PDA

View Full Version : Red Hand of Doom: Team 1 (IC)



Powerfamiliar
2007-12-18, 12:53 PM
A few days ago you received a letter from a trusted friend Norro Winston, a member of House Deneith, asking for help, and of course offering good coin, in a small town just across the Darguun border. You take the rail as far as it will take you and then march on towards Drellinís Ferry. It takes a few uneventful days, but finally the town is within sight, just a few miles away.


Need Marching order.

Dorizzit
2007-12-18, 03:53 PM
Kallan goes third. He currently has animated a pair of human commoner zombies and an owlbear skeleton. The owlbear is to his right, and both zombies are on his left. "So what do you think Norro wanted, guys?" he asks nonchalantly.

Darkantra
2007-12-18, 03:53 PM
Marshek Taruuc

In the column of mercenaries, Marshek was the only goblonoid present, and it showed in his demeanor. He walked ahead of the others, forming the spearhead of the column. Eyes alert and forward he kept a warry hand on his greatsword, for who knew what could be lurking just off of the paths. As the group came in sight of the town he relaxed slightly, and let his hand fall to his side. As Kallan speaks up Marshek looks back and narrows his eyes, ever so perceptively, at the undead that flank him.

"There have been strange rumors circulating amongst the tribes lately," he gumbled back before turning his head forwards again, "I don't know specifics but apparantly Norro has something to tell us when we get there."

GimliFett
2007-12-18, 04:07 PM
Arsenal

Being the tallest and biggest target, Arsenal is the rear guard. He carries his ever-present trident in hand, ready for use at a moment's notice. The crystal affixed at the base of the head gleams -- a match for the cloudless sky above.

"Help, I am sure, Kallan. It is the only reason he ever makes contact. Perhaps it will be something a bit more useful than simple coin this time," the warforged replies in his hollow, though booming voice. Even though he had been in the company of many living beings, he still had not learned to tone down his voice, unless there was an obvious need for quiet.

Dorizzit
2007-12-18, 04:59 PM
"Yes, thank you, Arsenal, I hadn't figured that out already." Kallan's voice drips sarcasm. "I meant what do people think he needs help with?"

Shishnarfne
2007-12-18, 05:12 PM
Aramina walks nervously second in line, where she can keep an eye on the road ahead without being caught in melee too easily... A small, brown owl naps on her shoulder. Her eyes scan the surrounding terrain continually out of habit. Another habit: her bow is already in her left hand.

If it's important enough for Winston to call us in, I reckon we'll find out soon enough. I do hope we'll be able to work together well, I'm more used to working with other elves.

GimliFett
2007-12-18, 05:12 PM
Arsenal

The warforged's head tilts to one side as he considers Kallan's words. After a moment, a sound like tearing metal seems to emit from the living construct. Those familiar with Arsenal recognize it as his laughter. "Indeed, Kallan. Sorry," he apologizes. "I assume it is some difficulty between Breland and Darguun, though I can really speculate no further without better intelligence."

Dorizzit
2007-12-18, 05:19 PM
Kallan chuckles. "Think nothing of it. I'm actually a nice guy, once you get past my..." he gestures at his macabre guards. "Eccentricities."

Powerfamiliar
2007-12-18, 05:45 PM
The road crests a small rise and descends into a dusty grove in a large shallow dell. An abandoned farmhouse, partially visible through the trees, stands on one side of the road. You've passed a dozen spots just like this one, but something is wrong, your adventurer's sense is tingling. Then you glint mail through the trees on both sides of the road, a very poorly laid ambush.

Initiative:
Marshek
Kallan
Aramina
Gobbos+
Arsenal
Barendek = yellow (cant read with yellow text :smalltongue:
Ursevas

1 square = 5 feet.
Dark blue = hounds

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/redhandcopy-1.jpg


Putting the roll results here in case I miss a modifier.
Spot:
Marshek 5+0 = 5
Aramina 10+10 = 20
Barendek 10+3 = 13
Kallan 4-1 = 3
Ursevas 7-1 = 6
Arsenal 10-2 = 8

DC was 2 :smalltongue:

Dorizzit
2007-12-18, 05:56 PM
Kallan's initiative is actually +3... oops...

Darkantra
2007-12-18, 06:24 PM
Marshek Taruuc
Reacting quickly to the sense of danger Marshek draws his greatsword, sending a rasp through the air as the enchanted metal slides free from it's scabbard. The grumbling tone from earlier leaves his voice as he dashes towards the nearest foe.

"Spread out and pick off the ones closest to us, then work your way out. You all know what to do!"

Closing in on his surprised ambusher Marshek concentrates and sends a peal of electricity up his blade before swinging it into a cruel arc.

AC: 19, HP: 38

Charge action to L14, while channeling a shocking grasp through his greatsword which he drew during that action to attack gobbo #5
[roll0] with a +3 modifier because they're wearing metal armor (from the Shocking Grasp spell).
Is actually a 17 now from the charge.
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Shishnarfne
2007-12-18, 06:45 PM
Back up to G16, draw bow if not already out:

If bow is not already out, spend move action to draw bow and attack Gobbo #4:

Attack (including PBS): +11[roll0]
Damage: 1d8+3+4(favored enemy)+1PBS[roll1]

If bow is out, Rapid shot Gobbo #4 as full-round action:
Attack one: +9[roll2]
Damage: [roll3]
Attack two: +9[roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

I hope this works.

Dorizzit
2007-12-18, 06:48 PM
Kallan reacts quickly to the ambush, sending the two zombies against goblin number 1 while the owlbear bears down on goblin number 4. The zombies ineffectively lash out with their fists at the goblin, while the owlbear shreds his opponent. Kallan then makes several arcane sigils with his hands, finally arcing a black ray of energy at the 5th goblin.


Kallan's attack, casting Negative Energy Ray: [roll0]
And damage: [roll1]

Also, all undead are charging, with appropriate modifiers taken into account. Zombies are found on page 266 of the MM, and Skeletons are on page 226.

Zombie Attacks: [roll2] [roll3]
And Damage: [roll4] [roll5]

Owlbear Attacks: Claw 1: [roll6] and Claw 2: [roll7]
And Claw 1 damage: [roll8] and Claw 2 damage: [roll9]
And Bite: [roll10]
And Damage: [roll11]

Powerfamiliar
2007-12-18, 08:32 PM
DM

Marshek's blade just barely catches a piece of the hobgoblins armor, but that's enough to make an incredible amount of current flow through him, frying him.

Aramina draws to arrows from her quiver, and both strike true. He drops as he tried to draw an arrow of his own.

Kallan's zombies managee to do nothing buy annoy the hobgoblin, but the owlbear skeleton mangles one to death. His own ray barely misses his target.

Another hound appears near the side path just ahead. The remaining hobgoblins don't even flinch or think about retreating. #1 drops his bow, draws a longsword and slices him with his sword for [3] damage.

#3, and #6 draw arrows, and fire at the front most party members. #3's arrow just hits Aramina for [5] damage, he then moves away form the skeleton. #6's arrow was intended for Marshek but it missed badly.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/redhandcopy-2.jpg

Initiative:
Marshek
Kallan
Aramina
Gobbos+
Arsenal
Barendek = yellow (cant read with yellow text :smalltongue:
Ursevas

Arsenal's turn.

tsuyoshikentsu
2007-12-18, 09:04 PM
Ursevas moves in between the zombies and the skeleton, starting to dance and ululate wildly.

Move to 14D, start a full-round action. Casting Dance of Ruin, which will complete on my next action.

Kagan
2007-12-19, 02:01 AM
Barendek moves closer to the archers, drawing a shortspear mid-step, and throws it at the archer eyeing Marshek's flank.

Move down to H12, drawing spear during the move action, throwing it at hobgoblin #6. With the -2 penalty due to range increments, it comes to [roll0], for [roll1] damage.

Shishnarfne
2007-12-19, 08:07 AM
Aramina launches another pair of arrows: this time at hobgoblin #3 (no PBS):

Attack 1 (rapid shot)+8:[roll0]
Damage:1d8+7:[roll1]
Attack 2 (rapid shot)+8:[roll2]
Damage:1d8+7:[roll3]

She mutters, Does anyone know what these dog-things can do?, reaching into her quiver for more arrows...

GimliFett
2007-12-19, 12:18 PM
Arsenal

Arsenal readies his trident and rushes the target nearest him along the western flank. "Your lesser pawns do not seem up to the task, Kallan," he calls out as he rams the weapon into the assailant.

Move to 15B
Attack: [roll0] +2 for charge; -2AC from charge.
Damage: [roll1]

Darkantra
2007-12-20, 11:26 AM
Marshek Taruuc

Marshek takes a quick glance back, seeing that his comrades had the rear guard well in hand, and that Aramia already had a bead on the hobgoblin on his right. Though they were his people that fact that they were no more than common bandits rankled him.

"They shall receive no less than they deserve." he mumbles in goblin.

He sprints, yet again, at the next hobgoblin in line and shouting a battlecry, again in goblin.

"For Lhesh Haruuc!"

Charge action up to O10 to attack the hobgoblin #6, while channeling shocking grasp through his sword.
AC: 19 HP: 38

[roll0] with a +3 added in if it's wearing metal armor.
[roll1]
[roll2]

Dorizzit
2007-12-20, 02:48 PM
"You labeled them incorrectly. They are merely pawns, the lowliest of my art." Kallan directs his zombies to return to his side. He then directs the owlbear to attack the Hellhound next to the Hobbo marked 6:

(Charging, already figured in to calculations)

Claw 1: [roll0] And Damage: [roll1]

And Claw 2: [roll2] And Damage: [roll3]

And Bite: [roll4] And Damage: [roll5]

Powerfamiliar
2007-12-20, 03:44 PM
DM

Arsenal pierces through the hobgoblin armor, dealing massive damage, but not disabling his opponent.

Similarly Barendek's spear finds its mark but fails to cause any serious damage.

#6 replies to Marshek's battle cry "Death to Lhesh Har...BZZZTT!" ,and falls down twitching.

The owlbear skeleton's claw finds its mark, hurting the hound.


since it's a charge he cant full attack, unless I'm missing something.


Aramina's arrows strike true, downing another hobgoblin.

#1 tries to fight back, but is lucky not to drop his weapon.

rolled a 2.


The Hell Hounds take 5 foot steps and breath noxious cones of fire. The owlbear skeleton is caught by both, but manages to partially evade one, taking [18] fire damage. Marshek is only partially affected by one cone taking [5] damage.

Suddenly from the path a new figure appears. A gaunt scarred hobgoblin wearing bright red robes, with set of goggles strapped to his face, weilding a finely crafted staff. He points at the center of the road and creates a huge sticky web.

Aramina and Barendek are both trapped within the web, Aramina manages to avoid the thicker strands and is only entangled, Banderek is completely immobilized.

Loud chanting is audible near this new creature, but it is impossible to determine exactly where it is coming form.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/redhand-5.jpg

Initiative:
Marshek
Kallan
Aramina
Gobbos+
Arsenal
Barendek = yellow (cant read with yellow text :smalltongue:
Ursevas

Arsenal's turn.

GimliFett
2007-12-20, 03:52 PM
Arsenal

The warforged tilts his head to one side, as if listening to something faint. "I named them pawns, Kallan. What do you mean?" Arsenal bellows as he thrusts his trident into his hobgoblin opponent once more.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Dorizzit
2007-12-20, 03:55 PM
Kallan grins. "I'm just screwing with you!" he says cheerfully.

GimliFett
2007-12-20, 04:01 PM
Arsenal

Arsenal tilts his head back the other way and booms, "But I have no screws, Kallas." after five heartbeats, the warforged's tearing-metal laughter can be heard over the din of battle.

Dorizzit
2007-12-20, 04:25 PM
"I said screwing with you, metal head. What you're thinking of is if I had said I was screwing you. wait, ew...multiple definitions..."

Darkantra
2007-12-20, 11:07 PM
Marshek Taruuc

As always Marshek is struck by how other races seem to laugh off dire predicaments and seemingly ignore what was right in front of them. This new figure was obviously a leader of some sort with his better than the norm equipment, and seemed to be the greatest threat. But first the hound...

"Aramia, hit the robed one with some arrows, and the rest of you, why do you always have to joke around?", he yells back at the others.

He swings a blow at the fire-slavering hound and sends another burst of lightning down the blade to course through the creature.

AC: 21 HP: 33/38

Standard action to channel the hell out of the hell hound at M5 with shocking grasp (I'm going to run out of ways to describe that spell...). If he kills it then he'll move down to O6, but if the hound still lives he'll take a 5-foot step down to O9.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Kagan
2007-12-21, 12:41 AM
Barendek

"Ugh. How... expected," Barendek mutters to himself, as he attempts to force his way out of the newly formed webs.

Attempts a DC 20 strength check as a full-round action to get out of the webs - it's not a save, granted, but should I be rolling it?

Powerfamiliar
2007-12-21, 12:58 AM
Go ahead and roll, I'll moslty roll saves when they take place during the enemies turn, if they take place on yours, be free to roll them.

tsuyoshikentsu
2007-12-21, 03:34 AM
Ursevas releases the energy within him in a burst of energy chilling in more ways than one.

Completing Dance of Ruin. That's [roll0]+[roll1] to everything within ten feet. It's half cold and half negative energy.

Dorizzit
2007-12-21, 06:45 AM
Kallan moves to 11E, skirting the web, his bodyguards located in front of him. Meanwhile, the owlbear continues to tear into the Hellhound:

Claw 1: [roll0] And Damage: [roll1]

And Claw 2: [roll2] And Damage: [roll3]

And Bite: [roll4] And Damage: [roll5]

Shishnarfne
2007-12-21, 08:44 AM
AC 20 (if I ever get out of this entangled area) HP: 31/36 (by my math)Spells prepared: Resist Energy


Aramina picks her way through the difficult area to H17 (move action, moving half speed due to entanglement), then, once free of the hindering webbing,
launches an arrow at the robed hobgoblin with the staff:

Attack: (+10) [roll0]
Damage: 1d8+7[roll1]

Powerfamiliar
2007-12-21, 01:40 PM
DM

Arsenal skewers the hobgoblin, blood splashes everywhere and the enemy falls.

Barendek struggles with the web, and manages to break through, He is now merely entangled by weaker strands.

Uservas causes an dark icy burst, that damages no one in particular.

Marshek's strike is deflected by the hound thick skin, missing its mark. It tries to bite back, but your armor hold his bite back.

The owlbear skeleton's claws rip their way through the hell hound, tearing it to pieces.

Aramina's arrow strike the caster in the shoulder causing him to wince in pain, but ultimately shrug it off. Looking at the archer with evil intent. He raises his staff, utters a few arcane words and a ball of fire appears next the the archer and moves towards her, she expertly dodges the incoming flame, which seems to be turning for a second pass.

Hurried footsteps can the heard coming from the road ahead. 6 more hobgoblins appear, closing fast on the party.

One more hobgoblin suddenly pops into being in the trees near Kallan. This one wears heavy metal armor, and carries and mace. He grasps a symbol hanging from his neck, utters a few dark words and points it at the zombies, who seem to stop and turn around menacingly towards Kallan.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/redhand-9.jpg

Initiative:
Marshek
Kallan
Aramina
Gobbos+
Arsenal
Barendek = yellow (cant read with yellow text :smalltongue:
Ursevas

Arsenal's turn.

GimliFett
2007-12-21, 04:09 PM
Arsenal

With a flick of his wrist to remove the blood and viscera from his trident, Arsenal moves forward just short of the wall. He concentrates a moment and infuses the weapon with a bane against goblinoids. "Are you capable of dealing with your minions, Kallan?" he asks the necromancer.

Move to 9-B. Infuse personal weapon augmentation: goblinoid bane. Used Rapid Infusion to do it.

Dorizzit
2007-12-21, 04:12 PM
"More than capable. The little cleric is mine too." Turning to said cleric, Kallan shows his teeth in a pointed grin. "You have no idea who you're dealing with, you pathetic fool," he says, brandishing his skeletal arm.

GimliFett
2007-12-21, 04:23 PM
Arsenal

The warforged nods and signals his intent to circle around the ruined building and flank the newcomers.

Powerfamiliar
2007-12-21, 05:10 PM
DM

The cleric gives Kallan a wicked smile, and grasps his weapon.

Kagan
2007-12-22, 10:01 AM
Barendek

Signaling his acknowledgement to Arsenal, Barendek moves to converge with the warforged at the building. He slowly makes his way through the sticky webs, and manages to heave a shortspear once he's free of the mess - but badly misses.

Moves to H-10, throws a shortspear at the hobgoblin in front of him (I believe that's the cleric, right?) at I-7, rolling a [roll0]

Darkantra
2007-12-23, 01:23 AM
Marshek Taruuc

Marshek flicks a hand at the hound challenging him. A dark purple ray shoots from his hand to strike at the demonic dog. He gives a grunt at the new enemies but whips his head around to bark out orders.

"Kallan, have your skeleton kill the hound and Aramia, see if you can pick off some of these fresh enemies! I've got plans for the mage so leave him to me!"

Marshek sprints away from the now weakened hound, hoping to evade it's attack. He spits out a sentence in goblin as he closes in on the mage, sword glowing with a sickly light.

"We'll talk later traitor!"

AC: 19, HP 33

Marshek uses his 1/day Quick Cast to cast Ray of Enfeeblement at the hell hound then charges the mage, ending up at M6, and attacks with a channeled Ghoul Touch. He'll still take the AoO from the hell hound but I'm hoping that the str damage lowers his chances of getting thrashed :smalltongue:.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4] rounds

There's no save for the payalysis, but any creature coming within 10 ft of the mage (excepting Marshek) has to make a DC 15 fort save or become sickened.

Dorizzit
2007-12-23, 08:13 AM
The Owlbear takes a 5 foot step and attacks the Hellhound:

[roll0] [roll1]

[roll2] [roll3]

[roll4] [roll5]

Meanwhile, Kallan Rebukes his thralls into his control once more:

Rebuke Check: [roll6]

And Total HD amount: [roll7]

Shishnarfne
2007-12-23, 01:55 PM
Aramina hears Marshek's words and redirects her attention to the hobgoblin cleric, with another pair of arrows:

Shot 1 (+8): [roll0]
Damage: 1d8+7 [roll1]
Shot 2: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Shishnarfne
2007-12-23, 01:57 PM
Crit threats???

Confirmation rolls:
First one: 1d20+8
[roll0]

Second:
[roll1]

First set of extra damage (multiplying favored enemy damage, add to original): 2d8+14 [roll2]
Second set:
2d8+14 [roll3]

(Wow, the roller liked me that round...)

Powerfamiliar
2007-12-26, 07:26 PM
DM

Ursevas takes a few steps back and let loose a small fiery bead, which detonates once near the new arrivals. All but 2 are knocked down by the explosion, the 2 are badly burned.

Marshek's ray weakens the hound, which misses as it tries to strike back. The wizard is both hurt and paralyzed after the attack.

Kallan regains control of his zombies. The skeleton wounds the hell hound, who bites back dealing [6] damage, 5 of it fire damage.

Aramina's arrows break through the softer spots in the clerics armor, and blood starts to gush out, almost instantly he drops.

The two remaining hobgoblins charge Marshek, one connecting for [3] damage.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/redhand-17.jpg

Initiative:
Marshek
Kallan
Aramina
Gobbos+
Arsenal
Barendek = yellow (cant read with yellow text :smalltongue:
Ursevas

Darkantra
2007-12-26, 09:17 PM
Marshek Taruuc

Having secured the wizard Marshek attacks the hobgoblin threatening him from next to the stunned mage.

Standard action to channel Shocking Grasp through sword and an attack against the hobgoblin at N5.

[roll0] add 3 if it wears metal armor.
[roll1]
[roll2]

GimliFett
2007-12-27, 02:03 PM
Arsenal

The warforged moves around the broken walls of the ruin, keeping a low profile and attempting to limit his exposure to the enemy.

Double-Move around western walls of ruin to 1-D.

Dorizzit
2007-12-27, 02:29 PM
Kallan glares at Aramina before advancing on the hut. Meanwhile, the Skeleton continues savaging the Hound:

[roll0] [roll1]

[roll2] [roll3]

[roll4] [roll5]

Shishnarfne
2007-12-28, 10:07 AM
(Looks like we have two hobgoblins in melee (maybe just one by now), and possibly a hellhound still in the fight.)
Aramina shakes her head and says, "I was running low on targets..." in response to the cleric's disapproval, redirecting her attention to the last hobgoblins in melee...

(target the closer of the two if still standing)

(Precise shot so no penalty for shooting into melee):

Rapid shot 1: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Rapid shot 2: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Dorizzit
2007-12-28, 11:46 AM
Aramina shakes her head and says, "I was running low on targets..." in response to the cleric's disapproval

((Who you callin' a cleric?))

Kagan
2007-12-29, 09:54 AM
Barendek

Shuddering and whispering to himself, "The poor damned fools," the cleric rushes to assist Marshek.

Charge to L6, attacking the target at M5, rolling a [roll0] for [roll1] damage

Shishnarfne
2007-12-30, 09:45 PM
((Who you callin' a cleric?))

((Oops, saw someone rebuking undead and jumped to Conclusions... At least the swim back woke me up... Anyway, there's a chance IC for the same mistake, but my apologies.)

tsuyoshikentsu
2008-01-01, 03:56 PM
Ursevas does some quick aiming and curses. "Marshek! Incoming!"

He then hurls a ball of deathly clod energy into the midst of the fray, which explodes.

OOC:

Firing a uttercoldball at O7. This'll hit all the hobgoblins, the owlbear skeleton, the hell hound, and, unfortunately, Marshek.

The owlbear will be healed for half of the "damage" it takes -- the ball is half-cold, half negative energy and skeletons are cold immune. The hell hound will take half negative energy, hand half of the damage multiplied by 150% of cold because of its subtype. Everyone else takes half negative energy and half cold, unless someone's got a subtype I don't know about.

Damage: [roll0]

So owlbear's healed for 10, hell hound takes 10 (-)energy and 15 cold, and everyone else takes 10 (-)E and 10 cold. Save DC 17 for half.

Oh, spells prepared. For simplicity's sake, all 1st slots are uttercold frost hands, all 2nds are dance of ruin, and all thirds are uttercold ball -- but both thirds are now used.

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-01, 04:31 PM
DM

Ursevas unleashes a blast of cold energy. The the hellhound and one of the hobgoblin warrior are blown apart by the blast. another warrior, and the robed one manage to survive, but are badly injured. Marshek takes 10 damage.

Barendek's charge hits the robed figure cleanly, it's still standing, but just barely.

Marshek cuts down the last of the warrior, the corpse get a nice electric jolt, but fails to come back to life.

Kallan manages to regain control of his minions, while his skeleton is actually healed by Urseva's blast.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/redhand-19.jpg

And combat is over. You have 6 round ot decide what to do with the almost dead robed figure.


Everyone gains 750 xp.


Loot:


Searching the fallen bodies you find:

8 somewhat old and damaged suits of chainmail.
8 heavy steel shields
8 composite longbows (+1 str)
8 well crafted, but worn longswords. (MW)
100 arrows.
1 very finely crafted and kept breastplate. (MW)
1 fine mace. (MW)

Z had a fist sized metal plaque hanging from his neck. It seems to be inscribes with a dragon like head.

U had a wooden staff adorned with metal (MW quarterstaff), and carries a pair of odd looking goggles.

tsuyoshikentsu
2008-01-01, 04:35 PM
"Hmph." Ursevas strolls to the corpses, brushing imaginary dirt from his sleeves. "Sorry about the blast, Marshek. Anyone else want that staff?"

Shishnarfne
2008-01-01, 06:17 PM
Aramina heals her wounds with a charge from the Healing belt for [roll0] more hp, which should be enough for a full heal...
"So what do we ask our foe when he awakes? And how do we restrain him? Oh, yeah, can I have a few of those arrows to replace the ones I used?"


The elf then looks around, bow in hand, as though waiting for others to make the difficult decisions...

Darkantra
2008-01-01, 06:38 PM
Marshek Taruuc

Marshek gives a howl as the spell sucked warmth and life from his skin and glares angrily at Ursevas. Slicing down the last enemy he gives his sword a quick wipe before sheathing it. Though angry he gives a nod to the cold mage.

"Such is battle. I might have use of one of those bows, and the goggles are interesting. First though Aramina," he turns to the paralyzed mage, "I want to have a word with this traitor."

Marshek slings his backpack off of his shoulders and pulls out a long length of silken rope. He begins binding the paralyzed hobgoblin's hands.

"Berenderak, can you make sure that he doesn't die from his wounds? And Kallan, I may need your... delicate touch."

Making a Use Rope check to bind the caster.
[roll0] and then +10 if he tries to escape.

Dorizzit
2008-01-02, 08:43 AM
Kallan grins in the most disturbing manner possible and hefts his skeleton arm, before saying: "Just give me one second. I want to talk to the Cleric..." Engaging his spirit sight he begins speaking with the Cleric: "Who, pray tell, is your master?" He asks, initially innocuous.

Darkantra
2008-01-04, 02:23 PM
Marshek Taruuc

Marshek finishes binding the wizard's hands with what he thinks are good knots. He wipes his forhead and flicks a bead of sweat at the hobgoblin's eyes. Intoning a quick spell he sets his hand on the hobgoblin's head and sends a quick burst of negative energy into him.

Casting touch of fatigue, the DC is 13 and fort based. Might as well make him as easy to subdue as possible.

GimliFett
2008-01-04, 02:30 PM
Arsenal

The warforged regroups with the others, coming from the backside of the ruin. "If I may, I will attempt to ascertain the nature of the goggles," he offers.

If given the goggles to check, Artificer Knowledge (DC15): [roll0] to determine if it is magical. Takes one minute. If it is, I will infuse identify to determine it's properties.

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-08, 11:36 PM
DM

The robed hobgoblin looks as defiant as a near death, fatigued and bound hobgoblin can look, but doesn't seem to be trying anything or in any way reacting to the party.

Kallan:

Using your spirit sense, you notice the spirit of the cleric who replies to your inquiry. "Hahaha, and, pray tell, why should I tell you anything."


Arsenal:

The goggles are magical. Using Identify you learn this:

Goggles of foe finding
The lenses of this goggles continually fade back and forth between soot black and snow white.

While you attack foes that have cover while wearing the goggles you ignore the cover bonus to AC they would normally receive. You cannot circumvent to effect of total cover.

Dorizzit
2008-01-09, 07:26 AM
"Because I can deny you your spirit's final journey and sever your connection to death, forcing you to wander this plane for all of eternity, forced to bear witness to events even as you can do nothing to interact with them. None will be able to see, smell, touch, or hear you. That is why you will answer me!"

Bluff Check: [roll0]

Intimidate Check: [roll1]

GimliFett
2008-01-09, 11:25 AM
Arsenal

Arsenal studies the goggles for a couple of minutes, then moves next to Marshek to report his findings. "The goggles aid those who attack opponents with partial cover, negating the effect unless they are completely covered. I would suggest it best used by Aramina." He then waits patiently for the outcome of Kallan's interrogation.

Darkantra
2008-01-09, 01:26 PM
Marshek Taruuc

Sheathing his sword Marshek rubs his battle-worn muscles, still eying the robed hobgoblin with hatred and ready to bring a fist crashing into his kinsman's face if need be. He waves over Aramina, nodding to Arsenals input.

"True, she'll make better use of it than any of us."

Shishnarfne
2008-01-09, 02:49 PM
Aramina looks at the goggles, nods, and says, "Yes, I could use these. Does anyone else want them? If not, I'll put them to good use." She gives a small smile, looking expectantly at her companions.

GimliFett
2008-01-10, 01:07 PM
Arsenal

The artificer hands the goggles to the archer with a nod. "Did you hear my explanation?" Arsenal asks.

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-10, 02:00 PM
DM

Kallan:

The clerics face shows signs of worry, but he manages to shake them off. "You can do no such thing. You may be able to desecrate my corpse you vile necromancer, but you can not hurt my soul. My master and his red hand will destroy you all., there is no hope for you and your kind.

Any further questions are met with little more than insults.

Dorizzit
2008-01-10, 05:27 PM
Kallan dismisses the soul. Any questions directed at him are met with a sulky glare.

Darkantra
2008-01-10, 08:07 PM
Marshek Taruuc

"Take it for now Aramina, we can redistribute equipment if we need to when we get to the town."

Seeing Kallan sulking Marshek laughs and bares his teeth.

"Don't worry friend, we've got a live one here."

Shishnarfne
2008-01-11, 02:32 PM
Aramina accepts the goggles, "Thank you. These should help me."

She then turns her attention to the surrounding woods, allowing the others to direct the questioning while she keeps watch for possible reinforcements.

Darkantra
2008-01-20, 02:21 AM
Marshek Taruuc

After handing the goggles to the archer Marshek turns to his captive and grabs him roughly by the throat and hair. Leaning in close he growls at the man in thick goblin.

"Your companion over there," he nods towards one of the electricity burned corpses on the edge of the path, "Said something interesting before he died, he said "Death to Lhesh Haruuc." Betraying the one who led our people into dominance over this land is punishable by death, mongrel! And it's death that will come for you, you just have to choose the method."

"You tell us everything about who you are and the reason your group attacked us, and you'll be imprisoned and forced to work until your death when your soul can go where it may. If you don't say anything then I give you to him," Marshek takes his hand off the captive's hair and points to Kallan, "He uses your soul to fuel his spells and raises your corpse to fight until it falls apart. It's your choice, make it quickly."

Having said his piece he begins draging the hobgoblin over to Kallan.

Making a long-winded Intimidate check. If Kallan wishes to make an Intimidate check as well then this can be treated as an Aid Another instead.

[roll0]

Dorizzit
2008-01-20, 07:05 AM
Seeing as Marshek is being approximately as scary as musty styrofoam, Kallan decides to help him out. Walking over to the captive hobgoblin, Kallan runs a (skeletal) hand down the side of his enemy's face. Although the touch itself is as soft as a feather, the razor sharp points still draw lines of blood. In an immensely disturbing voice, Kallan begins to speak. "Oh yes, I can show you horrors that would drive every sliver of sanity from your mind. I could force you to endure horrors that shouldn't even be physically possible. I could force you to suffer years in agony before you died. I can do it all, and I will, unless you just answer our questions."

[roll0]

((OOC edit: All I need is one good roll, and I can make my enemies piss themselves. So far...I've gotten a 6 and an 11. Joy.))

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-20, 12:49 PM
DM

Closer inspection of this creature shows his body to be warped and almost completely scarred. It is unclear if they are self inflicted, but it is clear this creature has suffered through incredibly amounts of pain.

The creature tries to stay quite while Marshek speaks, but his atempt at "intimidation" is jsut too much to take. "What are you trying to do? Am I supposed to fear you?" he gives Marshek a wicked smile, his teeth are sharp and crooked. Haruuc is weak, what does he do with his might? Nothing!, he sells of his soldiers as mercenaries, deals with other nations when he should conquer!,...but who cares now, the Red hand is coming.

When Kallan finishes speaking. Whatever horrors you can show me I have seen worse. I am finished, I have already spoken too much, try your worst young necromancer, I assure you, you will get more response out of torturing your puppets over there.he glances over to our undead minions.

GimliFett
2008-01-21, 12:39 PM
Arsenal

The warforged observes the interactions silently. Strange how they threaten and ignore those threats, he thinks to himself. Arsenal stands still, a silent sentinel among the fleshed beings.

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-21, 08:46 PM
DM

((I'm assuming you don't kill the prisioner, if you do just say so and ignore the question about him.))

After a few uneventful hours you manage to arrive to town before nightfall. The tied hobgoblins, while not fully cooperating, don't present any significant resistance to your travel. The road descend into a town built mostly on the near side of a broad, sluggish river. You notice Six old stone piers marking the spot where a bridge once stood, but the span itself is long gone. Instead a couple of long thick ropes cross the river, each secured to a flat-bottomed ferryboat. Brown fields and green orchards surround the town.

A group of armed guards stands watch. Six in total, 4 hobgoblin, 1 human, 1 goblin. The goblin and 2 hobgoblin are wearing leather armor, The belly and part of the torso of each armor, is painted a light blue-ish color. The other two hobgoblins and the human wear chain armor, decorated in purples and green. One of the hobgoblins armor carries the crest that you all recognize as House Deneith's.

As soon as they notice you, and the tied hobgoblin, a mail wearing hobgoblin signals to the goblin while the other four ready their polearms. The hobgoblin approaches you and speaks: "Halt!, what is your business in Drellin's Ferry?, and what exactly is going on here?", he points at the tied prisoner.

Dorizzit
2008-01-21, 08:52 PM
Kallan grins sadistically, moving his arm in such a way so as to reveal its skeletal nature. "He and a larger group attacked us. We taught them them that banditry is bad."

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-21, 09:32 PM
The hobgoblin takes a quick step back as he notices Kallan's arm, but then regains his composure.


Deneith crest wearing hobgoblin

"Well that answers whats with him, sadly bandit activity near the outskirts of town has increased in the past few days. We'll gladly take care of this savage." He glares at the prisioner, who quickly return the favor. "Now what is your business in town?"

Dorizzit
2008-01-22, 06:20 AM
"We received a message from Norro Winston asking for our aid."

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-22, 08:52 AM
Deneith crest wearing hobgoblin

"Oh yes, we were to expect you , I'll send word you have arrived." He looks each party member up and down, nodding approvingly of Marshek in particular, glad to see a fellow hobgoblin. "I believe he wants to talk to you about the bandits." He motions to the other side and the ferry boat starts moving towards this side of the river. "He will meet you in the Old Bridge Inn momentarily, you will find it after you cross the river. Kellin runs the place, feel free to ask him fro accommodations and supplies."

Two of the guards relieve you of the prisioner and get on the ferry with the creature. "We'll keep this one In that big stone building if you need him for anything" The ferry ride takes about 6 minutes. Once on the toher side finding the inn is of no difficulty.

The Old Bridge Inn

The building is of decent size and seems well kept. You enter to the common room, its full of goblinoids with the odd human scattered around. Most are drinking and many are doing gambling of any sort, lots of card playing and dice throwing, also cursing lots of cursing. A thin, older looking goblin seems to be shouting instructions, and ordering people around and as you enter he turns to you. "Yes? What do you want?"

map to date:

You are near the red X.
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/Drellin.jpg

I'll be filling the spots of interest as you get near them.
8. Old toll house (Jail)
10: The Old Bridge Inn
16. Gausler's Brewhouse
17: Jendar's Warehouse.
18: Sterrell's provisioning

GimliFett
2008-01-22, 08:59 AM
Arsenal

The warforged follows along silently, observing and cataloguing streets, alleys and locales. As usual, Arsenal leaves the conversation for Marshek or others as many continue to treat his kind as property rather than sentient beings.

Dorizzit
2008-01-22, 09:26 AM
Kallan addresses the goblin. "We're looking for Norro Winston."

Darkantra
2008-01-22, 11:50 AM
Marshek Taruuc

Marshek nods back in respect to the hobgoblin guardsman and pushes the captive towards the other soldiers.

"This one's a mage, so be sure to keep him from casting any spells. That's my rope too, so I'll pick it up from the jail later."

Nodding again to the soldiers Marshek departs with the others. In a way, he enjoyed the ferry ride. The peaceful lull of the river helped to wash the fatigue of battle away while he went over what they knew already and had to do in his head.

The inn was easy to find like the guardsman said and once inside Marshek grinned widely at the smell of goblin food and drink. Following Kallan to the counter he responds to the goblin in their tongue after Kallan speaks.

"The guards told us that you would direct us, Kellin right?"

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-22, 01:41 PM
Kellin Shadowbanks

He looks a bit puzzled by Kallan's request. "Afraid I just ran out of Norros...This is an inn, I can serve you a meal or offer you a room, both of which I have plenty off, political figures not so much."

He turns towards Marshek. "Karsh must have sent you, he has the tendency to send all sorts of strangers my way. Good lad that one, sad I hear he's being shipped out to some brellish noble once he finished training here." He shakes his head and once again focuses on Marshek. "Need directions eh? Well buy some drinks and start asking."

GimliFett
2008-01-22, 01:58 PM
Arsenal

Given no need to imbibe or ingest anything, Arsenal places himself adjacent to the door through which the group entered and observes the clientele, also noting additional exits from the room.

Search: [roll0]

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-22, 02:35 PM
DM

Arsenal:


There are about 3 other noticeable ways out of the room. A set of large doors in the opposite end of the entrance you used, stairs to your right as you enter, and a door behind the bar area.

GimliFett
2008-01-24, 09:38 AM
Arsenal

The warforged vigilantly observes the clientele, looking for any signs of over-interest in the newly arrived group.

Darkantra
2008-01-24, 01:40 PM
Marshek Taruuc

Marshek hands a gold coin to the barkeep.

"Get me a good ale, and something to eat. So where are the best shops for weapons, equipment, and magic in this town?"

After the goblin answers Marshek begins to look around for a place to sit.

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-24, 03:43 PM
Kellin

Kellin grabs the coin, inspects it for a few seconds and then signals to another goblin. You find a suitable table near a wall, and Kelin brings you a mug of ale, and a leg of some sort of animal, tastes like chicken. "We have several shops in town, depends what you are looking for. Weapons and armor you go to Morlin's place, the Deneith humans are supposed to have a decent armory but they don't really sell anything, except older items to the town guard. The shrine to Dol Dorn can probably sell you a few magic items, as can Sertieren the Wise. Sertieren is not really a businessman, and is not always in the mood for business. Delora can supply you with any of your pack animal needs. Umm lets see what else...oh yeah Jarret sells some gear and clothing."

Arsenal:

You notice no specific interest in the group. You get a few passing glances, and a few stares from the younger goblins but nothing that would make you uneasy.


A few minutes after you have setteled another group enters the inn, 2 armored humans, 1 plainsclothed human, a hobgoblin female, and what you recognize as Norro Winston, who has grown a mustache since the last tiem you saw him. "I heard you arrived" he smiles. "How are you my friends. Glad you could make it." his face turns serious. "It seems we have a problem." He signals Kellin who leads both parties through a door into an empty room. "As it seems you've already experienced ,the areas around my town are growing ever more dangerous. This is the reason I called you here. The road has always been a target for bandits, but lately they have increased very noticeably, and we've had some raids in the outer farmlands.The hobgoblin interrupts. "We assume the attacks are coming from the woods, I sent some of my men to investigate, but sadly none have returned."

Norro

"Where are my manners, This is Captain Sorrana, she's in charge of the town guard. Like she says, although we have been effective driving back any raids, we have been unable locate the bandits hiding place. This is where I was hoping you could help. I sent some scouts not long ago into the forest, to see what they could find, sadly none have returned. I fear my men are just not trained for this. We were hoping you could help us locate this band, and possibly drive it from the forest."

Norro:
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/rhod_gallery/95650.jpg

Map to date (updated)

You are near the red X.
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/map-3.jpg

I'll be filling the spots of interest as you get near them.
2: Open air market, mostly selling produce.
3: Nice house, has two guards in Deneith colors standing outside.
5: Morlin's smithy
6. Shrine to Dol Dorn
7. Sertherrien's house
8: Jail
9: Stone building
10: The Old Bridge Inn
11. Jarred Sundries
12: Delora's place.
13: Wooden building.
17: Jendar's Warehouse.
18: Sterrell's provisioning

Dorizzit
2008-01-24, 03:48 PM
Kallan listens intently. "We would be happy to help. When shall we set out?"

Shishnarfne
2008-01-25, 09:44 AM
"Do you know much about the woods around here? I don't know the local area, and I didn't see that any of these looked like a woodsman," Aramina replies, gesturing to her companions.

"A local guide would help me."

GimliFett
2008-01-25, 09:58 AM
Arsenal

The warforged steps forward from his position by the door of the meeting room to draw the attention of those gathered. His booming voice drowns out any noise from the common room, but seems focused forward so only those before him are best able to hear. "Norrowinston. What have these bandits taken? What armaments and magics have they utilized? Are they all goblinoids? Are they utilizing basic hit-grab-and-run tactics?" After speaking Arsenal returns to his former position.

Darkantra
2008-01-25, 12:30 PM
Marshek Taruuc

Marshek nods along with the questions of the others, scowling slightly at how quickly Kallan pledged their assistance. Though he had no other desire than to track down the traitors at the moment there was no point rushing into things.

"True, a guide and a run down of their tactics would help. There's something that concerns me though. When they attacked us they had two hell hounds with them, and normal bandits wouldn't be able to control such beasts. Have you seen any other creatures assisting them?"

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-25, 01:24 PM
Norro

"The bandits haven't been taking anything you wouldn't expect them too. The have mostly hit the outer farms, stealing supplies and destroying property. The town guard combined with my trainees is too strong for them to try any raids closer to town. They have also been targeting travelers across the Dawn way. ((The Dawn way is the main road in the are, your attack occurred in a part of the Dawn way.)) The road north has been practically closed, but that part has not been of much use lately, since it eventually leads into what once was Cyre."

"As for guides you can check with Jorr. He's an old soldier who settled in aa cabin just inside the forest. He's not the friendly type, but he's an expert on those woods, and he tends to dislike the Dakhaani bandits, very loyal to the Rhukaan Taash I hear."

"There have been no reports of weird creatures, apart from the expected Worgs."

"Ahh here." heh and the party a bag. "A few thing we collected to help you, and a map of the area. I've been allowed to offer you 600 pieces of gold if you succeed. Any more questions? If not good luck hunting."

map:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/wood-1.jpg

Remember to flip horizontally.
A is the road.
B are trails.
C is Jorr's cabin.


bag:

2 scrolls labeled: cure light wounds.
2 scrolls labeled: identify.
2 scrolls labeled: obscuring mist.
2 scrolls labeled: silent image.
2 potions labeled: cure light wounds.
1 potion labeled: darkvision.

Darkantra
2008-01-28, 12:54 AM
Marshek Taruuc

Marshek smiles slightly at the mention of the old man's allegiances.

Good, if we can convince him that these raiders mean to destabilize Lhesh Haruuc's rule then we'll have no trouble securing his services.


"The deal sounds fine to me," Marshek growls to the others, "We should get a good night's rest, where can we secure a room?"

Shishnarfne
2008-01-28, 09:26 AM
"Let us leave first thing tomorrow morning to visit Jorr, then."

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-28, 12:04 PM
Norro

"Very well then, I will leave you to prepare for you mission." he signals his servants and the captain and begins to leave.

Kellin

"If you need rooms you are in the right place. I have a few still available for the night. You could also try the Green Apple Inn, but you don't seem like the sort who can't afford a good night's rest."

((Old Bridge Inn is 2gp per day, comes with breakfast.))


((I'm going to give you a day or so before I move you along so that you can buy/sell or do whatever in town.))

Darkantra
2008-01-30, 01:03 AM
Marshek Taruuc

Marshek hands 2 gp over to Kellin.

"I'll stay here, It'll be good to spend a night in a goblin run inn."

He turns to the others and offers quick nods.

"We should be up as early as possible tomorrow, so let's get all of our trading and other business over either tonight or earl tomorrow."


Marshek will go to the jail to pick up his rope if there aren't any objections.

Shishnarfne
2008-01-30, 09:51 AM
As Aramina has no trading that she wishes to complete, she will stay here at the inn and start resting early in order to be ready first thing in the morning.

Dorizzit
2008-01-30, 02:00 PM
Kallan disappears into his room for the next period of time until the party is ready to leave or someone calls upon him.

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-31, 01:30 PM
DM

Day 2

The party sells most of the mundane equipment, identifies items, and prepare themselves for a day, or more, in the woods.


Arsenal: The breastplate is a +1 breastplate.
The mundane equipment sells for: 2345 gp


The party sets out north, heading for Jorr's cabin. It takes about 4 hours to arrive, it should be midday.

The trail leads past a small cabin in a deep forest glade. A ramshackle front porch is littered with fishing baskets and skinning frames. The cabin overlooks a dark bayou or lake, with old gray cedar-trees draped in moss rising out of the water. An old skiff is tied up on the shore nearby, and a little smoke curls from the fieldstone chimney.

Sitting under the front porch are about 6 dogs who,as they notice the party, charge towards you baying. They stop 10 feet short of the party, but don't stop they barking and growling.

A few seconds later, the cabin's door opens, and tall, for a goblin, figure of indeterminate age steps onto the porch. He has a seamed, leathery look to his face and arms, and a big curved knife sits in a sheath strapped to one thigh. "Don't get many visitors here," he rasps, "Who're you, and what d'ya want with me?"

Shishnarfne
2008-01-31, 04:17 PM
Aramina leaves one hand by her bow while she replies, "If you're Jorr, we'd like to ask you for some help around here. There're some bandits in the area, and we'd like a guide who knows these woods before trying to find them. Could you help us with this?"

Powerfamiliar
2008-02-02, 01:00 PM
Jorr

"Could I help ya?" He stares sadly at his guard dogs. "Bunch 'o raiders got to close to my cabin a few nights ago, bastards killed one of my pups...ye I'll help ya, those bandits deserve whatever is coming to them." He goes back into the cabin, come out with a small backpack and a bow. "Does anyone have any idea where they are? or are relying on me to find 'em?" He takes one of the dogs with him and tosses a big hunk of meet to the rest.

Darkantra
2008-02-04, 12:51 AM
[color="darkorange']Marshek Taruuc[/color="darkorange']

Marshek eyes the dogs with distaste but give Jorr a nod of acceptance as the old man agrees to join them.

[color="darkorange']"They've been attacking along the Dawn Way for a while now, but we don't have an exact location. Are there any convenient places for an armed group to take control of somewhere along the road?"[/color="darkorange']

Powerfamiliar
2008-02-04, 09:47 PM
Jorr

"These clans are not native to the woods, they come form the north, from the mountains. My guess is they are using, and probably holding the old skull gorge bridge. Would surprise me if you found a few in the old Vraath Keep, but we can check that out on the way to the bridge."

Jorr begins walking down the road, followed by his dog.

((Is there anything specific anyone is doing while on the road?, spells, scouting, etc. I will probably post the first encounter tomorrow. ))

Shishnarfne
2008-02-05, 09:38 AM
(I'm usually trying to keep an eye on the surroundings... The owl is less useful for daytime scouting, but is an extra pair of eyes and ears... Oh, and same spell prepared as yesterday, but not cast (Resist Energy))

Powerfamiliar
2008-02-06, 07:05 PM
Day 2

Travel for the first few hours is relatively safe, and you are soon approaching the first river crossing. A wide expanse of dark water has flooded the woodland in this low valley. Trees still protrude from the calm dark waters here and there, but many large reaches seem to be little more than algae-choked water. The thrill of frogs and the whine of insects fills the air. The forest road leads right down to th edge of the flooded section, up to a rickety-looking causeway made of thick planks of wood lashed together with mossy rope. The wooden causeway runs for several hundred feet though the boggy patch, only a foot or so above the water.

Up ahead you can make out the wreckage of a wagon lying on its side and half sunk in the flooded forest, about 30 feet from the causeway.

Jorr
"Someone should probably check that wagon out, there might still be some gold or goods in it."

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/RHD_Hydracopy.jpg

Terrain details (key at the top of the map)

Causeway(the planks) is somewhat sleek and uneven. DC 10 balance to run or charge, failure means the character can't move that round.

Shallow bog Each square costs two squares of movement, tumble DC's increase by 2.

Deeper Bog Each square costs four squares of movement, tumble is impossible.


Same colors as last time. I rolled spots and listen for you, nothing of interest is either seen or heard apart from the half sunken wagon. The wreckage doesn't seem to be to old. Dark blue is Jorr.

Map of the Witchwood

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/witchwood-2.jpg

You are near the red x.

Dorizzit
2008-02-06, 07:07 PM
Kallan says: "Allow me." he mentally commands one of his Zombies to search the wagon and bring back anything metal.

Powerfamiliar
2008-02-06, 08:24 PM
Surprise Round

As the zombie approaches the wagon he seems to stumble, and there appears to be a disturbance in the water. A slimy tentacle appears and grabs a hold of the zombie, trying to crush him. The zombie takes [3] damage from the slam, and an additional [6] from the constriction. ((This counts the DR))

More tentacles then start to appear in the water, about a dozen it seems. Aresnal seems to freeze moments after the creature reveals itself.


Slam +Improved Grab+Constrict was the AoO.
Arsenal is held as if by hold person, you can try a save during every of your turns, DC 16 will.


Creature: ((The light green-ish area is its reach))

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/dark.jpg

Marshek:

You are the only one who seems to have a clue as to what sort of creature this is. It is an aberration native to marshes and bogs. It can paralyze and even charm opponents. As you just saw his tentacles can be dangerous. It is a somewhat slow creature in water, unbearably so on land.


Initiative:
Kallan
Aramina
Marshek
Arsenal
Ursevas
Barendek
Creature

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/RHD_Hydracopy-1.jpg

Terrain details (key at the top of the map)

Causeway(the planks) is somewhat sleek and uneven. DC 10 balance to run or charge, failure means the character can't move that round.

Shallow bog Each square costs two squares of movement, tumble DC's increase by 2.

Deeper Bog Each square costs four squares of movement, tumble is impossible.


Same colors as last time. I rolled spots and listen for you, nothing of interest is either seen or heard apart from the half sunken wagon. The wreckage doesn't seem to be to old. Dark blue is Jorr.

Map of the Witchwood

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/witchwood-2.jpg

You are near the red x.

Dorizzit
2008-02-06, 09:25 PM
Kallan orders his remaining undead backwards (allowing himself and Aramina to move forwards), and then moves up to D11. This done, he casts Summon Swarm on the creature, calling forth a swarm of bats while simultaneously ordering his zombie forwards.


The Zombie charges, attacking the creature:
[roll0]

[roll1]

Swarm Damage:
[roll2]
Also, swarm damage wounds, so the creature takes an additional point of damage each turn (I'll add this onto the swarm damage).

Darkantra
2008-02-06, 09:48 PM
Marshek Taruuc

Marshek swears and draws his greatsword. Noticing Arsenal go stiff makes him curse again as his begins making an arcane gesture.

"The creature can charm or paralyze any of us, but it'll be slower now that it's on land. Don't let Arsenal get taken by it!"

His spell completes and a sizzling line of dark energy strikes towards the beast's central mass.

Casting Ray of Enfeeblement at the creature for...
[roll0]

GimliFett
2008-02-07, 09:42 AM
Arsenal

The warforged mentally strains against the paralyzing effect. After a brief moment Arsenal's head swivels in the direction of the creature. "That will not be necessary, Marshek. I have reacquired motor control and function at full capacity once more," Arsenal booms as he takes a defensive stance with his trident. "How is the creature classified?" he asks.

Will save: [roll0]
I'll edit post if successful.
Total defense.

Shishnarfne
2008-02-07, 10:11 AM
Aramina takes a 5ft step to A11, draws her bow, and unleashes an arrow into the beast:

To hit (including Point Blank Shot, ignoring cover):(+11)[roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Darkantra
2008-02-07, 09:37 PM
Marshek Taruuc

Marshek nods in gratification that Arsenal managed to shake off the paralysis.

"It's classified as an abberation, not a creature of this world but an unnatural hybrid."

Powerfamiliar
2008-02-08, 03:07 PM
Surprise Round


Kallan: Your mindless pawn charges the tentacled monstrosity, it doesn't succeed in harming the creature. ((The swarm appears at the beginning of your next turn, it has a 1 round casting time.))

Aramina: Your arrow finds its way through all the tentacle, and strikes the creature's center.

Marshek: Your ray hits the creature, visibly weakening and annoying it. ((You forgot to roll to hit, rolled it for you.))

Ursevas: ((NPCed)) Ursevas casts a defensive spell. Suddenly there are many copies of the wizard. ((Mirror Image))

Barendek: (NPCed)) Casts a spell and readies himself against the incoming creature. ((Shield of Faith))

Jorr: "Oh my." He moves north a bit and draws his bow.

Creature: The alien beast moves towards the party and begins swinging its tentacles against all in range. The already grapple zombie takes [7] damage. He swings 3 tentacles at the newly arrived zombie, who manages to avoid none. he takes [1] damage. ((Curse a lower strength and DR!!)) It swings 3 at Barendek and likewise for Marshek. 2 hit Marshek for a total of [7] damage, Barendek takes a total of [8].


Initiative:
Kallan
Aramina
Marshek
Arsenal
Ursevas
Barendek
Creature

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/RHD_Hydracopy-2.jpg

Terrain details (key at the top of the map)

Causeway(the planks) is somewhat sleek and uneven. DC 10 balance to run or charge, failure means the character can't move that round.

Shallow bog Each square costs two squares of movement, tumble DC's increase by 2.

Deeper Bog Each square costs four squares of movement, tumble is impossible.


Same colors as last time. I rolled spots and listen for you, nothing of interest is either seen or heard apart from the half sunken wagon. The wreckage doesn't seem to be to old. Dark blue is Jorr.

Map of the Witchwood

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/witchwood-2.jpg

You are near the red x.

Shishnarfne
2008-02-08, 03:16 PM
Aramina (I'll jump order, as I don't see it changing my action):

Rapid shot into the beast:

[roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
[roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

GimliFett
2008-02-08, 04:35 PM
Arsenal

The warforged concentrates a moment, infusing a bane against aberrations into his trident. "Thank you, Marshek. I am better prepared to damage the creature now," Arsenal booms as he readies himself either to receive an attack from the beast or to attack the beast himself.

Rapid Infusion: personal weapon augmentation, bane vs aberrations (+2 hit, +2d6 damage).

Darkantra
2008-02-08, 11:40 PM
Marshek Taruuc

Grunting from the creature's slams Marshek steps quickly towards the main mass of the creature.

"Aim for the main mass, and no one get into melee if they can help it!"

Marshek moves off of the bridge to F9 and attacks the creature with a channeled Shocking Grasp.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
FAIL