PDA

View Full Version : Ironforge Soulmaster

Fixer
2007-12-20, 08:01 AM
Ok, I have been on an Incarnum kick for a bit and I want to hear what others think about a dilemma I am having.

I am designing a dwarf rogue and pondering her entrance into the Ironsoul Forgemaster prestige class. The thing is, the class bumps up Meldshaping ability and while she can shape two soulmelds and has a few points of essentia she has never actually taken a class in any meldshaping class.

So, this would be like if a character was able to cast spells without a spellcaster class and a prestige class improved their levels in a spellcasting class. How would you fix this?

Dark Tira
2007-12-20, 08:19 AM
Honestly, I would suggest you take a level of a meldshaping class so you would get the full benefit of the class. Otherwise, unless you can negotiate an alternative with your DM, you can take the class but the bonus meldshaper levels are wasted.

Fixer
2007-12-20, 08:39 AM
Yeah, I was afraid of that. Probably take a level or two as a totemist.

A google search for "Ironforge Soulmaster" came up with nothing. People just really didn't like Incarnum, huh?

Fax Celestis
2007-12-20, 12:25 PM
A lot of people just don't have the book, and it's not really supported anywhere.

Really, I would agree: take a level of Incarnate before going into it.

Hallavast
2007-12-20, 12:36 PM
Yeah, I was afraid of that. Probably take a level or two as a totemist.

A google search for "Ironforge Soulmaster" came up with nothing. People just really didn't like Incarnum, huh?

The problem with incarnum and any other splatbook that provides a new source of power is: "how can a DM fit it into an already developed campaign setting" without having a few continuity errors?"

Other than that, the DM just has to do too much work to integrate it into their campaign just so one or two PCs can use it. Good book, but too much hassle.

Attilargh
2007-12-20, 01:07 PM
The class is "Ironsoul Forgemaster", a search on which does bring up a number of results that might be related. It seems you've had an overdose of the World of Warcraft. :smallwink:

Fixer
2007-12-20, 03:21 PM
The class is "Ironsoul Forgemaster", a search on which does bring up a number of results that might be related. It seems you've had an overdose of the World of Warcraft. :smallwink:
Actually, I don't play WoW. I work for a living and I like my free time. ;)