PDA

View Full Version : Arena Tournament, Round 25: Morbius and Kami vs. Drateh and Kepesjhank



ArenaManager
2007-12-20, 02:10 PM
Arena Tournament, Round 25: Morbius and Kami vs. Drathe and Kepesjhank

Map:
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee221/Kyace/glasshouse.png


XP Award: 300 XP
GP Award: 300 GP

All Combatants, please roll initiative.

Morbius
2007-12-20, 09:45 PM
I am still going to update my sheet and as for buying the most important thing I am going to buy is a MW sword

[roll0]

Nu
2007-12-21, 01:47 AM
I still need to update my sheet as well, but I acknowledge this match.

[roll0]

Slash_712
2007-12-21, 11:08 AM
I guess this is Drathe so here I go....
[roll0]

Corsair420
2007-12-21, 11:53 AM
I like how no one said the rounds were updated

Init:[roll0]


Woohoo clerical speed again

Morbius
2007-12-21, 01:43 PM
It seems that the order is:

Kami - Nu
Drathe - Slash_712
Morbius - Morbius
Kepesjhank - Corsair420

Nu
2007-12-21, 09:31 PM
Start at B-13 with scythe in hand. Kami double moves and attempts to Hide.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Stats:
Position: H-12
HP: 13/13
AC: 16, 12 Touch, 14 Flat-footed
Attack: +5 Masterwork Scythe (2d6+4 damage, 4x critical)
Items: Potion of Shield of Faith +2 (stored)
Effects: +1 Dodge vs. Drathe if I can designate him as a target, otherwise none

*Edit: Forgot I could only move at half-speed while hiding, so my position is changed.

Morbius
2007-12-21, 09:46 PM
Put the place that you end your move in spoilers as you are trying to hide and pay attention, you need just one panel to hide behind, it don't have to be two, the problem last match was that he was trying to hide after he left the panels (trying to hide right in front of us)

EDIT: Done buying but may buy something in answer to what you guys buy.


I will also leave my stats here


Morbius Stats (for refs)

Location:
HP: 11/11
Speed: 30 ft.
AC: 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15
Saves: Fortitude +4, Reflex +4, Will +1
Attacks: +6 MW Longsword (1D8+3)
Held: , 2xscrolls of true strike
Effects:
Spells: 3x level-0, 3x level-1
Reactive rolls:

Slash_712
2007-12-23, 05:59 PM
Drathe will move from B13 to F13 and hold his bow in hand.

For Refs-

I will ready an action to attack the first enemy to come into my LoS and LoE.

Morbius
2007-12-23, 06:02 PM
You can't start on B 13, Kami just started on B13:smallannoyed:


On another thought, you can start a B13... as long as the other guy starts at the other side:smallbiggrin:

Slash_712
2007-12-26, 11:35 AM
Okay switch that, Y13 to U13.

For Refs-
Same readied action

Morbius
2007-12-28, 08:07 AM
Morbius 3rd to act - Round 1


Morbius starts at B 14 moves as he attempts to hide
[roll0]
if your spot beats his hide you see him at

K8

refs

swift action to activate air devotion

[roll1]
[roll2]



Morbius Stats (for refs)

Location: K8
HP: 11/11
Speed: 30 ft.
AC: 19, Touch 14, Flat-footed 16
Saves: Fortitude +4, Reflex +4, Will +1
Attacks: +6 MW Longsword (1D8+3)
Held: , 2xscrolls of true strike
Effects:
Spells: 3x level-0, 3x level-1

Corsair420
2007-12-28, 11:13 AM
Y14 to Z20

For ref and slash
ready action to cast ,magic missile upon LoE

Next, Also i thought you cant hide since its glass that you can see through, we would always have LoS just not LoE

Morbius
2007-12-29, 08:10 AM
Sorry dude, read the map description, one glass panel is enought to grant concealment, concelament allows one to hide, unless stated otherwise (like the child of shadow stance from ToB). The OTHER older glass arena is the one that uses the rules you are talking about.

Now it's Kami's turn right?

Corsair420
2007-12-29, 10:39 AM
aye its back to the top

Nu
2007-12-29, 05:15 PM
Double move and hide.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

If you can beat the Hide, position is: M-10.

Stats
Position: M-10
HP: 13/13
AC: 16, 12 Touch, 14 Flat-footed
Attack: +5 Masterwork Scythe (2d6+4 damage, 4x critical)
Items: Potion of Shield of Faith +2 (stored)
Effects: +1 Dodge vs. Drathe if I can designate him as a target, otherwise none

Slash_712
2007-12-29, 10:31 PM
Drathe will move to U7.

For Refs-
Same readied action.

Morbius
2007-12-29, 11:14 PM
Morbius 3rd to act - Round 1


Morbius whispers to Kami
Follow me as quickly as you can, let's take the archer 1st, let's press him against the corner, you surround him by his left side

Morbius uses a swift action to cast swift expenditious retreat and moves to U6, I think I forgot to say that Morbius starts with his longsword in hands, so let's say that he draws it as he moves and finally attacks Drathe.

[roll0]
[roll1]



Morbius Stats (for refs)

Location: U6
HP: 11/11
Speed: 30 ft.
AC: 19, Touch 14, Flat-footed 16
Saves: Fortitude +4, Reflex +4, Will +1
Attacks: +6 MW Longsword (1D8+3)
Held: , 2xscrolls of true strike
Effects: air devotion 9/10
Spells: 3x level-0, 2x level-1

Corsair420
2007-12-30, 11:23 AM
Z20 to Z26 and maintain same readided action

For refs
Magic missile on LoE

Nu
2007-12-31, 04:32 AM
Kami grins in anticipation and double-moves to flank his foe, occupying space U-8.

Stats:
Position: U-8
HP: 13/13
AC: 16, 12 Touch, 14 Flat-footed (+1 Dodge vs. Drathe)
Attack: +5 Masterwork Scythe (2d6+4 damage, 4x critical)
Items: Potion of Shield of Faith +2 (stored)
Effects: +1 Dodge vs. Drathe

Morbius
2007-12-31, 05:37 AM
"That is not where I asked you to go"
(no longer whispering)

Slash_712
2008-01-03, 10:25 AM
Drathe will take a 5-foot step to U9 and then shoot Kami.
[roll0]
[roll1] +2 if your Human

Ooh look, two four's in one round.

stimpius
2008-01-04, 12:47 PM
Initiate Ref Stimp

Okay not sure if i can do this. But we need a re-wind. If i can't then i'll just put it on hold till a higher ref can look at it.

Anyway Morbius in the second round you moved to U6, or you were going to.

But Slash had a readied action which state, attack the first person who comes into my LoS and LoE.

This is you moving into his LoE, so i do believe his readied action goes off as you move into L7.

Morbius
2008-01-04, 12:59 PM
1. :smalleek: gahh I wanted to move to U8 and somehow said U6, thanks for saving my strategy Kami ><"

2. If Drathe is at U7 he can't take a 5 foot step to U9, specially since Kami is on the way.

3. After he resolve Drathes readied action (if Morbius is still alive) Drathe will take would have provoked 2 AoOs with his actions, if he really moved just 5 feet then he is in our threatened area when he shoots, if he moved more than 5 feet and shot us he also provokes AoOs for moving too much:smallbiggrin: (that is assuming Morbius is still alive and we won't have to redo all this)

4. Roll a 50 miss chance on your AoO against Morbius (remember to put hits on a 1-50 or hits on 51-100 after the roll for miss chance)

And please, please don't edit the post where you roll for concealment, that has caused me problems before).

PS: Curious about why Morbius has concealment? Two words, air devotion:smallbiggrin:

stimpius
2008-01-04, 01:05 PM
Initiate Ref Stimpius

His readied action would've gone off - on the round where you moved and drew your weapon to attack him from what i read. After he's resolved that we're back in round 2 with the rest of your move and standard action to go. Unless of course im reading it horribly wrong :\

But yes there is still a miss chance on his readied action.

So you two aren't stood next to him from what i gather :)

Slash_712
2008-01-04, 02:29 PM
OK still trying to figure out what the heck just happened, but here is my attack for my action.

[roll0]
[roll1] +2 if your Human

Corsair420
2008-01-04, 04:33 PM
I'm so confused as to whats happening in this match can anyone clear it up a bit?

Morbius
2008-01-04, 10:19 PM
Resume of what just happened in the glass house:

Drathe moves to U7.

Morbius moves to U6. This triggers Drathe readied action to shoot him.(more on this later).

Morbius then attacks Drathe and miss.

Kami moves to U8.

Drathe somehow takes a 5 foot step to U9 shots at Kami. This move was not valid, but anyway that he word it it would provoke an AoO from MOrbius and Kami before his shoot.




PS: Drathe still needs to roll a 50% miss chance for his attack against Morbius (as I have a feat that protects me from ranged attacks)

Corsair420
2008-01-05, 03:07 AM
since i'm so confused and not near the fight tell me when tis my turn

Nu
2008-01-05, 03:32 AM
Yeah, I was a bit confused as to why you wanted me to move in from the left when I could flank him by moving where I did.

But, ah, I'm not really sure where we are now. I guess we're waiting for the miss chance roll, then we resolve the attack and the rest of the actions.

Slash_712
2008-01-05, 09:52 AM
I took the five-foot step to U9 obviously because I thought I was in U8 before. Also is it 51 and over that hits, or low?

[roll0]

stimpius
2008-01-05, 11:32 AM
Initiate Ref Stimpius

Its up to you slash.

But after looking at that roll you must declare what hits BEFORE you make the roll command. So dont edit it in basically. Then we have the rest of Morbius's turn and the match continues.

Slash_712
2008-01-06, 11:10 AM
OK then I will try again. Hows abouts low (1-50) correct? or (1-49)?

[roll0]

Morbius
2008-01-06, 03:34 PM
I suppse you means hits on a low? So that was a miss right?

Slash_712
2008-01-07, 04:00 PM
That would be a miss, yes.

Morbius
2008-01-07, 08:23 PM
Ok, now I am not sure about what do we do about that last turn of your's slash, you are at U9 and just took two AoOs or should you get to redo your actions? I will ask ine of the refs to check this

Slash_712
2008-01-08, 10:28 AM
Yeah I am a little confused myself. Hopefully one ref will get in here quick-like.

Kyeudo
2008-01-12, 12:17 AM
GM Kyeudo

What's the hold up here? I can't figure out what the problem is currently.

Nu
2008-01-12, 12:24 AM
I do not know. All I do know is, whether we're to repeat all of our past actions or redo them, it's not my turn either way :P

I think the confusion lies in the fact that the triggered action set us back several actions, and now that it's been resolved do we merely carry out the actions we originally intended (as the triggered action changed nothing), or do we have to redo everything (including rerolls).

At least, that's what I think is going on. The others might have other concerns however.

Morbius
2008-01-12, 06:13 AM
The only thing that is holding up is Drateh's action. he used a "10 feet step" that moved by Kami's square.

He said he was taking a 5 foot step but moved more than that, so I wonder if he should be able to redo his action or if I an Kami can simply roll for the AoOs that his 10 feet move caused.



BTW he had the move to go around Kami and arrive in the square he wrote anyway but that still would provoke the AoOs.

Kyeudo
2008-01-12, 12:25 PM
GM Kyeudo

If that's the case, having him take the AoOs and getting this match back on track seems the best method.

Morbius
2008-01-12, 01:11 PM
ok Morbius AoO

1d20+6]
1d8+3]

Kami also gets an AoO then it's Morbius turn I believe

Morbius
2008-01-12, 01:12 PM
stupid forum roller

[roll0]
[roll1]

Nu
2008-01-12, 06:35 PM
Kami slices at Drathe upon seeing an opportunity in his movement.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Slash_712
2008-01-12, 07:25 PM
Dang Nu, why can't you roll like Morbius?

Morbius
2008-01-12, 09:44 PM
I believe Drateh is down right? As you don't have a cleric to help you Morbius will go for Kepesjhank now.
And wow Kami is really saving my boop in this match

Morbius 3rd to act - Round 3


Morbius whispers to Kami
Let's get closer to him break the glass and surprise him


And double moves from U6 to U18


Kepesjhank is up.

Morbius Stats (for refs)

Location: U18
HP: 11/11
Speed: 30 ft.
AC: 19, Touch 14, Flat-footed 16
Saves: Fortitude +4, Reflex +4, Will +1
Attacks: +6 MW Longsword (1D8+3)
Held: , 2xscrolls of true strike
Effects: air devotion 8/10
Spells: 3x level-0, 2x level-1

Corsair420
2008-01-13, 12:05 PM
Stay in same spot with readied action

for ref
Cast lesser orb or lightning upon LoE

next

Morbius
2008-01-13, 02:01 PM
Kami is up

Nu
2008-01-17, 12:09 AM
OOC:
Hmmm, daymn, sorry, I missed the last couple of posts. Thought it was still his turn. My bad.

Kami double moves to U17.

Morbius
2008-01-18, 06:48 AM
Morbius 3rd to act - Round 4

Morbius whispers to Kami
You go 1st, get as close as possible to him


Moves to U20 and attacks the glass under T20 holding his sword with both hands
[roll0]

(will only miss on a 1, and won't bother to roll damage as the minimum damage would break the glass if it hits)


Kepesjhank is up.

Morbius Stats (for refs)

Location: U18
HP: 11/11
Speed: 30 ft.
AC: 19, Touch 14, Flat-footed 16 (-1 from not using shield not added)
Saves: Fortitude +4, Reflex +4, Will +1
Attacks: +6 MW Longsword (1D8+3)
Held: , 2x scrolls of true strike
Effects: air devotion 8/10
Spells: 3x level-0, 2x level-1

Kyeudo
2008-01-20, 02:42 PM
GM Kyeudo

Due to time, Morbius and Kami are declared the winners!

Corsair420
2008-01-21, 11:26 AM
seriously? i haven't even been able to get on the site for 2 days and i thought it was 3 days not 2 days of inactivity