PDA

View Full Version : Once More You Dogs, Into The Breach! (NPC Class)

BRC
2007-12-21, 06:22 PM
The Officer (NPC Class)
Hit Die
D6
Skill points at 1st level
(3+int modifier)x4
Skill points at each additional level
3+int modifier
Class Skills
The Officer’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Diplomacy (Cha),Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Ride (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis) Spot (Wis) and Swim (Str)
{table=head]Level|BaseAttack Bonus|FortSave|Ref Save|WillSave|Special

1st| +0| +2| +0| +2| inspire courage +1|
2nd| +1| +3| +0| +3| |
3rd| +2| +3| +1| +3| Inspire competence|
4th| +3| +4| +1| +4| |
5th| +3| +4| +1| +4| |
6th| +4| +5| +2| +5| |
7th| +5| +5| +2| +5| |
8th| +6/+1| +6| +2| +6| Inspire courage +2|
9th| +6/+1| +6| +3| +6| Inspire greatness|
10th| +7/+2| +7| +3| +7| |
11th| +8/+3| +7| +3| +7| |
12th| +9/+4| +8| +4| +8| |
13th| +9/+4| +8| +4| +8| |
14th| +10/+5| +9| +4| +9| Inspire courage +3|
15th| +11/+6/+1| +9| +5| +9| Inspire heroics|
16th| +12/+7/+2| +10| +5| +10| |
17th| +12/+7/+2| +10| +5| +10| |
18th| +13/+8/+3| +11| +6| +11| |
19th| +14/+9/+4| +11| +6| +11| |
20th| +15/+10/+5| +12| +6| +12| Inspire courage +4| [/table]
Features:
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: An Officer is Proficient in all simple and martial weapons and with all armor and shields.
Inspire Courage: This ability, along with all other Officer special abilities function exactly like the Bard abilities of the same names with a few changes. Instead of using Perform the Officer uses Intimidate or Diplomacy, In addition the Officer can only inspire characters with a character level less than or equal to the Officer’s class level plus her charisma bonus. These abilities do not stack with any other inspiration abilities from Bards or other Officers.

Any Comments/Questions?

reorith
2007-12-21, 07:01 PM
is inspire heroics the same as the bard class feature? cuz that would be nifty.
edit:oh man how did i miss that.

BRC
2007-12-21, 07:08 PM
is inspire heroics the same as the bard class feature? cuz that would be nifty.
As I specified, all the features are identical to the bard class features except that they use diplomacy or intimdate instead of Perform and it only works on characters whose character level is equal to or less than the Officer's class level plus her charisma bonus.

BRC
2007-12-21, 11:04 PM
I assume from the lack of comments that nobody thinks it's unbalanced?

Zenos
2007-12-22, 03:38 AM
I assume from the lack of comments that nobody thinks it's unbalanced?

Doesn't seem so. It's practicaly a bard who can walk around in full plate and doesn't have any bardic knowledge or anything. Could work out fine if your guys have an army udner their disposal/as allies.

Xefas
2007-12-22, 04:35 AM
Doesn't seem so. It's practicaly a bard who can walk around in full plate and doesn't have any bardic knowledge or anything. Could work out fine if your guys have an army udner their disposal/as allies.

It isn't much close to the Bard at all. It has half the skill points, and a worse selection of class skills (no Use Magic Device, Bluff, or Tumble, to name a few). Though, the biggest difference is obviously that it has no arcane magic.

That said, it would still be the best NPC class in almost any combat situation, save for those when you're completely alone and the other side has melee combatants. (Even alone and against casters, it's better than the others because of the extra save.)

BRC
2007-12-22, 10:26 AM
It isn't much close to the Bard at all. It has half the skill points, and a worse selection of class skills (no Use Magic Device, Bluff, or Tumble, to name a few). Though, the biggest difference is obviously that it has no arcane magic.

That said, it would still be the best NPC class in almost any combat situation, save for those when you're completely alone and the other side has melee combatants. (Even alone and against casters, it's better than the others because of the extra save.)
Hmm, How abouts I lower all the saves to be more on-par with the warriors save and maybe reduce the proficiency to medium armor instead of all.

Zenos
2007-12-22, 10:34 AM

I was trying to say it hasn't got any of the fun stuff the bard has, like arcane magic, a good supply of skill points and fascinate and such...

Learnedguy
2007-12-22, 01:33 PM
I'd lower his BAB and fortitude save. But otherwise, pretty nifty:smallwink: