PDA

View Full Version : Bushfire!

DarkLightDragon
2007-12-22, 04:42 AM
So, there's a bushfire uncomfortably close to my area. Thick smoke is everywhere, there have been helicopters flying all over the place since the small hours of this morning and there are State Emergency Service cars blocking some of the roads.

My parents say it's very unlikely that the fire will get close enough for us to need to evacuate, but I'm still scared. I'll be praying for me, my family and the other people in the area! Especially the idiots who are standing outside and watching like it's a picnic! IN FREAKIN' SMOKE! :smalleek:

Gitman00
2007-12-22, 05:18 AM
Have some prayers from the middle east, too! Although, I admit I'd probably be one of the ones standing outside and watching it. :smallamused:

Nebo_
2007-12-22, 05:24 AM
What part of Australia are you in? I haven't seen anything on the news about any bushfires... although that could be because I don't watch TV.

Ink
2007-12-22, 06:10 AM
Take care of yourself, DLD. I'll do my best rain dance for you and everyone there. Hopefully they'll be able to bring it under control soon. Stay safe.

DarkLightDragon
2007-12-22, 10:09 AM
Thanks everyone! :smallsmile:

I can't hear the copters anymore. Although I have a blocked ear and there's really freakin' loud music nearby, I'll take it as a good sign.

EDIT:
What part of Australia are you in? I haven't seen anything on the news about any bushfires... although that could be because I don't watch TV. I'm in WA.

Dispozition
2007-12-23, 06:05 AM
Only WA could get bushfires this soon after so much rain...Although Melbourne might manage it over the next few days...

Well...Hope you don't die or anything.

DarkLightDragon
2007-12-23, 06:30 AM
So do I...

The big fire from yesterday has been put out, but there's still smouldering going on which could turn into another fire. In fact, it did this morning, but that got put out, too. I'm not sure how long it took, though, as I was out of the city for most of today. I don't like long trips in cars, especially when you go there and back in one day. I get carsick. :smallyuk:

The Bushranger
2007-12-23, 09:46 AM
Glad to hear you're alright, DLD.

Ceska
2007-12-23, 09:54 AM
I don't pray, but you have my hopes. Good to hear you're well.