PDA

View Full Version : Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread - Third Incarnation

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Lyinginbedmon
2008-01-05, 04:04 PM
Ok, this is the problem with flash forwards, we have no idea what happened inbetween. So can we just say that "a wizard did it" so that Commie can actually be at Tajira?

Yeril
2008-01-05, 04:06 PM
Aslong as its okay with Commie

Almighty Salmon
2008-01-05, 05:10 PM
Have we got an archive for "The Sorceror Dude Strikes Back"? If not, I really suggest somebody make one. And if we do, Squark should add it to the first post.

Nameless
2008-01-05, 05:27 PM
IT'S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME! PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!

*BITCHSLAPS* NO!

This is the part where we forget Leroy, you run away and I run after you despite the fact that we are on two seporate teams...

@BedMon: DUN DUN DUNNN...!!!
I really like your art work, it started off great and now it's brilliant, one of the most unique Oots styles on the forum I think along with some others, and although I'm not sure what just happened, GREAT COMIC! :smallbiggrin:

Lyinginbedmon
2008-01-05, 05:36 PM
Well, what just happened is that the Citadel just touched down in the capital of Tajira, where "Lazarus" saw the ads showing Ins. Consequently, he's unbelievably ticked that Ins has turned his face into a public image without his consent, knowledge, or desire.

Mostly, he wants to kill him for stealing his corpse and using his stuff (Aka: The disguise he was using previously, as seen in Remember to be from Arcanian times, where it was worn by the same person that betrayed his entire country)

Emperor Ing
2008-01-05, 05:41 PM
I am alone, yet, I have assistance. >:)

Nameless
2008-01-05, 05:41 PM
Well, what just happened is that the Citadel just touched down in the capital of Tajira, where "Lazarus" saw the ads showing Ins. Consequently, he's unbelievably ticked that Ins has turned his face into a public image without his consent, knowledge, or desire.

Mostly, he wants to kill him for stealing his corpse and using his stuff (Aka: The disguise he was using previously, as seen in Remember to be from Arcanian times, where it was worn by the same person that betrayed his entire country)

Tick tock tick tock tick tock... Ooowwwww... :smallconfused:

What I mean is, how is Arcania did I get there? :smallconfused:

BRC
2008-01-05, 05:51 PM
Well BRC is an elemental, which means that lying should be able to summon him. (Proably with Summon Propoganda Elemental V: Sor/Wiz 5, Propoganda 4. Conjuration/propoganda)

Shades of Gray
2008-01-05, 05:54 PM
Gray, you never answered to where in Israel did you go.

Pretty much everywhere, I was there for 2 weeks.

Tel Aviv, Eilat, Jerusalem, Golon Heights, and many more!

Lyinginbedmon
2008-01-05, 05:55 PM
Tick tock tick tock tick tock... Ooowwwww... :smallconfused:

What I mean is, how is Arcania did I get there? :smallconfused:

There was a 2 week flash-forward with Yeril's latest comic, so I took the gauntlet of introducing the requisite side quest. Since you were in Salmonville with everyone at the time, there was no reason you shouldn't have been there.

Nameless
2008-01-05, 05:58 PM
@Bedmon: Oh Right I forgot about the flash-forward thingy.

@Shades: I don't suppose you visited Zichron Ya'cov? :smallbiggrin:

Shades of Gray
2008-01-05, 06:00 PM
@Shades: I don't suppose you visited Zichron Ya'cov? :smallbiggrin:

Most of the places I don't know that names. If you tell me what Zichron Ya'cov is I might be able to answer. Although, since it has a :smallbiggrin: , I assume it's not a real place.

Nameless
2008-01-05, 06:02 PM
Most of the places I don't know that names. If you tell me what Zichron Ya'cov is I might be able to answer. Although, since it has a :smallbiggrin: , I assume it's not a real place.

Actually it is, That's the town I used to live in, it's about half an hour away from Hifa on a mountain type thing.

Shades of Gray
2008-01-05, 06:10 PM
Actually it is, That's the town I used to live in, it's about half an hour away from Hifa on a mountain type thing.

Maybe. Sounds familiar. Isn't it spelled HaIfa? I know I was there.

Also don't speak so loudly about being in Israel. Borat will come and attack you.

Yeril
2008-01-05, 06:34 PM
I am alone, yet, I have assistance. >:)

*is tempted to draw you and the lizardman being taken away by an unending swarm of kobolds*

Shades of Gray
2008-01-05, 06:38 PM
AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH! I was thinking of making a Yeril Template. However, I can't make his head look right. How do you do it?

Lyinginbedmon
2008-01-05, 06:49 PM
According to Trazoi, it helps to have a reference image on a layer beneath your drawing, I don't think it'd be too difficult to find a Kobold in the OotS archives

Yeril
2008-01-05, 06:49 PM
AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH! I was thinking of making a Yeril Template. However, I can't make his head look right. How do you do it?

Hope this helps.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/Yerileikre/Yerilshead.png

Eita
2008-01-05, 06:55 PM
Curse you Yeril! *shakes fist*

Although, you get twenty points for the Futurama reference.

Shades of Gray
2008-01-05, 07:34 PM
Yeril, is that a guide for paint or InkScape? I use Inkscape.

Yeril
2008-01-05, 07:38 PM
Me too, I was just showing you a way how to get the right shape, you can do the same realy in inkscape, draw a circle, and a sqaure, and then use that to get the overall shape.

Here are my nodes and node handles if you it helps..

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/Yerileikre/YerilHeadShape.png

Lyinginbedmon
2008-01-05, 07:52 PM
The simplest way to change his expression from there is to lower or raise the median point in the mouth (At the jaw). For example, the above Yeril pic is a happy kobold, whereas the first one is sadder

Shades of Gray
2008-01-05, 08:08 PM
Thanks. Here are the templates I have so far. I don't do arms cause I draw them when I need them. Yeril and the red guy have arms just 'cause.

Yeril and Redguy have the most detail because they are most recent.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/ABRtemplates-1.png

Yeril; with his mouth closed? HERESY!

Next up on the list: BRC, Nameless, LyingInBedmon.

Bayar
2008-01-06, 05:00 AM
nice, but Leroy should be fatter...and rounder...

Nameless
2008-01-06, 05:06 AM
@Jason: Awesome comic. :smallsmile:

@Shades: Yes... yes he will...

@Yeril: I hate drawing you, it always looks like you're talking even if you're not in my comics. And it's not christmas anymore, you can change your avatar. :smalltongue:

Yeril
2008-01-06, 06:55 AM
@Yeril: I hate drawing you, it always looks like you're talking even if you're not in my comics. And it's not christmas anymore, you can change your avatar. :smalltongue:

Everyone does. and I know its not Christmas but I like it so Im gonner keep it for abit longer :smallamused: .

Nameless
2008-01-06, 07:13 AM
Hello everyone, yes if you could pay attention for just a seconed... yes *cough*

I would just like to introduce everyone... to Rodger!

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/tomshaer/Namelessavatar.jpg

Lavidor
2008-01-06, 07:30 AM
I leave Tajira and then we start a plot there! Darn it.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-01-06, 07:31 AM
Hello everyone, yes if you could pay attention for just a seconed... yes *cough*

I would just like to introduce everyone... to Rodger!

Hmmm ... haven't we seen him somewhere before? :smallwink:

Almighty Salmon
2008-01-06, 07:39 AM

You just made Leroy cry. I hope you're happy. :smallfrown:

Illiterate Scribe
2008-01-06, 07:42 AM
Bwahahahahaha! Mwahahahaha! Ahahahaha! *cough* *gas[*

I lol'd. :smallbiggrin:

JasonDoomsblade
2008-01-06, 07:42 AM
Well that was an eventful 2 weeks.

P.S. I love cheat but no one else I know knows how to play it :smallfrown: .

I didnt know what the four of us would be doing for 2 weeks. So when Nameless made the "You guys wanna play cards?" I wanted to add on to that.

Funny story. When ever my sister plays cheat, she calls every hand.:smalltongue:

Yeril
2008-01-06, 07:47 AM
I didnt know what the four of us would be doing for 2 weeks. So when Nameless made the "You guys wanna play cards?" I wanted to add on to that.

Funny story. When ever my sister plays cheat, she calls every hand.:smalltongue:

My favriote tactic is to say Im putting down "4 queen's" or somthing, but actualy put like 7 cards down. Hardly anyone ever notices :smallbiggrin:

Nameless
2008-01-06, 08:46 AM
Hmmm ... haven't we seen him somewhere before? :smallwink:

Rodger's on to you... :smallmad:

Nameless
2008-01-06, 09:19 AM
That's pretty darn good undertaker... especially for a first try... :smalleek:

Bayar
2008-01-06, 10:01 AM
I am tempted to introduce a new character in Tajira...although it looks more like China than Japan...

Also, does anyone know why I often type kile instead of like? I manage to correct this afterwards, but it is flippin' annoying...

Shades of Gray
2008-01-06, 10:04 AM
Rodger's on to you... :smallmad:

Mitd is yellow eyed.

Ted is red eyed. He was in a few ABR comics. Mad mask summoned him.

That's when I invented the "My phone is in my... ummm... freezer..." excuse

kpenguin
2008-01-06, 10:06 AM
There was a 2 week flash-forward with Yeril's latest comic, so I took the gauntlet of introducing the requisite side quest. Since you were in Salmonville with everyone at the time, there was no reason you shouldn't have been there.

So, BRC made it all the way to Salmonville from Blauport?

Ichneumon
2008-01-06, 10:08 AM
I have no idea who that lich is, but I like it.

Shades of Gray
2008-01-06, 10:09 AM

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/g2392.png

Like this?

Almighty Salmon
2008-01-06, 10:10 AM
I have no idea who that lich is, but I like it.

Your worst nightmare! :smallamused:

Also, that looks better Shades.

Bayar
2008-01-06, 10:16 AM
yeah, much better :smallbiggrin:

A question: has there ever been a druid in ABR history?

Shades of Gray
2008-01-06, 10:28 AM
yes one random battler. He had pretty bad art. Apologies if that person is now a current ABRer and I didn't realize.

Also that was when we had MS paint standards. When Salmon and KP were in paint.

Nameless
2008-01-06, 10:32 AM
Shades, You have pleased Rodger.

Keris
2008-01-06, 10:35 AM
As no-one answered me earlier, I will repeat my question.
I will be making OotS style artwork again tomorrow, and hope to start my first canon ABR comic. Which storyline should I join?
From what I can see, in SDSB, most of the characters are on a Bone Train, while in FFF they've just reached a city ruled by a Lyinginbedmon clone.

Bayar
2008-01-06, 10:37 AM
think SDSB, since it has more new artists in...

Keris
2008-01-06, 10:45 AM
I'll join them then, the storyline seems less confusing. I've already got my entrance planned out...

Ichneumon
2008-01-06, 12:23 PM
Alright, what am I doing wrong?

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/7094/lichwn2.png

Lyinginbedmon
2008-01-06, 12:37 PM
There are black spaces that the red eyes rest in, and the teeth generally are connected, even if it's just with black.

Ichneumon
2008-01-06, 12:43 PM
I've drawn some of the characters in a style that looks a lot like that of Szilard. I like it and will use it for the next few comics.:smallamused:

Squark
2008-01-06, 12:59 PM
NOTICE: This comic is not suggesting romantic intrigue between Astral 32 and Ichneumon. This is partly because both of us are male (I think), and this would be, well, see the comic title. Also, the armor color change should be considered never to have happened, and that it was always gold and black.

Also, We need another plot to stop SDSB from being overwhelmed in new people.

Ichneumon
2008-01-06, 01:10 PM
So I was saved.

Now, I too think that we have somewhat reached the limit of the number of players and I think someone should start a third plot before this plot, just like FFF, is getting crowded.

Bayar
2008-01-06, 01:24 PM
oh man, SDSB is starting to lok like FFF in the begining, with a lot of updates...but will refrain to join it...

And I think that the guys that are heading towards Fort Longcat are somewhat part of a third story line...

Edit: does someone happen to know where I can find some OOTs style avatars of anime characters ? need some practise with this...

NOTICE: This comic is not suggesting romantic intrigue between Astral 32 and Ichneumon. This is partly because both of us are male (I think)

dont worry about it, Ich is a female...umm...ok, feel free to worry, seingas she already has a guinfriend....

Ichneumon
2008-01-06, 02:32 PM
dont worry about it, Ich is a female...umm...ok, feel free to worry, seingas she already has a guinfriend....

What? Sorry that second part of that sentence is just weird and I have no idea what you mean.:smallconfused:

Yeril
2008-01-06, 02:35 PM
What? Sorry that second part of that sentence is just weird and I have no idea what you mean.:smallconfused:

I beleive he referenced to the fact that you are, seemingly intimiate with a penguinoid.

Ichneumon
2008-01-06, 02:40 PM
I beleive he referenced to the fact that you are, seemingly intimiate with a penguinoid.

Ah, I see. Yes, that would make sense....:smallbiggrin:

Szilard
2008-01-06, 02:54 PM
I've drawn some of the characters in a style that looks a lot like that of Szilard. I like it and will use it for the next few comics.:smallamused:

I have a style?:smallconfused: Cool!:smalltongue:

Illiterate Scribe
2008-01-06, 02:59 PM
oh man, SDSB is starting to lok like FFF in the begining, with a lot of updates...but will refrain to join it...

Snatch's avatar is Yotsuaba, anime patron saint of E/b/aum's.

And I think that the guys that are heading towards Fort Longcat are somewhat part of a third story line...

It's ... well, a meta-storyline. To be honest, it's sort of angled at being a bridge between not two, but three storylines (yes, there's a mystery third one! Possibly.). People can always join, you just need to say you're in the Osprey's Hold of Holding.

And yes, I will post the new comic some time.

Bayar
2008-01-06, 03:29 PM
What about snatch and Ebaumsworld?!?

Illiterate Scribe
2008-01-06, 03:46 PM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/solarturtle/Konachan.png

Thar ye go.

Bayar
2008-01-06, 03:55 PM
I was looking for highschool age more...but whatever...

Also, Damn ! the hair is such a hell to draw !

Emperor Ing
2008-01-06, 03:58 PM
*is tempted to draw you and the lizardman being taken away by an unending swarm of kobolds*

You can't. We, I, am invincible! >:)

Malfunctioned
2008-01-06, 04:24 PM
Oooookay....Hopefully I'll be posting my new comic soon but just one question beforehand, how do you guys make templates in inkscape?

Eita
2008-01-06, 04:25 PM
That's right. Eita has a portable EMP field.

Bayar
2008-01-06, 04:37 PM
That's right. Eita has a portable EMP field.

also, he is squished beyond recognition...you should try to resize proportionally...

Eita
2008-01-06, 04:44 PM
Eh. Too lazy.

Yeril
2008-01-06, 04:55 PM
Oooookay....Hopefully I'll be posting my new comic soon but just one question beforehand, how do you guys make templates in inkscape?

Draw the character, his acessories and alternate forms.

and your finished, just tweak, bend and add minor details to change them to suit the situation.

Bayar
2008-01-06, 04:58 PM
I should become lazy...my computer crashed while working on the hair detalis :smalleek:

Malfunctioned
2008-01-06, 05:05 PM
Draw the character, his acessories and alternate forms.

and your finished, just tweak, bend and add minor details to change them to suit the situation.

But how do you do the bending stuff?, when I save my images I can't manipulate them any more than resizing or moving about.

Bayar
2008-01-06, 05:12 PM
But how do you do the bending stuff?, when I save my images I can't manipulate them any more than resizing or moving about.

be sure that you use the SVG when editing, not the PNG...

and ungroup the image....that could be your problem...

Malfunctioned
2008-01-06, 05:24 PM
Thanks, I'll remember that :smallsmile:

Bayar
2008-01-06, 05:32 PM
Just finished my new character...well, a beta for now...still need to add shadow effects to his hair...

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff15/bayar_m2003/k2.png
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff15/bayar_m2003/k.png
So, what do you guys think?

Eita
2008-01-06, 05:41 PM
He looks like a character from an old anime I saw.

Also, how do you save in PNG in Inkscape? It isn't in the list of saveable formats.

Shades of Gray
2008-01-06, 05:43 PM
He looks like a character from an old anime I saw.

Also, how do you save in PNG in Inkscape? It isn't in the list of saveable formats.

Actually he is from an anime. Yuyu Hakusho.

Also, to save in png, choose File>Export Bitmap

Bayar
2008-01-06, 05:58 PM

Someone, give this man a cookie! Preferably poisoned, since he knows too much...

Illiterate Scribe
2008-01-06, 06:02 PM
MWAHAHAHAH! MWAHAHAHAH!

I'm laughing evilly for reasons that only myself, the Randomiser, and one other know. :smallbiggrin:

Also, thanks a great deal for that discrete assignment, Randomiser. It was 100% successful. :smallamused:

Forrestfire
2008-01-06, 06:22 PM

to be even more exact, his name is Kurama, and he summons and weilds plants

Bayar
2008-01-06, 06:33 PM
to be even more exact, his name is Kurama, and he summons and weilds plants

Actually, he soesnt summon them, he focuses energy in seeds that gow out into those plants...it is a fast process that kinda looks like a summoning...
He preety much has druid characteristics...(not using metal in any way, his rose whip is tougher than steel~ironwood)

Forrestfire
2008-01-06, 06:56 PM
Actually, he soesnt summon them, he focuses energy in seeds that gow out into those plants...it is a fast process that kinda looks like a summoning...
He preety much has druid characteristics...(not using metal in any way, his rose whip is tougher than steel~ironwood)

oh, I had thought that he could summon demon plane plants, from the way Karasu (the bomb guy) talked during the dark tournament

Bayar
2008-01-06, 07:00 PM
read it on wikipedia...
Plus, Karasu did actually summon his bombs....weird guy, summoning demonic bombs...

Illiterate Scribe
2008-01-06, 07:42 PM
Glad to see you're up to your Nomlas style tricks again, Salmon! :smalltongue:

Szilard
2008-01-06, 08:30 PM
So I have to make templates of The Lich, the Rain King, Shades of Gray's character, a new Astral 32 and Dirmo, did I miss anyone?

Illiterate Scribe
2008-01-06, 08:39 PM
So, the approach to Fort Longcat pt 1. 2 up tomorrow.

Yes, Fort Longcat really is that big, and yes, it's still coming out of that far-off extradimensional portal. Where that portal comes from, I'll have to explain in my backstory comic (:smallbiggrin: which will just be a normal ABR three-parter, don't worry).

Also (I had to cut it, because it was uglifying the vistas over F.L., but here's the rest of Mechafox's Halo song -

raaaaaaaaaa aaaaa aaa aaaaaa aaaaa aaaa aaaaaaaaaa bskish aaaaaa aaa aaaaaa aaaaaa aaaaa aaaaaa aaaaaa aaaaaaa aaaaaaaa aaaaaaaa aaaaaaaa aaaaaaaa aaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaa ber der der der bmph ber der der der bmph ber der der der bmph ber der der der bmph der der derrrrr der der derrrrr der der derrrrr der der derrrrrr der der der der der der ber der der der bmph ber der der der bmph ber der der der bmph ber der der der bmph dooo dooo dooooo doooo dooo dooo dooo ber der der der bmph ber der der der bmph weaaaaaaarh weeeerrrraoh weeeeeeeeearh wearrrrrroh doo dee dee dee de doo doo doo doo doo dee dee dee doo dee doo dee dee doo dee dee.

Yes, it does match up with the actual theme tune. Try it!

Also, I just noticed that I've made 30 comics! Woo! Seems like much less, though.

Narrator
2008-01-06, 11:56 PM
I was going to get aff my ass and actually do a comic tonight but you beat me to the punch IS. Any chance on you filling us in on whats going to be going on here in fort long cat?

Im still trying to figure out how the characters in the first long cat comic got onto it, must be from another dimension.

Bayar
2008-01-07, 03:56 AM
that is easy...it should happen after we landed on the fort...

Nameless
2008-01-07, 04:51 AM
Sorry I haven't been posting, my internet's down.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-01-07, 05:05 AM
I'm assuming there are some reactions to Lying's outburst coming, so for now I'm still keeping a downlow on the submissions

kpenguin
2008-01-07, 05:08 AM
My question seemed to be overlooked:

So, BRC made it all the way to Salmonville from Blauport?

The answer will affect how I make my next few strips.

Nameless
2008-01-07, 05:12 AM
I'm assuming there are some reactions to Lying's outburst coming, so for now I'm still keeping a downlow on the submissions

I need to know what happens next... DRAW SLAVE! DRAW!!!

Lyinginbedmon
2008-01-07, 05:21 AM
Also: My college kicks back up again today, so my submissions in general will be decreasing

Nameless
2008-01-07, 05:24 AM
Also: My college kicks back up again today, so my submissions in general will be decreasing

*SLAPS* claage is for fancy people! are you fancy?

kpenguin
2008-01-07, 05:27 AM
*SLAPS* claage is for fancy people! are you fancy?

Them Brits is always fancy.

Nameless
2008-01-07, 05:29 AM
Them Brits is always fancy.

Are you calling me fancy? :smallmad:

*puts on top hat and monocal*

kpenguin
2008-01-07, 05:30 AM
Are you calling me fancy? :smallmad:

Ayup. Yous limeys is always all fancy and such.:smalltongue:

Anyway, Lying, could I have an answer?

Lyinginbedmon
2008-01-07, 07:06 AM
The answer would be an apparent Yes, I suppose we could assume you caught up with the Citadel and he went along for the ride, given that you're a potent spellcaster.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-01-07, 07:56 AM
Could someone very kind please help me make a list of everyone currently involved in ABR, and their main characters? I know that it's a fairly big thing, but it's necessary for a secret surprise.

So far I've got

Illiterate Scribe (Anon), Undertaker (Horace the Rain King), Yoshi (Yoshi), KPenguin (Kpenguin), Mechafox (Nobody), Ichneumon (Ichneumon), Szilard (Szilard), Lavidor (Lavidor), Lyinginbedmon (Lying), Salmon (the Lich), Shades of Grey (Grey), Eita (Eita), the Randomiser (the Randomiser), Yeril (Yeril/Drimo), Squark (Astral), Bloodyredcommie (the People's Saviour), Iceddragons (WTF guy with the huge sword), Ninjachocobo (the Ninja Chocobo Vampire), Nameless (Death), JasonDoomBlade (Jason Doomblade), Omnicroncubed (Omicron), Forrestfire15 (Forest Fire), Bayar (Gordon Freeman! Gordon Freeman!)

I know there are other, since I only went back two pages, but hey.

Bayar
2008-01-07, 08:15 AM
Threeshades, but he/she is more DM games...it will be back !
Omega...
Nightwing should be on the list...even though he left...

Keris
2008-01-07, 11:54 AM
As SDSB has had an influx of new characters, most people avoiding the "cluttered" FFF, and in doing so cluttering SDSB, would anyone join a new storyline if I were to start one? This would give people a chance to try new characters, without clogging up the existing storylines.

Ichneumon
2008-01-07, 11:58 AM
Just start one, they will join...:smallamused:

Nameless
2008-01-07, 01:44 PM
Okay, I'm lost... what the hell is going on in FFF, where are we? Who's that new kablob dude? Who are those new bad-guys? :confused: :confused: :confused:

JasonDoomsblade
2008-01-07, 01:51 PM
As SDSB has had an influx of new characters, most people avoiding the "cluttered" FFF, and in doing so cluttering SDSB, would anyone join a new storyline if I were to start one? This would give people a chance to try new characters, without clogging up the existing storylines.

What do SDSB and FFF stand for?:smallconfused:

Bayar
2008-01-07, 01:55 PM
Fat Fish Fury and sorcerer dude strikes back...

Nameless
What do SDSB and FFF stand for?:smallconfused:

SDSB: Sorceror Dude Strikes back.
FFF: Fat Fish Fury (The original plot)

Malfunctioned
Sorceror Dude Strikes Back and Fat Fish Fury.

Edit: Double Ninja'ed!

JasonDoomsblade
2008-01-07, 01:58 PM
Wow I can't believe I didn't know that and/or remember that.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-01-07, 02:09 PM
Nameless, the Citadel has just landed in Tajira, where we have seen previously Ins has taken root.

Could you define "kablob" please? I have no idea what that means :smalleek:

Keris
2008-01-07, 04:23 PM
Just start one, they will join...:smallamused:

I'll give a go then. Anyone have any suggestions as to plot?

Illiterate Scribe
2008-01-07, 05:03 PM
Well, it depends what sort of style you're aiming at.

SDSB is a fairly traditionally D&D setting, give or take a clone trooper, and is maybe Eberron to OOTS' Forgotten Realms.

Fat Fish Fury is much more damaging to the fourth wall, and is a little more cynical. It's also possibly the most arcane, labyrinthine thing that there is - its risen above its humble origins of being a MacGuffin hunt and become a vast, world-spanning event.
<gratuitious self promotion>
It's also got a secondary element, that sorta begun with the arrival of Mecha-Nightwing, and currently involves Fort Longcat. I'm personally hoping for it to be a potential means of linking the various plots together, into one that is, if not an entwined narrative, at least one where there are connections that can be moved across. There's also going to be some big events going down ...
</gratuitous self promotion>

EDIT:Check yer PMs, Keris.

Undertaker798
2008-01-07, 05:05 PM
A third plot? I'm in! And so is Salmon, he says. :smallwink: I'll await some more details to what the plot will be.

yoshi927
2008-01-07, 05:13 PM
I'm in, I've got somebody I've been meaning to draw anyway. It might be cool to have a Black Company-esque mercenary group thing, but that would require everyone to draw all of the templates.

JasonDoomsblade
2008-01-07, 05:25 PM
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee26/ustaaz/comic60.png

and jason is not there because I am to lazy to draw him right now

We're playing Cheat not Poker.

Forrestfire
2008-01-07, 05:57 PM
We're playing Cheat not Poker.

then this is after you have finished playing cheat.

JasonDoomsblade
2008-01-07, 06:16 PM

Ah.lololololololololololololololololololol

Squark
2008-01-07, 06:30 PM
I know this is a bit late, but I feel the influx of PC's and SDSB has brought a minor problem. Shades, Salmon, Yeril, Yoshi, and Undertaker, I don't mean to be rude, but you did overhaul the plot. Its called SORCERER DUDE Strikes Back. Hence, team evil should be Sorcerer Dude, and his minions. You've kind of messed this up... Also, SDSB and FFF are in the same world, just different parts.

Also, when I mentioned Ichneumon's gender, I was refering to Ichneumon IRL.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-01-07, 06:33 PM
I couldn't quite decide whether to pull an Odishon on Yeril's new character, so I decided to go for something equally disturbing but alright for guidelines.

Squark
2008-01-07, 06:35 PM
And if anyone makes a citadel crack... We retconned that, so I site that as a precedent!

Shades of Gray
2008-01-07, 06:56 PM
Well, I wanted to join, so the best way was to join a small team to avoid confusion.

Also, you can't go ahead and say that 5 or so peaople TOTALLY MESSSED UP THE PLOT. At the time, we thought it was just 3 people being there for fun. If WE didn't make the plot tailor to YOUR standards, well sorry.

Also Also, way to leave in the middle of a perfectly good fight. The best way for you to leave is to say. U DIE, I LEAVE.

yoshi927
2008-01-07, 08:01 PM
I know this is a bit late, but I feel the influx of PC's and SDSB has brought a minor problem. Shades, Salmon, Yeril, Yoshi, and Undertaker, I don't mean to be rude, but you did overhaul the plot. Its called SORCERER DUDE Strikes Back. Hence, team evil should be Sorcerer Dude, and his minions. You've kind of messed this up... Also, SDSB and FFF are in the same world, just different parts.Actually, I've been on team sorcerer for a while. And PC evils are better anyway. I'd be all for killing off the sorcerer dude and having it be Ichneumon vs. Salmon. And, I don't mean to be rude either, but who are you to talk to us about overhauling plots? :smallconfused:

Squark
2008-01-07, 08:10 PM
@ yoshi: I adressed that. I also cited it as a prescedent. Also, your only comics left your status somewhat iffy, so I had no idea what team you were on.

@Shades and Yoshi: Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with there being a team evil, but the thing is, SDSB was much more like a campaign before, and I kind of like that. Again, I'm not trying to be rude, but everything might have gone smoother if we'd integrated you into the plot better. Still, no use crying of spilt milk. That being said, we do need to work on integrating you. I'm just saying

@Shades: Oh, I'm not leaving the fight. I prefer the term, regrouping....

Squark
2008-01-07, 08:11 PM
@ yoshi: I adressed that. I also cited it as a prescedent. Also, your only comics left your status somewhat iffy, so I had no idea what team you were on.

@Shades and Yoshi: Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with there being a team evil, but the thing is, SDSB was much more like a campaign before, and I kind of like that. Again, I'm not trying to be rude, but everything might have gone smoother if we'd integrated you into the plot better. Still, no use crying of spilt milk. That being said, we do need to work on integrating you. I'm just saying

Squark
2008-01-07, 08:11 PM

kpenguin
2008-01-07, 08:19 PM
SDSB might take place in a Avaboy, but I think it should be an alternate reality so that there is minimal contradiction between the two.

Plus, there's that interdimensional thing with Fort Longcat that we could take advantage of.

Szilard
2008-01-07, 08:48 PM
I didn't even think of it as a campaign when I made sorcerer dude strikes back. I just happened to kill sorcerer dude, then the ABC clerics resurrected him. The origional team evil was me, Ichnuemon, Cleric B, and [email protected]. But an even eviler Sorcerer dude was trying to kill us, probably for revenge. So we were going to Merinas or medina (I keep forgeting) and then the Lich and the Rain king came in and then a big battle started, I'm fine with that. Shades of Grey and this Team evil didn't mess up the plot, they just made it better, SDSB barely had any action at all, and now it has more PCs.

If you didn't read all that, I said that Team Evil did not mess up the plot.

kpenguin
2008-01-07, 08:53 PM
Since Ichneumon's sorceress chick has the whole vengeance thing on me, I might appear in a canon SDSB comic. However, in order to keep separate from FFF kpenguin, SDSB kpenguin has a different look inspired by Ich's drawings of me.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w118/kpenguin222/Avatars/kpenguin_sdsb.gif

Illiterate Scribe
2008-01-07, 09:02 PM
I'm wondering how Squark's 'two posts in <1 minute worked. The vBulletin software stopped that, I thought. :smallconfused:

yoshi927
2008-01-07, 09:12 PM
No one needs to get "integrated". I'm not sure what you're seeing about the latest few strips that's so horrible. You're citing you blowing up the citadel as precedent, whereas Salmon et all are just entering into the plot in a way you object to. These are not equivalent stories.

Eita
2008-01-08, 12:06 AM
Proof that FFF has slowed: An angel has literally appeared in Tajira and has apparently brought an EMP field with him, and yet there is no response.

Ichneumon
2008-01-08, 12:43 AM
Although I might be able to see that the new people have made the plot of SDSB more complicated, I can not see how at this state they have "destroyed" the plot line or made the plot too complex. They just introduced their characters on a new, interesting and original way. The fact that we do not know who or what this team evil wants, does not mean they have no reason, or at least it does not mean they can't have a reason. A little bit of dephth also doesn't hurt SDSB and it certainly doesn't kill it. If everybody would make such a good character introduction as Samon and Undertaker we would not have any problem.

@ Samon, Undertaker: My compliments.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-01-08, 02:26 AM
Proof that FFF has slowed: An angel has literally appeared in Tajira and has apparently brought an EMP field with him, and yet there is no response.

I could do something, but I'm waiting for any responses to the return of Lying

Eita
2008-01-08, 03:21 AM
I take that as more proof that the plot has slowed.

kpenguin
2008-01-08, 03:38 AM
I think part of the problem is that there is a perceived delicate balance to the plot of FFF that must not be disturbed. Thus, people are scared of taking the initiative and posting because they don't to disrupt the plot.

Eita
2008-01-08, 03:43 AM
But then the plot won't move at all.

kpenguin
2008-01-08, 03:45 AM
But then the plot won't move at all.

Exactly my point. The plot has become so sacred that people are too scared to move it.

Nameless
2008-01-08, 03:59 AM

We're not there anymore :smalltongue:

Nameless
2008-01-08, 04:02 AM
Okay so I understand what's happening with me and BedMon, but what's the whole 2 Yeril thing and who the hell is that skelleton dude?:smallconfused:

Lyinginbedmon
2008-01-08, 04:12 AM
That would be the SDSB storyline. No-one but Salmon (And probably Undertaker) know who the Lich is, but the "two Yerils" thing is due to an illusion by Rangiramon. The Fear effect was of a duplicate appearing and cutting himself up, which you can imagine is something unbelievably horrific for most people. Obviously this is somewhat deteriorated by being in plain sight of the victim.

Nameless
2008-01-08, 04:22 AM
That would be the SDSB storyline. No-one but Salmon (And probably Undertaker) know who the Lich is, but the "two Yerils" thing is due to an illusion by Rangiramon. The Fear effect was of a duplicate appearing and cutting himself up, which you can imagine is something unbelievably horrific for most people. Obviously this is somewhat deteriorated by being in plain sight of the victim.

Oh I seee...
So in the FFF story line, you just got mad because of the whole celebrety thing.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-01-08, 04:27 AM
Wouldn't you? Lying is a very private person, Ins has probably been experimenting with biological interactions via flashing Lying's scars :smallmad:

Nameless
2008-01-08, 04:32 AM
Wouldn't you? Lying is a very private person, Ins has probably been experimenting with biological interactions via flashing Lying's scars :smallmad:

yes I would :smallbiggrin:

Undertaker798
2008-01-08, 04:44 AM
I'm sorry Squark, but saying that Salmon, myself and others have disrupted the plot is a bit much. When Salmon and I decided to join in SDSB we actually thought what our characters would do and how we'd not spin the plot upside-down to center it on us. We don't intend to become the be all and end all of the plot. Just consider us the Linear Guild to The Order of the Stick. Minor recurring villains.

P.S. I do know who the Lich is. But no telling. :smallwink:

Lyinginbedmon
2008-01-08, 04:58 AM
yes I would :smallbiggrin:

That's simultaneously interesting and disturbing...

No respond darnit! :smallbiggrin:

Nameless
2008-01-08, 07:26 AM
That's simultaneously interesting and disturbing...

No respond darnit! :smallbiggrin:

I'm confused... *removes clothes and jumps from window*

Emperor Ing
2008-01-08, 07:30 AM
Is Yeril even gonna TRY and kill me?

And Yeril, if you need help finding out who the lizardman is, please look at the obvious clues. If your still confused, read the backstory comic, which is unfortunately on Haitus until further notice. :smallfrown:

Squark
2008-01-08, 07:55 AM
I'm wondering how Squark's 'two posts in <1 minute worked. The vBulletin software stopped that, I thought. :smallconfused:

Oops, Triple post... Ouch...

Nameless
2008-01-08, 08:22 AM
And now we wait for Bedmon to post on FFF... *sits in a dark corner and wait patiently*

Lavidor
2008-01-08, 08:37 AM
I'm pretty sure lyings waiting for you lot (I already arrived with a message for him after the return, but sending is one-way) and I'm waiting for Tiffanie to log on and say if the twins sell the Key or not.

Bayar
2008-01-08, 09:19 AM
I will introduce my char...somewhat into FFF, since Gordon has moved into the Space Odyssey part of the plot...but be warned...you might not get it, since there will be mostly dialogue between people you dont see and BG...

Ichneumon
2008-01-08, 11:11 AM
Re-posting what I said because I think it is needed in this discussion about "destroying the plot""

Although I might be able to see that the number of new people could and propably will make the plot of SDSB more complicated if the current number increases even more, I can not see how at this state they have "destroyed" the plot line or made the plot too complex. They just introduced their characters on a new, interesting and original way. If everyone would do that, there will never be a problem. The fact that we do not know who or what this team evil wants, does not mean they have no reason, or at least it does not mean they can't have a reason. A little bit of dephth also doesn't hurt SDSB and it certainly doesn't kill it. If everybody would make such a good character introduction as Samon and Undertaker we would not have any problem.

@ Samon, Undertaker: My compliments.

Yeril
2008-01-08, 12:04 PM
Is Yeril even gonna TRY and kill me?

And Yeril, if you need help finding out who the lizardman is, please look at the obvious clues. If your still confused, read the backstory comic, which is unfortunately on Haitus until further notice. :smallfrown:

Im going to assume hes you, before you went all magicky, and yeah Ive been reading your backstory comic (vaugly)

And Its on my to-do list :smallbiggrin:

Emperor Ing
2008-01-09, 07:32 AM
I was ALWAYS a spellcaster

now, im a spellcaster with dual diamond chainsaws. :smallcool:

Yeril
2008-01-09, 09:17 AM
Wow, that must be preety feat hungry.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-01-09, 05:35 PM
Sneak preview's ahead!

(and yes, that is grammatically correct. It's an apostrophe denoting contraction, not possession.)

There is a third plot on the horizon of ABR. A new plot, taking us further, perhaps, than we have ever gone before. What happens there shall shake Avbaroy - or perhaps it already has ...

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/3998/fortll6.png

Squark
2008-01-09, 08:48 PM
I am on an indefinite Hiatus determined by when the PC that allows me to post comics agrees to access giantitp.com

Sorry.

Just assume It took me a while to find... the thing from the Star Wars Universe that popped up. Sorry. I AM NOT, However, leaving either plot by any means.

Also, I don't mean to be rude, But I'd like to motion for a maximum membership in two plots apart from cameos, just to keep different feels to each. Of course, Since my laptop shows no sign of accepting Giantitp.com anytime soon again, my opinion doesn't count for much. :smallfrown:

Szilard
2008-01-09, 08:57 PM
I don't think there should be a maximum, people could come and go all they want.

yoshi927
2008-01-09, 10:01 PM
I don't know. There aren't that many active members of either plot. It's not like we have people pulling it in a million different directions.

Don't fix it if it ain't broken, they say.

Eita
2008-01-09, 10:03 PM
Yeril, where's your FFF character?

Forrestfire
2008-01-09, 10:04 PM
Yeril, where's your FFF character?

i think he is playing poker with an illusion

Fawkes
2008-01-10, 12:18 AM
Also, I don't mean to be rude, But I'd like to motion for a maximum membership in two plots apart from cameos, just to keep different feels to each.

I vote nay. It goes against the spirit of ABR.

Ichneumon
2008-01-10, 12:22 AM

I agree with you here.

Eita
2008-01-10, 01:46 AM

You mean the monocle wearing men turn out to just be a robot who has a hat that has a machine-gun wielding fox come out of it spirit?

Lyinginbedmon
2008-01-10, 02:00 AM
Don't diss Philippe. He's arguably one of the best additions we've had for sheer character :smallbiggrin:

JasonDoomsblade
2008-01-10, 06:49 AM

I'm with you also.

Bayar
2008-01-10, 07:10 AM

have to agree with this...

kpenguin
2008-01-10, 07:17 AM

*statement of agreement*

Emperor Ing
2008-01-10, 07:23 AM
I agree, except on a much deeper level than you. You should know my opinion is that THE PLOTS go against the spirit of ABR.

Bayar
2008-01-10, 07:24 AM
I agree, except on a much deeper level than you. You should know my opinion is that THE PLOTS go against the spirit of ABR.

*Agrees with this too*

Lavidor
2008-01-10, 08:06 AM
Hey, guys. Who's that with a swanky new inkscape? Must be Lavidor! Could you get me a link to that tutorial I saw a while ago?

Keris
2008-01-10, 08:09 AM
Here you go. (http://trazoi.net/tutorials/inkscape/oots)
Very useful, I only just got Inkscape yesterday myself. (Source of my swankey new, high detail, shoes.)

Lavidor
2008-01-10, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the link.:smallsmile:

Yeril
2008-01-10, 10:18 AM
I had somthing important to do.. to do with ABR... but I can't remember...

Keris
2008-01-10, 10:37 AM
Make a comic? Or a new character....

Behold! Plot #3!

Plot #3

Setting
Aeons before the current events of ABR, there were the (http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w118/kpenguin222/comic26.gif) Dragon (http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w118/kpenguin222/comic27.gif) Wars (http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w118/kpenguin222/comic28.gif). Ages before that though, the land of Avbaroy was a very different place.

Magic was a fledging force in these times, weak compared to human might, and technology ruled. Why conjure a Fireball using Bat Guano when you can incinerate your enemies using specially calibrated Microwave Weapons? Why use a Fly spell when you can use a Grav-pack? Magic still exists, and is gaining in popularity with those who cannot afford Technology, but the majority of the populace has little knowledge of it.

Plot
In one of the vast cities dotted about Avbaroy, the Merchant House of Haalu is in a state of anxiety. Their once great empire is crumbling, shareholders deserting like rats fleeing a sinking ship. This chain of events has been facilitated by the mysterious deaths of many of the houses principle heirs…

What d’ya think? As you can see, it’s a slight diverge from current ABR plotlines, with the technological focus, but also explains how many of the high tech items ended up in the fantasy land of Avbaroy.

Before we begin, I’d quite like a summary of characters, so I can make some Plot #3 templates, and we can get the starting heroes/villains planned out.

[hr]
Keris Rain
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z257/kerisrain/FMAme.png
Keris is one of a team of individuals hired by House Haalu to investigate the deaths of their heirs. He wields a combat shotgun, and uses various technological devices.

Undertaker798
2008-01-10, 11:13 AM
Darvald Flint

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/5706/abr3avatarli1.png
Once a high-ranking officer in House Haalu's Security Forces. Darvald lost everything when he was framed for various assassinations on Haalu Heirs. Darvald now serves as a mercenary. Hoping to find the real culprit of the murders to claim everything he once had back.

yoshi927
2008-01-10, 12:12 PM
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b296/yoshi927/Waltercopy.png
Name:Walter
Species:What the heck is it?

Walter talks using a sign, because he can't articulate with a beak. His wings are largely vestigial, he can glide but not fly. He can, apparently, hold things with them, for unknown reasons. He is at a disadvantage in most fights, so he prefers to use tricks.

There's my third plot guy.

Nameless
2008-01-10, 12:50 PM
I mucked up the drawings but I think it gets my feelings across pretty well :smallcool: :

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/tomshaer/wizardownsmelee.png

Approved by Rodger:

Bayar
2008-01-10, 01:36 PM
It looks quite good Nameless.

Also, my #3 guy will be a GDI light infantry.

Emperor Ing
2008-01-10, 02:19 PM
Make a comic? Or a new character....

Behold! Plot #3!

Plot #3

Setting
Aeons before the current events of ABR, there were the (http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w118/kpenguin222/comic26.gif) Dragon (http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w118/kpenguin222/comic27.gif) Wars (http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w118/kpenguin222/comic28.gif). Ages before that though, the land of Avbaroy was a very different place.

Magic was a fledging force in these times, weak compared to human might, and technology ruled. Why conjure a Fireball using Bat Guano when you can incinerate your enemies using specially calibrated Microwave Weapons? Why use a Fly spell when you can use a Grav-pack? Magic still exists, and is gaining in popularity with those who cannot afford Technology, but the majority of the populace has little knowledge of it.

Plot
In one of the vast cities dotted about Avbaroy, the Merchant House of Haalu is in a state of anxiety. Their once great empire is crumbling, shareholders deserting like rats fleeing a sinking ship. This chain of events has been facilitated by the mysterious deaths of many of the houses principle heirs…

What d’ya think? As you can see, it’s a slight diverge from current ABR plotlines, with the technological focus, but also explains how many of the high tech items ended up in the fantasy land of Avbaroy.

Before we begin, I’d quite like a summary of characters, so I can make some Plot #3 templates, and we can get the starting heroes/villains planned out.

<hr>
Keris Rain
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z257/kerisrain/FMAme.png
Keris is one of a team of individuals hired by House Haalu to investigate the deaths of their heirs. He wields a combat shotgun, and uses various technological devices.

Okay, thats it. You die now.
>_>
<_<
can someone please kill this guy?

Nameless
2008-01-10, 02:41 PM
Umm.. Keris, with all due respect, I think a nother plot is the last thing we need right now, not to be mean or anything.
Unless ofcours anyone thinks otherwise...

Yeril
2008-01-10, 02:48 PM
I dont mind a new plot-angle, the whole futirusitic thing would be fun.

Now.. how to make a futuristic looking kobold without making him look like a grunt or a jackel thingy from Halo.

Nameless
2008-01-10, 02:54 PM
I dont mind a new plot-angle, the whole futirusitic thing would be fun.

Now.. how to make a futuristic looking kobold without making him look like a grunt or a jackel thingy from Halo.

ROBOT ROBOT ROBOT!!! :smallbiggrin:

Fawkes
2008-01-10, 02:58 PM
Heh, futurepast. I might get in on that.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-01-10, 03:17 PM
It's a bit too early for me, I'll stick with the present-day storylines (Plus Remember)

Nameless
2008-01-10, 03:22 PM
It's a bit too early for me, I'll stick with the present-day storylines (Plus Remember)

Yes, because in the present day we have castles, dragons, people running around with swords, and wizards...

Bayar
2008-01-10, 03:24 PM
Yes, because in the present day we have castles, dragons, people running around with swords, and wizards...

because the apocalypse came and wiped out most of the living beings...or something like that....in the lines of Mad Max...

Nameless
2008-01-10, 03:27 PM
because the apocalypse came and wiped out most of the living beings...or something like that....in the lines of Mad Max...

Oh... it all makes so much sence now...

I have one thing to say... MARMALADE!

Lyinginbedmon
2008-01-10, 03:43 PM

We do in present-day Avbaroy :smallamused:

Ichneumon
2008-01-10, 03:50 PM
Don't none of you get bored with ABR?:smallconfused:

Nameless
2008-01-10, 03:54 PM

BLASPHAMY!!!

:furious:

@Bedmon: I'm afrade that's a made up place, I'm so sorry... :smallfrown:

Yeril
2008-01-10, 04:02 PM
@Bedmon: I'm afrade that's a made up place, I'm so sorry... :smallfrown:

Oh well. Atleast Santa exists :smallcool: ... Right? :smalleek:

Bayar
2008-01-10, 04:05 PM
Oh well. Atleast Santa exists :smallcool: ... Right? :smalleek:

he exists, but preety much drinks his ass 360 days a year, one day does miracles for us all....and then goes into coma...only to awaken and start drinking again.proof ! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQZN8OD3TtE)

Yeril
2008-01-10, 04:08 PM
he exists, but preety much drinks his ass 360 days a year, one day does miracles for us all....and then goes into coma...only to awaken and start drinking again.proof ! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQZN8OD3TtE)

What does he do during the other 4 days?

Wolfman42666
2008-01-10, 04:08 PM

yeah Actually, I think the main plot needs some down time before it is picked up again. These side-stories are a nice change of pace. This took about half an hour. Most of it I stole (not copy/pasted) from Askairs' awesome Christmas one off appearances [read: the good parts]
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee83/Wolfman42666/MrNosferas.png

Mr Nosferas has been cutting deals and trading illegal equipment on the black market for several years now, I.E. things that make the homeland security board shudder at the ethical implication of producing. Such as spare parts: spare human parts, and electric and plague implants.

Having achieved a comfortable position in the black market he lets his customers come to him, preferring to stay in semi-saturated light- the kind his optics work best in.

Unfortunately his customers stopped coming mid-last week. Obviously this is bad for business. Ridley, his accountant in general thinks this has to do with house Haalu’s recent loss of heirs. Though he never says why Ridley is remarkably reliable when it comes to things like this.

Nosferas just doesn’t have time to look in to things, Point and shoot is his favourite pastime. He wields a semi-automatic handgun and a particle-projected knife.

If anything in there is plot disrupting I'll remove it Mr. New DM:smallbiggrin:

What does he do during the other 4 days?
Makes toys?:smallbiggrin:

Squark
2008-01-10, 05:27 PM
Well, my laptop SEEMS to be letting me on the forums again, so the haitus ended before it truly began!

Keris
2008-01-10, 05:38 PM
If anything in there is plot disrupting I'll remove it
Disrupting? Plot? What plot? We haven't even got a BBEG yet.

@ Randomizer and Nameless: I had actually mentioned the third plot a while ago, and me and Scibe have been discussing it since. If you had any objections, you could have voiced them then. And this way, you have even more characters to kill randomly!

Illiterate Scribe
2008-01-10, 06:04 PM
Blech, I've had a hard night of work :smallyuk:, so I won't be able to upload the picture tonight.

Put it this way, I'm going to be shamelessly exploiting the whole stuff-in-the-past plot for use as backstory. Not overwhelmingly so, but you'll find a bit out about Miko Anon.

It will also help explain the other secret conversation that I'm having with a forumite (sorry for being unfaithful to you in this way, Keris, but I've got to conspire elsewhere too :smalltongue:)

Muahahah! Wheels within wheels!

Bayar
2008-01-10, 06:22 PM
think I found out what is it with Anon...or better yet, what it means...but I will not tell :smallbiggrin:

Illiterate Scribe
2008-01-10, 06:26 PM
Put it this way - it does not forgive, it does not forget, and traditionally does not want you to correctly post where it comes from. :smallwink:

Squark
2008-01-10, 06:56 PM
Non-canon. The armored guy is a random PC I made (and probably will never use)

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/funfundoodledum.png

You mean the one that looks like me, but with the different head (If you complain about not knowing what I look like w/o my helmet on, you should now hit your head five times when I remind you I look like EVERY OTHER BOOPIN CLONE!!! So check Wookieepedia, the Database, or your copy of Attack of the Clones/Revenge of the Sith (Either works))?

EDIT: Also, we need the names of the various PC's of team evil (Since at this point, the origonal team is now a lot more Sketchy in alignment. Both Szilard and Anton (Joshu) are TN, Astral 32 is NG, Rangiramon is Neutral or Good, and Ichneumon is Neutral (I think)). We still dont have Yeril, Shades, Yoshi, and maybe that Lich's names.

kpenguin
2008-01-10, 07:00 PM
Actually, if I recall, as the Clone War progressed new clones were made using different models than Jango Fett.

Squark
2008-01-10, 07:45 PM
Actually, if I recall, as the Clone War progressed new clones were made using different models than Jango Fett.

Not entirely true, that didn't happen until several years after the clone wars, after the Kaminoans bred an army to attempt to overthrow Imperial Control of their planet.

You MAY be thinking of the clone insurrections shortly before the clone wars, which featured Non-Fett clones made by someone else, which were thrown at the Republic by the "Clonemasters." (This was a retcon made to cover up Timothy Zahn's lack of knowledge of the Clone Wars when the Thrawn Trilogy was written. To be fair, the only people who knew what happened in the Clone Wars were people informed of it by Lucas himself, and they weren't talking.)

EDIT: Also, as the war went on, because of the lack of new genetic material, The quality of the new clones began to degrade, which has left questions as to wether or not alternate templates were used.

Szilard
2008-01-10, 08:16 PM
You mean the one that looks like me, but with the different head (If you complain about not knowing what I look like w/o my helmet on, you should now hit your head five times when I remind you I look like EVERY OTHER BOOPIN CLONE!!! So check Wookieepedia, the Database, or your copy of Attack of the Clones/Revenge of the Sith (Either works))?

EDIT: Also, we need the names of the various PC's of team evil (Since at this point, the origonal team is now a lot more Sketchy in alignment. Both Szilard and Anton (Joshu) are TN, Astral 32 is NG, Rangiramon is Neutral or Good, and Ichneumon is Neutral (I think)). We still dont have Yeril, Shades, Yoshi, and maybe that Lich's names.

You should clarify the database for people who don't visit starwars.com and maybe give a link to wookieepedia ( www.starwars.wikia.com )

Yerils character is Drigo or some combonation of those letters, and we technacly don't need the others' names. Last time I checked I was CN, though that might have changed since I havent comandeered any ships recently.

Shades of Gray
2008-01-10, 08:20 PM

Or maybe a regular guy bought some armor that looks like a stormtrooper/killed one for it.

And I know what his face looks like. I wanted this guy to stand out/ Not be a stormtrooper/clonetrooper.

I'd say my guy is Lawful Neutral.
My guy basically doesn't care who he serves, he's just too lazy to work out a plan for Evil/Good. So he's really Lawful Apathetic.

Bayar
2008-01-11, 12:10 AM
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b296/yoshi927/Iusethatexplanationalotcopy.png Umm, what ?:smallconfused:

Squark
2008-01-11, 07:53 AM
Or maybe a regular guy bought some armor that looks like a stormtrooper/killed one for it.

And I know what his face looks like. I wanted this guy to stand out/ Not be a stormtrooper/clonetrooper.

I'd say my guy is Lawful Neutral.
My guy basically doesn't care who he serves, he's just too lazy to work out a plan for Evil/Good. So he's really Lawful Apathetic.

*sigh* It would be a lot harder than you think. Why? because the armor he's wearing is COMMANDO armor... Not to mention the fact that Astral 32 is the only one with that color scheme (And that was only after Order 66. He felt that the Clone Army was used (even more than usual) and decided to paint his armor the Mandalorian Colors of Justice and Revenge, Gold and Black). Now, if you had the credits... You might be able to get one of the 5000 something sets that belonged to the dead commandos, but it would be through the black market. Which actually works well with the disruptor rifle you're using, since Disruptor Technology is Illegal.

yoshi927
2008-01-11, 09:19 AM
Umm, what ?:smallconfused:In the last panel of Illiterate's docking comic, Fort Longcat seems to be coming out of a portal. I was making a joke based off of that.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-01-11, 09:23 AM
Okay, even I thought that was way too in-depth there Squark :smallbiggrin:

Keris
2008-01-11, 09:56 AM
Right, I've got my first set of Plot #3 templates, if anything is wrong Wolfman/Undertaker/Yoshi, then just tell me.
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z257/kerisrain/3characters.png

Also, just for fun, a futuristic Yeril!
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z257/kerisrain/robo-yeril.png

Yeril
2008-01-11, 11:04 AM
@^ Awesome :D

Anyway

My ABR PLOT 3 Character;

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/Yerileikre/YerilHalo.png

Yeckle is a nifty Kobold gunman, using his small size as an advantage. Prefering to use high tech equiptment over magic he collected, modified, and built an assortment of equiptment.

Most notable of his possesions are those that are Covenant Alien Technowlegy, His weapon of choice is a Needler Shiny Homing Crystal Launcher, and he also carries a Jackal personal shield Laser Shield thingy and serveral Plasma Sticky Energy Grenades. Because of his use of this equiptment, he has on occasion found himself the target of a certian Spartan Trojan. Don't Sue

Undertaker798
2008-01-11, 11:10 AM
Very good, Keris. :smallwink:

Szilard
2008-01-11, 11:11 AM
I really like the future, I might make a character. How many generations back is this into Avabroy history?

Keris
2008-01-11, 11:16 AM
Far too many. It's set a long time before even the Dragon Wars.

Szilard
2008-01-11, 11:25 AM
Then I guess I'll make it Szilard's Great Great great greatgreatgreatgreatgreat... uncle.

Wolfman42666
2008-01-11, 12:40 PM
Right, I've got my first set of Plot #3 templates, if anything is wrong Wolfman/Undertaker/Yoshi, then just tell me.
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z257/kerisrain/3characters.png

Nothing wrong with that at all. In fact its so awesome I'm going to change the colour scheme to that one:smallbiggrin:

Fawkes
2008-01-11, 02:00 PM
*sigh* It would be a lot harder than you think. Why? because the armor he's wearing is COMMANDO armor... Not to mention the fact that Astral 32 is the only one with that color scheme (And that was only after Order 66. He felt that the Clone Army was used (even more than usual) and decided to paint his armor the Mandalorian Colors of Justice and Revenge, Gold and Black). Now, if you had the credits... You might be able to get one of the 5000 something sets that belonged to the dead commandos, but it would be through the black market. Which actually works well with the disruptor rifle you're using, since Disruptor Technology is Illegal.

:smalleek: I will never refer to myself as a Star Wars nerd ever again.

On an unrelated note, on Sunday, I will be returning to college, and will begin to work on comics again. Expect Nobody to have an internal monologue strip, Philippe to return, and a new character to appear in Plot 3.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-01-11, 02:31 PM
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff250/IlliterateScribe_album/submission.png

Anonymous. It does not forget; it does not forgive.

Or, perhaps, something went wrong somewhere along the line. Assuming the form of a certain paladin of ill repute, this mysterious, nameless figure is strange in her ways, but appears to have arrived in Avbaroy with some sort of Unfathomable Objective™ that, as confirming to Plot regulations, will remain vague and ill-defined until some sort of dramatic moment, and/or the immediate requirement of a Deus Ex Machina deployable to counter plot derailing/railroading.

Anon., as the above description might suggest, possess a greater awareness of the mechanisms behind the plot, and the mythical 'server' that sustains the universe upon which it runs. This results in an aptitude in the manipulation of many types of programming language, turning it directly into real, cel-shaded, objects, or modifying the environment. For example, she could make incarnate the phrase 'rm -rf', which -

OK, I used a different comic style, but I'm trying other stuff out at the moment. Possibly even some proper hand-drawn strips. See my avatar for the OotS version - she's effectively Miko with green skin and a sharp business suit. Also note - no visible eyes.

Also, I call a vote for one of the few rules of the third plot - no references to Portal. Not that it's not a great game, but once someone gets an Aperture Science handheld portal device, everyone'll want one.:smallbiggrin:

Thoughts?

Wolfman42666
2008-01-11, 02:38 PM
Also, I call a vote for one of the few rules of the third plot - no references to Portal. Not that it's not a great game, but once someone gets an Aperture Science handheld portal device, everyone'll want one.:smallbiggrin:
Thoughts?

If we're nipping overpowered abilities from games in the bud? Lets kill a few from Metroid:smallwink: No scan visors or super-missiles. Seriously they killed anything resembling balance in that game. Best parts of the game:smallbiggrin:

Shades of Gray
2008-01-11, 04:29 PM
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/g17478.png

Rodriguez

A mercenary, who has received most of his gear from the black market. He wields a laser SMG. He wears a laser proof vest. He got involved when (name) hired him as a (bodyguard/assasin/soldier)

Eita
2008-01-11, 05:49 PM
Tempted to join the third plot. On the evil side that shall destroy this golden technological age and bring in the backdrop of the Dragon Wars.

BRC
2008-01-11, 06:01 PM
Whats plot 3 and where do I sign up.
I see, working on a chararcter.

yoshi927
2008-01-11, 06:17 PM
No problems with mine either, although I was envisioning a normal pen and paper sign, I might just take your one and have it double as a laser gun. :smallbiggrin:

JasonDoomsblade
2008-01-11, 06:39 PM
I want to join the 3rd plot too. I'll probably use the Ogre Ninja in my sigatar, to save time from making a brand new character.:smalltongue:

Shades of Gray
2008-01-11, 07:30 PM
I've come to a dilemma. Which is cooler, a rifle, or two pistols, or pistol and sword.

JasonDoomsblade
2008-01-11, 07:32 PM
I've come to a dilemma. Which is cooler, a rifle, or two pistols, or pistol and sword.

Pistol and Sword.

BRC
2008-01-11, 07:43 PM
*Ahem*
Grathnal
Grathnal an Orak Mercenary from a region of icy tundra known as the Grand Tusk, so named for the massive tusks that beasts of that region are known to have. Oraks are green skinned humanoids known for their mercenary forces. Oraks are dependable highly skilled soliders, however since invading their homeland isn't worth the effort most of their fighting experience comes from being mercenaries. Its not unusal to find a battle with Orak mercenaries fighting on both sides without hesitation. They stick to their contracts to the letter and never make another deal until their contract has expired, making them popular for use when there is a possibility that the employers have an enemy inside their organization.
Grathnal has been hired by House Haalu to help with the investigation.
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w27/bloddyredcommie/flowRoot5362.png
Grathnal wears a thick green greatcoat and a combined helmet/gas mask at almost all times. Almost all Oraks wear similar clothing for warmth and to protect themselves in case they are stuck in a blizzad. Grathnals greatcoat is armored and underneath he wears a bodysuit that can regulate his temperature so he feels more comfortable. Though it looks somthing like an oxygen tank the pair of cylanders on his back are actually a duel-part backpack. Orak mercenaries keep their gear on at almost all times in order to prevent themselves from becoming too familiar with their employers.
The thing on his hand is not an arm attatchment Ala Samus, he's holding it, it's a "Iceshredder" multilaser, it's got a slow rate of fire but a lots of stopping power.
(yes, he is an Orc, but at this point orcs have human levels of intelligence

Forrestfire
2008-01-11, 08:14 PM
I'd like to join the 3rd plot

Karnix
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee26/ustaaz/hsahdhsdf.png
Karnix the red dragon is a cyborg. Because of an accident that occured when he was still in an egg, Karnix does not age and cannot breathe fire or use magic. Due to his disabilities, he sought out an engineer who could create an artificial Draconis Fundamentum. Some of the other things that he has had installed into his body over the years are a force field generator and lights in his eyes that can produce a flash similar to a flash grenade. His artificial Draconis Fundementum gives him the ability to breathe fire, acid, ice, and lightning

Squark
2008-01-11, 08:18 PM
:smalleek: I will never refer to myself as a Star Wars nerd ever again.

On an unrelated note, on Sunday, I will be returning to college, and will begin to work on comics again. Expect Nobody to have an internal monologue strip, Philippe to return, and a new character to appear in Plot 3.

Oh, I'm not a star wars nerd. A star wars nerd would have added a lecture on the exploits of commandos.

Shades of Gray
2008-01-11, 08:18 PM
Ok. I still can't decide what weapon combo is best. I will likely go with all of them:smallbiggrin: .

Here's some pic's of him in action!

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/g28602.png

Squark
2008-01-11, 08:23 PM
I still say, since you stole my armor design, you should at least take my suggestion on using the Temlos Disruptor Rifle, which is awesome, anyway. To put it bluntly, it's a sniper rifle that disintegrated people at full charge. To be fair, all disruptors disintegrate things.

JasonDoomsblade
2008-01-11, 08:26 PM
I suppose I should say this.

Mugius
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd224/JasonDoomsblade/Mugius.png
This is the guy I'm using for the 3rd plot btw.

Mugius is a Half Ogre Ninja, from the Barren Lands of Tol Donor. He was once an assasin for hire, until the day he met Jason and Sylvia. The 2 saved his life when he failed to kill Bruss Svernkaergo, the Vampire King. The 3 travelled together for a time, and then parted ways. He now wanders the land in search of paying clients.

BRC
2008-01-11, 08:26 PM
I still say, since you stole my armor design, you should at least take my suggestion on using the Temlos Disruptor Rifle, which is awesome, anyway. To put it bluntly, it's a sniper rifle that disintegrated people at full charge. To be fair, all disruptors disintegrate things.

except the ones that disrupt things.
Also shades, I'd advise against taking Squark's advice. not that there is anything wrong with it, it's just that I have an uncanny feeling that Squark will jump on you if you get some detail wrong in terms of it's use/power level/whatever.

Shades of Gray
2008-01-11, 08:45 PM

Is that the weapon I drew you using? Cause I don't know what a temlos dirsuptor.

Squark
2008-01-11, 08:52 PM
Is that the weapon I drew you using? Cause I don't know what a temlos dirsuptor.

It just looked like one, so I called it one. It's from Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast

Shades of Gray
2008-01-11, 09:07 PM
Random fun comic with my new templates.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/g57895-1.png

Eita
2008-01-11, 09:10 PM
I'd like to join the 3rd plot

Karnix
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee26/ustaaz/hsahdhsdf.png
Karnix the red dragon is a cyborg. Because of an accident that occured when he was still in an egg, Karnix does not age and cannot breathe fire or use magic. Due to his disabilities, he sought out an engineer who could create an artificial Draconis Fundamentum. Some of the other things that he has had installed into his body over the years are a force field generator and lights in his eyes that can produce a flash similar to a flash grenade. His artificial Draconis Fundementum gives him the ability to breathe fire, acid, ice, and lightning

Aww.... So much for my storyline...

Forrestfire
2008-01-11, 09:28 PM
Aww.... So much for my storyline...

What did I do to ruin you storyline?

Eita
2008-01-11, 10:43 PM
By making dragons. My storyline involved the creation of dra-

Hmm... With a few changes in your backstory you could be a failed prototype...

Wolfman42666
2008-01-12, 03:49 AM
I suppose I should say this.
The 2 saved his life when he failed to kill Bruss Svernkaergo, the Vampire King.

Well, you just killed my idea to have Vampires not exist, then as magic grows stronger, they're created as a failed experiment-or something more sinister.
I need to think of a new angle:smallsigh::smalltongue:

Lyinginbedmon
2008-01-12, 04:58 AM
Well, you just killed my idea to have Vampires not exist, then as magic grows stronger, they're created as a failed experiment-or something more sinister.
I need to think of a new angle:smallsigh::smalltongue:

Vampirism is a disease, so you could say it was created by a scientist working on bio weapons or a Cancer Mage or something

Narrator
2008-01-12, 05:35 AM
Squark, are you comicbook guy?! :smallwink:

Illiterate Scribe
2008-01-12, 05:39 AM

Dual wielded shotguns, with an auto loader. :smallamused:

Lyinginbedmon
2008-01-12, 05:50 AM
Ever seen Haloid?

Yeah, that kind of shotgun wielding :smallamused:

Eita
2008-01-12, 05:51 AM
Oh Lying. You and your massacres.

Bayar
2008-01-12, 07:22 AM
umm...would disruptors be overpowered? yes...is there a way to stop someone from disrupting you? I know one...from Tiberian Sun, it is a GDI unit, a Disrupter, some kind of tank, which shootsa disrupter beam continuosly at a target, until it is destroyed. The sweet thing is that this unit is immune to other disrupters. But I dont like overpowered, so dont make me get an abomination like a Mammoth Mk II combined with the Goliath from UT2004...because Avbaroy would get preety much ****ed :smallbiggrin:

JasonDoomsblade
2008-01-12, 07:48 AM
Vampirism is a disease, so you could say it was created by a scientist working on bio weapons or a Cancer Mage or something

I made Bruss to be the very first Vampire created. If you like, I'll make a picture of him.

Emperor Ing
2008-01-12, 10:16 AM
AWK!! Im being torn apart inside! :eek:

Forrestfire
2008-01-12, 10:28 AM
By making dragons. My storyline involved the creation of dra-

Hmm... With a few changes in your backstory you could be a failed prototype...

oh...

I like the idea with the failed prototype. It explains why he has no magic or a natural breath weapon...But he does not know about being a failed prototype, so he is searching for other dragons that are not there...

Squark
2008-01-12, 11:27 AM
umm...would disruptors be overpowered? yes...is there a way to stop someone from disrupting you? I know one...from Tiberian Sun, it is a GDI unit, a Disrupter, some kind of tank, which shootsa disrupter beam continuosly at a target, until it is destroyed. The sweet thing is that this unit is immune to other disrupters. But I dont like overpowered, so dont make me get an abomination like a Mammoth Mk II combined with the Goliath from UT2004...because Avbaroy would get preety much ****ed :smallbiggrin:

Well, because the technolog is rare, Personal Shields don't block Disruptors... At least, they didn't at the time of the jedi civil war. Also, the Temlos Disruptor was just an Amazingly powerful blast at full power. Most Disruptors would just disintegrate whatever they hit...

Also, Narrator, ??? I don't read comic books.

Lastly, if you want to see Star Wars Nerds, go to the Wizards of the Coast Star Wars Boards. EVERYONE there knows at least as much as me, and usually more. a LOT more.

Forrestfire
2008-01-12, 11:30 AM
*looks at star wars boards on the wotc forums*
:eek:
And I thought that I was a star wars nerd, I mean, knowing the names of the vehicles and some of the weapons and droids...

Shades of Gray
2008-01-12, 11:47 AM
This SO needed to be done.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/g93353.png

JasonDoomsblade
2008-01-12, 11:51 AM
This SO needed to be done.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/g93353.png

LOL.:smallbiggrin:

Ichneumon
2008-01-12, 11:54 AM
I must resist the urge to join this plot...:smallamused: