PDA

View Full Version : In the Name of the King?!?

EmeraldRose
2007-12-23, 09:13 PM
Dungeon Siege movie?!

O.o

I find myself astounded that there will be a movie made of one of my favorite games...

...I hope it isn't horrible!

Anyone heard of this?

Mephisto
2007-12-23, 09:19 PM
...I hope it isn't horrible!

... it's Uwe Boll, how can it not be horrible?

EmeraldRose
2007-12-23, 09:22 PM
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with Uwe Boll....?

Is he a bad actor?

Thinker
2007-12-23, 09:24 PM
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with Uwe Boll....?

Is he a bad actor?

Bad movie maker...think House of the Dead, Bloodrayne, and Alone in the Dark.

EmeraldRose
2007-12-23, 09:26 PM
Awwww....:smallfrown:

And I was hoping for just a moment, that it'd be a worthwhile flick!

Icewalker
2007-12-23, 09:31 PM
Oh god, Uwe Boll...

This (http://loadingreadyrun.com/videos/view/53/PSA%3A+Uwe+Boll) video taught me everything I know about Uwe Boll...:smallsigh:

EvilElitest
2007-12-23, 09:33 PM
Bad movie maker...think House of the Dead, Bloodrayne, and Alone in the Dark.

My eyesssssssssssssssssssss

from,
EE

Icewalker
2007-12-23, 09:46 PM
Oh yeah, another note, which comes up in that video:

A loophole in some German tax law allows you to make money if a movie fails...by intentionally making failures of movies he can be more successful...

Gig_Complex
2007-12-23, 10:00 PM
What truly scares me, besides the fact that Uwe Boll is directing another movie that could have been good if they tried, is that Jason Statham will be starring in it as the lead character and I normally associate his name with at least mediocre if not great work.

That and the fact that from the trailers I've seen it has nothing to do with the game which is a usual Boll movie.

JadedDM
2007-12-24, 02:08 AM
For those who don't know who Uwe Boll is:

Behold! (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/UweBoll)

I heard he was trying to get the license to produce a Legacy of Kain movie. I sincerely hope that doesn't work out.

...is that Jason Statham will be starring in it as the lead character and I normally associate his name with at least mediocre if not great work.

I'm more upset that John Rhys-Davies (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Rhys-Davies) is involved. :(

Hasivel
2007-12-24, 06:56 AM
Uwe Boll has a near-supernatural ability to snag high-quality actors for his atrocities. It's remarkable really, most of them have surprisingly good actors considering his movies appear to be several cuts below B-grade.

I suspect it's because his movies only take about a week to make so he slots them in during a week in which several good actors are between real films.

Hermit
2007-12-24, 07:47 AM
There are trailers around actually:
Here's One (http://youtube.com/watch?v=2cGhxixal5A)

It seems to be what you get if you rip off LotR with a minimal budget and a lack of a decent script

bluish_wolf
2007-12-24, 07:54 AM

A loophole in some German tax law allows you to make money if a movie fails...by intentionally making failures of movies he can be more successful...

Sounds like The Producers.

Bavarian itP
2007-12-24, 08:44 AM
The loophole was closed in the latest errata of the german laws :smallwink:

Thinker
2007-12-24, 12:59 PM
The loophole was closed in the latest errata of the german laws :smallwink:

Yes, but it still applies to any movies that were "in production" when it was closed, which according to German Law could just be having rights secured.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-12-24, 02:02 PM
Sounds like The Producers.
In fact, I'm pretty sure the only reason he makes video game movies is because you couldn't legally show Springtime for Hitler in Germany.

LCR
2007-12-24, 02:23 PM

Reminds me of The Producers. Great movie/musical.

Rare Pink Leech
2007-12-24, 06:07 PM
Didn't notice that Uwe Boll is the director when I saw the trailer. Explains why the movie looks terrible even from the trailer.