PDA

View Full Version : Sicko [non-americans, please do not laugh hysterically]

BURNhollywoodBURN
2007-12-24, 06:49 PM
So I saw Michael Moore's "Sicko" today. I swear, it made me want to kill myself. All throughout the movie, I just wanted to turn it off and cry myself to sleep. Why? Because of the words burned into my mind that will stay there until I soak it in some GOP acid:
WHY ARE WE SO STUPID!?!?!
For those of you who haven't seen Sicko, basically what Moore does is bash the health insurance company into bits, and if that wasn't bad enough, he compares it with other nations. This made me cry because:

They don't have insurance.
Going to the doctor doesn't cost anything.
In England, they pay you.
IT WORKS!!!

All the money goes to taxes, which, as observed by Moore, doesn't affect foreign families at all! Now that you may be bashing your head against an American flag, he just has to take it one step further by going back to the states, focusing on a new "health plan": Throw everyone who can't afford their medical bill onto the streets and into insurance companies. Feel like killing yourself? Well, you might as well when he travels into 9-11 workers, ones that weren't paid or told to help dig up ground zero and did anyway, and how many of them got respiratory diseases, the government shrugged them off. I'm not even going to comment here. Furthermore, because he is probably laughing at your tortured patriotic soul, he investigates a camp where all terrorists or anyone who is considered a threat to America get sent to. Why? Because they all get better health care than some citizens. So he takes a group of people (people that he talked about throughout the course of the movie) into that area, asking for health care for them. Taken away, he goes to the non-American part of Cuba, where Americans think is the home of Lucifer, who overthrown the old dictator, who people liked, and replaced it with himself: Fidel Castro, who, after taking over Cuba, had given his citizens amazing health care. Go figure. In there, all of Moore's crew were treated amazingly without payment, except for some pills and inhalers which were about $0.5 in pesos. Of course, you've probably seen the movie if you are posting here, so I'm not going to go any further. My point is, America has just extremely failed in health care. FAILED. Michael Moore, through a movie, gave our country an F- last summer.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-12-24, 06:54 PM
I honestly try and stay away from anything Michael Moore does. I don't believe what he does are true documentaries. He's got an agenda that he wants to push, and that's what he does. I think all his work is propagandist BS.

SensFan
2007-12-24, 06:55 PM
Canadian Health Care is free...

edit in response to post above: Funny, I feel much of the same way about Bush, and his policies...

puppyavenger
2007-12-24, 06:56 PM
I honestly try and stay away from anything Michael Moore does. I don't believe what he does are true documentaries. He's got an agenda that he wants to push, and that's what he does. I think all his work is propagandist BS.

politicians have an agenda to push to, so should we treat everything the goverment says as BS?

Solo
2007-12-24, 06:58 PM
politicians have an agenda to push to, so should we treat everything the goverment says as BS?

I do.

I prefer to do my own investigation/research/talk with a dorm-mate who is exceedingly well versed in political affairs rather than believe what the politicians tell me to.

Anyways, yeah, American's have worse health care than, say, Cuba.

On the other hand, we do have more freedoms.

No one's perfect.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-12-24, 06:59 PM

Most of it is. Guys, I'd be careful. With this topic, this thread could easily get locked.

kpenguin
2007-12-24, 06:59 PM
This is not political how?:smallconfused:

puppyavenger
2007-12-24, 07:00 PM
Canadian Health Care is free...

edit in response to post above: Funny, I feel much of the same way about Bush, and his policies...

also qyoted for tuth.

Roland St. Jude
2007-12-24, 07:06 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Real world politics is not an appropriate topic for these boards. Please review the Forum Rules.