PDA

View Full Version : Infernal Dictum IC



Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-12-27, 05:05 AM
The gore-choked wastes of Avernus. the ground, brown, orange and red. Jagged rocks and corpses litter the wasteland from the constant battle that ensues here. Here and there are signs of civilization. Darkspine, a blackened city, once belonging to the outlands, it now resides on the top layer of Hell. The Pig and Poke is a barren tavern now run by a single woman, a Harvester Devil by the name of Jebelam. She wears flesh-like black robes though cut in all the right places to make it rather revealing.

The other patrons in the tavern are just an erinyes male and a figure in black with a hood drawn to conceal his face. Outside the windows the sky is black, rivers of blood flow past and fireballs collide with the ground at random. You are The Infernal Dictum, a law enforcement agency which down at it's core, is simply a inquisitorial mod squad used by Dispater to enforce his tyranny over all of Hell and bring down his rivals and enemies.

On Avernus you have been assigned to monitor a battle of the blood war which is raging near the Pig and Poke. The hellish forces consist mostly of Bel's armies but a few armies of both Mephistopheles and Baalzebuul are here aswell to aid the particularly vicious battle, Maladominaar and The Serpentine Order, respectively. Baalzebuul is the greatest enemy of both Mephistopheles and Dispater.

The main threat, however is the forces of the ruthless, walking engines of destruction, the Tanar'ri who will rest at nothing to rip you apart just for fun. Keep your eye out for them as much as you would your allies...

TheMeanDM
2007-12-27, 06:31 AM
The tall, robed Man of Wrath you have come to know as Simhadrin seems to glide across the tavern floor as he moves near one of the windows of the Pig and Poke.

His head turns toward the distant horizon, his four red eyes looking off to where the forces of Chaos were clashing with the forces of the devils.

Internal Thoughts:
How he wished for the Baatezu and Tanar'ri to just simply destroy each other. It's what they deserved, truly. But this was his life, now. His swords going to those that would pay.

The gaunt Salamandrine sighs deeply, then turns back toward his traveling companions.


http://www.geocities.com/jason_miltenberger/barlowe_salamandrines.jpg

Skelengar
2007-12-27, 09:49 AM
Thixis Skelengar enters the bar. He glances at the barmaid, but quickly turns his gaze to the other patrons.

Internal Thoughts:
An intresting looking group. Perhaps they will be useful to me. Only one way to find out.

Skelengar stands at a part of the room so as to catch everyone in the cone and manifests Read Thoughts.

Threeshades
2007-12-27, 03:43 PM
The glowing restless eyes of Szivar are constantly wandering about the room mistrustfully and her fingers curl up and stretch back out beneath the pair of blades strapped to the backs of her hands ready to spring forth and pierce the flesh of anyone trying take a swing at any member of the Dictum.

"It's useless just to stand around and waiting for something to happen..."

Telling this more to herself than to the rest of the group, Szivar strides elegantly over to the bar and stops near Jebelam.
Without even bothering to kindly ask for her attention or making eye contact with the tavern keeperSzivar starts talking:

"Tell me anything you know about what has been going on here in the past days. Especially regarding Baalzebul's forces and the Tanar'ri."

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-12-27, 06:31 PM
Jebelam eyes Szivar, with her sudden up-frontness. She holds her tray as she gives a drink in an obsidian glass to the cloaked figure. "Don't know much, really. I know they're here doing what all armies up here do, fighting the demons... and each other, as usual."
An eldritch sigil appears beneath her tray and allows it to float there as she puts her hands on her hips. "But I'm just the barkeep, so do you want a drink or not?"

demihappycow
2007-12-27, 09:52 PM
The door to the tavern opens and with much creaking and clanking Willow Grey ducks through the too short entrance. His highest branches brush the ceiling forcing him to crouch slightly as he plods into the room, slowly rotating his body back and forth (causing more creaking and clanking) as he looks about for a table large enough to seat his enormous form.
"Things seem"*long sighing intake of breath*"quiet enough out there. I believe I shall"*long sigh*"tend to my branches for"*deep breath*"a little while."
Settling himself down at an oversized table Willow draws forth a small rough stone, a rag, and a bottle of oil and begins smoothing and polishing his branches.

TheMeanDM
2007-12-27, 10:57 PM
"Nice to see you again, Willow." Simhadrin says to the towering treant.

It'd been a few months since he had been introduced to him in the garden, but he immediately knew him.

Willow was one of those unforgettable....creatures. Once you'd met him, you never forgot him.

demihappycow
2007-12-27, 11:31 PM
"You as"*breathes in*"well... little fleshling. I don't suppose these lands have yielded... any information to your"*creaking inhale*"natural expertise?"

Willow felt an odd kinship with the Salamandrian Man, born perhaps of their mutual attunement with a natural world largely absent from the plane on which they reside. Or maybe just that he could walk through the garden without damaging any of the plant life, a feat many infernal visitors seemed incapable of.

TheMeanDM
2007-12-28, 09:45 AM
"Not much, no. The armies are doing what armies do best. Fighting, killing, destroying." the Man of Wrath shakes his head. He looks out the window again, a frown creasing his face. "Maybe someday it won't have to be like this."

He half-whispers "Today is not that day, though." He turns back around.

"I do not know why The Serpentine Order is here. This does not seem the type of battle that they would prefer. This has been a grinding, stand-up fight, from what I have seen." he shrugs his shoulders.

"The Maladominaar, though...they have been very important in Lord Bel's maneuvers, it would seem. But the demons, they keep coming, and coming, and coming...as they always do."

Skelengar
2007-12-28, 06:22 PM
Skelengar laughs a cold, uncaring laugh, remaining where he is.

Yes. They'll keep coming and coming, relentlessly crusading to destroy the gods and all they hold dear. Not much different then the devils, are they. Yet they fight, when they really share a common goal. As do I. He walks over to the table and sits. "But perhaps we would be better off without them. Some certainly would. He glances at Simhadrin. "Sometimes, I agree with them.

With that, Skelengar stood up. "Bartender, a round of drinks for my associates. He turned back to the table. "Don't take it personal. It's just a formality. But what isn't in this plane? Nevertheless, I must put up with you all, for I need access to Dispater's information network for my personal projects.

Skelengar walked over to the other patrons of the bar. "Okay, let's make this quick. Who are you guys, and what do you know that might interest me? Perticularly about the nearby battle and it's participants."

demihappycow
2007-12-28, 11:16 PM
Willow Grey continues polishing his branches, with a low hollow chuckle.

"What"*inhale*"do you... suppose it is that makes fleshlings with"*creaking breath*"those 'mind powers' so very arrogant?" Willow asks Simhadrin quietly. "Do all those... meaty bits you lot run on..."*deep sigh*"make it more difficult to be... respectful to those"*groaning inward breath*"who could destroy you... on a... whim? I mean, one never knows"*deep breath*"when a stranger might be"*long pause as he has forgotten what he was saying*"able to crush you out of hand. Which implies, to my mind, that courtesy... is the wisest course."

Finishing speaking, Willow gently lowers the root balls that serve as his feet into great metal tubs containing the mixture of blood and water that he takes in place of a drink.

More loudly he then continues "I would not be concerned about the Tanar'ri overly much."*long sigh*"In open... warfare like this they are woefully inferior to disciplined... Baatezu forces."*rattling inhale and exhale*"Only through... individual treachery... and unusual single action have they... any real chance at making"*deep creaking breath*"even small gains in open... warfare."

As he speaks Willow rubs oil deeply into the joints of his arm and hand branches, twisting and bending each afterward, maintaining proper flexibility despite the inherent stiffness and rigidity of his massive form.

TheMeanDM
2007-12-29, 09:35 AM
Simhadrin nods in agreement with Willow.

"This one would do well to know his place and lend more....respect...to those he will be traveling with."

His four red eyes turn their gaze upon the devil.

"I have seen the Weeping Wounds. I have walked in the Infernal Garden. I have served every lord. All know me by name. There are few devils I respect, and you are not one of them."

"Know that I have killed your kind since the time I could grasp a sword. I would not seek to give me any more reason to kill you than I already have...which is your very existence."

(for skelanger)

If your read thoughts continues, you see an image of Asmodeus upon his throne, speaking to whom you assume to be Simhadrin. You see the Infernal Garden that is in Nessus (home to Asmodeus) and Willow tending it. You see a flash of numerous devils dying at the hands of this man.



"We will learn what we shall learn in time. I have made you aware of what I know, now how about you do the same?"

Skelengar
2007-12-29, 10:20 AM
A telepathic message rings out in Simhadrin's head.

How dare you speak to my master like that! He could kill you right now without a second thought!

"You'll have to excuse me for a moment." Skelengar turns away from the men he was interrogating, and takes a purple crystal out of his pocket. "Don't you ever act without my consent again!" He hurls the crystal into the wall, where it falls to the floor.

Skelengar walks over to Simhadrin. "I sincerely apologize for the rudeness of my Psycrystal. It speaks the truth though. Not that I have any wish to kill you."

"As for what you said and thought, I assure you that I am not your enemy. That is all I will say in public, but if you truly want to know who I am, meet me in private. I wouldn't normally tell anyone, but we are more alike then you realize."

He walks back to the other patrons. "I apologize for the interruption. I am still waiting on answers to my questions, and I would prefer to not have to resort to less friendly methods. Answer truthfully, I will know if you lie.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-12-29, 12:04 PM
There is a creaking, tearing sound as space is torn and primordially raped as a fissure opens for just a split second and a creature is formed from it's very core out, bones, organs, muscles and skin all growing in place in an instant as a small reddish-black creature appears there with glowing embers for eyes, leathery wings, small twisted horns and a barbed stinger of a tail. It's burning red pinpricks of eyes flare as the glowing sigil of Dispater appears floating between it's wings.
In infernal, it speaks; "I've a message..." In a burst of acrid smoke, a yellowed scroll of parchment appears in its claws. "You've got work to do..." It sets the scroll down and stand away from it as if no longer guarding it.
Let's wait for Ellas to indicate his existence, shall we?

TheMeanDM
2007-12-29, 09:05 PM
Simhadrin walks up to the scroll and takes it off the table. He waves his hand toward the devil, as if dismissing it.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-12-29, 09:25 PM
The imp scowls and with the sound of a tibia being broken and with a small blast of more acrid, black smoke, it disappears. The red, glowing sigil remains in place for a few moments before it fades.

Skelengar
2007-12-29, 10:12 PM
Skelengar is still trying to interrogate the other patrons, and doesn't notice the coming and going of the messanger. "It would not be wise to continue to ignore me. I could eisily kill you both."

Aren't imps demons?

demihappycow
2007-12-29, 10:31 PM
Branches shaking with laughter Willow speaks, "Hah ha hoo! How foolish must our"*inhale*"posturing appear. Let us have done with it, eh little fleshling? It seems we have"*deep breath*"been sent a task."

If I recall correctly, Imps are devils and Quasits are demons.

TheMeanDM
2007-12-29, 10:37 PM
ooc:

Just to clarify, you're trying to talk to the hooded man and the bartender, right?

Skelengar
2007-12-29, 10:42 PM
Skelengar turns. "Well I can't just leave them unpunished, can I? That would damage my reputation. But I would rather not be brash and kill them..."

i'm talking to the hooded man and the erinyes

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-12-29, 11:42 PM
The erinyes simply looks at you with menace in his eyes and continue drinking his angel's blood whiskey. The hooded figure doesn't even pay you attention.

Don't worry about my knowledge of the beings of the lower planes, I am something of an expert on the subject. Most especially when it comes to determining the differences between demons and devils.

TheMeanDM
2007-12-30, 12:49 AM
Skelengar turns. "Well I can't just leave them unpunished, can I? That would damage my reputation. But I would rather not be brash and kill them..."

i'm talking to the hooded man and the erinyes

"I highly recommend that you leave them alone. If you tried to "punish" every person that decided not to speak to you in a 'public' place, I suspect you would find yourself very dead very quickly."

Simhadrin reads the message, and passes it off to Willow next.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-12-30, 02:56 AM
To anyone who's read the note.
The message is written in dark red ink and in well organized and meticulously scrawled out Infernal, it reads;

The Serpentine Order is passing Darkspine. You are to congress with them as soon as each member of Infernal Dictum has joined with the whole of the group. Maladominaar will at some point join The Serpentine Order on the battlefield against the Tanar'ri on the fields of Avernus.
The Iron Duke wishes you great defense and fortitude in the anarchic eyes of the creatures of the abyss and the silvered daggers of Maladomini that will do no more than caress your iron backs.


-Ekmot, the Iron-wrought Archivist as denoted by the great hall of Dispater

Skelengar
2007-12-30, 09:53 AM
"True." Skelengar turns back to the patrons. "Alright, you're off this time." Skelengar walks over and reads it over Willow's shoulder.

Threeshades
2007-12-30, 04:11 PM
Szivar who has left the Bartender alone without any further appreciation of her rather unsatisfying answer also appears next to Willow to read the note.

Without looking up from the scroll she starts speaking: "I was wondering what role the Serpentine Order is playing in this battle. Hopefully this will help us find out more."

Skelengar
2007-12-31, 09:56 AM
"Ideally." Losing interest, he continues, "You know, I could have killed them easily. Just two manifestations of Psychic Crush. Possibly a third for the bartender, to eliminate witnesses..."

Skelengar reaches into his pocket for his psycrystal and looks surprised. He looks around the bar and sees his psycrystal lying on the floor where he threw it. What are you still doing there? Return to me! His psycrystal rises into the air and floats into his open hand. He returns it to his pocket.

Threeshades
2007-12-31, 10:41 AM
Szivar turns to skelengar. The yellow glow in her eyes turned to a bright white. She stares directly into the devils eyes:
"Such a pitiful behaviour. How can one waste such an amount of attention to something so trivial and temporary as a reputation? There are better things to worry about. Such as your very existence. Would you really want to risk your life upon a fruitless attempt to destroy the Salamandrin and the Treant? You stand little chance against them alone. Worse for you, you're standing against them and me. You wouldn't have the time to manifest any of your powers before i buried my blades in your flesh."
She turns her head to the next window.
"Besides you would be much more use for us as a member of the Dictum, than as a short training unit.
And it might be of use for you too. As a mercenary or as a member the service for Dispater is not without profit for the servant."

Skelengar
2007-12-31, 10:56 AM
"Is my existence that valuable, surrounded by the madness that is hell? There is one thing that drives me on. But I won't bore you with my life story. And for the record, I had no intentions of harming any of you."

Skelengar sits down at an empty table, facing away from the rest of the group. He removes his hood, and you see the back of his horribly scarred head. As he looks at his reflection in his drink, he sighs. He looks back to the group, and you see his face, scarred and disfigured by some great force. "Do not pretend you know anything about me." He turns back, and casts Darkness around his table.

Threeshades
2007-12-31, 11:15 AM
The glow in Szivar's eyes fades back to a warm yellow.
"Well then I apologize. I misunderstood your motives.
I don't know you. And I'm not trying to pretend.
Yet what value has reputation in a world in which not even your own existence is of value?"
Her eyes return to their restless state of alertness and start wondering back and fourth in the room again.
"Though it is the individual who decides what existence is worth, not the world around them. It is upon you to make your existence a valuable thing. And I can offer you a way. It will be hard work but that it has always been on every plane of existence. It will pay off for us as well as for you. What do you say?"

TheMeanDM
2007-12-31, 01:27 PM
Simhandrin shakes his head once again.

Next time, I will request to pick my team mates. he thinks to himself, watching the dysfunctional, arrogant telepath cloak himself in darkness. The fool will either get himself killed, or get us all killed.

"So tell us, Szivar, what special talents can you lend to the mission?"

Skelengar
2007-12-31, 03:53 PM
"You may be right. I was never one to burn my bridges behind me.

demihappycow
2007-12-31, 08:57 PM
"I don't... suppose any of you know"*creaking inhale*"where our the other... members of our little group have gotten to? We should be getting on our way..."

Ellas Aramond
2008-01-01, 02:57 AM
As the door once again creaks open, in walks what seems to be a small fiend, complete with red scales, large bat wings, black horns jutting from his forehead, and eyes that seem more akin to orbs of flame. A iron tower is emblazoned on on the shield on his left arm, and a mace hangs from his belt.

Would the members of the Infernal Dictum step forwards. He says in a commanding tone, while his right hand, covered by a gauntlet the color of rust, randomly clenches and unclenches. My name is Di'thuung. I believe that you have been waiting for me.

And for anyone thats fluent in Infernal, will know that Di'thuung means "weapon".

TheMeanDM
2008-01-01, 09:46 AM
The Salamandrine nods his head toward the newcomer.

"Greetings" he says. "I am Simhadrin. This is Willow, Skelanger, and Szivar." he indicates each in turn.

"Please read the scroll which Willow has, it contains our orders."

Skelengar
2008-01-01, 11:30 AM
"A devil. I had thought it was odd that I would be the only devil in the Dictum.

Raven T.
2008-01-01, 11:52 AM
Turivar

A seemingly inconspicuous pile of chains near the bar began to stir. "And I am Turivar." The pile rose up, assuming a mostly humanoid shape. The Kyton set his metal mug on the bar again, gesturing for a refill from the bartender. "Forgive my seeming tardiness, but I had no plans on getting involved in your petty spats over station. I have been here the whole time." Drinking down his infernal ale in one gulp, he wipes the foam from his lips and bows to the others. "My mistress has bid me be here to observe the battle and aid in any way necessary. I had served the Hag Countess for millenia, and now I serve Glasya with the same pride and honor." He gestured to the growths rising from under his chains. "And I have been rewarded.

"But enough about me. It is time for action, not talk." Turning toward Di'thuung, he speaks for the last time. "Then let us go where we are needed. Time may be of the essence."

demihappycow
2008-01-01, 09:59 PM
"Indeed it may, little one."*deep breath*"I believe this is the lot... of us, so off we go..." says Willow, holding open the tavern door and gesturing out.

Ellas Aramond
2008-01-02, 01:36 AM
We have our orders. Di'thuung says after he reads the scroll, handing it back to Willow, and heading out the door. We should make haste to Darkspine.

TheMeanDM
2008-01-02, 09:45 AM
Simhadrin allows the others to leave first, and then follows behind them.

Skelengar
2008-01-02, 01:59 PM
Skelengar leaves the bar, figuring that it wouldn't be long before the baatezu would place themselves in charge.

Raven T.
2008-01-02, 07:08 PM
Turivar

Turivar turns and follows the group, finding a nice spot in the middle...far enough away that he wouldn't be targeted right away should they run into Tanar'ri on the path, but close enough that his chains would still be quite useful. "To Darkspine, then." He was no general; he had followed orders for the entirety of his existence and he had no desire to lead this band in a bloody war.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-02, 09:47 PM
Assuming everyone's coming along.You leave the Pig and Poke, down strangely organic looking stone and iron steps onto the gory landscape, the smell of blood, decay and smoke filling the air. You travel along the beaten bath for many hours, stepping over bodies and pools of blood. It's strangely quiet here, not even the distant sounds of battle can be heard right now...
Everyone make Spot and Listen checks.

Ellas Aramond
2008-01-02, 09:51 PM
Di'thuung
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Raven T.
2008-01-02, 09:55 PM
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

demihappycow
2008-01-02, 11:41 PM
spot[roll0]
listen[roll1]

TheMeanDM
2008-01-03, 07:48 AM
Simhadrin ***** an ear, and his eyes start scanning the landscape.



Listen:

[roll0]

Spot:

[roll1]

Skelengar
2008-01-03, 08:39 AM
Skelengar levetates a few inches into the air to avoid the carnage.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Threeshades
2008-01-03, 10:22 AM
Szivar is walking in the shadow of the Treant.
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-03, 07:57 PM
You all walk across the gore stained path set before you, but as your ears and eyes fail you when you do not detect the creature. Very suddenly, a shape rises against the black background of the clouds and from the corpses that litter the side of the road is what you all know to be a demon.
It's body appears to be a very attractive humanoid female, but with six arms coming from her torso, each ending with vicious talons like a birds. From the waist down is several meters of coiling snake-tail. Her whole body, including her long hair appears black as the smoke in the air and her eyes are a glowing, unholy orange. Her skin also seems cracked, there are strange, wanton glowing sigils running down her back and a white glowing sphere orbiting her head and she immediately strikes with her cadre of black iron weapons.
Before you have time to react she's struck Turivar with her twisted, flaming longsword which also rips a gaping, bloody wound.Turivar takes 16 points of damage and 1 Con damage. This isn't factoring in DR, you do that yourself

Raven T.
2008-01-03, 08:48 PM
Turivar

The cut from the sword did minimal physical damage, but the wound burned with Abyssal fire and Turivar roared defiantly. "KILL HER!" Stepping to his maximum distance from the Marilith, the chains on his shoulders and wrists slithered off, stretching out, and grew wicked barbs. With a mere gesture, all four of them attacked in unison, hungry for the demon's blood.

Initiative: [roll0]
Dancing Chains*:
Attack 1: [roll1]
Attack 2-4: [roll2], [roll3], [roll4], [roll5]
Damage 1: [roll6]
Damage 2-4: [roll7], [roll8], [roll9], [roll10]

Turivar's current stats: HP: 69/78 (From Con. damage...is that permanent loss or just drain?,) 9 Subdual (assuming Regeneration,) AC 33, 13/15/14 saves.

*Dancing Chain always attacks in this order: Rt. Arm (Magic Chain,) Lt. Arm (Alchemical Silver,) Rt. Shoulder (Cold Iron,) and Lt. Shoulder (Adamantine)

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-03, 09:03 PM
It's just Con damage, not drain. Everyone ought to roll initiative before attacking.
Edit: Oh wait, you did roll initiative... Nevermind, everyone else go.

Skelengar
2008-01-03, 09:29 PM
Internal thoughts
And here we have the baatezu giving orders. What else is new? Can't charm it, would look odd to walk around being followed by a Maralith. Oh well, might as well have some fun.

Skelengar mentally reaches out and attempts to invade the Maralith's subconcious and implant destructive urges.

Skelengar manifests Death Urge on the Maralith, augmented by 4 points.

DC=29 (24 +1 from psionatrix + 4 from augmentation)
duration= 3 rounds (1+2 from augmentation)

Raven T.
2008-01-03, 09:30 PM
I accidentally did one too many attack/damage rolls...
Crit confirmation for Adamantine Chain: [roll0]

Skelengar
2008-01-03, 09:34 PM
Initiative=[roll0]

TheMeanDM
2008-01-03, 10:56 PM
With a shrill cry, Simhadrin unleashes the scimitars at his waist. Moving rapidly, he launches himself into a strange, whirling, tumbling "dance", blades slashing through the air. He moves first to the demon's right side, dancing/tumbling past the creature's weapon arms. His flashing scimitars seem to find purchase in the demon's flesh, opening an especially grievous wound.



Tumble past the Marillith on the right side (not through it). Due to Dervish "movement mastery" can take 10 on the tumble check:
10+16=26
Provokes no AoO

Initiative: (1d20+9=27)

Primary Hand Attacks 3x (Bane: Evil Outsiders)
1d20+22=40
1d20+17=33
1d20+12=23

Secondary Hand Attacks 2x (Keen, Ghost Touch)
1d20+22=33
1d20+17=21 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1450958/)

(Forgot to add the +2 Enhancement for Bane. I will add that in after rolling, making the attack rolls for bane weapon: 42, 35, 25

Critical Hit Check from Bane Scimitar (18)
1d20+22=35 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1450961/)
Dang it, again, forgot the +2 in the roll.
Makes the total: 37

Critical Hit Damage
3d6+19=32
3d6+19=34 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1450965/) = 66
+4 Damage for Favored Enemy
+5 Damage from Dervish Dance
+2 Enhancement Bonus from Bane
+2d6 Damage additional from bane
x2 Crit multiplier (2 rolls)

Additional Bane, Non-Critical Damage:
(assuming ALL hit, though I think only 1 actually does


3d6+18=24
3d6+18=30 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1450968/) = 54 (only 24 hits, I think)

Non Bane Scimitar Damage:

1d6+17=20
1d6+17=22 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1450969/) = 42 (though only 22 hits, I think)


2 Weapon Rend (1d6 + 1.5x Str Modifier)
1d6+9=11 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1450974/) = 11

Total Damage that actually hits, before any DR: 66+24+22+11 = 123
(3 hits and Rend damage)

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-04, 12:06 AM
The first two hits of the first sword hit, and the first of the off-hand hits.
Your swords swing, some deflected by some of it's twisted, unholy weapons but 3 attacks get past it's thick skin and flurry of weapons and slices through it. You notice however that seem to drag across the soft parts of the skin without breaking at first but soon cut open. It hisses and shrieks in pain.

Ellas Aramond
2008-01-04, 02:52 AM
Di'thuung glares at the marlith, pulling his mace off his belt. We don't have time to be dealing with the dregs of the abyss. He quickly launches into spellcasting, focusing on the iron tower emblazoned on his shield.

Feel the wrath of Lord Dispater himself! he calls, centering a burst of pure lawful energy on the demon, burning all within it's radius.

Casting Order's Wrath, 30 ft cube centered on the marilith. Caster level check [roll0] to overcome spell resistance, and Will save DC 19 for half damage and to avoid being dazed for 1 round. (non-chaotic creatures aren't dazed no matter what.)

Damage to Chaotic outsiders: [roll1]
Damage to Chaotic/neutral non-outsiders: [roll2] (Neutral creatures take half of this damage)

Ellas Aramond
2008-01-04, 02:59 AM
Also, Initiative: [roll0]

demihappycow
2008-01-04, 04:51 AM
"Wretched Fleshling!" yells Willow, stepping forward and taking two mighty swings of his enormous black blade, which seems to take on a dark luminescence as it nears demonic flesh.
initiative [roll0]
First swing (power attack at -6) to hit: [roll1], damage[roll2].
Second swing to hit: [roll3], damage [roll4].

Threeshades
2008-01-04, 09:47 AM
Seemingly losing all reason Szivar showed before her eyes turn to the white glow again and she releases an angry cry as she dashes forth toward the Demon and releases a flurry of attacks with the blades on the backs of her hands.
Initiative: [roll0]
Attacks with Primary hand
(I use Combat Expertise to take -2 to Attacks and +4 to AC(+2 From Defensive fighting and +2 from Improved TW-Defense)):
1. [roll1]
2. [roll2]
3. [roll3]
4. [roll4]

Off-hand attacks:
1. [roll5]
2. [roll6]


Primary-hand damage:
1. [roll7]
2. [roll8]
3. [roll9]
4. [roll10]

Off-hand damage
1. [roll11]
2. [roll12]

I also assign the Marilith as my enemy for the dodge bonus resulting in an AC of 37 against her and 36 against any other possible enemies.

Skelengar
2008-01-04, 10:42 AM
Oh, right. Spell resistance.
[roll0]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-04, 07:13 PM
Okay, here's the order of initiative;
Simhadrin
Turivar
Di'thuung
Thixis
Szivar
Marilith
Willow

And now for the rest of the attacks.

--
As all of Simhadrin's attacks strike Turivar lashes at the beast with his chains, and all but one strike true, through and around the demon's vicious weapons. Di'thuung's spell surrounds the creature in axiomatic energy but the very essence of the creature manages to overcome the energies leaving it unharmed and with a grin on her face. Thixis likewise attempts to beat his energy into the mind of the beast but fails, with a similar deep, cold fizzling noise that echoes through your minds. As Szivar strikes the beast with a flurry of blades the marilith parries and deflects most of the blows with her flesh, leaving only the first strike to strike true and cause a small amount of nearly black blood to dribble out.
The marilith roars and hisses, unleashing a terrible flurry of blows against everyone. She swings her flaming sword at Simhadrin, slicing across his chest burning flesh and spilling blood. Using the same arch of her swing slashes into Szivar and Turivar. The slash just barely misses any vulnerable parts of her flesh, leaving her unharmed. The sword likewise barely misses Turivar, clattering harmlessly against his chain-covered body. Taking the energy from the failed blow she swings again at Turivar but again it just clatters against his chains.
She slashes with another arm holding an axe at Willow, striking hard, through the plate and into the grey wood, the blade sinking deep. She thrusts again at Szivar with a spear held in another arm, but it thrusts through the open air inches to her left. With a longsword in one of her lower arms she swings again at Willow, but misses him by a mile. She swings yet another time with another longsword at Turivar and drive her weapon deep into a painful nerve in his shoulder, nearly dislocating his arm.
She swings her black scimitar at Simhadrin again and slashes across his upper arm, blood spattering on the ground behind him. And at the last instant of the vicious flurry, she swings her tail at Turivar, but fails to strike hard enough to deal damage or wrap around his body.
Damage dealt(remember, none of this is including DR or resistances);
Simhadrin - 17 slashing, 1 fire, 1 Con, another 17 slashing.
Szivar - Nada.
Willow - 9 slashing.
Turivar - 22 slashing
Willow swings twice at the beast but the marilith, despite her flurry of slashes parries or deflects either blow. She roars and hisses yet again, the cry echoing across the gore-soaked battlefield.

Skelengar
2008-01-04, 08:11 PM
Seeing the Maralith's display of combat prowess, Skelengar floats up out of reach of the Maralith.

I hate it when that happens. Well, can't let that deter me.

Skelengar attempts to force his way into the Maralith's mind and crush its will.

Skelengar casts Psychic Crush. DC is 26.

CL check=[roll0]
Damage if it succeeds at its will save=[roll1]

Raven T.
2008-01-04, 09:19 PM
Turivar

Turivar howls again in pain as the sword punches into his shoulder, but the wound seems to close almost instantly as one of the growths on his body shrivel away, leaving only internal damage for him to deal with later. Furious that the demon had selected him as the focus of her strikes, he backed up again to the maximum of his range and lashes out again.

I mentioned that I went to my maximum range (which we agreed, with Dancing Chain, was 20ft,) so how is it that the Marilith got three seperate weapon attacks, plus the Tail Slap, against me? Either way, I'm retreating again to 20ft with my move, using a Swift action to turn one of my growths (five left now) into [roll0] healing, and regeneration helps take care of the rest, leaving us with some subdual damage and a very irate Kyton.

Another Dancing Chain series:
Attacks: [roll1], [roll2], [roll3], [roll4]
Damages: [roll5], [roll6], [roll7], [roll8]

Edit: by my calculations, I just completely negated the attack (DR5, 15 healing, and Regen. 2)

Threeshades
2008-01-04, 09:49 PM
With a triumphant grin on her black face Szivar continues striking.

I keep up Dodge and Combat Expertise bonuses to AC the way they were last turn.
Primary Hand:
1. [roll0]
2. [roll1]
3. [roll2]
4. [roll3]

Off-hand:
1. [roll4]
2. [roll5]


Damage:
Primary Hand:
1. [roll6]
2. [roll7]
3. [roll8]
4. [roll9]

Off-Hand
1. [roll10]
2. [roll11]

Threeshades
2008-01-04, 09:53 PM
the third Primary attack was a natural 19
Critical confirmation roll: [roll0]
Critical extra damage (in case of success): [roll1]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-04, 10:01 PM
Everyone post their actions for this round in whatever order, but the next could everyone please post in their initiative order? It's a little easier on my imagination and decisions for actions.

Ellas Aramond
2008-01-04, 10:16 PM
Di'thuung grimaces as he watches his spell have no effect against the marilith. But he quickly launches into casting again. Then running into the fray.

Casting Divine Power and moving up to the marilith.

TheMeanDM
2008-01-05, 06:26 PM
This time, Simhadrin dances/tumbles around the backside of the demon, placing the fiend between himself and his allies--his blades once again finding purchase in the Marilith's skin.




same attack mods, but add additional +2 for flanking
Primary:
1d20+26=28
1d20+21=34
1d20+16=21

Secondary:
1d20+26=39
1d20+21=40 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1452495/)
crit check on 2nd offhand attack:
1d20+21=41 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1452505/)


Primary: +4 Damage for Favored Enemy +5 Damage from Dervish Dance +2 Enhancement Bonus from Bane
Secondary: +4 Damage for Favored Enemy +5 Damage from Dervish Dance Primary:
1d6+19+1d6=23 (29 see below)
Secondary:
1d6+17=20
1d6+17=20
Rend:
1d6+9=15 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1452496/)
additional crit damage 1d6+17=22 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1452506/)

forgot to add +1d6 additional for Bane weapon. Only gave it 1d6 instead of 2d6. (1d6=6) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1452499/)

Total Damage before DR: 29+20+42+15 = 106

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-06, 04:03 AM
Hmm... sorry about that Raven, I forgot about that little detail. Let's just say she got it in before you moved or something like that, just for the sake of ease.
As Simhadrin strikes with a flurry of blades all his own the first strike of his primary scimitar is deflected off of the thick skin of her arm, the second hits the same spot and slashes open the weakened flesh but she flinches and move her arm to block it with her spear which suddenly crackles with electricity.
Simhadrin's other hand seems to be a little luckier, she tries to block or deflect each blow with his off-hand scimitar but each of them strikes true, one blow of which manages to tear her arm open, causing it to bleed. The marilith screeches in agony.
The chains all swing at the beast but she manages to wrap the chains around her weapons and fling them off before they can hit her. She lets out an insult in Abyssal(those of you who speak it know it's something a little too filthy to be uttered on these boards) to insult him with a smirk on her face.
The marilith slashes out at Di'thuung as he rushes through her weapons range and barely manages to sink his sword into his flesh, the flaming sword not burning his flesh, but letting blood as it drags through his skin.
Thixis yet again tries beating something into the demon's mind and the psychic echo of a fizzle rings throughout everyone's mind within range, a grin still on the creature's face.
Szivar slashes many times and gets in one blow with each hand, the first actually slicing deep and painfully into her lower-torso. The second slashes across another one of her arms. She hisses as black blood spills from her.
The marilith begins moving her arms and tail and unleashes an onslaught of blows from her many weapons. The energy of the blow she struck against Di'thuung rebounds and swings back down on him at an angle across the chest, hitting hard and slashing over his fresh wound.
She swings again with the same sword with great strength and speed at Simhadrin, slashing up his arm and letting even more blood and searing flesh. A third strike, she takes the momentum of the blow and strikes Willow, but fails to hit anything but his protective armor. She reflexively strikes again at the fiendish treant but the momentum is so skewed now it strikes with even less strength than the last blow.
She swings her off-hand and one of her lower arms at Szivar with a dark metal axe and a black-iron longsword, still wet with Turivar's blood. The axe sinks into her shoulder with a sickening metallic -cling- and the sword rips across her stomach, spattering blood across the already bloody ground.
She lifts her spear up high and thrusts it down at Di'thuung, as the blade impacts through his armor arcs of electricity lash out against his armor and skin but are harmless due to his natural resistance.
She swings her last black longsword at Willow but to her obvious frustration it simply clatters against his metal plating.
She makes something of a stunt with her black scimitar and actually hurls it at Turivar, but it hits his armor and bounces off harmlessly to the ground.
In a final act of rage she swings her massive tail at Willow, slamming hard against his body and actually causing his body to shudder from the impact, and she begins to wrap it around him.

Damage dealt:
Simhadrin: 24 slashing, 1 Con
Di'thuung: 19 slashing, 1 Con, another 22 slashing another 1 Con, 13 piercing(also some fire and electricity damage, but none of that can overcome your natural resistances)
Szivar: 11 slashing, another 13 slashing
Turivar: None.
Willow: 22 bludgeoning and make a grapple check.

demihappycow
2008-01-06, 04:32 AM
Grapple check:[roll0]
If grappled attempt to pin opponent:[roll1], then attempt to move the grapple(to provoke attacks of opportunity):[roll2]
If not grappled two swings with the sword (no power attack this time), first swing: to hit[roll3], damage[roll4]. Second swing: to hit[roll5], damage[roll6]

TheMeanDM
2008-01-06, 05:54 PM
Shifting his stance slightly, Simhadrin takes on a more defensive looking posture, but he continues to whirl, and twirl, his blades flashing and slashing.


During Round 3

Full Attack Fighting Defensively, which grants me a +4 to AC for being a Dervish (instead of +2, Elaborate Parry is the class feat) while taking -4 on attack rolls. Designating Marilith for my Dodge.

This makes my AC = 36

Primary attacks
(1d20+24)[30]
(1d20+19)[31]
(1d20+14)[19]

Damage Primary:
(3d6+19)[31]
(3d6+19)[30]

Secondary attacks
(1d20+22)[37]
(1d20+17)[22]

Damage Secondary
(1d6+17)[20]
(1d6+17)[18]

Damage Rend:
(1d6+9)[14] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3756862#post3756862)

Total Damage before DR: 115

Raven T.
2008-01-06, 06:40 PM
Turivar

A little frustrated that his chains failed to hit, he redoubles his attack, watching the serpentine demon for any signs of her next attack.

And he planned on saving that scimitar as a trophy.

Another Dancing Chain series:

Attacks: [roll0], [roll1], [roll2], [roll3]

Damage: [roll4], [roll5], [roll6], [roll7]

Will not pick up the scimitar the marilith threw at him until after combat is over, but will claim it, even if she comes back to grab it.

Ellas Aramond
2008-01-06, 06:57 PM
Letting out a pained grunt as the marilith's weapons rip at him, Di'thuung sends his own fluury of attack its way. Back to the Abyss with you!"

Full attack: , [roll1], [roll2], [roll3], [roll4], [roll5]

Damage: [roll]1d8+11+2d6, 1d8+11+2d6, 1d8+11+2d6, 1d8+11+2d6, 1d8+11+2d6, 1d8+11+2d6

Ellas Aramond
2008-01-06, 07:00 PM
Rolling for damage:
[roll0][roll1]
[roll2][roll3]
[roll4][roll5]
[roll6][roll7]
[roll8][roll9]
[roll10][roll11]

Skelengar
2008-01-06, 08:14 PM
Damn. Well, third time's the charm.

One last time, he atempts to force his way into the Maralith's subconsious.

I'm going to try death urge again, augumented by the same amount.

DC=29 (24 +1 from psionatrix + 4 from augmentation)
duration= 3 rounds (1+2 from augmentation)

[roll0]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-07, 05:23 AM
[In responce to Willow's grapple]
The marilith wraps it's black coils around the grey, leafless treant and tries crushing him and is immediately slammed into the ground by Willow's mass and strength it hisses in rage at him and is powerless as she is dragged across the ground trying her hardest to pull him off but failing.
Everyone gets an AoO.

Threeshades
2008-01-07, 08:18 AM
Szivar makes an attempt to tumble past the Marilith in order to strike her from the back and distract her.


I make a tumble check to get on the other side of the marilith and flank her. I go through her square. (DC 25 according to SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/tumble.htm))
Tumble check: [roll0]

Attack roll (no full attack, keeping up defensive fighting as before but with flanking bonus):
[roll1]

Damage:
[roll2]

Threeshades
2008-01-07, 08:22 AM
Saw AoO too late. Here goes:
Attack roll:
[roll0]

[roll1]

Is the tumble check still even necessary to flank her?

However I move into the appropriate direction to flank the marilith. If I need the tumble check, it should be enough.

TheMeanDM
2008-01-07, 08:37 AM
As the demonic snake woman is shoved backward, Simhadrin sees an opportunity to attack.



+2 for bane weapon +2 for flanking (1d20+26=43) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1453481/)

IC went down this morning :P

(3d6+14)[25]

Raven T.
2008-01-07, 09:01 AM
Do I benefit from flanking at this distance? I am in melee, but it's a long reach. If I do, add the bonus to the attack roll and let me know, please.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Skelengar
2008-01-07, 11:03 AM
how am I getting an AoO, if I'm floating out of reach?

demihappycow
2008-01-07, 11:42 AM
Since I am controlling the movement and did specifically state that I was aiming to provoke AoOs it would probably depend on how far out of reach you were floating, but it seems reasonable if you were in close-ish. Though as I am not the DM this is pure speculation on my part...

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-08, 08:30 PM
Okay, I probably should have been clearer; Everyone who can reach it gets an AoO.

Ellas Aramond
2008-01-08, 08:48 PM
Seeing the demon's vulnerable position, Di'thuung sends his mace careening towards her.

Wow, I didn't even see that,

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]+[roll2]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-08, 09:21 PM
Everyone's weapon manages to strikes the vulnerable back and sides of the demon as she hisses and screams in pain. It tries her very hardest to throw herself off of Willow. After several seconds of struggling she unclenches her tail from the treant and escaped his grasp. Her dark blood dribbles from her from all the places she's been wounded.

demihappycow
2008-01-08, 10:17 PM
"I take it the lady does not"*deep breath*"want to dance?" Willow quips with a smirk.
Two more sword swings, with no power attack.
First swing: to hit [roll0], damage [roll1]
Second swing: to hit [roll2], damage [roll3]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-09, 04:16 AM
Crap, I basically forgot the round before the AoO. Though technically the grapple happened before it all.... I'll add more appropriate actions.
Thixis focuses his mind superbly and passes through the demons magical and mental resistances with equal strength of mind. It's eyes widen slightly and jaw drops and she simply leaves herself open to attack.
Willows powerful attack sinks deeply into her torso and the grievous pain it causes to flow through her seems to give her a dark thrill, as she's mentally willing and ready to die.
The second blow strikes true and she lets out a howl of pain as she receives her death wish and is slashed grievously from where her tail and torso meet to her shoulder and she falls back hard from the impact of the blow. Suddenly when her breathing stops all the wounds explode with it's dark blood as her bones and muscles melt and all that leaks out smokes with black, acrid smog like nothing you've ever seen or smelt. In but an instant all that remains is a pool of red, smoking fluid, a bubbling empty sack of ragged, black flesh and six weapons.

Threeshades
2008-01-09, 12:08 PM
As she notices that the marilith's corpse is lying on the ground lifeless, Szivar relaxes her muscles throughout her whole body and starts examining the Marilith for any weapons or items that might be of use to her.
Search check: [roll0]

If search checks should be done in a new initiative order here's an initiative check:
[roll1]

If this should be done in fight's initiative order, i'm sorry for posting out of the order

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-09, 07:09 PM
Searching through the muck that once was a marilith, six weapons are easily found lying around it in plain sight. Three large longswords, one of which is made of higher quality than the other two and is recognizable as the one that was alight in the battle. The rest of the weapons include an axe, a spear and a scimitar. The axe appears to be made of a different metal than the rest of the black iron weaponry.
Searching throughout the rest of the folds of rotten black skin, Szivar detects a statue of black stone, a mask featuring the face of an unholy figure, a necklace with a goat's skull on it and a human-leather pouch.
The white stone that was floating around her head is now lying in the black goo that was her blood, still managing to shine brighter than it should.

Skelengar
2008-01-09, 09:26 PM
Skelengar wracks his brain to see if he recognizes any of the items.


i'll try and cover all the bases, and make knowledge checks in each category I know.

psionics [roll0]

arcana [roll1]

religion [roll2]

planes [roll3]

TheMeanDM
2008-01-09, 09:50 PM
Simhadrin rubs a hand across the gashes on his body.

"Anyone else that got hit by her sword feel...strange...as if their body has been attacked in other ways besides simple wounds?" he rubs his wounds a little more. "What I wouldn't give for one of our elder shamans and their healing magics, right now."

The Salamandrine moves toward the stone, nudging it away from the carcass with his boot.

"That looks interesting." he says casually.


ooc:
Anyone got any healing/restoration spells available?

Ellas Aramond
2008-01-09, 10:07 PM
Di'thuung gives a great smirk and returns his mace to its place on his belt. Your shamans are not needed. Luckily, the lord Dispater thought it wise to include me. Anyone who was affected by the demon's blades, gather around me. As those that need it circle him, he says whispers a few prayers, and casts a spell of restoration touching himself, and those around him.

Casting Lesser Restoration.
Con Damage healed: [roll0]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-09, 10:10 PM
Skelengar's Knowledge checks
With all your knowledge of particular weapons, magics and materials you immediately recognize the white stone as an Ioun stone, the metal the axe is made of is apparently adamantine, you recall from the battle the spear having arcs of lightning and the sword being aflame, meaning they are obviously flaming and shocking respectively, or any variant thereof. You recognize the black statue to be of Graz'zt, but you can't recognize the mask...

Threeshades
2008-01-10, 09:43 AM
Szivar ignores the six weapons lying around the Mariliths carcass and picks up the mask and the Ioun stone examining them carefully while silently cursing herself for never having spent time on studying the arcane arts.
"These two items.", she turns to the other members of the Dictum "Can one of you identify these? They look very interesting to me... as well they might be of even more use for someone else."

demihappycow
2008-01-10, 10:28 AM
Willow
"Wouldn't hurt too... get them identified but"*creak*"I believe we still have somewhere to be. If anyone needs too... rest"*deep breath*"in my branches, to examine our loot or whatnot, go... right ahead. I would not refuse a little healing, if you would"*inhale*"oblige, Di'thuung."

Skelengar
2008-01-10, 10:44 AM
"Well the White Ioun Stone will regenerate some damage taken while using it. I think the best way to find out what the mask does is to put it on. Preferably someone else."

Weren't they my knowledge checks?

Ellas Aramond
2008-01-10, 05:19 PM
Di'thuung nods, taking a wand from his belt. It's a straight iron thing, capped with a large, white crystal. Speaking the command word, he lets the energy flow through Will, and then himself. Not wanting the charge to go to waste, he then walks around and heals anyone that had been wounded.

Using up a charge on my wand of Cure Serious Wounds, healing anyone that was hurt during the fight with the Marilith.

Cure: [roll0]

Threeshades
2008-01-10, 06:20 PM
"This sounds interesting." Szivar as she is trying to activate the ioun stone.

Yes and I already checked the white Ioun Stone before you did the checks I just thought I shouldn't be all knowing before you even lost a word about the items.

@V alright, didn't notice that.

Ellas Aramond
2008-01-10, 06:22 PM
You should be healed, Threeshades, that charge I used was for everyone who was hurt.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-10, 07:42 PM
Yes, Skelengar, sorry about the name mix-up.

Also, I forgot your guy's XP.
1,500 to everyone!

TheMeanDM
2008-01-10, 09:28 PM
"I don't know what that sword was, but it was certainly effective." Simhadrin says.

"Gather up what there was, and let us be on the move, everyone keep their eyes and ears alert. I do not want to fall prey to another ambush."

This time, he takes up the lead, about ten feet in front of the party.



spot and listen checks, add +4 if it's an evil outsider (demon/devil).

listen
[roll0]

spot
[roll1]

listen
[roll2]
spot
[roll3]

listen
[roll4]
spot
[roll5]

listen
[roll6]
spot
[roll7]

listen
[roll8]
spot
[roll9]

listen
[roll10]
spot
[roll11]

Threeshades
2008-01-11, 07:24 AM
"A wise idea to have a trained scout to lead the way. I propose everyone else should take up a formation. We never know from which side the next attack could come."
Szivar musters the rest of the party. "I propose Willow, Turivar and me cover the flanks and the back of Di'thuung and Skelengar."

Skelengar
2008-01-12, 06:27 PM
"Now that is a good idea."

demihappycow
2008-01-12, 09:25 PM
"Sounds reasonable."

Ellas Aramond
2008-01-13, 02:29 AM
Di'thuung nods.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-13, 09:37 AM
You travel for several more hours, reaching Darkspine without any further incidents, the black iron village looms over you like the spines of a dead creature. On the outskirts of the city walls is the armies of The Serpentine Order, the Blood War battalion of Cania and Mephistopheles. You have reached friends.

A pit fiend wearing black bracers surrounded a slight corona of blue flame and small blue sigils stands before you, his eyes burning like huge cinders, his scales hissing with heat, and a massive, saw-toothed sword on his back between his tattered but functional wings greets you at the fringes of the organized mass.
"I am Sethokk, 5th hand of Mephistopheles. I can tell by the description I have been given of you... That you are Infernal Dictum..." As he speaks to you in the Infernal tongue, black smoke rises from his mouth and nostrils, though the light of his eyes pierces the smoke.

Threeshades
2008-01-13, 11:03 AM
"So we are. I suppose you are informed about the cause of our appearance."
Szivar says while eyeing the battalion and Sethokk inerchangeably.

TheMeanDM
2008-01-14, 08:29 AM
"Hail, Sethok, 5th hand of Mephistopheles." Simhadrin says, formally greeting the Pit Fiend in his native infernal.

"I am Simhadrin, servant of the Infernal Dictum."

demihappycow
2008-01-14, 09:03 AM
"Willow Grey"*creaking inhale*"pleased to make your... acquaintance."

Skelengar
2008-01-14, 07:15 PM
Skelengar levetates into the air. "I! AM! THIXIS! SKELENGAR!" He floats back down to the ground.

Ellas Aramond
2008-01-14, 08:27 PM
The half-fiend glares at Skelengar, annoyed at his tone.

I am called Di'thuung, of the Iron Citadel. He says in the language of the nine hells, doing his best to ignore the Redaegon. What exactly is it that you can tell us?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-14, 10:39 PM
The pit fiend stares at Thixis strangely for a few moments, then blows black smoke into his general direction and turns to Di'thuung. "We are stopping here for the night, then we are to move into a battle that rages still against the putrid tanar'ri... If forced to ally with Maladominaar we shall... but we will, shall we say, turn a blind eye if they should be in need... if victory can be secured at any point without them..."

Ellas Aramond
2008-01-15, 01:57 AM
"Very well." Di'thuung nods, knowing all to well of the politics of hell. He didn't much care about them, being only half devil meant that promotion wasn't a concern for him. As long as he could serve his master, then he'd take what the world threw at him.

Do you number any masters of artifice in your ranks? We have a few items that require identification.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-16, 12:01 AM
"We've several soldiers learned in the ways of arcane magic and are fully capable of identifying magical items... Allow me to take the items to them. I promise to you they will be returned in due time."

Ellas Aramond
2008-01-16, 12:05 AM
Di'thuung nods once again, then turns to the rest of the group, his expression clearly saying that he wants them to give the items to the pit fiend.

demihappycow
2008-01-16, 12:10 AM
"Of course... of course,"*inhale*"we... Trust you. We are all. Friends here," says Willow, with a creaking echo of laughter.

Threeshades
2008-01-16, 07:43 AM
Szivar steps forward and produces the mask while the ioun stone is already circling around her.
"I think I will come with you and have an eye on those soldiers of yours as well as our new equipment." Szivar turns back to the others. "Should anyone of you have taken any of the weapons wih yourselves, give them to me, I will just make sure they won't get... lost around here."

TheMeanDM
2008-01-16, 11:41 AM
"I would ask to speak to your scouts, Sethok. Any information they have may prove useful to us." Simhadrin requests.

"Though the hordes are seemingly endless, there will be one less Marillith to trouble your forces." he adds.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-21, 04:48 PM
Sethok gives Szivar a good long look before finally responding verbally, "...Very well. If you do not trust us as greatly as I assume the rest of the Dictum does... then you may come along..."

He then turns to Simhadrin. "If you desire, you may speak with my men."
Make a Gather Information check.

Threeshades
2008-01-21, 06:49 PM
Szivar stares back at the devil with an impassive countenance: "I am sorry about how this has to happen.", she explain in an as indifferent tone. "This is nothing personal. It's this world itself that diminishes my ability to trust anyone. And I think I'm not the only one feeling this way.", she glances over to Willow. "After all we are sentient beings and it is experience that teaches us."
"I think I did not yet introduce myself. I am Szivar. Also known as the Burning Heart."

TheMeanDM
2008-01-22, 02:15 PM
Simhadrin nods at Sethok and then heads down into the camp, seeking those devils who would most likely present themselves as scouts. While seeking, he keeps an ear open for any gossip/information that may prove interesting.


my worst stat :P

[roll0]

Skelengar
2008-01-23, 12:51 PM
Seeing Simhadrin's attempts at inquiry, Skelengar decides he might as well start up some inquiry himself. After all, that's pretty much what he's there for.

I manifest read thoughts, and make a gather information check.

gather information [roll0]

demihappycow
2008-01-23, 08:02 PM
Willow follows along after Simhadrin and Thixis, keeping his sword in hand and his senses keen for trouble.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-26, 04:10 PM
Is Willow also trying to figure out what's going on? i.e. Does he need to make a Gather Information check?

demihappycow
2008-01-26, 09:58 PM
He is pretty much focused on making sure nothing jumps out and slaughters us, so I'm thinking no.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-26, 10:42 PM
Nothing out of the ordinary seems to happen as you walk through the legions of devils, all wearing sigils of Mephistopheles and a majority showing some sort of symbolic flame.
--
Szivar watches as several diabolical arcanists inspect and cast spells over the magical weaponry and items. They inform you of their magical properties.Sending a PM to tell you what they are, Threeshades.

TheMeanDM
2008-01-28, 10:14 PM
After absorbing what information he could, Simhadrin finds his way back to where Sethok is.

"May I ask, Fifth Hand Sethok, what your plans are for tomorrow? he smiles, wryly "I am certain that you would shed no tears should the Maladominaar...fail...in their duties. However, I am also quite certain that Lord Bel would not be very...forgiving...were the forces under his 'watch' defeated, and parts of his realm lost to the demons. Therefore, I will ask a question. What may we, the Dictum, do to help bring about victory and further your reputation as a worthy commander?"
He pauses a moment, allowing this to sink in. "Because if we are here merely to observe the battle and serve as referee between your forces and those of the Maladominaar, then I am...puzzled...at our presence here."

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-29, 01:01 AM
Sethok gives another unnerving stare to Simhadrin and then gives him an even more unnerving smirk. "Surely you do not think we'll plow headlong into the forces of Maladominaar?" He laughs with sick, twisted glee, "Such a thing would make a tanar'ri seem subtle... Our enemies on the battlefield are the demons. Once they are dead, then we shall lend a hand to doing what the demons couldn't to Maladominaar. I won't allow myself to become the ruler of a foolish, failing army, and if you were the spawn of Baator, you would know that..." With his last retort he belches black smoke from his mouth and nostrils.

Ellas Aramond
2008-01-29, 01:54 AM
Di'thuung

"If lord Dispater wanted a referee, then I greatly doubt that he would have sent us." The half-fiend says as he strides up to the pair. He had been listening in, and the deep frown on his face gave away that he did not like what he was hearing. "Our mission here is to aid the Serpentine Order, in whatever their plans be. No more, no less." His right hand clenches and unclenches as he says each line.

"Although," he turns to the Fifth Hand, still wearing the frown, "My companion asks a valid question. What are your plans; and what would you have my team do when the time comes?"

TheMeanDM
2008-01-29, 10:06 AM
Simhadrin's red eyes flash briefly with anger, and his lips purse slightly together.

"I do not know what you think, Sethok." Simhadrin says, dropping the respectful title. "You may have been foolish enough to plow headlong into the Maladominaar. Then again, you may not have been. That is why I asked of your plans.

He levels his four red eyes at the devil, and his tone grows icy."You are right about one thing, Sethok." again dropping the formal title of respect.
"I am not a spawn of Baator, but rather a native of Gwlad gan pell prydferth A distinct difference, to be certain." he says flatly.

"Now answer the question. What do you wish we, the Infernal Dictum, to do for you."



gwlad gan pell prydferth = land of far beauty

it's bastardized welsh, which I'm using for the "native" tongue of people that were native to baator *before* the devils came

Also: Designation Sethok with my Dodge :smallbiggrin:

Threeshades
2008-01-29, 12:05 PM
Szivar rejoins with the group not saying anything so she doesn't interrupt the conversation, but drags the assortment of weapons from the marilith behind herself with ostentation, the Ioun stone circles around her while she holds the black mask in her free hand.

Skelengar
2008-01-29, 12:20 PM
Skelengar returns from his inquery.

"Pehaps a few charms or suggestions would do the trick. It would be interesting if the Maladominaar were to turn on each other once the battle is over. I would not be surprised if the Maladominaar were planning something similar. Skelengar chuckles.
"As for my inquiries, I was unable to find out anything worthwhile, unless anyone here cares about the battle tactics of our allies and enemies. On that note, does anyone have cold iron?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-30, 07:24 AM
Sethok keeps his burning gaze firmly on Simhadrin and says rather boldly, which is only appropriate for someone in his position, "I would not taunt someone with such insults, such as 'forgetting' their title on the battlefield when they command the armies of Cania... Nomad..." He snorts more black smoke from his nostrils and mouth.
"Best mind your superiors..." He turns to the rest of the group and speaks loudly and clearly in his booming voice, "I trust you'll know a little respect!?"

Skelengar
2008-01-30, 09:53 PM
Skelengar is not fazed. "I assure you, Fifth Hand Sethok, we know our place. I am sure it was an accident on my friend's part. Now, about the matter of turning the Malodominaar against each other once the battle is over... If you wish, I can become invisible, and plant suggestions in their key units. It would be unlikely to wipe them out, but it would certainly look bad from Lord Bel's perspective.

Ellas Aramond
2008-01-30, 11:10 PM
"Being an outsider, Di'thuung speaks up, agreeing with Skelengar, " He does not know our ways. So I must apologize for his ignorance. But we should focus on important matters: What can my team do to aid your cause?"

demihappycow
2008-01-31, 12:01 AM
Willow

"Yes... how might,"*deep breath*"we help you... to serve our master?"

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-03, 06:03 PM
"This and only this... Obey my orders and follow me in this battle... There is good reason I am the Fifth Hand... For now there is little to do but wait. If you wish, you can browse the streets of Darkspine for whatever you may."

Threeshades
2008-02-03, 07:10 PM
Szivar who kept herself decently in the background now steps forward. She bows to Sethok respectfully:
"Of course we shall, Fifth Hand.", she slowly gets back up and turns to the rest of the group. Lowering her voice she speaks to them: "I know I am not good with people, but this was impressive. However you might want to know more about our newly acquired collection from that Tanar'ri."

TheMeanDM
2008-02-04, 11:19 AM
Wordlessly, Simhadrin withdraws with his companions.

Once outside, he says to Szivar "Yes, I am rather intrigued by what we acquired."

Skelengar
2008-02-04, 02:53 PM
Annoyed that he had not been granted leave execute his plan, Skelngar joins the group.

"Make this quick. I would like to buy something that will allow me to bypass spell resistance more easily."

Threeshades
2008-02-04, 03:09 PM
Szivar first points to the collection of blades the Marilith was carrying. Some of them magic, while others profane but of unusual materials.
I'm going to do this one OOC because I don't know how to say +4 wounding, flaming greatsword in in-game terms:
- +4 wounding, flaming greatsword
- +1 keen adamantine greataxe
- +2 shocking burst spear
- 2 masterwork black iron greatswords
- masterwork black iron greatscimitar
All these are for use by a medium size character. (we don't get -2 penalties of using off-size weapons according to Krimm)
She then holds up the necklace: "These beads are removable. If you throw one of them it discharges in a fiery explosion. The sethok's arcanists said it's a quite strong version of its kind." Necklace of fireballs type VII
Then she moves on to the black mask and the onyx statue: "The statue depicts Graz'zt. Both of these things are nonmagical though. The mask was puzzling even Sethok's most learned scholars, as to what it is supposed to depict."

Skelengar
2008-02-04, 03:28 PM
"Okay, I'll be off then." He dons his Crystal Mask of Dread and turns to a nearby weak looking devil. "Tell me where I can find a shop of magic items, and don't you dare try anything."

intimidate check: [roll0]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-05, 12:11 AM
The devil which Thixis looks simply looks back looking slightly freaked out. "Uh... In town, few magic shop's'n 'ere..."

Skelengar
2008-02-05, 09:12 AM
"Thank you." Skelengar heads off to a magic shop. When he gets there, he puts on his third eye of expose and tells the shopkeeper, "I'm looking for something that can allow me to overcome spell resistance more easily. Do you have anything like that?

Threeshades
2008-02-05, 09:43 AM
Szivar watches as the slightly impatient psion heads off, with a mischievous smile.
Now to what we've found in the Marilith's pouch."
she opens the pouch revealing thousands of gold pieces, three red gemstones and a necklace with a goat skull pendant.
"6,073 gold pieces, three blood rubies and a silver necklace."

TheMeanDM
2008-02-05, 10:06 AM
"And what of the stone, that she had around her head." Simhadrin says off-handedly as he fingers the edge on the great scimitar. "Did the arcanists have any information on that?"

Threeshades
2008-02-05, 10:18 AM
Szivar points to the Ioun Stone floating around her. "As our impatient companion already found out, this Ioun stone helps healing wounds."

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-09, 05:43 AM
For Skelengar only:
The horned devil of a shopkeep sits behind a strange desk which seems both organic and artificial, bits of both iron and flesh in it's structure. The shopkeep himself appears to be covered in patches of flesh sewn to his own flesh, skin much unlike his own. In places of eyes he has glowing white sigils in front of empty sockets which seem to allow him to see thing normal eyes can't.
"Overcome resistance to magic?" His forked tongue licks his lips as he speaks the infernal tongue. "I may have things such as that, how much coin have you to your name?"

Skelengar
2008-02-09, 08:35 AM
"Money is not an issue, but do not take that as an excuse to overcharge me."

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-09, 07:42 PM
The cornugon crawls up the many high shelves of his shop as he searches for items which you've asked for, and finally comes back down with two small objects which he sets down on the desk in front of you; a tiny eye-ball sized orange sphere etched with runes and a bronze ring in the shape of a snake devouring it's own tail and set with a tiny red gem in the snake's eye with a tiny red sigil glowing above it. "These two might be of use to you... the stone, orbits your head like a moon and increases the level at which you..... well, you seem to manifest, don't you? And the ring simply does the task of overcoming resistance to magic. The ring costs twenty five thousand gold... and the stone is forty thousand."
But as you're wearing the third eye of expose, you can tell that you've just been lied to.
OOC: You guys can still talk y'know, don't let my conversation with Skelengar stop you.

TheMeanDM
2008-02-11, 09:55 AM
"I am not interested in using any of the weapons, but I suspect they would fetch a fair price among the soldiers of the army. They could be useful in combating the demons." Simhadrin says.

"I must say, though, that I am disappointed at the impulsiveness of your decision, Szivar."

Threeshades
2008-02-12, 03:33 PM
"Impulsiveness... it lays in my blood...", Szivar grins. "You haven't gotten to know me yet. Take it. I don't need it. Unfortunately I have no information on the value of these gems or the necklace, but I'm sure we can make an even share."

Skelengar
2008-02-12, 08:46 PM
"Unfortunately for you, I know when I am being lied to. Let's try this again, and if you lie again, you will die."

Intimidate [roll0]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-12, 09:45 PM
"Unfortunately for you, I know when I am being lied to. Let's try this again, and if you lie again, you will die."

Intimidate [roll0]

He narrows his empty sockets instinctively as though there were still eyes in them. "Tell me I'm lying all you want and I may admit my lie, but threaten me in my own shop and you may regret it... The ring's twenty thousand, the stone's thirty." He clicks his claw on the desk as if impatient.

OOC: Also tell me if this is going to slow for your tastes. Honestly, I'm making alot of this up on the spot and only have a basic layout until later on.

Skelengar
2008-02-13, 05:08 PM
"I'll take the stone."

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-13, 07:27 PM
He grins and holds out a claw to receive your gold, covered in patches of skin, "Excellent..."
--
Pretty obvious what it is, right?

TheMeanDM
2008-02-14, 09:45 AM
Simhadrin catches the stone as Szivar throws it.

"Thank you. I believe that being a main combatant, as was demonstrated earlier today, that I would benefit from it." he releases the stone to fly around his head.

"Let us go into the city and see about finding a place for these other things, then, shall we?"

Skelengar
2008-02-14, 10:04 AM
"It was a pleasure doing business with you, in the loosest sense of the definition. I assure you that if this Ioun Stone does not do what you say it does, I will be back. Skelengar sets the stone around his head. As he leaves, he makes a mental note never to shop at this particular shop again.
--
It's an Orange Ioun Stone.


Skelengar returns to the group and sees them preparing to go into the city to sell the treasures that they had hidden from him. "Did you honestly intend to keep that hidden from me and split the gold without me? I thought we were a team." He laughs. He then takes off his Third Eye and shows it to them. "Anyway, it seems I have arrived just in time. Don't do any business in this city without this. You will probably be ripped off."

Threeshades
2008-02-14, 11:43 AM
Szivar presents the two long blades on each of her hands to Simhadrin: "These aren't made for opening locks or healing either. But as I said, I don't need it. My light clothing might be telling the opposite, but in fact I am quite able to avoid injury. However I agree, let's head to town."

As Skelengar returns Szivar greets him with a wicked grin: "I never said anything about that, my friend. I was slightly amused by your rushed disappearance. Besides, I promised you that joining us would be worth your while.", she holds up the pouch with the money: "We first need to find out the value of the stones anyway before we can evenly share. And we would have likely came across your way that time the latest."

Skelengar
2008-02-18, 08:40 PM
Skelengar takes off his hood so that Szivar can see that he shares her amusement. He quickly dons his hood once again and gets back to buisness. "If you plan to have these items appraised, either have one of us do the appraisal, or make use of this Third Eye of Expose. Had it not been for this, this orange ioun stone now floating around my head woud have cost me 10,000 gp more than it should have. I won't be going back to that particular shop. The shopkeeper is probably angry about the death threats.

Threeshades
2008-02-20, 05:48 PM
Szivar smirks. "Unless the shopkeepers here happen to belong to Sethok's forces, I would agree with you there, Master Skelengar. We needa trustable appraise."

TheMeanDM
2008-02-23, 11:14 AM
"Let us go find someone then." Simhadrin says, agreeing with Szivar.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-23, 04:36 PM
Just so you guys know, tell me when you're all done with what have you. When you are you'll be taking off for the Blood War.

Threeshades
2008-02-25, 09:47 AM
Since there seems to be no one disagreeing I'd say we go out find a trustable appraiser. I would look between Sethok's men first since my trust in them grew with the weapon identification

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-25, 08:07 PM
Since there seems to be no one disagreeing I'd say we go out find a trustable appraiser. I would look between Sethok's men first since my trust in them grew with the weapon identification

Alright, I'll just assume you go to the same guys.
--
You go to the group of devilish scholars and mages, one of them recognizes you and looks at you, folding his wings down over the back of his robes. "Welcome back, have you another item that needs identification?"

Threeshades
2008-02-26, 03:59 PM
Szivar bows politely but briefly: "Infact I need to have the material value of these items appraised. If you could help on that matter or otherwise point me to someone able to help, I would be thankful."

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-26, 08:27 PM
"I am fully capable... Simply hand me what valuables you need appraised." He holds out a red claw from under his robes.

Threeshades
2008-02-29, 04:50 PM
"Thank you." Szivar opens the pouch and picks out the blood rubies, silver necklace as well as the statue and the mask to the devil. She points to the weapons:
"Information about the value of these magical weapons would also be of use,"

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-03-04, 08:21 PM
The devil takes a small crystal lens from his robes and puts it to his eye. After several minutes of examining each item he returns them to the bag and returns them. "The statue of the putrid demon might fetch you two-thousand gold... The... mask... likely seventeen hundred. The necklace is most definitely thirteen hundred. And..." He takes the gem from his eye. "Each of the red gems are one hundred."

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-03-09, 11:28 PM
Okay, where the hell is everyone?

Skelengar
2008-03-10, 08:24 AM
I've been waiting for you and threeshades to finish up. I asked the same question on the ooc boards, perhaps we should continue this discussion there.

TheMeanDM
2008-03-10, 09:18 AM
ooc: still here, just waiting for the trading to be done with :)

Simhadrin isn't much for...commerce... :smallsmile:

Threeshades
2008-03-10, 10:14 AM
((Sorry for having gone. My attention can quickly jump from one thing to the other leaving everything related to the first thing abandoned. In this case one thing is roleplaying and the other is Warhammer))

Szivar searches the devil's eyes for hints of untruth.
Sense motive check: [roll0]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-03-10, 08:17 PM
You look into the devils eyes and strangely from a creature such as he, you don't detect any lies. It is also not likely he has lied... or he would have offered to buy them. Obviously things other than gold are on this baatezu's mind.

Threeshades
2008-03-11, 09:17 AM
"Again, thank you for your help." Szivar says bowing before turning around and returning to her companions.

As Szivar returns to the party she does not wait for them to ask: "According to the scholar this statue is the most valuable, we should ex pect two thousand gold pieces for it. The mask should get us another a thousand and seven hundred, the necklace should be worth one thousand and three hundred. The blood rubies are about a hundred each."

Skelengar
2008-03-11, 11:02 AM
"That's good to know. Now I don't know about you guys, but I would like to get down to buisness as soon as possible, so I sugest we sell those, and then if anyone wants to buy something they can use my third eye.

Skelengar
2008-04-03, 08:31 PM
Alright, what the **** is going on? Seriously, is this campaign even still alive?

TheMeanDM
2008-04-06, 05:28 PM
Well, Skel...it's just you and me now (and Krimm, of course).

Threeshades has ditched us, as did the others.

Which is too bad, because I was hoping to get "into" this game. :smallfrown:

Skelengar
2008-04-07, 07:52 AM
Same. What do we do now?