PDA

View Full Version : LA adjustment

Lord_Asmodeus
2007-12-28, 02:14 PM
this may be a bit of a noob question, but when making a character with an LA adjustment does your character stay level one for the number of levels defined in the LA (like for +1 he would have to get to lvl 3 to get to lvl 2 and so on) or what.

tyckspoon
2007-12-28, 02:19 PM
Generally you don't start an LA'd character as level '1'; his xp total will be whatever the same as the party is, just with some of the levels being LA blanks. If you did want to include a character with an LA in a level one group (and aren't using an LA-class variant, like a monstrous progression or a template class), then it would most likely work like you've suggested: When the LA +1 character got enough xp to advance to level 2, that level would be taken as his LA instead. He would have to wait for level 3 before he could pick another class level.

Lord_Asmodeus
2007-12-28, 02:21 PM
Ahh, I see, I ask because I'm making a Lawful Evil Aasimar character and he's the first character I've ever made with an LA adjustment.

Admiral Squish
2007-12-28, 02:21 PM
You add LA to your character levels to determine what level he'd need experience as to level up.
Basically, yeah. A 2nd level with an LA +1 would have to get the same amount of XP as a 3rd level character would to go up a level.

EDIT: Crap, ninja'd.