PDA

View Full Version : Engaged!

MandibleBones
2007-12-28, 11:55 PM
<== *is a happy kobold*

I am totally engaged!

I asked my girlfriend, Desiré, to marry me back in September and she said yes - now that we've told my parents (we wanted to tell them in person, so we had to wait until Christmas), I can announce it to the world - and by the world, I mean the boards.

Sneak
2007-12-28, 11:56 PM
Congratulations! :smallbiggrin: May you be a happy kobold forever.

Admiral Squish
2007-12-28, 11:58 PM
I'm engaged, too! But I'm definitely not telling my mom until I move out. She's the kind of mom who will knock you through a door and make you fix it. And mom and girlfriend don't get along...

Skippy
2007-12-29, 12:18 AM
Congrats, MB. You are a lucky kobold indeed.

NikkTheTrick
2007-12-29, 12:26 AM
Good for you :smallbiggrin:

RationalGoblin
2007-12-29, 12:35 AM
<== *is a happy kobold*

I am totally engaged!

I asked my girlfriend, Desiré, to marry me back in September and she said yes - now that we've told my parents (we wanted to tell them in person, so we had to wait until Christmas), I can announce it to the world - and by the world, I mean the boards.

Awesome for you, Bones! I assume your parents are thrilled? Or no, and you're typing this while on the run? :smallbiggrin:

I'm engaged, too! But I'm definitely not telling my mom until I move out. She's the kind of mom who will knock you through a door and make you fix it. And mom and girlfriend don't get along...

Ouch, Squish. Hopefully, your mom and girlfriend/finance will learn to get along. That's what happened with some folks I know. Just be patient with both.

Note: I only posted this to see if I could multi-quote.

Ego Slayer
2007-12-29, 12:36 AM
Huzzah, congratulations! ^_^

hyperfreak497
2007-12-29, 12:56 AM
Congratulations, Mr. Bones! Keep us updated! Bring a laptop with a live feed to the wedding! Hell, invite the playground to the wedding!

ForzaFiori
2007-12-29, 12:57 AM
congrats to both of you!

Icewalker
2007-12-29, 01:08 AM
Congratulatastic!

ZombieRockStar
2007-12-29, 01:11 AM
Yay! *feels the love & marriage vibe...it feels good* :smallcool:

Alarra
2007-12-29, 01:27 AM
Congratulations!!!

MandibleBones
2007-12-29, 01:27 AM
Awesome for you, Bones! I assume your parents are thrilled? Or no, and you're typing this while on the run?

Actually, they're pretty happy about it - which is good, 'cause my laptop died and writing anything on the run is a no-go for the moment.

Congratulations, Mr. Bones! Keep us updated! Bring a laptop with a live feed to the wedding! Hell, invite the playground to the wedding!

Heh. The laptop might happen, if my laptop fixes itself, but as for inviting the playground, well, the wedding itself is going to be fairly small. Expect some pictures, though - especially since two other playgrounders, Fax_Celestis and Valairn, are my groomsmen :)

Thanks everyone for your well-wishes! I'm pretty blessed to have a fiancée who pretty much understands this strange hobby of mine.

Lord Herman
2007-12-29, 03:20 AM
Congratulations, MandibleBones!

Supagoof
2007-12-29, 03:21 AM
Congratulations MandibleBones!

I hope you have many years of happiness and joy in your future.

And some advice....
Never go to bed angry. You don't want that to stew all night and makeup sexing out after a fight is awesome.
Taste lots of cake. Trust me on this one. Spending the time to go try lots of different bakeries is time well spent.

Haruki-kun
2007-12-29, 03:52 AM
Nothing the others haven't said yet, but I wanna say Congratulations, so I'm gonna.

Congratulations! I hope for the best for you! May you be happy forever!

Baerdog7
2007-12-29, 04:29 AM
Congratulations! I hope things go well for you both.

Ichneumon
2007-12-29, 04:30 AM
Congradulations, I wish you the best.

Exeson
2007-12-29, 04:54 AM
Congratulations!!! you better take some photos of the wedding and show us.

SMEE
2007-12-29, 05:33 AM
Congratulations MandibleBones. :smallsmile:

May your life with your wife be joyful and really pleasant.

My best wishes for you two. :smallbiggrin:

Castaras
2007-12-29, 08:46 AM
Yay! Congratulations to you both! :smallbiggrin:

Hazkali
2007-12-29, 09:31 AM
I am so, so sorry for you. You have my deepest sympathy at this terrible time.

:smallbiggrin:

Pwenet
2007-12-29, 09:44 AM
Congratulations!

As someone who walked down this path in the past, here is some free advice (the good advice costs money):
As Supergoof said, never go to bed angry. There are really good benefits to working things out, even if it takes most of the night.
Communication is key. Be open and honest with each other, for lies and deceit, even over minor things have a way of festering and growing.
Involve each other in your lives. This does not mean you two have to do EVERYTHING the other does, but leave the option and be open to trying new things.
Talk before the wedding about big life events and decide what you want to do if they come up (where would you move in case one of you gets a better job offer far away from where you currently live, kids, plans for the future).

Finally, have fun, enjoy yourselfs and the wedding.

Best of luck with everything!!!

SurlySeraph
2007-12-29, 11:38 AM
Congrazatumalatalusalutations unto ye!

No, that isn't a real word. But "Congratulations" sounds a bit too straightforward and simple for such an occasion.

Jayngfet
2007-12-29, 02:07 PM
congradulations, wish i had more to add to the thread

North
2007-12-29, 02:11 PM
Much congradulations!

Now you can have the best part of getting married!

The Bachelor Party!:smallbiggrin:

Mr. Moon
2007-12-29, 03:39 PM
Awwww. That's great news, MB. Good luck! :smallbiggrin:

MandibleBones
2007-12-29, 04:06 PM
Thanks, everyone, for your advice and congratulations. I appreciate them :)

Dragor
2007-12-29, 04:30 PM
Congratulations, Bones! It is Kobold custom to pillage villages in celebration, correct? :smalltongue:

The Bushranger
2007-12-29, 08:16 PM
Congrats!!

Vaynor
2007-12-29, 08:19 PM
Congratulations!

Trog
2007-12-29, 08:46 PM
*sniff sniff sniff*

Trog smells wedding cake. :smallwink:

*looks at someone off thread*

Hmm? What? :smallconfused: No cake eh. Hmmm... Bummer.

*lights a Coffin Nail Brand cigarette*

Well congratulations are in order. Seeing as you seem to a kobold captain-like type person Trog would imagine you will be performing the ceremony, yes? Trog was never ordained to do marriages on boats back in cleric shool. Before Trog dropped out.

No. Seriously. It was on a cliff, see and in the middle of the night Trog took a wrong turn to the little acolytes room and WHOOSH! Fell down the garbage... um... chute... and um... uh... where was Trog again? :smallconfused:

Oh yeah. The on-ship ceremony.

Trog thinks he could wing it if you are in a pinch. It has something to do with walking a plank or something Trog thinks. Should be no problem.

Well, anyhoo, congratulations! :smallbiggrin:

*shakes hand*

MandibleBones
2007-12-29, 09:14 PM
Sorry, Trog - the cake was a lie. But thanks for the congratulations anyway.

Congratulations, Bones! It is Kobold custom to pillage villages in celebration, correct?

Only gnomish ones, and the captain has never been much for traditional tradition anyway :)

Volug
2007-12-29, 09:16 PM

I told you!! I told you all!! The cake is a lie and it shall always be a lie!!

*Gets draged off by large burly men*
The cake is a lie!
The cake is a lie!
The cake is a lie!
The cake is a lie...

((Congrats by the way:smallwink: ))

Trog
2007-12-29, 09:32 PM
:smallannoyed: Don't trifle with a Trog's appetites, young kobold. Or Trog's eating BEANS the night before the wedding. Get it?

*walks away grumbling to himself*

MandibleBones
2007-12-30, 12:19 AM
Don't trifle with a Trog's appetites, young kobold. Or Trog's eating BEANS the night before the wedding. Get it?

Oh thank the gods, I thought you said brains... but I suppose beans are just as bad.

The Bushranger
2007-12-30, 08:17 AM
The musical fruit!

NotAboutBalance
2007-12-30, 10:19 AM
I have no experience in this but congratulations anyways! All the best wishes and good luck for the future!:smallbiggrin: