PDA

View Full Version : Overpowered Prestige Class: Blademaster

Shellfish
2007-12-30, 10:57 PM
This is an overpowereprestige class.
Too powerful?:smallconfused:
This was based on those orcs from warcraft 3 and the master swordsman who teachs sokka to fight with a sword in Season 3 of the Avatar show.

Blade Master

Requirements: +5 BAB, Cleave, Weapon Focus (Bastard Sword), Weapon Specialization (Bastard Sword), Combat Expertise
BAB: As fighter

Saves: Fortitude: Good / Reflex: Good / Will Average

Skills: Knowledge (War), Perception, Climb, Jump, Bluff, Intimidate, Diplomacy, Search

Abilities:
Lvl. 1: Gains Greater Weapon Focus (Bastard Sword) Gains Greater Weapon Specialization (Bastard Sword)

Lvl. 2: +5 land speed when wearing No Armor and only light burden, Gains Quick Draw

Lvl. 3: A Blade Master may apply his dexterity modifier to his Bastard Sword, Whirlwind Attack

Lvl. 4: +10 feet land speed when wearing no armor and only light burden, Evasion

Lvl. 5: Improved Disarm when wielding Bastard Sword, Greater Cleave

Lvl. 6: Deflect Arrows when wielding Bastard Sword, Uncanny Dodge

Lvl. 7: Aura of competence: All allies receive +2 to AC and AB

Lvl. 8: 2nd Chance: Once a day, when a melee or ranged attack would drop a Blade master below 0 hit points, he may choose to absorb the blow with his cloak (If he is wearing one). The cloak is automatically sundered, but still may be repaired.

Lvl. 9: Spirited Charge: Double damage charge with a Bastard Sword

Lvl. 10: Tornado: Full Action charges forward up to his total charging land speed dealing damage to all squares around him and the ones he goes through. Ex. He charges forward dealing damage to the goblin in front of him, the 2 orcs next to the goblin and the wolf behind the goblin. It is basically a combination of Whirlwind Attack and charge. -2 to hit
-4 Ac next round.

reorith
2007-12-31, 03:17 AM
this isn't over powered at all
disarming, sunder, improved sunder, and shatter.
at what level can a blade master use his "bastard sword" to slice through a tank?

Nebo_
2007-12-31, 03:24 AM
*shudder*

Very vague and fanboyish.

Saves: Fortitude: Good / Reflex: Good / Will Average

There is no average save, only good and poor.

Skills: Knowledge (War), Perception, Climb, Jump, Bluff, Intimidate, Diplomacy, Search

Perception is not a skill. How many skill points does it get?

Lvl. 2: +5 land speed when wearing No Armor and only light burden, Gains Quick Draw

Wow, I'd prefer to wear armour. +5 to your speed is not worth losing armour for.

Lvl. 3: A Blade Master may apply his dexterity modifier to his Bastard Sword, Whirlwind Attack

To hit, damage, as an enhancement bonus?

Lvl. 4: +10 feet land speed when wearing no armor and only light burden, Evasion

+10' now. Still not worth losing armour for.

Lvl. 7: Aura of competence: All allies receive +2 to AC and AB

In what radius?

Lvl. 8: 2nd Chance: Once a day, when a melee or ranged attack would drop a Blade master below 0 hit points, he may choose to absorb the blow with his cloak (If he is wearing one). The cloak is automatically sundered, but still may be repaired.

As written, this doesn't actually prevent the blow from damaging you, you just break a perfectly good cloak.

Lvl. 9: Spirited Charge: Double damage charge with a Bastard Sword

Too powerful. Nerf it.

Lvl. 10: Tornado: Full Action charges forward up to his total charging land speed dealing damage to all squares around him and the ones he goes through. Ex. He charges forward dealing damage to the goblin in front of him, the 2 orcs next to the goblin and the wolf behind the goblin. It is basically a combination of Whirlwind Attack and charge. -2 to hit
-4 Ac next round.

Rewrite this, it's so badly worded that I can't figure out how to use it. I think you hit everything in a line when you charge.

ZeroNumerous
2007-12-31, 03:26 AM
Nebo: Spirited Charge exists for a Lance. Why not for a Bastard Sword?

Nebo_
2007-12-31, 05:11 AM
Because it's also too powerful with a lance - worse if you allow leap attack to work while mounted.

Zenos
2007-12-31, 05:33 AM
Because it's also too powerful with a lance - worse if you allow leap attack to work while mounted.

Ain't the whole point of it being an overpowered prestige class?

Nebo_
2007-12-31, 05:37 AM
I interpreted that as 'is this too overpowered, what can I do to fix it if it is'.

Zenos
2007-12-31, 05:51 AM
I interpreted that as 'is this too overpowered, what can I do to fix it if it is'.

Nah, just make sure to make yourself better understood, toughen up the requirements and make that whirlwind action slightly less powerful.