PDA

View Full Version : Arena Tournament, Round 21: Yemish vs. Tayalyn



ArenaManager
2007-12-31, 08:07 PM
Arena Tournament, Round 21: Yemish vs. Tayalyn

Map

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z83/Bitzeralisis/Arena%20Tournament%20Maps/Sambusei.gif


XP Award: 300 XP
GP Award: 300 GP

All combatants, please roll initiative.

theterran
2007-12-31, 11:26 PM
I get my rematch!:smallbiggrin:

Bigmac
2008-01-01, 08:41 AM
[roll0]

Going to buy my usual, power stone of energy missle.

theterran
2008-01-01, 09:28 AM
:sigh: I wish there was a deflect energy missile...
I bought the typical scroll of invisibility. :smallwink:

There might be something I'm forgetting to buy. so I might buy something else, but I"ll let you know if I do so.

[roll0]

Bigmac
2008-01-01, 11:08 AM
Yemish Round 1

Yemish will start in B14 holding a loaded crossbow and a power crystal of skate. He will manafest skate from his power crystal, and then move to C23

End of my round. Will do status block later.

theterran
2008-01-02, 08:20 AM
Purchases
Bought a scroll of Mirror Image

Tayalyn - Round 1

@refs
Starting in Y14 with my hawk familiar on my shoulder and a scroll of invisibility in my hand, I cast Invisibility on myself and share the spell with my familiar.
CLC - [roll0] vs DC 4
If it works, I'll move to V13
otherwise I'll stay put in Y14 and draw a scroll of mirror image.
[roll1]
[roll2]

End my Turn.

Stats:
Location:V13
HP: 9/9
AC: 14 Touch: 14 FF: 10
Invisibility (1/30)

Spells:
Level 0 - Caltroups, Sonic Snap, Resistance, Flare (D)
Level 1 - Color Spray, Instant Diversion, Instant Diversion, Burning Hands (D)
Level 2 - Scorching Ray, Scorching Ray

Hawk Stats:
Tiny Animal
HP -- 5/5
AC -- 18 (+2 size, +3 Dex, +3 natural), touch 15, flat-footed 15
Initiative: +3
Speed: 10 ft. (2 squares), fly 60 ft. (average)
Attack/Full Attack: Talons +5 melee (1d4-2)
Low Light Vision
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 6, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 6, Wis 14, Cha 6
Skills: Listen +4, Spot +16
Feats: Alertness, Weapon Finesse

Bigmac
2008-01-02, 10:14 AM
Yemish Round 2


Yemish will move to G26 and [roll0] (-5 for movement included)

Reactives
[roll1]

theterran
2008-01-02, 10:40 AM
Tayalyn - Round 2

@refs
Draw a scroll of Expeditious Retreat, move to R13.
Hawk is still on my shoulder.

We are both Invisible.

My Spot: [roll0]
Hawk Spot: [roll1]

If my hawk spots him, he will tell me. (Sylvan is a language of mine, so yes, I can understand him).

End my Turn.


Stats:

Location:R13
HP: 9/9
AC: 14 Touch: 14 FF: 10
Invisibility (2/30)
Scrolls Used: Invisibility

Spells:

Level 0 - Caltroups, Sonic Snap, Resistance, Flare (D)
Level 1 - Color Spray, Instant Diversion, Instant Diversion, Burning Hands (D)
Level 2 - Scorching Ray, Scorching Ray

Hawk Stats:

Tiny Animal
HP -- 5/5
AC -- 18 (+2 size, +3 Dex, +3 natural), touch 15, flat-footed 15
Initiative: +3
Speed: 10 ft. (2 squares), fly 60 ft. (average)
Attack/Full Attack: Talons +5 melee (1d4-2)
Low Light Vision
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 6, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 6, Wis 14, Cha 6
Skills: Listen +4, Spot +16
Feats: Alertness, Weapon Finesse

Bronz
2008-01-02, 05:11 PM
High Ref Bronz

@Terran

No LoS


@BigMac

No LoS

Bigmac
2008-01-02, 05:43 PM
Yemish Round 3


Manafest Prescience, Offensive
and [roll0]

theterran
2008-01-03, 07:13 AM
Tayalyn - Round 3

@refs
Cast Expeditious Retreat from the Scroll.

Move to H14.

My Spot - [roll0]
My Listen - [roll1]

Hawk Spot - [roll2]
Hawk Listen - [roll3]

If my hawk sees him in a square, he'll tell me.

Both my Hawk and I are Invisibile!


end my Turn
Need an LoS check.

Stats:
Location:H14
HP: 9/9
AC: 14 Touch: 14 FF: 10
Invisibility (3/30)
Expeditious Retreat (1/10)
Scrolls Used: Invisibility, Expeditious Retreat

Spells:

Level 0 - Caltroups, Sonic Snap, Resistance, Flare (D)
Level 1 - Color Spray, Instant Diversion, Instant Diversion, Burning Hands (D)
Level 2 - Scorching Ray, Scorching Ray

Hawk Stats:

Tiny Animal
HP -- 5/5
AC -- 18 (+2 size, +3 Dex, +3 natural), touch 15, flat-footed 15
Initiative: +3
Speed: 10 ft. (2 squares), fly 60 ft. (average)
Attack/Full Attack: Talons +5 melee (1d4-2)
Low Light Vision
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 6, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 6, Wis 14, Cha 6
Skills: Listen +4, Spot +16
Feats: Alertness, Weapon Finesse

Mavian
2008-01-04, 01:47 AM
Ref Mav:

Yemish:

No LoS


Tayalyn

No LoS

Bigmac
2008-01-04, 06:38 AM
Yemish round 4

Yemish will [roll0] in G26 and ready an action to shoot at the first square in rows 16-26 that have footprints appear in them. even if he is invisiable, he should still leave tracks in the sand

I didn't move so no LoS change. Your turn terran.

theterran
2008-01-04, 07:59 AM
Tayalyn - Round 4

@refs
Move to H24 (still have 10ft of movement left plus another action.)
Me and my hawk are invisible.

Tayalyn Spot - [roll0]
Tayalyn Listen - [roll1]

Hawk Spot - [roll2]
Hawk Listen - [roll3]

If my hawk sees or hears anything, he will tell me about it. (Sylvan is a language Tayalyn knows).

Turn not Done, Need LoS check.

Stats:
Location:H24
Hawk Location: my Shoulder.
HP: 9/9
AC: 14 Touch: 14 FF: 10
Invisibility (4/30)
Expeditious Retreat (2/10)
Scrolls Used: Invisibility, Expeditious Retreat
Spells:

Level 0 - Caltroups, Sonic Snap, Resistance, Flare (D)
Level 1 - Color Spray, Instant Diversion, Instant Diversion, Burning Hands (D)
Level 2 - Scorching Ray, Scorching Ray

Hawk Stats:

Tiny Animal
HP -- 5/5
AC -- 18 (+2 size, +3 Dex, +3 natural), touch 15, flat-footed 15
Initiative: +3
Speed: 10 ft. (2 squares), fly 60 ft. (average)
Attack/Full Attack: Talons +5 melee (1d4-2)
Low Light Vision
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 6, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 6, Wis 14, Cha 6
Skills: Listen +4, Spot +16
Feats: Alertness, Weapon Finesse

stimpius
2008-01-04, 08:04 AM
Initiate Referee Stimpius

To Tayalyn


At what height is your familiar?


Sorry Yemish - still his go.

theterran
2008-01-04, 09:58 AM
@refs
He's sitting on my shoulder, but being at the edge of the cliff, shouldn't I be able to see at least some of the squares at the bottom of the cliff? (some in the "F" range and some in the "26" range)

Still my turn, trying to get something cleared up.

Bronz
2008-01-04, 10:13 AM
High Ref Bronz

@Yemish

In order to see tracks in the sand you need a spot check. Might as well roll a listen as well for complete perception.


@Terran

As far as I am aware Sylvan does not equate speak with animals. Since a hawk does not speak a language, it will simply make it's animal noise (a shriek for hawk's I think) when it perceives Yemish. And it does so right now. You see nothing however.

theterran
2008-01-04, 10:30 AM
@Bronz
This is taken from the SRD, so take from it what you will, it's the only thing I could find that might explain what Sylvan actually is.


A druidís bonus language options include Sylvan, the language of woodland creatures.
Would you consider a hawk a woodland creature...:smallconfused:

Bronz
2008-01-04, 10:34 AM
@Terran

Woodland creatures are pixies, nymphs, dryads etc. Not animals.

theterran
2008-01-04, 10:53 AM
@Bronz
humph...I always thought it was the animals...oh well...:smalltongue:

Tayalyn - Round 4 (cont)

@Refs
Draw a Scroll of Mirror Image.

End my Turn.

Ref Question (has no baring on your turn BM):
If I cast Mirror Image while invisible, when I become visible, will he see the extra "me's" as well? -(edit) This is poorly worded, will the mirror images be visible?

Stats:
Location:H24
Hawk Location: my Shoulder.
HP: 9/9
AC: 14 Touch: 14 FF: 10
Invisibility (4/30)
Expeditious Retreat (2/10)
Scrolls Used: Invisibility, Expeditious Retreat
Spells:

Level 0 - Caltroups, Sonic Snap, Resistance, Flare (D)
Level 1 - Color Spray, Instant Diversion, Instant Diversion, Burning Hands (D)
Level 2 - Scorching Ray, Scorching Ray

Hawk Stats:

Tiny Animal
HP -- 5/5
AC -- 18 (+2 size, +3 Dex, +3 natural), touch 15, flat-footed 15
Initiative: +3
Speed: 10 ft. (2 squares), fly 60 ft. (average)
Attack/Full Attack: Talons +5 melee (1d4-2)
Low Light Vision
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 6, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 6, Wis 14, Cha 6
Skills: Listen +4, Spot +16
Feats: Alertness, Weapon Finesse

Bronz
2008-01-04, 11:06 AM
High Ref Bronz

@Terran

Yes, they will be visible when you are.

Bigmac
2008-01-05, 10:10 PM
Yemish Round 5

Hmm, I guess he isn't coming. Do I have any idea where he is?
Passive checks
[roll0]
[roll1] (in case his hawk is hiding somewhere)


Need a ref check.

Bronz
2008-01-05, 11:01 PM
High Ref Bronz

@Yemish

You heard a hawk screech from somewhere above and behind you. You don't see it or perceive Tayalyn anywhere.

Bigmac
2008-01-06, 11:02 AM
Yemish Round 5 cont

Hmm, since I can't rely on spot checks to see the footprints, I'll have to fall back to the old standard. Yemish will draw his powerstone of energy missle and ready an action to use it if he sees and hears tayalyn casting a spell, using a supernatural ability, or attacking him.

Stats:

HP 11
AC 16
Effects: Skate 5/10, Prescience, Offensive 3/10, ready action (above)
Location: G26 (hiding DC13)

theterran
2008-01-07, 07:08 AM
Is it my turn?

Bigmac
2008-01-07, 07:41 AM
doah, yeah, your turn.

theterran
2008-01-07, 09:15 AM
Tayalyn - Round 5

@Refs
Cast Mirror Image from the Scroll.
CLC - [roll0]
# of Images - [roll1]

I will edit in the rest of my move after I see if this fails or not.
What a waste of a spell...:sigh: 1 copy...rest of move in next post.

(edit) Should I get the +1 because of the CL being 3 on the scroll? The spell says 1d4 Images +1 per 3 levels, so should I have 2?

theterran
2008-01-07, 09:31 AM
Tayalyn - Round 5 (cont)

@Refs

Hawk Spot - [roll0]
Hawk Listen - [roll1]
Tayalyn Spot - [roll2]
Tayalyn Listen - [roll3]

If the hawk spots Yemish, he will attack. (This shouldn't break my invisibility, just my hawks).
[roll4]
[roll5] (Min 1)

Then Tayalyn will move silently to J24.
[roll6]


End my Turn.

Stats:

Location:J24
Hawk Location: Depends on Spot Check
HP: 9/9
AC: 14 Touch: 14 FF: 10
Invisibility (5/30)
Expeditious Retreat (3/10)
Mirror Image (1/30)
Scrolls Used: Invisibility, Expeditious Retreat, Mirror Image
Spells:

Level 0 - Caltroups, Sonic Snap, Resistance, Flare (D)
Level 1 - Color Spray, Instant Diversion, Instant Diversion, Burning Hands (D)
Level 2 - Scorching Ray, Scorching Ray

Hawk Stats:

Tiny Animal
HP -- 5/5
AC -- 18 (+2 size, +3 Dex, +3 natural), touch 15, flat-footed 15
Initiative: +3
Speed: 10 ft. (2 squares), fly 60 ft. (average)
Attack/Full Attack: Talons +5 melee (1d4-2)
Low Light Vision
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 6, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 6, Wis 14, Cha 6
Skills: Listen +4, Spot +16
Feats: Alertness, Weapon Finesse

Kyeudo
2008-01-07, 06:38 PM
GM Kyeudo

Tayalyn - Round 5

@Refs
Cast Mirror Image from the Scroll.
CLC - [roll0]
. . .
(edit) Should I get the +1 because of the CL being 3 on the scroll? The spell says 1d4 Images +1 per 3 levels, so should I have 2?


Yes, you get the +1, since the scroll's CL is 3. You have 2 images.

Bigmac
2008-01-07, 06:53 PM
LoS? Here's my passive for the round if it helps


[roll0]
[roll1]

theterran
2008-01-09, 10:25 AM
I'm done...are you needing a ref before you take your turn BM?

Bigmac
2008-01-09, 11:06 AM
I dunno? I guess since your invisiable there isn't any LoS, but I was waiting to see if I sensed anything before I took my turn. So yes I am waiting on results from my spot and listen checks before moving forward. I could tell you what I rolled, but without revealing my location you wouldn't be able to add the correct modifiers and so wouldn't be able to tell me if I sensed you or not.

theterran
2008-01-09, 11:14 AM
Very true, I'll request a ref again.

Maurkov
2008-01-11, 12:36 PM
Ref Maurkov

Still working through the actions for the LoS check. Meanwhile:
@theterranHow did you cast from the invisible scroll?

theterran
2008-01-11, 12:42 PM
@Maurkov
You know, I never even considered that...:smallannoyed:
So what's the plan here now...since I've basically casted from scrolls since the onset of this match, it would pretty much make all my actions invalid from Round 2 on...

Should this be started over? or just Rewind it back to Round 2? or just say that I never casted anything from scrolls other than invisibility and still have them in my possession?

Maurkov
2008-01-11, 01:15 PM
Ref Maurkov

@theterranIf you're okay with that, yes, let's "uncast" the two scrolls. Rewinding to round 3 isn't fair to Bigmac since you've got extra information now that you didn't have then, and I'd rather not restart restart the match.

The hawk can still see him, so we'll resove that attack. You move to J24.

A hawk appears at G25, 10' up, enters H24, 0' and attacks. It hits AC23 for 2 points of slashing/piercing damage. If Yemish threatens at 5' or 10', he can take an AoO.

@BigmacI don't believe that triggers the readied action. You see the hawk. No sign of Tayalyn
It is Yemish's turn.

Bigmac
2008-01-11, 01:22 PM
did he roll for concealment? I'm in a squre that has a 30% chance for him to miss even if it hit my AC. I might threaten if you would consider a crossbow to be a makeshift melee weapon, but I doubt I would hit with my whopping 6 str so I won't even bother with the attack.

Yemish will remain where he is for now.

End of his turn.

Stats:

HP 11 (or mybe 9)
AC 16
Effects: Skate 5/10, Prescience, Offensive 3/10, ready action (below)
Location: G26 (hiding DC13)

Ready Action: Use power stone of energy missle if he sees and hears tayalyn casting a spell, using a supernatural ability, or attacking him

Maurkov
2008-01-11, 01:31 PM
Ref Maurkov


did he roll for concealment?
No. theterran, please roll that now.
@bigmac, refsIf you're not holding still (Dex Mod -> -5), are you still able to hide effectively? RAW, I see there's a -20 for attacking, but no mention of defending. If you still consider yourself hidden, I'll want a high ref to "make up rules."

theterran
2008-01-11, 01:38 PM
@Maurkov
There is a problem with that though...I did cast Expeditious Retreat from a scroll, so i got the added bonus of being able to move at a quicker rate. Actually, since I didn't cast any of those spells, we can just say I double moved and continue as is.

[roll0] > 30 Hits
(edit) Meh...

You're up in Round 6 BM.

Update Ref Stats:
Location:J24
Hawk Location: Depends on Spot Check
HP: 9/9
AC: 14 Touch: 14 FF: 10
Invisibility (5/30)
Scrolls Used: Invisibility
Spells:

Level 0 - Caltroups, Sonic Snap, Resistance, Flare (D)
Level 1 - Color Spray, Instant Diversion, Instant Diversion, Burning Hands (D)
Level 2 - Scorching Ray, Scorching Ray
Hawk Stats:

Tiny Animal
HP -- 5/5
AC -- 18 (+2 size, +3 Dex, +3 natural), touch 15, flat-footed 15
Initiative: +3
Speed: 10 ft. (2 squares), fly 60 ft. (average)
Attack/Full Attack: Talons +5 melee (1d4-2)
Low Light Vision
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 6, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 6, Wis 14, Cha 6
Skills: Listen +4, Spot +16
Feats: Alertness, Weapon Finesse

Bigmac
2008-01-11, 01:57 PM
Forgot to edit that out when I cut and pasted the status block. I'm in G26, trying not to get my eyes pecked out. He remains in that square for now.

End of round 6.

Stats:

HP 11 (or mybe 9)
AC 16
Effects: Skate 6/10, Prescience, Offensive 4/10, ready action (below)
Location: G26

Ready Action: Use power stone of energy missle if he sees and hears tayalyn casting a spell, using a supernatural ability, or attacking him

Maurkov
2008-01-11, 02:01 PM
Ref Maurkov

@theterran, refs
[W]e can just say I double moved and continue as is.Yes.Yemish completed his Round 6 action, but I may need a response from Bigmac and/or a high ref to proceed.

Edit: Ninja

theterran
2008-01-11, 02:47 PM
Tayalyn - Round 6

@Refs
My hawk is a tiny creature so he actually has to enter into the square that my opponent occupies in order to attack.

Assuming my hawk can still see him, my hawk will attack again, and Tayalyn will watch where he attack before making her move.

Hawk Attacks Yemish again (assuming LoS wasn't broken)

[roll0]
[roll1]

@refs
Assuming I can see which square the hawk attacks, I will let it get clear and then Fiery Burst the square it attacked.

[roll2] Reflex Halves DC:17

Depending on if he has a readied action will effect my move action.

Turn Not Finished.

Maurkov
2008-01-11, 04:39 PM
Ref Maurkov

What with dodging the hawk, BM and I agreed that Yemish isn't effectivly hiding anymore. You can see him in G26. After the hawk misses and before the next thing, where does the hawk go?

theterran
2008-01-11, 04:56 PM
He'll fly on to E26

Maurkov
2008-01-11, 05:35 PM
Ref Maurkov

After the second unsuccessful attack, the hawk flies off to E26. Then an explosion of fire scorches Yemish (7 pts Ref DC17 for 1/2). Tayalyn appears in J24.

@BigmacBy a strict reading of the ready action, it does not trigger. While she was producing the blast she was invisible. Now that she's visible, she's no longer doing anything on the trigger list. I won't be offended if you go get a second opinion.Yemish doesn't react.

It is still theterran's turn.

Bigmac
2008-01-11, 07:40 PM
I would argue that Tayalyn would become visable just before the effect as we have treated all other cases where a caster is casting an offensive area of effect spell targeting an opponent. An invisble caster becomes visable before the color spray is resolved. Thus, Yemish would see him in the process of attacking him via the supernatural ability and that would trigger his ready action. I guess it boils down to how you determine the ready action. You can also refer to how a similar situation was resolved the first time we fought here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66713)

Kyeudo
2008-01-11, 08:07 PM
GM Kyeudo


I would argue that Tayalyn would become visable just before the effect as we have treated all other cases where a caster is casting an offensive area of effect spell targeting an opponent. An invisble caster becomes visable before the color spray is resolved. Thus, Yemish would see him in the process of attacking him via the supernatural ability and that would trigger his ready action. I guess it boils down to how you determine the ready action. You can also refer to how a similar situation was resolved the first time we fought here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66713)

The example you cited should seriously have required referee attention, as it wasn't handled correctly. I'm sorry I missed it.

Anyway, the action that causes the break in invisibility happens while still invisible (since it gains all the benefits from being invisible), as far as I read the rules. However, I would rule that Bigmac's ready action still triggers, but it occurs after Tayalyn's fiery burst. I think the trigger is close enough to count.

Maurkov
2008-01-11, 08:07 PM
Ref Maurkov

Are you saying that if an invisible caster was using a weapon-like spell, you wouldn't be denied your dex against the attack? If the caster was adjacent, would he trigger an AoO from the casting, or from using a missile attack (full concealment generally being proof against AoOs)? I'm not convinced. I think the caster appears after the attack resolves, once he is no longer casting.

Edit: Ninjas everywhere. So, I have been overruled: Yemish reacts.

Bigmac
2008-01-11, 09:38 PM
Reflex Save
[roll0] vs dc17

Yemish's action is to manafest his power stone.
[roll1] vs dc3

If successful it deals [roll2], DC12 fort save for half.

Bigmac
2008-01-11, 11:16 PM
[roll0] vs dc 5

theterran
2008-01-12, 09:35 AM
Tayalyn - Round 6 (cont)

I move north and break LoS.

@refs
I move to I 20.

End my Turn.

Stats:
Location:I20
Hawk Location: E25
HP: 9/9
AC: 14 Touch: 14 FF: 10
Scrolls Used: Invisibility
Spells:

Level 0 - Caltroups, Sonic Snap, Resistance, Flare (D)
Level 1 - Color Spray, Instant Diversion, Instant Diversion, Burning Hands (D)
Level 2 - Scorching Ray, Scorching Ray

Hawk Stats:

Tiny Animal
HP -- 5/5
AC -- 18 (+2 size, +3 Dex, +3 natural), touch 15, flat-footed 15
Initiative: +3
Speed: 10 ft. (2 squares), fly 60 ft. (average)
Attack/Full Attack: Talons +5 melee (1d4-2)
Low Light Vision
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 6, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 6, Wis 14, Cha 6
Skills: Listen +4, Spot +16
Feats: Alertness, Weapon Finesse

Bigmac
2008-01-12, 02:27 PM
Yemish Round 7


Yemish will move from G26 to F25->B25->A26. There he will drop his power stone as a free action and then fire his crossbow at the hawk. He will also expend his psionic focus to use psionic shot.

[roll0]
[roll1]


End of my turn. Probably need an LoS check.

Stats:

HP 8
AC 16
Effects: Skate 7/10, Prescience, Offensive 5/10
Location: A26

theterran
2008-01-14, 10:58 AM
((Assuming no LoS))
Tayalyn - Round 7

@Refs
Move Action: Draw scroll of Mirror Image.
Standard Action: Cast Mirror Image.

CLC - [roll0] DC4
Images - [roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

End my Turn.

Stats:
Location:I20
Hawk Location: E25
HP: 9/9
AC: 14 Touch: 14 FF: 10
Scrolls Used: Invisibility, Mirror Image
Spells:

Level 0 - Caltroups, Sonic Snap, Resistance, Flare (D)
Level 1 - Color Spray, Instant Diversion, Instant Diversion, Burning Hands (D)
Level 2 - Scorching Ray, Scorching Ray

Hawk Stats:

Tiny Animal
HP -- 5/5
AC -- 18 (+2 size, +3 Dex, +3 natural), touch 15, flat-footed 15
Initiative: +3
Speed: 10 ft. (2 squares), fly 60 ft. (average)
Attack/Full Attack: Talons +5 melee (1d4-2)
Low Light Vision
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 6, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 6, Wis 14, Cha 6
Skills: Listen +4, Spot +16
Feats: Alertness, Weapon Finesse

Bronz
2008-01-14, 11:09 AM
High Ref Bronz

LoS re-established with Yemish in A26 who fired a bolt at and missed the hawk and Tayalyn in I20.

Terran may redo his turn if wanted as it was done with the assumption of no LoS.

theterran
2008-01-14, 11:26 AM
FYI, the hawk is in E26.

I'll keep my actions as is.

You're up BM, and btw, you see 4 of me. :smallbiggrin:

Bigmac
2008-01-14, 11:44 AM
I'm pretty sure that even though I failed the CL check, that since I passed the wisdom check that the stone is still good. I'll bo operating under those assumptions.

Yemish will pick up his energy stone and try to manafest it again. The energy missle power can target up to 5 people no more than 15ft apart, so one missle will hit each Tayalyn.

[roll0] vs DC3
[roll1], Fort save DC12 for half

Stats:

HP 8
AC 16
Effects: Skate 8/10, Prescience, Offensive 6/10
Location: A26

Bronz
2008-01-14, 12:23 PM
High Ref Bronz

I'm sorry BigMac, but I disagree. As powerstones are directly related to scrolls, the rules for scrolls can be used.

So Quoteth the SRD:


Activating a scroll spell is subject to disruption just as casting a normally prepared spell would be. Using a scroll is like casting a spell for purposes of arcane spell failure chance.


As scroll use is subject to disruption (and therefore consumed as a spell is), a failed casting can be assumed to be a disruption. There was no mishap but the power is gone.

Feel free to grab Jacob or Kyeudo if you disagree.

Bigmac
2008-01-14, 12:38 PM
From the 3.5 FAQ on wizards. If you don't sucessfully activate a scroll and make your wisdom check then the scroll is not used up. Since Power stone = scroll pretty much, I figure this is the same for power stones.

It is located on the 3.5 FAQ on this page.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/faq

On page 54 under Scrolls.

Bronz
2008-01-14, 12:41 PM
High Ref Bronz

I stand corrected. I was going off of intuition via the SRD. Didn't know it was in the FAQ (which contradicts reason sometimes). But as we are using the tower shield rules out of the FAQ this should be no different.

Carry on.

theterran
2008-01-14, 01:08 PM
Lovely...a save or die...

[roll0]

and we continue on...

theterran
2008-01-14, 01:20 PM
Tayalyn - Round 8

Draw a scroll.
Cast the spell from the scroll.
@refs
Mage Armor

Meanwhile, my hawk moves to B26 and attack Yemish.

[roll0]
[roll1]

End my Turn.

Stats:
Location:I20
Hawk Location: B26
HP: 3/9
AC: 18 Touch: 14 FF: 14
Scrolls Used: Invisibility, Mirror Image, Mage Armor
Spells:

Level 0 - Caltroups, Sonic Snap, Resistance, Flare (D)
Level 1 - Color Spray, Instant Diversion, Instant Diversion, Burning Hands (D)
Level 2 - Scorching Ray, Scorching Ray

Hawk Stats:

Tiny Animal
HP -- 5/5
AC -- 18 (+2 size, +3 Dex, +3 natural), touch 15, flat-footed 15
Initiative: +3
Speed: 10 ft. (2 squares), fly 60 ft. (average)
Attack/Full Attack: Talons +5 melee (1d4-2)
Low Light Vision
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 6, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 6, Wis 14, Cha 6
Skills: Listen +4, Spot +16
Feats: Alertness, Weapon Finesse

Bigmac
2008-01-14, 01:26 PM
Move action to reload the crossbow, standard action to fire it at Tayalyn.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Edit: I think that should do it. While your hawk could get an AoO, I don't think it can do 8hp to drop me before I fire the bolt.

Stats:

HP 8
AC 16
Effects: Skate 9/10, Prescience, Offensive 7/10
Location: A26

theterran
2008-01-14, 01:43 PM
:sigh:

all I needed was 1 win to get to level 2...:smallyuk:

Nice Match...

Well...that's another Silver for Tayalyn...

Bronz
2008-01-14, 02:06 PM
High Ref Bronz

And Yemish gets to join his old friend Red Moon in the level 2 ranks.

Yemish wins and gains round rewards.