PDA

View Full Version : The Adventures of Your Avatar



Jolly Steve
2008-01-01, 06:31 AM
A few days out of port, the ship is thrown off course by a terrible storm, and runs aground on one of the many unknown reefs in the White Sea. The sea vomits many pieces of flotsam on to the beach, including yourselves.

rockdeworld
2008-01-01, 09:53 AM
[OOC: What ship? Were we all sailing for distant lands, in search of mighty adventure? I guess I'll go with that premise in mind. Is it rainy or sunny? Night or day?

Also, is it alright for me to use a different name than my login name?]

*Cough! Cough!* The sea-soaked explorer tried to empty his lungs of the foamy saltwater that had filled them only seconds before. Then the taste of the saltwater spewing from his lips nauseated his stomach, and he vomited up the rest. Afterwards, his arms failed him and he fell to the sand beside his sickness, weak from his previous ordeal. He reflected on how it had all happened.

The storm had come out of nowhere, taking both the ship and its sailors by suprise. Fierce winds had caught the sails before the sailors could reign them in, and the ship had been blown largely off course, so much so that it had evidently come upon shallow water. As the ship fell, the explorer had been thrown overboard, caught by the waters, and dashed upon the beach of... Wherever he was.

Checking his person, the explorer verified that, while every part of his being was wet, none of his equipment was missing.

That's the good thing about being an explorer, I guess. He thought to himself. Nothing to lose.

Standing up, the explorer tested his legs - they seemed to be fine, after his short rest - and checked his surroundings. Several other people were likewise recovering their bearings - it seemed that he was not the only person who had washed up on the beach. He then turned his gaze inward on the land, away from the sandy beach and watery ocean.

[OOC: Could I get a good description of the area visible from the beach?]

I_am_an_undead
2008-01-01, 10:04 AM
A shambling corpse rose slowly from the depths were it had sunk, seaweed still clinging to its unliving flesh. It starts walking along the beach, looking for survivors, either for food or company, until it notices the others, and begins heading toward them, vomiting the water and diverse rubbish that obstructed its throat, so to be able to talk, in case it became neccesary for its survival.

((Eee, a bit short. Oh well, I'll do better next time))

MrEdwardNigma
2008-01-01, 05:15 PM
The wizard got up and dusted his cloak. As he did so, he inspected the beach they had stranded upon.
"Hrmpf" he mumbled. He was extremely moody and seemed to take the ship stranding as a personal offence. As he inspected the other people (or whatever they were) stranded on the island, he suddenly realised his cloak had been more than adequately dusted. He quickly removed his hand, somewhat embarrased.

Suddenly, the wizard spotted something in the sand, and he seemed to cheer up a great deal. He quickly got down on his knees and pulled out his golden, questionmark shaped cane. He rose triumphantly and held the object above his head. He was complete again!
This day might turn out to be not so bad after all- he thought. But his cheer didn't last long, as he soon noticed that he had gotten sand all over his precious purple cloak again by kneeling down. The wizard grumbled and started dusting it again.

Altharis
2008-01-01, 07:25 PM
Altharis, Defender of Walruskind!

When the storm hit, Altharis was prepared.

Not prepared by any previous flash of insight, nor prepared by a sheer Cub Scout-like readiness. No.

Altharis was prepared....by biology!

Not his own physical form of course (Gnomes? Swimming?), but that of his trusty walrus sidekick, Jarlsberg.

As soon as the first banks of thunder started to rumble, as if struck by the hammer of the gods themselves, Jarlsberg's sound reception organs perked up. When the first waves began to splash over the deck, Jarlsberg and his master were already out of the rickety boat and swimming next to it, to avoid any wreckage. And when the first bolts of lightning commenced stabbing down from the heavens, like celestial daggers of purifying fire, Jarlsberg.....well, he panicked. But that's natural. Though Altharis did manage to calm him, speaking to him in his walrusy language.

After the storm, Altharis and his walrus friend circled the beach, looking around to see if any survivors had...well...survived, and also getting the lay of the land imprinted onto their salt-wracked brains.

((I'd like a noice description of the greater beach area, if you please.))

Once survivors were found, our heroes wasted no time in speeding over there, to take an inventory and lay on hands flippers.

"Hail, fellow travellers!" Was our gnomish friend's first cry, "Be ye in need of aid?"

And so they listened, ears and sound reception organs generally directed to the four winds, for the sweet sound of any sign of life.

Koga
2008-01-01, 07:46 PM
Koga washes up on the beach and at first is groaning. And island full of wild animals, savages, and then suddenly his groan turns into a homer simpson "hmmm!"


Where there's savages, there's young virgins to be gained by impressing the primitives with mudane things..
http://linasblog.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/death-note-just-as-planned1.gif

I_am_an_undead
2008-01-01, 08:49 PM
Let's see what we have here... a black-hooded guy, probably neither tasty nor very talkitive, but at least he seems to be smart. Some weirdly familiar guy with a weird interogation mark staff-thing. Seems a bit out of it, better leave him alone. Mmmm, bite-size... No, I probably shouldn't eat a gnome. The walrus could make a fine dish though. And then there's... that guy. What is he doing anyway? He looks like he is plotting something. But then again, he seems like the kind of person that is always plotting something. He's skinny, probably gone bad since long. Oh well, it's not polite to eat someone you just met anyway.

The undying creature continued to approach the group, groaning a little as a plank that was lodged in his left leg hindered his movements a bit. He decided that since he wasn't going to eat anyone, he might as well strike a conversation, while hoping that the mortals wouldn't team on him because of the whole "abomination against nature" thing. With that decided, he headed toward the gnome, who seemed to be the most talkitive of them.

"Exx..."

His voice cracked from underuse, but he quickly cleared it, and continued in the most normal manner his decaying windpipe would allow him.

"Excuse mee, but do yo... yooou know..."

This is getting on my nerves. Even though they stopped functioning Come on, you stupid body, do what I tell you to!

"... Where we mig...ht be?"

Getting tired of the plank impeding his movement, he took a time to retire it, and throw it away.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-01-02, 06:16 AM
The wizard finally managed cleaning his robes and moved on to different things. He suddenly noticed the zombie lurching around the beach. Now, he wasn't sure of this, as all zombies looked pretty much alike, but it seemed to be the one he had created several years prior and taken along with him in his suitcase. The whole suitcase thing was to prevent embarrasing circumstances such as this, where the daft undead made attempts at casual conversation. Another reason was, off course, to prevent him from dining on people's brains.

He walked over to the gnome and the undead and monitored the conversation, in case things would turn to braineating. Keeping at a distance from the walrus, in case the creature would try to hump his leg, he said "Honestly, I have no idea at all where we are, because the narrator hasn't bothered giving us any description of this place besides the fact that this is beach", shattering the fourth wall completely.

Mordokai
2008-01-02, 07:46 AM
Waking up from something of a sleep, Lars looks around him.

"Funny, I don't remember having beach camping planned today."

Then he remembers about the ship and it's sinking.

"Hm, guess I should be happy that I find myself on a beach instead on the bottom of the ocean. With all this armor on I can swim as well as... our late ship."

He then starts rummaging in the sand and he soon pulls out a sword.

"Luck is still with me. Without my sword I wouldn't feel as good as I do now. But why do I have this feeling that something. or somebody, is missing?"

Right after saying that, his eyes widen and he smacks himself on the forehead. When he starts looking around he notices there are others on the beach, so he steps up to them.

"Well met travelers. My name is Lars, and looks like we're marooned together. I have a question for you. Has any of you perchance saw my traveling companion? She was on the same ship as I and you, but she is a little shy, so I doubt you saw her much. She is nymph that goes by the name of Lania. I would describe her, but I'm pretty sure everybody will know her if they see her."

With that, a little smile appears on Lars's face.

((OOC: Apology for my late reply. I had one prepared yesterday, but FF crashed just before I pushed reply button. And after that I couldn't muster enought will for typing again :smallamused: ))

I_am_an_undead
2008-01-02, 09:37 AM
The zombie turned his head toward the wizard has he spoke, and frowned upon realising who he was. He didn't ressent his creator for making him what he was today, as undeath was not nearly as bad as what some people thought, except the craving for brains, which could be of some inconvinience. He didn't ressent the whole suitcase business either, since it was long since his undying body lost the ability to feel unconfortable. But still, the man creeped him out, and when someone managed to creep out an undead, there must be something very wrong with him, right? Maybe not, but one thing the zombie was sure was that if he was to try to put him in a suitcase again, this time, he wouldn't be so accomodating.

T'was then, while the corpse was deep in his thoughts, that yet another survivor made himself known. He seemed even more talkitive than even the gnome, but he was talking mostly to himself. He seemed like a nice guy, a knight of some sort, a... Oh no, a paladin! He did look the part, and paladins typically don't tolerate the presence of undead, or braineating for the matter. Oh well, maybe he wasn't a paladin, only time would tell. Still, he decided to keep an eye on the man, just in case.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-02, 10:25 AM
[OOC: What ship? Were we all sailing for distant lands, in search of mighty adventure? I guess I'll go with that premise in mind. Is it rainy or sunny? Night or day?

It's your choice where you were going.

It's a bright and sunny day.




[OOC: Could I get a good description of the area visible from the beach?]

Looking inland the beach quickly turns into dense forest.

The main thing you can hear, other than each other, is the sound of birds and insects coming from the forest, louder than anything you'd hear at home.

The beach curves around out of sight in both directions.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-02, 10:26 AM
[Also, is it alright for me to use a different name than my login name?]

Sure, no worries.

rockdeworld
2008-01-02, 11:10 AM
Keeping at a distance from the walrus, in case the creature would try to hump his leg, he said "Honestly, I have no idea at all where we are, because the narrator hasn't bothered giving us any description of this place besides the fact that this is beach", shattering the fourth wall completely.
[OOC: LOL! XD

@Mordekai: I understand better than you know exactly how that feels, and you have my sympathy.]

The explorer turns back towards the now-gathering group of people. A quick assessment of them tells him they are, like himself, adventurers, except perhaps for the zombie, which appears to be in conversation with a gnome on a walrus...

Quite an odd bunch... The explorer thinks to himself. But can they handle themselves as they are? I guess I'll find out.

Roll to see if I can tell what races and classes everyone is: [roll0]

He walks over to the group and introduces himself with a short bow.

"Hello all. Is everyone alright? It seems we've been stranded alone on this beach, as I don't see any of the ship's crew around... Or most of the ship itself.

"I would normally say that we should simply walk along the beach until we either find signs of civilization, or we circle around, if this is an island, but as I don't think our DM has prepared for that, what say we instead venture into that dark and looming forest, where unspeakable creatures and painful death may await?" He continues, breaking even the shattered remains of the fourth wall.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-02, 11:22 AM
Hello all. Is everyone alright? It seems we've been stranded alone on this beach, as I don't see any of the ship's crew around... Or the ship itself.

You can see bits of it.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-02, 11:24 AM
Roll to see if I can tell what races and classes everyone is:

You can all tell what race everyone is without having to roll. There aren't any classes in this system.

Ichneumon
2008-01-02, 12:54 PM
I do what I am supposed to do, doing it where I am supposed to do it. I think...

OOC: So, I am not here yet, but I thought I should announce my absence for those that do not check the old thread. I will be here, soon. Or so I hope.:smallwink:

Koga
2008-01-02, 01:18 PM
Koga looks over, it looks like he's staring blanky over to his right but really he's seeing what Ryuk knows about the living dead.

http://dharana.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/ryuk_y_yagami.jpg
"I can't see a name or anything on that ugly slow talking guy's head Koga.. Whatever that thing is, it isn't human.. There are apples on this island right?"

Light attempts to aquaint himself with the people he's stuck with better while trying to remain diplomatic and getout thier full names.

"Well, there's no point in standing around here, we should all introduce ourselves and look for a cave or something for the night.. My name is Yogowhomari Nekoton. What's your full names?"

Ryuk looks over at Koga "That's not your name.. oooooh! A fake one so they cannot use the deathnote against you! Smart boy.. Now find me some apples damnit!"

Expert check to bluff for name:
[roll0]

Expert check to perusade others to give thier full-names:
[roll1]

Jolly Steve
2008-01-02, 01:34 PM
At that very moment, a strange glow appears in the air, hovering above the beach.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-02, 01:37 PM
Expert check to bluff for name:
[roll0]

Expert check to perusade others to give thier full-names:
[roll1]

OOC: try not to roll yourselves, because I might adjust the difficulty etc.

rockdeworld
2008-01-02, 02:32 PM
[OOC: So should we just say when we're doing a check and what die we would normally use and you'll roll for us? Also, approximately where is the glow in comparison to the group?]

"Hold fast!" The explorer says, turning to face the sudden appearance of light. In the same movement he draws his sword and has it ready, in case the light turned out to be something more malicious than a mere glow in the air. "Identify yourself!" He calls to the glow.

Altharis
2008-01-02, 05:55 PM
As the zombie began talking to him, Altharis suddenly realised one very disconcerting thing: The GM hadn't mentioned a jungle before, and hadn't even responded to his statement about scouting around from the ocean and getting a wide-angle view of the beach! And then, before a proper character introducing conversation could even begin, he introduced a new point of the plot! Shock! He had to warn the others before it was too late:

"Everybody! Do not panic! I know exactly what's happening! Calm down! Now, let me explain: Do you notice how the DM hasn't fully described our surroundings in detail?" The fourth wall takes another solid blow. "So we can deduce that it's not an investigative campaign, as those are usually full of detail. And notice how he hasn't given us full time to introduce our characters before starting the plot with a glowing light?" A roundhouse kick to the fourth wall, followed by a series of quick jabs. "Then we can safely say that this will not be a roleplaying-heavy campaign, as those usually drag the opening discussions on for ages. But he is introducing a point of the plot, most likely a combat, at the start, so we can safely say that this will be and action-based, or at least action-filled, game." ....There goes what remained of the fourth wall. "So basically, what I'm saying is: Draw your weapons and roll initiative!"

After that lengthy speech, he draws his sceptre and assumes a defensive stance around the others and Jarlsberg. (Mainly Jarlsberg.)

rockdeworld
2008-01-02, 06:30 PM
((OOC: *Small laugh* I think that one went a bit far :smallbiggrin: Maybe we should keep the in-character speech in character from now on.))

Altharis
2008-01-02, 06:33 PM
((OOC: Nevar! No fourth wall shall be left unbroken! Plus, what's a good game if I can't kindly nitpick the execution of it? :smallbiggrin: Perfectionists unite!))

rockdeworld
2008-01-02, 06:41 PM
((OOC: I think we need an OOC thread.))

I_am_an_undead
2008-01-02, 08:45 PM
The zombie groaned again, visibly annoyed. He prepared to fight, even though his leading theory about the light was that it was the hole in the fourth wall that those fools had certainly peirced. At this rate, they would unravel reality itself and provoke the apocalypse. Hopefully not, but the if they insist so much on derailing the game, who knows.

((OOC: Seriously now, I think this joke is already getting old))

Jolly Steve
2008-01-03, 03:53 AM
[OOC: So should we just say when we're doing a check and what die we would normally use and you'll roll for us?

No, just say what your character is trying to do 'in the story', and I'll decide on difficulty, what dice to use etc.



Also, approximately where is the glow in comparison to the group?]

a couple of metres away.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-03, 03:55 AM
The glow starts to emit a noise, a little like the humming of bees.

rockdeworld
2008-01-03, 09:16 AM
Not the answer I was looking for... The explorer thought to himself, and he held his stance, putting himself between the group and the strange light. I just hope that whatever it is, it isn't malevolent.

"Is anyone a spellcaster?" The explorer asked out loud to those behind him. "Can you cast any spells that could help in this situation? Any non-violent spells?" He added for emphasis.

Mordokai
2008-01-03, 02:05 PM
Finally noticing the zombie, Lars looks at him and point at him with his sword.

"What is this mockery of life doing here? Don't tell me somebody of you is vile necromancer. Zombies, and indeed, all undead are to be destroyed on spot."

Just when he readies himself to cleave the zombie to half he notices the strange glow and noise that is near to them.

"This is strange indeed. Perhaps you are right, we should investigate that. But I'm not very adept in the way of magic. Somebody else should probably do this better then I."

He then turn to zombie.

"I'm keeping my eyes on you, so don't get any ideas."

MrEdwardNigma
2008-01-03, 07:05 PM
Not the answer I was looking for... The explorer thought to himself, and he held his stance, putting himself between the group and the strange light. I just hope that whatever it is, it isn't malevolent.

"Is anyone a spellcaster?" The explorer asked out loud to those behind him. "Can you cast any spells that could help in this situation? Any non-violent spells?" He added for emphasis.

The wizard sneers.
"Ha! Non-violent spells? What's the use of that? If you like, I could electrify the glow though..."
The wizard quickly moves on from this train of thought as the glow i glowy enough already without being jolted by a lightning bolt. Instead, he picks up a pebble and tosses it at the glow.

[OOC: Oh, and I started the whole breaking of the fourth wall thing because it basically suits my character]

I_am_an_undead
2008-01-03, 10:04 PM
So he is a paladin. Just my luck.

The zombie listened to Lars's rant without great interest, and smiled sweetly at him when he half-treatened him, which came out as very creepy, due to his rotting countenance. He suddenly found a liking in that light, since it seemed to be all that separated him from the pointy end of the knight's sword. He did not find any sudden liking for his creator however, but he refrained to point out right now that it was the wizard who cast the spells that raised him from the dead so as to not get on his bad side. The man was half-insane, as far as the zombie could see, but he could still be useful if the paladin attack, especially since he doesn't seem to be exactly fond of goody-two-shoes.

((OOC: First post of the second page!:smallbiggrin: ))

rockdeworld
2008-01-03, 11:56 PM
[OOC: Oh, and I started the whole breaking of the fourth wall thing because it basically suits my character]

[OOC: I continued it because it's a funny running joke. I just think there's a limit to how much we should do it IC.]

"I could electrify the glow though..."

"Wait on that..." The explorer answered, watching the stone apprehensively. He didn't think the stone would actually affect the hovering glow, but he wanted to see its reaction.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-04, 09:03 AM
Instead, he picks up a pebble and tosses it at the glow.

It passes through the glow, as through normal air, and comes to rest on the other side.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-01-04, 11:09 AM
MrEdwardNigma shrugs.
"Well, that's that then, it's just air. Nothing to see here, just move along!" he says, and he walks off toward the forest.

(Are there any other points of interest around the beach besides the forest and the glow? Is the ship's wreckage somewhere in the vicinity?)

rockdeworld
2008-01-04, 01:12 PM
[OOC: Are there any mountains? Anything visible at all besides forest? One more thing - we need to get our character info into an OOC thread quick, before the signup thread gets deleted.]

The explorer, though, was not so easily convinced. He turned back to the group, but kept the glow in his peripheral vision. In my experience, 'just air' doesn't do things like that. He thought to himself. It the rock hadn't done anything, though, he wasn't going to press it.

"I suppose we have no choice. I don't see anything that can help us around here." The explorer responds. Sheathing his sword, he takes one last look around the area to see if there is anything useful among the wreckage of the ship scattered around the beach.

Mordokai
2008-01-04, 06:51 PM
"If this glow doesn't seem to be dangreous all the better. However, I still have the matter of my missing companion to solve. Seeing that there is a forest nearby this is my next move. She hasn't been in her natural enviroment for some time, I'm sure she would be delighted to see some forest creatures again. If anybody of you wants to help me they are welcome to join."

With that, Lars walks towards forest, avoiding the strange glow.

Altharis
2008-01-04, 08:31 PM
As Altharis heard the talk of wreckage, he decided to mention what he'd found earlier on his scouting trip.

"Good Comrades, before I came to this beach, I had the luxury of not being unconcious, unlike the rest of you, might I add. I took this magnificent opportunity to scout out the local beach area. Needless to say I found something." He then pulls an empty birdcage out of one of Jarlsberg's fold of blubber. Jarlsberg winces visibly. "I saw the body of a stout rural-looking fellow, holding this in his dead hand. He had no other possesions on his body. So Jarlsberg and I dug a shallow trench and gave him a decent burial. I marked the spot where he lay, though."

He then offers the cage to whoever seems interested.

Then he speaks to Lars: "You request aid for your quest, defender of humanity? Then I, a defender of Walruskind, shall come with you! I have no little skill with my sceptre of office, and my healing spells are potent. I also carry the trap-disabling skills of my gnomish heritage. Waht say you, ser?"

Jolly Steve
2008-01-04, 10:57 PM
Is the ship's wreckage somewhere in the vicinity?)

The ship's wreckage is partly strewn across the beach, and it looks like there's some in the water.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-04, 10:59 PM
There is an enormous bang - the glow disappears, and in its place stands a strangely-clad woman. and bewildered-looking woman.

I_am_an_undead
2008-01-05, 12:22 AM
The undead was going to follow the others, but was stopped by the huge sound. Turning around, he was left stunned for a second by the apparition of the woman. Collecting his thoughts, he slowly walked toward the deliciousmysterious-looking woman, with the intent to eat greet her.

Don't try to crack her skull open, don't try to crack her skull open, whatever you do, just don't try to crack her skull open. Just don't think about consuming human flesh... damnit!

"Er, hello, welcome to this... place. Pleased to meet you... whoever you are."

With that said, he extended his withering hand toward the woman.

Ichneumon
2008-01-05, 03:15 AM
The young woman, dressed in strange green clothes, looks bewildered. She rubs her head, apparently she had a headache.

"Stupid transporter. I should have bought the new flashy one from Macingtosh instead. This one always crashes and-"

The woman stops speaking and looks around. Judging from her face she isn't that old, 18 maybe 19 years old. Her boots and raincoat seem to indicate that she comes from a different era... far into the future

This doesn't look like anywhere near the European Zone. Where am I? She looks at her watch. Presses a few buttons and start talking to it. Computer, tell me. Where am I? Computer? She waits.... Nothing happens. The girl looks sad. She goes sit down. Watches the sand and the beach.

This ísn't my own time zone. I have actually travelled through time while the teleporter malfunctioned.... I thought it wasn't possible.

Tears. The young lost woman starts to cry. How do I get back? A strange unusually big wasp appears from under one of her garments. She pets it. It calms her. Thankfully you are still here, Claudius, she says to the wasp.

A zombie approaches. When the woman noticed the walking corps she jump up, pulls her gun and aims it at the undead creature when it walks to her and speak. "Stop walking. Identify yourself or I'll shoot!"

I_am_an_undead
2008-01-05, 08:45 AM
The undead stopped for a second, then tried to laugh, failing miserably because of his undead state. It's a miracle he is able to talk really. Edward should have taken a fresher corpse for his experiments. Oh well.

"You're gonna shoot me? With what? That little thing? Not that it matters, because it's not like you could kill me, I'm already dead. Anyway, I'd really like to introduce myself, but I don't remember my name. It's some stupid after effect of a failed spell cast by some wizard *cough*withanobsessiononinterogationmarks*cough* Neverthless, I do not want to hurt you, and I'm suuure you don't really want to blow my head off. Okay, maybe you do, but please don't. It's really not polite to blow the head of strangers you just met, even if they aren't alive, strictly speaking."

The zombie could have rambled on for a very long time, since it wasn't everyday that he did talk to someone, and mental stimulation was necessary to him to starve off boredom, for his body did not offer any kind of stimulation anymore, be it pain or pleasure. But he also did realise that he wasn't the most well suited for this kind of thing, his horrific and decaying countenance had a tendancy to scare off people.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-01-05, 09:24 AM
The wizard turned back round to the glow.
"I'd advise you to put the gun down and to leave him alone. Appearing out of nowhere and taking hostile action immediately? I've evaporated people for less. In fact, there was this one time when my assistant brought me the wrong book, now he couldn't have possibly know it was the wrong book since I mispronounced it's name and this book happened to be called exactly what I had said, but I hadn't been able to get a hold of my morning cup of coffee that day, and, well, let's say the garbage man found a nice pair of smoking boots in the dumpster that day..."

The wizard then takes a deep breath and loses all interest whatsoever in the time traveller, also instantaneously forgetting his plans of hiking into the forest. instead, he decides to inspect the wreckage of the ship.

Koga
2008-01-05, 09:24 AM
Koga comes running from following the others panting and arms flailing cause he smelled girl.

He stops and tries gasping for air.. wheezing from the long run..


"Hello...*pantpantpant* There... *pantpantpant* I NEVER LEAVE *pantpantpant* A GIRL IN DISTRESS!"

Koga thinks to himself:
What a glorious turn of events! A girl in distress! She will undoubtedly fall inlove with me what with my genious intillect and ability to ruin people's lives!

Ryuk is flying around search for Koga.
"Koga?! KOGA?! Where the hell did that boy go?! Ohwell..."

Ryuk stands closeby the paladin, cackeling cause his detect evil probably detects his presence but sense noone can see him unless they touch the deathnote, it makes for great lulz.

(ooc: Great to see the moment a girl washes up on shore all the crazies comeout lol)

Ichneumon
2008-01-05, 09:55 AM
Noticing the other people, the girl puts down the gun.

How could I've known he wasn't dangerous?

The girl strikes one of her hands through her hair, smiles an says:

Greetings, My name is Ichneumon of the House of Wasps. I come from what for you would seem the future. I can tell you this, the future is not a bright one.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-01-05, 10:17 AM
Still investigating the wreckage, the wizard says "Not bright? How so? Doesn't it have coffee, pup-stew and opportunities to meddle with things that are not to be meddled with?"

I_am_an_undead
2008-01-05, 10:33 AM
The zombie gave a weird look to Koga, a bit freaked out by the pervert's antics. He was about as scary as Edward was, in the undead's eyes, and that meant he wanted to be as far away from him as possible. But he still stayed, because he wasn't sure where to go. That, and the girl's origin picked his interest.

"The future, uh? I wonder if I'm still "alive" in the future... And, uh, if you please, could you explain what is the "House of Wasps"? Does it have a link to your pet?"

Ichneumon
2008-01-05, 10:59 AM
You alive? I don't know. The House of Wasps is an ancient, well technically here it isn't founded yet, I think, family. I am the last survivor. The rest died in the great galactic war. This little wasp, she points at the wasp thingy, was my father's pet. Now I care for him. The government is evil and harsh on its people. Small terrorist cells try to overthrow the government. In fact I was leading a terrorist cell on my home planet. I really need to go back

Mordokai
2008-01-05, 11:51 AM
When gnome offers him his help, Lars smiles at him.

"I'll be glad to accept any help you can offer. I think I'll need it. Beetwen your healing magic and my sword, I think we should find my companion soon."

When the glow dissapears with a bang and a strange woman appears he is more than little surprised. When the zombie starts advancing towards her he pulls his sword out and almost smacks the zombie over the head with it, when she points a gun at him. That would be surprising enought, since guns were rare commodity then. What was even stranger was that zombie actually talked to her, like intelligent person.

"You can talk? That's the first time I ever saw something like that. Who, or rather, what are you?"

When he wants to adress the stranger again, Koga comes crashing towards. At his antics, Lars just rolls his eyes.

This is rich. Can't wait this little pervert sets his eyes on Lania. That should be something to behold.

He smiles inwardly at this and then progresses towards the girl, who by now identified herself as Ichneumon.

"Nice to meet you Ichneumon. My name is Lars and these are my... friends, even if we know each other for only few minutes. You say you want to get back to your time. Any idea how you would do that? I will gladly help you, once I find my missing companion."

I_am_an_undead
2008-01-05, 12:17 PM
The zombie nods at Ichneumon's explanation, and then turns toward Lars.

"Well, long story short, I'm a zombie, I was made to be a mindless servant of Mr.E.Nigma here..."

He points toward the wizard who still search the wreckage.

"... But his spell failed, somehow, and I found myself given a conciousness and intelligence of my own."

Along with a slight craving for brains.

"And that's about it really. I got used to being somewhere between dead or alive, the only real trouble is... well... people tend to try to smite me on sight, like you and miss Ichneumon here."

And the craving for brains too. That can really be a pain sometimes.

rockdeworld
2008-01-05, 12:17 PM
During this turn of events, the explorer had otherwise occupied. During his look over the beach, he had spotted a large book with a luxuriously-decorated cover. After walking over to where it lay in the sand, he had picked it up and looked it over to see if it had a title, and then opened it to the first page. However, his musings were interrupted when he heard the strangely-appearing girl say that she was from the future.

The explorer turned to the girl, seeing her fully for the first time. Strange attire, a weapon that looked like a hand crossbow but without a string or bow, and appearing from the glow in the air, they all added up with her story. It did indeed seem possible that she was from the future, in which case, it was out of his league to help her. There was one thing he could do for her though. He pocketed his book and walked over to the new arrival.

"Welcome Ichneuman and Claudius. Unfortunately, we, like you, have been marooned in this place, as you can probably tell from the wreckage of our ship strewn around the beach." The explorer gestured to the various pieces of broken wood and cloth around them. "We were just about to explore the forest yonder, as there is nothing more we can do here. You can come with us if you want; perhaps we will find a way that we can all return to our respective homes."

Ichneumon
2008-01-05, 12:38 PM
Yes, I think that indeed is what we should do.

OOC: Sorry for the short reply. Don't have much time right now.

rockdeworld
2008-01-05, 01:25 PM
"Excellent." The explorer replies. "Then let's go: Lars, Yogowhomari, Ichneumon, Mr. E. Nigma, Sir Walrus-rider, Claudius, Jarlsberg..." He looks at each member of the group as he lists off their given names as he remembers them, and lastly locks eyes the zombie. "...and you too, Intelligent Zombie, provided you can remain civil. I have not yet seen an undead whose hunger for life didn't drive it to attack living beings, but I am willing give you a chance, since you have yet to attack any of us. I think you can guess what will happen if you do." He starts towards the forest, then turns to face the group.

"Ah yes. My name is Rotheld Waraldack, or 'Rock' for short. Unless any more introductions are in order, shall we get going then?"

Jolly Steve
2008-01-05, 01:35 PM
Are there any mountains? Anything visible at all besides forest?

There are hills, but they look like they're equally covered in forest. The beach curves around out of your sight in both directions.

Koga
2008-01-05, 01:40 PM
You alive? I don't know. The House of Wasps is an ancient, well technically here it isn't founded yet, I think, family. I am the last survivor. The rest died in the great galactic war. This little wasp, she points at the wasp thingy, was my father's pet. Now I care for him. The government is evil and harsh on its people. Small terrorist cells try to overthrow the government. In fact I was leading a terrorist cell on my home planet. I really need to go back
Koga's eyes open with anticipation.. He thinks:

"Could this lovely gal be a terrorist in my plans for a new world order in the future? I have to act casual about this.."

"So Ichneumon, does this terrible leader in your future have a name? Something like Kira?" (ooc: Sticking true to my deathnote av, and kira is translated as "deathbringer" or more accurtately in english equivalent "murderer")

Koga
2008-01-05, 01:56 PM
Ah yes. My name is Rotheld Waraldack,
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:7KLwhLVm1Yd9xM:http://randomc.animeblogger.net/image/DEATH%2520NOTE/DEATH%2520NOTE%2520-%252009%2520-%2520Large%252030.jpg
Koga has to resist the urge to smile, one of the fools had just indulged thier full name. All it will take is his one name to spiral this into his domain. They are all under his control. With this band of adventurers.. the new world will come very soon, and those that oppose it will suffer immensely.

With only first name-basis for most of them it will be difficult to just kill them. And it would be too suspicious to just ask. Ofcourse they're on an island. They need to rely on eachother for survival, they will learn to trust The Koga. And maybe even come to consciously accept his plans. Especialy that paladin over there.

Ryuk comes flying toward Koga.
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w98/Mrs_Uryuu_Ishida/ryuk_10_animestockscom.jpg
"Koga, I know you don't like to talk in public. But.. there's a really hot girl over this way.."

Ryuk starts cackeling immensely. Koga knows something's up, but Ryuk generaly does not lie just doesn't give the full details of the truth. If there's a hot girl, it's worth the risk.


Koga eyes the Lars..

"A companion you say? The Koga didn't see you come with any companion.. Though by the way we've been traveling and have not seen them.. logicaly it can't be north, The Koga came that way, it can't be east, you were coming that way, and south is here. So your companion must be west. We should get going right now."

I_am_an_undead
2008-01-05, 02:03 PM
The zombie shook his head, visibly annoyed.

"Constant threats of destruction is something I could unlive without too."

As he said that, he shot a look at Lars, before slowly shambling in the same direction as Rock. Hopefully, he wouldn't have to stick with them long. Especially that pervert, with the unnecessarly long name, who looked more and more suspect as he cackled without real reason. He would have to keep an eye on him. Litterally if it becomes necessary.

rockdeworld
2008-01-05, 02:06 PM
"A companion you say? The Koga didn't see you come with any companion.. Though by the way we've been traveling and have not seen them.. logicaly it can't be north, The Koga came that way, it can't be east, you were coming that way, and south is here. So your companion must be west. We should get going right now."
((@_@ That must be the most confusing thing I've ever read that tried to make sense. Btw, I don't know much about Deathnote, but isn't the main character's goal just kill villains? Or is that your twist on it?))

Rock looks at Koga strangely. "'The Koga'?" He repeats quizzically. "What is that? Is there something else you aren't telling us about?"

Koga
2008-01-05, 02:34 PM
((@_@ That must be the most confusing thing I've ever read that tried to make sense. Btw, I don't know much about Deathnote, but isn't the main character's goal just kill villains? Or is that your twist on it?))
(ooc: Yes, at first Kira focuses his efforts on killing criminals. However, with the rapid anti-kira base, he's forced to kill "innocent" people that would prevent him from continueing justice.

His efforts revolve around killing L in like three episodes. L is this super detective who realizes Kira has some sortof supernatural power to kill but that there are limits to what he can do. Kira would be lawful evil in D&D terms. Wanting justice and punishment towards evil, while being merciless, manipulative, and unfeeling.

And that sortof toss and turn logic is common in deathnote lol!)


Rock looks at Koga strangely. "'The Koga'?" He repeats quizzically. "What is that? Is there something else you aren't telling us about?"
"The Koga always refers to himself in the third person, it's what makes him, him!"

I_am_an_undead
2008-01-05, 02:41 PM
The zombie glared at Koga, suddenly very suspicious. "But why don't you call yourself yogo... whatever you said your name was? Why "Koga"? And why didn't you do that before? You talked normally before, to present yourself and to talk to Ichneumon. That just... doesn't add up doesn't it?"

Mordokai
2008-01-05, 02:51 PM
Getting a slight headache from Koga's explaining, Lars looks at him and tells him:

"Like I said, you couldn't saw her because she is very shy person and she mostly stayed in her cabin during our traveling with the boat. Also, she has been known to blind mens who just look at her, simply by virtue of being beautiful as she is. You can see why she would prefer to stay out of sight. And why is this fiendish friend of yours cackling like a maniac?"

Hearing zombie asking Koga about his weird acting he thinks to himself:

This is no regular undead. He doesn't even seems evil. Strange how things turn out. I have to find more about him.

You'll have to excuse me, I'm not familiar with this deathnote scenario, nor with the character you play. If you provide link, wikipedia or something similar, I will look it up.

Ichneumon
2008-01-05, 02:52 PM
Ichneumon giggles. Oh the leader has many names. Some call him Big Brother, some call him the Dark Lord, some even Darth Vaeder or something. So many names. Way too many.

Ichneumon looks at her watch again. Nope, it seems I can only teleport short distances. I have no idea how I should fix it here. Let's continue to the forest.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-01-05, 04:22 PM
"Strange band of adventurers we are..." the wizard mumbles, and then he goes along with the group.

(Didn't he find anything when searching the wreckage?)

[Oh, and remember, I have no point told my fellow adventurers my full name. Only the zombie should already know it, but even he doesn't know how it's spelled (spelling MrEdwardNigma is done by the use of some numbers, an exclamation mark and several questionmarks)]

Koga
2008-01-05, 04:32 PM
Getting a slight headache from Koga's explaining, Lars looks at him and tells him:

"Like I said, you couldn't saw her because she is very shy person and she mostly stayed in her cabin during our traveling with the boat. Also, she has been known to blind mens who just look at her, simply by virtue of being beautiful as she is. You can see why she would prefer to stay out of sight. And why is this fiendish friend of yours cackling like a maniac?"
Both Koga and Ryuk looked rather shocked.

Ryuk: "You can see me?!"

Koga: Uhhh...What friend? The Koga doesn't hear anybody laughing..


Koga thinks to himself how he's at a disadvantage, this huge group of people and with no names isn't good if they findout who he really is. Though rightnow he is only isolated to Japan despite being considerd a global terrorist.

It's entirely possible though he expands his power in the future. No sure way of knowing with the future girl's description. There could even be a second-kira. Koga thinks to himself "I don't think i'd ever call myself something lame like Darth Vader or Big Brother.. Maybe Big Daddy.."


You'll have to excuse me, I'm not familiar with this deathnote scenario, nor with the character you play. If you provide link, wikipedia or something similar, I will look it up.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Note
(OOC: Normaly only people who touch the deathnote can see and hear the shinigami. However, I'll assume as a paladin you can atleast "feel" it's presence and probably concluded it was following me if not see/hear it entirely seeing as you're a holyknight and it's your job to spot evil.)

Mordokai
2008-01-05, 06:48 PM
Noticing Koga shocked expression, Lars says to him:

"Looks like I've got dillusions from wreckage and am seeing things. I was sure I saw some sort of finedish creatures talking to you. Sorry for that."

But he thinks to himself:

That thing was there, I'm sure of it, and if Koga doesn't want me to know what it is I better keep my eyes open.

He then starts talking to Koga again:

"So Koga, tell me a little about yourself. What's your profession, what do you do for a living... things like that."

Your characters can't know that, and Lars hasn't given them possibilities to find out, but he isn't a paladin. He's pure class cleric. But he is favored in eyes of his godess, so you could claim that this is the reason why he saw Ryuk. And thanks for the link, I'll check it out later.

Koga
2008-01-05, 07:32 PM
"So Koga, tell me a little about yourself. What's your profession, what do you do for a living... things like that."
The Koga closes his eyes and smiles.

"Well if you must know The Koga is a student. But you really should be more worried about your companion shouldn't you?"

Nothing can afford to happen to us.. We all need to be at our best if we're going to survive. Perhaps we should splitup, you and the others go search for companion, The Koga and Ichneumon will search for food. Preffbly apples.. Then meetback here.."

Ryuk heard the magic word;
"Huh? Apples? You're getting me apples right? RIGHT?! Ok, that girl.. she's a magical nymph or something. We shinigami can just tell that kindof thing. I told you that so you better feed me some apples if you find some!"

Koga
2008-01-05, 07:35 PM
(Double Post)

rockdeworld
2008-01-05, 08:54 PM
((OOC: Can you delete the double-post?))

Although Rotheld had been planning to head into the forest, his brow furrowed in concentration. So 'Koga' is his real name... Why then did he lie before, when he first introduced himself? And just what did Lars see that made him speak as he did? I'll have to keep an eye on that Koga.

Rotheld remembered Lars' companion, the 'nymph' as he said.

"In a situation like this, it would be better for us if we did not split up." Rotheld said to the group. "We have no idea what lies in the forest, and it has been my experience that splitting up as a group will only cause problems down the road. Our first priority should be to find Lars' companion - I know what it is like to be left alone in a scary place, and I wouldn't wish it on another. After that we can work on setting up camp, if we cannot find civilization during our search. Unless someone has a better idea, I suggest we start wiht the forest before us. Let's head out."

With that, the explorer drew his sword and ventured beyond the line of trees into the forest.

Koga
2008-01-05, 11:19 PM
Koga stands there and looks at Ichneumon.

"The Koga will only go if she goes"

With a big goofy grin on his face as snot rolls down his nose.

Like this:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/7/7e/Mudkipz.jpg

Mordokai
2008-01-06, 03:29 PM
"I agree with Rotheld, spliting up wouldn't be a wise idea. We are stronger together. No telling what waits for us in that forest."

With that, Lars marches up to the start of the line, pulls out his sword and starts marching further into the forest.

Mielikki protect us. Who knows what creatures live in this forest.

I_am_an_undead
2008-01-06, 04:07 PM
The zombie grunted in agreement, took two steps away from Koga, and followed Rock and Lars toward the forest.

Ichneumon
2008-01-06, 04:37 PM
I agree, let's go into the forest. Splittinig up wouldn't be wise.

Ichneumon starts to run ahead of the group into the forest, having found her enthusiasm back again. The wasp buzzes around her, cheerfully.

Koga
2008-01-06, 05:15 PM
Koga decides to stay closeby but go a bit differant a path. He decides to go find flowers and be able to talk to Ryuk where they're out of hearing distance.

Ryuk:
"What are you doing?"

Koga:
"What's it look like i'm doing? I'm trying to find pretty flowers!"

Ryuk:
"....Why?"

Koga:
"For you"

Ryuk:
"Really?! I never knew you were so thoughtful, I--"

"No, not really you clod! For Ichneumon"

Ryuk:
"Oh.. the human girl who looked like she got attacked by a clothesrack"

Mordokai
2008-01-06, 05:48 PM
Seeing Koga picking up flowers, Lars guesses his intentions, walks up to him and says to him:

"So you're not all hormones but can actually be a romantic? That's nice to see."

He then lowers his voice so only Koga can hear him:

"In my experience girls prefer it simple. So nothing too flashy or too colourful. Those white and yellow flowers over there would fit perfectly."

He then walks away again, smiling to himself.

Koga
2008-01-06, 10:36 PM
Koga thinks to himself;

"Is he mocking me? I bet she hates yellow and white but he wants me to think she likes it to sabatoge me!"

Koga looks to Ryuk..

"Ryuk, what's that guy's full name?"
"Why should I tell you? You won't pick flowers for me.."
*Ryuk bats his eyes and starts cackeling*

"I don't plan to kill him.. not yet.. not untill I know what he's up too.."
"I would tell you, but.. ok I wouldn't tell you, i'm just here for the lulz.."
"Apparently your sense of immagination is dull Ryuk, immagine the lulz granteed by that guy dieing and noone knowing how he died. Immagine the panic and chaos it would cause.. and how they think they're not alone on the island and fear an immaginary enemy?"
"...You humans are something else Koga. Alright I'll tell you"

http://littledailyprophet.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/death-note-25avi_001107133.jpg
Koga has to try not to laugh outloud as his sense of control of the situation esculates.


He goes back to picking flowers, and even some yellow/white ones.

"I thought you said--"
"I said it was a possibility, I didn't say he was purposely out to get me Ryuk.."
"But you were planning--"
"Precisely.. PLANNING. If he plays his cards right, he won't die. None of them will.. They could become invaluable assets to my new world.."


Koga gets out the deathnote and writes down all but the last letter of his name.
"The Deathnote will not take effect untill I write that last letter. This will serve as a deterent, even in the event if he findsout about the deathnote, he can't react fast enough to one letter. Ichneumon and the world shall be mine!"

rockdeworld
2008-01-06, 11:37 PM
Rotheld pokes his head through a gap in the trees by Koga.

"Hey, Koga, keep it down, alright? No one else wants to hear your internal monologuing."

[OOC: This is a joke post - ignore it]

Jolly Steve
2008-01-06, 11:54 PM
You walk through the forest for a long time. You can hear birds, insects and animals all around you, but you meet with no danger.

It starts getting darker, and you all see a light in the distance.

Altharis
2008-01-07, 12:26 AM
Altharis & Jarlsberg

Following his newfound friend Lars at all times, Altharis finally speaks out when he sees the light.

Whispering to Lars, Altharis says: "Good ser, I have my doubts about some of our companions. Ichneumon and Rotheld seem earnest, and a zombie that would rather talk than eat brains is good in my book, but it is mainly The Koga that worries me. You seemed to detect some kind of evil aura around him, he seems to internal monologue a lot, and he seemed a little too happy to find out Rotheld's name. We should keep an eye on him."

rockdeworld
2008-01-07, 12:42 AM
As the daylight fades without trace of Lars' nymph companion, Rotheld's spirit wanes, and he begins to think about setting up a camp for the night. However, spying the light ahead, the explorer is reinvigorated.

"Let us head for that light there." He calls out, and follows his own advice. "Whatever it is, we can make camp there for the night."

MrEdwardNigma
2008-01-07, 05:32 AM
"Unless it's enemies of some sort. I can't quite tell if the light is moving, but there's a possibility it's someone with a torch, wandering through the forest like us. I agree we should head toward it though, enemies or not"

Mordokai
2008-01-07, 01:28 PM
Waiting to be out of everybodys else earshot, Lars says to Altharis:

"I agree with you that Koga is more than just a little weird. And yes, perhaps we should keep an eye on him. His happines after finding Rotheld's name is strange, at the very least. However, I dislike judging people before I know them well, so lets give him some more time. Perhaps Ichneumon will like some of his attention."

With that, Lars winks at Altharis. He then notices the strange light and nods to the others who say that it would be a good idea to head towards it.

Koga
2008-01-07, 01:55 PM
Koga runs toward Ichneumon with flowers of all kinds of colors (some even yellow and white)

"Ichneumon, The Koga picked you some flowers, I didn't know what color you liked.. The Koga didn't even know if flowers exsist in the future.. but.. he picked you some anyway ^__^"

I_am_an_undead
2008-01-07, 02:40 PM
Agreeing silently with the others, the zombie heads toward the light. However, he does not fail to pick a tendancy that is forming to distance themselves from the group or to whisper to each others, as if they didn't want to be seen or heard.

Uh oh, they're keeping secret from each other. That's a sure sign of incoming conflict...

The zombie raised his head toward the sky. If there was a single god up there that cared for disgusting abominations against nature, he'd pray to it that he doesn't find himself involved with the mess he felt was comming. All he could do was hope. Oh, and blame Koga for it. It was him, after all, who lied about his name straight from the start, so it was his fault. Well, maybe it wasn't, but he still creeped him out.

Mordokai
2008-01-07, 03:04 PM
Smile creeping on his face, Lars points at Koga and says to Altaris:

"See what I meant my gnomish friend?"

Jolly Steve
2008-01-07, 11:11 PM
As you get closer, the light resolves into a village in a clearing, with fires lit all around its edge.

Ichneumon
2008-01-08, 12:50 AM
Oh, how lovely, Ichneumon says, she giggles. I... how very nice of you!

MrEdwardNigma
2008-01-08, 08:02 AM
"Well, I guess there's only one thing left to do now: head to the nearest tavern and adress the shady guy sitting in the corner!"

rockdeworld
2008-01-08, 09:28 AM
"Yes, perhaps someone in the village will have seen the nymph." Rotheld agrees, as he steps through the line of fires and enters the village. He looks around to see what lies around him, and to get the general layout of the village in his mind.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-09, 04:58 AM
You hear a voice from the darkness - "who the hell are you?"

Mordokai
2008-01-09, 05:20 AM
Nodding at Rotheld, Lars heads towards the village, when he hears the voice. He quickly collects himself.

"My name is Lars, and these are my companions. We were washed ashore when our ship sanked. We're looking for my traveling partner, companion and friend. When we saw the fires and the village we thought that perhaps anybody has seen her. She is a nymph that goes by the name of Lania. And I would also wish to know to who I speak."

With that, he waits for a reply.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-01-09, 08:22 AM
I shoot the darkness!
Nah, just kidding.

"My name is Nigma, but you can call me Mr.E. I'm not really looking for the silly nymph, but I'm tagging along with these guys because I don't really have anything better to do until I find some transport out of this place. I think a more appropriate question however would be: who are you?"

I_am_an_undead
2008-01-09, 08:52 AM
As the voice spoke, the zombie felt more and more the need for a cape, a cloak, or anything to dissimulate himself. He didn't know what this voice was, but it didn't seem very friendly already, who knows how he would react when he'd notice the walking abomination against nature? He decided the best thing to do is to not draw attention on himself, and to hope Edward's or Koga's antics would prove distracting enough that he remains unnoticed.

Mordokai
2008-01-09, 11:28 AM
"Your devotion to helping others is an inspiration to the rest of Mr.E Nigma. However, I would appreciate if you keeped your assumptions for yourself. Now, if the good sir that wants to know who we are would show himself. I prefer to speak to a peoples I can see."

Koga
2008-01-09, 11:33 AM
Ryuk laughs at what transpires.

Koga just nods his head, he kindof spaced out feeling Ichneumon was pleased with him. Now with a combonation of mystery, evil, and girlz.. he could only think of Michael Jackson's "thriller". What a shame such a talented bard turned into an undead himself. The irony.

rockdeworld
2008-01-09, 08:56 PM
Seeing a man before him with sword drawn, Rotheld allows Lars to come forward and introduce himself, using the distraction to slip back to where the zombie walks. He takes off his cloak - revealing a tone physique along with a sword and travel pack - and throws it over the zombie's, providing almost total concealment for the slouching form.

"I don't know who these people are," Rotheld whispers to the zombie, leaning over him with his hands on the zombie's shoulders, "but if they aren't happy to see me, then I can guess how they'll react to an undead, intelligent or no. However, if you start attacking people, I swear on my life that my sword will quickly be your end." With those few words, the explorer walks forward into the clearing with the zombie.

"I am Rock, and this is my younger brother, Zom-" He cuts himself off. "Zom has leprosy, and I'd appreciate it if you didn't try to remove his cloak, as he's very shy. There's two more of us, Ichneumon and Koga, ah, here they are. If you could please provide us with some food and shelter - we've been walking through this bloody forest for hours searching for his friend," the explorer nods to Lars, "and are desperately hungry. I assure you we can pay, but please, help us." Rock looks desperately into the man's eyes, hoping to find some shred of pity for the group.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-10, 05:01 AM
"Hm. Well, all right."

He rings a bell, and several more ragged-looking people, mostly human, appear from various parts of the village.

They sit you all down and bring you food and drink.

"So - where have you all come from?"

I_am_an_undead
2008-01-10, 09:02 AM
"Zom" nodded at Rock, content to have something to hide his blasphemous form, altrough the threat of a second death was becoming rather cliché in his opinion. Oh sure, he did have an all-consuming craving for the flesh of the living, but he never acted on it!... yet. Okay, so there was a very good reason to constantly threaten him, but that didn't mean he liked it.

He sat down with the others, ensuring Rock's cloak hid him well, but refused all food, slightly shaking his head, as he knew his voice from beyond the grave was not completly appropriate. He just hoped the villagers would not try to remove the cloak, as Rock had asked them, even if they might beleive that it was indeed leprosy that ravaged his face in that way. Silently, he waited for something, anything to happen.

Altharis
2008-01-10, 09:13 AM
Moving into the light, Altharis speaks his discontent at the rest of the party: "Hail good folk! I, as clearly unintroduced by my companions, am Altharis a defender of the noble Odobenidic kind, and this is my trusty steed, Jarlsberg." At this, Jarlsberg honks once. "Your offers of food do not fall upon deaf ears, and we shall accept them gladly." He then sits down and begins to eat some fish. "As for where we came from, I do not know about my compatriots, but I hail from the frigid northern country of Walrusopia, a land of as much happiness and freedom as ice. And there's a lot of ice there."

With that explained, he proceeds to help himself to more food.

rockdeworld
2008-01-10, 12:04 PM
Shoot, how could I have forgotten Altharis? Rotheld thinks to himself. I thought he had already introduced himself. Strike one. Accepting the food offered him, the explorer takes a seat and begins to tell his story, speaking between bites.

"We, that is, my brother and I, along with the others in our group, were traveling on a trade ship bound for distant lands, when a mighty storm hit. The ship was blown off course, and wrecked on the beach back in the direction we came from. When we collected ourselves, we noticed that one of our companions was missing, as well as the entire ship's crew. We started a search party, and eventually ended up here." So saying, the explorer looks around again, and faces the man again. "And now that I have told you our side of the story, perhaps you would be so good as to tell me your name, and where we are?"

MrEdwardNigma
2008-01-10, 01:30 PM
"Food, eh? Well, it'd better be good. As for where I come from, I've spent most of my life in my tower, meddling with... I mean studying"

Koga
2008-01-10, 03:09 PM
Koga says
"The Koga is a student, nothing big or fancy, just a good student."

Mordokai
2008-01-11, 05:59 PM
"I'm not sure if you heard of Faerun. It is there that it is my home. A land of many beauties, and many dangers as well. Since the service to my godess takes me far and wide I decided to wander the world and see what is there to be seen, and help rout out the injustice wherever it can be found. Lania wen we, also driven by wonderlust, so we travel together, as companions and dare I say, friends."

With that, Lars also takes a bite out of the food that villagers put before them and then asks them:

"I wonder where are we now. My memory seems to be a little hazy after the wreckage."

Jolly Steve
2008-01-12, 12:03 AM
"We don't actually know where we are" one of them says. Some of the others nod.

Mordokai
2008-01-12, 03:06 AM
"What do you mean, you don't know who you are? Has everybody in the village lost their memory? How could this have happened?"

Jolly Steve
2008-01-12, 03:31 AM
"We were all shipwrecked too."

Mordokai
2008-01-12, 04:39 AM
"You were? Interesting. And how many peoples are here?"

Jolly Steve
2008-01-12, 06:20 AM
He indicates the dozen or so seated figures.

"You and us, that's it."

MrEdwardNigma
2008-01-12, 08:05 AM
MrEdwardNigma doesn't take any of the food yet. Instead he gazes at the islanders' leader and says "Shipwrecked, eh? So you're saying there is no way out of this place?"

Jolly Steve
2008-01-12, 12:06 PM
"Oh, there might well be - we haven't explored the whole island, it's too dangerous with all the pirates and monsters."

rockdeworld
2008-01-12, 02:24 PM
Rotheld nods, but looks worried.

"So there are pirates then? This is both good and bad news. Good, because it means there is indeed a way off this island outside of reassembling our broken ship." He looks to Lars. "Bad, because, unless I miss my guess, your nymph companion has probably ended up in bad company - if not met by monsters, then likely pirates. Can she take care of herself?"

MrEdwardNigma
2008-01-12, 02:32 PM
"Yes, I say we go rescue that poor nymph right this instant! The poor thing could be in dire peril!"
MrEdwardNigma quickly munches down some of the food and then gets up.
"Show us the way to the pirates!"

Mordokai
2008-01-12, 03:03 PM
Looking at Rotheld, Lars answers him:

"She is no fighter, if that's what you mean. However, she can be quite a charming young thing, if she so desires, so I wouldn't be too worried. If pirates indeed caught her I'm sure she somehow negotiated with them. But that doesn't mean I'm sitting here and doing nothing."

With that, he stands up and says to the villagers:

"Show us where this pirates can be found, and we will try to solve your problem at the same time."

MrEdwardNigma
2008-01-12, 03:07 PM
"Yes, that's the spirit! Let's go violently murder all those pirates to get your poor slavegirl back!"

Mordokai
2008-01-12, 03:48 PM
"Those are not the words I would use, but the meaning is essentially the same."

MrEdwardNigma
2008-01-12, 04:02 PM
"Less talkin', more violently slaughtering!" yells MrEdwardNigma enthusiastically. His mood then suddenly shifts and he sits down again, looks at the village leader ernestly and says "But seriously now, where are the pirates?"

rockdeworld
2008-01-12, 04:04 PM
((OOC: Presumably everyone else has been eating - except "Zom" - while this conversation takes place. Correct me if I'm wrong on that.))

"I see. If you are still up for such an expedition after walking all day, then I fully support it." Rotheld stands up and draws his sword, which glistens in the firelight of the torches surrounding the small village. I wonder how long these people have been here? The explorer chances to think to himself. Now is not the time for that though. He looks around to the others in the group. "Anyone who wishes to stay here and rest, I won't blame you - it's been a long day, and it looks to be longer still. As for everyone else, let's get going."

Jolly Steve
2008-01-13, 09:15 AM
"all right...if you think it's a good idea. Follow the track down to the beach. If you follow the beach for a little while you'll come to rocks. Be very careful, people have died there. Anyway, we think the pirates must've made a camp on the rocks."

I_am_an_undead
2008-01-13, 09:48 AM
Not saying a word, silent as a shadow, "Zom" got up and began following the track. It's not like he could actually rest, or get tired for the matter, and he wanted to get out of that cloak. As he walked, he wondered if one was to be polite with pirates, or if he could eat them. He then decided that pirates were scurvy-ridden fleshbags that would be quite bad to eat, and that he would pass on them. He stopped before getting too far from view of the others, and waited for those who would come.

rockdeworld
2008-01-13, 03:41 PM
The explorer stares slightly.

"That's all you can tell us?" He asks, almost incredulously. "Could you at least tell us which direction to follow the beach in, in order to find the pirates?"

Mordokai
2008-01-13, 05:40 PM
"Perhaps a guide would also be in order. Doesn't anybody of you know how to fight well? Or cast any sort of spell, healing or otherwise? Seriously, any help would be welcomed."

Jolly Steve
2008-01-14, 12:43 AM
The explorer stares slightly.

"That's all you can tell us?" He asks, almost incredulously. "Could you at least tell us which direction to follow the beach in, in order to find the pirates?"

"Oh, sorry - when you hit the beach, turn left."

Jolly Steve
2008-01-14, 12:52 AM
"Perhaps a guide would also be in order. Doesn't anybody of you know how to fight well? Or cast any sort of spell, healing or otherwise? Seriously, any help would be welcomed."

They talk amongst themselves for a while.

"Look, if you wait until morning, we'll see what we can do then?"

rockdeworld
2008-01-14, 01:05 AM
((OOC: You know, Ichneumon hasn't posted in awhile. I'm going to post this, and she can change it whenever she posts again.))

I sense something amiss here, make no mistake. And I still do not know the man's name! Rotheld thinks to himself, but he says nothing. Gathering his bearings, the explorer takes one last look around the group. He notices that Altharis seems to have nodded off already, and Ichneumon's head is similarly slumped forward. He turns to the village man again.

"It's up to Lars whether or not he thinks we can afford to wait, though my gut tells me not to. Whether or not we do go now though, could you please take care of our friends? It seems that today's long walk was too much for them." The explorer says, and he glances at Altharis's steed. "And please do what you can for Altharis's walrus - although I think the best thing would be for the two of them to stay together." So saying, Rotheld looks to Lars.

"What do you think, Lars - would you prefer to wait for a guide, or to chance finding your friend now? I will be honest - I do not think her chances grow any better the longer we wait - indeed, the other way around - yet rest might be good for all of us." Rotheld then remembers the zombie, and turns to look down the path. "I will go find Zom - if you two don't follow within a few minutes, we'll come back."

The explorer then heads out into the woods, intending to do exactly that, and before long he comes upon the still Zom.

Mordokai
2008-01-14, 01:33 AM
"I agree with you, waiting will do us no good. I don't need to rest myself, so we can get underway right now."

rockdeworld
2008-01-14, 01:43 AM
Having reached the zombie, Rotheld stops. The silence that shortly spans between them is somewhat awkward for the explorer, whose experience with zombies never extended much further beyond sending them to a second death. Finally, he speaks.

"I can take back the cloak, if you want." The explorer speaks, then stops himself. A few seconds more, and the truth comes to his lips. "You're really something... I've known you a whole day, and you haven't tried to kill, maim, or eat anyone you've met. You're unlike any undead I've ever seen."

Feeling slightly more comfortable now traveling with an intelligent zombie, the explorer asks the question that he had wondered about ever since helping the zombie disguise itself among the villagers.

"Do you have a name?"

Jolly Steve
2008-01-14, 05:03 AM
And with that, all who choose to walk off into the darkness, and this thread:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3789026

Altharis
2008-01-14, 05:13 AM
Waking up with a start at Jarlsberg's wet licking, Altharis exclaimed: "Buh? Wah! Alright! I'm awake! You can stop licking me already!" Jarlsberg immediately stopped licking and honked, a flipper pointed at Lars.

"Are we going? Good. I shall come with you. We cannot let such a beautiful being fall into the hands of such foul ruffians."

At that, he stands up and brushes the dust off his robes of office, then moves towards the trail.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-01-14, 05:45 AM
MrE goes off and follows those heading for the pirate camp.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-14, 08:56 AM
MrE, Altharis (and Jarlsberg), rockdeworld, Mordokai, and I am an undead leave the village.

Ichneumon and Koga try to sleep, as best they can.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-17, 03:35 AM
Are you guys going to just sleep, or do something during the night?