PDA

View Full Version : Dawn of Defiance [Star Wars SAGA] [IC Thread]



Kaymeera
2008-01-04, 12:25 PM
STAR WARS: DAWN OF DEFIANCE
Episode I
THE TRAITORíS GAMBIT

It is a dark time in the galaxy. The evil Galactic Empire has
spread from the Deep Core to the Outer Rim, and everywhere the
Empireís tyranny can be felt.

Fleeing from the oppression of the Emperorís minions, agents of Senator
Bail Organa have run to a remote space station above Brentaal. Known to be a
vocal opponent of the Empire, Organa may be the last hope of freedom in the galaxy.

In the hopes of stopping these dissidents before they can reach the Senator, the Empire
has alerted its forces on Sel Zonn Station, where the struggle for liberty rages on, and the first
sparks of rebellion have begun to burn. . . .


Your travels have taken you far and wide, whether you were seeking adventure, wealth or knowledge. Today, your destiny drives you to Sel Zonn Station, a lone space station in orbit around the commercial intersection of a planet known as Brentaal IV. Perhaps it was the scoundrel's nose for trouble, the nag of weary feet, or perhaps mere fate and the calling of heroes which drove you here. Nevertheless, your transport nears the station.

Seemingly motionless among a sea of starships and satellites above the twinkling world of Brentaal, Sel Zonn Station grows larger in your view every second. A central pylon forms the bulk of the stationís mass, and three landing platforms leading to docking bays extend from the central section, equidistant from one another and jutting out into space. The dorsal side of the station features a discshaped secondary structure, on top of which blinking lights indicate the presence of a landing platform reserved for wealthy patrons.

DM note:
You are all on board the similar public transports, who have all, by chance, landed in the same docking bay, relatively simultaneously. Take the time to describe your characters, their intents, take a look around, and maybe make a few friends.

I'm not going to start the actual game events till everyone has checked in.

Recruitment Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67467)
OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3746546)

Sicarius
2008-01-04, 01:45 PM
Mara Deltear

A figure steps off of one of the transports. Quickly, she moves off to the side to avoid the throng of people rushing out. Quickly, she makes a few quick entries into her datapad, then puts it away and exhales a sigh.

"Well, that shipment is done," she says to herself.

For a female Human, she is quite tall, standing just shy of 1.8 meters (that's just short of 5' 10"). Her hair is blond and shoulder length that flows in waves, resting on her blue and black clothing. Her garb appears to have fashion and functionality both in mind, and anyone looking at her would scream 'Corporate' as opposed to 'Wealthy.' Her only jewelry appears to be a set of small earrings and one bracelet, very subdued. On her hip rests a blaster pistol, not even bothering to be hidden. Her clothes, including her shoes, are well-taken care of.

She moves onward, trying to find out the current prices of commodities to see what she should pick up here. Buy low, sell high. It was the only way to make a profit.

Jensik
2008-01-04, 03:16 PM
Palinitilima-turkiva

Being unable to hold still for the last few minutes, a small furry sentient, barely a meter high, stands shifting his weight back and forth while the final checks are made. He has orange/red fur, large dark yellow eyes, and rabbit like ears that are perked up and twitching in excitement.

"Open... open, open, open, open, open, open, open, oh come ON!"

When the door finally opens enough to let him through, he runs out onto the platform. He has a rather large backpack on, filled with who knows what, a full utility belt, and a small sporting rifle slung over his shoulder. One would think these things would weigh him down, yet he moves as if they weren't even there. He runs about the area, inspecting anything he can find, jumping when needed to get a better view of things taller than he, and occasionally skipping from one place to another. All the while he is talking, or rather yelling, to himself.

"WOO! Sel Zonn Station, baby. YEAH! This place is amazing. It's like a ship, but not a ship because it doesn't really go anywhere. Or maybe it does but we just don't notice. I wonder what kind of food they got here. I hope they don't have bug food... or food that looks like bugs... or worse; food for bugs. Actually... that'd be pretty neat. WOW! That guy is TALL!"

Rafe
2008-01-04, 06:21 PM
Brek

The hulking, charcoal-skinned humanoid waits and watches as the others disembark from the transport before rising to his feet. Hands that have two large fingers and a thumb flex, and the man (creature?) cracks his neck and works the stiffness from his legs. In his bi-digit hands is a heavy-looking, 1.5-meter long object, wrapped in canv-cloth and bound loosely with toss-away plasbands. With this under his large arms, he stoops under the frame of the hatch and steps heavily down onto the platform of the station.

His small, dull orange eyes scan the area. Seeing nothing immediately untoward, he leans up against a pile of heavy crates, stretching his muscles where he can keep his back to something solid.

Onlookers would be wary of this brute for he seems just that: standing nearly 2 meters tall and weighting close to 100 kilograms, the dark- and thick-skinned creature has a nasty look about him. His small eyes are imbedded in thick folds of his face, he has no nose to speak of and his mouth seems as though it'd be more at home on a lamprey. His form is solid; there is no delicacy there. A dark grey combat jumpsuit, battered and worn, covers his thick body. At his belt is a blaster, and a strange sword is semi-concealed at the back of his belt behind the moving folds of his black all-temperature cloak. When he moves his cloth-wrapped 'bundle' casually onto one shoulder, another blaster pistol is visible under his arm.

Brek eyes the small creature nearby. Its words come so quickly it is difficult for the man to pay attention to anything else. When its words "Wow, that guy is tall!" ring out, his beady eyes narrow and snap back to the small being. Ah, not talking about me... I don't think...

The creature considered what had brought him here. He was sorry to have parted ways with Sarn, but truly, he could not ignore this era's situation any longer. While it was not his time, it had adopted him and now he had to choose. Knowledge of the death of the Jedi Order still phased the man greatly, as did the collapse of the Old Republic. Still... the question remained: fight, or ignore all that had happened?

Brek shook his head and smiled, a gruesome gesture given his facial structure. He had never been one to ignore a call to action.

OOC: Calling dibs on DarkSlateGray.

Also, it is very unlikely that any of you will have seen a being who looks like Brek does. He does not seem to be a recognizable species.

Attilargh
2008-01-04, 07:02 PM
Arel

A dark-haired Zabrak stretches high as he steps out of a transport and yawns a bit to adjust to the different air pressure. He doesn't look particularly remarkable with his avergae stature and messy mop of hair, but the jagged facial tattoos, bright orange eyes and sharp horns might unsettle some. He's wearing practical, rather worn clothes in various shades of grey and dirty green. On his back hang a large backpack and a hunting rifle, and a heavy blaster pistol hangs under his utility belt. It seems he's been traveling for a while.

The Zabrak walks lazily to the neares information desk and drops his pack to his feet with a thump. He leans his chin on his arm as he starts browsing the station details.


@Rafe: Wild guess, Herglic? Arel probably hasn't seen one, though.

Also, dibs on dark olive green.

Jensik
2008-01-04, 11:02 PM
Palini

The small furry creature stops dead in his tracks. A look of awe crosses his face and his jaw drops. He slowly takes off his backpack and lays it and his rifle on the ground. A mischievous grin gradually appears as he adjusts his shoulders and hunches downward into a ready position. Suddenly, he sprints forward as fast as he can and dives between the giant's legs. Once behind the charcoal brute, he begins to swiftly climb up to his shoulder, evading capture as best he can. If/when he reaches the top, he take a seat on his shoulder and press his face against the other's.

"Hi!"

Kaymeera
2008-01-05, 04:39 AM
Arel

Directly outside the processing zone of the docking bay, you notice multiple, sparsely arranged information terminals. Upon approaching one of them, you notice, that it, along with the others, has been remodeled to something similar to a Holonet terminal, with advertisements rushing back and forth rapidly. There is no user input terminal, though there is a maintenance port readily visible and accessible.

Among the advertisements that catch Arel's eye:

Gundark's Cantina: Looking for that special someone? Need a place to prop up your weary feet? Maybe you just need that glass of Correlian Ale? Come to Gundark's Cantina, the place where people from all walks of life, just come to relax. [Live Twi'lek show!]
The Credit Chip: Where fortunes are made and lost. Sabacc, Pazaak, live pod-racing from Malastare. High stakes VIP den, by invite only.
Delgas Medical Supplies: Currently Closed
Mechanical Allies: If it's broke, we can fix it! Looking for that Nubian T-14 hyperdrive? (Republic) Imperial Credits are good! Deals that just can't go wrong! Ask for San.
The Promenade: Sel Zonn's finest collection of stores and services providers.

Mara

A human man walks up to you, rubbing his hands together happily, with something of a smile on his face. In his 30s or 40s, this man is tall, at least 190 cm tall, and is somewhat pudgy. He has a blocky, muscly look about him, which seemed to have worn down with age and lack of exercise. He is wearing a stained green shirt over black pants. You note a large pin on his shirt, holding the symbol of the recently announced Imperial emblem.

Behind him, two worker droids unload two large crates off the ship you had just disembarked from, and laid them on the ground nearby. A second man with a large datapad, presumably a customs officer, proceeds to open one of the crates and look inside.

"You are a life-saver. I have never had someone bring me in a shipment of Ale this quickly. You have just saved my bus-iness."

He extends out a hand, glances at it for a moment, rubs it on the front of his shirt, then extends it once more.

"M'name's Saff, but everyone around here calls me Gundark", he shakes his head, "Long story."

Your last job was to deliver a small, sub-freighter sized, shipment of Correlian Ale to Saff in a hurry. Using your contacts, you managed to do it in record time.

Rafe
2008-01-05, 09:38 AM
Brek

Though Brek is fast, the small, strange being is faster. With a grunt, the large figure tries to dislodge the surprise attachment, but he cannot reach... not with only one hand free. Instinctively, he lowers his body into a crouch, dropping his centre of gravity. When he feels it on his shoulder, he turns his head, his free hand reaching upwards.

Hearing it speak, he stays his hand and blinks in surprise. His irritation at the thing stalls as he realizes this is not an attack or an attempt at thievery.

"What is it you want, little thing?" Brek says, his voice gravelly and deep. He narrows his eyes and cranes his head towards it to more closely examine it. "What are you and from what system?"

Jensik, your character is close enough for sure to get a good look at Brek Sorath now. You see this: (except he has a long package over one shoulder, and is wearing a battered, grey combat jumpsuit)
http://tiamat.gotdns.org/~rafe/brekntal.jpg

Sicarius
2008-01-05, 11:41 AM
Mara

Mara politely smiles and shakes the extended hand. "Mara Deltear. A pleasure to get it to you in time.Perhaps I'll drop by your establishment after I take care of a little business. Do you or any of your business partners have need of my services?"

Kaymeera
2008-01-05, 11:52 AM
Mara

"Me? No. But-t, this is a trade station amongst other things. Someone or other probably wants something moved, provided you aren't too afraid to get your hands dirty, eh? Hehe. In any case, I better send this haul into storage, before .. well .. before someone or other with some authority and a taste for good drink decides they want a free cold one."

You watch as he gestures the droids to lift the crates and move onwards. He then shakes the official's hand, visibly exchanging a small credit chip.

Jensik
2008-01-05, 12:26 PM
A huge grin crosses his face as he finally realizes how close he was to getting squished.

"Squib, Skorr 2. I'm Palini. I'll save you the trouble of my full name, most big folk can never get it right. Just came up here to say 'hi,' maybe get a better view of the place while I was up here. Darn convenient you bein' here and bein' this tall. This place is just fanTASTIC, don't you think? We didn't have anything like this back home. Or anything like you either. Good thing too, I think you might have scared the youngins. Got on odd smell, too. What are ya anyway? OOOOOOHHH! Something shiny!" Palini starts pointing and waving his hands toward the holo-panel. "Quick, quick... over there! That is NEAT!"

Attilargh
2008-01-05, 04:19 PM
Arel

Arel's head twitches up slightly as he hears the Squib exclaim his enthusiasm about holo-panels and he turns to look. Now that you don't see all the time, he muses, picks up his backpack and steps closer for a chat. "Ain't it? Shame they've been converted, really, now all you can see is advertisements. Used to be you could find anything from vacant jobs to departing flights from one of these."

Rafe
2008-01-06, 11:49 AM
Brek

While he doesn't overly mind the - What did he call his species? Squib? - the attention Palini was drawing is of questionable desirability. The large man turns towards the Zabrak. Brek eyes him appraisingly as he approaches. Well armed, and from some of the scarring on that rifle's flash constraint also accustomed to use, the hulking man thought.

His small dark-orange eyes are then drawn by the HoloNet terminals nearby. Not for the first time, he finds it a strange technology and is reminded of the chasm separating him from these others. What I don't know could fill data-libraries...

" 'Used to be?' I've never seen 'em do anything but show this garbage," Brek mutters, gesturing vaguely at the terminals with his large, two-fingered hand.

Jensik
2008-01-06, 01:25 PM
Palini

Palini laughed.

Garbage, if only he knew. This is going to be easier than I thought.

Hopping down from his perch and landing semi-gracefully, the Squib casually walks back over to his belongings. "Info-Terminal, huh? So... you familiar with this place? I'm looking for work and my new friend here looks like he needs a drink. Badly. What do ya say, big guy? First round's on me."

Sicarius
2008-01-07, 11:08 AM
Mara

Mara stifles her laughter at the amusing scene politely before realizing she still has a job to do. Realizing that the best place to dig up prospects would be the Promenade, she hurries toward it as quickly as possible.

Rafe
2008-01-07, 01:40 PM
Brek

"My name is Brek," the hulking man growls. He tries to ignores the stifled laughter from those nearby. He is all too cognizant of the odd juxtaposition of himself and the Squib. Brek scratches his cheek with a black nail. Shrugging, he replies, "A drink, eh? I suppose I could be talked into that."

Brek eyes the Zabrak man and readjusts the bundle on his shoulder. "What about you? You want to get a drink in you after that passenger liner swill?"

These people seem to be in-the-know, Brek thinks. Perhaps I can learn more about this place and all that has happened in the last few years. Right now, ignorance is my greatest weakness.

Attilargh
2008-01-08, 10:01 AM
Arel

"Well, not this place in particular, but I've been in a few docking bays. They all start to look the same after a few months. My name's Arel, by the way." The Zabrak grabs his kit and tosses it onto his shoulders. "I never turn down a free drink."

Rafe
2008-01-08, 11:02 AM
Brek

Brek acknowledges the name with a nod. "Brek Sorath." He gestures to Palini. "Lead the way." Shifting his wrapped package and adjusting the hood of his cloak, he places a hand on the strange sword at his back.

So much time lost... or gained. He's lost in thought for a few moments, then releases the weapon. Brek shakes his head and scowls.

Brek will take a look around to get a feel for the weapons of various space drifters, pilots, hired guns, etc. Basically, he wants to know if he can move about freely here with all his weapons in plain sight. At this point, I'm thinking it would take two Move Actions to ready his main weapon and while he's cautious by nature, he also likes to be prepared.

[roll0]

Kaymeera
2008-01-09, 03:41 AM
Mara

You step through a set of heavy blast doors to find yourself in the central pylon of Sel Zonn.

The Promenade is bustling with life. You see numerous shops, selling everything from datapads to blaster pistols, all arranged along the walls, with large eye-catching electronic banners over each. In the center, you find a large seating area alongside a decorative fountain.

Humans, particularly well dressed, may be seen browsing through storefronts or chatting idly near the fountain. A few droids, but not a single alien in sight, (a single, short stocky alien, wearing all-black robe-like clothing and goggles had hurried past you earlier). Imperial stormtroopers with blaster rifles roam the area in pairs.

Nearby, you note the entrance of a cantina, with music quite audible from its open doors.

Brek

Apart from the various Brental security forces, distinguished by their plaid light brown uniforms and a few humans, pilot-types, who carry pistols in side-holsters, you see no-one who looks armed. The humans appear untroubled at all by the security forces.

Sicarius
2008-01-09, 09:32 AM
Mara looks at the cantina. Drunk lips were very loose, and could lead her to some potentially big scores. The drill was repeated a hundred times. The young Human walks into the cantina and begins asking around about jobs.

Gather Information Check: [roll0]

Jensik
2008-01-09, 10:54 AM
Palini

"Arel, huh? I'm Palini, mechanic, salvager and merchant extraordinaire." He picks up his pack and his rifle, and when they are back in their proper places he takes a long deep breath. "Heh... kinda smells like the ol' shop almost. Only without the grease... and the oil... and the rust. Now that I think about it, it's nothing like the ol' shop. Ok, too much reminiscing and not enough drinking. To the cantina!"

Kaymeera
2008-01-11, 03:01 AM
You walking across the station, transversing the Promenade (Arel, Brek and Palini note the description above for the Promenade) and finally entering the cantina. Crossing the doorway, you walk past a divider and turn right to finally get your first glimpse inside.

The Cantina is shaped in a long rectangle inside the wall of the circular Promenade. To the right, a large window overlooks the Promenade, with some seating, similar to that of a diner, placed along it, forming a large number of relatively secluded booths. To the left, a large bar, also lined with stools, faces the window and manned by a single bald Chiss, currently cleaning a mug with a cloth. A little further away from the entrance, near the bar, is a single doorway, closed by a curtain. Directly ahead, a single, sparingly dressed Twi'lek dances fervently on a raised platform. Cantina music rings in your ears.

The patrons include several humans, a group of scruffy-lookin' pilots talking in grunts along the bar. A pair of well-dressed local Brentaans talk in whispers across a table to the right. Finally, a single rodian drinks alone at the far end of the Cantina, watching the dancing Twi'lek's movements with acute concentration, having dragged a chair away and settled it directly in view of the stage.

Mara

You don't hear much in the way of fruitful employment, at least, not in the capacity you can offer. You hear the whispered name "Ganga Lor" when walking past the pilots. Listening in some more, you infer it may be related to small shipments of illegal items. As you listen in on the conversation, an odd group enters the Cantina, the same party which had been conversing earlier at the landing station.

Brek, Arel, Palini ~ entering the Cantina a few minutes after Mara.

As you enter the cantina, you note the presence of an additional well-dressed human. She appears familiar - perhaps someone you glimpsed earlier at the landing platform.

Rafe
2008-01-11, 11:04 AM
Brek

As the three move towards the cantina, Brek feels a restless angst growing. "We stick out like a Massassi blood temple on Coruscant..." he growls quietly to his companions. With the exception of the three, he sees no other aliens. His interest is piqued by the troopers. These must be those clones I heard Sarn talk about, he thinks.

Kaymeera, how are they armed? With E-11 rifles?
Entering the establishment by angling is bulk and ducking, Brek scans the cheery cantina. A gruesome grin appears. At least some things don't change much. Seeing the well-dressed woman from the landing platform, Brek nudges Arel with his heavy foot and attempts to nod discreetly in the woman's direction.

Leaving the Zabrak to see if he recognizes the woman also, Brek eyes the room with an interest in finding a booth that gives an easy view to the curtained-off area, the bar and the main doors. Having his back to the glass window overlooking the Promenade doesn't bother him so much as having "eyes-on" this room.

Spot: [roll0]
The large man points a black-clawed finger at a booth. "That looks about right for the three of us." He begins to move through the room towards the booth he'd spied.

Jensik
2008-01-11, 02:19 PM
Palini

Quietly humming to himself, Palini keeps an eye out for any treasures that someone may have left behind and making mental notes on their locations. The only thing stopping him from going now is the promise he made to his new friends.

[roll0] <-- Notice, not a spot or search check. :smalltongue:

"A Massau-what-now?" Palini didn't notice the stares they were most likely attracting. Or rather... he did, but he just assumed they were all staring at Brek and not him. Once in the cantina his jaw dropped, and for the first time since he arrived on the station he had nothing to say. The moment of silence didn't last long, as Brek pointed out a booth.

"We're not sitting at the bar? But the bartender looks so friendly! Why wouldn't anyone want to chat with him?" He starts to laugh to himself and crawls under the table to get to the inner seat, letting his larger companions take the ends.

Attilargh
2008-01-12, 12:06 PM
Arel

Arel walks through the Promenade, disregarding any odd looks from the humans. It's been like this on almost every Rep-, pardon, Imperial world and station he's been through lately, he's grown used to it. As he enters the cantina, he glances at the woman Brek nodded towards before finding a seat for himself. "She's the trader who came to the station at the same time with us, isn't she? What about her?"

Rafe
2008-01-13, 12:04 AM
Brek


"A Massau-what-now?"

Hearing Palini, Brek blinks and realizes that he'd spoken out loud. "It's nothing important."

As Brek follows Palini into the booth, taking the outer seat that least faces the main doors (if he can't also be in a position to see all entrances) he shrugs heavily at Arel's question. He mutters, "Nothing; just curious is all. Seems like someone who knows people around here. Might be worth talking to."

Kaymeera
2008-01-13, 11:23 AM
Brek

The only seat which can give you a good view of both ends of the cantina would have been the booth right at the end - dangerously close to the drooling rodian.

Roll Knowledge: Tech - DC: 20 or Knowledge: Tactics DC: 15 to get an exact identity on their firearms without close inspection.

Palini

Other than that cleaning droid you saw back there which sounded like it might just have a bad motivator - might have been wishful thinking on your part - you note nothing which fits the discarded treasure criteria. Sel Zonn appears to be among the cleaner stations you've ever set paw on.

Rafe
2008-01-13, 01:16 PM
Brek

Kaymeera: Brek will settle for the spot that gives him a view to the main doors, then, as I'm assuming that neither Palini nor Arel want to be near the gyrating dancer or the Rodian. I suppose it's Brek's call, since Palini started to move to the booth that Brek indicated. Let's say it's the next best thing to the booth near the Rodian and Twi'lek dancer.

Knowledge - Tactics: [roll0]

Subtract 5 if you feel it falls into the category of "time lapse" penalties we've discussed. I suppose it depends on whether they're specific Imperial issue, or more common. Chances are he wouldn't suffer the penalty if they're more common (as he'd have seen them about on his travels in the last two months), but would have the penalty if they're in any way specific. Your call - just my two credits.

The large man places his bundle across his lap, removing the plasbands but keeping the package wrapped and concealed. He shifts his sword so it is comfortably arranged behind him, flat across his back against the seat.

Kaymeera
2008-01-13, 02:01 PM
Brek

It takes you a minute, but, sure enough, the Imperial guard on the station were using standard E-11 blaster rifles with retractable stocks. Cheap enough to mass produce, not remotely accurate enough to do any damage.

The Brentaal security force, on the other hand, were obviously using something different - nothing you've seen before.

Heh, I guess I wasn't clear - there are booths, with seating back-to-back, with a table in between, set along the window (think diner). To see both ends of the cantina, you'd have to take the booth furthest from the door. Sitting on that end, you'd face the main entrance, and the curtained off area would be to your right. You'd also still be dangerously close to the Rodian, who just happens to be camped out here watching the show.

Jensik
2008-01-14, 11:27 AM
Palini

"If you like her so much invite her over, the more the merrier. She's paying for her own drink, though. Waitress lady! Three Jumas please and thank you!"

Sicarius
2008-01-15, 08:19 PM
Mara

"Ganga Lor..." Mara made a note of that name for later. She notes the patrons of the cantina and bites in her lip in minor frustration at not finding a job, not that she was expecting one so soon.

The non-humans she had seen in the transport over here looked to be here as well. Outside of them, the Twi'lek, and the Rodian, this place was all human patronage, outside of a few droids. A pity.

She smiles at them, if only to note their presence in a usually bigoted Empire.

Rafe
2008-01-15, 10:18 PM
Brek

Perception to notice Mara's looks and smile at the group: [roll0]

OOC: HAHAHA! Natural 1. Wow... I suck.
The hulking man is too busy listening to Palini say something about the bartender and unusual contortions of the Twi'lek dancer to notice the human woman's looks at their group.

"Perhaps you can approach her," Brek growls to Palini. "I'm more likely to have a blaster drawn on me..."

Kaymeera
2008-01-16, 10:19 AM
To your surprise, there is in fact no waitress in sight. As you call out your order, barkeep sighs visibly, breaks his lean and goes about filling three large metallic cups with a clear yellow liquid. Placing them on the bar, he then leaves his post and finally arranges them in front of you on the table.

"Would you be needing anything else?" Your appearances don't phase him in the least - it seems he's quite accustomed to non-human patrons. His tone is dry, though his question sounds genuine.

Attilargh
2008-01-16, 12:37 PM
Arel

Work would be nice, Arel says as he picks up his cup.

Rafe
2008-01-16, 02:45 PM
Brek

Eying the bartender, Brek smiles to himself as Arel drives straight to the point. As the hulking soldier waits for the answer, taking a sip of the mysterious amber drink, he continues to pay attention to his surroundings. Since landing, he has felt vaguely uncomfortable with the openness of the station, being far more accustomed to the tighter confines of a light freighter.

General Perception: [roll0]

Jensik
2008-01-16, 05:43 PM
Palini

Palini grabs his cup and takes sip, looking at Arel with a raised eyebrow.

"Wow... you aint one for small talk are ya. Well, since the matter's been brought up, I wouldn't mind a bit of employment either. Kind of a jack of all trades myself, though I'm best at tinkerin with machines and such. And if you need someone to scare the poodoo out of troublemakers, this big fella is a natural."

Attilargh
2008-01-18, 02:39 AM
Arel

"Well, I'm pretty much broke," Arel says and takes a sip from his cup. "Besides, last time I tried to strike up some conversation, I was almost eaten by a womp rat."

Kaymeera
2008-01-18, 02:57 AM
Everyone roll perception please. I will take Brek's roll as his last one.

DM Note: If you don't intend to roll as part of a larger post, roll in the OOC thread.

Jensik
2008-01-20, 11:38 AM
Palini

Palini sets his cup down and tilts his head to the side.

"What's a... you know what, forget it. Based on the name, I probably don't wanna know. Probably another sort of creepy crawly that's best left alone."

Out of the corner of his eye, Palini spots two gruff looking men out the window. He points at them, almost tapping on the glass. "Like those two. Looking about all suspicious like. I bet they aren't very decent people. Stickin' out like a Massassamu Watchamacallit. How'd that go again? Massasin? Massassami? Massafec? Massimon? Massasi?"

Attilargh
2008-01-20, 12:31 PM
Arel

"Well, a womp rat's a rat about, oh, two, three meters long? Ugly, nasty creatures native to Tatooine, and a real pest. Anyway, some genius had had the bright idea to move some off-world to keep the local fauna in check, and you can guess what happened. Long story short, the locals had to hire people like me to hunt--

Wait, who now? Arel asks and twitches his head around to look at the people who Palini pointed at.

Sicarius
2008-01-20, 12:53 PM
Mara

Mara's eyes rested on the two people outside, and less than a second afterward, she rose out of her seat, walking towards the cantina entrance.

"Those two are up to something." She noted their actions, their equipment, there was clearly something that they were doing that was foul.

Her instincts were never wrong, this is what got her as far as she could. Slowly with one hand, she beckoned the aliens she was making eye contact with to follow her. In the crowded cantina, however, it may have been too difficult to see unless someone was paying attention to her, like they were.

Rafe
2008-01-20, 12:57 PM
Brek

His attention fixed on something outside the window in the Promenade, Brek utters sidelong to Palini, "Massassi Blood Temple."

Narrowing his eyes, he continues to inspect the two figures, watching them over Palini's head. He mutters to himself, "They're looking for someone... or something. They're using comlinks, and that means there are more of them..."

Brek scowls and glances around the cantina, judging how likely it would be to slip out the main entrance without the two noticing, if indeed this had anything to do with him or his companions. In the hulking creature's experience, it was always best to assume the worst. Noting the duo's proximity to the cantina, he figures there is a slim chance of leaving unnoticed that way.

That just leaves the curtained-off area as a possible second exit... Brek thinks to himself.

Kaymeera
2008-01-22, 12:04 PM
Looking out of the window and onto the Promenade, you notice a woman with short black hair and the greasy uniform of a mechanic come stumbling out of the very entrance you had come through earlier, clutching her midsection as though injured. She struggles to make her way across the doorway, clearly having difficulty walking.

The two men immediately immediately catch sight of her, and start shouting into their respective comlinks, reaching into their jackets. The woman notices them as well, and darts into the Cantina.

Right on her tail, two Stormtroopers carrying rifles run into the Promenade. One realizes where she had gone and points to the other, and they immediately give chase.

The woman rounds the corner and enters the Cantina, heading towards the group of pilots. "Please, help me," she calls out to the one sitting closest, tugging on his arm. "There are credits in it for you, just help me!"

Wide-eyed, the man stammers, "Ohhh no, I'm not getting into a fight with them." The group then immediately get up, knocking over various bottles and containers of drinks, raise their arms, and head towards the door.

"Tuku pa-cha!" screams the Rodian, as he follows the Twi'lek dancer, who had jumped off the stage and hurried past the curtained off area. The Chiss ducks under the bar.

The woman immediately rushes to the aliens' table, kneeling against it. "Please, I'll pay you whatever you want."

Mere seconds later, two stormtroopers burst into the Cantina. They raise their blasters, aiming them at the woman, and shout through their helmet speakers, "Step away from that woman. She is under arrest in the name of the Emperor!"

Stormtrooper 1 Initiative = 4
Stormtrooper 2 Initiative = 12
Woman Initiative = -6

Roll Initative

Jensik
2008-01-22, 12:56 PM
Palini

Palini takes another drink. "The funny thing about sitting down... makes it awful hard to step an any direction, really. Now what's this lady done to have you chasin' her 'round scared half to death?"

Rafe
2008-01-22, 03:28 PM
Brek

The charcoal-hued creature watches the unfolding drama outside the window and mutters, "I hate being right."

He scowls as the conflict engulfs the three at their table. He looks at the injured woman and feels pity at her plight and desperation. Slowly he gazes over at the stormtroopers at the door, his pity swallowed by mounting anger at the soldiers and what they represent.

The Republic is gone and these... drones invoke the name of a usurper. Siths' blood! this woman is weaponless! He's trembling with a seething rage, and grumbles deep in his chest.

Brek swings his feet from under the table and rises to his full height of 1.95 meters, standing between the troopers and the woman. As he stands, the canv-wrap slips off of his 'bundle', revealing a bulky, darkly glistening light repeating blaster cradled easily in his large hands.

"Shoot first and ask questions later," he mutters to Palini and Arel in his deep voice. "Leaves more time for quality questions and convincing answers, I find."

Initiative: [roll0]
Reflex Defense: 17 | Damage Threshold: 14 | HP: 31/31

I am readying my action until either Palini or Arel decide to go aggressive, or the troopers prepare to fire. Brek's a stranger in a strange land... he's not going to instigate a fight and risk others' lives, but he will fire first if it comes to that (again, triggered by Arel, Palini or the troopers).

Actions for the round:
- Already standing and retractable stock is always extended
- Brace weapon as 2 swift actions
- Attack as 1 standard action (this is his readied action)

If readied action is triggered...

Autofire attack (both troopers if they're adjacent): [roll1]
Damage (if successful*): [roll2]
*If unsuccessful, half damage to those in that 2-by-2 space at the door.

Sicarius
2008-01-22, 07:09 PM
"When it rains..." Mara muses and readies her blaster. The Imperial thuggery had gotten rather brutal of late, to the point where they were attacking defenseless people. Mara's heart went out to the young woman. And her hand went to her blaster.

Attack Roll:1d20+0

Mara is drawing her blaster and delaying action to better observe the situation.]

Sicarius
2008-01-22, 10:42 PM
Screwed up.

Initative: [roll0]

Attilargh
2008-01-23, 06:06 AM
Arel

Arel stays seated and draws the heavy blaster hanging at his hip, pointing it at the Stormtroopers. "Mm, did I ever mention I was a Separatist during the war? No?" he asks from no-one in particular right before he shoots at the nearest Stormtrooper.


Draw weapon, shoot.

[roll0]

[roll1] (Add +1 for Point Blank Shot if necessary.)
[roll2] (Again, +1 for PBS.)

Jensik
2008-01-23, 10:00 AM
Palini

Palini's eyes grow wide at the site of Brek's repeater, and when Arel fires he pulls his rifle from his shoulder and fires a shot of his own, almost purely from reflex. Yikes! These guys are crazy! Oh man... what did I just do? You damn fool, what have you gotten yourself into?

[roll0]
[roll1]

Kaymeera
2008-01-23, 12:31 PM
"Argh..alien scum." grunt a trooper as a pellet catches him square in the chest. In the combined barrage of firepower from Arel, Brek and Palini, the two troopers drop to the ground. Carbon scoring litters the wall behind them, as well as their armors and the pungent smell of blaster smoke fills the room

(First round of combat is resolved)

"Watch out."

"Over there!"

Turning back to the window, you realize that the patrons of the Promenade have quickly rushed to the exits at the sound of blaster fire. The two men from earlier had watched your rapid onslaught of the troopers through the window. Their blasters were already out, pointing at you from outside. They open fire.

Imperial Informant 1, Initiative = 11
Imperial Informant 2, Initiative = 2

Their aim is wild and unclear, or perhaps the glass simply deflected the shots away. Nevertheless, you watch as the material shatters and crumbles.

"Sithspit", cries the woman, as she ducks under the table.

Go Palini.

Jensik
2008-01-23, 03:51 PM
Palini

With glass shattering around him, Palini starts ranting rather loudly in a fast paced alien language that (I'm assuming) nobody in the general vicinity can understand. Again, acting on instinct, the Squib takes aim and fires at one of his assailants.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Kaymeera
2008-01-24, 09:12 AM
Palini

Your attack nicks the Informant shoulder, he cries in pain and drops to the ground.

Guys, it's ok to post out of order, your actions will be carried out at your Initiative count - unless they're no longer necessary.

Go Arel

Attilargh
2008-01-24, 10:39 AM
Arel

Oops. Forgot something. The Zabrak snaps a quick shot at the faster of the two men before scrambling into the nearest cover. "Palini, get down!"

Shoot, move to cover.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Rafe
2008-01-24, 01:38 PM
Brek

With little time to admire the group's handiwork with the troopers, the large creature turns ninety degrees, looking out the shattered window. With a smirk, he brings his rifle to bear on the remaining man outside.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

edited since my roll was poodu

Sicarius
2008-01-25, 02:29 PM
Mara

Realizing that she was no match for qualified troops firing at each other, Mara instead crouched down and made her way over to the young woman in the mechanic's outfit.

"Are you alright, miss?"

Kaymeera
2008-01-26, 02:24 AM
The exchanged hail of gunfire by Brek, Arel and the Informant does nothing more than increase the collateral damage to the station as all participants fire wildly into the ground, walls, lights, chairs, tables and the various decorative architecture.

Go Palini

Mara

Ducking under the table, you find that the woman has managed to lay against the floor. Her face and lips are pale. She seems to have dozed off for a moment but, as you approach, her eyes open wide and her body jerks to action, before relaxing as she recognizes you. The hand she has to her side was surrounded in a puddle of red; she was bleeding profusely.

"Heh", she smirks feebly, "A little too worse for wear, I'd say". She coughs twice.

Rafe
2008-01-26, 10:13 AM
Brek

On my turn, I'll shoulder my rifle and move up onto the booth seat to get out the window. I'm assuming that is it for actions. Can I draw my sword and move at the same time as per D&D rules? Basically, I'm going to go melee in round 4 as I want to be close enough to grab a comlink from one of them when they go down.

That said, I don't want to be through the window until I can attack as it both hinders my allies and also makes me an obvious target with no cover. If Palini or Arel drop this last guy, I'll just go double move out the window and grab a comlink.

Sicarius
2008-01-26, 03:04 PM
Mara

"It's not...it's not that bad." Mara looks worried for a second. "I think I can help...just a little bit." That being said, Mara pulls a medpac out and begins to treat the injury. "It won't be everything...but it might ease the pain until I get you to a place you can rest."

Treat Injury Check:[roll0]

Jensik
2008-01-26, 09:03 PM
Continuing fire.
[roll0]
[roll1]
Darn, and I was doing so well.

Attilargh
2008-01-27, 06:12 AM
Arel

Arel fires his pistol again before ducking aside. "Palini, help me out here. Can you prod the faster guy a bit to the left so I can get a better shot?"

Shoot, shoot, shoot at the Imperial scum. Wouldn't mind an Aid Another, considering how I've got the second-biggest gun of the group. (Hint, hint! :smallwink: )

[roll0]
[roll1]

∆dit: And the worst aim, too. :smalleek:

Kaymeera
2008-01-27, 06:49 AM
Palini
You fire at the informant, but your attack misses.

Arel
You can't leave cover, fire, then re-enter cover(Look up the Running Attack feat.) unless your intent was merely fluff - let me know. Premature detonation there :smallbiggrin:

Mara
Using materials from the medical kit, you manage to successfully stifle the woman's bleeding, as well as administer suitable antibiotics and an analgesic. She is still in no condition to fight however.

"That feels a lot better, thank you." mutters the woman, as the pain-killer starts to take effect. She glances upwards. "Are they going to be alright?"

Brek
I'm afraid holstering/drawing a weapon is a move action, making changing weapons an essential full-round action minus a swift action. You could drop your rifle as a swift action, rearm as a move action then move again as a standard action - then retrieve your rifle later.

Jensik
2008-01-27, 10:34 AM
Palini

Though confused at first at the request, Palini nods. "My left or his left?"

Gonna go ahead and roll it now to save time. This is for next round.
[roll0]

Attilargh
2008-01-27, 10:59 AM
Arel

"Yours," Arel grunts as he sets his sights on the Imperial. As Palini's shot drives the human out, Arel shoots.

If the Imperial has cover, I'll spend two swift actions to Aim. Then comes the shootering:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Rafe
2008-01-27, 01:12 PM
Brek

The hulking figure drops his gun on the tabletop, draws the strange sword at his back and uses the table seat as a stepping-stone out the window. Brek keeps to the side of the shattered opening opposite where his allies are concentrating their fire.

Swift Action: dropping his rifle on the table
Move Action: drawing his sword
Move Action: stepping onto the seat and going out the window

Just to clarify... are both informants still standing, or did one drop? I had thought I'd read that one had dropped.

Kaymeera
2008-01-27, 03:20 PM
Brek

Ye, one of them is already down.

The plasteel table buckles slightly under your weight as you hobble out of the window. You stare the informant in the eye and you see the fear draw itself on his face as your wave your blade menacingly. Nevertheless, he seizes the moment, and fires as point blank range.

The attack hits you on the shoulder, burning a hole through your armor. You are overwhelmed by the acid smell of the energy bolt mixed with that of your own scorched flesh.

Brek is hit for 12 Damage

Arel

Aided by the small alien, you manage to level your "gun" at the informant, firing a spray of lethal "gun"fire. The attack hits the informant in the abdomen and he drops to the ground, dead.

Rafe
2008-01-27, 10:02 PM
Brek

Stumbling from the force of the blaster bolt, Brek growls in pain and anger. He hefts his archaic sword high over his head... and watches as a well-aimed bolt tears past him, scorching into the man's gut, staggering him before he collapses.

Sliding his sword back into its sheath, he crouches down and pries the comlink from the fallen man's hand. His small orange eyes peer at it, as small in his hand as a datadisk would be in a human's. Perhaps we can find a few answers, he thinks with satisfaction. If nothing else, we'll know how much trouble we're in...

"Gal'ak dror so'nath," he grumbles at the bodies in a language no one has heard in... a long time.

Move Action: sheaths weapon
Move Action: retrieves the comlink
Free or Swift Action: speaking

Next round, if we're still moving in rounds...
Brek runs back into the cantina through the front entrance. He takes a rifle from one of the downed stormtroopers. When he returns to the table, he holds it out to the woman in mechanics' clothing. "You may need this before the end," he rumbles.

He then takes up his rifle, bracing it against his shoulder once again in case of more trouble, though the movement causes him to wince at the pain in his shoulder. "We may find another exit past that curtain..."

When Brek has a moment, he'll take a Second Wind.

Sicarius
2008-01-27, 11:04 PM
Mara

In a flash, the blasters stop firing. The fight is over. Mara turns to the young woman. "We can't stay here. Is there a place where we can hide?"

Jensik
2008-01-28, 05:29 PM
Palini

Still aiming toward the downed men, and now noticeably shaking, Palini continues to mumble to himself, though this time in Ryl. At the mention of a hiding spot he very quickly jumps to the ground, shoulders his rifle and starts bouncing up and down. "Yes yes! Hiding! Hiding is good! Hiding is great! Let's go hide somewhere where there aren't any blasters or troopers with blasters or smelly men with blasters possibly backed up by troopers that most likely have blasters and they most definitely won't be pointed at me." Surprisingly enough, he got that all out in one breath.

Without warning he dashes toward the bar, climbs up on a stool and leans over the side to check on the bartender. "Hey hey hey! Quick, how much do I owe you for the drinks?"

Kaymeera
2008-01-29, 03:06 AM
The woman finally crawls out from underneath the table, her hand still at her side. As they talk in turn, she listens to Mara and Palini, before taking the carbine as it is shoved into her arms by Brek, which she balances against the table

"No, no, I can't use this, I have.." She moves her hand to her side, pushes down and collapses the empty holster on her belt. "Damn it." She takes a breath, steadies herself, and picks up the heavy rifle once more.

"I have a place nearby. I'll take you there. Come with me."

Leading you out of the Cantina through the entrance and into the abandoned Promenade. You make your way along several deserted corridors, once ducking around a corner to discover a loud, fast-moving group of marching troopers heading towards the Promenade. After multiple detours, you finally make your way towards one of the many "economically" condensed living areas on the higher level. Something catches your eye (Roll Perception, DC 10 - DC 15 for Mara).

Unlocking the door with her thumb-print, the woman leads you inside. There wasn't much to meet the eye. A single bed along the far wall siding a refresher. Two, one closed, one half-opened crates are arranged side-by-side nearby. As soon as she enters, the woman drops the rifle, sits onto the bed, takes off her jerkin and begins to inspect her wound.

"We should be safe here for now." She purses her lips and cringes as she loosens the bloodied bandages.

200 EXP for beating a CR 1 encounter.
25 BONUS EXP for successfully saving the woman's life.

Sicarius
2008-01-29, 09:11 AM
Mara

"Hey, take it easy. You're hurt..." Mara looks concerned at the young woman. Blood has smeared onto her expensive suit, but she hardly cares at this point. "What happened? Why were they after you?"

Rafe
2008-01-29, 10:50 AM
Brek

Entering the spartan dwelling, the hulking figure remains near the entrance and sets windows to opaque and secures the door with a press on a nearby wall control. After doing so, he removes part of his combat jumpsuit and examines his own injury. With a satisfied grumble, he sees that it isn't as bad as he'd first thought.

Second Wind
Leaning against the doorframe, his rifle cradled in his arms, he listens to the conversation. As he does so, he examines the human businesswoman, wondering who she is and why someone who, he feels, has a great deal to lose would toss her lot in with the three men.

There's more to this one than meets the eye.

He listens with piqued curiosity when the businesswoman asks the other woman why she was being attacked.

Attilargh
2008-01-30, 10:49 AM
Arel

Arel drops his pack into the corner and sits on one of the crates to rummage through his belongings as he listens to the conversation. After a short while he pulls out a well-used blaster pistol which he then sticks under his belt. He fidgets with it a bit, trying to get the gun to sit comfortably, before standing up again. "Does it stand out too bad?"

[roll0]

Kaymeera
2008-01-31, 03:28 AM
Satisfied with her inspection, the woman turns to Mara then looks each of you over in turn, obviously weighing something or other in her head. Finally, she addresses you.

"Well, I suppose you'll be wanting some answers." She rearranges herself onto the bed, slowly, before finally turning back to you. "My name is Maya. I'm with Alderaan Security - Senator Bail Organa's personal security detail, so you can imagine why the Empire wouldn't want me here", she looks you over again and smiles. "Or maybe not".

"Anyway, I was assigned to deliver some cargo for the Senator. Something I was supposed to acquire from someone on Sel Zonn - a droid - Switch."

She shifts once more, wincing. "But it looks like I'm not going anywhere for a long time. I need your help. How about it?"

Rafe
2008-01-31, 09:29 AM
Brek

Perception on Arel (weapon): [roll0]
The hulking figure eyes Arel and says heavily, "How does what look?"

Still leaning against the doorframe, Brek's relaxed idleness shifts to interest. He scratches his cheek with a thick fingernail/talon. While he didn't want to sound stupid, what he didn't know about this time could (and did) fill datavaults.

"So Bail Organa's a senator, but what does he have to do with the trouble you were in?"

Stepping away from the door, Brek shifts his rifle in his hand and adds, "I didn't come here for drinks or to browse the boutiques. This Empire destroyed all that I know. Knew." He growls in self-frustration. "Does helping you hinder this abomination of 'progress'? If so, I'll gladly help. If not, I may help anyway if it means getting off this floating heap."

He brings his rifle to his chest in a sharp movement and growls, "Ve'nath nror Crecnal drosh'an!"

Dashadi - "Death to the enemies of the Republic!"

Jensik
2008-01-31, 09:41 AM
Palini

The Squib had been pleasantly quiet, though annoyingly twitchy, since the departure from the bar. Something was bothering him, or more likely he was still shaken up from the firefight.

"Well... not the kind of work I was looking for, but it's something. Besides, something tells me we need to get the snark off this station. Fast."

Attilargh
2008-01-31, 10:04 AM
Arel

"No rush. The Rep-" Arel grins a bit. "Sorry, Imperials are probably going through every outgoing ship with a fine-toothed comb right now. Soon they'll start to look deeper into the station and we can slip through the lines."

The Zabrak rubs his chin as he looks at the wounded woman. "Especially if I'm right and the lady here wasn't planning on walking through customs with Organa's cargo."

Sicarius
2008-01-31, 11:02 PM
Mara says nothing for the moment. Then, finally, she speaks. "I can't do much...As you can see...I'm no good with a blaster. I'm a woman of business, not of action. Unless you need to negotiate a deal with this Switch, I doubt I can be of much help to you."

Jensik
2008-01-31, 11:08 PM
Palini

"Hey now, don't count yourself out just cuz ya can't shoot. I've gotten outa plenty trouble talkin around folks, and from the sound of it your better at it then me. In case ya haven't noticed, this group of ours is a little lacking in subtlety."

Rafe
2008-02-01, 01:41 AM
Brek

The large, dark-skinned man grumbles a laugh. "That's true. I'm as subtle as detonite in an arms emporium and you're all crack shots with blasters."

Becoming more serious, Brek says, "Not only do we stand out but..." Suddenly he remembers the comlink he'd taken a few minutes ago from the informant. Quickly, he pulls it from his utility belt and mutters, "I'm no good with technology. Can we do anything with this?"

He offers it out to whomever claims competence.

OOC: I seriously remembered as I was typing that line, and forgot what I was going to type so thought I'd just go with it. :)

Attilargh
2008-02-01, 03:05 PM
Arel

Arel feigns indignation at Palini's words. "Hey! I can be subtle! You'll never see a better sneak this side of the Outer Rim." He then sits back on the crate. "There's a proper information terminal just outside, by the way. Not one of those programmed ad-machines in the landing bay. Does anyone happen to be a competent slicer?"

Jensik
2008-02-01, 03:14 PM
Palini

Palini's ears twitch and he tilts his head looking very confused. Then, he pulls out a knife from his boot. "I don't see how cuttin up a terminal's gonna help us, but you know better than me apparently."

Attilargh
2008-02-01, 03:35 PM
Arel

It's Arel's turn to look confused. "Wait, wait. I meant a person who's good at getting into computer systems where he's not quite welcome. You know, slicing?"

He thinks for a second. "Er, that didn't come out quite right."

Kaymeera
2008-02-03, 11:12 AM
Maya looks at each of you in turn, nodding.

"Thank you. Rest assured that with your help we can possibly save many sentient lives."

"And don't worry about your compensation, Organa is a very rich man; if it's credits you want, then that's what you're going to get." She says this all very matter of factly.

She finally nods at Arel. "Of course. You get me the shipment and I'll get you off the station."

She looks you all over once again, before continuing, "I take it we're in agreement then. The troopers will still be looking for me, and I don't think I can fight them off just yet. You'll have to go alone. Keep a low profile and avoid attention. My ship will be ready by the time you get back."

"You'll find Switch on the lower levels, bay V14. Be careful down there, I haven't been myself, but I've been told it would be like taking an afternoon walk on the Smuggler's Moon. The security forces don't have much of a presence there, so you should be relatively safe from any Imperial interruptions."

She gets up slowly, and moves over to the half-open crate. Rummaging inside, she collects what appears to be a comlink and hands it to Arel.

"Contact me on this when you have it. Channel 1138B. I'll tell you what to do next."

She then also retrieves a pistol and a pair of medpacks, laying them on the bed. Retaking her position, she begins to open one of the packs.

Sicarius
2008-02-03, 02:26 PM
"Then we should go without delay. We should meet with this Switch as soon as possible." Mara nodded, looking at Maya. Mara then looked at the hulking figure. "You're injured as well. Sit." Mara looks at him and speaks in a tone that's almost flat, like there was no room for argument.

Assuming Brek will allow Mara to treat him, Mara will apply first aid to his injuries.

Treat Injury Check[roll0]

Attilargh
2008-02-06, 08:01 AM
Arel

Arel takes the comlink and nods. "Will do." Once Mara has finished patching up Brek, Arel stands up. "Let's get going."

Outside, he says to her, "We weren't properly introduced, were we? I'm Arel, the big guy's Brek, and the furry one is Palini."

Jensik
2008-02-06, 09:44 AM
Palini

Palini puts his knife away shaking his head. He still wasn't sure what was going on, but he heard the words "rich" and "compensation" in the same sentence, and that was good enough for him.

"Palinitilima-turkiva, to be more proper. Pleased to meet ya! Love to stay and chat about this and that, but we need to scat. Hey, that rhymed! Haha, I crack myself up."

Palini will follow Arel.

Sicarius
2008-02-06, 11:03 AM
Mara

Before leaving, Mara removes her bloody jacket. Smeared with Maya's and Brek's injuries, it would only serve to attract attention. She placed it around Maya's shoulders kindly, telling her to keep it.

"My name is Mara, Mara Deltear. A pleasure to meet you all. Now, we need to get to bay V14 as soon as possible. I think this terminal can tell us where it is."

Mara walks over to the terminal and inputs a few things, asking about bay V14.

Trying to get information about docking bay V14

Use Computer Check:Taking 10, for a total of 12.

Rafe
2008-02-06, 02:14 PM
Brek

The man allows the woman to administer to his injuries, though he remains somewhat suspicious and watchful of her movements. Next to him, she was small but it doesn't seem that way to any onlooker. When Arel introduces him to her, he grumbles something under his breath, possibly related to the tranq needle in his shoulder.

When she's finished, Brek stands tests his arm. He allows himself to grunt in satisfaction, surprised at how the pain has lessened and the flexibility of his arm had returned. "Thanks."

He puts his combat jumpsuit back on. Having forgotten the canv-cloth in the cantina, Brek scowls as he glances around for any kind of covering that could be used to conceal his rifle. He looks long and hard at the mechanic's overalls that Maya is wearing.

"Do you need those?" he asks gruffly, pointing a huge finger at her. "One, it'd be best not to be seen wearing what you were, and two, I could use it." At Palini's expression, Brek adds, "Uhhh.. Please."

He stands to as Mara does her thing with the terminal, keeping a sharp eye (and ear) out. As he waits, he asks Arel: "Anything on that comlink?"

Perception: [roll0]

Kaymeera
2008-02-07, 01:19 PM
Maya

A cursory search for storage bay V14 reveals that the bay is on a level restricted to all non-Imperial personnel

Brek

You feel a minute, momentary, comfort as the woman performs simple first aid on your injury.

Additionally, listening in on the comlink, you realize that the troopers are speaking in a form of military code. You hear one final message before it turns inexplicably quiet. (Roll Knowledge: Tactics, DC 10 or Knowledge: Bureaucracy DC 15).

Brek gains a grand total of 3 hitpoints.

DM note: I will always the declare the DCs for single-tiered Knowledge checks based on optional pursuits(ie. ones not integral to the story). I will try to make them based on two knowledges, where one is more relevant than the other, provided it's applicable. Nevertheless, you can only attempt one of the two.

EDIT: I just realized that the DC for an Untrained Knowledge check for the lower DC Knowledge, would essentially equal a Trained Knowledge check for the higher DC Knowledge, the difference being, solely, a d20 - Doh, *shoots self* - illusion of choice galore.

Mesa think of something!

Sicarius
2008-02-08, 08:04 PM
Mara

The young businesswoman slaps the console in frustration. "Of course, it's in a section restricted to Non-Imperials." She mutters something in frustration. "Perhaps I should talk to a few people...I'm better with words than I am with computers."

Attilargh
2008-02-09, 12:43 PM
Arel

"It'll probably make itself known when she wants to tell us something," Arel mumbles as he reads over Mara's shoulder. When she proposes a diplomatic approach, he says: "Yeah, I support that notion. I could probably get in by myself, but Brek's a bit too large to fit in my pack.

And hey, if you have to bribe anyone, remember I'm broke."


Rafe: Arel took Maya's comlink, not the one Brek nabbed from the Imp. Sorry, I missed that part of your post.

Kaymeera
2008-02-12, 02:01 PM
Completing your preparations, you finally make your way down to what you suspect must be the most neglected part of the station. Many of the lights have burned out, and blaster marks and carbon scoring mar the walls, ceiling, and floor. The area reeks of ozone and electrical fires, and pools of coolant litter the hallways at regular intervals.

After making your way through a near-labyrinth of decrepit corridors, you finally come upon the gateway to bay V14, which is guarded by a pair of Gamorreans wielding vibro-axes.

The guards don't seem to have noticed you yet and seem much more interested in conversing in their grunting language than watching out for outsiders.

Sicarius
2008-02-12, 06:10 PM
Mara Deltear

"It would be very bad form to do anything nasty to this Switch's guards. Let's see if I can use a softer touch. Stay at my flanks, act like my bodyguards."

Mara strides confidently up to the door, her hands visibly away from her blaster. She wore a small scowl, as if she was being inconveinced terribly by coming to this spacehole part of the space station.

"Gentleman." Mara looked them directly in the eyes without fear. "I'm here to see Switch." To the point, so even the Gammorreans could understand that she didn't want to be bothered. All business with a touch of smugness at a mere doorman. Perfect for appearing as a crimelord. "We have important business to discuss with him. Let us through." It was halfway between a request and an order. Playing a part was more than saying the right words, there was a demeanor. Even though those vibro-axes could chop her pretty head in two, she had to act like she was in the position of power that stopping her was bad news. The fact that she had at least one hulking brute behind her made her feel a little easier about it.

Persuasion:[roll0]

Rafe
2008-02-12, 09:33 PM
Brek

The dark-skinned creature followed Mara's lead, somewhat skeptical of her claims. Standing to her left and behind her, his rifle slung over his shoulder, he watched for any signs of aggression. He kept one large hand on his sword handle.

As Mara spoke, he attempted to emphasize her points with deep rumbles. Maintaining a hard look was not, for him, a difficulty.

Brek found himself amazed by the woman's abilities, and wondered at his own usefulness as she deftly dealt with the two ugly creatures before them. She could convince a gundark to eat its own head... he mused.

Kaymeera
2008-02-13, 02:12 AM
As you approach the guards, they quickly note your presence, and move to block the doors. As Mara speaks, they both listen intently. Once she is done, one of the pair moves to the side, while the other refuses to budge.

"Grunt, grunt, snort"

"Eeergh!"

"Snort!"

The last guard finally shifts, moving to the side, allowing you access.

You receive 100 experience points for diplomatic entry into the storage bay.

The deep storage bay is as run-down as the hallways leading up to it, with entire metal plates missing from the floor and a huge, open exhaust shaft near the back of the room. Large crates litter the area, creating the appearance of a haphazard mess, and the air has a distinct smell of sweat and fumes that makes the entire area unpleasant. Flickering lights provide modest illumination, and a burst pipe along the ceiling leaks blue fluid down one wall.

Near the center of the room is an item that seems very out of place - a large, finely crafted desk made of Japor ivory wood, which means that the desk is both priceless and rare. Sitting peacefully behind the desk is a protocol droid with shiny, ebony coverings that seem to soak up light and offer only the slightest reflection. The droidís eyes flicker slightly, as though imitating a person blinking rapidly.

Roll Perception

Sicarius
2008-02-13, 03:17 AM
Mara

Mara very subtly looks to her left, then to her right, noting what she sees, and then turns her attention to the protocol droid.

"You must be Switch. It is a pleasure to meet you."

The businesswoman stays a polite distance from the desk, not close enough to touch the droid. Her approach might be construed incorrectly, and it was too important not to screw up this deal. She waited for the droid to return the greeting before moving to business.

Jensik
2008-02-13, 10:12 AM
Palini

Not really realizing just what is going on, Palini waves enthusiastically at the pair as they walk by them with a huge smile.

"Wow. Would you look at this place here. Hard to imagine a place like this is on the same station as that pavilion. Like two whole different worlds. Except it isn't a world. Two whole different stations."

Once they reach the center of the room, Palini can't help but gawk. Not sure whether it's the droid or the desk, but he is fascinated beyond speech by one of them.

[roll0]

Kaymeera
2008-02-15, 02:33 AM
As you approach the desk, the relatively static protocol droid sprung to life. From your current perspective, you notice the presence of a small R-unit droid behind the desk. To your right, previously hidden from view by several crates, you note the presence of a single large blue Twi'lek, relatively too well dressed to be an enforcer.

"Greetings, sentients", he announced, "and welcome to my humble abode. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Switch, and this is my humble companion R5-B8. Please, have a seat. May I offer you a drink? I have recently come by a fine selection of Corellian ales."

The droid gestures to several seats randomly arranged in front of the desk, then to several decorative bottles full of variously colored bottles carefully arranged to the side of the desk, along with several small glass cups.

"Now, to business. What can I offer you?"

Sicarius
2008-02-15, 09:23 AM
"You are most hospitable, Mr. Switch." Mara pours herself a glass of Corellian ale, sits down with perfect posture, and takes a small sip to not be rude.

"My name is Mara. It is a pleasure to meet you." The businesswoman began. "My business concerns a woman known as Maya. I am her representative in acquiring cargo for her that is currently in your care."

She does not reach for her glass again for the time being. She focuses intently on Switch himself. Protocol droids had noticeably less tells than most negotiators, but then again, they were never negotiators. She wondered who the backer behind the droid actually was.

Attilargh
2008-02-15, 01:57 PM
Arel

Arel's eyes dart around the room as he walks after Mara across the room. He stands straighter than usual, takes slightly longer steps and tries to keep his best sabacc-face on. I'm in the wrong place. Why didn't I scout the place beforehand and find myself a nice, shaded balcony somewhere?

He sits down quietly and pours himself a glass to give his hands something to do. Oh, right. Space station. Mm, if I was a Republic ambush, where would I hide?


[roll=Knowledge (Tactics)]1d20+7 (To identify places where enemies would most likely show up in case of a set-up.)

∆dit: Seems the board roller doesn't like parentheses. :smallconfused: Will re-roll both in the OOC thread.

Kaymeera
2008-02-23, 02:03 AM
The droid's photoreceptors seemed to blink much more rapidly as Mara spoke. He seemed to have taken a particular interest in her and was currently studying...learning from her every motion.

Finally, when she had finished speaking, he held silent for what threatened to be an awkward moment, before finally replying.

"What a beautiful human specimen you are. It is infinitely refreshing to finally come upon a well-spoken sentient, considering the insufferable mongrels with whom I usually have to deal."

Again, he remained quiet from a moment, as though basking in the moment.

"But, oh yes, Maya's cargo. I was expecting her earlier, but she failed to arrive. Information that she was a participant in the earlier scuffle with Imperial troops in the Promenade has come to me."

"As such, my companion R5 dutifully pointed out that her cargo was likely to be much more valuable and quite possibly be of interest to the Empire."

"I have no current interest in dealing with them. Nevertheless, the price has risen. I will elaborate on the location of the cargo on the payment of the cordial sum of 1,000 credits."

Sicarius
2008-02-23, 09:55 AM
Mara Deltear

Mara almost immediately started to blush. She was not expecting the flattery. Being a spoiled child, and then years of getting such compliments in the academy had stroked her ego to the point where they were hard to resist.

"Oh...you charmer." Mara started stuttering. "That's...of you sweet...I mean...sweet of you. That's...a touch...oh dear...I mean...um...How about...800?"

Inside, Mara's inner voice was cursing her for having such an obvious negotiation weakness, but right now she was reduced to a blushing synchophant.

Kaymeera
2008-02-23, 10:31 AM
The droid continues to perceive Mara, his head rotating ever so slightly on it's axle, as though attempting a mechanically impossible head-tilt.

"No, no, I'm afraid I can charge no less than 1,000 credits for the shipment."

Sicarius
2008-02-23, 11:57 AM
Mara Deltear

The rejection seemed to snap her back to reality. "R...right." Mara attempted to regain her composure. "1000 credits it is." The businesswoman reaches into a pocket and draws out a credit chip. Pushing a few numbers, she arranges for a transfer of 1000 credits from a secure account to the credit chip. "Here you are, Mr. Switch, 1000 credits."

Attilargh
2008-02-23, 01:31 PM
Arel

Had male Zabraks eyebrows, Arel's would have jumped halfway up his forehead when he heard the price. Still, he does a fair job of maintaining a calm, professional composure and just sips from his glass.

Then Mara pays, and Arel almost chokes on his ale. "Erm, excuse me," he mutters once he stops coughing. Did she just pay one thousand credits just like that? She didn't just pay a thousand credits just like that, right?

Kaymeera
2008-02-24, 06:02 AM
Switch appears relatively unimpressed as Mara goes about completing the transaction. Several moments later, the R5 unit beeps repeatedly - probably confirming the transfer of the credits.

Switch then turns back to Mara, "Very well. The cargo you are looking for happens to be stored in the main docking bay on Blue deck. I'm afraid you might have some difficulty reaching it, as it a primary docking station for Imperial ships and is likely to be well guarded."

"Speaking of which. You did not mention how you intend to transport the cargo. I assume you intend to move it off-world?"

Sicarius
2008-02-24, 10:37 AM
Mara

OOC: Maya said she was delivering it to the Senator, right?

"You'd be correct. We are moving it to Alderaan." Mara straightened her posture and looked directly at the photoreceptors that were the droid's eyes.

Jensik
2008-02-24, 11:04 AM
Palini

Palini tugs on Mara's pant leg. "Hey hey hey, now.... polite as it may be, we don't need to be tellin' this droid where we're goin'. Aint his business. Especially if he's capable of findin' junk out on it's own. Let him work for it at least. Anywho... let's get outa here. Those guys sneakin about behind them crates are makin' me nervous."

Kaymeera
2008-02-24, 11:13 AM
The R5 unit beeps excitedly at the mention of Alderaan. Switch turns to his companion for a moment, before returning his attention to Mara.

"What a supreme coincidence. I happen to require a rapid delivery of some Corellian ale to Alderaan. The shipment is in the form of a single crate, also found on Blue deck. I can offer you a down payment of 500 credits for your trouble, as well as an additional 500 upon successful delivery."

Sicarius
2008-02-24, 02:13 PM
Mara

"Really? I happen to be in that very business. I'd be more than happy to transport that crate for the grand total of 1,000 credits." Mara ignored Palini as best she could ignore someone grabbing her pants leg. Of course, if Switch had done his homework, he would already know about Maya and have a good guess as to the destination. There was no need for subtlety here.

"I do believe our business is almost finished here. How might we identify the cargo. Have you an identification number or a tag placed on it?"

Kaymeera
2008-02-25, 04:18 AM
"Oh yes, you will find both cargoes in the secondary storage rooms directly accessible from the bay area. They will be in the form of..."

Switch is interrupted as a noticeable loud squeal is heard following several blaster bursts coming from the direction of the entrance.

"Oh my..."

A single Chevin as well as two armed human guards barge into the room. The Chevin leads, pointing an angry finger at Switch.

"So! You thought you could hide your deal with the off-worlders from me, droid? Iím tired of not getting my cut! You will learn not to cheat Ganga Lor!"

He gestures at the guards.

"Turn him into a scrap heap, boys!"

Roll Initiative

Attilargh
2008-02-25, 10:38 AM
Arel

...That'd be 250 each, though the droid'll probably argue it down to at least 200. Still, not a bad pay for doing something I've already promis-

Wait, scrap heap? The Chevin's words obviously take a while to get through Arel's daydreams. He spins around on his chair, takes careful note of the weapons and promptly leaps behind the table. He then draws his heavy blaster. "Go me. Why couldn't I keep an eye on the only damn entrance?" he mutters in indignation.

Rafe
2008-02-25, 11:05 AM
Brek - Initiative 26

The large man, standing to Mara's flank, facing in towards the table to see both Switch and Mara, ignores most of the talk. Bargaining was for people like her. People like Brek understood purposeful, systematic violence - how to avoid it and how to deal it... in droves, when necessary. Brek keeps his small orange eyes moving, scanning the obstacle-ridden cargo bay. As he does so, he notes the words "Alderaan" and also recognizes that a side deal is happening...

... but the blaster-fire outside is his tell-tale, a trigger that brings him from alertness to readiness.

With an initiative roll of 26, ie natural 19, can Brek be ready with his rifle when Ganga Lor comes through the door? They had to spend a round outside blasting the Gamorians, arguably giving Brek enough time to swing his rifle from his shoulder and brace it (move action + 2 swift actions). Let me know.

Free action is what is spoken below...
With a swift and sure motion, the large and darkly-gleaming rifle swings from Brek's shoulder into his huge, strong hands. The stock is braced calmly against the meat of his chest where it merges with his granite shoulder. The thick, long barrel is aimed steadily towards the intruders, particularly the speaker.

With a grunt, Brek utters quietly to Mara: "This ain't our fight. Getting out of here without alerting the whole area would be best tactically... and medically." he adds with a grumble.

Jensik
2008-02-26, 09:29 AM
Palini

Palini ducks behind a crate and readies his rifle. "Yeesh! Just once, I'd like to go somewhere without gettin' shot at. Just to shake things up a bit, you know? I'm startin' to think you guys are bad luck. We may have to reevaluate our relationship."

Sicarius
2008-02-27, 08:52 AM
Mara

Mara hated firefights. Her blaster wasn't used as a deadly weapon, it was for intimidation. That being said, all she wanted to do was run. But she couldn't.

"He hasn't told us how to identify our cargo. We need him alive."

Rafe
2008-02-27, 12:00 PM
Brek - Initiative 26

Still miffed by his earlier injury and its lingering sting, Brek's anger is mounting at this situation of heightening aggression. Something so simple as leaving is becoming more complex every moment...

His rifle leveled at Ganga Lor and his cronies, Brek grumbles quietly to Mara: "What's the plan?"

I just realized that he would have been holding his weapon this whole time, so no need for the move action to ready it.

Swift Action x2 - bracing weapon
Free Action - appealing to people to advise him on a course of action since we don't have the cargo information

Going to ready my standard action of firing until it looks like someone in our party is going to be fired upon. Negotiation may still prevail here. If not and my readied action is triggered...

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] (still half damage to all in the 2-by-2 area if my attack misses)

Whoa... natural 20! So that should be 22 damage. Now I REALLY hope they decide to open a can of worms... because I've got their can right here... :smallamused:

Kaymeera
2008-02-28, 03:48 AM
One of the thugs who came in with Ganga Lor, raises a blaster, attempting to squeeze off a shot in Switch's general direction, but is deterred by a lethal barrage of fire by Brek

One of Switch's goons moves out into the open and fires a shot in Ganga Lor's general direction, missing horribly.

Go Palini

Initiative Summary:

Brek
Ganga Thug 1 - DEAD
Switch Thug 3

Palini

Ganga Lor
Ganga Thug 2
Mara
Switch Thug 4
Switch Thug 1
Switch Thug 5
Arel
Switch Thug 2
Switch and R5

EDIT: I was starting to think that it was ridiculous that we keep having these combat sequences where you aren't sure who's where doing what. Considering that I hate all kinds of image processing software (and they hate me), I demand you applaud my effort! Applaud, damn you!

That said, don't expect this kind of treatment all the time, since my free time is going to become nice and essentially non-existent over the next 4 months. Nevertheless, I have compiled a large set of maps and generic enemy placeholders for future use, so, hopefully, cooking up these maps won't be as difficult in the future. Hopefully..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/Kaymeera/SwitchBay.jpg

Jensik
2008-02-28, 10:12 AM
Palini

Crud crud crud crud crud crud crud crud crud crud....

"CRUD!"

Palini takes a shot with his rifle, aiming at the lackey still standing.

*Applauding battle map!*
[roll0] Aiming at F16
[roll1]

Attilargh
2008-02-28, 10:41 AM
Arel

{{Assuming Switch's thugs and Mara don't ventilate G.L. before Arel gets to act:}}

"Hey Brek, why are you in such a hurry to throw away a profitable job?" Arel asks before taking cover behind the big heap of scrap to his left. Then he sets his sights on the Chevin. "Do as the lady says, buddy."

Move to H10, ready action to shoot at Ganga Lor if he doesn't do as Arel says.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Sicarius
2008-02-28, 11:23 AM
Mara

Palini scored a crit, I'm assuming he wasted the goon. If not, I'll change it.

In a flash, Brek blows away the goon standing to Ganga's left, and Palini was already firing his rifle, dropping the other in a split second. Mara put on her bravest face and scowled at the Chevin, hand on the blaster at her hip.

"Looks like your plan backfired, Ganga Lor! Surrender, now!"

Persuasion:[roll0]

Kaymeera
2008-02-28, 12:15 PM
Attilargh/Sicarius, you might want to change your actions. If you still want to take the same action, let me know in the OOC or by PM.

The Chevin appears increasingly distressed as both his henchmen are gunned down with lethal attacks.

He glares at the party, before raising his hands in gesture, as he runs for cover.

"What am I paying you idiots for?! Shoot them!"

Switch's thugs have changed sides.

Go Mara

Initiative Summary:

Brek
Ganga Thug 1 - DEAD
Switch Turncoat 3
Palini
Ganga Lor
Ganga Thug 2 - DEAD

Mara

Switch Turncoat 4
Switch Turncoat 1
Switch Turncoat 5
Arel
Switch Turncoat 2
Switch and R5

Map:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/Kaymeera/SwitchBay2.jpg

If you want a custom placeholder instead of the ones already on the map, let me know.

Attilargh
2008-02-28, 01:03 PM
Arel

"Oh. Rats." Arel stands motionless for a split second as he quickly glances around and re-evaluates the situation. Then he spins around and almost shoots the unarmed Twi'lek behind him. Luckily, he manages to stop himself in time and turns around again to shoot at the Wookiee in front of Ganga Lor. "Brek, covering fire!"

Shoot at the well-dressed Twi'lek in H8 the Wookiee in C13. Hope he has a low damage threshold. Curse at the well-deployed turncoats from whom there is no hiding.

Also, Wolf Sazen (http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/f/fe/Sazen_Daluuj.JPG) would make for a nice picture of Arel.

Sicarius
2008-02-28, 01:07 PM
Mara

Mara turns to one of the turncoats who hasn't fired yet. "You going to listen to that coward? He'll shoot you in the back when this is over, if we don't gun you down first!"

Persuasion: [roll0]

Sicarius
2008-02-28, 01:10 PM
Mara

Mara turns to the closest turncoat. "You going to listen to that coward? He'll shoot you in the back when this is over, if we don't gun you down first!"

EDIT: It double-posted. Just pick the one you want, Kay

Persuasion: [roll0]

Kaymeera
2008-03-02, 05:14 AM
The wookiee and the twi'lek mercenaries give visible smirks at Mara's taunt, as they move to return fire.

The quarren moves to J11

[roll0] at Brek [roll1] - Miss!
[roll2] at Palini [roll3] - Miss!
[roll4] at Arel [roll5] - Critical Hit! - Arel takes 24 damage and is forced one step down the condition track. DM note: Sorry!Arel, barely conscious, fires at the Wookie, dealing enough damage to knock him off his feet, unconscious.(You moved for cover right? Where to again?)

A Sullust thug comes out of nowhere, firing at the heroes. Moves to C11 Meanwhile, Switch and his companions run for cover. Switch squeezes off a single round from a hold-out blaster, but misses.

[roll6] at Brek [roll7] - Hit!Initiative Summary:

Brek

Ganga Thug 1 - DEAD
Switch Thug 3
Palini
Ganga Lor
Ganga Thug 2 - DEAD
Mara
Switch Thug 4 - DEAD
Switch Thug 1
Switch Thug 5
Arel
Switch Thug 2
Switch, R5 and Twi'lek aideI'm going to update the map with numbers, hang on.
Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/Kaymeera/SwitchBay3.jpg
C is for CRITICAL, F is FEAR effect.
Go Brek, this is the second round of combat.

Rafe
2008-03-02, 08:51 AM
Brek - initiative 26 | 10/31 HP | Ref 17, Fort 14

Trained in small-unit formation fighting, Brek acknowledges the request and calls out, "Covering fire!"

Brek moves to E10, in front of Mara, and sweeps the 2-by-2 squares containing thugs in C11 and B12 with blaster fire.

Spending a Force point to add to my attack roll: [roll0]

Since I can't preview or add a roll in edit, I'll edit in bold for the final attack modifier:

Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2](half damage if I miss)

edit 1: well that was easy enough. 17+1 = 18 attack roll

edit 2: can I eject a power pack as a swift action? I couldn't find timeframes for replacing power packs/cells in weapons. If I can, I do so.

Attilargh
2008-03-02, 11:36 AM
Arel

Arel staggers from the blaster bolt, but stays on his feet and simply grunts. "I'm okay, it's just a flesh wound." Taking advantage of Brek's covering fire, he moves across the room to take a shot at the human in the corner. I hope Second Person Ugly there realizes he's running out of mooks.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Phew, that was close! Arel didn't take cover; I could not find a spot that would actually grant me that sweet +4, at least without removing him from the fight entirely. (Stupid rules, mumble grumble...)

He takes Second Wind to bump his HP up to 14, before moving to F14 and shooting at Mook #3.

Kaymeera
2008-03-02, 03:45 PM
A barrage of covering fire by Brek effectively takes out the Sullust and Twi'lek. The Force was with him.

A single scrawny human reveals himself at the other end of the bay, firing a stray shot in the party's general direction.

Go Palini
Initiative Summary:

Brek
Ganga Thug 1 - DEAD
Switch Thug 3

Palini

Ganga Lor
Ganga Thug 2 - DEAD
Mara
Switch Thug 4 - DEAD
Switch Thug 1 - DEAD
Switch Thug 5
Arel
Switch Thug 2 - DEAD
Switch, R5 and Twi'lek aide

Sicarius
2008-03-02, 03:54 PM
Mara

Declaring my action to end combat quicker.

The businesswoman looked increasingly worried as blaster shots ricocheted all around her. Her hand pulled her blaster out of her holster, and she took a step (OOC: To F10) to avoid shooting Palini or Arel. She squeezed off a blast at the Quarren trying to kill Arel.


Spending a Force Point to add to my attack.
Attack Roll: [roll0]
Force Point: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Jensik
2008-03-02, 06:16 PM
Palini

Palini grumbles something about Skor II and him being on it just before firing a shot at the Quarren.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Sicarius
2008-03-02, 09:31 PM
If Palini wastes him, move Mara to E14 and have her be a terrible shot in a whole new direction.

Kaymeera
2008-03-04, 07:59 AM
Palini aims and hits the Quarren, dropping him to the ground.

Surrounded, and outnumbered, the final human mercenary cries out, "Stop! I give up."

"Traitor!", yells another voice near the crates as a pair of blaster shots are fired, followed by a shriek of pain. The Chevin finally leaves his hiding spot, firing a burst of stray covering fire as he bolts for the exit.

Mara fires off a single pellet; the gun jams and jumps out of her hand, she barely manages to hang onto it!

"Stop him! Stop him! I want him terminated!" cries the mechanical voice of Switch, now brandishing a small blaster.

Go Arel
Initiative Summary:

Brek
Ganga Thug 1 - DEAD
Switch Thug 3 - DEAD
Palini
Ganga Lor
Ganga Thug 2 - DEAD
Mara
Switch Thug 4 - DEAD
Switch Thug 1 - DEAD
Switch Thug 5 - DEAD

Arel

Switch Thug 2 - DEAD
Switch, R5 and Twi'lek aide

Attilargh
2008-03-04, 10:04 AM
Arel

Arel staggers from the blaster bolt, but stays on his feet and simply grunts. He lifts his heavy blaster, takes careful aim at Ganga Lor, and pulls the trigger gently back.

He takes Second Wind to bump his HP up to 14, shooting at Ganga Lor. If he misses, he goes after the gangster.

Kaymeera
2008-03-04, 11:39 AM
Arel hits the escaping Chevin square on the back, who topples somewhat as the bolt hits him, but keeps staggering, though now slower, towards the exit.

Go Brek!

Rafe
2008-03-06, 06:10 PM
Brek - initiative 26 | 10/31 hp

The wounded and fiercely disgruntled creature grinds his teeth as he sees the Chevin attempt to flee. In the midst of the cool rage that all soldiers know, Brek ejects the power pack from his repeater. He closes his mammoth hand around it and narrows his eyes at the control panel beside the bay doors.

"Hros'k Frenna l'is," he mutters to himself.

With a grunt, he hurls the power pack.

"Force be with me" [translation]

Move Action: eject clip (or swift action?)
Standard Action: throwing it at the door controls to seal Ganga Lor in since I don't have a stun setting on my weapon.

Using a Force point for this: [roll0]

Throw power pack at controls: [roll1]

Kaymeera
2008-03-07, 03:04 PM
Miraculously, the power pack flies across the room towards the door controls, hitting them squarely - the doors quickly close before the Chevin can reach them.

Go Pal

Rafe
2008-03-08, 11:35 AM
Brek

Seeing the effects of his throw, in his gravelly voice, Brek calls out, "Set weapons for stun!"

Assuming that I had either a swift or free action left for a quick line.

Jensik
2008-03-08, 11:35 PM
Palini

Stun? Oh yeah, I forgot this thing had different settings on it.

Palini switches his rifle to stun and closes a little distance, firing once again when he was about 15 feet away.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Kaymeera
2008-03-09, 01:39 AM
Palini swings the rifle to aim - apparently it was a little big for him! It flies right out of his arms and ricochettes against the floor, firing a blue stun bolt directly at him.

Palini takes 9 points of stun damage.

Trapped, Ganga Lor turned around and leveled his blaster on Switch, intent on taking him down with him. He fires and instead hits a crate, directly next to Switch's head, who did not even flinch in turn.

[roll0]
[roll1]
Go Mara

Sicarius
2008-03-09, 08:26 AM
Mara

Mara stares Ganga Lor down. "It's over, Chevin! Give up and your life will be spared!"

Fortunately, I haven't failed a check against him personally yet. Persuasion check to get him to surrender. [roll0]

Kaymeera
2008-03-10, 10:20 AM
Surrounded, cornered and outnumbered, the Chevin finally admitted defeat. You hear the clatter of a firearm dropping to the ground, as the weary and injured Chevin stepped into view, his hands in the air, toddling slowly towards you.

Switch, with an unexpected mechanical haste, finally left his cover from behind the crates, and went to meet him halfway.

"Switch! Switch", exclaims the Chevin, in what you assume to be the friendliest voice the Chevin could muster, "we had some good times, right? You wouldn't kill an old friend?"

"It is about time we end our business agreement, Ganga." replied the droid, "I will be assuming the position of sole Informations Broker on Sel Zonn, now."

"Terminate him", he adds in the direction of the party.

The Chevin drops to his knees, with a pleading glint in his beady eyes, "Please, no.."

OOC: Guys, I would like to apologize for the decreased frequency of my updates. To work, most everything takes the back-seat - as you all are probably quite well aware.

Rafe
2008-03-10, 06:43 PM
Brek

The large creature seems to grow larger and more menacing... but his ire is not directed at the Chevin. He glares at Switch.

"I am no mercenary, machine," he growls. "Handle your own dirty work. If you can find a minion to do it." Brek gestures vaguely to the humanoid and alien debris amidst the smoke and smell of carbon scoring.

"Give us the information we require to do our job, and should any 'interested parties' become aware of the cargo or ourselves, you would do well to know that a Dashade never forgets and never dies until he is ready to." He leans in close to Switch. "The corridors of my memory, machine-man, are particularly long."

He looks at Ganga Lor. "If you cross us again, anywhere, I won't shoot you. I'll use this." He wraps a large, charcoal hand around the handle of his strange sword. "And I'll take my time."

Somewhat chagrinned by his long diatribes, Brek grumbles and says to the others, "Let's move out of here, when you have the information you require." He directs this last comment to Mara.

Brek proceeds to retrieve his power pack, loads it, and then begins to retrieve a few others from the dead.

Kaymeera: If there are weapons here better than the two secondary blasters I have, I'll take them. (Heavy Blaster(s) would rate as better.) I'll also take a bandolier if any of these vermin have one. Power packs ahoy!

Let me know if any of them have anything interesting like grenades, etc. Assume only a cursory check of a few of them. I'm not going to spend more than 20-40 seconds doing this salvage op.

Let me know if you want an intimidation check. No clue what that falls under, though.

Perception to check for bandolier, extra power packs, etc: [roll0]

Sicarius
2008-03-10, 10:37 PM
Mara

"We are not your assassins, Mr. Switch." Mara eyed him warily. "And we do not follow your orders. Our business was interrupted, but we may continue now. How might we identify our cargo?"

Kaymeera
2008-03-13, 04:51 AM
Switch looks both Brek and Mara over, photoreceptors fixed and "unblinking".

"How disappointing", mutters the droid, as he levels the blaster to the Chevins head, dealing the killing blow. The Chevin drops sideways onto the ground, lifeless.

The Twi'lek attendant stayed firmly on the ground, sneaking occasional glances at the group, while the R5 unit remained in it's original position.

Switch turns to Brek. "I am not in the business of having my clients arrested. Ruins the opportunity for repeat business. Additionally, I seem to owe you a debt of gratitude for saving my life.

"The cargo, as I explained, will be found in one of the storage bays in the main docking bay of Blue Deck. I use it for storage as it is quite unlike the Empire to search for contraband directly under their noses. That is all I know. As to your cargo, you will know it when you see it.

"I should also remind you that you are now under contract to deliver my Ale. Failing to do so, despite today's occurrences, may have...consequences.

"You should tend to your injuries. Should you dare to venture the Promenade again, seek out Delgas at his establishment. He is a skilled physician who sells medical supplies. He also owes me a favor.

"I thank you one last time. Now I think I feel more inclined to spend the remainder of the day with recruitment. Leave."

The droid then bustled back to his desk, inadvertently stepping over his very attendant's hand. The Twi'lek immediately got back to his feat, nursing his hand and watch as Switch revealed a hidden console on his desk and began to operate it.

Brek, with the thugs and Ganga Lor, you find nothing more than typical blaster pistols, and a single vibro-ax. Additionally, with Ganga, you find a single 300 credit chip and a datapad.

XP!

Convincing Switch to reveal the Location of the Cargo - 100 XP
Defeating a CL 10 encounter - 500 XP
Saving Switch's "Life" - 50 XP
Doing the Right Thing! (Refusing to execute Ganga Lor) - 24 XP
PERFECT EXECUTION!

What?! 24 XP is a very reasonable sum for not killing Ganga. Oh you whiny, MinMaxers! Fine, take 1 more XP point!

Jensik
2008-03-13, 09:25 AM
Palini

Palini gracelessly falls onto his rear after getting shot by himself. He sits there silently as the events unfold around him, the only sign of life being a violently twitching ear. After Switch sits back down at his desk, Palini rises clutching his stomach.

"Wow... that really takes it out of ya, huh? Certainly is a day full of firsts. I'm fine , by the way... let us never speak of this again."

The Squib gathers his things and gets ready to leave.

Interesting droid. Didn't know they could be program that way. Somebody needs a good memory wipe.

Attilargh
2008-03-13, 12:03 PM
Arel

"Well, if you insist." Arel holsters his pistol, grabs his pack and heads for the exit. "Brek, take the axe. Might come in handy some day."

Sicarius
2008-03-14, 09:18 AM
Mara

"Then it appears our business is concluded. A pleasure dealing with you, Mr. Switch." Mara politely shook his mechanical hand, and then looked at the Arel and Brek. "You two look positively awful. I'll contact Maya, let's get you two patched up."

Rafe
2008-03-18, 12:32 PM
Brek

Brek ignores the vibro-axe, a grim smirk on his face as he thinks of his own sword. He straightens from Ganga Lor's body, a tiny datapad in his hand, the credit chips slipped into a pocket of his combat suit.

"Mara," he grumbles, seeking to get her attention. Doing so, he tosses it carefully to her and continues to strip blasted minions for their weapon cells, reloading his rifle with one.

Seeing the small Palini still sitting with a dazed look on his face as he examines a self-induced blaster burn on his person, the large creature approaches and gently lifts his friend up. "Chin up. We're not out of the woods yet."

Brek follows the others out of the bay. After a few moments of straight-forward, pragmatic thinking, he looks down at Mara. "What's the plan, then? How do we get off this heap once we have both cargos? We're a bit easy to spot and today's earlier incident in the Promenade will mean we can't move openly."

Sicarius
2008-03-18, 02:18 PM
Mara

"Hmm...Maya is probably blacklisted as well. After I contact her, I'll see about chartering a transport to Alderaan. I wasn't involved in the firefight, per say. I was just an unfortunate woman in the wrong place at the wrong time. If I arrange for transport, I can try to craft a basic enough disguise to fool a cursory examination. Arel would be the easiest, you'd be the hardest."

Jensik
2008-03-18, 04:07 PM
Palini

Palini grins at Brek, "Around you, my chin's always up. Only way we can see eye to eye."

Noticing that he was left out of Mara's impromptu plan, he jumps to his own conclusions.

"Don't even think about hiding me in a crate. Last time I did that I was nearly crushed. Now I'll admit it was kinda fun at first and I did get a free ride, but the pros don't outweigh the cons. My container got knocked upside down and I had the pleasure of riding along with some scrap Durasteel. Squishy, squishy.... No thank you."

Sicarius
2008-03-18, 06:09 PM
Mara

Mara goes about contacting Maya on the frequency given to her after her meet.

Kaymeera
2008-03-19, 12:10 AM
Mara's comlink beeps as it connects on the given frequency. A female voice you don't recognize immediately answers.

"Hello? Who's this?"

OOC/Mara: Roll Perception and continue - the roll is for a future action

Sicarius
2008-03-19, 08:52 AM
Mara Deltear

"This is Mara." Mara answered neutrally, unsure how to proceed with this unfamiliar voice.

Kaymeera
2008-03-19, 10:34 AM
There's a long silence, finally broken by a single query.

"Do you have the cargo yet?"

Sicarius
2008-03-19, 11:14 AM
Mara

"I was presuming you'd know when I'd call."

Kaymeera
2008-03-19, 11:59 AM
Another long silence then the woman on the other end replies.

"I'll take that as a yes. Where should I pick you up?"

Sicarius
2008-03-19, 08:28 PM
Mara

"Later, we need to take care of some unfinished business. I'll be in touch."

Kaymeera
2008-03-20, 01:42 AM
You hear a mumble and a whispered "Nerfs" just before the comlink beeped off.

Attilargh
2008-03-20, 01:53 PM
Arel

Arel raises the places where humans have eyebrows as he looks at Mara. "Well, what did she say? For the record, I'm fine. It's just a flesh wound."

The Zabrak claps his hands together. "So, how about a plan, then? First off we need to find out everything there is to know about the docking bay on Blue Deck. Entrances, exits, routes for withdrawal, anything. Then we can get to the details."

Sicarius
2008-03-20, 02:04 PM
Mara

"Some other woman answered, not Maya. That means you three are going to get patched up while I ask Maya what's going on. It's entirely possible this woman was our contact. In this day and age, given our business, I'm justifiably paranoid."

Rafe
2008-03-20, 09:07 PM
Brek

Even after having warned against the Promenade, Brek pauses, the ensuing conversations a remote buzz in his ears. His small, orange eyes focus into the distance. "No," he utters to himself. "The Promenade is clear for us." He frowns and shakes his head. "I think."

He peers at the others as Arel mentions the need for having an idea of Blue Deck layout. "Let's find us a dock worker on that deck and find out what we can, after we get patched up." He examines himself, scratching with a black finger nail/claw at some of the carbon scoring on his armour plates. "I look like the ash pits of Sargost Minor..."

Jensik
2008-03-20, 09:30 PM
Palini

Not having a mind for tactics or planning, Palini just kind of tunes out most of the conversation. Looking up at his tall, dark friend he once again assumes the confused and bewildered look that he is most accustomed to. "The what, what, where? Yikes, I bet you've visited more rocks than I've even heard of! Well... yeah... obviously... since you keep talkin' 'bout stuff that don't make any sense at all. Alright, I've decided. I'm officially sticking with you guys from now on. In spite of getting shot at more often than I find comfortable, you're an interesting bunch of folks."

Attilargh
2008-03-21, 04:48 AM
Arel

Arel flashes a genuine grin as Palini speaks up. "That's good to hear." Then he looks quizzically at Brek. "You sure? Granted, they probably won't be looking for us there... He runs a finger down the bridge of his nose as he is lost in thought for a bit. "'Course, we could just hole up somewhere and Mara could bring that doctor friend Switch mentioned to us. I don't like the idea of one of us going out there alone, though."

Sicarius
2008-03-21, 08:28 AM
Mara

"I'm fine." Mara began. "I can take care of myself."

Rafe
2008-03-21, 11:57 AM
Brek

Arel

Then he looks quizzically at Brek. "You sure? Granted, they probably won't be looking for us there..."
Brek's cracked granite slab of a mouth tightens into a line. "I'm not sure. It's just a... feeling. An instinct like. Strange..."

He grunts and grins down at Palini, his distant pensiveness faded. "Thado'sh dro'nr, vren'sh br'esk." Seeing his companions' looks, he grumbles: " 'Blood spilt, lives bound.' More or less."

Attilargh
2008-03-23, 12:34 PM
Arel

"Huh, okay. How about we follow the big man's instincts and all leg it to that doc of Switch's? If Brek's right, we'll be fine and if he's not, well, at least you won't be there alone," Arel says to Mara.

If no-one objects, Arel heads towards the Promenade. "I'll slink a bit ahead of you to make sure we don't run into Rep patrols, okay? If you need me, I won't be far." He then disappears around a corner and does his best "part of the scenery" impression.

[roll0]

{{∆dit: Okay, that's atrocious. I'll use Improved Stealth to re-roll that.}}

Rafe
2008-03-25, 12:09 PM
Brek

The hulking creature sweeps in front of Mara and Palini, taking point with Arel ranging farther ahead. "The Promenade will take us to Maya's, where we can patch up. Then to Blue Deck and off this floating heap."

Brek keeps his rifle braced as he moves, sweeping in a 90-degree firing arc that covers the fore, his eyes scanning for any signs of trouble.

Perception: [roll0]

edit: Sweet... natural 20!

Sicarius
2008-03-25, 12:27 PM
Mara

"First step is to get you three to that doctor on the Promenade. I'll check on Maya while you three are under the knife." Mara begins moving briskly toward her destination, hoping that her shoes don't make her feet pay later by doing so.

Kaymeera
2008-03-27, 09:14 AM
You quietly manage to make your way back up to the main station, the freshly refiltered air and well-lit halls a welcome change from the dim-lit, off-smelling poorly maintained dwellings below.

You make it back to the now slowly refilling Promenade. Through the Cantina was now obviously off-limits, with a pair of Imperial Stormtroopers guarding the entrances and the area around the broken window sealed off with yellow tape.

You realize that there were now at least five times more Imperial patrols in the area. Nevertheless, they give only cursory glances to all of you apart from Brek and Arel; The former being quite noticeably large and armed while the latter takes pangs to avoid being seen.

Nevertheless, they make no effort to detain any of you. It seems they had no eye witnesses to the assault - at least not anyone who they had found and interrogated. They appear to be on full alert for trouble.

You note Delgas' Medical Supplies store across the Promenade, as well as the hallway through which Maya had led you to her safehouse.

Sicarius
2008-03-27, 11:19 AM
Mara

Mara leans in close to Arel's head for a second, the only one of close enough height to whisper. "Get fixed up, I'll be right back."

Kaymeera
2008-03-27, 12:12 PM
Mara detaches from the group, taking the hallway leading towards Maya's apartment.

Jensik
2008-03-27, 01:27 PM
Palini

Scratching his head, Palini watches Mara head off with concern. "Think she'll be OK on her own? I could go with her... I mean I'm more or less fine, just got hit with a stun bolt. Ah, forget it. Me and words aint so goodly, I'd just get in the way."

Rafe
2008-03-28, 11:53 AM
Brek

Far from being pleased at his intuition proving correct, Brek appears perturbed, as though something was nagging at his mind but he couldn't place the thought.

Brek pushes these ponderings away and watches Mara move off, nodding to her words. He listens to Palini and grunts. "She's come as far as we have, hasn't she?" The large man was reminded of Jedi Knight Kela Niss, a Kel'dor Jedi whose lightsaber he had never seen ignited. "Words can be powerful weapons, too. They just aren't my thing.

"Let's get patched up and hold position for her." He moves towards the medical supply shop, the credits he had removed from Ganga Lor tiny in his massive, three-fingered hand.

Attilargh
2008-03-31, 08:17 AM
Arel

"Huh, good instincts," Arel says to Brek with an appreciative nod. "But yeah, let's. Remember, Switch said this guy owes it a favour, so hide those creds for a moment." The Zabrak then walks into Delgas's.

Kaymeera
2008-03-31, 11:44 AM
To your surprise, your attempts to open the door fail as you note the large computer screen on the door, clearly displaying the lettering "Closed for renovations."

Knocking however, leads to some progress, as the monitor output changes to show a live feed of an alien sentient, with a long curved neck and a T-shaped head. He begins to speak in a language none of you can interpret. Moments afterwards, his voice was phased out as a robotic voice replaces his, speaking in basic.

"Greetings. You are Switch's associates. He has me expecting you. Please enter."

You hear a soft mechanical click, as the door unlocks.

Inside, there isn't much to meet the eye. Disturbingly reminiscent of Switch's hideout, you find the wall paint starting to thin and crack in the dimly lit room, with exposed wiring coming down from the ceiling and out of the walls. Behind a rusted set of metal shelves containing a pair of abandoned crates, you find an open entryway to a backroom. You note the dim blue light of a computer from around the corner.

Rafe
2008-04-01, 11:44 AM
Brek

The large humanoid brings his rifle back to his thick shoulder and sweeps the aged room. He looks to Arel and nods to the right; to Palini he nods left. Avoiding the wiring and any debris on the ground, Brek moves slowly forward, toward the hum and glow of a terminal ahead, out of sight.

"Show yourself," Brek growls. "We've had one too many surprises today as it is."

Jensik
2008-04-01, 05:09 PM
Palini

Not knowing to look for Brek's subtle command, and his salvager's instinct kicking in, Palini moves straight for the crates to dig around. He doesn't really expect to find anything useful, if anything at all, but he is hoping to find something that he make appear useful to some sucker later on.

[roll0]

Attilargh
2008-04-02, 08:57 AM
Arel

Arel slinks a bit to the side and hooks his thumb on his belt, conveniently near his blaster. Then he's forced to grin at the way Palini concentrates on the matter at hand. "Hey, Palini, stop trawling through other people's rubbish. It's not polite."

Kaymeera
2008-04-02, 10:26 AM
"..."

You hear the voice once more from behind the corner; it suggests something of stress, but you still cannot understand the words.

Palini

You find nothing save a single battered, but functional medkit in one of the containers.

Rafe
2008-04-03, 09:22 AM
Brek

Something's not right, Brek thinks. Why would a supply store on a main thoroughfare be in this kind of condition and, if it's closed, why isn't he showing himself? There's 'renovations' and then this...

Taking the lead, Brek moves towards the corner and looks into the room, shielding his body partly with the decrepid wall, hoping to make out the source of the light and the presence of the alien figure the three had seen on the vidscreen.

Perception (if needed): [roll0]
Initiative (if needed): [roll1]

Kaymeera
2008-04-03, 09:54 AM
"..."

Turning the corner, you find yourself in the backroom of the store. As decrepit as the front room, but relatively better lit; mostly by the blue hue of a large, multiple computer monitor arrangement on the far wall, as well as four large tanks containing a murky, green, fluorescent fluid arranged in each of the room corners.

In the centre of the room, is a large metallic, clean operating table. There is a large lighting equipment arrangement held above, extending from the ceiling, which is however, currently turned off.

Finally, there is a large cabinet against the wall to the right, containing a large assortment of differently colored bottles and boxes. A strange-looking, leafy, mushroom-like plant in a pot, set on top of the cabinet catches your eye for some reason.

Near the computer console, the alien sentient stood cowering away, murmuring towards you in incomprehensible words - a pleading tone in his voice.

"..."

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/7/74/Tendau_Bendon_%28Ithorian%29.jpg

Attilargh
2008-04-03, 11:03 AM
Arel

Assuming Brek doesn't get shot, stabbed or pummeled, Arel walks in and sits down on the operating table to wait for the Ithorian. Nice place, bacta tanks and all.

Rafe
2008-04-03, 12:27 PM
Brek

Shaking his head at his own wariness, deserved or not, the massive creature squeezes in behind Arel and eyes the equipment. He nods to the Ithorian and slings his rifle. Tight quarters, anyway. Brek remains standing, leaning against the doorframe, keeping an eye on the main area as well as the back room.

Kaymeera
2008-04-06, 01:46 PM
The Ithorian's breathing slows as you lower your weapons, and makes his way back to the console. After a few keystrokes, he turns back to you. Speaking again in the incomprehendable language.

"..."

The computer immediately translates.

"I will assume you have no intent to harm me, but Switch's associates have never been less than fickle, speaking false truths and obvious lies."

His voice falters for a moment, before he adds.

"Switch will not let my death go unpunished. It is in your best interests to leave me be after I tend to your injuries."

"You may opt to use my bacta tanks - I have prepared them in advance - the process will be complete and will leave little scarring, but will take some time. A minimum of 12 standard hours. If you must be on your way, I can provide surgical sutures and first aid, but it will not be quite as effective."

Roll Perception

Rafe
2008-04-09, 11:51 AM
Brek

The hulking humanoid laughs, a low and gravelly sound. "Why would we want to 'throw grenades in a starcruiser'? You're in no danger from us so long as you deal straight with us," Brek tells the Ithorian.

"I'll go first, then." Stripping out of his combat jumpsuit, the large charcoal-hued creatures allows himself to be fitted with a breather mask and submerged into a tank. He keeps his sword above the large cannister, within reach should he need to surge out of the fluid and take up arms.

Brek looks mildly panicked for a moment, but adjusts to the conditions quickly, allowing himself to remain still and relaxed as he breathes through the face-mask.

Attilargh
2008-04-09, 12:38 PM
Arel

"Wait," Arel says and grabs Brek's arm. "The Imps know Mara's here, they know she's got help and they can't not know about Switch. If they're serious about this, we don't have twelve hours to float in a tank."

He takes off his coat and hops down from the table. "You aren't afraid of needles, are you?" He then pulls his charred shirt over his head with one fluid movement - and bends over his wound with a groan.

Jensik
2008-04-10, 12:12 AM
Palini

The Squib enters the back room, closing his backpack and shouldering it. He takes a look around and sees Arel and Brek have taken off some or most of their clothing. After a moments hesitation he walks out of the room and comes back in a few seconds later to make sure he wasn't hallucinating. Satisfied that it was they who were crazy, Palini shakes his head.

He opens his mouth to say something several times, but constantly is at a loss. "Is... is this normal? I haven't really known you guys that long. I'm... really uncomfortable right now. I guess, that... what... yeah. I'm gonna go. I'll be waiting in the other room."

Attilargh
2008-04-11, 07:22 AM
Arel

Arel blinks a couple of times after Palini has left. "Dirty imagination he's got there."

Kaymeera
2008-04-13, 10:31 AM
The physician quickly taps a few buttons on the side of the table and it immediately lightens up, illuminating every nook of the room. A table was elevated from underneath the first, carrying a full set of surgical equipment, syringes, as well as several containers of unknown contents.

He operates first on Arel, applying anesthetic first, then taking his time to clean and suture each wound. Though none of you had any true experience as healers, you can tell from his care and workmanship that he is obviously very talented. He leaves Arel with several small gashes on his chest.

Next, he works on Brek, who had lost a great deal of flesh from his arm. Applying a thick, colored mixture from one of the containers, which quickly changed color to roughly match Brek's skin-tone. He quickly molded the synthetic material to the gash, melding it with a powered device to Brek's true skin. He is left with a large area of bland looking skin.

The physician explains, "..."

"The material is merely synthetic, genetically-engineered flesh. It will eventually change to match your true skin tone, in a few days. Regardless, it will disappear altogether as you heal.

He points at Arel.

"As for the sutures, the are degradable and will fall off in approximately one week. Well, I am done here."

The Ithorian steps back, returning his tools to the tray.

Two hours have passed. Brek and Arel have each recovered 19 hitpoints.

Attilargh
2008-04-13, 10:57 AM
Arel

Arel pokes the sutures lightly. "Huh, good as new. You're quite something," he says to the Ithorian with an appreciative nod. Then he gets dressed and once Brek's ready as well he heads out. "Thanks for the aid, doc. Guess we're off to save the galaxy, then.

Jensik
2008-04-13, 01:29 PM
Palini

Seeing the work nearly finished, Palini goes and takes a peek outside to see if anyone suspicious or heavily armed is around.

[roll0]

Sicarius
2008-04-13, 09:56 PM
Mara

Mara comes back in looking dejected. "I couldn't find any trace of her...I think she's in trouble." She looks very disappointed in herself.

Rafe
2008-04-14, 01:21 PM
Brek

The hulking man examines the lighter grey of the synthetic flesh, flexing his thick arms to test its resilience. Satisfied, he nods to the Ithorian.

As he's cinching the final strap of his combat suit in the front room, Mara walks in. He listens to her and frowns. Pragmatism and battle triage war with his softer side, which only makes infrequent manifestations. His practical nature asserts itself: "We don't have much choice now. We know where Switch's and her cargo is. We need to get it and aim ourselves towards Alderaan. If Maya's gone or been taken, there's little that four of us can do."

Then Brek remembers the comlink. Reaching into his belt, he pulls the Imperial communicator out and activates it. It is still set to the channel/frequency the Imperials had last used - days ago, it feels like to the creature - on the Promenade.

The huge man raises the comlink closer to his head and listens, hoping that the base forces have reverted to their default code.

Kaymeera
2008-04-14, 04:24 PM
Brek

Tampering with the comlink, you luckily manage to find what you believe to be the new operating frequency of the local Imperial garrison. You hear nothing of interest on the speaker, suggesting a lack of active operations at the moment.

Attilargh
2008-04-15, 07:43 AM
Arel

"She's probably just hiding. No sense in risking us telling the Imps where she's staying. So, found anything about the target?

Sicarius
2008-04-15, 08:04 AM
Mara

"No. Just that it's a crate in the docks. If we're all set, we should arrange transportation out and get that crate as soon as possible." Mara began to compose herself.

Rafe
2008-04-15, 08:44 AM
Brek

Comlink in one hand with his other hand on a blaster slung under his arm in a concealed holster, Brek indicates readiness with a firm nod. His large rifle is slung over his shoulder, a fresh cell loaded. "Let's move, then. Mara, do you know anyone we can find transport with?

"I say we arrange transport, then have droids retrieve and load the cargoes. If they're being watched, we'll have some warning." The large man casually tosses the Imperial comlink. "Warning from two angles, hopefully."

Sicarius
2008-04-15, 09:50 AM
Mara

"Not off-hand..." Mara begins. :But I have enough credits to charter a vessel to Alderaan. If we look at the business sector of this station, I have no doubt I could find a pilot willing to transport us."

Kaymeera
2008-04-15, 11:24 AM
As the comlink hits the ground, it crackles to life.

"Tarn to Command, <static>, Tarn to Command <static>"

"Yes, Petty Officer Tarn, this is Command"

"I just received <static> tip-off <static>. Apparently we have some <static> Main Imperial docking <static> Blue Deck."

"That's a negative, P.O. Tarn. Do you require reinforcements?"

"<static> send <static> a squadron. And get me a god-damned new <static>!"

"Roger that, P.O. Tarn, I'm sending several patrol troopers your way."

"Sith-<static>"

The comlink fades out as it loses charge.

Rafe
2008-04-15, 11:27 AM
Brek

The huge man hands something to Mara. "Ganga Lor was kind enough to donate to our cause," he grumbles with a dark grin. In Mara's hand are 300 credits that Brek rifled from the Chivan.

His amusement fades as he hears the chatter over the comlink. "Vresh'kor!," he curses. "We may have an issue. Imperial garrison has reinforced Blue Deck. Couldn't hear why. However... we had no problems after seeing Switch, so we might still be fine."

Sicarius
2008-04-15, 12:38 PM
Mara

"Then we'd better get moving, now." Mara flexes her fingers and starts moving as fast as her expensive shoes can carry her. She stops at a terminal, and very quickly starts inputting a query listing any ships that may be docked at Blue Deck. They might need to do some fast-talking and fast moving.

Jensik
2008-04-15, 01:15 PM
Palini

Palini groans, "Why can't anything be easy? Is it too much to ask to have something go our way? Interesting or no, one of yall's bad luck. So what's the plan? Need me to sneaky sneak up there to see what all the hub-bub's about?"

Attilargh
2008-04-15, 01:52 PM
Arel

"Very yes. Come on, already!" Arel snatches his kit and heads towards Blue Deck with a brisk pace.

Kaymeera
2008-04-15, 01:59 PM
Mara

Using the computer, you infer that the docking bays on Blue Deck are reserved exclusively for Imperial airships and high-profile landings. Regardless, you can't seem to get the computer to give you a manifest of currently docked ships.

I'm moving the scene forwards to Blue Deck tomorrow. If anyone has any standing business, now's the time.

Also, I won't be pulling over at any stops. So you be sure to use the toilet before you leave the house.

Rafe
2008-04-15, 03:10 PM
Brek


Palini

Palini groans, "Why can't anything be easy? Is it too much to ask to have something go our way? Interesting or no, one of yall's bad luck. So what's the plan? Need me to sneaky sneak up there to see what all the hub-bub's about?"
Brek looks down at Palini, grimly amused. "My people have... had... a saying: 'Blood earns appreciation', roughly translated.

"And best we stick together for now."

Kaymeera
2008-04-17, 03:09 AM
As the turbolift doors slide open and you step out onto Blue Deck, it is like entering a wholly different space station. The floors are polished and posses a metallic sheen, and the massive windows along one wall grant the most magnificent view of Brentaal available on the station. Maintenance and service droids flit about from one place to the next, keeping everything clean and ordered.
Moving about the halls of Blue Deck are large numbers of Humans, most of them wealthy by all appearances. They pay little attention to the few aliens found in the area, except, perhaps, to sneer as they pass.

Nearby, you overhead a pair of nobles talking.

"I hear the Empire sent an entire squad of Imperial Stormtroopers to the main docking bay. An acquaintance pointed out that they found some suspicious cargo."
"You don't say."

Attilargh
2008-04-17, 07:23 AM
Arel

Now that doesn't sound too g-

Well hello there, the Zabrak thinks as he spots the ratty guy across the plaza. "Hey, Mara?, see that guy who looks like a greasy womp rat across the plaza? Think you could make him spill all the beans he has on the situation?"

Rafe
2008-04-17, 07:24 AM
Brek

As they exit the turbolift, Brek raises a hand into a fist, instinctively using military signals.

Realizing his habit: "Hold it," he grumbles quietly. "That man there..." The hulking brute indicates the sagging-featured man across the bay. "He's from the Promenade. One of the informants outside the cantina. I saw him run off when the fire-fight began. It won't take much for him to see us."

Brek glances at Mara and seems to be mulling something over. Clearly unhappy about what he is thinking, he says, "You may need to go on ahead without us. You fit in here. We don't. If you need us, use comlink transceiver code 68-zeta."

Sicarius
2008-04-17, 07:57 AM
Mara

"Hmm, what?" Mara appears confused. "Who are you talking about?"

Jensik
2008-04-17, 09:56 AM
Palini

"Yup, saw him too. Which is odd since it's hard for me to see past crowds..."

Palini enters his 'thinking stance', which is one hand slowly stroking the fur in his neck while the other is crossed and holds the opposing elbow.

"Best way to distract a rat is with bait. But then again most rats can't call in an Imperial death squad to go fetch his cheese. What I wouldn't give for a few dozen Gizka right about now."

Kaymeera
2008-04-20, 05:53 AM
And here's the penalty for not taking action.

The agent's head turns to survey the plaza, and the turbolifts opposite. He takes a single look at the familiar assortment of Zabrak and Dashade (he couldn't spot the Squib), and his eyes widen.

In an instant, he's dashing along one of the passageways off the plaza, away from the group.

Attilargh
2008-04-20, 11:29 AM
Arel

Arel looks a tad shocked at Palini. "You're not seriously thinking of inflicting a bunch of Gizka on the station just to distract someone who's not even... His voice trails off as he turns his attention back to where the Imperial was standing just a moment ago.

"Aware of us?"