PDA

View Full Version : Ocean & Flame I (mods could you move this to structured games plz?)



XxAmplisaxX
2008-01-04, 09:39 PM
The two companions Ocean and Flame sat at their newest campsite just outside the small town of Harbor, next to the sea. Ocean looked into the fire fiddling with a small piece of grass. Flame lay comfortably at his side, her black pelt stirred in the wind and her big fire colored eyes were wide staring deep into the dephs of the campfire's embers. They were of course alone, with absolutely nothing to do. They had been camping in different campsites for awhile all around the outskirts of Harbor. There was simply nothing to do in these parts, no quests to be done, no interesting people to meet.

Flame looked up at Ocean even though he had no idea what she was saying she meowed, "What are we going to do with ourselves?"

Ocean decided to acknowledge the meow even attempting to understand what she was trying to tell him "Don't worry cat..." he said stroking her silky black fur.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-05, 04:06 PM
Bored of waiting for the first person to post, al'Tayara Hastana will enter the town of Harbour, thinly disguising a bump.

Baeleck
2008-01-05, 04:15 PM
((Ah. I believe I was the first person. Apologies.))

Shaimric is, in that case, almost at the campsite. He canters along the shoreline on his steed, a majestic white creature, when he spots the light of the campfire.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-05, 04:25 PM
Reconstructing the fourth wall, the venerable Warblade will leave the inn, heading down to the beach near the sea, lying down on the cool, damp sand.

Ahh, this is the life. 'Tis a shame the other races lack both the culture and the life to enjoy such moments.

al'Tayara puts up his/her spear, taking off his/her armour to greater enjoy the tranquility of the moment. S/he does not see O&F's campsite yet.

Baeleck
2008-01-05, 04:38 PM
Shaimric trots up towards the campfire, calming his horse as it gives a little whinny. As Ocean and Flame come into view, the Aasimar gives a smile.
Hail there, good traveler, he calls out, addressing Ocean, You couldn't tell me which town I've just come to pass?

Sneak
2008-01-05, 07:50 PM
Dirk staggers out of the nearby inn with his lute in hand. He pushes his hair out of his face and walks over to the ocean, propping his instrument against a rock. He dips his hands in the water and presses them to his face. "Oh, man..."

He doesn't seem to see the camp site or any of the others near the beach.

Szilard
2008-01-05, 08:34 PM
Jack Swallows walks down a path and drinks some rum. Yo ho, yo ho a pirates life for me!

XxAmplisaxX
2008-01-05, 08:41 PM
Ocean looks up at the new arrival standing abruptly,

You have come to pass the small town of Harbor sir. May I inquire as to your name? he addresses Shaimric

Flame still lay comfortably in her nest of sand, but at the arrival of the Aasimar she looks up uncomfortably at the horse.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-05, 09:25 PM
al'Tayara looks over at Dirk, who seems drunk for some reason. S/he spits in disgust.

Why must the younger races choose to squander their lives on such things as this so called "booze"? If one is to consume alcohol, at least have the decency to not get inebriated with it. :smallannoyed:

Sneak
2008-01-05, 09:44 PM
Dirk picks up his lute and looks over at al'Tayara. "Hey! I dunno what you're on about. I am quite ebriated, thank you very much. I just happen to have a headache and wanted to get some fresh air." He strums a chord and grins. "And who are you, good sir...er...or madam...to berate strangers about their drinking habits?" He raises his eyebrows.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-01-05, 09:50 PM
From seemingly nowhere, a rather stone-faced, crimson-skinned man steps towards the fire.
"Apparently, someone who cares about health. Do you have any idea what that stuff will do to you in the desert? Kill you faster, thats what."
Jette Steele firmly address the drunk, and starts off towards the beach.
"I've always wanted to test an ocean's sands - see what they felt like..."

@V: What are you talking about? EastAisa has ALWAYS been the enemy!

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-05, 10:02 PM
al'Tayara was out of earshot, but oh well. :smalltongue: And Thanatos, we're not at the camp yet.

Well, to you I guess I'm just another elf in a thousand. However, if you were an elf yourserlf, or per chance a disciple of the Nine, I would be important, but as it stands. . . just another elf.

Sneak
2008-01-05, 10:09 PM
Dirk begins to tune his instrument and nods absentmindedly. "I see. Well, I'm glad I'm not a disciple of these Nine fellows, then. Then I might actually have to kneel before you to pay my respects or something like that. I'm not too good at that kind of stuff." He laughs. "I am half-elf, though. Maybe that counts for something?" He looks over towards the newcomer. "Maybe that's so, but it doesn't like we're in the desert. Besides, from my personal experience, staying in a town like this for too long without drinking is like to kill you out of boredom."

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-05, 10:54 PM
You're a . . . half elf?

One can see the look of disgust in al'Tayara's eyes.

'Tis a shame that you are half of that human race, or we could have been good friends. And I would not by any means demand one to kneel before. Your respect, however, I do require.

al'Tayara looks around, spotting a fire in the distance.

I doth wonder what that flame is. . . ?

Thanatos 51-50
2008-01-06, 02:19 AM
"Most people are inclined to call fire 'warm' and I'm inclined to say its 'cold' here." Jette flips off-handidly and sarcastically. "Fires towards the beach anyway." he resigns himself as he makes for the fire at a brisk pace.

Baeleck
2008-01-06, 06:53 AM
Ocean looks up at the new arrival standing abruptly,

You have come to pass the small town of Harbor sir. May I inquire as to your name? he addresses Shaimric

Flame still lay comfortably in her nest of sand, but at the arrival of the Aasimar she looks up uncomfortably at the horse.

I am known as Shaimric Icemeil, the Aasimar replies, proudly, as he steps up closer to the fire.

Now he's illuminated by the flames, things about his appearance should be noted. For starters, his long silvery-white hair seems to reflect much of the light. Also, thanks to his celestial bloodline, he has a handsome face, with bright eyes, strong cheekbones and a pleasant smile. As for his clothing, he's wearing a sturdy-looking metal breastplate under a flowing blue cloak, as well as matching boots with blue trim. At his side, he holds a fine shield, and in his other hand a shortsword, lowered in a manner so as not to offend.

As for his mount, it's a fine beast. Strong, white, with a deep black mane and a harsh glare.

It's currently staring down Flame. Apparently, it's not a fan of cats.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-06, 08:36 AM
al'Tayara notices that Dirk fell asleep half way through his/her speech, and sighs.

Is it really so hard to listen for a few minutes? :smallsigh:

al'Tayara, curious, heads in the direction of the fire.

Sneak
2008-01-06, 12:21 PM
Dirk looks up. "Well, I kinda lost interest at the 'respect' part. Good speech, though." He grins. "Aww, don't look at me like that. I was just joking. Besides, you kinda did insult my race. Just a bit. Y'know. Not that I take it personally, though. Purebreeds are always treated better than mutts." He sighs. "Anyway, this conversation doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon. I might as well check out that fire as well. I'd hate to think that I might be missing some sort of party." He laughs, hefts his lute over his shoulder, and ambles off towards the campsite, whistling.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-06, 03:07 PM
I apologize to you, my friend, but it doth anger me so when I see one who could have been pure, tainted with the blood of those. . . those. . . humans.

You do, however, hold my pity for being one amongst these "mutts", although I wouldn't hesitate to call most species that.

al'Tayara continues heading to the fire. Yes, s/he is a bit of an elitist snob.

Baeleck
2008-01-06, 03:17 PM
Hearing al'Tayara approaching, Shaimric turns to see who else has stumbled across the campsite other than himself.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-01-06, 04:41 PM
"In my society, sir or madam, Hlaf-bloods such as myself and our drunken friend here are said to be "twice-blessed" Everyone has faults. Everyone has advantages." the Commander offers off-handidly without breaking stride or even looking at the Warblade in question.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-06, 07:08 PM
The aged elf looks apalled.

Twice-Blessed? Cursed is the word I would use. Why would one ruin perfectly good elf blood with the blood of those mongrel humans?

They reach the campsite, and al'Tayara looks sheepishly around.

I apologize greatly if we are disturbing anything. Do you require us to leave?

Sneak
2008-01-06, 07:39 PM
"Why ruin perfectly good humans with pointy ears, I say?" He rubs one of his own ears. "They look ridiculous. No offense intended, of course." He flashes a grin and flicks his hair out of his face again. "But really, why do you hate the round eared folk so? I understand most elves are aloof and cold and all that, but you seem particularly bigoted. No offense intended, once again." He smiles and stops as they reach the camp. "Well...hello everyone."

Szilard
2008-01-06, 07:46 PM
Who are you guys?says Jack Swallows to the group bickering about half-blooded elfs and humans. Oh, and have you seen my ship? I seem to have misplaced it.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-06, 07:57 PM
Aloof and cold you say? Bigoted you say? Disgraceful. You have shamed yourself in front of all present. It is clear that these humans have corrupted you with their ideas.
If I only a were a priest, I could offer you some atonement for you sins.
'Tis truely a shame when one would choose human blood over the noble elves. :smallsigh: :smallfrown:

al'Tayara, hoping nobody minds, will sit down, propping up his/her spear to support his/her head.

XxAmplisaxX
2008-01-06, 09:20 PM
Flame looks up at all of the new arrivals. After the long silence it was surprising to see so many new arrivals. She stood and shrunk back hissing fiercely. Her back was arched and her back hairs were bristling, in attempts to make herself look bigger. The biggest threat to her was the horse.

Ocean looked amused at the feline, I am Ocean Asche and my companion here is Flame. he gestured over at the frightened cat.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-06, 09:24 PM
Greetings to you, Ms. Asche. I trust we're not interupting anything here?

Sneak
2008-01-06, 09:36 PM
Dirk bows deeply. "Good evening, my lady. I am the mildly famous, or at least I like to think I am, bard known as Dirk, though some prefer to call me Smiley. I trust our presence is not a burden to you and your feline companion? It is a cold night, and we would only like to share your fire." He smiles and reaches down to pet the cat while glancing back at the elf. "Corrupted? If by 'corrupted' you mean 'brought up ,' then yes. 'Tis a shame I never had an elven parental figure in my life then, I suppose. Too bad my elven father skipped out on town before I was even born. Mayhap then I wouldn't have been 'corrupted.'"

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-06, 09:39 PM
The elf takes this comment as if it was Internet level serious business.

Perhaps. . . 'Tis truly a shame. However, we seem to have gotten off to a fairly bad start, and when that happens, it is best to start over.

The war spear blade smiles politely and says.

Greetings. My name is al'Tayara Hastana. How do you do?

Thanatos 51-50
2008-01-06, 10:35 PM
Jette calmly ignores the exchange between Dirk and Hastana, instead approaching Asche.
"My name Is Jette of the Steele clan, Hasin-Gorix-Steele Tribe. I've been wandering for a long time, I was wondering if you would be kind enough to share the warmth of your fire."

Diva De
2008-01-07, 10:20 AM
If anyone is looking at the sky, they will notice a small, dark, winged shape fly overhead, rather quickly. It is accompanied by a small puff of wind that gently caresses the group and stirs the embers in the fire a bit. It also rustles the leaves of a nearby tree, and a beautiful elven girl steps out from the shadows. She approaches the group, running forward a few steps, then seeming to gather her wits, steps lightly and walks at a more relaxed pace. She moves like a cat, lithe and graceful, and her feet make no sound as they touch the ground. Her eyes, a strange brassy color, catch the light of the fire and glint, seemingly full of mischief, mystery, and excitement.

"Mirage, Mirage Sungazer. May I join you, please?"

Baeleck
2008-01-07, 10:41 AM
Wow. So many people. Shaimric looks around at the various new arrivals, taking an immediate liking to the warblade.
My... where is everybody coming from? It's rather strange, having such a variety of individuals turn up all at once...
The paladin suspects divine intervention is to blame.

Moving up to his mount, he leads the horse away from Flame to prevent a scene, before removing some of his luggage from the horse and pulls out some dried meat from the main pack. Moving over to the fire and politely taking a seat, he begins to eat, offering his rations around to anyone who might want it.

Szilard
2008-01-07, 08:52 PM
Huh, no ones listening to me. Hey look! a pillow! Jack Swallows points at a rock and goes to sleep.

Sneak
2008-01-07, 10:27 PM
Dirk smiles and nods at the warblade. "Too true. Well met, al'Tayara, and may our conversations in the future be more light and fluffy as opposed to their current nature. Perhaps you would wish to discuss bunnies with me sometime?" He grins and turns at the arrival of the newcomer. "Greetings, my fair elven lady. I am known as Dirk. And I don't see why you can't join us. Unless you've got the pox, that is." He grins again. "I jest, I jest. Anyway, welcome. It seems that we've got ourselves a lovely little gathering going. All we need now is some booze and some music. At least we've got one of the two. Can't always have everything in life." He sighs dramatically, sits down on the ground and begins tuning his lute. He seems to be concentrating mainly on his instrument, but he does look up when Jack speaks and smiles. "I see our seafaring friend here appears to like alcohol even more than I do. I hope his pillow is comfortable, at the least." He then turns back to his work.

Diva De
2008-01-08, 11:09 AM
Mirage eyes the slumbering form of Jack with a mixture of curiousity and disgust. "How can he just lie there when there are obviously interesting people right in front of him? Drunken sot." She gently nudges him with her foot, then shrugs and curtsies in front of Dirk. "Charmed." Mirage makes her way around the fire, peering at everyone, seeming to study their faces. She strokes Shaimric's horse on the nose as she passes ((hopefully he's friendly)), and stops in front of Ocean. "What brings you here? Adventure? Fame? Fortune? Or nowhere else to go? I hear it's generally one of those."

((I'm gonna use a different color for text from now on - mine's a little hard to read.))

Baeleck
2008-01-08, 11:24 AM
In all honesty, the horse is rather a moody beast, and so pulls his head away, giving a whinny and a stamping of his front hooves, conveying his annoyance. Shaimric hushes him from by the fire, where he's currently boiling up a pot of thick, smooth, creamy stew.

You'll have to excuse him, he's not the most friendly of beasts... the Aasimar says, as an apology.

Diva De
2008-01-08, 11:30 AM
"Not a problem at all. I get that reaction sometimes." ((Could it have something to do with the fact that she's a dragon?))

Baeleck
2008-01-08, 11:36 AM
Shaimric gives a bit of a nod in reply, looking back to the stew, before bringing it off the heat and setting it down just at his feet.

It must be said that he's a decent cook. And the aroma of the food is already wafting around in the air - a delicious smell.

Would you care for some? he asks, ladling some out into a bowl.

Diva De
2008-01-08, 11:43 AM
The aroma from the stew makes Mirage's mouth water. She leans over the pot to inhale deeply. "I would love some, thank you. What is in this?"

Baeleck
2008-01-08, 11:53 AM
Potato, onion, cauliflower, wild mushrooms, and a little bit of cheese to give it that thickness.
He gestures to the space beside him as he begins to spoon out a second portion for himself.
Come, sit. I would much like to hear of who you are and how you came to be here.

Diva De
2008-01-08, 12:02 PM
Mirage sits and sips carefully at the hot stew. "Me? Um, I come from a desert land, so there have never been many people around for me to meet. It gave me plenty of time to study languages, which I hope will help me now. I can speak 21! Do you speak any other languages?"

((I can provide a list if needed. I don't want to be accused of "happening" to know every language we come across.))

Baeleck
2008-01-08, 12:08 PM
Shaimric lifts his bowl up to his lips and takes a tentative sip, careful not to burn himself.
Aside fro common? Celestial... though that's more a by-product of my heritage, Elven and some Sylvan. I'm not sure whether I'd actually be able to memorise any more... let along nineteen more!
He seems genuinely astounded at how she can cope with such an array of different tongues.

Diva De
2008-01-08, 12:45 PM
"Let's see, there's Common, of course. And I speak Elven, Celestial, and Sylvan too! Then there are Gnomish, Dwarven, and Halfling. Oh, and Ssamath - that's what the Drow speak. Then Minotaur, Goblin, Giant, Orcish, Ogre, and Kobold. And Undercommon, Infernal, Abyssal, Ignan, and Auran. I also speak Draconic and Aragrakh, even though it's a dead language. You can find some interesting reads in it!" Mirage counts on her fingers as she speaks, much like a child would. "Languages are what brings the world together. I think they are great. One day, I want to speak and read every language, and help others to communicate. That's the first step to peace, I think." Here she sighs, then continues sipping on her stew.

Sneak
2008-01-08, 07:25 PM
Dirk whistles as he eavesdrops on their conversation. "Quite a lot of tongues, indeed. You've got a lot of talking to do, then!" He laughs, finishes tuning the lute, and starts to play some quiet music.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-01-08, 08:34 PM
Jette calmly sits with his back to the fire, running his fingers through the sand, making mental notes on the differeance between beach-sand and desert-sand.
the beach stuff was - softer, wetter, and slightly more pleasent, though, it, too would probably be an irratnat if it got into one;s boots, not to mention it wasprobably an expert at gumming up armor.

Jette's armor looks exxtraodrinarly in-place around the fire, the softer, red light illuminating previously unseen tribal designs adorning it, the most prominant of which is an eye set in a sun, under tent of two scimitars which meet at the tip.
This same symbol is present on the small buckler he has attached to his left arm.

Upon Sungazer's claim to come from the desert, Jette's ears perk up and he leans foward.
"Would you happen toknow the fate of the Hashin-Gorix-Steele Tribe?"

XxAmplisaxX
2008-01-08, 08:38 PM
Ocean obviously quiet and reserved zoning out into space from time to time just sat there barely talking. As for flame she would talk if she could but she really couldn't so there was really no point when no one could tell what she said even the various tonged elf. I find it interesting that we all meet here today with nothing to do Flame just purred. She was quite comfortable in her nest of sand now that the horse was quiet. But she had to stand and stretch her aching limbs so she moved to Mirage and curled up next to her.

Diva De
2008-01-09, 09:18 AM
Mirage stroked Flame almost absentmindedly. She perked up a bit at Jette's inquiry, though the name did not immediately ring a bell.

"Do they serve a dragon? I know something of the wyrms of the desert, but aside from that, I hear only faint tellings."

Listening to Dirk's music, Mirage pets Flame in time to the music. After a few moments, she looks towards him.

"Are there words to this? If not, may I?"

((Sneak, what's the music like? Upbeat, gentle, slow?))

Thanatos 51-50
2008-01-09, 10:10 AM
"I'm afraid not. We were a nomad tribe, our only needs were ours. There was no need for us to serve a dragon, in fact, there was many a time we tested our blades against one."
Jet responds simply, feeling dejected.

"Mr. Asche, correct?" he asks of their host. "May I ask what brings you to this part of the world?"

Diva De
2008-01-09, 10:21 AM
"I hope only beasts of deserving nature! Not all dragons are to be slain merely because of the fact of their being!" Mirage blurts this out suddenly, then visibly calms herself. "I apologize. I...lost someone dear to me in a raid by nomads. They were not of your tribe, however. I heard of a band of nomads attacked by a blue dragon a short time ago. Many were slain, but a few survived, including a woman named Marnel. Do you know of her?"

Baeleck
2008-01-09, 10:30 AM
Ocean obviously quiet and reserved zoning out into space from time to time just sat there barely talking. As for flame she would talk if she could but she really couldn't so there was really no point when no one could tell what she said even the various tonged elf. I find it interesting that we all meet here today with nothing to do Flame just purred. She was quite comfortable in her nest of sand now that the horse was quiet. But she had to stand and stretch her aching limbs so she moved to Mirage and curled up next to her.

Ah, now I wouldn't say 'nothing to do', good sir. I am headed southwards myself, to the Outlands.
Shaimric sips up the last of his stew, now feeling much better after his already arduous trip so far.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-01-09, 11:49 PM
"As I'm sure you know, in such dire survival straits as the desert, "deserving" could simply be denying a tribe access to water or food. We fought only for the good of the tribe, only when we could win, and only as a last resort. Well - obviously, we resorted to violence before subjecting ourselves to Draconic Servitude. But, as alwyas, there are times when Diplomacy fails." Jette explains - somewhat reluctantly - to the linguist
"on to further sad news, I know not of this Marnel you speak. My tribe was sacked by human adveturers holding onto a secret of some sort that one of our Apprentice-Level Sword-dancers was unfortunate enough to gaze upon."

Diva De
2008-01-10, 09:13 AM
"Ah, these were not your people then. The attack of which I speak was on a group of humans and elves who had formed a clan. Kindly folk, the turned away none who had need. I am sorry to hear of another attack against your people."

Turning to Shaimric, Mirage bowed her head to him. "My thanks for the delicious fare." Taking the bowl, she muttered a word of magic and circled her hand above the rim. Using the firelight to look inside, she nodded, satisfied with her results, and handed the now-clean bowl back to him.

Alarra
2008-01-10, 09:58 AM
(This doesn't feel like a silly game, or a structured game, or really even part of town, but more like a play by post. Is that what this is? Or what is the premise here so that I know where this ought be placed.)

Sneak
2008-01-10, 04:25 PM
(This doesn't feel like a silly game, or a structured game, or really even part of town, but more like a play by post. Is that what this is? Or what is the premise here so that I know where this ought be placed.)

(( Yeah, I think it's pretty much a PbP game. Amplisa just didn't know where to put it, I guess, so she put it in SMBG. It should probably be moved to one of the Ongoing Games sections. ))


((Sneak, what's the music like? Upbeat, gentle, slow?))

(( Soft, gentle, and fairly quiet. ))

Dirk looks up at Mirage. "No. Feel free." He smiles slightly and glances at Ocean.


I find it interesting that we all meet here today with nothing to do

"It surely must be fate. Now our only course of action is to travel together, go slay a dragon, and loot its hoard of amassed treasure. Trust me. I'm a bard, I know these things." He laughs and keeps playing.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-10, 05:27 PM
((Yep, agreeing with Sneak here. Probably should be in whatever section he said. :smalltongue: ))

al'Tayara laughs at Dirk's comments, coming out as a tad snide, though it is genuine.

Yes, and while we're at it, we should obtain a rather cheesy name for the group. Mayhaps the "Handsome Elf and Co.?" The Cloudy Night guild? The 7-in-1 guild? The Order of the Branch?

al'Tayara clearly thinks this is funny, but is, as the rules of plot demand, taking this suggest earnestly. After all, s/he is out on a journey, why not go with others? (even if they are simpering non-elven baboons. :smallbiggrin: )

XxAmplisaxX
2008-01-10, 06:38 PM
Ocean laughs at all of the things being mentioned to him...


Yes, and while we're at it, we should obtain a rather cheesy name for the group. Mayhaps the "Handsome Elf and Co.?" The Cloudy Night guild? The 7-in-1 guild? The Order of the Branch?

Handsome Elf and Co.? what kind of species of elf are you? Ive heard elves to be intellegent but not haughty


"It surely must be fate. Now our only course of action is to travel together, go slay a dragon, and loot its hoard of amassed treasure. Trust me. I'm a bard, I know these things."

I suppose so... But since I came across Flame nothing prophetic had ever happened



Ah, now I wouldn't say 'nothing to do', good sir. I am headed southwards myself, to the Outlands.


That sounds interesting what in the world would bring you south to the Outlands?

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-10, 07:06 PM
((Oh, that was actually a reference to "On the Origin of PCs"))

al'Tayara leans against his/her spear, enjoying the odd half-human's music, even if it wasn't elven, it was still. . .mediocre.

Szilard
2008-01-10, 08:29 PM
The music slowly wakes Jack Swallows up, who seems invunrlerble to hangovers.

XxAmplisaxX
2008-01-10, 09:20 PM
Flame now seemed in a daze. Not from Mirage's petting, but from the music that seemed to echo around them. Which was strange on the account of the fact they were in a totally open area near a seashore.

Thats beautiful! she purred. Standing on all fours her whiskers twitching.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-01-10, 09:38 PM
[QUOTE=Shas'aia Toriia;3772731]
Yes, and while we're at it, we should obtain a rather cheesy name for the group. Mayhaps the "Handsome Elf and Co.?" The Cloudy Night guild? The 7-in-1 guild? The Order of the Branch?
[\QUOTE]

"Wouldn't we need a handsome elf?"

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-10, 09:48 PM
al'Tayara looks daggers at . . . Jette, was it? . . . making a comment that is barely polite.

Yes, we would. Good thing we have one.

Sneak
2008-01-10, 09:50 PM
Dirk speaks without looking up. "Well, we already have a handsome half-elf at least, anyway. Does that count?" He laughs and then glances up towards Ocean. He stops playing for a moment.


I suppose so... But since I came across Flame nothing prophetic had ever happened

"You mean nothing prophetic has ever happened...yet!" He grins and plucks out a loud 'dun dun DUNNNN!'

Szilard
2008-01-10, 09:52 PM
Did the cat just talk? Asked Jack Swallows. Or am I dreaming? Well if this were a dream there'd be more rum.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-01-10, 09:52 PM
"You're too kind, Hastana," Jette responds off-handidly, "But, like our Bardic friend, I, too am half-elf. I do, however, think Cloudy Night sounds nice."

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-10, 09:56 PM
Hastana glowers at Jette.

Truely, your wit is astounding.

al'Tayara has, however, taken a liking to Dirk and his happy-go-lucky attitude.

My suggestions were merely a reference to a comic that I read, called the Order of the Branch, in the prequel book, "On the Origin of NPCs".

Diva De
2008-01-11, 01:12 PM
"It surely must be fate. Now our only course of action is to travel together, go slay a dragon, and loot its hoard of amassed treasure. Trust me. I'm a bard, I know these things." He laughs and keeps playing.

Mirage is smiling and humming along to the music, thinking of the language and words she wants to use until she hears Dirk's comment. At the mention of slaying a dragon, her smile disappears and she glowers at him menacingly. The look lasts but a few moments, then vanishes as if it had never been there.

"Cloudy Night, huh? Not bad."


"Wouldn't we need a handsome elf?"

Mirage hides her smile behind her hand, not wanting to offend the elf. "I think we have a whole group of handsome fellows, half-elven or otherwise."

XxAmplisaxX
2008-01-11, 05:31 PM
Flame looked up at Jack Swallows amazed at his capability to understand her words. Even so everyone would think he was drunk and hearing things, so she padded over and sat next to Jack wrapping her tail neatly around her paws she hissed(another way to say whispered or in an angry tone but in this case whispered), Can you understand me?

Meanwhile Ocean thought about the name Cloudy Night. Thats an interesting name...considering the fact gestures with his eyes to the sky It is a cloudy night.

Sneak
2008-01-11, 10:06 PM
Dirk finishes the first song and stops, looking up at the dragon-woman's comment. He doesn't seem to have noticed Mirage's look. "Especially the half-elven ones, though." He smiles. "As for our hypothetical name...Cloudy Night, huh? Too grim. I'd like something with a little more flair. How about, say...The Smiley Dirk Party? Perhaps Dirk and Companions? Or maybe we could go with a more simplistic yet elegant name, like, say...Dirk the Bard! I like the sound of that." He grins and plucks out a chord. "Of course, if the rest of you prefer that Overcast Evening one, I'm fine with that." He sighs dramatically and taps his fingers against his instrument.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-01-11, 10:12 PM
"The Organization for the Self-Promotion of Egotistical Demi-humans?" Jette volunteers sarcastically. Its not HIS fault that it sounds pretty in Draconic.

Szilard
2008-01-11, 11:11 PM
Of course I could understand you! I mean, you're talking to me, right?

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-12, 07:50 AM
"The Organization for the Self-Promotion of Egotistical Demi-humans?" Jette volunteers sarcastically. Its not HIS fault that it sounds pretty in Draconic.

((Oh, why'd you have to say that in Draconic? That's actually the best idea we've had yet.))

al'Tayara is glad that Mirage seems to have avoided insulting him/her, and thanks her for that. S/he looks at Ocean.

Say, I never caught how you managed to get out here all by yourself?

XxAmplisaxX
2008-01-12, 10:19 AM
Dirk finishes the first song and stops, looking up at the dragon-woman's comment. He doesn't seem to have noticed Mirage's look. "Especially the half-elven ones, though." He smiles. "As for our hypothetical name...Cloudy Night, huh? Too grim. I'd like something with a little more flair. How about, say...The Smiley Dirk Party? Perhaps Dirk and Companions? Or maybe we could go with a more simplistic yet elegant name, like, say...Dirk the Bard! I like the sound of that." He grins and plucks out a chord. "Of course, if the rest of you prefer that Overcast Evening one, I'm fine with that." He sighs dramatically and taps his fingers against his instrument.

Ocean stifled a chuckle Someone is giving himself airs!


Of course I could understand you! I mean, you're talking to me, right?

Flame glared at Jack, was it really that complicated to him? Who heard of a talking cat!No one can understand me im a cat.

XxAmplisaxX
2008-01-12, 10:26 AM
Say, I never caught how you managed to get out here all by yourself?

Oh just wandering I guess...In all truth I suspect I was born in Harbor. People keep saying they recognize me calling me by my father's name, Mitchell. But I grew up in an orphanage in Uhanded (some town close to Harbor)After some folks adopted me I lived with them until I was seventeen, and then I moved out... I found my way to Harbor. I came across Flame when she was just a kitten and that was just that.

Szilard
2008-01-12, 01:48 PM
Huh...Said SwallowsSo I understand Cat?

XxAmplisaxX
2008-01-13, 09:43 AM
Huh...Said SwallowsSo I understand Cat?

Flame nodded apparently

Baeleck
2008-01-13, 11:20 AM
Shaimric, who had fallen asleep due to his now full stomach and the warmth of the fire, blinks slowly awake again at the return of his player. Rubbing his bleary eyes, he sits up, leaning to one side and watching everyone talk a bit more. He is, admittedly, a rather quiet person, and so is happy just to sit and listen for the time being.

Szilard
2008-01-13, 01:10 PM
I hope that talking to felines will come in handy someday...

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-13, 02:50 PM
al'Tayara, bored, snaps the fourth wall with a cracking noise.

So, are we starting an epic quest or what? Come on, let's go! Unless we're revealing backgrounds, let's get a move on.

XxAmplisaxX
2008-01-13, 08:11 PM
It probably will Flame meowed with a small nod.

Ocean on the other hand ignored al'Tayara's remark and looked at Flame who was meowing at Jack and Jack responding. Could it be that Jack understood Flame or was it that he was drunk and hearing things? Either way it was strange. He turned to al'Tayara, It would seem pointless to leave for an epic quest at midnight wouldnt it? Why not in the morning?

Szilard
2008-01-13, 08:18 PM
Good Idea Mr. Ocean, or was it Miss, I seem to have forgoten. Why don't we just sleep here, and then start Questing in the morning..

Diva De
2008-01-14, 08:27 AM
Mirage stretches and yawns, nodding at her companion's suggestion. "In the morning it is." From a tiny brown pouch at her hip, she pulls forth a bedroll and spreads it out. Crawling inside, she wraps her hair into a tight bun and pins it in place with two long silver pins that appear to be etched with some sort of markings, difficult to make out in the firelight. Lying on her side so she can face the fire, she stares into the flames and dozes off while listening to Dirk's music.

Sneak
2008-01-14, 09:22 AM
"Giving myself airs? Hardly. I just like to give praise where praise is due." He grins. "Anyway, I should probably think of getting some sleep as well. I've got a big day tomorrow, if we really are going on an epic quest. I've gotta take notes during the whole adventure and everything. It's what we Bards do." He shrugs and stands up. "No offense, but I think I might prefer to sleep in an actual bed. Not to say that I haven't had my share of sleeping on the cold hard ground, but I must admit I would personally deign to choose a soft featherbed over the woods any time." He starts to walk away, and then looks back, a conflicted expression on his face. "Well...I don't want to miss anything. Will someone come find me at the inn before we leave, or must I suffer back-aches for the next week after sleeping on a stone?"

Szilard
2008-01-14, 10:39 AM
Why don't I just sleep at the Inn as well. We could go right now if you like.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-01-14, 11:58 AM
"I'll sleep out here on the sand. The smell of ale is far from pleasent, and the very subsatnce itself irritates me."

Baeleck
2008-01-14, 02:03 PM
I believe I will sleep rough myself. The outdoors is far better, even if it is less comfortable.

Shaimric's mount doesn't like the sound of that. She wanted a stable to sleep in, sheltered from the elements and with hay to eat and sleep on. More stomping of hooves ensues.

Hush now, he tells the horse, as he takes his bedroll from amongst the other luggage strapped to her. Laying it out, he settles back to sleep again, close to the fire where it's warmest.

Diva De
2008-01-14, 03:10 PM
Mirage, already dozing, mutters a few things in her sleep. Unfortunately, she is muttering in Undercommon, so no one understands her. She seems to be having a dream that is not altogether pleasant. She shudders inside her bedroll, although she is close to the fire. The shudder doesn't seem to be from being cold.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-14, 09:21 PM
al'Tayara climbs up into a tree, fashioning a simple bed made from leaves and whatnot, before slinging it like a hammock between two trees.

*fast forward 4 1/2 hours*

al'Tayara wakes up, and goes out to hunt some game for breakfast. Hopefully, s/he will cathc something large enough to feed the rest of his/her newfound companions.

XxAmplisaxX
2008-01-14, 10:10 PM
Ocean ((guy)) awoke with Flame resting in the crook of his knee. She awoke as well looking at him with those huge ember colored eyes. She got up and stretched prancing away with hardly a sound. Ocean chuckled and looked at the ashes from the fire that had burned out. He decided against relighting it.

Flame padded into the thicker parts of the forest. She cracked her jaws slightly to drink in the forest scents. She could easily find the distinct scent of a vole scuttling along the roots of a weeping willow. She instinctively dropped into a stealthy hunter's crouch and crept towards the rodent munching on a seed of some sort. She shifted her weight to her haunches and in leaped onto the unsuspecting vole. She killed it in one swift bite and carried her still warm bundle back to the campsite. Look what I caught! she meowed in Mirage's ear. Still understood only by Jack, but she thought it was worth saying to the elf.

Sneak
2008-01-14, 10:59 PM
Dirk sighs, picks up his instrument once more, and makes his way towards the town. "Jack, come along if you will. I'm going."

———

The next morning, Dirk walks back towards the beach, rubbing his eyes groggily and pushing damp hair out of his face, looking for his new companions.

Szilard
2008-01-14, 11:44 PM
Swallow quickly follows Dirk while trying to get his left boot on and finish his breakfast at the same time.

Diva De
2008-01-15, 09:03 AM
Mirage awakens to the sound of Flame meowing in her ear. She smiles, groggy, and wipes the last vestiges of sleep from her eyes. She strokes the cat as she smoothes her hair, though she doesn't really need to. Strangely, she doesn't look like she spent the night sleeping on the ground. She releases her hair from the pins, and it falls in cascading, chocolate waves down her back to her waist. Pulling back the sides so her face can be free, she smiles at her companions as she stretches. "Good morning. Anyone for tea?" Mirage stuffs her bedroll into her pouch, then immediately pulls out a tea kettle, a bag of leaves, sugar, honey, and a lemon. She also pulls out a canteen and pours this into the tea kettle, then sets it by the remains of the previous night's fire. Frowning, she looks at the ashes. She turns her back to the group so they cannot see what she is doing, and suddenly the fire springs back to life. Humming softly, she walks away, hips swaying. She leans against the tree al'Tayara slept in and gazes out at the sea, breathing deeply to take in the fresh sea breeze. She smiles and greets Jack and Dirk with a light kiss on the cheek.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-01-15, 09:23 AM
When Jette awakens, he sits by the fire in solmn meditation. As Mirage rises and offers tea, he nods his assent, and continues such meditations.

Szilard
2008-01-15, 09:56 AM
Tea? I guess I'll have some.

Baeleck
2008-01-15, 10:33 AM
It may be noted that Shaimric isn't around camp at the moment, though his horse is still there, huddled up and sleeping.

In the morning light, they may be able to see the figure of Shaimric along the beach a little way, facing out to sea and knelt on one knee, head down.

Diva De
2008-01-15, 11:52 AM
Mirage studies the kneeling form of Shaimric for a few moments until the tea kettle starts to whistle. Hurrying over to it, she pulls some large mugs from her pouch. She lifts the tea kettle from the fire, seemingly unaffected by the flames and extreme heat and begins pouring cups. She hands one to Jette and one to Jack, then pours one for herself, placing the kettle near the fire should someone else decide they want some. She adds liberal amounts of honey and sugar to hers, and smiles as she deeply inhales the aroma.

((The others might notice she takes delight in simple things, like a small child experiencing them for the first time.))

Sneak
2008-01-15, 12:09 PM
Dirk smiles weakly and greets everyone that's around. He declines the offer of tea, sits down on a smooth looking rock and puts a hand to his forehead with a groan. "That was a bad idea." He shakes his head and raises his eyes, looking out across the horizon.

Baeleck
2008-01-15, 12:24 PM
It doesn't take Shaimric long to notice people are finally up and about, and so he returns from the shore, stepping along gracefully and seeming peaceful.

Good morning, everyone. How did we all sleep? he asks politely as he takes a seat on his bedroll and faces in towards the fire.

Sneak
2008-01-15, 12:36 PM
Dirk turns. "Not well. I guess I'll never learn that staying up for a few more hours to play and drink is a bad idea." He smiles ruefully and rubs his eyes.

Baeleck
2008-01-15, 12:46 PM
Ah, you should have stayed here with the rest of us. You wouldn't have been lured into drinking so much then, would you?
Shaimric gives a small, light-hearted chuckle as he watches the flames of the fire.
Not that I drink very often myself.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-01-15, 02:12 PM
Jette takes the tea and takes a long, slow sip.
"Thank you, Mirage." he says, finally coming out of his meditations.
"I hope you slept well?"

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-15, 04:56 PM
al'Tayara returns with several rabbits and berries, dropping them by the fire while s/he begins to skin them. They should be fully cooked within the hour.

Szilard
2008-01-15, 08:23 PM
You stayed up to drink? I should have done that. Jack looks through his pockets and brings out a rum bottle. Everlasting rum, It refills itself, anyone want some?

Diva De
2008-01-16, 07:39 AM
Mirage shakes her head and declines Jack's offer. "Not at the moment, thank you." She glances towards Jette through dark lashes when he asks how she slept. "My dreams were...not comforting. They rarely are recently. I wonder if it's just bad memories or an omen of things to come." Mirage realizes she is brooding and shakes it off with a smile. She turns to Dirk and says, "I know an old method of relieving headaches through massage...may I?"

Szilard
2008-01-16, 10:39 AM
Swallos looks at his tea and decides to drink it.

Sneak
2008-01-16, 10:40 AM
"Yeah, you're probably right. And Jack, trust me—you're glad you didn't. Thanks for the offer of rum, but I'm afraid I'll have to pass one that. For now. There's always tomorrow, though." Dirk laughs and turns to Mirage. He grins weakly again. "Oh, sure. I'm all for letting pretty girls touch me."

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-16, 04:31 PM
al'Tayara finishes cooking the wild rabbits, stuffs them with the berries, and gives a small portion to everybody, atop a large wet leaf.

Baeleck
2008-01-16, 04:59 PM
Shaimric takes his rabbit with a polite nod of thanks to al'Tayara, and begins to eat.

His mount, now noticing the presence of people awakening, gets up onto her feet shakily, giving a soft yet clearly irritated whinny.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-01-16, 05:14 PM
Jette takes his berry-filled rabbit with a muttered "Thank you" in Elvish before he begins consumption, alternating methodically shewed mouth fulls with long, slow sips of tea.

Szilard
2008-01-16, 07:59 PM
Swallows eats his portion of the rabit and takes some of the berries out for later.

Diva De
2008-01-17, 07:41 AM
Mirage gladly accepts her portion and sets it to the side for a moment. She steps over to Dirk kneels in front of him. "This works just as well from behind, but I prefer to look at you while I'm doing it." Her words are said in total innocence, but still sound suggestive. Mirage reaches up and gently places her fingers on Dirk's temples. Staring into his eyes, she smiles softly and begins rubbing in a circular motion. "Tell me how that feels."

Sneak
2008-01-18, 11:32 AM
"Well, I can understand that." He grins and closes his eyes. "That feels...nice." He pauses for a moment and then speaks again. Well, nicer, anyway. I still do have a pounding headache, although I must admit that there is rather less of a pounding feeling involved now and more of a slightly uncomfortable but undeniably gentler tapping feeling." He chuckles slightly and then falls silent again.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-01-18, 11:57 PM
Jette calmly finished his rabbit and berries, and perhps to the surprise of some of the others, consumed the leaf it was served on as well, before turning to the one who called himself "Dirk".

"So, if you can find the time to talk through your idiocy-induced headache, Mr. Bard, whats the next step in the Grand Adeventure?"

Baeleck
2008-01-19, 10:05 AM
As Shaimric sits and eats, he takes the time to regard his companions. Ocean seemed a very pleasant person, allowing them all to camp out, but in search of something more than just a quiet life near Harbor. Then there is Dirk -Shaimric certainly hasn't taken an immediate liking ho him, not most for his general, less respectful demeanor. Not like al'Tayara. Shaimric has a great deal of respect for the elf already, along with Jette... though the latter seems to have an arrogance about him - a spitefulness. Not that it can't be expected from the highborn. That Swallows fellow... Shaimric hasn't had much to do with him, but has still noticed his happy-go-lucky attitude. And finally, Mirage, a lovely woman - helpful, kind, talkative, and of course, the great linguist.

He relaxes back, ruminating, as he munches on his rabbit.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-19, 08:03 PM
Not like al'Tayara. Shaimric has a great deal of respect for the elf already, along with Jette... though the latter seems to have an arrogance about him - a spitefulness. Not that it can't be expected from the highborn.

((Good to see at least the character concept is coming through. :smallcool: ))

al'Tayara begins taking in the peaceful tranquility of the fire, the multitude of patters it takes, but the simaltaneous destruction it can cause.

((But can we start up a plot now? :smallconfused: It would appear as though we've done a whole lot of nothing so far))

Sneak
2008-01-19, 10:50 PM
Dirk's eyes snap open when he hears Jette speaking to him. "You say 'idiocy' almost like it's a bad thing." He laughs again. "Anyway, as for our grand quest...well, I haven't got much. I must admit, I do not spend the majority of my time looking for adventure, so I'm not exactly up-to-date on this town's current evil creature status. I'm sure something will crop up, though. Maybe an ogre or too." He smiles. "They always do. My Bard's Handbook says that you should always look for work in taverns or inns, and I would suggest that we go back to that tavern in town and ask around a bit to see if we can find anything, but I do believe the bartender has taken an irrational dislike to me. I told him I would pay for my drink with the gift of music, but didn't seem to be very appreciative of the arts." He sighs dramatically. "I guess you can't always please everyone all the time." He pauses for a moment. "Anyone else have any ideas? I'm all ears. Well, actually, very little of me is ears, but the ears I do have work fairly well."

XxAmplisaxX
2008-01-20, 11:48 AM
Flame appears to have taken a liking for all of them. Jette seemed pretty down to earth. A likeable fellow. al'Tayara was interesting, very wise and independant. But Flame was a bit touchy about his prejudices. Shaimric was nice, she enjoyed his company very much. He was a bit strange and she didnt like his horse at all. She liked Jack Swallows very well. Maybe it was the fact that he was the only one in the group that made her like him so much, but everyone seemed to think he was drunk and talking to himself. She had always been very close to Ocean but that was a no-brainer since he had cared for her since she was just a kitten. Flame enjoyed Dirk's music and he was likable but a bit distant from everyone else. Mirage was different from all of them. Flame really cared for Mirage. She was lovely and kind and sweet. But also Flame sensed that she was different in another way that seperated her from the rest of them. Flame just couldnt understand what it was that made her different. Flame padded over to al'Tayara taking a bite out of the rabbit. This rabbit is delicious! she meowed then padding over to Jack and sitting next to him. Good Morning! she cheerfully purred.

Meanwhile Ocean became aware that Flame was growing restless. Meowing and eating other's food instead of the mouse she caught for herself. When shall we set off? he asked watching Flame and she moved to lay in Shaimric's lap but staring at Jack as if she expected him to reply to her meow

Szilard
2008-01-20, 11:56 AM
Oh, hello Flame. How was your night? Do you want any berries? I still have some left over.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-01-20, 11:59 AM
Jette smiles and takes to his feet, checking the scimitars on each hip and jutting over his shoulders before flexing his elbow.
This last act caused a short, curved blade to spring out into a fighting-ready position.
"My gear is good and the sands are lain before my feet. Lets get a move on, break camp, people!"
With this declaration (apparently in response to Ocean), he slides the elbow blade back into its concealed location and makes to clear the area for signs of their prescene, paying special atteention to any discarded food, where he burns to unusable or probably contaminated bits, and stores non-perishables in a bag at his waist which has been designed to blend into his armor.

Baeleck
2008-01-20, 12:03 PM
We're getting on the move, are we? Shaimric queries, standing and beginning to put his luggage up onto his mount, are we headed anywhere specific? Or just setting off in whichever direction and seeing what we come across?

The idea of some sort of adventure holds no particular merit to Shaimric, but he might as well tag along, even if he was intending to head southwards. He thinks he could use a little more experience in fighting before going to the Outlands and helping repel the orcish and goblin invaders.

Szilard
2008-01-20, 12:10 PM
Guess we have to get going. Swallows stands up and puts a couple rocks in his pocket. Anyone have a jar?

XxAmplisaxX
2008-01-20, 02:22 PM
Oh, hello Flame. How was your night? Do you want any berries? I still have some left over.

Flame begins to purr very well thankyou... she grimaces at the berries and looks at the rocks Whats with the rocks?




We're getting on the move, are we? Shaimric queries, standing and beginning to put his luggage up onto his mount, are we headed anywhere specific? Or just setting off in whichever direction and seeing what we come across?
Ocean moves towards Shaimric I think we should get a map from someone in town, of course unless someone already has a map? Mine is quite out of date He looks at Flame worry in his eyes. He looks up at Jack

Baeleck
2008-01-20, 02:41 PM
I don't think I'd have travelled this far without a map, Shaimric replies, patting a pocket on his pack, which is currently sat on his horse.

Szilard
2008-01-20, 07:15 PM
I had an Idea... If I got a jar, filled it with berries, and put some small rocks in there, the rocks would squash the berries while we walk making some jam. I've never actually tried it, but it should work.

XxAmplisaxX
2008-01-20, 09:42 PM
I had an Idea... If I got a jar, filled it with berries, and put some small rocks in there, the rocks would squash the berries while we walk making some jam. I've never actually tried it, but it should work.

Flame even though she didn't like anything with berrys replied I guess if you like rock flavored berries. she padded over to Shaimric and made a figure 8 around his legs several times before settling down between them.

I guess we should get one I will do it. Will someone here watch Flame? She seems to be acting strange he looks at Jack dismissively knowing that Flame will be well occupied "talking" to Flame

Szilard
2008-01-20, 11:46 PM
I'm just joking, I never really liked Berries, I was going to use the jar and berries and rocks to throw at things that get in my way.

Diva De
2008-01-21, 08:06 AM
Mirage smiled and stood from where she had been kneeling in front of Dirk. She stretched and looked around, watching her companions as they discussed what to do next. She wasn't quite sure what to make of her companions yet, though they were a curious bunch. Ocean seemed to exude a gentle kindness. Flame was, well...Flame. Jette seemed like many of the desert people she had met - harsh, as was needed to survive, but with a softer edge that displayed a good heart underneath. al'Tayara was haughty and proud, but that was a trait of his upbringing, and not altogether bad. Jack was...well, she wasn't sure what to make of Jack yet. Shaimric seemed to pour goodness from his very pores, and she liked him immediately. And Dirk was...a bard, through and through. He probably womanizes with the best of them, leaving a trail of broken hearts and weeping ladies everywhere he's been. Mirage was startled at her own bitterness in her thoughts, and was a bit disturbed that she should feel so strongly about it. She also felt a slight tugging sensation, unlike anything she had felt before... Forcing the feeling down, she decided to explore it later, when there was time.

((I'm all for moving forward - just tell me when.))

Sneak
2008-01-21, 10:07 AM
Dirk smirks at Jack's comment to Flame. "No offense, but who are you talking to? Talking to yourself is a time honored tradition of crazy and who am I to mess with it, but it seems like you actually think you're talking to someone else. Just curious, is all. And as for the berries, well...I'm not really sure how effective throwing berries at an orc would be, as I don't know many berry allergic orcs...but then again, I don't know many orcs at all, either. They often tend to be more interested in eating me than conversing." He shrugs with another smile. "Well. Do we have any idea where it is we're actually going, or shall we just wonder around a bit in the vain hope of some deity taking pity on our poor lost souls and giving us a little push in the right direction? Because if it's the latter, I must warn you, I don't think most deities are altogether too fond of me."

Szilard
2008-01-21, 10:34 AM
Oh I'm talking to... Jack stopped, talking to a cat would be more crazy then talking to yourself. I'm practicing my improvison skills for Diplomacy, who knows what the Ork would do for a berry?

Baeleck
2008-01-21, 12:53 PM
If you want your own map, Ocean, then by all means get going - I'll look after Flame here.
Shaimric looks down with a smile at the cat as she weaves between his legs, before attempting to pick her up and move her away from his horse, who is watching Flame with a look of annoyance.

XxAmplisaxX
2008-01-21, 05:56 PM
Flame looked angrily at the horse. She hissed under her breath, you stupid beast she lashed her tail angrily and curled up in Jack's lap for the time being.

((everyone read this part... its significant))

Ocean nodded his thanks to Shaimric and went towards the town. The sun was nearly to the center of the sky and he knew it would be in everyone's best interest if he got back before noon. He went into the square searching for the store. He spotted it quickly, Harbor's square being a small area as well as the entire town. He walked over to the store and quickly moved inside. He went over to the store assistant. She looked up at him Can I help you? she asked in a soft voice. Ocean cleared his throatyeah i uh... need a map the store assistant nodded oh thats easy... She went behind the counter and looked around. She stood back up well thats odd... she said furrowing her brow. what? it seems... that we ran out... I bet we have more in the back come on. she said. Ocean thought this strange because store owners or assistants usually didn't take customers to the back. Ocean shrugged dismissively she was probably just new to the job. She walked over to a stack of crates and blew the dust off of the top of one of them and read on the top of it. It written in scraggly ink read MAPS. She attempted to pry it open without much luck. Ocean stifled a laugh and opened it for her thanks she said in her abnormally soft voice. She looked through the box. There was one map left down at the bottom. aha! she exclaimed excitedly. great Ocean said sharing her enthusiasm so how much do I owe? Its cool Ill cover it. I need to remind my father to order some more maps So... your father is the store owner? Ocean said realizing it was a very stupid thing to say. The assistant giggled yeah my name is Maria Jameston She looked around at the crates to make sure there were not new deliveries or something of that sort. Ocean was preoccupied looking at one specific crate. He looked at Maria to make sure she wasn't watching him and opened the crate. It had a small box in it. Curious he picked out the small silver and gold box with a large diamond in the center and buried it in the inside pocket of his cloak. Ocean wasn't usually one to steal, but it was suspicious seeing as this object was much more valuable than the store itself. Why would Mr. Jameston buy something so valuable when he could've rebuilt the store and made it nicer and bigger. Maria turned back to Ocean who had hurriedly closed the crate door before she could see him. yep that was definitely the last one. here you go! she handed him the map. are you sure you don't want me to pay for this? Maria shook her headits fine sir... we can put up with a few losses now go. Ocean nodded and quickly made his way out of the store. He breathed a sigh of relief when he finally got out of Harbor. He pulled out the box and looked at it curiously. There was an elven inscription on the top but he couldn't read nor understand elven. He was sure Mirage or al'Tayara could tell him. He shouted a greeting as he reached the campsite.

al'Tayara or Mirage
The writing in elven on the box reads: One of seven shall live in the shadow of the rising sun.

Flame looked up and meowed happily, welcome back!
she padded over to her friend and circled his leg looking up at the box curiously. Ocean patted Flame's head fondly and went over to the fire and sat down looking for a place to open it. guys come here and look at this.

Sneak
2008-01-21, 06:05 PM
Dirk glances up. "Well, now." He walks up to Ocean and peers at the ornate box. He whistles. "That looks to be worth a tidy fortune." His eyes gleam. "I wonder what's inside."

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-21, 06:33 PM
((Cause I can, al'Tayara will no longer be andrgoynous. She is now a woman.))

al'Tayara finishes packing up her gear, explaining to whoever had the jam that to make a proper jam, sugar would be needed, and a lot more berries.

al'Tayara sees Ocean enter the camp.

What's that? More importantly, why would you own such a crude box? I don't get it. If you humans are going to make something, make it right.

al'Tayara sees the writing on the [box? map?] and mutters under her breath

One of seven shall live in the shadow of the rising sun.

In elven, then repeats it in Common so everybody else understands.

At least you had good choice in language.

XxAmplisaxX
2008-01-21, 06:51 PM
Ocean looks at al'Tayara bewildered are you sure thats what it says?

Sneak
2008-01-21, 08:23 PM
"No, she somehow must've misread something written in her own native tongue that she has probably spoken for a span of time longer than both of our life spans put together." He rolls his eyes. "This is clearly a prophecy of some sort that'll end up being related to our quest. I'm a bard, we knows these things. Oh, and by the way, I call one of the seven not living in the shadow of the rising sun."

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-21, 08:27 PM
al'Tayara is about to something, but Dirk talks first.

That is precisely my point! Disgraceful, doubting my ability to read my own native tongue. . .

al'Tayara is livid with rage, and she's practically quivering wtih [is impotence the right word?]

Szilard
2008-01-21, 10:35 PM
Maybe there are seven Dwarves?

Thanatos 51-50
2008-01-22, 02:41 AM
"Living in "The shadow of the Sun" can't be all bad, can it?" Jette asks no-one in particular in Elvish as he finishes clearing up the camp and killing the fire.
"Alright, camp is broken! Lazy jerks who didn't help me. Lets head out!"

Diva De
2008-01-22, 08:08 AM
Mirage shudders a little at the ominous-sounding words. "In the shadow of the sun? Perpetual darkness? How awful." She quickly gets over the creepy feeling it gives her and flashes a dazzling smile at her companions. "Let's move!"

Baeleck
2008-01-22, 11:54 AM
Shaimric ponders over the prophecy in the box before he mounts up.
Actually, there's no point in my riding, if none of the rest of you have a steed to travel on. I could take some of your packs to put on Whisper instead, and walk with you.
It seems a good idea that they should utilise his mount, though Whisper is not so keen to be a packhorse. Nonetheless, Shaimric drops back off and offers to put any of the heavier luggage on the horse before they finally go on their way.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-01-22, 12:02 PM
Jette laughs heartily.
"You all carry way too much stuff!" He proclaims aloud as he takes a sip from his (also disguised) waterskin.

Yes, I do have a complete mental inventory of Jette's possesions. They are:

Bag of Holding
Belt Pouch
Ring of Sustinance
Water Skin
Decanter of Endless Water
Elbow Blade
4 x Scimitars
Buckler
2 days trails rations
2 trails bars
Food scraps from around camp
Studded Leather Armor

I haven't, however, decided magic levels on blades and armor, yet.

Baeleck
2008-01-22, 12:09 PM
Well, I was intending for my journey to be something more than a daytrip, hence why I bought such a lot with me... so I have my reasons.
Shaimric replies in a gentle, light-hearted manner, with not even a hint of spite.

Diva De
2008-01-22, 02:06 PM
"Thank you for the offer, Shaimric. But I carry all I need in here." Mirage indicates the pouch she wears at her hip, which looks like a coin pouch. But the group has watched her pull a tea kettle and bedroll out of it, among other things, and then seen them replaced.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-22, 05:33 PM
al'Tayara is thankful for the offer.

Thank you very much, Sir. . . Shaimric, was it?

al'Tarara will put her bags on the packhorse.

XxAmplisaxX
2008-01-22, 09:29 PM
Ocean feeling a bit put down :smalleek: ((sorry i couldn't resist putting that in there lets just say thats his facial expression right at the moment)). He was always one to make sure everything was in correct order. Living in Harbor all those years among people who were used to his, "Are your sure" attitude were all fine with it. So he was confused. Flame looked up at Ocean with her beautiful eyes. Ocean could detect a hint of sympathy in those eyes. He shook it off.

Flame padded over to Jack's side, ((gasp my colors aren't working ill just use quotes sorry for the inconvenience)) "So do you know any of them?" she meowed.

Szilard
2008-01-22, 09:52 PM
Any of who? I think I figured it out, in the shadow of the sun, it means one of the seven are dead. And in that box must be a soul or something from one of the seven?

Diva De
2008-01-23, 07:24 AM
((I forgot I have Communicate with Animals at will as a racial trait - ooops. 'Sok, Jack can have the kitty all to himself. :smallsmile: ))

XxAmplisaxX
2008-01-23, 07:04 PM
((its cool... HEY!!! my colors are working again! im so happY!!!... anyway diva... it could be a language you are working on you just havent practiced much with it yet))

Diva De
2008-01-24, 07:53 AM
((Sounds good to me. Hey, where are my adventuring buddies? No one seems to be posting - did I scare them off? :smalltongue: ))

Thanatos 51-50
2008-01-24, 08:00 AM
OOC> I'm here, just waiting for Amplisa to kick the plot into a "foward" motion.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-24, 10:04 PM
OOC> I'm here, just waiting for Amplisa to kick the plot into a "foward" motion.

Same here.

XxAmplisaxX
2008-01-25, 09:18 PM
((it has been kicked to forward motion...))

They are traveling north through a thick woodland its close to 6pm

XxAmplisaxX
2008-01-25, 09:19 PM
((it has been kicked to forward motion...))

They are traveling north through a thick woodland its close to 6pm

Szilard
2008-01-26, 08:27 PM
Jack Swallows walks along the path.
((Just keeping it on the first page.))

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-26, 10:23 PM
Bored, al'Tayara fast forwards until they reach the first point of interest.

Sneak
2008-01-27, 09:25 AM
(( Sorry for my lapse in posting. ))

Dirk walks along the path and whistles to himself softly.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-01-27, 09:28 AM
Jette encounters a Red Herring, upon whch he promptly burns it, and accelerates the campagin to the first encounter with sheer force of willpower.

XxAmplisaxX
2008-01-27, 10:14 AM
((
Dirk walks along the path and whistles to himself softly. I think that is about the shortest thing youve said in the whole thread :smallwink: ))

While they walk along the path Ocean examines the box carefully looking for a place to open it. Flame playfully jumps into piles of leaves scooping them into the air and attempting to catch them all.

Place of interest.....

They reach a meadow about 50 meters across and 50 meters long. Because of the rain a few days earlier a couple of rain lilies were sprouting amongst the daisies and other wildflowers some of which ocean couldnt name. Cutting through the clearing was a stream that sparkled in the sun. In the center of the clearing was an ancient weeping willow with the stream slithering around its gnarled roots.

((hows that for place of intrest?))

Szilard
2008-01-27, 11:50 AM
I hope that tree doesn't beat me up...

Diva De
2008-01-28, 08:51 AM
Mirage stepped into the clearing and took a deep breath of the fresh air. Sighing softly at all the beauty around her, she approaches the stream and takes several sips of the cold, clear water.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-01-28, 09:10 AM
Jette approaches the old tree with a blade in his left hand and begins examining the plant closely.

Baeleck
2008-01-28, 04:45 PM
Such a tranquil place brings a smile to Shaimric's lips. He wanders adrift, slightly, boots brushing through the dewy grass.

Whisper, however, thinks the grass looks more tasty than anything else. And so, the steed begins to munch.

Sneak
2008-01-28, 07:26 PM
Dirk looks around and grins. "I could get used to adventuring." He bends down and picks a few flowers before walking over to the tree and sitting down, leaning against its trunk. He takes out his lute and closes his eyes, plucking seemingly random yet melodic notes out of the strings.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-28, 08:34 PM
Ah, such a pristnie locale.

She looks pointedly at all humans in the group.

And this is exactly the kind of place you humans would destroy!

She heads down, inspecting the flowers, and noticing the differences between here and her homeland.

Diva De
2008-01-29, 09:35 AM
Mirage shakes her head at al'Tayara's harsh words. Maybe they aren't all the same - did you ever consider that? She kneels by the water, splashing some onto her face to wash the dust of the road off.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-30, 07:11 PM
Mirage shakes her head at al'Tayara's harsh words. Maybe they aren't all the same - did you ever consider that? She kneels by the water, splashing some onto her face to wash the dust of the road off.

I have, multiple times. But each time I do, they come back and do exactly what they're on trial for. :smallannoyed:
I imagine there are a few who would act more to my likings, but if they do they are few and far between.

Szilard
2008-01-31, 08:54 PM
Well I vote that we stop here and eat.

XxAmplisaxX
2008-02-01, 07:10 PM
Flame looks at Jack in agreement but goes over to al'Tayara and circles around her feet purring. Ocean nods realising how hungry he was.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-02-01, 07:32 PM
Confident that the tree will not attack him, Jette scabbards his scimitar and leans up aginst it, drawing in the scent of life around him.
"Food, no food, whatever, I can eat on the trail, I can go without, I'm good for anything"

Szilard
2008-02-06, 09:46 PM
((Bumping the thread.))

XxAmplisaxX
2008-02-07, 07:27 PM
((seriously people whattup with the no posting? like seriously... I have a feeling its either getting boring or you have waaay too much homework.))

Szilard
2008-02-07, 08:28 PM
Swallows climbs up the tree looking for something to eat.

Szilard
2008-02-13, 08:55 PM
Bumping the thread, again.

Diva De
2008-02-14, 07:42 AM
((Sorry about not posting - I've had some RL issues that have kept me offline much more than I'd like.))

Mirage slips off her shoes and dips her feet into the water, tossing her head back and closing her eyes to enjoy the warm sunlight.

Szilard
2008-02-14, 08:11 PM
After finding nothing to eat in the tree, Swallows starts sucking on a small stick he broke off the tree.

Szilard
2008-02-17, 06:45 PM
Bumpbumpbump, is anyone going to play this or should I leave it to die?

Szilard
2008-02-19, 09:43 PM
So long and thanks for all the fish, I shall now let this thread die. Good Bye.:smallfrown:

XxAmplisaxX
2008-02-24, 11:16 AM
any mods can you please close this thread? thanks...