PDA

View Full Version : In the Dead of Night (The Mongooses)

Halna LeGavilk
2008-01-06, 12:13 AM
You stand in a large, ornate church. Two men in battered guard uniforms guard side doors to the north. Doors to the south lead to support rooms to the church. The larger, more ornate doors to the west had already been locked and secured, and two more guards stand at that door, piling chairs and anything not secured down in front of the door.

About thirty survivors mill about, some looking scared, some carrying weapons, some trying to be brave. Four or five lay on the ground, their face a pale shade of green. You could tell they were near death.

One guard, in slightly better armor than the rest comes walking down from the chapelcroft. He looks tired and weary. He looks around. "Does anybody have any fighting exper-".

His sentance is cut short when the doors to the north fall down. Four zombies stumble over themselves, overwhelming one guard instantly. The other guard slashes at the zombies until one of them trip him, dragging him down.

Several people scream, a child begins to cry, and two more zombies appear near the door, and began to moan. You hear shuffling feet in the north alley, and scratches coming from the door in the front indicate the presence of more zombies.

(Alright, that's the fluff, here's the crunch. The church is 70 feet, east to west, and 30 feet north to south. The benches face east, and provide 50 percent cover if you crouch behind them, but only to the east and west, and people with a higher vantage point negate bonuses to AC against ranged attacks.

Right now, 6 zombies are in line of sight. You are scattered about the room, and should all be able to reach the zombies within one round. Roll initiative.)

Ikkorous
2008-01-06, 01:53 AM
[Kosikk initiative]

[roll0]

Kosikk the Black is a kobold of average height and build with black scales and red eyes, his heritage from black dragons very evident when one looks. He wears loose black robes with red and orange trim and more practical black clothing underneath, and over it all a black cloak with red trim that doesn't conceal the fact that he is a kobold very well, as his snout sticks out from the shadows.

JackMage666
2008-01-06, 02:15 AM
Initiative = [roll0]

Jacky Greyman is an obvious street urchin, wearing ruddy clothes smoking a strange substance (Devilweed, +2 Alchemical Bonus to Str for [roll1] hours, but taking 1 point of Wisdom damage in return - Treated as Shaken due t Side Effects of drug). He's not 100% sure if this is all false or just his imagination, but he intends to find the quickest way out.

Mephe
2008-01-06, 03:04 AM
Initiative: [roll0]

Hessaugh begins chanting an incantation, as light pulses from his gesticulating hand and two eyes like burning charcoal peer out from under his hood. It is time, I beleive, to see if all my research was worth it.

Hyozo
2008-01-06, 07:43 PM
Charles

[roll0]

Seeing the zombies, Charles smiles slightly. Normally removing any threat like this would result in a rather decent reward, especially if one were to count any amount of respect as a reward in its self. He raises his greataxe and prepares for the confrontation, not even considdering that escaping with his life would be a rather desireable reward as well.

Gnomish Wanderer
2008-01-06, 11:56 PM
Diasmas

Initiative - [roll0]

A small gnome stood near the alter with a huge sword still hanging from his hands. His studded leather armor has seen better days and is greatly weathered. The furry blonde hair and large unkemp beard is almost dwarf-like in nature, other than the color. The gnome's skin, where not covered in dirt, is the color of a thick and deep mahogany, but also mauled in thick scars. He looks over as the door falls and does a scan of the room.

Halna LeGavilk
2008-01-11, 11:52 PM
Initiative Order:

Hessaugh
Kosikk
Zombie #1
Jacky
Zombie #2
Jacky
Charles
Diasmas
Zombie #3
Zombie #4

Next in initiative: Hessaugh.

Mephe
2008-01-12, 01:08 AM
Completing the words to the incantation, Hessaugh raises his hand to point at the nearest zombie. From his outstreched finger, a sigle ray of white light arcs towards the husk.

Casting: Disrupt Undead
To Hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Ikkorous
2008-01-12, 02:46 AM
Kosikk licks his lips as he draws his crossbow, but instead of firing the weapon he utters an indecipherable phrase and crooks the fingers of his offhand. With an extension of his will, a bolt of red energy leaped out and seared across the distance at the nearest zombie.

[Move action - Draw Crossbow]
[Standard Action - Cast Magic Missile]

1d4+1

Ikkorous
2008-01-12, 02:49 AM
Roll messup.

[roll0]

Halna LeGavilk
2008-01-14, 08:07 PM
Both spells strike Zombie #1, hurting it badly. It rolls off the man and stands up, moaning.

Next in initiative: Jacky

JackMage666
2008-01-14, 11:48 PM
Jacky's looking for higher ground - Any pulpits, low beams, or anything he could climb onto to avoid trouble?

Spot check since he's flustered

[roll0]

JackMage666
2008-01-14, 11:52 PM
And, if he does find anything, Climb and Jump check (whichever are needed) to get to safety.

Climb
[roll0]
Jump
[roll1]

And, I just remembered I'm shaken, so a -2 on that spot check above.

Hyozo
2008-01-15, 09:41 PM
Charles

Snearing at the cowardly urchin, Charles attempts to mentally prepare himself for combat, meditating as he did when he first discovered his talent.

[roll0] Vs. DC 20 to gain a psionic focus.

Halna LeGavilk
2008-01-15, 10:04 PM
Jack spots beams near the top of the building, supporting the ceiling. He tries to climb up, but fails.

Next in initiative: Diasmis

Gnomish Wanderer
2008-01-15, 11:17 PM
Diasmas looked over at the door, eyes widening a bit. He sighed and shouted out, "Everyone! Get to the support rooms!" He then lifted up the heavy sword and charged at the nearest non-magically attacked zombie. He bared his teeth as he approached and pulled off a mighty swing at the creature.Alright, took a free to talk and moved to a Zombie. Then I attacked.

Halna LeGavilk
2008-01-16, 08:38 PM
The sword hits the zombie, not doing much damage.

Zombie #3 and #4 stand up and moan.

The rest of the survivors, except those lying on the ground, sick, rush to the support rooms. They leave the door slightly ajar, probably because they forgot about it in their fear.

Next in initiative: Hessaugh.

Mephe
2008-01-16, 09:43 PM
Hmmm...perhaps I mipronounced the thirty-second rune. That one was always problematic. Perhaps now it will work...
Hessaugh channeled more light energy to his hand, whic he released at the same zombie.

Disrupt Undead

Ikkorous
2008-01-16, 11:45 PM
Kosikk watches the oncoming zombies with mixed emotions. He sees the worthless non-dragons fleeing like cattle, in accordance with his assumptions and brief observations of their behavior, but what strikes him as odd is the one that was smoking an herb and then tried to climb a pole, failing miserably. Surely there were better ways to flee, as demonstrated by the herd rushing into the other rooms, which brought Kosikk's mind to the gnome. Kill the gnome? Or kill the zombies?

"Zombies are the threat now. Kill the motherless dog later."

Kosikk loads a bolt into his crossbow and fires at one of the zombies.

[Move Action - Load crossbow]

[Standard Action - Attack Zombie 3]

[roll0]

[roll1]

Hyozo
2008-01-18, 10:03 AM
((OOC: Yes, I know that it's not my turn yet, but I'm going to be away until monday and I don't want this campaign to be stopped until then because of it.))

Charles

Seeing the spellcasters attacking the first zombie, and the gnome attacking another, Charles approaches a third zombie and attacks.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Halna LeGavilk
2008-01-20, 10:08 PM
Hessaugh's bolt hits the zombie, staggering it. It's flesh starts to melt a little bit, and it's limp is more pronounced.

Kossik's bolt pierces the zombie in the chest, staggering it. A small amount of uncoagulated blood flows out.

OOC:Ya know what guys? Post your characters actions, and I'll assemble the whole thing at the end of the round, with everyone's actions in initiative order.

JackMage666
2008-01-21, 03:13 AM
Jacky

"Crap, man! Crap!"

He tries to climb again, until the zombies get close enough to touch him.

[spoiler]
Climb - [roll0]
Jump - [roll1]

Gnomish Wanderer
2008-01-22, 01:01 AM
Diasmas stares at the zombie with a state of dumbfounded fury glued to his face. "Ahhrrgghhh!" he shouted out, letting the battle cry echo out as he took another swing at the zombie. To Hit: [roll0]
And that's all I'm gonna do. Hope it doesn't get me killed :smallsmile:
Edit: Even worst than last time...

Halna LeGavilk
2008-01-23, 11:17 PM
Alright, well, you guys aren't doing to well. It's probably your weapons. And Jacky. Yup. :smallwink:

IC: Jacky falls right back down again.

Unfortunately, Diasmis' sword bounces off the zombie.

Zombie #3 limps past the fighting, towards the support rooms.
Zombie #4 follows suit.

JackMage666
2008-01-24, 12:41 AM
Jacky

"Crap, man, I need better stuff! These weapons arn't worth crap against these dudes!"

Spot check to look for things usable as clubs - [roll0]

Gnomish Wanderer
2008-01-24, 02:00 AM
Diasmas looked again at the zombie, seeing his ineffective means of damaging it. He pulled back to swing again, but stopped himself. Now is not the time. With a grunt he turned and scurried back to the door. Yep, i'm going to withdrawl. these zombies are too much for me...

Ikkorous
2008-01-24, 06:30 AM
Kosikk watches the zombies trundle past him with a smile. "A shame. They were exceptionally ugly looking piggart humans..." He looks at the others fighting and shakes his head. "Right. Zombies will kill me too, and despite my vast greatness, I am not yet powerful enough to destroy them all..." He makes various gestures and speaks an indecipherable phrase, extending his will into his hand and forcing it into energy, blasting one of the trundling zombies.

[Standard Action - Magic Missle]

[roll0]

Hyozo
2008-01-24, 11:08 PM
Charles

Focusing on nothing but the axe in his hand and the mockery of life in front of him, Charles imbues his axe with some of his psionic power before striking again.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Mephe
2008-01-27, 03:18 PM
Backing away from from the oncoming Zombies, Hessaugh makes a sidelong glance to see what's in the back rooms. Damn, these are far more resilient than my intial hypothesis. Reteat seems a prudent action at this point. He launches a ball of blue energy at the same zombie, in a ast hope of stopping it.
Spot:[roll0]
Magic Missile: [roll1]

Edit: AAAAAAAANNND.....wow....:smalleek:

Halna LeGavilk
2008-01-28, 11:20 PM
Hessaugh sees nothing but the door, which is not open enough to see into.
The magical blast does not stop the zombie, which trundles toward you.

Kossik's blast stumbles the zombie, which falls backwards a bit, but catches itself.

Zombie #1 walks toward Hessaugh, ending up next to him.

Jacky spots a large candlestick near the alter laying on the floor (1 handed weapon 1d6 bludgeoning).

Zombie #2

Diasmis makes it back to the door with plenty of time to spare. What now?

Zombie #3 and #4 shuffle towards the other door. Zombie #3 trips and falls on a bench.

JackMage666
2008-01-29, 09:36 AM
Jacky

Out of desperation and fear, Jacky picks up the candlestick and tries to chuck it at the zombies heading towards the door.

Attack - [roll0] (Assuming it's an Improvised Weapon)
Damage - [roll1]

JackMage666
2008-01-29, 09:37 AM
Fix for damage roll

[roll0]

Ikkorous
2008-01-29, 11:41 PM
"Thrice damned undead, FALL ALREADY!" Kosikk screams, funneling his rage into yet another blast of red energy as he pulls back on his crossbow and slams a bolt into place.

[Move Action - Load Crossbow]
[Standard Action - Cast Magic Missle]
[roll0]

Gnomish Wanderer
2008-01-30, 03:49 AM
Diasmas closes the door quickly and goes to move one of the pews in front. Better help who I can.
(OOC: Soory it's short, writer's block...)

Halna LeGavilk
2008-02-01, 10:52 PM
Update delayed for:

iceddragons
Mephe

Hyozo
2008-02-05, 09:43 PM
Charles

Just a bit clumsy today. I just need to calm down and bisect those freakish things. Thinks Charles, as he attempts to do just that.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Mephe
2008-02-06, 11:28 PM
Just what are these monsters? Are these what undead really are?
Hessagh backs toards the door to the back rooms, drawing his bow in the process.

Halna LeGavilk
2008-02-09, 12:37 PM
Kosikk's magic slams into the zombie, killing it.

Zombie #1 moves toward Hessaugh again.

The candlestick slams into the zombie, damaging it severly and making it fall down.

Zombie #2 (I don't think I've said anything about him) finishes mauling the man and stands up.

The pews are very heavy. Diasmis, make a strength check.

Zombie #3 stands up, and Zombie #4 also stands up.

Gnomish Wanderer
2008-02-18, 10:27 PM
[roll0]Not my best...
Diasmas struggles with one of the pews, a heavy grunt ringing out.

Hyozo
2008-02-19, 08:52 PM
Charles

Annoyed that the coward with a candlestick was having more success than he was, Charles moves again swings his greataxe at the same zombie.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Mephe
2008-02-19, 09:48 PM
Hessaugh draws an arrow and releases it at the nearest non-engaged zombie.
We shall see how cold steel works on these creatures.

To Hit:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Ikkorous
2008-02-20, 08:46 PM
"Did I not say fall, you incessantly irritating and defiant hunk of rotting human pig meat?! You will obey my command, for Kurtulmak has chosen me for greatness!" Kosikk screams and hisses in frustration as he fires his crossbow at the zombie, loading another bolt shortly thereafter.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Halna LeGavilk
2008-02-22, 08:03 PM
JackMage has not posted, therefore, I'll skip his turn.

Hessaugh's arrow slams into the zombie's face, killing it.

Kosikk's bolt bounces off the zombie, doing no damage.

Zombie #1 falls over and dies, Hessaugh's arrow sticking through one of it's eyes.

Jack does nothing.

Zombie #2 moves toward stumbles toward Jacky.

Diasmis moves the bench, and it slides unexpectedly, running the zombie over.

Zombie #4 dies under bench.

Ikkorous
2008-02-23, 06:36 PM
"Fear me, for I shall be the destroyer of all who oppose Kurtulmak and his designs!" Kosikk waggles his fingers and utters a nonsensical syllable. The spell he casts conjures a small cluster of embers and flames and flings them at a zombie.

[Standard Action - Cast Ember]
[roll0] [Ranged Touch]
[roll1] [Damage]

Hyozo
2008-02-25, 09:15 AM
Charles

Becoming increasingly iritated, Charles moves toward the last zombie and strikes it with his greataxe.

(1d20+2=18, 1d12+3=12) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1507220/)

Take that forum roller!:smallbiggrin:

Halna LeGavilk
2008-02-26, 07:59 PM
...Nice. Very nice.

Halna LeGavilk
2008-03-12, 10:03 PM
The last zombie falls under your onslaught. A few survivors come out of hiding. They talk amongst themselves, and flee out the door. Their screams are quickly heard. What now?

Ikkorous
2008-03-14, 09:08 PM
Kosikk watches with mild amusement as the apelings run from the safety of the church, and a smile crosses his lips as their screams are heard from outside. He looks at the others who stood and fought with a bit of contempt and shook his head. Kurtulmak was testing him, and he would not fail. "Don't just stand there, seal the door! This infestation is obviously much for us or the human forces to handle, therefore we must not try the direct approach!" Kosikk loads a bolt in his crossbow and moves quickly to the doors, looking outside before starting to push them shut.