PDA

View Full Version : In the Dead of Night (The Flying Brains)



Halna LeGavilk
2008-01-06, 12:15 AM
You stand in a large, ornate church. Two men in battered guard uniforms guard side doors to the north. Doors to the south lead to support rooms to the church. The larger, more ornate doors to the west had already been locked and secured, and two more guards stand at that door, piling chairs and anything not secured down in front of the door.

About thirty survivors mill about, some looking scared, some carrying weapons, some trying to be brave. Four or five lay on the ground, their face a pale shade of green. You could tell they were near death.

One guard, in slightly better armor than the rest comes walking down from the chapelcroft. He looks tired and weary. He looks around. "Does anybody have any fighting exper-".

His sentance is cut short when the doors to the north fall down. Four zombies stumble over themselves, overwhelming one guard instantly. The other guard slashes at the zombies until one of them trip him, dragging him down.

Several people scream, a child begins to cry, and two more zombies appear near the door, and began to moan. You hear shuffling feet in the north alley, and scratches coming from the door in the front indicate the presence of more zombies.

(Alright, that's the fluff, here's the crunch. The church is 70 feet, east to west, and 30 feet north to south. The benches face east, and provide 50 percent cover if you crouch behind them, but only to the east and west, and people with a higher vantage point negate bonuses to AC against ranged attacks.

Right now, 6 zombies are in line of sight. You are scattered about the room, and should all be able to reach the zombies within one round. Roll initiative.)

Fusecase
2008-01-06, 12:38 AM
[roll0]

If I can, I move within 10' of two zombies while drawing my chain and attempt to steel wind strike both:

Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Attack2: [roll3]
Damage2: [roll4]

"Not even a chance to get a drink today." Gerard murmurs as he places his hand upon his chain. "You rotting bags, I'm gonna put you in the graves you're leavin' empty! They were my sparring buddies!"

I shotgun indigo as my color.

If a zombie approaches me I will take my AoO.

Attack: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]

Amras Seer
2008-01-06, 07:12 AM
Int [roll0]

ForzaFiori
2008-01-06, 06:52 PM
Bah, and i was just getting comfortable! Aran says, standing and drawing his scimitar. He moves towards one of the zombies (preferable so that i can attack him, and i'm threated only by the one zombie), and swings his sword.

Initiative: [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

(i'm taking dark orange as my color)

Amras Seer
2008-01-06, 07:14 PM
(on my turn)

Hrrmph, scum. Eldon dashes towards the zombies, weapons at ready.

RAPIER
Attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

SICKLE
Attack
[roll2]


(I call Silver)

Damage
[roll3]

Amras Seer
2008-01-06, 08:35 PM
(oops just attack with rapier. thanks:smallbiggrin: )

Amras Seer
2008-01-06, 09:07 PM
(sorry for frequent post, mythweaver engine anomaly char sheet fixed, I need to redo rolls.) (not full attack)

Rapier
Attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

piperx
2008-01-06, 11:46 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Woz is not amused by zombies. Men are reasonable, they can be bribed or intimidated. But zombies just like to bash things, making life difficult for everyone.

With a resigned sigh, Woz shouts to the frightened townspeople "Why don't you make yourselves useful and KILL SOMETHING!" He then sprints for the nearest bench and dives behind it.

Pulling his mandolin from his back, Woz begins the age old custom of musicians everywhere: tuning. His fingers seem to tremble a bit. :smalleek:

Amras Seer
2008-01-09, 01:28 AM
(somebody say something!!!!)

ForzaFiori
2008-01-09, 06:19 AM
(somebody say something!!!!)

((Everyone's gone, were waiting for Halna))

Halna LeGavilk
2008-01-11, 11:45 PM
Initiative Order:


Aran
Gerard
Mugma
Zombie #1
Zombie #2
Eldon
Zombie #3
Woz
Zombie #4


Your bladed weapons have little effect on the zombies. Zombie #1 is dropped in the first round of combat, hit by Aran's chain. Zombie #2 stands up, to be hit by Eldon's blade. Zombie #3 continues to maul the man on the ground.

Next in initiative: Woz.

OOC: Can you guys post in initiative order? It makes my job a lot easier, not having to go through all those posts at once.

piperx
2008-01-12, 04:02 PM
His tuning finished, Woz launches into a heartfelt rendition of "Onward Bold Adventurers". The harmonious strains Inspire Courage* in all those that hear it. Peeking over the table, Woz takes a deep breath and sheathes his mandolin.

Inspire Courage: +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.

Halna LeGavilk
2008-01-14, 07:57 PM
Zombie #4, having killed the man on the ground, clumsily stands up.

Next in Initiative: Aran

ForzaFiori
2008-01-14, 08:03 PM
Aran continues to slash with his scimitar at the zombies.

attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

Halna LeGavilk
2008-01-14, 08:12 PM
Aran's swords bounce of the zombie, having no effect.

Next in initiative: Gerard

Voth
2008-01-16, 09:27 PM
Letting out a bellow that echos around the room, Voth charges the closest zombie and unleashes a punch aimed at the torso.

I'm charging the zombie that occupies A7. First roll to hit: [roll0]

Fusecase
2008-01-16, 10:02 PM
Following Voth's Strike, Gerrard takes a tactical stumble back and attempts to hammer the zombie into an awkward defense.

A five foot step away from the action but still within reach, and a leading the attack strike.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

If it hits, any attacks on the zombie get +4 until my next turn.

Assuming a covering stance, filled with swaying and a smile, Gerard readies to make sure the cadaverous foes don't move easily.

If they provoke an attack of opportunity from me I will make a trip attempt with my chain.

Touch Attack: [roll2]
Strength Check: [roll3]

Amras Seer
2008-01-17, 05:19 AM
Bad post (did not roll right)

Amras Seer
2008-01-17, 06:47 AM
Rapier
Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Sickle
Attack:[roll2]
Damage:[roll3]

Sneak Attack
[roll4]

Halna LeGavilk
2008-01-20, 10:33 PM
Voth, you hit. Now what?

Gerard's chain drops Zombie #2, ripping off it's foot instead of tripping it. Zombie #2 lays on the ground and twitches.

Eldon's attacks drop Zombie #3, killing it and splattering coagulated blood all over.

Zombie #4 moves closer to Eldon, taking it's time and dragging it's feet.

OOC: Guys, remember to add Woz's musical effect to your attack and damage.
Also, post once per round, at any time. I'll compile them at the end of the round and post the results there.

ForzaFiori
2008-01-20, 11:05 PM
Aran drops his scimitar and draws his club.

Voth
2008-01-21, 01:35 AM
Wops would help if I posted damage... +1 from Woz music so 8 total

((Assuming the zombie is now dead... err redead...)) In one fluid motion, Voth turns and rushes the remaining zombie, bringing his fist back and slamming it into the zombie's rotting body with bone crushing force.

Attack:[roll]1d20+5 +2 for the charge, +2 for my base attack and +1 from Moz.
Damage:1d6+3

Halna LeGavilk
2008-01-24, 10:29 PM
Voth, reroll. Your rolls did not roll well.

Voth
2008-01-24, 10:33 PM
[roll0] [roll1]

Halna LeGavilk
2008-01-28, 11:34 PM
Update delayed. We need:

Amras Seer
Fusecase
piperx

to post.

Fusecase
2008-01-30, 03:37 AM
(Oops, Sorry there Halna)

"Great, music. Now I'll get to enjoy my drink after this." Gerard says as he draws out a massive iron jug, and with a slosh he steps forward and pounds whats left of the last zombie.

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]

Halna LeGavilk
2008-02-01, 10:47 PM
As the last zombie falls over and dies, the moans seem to subside a bit, and the air grows a bit warmer.

The civilians come out of their hiding places.

What do you do now?

piperx
2008-02-02, 09:32 PM
"Greetings, citizens! Do not fear, for we have put an end to this zombie menace once and for all. Speaking of which, um, how exactly did they come to be here?"

Halna LeGavilk
2008-02-02, 11:38 PM
They glance around at each other. One cautiously approaches you. "Plauge." He points to the citizens lying on the ground. "Seems to be transferred by bite. We might wanna leave."

Voth
2008-02-06, 09:59 PM
Voth

Standing above the now destoryed corpses that were once living things. Voth turns to the survivors and the group.
"I believe we should be going now. It is not certain when more will come." Voth slowly turns to face the survivors. "Is there any place we can take you that is safe?"

Halna LeGavilk
2008-02-07, 09:11 PM
The man laughs dryly. "Outside the city. Only three miles away."

Voth
2008-02-08, 12:50 AM
Voth


"If you are fit to travel, I believe we should make haste at once." Turning to the others, Voth continues to talk in a deep voice. "Shall any of you accompany us on our journey?"

Fusecase
2008-02-08, 03:43 PM
After a long gulp, "Sure, lets take these things out. Worst case scenario, we die fightin'."

ForzaFiori
2008-02-08, 07:43 PM
I'm in. nothing better to do. Aran answers, picking up his scimitar. Besides, i want these zombies gone.

Halna LeGavilk
2008-02-09, 12:05 PM
A few of them shrug, and pick up their meager belongings. The man looks around, and then looks back at you. "I guess we're following you. Lead the way."

Voth
2008-02-09, 01:02 PM
Voth

Gathering up all the survivors, Voth begins to lead them towards the door leading outside of the church. Pausing as he reaches the door, Voth turns around and awaits the others.

Amras Seer
2008-02-14, 05:03 PM
Eldon in the last moments of the battle began to stare at the vllagefolk, plagye ridden and hungry, and realize that this journey would claim they're lives....one way or another. "Where shall we go, to another zombie infested church, through dead landprodded like cattle by our fear of zombies, we are doomed, you know thiss of marsh, shall we all trudge wearily and tired."

Halna LeGavilk
2008-02-14, 11:06 PM
Do you mean the main door?
I need you to make a listen check.

Voth
2008-02-14, 11:10 PM
Valzoa

Listening for anything out of place before opening the main door, Valzoa motions for the others to wait.

Listen Roll:[roll0]

Amras Seer
2008-02-16, 08:47 AM
"Meh, If we be going anywhere I'd best be gettin' me some sleep." with that Eldon grabs his bedroll, and shakes it a bit, then lies down.





OOC:(please if I am doing anything wrong point it out.)

Halna LeGavilk
2008-02-16, 04:13 PM
Voth:You hear many, many groans and moans outside the door. You can only assume it's zombies.

Amras: OOC: The group is going to be leaving in a minute, so it would be a good idea to put the bedroll away. Just saying.

Amras Seer
2008-02-16, 08:34 PM
Post Invalid

Halna LeGavilk
2008-02-17, 11:21 AM
OOC: AS, you didn't hear the zombies since you didn't make a listen check, therefore you don't know that any zombies are out there since Voth hasn't announced anything yet.