PDA

View Full Version : Forsaker PrC

Alleine
2008-01-06, 01:52 AM
Its a 3.0 PrC from Masters of the Wild, and I like the looks of it. It's easily adapted to 3.5, and could just as easily be very interesting to try out in a normally magic-heavy world.

That said, there is only one problem with the class. Damage reduction. It is listed as being DR/+1,/+2, etc. I have no idea what types of DR it should be replaced by at its first level and consecutive levels. Anyone have an idea? Help is much appreciated.

Oh, and or the record, I will NOT be using it with VoP. Mainly because I don't have the BoED, but also because the cheese level looks to be a little high...

Hunter Noventa
2008-01-06, 02:05 AM
The DR/+X Was simply changed to DR/magic or DR/Good or what have you in 3.5. Which means that the scaling DR for that class becomes much less worhtwhile.

JaxGaret
2008-01-06, 02:15 AM
Oh, and or the record, I will NOT be using it with VoP. Mainly because I don't have the BoED, but also because the cheese level looks to be a little high...

Since VoP's benefits are all Supernatural, and thus magical, and thus anathema to a Forsaker, it's probably a good thing for your character not to be taking that particular feat/class combination.

Alleine
2008-01-06, 12:11 PM
The DR/+X Was simply changed to DR/magic or DR/Good or what have you in 3.5. Which means that the scaling DR for that class becomes much less worhtwhile.

Iwas figuring I could give my DM a heads up that my DR would scale, and start out with whatever DR is most common/most likely to be beaten. Unfortunately, I don't know what that progression would be.
For example, at level 2 when I first gain DR, it would be DR 3/silver. At fourth level it might become DR/magic, or cold iron.

JaxGaret
2008-01-06, 01:12 PM
Iwas figuring I could give my DM a heads up that my DR would scale, and start out with whatever DR is most common/most likely to be beaten. Unfortunately, I don't know what that progression would be.
For example, at level 2 when I first gain DR, it would be DR 3/silver. At fourth level it might become DR/magic, or cold iron.

My suggestion would be to convert the DR thusly:

DR 3/+1 --> DR 1/-
DR 5/+2 --> DR 2/-
DR 7/+3 --> DR 3/-
DR 9/+4 --> DR 4/-
DR 11/+5 -> DR 5/-

Makes things simple.

Alleine
2008-01-06, 04:10 PM
Well, I double checked the loss of (Su) abilities. That makes me sad, I was expecting to count kinda heavily on stuff like that in addition to my (Ex) abilities. They must have forgotten to explicitly state that (Su) can't be used either.

I don't relish the loss of DR 11, but it seems that DR was a bit more freely given in 3.0, so I suppose it will be better to just take it down to normal levels.

Any ideas what classes would go well with this? I was thinking ToB classes, but I haven't really looked to see what their abilities are like.

JaxGaret
2008-01-06, 09:49 PM
Any ideas what classes would go well with this? I was thinking ToB classes, but I haven't really looked to see what their abilities are like.

Since ToB maneuvers/stances are (Ex) abilities, they would be a fine place to start a Forsaker out as.

Crusader would probably be strongest, but since it has divinely granted abilities (something the Forsaker would be loathe to accept), I would recommend a Warblade Forsaker.

Alleine
2008-01-06, 10:01 PM
Thank you for the help, it is much appreciated.
Now I just need to get my hands on ToB

Thanks again!