PDA

View Full Version : a different version of the 4e elf split

Count D20
2008-01-07, 01:55 AM
In 3rd edition, the assumed roles of the elves are first as magic masters ,shining city on the hill, high point of civilization.
Secondly as being elite woods ninjas who could track a group of orcs 1,000 miles over fresh snow on top of bare rock,one with the trees both spiritually(druids and part of rangers) and being invisible until they riddle you with arrows or shank you with a rapier (rangers and rogues).
The WOTC think that it is best to split these roles. My trouble is that they made the elves woods dwelling primitives ,rather than philosopher-kings in a city of sorcery.
So I would naturally switch them around. But what to do with the "Forest Warrior" role?
i found the answer in the "alternatives for elves" thread on rpg.net.http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=372532&page=2
Cat girls.

Because cats just have that perfect arrogant sense of being entitled to everyone's food and lap for petting.

In fact, the catfolk don't actually "own" anything as such. They'll just wander into your house, demand you feed them, curl up in your lap for a couple of hours' sleep (and all the gods help you if you move) and then wander off again with nary a thanks. Catgirls without a doubt. Better than you because they're sleeker, faster, more agile and can see in the dark. They also have pointy ears just like elfs.