PDA

View Full Version : Drawn into Ravenoft IC



Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

cintain
2008-01-07, 02:41 PM
[new OoC thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3761200#post3761200]

The trip has taken more than you care to remember. Already you have been wondering for some time if this place even exists. The moment you started your descent into the valley, with the mountains looming menacingly to the West, was the first time you wondered if this was a good idea, but now...

Gray in the fog, high stone pillars loom up from the impenetrable woods on both sides of the road. You have been travelling for so long that, at first sight, you confused them with just two more of the massive trunks that seem to press on the road and choke you as you trundled on. Huge iron gates hang from the stonework, dew clinging to the rusting bars. Standing before the pillars are two stone statues of armed guardians with wicked polearms. Their carved heads lie among the weeds at their feet, netly broken from the stone shoulders.

As you approach this change in the bleak forested landscape that has huddled you for hours, you notice thin tendrils of mist that cling to the branches, the stone pillars, the statues, and even your clothes. Upon reaching the edge of the tiny clearing, you realize you're not alone...

The mists seem to clear just enough for you to make out the shapes of other travellers, who seem drawn inexorably to the gates just like you are.

[Please describe yourselves and talk it over, guys]

Another_Poet
2008-01-07, 05:47 PM
Tell

Tell scans the roadside, as if looking for a place to hide. A glance at the others near the gate seems to convince him he has already been spotted. He begins walking toward them.

Lean and brown-skinned, he travels with minimal equipment. Hides and buckskin leggings clothe him and dreadlocks crown his head. He could be a ranger of the woods, a hunter or trapper--but he is rather well armed. A vicious spiked chain hangs round his shoulders, and a buckler is strapped to his left arm.

He stops a respectful distance from the others, squats down with his back to a tree, and surveys them.

He says nothing.

maktul
2008-01-07, 10:32 PM
Prydaran

Prydaran stands at the mists edge, looking at the gates, a small smile hidden under his beard. He had not seen another traveler on this road until now. Somehow though, he'd known that there would be others who would not allow an unjust curse to prevail.

He is dressed simply, in monks clothing, carrying a backpack and holding a longspear. His brown eyes looks over the others as he bows slightly in their direction. His gray hair and beard look clean and well tended. His hand is familiar on his spear, holding it upright while he bows. His demeanor is open and friendly, but his face has scars crossing it unsettlingly, and his beard and hair do not hide the disfigurement well.

"Greetings fellow travelers, it seems that for the moment we are all headed in the same direction."

Rockbird
2008-01-08, 03:50 PM
Vortiger

Vortiger approached the gates carefully.
I'm not alone to find letters, it seems. Great, more people. Hopefully, they'll keep in line. His hand drifted unconciously towards the butt of the crossbow. Most travelling people don't keep in line.

The man emerging from the mists has a haggard, gaunt look to him. His long, black hair hangs in lank stripes, his eyes deeply set, but surprisingly light. His gaze is intense, giving a sense that he is looking through the back of your mind for faults, perhaps faults you are yourself unaware of. His clothes are in a bad state, tattered and worn, with few attempts to mend them. Around his neck hangs a strange black-ish piece of metal, occasionally giving off a glint. He carries a backpack, a short sword and a crossbow-ish contraption.

As he approaches the gate, a keen observer can notice a certain care in his step, as if he is ready to run or fight at a the slightest commotion. His eyes convince you that he would choose to fight.

Indeed, friend dwarf. Indeed. And this bloody place isn't precisely a great flaming trade caravan meeting place. So, why are we traveling the same way, because i doubt you're here cos' you momma needs to buy a new pig for summer solstice?

Damblynge
2008-01-09, 10:45 PM
Ellylles

I thought that old man said no one would dare go down this road.Slowly drawing his dagger Ellylles steps into the clearing.

The man emerging from the mists walks with a cat-like grace and seems to exude confidence. This is offset however by the debilitated appearance of his body. The blade in his hand swirls with tendrils of what looks almost like coals and ice. Rings adorn his fingers and black leather bracers perch on his spindly arms. A tattered cloak, that doesn't look like it could stop a light breeze never mind any rain, sits on his shoulders covering what might be a chain shirt but for some reason it seems blurred as if it were in deep shadows. The only other items on his person are a dark wooden buckler and a hand crossbow on his hip.

"I can't imagine you're all here for alcohol so your either all going down the same cursed road at the same time or this is a trap. Do we start fighting or will you all behave?"

Rockbird
2008-01-10, 06:48 AM
Vortiger

I know of no damn traps, and if you have walked into one then so have i. As for fighting, i'll leave it up to you if you want a bolt through your eye.

As he speaks Vortiger surveys the people around him, the newcomer most of all.

But i don't think you will, and bolts through the eyes of strangers never seem to cause anything but bloody trouble. Name's Vortiger, and my errand here is my own.

Another_Poet
2008-01-10, 09:24 AM
Tell

Tell remains in his squatting position near his tree. He watches the newcomer with the dagger at first, then looks out into the forest. He says nothing as the others talk.

maktul
2008-01-10, 12:05 PM
Prydaran

Prydaran's cheek twitched as he tried not to smile. The posturing of these other travelers amused him. "Well aren't we just a lively bunch. Scary too, coming out of the mists like this together. Or maybe just trying to seem that way. He looks up at the pillars to either side of the gate, "Shoddy workmanship, though well enough done that it's lasted. Oh well." He mutters, half aloud as he shakes his head.

Turning back to the others he lifts his spear off the ground and sets it on his shoulder for carrying. "Either we're here for the same reason, or we aren't. If we are all here to help the people of this place it does strain credulity to arrive unannounced at the same place and at the same time. However if we all just happened to cross paths, and are continuing upon each owns way, that's less incredulous.

Prydaran turns to the gate, "I do prefer company when travelling in any case, whether we are all on the same path or not. I am called Prydaran. Shall those of us going this direction continue?" He walks to the gate, stopping when he does so, and lifts his hand in order to try to push it open.

cintain
2008-01-10, 12:57 PM
As Prydaran's hand reaches for the ancient gate, a loud, shrill screeching sound fills the air, commanding all your attention. The gates shudder, as if suddenly awakened from a deep slumber no creature was meant to disturb, then open, making the mists swirl. As they do so fully, the screeching sound lingers for an instant, then fades away...

No other sound can be heard. A wide dirt road is barely visible in the ever-shifting fog, leading off into the mist-choked forest.

Timaoh
2008-01-11, 09:05 AM
--- TOIR ---

With the sound of the gate's opening you all hear the click-clack of what might sound like a horses hooves on a hard cobbled surface. Except for the fact that there are no such surfaces nearby. Those of you who turn to look in the direction of the noise see a creature resembling a half starved bug standing erect on bipeddal legs it's mouth moving in a bizzare manner. You then notice that the click-clacking is being emmited by the creature. Perhaps in some attempt to communicate...?

You notice it wears little in the way of clothing other than a shoddy and well-worn pair of boot which are obviously too large for it and a small knife held tightly in one fist-claw... It's large eyes seem overly pronounced as it seems to be trying to take in all of it's surroundings at once. The multi-faceted orbs blink vertically then horizontally in quick sucession as they creature reguards you all yet again. Once again it repeats it strange noises and gestures at the gates. It does not seem hostile just unerved by your presence as it guestures emphatically towards the gates and waits for a reply, weapon in hand.

Seeing that it's attempts to communicate have had little avail the creature twitches it's antanae and tries a different tactic. It thumps its chest and screeches in a shrill manner... "Tchck.......Oichtchk.....Itchckch......Rtchktckss. ....." Frustratedand agitated it thumps it's chest again and more slowly tries again. "Tchckt-OIchckt-eRtchck."

"Tchckt... Youchckt... go inchtckt?" The creature asks as it's antenae still twitch belying the calm expressionless fascade of it's chitinous exterior.

Another_Poet
2008-01-11, 09:23 AM
Tell

Tell finally seems to take an interest in his surroundings when the bug shows up. He freezes except for one hand that moves slowly to take a hold of his battle-chain. A drop of dew falls from the tree he is crouched under and hits his nose, but he does not flinch. He simply stares intently at the newcomer.

Rockbird
2008-01-11, 10:46 AM
Vortiger

When Prydaran spoke Vortiger had relaxed somewhat, taking his hand off his crossbow and relaxing his stance. At the entrance of the bug, he tensed again, and he was back to fingering his crossbow.

A... bug? Armed bug? Hm, looks harmless enough though. Looks almost... childish.
He notices Tell's reaction, and smiles a wry smile, his eyes thinning.
I believe... Prydaran, was it? Is right. Those with direction should be on their way. And i'd take my hand of that chain if i were you.
This he directs at Tell with an icy stare.
He then turns and walks towards the gate.

Another_Poet
2008-01-11, 12:07 PM
Tell

Tell jingles the chain slightly.

Timaoh
2008-01-11, 12:38 PM
--- TOIR ---

Seeming more confused than before Toir looks at everyone with his giant reflective anime eyes, blinks his eyelids once, vertically and horizontally and asks. "chtckttS...LOWchckt....rrrrrrrrtchckt... YEchcktStk?"

Toir clearly doesn't understand what you are all saying when you speak so quickly. Perhaps if you spoke more clearly it might understand you better.

Another_Poet
2008-01-11, 01:16 PM
Tell

[Since I can't make out the message OOC, I will assume Tell can't figure it out IC. But speaking slower does make sense.]

Tell looks back at the insect. He stands up and says to it,

"What do... you eat?"

He is careful to enunciate each word. He also keeps his hand on his chain.

Timaoh
2008-01-11, 01:32 PM
Toir

Taking a moment and considering the words its antennae twirling. Toir finally takes it's free hand and hold it under its mouth. Making a few noises it spits up something that looks like a chunk of half digested flesh covered in a very pungent and very corrosive goo. Its mandibles spread wide in what you assume is a smile for a Dromite. Toir shows you what it eats and then proceeds to chew on it once again slurping and munching it back into its waiting mandibles.

Another_Poet
2008-01-11, 01:38 PM
Tell

Tell gives a short bark of a laugh, and smiles. "Are you... going this way? Come with us... and if these guys make trouble... we'll eat them. Okay?" He still wears the smile, but his tone does not say whether he is joking.

Timaoh
2008-01-11, 01:48 PM
Toir

Once again the Dromite spreads it's mandibles wide in mockery of a grin and nods at Tell. It's antennae waving and bobbing comically as it does so.

cintain
2008-01-12, 01:35 PM
[OoC: if none of you are going to do anything different, and following Damblynge's advice, I'll assume you all are going to walk down across the gate together, at a prudent distance from each other, to get this moving.]

As you walk across the ancient gate, you can feel a chill wind blowing gently from behind you. The leaves on the tall, foreboding trees rustle with anticipation. Prydaran leads the way, followed by Vortiger and the thin cloaked man with the odd-looking dagger, which he has pulled out of sight. They eye each other carefuly. Tell and the Dromite follow last. Once the last of you is well clear of the gate, the screeching sound fills the mist-choked air once more, as the gates close of their own voilition and slam together with a cold, metallic CLANG.

@ Prydaran: you feel the cold crawl under your skin, making your neck and jaw tremble in spite of yourself. A memory half-remembered of something you'd rather not think about nips at the edges of your consciousness for one hair-tingling instant, and is then gone, just as the last echoes of the clanging gates fade into nothingness....

@ Vortiger: the cold bites at you and makes the hairs on the back of your neck and forearms stand on end. This sensation disappears almost immediately to give rise to a warm current of anger. Whoever tortures or harms an innocent will know your wrath...

[Tell, Toir, and Ellylles please roll spot checks]

Timaoh
2008-01-12, 01:51 PM
TOIR

At the sound of the gate crashing shut Toir spins in it's direction and then quickly scans his suroundings immediately on edge and wary of everyone and everything nearby.

Spot - (1d20+11)[23]

Another_Poet
2008-01-12, 05:22 PM
Tell

Tell keeps his eye mostly on the strangers in front of him, but periodically he moves his head slightly to glance at his surroundings.

[roll0]

maktul
2008-01-12, 10:32 PM
Prydaran

The gate opening before Prydaran touched it, startling him with the noise it made. Looking around he spied the Dromite as it approached the group and watched it's attempted communication.

Prydaran eyed the insectoid warily, then shrugged. He'd heard of insect races before, usually the stories were full of tales of bugs that destroyed towns, and ate everyone in sight, but at the moment this one didn't seem to be more than another traveler on the road. Naturally he wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be something more dangerous, but that would apply to any of these others as well.

As the gate closes Prydaran shudders, half pulling his longspear off his shoulder before dropping it back down. After a paused half step, he continues on the path his eyes watching ahead.

Damblynge
2008-01-12, 11:03 PM
Ellylles

As the sound of the gates crashing together reaches his ears Ellylles drops into a crouch and stares intently at the surrounding forest.

[roll0]

cintain
2008-01-12, 11:28 PM
The silence falls upon you once more, and as you stare, the mists seem to thicken in the direction of the gate, until only the faintest outline of its shape can be made out. If nothing else, the presence of the others is far more reassuring than staying out in the middle of nowhere in this bleak landscape. The mists swirl around you, now thickening to block your view, making the others look like shadows, now parting just long enough to allow you to see the road. The Forest is old, and dark. You continue down the road for about ten minutes, until the road starts describing a gradual descending turn.

Toir, Tell and Ellylles

As you turn a bend in the road, you notice two shadowy forms in the mist, about 100 feet behind you. Their shape seems to be that of a large dog or other quadruped. After an instant, just as you are deciding what to do about them, they dart into the trees.

A long, distant sound is carried by the wind as you finish turning the bend in the road. At first, you mistake it for the sound of the wind through the thick undergrowth, until its persistence makes you realize that it is the long, low howl of a wolf somewhere behind you...

Rockbird
2008-01-13, 07:30 AM
Vortiger

As he walks form the gate Vortiger hardly even glances back the way he came. He has lengthened his step, trying to cover as much ground possible in as little time possible. His eyes are fixed forward, as if trying to penetrate the swirling mists with sheer force of will. He constantly fingers his weapons, and murmurs under his breath;
No more fires, no more fires, no more fires... No more fires, no more fires, no more fires...

As the wolf howls he pauses momentarily, looking back with a gesture as if contemplating turning towards the sound. He then shrugs, and returns to his march.

maktul
2008-01-13, 12:00 PM
Prydaran

Prydaran looks around as the wolf howl fades. "Now that's just creepy. First the, the, the gate," he stutters as he tries unsuccessfully to remember the sound as he talks, "then that howl, and these mists. It's just... odd."

He pulls his spear off his shoulder to carry it in both hands as they continue to move along the road.

Another_Poet
2008-01-13, 03:36 PM
Tell

Tell smiles when he catches sight of the wolves. As Prydaran speaks he looks around, inhaling deeply of the fresh, moist forest air.

((I would normally assume that wolves won't attack human(oid)s. However, I am going to roll Survival to see if Tell picks up any sign to the contrary.

[roll0] ))

Damblynge
2008-01-13, 10:17 PM
Ellylles

As the howling fades away Ellylles resumes his sauntering pace, seeming to almost drift over the ground with each step. The only visible change in his demeanor is his sharply pointed ears which twitch at every sound.

cintain
2008-01-14, 01:24 AM
Tell

I would normally assume that wolves won't attack human(oid)s. However, I am going to roll Survival to see if Tell picks up any sign to the contrary.

[roll0]

(OoC: for future reference, you should roll Knowledge (nature) in order to answer that question. You're welcome to try it again if you want. DM)

Another_Poet
2008-01-14, 09:18 AM
Tell

[roll0]

Another_Poet
2008-01-14, 09:24 AM
((Sorry for the double post, but that should be a 26. I forgot my synergy bonus, but have now gone into my sheet and written them all in.))

Timaoh
2008-01-14, 09:47 AM
Toir

Seeming equally frightened by the sound of the gates crashing shut as the sound of the wolves Toir tries to look unshaken. Rumaging in a pack Toir removes a few items, placing a cape on his shoulders and slinging the pack once again Toir follows behind the others unsure for the moment what else to do. Humans have been trustworthy for the most part in the past, but stories told to young dromes echo in Toir's mind as it follows behind the others glancing nervously from side to side.

Another_Poet
2008-01-14, 10:26 AM
Tell

Tell pauses and waits for the bug person while it gets its cape on. He stays near it and starts walking again once it is ready.

cintain
2008-01-14, 11:09 AM
Tell

Although you just caught a bare glimpse of the animal before it darted into the trees, the purposeful way in which it seemed to look at you fills you with dread. Thinking back through your memories of encounters with such animals as you wait for the dromite to be ready, and hearing the low, keening howl, you have a sense that this animal is no ordinary wolf. As you continue to walk down the path following the others, you get this sense that you're being watched... or hunted

The path continues descending subtly but steadily into the valley. The branches of the trees hang over the road, creating at times a thick canopy. From your right, you catch occasional glimpses of the afternoon sun, wan and pale in the swirling mists. You walk on for about twenty minutes, and then, slowly, the clearing around the road seems to broaden a bit. Prydaran notices that the road levels out.

Tall shapes loom from the dense fog, and the muddy ground underfoot gives way to slick, wet cobblestones. A dilapidated wooden sign hangs bleakly from a hazy post in the mist.

"Welcome to the Village of Barovia"

Timaoh
2008-01-14, 11:16 AM
Toir

Skittering up to the delapidated sign Toir does it's best to read it aloud. "WELC-hckt-OME... TchtO.... BAR-chckt-OVIA-chckt?" Clearly unsure what the sign means Toir looks at the others for an explanation.

I hope the formatting and colouring helps everyone read my domite-common.

Another_Poet
2008-01-14, 11:50 AM
Tell

As they walk toward the village, Tell breaks the silence.

"Those aren't normal wolves. Best be on our guard." He says it to no one in particular, but loud enough for everyone to hear. Somewhat quieter is the rumbling of his stomach just a moment later.

Thanks Timaoh. It does.

maktul
2008-01-14, 01:19 PM
Prydaran

Prydaran relaxes slightly as he sees the sign. Toir? Toer? However you call yourself," he looks at the bug person, "It means we've reached the town of Barovia. The sign usually marks the boundaries of the town, but sometimes is just to let travelers know where they are."

He continues forward, beginning to walk with his spear like a walking stick, a small thump sounding on the cobblestones with every step he takes. Shifting his shoulders he smiles, "Let's see what the townsfolk can tell us about the chaos being caused in the region."

Timaoh
2008-01-14, 02:57 PM
Toir

Thinking for a moment. Toir looks at the sign again. Still not entirely sure how a piece of wood could tell someone where they are. Why wouldn't they just memorize where everything is? Life in a hive was so much simpler than the way these humans lived. "T-chtck-OWN-tchkt IS-ktch HI-chkt-VE?" Toir asks hurrying to keep up with the long-legged humans as they stride towards the village.

Another_Poet
2008-01-14, 03:02 PM
Tell

Tell chuckles. "No... town is dirty. Town is wasteful. Town has no heart. Hive would be much better."

Timaoh
2008-01-14, 03:09 PM
Toir

Twitching it's antenae and looking puzzled Toir taps the back of one hand with the fingers of its other hand. Toir just nods at Tell and moves along with him into the town feeling uncomfortable and out of place among these humans.

Another_Poet
2008-01-14, 03:31 PM
Tell

Tell shrugs and glances down at the cobble stones, his lips moving as if he is murmuring something. He is quiet for a moment and a smile appears on his face.

He keeps a careful eye in all directions as he enters the town.

1d20+9

Another_Poet
2008-01-14, 03:37 PM
Sorry, can't seem to fix that code. Maybe editing rolls is disallowed, which is actually a pretty good idea. Let's try it here: [roll0]

maktul
2008-01-14, 03:57 PM
Prydaran

Prydaran smiles as he looks towards Toir. "It depends on the town. Some towns are vibrant, living colorful places. Others are black, dreary, dens of the lowest of the low. Most dwarven towns are wonders to behold, art and stonework decorating homes, shops and civic structures. Elven towns can be overlooked as they hide amongst trees. Human towns span the spectrum, wide open spaces, stonework decorations, parks, all the way to the filthiest hovels. I have never seen how gnomes, halflings, or others live amongst themselves."

Looking at Toir he seems unsure as to whether or not he is being understood. "Let's just say that some towns could be considered hives, while others aren't. It doesn't seem like this one would be equivalent to a hive."

Rockbird
2008-01-14, 04:11 PM
Vortiger

Vortiger chuckles as he hears the conversation, shaking his head in an almost unnoticable gesture. You could probably call some towns hives. Unfortunately, they're all too often overrun with scavengers, filthy things that prey on the good people that live in there. I suspect the town we're about to enter will be too covered in the blood of the townspeople and draped in their fears that there will be a very short supply of both friendliness and community. More often that not someone must stand guard in the hive.

Damblynge
2008-01-14, 07:19 PM
Ellylles

"And that's the best kind of town. If you have to always look over your shoulder you know your having fun."And with a laugh he pulls out his dagger and almost skips away.

maktul
2008-01-14, 08:31 PM
Prydaran

Prydaran glares at Ellylles as he moves away, "There are other opinions of course, but for the most part they don't hold much sway."

He looks around trying to discern where the road is leading them into the town, "Does it seem odd to the rest of you that we haven't seen or heard anyone other than ourselves here?"

Timaoh
2008-01-14, 09:21 PM
Toir

Blinking once Toir states simply.

"no-tchckt."

Looking at the others Toir moves further into the town still tapping the back of one of its hands with the other. Toir looks around trying to find someone other than them in the village.

[roll0]

cintain
2008-01-15, 12:46 AM
As you advance along the cobbled street, the shapes resolve into tenements, whose windows are boarded, broken, and lightless. Nothing moves nearby.

Fog limits your visibility, yet at dusk you would expect at least moderate activity. As the last light of the sun, severely diluted in the thick mists, dissolves completely into blackness, faint sounds reach your ears. It is as if something is groaning or moaning, a hollow echo from somewhere deeper in the settlement.

As you take a few more steps into the town, you realize that the buildings around you look abandoned, burned out and barricaded. Garbage litters the ground, piled here and there in random fashion.

Suddenly, the stench of carrion assaults your nose. Ahead, an overturned haycart blocks the street.

[Ellylles, Prydaran, and Vortiger give me a spot check. Everyone choose a position on the map, anywhere from L to P, between 4 and 7; then announce what you are doing (if anything)]

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/6784/e1round0lq8.th.jpg (http://img297.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e1round0lq8.jpg)

Another_Poet
2008-01-15, 01:13 AM
Tell

Tell was in the rear, so I'll say P5. Would you classify the weather as "stormy" or "wind and clouds"?

Tell tilts his head as he hears the sounds. He wrinkles his nose, looks up at the sky (or mists as it were) and squints.

((Casting Call Lightning.))

maktul
2008-01-15, 01:15 AM
Prydaran

spot [roll0]


Row M, column 5.

Prydaran grips his spear with both hands, his eyes darting ahead as he moves slowly towards the overturned haycart.

Rockbird
2008-01-15, 09:30 AM
Vortiger

Spot:[roll0]

L4

His demeanor having darkened when he heard Ellylles words, Vortiger looks up with a snarl on his face as he notices the stench of carrion, his eyes thinning as he scours the mists for signs of life. Whoever did this will pay...

Damblynge
2008-01-15, 04:15 PM
Ellylles

M7 [roll0]

As Ellylles is chuckling at his companions responses to his words the smell of carrion wafts into his nose. A grimace flashes across his features and he cautiously pulls out his dagger, eying the surrounding refuse.

cintain
2008-01-17, 11:18 PM
As you move across the street, advancing towards the wreck, there seems to be no-one in sight. The gloom of the mist which has pressed upon you since you crossed the gate is replaced by a clear sense of danger and dread. Tell's low intonation is the only sound you can hear.

Vortiger
Your gaze rakes the area, across the haycart wreck to the street beyond and then back along the fronts of the boarded-up tenements. As you finish your sweep, you look across the street to where Ellylles is standing and notice a dark, narrow alley, gaping like the half-open maw of some hungry beast. Suddenly, you become aware of a flicker amidst the inky black, and for an instant you hesitate, thinking it a play of the mist and the fading light. However, a fraction of a second later you clearly notice not one but two pinpoints of burning red amidst the darkness, and as the flicker of light comes on again you realize you're being watched, too...

Ellylles
As you near the edge of the tenement you realize that a narrow alley, about five feet across, separates it from the next building. You peer across to Vortiger and Prydaran, who look at the desolation with intense stares, and then into the blackness, only to discover two malevolent, burning-red pinpoints of light directed right at you. A light flickers from below and you catch a glimpse of a skeletal face, its bony grin moving in mockery of a spellcaster about to loose hell...

Tell
I'd say it is hard to say. There is an awful ot of mist.:smallwink: Tell noticed it was overcast before they entered the town, so I'd say clouds, not so much wind. You're good for 3d10.

Roll initiative and declare actions, everyone!

does anyone have ranks in Knowledge (religion) or Knowledge (dungeoneering)? If so, post a check with your initiative.

edit That would be Ellylles and Prydaran. roll away, guys.

maktul
2008-01-18, 12:26 AM
Prydaran

hp:69/69
ac:15 (19) touch:15 (19) flatfooted:14 (18)

Initiative: [roll0]
Knowledge(Religion): [roll1]

Prydaran continues to move towards the haycart, Pious Thunder (his longspear) ready in his hands, and will use the Total Defense action.

Rockbird
2008-01-18, 02:14 AM
Vortiger

HP: 25/25
AC: 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15

Initiative:[roll0]

Vortiger quickly draws his crossbow, readying himself to shoot anything that can be clearly identified as an enemy.

As in, i ready an action to shoot anything that approaches as soon as i'm sure it's not a villager of a friendly disposition.

Damblynge
2008-01-18, 08:03 AM
Ellylles

HP: 25/25
AC: 23 // touch: 15 // flat-footed 23

[roll0]

[roll1]

Ellylles darts back from the alley opening (5 foot adjust) and shouts to the party "Beware the alley!" as he draws his dagger.

Timaoh
2008-01-18, 08:38 AM
Toir

HP: 30/30
AC: 18/16/13 (Norm/FF/Touch)

[roll0]


If i can be in M4, that's where i'll go, anywhere near there is fine though.

First action will be to vigor myself for 30hp.

Also sorry about the slow post everyone couldn't get onto the giantitp site all week for some reason.

cintain
2008-01-19, 01:35 PM
Ellylles
OoC: which square are you moving onto?
IC: A chill passes through your spine as you realize that the red pinpoints were directed straight at you. The sparkling flash in the dark and what you saw remind you of something you've seen or known of before... some undead retain spellcasting abilities...

Prydaran
OoC: tell me the trajectory you're following on the grid to get to the Haycart. The following happens once you've covered half the distance from your starting position to the Haycart.
IC: Closing the distance to the wreck, all of a sudden you become aware of two separate things, almost simultaneously. The first one is a growling sound off to your left, coming from the cross-street. The second one is a rustling sound coming from behind the wreckage.

ROUND 1

Initiative order
Vortiger 19
Timaoh 17
Prydaran 16
D (L11 on the map) 14
C1 and C2 (E2 and E3 on the map) 12
Tell 12
Ellylles 7
Z1, 2, 3 (D5, D6, E8 on the map) 2

Vortiger hears Ellylles call out his warning about the alleyway. Although nothing approaches, he can make out the hazy outline of a rake-thin figure gesturing in the alley under the glow of the red pinpoints of light. (OoC: do you want to shoot into the alleyway?)

@Timaoh: You were supposed to take an action before the initiative roll. I'll take your vigor as that action. What will your action be next?

As Prydaran closes the distance to the wreck, two slow-moving, shambling, rotting corpses clamber over the Haycart, their arms outstretched and their mouths dangling. From the cross-street to your left, the rest of you catch a glimpse of two dog-like creatures moving quickly to pounce on the dwarf.


http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/9074/e1round1xj3.th.jpg (http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e1round1xj3.jpg)

OoC: I am having a problem with the forum roller and can't seem to post rolls. Any advice a/o assitance will be greatly appreciated --- but please put it in the OoC thread.

cintain
2008-01-19, 02:01 PM
Tell's Initiative Roll (third time's the charm)

Tell[roll0]

Rockbird
2008-01-19, 02:38 PM
Vortiger

HP: 25/25
AC: 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15
Initiative 19
Bolts loaded: 4/5

Reacting to Ellylles shout Vortiger fires into the alley. When he notices the nature of the things crawling over the cart he reaches into his pack, retrieving a vial of holy water.
(Handy haversack makes this a move action)

Attack Roll:[roll0](+5 from bab, +4 from dexterity and +1 Enchantment bonus (Out of range for point blank shot))
Damage:(if applicable)[roll1]

Damblynge
2008-01-19, 08:58 PM
OOCthe 5 foot adjust was straight backwards

maktul
2008-01-19, 08:59 PM
Prydaran

OOC: Prydaran moved in a straight line from M5 to G5.

Timaoh
2008-01-19, 11:36 PM
Toir

HP: 60/30
AC: 18/16/13 (Norm/FF/Touch)


Screaming and screeching inaudibly with unbridled fury Toir surges forwards and throwing its hands forward palms together unleashes a torrent of flame towards the creature slaming it into the building behind it with a sickening sound that is strangely satisfying.

Moving to the space I5 Toir will attack C1, C2, or Z3 at DM's discretion. Preferably a fresh target that is not in melee. Next round i will charge into melee.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Reflex Save for half DC: 18 (base 17 + 1 for augment)
Opposed Strength for Slam damage DC: 18

maktul
2008-01-20, 03:12 AM
Prydaran

HP 69/69
AC 15, Touch 15, Flat footed 14

Initiative 16

Prydaran will use flurry of blows with Pious Thunder to attack C2.

Attack Rolls/[roll1] (+5 bab, +1 str, +1 enchantment, +1 weapon focus, -1 flurry of blows)

Damage (if needed) [roll]1d8+1d6+2 (1d8 longspear, +1 str, +1 enchantment, +1d6 shocking burst)

Another_Poet
2008-01-20, 08:23 PM
Tell

[URL=http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=33889]
HP 56/56,
AC 21, Touch 12, Flat-footed 20,

Tell calls down his first lightning bolt with a mere nod of his head. It sizzles into one of the two dog-like creatures to the left, letting out a magnificent thunderclap as it goes. The wry grin never leaves Tell's face, and anyone nearby might hear him mumble his thanks in the wake of the bolt.

[roll0]

cintain
2008-01-20, 11:32 PM
OoC @ maktul: I need damage for Prydaran's flurry of blows, apparently the roll in the spoiler did not compute.

OoC @ Damblynge: Are you taking any other actions besides the 5-foot step this round?

maktul
2008-01-21, 02:45 AM
Damage: 1d8+1d6+2/1d8+1d6+2

maktul
2008-01-21, 02:54 AM
OOC:only thing I can think of is because it's multiple dice types, I'll just separate them out.

Damage: [roll0][roll1]/[roll2][roll3]

Damblynge
2008-01-21, 08:40 AM
OOC: Sorry. I thought I'd already said this but I guess not.

Ellylles

As Ellylles opens his mouth a chill ripples down your spine. Words of long lost civilizations echo on his lips as the dagger in his hand seems to writhe with inner tendrils of flame and ice.
Words of power are almost dripping from his mouth now as he continues to whisper, and a deep fog begins to swirl around him and quickly expands to fill the surrounding area and cut off any sight of the dangerous assassin.
(Obscuring mist)
[roll0]

cintain
2008-01-21, 10:26 AM
Vortiger looses his bolt, which plunges into the darkness, hitting the creature in the alleyway square on. It lets out a harsh, rasping sound and hisses. It retaliates by pointing its hand at you and uttering some incomprehensible babble. Vortiger feels a shill travel down his spine and recoils in disgust, holy water in hand

[OoC: Vortiger roll a Will save]

Toir screams and directs his power at the oncoming corpse, sending it flying back against the wall of the tenement from which it came. It sizzles from the fire, bits of its rotting flesh still smoldering on its decaying frame. It reels from the impact, but presently lifts its arms and heads straight for Toir with a heart-wrenching groan.

Prydaran thrusts, backs, thrusts again, in a flash of well-honed skill, missing the first time and connecting the second against the beast. Its jaws are grossly oversized for its body, and it growls and drools like a mad dog in a rage. It weighs in on you, but as it does so you realize that it is actually letting its last breath out, impaled on the tip of Pious Thunder.

Its companion, noticing Toir standing behind the dwarf, lunges for the Dromite with jaws open and claws stretched. Its maddened attack lacks precision, however, and Toir easily dodges the blow.

Almost simultaneously, a bluish white flash fills the entire street. By the time you hear the thunderclap, the beast that attacked Toir is nothing but mass of charred bones and flesh. Tell murmurs his thanks to the Natural Powers under his grin.

Ellylles
even as you cast your spell, you catch a glimpse of the plodding creatures under the flash of lightning and now feel confident to assert by their movements that they are indeed zombies, walking dead. However, you also realize with horror that these zombies appear to be actively rotting, as if some sort of fell corruption clung to their bodies and actively and virulently exuded from them

The other two corpses move in on Prydaran, slamming him with their outstretched arms. <17 damage>. A greyish grime seems to cling to the places where the creatures struck, the very sight of which sickens the dwarf to the core.

[OoC: Prydaran roll Fortitude save, twice]

maktul
2008-01-21, 11:34 AM
Prydaran

HP: 52/69

[roll0]
[roll1]

maktul
2008-01-21, 11:54 AM
Prydaran

HP: 52/69

[roll0]
[roll1]

Rockbird
2008-01-22, 02:15 AM
Vortiger

Will save:[roll0]

cintain
2008-01-22, 10:42 AM
Vortiger
The chill traveling up your spine condenses around your neck, making the hairs on your head stand on end. The sensation expands, suffusing all your being with an unbearable heaviness, as if your body were becoming too large and cumbersome to move. Your hands don't respond, and your feet are frozen in place. The creature makes short, rasping sounds, like nails on a board, and you realize with horror that it is chuckling as it moves out of the alley towards you, its next spell dancing already in its fingertips.

OK, everyone, Round 2 - Fight!

Initiative Count

Vortiger 19
Timaoh 17
Prydaran 16
D (L11 on the map) 14
Z4, 5 and 6 (C4, D4, and B7 on the map) 12
Tell 12
Ellylles 7
Z1, 2, 3 (D5, D6, E8 on the map) 2

C1 and C2 are dead

Beyond the haycart, you can hear the creaking sounds of wooden doors opening slowly. Three more of the plodding corpses emerge from the houses on the other side of the cross street, drawn by the noise. They groan and begin to walk towards the intersection.

Ellylles and Tell both watch as Vortiger becomes frozen on the spot where he stands, one hand clasped to his crossbow contraption, which is now tilted at a useless angle, while the other one is a clutching fist around an item you cannot make out from where you are. You also see a rake-thin, cadaverous figure emerge from the shadows to stand just inside the alley. It wears a cloak fringed with magical sigils, its eyes sizzling with power and sparks dancing on its fingertips. It is heading straight for Vortiger, muttering incomprehensibly.

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/5239/e1round2ix6.th.jpg (http://img518.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e1round2ix6.jpg)

[OoC: Vortiger roll a will save again this round to shake the spell off]

Another_Poet
2008-01-22, 11:35 AM
Tell

Aratos Tell (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=33889)
HP 56/56
AC 19, Touch 10, Flat-footed 18, (AC/T/FF include penalty from Charging)

As Tell realises what has happened he rushes to protect the stranger with the crossbow. He has no battle-cry or cheer, just a snarl that is easily lost amongst the noises of the undead. As he runs his battle-chain slips off his shoulder and into his hands, and he makes a great leap to deliver his attack:

((Charging and attacking once with Undead Bane chain, using PwrAttk to take 2 off of to-hit and add 4 to damage. Drawing weapon as part of move action.))

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

((Correction: I an now see the map! Tell goes to L6 if you will allow that on a charge; othewise M6.))

Rockbird
2008-01-22, 12:15 PM
Vortiger

HP: 25/25
AC: 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15
Initiative 19
Bolts loaded: 4/5

Will save:[roll0]


Rolls and stuff, can't edit the out
Ranged Touch Attack: [roll1](4bab,5dex,1point blank shot)
Holy Water Damage:[roll2]

Timaoh
2008-01-22, 12:16 PM
TOIR

HP: 59/30
PP: 45/51
AC: 18/16/13 (Norm/FF/Touch)

Continuing to make indiscernable noises Toir lunges to his right (5ft step to H6) and swings at the abomination there with his mace. Connecting with the creature...CRITICAhhhh nevermind stupid undead. a small flash of light erupts from the mace and Toir grimices. The scent of burning insectoid fills the air, the chest of the zombie smoulders in a similar fashion as Toir's hand clenches the mace more tightly.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

maktul
2008-01-22, 12:43 PM
Prydaran

HP: 52/69
AC: 15/15/14 (AC/Touch/FF)

Prydaran grunts when the corpses slam their arms into hims, frowning he takes a step back (into J5) and attacks the corpse in front of him, his spear stabbing twice at it.



/[roll1]
[roll2][roll=Electricity Damage1]1d6
[roll=Electricity Damage2]1d6

maktul
2008-01-22, 12:46 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]



ooc: still getting used to the format here, forgot to add the end of the roll tag after the last part of the damage there.

Timaoh
2008-01-22, 12:54 PM
I don't think you can roll in a roll either way. You would be better off using sperate rolls lines for each one. Also makes it easier for the DM to figure out damage reduction later if you keep all your damage types seperate.

Damblynge
2008-01-22, 08:35 PM
Do we have to wait for our turn in initiative?

Timaoh
2008-01-23, 10:48 AM
I think you just post and let it all get sorted out after. Unless you want to wait and post in order i don't think that will hurt anyone either.

cintain
2008-01-23, 11:12 AM
Ellylles

Do we have to wait for our turn in initiative?

I'd rather you just tell me your action and let me sort it out into a narrative later... I think that way is more expeditious... and fun.


Toir
Please roll a fortitude save for the "other" effect of your mace, as we agreed

Vortiger
your saving throw succeeded, but shrugging the effect is a full round action. I'll let you change actions for next round once you see what it happening

Tell
please roll a Fortitude saving throw

Prydaran
Z1 will move towards you into H5, and Z4 will move into H4... both of them provoke attacks of opportunity from you. If you want to, roll attack and damage for whichever one you choose

Timaoh
2008-01-23, 03:20 PM
Toir

HP: 59/30
PP: 45/51
AC: 18/16/13 (Norm/FF/Touch)



[roll0]

Did i win what's my prize?

Another_Poet
2008-01-23, 05:31 PM
Tell

[roll0]

maktul
2008-01-23, 07:18 PM
Pryddaran

Prydaran will stab at Z1 again.



[roll0](higher attack bonus due to not using flurry of blows)
[roll1]
[roll2]

Damblynge
2008-01-24, 10:42 PM
Ellylles

With a grin Ellylles darts to the alley way and dives behind the figure in the opening. (L9)

TUMBLE
1d20+15 (DC=25)

And stabs his glowing dagger into the bones.
1d20+10
Damage (if applicable)
Dagger-1 (1d4-3)
Cold-1d6
Fire-1d6

Damblynge
2008-01-24, 10:47 PM
[roll0] (DC=25)

[roll1]

Dagger-1 (1d4-3)
Cold-[roll2]
Fire-[roll3]

cintain
2008-01-25, 01:24 AM
Vortiger struggles with himself, fighting the cold and the heaviness bearing down on him. Reaching inside yourself to the core of your determination, you will and then force yourself to move and gradually the heaviness starts to give. Your fingers twitch, then move, and gradually you regain a sense of normal sensation in your body.

Toir brings down its mace on the rotting corpse, bringing an electric shower arcing between it and the monster, seemingly touching both with eerie blue light. As well as the smell of burnt chitin, Prydaran catches a glimpse of the grimace that flashes over the face of the little creature as it continues to fight.

Prydaran steps back and lunges at the corpse in front of him, punching two large holes into its thorax, which seem to have little effect on its relentless advance. The creature moves forward, arms outstretched, and slams into the dwarf again. The revolting smell makes your stomach turn, but your store of inner strength keeps the sickening stench from overcoming you, and you manage to drive your spear through it again. Something inside the walking corpse gives, and Pious Thunder emerges from the creature's back with a wet crunch. Its jaw droops and it groans, yet its vacant eyes still search for you.

Tell readies himself for a full-on attack, and simultaneously the rake-thin corpse takes a step forward and points his finger at you. You feel a strange heaviness overtake you, crawling under your skin and bringing memories of death and cold. You fight within yourself and manage to shrug it off while you start running. you swing your chain over your head while you cross the street to the mouth of the alley without a sound, and when your chain connects, it does so with a satisfying, wet crack across the creature's face. It reels from the impact, and...

Ellylles darts into the alley, unseen, and hits the creature from behind just as Tell finishes the swing of his mighty chain.

The creature lifts its hands uselessly and his next spell fizzles as the energy that powered its existence fades completely. It collapses to the ground into a mass of disordered bones, cloth, and leathery, paper-thin skin.

In the meantime, the corpses that emerged from the houses across the street surround the Dromite and the Dwarf. Two of them attempt to hit the tiny insectoid creature, and while the Toir manages to evade the first blow, the second corpse slams itself against it with a thud <5 dmg, roll fortitude>

The one on Prydaran's left also manages to strike, swinging its arm heavily and hitting Prydaran full on in the chest. Your clothes tear, and you feel the nausea again briefly...

Prydaran only
You realize that while you are able to overcome the sensation, it comes again and again with each blow, as if a current of decay and corruption was directed at you with each blow.

cintain
2008-01-25, 01:29 AM
Round 3

Initiative Count

Vortiger 19
Toir 17
Prydaran 16
Z4 (H4), Z5(G4) and Z6 (G7) 12
Tell 12
Ellylles 7
Z1 (H5), Z2(G6), and Z3(H7) 2

The walking corpses fill the street, surrounding Prydaran and Toir with outstretched hands. Their groans and the stench of death fills the air.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/5451/e1round3uu3.th.jpg (http://img401.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e1round3uu3.jpg)

maktul
2008-01-25, 02:30 AM
Prydaran

HP: 52/69 (Cintain you didn't give any damage in the last post, just said Prydaran got hit, :smallbiggrin: not that I'm complaining just want to make sure that's correct)
AC:15/15/14 (AC/Touch/FF)

With a shout to Moradin, Prydaran whirls, attacking the corpse in front of him (Z1) with his feet and fists.

[roll0]/[roll1]
[roll2]/[roll3]

Another_Poet
2008-01-25, 10:06 AM
Tell

Aratos Tell
HP 56/56
AC 21, Touch 12, Flat-footed 20,

Tell doesn't waste time pulling his chain out of the caster's head. He throws himself agains the wall of the building, dragging his chain and quite a bit of a festering head along with him. His hand reaches out and makes a small chopping motion, as if signaling an acher battalion to fire. Rather than arrows, another rumbling pillar of light springs down from the heavens, driving into the corpses menacing Toir. "That's it," he mumbles as the lightning comes down.

[roll0]

And louder, so the strangers can all hear: "I'll go right!" He indicates Z3 and Z6.

Timaoh
2008-01-25, 10:29 AM
Toir

HP: 54/30
PP: 45/51
AC: 18/16/13 (Norm/FF/Touch)

Sucessful Fort Save
Attacking again with it's mace Toir swings hard at the creature (Z2) standing directly in front it, grimacing as it waits for the pain and nausea to wash through the hardened armor that wards blows but also channels the energy of the mace so that it can be felt throughout Toir's entire form.

Failed Fort Save
Toir stand blinking dumbly and twitching his antenae as the creatures reach for Toir it does little expect shuder at their touch as some internal struggle rages within the small bug-man.

[roll0]

If the save succeeds...
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Rockbird
2008-01-25, 01:08 PM
Vortiger

HP: 25/25
AC: 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15
Initiative 19
Bolts loaded: 4/5

Vortiger shrugs in disgust as the spell releases it's grip upon him, and glances quickly towards Tell.
Thanks. He says simply, before taking aim and throwing the bottle in his hand towards the remaining creatures.

(Throw at Z4, rolls to be found in my previous post. Remember that Z5 and Z1 take 1 splash damage)

Damblynge
2008-01-25, 05:21 PM
Ellylles

Leaping over the pile of bones Ellylles runs to one of the corpses and savagely thrusts his dagger into it's rotting flesh. (move to I6 and attack Z1)

[roll0]
Damage - Dagger - 1 (1d4-3)
[roll1]
[roll2]

cintain
2008-01-26, 01:07 AM
maktul
you're absolutely right, I owe you 9 damage from that attack. Your fort save succeeded, but you did take the hurt. Sorry about that :smallamused:

Vortiger tosses a flask into the fray, which explodes in a wet shower of glass against the corpse and splashes its nearby brethren. The undead writhe as thin tendrils of vapor rise from the places where the holy water struck. Its eyes full of malice, the creature turns and plods towards Vortiger. It attempts to slam against him with arms outstretched, but miscalculates its lunge and Vortiger shrugs off the attack easily.

Prydaran
Z4 provokes and AoO when it moves towards Vortiger. your call...

Toir feels sick to its stomach with the smell of decay and rot. It is as though the smell had penetrated into your being through the wound inflicted by the monster, and your concentration wavers. Still, you swing your mace viciously, and it connects with a wet crunch. The creature recoils, then lifts its arms to strike down again and connects <6 dmg>

Rotting arms seem to come from everywhere at the brave Dromite, who is suddenly in the midst of the throng. Another of the blows from the monsters connects with a thud <9 dmg>.

Suddenly, from its left, Toir feels the air tingling. Instantly, another column of electric blue light pierces the swirling mists, and with a deafening thunderclap the monster to your right is engulfed in brilliance. The smell of charred meat fills the air, but the creature still stands.

Prydaran lashes out at another one of the abominations, ripping bits and pieces off the rotting, hole-ridden frame. Another one of the monstrosities swings its arms heavily at you from your left and misses.

Ellylles jumps into the fray behind the Dromite and thrusts his dagger into the monster that Prydaran was going to town on. The corpse shudders at the point of your dagger, fire and ice extending into it simultaneously, and then it falls to the floor, lifeless. At the same moment, you catch a glimpse of something else coming at you, and you turn just in time to dodge the blow from another of the creatures coming at you from the side.

cintain
2008-01-26, 01:17 AM
I'm waiting for an AoO to resolve (so don't forget about it, maktul)...

but in the interest of keeping everybody moving...

Round 4

Initiative Count

Vortiger 19
Toir 17
Prydaran 16
Z4 (K4), Z5(H4) and Z6 (G7) 12
Tell 12
Ellylles 7
Z1 (dead), Z2(G6), and Z3(H7) 2

Seemingly oblivious to the forces rallied against them, the rotting corpses continue their relentless attack. The smells of decay, burnt flesh, and rot mingle with the damp smell of the mists, creating a choking sense of anticipation...

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/3479/e1round4an4.th.jpg (http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e1round4an4.jpg)

maktul
2008-01-26, 03:22 AM
Prydaran

Prydarans AoO


[roll0]
[roll1]

maktul
2008-01-26, 03:36 AM
Prydaran

HP: 43/69
AC: 15/15/14 (AC/Touch/FF)

Prydaran retrieves a potion of cure light wounds from his backpack (move action, provoking an AoO from Z5), then takes a five foot step forward while telling Toir, "Take it and drink it.". He then stabs at one of the corpses attacking Toir (Z6) with his longspear.



[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Damblynge
2008-01-26, 09:28 AM
Ellylles

HP: 25/25
AC: 23/15/23 (Norm/touch/Flat)

An almost maniacal laughter erupts from Ellylles as he lurches away from the latest corpse and follows his dagger in it's writhing hunger towards the next target (5-ft adjust to J4) and while the creature is distracted by his companion Ellylles plunges his dagger into it's ribcage.
[roll0]
Dagger - 1
[roll1]
[roll2]

Timaoh
2008-01-26, 09:33 AM
Toir

HP: 39/30
PP: 45/51
AC: 18/16/13 (Norm/FF/Touch)
(Sickened -2 on Attack, Dmg, Saves, Skills, etc. etc.)

Seeing that they are making quick work of their foes Toir swings with its mace one final time at the zombie facing it [Z2] and then retreats springing onto its hands in a cartwheel and finishing with a back-tuck to land nimbly in a 3-point stance. Mace held high and wary for more of these things that are attacking them. Toir comments after landing (tumble from H6 -> J6), "tchckt...TOIR-tchkt...SICK-chtckt."

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

All these rolls are with my new shiny -2! :smallbiggrin:

Another_Poet
2008-01-26, 12:20 PM
Tell

Aratos Tell
HP 56/56
AC 19, Touch 10, Flat-footed 18, (AC/T/FF include penalty from Charging)

((I thought I had moved myself to K7 last turn, against the wall. Looking back at the post, I realise I said "against the wall" but forgot to add K7. So I dunno if you'll let me be there instead of were I am.

I'll wait to post my action until I know where Z6 is going. Ideally I'd like to kill Z3 and cleave to hit Z6 but I need to see if that is possible.))

cintain
2008-01-26, 12:28 PM
Tell



Tell

((I thought I had moved myself to K7 last turn, against the wall. Looking back at the post, I realise I said "against the wall" but forgot to add K7. So I dunno if you'll let me be there instead of were I am.

I'll wait to post my action until I know where Z6 is going. Ideally I'd like to kill Z3 and cleave to hit Z6 but I need to see if that is possible.))

Starting out from K7 is fine, go ahead. Z6 is most likely going to stay where he is and attack Toir. His action and yours are simultaneous in the Initiative Count, so unless you want to delay your action, dive right in (i.e., post your action).


Ellylles
That's two squares you're moving, so it isn't really a 5-foot step from where you are (you are the Red circle, currently at I6. In assuming that you didn't roll sneak attack damage, I'll place you at J5 to avoid involving your causing an AoO from Z3.

Another_Poet
2008-01-26, 04:36 PM
Tell

Aratos Tell (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=33889)
Init +1, HP 56/56, Speed 20
AC 19, Touch 10, Flat-footed 18, (counting -2 from charge)


Following up on his lightning bolt Tell rushes in to finish off the burnt corpse (Z3).

((Charging to I7, and putting 3 points into Pwr Attk))

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

((Hoping I can cleave and hit Z6 next...))

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Rockbird
2008-01-27, 12:21 PM
Vortiger

HP: 25/25
AC: 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15
Initiative 19
Bolts loaded: 3/5

Vortiger snarls as the creature misses him, both his face and stance filled with rage. He takes a step back and pulls back a lever at the side of his crossbow, slotting the next bolt into place. He then pulls the trigger and smiles viciously as the bolt hits home.


5-foot to M4, attack.
Attack roll:[roll0](+5 from bab, +4 from dexterity, +1 Enchantment bonus and +1 from Point blank shot)
Damage:[roll1](Enchantment bonus and Point blank shot)

Damblynge
2008-01-27, 03:19 PM
The 5-ft adjust was diagonally.

Rockbird
2008-01-27, 03:28 PM
Uh, What? Going from L4 to M4 seems pretty straight to me?

Damblynge
2008-01-27, 03:48 PM
Sorry. I was responding to Cintain. He said I moved two squares but I moved one diagonally.

cintain
2008-01-27, 06:06 PM
Ellylles

The 5-ft adjust was diagonally

That's precisely it... diagonally, you'll end in J5, not J4. In any event, the zombie moved before you, so now they are out of your reach unless you move one more square. The good news is you're out of everyone's reach for AoO's, so I'll let you take a move action and attack Z4 if you want. Let me know so I can resolve the round... for your benefit, here's things as they stand right before your action

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/6113/e1round45qe0.th.jpg (http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e1round45qe0.jpg)



Vortiger steps back and fires his mechanical contraption, the bolt striking true against his foe. The corpse follows relentlessly, and slams against Vortiger without missing <5 dmg, roll Fortitude>.

Toir swings its mace but the sickness seems to have taken hold of you, making your grip waver, and you miss. You tumble past the elf and catch your breath, realizing the throng would have easily overcome you were it not for the humans.

Prydaran takes the blow he almost expected from the creature on his left as he advances <AoO - 9 dmg, roll Fortitude>. Your grip on your spear slips for an instant, and you miss your attack against your intended target across from the tumbling dromite. The undead to your left slams into you again, and you feel its weight hitting you almost as hard as its stench <5 dmg, roll Fortitude>. As Toir disappears behind you, the creature the Dromite was attacking makes for you instead, slamming its arms against you <7 dmg... sorry dude. roll Fortitude again :smallfrown: >

Prydaran only
Z6 moves into H6, causing an AoO from you.

bits of rotting flesh and bone splatter in all directions as Tell swings his chain into the creature at the corner (Z3)... Following through, Tell lands an equally destructive blow against the creature walking behind it (Z6), making it lose its balance and miss its intended attack on Ellylles (sneaky lucky elf with the high AC :smallamused: )

Damblynge
2008-01-27, 09:04 PM
I'll attack Z4. I got confused. sorry

EDIT: Just to point out. Toir's vicious damage, both to itself and the target wouldn't be affected by the sickness because it's energy not strength. Just like my terrible strength gives me a penalty on damage but doesn't affect my fire/ice damage.

maktul
2008-01-27, 09:50 PM
Prydaran

HP:22/65

Fortitude Saves


[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

(if the effect is a spell-like ability or poison add 2 to the totals please, if not then never mind :smallcool: )

maktul
2008-01-27, 09:54 PM
Prydaran

AoO on Z6



[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

cintain
2008-01-27, 11:31 PM
EDIT: Just to point out. Toir's vicious damage, both to itself and the target wouldn't be affected by the sickness because it's energy not strength. Just like my terrible strength gives me a penalty on damage but doesn't affect my fire/ice damage.

OoC: Thank you for pointing that out - I hadn't realized. :smallcool:

Ellylles darts over behind the corpse attacking Vortiger and pluges his dagger into the creature, shattering a brittle rib. The creature groans and turns.

Pious Thunder sends sparks through the rotting body of the creature to Prydaran's right, as more charred flesh falls to the ground of the intersection.

ROUND 5

Initiative Count

Vortiger 19
Toir 17
Prydaran 16
Z4 (L4), Z5(H4) and Z6 (H6) 12
Tell 12
Ellylles 7
Z2(G5) 2

Prydaran stands surrounded by the remaining creatures, while Ellylles and Vortiger fight one across the alleyway. The creatures seem undaunted by their rapidly decreasing numbers...

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2441/e1round5xw1.th.jpg (http://img444.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e1round5xw1.jpg)

Rockbird
2008-01-28, 02:28 AM
Vortiger

Fortitude:[roll0]

Another_Poet
2008-01-28, 11:35 AM
Tell

Aratos Tell (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=33889)
Init +1, HP 56/56, Speed 20
AC 21, Touch 12, Flat-footed 20

Tell sidesteps and whips his chain into another frenzy - with the skull of the caster still attached.

((Moving 5' step to I6, full attacking Z6 with -2 for PwrAttk))

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

((And if possible, cleaving to attack Z2 as well))

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Timaoh
2008-01-28, 02:00 PM
Toir

HP: 39/30
PP: 40/51
AC: 18/16/13 (Norm/FF/Touch)
(Sickened -2 on Attack, Dmg, Saves, Skills, etc. etc.)

Not feeling comfortable with his nausea or the fact that these things are still coming after them Toir moves quickly to the left (J6 -> J5) and with an ear piercing shriek stretching clawed hands above its head, mandibles widening as the maddening sound continues to grow with intensity and emotion. What was first a humming chirp becomes an inaudible shrill as Toir finally drops its hands to one side and in a fluent guesture thrusts them back at the zombie standing ten feet in front and to Toir's left.
With his elbows touching his hip and fingers spread wide the torent of energy that issues forth from them might have toppled the drome were he not prepared. The heat and ferocity of the blast is staggering as it leaps forward racing to consume the undead threatening Prydaran.

[roll0]
FIREDAMAGE! = (4d6+4)[20]
Reflex save DC:20 half
Strength check DC : 20
distance pushed = 5ft + 5ft per 5 dmg taken.

if it hits a solid object
[roll1]

psychic enervation... if below 10% i will suffer enervation.
[roll2]
(enervation means i lose 5pp and become dazed for 1 round.)

Damblynge
2008-01-28, 06:01 PM
Ellylles

HP: 25/25
AC: 23/15/23 (Norm/touch/Flat)

Stepping in line with the ragged creature (5-foot adjust K4) Ellylles stabs his dagger once more into the rotting flesh.

[roll0]
[roll1] That's why I didn't use the roller. It should be 1.
[roll2]
[roll3]

maktul
2008-01-28, 08:48 PM
Prydaran

HP:22/69
AC:15/15/14 (AC/Touch/FF)

Prydaran tumbles backwards 10 feet (to J5) to regroup. (Tumble to avoid AoO's)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
DC is either 19 for all three or 15 for Z2, 17 for Z5, and 19 for Z6 depending on how you interpret the text. it's page 84 in the PHB. Edit: or doesn't matter because only one succeeded anyway.

Once out of reach he quaff's the potion that Toir left in his hand. (cure light wounds) [roll3]

Timaoh
2008-01-28, 09:56 PM
DC is either 19 for all three or 15 for Z2, 17 for Z5, and 19 for Z6 depending on how you interpret the text. it's page 84 in the PHB. Edit: or doesn't matter because only one succeeded anyway.

Once out of reach he quaff's the potion that Toir left in his hand. (cure light wounds) [roll3]


OOC- It might matter that my attack may push one of them away so they cannot hit you with an aoo. Therby reducing the remaining tumble checks by 2 each.

Rockbird
2008-01-30, 03:09 AM
Vortiger

HP: 20/25
AC: 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15
Initiative 19
Bolts loaded: 2/5

Again taking a step back, somewhat dazed from being struck, Vortiger fires his crossbow again.
Cursed bloody monster, die!

Five foot step to N4
Attack roll:[roll0](+5 from bab, +4 from dexterity, +1 Enchantment bonus and +1 from Point blank shot)
Damage:[roll1](Enchantment bonus and Point blank shot)

cintain
2008-01-30, 03:39 PM
[OoC: the map for Round 6 is at the bottom of this post. Please post your actions and stay tuned for Round 7... I want to get this battle over and done with so we can move on --- aaargh! lost the entire post gotta do it again stupid site]

Vortiger's bolt strikes true, plunging deep into the walking corpse. The creature seems undaunted and trundles ahead, slamming its arm into you again <5 dmg, roll fortitude>

Toir's blast sends the creature flying back in a gust of flame, slamming it into the wall of the tenement across the street, with a loud, wet thud. The creature groans loudly, then resumes its plodding back into the fray.

Prydaran sees his opening and jumps back [OoC: adjusted your tumble to J4 to compensate for Toir moving], the corpse to your right missing by an inch. The one directly in front does connect, though, sending another wave of sickness through you <8 dmg, roll Fortitude>

The creature Toir attacked returns with a vengeance, slamming the Dromite with both arms and knocking the wind out of you for a second <20 dmg! sorry, crit's a crit>

Tell's quarry manages to connect, making your grip slip for an instant, and you miss your attack. The rot and decay emanating from the creature seem to cling to you, as if you could feel the bruise infecting <6 dmg, roll fortitude>

Ellylles follows the creature from behind [OoC: changed your 5-foot step to L4to compensate for the creature moving] and you plunge your dagger into the mass of rotting flesh.

The last of the creatures notices Tell and slams into you with a deep-throated groan <10 dmg, roll Fortitude>

ROUND 6

Initiative Count

Vortiger 19
Toir 17
Prydaran 16
Z4 (M4), Z5(I4) and Z6 (H6) 12
Tell 12
Ellylles 7
Z2(H5) 2


http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/5840/e1round6wj7.th.jpg (http://img256.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e1round6wj7.jpg)

Another_Poet
2008-01-30, 04:19 PM
Tell

[roll0]
[roll1]

Another_Poet
2008-01-30, 04:24 PM
Tell

Aratos Tell (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=33889)
Init +1, HP 40/56, Speed 20
AC 21, Touch 12, Flat-footed 20

Tell steps in front of Toir (I5) to shield it. A the same time, still reeling from the last blow, he waves his hand almoast distractedly at the sky. "That's fine," he mumbles.

The lightning bolt that responds is not so softspoken.
[roll0]

((Please note that with my reach weapon Z6 will have a hard time getting to Toir without provoking an AoO. So I hope he tries!))

maktul
2008-01-30, 09:15 PM
Prydaran

[roll0]


OOC: let me guess, the effect isn't a natural disease either, so Purity of Body doesn't help, :smalltongue: and what a time to roll a 1. So what're the effects again so I can figure out what to do this round, :smallsmile:

Damblynge
2008-01-30, 10:23 PM
Ellylles

Ellylles plunges his dagger over again into the rotting corpse.

[roll0]
Dagger - 1
[roll1]
[roll2]

If Z4 is dead before my turn then Ellylles will spin around and take a few quick steps before diving around Prydaran and his adversary. Tumble to H4 through Z5 (DC 25)
[roll3]

And attack. (use the same rolls as before)

cintain
2008-01-31, 01:23 AM
Prydaran

[roll0]


OOC: let me guess, the effect isn't a natural disease either, so Purity of Body doesn't help, :smalltongue: and what a time to roll a 1. So what're the effects again so I can figure out what to do this round, :smallsmile:


Sickened: -2 to attack rolls, damage rolls, saves and skill checks. your guess is right.

maktul
2008-01-31, 02:17 AM
Prydaran

Prydaran steps back 5 feet (to K4), and stabs twice at the corpse ahead of him (Z5)


[roll0]/[roll1]
[roll2]/[roll3]
[roll4]/[roll5]

Rockbird
2008-01-31, 06:19 AM
Vortiger

HP: 15/25
AC: 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15
Initiative 19
Bolts loaded: 1/5

Fortitude:

Vortiger drops his crossbow, swearing all the way, and draws his sword.
I'll cut you up you beast! You godsdamned bloody...
He swings his sword in a wide arc, bearing down on the monster---

Okay, someone will have to tell me the actions/AOO's that this is. I'm a rules novice, so...

[roll]1d20+10
1d6+2

Rockbird
2008-01-31, 06:31 AM
Attack roll:[roll0]
damage:[roll1]

Timaoh
2008-01-31, 11:36 AM
Just 1 aoo for drawing your sword from each adjacent enemy. Dropping a weapon is a free action. However if you moved even 5 feet you could draw your weapon as a free action as well if you have a Bab of +1.

[roll0]
(not that i think it matters since im already sickened but it might so here's my save)


Toir

HP: 19/30
PP: 40/51
AC: 18/16/13 (Norm/FF/Touch)
(Sickened -2 on Attack, Dmg, Saves, Skills, etc. etc.)

looking around Toir takes note of the situation and lashes out striking the creature (Z2) with a blast of flame before retreating backwards nimbly tucking and dodging as it nears any enemies. (ending up in space L6)

[roll1]
Strength Check DC:20
[roll2]

cintain
2008-02-01, 01:58 AM
Vortiger and Toir
Drawing a weapon does not cause an AoO, just checked. :smallcool:

A hundred revolting thoughts race through Vortiger's mind as he drops his crossbow, yet he manages to still his entrails to draw his sword. He slashes at the creature, but he realizes with horror that cutting the rotting flesh has little effect on the monster. As he does so, the abomination lands a blow across his shoulder with another wave of nauseating stench <12 dmg, roll fortitude>.

Toir sends its enemy reeling back once more with a blast of psychic fire, slamming it into the overturned haycart in an explosion of wood and rotting debris. The Dromite pulls back, taking in the battle, and realizes that his companions are steadily gaining the upper hand. You feel sick to your stomach, and you feel your entrails lurch at the very sight of your wounds.

Prydaran steps back and launches his blinding attack, He realizes a second later that his opponent has ceased moving, and lies in a heap on the ground. You smile inwardly, while the sensation of contamination sweeps through you in another wave of nausea.

As Tell steps sideways in an effort to protect the Dromite, the creature in front of him swings its arms heavily and connects across his brow <9 dmg, roll fortitude>. Your concentration does not waver, and the lightning bolt fries Toir's opponent, still reeling from the fire blast, to a cinder.

Ellylles takes full advantage of the creature's focus on Vortiger and sends his dagger into the walking corpse with a maniacal laugh. The abomination lurches forward, as if suddenly surprised, and then goes stiff, collapsing to the ground with a loud, disgusting sound.

ROUND 7

Initiative Count

Vortiger 19
Toir 17
Prydaran 16
Z6 (H6) 12
Tell 12
Ellylles 7

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/4779/e1round7rw2.th.jpg (http://img153.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e1round7rw2.jpg)

Damblynge
2008-02-01, 08:05 AM
Ellylles

As the creature before him topples over, Ellylles spins around in search of more prey. Spotting the last remaining corpse he darts to it's side (I7) and stabs furiously.

[roll0]
Dagger - 1
[roll1]
[roll2]

Timaoh
2008-02-01, 09:35 AM
If you have a base attack bonus of +1 or higher, you may draw a weapon as a free action combined with a regular move. If you have the Two-Weapon Fighting feat, you can draw two light or one-handed weapons in the time it would normally take you to draw one.

Only if it is combined with a move action. Otherwise it is not considered a 'free action' and is considered a 'move action' which provokes an aoo as stated here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/actionsInCombat.htm).

Toir

Waiting for the others to finish the fightconserving its strength. Toir will instead focus on the wounds covering it's body.

[roll0]

Another_Poet
2008-02-01, 09:59 AM
Tell

Aratos Tell (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=33889)
Init +1, HP 31/56, Speed 20
AC 21, Touch 12, Flat-footed 20

[roll0]

Tell steps back 5 feet and looks up through the mist toward the sky, giving a disgruntled look and creasing his brow.

[roll1]

Another_Poet
2008-02-01, 10:01 AM
((Actually, Tell will move his whole 20' straight back, insead of a 5' step. Rook to M5.)

maktul
2008-02-02, 01:32 PM
Prydaran

Prydaran takes a 5 foot step forward (to J4) and stabs at the last remaining corpse twice.

[roll0]/[roll1]
[roll2]/[roll3]
[roll4]/[roll5]

Rockbird
2008-02-03, 07:17 AM
Vortiger

HP: 3/25
AC: 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15
Initiative 19
Bolts loaded: 1/5

Fortitude:[roll0]

Vortiger heaves a relieved sigh, sheats his sword and picks up his crossbow. He then momentarily touches the candlestick on the string 'round his neck, and a faint smell of burning wood can be sensed.

Cure Light Wounds:[roll1]
Oh, and i don't know if you simply didn't mention it or so, but my sword does piercing damage, which is the same as the arrows. Either you simply didn't mention the arrows being less effective, or you missied it. Ah, whatever :smallsmile:

Timaoh
2008-02-03, 01:26 PM
Toir

Examining its wounds and making a low keening noise Toir seems to be in pain as it's movements are slow and stiff like a venerable old human. It slowly and painfully removes a water bottle from it's bag and starts to wash off some of the more serious looking injuries.

Once it has finished Toir takes a quick drink before replacing the bottle back in its bag. After doing what it can for it's wonds the drome moves closer to where the corpses lay inspecting them more closely, seeing if they carry anything of value or that might identify who they were.


[roll0] looking for identifying marks, jewlery, heirlooms not necessary valuable, that might identify who they were.
[roll1] lewt!

cintain
2008-02-03, 11:16 PM
The last of the undead monstrosities falls under a flurry of electric thrusts from Pious Thunder, a blinding flash from Tell's spell, and Ellylles's sure dagger, crumbling to the ground half-burnt.

As the last sounds of the fight die away, the mists slowly settle again into the streets. An odd, heavy silence seems to creep into the crossroads with the mist, giving each of you a sensation of uneasiness and impending danger. After a few seconds, you catch the eerie, faint echo of something from somewhere deeper in the settlement. It sounds like a low, mournful groan, followed by a ghostly scream, then nothing.

[OoC: all right everyone, let's have a listen check]

Toir
The corpses carry nothing of value and no distinguishing features or objects. In fact, as you inspect them, they seem to become brittle, as if they were crumbling into dust under your hand. The smell of decay fills your nostrils and it combines with the sickening sensation in the pit of your stomach.

Another_Poet
2008-02-03, 11:21 PM
Tell

As the monster falls to the ground Tell places one hand over his heart and murmurs.

[roll0]

When the moan and shriek break the silence, he ***** his head and freezes.

[roll1]

Damblynge
2008-02-03, 11:47 PM
Ellylles

Cocking his head at the noise Ellylles listens intently.

[roll0]

Rockbird
2008-02-04, 01:16 AM
Vortiger

The last of the monsters finally eviscerated, Vortiger heaves a relieved sigh.
Well i'll be damned... he murmurs.

Listen:[roll0]

Timaoh
2008-02-04, 09:44 AM
Toir

Toir's antenae wiggle waggle as it searches the corpses alert for any other danger that might be lurking nearby.

[roll0]Haha beatcha by 1.

cintain
2008-02-04, 03:57 PM
tsk, tsk... your ears must be ringing from all that fighting, guys... :smallamused:

The sounds die and the silence settles around you along with the mist. The boarded-up doors and windows of the tenements in the village add to the sense of foreboding, and you realize that as you fought, the last of the daylight left completely. The gloom of the night envelops you and all around you seems deserted. Looking at the surroundings, you realize that the destruction seems recent... it can't have been more than a week since this haycart was attacked. However, there is no one in sight, and no sounds in the air.

suddenly, you catch a distant scream again, brought to you keening and distorted through the chill night air.

Another_Poet
2008-02-04, 04:56 PM
Tell

((Can I tell if the hay has been eaten at all? It seems odd that no horses or wild animals would chomp on it if all the villagers are gone. [roll0] ))

cintain
2008-02-04, 05:22 PM
Tell

((Can I tell if the hay has been eaten at all? It seems odd that no horses or wild animals would chomp on it if all the villagers are gone. [roll0] ))

no, it hasn't. good one. for all you can see, no animals dug into it before it started spoiling. It is slightly moldy now, so this confirms the initial assessment: it can't have been more than a week - 10 days tops.

Timaoh
2008-02-04, 05:28 PM
Toir

HP: 19/30
PP: 37/51
AC: 18/16/13 (Norm/FF/Touch)
Status: (Sickened -2 on Attack, Dmg, Saves, Skills, etc. etc.)

Uncertain and someone agitated by the noises although the darkness is more comforting than the daylight the dromite looks around at it's new companions and asks. "Tchkt...Heal?"

Another_Poet
2008-02-04, 06:50 PM
Tell

Not directly answering the bug, Tell speaks up:

"I think we should all get out of this town. I can keep us safe in the woods. Those wolves will be better than whatever destroyed this place."

maktul
2008-02-05, 11:11 PM
Prydaran

After the scream fades Prydaran concentrates, meditating (uses Wholeness of body for 7 points, raising his current hp to 30).

([roll0])

Responding to Tells comment, he replies, "That would require us to leave any survivors to their fate." Looking at the others in the group, "I don't know there are any survivors, but I received a letter requesting my help for this place. The letter and the messenger that brought it lead me to believe that someone must have survived. At least long enough to write the letter and someone was able to leave this place alive. Therefor, I say that we attempt to find any survivors."

Prydaran pauses, then smiles and with a shrug says, "I will continue through the town searching for survivors, and I would not turn down any help that is offered."

OOC: Sorry for the late post, I've had some things come up rl, as well as trying to get a game started here that I missed my cue, :smallredface:

Rockbird
2008-02-06, 06:13 AM
Vortiger

Vortiger walks up to Toir, and swiftly touches first his candlestick and then Toir's forehead. Yet again the stench of burning wood fill the air and goes away swiftly enough for one to doubt it was ever there.
Here. He then turns towards the dwarf.
You're damn right... Prydaien, was it? We can't leave the people here to that gruesome fate. I'll help you look.

Cure Light Wounds:[roll0] (I convert doom for the slot)
Oh, and the misspell on Prydaran's name is intentional :smalltongue:

Another_Poet
2008-02-06, 09:31 AM
Tell

Tell shrugs. "It's a noble thought, but a blind eye." He walks over and kicks the hay. "This hasn't been touched in a week or more. Not one animal survived the attack. No bird or rat was willing to come in here and grab even one load of the stuff. And I assure you, animals always, always survive these things better than people. So what does that tell you?"

Tell stares patiently at the monk.

Timaoh
2008-02-06, 10:02 AM
Toir

HP: 23/30
PP: 37/51
AC: 18/16/13 (Norm/FF/Touch)

Wiggling it's antenae happily having recieved some healing the Dromite seems ready to move on, almost eager to find more undead to destroy.

maktul
2008-02-06, 11:51 AM
Prydaran

Prydaran nods to Vortiger, "Thank you," he says simply. Turning he looks at Tell. "I know more about these creatures we fought than animals, however, if there are any folk that survived, they would be holed up someplace defensible. It also seems to me that with any of these," Prydaran kicks what is left of the corpse next to him, "around, animals wouldn't come near it. I may be completely off, as I am basing that conclusion on what people would do, but it seems logical. Please, if I'm wrong let me know. If I were part of this town, cleaning up an overturned hay cart would be the least of my worries while semi-living corpses stalk the streets."

"What do the rest of you think?" Prydaran waits calmly for someone else to add to the conversation.

Damblynge
2008-02-06, 06:09 PM
Ellylles

"I agree with the dwarf. No animal is going to come anywhere near this place as long as there are more of these things," he says as he waves his hand towards the corpses. "And if there are more of Those," he points to the pile of bones lying near the alleyway, "We shouldn't be either." Ellylles turns to the rest of the party. "Unless anyone else has anything to say I think we should find a nice grove in the forest or an easily defensible building and get out of the open."

Another_Poet
2008-02-06, 06:31 PM
Tell

Tell nods. "We won't be saving anyone if we walk into a trap, and it's clear we've got the attention of these things. I got a letter too, and I wouldn't be here if I was completely without a heart. But those letters were written weeks ago and right now our options are limited. Let's get out of town till morning and look around then."

cintain
2008-02-06, 10:06 PM
As Tell finishes speaking, a long, low howl breaks the gloom sharply and sends a shiver down all your spines. It seems to be coming from behind you, towards the entrance to the town. The tenements, hazy in the mist, seem to offer as little security from the evils that gather around you as the forest you just left. A door, left ajar by one of the walking corpses across the crossroads, creaks slowly and then slams against its frame.

A gust of wind stirs the mist ever so slightly, and this time it brings with it the unmistakeable sound of a woman's scream from deeper inside the town.

Another_Poet
2008-02-06, 10:45 PM
Tell

"It's a trap," Tell reiterates. "Let us go to the forest and fortify ourselves."

maktul
2008-02-06, 10:51 PM
Prydaran

"Trap or not, I won't leave when someone might still be alive." Prydaran looks around carefully, "If you feel that traveling forward would be deeper into this so called trap, there are two other directions for us to head. I do suggest we make up our minds and either split up or choose a direction and go that way."

Another_Poet
2008-02-06, 11:06 PM
Tell looks up at the dark, foggy sky. He sighs. Although he clearly can't see the clouds, he adds: "My lightning is with me a little longer. I'll come with you and do my best to help. I have to warn you that if things go badly I will leave without you."

He looks left, right, and straight ahead.

"As for which way to go, may as well follow the scream."

maktul
2008-02-07, 01:13 AM
Prydaran

"Forward it is then." Prydaran heads down the road at a steady pace, Pious Thunder held ready as he moves.

Timaoh
2008-02-07, 11:33 AM
Toir

The small dromite nods enthusiastically at the mention of more fighting. "Tchkt-TOIR...tchkt...FIGHT!" The bug says almost grinning if bugs or mandibles were capable of doing so. Then follows towards the sound of the scream keeping to the middle of the group.

Another_Poet
2008-02-07, 11:50 AM
Tell

Tell follows 20' behind the head of the group, weapon in hand and keeping an eye out behind them.

[roll0]

Rockbird
2008-02-08, 02:14 AM
Vortiger

Swiftly scouring the battlesite, Vortiger retrieves his crossbow bolts and reloads his crossbow, then hurrying to catch up with Prydaran and Toir. When he passes Tell, he slows for a moment. While i understand you wishing to stay in this life, and your lightning is a damn welcome aid, consider that if you run you may risk the life of many indeed. A slight smile taks some of the edge from his words, but his eyes help them regain it. He then hurries forward before Tell has a chance to answer.

cintain
2008-02-08, 11:34 PM
You advance into the town, the shapes of your companions becoming more or less hazy as the mist swirls around you. After crossing the street, you walk past more boarded up tenements and barricaded houses. The makeshift protections seem to have been ineffective, as you can see the gaping darkness beyond the debris.

The mist clears for a moment, and you can make out a street branching off to your right. Beyond it, a human body lies face-down in the street amidst heaps of garbage. One of the buildings facing the street has its door smashed in, reinforcing the sense of helplessness that pervades the town.

As you stare around you at the bleak scene, a soft chittering noise breaks the silence. You see a rat, large and black, lift its head from the pile of refuse and regard you. something dangles sickly from its mouth.

[OoC: Place yourselves on the map anywhere from E to I, 5 to 8, and tell me what you're doing now (if anything). You get one action, then roll initiative]

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/73/e2round0zb6.th.jpg (http://img528.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e2round0zb6.jpg)

Damblynge
2008-02-09, 12:40 AM
Ellylles

Darting from shadow to shadow Ellylles finds himself crouching in a corner (I8) fingering his dagger and almost hoping something would leap out. "God damn wino. I wouldn't be here if that bastard didn't have expensive tastes." he quietly mutters to himself.

Hopefully hiding in the shadows from everything.
[roll0]

Rockbird
2008-02-09, 03:38 AM
Vortiger

Following the example of Ellylles, Vortiger darts to the side of the street (H8), immersing himself in shadow. His crossbow at the ready, he quivers with anticipation.
Show yourself, bloody bastard...

Rockbird
2008-02-09, 03:40 AM
Hide:[roll0]

Another_Poet
2008-02-09, 03:52 AM
Tell

(( How fresh is the body? [roll0] ))

Tell stops at F7, surveying the area and getting the feeling it's time for the showdown. He takes his right hand off his battle chain for a moment and murmurs, "Yes, you too my friend." An orb of fire appears beside him, in F6.

((Casting Flaming Sphere (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/flamingSphere.htm).))

Another_Poet
2008-02-09, 03:53 AM
Trying again: [roll0]

Timaoh
2008-02-09, 08:56 AM
Toir

HP: 53/30
PP: 32/51
AC: 18/16/13 (Norm/FF/Touch)

Using Vigor to boost it's hp. Toir will chase the rat trying to catch and eat it.

cintain
2008-02-11, 07:09 PM
Tell
From where you are, the body looks relatively intact despite the presence of the rats. Roll spot for me.

As the rest of you take careful positions around the intersection, Toir charges head on against the rat, sending it scuttling in a panic down the intersection. The moment is does so, a dozen others emerge from beneath the corpse and join it as it runs away.

[OoC: OK, guys, roll initiative.]

Timaoh
2008-02-11, 09:44 PM
Toir

HP: 53/30
PP: 32/51
AC: 18/16/13 (Norm/FF/Touch)


[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Damblynge
2008-02-11, 10:29 PM
Ellylles

HP - 25/25
AC - 23/23/15 (norm/ff/touch)

[roll0]

*still hiding*

maktul
2008-02-12, 01:27 AM
Prydaran

HP: 28/69
AC: 15/15/14 (AC/FF/Touch)

Prydaran will be located in I-6, and his free action will be to use his the last of his wholeness of body (7 more points of healing to raise his hp to 28).

[roll0]

Rockbird
2008-02-12, 02:39 AM
Vortiger
HP: 13/25
AC: 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15
Bolts loaded: 5/5

Initiative:[roll0]

*Is also still hiding*

Another_Poet
2008-02-12, 09:17 AM
Tell

Aratos Tell (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=33889)
Init +1, HP 50/56, Speed 20
AC 21, Touch 12, Flat-footed 20

[roll0]
[roll1]

cintain
2008-02-12, 07:18 PM
ROUND 1
Initiative Count

Ellylles, Prydaran 21
M1 (N5), M2 (O6), M3 (O7) 20
Tell 19
Z3 (M4), Z5(N3) 18
Z1 (F9), Z2(K8), Z4(G4) 15
Toir 6
Vortiger 5

Tell
As Toir charges in after the rat and his feet kick up the refuse, you catch a glimpse of something large and white writhing from underneath the corpse. Your instinct and experience about such situations conflict with what you see, and for an instant you refuse to believe it
"no maggot can grow that size..."
Grown orders of magnitude too large, three glistening segmented worms crawl over the corpse. Jaws dripping ichor and rotten flesh, they move towards the Dromite making sounds no creature was meant to...

Toir
One, two, ten, twenty, thirty rats and more gather a short distance ahead of you in the shadows. Clear of the garbage, dozens of pairs of little eyes look at you in eerie stillness. You hesitate for an instant, breaking your charge, as you realize with horror that the rats are now moving toward you with one mind. Before you can decide what to do, the corpse in front of you shudders and three fat, disgusting maggots, larger than you've ever seen, crawl out from underneath it. They bare their jaws, dripping ichor and dead flesh, and then move toward you as well...

All of you (except Toir) hear the creaking of tenement doors and feel dread welling up within you. The air is filled with the all-too familiar groans of the monsters which seem to have risen yet again, refusing to die until you've succumbed to them, the stench of their unholy rot choking the swirling mists...

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6717/e2round1iw7.th.jpg (http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e2round1iw7.jpg)

maktul
2008-02-12, 07:27 PM
Prydaran

HP:28/69
AC:15/15/14 (AC/FF/Touch)

Prydaran grimly moves 15 feet forward (to L6) and attacks the maggot to the right of Toir (M1).

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]


OOC:woot for crits

maktul
2008-02-12, 07:37 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Another_Poet
2008-02-13, 10:02 AM
((Cintain, I'm gonna assume I can see the zombies coming through the tenement doors; if not I hold the following action till I do.))

Tell
Aratos Tell (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=33889)
Init +1, HP 50/56, Speed 20
AC 21, Touch 12, Flat-footed 20

Tell holds his ground as the doors swing open around him. He calls out to the sky while waving the ball of fire at his side to roll into the nearest house. Whatever undead creature was coming out is instantly enveloped in both lightning and fire.

[roll0] (standard action)
[roll1] (move action)

((The zombie gets a DC 15 Ref save to negate the 2d6. Either way, the sphere is now in the zombie's square, so if that affects its movement at all, huzzah. It should light up the interior of the building so I can see if there are any moe zombies following the first (are there?). Additionally, the sphere could potentially catch the house on fire, which I frankly kind of hope it does.))

Damblynge
2008-02-13, 07:10 PM
Ellylles

HP - 25/25
AC - 23/23/15 (norm/ff/touch) (-2 for the round)

(Z4 is the only opponent Ellylles could conceivably see so...)
With a resigned sigh Ellylles starts sprinting towards the zombie emerging from the door across the street (If I even know it's there) while whipping his dagger out of his belt and drives it into the rotting flesh of his adversary.

(Charge: 5ft adjust to H7, charge to G5 (+2 attack, -2 AC)
[roll0]
Damage - Dagger - 1
[roll1]
[roll2]

Rockbird
2008-02-14, 10:42 AM
Vortiger

Vortiger'll hide out 'til it's his turn, then shoot whatever's closest.

Attack Roll:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
Sneak Attack (Probably not appliccable, but eh...):[roll2]

Timaoh
2008-02-14, 02:17 PM
Toir

HP: 53/30
PP: 32/51
AC: 18/16/13 (Norm/FF/Touch)

Looking up from the rat it was chasing Toir will blast the first hostile thing he sees who is not an ally.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
Failed DC: 18 Str Check
[roll3]
for every 5 points of damage the creature is pushed back +5ft

cintain
2008-02-15, 12:52 AM
Ellylles stabs at the creature, its spongy flesh yielding with a wet sound. The abomination groans, almost as if surprised, and swings at you uselessly.

Prydaran manipulates Pious Thunder with superb dexterity, tearing at the giant maggot's flesh with churning sounds. Bits of ichor fall to the ground, and the creature seems to recoil before turning its mandibles onto more yielding prey. Simultaneously, two of the animate corpses approach Prydaran from both sides, attempting to flank him. The one on the right misses as he plods mindlessly against you, but the one on the left strikes true <6 dmg>. You feel a renewed wave of nausea pass over you, and you grit your teeth.

Prydaran
(OoC: you get an AoO against one of either Z2 when he leaves K8, or Z3 leaving K4. Your pick...)

Suddenly, a blue-white flash lights up the mists, and a deafening crack follows. Engulfed in both lightning and flame, another of the corpses retreats into the tenement from which it emerged, staggering. The door of the shack facing the street creaks, and the smell of burning wood passes over your nostrils. The flames dance uneasily on the wood of the door, then they flare up briefly as they catch.

Two of the maggots bite Toir <17 dmg from both bites combined>, and a new wave of horror sweeps over you as you feel numbness and tingling radiating out from the wounds, making your limbs feel heavy [roll fortitude]. Toir retaliates by invoking his blasting powers, and one of the worms flies back, crashing into the rats which simply move away slightly to make room for it. Their eyes gaze intently, but they do nothing else...

Vortiger watches with cold-blooded resolve as one of the corpses charges across the street towards Tell, seemingly oblivious to his presence in the shadows. Gauging its plodding movements carefully, Vortiger looses his bolt right as the creature passes directly in front of him. The creature stops, groans and waves its head, then continues to stagger towards Tell.

Vortiger
there is a very good chance that the zombie did not see you, even after you attacked him. bear that in mind for your next action

Please post your missing rolls for this round (saves, AoO's, etc), in the same post as your actions for next round.

ROUND 2
Initiative Count

Ellylles, Prydaran 21
M1 (N5), M2 (P6), M3 (N7) 20
Tell 19
Z3 (L5), Z5(I6) 18
Z1 (F10), Z2(K7), Z4(G4) 15
Toir 6
Vortiger 5

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/9667/e2round2hc2.th.jpg (http://img99.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e2round2hc2.jpg)

Timaoh
2008-02-15, 08:23 AM
Toir

HP: 36/30
PP: 29/51
AC: 18/16/13 (Norm/FF/Touch)

Recoiling with shock as the maggots strike, Toir raises his arms to fend them off even while calming all thoughts and attempting to summon more vitality to the surface of its thoughts to protect against the damage that is to come.

[roll0]
[roll1]

(Trying to manifest Toir's Vigor for another 30 temp. hp)

Another_Poet
2008-02-15, 10:34 AM
Tell
Aratos Tell (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=33889)
Init +1, HP 50/56, Speed 20
AC 21, Touch 12, Flat-footed 20

"Huh." The comment is Tell's only reaction to the zombie's retreat.

He swipes his free hand hard to his right, and the ball of fire leaps from the burning building, taking on the appearance of a comet as is cuts through the foggy night air and crashes into the zombie in front of him (Z5). At the same time he commands another bolt of lightning.

[roll0] DC15 ref negates
[roll1]

maktul
2008-02-15, 10:39 AM
Prydaran

HP:22/69
AC:15/15/14

Prydaran will use his AoO against Z3.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

OOC: another crit is wonderful, against an undead? at least I did max damage.


[roll3]

Prydaran will take a 5 foot step to L7 to attak a Maggot (M1)


[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Rockbird
2008-02-16, 11:20 AM
Vortiger
HP: 13/25
AC: 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15
Bolts loaded: 3/5

Muttering curses under his breath, Vortiger fires at the zombie again.

[roll0]
[roll1]
(At Z5. Gah, why zombies? I want to sneak attack something! :smallannoyed: :smalltongue:)

Damblynge
2008-02-16, 12:18 PM
Ellylles

HP - 25/25
AC - 23/23/15 (norm/ff/touch)

Staring grimly ahead at the abomination Ellylles continues to pump his arm, driving the dagger into the rotting flesh yet again.

[roll0]
Dagger - 1
[roll1]
[roll2]

cintain
2008-02-16, 01:19 PM
Well, I submit to you, it does seem like you're getting better at killing zombies despite your griping :smallamused:

Ellylles tears chunks off the creature on the doorstep, messing up its aim and deftly dodging its futile attempts at hitting you.

Prydaran stabs the maggot from behind Toir, impaling it with a shudder of sparks. The worm falls dead, splattering ichor and innards in all directions. Its companion (M3) strikes at Toir, its jaws missing their mark with a deaf clack.

The remaining worm lurches forward from amidst the rats and bites Toir fully, its jaws glancing off the dromite's arm. <9 dmg, roll fortitude> The rats flinch at the movements of all combatants, but continue to stand still, waiting unnervingly...

Lightning and fire explode all around the intersection under Tell's watchful gaze. The walking corpse stands on the street listlessly as it is charred from above and all sides. Then, it advances relentlessly and strikes at Tell, missing by mere inches and leaving a smell of burnt flesh in the air. The monstrosity that had previously been burned emerges from the burning tenement with a crash and charges at Tell, but manages to miss its target, blundering forward in a mess of elbows and knees.

The corpse to Prydaran's right (Z3) plods toward the dwarf (AoO, again), and swings at the empty air clumsily. Prydaran realizes almost too late that another one of the creatures is standing right behind him, and manages to swerve as it attacks, avoiding the blow by a hairsbreadth.

Toir lurches, its head swimming from the smells and the sickening numbness spreading under its skin. however, he manages to draw forth his inner power, and feels vitalized... (OoC: you got the Vigor, just barely. you'd better succeed on another fort save now, buddy)

Vortiger's bolt hits home, sending the creature's shoulder twitching at a sickening angle, but it seems to take no notice as it prepares to attack Tell again...

Please post your missing rolls for this round (saves, AoO's, etc), in the same post as your actions for next round.

ROUND 3
Initiative Count

Ellylles, Prydaran 21
M2 (N5), M3 (N7) 20
Tell 19
Z3 (L6), Z5 (G7) 18
Z1 (F8), Z2(K7), Z4(G4) 15
Toir 6
Vortiger 5

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/8093/e2round3wi4.th.jpg (http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e2round3wi4.jpg)

Timaoh
2008-02-16, 02:39 PM
Toir

HP: 55/30
PP: 29/51
AC: 18/16/13 (Norm/FF/Touch)

[roll0]

(that can't be good.)

Rockbird
2008-02-16, 03:16 PM
Uh, yeah... I think i'll hold my action 'til i know what happens to Toir now :smallamused:

Damblynge
2008-02-16, 03:28 PM
Ellylles

HP - 25/25
AC - 23/23/15 (norm/ff/touch)

Ellylles continues his grim task and pounds his dagger into the zombie once more.

[roll0]
Dagger - 1
[roll1]
[roll2]

cintain
2008-02-17, 01:01 AM
[OoC: I am putting this here because all of you (except the elf with the shish-kebab in the works :smallwink: ) should take it into consideration for your next action.]

Toir
(Paralyzation!)

Toir feels the numbness spread under his skin at the spot where the maggot bit him. An instant later, the numbness becomes a combination of heaviness and cold, unnaturally climbing your limbs. You gasp as you feel the sensation travel into your body, making your breath labored and your heartbeat pound in your head. Your kness feel like so much pudding, and you collapse. Unable to even feel the impact as this alien, listless thing that was your body rebels against your will, you watch in horror as the maws of the maggot inch ever closer...

[OoC: Toir gets a new saving throw each round until it shakes the paralyzation, or... well, let's not talk about that right now. So, roll...]

All of you except Ellylles watch as Toir collapses to the ground, surrounded by the giant maggots. Just an instant before, Prydaran catches a glimpse of Toir grimacing and then beginning to shiver uncontrollably. As he collapses, you can hear the dromite's labored breathing, and watch in horror as the maggots turn their segmented bodies towards you...

Timaoh
2008-02-17, 08:44 AM
Toir

HP: 55/30
PP: 29/51
AC: 18/16/13 (Norm/FF/Touch)
<Paralyzed>


[roll0]
for the secondary roll on the failed save if it counts as poison.
Otherwise;
[roll1]

(I'm too young to die! I just got out of my larval stage 2 weeks ago! :smalleek: )

Rockbird
2008-02-18, 09:13 AM
Vortiger

Oh no you don't, damn you! Vortiger bellows, as he rushes from his hiding place towards the fallen Toir, weaving and dodging past monsters and allies alike. Still running, he produces his candlestick and prepares to heal the downed Insect.

Move to L5, through I7-J6-K5 and then cast CLW on Toir
Tumble to avoid AoO's when approperiate (Not sure how many...)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4] (if it's needed) Boo-yah, natural twenty!

Another_Poet
2008-02-18, 12:20 PM
Tell

Aratos Tell (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=33889)
Init +1, HP 50/56, Speed 20
AC 21, Touch 12, Flat-footed 20

((I should get an attack of opportunity on one of the two zombies that attacked me. 10' reach, huzzah! I'll wait to see how this resolves to post my round 3 actions))

As Tell is attacked by the two zombies he lashes out with his spiked chain.

[roll0] (-2 for pwr atk)
[roll1] (+4 for pwr atk)
[roll2]

((In case I kill the first one, here are my rolls for my cleave:))
[roll3] (-2 for pwr atk)
[roll4] (+4 for pwr atk)
[roll5]

maktul
2008-02-18, 06:23 PM
Prydaran


HP:22/69
AC:15/15/14 (AC/Touch/FF)


[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Prydaran's face tightens in anger as he sees his ally paralyzed, he stabs at the maggot that bit into Toir, and his foot kicks out at the zombie that has been pursuing him.

[roll3] (against M3)
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6] (against Z3)
[roll7]

cintain
2008-02-19, 12:23 AM
Tell

Aratos Tell (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=33889)
Init +1, HP 50/56, Speed 20
AC 21, Touch 12, Flat-footed 20

((I should get an attack of opportunity on one of the two zombies that attacked me. 10' reach, huzzah! I'll wait to see how this resolves to post my round 3 actions))

As Tell is attacked by the two zombies he lashes out with his spiked chain.

[roll0] (-2 for pwr atk)
[roll1] (+4 for pwr atk)
[roll2]

((In case I kill the first one, here are my rolls for my cleave:))
[roll3] (-2 for pwr atk)
[roll4] (+4 for pwr atk)
[roll5]

OoC: OK, just to be clear... was this your AoO, or your normal attack for round 3? In case it is the former, it missed and you should give me new rolls for your action for this round.
You still have a flaming sphere and a couple of lightning bolts kicking around, no? unless my math is not quite right there... :smalltongue:

@ Rockbird: tumbling all the way to where Toir is would take two move actions, since tumbling to avoid AoO's is done at half your speed. I'll assume you're doing that and casting your spell as your action next round (unless I hear dissension... :smallconfused: )

Timaoh
2008-02-19, 09:37 AM
Toir

Stands really really still.

Rockbird
2008-02-19, 09:42 AM
OoC: OK, just to be clear... was this your AoO, or your normal attack for round 3? In case it is the former, it missed and you should give me new rolls for your action for this round.
You still have a flaming sphere and a couple of lightning bolts kicking around, no? unless my math is not quite right there... :smalltongue:

@ Rockbird: tumbling all the way to where Toir is would take two move actions, since tumbling to avoid AoO's is done at half your speed. I'll assume you're doing that and casting your spell as your action next round (unless I hear dissension... :smallconfused: )

Okay, i may just have been misreading the rules here. I am moving a total of 20 feet, with a max speed of 30. I think i'll be tumbling twice, doubling the move through that square, increasing the total move to 30 feet. Am i missing something here?

Another_Poet
2008-02-19, 09:54 AM
Tell

Aratos Tell (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=33889)
Init +1, HP 50/56, Speed 20
AC 21, Touch 12, Flat-footed 20

((That was my AoO. Here is Round 3:))

Tell glances at the insect as it falls, but does not move toward it. He edges back (to E6) and continues his magical onslaught. He calls in his bolt of lightning on the head of Z5:

[roll0]

If Z5 is still up, he brings his flaming sphere to bear on it; otherwise it rolls over the corpse and hits Z1.

[roll1] (Ref save DC 15 negates.)

cintain
2008-02-21, 10:41 AM
Ellylles stabs, weaves and dodges, connecting with the animate corpse in the doorway. The creature tries to slam into you, missing yet again. Just in time, you notice a large, slick, segmented maggot the size of a small dog crawl out of the darkness and snap at you with ichor-dripping jaws.

Prydaran is a flurry, stabbing left and right, yet gradually you find yourself surrounded on three sides, with your back against the wall of a tenement. Out of the corner of your eye, you see flames licking up, lazily and slowly, at the thatched roofs to your right. The corpse directly in front of you slams into you <6 dmg>, and you clutch Pious Thunder while gritting your teeth. You hit back and then turn to stab a maggot. The worm snaps at you as it moves in closer [AoO, if you want it], barely missing.

Another sizzling bolt of lightning fills the street, charring the corpse in front of Tell to a cinder. The flaming sphere rolls under your control, engulfing the abomination standing before the burning tenement. Before it is completely overwhelmed by the fire, the creature slams your with its partly-charred, stinking arm, burying bits of rotting flesh and grit into your skin. <7 dmg, roll fortitude>

From its vantage point, Toir cannot believe its luck as both worms simply pass by it and move on beyond sight. Then a chittering sound snatches the dromite's attention, and you watch in horror and helplessness as...

Vortiger somersaults across the street, dodging the clumsy dives of one of the corpses as it passes, then feeling the heat of Tell's flaming sphere. You weave around another corpse and stop in front of the dromite. As you reach for your candlestick your eyes widen.

Of one bestial, ravenous mind, hundreds of glittering, beady eyes move towards you and Toir, making the ground seem like it is alive and writhing with hunger. You feel a chill of fear and nausea as the rats climb over the corpse, covering it completely and moving towards the helpless shape of Toir, who stands in a stiff, unlikely position beside you...

[@ Rockbird: please see my ruling about your action in the OoC thread]

Please post your missing rolls for this round (saves, AoO's, etc), in the same post as your actions for next round.

ROUND 4
Initiative Count

Ellylles, Prydaran 21
M2 (H5), M3 (M7) 20
Tell 19
Z3 (L6) 18
Z1 (F8), Z2(K7), Z4(G4) 15
RS (M5, M6, N5, N6) 14
Toir 6 <paralyzed>
Vortiger 5

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/6797/e2round4qa7.th.jpg (http://img295.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e2round4qa7.jpg)

Another_Poet
2008-02-21, 02:14 PM
Tell

Aratos Tell (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=33889)
Init +1, HP 43/56, Speed 20
AC 21, Touch 12, Flat-footed 20

[roll0]

Tell waves the fireball forward. It crashes into Z1 with a fiery crackle:

[roll1] ref save DC 15 negates

If it still stands, he also calls down his lightning bolt on its head; if not he directs it instead at Z2.

[roll2]

Damblynge
2008-02-21, 11:43 PM
Ellylles

At the appearance of the maggot Ellylles dives into a roll past Z4 into G3.
[roll0] (DC=25) (This means that if the maggot moves into the building it has to move through the zombie's square and since I threaten that square I get an AoO)

Once past the zombie Ellylles will hack at it's back. (Or at it's front if the tumble fails)
[roll1]
Damage - 1
[roll2]
[roll3]

Timaoh
2008-02-23, 11:28 AM
Toir (round 4)

HP: 55/30
PP: 29/51
AC: 18/16/13 (Norm/FF/Touch)
<Paralyzed>

Autohypnosis - (1d20+11)[12] [Fail]

Toir tries mightily to break free of the grasp of the toxins ravaging its helpless body. Perspiration beads on brow and antenae alike as they quiver with the strain and effort. The only sign that the dromite hasn't already been overwhelmed by the poison is the intensity and tenacity mirrored in every facet of its eyes. Helpless and vulnerable to everything around it, Toir watches in horror as its foes converge on allies and attack relentlessly. Toir can do nothing but fight with the only thing it has left at it's disposal. It's mind.

Rockbird
2008-02-25, 01:16 PM
Vortiger
HP: 13/25
AC: 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15
Bolts loaded: 3/5

Steeling himself for the inevitable Vortiger reaches for the struggling Dromite, acrid smoke billowing momentarily from the candlestick.


[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

maktul
2008-02-28, 10:13 AM
Prydaran

HP: 16/69
AC: 15/15/14 (AC/FF/Touch)


Prydaran punches and kicks at the maggot in front of him.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

cintain
2008-02-28, 08:18 PM
Ellylles leaps, weaving through between the walking corpse and the door frame. You can hear the snarling of the maggot as it approaches, yet it does not get even close. The rotting abomination turns and clumsily swings at you to no avail. Your dagger punches another rotten-entrail-ridden hole through the monster. Beyond it, you can see the flames lazily licking the walls of the tenement across the street.

Prydaran focuses on the maggot, hearing its sickening mass crunch underneath you, yet you get the sense that not all your blows connect properly. Unfortunately, the creature manages to catch your last punch in its jaws, biting hard <7 dmg, roll Fortitude> and leaving a tendril of gooey saliva on your forearm as it rears up for another attack. You feel a tingly, numbing sensation spread from the bite.

Tell's flaming sphere burns away at the corpse, which shudders and cracks as its innards combust and its bones explode. The creature is no more, and its remains crumble amidst the flames.
Another bolt of lightning breaches the mist behind Prydaran, leaving behind a stench of burning, rotting flesh. The charred creature takes a swing at the dwarf, but he manages to duck out of harm's way. just as you're thinking of what to do next, you hear the snarling of a gigantic maggot crawling towards you, and barely manage to move out of the way of its bite as it lunges.

Another of the undead monsters realizes that Vortiger stands next to him, and attempts to hit you, missing. You finish your spell, restoring Toir's vigor <heal 9 hp>, but the Dromite remains stiff and unmoving, its legs and abdomen covered with rats. The animals bite swarn over the Dromite, biting furiously at every bit of exposed flesh under the waist <3 dmg, roll fortitude>.

Please remember to post your missing rolls for this round (saves, AoO's, etc), in the same post as your actions for next round.


ROUND 5
Initiative Count

Ellylles, Prydaran 21
M2 (H5), M3 (M7) 20
Tell 19
Z3 (L6) 18
Z2(K7), Z4(G4) 15
RS (M5, M6, N5, N6) 14
Toir 6 <paralyzed>
Vortiger 5

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/6128/e2round5qk4.th.jpg (http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e2round5qk4.jpg)

Damblynge
2008-02-28, 08:28 PM
Ellylles

"Die already!" Ellylles shouts at the creature pressuring him.

[roll0]
Dagger - 1
[roll1]
[roll2]

Timaoh
2008-02-28, 08:38 PM
Toir (round 5)

HP: 55/30
PP: 29/51
AC: 18/16/13 (Norm/FF/Touch)
<Paralyzed>

[roll0]
[roll1]

maktul
2008-02-28, 09:02 PM
Prydaran



Posting fort save first in case it fails.

[roll0]

And if it's a poison (or spell like effect, I doubt that but maybe the first), it's +2 more on the roll

maktul
2008-02-28, 10:33 PM
Prydaran


OOC: Warning, attempted crazy follows this spoiler


HP: 9/69
AC:15/15/16 (AC/FF/Touch)

Prydaran attempts to trip the zombie attacking him, (Z2)

[roll0]
[roll1]
+4 due to Improved Trip and also due to the feat does not provoke any AoO's

If the trip attempt is successful Prydaran takes an Unarmed attack on the zombie.

[roll2]
[roll3]


Then (whether or not the trip is successful) Prydaran attempts to move to J5 making 3 tumble attempts to avoid AoO when leaving L7, then 2 more when leaving K6.

First 3
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
Second 2
[roll7]
[roll8]

Another_Poet
2008-03-01, 02:43 PM
Tell

Aratos Tell (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=33889)
Init +1, HP 43/56, Speed 20
AC 21, Touch 12, Flat-footed 20

Whoops! For Cintain:
I'm really sorry. I had 7 lightning bolts on my char sheet, (1/level, 7th level) and have used 6 of them. But I only have 5 druid levels, so I have called down one too many lightning bolts. If you want my next casting of the spell to only give me 4 bolts, that would be fine with me.

Tell waves his flaming sphere to join Ellyles inside the house, smashing it into Z4 and hopefully catching another house on fire.

[roll0] ref save DC 15 negates

For his own part, he swings his chain with savage force at the maggot beside him.

[roll1] (-3 powr atk)
[roll2] (+6 pwr atk)

((If Ellyles has already defeated Z4 then the flaming sphere should go to the maggot instead.))

Rockbird
2008-03-03, 09:26 AM
Vortiger
HP: 13/25
AC: 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15
Bolts loaded: 3/5

What the... Maggots, undead- now RATS!? Gah!
Dropping his crossbow and drawing his sword in one smooth motion, Vortiger stabs at the swarming rats, trying to drive them off've Toir.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2](You never know... :smalltongue:

cintain
2008-03-03, 04:30 PM
Ellylles stabs angrily. Your hand follows your dagger into the soft, rotting flesh, and a shiver travels up your spine. A crash behind the creature makes you pull out your weapon, just in time to avoid the flames that engulf your opponent. The corpse shrivels rapidly, and seconds later it is nothing but a smoldering pile of charred refuse on the tenement floor. Little flames lick the edges of the doorframe.

Prydaran (a.k.a. the insane dwarf) goes down into a crouch and performs a roundhouse kick, bringing the corpse down crashing where it stood. In one seamless motion, you get up, jump over the fallen zombie, and catch a glimpse of the maggot behind you as it attempts to bite you. You fall on your hands, somersault, and almost fall as the other corpse hits you squarely on the side <8 dmg>. you land a few feet further, and watch in horror as the creature you felled gets up with a loud, stentoreous groan and moves toward you. It slams into you full-on <7 dmg>.

Prydaran only

M3 and Z2 will all cause AoO's from you with their movement this round. I don't know how we've been handling this before, but I just realized, with Combat Reflexes you get an extra AoO, so fire away.


Tell manages to dodge the bite from the maggot, but this messes up your aim and your chain swings an inch too short of its target.

Tell only

Don't worry about the extra lightning. The powers of nature saw fit to grant you an extra bolt, and I am in a forgiving mood today :smallwink:


Vortiger stabs, skewering three rats as they scurry over Toir. You then watch in horror as the corpse in front of you swings again. You recoil in pain and revulsion as the grit-covered, rotting fists slam into you <6 dmg, roll fortitude>. The creature shifts around you and, to your continued horror, you see why...

The rats are moving, and before you know anything, your legs are crawling with them. Countless minute stabs wound you <4 dmg>, and a smell of carrion, death, and rot overwhelms you (OoC: roll 2 fortitude saves, one for the disease the rats carry, another one for the nausea).

Toir concentrates. Your mind serves you well, as despite the strain you notice the movement of your fingers returning to you. As you exhale and turn, you notice another sensation. The rats are everywhere, and they are biting down on you <3 dmg>. The revolting realization that they are nipping at your living flesh fills you with dread (OoC: same deal as Vortiger: 2 fortitude saves, please)

Please remember to post your missing rolls for this round (saves, AoO's, etc), in the same post as your actions for next round.


ROUND 6
Initiative Count

Ellylles, Prydaran 21
M2 (G6), M3 (K6) 20
Tell 19
Z3 (K5) 18
Z2 (J6) 15
RS (L5, L6, M5, M6) 14
Toir 6
Vortiger 5

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8281/e2round6oi2.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e2round6oi2.jpg)

Another_Poet
2008-03-03, 05:14 PM
Tell
Aratos Tell (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=33889)
Init +1, HP 43/56, Speed 20
AC 21, Touch 12, Flat-footed 20

Unphased, Tell continues his attack on the maggot.

[roll0] -2 pwr atk
[roll1] +4 pwr atk


He then beckons to his flaming sphere, which spins out of the burning house.

If the maggot is still up it will hit the maggot. If not it will go toward the rat swarm, however, with a speed of 30 I'll understand if it doesn't make it all the way there this round.
[roll2]ref save DC 15 negates.

Timaoh
2008-03-03, 06:21 PM
Toir (round 5)

HP: 52/30
PP: 29/51
AC: 18/16/13 (Norm/FF/Touch)

Am i still paralyzed?
[roll0][roll1]

maktul
2008-03-03, 07:17 PM
Prydaran

HP: -6/69

Prydaran is unconscious so unable to take any action other than trying to stabilize.

[roll0]

OOC: I just reread the Combat Reflexes feat, apparently I should have been able to take 2 AoO a round, that's what I get for misreading something. Oh well, now I know for later if he's still around, :smallredface:

Damblynge
2008-03-03, 07:20 PM
Ellylles

Ellylles will delay his turn until the ball of fire has removed itself.
If the maggot is still alive Ellylles will tumble to H5 to avoid an attack of opportunity and flank 'n shank it.

[roll0]
[roll1]
Dagger - 1
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

If the maggot is dead then instead the elf will run to I6 and play out the previous scenario.
(You can use the same rolls. All you have to do is subtract 2 from the attack roll and not count the sneaky damage.)

Rockbird
2008-03-04, 11:30 AM
Vortiger
HP: 7/25
AC: 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15
Bolts loaded: 3/5

Vortiger ignores the zombie and keeps stabbing the rats, hoping to kill them off in case Toir comes around again...


[roll0] -aww, crud :smallfrown:
[roll1]
[roll2]

cintain
2008-03-04, 06:31 PM
-- OoC --

@ Toir: nope, you're not paralyzed anymore. however, you are nauseated from the stench of the rats for 1 round (sorry, dude).

@ Vortiger: you're nauseated as well.

So, from the SRD:
Nauseated: Experiencing stomach distress. Nauseated creatures are unable to attack, cast spells, concentrate on spells, or do anything else requiring attention. The only action such a character can take is a single move action per turn.

-- IC --

All of you suddenly realize that, upon ending his somersault, Prydaran hits the ground rather clumsily. His arms give out underneath him, and his body collapses in a disorderly heap on the ground.

He is not moving.

cintain
2008-03-07, 08:17 PM
The maggot darts, biting Tell on the arm with a loud, inhuman grunt <6 dmg, roll fortitude>. Tell loses his grip on the chain briefly, and your blow lands on the floor right next to the creature.

The flaming sphere comes crashing out of the tenement at your command, and catches the maggot unaware. The beast writhes and squeals, then convulses as Ellylles's dagger plunges into its scorching form. A second later the creature is sprawled on the ground, lifeless.

Ellylles then dodges almost instinctively as another one of the corpses tries to strike him from behind. The creature groans and misses its attack.

Vortiger crawls out of the rats' midst, retching and reeling. You lean on the wall heavily, a little way down the street, gasping for air.

Toir closes its eyes once more <roll Fortitude>. You can feel the rats biting furiously at you <3 dmg>, see them squirming around you, clambering upon each other as they try to get at you. You feel sick to your stomach from the stench that emanates from them, and the stunning sight before you.

Toir only

if you roll this fortitude save, you will be able to act the next round. Since you failed the roll to become psionically focused (the DC is actually 20), I will let you change your action if you so wish.

remember that just by being in the same square as the rats, you need to make the save each round to avoid being sickened, and that meditating to become focused is a full-round action that does provoke attacks of opportunity.


Please remember to post your missing rolls for this round (saves, AoO's, etc), in the same post as your actions for next round. Maktul, roll Prydaran's stabilization check also.

ROUND 7
Initiative Count

M3 (K6) 20
Tell 19
Ellylles, Z3 (K5) 18
Z2 (I6) 15
RS (L5, L6, M5, M6) 14
Toir 6
Vortiger 5

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/5188/e2round7fd0.th.jpg (http://img252.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e2round7fd0.jpg)

maktul
2008-03-07, 09:00 PM
Prydaran

HP: -7/69


[roll0]

Rockbird
2008-03-08, 12:46 PM
Vortiger
HP: 7/25
AC: 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15
Bolts loaded: 3/5

With his head still spinning and his legs still wobbling, Vortiger staggers in a circle towards Prydaran...

Shaknig his head to clear the very same, Vortiger kneels by Prydaran and mutters, trying to gather the strength to return him to the fight. He isn't able to gather as much as he likes however, and the whiff of smoke can hardly be noticed at all.

How do i get rid of this stuff anyway? I throw up on a zombie?
Cure Minor Wounds, 1 HP and stabilization if i recall correctly :smallwink:
Oh, and i move K2, J2, I3, I4

Damblynge
2008-03-08, 01:39 PM
Ellylles

HP - 25/25
AC - 23/23/15 (norm/ff/touch)

Swinging back around under the zombie's flailing arm he plunges his dagger into the rotting flesh.
[roll0]
Dagger - 1
[roll1]
[roll2]

Another_Poet
2008-03-08, 04:38 PM
Tell

Aratos Tell (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=33889)
Init +1, HP 37/56, Speed 20
AC 21, Touch 12, Flat-footed 20

[roll0]

Tell's flaming sphere fails, smothering and sizzling out of existence. Tell himself moves forward slightly (to G7) and attacks the zombie across from him (Z2).

[roll1] -4 pwr atk
[roll2] +8 pwr atk
[roll3]

cintain
2008-03-09, 12:23 AM
Vortiger
HP: 7/25
AC: 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15
Bolts loaded: 3/5

With his head still spinning and his legs still wobbling, Vortiger staggers in a circle towards Prydaran...

How do i get rid of this stuff anyway? I throw up on a zombie?

Oh, and i move K2, J2, I3, I4

(OoC: You are not sickened anymore. The effects only last one round, unless you had stayed amidst the rats. You can take a standard action this round, so go ahead and edit your post accordingly.)

Timaoh
2008-03-09, 11:22 AM
Toir (round 7)

HP: 49/30
PP: 29/51
AC: 18/16/13 (Norm/FF/Touch)

Regaining it's senses and deciding that being among the rats is getting nowhere Toir moves through them and out opposite the side of the others and away from the rats. (Q6)

for saving throws from last round or this if needed.[roll0][roll1]

cintain
2008-03-10, 07:59 PM
The last of the maggots lurches forward, maw open wide, and snaps at Ellylles with a loud "clack". You manage to dodge and weave into your attack seamlessly, with a hint of pleasure at your own skill. Even as you turn to connect...

Tell swings his chain wide, slamming its spiked tip into the abomination with a wet crack. You send rotting goo spraying in all directions, and one-half of a walking corpse collapses where it once stood.

The last of the rotting beasts lumbers towards Tell (AoO) and attempts to slam into you unsuccessfully ever as you ready your counterattack.

The rats squirm even more furiously even as Toir begins moving, yet you're able to skulk away, retching and gasping for air. When at last you feel safe to turn around and watch the scene, you see the mass of vermin, as if the floor itself were alive, but are unable to determine which direction they move. You catch a glimpse of Vortiger further down, moving towards the fallen body of Prydaran, kneel down, and clasp the odd object he wears around his neck....

[Everyone, give me a spot check along with everything else in your post.
Tell, I need a Knowledge: Nature check in case your spot check is successful]

Please remember to post your missing rolls for this round (saves, AoO's, etc), in the same post as your actions for next round.

ROUND 8
Initiative Count

M3 (I5) 20
Tell 19
Ellylles, Z3 (K5) 18
RS (L5, L6, M5, M6) 14
Toir 6
Vortiger 5

http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/8015/e2round8hj8.th.jpg (http://img362.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e2round8hj8.jpg)

Another_Poet
2008-03-11, 09:24 AM
Tell
Aratos Tell (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=33889)
Init +1, HP 37/56, Speed 20
AC 21, Touch 12, Flat-footed 20

AoO for last round:
[roll0] -4 pwr atk
[roll1] +8 pwr atk
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]

Fun with syllogisms:

IF Z3 is dead at the beginning of Tell's turn,
THEN Tell will step to I8 and cast Produce Flame.

IF Z3 still stands at the beginning of Tells turn
THEN Tell will make a full withdrawal (to the square with the number 6 in it).

IF Tell withdraws and Z3 follows,
THEN Tell will take his AoO for this round:
[roll5] -4 pwr atk
[roll6] +8 pwr atk
[roll7]

Damblynge
2008-03-11, 10:37 AM
Ellylles

HP - 25/25
AC - 23/23/15 (norm/ff/touch)

As the maggot is slowly surrounded Ellylles grins and launches his dagger into another exposed piece of flesh as the maggot momentarily glances at it's other assailants.
[roll0]
Dagger - 1
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Timaoh
2008-03-13, 10:04 PM
Toir (round 8)

HP: 49/30
PP: 23/51
AC: 18/16/13 (Norm/FF/Touch)

Toir turns after moving away from the rat swarm an angry expression on it's face and accusingly points one of it's plated fingers at the creatures still writhing in a heap. Attempting ot summon all the energy of it's mind and bring it to bear on the swarm as a hail of shap edges cutting into the very fabric of their thoughts.. shredding, ripping, and burying deeply, shattering whatever is in their small minds. Toir unleashes the furry of the attack with an ear-splitting shriek and clenghing it's fist as the power connects with the small minded rodents waiting for the satisfying aftermath that will follow.
[roll0]

Manifesting a Wild surge Mind thrust against the swarm. Will save DC: 22
[roll1]
[roll2] 10% or less means i suffer enervation and am stunned for the next round.

Rockbird
2008-03-17, 07:31 AM
Vortiger
HP: 7/25
AC: 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15
Bolts loaded: 3/5

Taking a step to the left and snarling, Vortiger stabs at the maggot in front of him.
Attacking M3
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
Really sorry for not posting sooner guys, the forum was dead for me, and then i had to help my mother move (Into a house which, naturally, has no internet connection...)

cintain
2008-03-17, 05:45 PM
The maggot recoils, suddenly surrounded, and screeches horribly as Ellylles and then Vortiger plunge their weapons into it. Seconds later, it lies lifeless on the ground.

Tell swings his chain over his head, walking backwards. The walking corpse follows, but neither you nor the creature connect your blows. It plods on towards you, lifting its arms to strike you again.

Toir concentrates, bringing forth power from its very bones with a lurch. Thousands of rats screech horribly as their mental pathways are overwhelmed, then drop lifeless to the ground.

Toir only

A split-second before you bring the rats to their destruction, a part of your mind notices them standing still, uncertain of what to do. The overwhelming power you call forth saturates your mind for an instant, but when it is over the nagging feeling returns, and you realize what you'd seen... why didn't the rats swarm over the body of Prydaran?


ROUND 9
Initiative Count

Tell 19
Ellylles, Z3 (B7) 18
Toir 6
Vortiger 5

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/3537/e2round9bo5.th.jpg (http://img329.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e2round9bo5.jpg)

Damblynge
2008-03-17, 09:16 PM
Ellylles

HP - 25/25
AC - 23/23/15 (norm/ff/touch)

Ellylles whips his head around looking for the final opponent. Upon spotting his adversary the elf runs to C8 and launches his dagger into the exposed flank of the creature.
[roll0]
Dagger - 1
[roll1]
[roll2]

Rockbird
2008-03-18, 02:37 AM
Vortiger
HP: 7/25
AC: 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15

Hrm... I think't guy will manage... Vortiger mutters to himself as he sheats his sword and walks over to retrieve his crossbow and his bolts.

J5, K5, L5, L4

Another_Poet
2008-03-18, 09:10 AM
Tell

Tell continues his withdrawal, and if the creature presses him he takes his attack:

[roll0] -3 pwr atk
[roll1] +6 pwr atk
[roll2]

Timaoh
2008-03-18, 01:54 PM
Toir (round 9)

HP: 49/30
PP: 23/51
AC: 18/16/13 (Norm/FF/Touch)

Double moves to the north, or up on the map and gets ready to manifest another power.

cintain
2008-03-18, 07:29 PM
Tell takes a step back and swings his chain, too short of his target by a hairsbreadth. However, in the instant it takes the creature to launch its attack, Ellylles is dealing death behind him. A second later, the corpse lies shattered on the ground, its unlife ended.

Toir advances, trotting, readying his mind for another assault.

Vortiger steps over Prydaran. You reach down to pick up your stuff, when all of a sudden, from behind you, you hear what has now become an all-too-familiar groan. You turn, half in disbelief, half in sheer horror as you realize the source of the sound. <roll Will save>

Scraping and moaning, Prydaran arises. However, he is no longer the dwarf you so briefly met. In his vacant, sunken eyes, malevolence burns. His flesh appears drawn taut, with a sickly grey pallor. He staggers toward you, arms outstretched. A stench of death and decay emanates from him, and his gaping jaw seems to tremble as his jerking, unnatural motions mock the life he only seconds ago clung to.

Please remember to post your missing rolls for this round (saves, AoO's, etc), in the same post as your actions for next round.

ROUND 10
Initiative Count

Tell 19
Ellylles 18
Toir 6
Vortiger 5
Zp (K5) 4

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/1232/e2round10ym6.th.jpg (http://img296.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e2round10ym6.jpg)

Another_Poet
2008-03-18, 07:41 PM
Tell

Aratos Tell (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=33889)
Init +1, HP 37/56, Speed 20
AC 19, Touch 10, Flat-footed 18

Ellylles and Toir can probably see the cringe that crosses Tell's face as he spots the transformation that has clearly consumed the monk. It almost seems as if Tell will not move at all, but after a second he resolutely swings his chain and trots south, building up his speed for a charge.

Charging to I-5 and attacking Zp:

[roll0] (+2 charge -1 PA)
[roll1]
[roll=damage]2d6[/damage]

Another_Poet
2008-03-18, 07:42 PM
OOps

[roll0]

plus the 9 from above

Timaoh
2008-03-18, 08:14 PM
Toir (round 10)

HP: 49/30
PP: 17/51
AC: 18/16/13 (Norm/FF/Touch)

(OOC: I know im posting out of initiative but i might not be around tomorrow to post.)

Toir just lets out a chitter as he moves forward (to H6). A nervous sound that reminds you of a sigh. If bugs could sigh it might have made that sound itself but instead settles for the chitter as it brings the full might of it's mind to bear on it's one-time companion attempting to pin it against the corner of the building it is near. "Mercy-chcktis... for-chkt-the weak-chkcht!"

Manifesting Energy push with Wild Surge.
Ranged touch [17] (*see ooc post for actual roll.)
Reflex save DC: 21 for half damage
Electricity Damage [roll0]
str check vs DC: 21
if failed ZP is pushed back 5ft plus an additional 5ft per 5 pts of damage taken. If he makes contact with a solid surface he takes additional damage
Push Damage [roll1]
[roll2] 20% or less means i am enervated.

Damblynge
2008-03-19, 09:54 PM
Ellylles

HP - 25/25
AC - 23/23/15 (norm/ff/touch)

Ellylles darts to I7 and without hesitation draws a hand crossbow from his belt, leveling it at his former companion.

Rockbird
2008-03-20, 04:57 AM
Vortiger
HP: 7/25
AC: 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15

What in the nine hells!? Vortiger cries out, as he stabs out more in confusion than anything else.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

cintain
2008-03-24, 10:51 AM
The shambling corpse that was Prydaran staggers under your attacks, then collapses as Vortiger's fear-driven stab crunches through it. The eerie, mist-choked silence of the village settles in, and as the excitement of the battle peters out in you, you are left with a deep-seated sense of dread at the realization that the dwarf could be overcome, nay, consumed by whatever evil holds this land in its clutches so rapidly.

Looking around you, amidst the carnage left behind by your fight, you once again take notice of the corpse the maggots and the rats had been feasting upon. It seems odd, somehow, that this corpse had not risen with the others, and that thought is almost comforting...

Suddenly, a clear sound pierces the gloom like a knife, making you all snap to attention. What had before been a rumour, a shadow-noise, comes again clearly, and you each know without a doubt that you have heard the sound of a woman's shout or rallying cry down the road.

Another_Poet
2008-03-24, 10:55 AM
Tell

"She tricks you," the druid nearly hisses. "Let us leave for the night!"

Rockbird
2008-03-24, 12:33 PM
Vortiger

We've come this far. It'd just be stupid, turning back now.

Damblynge
2008-03-24, 01:29 PM
Ellylles

"Perhaps some sort of surveillance expedition would not go amiss. I am not heavy. If someone were able to carry me up to the roof of one of these houses I might be able to sneak along and get a look at whatever lies in our path."

OOC: Am I allowed to loot my fallen comrades body? If so... 1d20+17

Damblynge
2008-03-24, 01:33 PM
Damn. [roll0]