PDA

View Full Version : In the Land of the Prince.

Nuada
2008-01-07, 02:46 PM
The Palazzo Grimani sits upon the corner of the Canal Grande and the canal San Luca as the lights of the vaporetto, gondola and the palazzos to either side shimmer atop the cold January waters and lap up against the Vittoria doorway. Whilst Cathayan tourists flash their cameras atop the old Rialto the palazzo's Piano Nobile sees an eccentric gathering beneath its fading frescos and mottled mirrors.

A horseshoe table faces away from the magnificent windows facing the rows of seats beneath its dais. Of the Ten seats, only five are occupied and in the pews only eight or so others dotted in twos or threes besides yourselves. A white haired, middleaged gentleman in finely pinstriped charcoal grey is chairing the meeting. The diadem on his head marks him clearly as the Silver Ladder councillor, the murmur come to a halt as he gavels the meeting back to order. “With the matter of the new councillor for the Sleepers out of the way we move now to the matter of the released apprentices.

The Silver Ladder calls for these apprentices to be released under the supervision of the leaders of their Orders to form a new cabal in the city. They will be joined with those newly arrived to the city and any future magi new to the city. We call for a second.”

The lady to his right, around her neck a choker of the Seers of the Thrones raises her hand. You get the feeling that this, like the rest of the meeting is essentially a fait a compli. “The Seers second.”

The Ladder councillor nods, “We move to voting procedures.” It takes no time at all for the uniformed man and a man in black t-shirt and trousers to raise their hands. Adamantine arrow and Mysterium. The masked Guardian councillor remains still. “Very good, the measure is passed four to one in a vote of the major councillors. This meeting is adjourned. In the name of the Consillium I thank you all.” The Ladder immediately moves off to an antechamber with the councillors whilst the assembled mingle.

One of the heralds, a mage you have all met, Vox Populi, sharp suited in a royal blue that brings out the colour of her eyes and her raven hair calls to you. “Liegemen Cortex, Phosporus, Chaeron and Tinkerbell. Please come with me.” She disappears in the matching antechamber to the councillors, inside it is furnished in the same decaying rococo grandeur as the rest of the trillium's sanctum. Vox lightly sits her petite frame on an emerald velvet and gilt sofa embroidered in gold with patterns of some marine vine and watches as you file in.

“Please,” she says, “sit yourselves down, I understand some of you already know each other, from the Mysterium”, she nods to Chaeron, Cortex and Phosphorus, “this is Tinkerbell of the Adamantine Arrow. You are the new cabal of the city. I will be watching you whilst you establish yourselves, both to help you and measure the success of this experiment.” Her voice is all business, “I am your contact to the Ten. Do not bother them without going through me first. Now fix yourself a drink and ask any questions of you need to of your Herald.” she gestures to the oak butlers tray in the corner, a piece which looks as if it were carved by one of the more mad scelesti. Her eyes pierce as she catches your gazes in turn. You've met her before, fearsome intellect and reason combined with a powerful sense of humour makes for an interesting Herald and théarch.

I have used bold colours for my characters so that you can use what ever you want for yours, no need to bold your speech.

Premsyl
2008-01-07, 08:51 PM
Chaeron sets his sidepack down beside his chair as he sits down, waving off the drink. He sits in the chair but does not seem to make himself comfortable, placing his hands on the table and tapping his fingers idly. He nods to his assembled colleagues, and murmurs an unintelligible greeting. Looking to the herald, he raises a hand off the table "You mentioned that this is an experiment. Is our cabal to be managed differently or deployed alternatively to other cabals? Why us four, and why now?" He places his hand back on the table, and begins to trace his hand with the fingertip on his other hand "I mean, I've felt that I was overqualified for the term 'apprentice' for a while now, but I've known mages to wait twice as long as I have before being assigned to a cabal." He leans back in his chair, glancing around at his new cohorts. "I dunno. Maybe I'm just one to look a gift horse in the you know what."

Forgotten T.S.
2008-01-07, 11:13 PM
Cortex Flash - Consillium IT Support

Flash smiles to Phosphorous as they are called by Vox, and bit his bottom lip at the recollection of their last meeting. Shaking his head, Flash winked at Phosphorous and walked regally out of the room they had been assigned.

Flash was a tall gangly man, standing weakly at somewhere around 6'2", along with his rail-thin body... he seemed almost like a shadow of a man, as opposed to the actual meat of one. His twig-like arms, connecting down to spindly delicate fingers that look like they would snap like branches in a harsh storm. Despite how he appearance, he exuded a look of regal aristocracy. While he often met with certain key members of the Consillium once in a blue moon... it was rare he attended traditional functions. As such, Flash can be found wearing a set of stunningly crafted emerald robes. Underneath he wore a traditionally blank outfit.

It wasn't custom anymore to wear robes to these meetings... but Flash simply loved getting on older members of the Consillium's nerves by mocking long-unused traditions. He found it funny that these things were once manditory... honestly, robes? They were scions of the Watchtower, masters of the Arcana... not some silly children out in the woods LARP'ing.

With such thoughts in his head, Flash continued after Vox with Phosphorous trailing behind him. Flash was a reasonably attractive man, his black hair cropped up in birds nest at the top of his head, with striking sapphire eyes looking around with deciding curiosity. Sharp features accompanied his build, high cheek bones and angular definitions. His porcelain pale skin, like a soft milky cream was enhanced by the lights of the room as he walked with poise.

Vox offered a drink, and Flash's eyes moved over to the cart. He smirked slightly, and motioned Phosphorous to sit, "I will prepare us something..." With that, he moved over to the cart and mixed up a couple of drinks for the two. It took but a moment, and he returned to where Phosphorous had taken his seat and handed him a snifter of aged brandy on the rocks. Flash had a simple glass of scotch on the rocks.

Smiling happily to Vox, he merely allowed the others to speak as he watched her and listened with rapt attention.

Wraithkin
2008-01-08, 12:17 AM
White Phosphorous - Keeper of Secrets

Phos walks alongside his friend and follows the direction given from him. There isn't much to speak of about Phos. He's just over six feet tall, and can't weigh in over one sixty sopping wet. His brown hair is short and well-kept, but not entirely styled much, and his face sports a short-trimmed goatee. Upon the bridge of his plainly-shaped nose is a pair of blue-tinted designer glasses.

He seems to be sporting something that one could be best be described as an expensive attempt at being in-style, and falling just short of it. There is nothing about his Armani suit that stands out as wrong, nor the Rolex that graces his wrist, or the plain but tasteful onyx ring that sits upon his thin ring finger on his right hand. Something just is off.

That's when it hits you. He has yet to look any of you in the eye since he's been at the meeting. He hasn't really looked at anyone during the entire proceedings. The reason: a hand-held tablet computer system that he is endlessly ticking away at with the solid-gold stylus in his right hand. He doesn't bother looking where he is going, yet somehow manages to avoid running into everything. It has to have taken many a year and many stubbed toes for him to perfect what could best be described as a dance down to an art.

Sitting down, he looks up at his friend and speaks for the first time. "Thanks." His voice is little more than a whisper, cool, distant, and not even remotely close to what one could consider seductive. Inside his voice rests a hidden torment, one none of you could possibly imagine. Taking the snifter, he smells it slowly and, in a rare moment, a light smile graces his lips. "A good year." He raises his glass to Flash in a toast, and once returned, takes a light sip and enjoys the fluid as it goes down.

Setting the glass on the table in front of him, he resumes tapping furiously at his tablet computer. What he is working on that requires so much attention is beyond any of you.

Nuada
2008-01-08, 09:08 AM
Vox nods to Cortex as comes in, she seems unfazed by the robes and certainly more respectful to him than the engrossed Phosphorus who she barely deigns to look at. "Yes Leigeman, this is an experiment," she addresses Chaeron as her fingers tap on the arm of the sofa, "you can choose how to manage yourselves and continue your own works both as individuals and members of your orders as ever. However circumstances dicate that you cannot simply enter your mentors' cabals or use his connections to join or found new groups as is traditional. You may of course in the future leave this cabal, but for now It is intended to form something of a holding area for subsequant new mages and give you independence." She stands and moves to the butler's tray, pouring a G&T into a heavy cut glass tumbler. "As to qualifications yes, I understand that you have attained Adept level with the practices of weaving, unraveling and patterning Death under your control. You are more than ready and Cortex here has proven himself of use to the consillium, you are ready to set out on your own rather than as memvers of your superiors cabals."

She crosses the room in an instant to stand behind Phosphorus her face hardened into a fierce masque, "Though given the attention some of you appear to be paying I question Samarqand's wisdom in letting the Mysterium's new arrivals go from under his direct supervision. This is quite the opportunity."

Forgotten T.S.
2008-01-08, 09:54 AM

Cortex flashes a smile at Vox as she nods to him, he always loved to see her cheerful and youthful face... even as stoic as she carried herself. He pays strict attention to her as she speaks, and humbly bowing his head towards her as she recognizes him publicly for unspoken achievements.

At her slightly accusatory words though, his smile diminished only a tad, "Please excuse Phosphorous... he is working on a detailed code project." Cortex leans back and looks over Phosphorous's shoulder and taps the screen, "Move Code Group B down five lines, and put the subverter-group in it's place. Then, please close that up, it's not polite to disrespect our elders." Cortex looks back to Vox as he speaks, flashing her a wink as he puts himself back into a more suitable sitting position.

"Please do not think he will miss anything, or is ignorantly missing out. We are recording these events visually and audibly... he isn't missing out on a thing." He tilts his head, "If I may, Vox, allow me to put this into more plain words for my other Adepts?" He pulls himself up to stand and moves over to stand next to Vox's seat, "A formal introduction first. I am known in the Consillium as Cortex Flash, mostly due to my growing master of Spacial Magics, and my affinity to modern technology.

"My partner, White Phosphorous, is linking his own mastery over the magics of Matter and the Mind at the present moment... and equally skilled with modern technologies. Now... what Madame Vox is proposing to us, is a unique opportunity to exclude ourselves from our master's cabals. For a reference... often time people are taught a language by submerging them in that languages culture. For us to grow in our mastery, as well as grow in the atunement of our survival skills... we are being disconnected from our masters and given the chance to... survive on our own. Together.

"Cabals are as such small sub-groups of the Order's, that allow for inter-order communication, and growth. We have been chosen from the recent Adepts of the Order's to begin this cabal, and prepare it for new Adepts as they are released from the Consillium into our care. As such, it's now our duty to begin organizing ourselves for the betterment of not only ourselves... but the future of the Consillium."

Cortex smiles softly, his words coming out in a fluid drop... each word perfectly annunciated and his hands making small gestures every now and then to emphasis each prior point.

Nuada
2008-01-08, 10:08 AM
Vox pats Cortex Flash on the back amicably, "Oh don't worry about it, I'm the relaxed herald remember, but there are those who'd take offence. The type who like your robes.

Textbook answer though Cortex, but I don't believe anybody here is newly Awoken, we do know what a cabal is, but yes you've got it. This is an experiment to increase the vitality of the city, you are to make your won way, sink or swim and if you swim. . . well the city will be bettered. If you sink of course we'll just go back to old system." She smiles a sinisterly beatific smile.

Forgotten T.S.
2008-01-08, 10:18 AM

"Never know who's being awoken nowadays, do we Vox?" He tilts a brow to her, "I've found textbook references to be the best way to get points across. I'd rather be dull and to the point, then eccentric and riddlesome. Such as like the people who dislike my robes." His lips twitch in a grin.

He looks back to the others, "However, Vox is correct... it will be our direct actions... that determine how the Consillium look to this city in the future... and how they look to us. There is much to be had here, and a great opportunity for all us to better ourselves and further our goals."

Nuada
2008-01-08, 10:54 AM
"Oh yes, goals to be met and improvements to be made." She sits neatly where she was before. "Anything else?

lawful_evil
2008-01-08, 11:53 AM
Tinkerbell

If Flash was tall, then Tinkerbell was a giant, for he made Phos and Flash appear to be teenage children when they stood next to him. He was well over 2.2 meters tall and a husky 135 kg {{7'2", 300 lbs}}. When Tinkerbell followed Vox into the adjacent room, he was forced to duck slightly to avoid banging his large bony head on the doorframe. His thick black hair lay nearly flat against his skull. His large brown eyes almost seems shrunken and sunken. His large lips almost a blue or purple as if he was extremely cold or had a circulation problem. When he stepped through the doorframe his massive hand grasped the doorframe for support and a simple gold ring adorned his left hand.

His dress, was a mix of exercise cloths and punk gear. Black hooded sweatshirt and black sweat pants tucked into very large black boots. For as his grandfather used to say, he didn't have large feet, he had a large understanding. His only obvious possession was a wallet shaped bulge in the front pocket of his sweatshirt. Doing as he was told, Tinkerbell, follows along, each of his footfalls making a vibratory thump in the structure.

When offered refreshments, Tinkerbell's eyes light up momentarily as he hopes they'll have tea. Upon seeing the cold offerings, his shoulders slump and when he turns around to sit down he has a bit of scowl on his face.

Upon being introduced, Tinkerbell nods to each of the other liegemen and after a moment says in deep voice, "Pardon me, but which of you is which? Cortex, Phosporus, and Chaeron?" Tinkerbell folds himself up and sits down, looking like an adult sitting in a chair designed for grammer school students. When Chaeron asks his probing questions, Tinkerbell doesn't hide his approval as he smiles, nods, and looks to Vox for her answer.

Forgotten T.S.
2008-01-08, 12:07 PM

Flash blinks at Tinkerbell, before laughing slightly as he lifts a hand up and rubs the back of his head, "Well... I'm Flash," he points to Phosphorous, "that's Phos," then he points to Chaeron, "that's Chaeron."

He looks towards Phosphorous, and then moves over and takes a seat next to him. "Unless anyone has anymore questions for the lovely Madame Vox, here... we should get to know each other's specialties a bit better... and start hammering out details of this cabal."

lawful_evil
2008-01-08, 12:35 PM
Tinkerbell

The big man nods and looks to each man as introduced, simply adding, "A pleasure to meet you all."

Hmm.. I never was very good at swimming...

When Flash suggests getting down to business, Tinkerbell coughs slightly and inquires, "An oppertunity to further our goals yes, but I should think the Consillium will more likely judge our cabal to be a success if we, in fact, further their goals."

Tinkerbell tries to shift a bit in the chair and after a brief sigh, inquires of Vox, "What exactly does the Consillium hope to accomplish through us? They have set formal goals for us, have they not?"

Premsyl
2008-01-08, 12:44 PM
Chaeron nods as Vox answers his questions, smiling sheepishly at her recognition of his accomplishments. He sits quietly for most of the conversation. Finally he stands up and walks over to the tray, mumbling something about 'changing his mind.' He pours himself a straight bourbon, and walks back over to the table.

Chaeron is an unremarkable looking man. He's of average height and weight (5'7" , 150lbs) with long lanky arms and legs. He wears dark blue jeans, and a black long-sleeved shirt. His hair is dark brown, and looks like it hasn't been combed since some time last week (Did he even know what kind of meeting he was going to?) He walks and moves, however, with a fluidity that belies his disheveled appearance. One other thing you notice, when you look at his face, is that it looks like someone really worked him over once or twice. His nose is flat and crooked, and his face bears multiple scars.

When Tinkerbell enters the room, Chaeron looks up at him and seems to nod approvingly. When Flash introduces him, Chaeron nods and raises a hand in greeting. He sits back down at the table, and sips his drink, cringing ever so slightly from the pure, warm alcohol. He nods agreeably at Flash "Yes... Yes. Indeed... Well," he coughs into his closed fist and clears his throat "I am called Chaeron, of course you already know that. I'm a member of the Mysterium." He puts a finger to his chin thoughtfully "Course.. You already knew that too... Anyway. As our esteemed Herald so eloquently stated." He raises his glass to Vox as he mentions her, continuing to speak "I awoke to the Moros watchtower about six years ago. I am an adept in the Death arcanum, also dabbling in Fate magic." He stops and seems to withdraw into himself for a moment. Tapping his chin with his finger "Hmmm... Oh yeah. I grew up on the poor side of Anaxanev. The kind those miserable touristy parasites never see. I'm not proud of it, but it's proved to be a boon in my awakened career. There aren't many rumors going around on those dirty canals that don't catch my ear, and I've also been told I'm quite proficient with a pair of lockpicks. Among other things." He sips his drink again, no cringe this time though. "Ummmm... Hmm... Ah yes, I am a scholar. I know lots of stuff about lots of stuff, but my preferred courses of study involve History and the Occult." He swirls his bourbon around in the glass, watching it "I uhhhh.. I think that's it." He kind of trails off in a murmur.

lawful_evil
2008-01-08, 09:12 PM
Tinkerbell

Ah, a bearing of ones soul to complete strangers.. What to tell them and what to keep in reserve should the tides turn? Tinkerbell, as usual, nearly consumed with depression isn't one to think much of himself and so can offer little to serve the group. "I, well, um, I have a degree in veterinary medicine." Feeling a little bolstered by being able to admit something, Tinkerbell continues, "The powers of death are mine to command. To control." Okay, a took a little too big of step.

Tinkerbell pulls the hood up on his sweatshirt and shifts a bit in the chair, obviously uncomfortable.

This feels to much like group therapy. My name is bob and I'm an alcoholic. Come on now. I'm in control of myself. I will not allow these people to intimidate me. Shifting again, Tinkerbell sits up straight and looks to Vox, hopeful she may provide answers to questions.

Wraithkin
2008-01-08, 11:12 PM
White Phosphorous - Keeper of Secrets

Looking up at his friend, he nods silently and does the quick drags, coding, and then powers the tablet down. Inverting the screen, he slides it into a business-appropriate backpack and sets it on the ground next to him. Looking at tinkerbell in his obvious discomfort, he takes another sip from his snifter and sets it back on the table before standing up. Walking next to the large man, he gestures him up.

Once Tink stands, he focuses his energy for a moment, then grasps the chair. In a fluid motion, the chair expands and shifts to fit the size of the large man. Patting the man on the shoulder, he walks back to his chair and sits down, hands folded in front of him, staring intently at the glass before him before picking it up and holding it in his lap, still staring at it between intermittent sips.

Forgotten T.S.
2008-01-09, 06:24 AM

Flash nods towards Tinkerbell as he addresses a question to Vox, as he also carefully makes no exterior motion at either Chaeron's insightful story, or Tinkerbell's slip of the tongue.

"The man does have a point, that I actually had addressed in an email I sent you five minutes after this meeting was finished. Aside from the base goals of the Consillium's effort's through us to get a foot hold into the city, and prepare it for the Consillium's purposes... are there any other duties that they have for us?

"Also, if there any information they would want to provide us about local supernatural groups?"

He smiles slightly, and looks towards the others, "I'm actually from Vah... so I'm use to there being a bit more then just Mage's around." He looks back to Vox, "Do the Vampire Covens have a recognized Prince here, and local grounds that we should be weary of? Do the Feral's migrate through here? Or, do the pretty little pixies have their own gateways set up, that we should be on the lookout for?"

lawful_evil
2008-01-09, 08:48 AM
Tinkerbell

Seeing the enlarged chair, Tinkerbell manages a toothy smile and with a deep rumbling voice says, "Thank you Phosporus." Tinkerbell was so used to just suffering through his mis-sized body, that it hadn't even occurred to him to just alter the chair, which he thought he might have been able to do on his own. He'll have to try that when he gets back to his Sanctum.

Tinkerbell liked animals and still hadn't gotten used to, what he considered, their perversion. Werewolves, pixies, vampires, etc. When Flash brings up the whole topic, Tinkerbell scowls even more(if possible), and after his arm twitches a bit, he grasps the arm of the chair and waits for a response.

Nuada
2008-01-09, 10:45 AM
Vox sips from her drink as she listens to the introductions, leaping in at a pause in the flow of conversation she speaks. "Questions questions. I am given to understand that the Consillium itself has no tasks for you at the moment. You are free to pursue your own tasks for now. As to the other supernaturals of the city, the Abdead have no small presence throughout the Anaxo (ooc: the neighbouring land territories of the Republic) though Anaxanev itself is too small to support a large population. I am given to understand they do recognise a single leader but if you should not be involving yourself with them without the consillium's permission. There is a truce. The wolves keep themselves out in the countryside, some scholars of the Shadow in the mysterium might know more. As to faeries I don't think there is any offical contact, personlly I doubt the stories of 'Arcadia' they tell, much more liley to be a magical Tradition of sleepers."

She peers oddly at Phos' expansion of the chair, before giving him an inquisitive look. "Interesting technique." She appears to have something she wants to say but decides against it. "Anyway, what else is there. Don't cause a problem with the Inquisitors, we won't look kindly on having to do away with that, then again it may be taken against the experiment and the council might let you hang." Whether she means the Ten would drop their support or literally itsn't quite clear, certainly for Cortex, used to Vahian justice the latter would be familliar. "And Cortex, Phos, your Italic continues to impress me, copy Chaeron's accent though, being around Anaxavian proncunciation will help you. She drains her glass, popping it down on a small occasional table. "Is there anything else for which you require the consillium's Herald?"

Forgotten T.S.
2008-01-09, 10:55 AM

Flash nods as she speaks, listening intently to her words. As she mentions the growth of his Italian, he can only smile softly and bow his head humbly. As she questions them of any further use of her, he places his palms together and bows slightly towards her while in a sitting position, "I have no further questions at this time, Lady Herald. However... do you have anything to tell us... as Vox, and not the Consillium's Herald?"

He sits back in his seat, and picks up his glass of scotch, which he hasn't drank from yet, and downs it in one gulp.

Nuada
2008-01-09, 12:20 PM
Vox Populi raises an arch eyebrow, "Why Cortex Flas, whoever said I hadn't. Simply be careful, not everybody in the consillium supported this democratic change in the consillium's policy."

Forgotten T.S.
2008-01-09, 12:42 PM

Flash gave her another foxy grin as he winked and moved over to the cart to refill his drink. With his back to her, he speaks softly, "Thank you, Vox... it is as always, much appreciated."

Premsyl
2008-01-09, 02:21 PM
Chaeron

Chaeron frowns at the mention of vampires, murmuring "Disgusting aberrations." under his breath. He downs the last of his bourbon and slumps back in his chair. He sighs, scratches his head, and looks around the room. His mind wanders to how silly the four of them would look lined up beside one another. That makes him smile for a moment. He focuses back to the conversation at hand, which seems to have deteriorated quite a bit in his opinion. With a shuffling he repositions himself in his chair. He folds his hands together on the table. "It all seems rather cut and dry to me, though I might like to know if you, uh, know when we can expect to receive a specific task or function?" Suddenly introspective "Though I do enjoy to do my own thing."

Nuada
2008-01-09, 07:10 PM
"Whenever," Vox speaks in her cut glass accent, "the Consillum requires your services Leigeman Chaeron. Though speaking personally I doubt you'll have to wait for too long, people both for and against this experiment will be wanting to test you.

Another thing. It is required by the consillium that new cabals present thier sigil and name to the consillium by the monthly council following their formation. Do it faster. If you want to stick around, set yourselves in concrete."

Premsyl
2008-01-09, 07:43 PM
Chaeron

Chaeron nods, steepling his fingers "You are wise as ever, Madame Herald.. You remind me, though, and stop me if I'm stepping out of bounds, but the councillor for the Guardians was the only one opposed to our forming of this cabal. Are they being tight-fisted as usual, or is their anything else you can tell us of that?"

Nuada
2008-01-10, 08:47 AM
Vox puts her glass down with a distinct and even resolute click. "The Guardians seek to protect the mysteries. From that first principle you should begin to extrapolate their politics. It is not my place to spoon feed you. The first test of surviving on your own will be avoiding those who didn't want you there in the first place."

Forgotten T.S.
2008-01-10, 10:07 AM

Flash bows his head as the topic switches over towards the Guardian's, forcing him to take a deep breathe. Coughing into his fist, he looks up and takes a sip out of his glass. Slowly he moved back over to his seat next to Phosphorous and sat down... waiting patiently til Vox excused herself.

I use bold'ed text for all of my dialogue, and generally like to add color to enhance it. It's how I've always posted, and I'm very comfortable with the format I use.

Premsyl
2008-01-10, 01:26 PM
Chaeron

Chaeron grins sheepishly, spreading his hands. He'd assumed as much about the Guardians and their Veil, but considered the question worth asking. He expresses as much. "I'd imagined you might say as much, a question left unasked is a question left unanswered. I uhh... No further questions."

Wraithkin
2008-01-10, 05:22 PM
White Phosphorus - Keeper of Secrets

Phos looks absolutely bored, staring at his glass, with a finger tapping the base of it idly. Inside his head, his mind is afire with code theory and planning, so even though the tablet is put away, he is still working. A slight impatient sigh can be heard by the man next to him, even though Phos' lips remain closed. Phos looks at Flash with a tired sidelong glance, giving form to his irritation at having to wait before he can resume coding. Without even realizing it, his finger begins to tap out in Morse, repeating the same pattern over and over.

For those who know morse, it's S. S. D. D.

lawful_evil
2008-01-10, 06:45 PM
Tinkerbell

As the conversations continue, Tinkerbell begins to look more and more like an ogre at a tea party. Eventually he blurts out, "But... but.. Well, I'm sorry, but I must still be missing something. Perhaps my mentor failed to prepare me, but my grasp of these political affairs is well, lacking."

Perhaps the Guardians have done their job well in my case...

Tinkerbell rubs his face with his massive paw and finally augments his previous statements, "... we are supposed to be a cabal. We would only have been formed if the Consillium wanted us to do something or to prepare to do something. I mean... other than coming up with a sigil and a catchy name, we have no tasks. For all they care we can simply sit around and play bridge?"

Tinkerbell used to play bridge with his parent all the time, but eventually got sick of being the 'dummy' all the time. After a moment, he corrects himself, "Not that we would. I've got so much research I'd like to finish." And... I'd love to pick their brains a bit and learn a bit of their arcanum...

Forgotten T.S.
2008-01-11, 03:46 AM

Flash looks towards Tinkerbell, "The Consillium has several duties for us, and several members of the Senior Council most likely have several tasks they want us to perform. However, they are obviously giving us a bit of time to establish ourselves in the city. Myself and Phosphorous only arrived here three months ago, and have been very busy supervising several projects at our home, and our new place of business. Drawing up rune's takes time, I'm afraid."

He smirks, "And no, I highly doubt they would take to us playing bridge on our spare time, with a smile. They want us to be productive. Establish ourselves into the workings of the city, get to know people... make contacts, resources, and most importantly... prepare for what is to come. That takes a little bit of time, and even a month is not enough."

He takes another large gulp of his drink, "I would suspect some of our most difficult tasks, yet to come, will be from the Guardian's. We must all be vigilant."

lawful_evil
2008-01-11, 07:20 AM
Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell clenches his fists and unclenches them several time, no doubt part of some anger management protocol. After 5 or 6 of these, he takes a deep breath and exhales slowly then says, "Thank you for taking the time to explain it again." He pauses and continues, "Forgive me, I but I have little patience for these games. Our time here is limited and it seems a waste to spend it alternately obfuscating and revealing everyone's true intentions."

Tinkerbell takes another deep breath and upon exhale lowers his head down so he is looking at the floor away from everyone's probing eyes and says, "Very well, lets get down to business."

Nuada
2008-01-11, 10:49 AM
"Ahh the Arrow is direct. Unfortunately we live in a world populated with Crowns, Masks, Books and Thrones. That you will have to live with. I am afraid that I shll now leave you to your deliberations and conversation. This room is yours for as long as you want it. Please tell the Sentinal on duty when you leave, it is Pericles I believe." Vox stands to go but turns on one exquisite heel as she reaches the door. "I'll see you at Florians tomorrow for lunch, two o'clock. And Good Luck." She bows and leaves.

Forgotten T.S.
2008-01-11, 10:59 AM

"As always, Lady Herald, it has been a pleasure. Thank you for your guidance." He bows to her as she leaves, and he quietly shuts the door behind her. Letting out a long breathe he turns around faces the others, "Sorry 'bout that, gotta keep the mask on when the big-wigs are flapping their mouths." He chuckles softly as he moves back over to the drink cart.

"Phos, you can get back to work. No more people to play niceties to. Make sure that coding is finished by 9:13. We have a deadline to meet." He clinks to fresh pieces of ice into his cup as he pours the alcohol over it.

Slowly he turns around, "Well... looks like we got a few things to hammer out, no? Might as well get started." He walks over and takes his seat again, "We have three things on our agenda. First, organizing our Cabal. This includes naming it, setting up our internal infrastructure, and handling all of our internal systems. Second, we must organize ourselves, our contacts, and what resources we bring into the Cabal. Third, we need to set our goals for the Cabal.

"Don't let the Herald, or anybody from the Senior Council fool you... everyone wants to either see this project go up in flames, or come out on top. Meeting the Consillium's goals in one things, but unless we strap our own goals onto that... it's worthless for us." He cracks his knuckles as he pulls out a tablet laptop exactly like Phosphorous's and sets it on the tablet, as he opens it, he adds a secondary projector component onto the side of it, and displays what is on the screen on the far wall.

"Let's begin with step 1. The Cabal. We need a name, and an internal structure. This includes leadership, and departmentalizing."

Wraithkin
2008-01-11, 11:17 AM

Sighing in relief, he leans down grabbing his hardened computer case and sets it on the table with a bit of exasperation. "Finally" can be heard escaping his lips as he pulls out the tablet, inverts it to look like a regular computer, snags a roll-out keyboard and flops it on the table. An optical trackball is set up next to the keyboard, and with the push of a single button, the screen flares to life. Sighing, a few minor gestures are made, and his eyes gleam faintly for a moment and he smiles as he looks down at the keyboard.

In moments, the tapping of Phos' fingers on the polymer keyboard forms a sort of background thrumming, where individual keystrokes cannot be distinguished. Even as he pounds the remaining fire liquid in his snifter in a single gulp, his fingers continue to scream across the keyboard. His fingers are a blur as he works on code that he has a very short time to complete.

Using One Mind, Two Thoughts. removed the roll because for whatever reason, it doesn't like 6d10. I'll be rolling on the OOC page.

Premsyl
2008-01-11, 01:19 PM
Chaeron

"Well, I took a cue from you, Flash, and told about myself and my skills. Of course, I'm the only one to do so as of yet. So far I know that you're good at making nice to the politicians, Phosphorous is good at typing and making chairs bigger, and Tinkerbell's good at looking uncomfortable... Oh, and Death magic." He sighs, realizing he's coming off as annoyed. He takes a deep breath. "I just think we should expand on our introductions is all. We are going to be working together, or in all likelyhood, hanging together."

Forgotten T.S.
2008-01-11, 02:16 PM

Flash blinks and looks towards Chaeron, and then smiles, "Sorry, I tend to follow a pretty straight format... by-the-book coding was always a specialty." he coughs into his fist and looks over, "I'll speak for Phosphorous... as he hates social niceties, more then Bell's apparent distaste for lycanthropes. Aside from what I've already told you, I'm a computer specialist. Whether it's coding, web design, building, or software... I know it. I can hack any system shy of a government supercomputer, and even then... give me a little time and I'll make a noticeable crack before I have badges marching on my door."

He smirks, "Born and bred in Vah, I've had a computer in my hand since I was old enough to be introduced to them in primary. I've been walking the magical-scene for about 7 years now, and I'm rather heavy into the Consillium. I've assisted the Consillium in modernizing a lot of their infrastructure, and upgrading from the old ways of things, to the new. I'm made sizeable donations in keeping the orders up to date of technological advancements... and I'm one of the main administrative support staff for the computerization of the Consillium's monitoring capabilities.

"You were right, I'm very political. I was going to address most of this come Step 2 of our discussion here... but I suppose making this Step 1 is best... as it allows for a more comforting feel. I plan to someday sit on the Senior Council as the representative of the Mysterium... it's my goal in life, and one I've been working very soundly towards. I'm well known in the Consillium, and rather well liked, I hope." With that, Flash pushes a button and you watch as the projector screen displays a file on Flash. There are several areas with black marks concealing the information... but aside from that, you see confirmation of anything he has already said displayed on the outline of the file.

"Phosphorous is from Russia, though he came over to Vah in his early childhood. He holds the same affinity for modern technology as me, and together we've made sizable gains in our tour of the cyber-realms together. Phosphorous is currently working towards his Mastery of Matter Magics, where as I am focused on Space Magics. I dabble in a bit of Prime, most trying to learn how to enchant and imbue objects... though that's a bit of a ways off for me, whereas he focus's his extra power towards the Mind powers." Flash hits another button and it displays a file on Phosphorous... with several more blacked out areas then Flash's file. Hitting another button, they both erase from the projector and it's left on the same screen as before.

"Aside from the basics... we own a chain of gaming stores in several different countries. Mostly retailing in Comic Books and Fantasy-genre collectibles... it has been a key part of our expanding of the Supernal World into the modern world. After all, it's easier to look for the next Sleeper turned Mage, when you are looking at those who already have a thin veil between reality and the sleeping realms. We are rather busy men, and have several key projects that require a lot of coding work, and constant updating... along with our own personal studies and fixated research."

He lets out a soft breathe, "Was there anything else you'd like to know about us?"

Premsyl
2008-01-11, 05:43 PM
Chaeron

Chaeron listens intently, and shakes his head smiling when Flash finishes "More than sufficient."

lawful_evil
2008-01-11, 05:56 PM
Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell relaxes a bit, sitting up a bit straighter. When Chaeron's marginalizes Tinkerbell, Tinkerbell doesn't take it sitting down. In fact he stands up and lunges forward till he is right in front of Chaeron, looking down upon the man. Realizing he must look a bit like a grim reaper brings a slight smirk to Tinkerbell's face and disrupts the rash action Tinkerbell was going to take.

Tinkerbell allows his anger to fade a bit as Flash goes into his abilities and Tinkerbell is somewhat surprised by all the technology these mages choose to employ. Sure Tinkerbell used some of it in school and when working in his clinic, he hasn't even turned on a television in over a year, much less checked his old email accounts.

Tinkerbell's upper lip twitches once or twice and finally he turns his back on Chaeron and tries a more detailed explanation of himself...

"I'm from a county northwest of here. I moved into Anaxenev and setup my Sanctum late last year. Before my awakening I went to college for Veterinary Medicine and ran a clinic for a short time. As you might deduce, I've got a firm grasp on the basics of science and academics as would be required to graduate."

Tinkerbell pauses to take several deep breaths and walks over and seems to examine something on the wall while he continues, "I am but a disciple of death with lesser control over matter and spirit. I too know a little of the occult, mostly what I've learned since my awakening."

Tinkerbell turns, throwing off his hood and says, "I am obviously tall, but due to my lack manual dexterity, I have consistently failed to make the basketball team."

Obviously coming up short trying to sell himself, Tinkerbell finally adds, "I know the dead tongue, commonly known as High Speech, the language of magic."

Premsyl
2008-01-11, 09:23 PM
Chaeron

Chaeron is reasonably startled by Tinkerbell. His eyes widen and he scrunches up in the chair, putting his hands up. "Hey now, man, sorry... No offense intended." When Tinkerbell turns away from him to speak, Chaeron slowly readjusts himself in his chair, frowning. When Tinkerbell finishes speaking "Well, I'm glad to meet a fellow practitioner of Death magics. I apologise for my remarks earlier, I really didn't mean to upset you. I'm not used to working with strangers."

Forgotten T.S.
2008-01-11, 10:02 PM

Flash watches Tinkerbell's reaction with a calculating gaze, and listens intently as they speak, "I will warn both of you now, as I often do anyone I first meet. I have both audio and video recorders on my person... multiple recorders. I record all actions in a field around me... as such, I review all recordings at a later time, and keep a set video log of my life. Because of that, if you ever wish to speak to me privately, without being recorded, it will be prompt of you to ask me to censor my recordings as I go over them. All Consillium business, is of course, censored information."

He cracks his knuckles, "Like Tinkerbell, I am schooled in both the High Speech of Atlantean, and versed in the art of Rune-drawing. If either of you have Sanctums, as Tinkerbell obviously does... I would be more then happy to setup a Ward across the premises so that no one may divine on the area. However, that is Step 2."

He smiles, "I think we have come back around to Step 1, of the Cabal. Let us start simply with a name. Do either of you have any suggestions?"

lawful_evil
2008-01-12, 05:34 PM
Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell raises an eyebrow at Flash's offer and says, "I appreciate the offer, but I, as I suspect you understand, am not willing to let you into my sanctum and allow you to just setup wards that I don't fully understand."

Tinkerbell scratches his chin as he says, "As to a name for the cabal... I am a bit at a loss. What are the other cabal's named? Must the name have significance of special meaning? Rather than waste away our lives trying to think of something catchy, why not simply use something more utilitarian? Anaxenev Cabal #4, or whatever."

Tinkerbell smirks slightly and then offers, "Well, we don't want something grandiose which might provoke the Guardians, perhaps something subdued and defeatist? 'The Lost Boys'?"

Premsyl
2008-01-12, 05:50 PM
Chaeron

Chaeron smiles lightly "A good suggestion. We are of numerous walks of life, so my suggestion is 'The Variorum Project,' Variorum meaning 'Of Various People.'"

Forgotten T.S.
2008-01-12, 06:06 PM

Flash nods slightly at each of them as they make their suggestions, as he casually types on the roll-up keyboard displaying the three suggestions on the wall. He does take a moment to look towards Tinkerbell, "I understand your reasonings well enough... it was merely an offer to help you with your defenses. I'm sure as you come to know me more, and my magics, you might trust with the task. It's something I offer openly to both of you... which will be address in Step 2." He smiles wide, a good-natured jest to his ability to always bring things right back around to his step-by-step programs.

"I had a little time to draft up my own recommendations for our name... however, I can assure you Tinkerbell, our name won't be of any concern to the Guardians. Unless we plan on giving our name out to Sleeper's, of course. Though, the Consillium might take offense if we give ourselves a mocking name to the traditions of the Orders.

"As to my suggestions, and Phos's by extension, I would like to build upon Chaeron's. Your suggestion is fine, and I approve highly of it. It sounds nice, and carries a solid ground of power with it. As well, it sounds rather modern... and anything I can do or say, to make these robe-wearing spell-slingers see the light of the modern era, I'm completely for." He smiles and chuckles softly, "My suggestion on top of Chaeron's, is a representing symbol of our Cabal. For that, I would like to represent the Atlantean Rune for the Number 4. As there are four of us, and together we form the base foundation for everything that our cabal will become."

He hits a button and the rune pops up on the screen*, "Simply my suggestion..." He casually tosses his gaze over to Phosphorous before looking back to the other two without saying a word to his partner-in-crime, "Phosphorous agrees that it would be a good combination."

-----------

*- This is my depiction of the rune. Side note to that, this is the Nordic Rune for Mannaz, which represents the association and deployment of many people to accomplish goals. Thought it would be a funny little thing to add.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j196/Standbyclose/Forum%20Art/mannaz.gif

Premsyl
2008-01-12, 06:17 PM
Chaeron

"I'm pleased you like it." He's smiling as if he didn't expect it go over well. "Your suggestion for a sigil is perfect, in my opinion. I approve."

lawful_evil
2008-01-13, 08:40 AM
Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell nods at the sigil gesturing with at it says, "That I like. Simple and not very revealing. Vox mentioned something about setting it in concrete. Do you think we are expected to produce a physical instance of this rune?"

Tinkerbell leans back as much as possible without breaking the chair and says, "I'm not so sure about the name, I'd have preferred something less ..." TInkerbell struggles for the right word eventually adding, "... less um.. latin, and maybe a little more comprehensible."

Tinkerbell shrugs and then adds, "But as I said earlier, 'Cabal number 4' would be acceptable, and so I would like to spend no more time I this."

Forgotten T.S.
2008-01-13, 09:40 AM

"Let us come back to the specific name, for now allow us to simply let the Sigil represent us. We may come back to the name at the end of our meeting and vote on it. As to 'concrete', I am sure Vox was simply saying we needed to settle all of our internal affairs. Such as the saying of putting everything into stone, so it doesn't change.

"Now, onto the real meat and potatoes of the Cabal. Structure. Since there are four us... the best way to handle these affairs is a setup like the Senior Council. With all four of us, the main four, being the Senior Council of the Cabal. From there, we vote on any issue that affects us, or the Consillium. Anytime we vote, there must be a majority rule, which means 3 to 1 votes, to have something happen.

"This means that when we vote on subjects, there is a large chance we will tie. Because of this, we need a tie-breaker. Obviously it can't be anyone outside of the Cabal, and must be one of us. In the event of ties, instead of squabbling, bickering, and otherwise causing serious internal issues, the matter shall be turned to this person to decide our course of action."

Flash pauses to allow the others to soak up what he has said, and say whatever they might desire to on the subject.

lawful_evil
2008-01-13, 01:20 PM
Tinkerbell

Meat and potatoes ... mmmm

Tinkerbell raises and eyebrow and then shakes his head slowly in disagreement, "You seem to be advocating a 'leader' or someone who would, in essence, get a second vote. I not believe that particular step is needed at this time." Using his left hand, Tinkerbell traces a scar on his right hand and then says, "If three of the four of us can not be convinced of the wisdom of an action, that action may not be as wise as its advocates might think."

After taking another deep breath, Tinkerbell asks, "I am willing to accept 3 to 1 decisions, but I would consider a 'tie' to be a failed vote. I would like to know what sort of actions one would need cabal approval on. We obviously do not want to meet and vote before every action. We must be free to do some things under our own authority. I would hope we can prepare dinner without the Cabal's oversight."

Forgotten T.S.
2008-01-13, 02:31 PM

"I agree with your latter point... and that's something on the agenda. What we need to vote on, and what we need not vote on. Peppered points... really, but still something we must be willing to look at. As to what I think we should be voting on... mostly it would voting on when we place the Cabal in a situation, or when someone wants to say that they having the backing of our Cabal. We can't simply allow any of us, or anyone we know, to say that we are fully backing them on an issue, without first discussing it.

"That is the type of thing I refer to when we would need to vote on things. It's not as if I can simply waltz up a vampire coven, and go on and on about how I have the Consillium's full support and backing, without first discussing it with them. We don't want anyone bringing shame on us, without first setting the agenda.

"Phosphorous actually had the same lines of thought as you on the representation of a Leader, Tinkerbell. I honestly felt that a simple dependence of tie separating a point, is a degree of auxiliary that was simply wrong, and was harmful to a situation. However, that is what this discussion is about. Working out the kinks, and all."

lawful_evil
2008-01-13, 03:13 PM
Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell just sits and looks at Flash for a good 30 seconds trying to figure out what he just said. Did he agree? Wait, no Phosphorous agrees. Okay, that's good. Does he disagree? I guess thats the only option left.

Tinkerbell shakes his head to clear the confusion and agrees with the part he understood, "I concur, we should consult with and acquire the cabal's approval before telling anyone we have the cabal's approval. I would take it a step further and suggest that one should consult the cabal before entering a Vampire coven, regardless of what they intend to say. Provoking the other, .. um.. residents of Anaxenev is something that should be carefully considered."

Tinkerbell then looks to Phosphorous and says, "I'm glad to hear you agree, but..." He turns and looks back to Flash adding, "I'm unsure of what your exact concern was."

Forgotten T.S.
2008-01-13, 03:28 PM

Flash smiles slightly, "Hell, I will completely agree with you on that point. We shouldn't even be talking to any supernatural groups without Consillium approval. There is a truce, like the Herald stated, and despite any of our personal goals... our first loyalties are the Consillium, and it's progression.

"As to my concern? I am simply concerned that if we come to a point that any of us fill is high-priority, and it's simply shunted, not due to majority rule, but to a technicality, like a tie... it will cause issues. I am more then happy to lay down any thoughts about a tie-breaker member, as I'm not married to the idea... I just want to make sure my thoughts to it are stated, and everyone is aware of the concern."

Premsyl
2008-01-13, 03:40 PM
Chaeron

"I agree with the concept of a tie-breaker. We may have important decisions to render, as we will be leading what may become an influential cabal full of young mages. We can't just allow no choice to be made on what could be an important decision, all for the reason of split opinions. However, I do not know any of you well enough to recommend anyone for that position. It seems to me that we might cycle the position among we four, perhaps monthly, at least until such point that one of us stands out to the others as qualified to hold the position longer."

Forgotten T.S.
2008-01-13, 03:53 PM
Cortex Flash - Consillium Flash

Flash nods slightly towards Chaeron for the support on the issue, "I can agree to the concept of cycling us each in the position, as we get to know eachother, and to allow each person to understand the weights that sit on the persons shoulder that must hold the position fulltime. Since there are four of us, it would be wise the for the first four months of our standing, one of us will hold the position each month. Then at the end of the four months, we will vote on who we believe should hold the position.

"For purposes of unbiased slotting of who gets what months... we should simply go alphabetically. With Chaeron this month, then myself, then Tinkerbell, and then Phosphorous. What are your thoughts Tinkerbell? Phosphorous is willing to give this four months to see if it pans out or not."

lawful_evil
2008-01-13, 04:00 PM
Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell looks down at the floor for a while during Flash and Chaeron's comments, but once they've had their say he looks up adding, "Having a tie breaker amongst us seems to invite an abuse of power. Any issue so urgent and critical should be the sort of thing it would be easy to get a unanimous vote on, not the sort of thing you would have to worry about having a tie'."

Tinkerbell straightens his legs, stretching them and then adds, "It would seem we have our first disagreement. The question is, how do we resolve it, seeing as the disagreement is regarding how to resolve disagreements."

Looking back to Chaeron, Tinkerbell adds, "I am not opposed to resolving ties, just to having a single representative of this body have that power, even if it rotates. I think consolidation of power like that results in repression of discussion and does not encourage distribution of knowledge."

Tinkerbell clenches his fist and relaxs before adding, "Anyone sponsoring an issue before this body would need only convince the Tie Breaker and one other member and would need not even bother discussing the issue with the remaining two members. Perhaps something which spreads the power instead of consolidating it?"

"Upon a tie, if the sponsor of an issue feels that the issue is critical and that this body made the wrong decision, I would suggest that this body then bring in an outside tie breaker. Perhaps bringing it to a full vote of all cabal members, including lesser members, apprentices, and such."

Premsyl
2008-01-13, 04:18 PM
Chaeron

Chaeron nods as Tinkerbell speaks, spreading his hands "Your concerns echo my own, friend. Your idea is truly the most democratic approach. A cabal-wide vote may serve our purposes. However, I must disagree with bringing in outside assistance in our decision-making. We've been given this amount of power to make decisions, and to allow anyone else to do it for us would be, I feel, betraying the amount of trust placed in us by the Concillium." He sighs "If only there were 5 of us. Forgive me, but my next suggestion is a bit based on my secondary arcanum." He digs in his pocket and pulls out a coin "If we mortals can not decide then perhaps we shall allow for Fate to do it for us? Not so official as a tie-breaker or a large vote, but there can be no question as to the outcome. Just so long as we are all careful that no magical influence be placed upon the coin-toss." He frowns as if he's not a huge fan of the idea.

Wraithkin
2008-01-13, 04:26 PM

As the conversation progresses, Phos looks up at his friend and his typing halts. Something has definitely drawn his attention. "A rotation of authority will only create moments of personal agenda accomplishment, even though it may only be on a subconscious level. Instead of authority rotation, we have exclusion rotation. This way there will always be three voting seats, only no imbalance of power will be present. The fourth member will be able to present arguments and data that will support their position, but no actual vote-bearing authority will be there. This is the only viable solution I see so at all times there is an equal balance of authority." He speaks quietly still, no emotion sitting within his voice. His lips barely move, and his hands never leave the keyboard.

Comments said, he stands as he grabs his snifter. Draining the last of the fire liquid in it, he walks to the cart and refreshes his drink. Walking back to his chair, he sits back down and resumes working on the computer. "I anticipate forty-three minutes until completion on the last matrix. Compilation is expected to run eighteen minutes and forty-five seconds." He mutters almost idly as background thrumming of his typing nearly drowns out his voice.

Forgotten T.S.
2008-01-13, 04:32 PM

Flash lifts his hand and rubs his jawline, contemplating all that was being said as he looked towards Phosphorous. Shaking his head he smirks, "Good timing. I finished the other two last night, you'll find them on the eighth redundancy drive, password is Matchstick. One word, capital m." He looks back to the others, "I am highly opposed to the thought of an outsider being used as a tiebreaker, as is Phosphorous. I do like the idea of using the subordinates of the Cabal to cast a popularity vote in with our own. As to only using three people, I don't believe that is feasible. It will of course allow for an odd-number vote, which is good for progression... but it is out of line, for peoples thoughts and feelings. We are all equal, and to exclude one of us our rightful vote... well, I don't need to say what happens to people when they allow their darker thoughts to take control.

"As of right now, it's moot considering that we are the only ones part of the group... however it warrants documenting for when we do have under-followers.

"How about this? In the event of a tie, if two or more members decide that issue must be given more consideration then it was before... then they may call for a secondary vote after supplying their own reasons behind it. If at the time, the other two members still feel that it is not good enough to sway their votes... then the issue is put to rest. Then, as we gain more people into our group... we will create a voting slot as an invisible fifth chair to the circle of four, that we represent. The fifth chair, will be a group vote from everyone in the cabal, with majority deciding the sway. That way we won't need a tie-breaker out of the cabal itself, and it will appease our subordinates, when we have them, that their opinions and thoughts hold representation to us. A literal proof, if you will.

"How does that sound? Bell's idea is rather sound in that regard."

Premsyl
2008-01-13, 04:40 PM
Chaeron

Chaeron has taken to flipping and catching his coin, seemingly interested by the results, still paying attention however. "I am in concurrence with Flash on his latest proposal. It not only gives us time to re-evaluate an issue, but will also, as he said, make our subordinates feel as a part of the decision making process, from time to time. After all," he smiles, catching his coin. Heads. "If we are to take this conversation into account, then we may need the votes of our cabal as a whole more often than we might anticipate."

Wraithkin
2008-01-13, 04:41 PM

Nodding, he continues working without a hiccup in movement. While typing, he glances at Flash and then looks back to his screen.

lawful_evil
2008-01-13, 06:28 PM
Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell nods and smiles when the idea of a rotating absence is proposed. Yes, excellent However, after the others speak, he agrees with them, "I concur that a rotating absent member would serve to marginalize them, even if it might allow for them to squeeze in some much needed research."

Eventually Tinkerbell comes to understand the convoluted speech of Flash and also agrees with his version of Tinkerbell's own idea. "Yes, a delayed vote, with the secondary vote allowing the for the fifth chair. Let us hope that when our cabal grows we will have an odd number of members." Either that or a number of odd member...

Tinkerbell sits up straight again and asks another question, to move the discussion along, "What will happen should one of us be absent due to injury, illness, or any of the other unexpected things that can happen? Will two of the three votes result in a tie or would that result in passage? Or perhaps we will fail decide that we don't have a quorum in that case?"

Premsyl
2008-01-13, 06:36 PM
Chaeron

Chaeron contemplates this a moment. "Perhaps a representative from the general cabal, elected by the cabal." He pockets his coin, tapping his chin with a finger, absent-mindedly smelling the hand that held the coin. Metallic. "Though we should hold elections only in the case of absence. Were we to make a constant office of that position then we may find a 5th member on our council."

Forgotten T.S.
2008-01-13, 06:43 PM

"Well, much like the Consillium's Council... if someone doesn't show up to represent themselves, they must either send someone in their place to vote for them, or their vote is simply discounted. I believe, like the Senior Council... we should have a monthly meeting to bring up things we need to vote on... and if pressings matters arise, we can call together an emergency meeting of us. We should all have preparations in such cases that we don't think we can make it to a meeting.

"If someone is absent, and they have not assigned anyone to sit in proxy for them... then there would only be a voting of those assembled. If, say for instance, Tinkerbell missed our monthly meeting. If he also didn't assign a proxy, then when we voted on an issue, his vote would simply not count. If myself and Phosphorous agreed on a certain point, and put on votes on an issue, yet Chaeron voted against us... then majority would rule in favor and mine and Phosphorous's decision.

"I see no reason to give any sort of special attention outside of that. I also don't think we need either this... representative for the Cabal. We are all representatives of the Cabal and, as Senior members, we are capable making temporary decisions until such that time a formal meeting can be called. Also, I see no reason for a 5th member. The fifth chair of our Senior Council should be an invisible seat. We cast a vote among our lessers, and then the majority ruling of that vote, will decide how the invisible seat votes."

Premsyl
2008-01-13, 06:49 PM
Chaeron

"Ah, you mistake my meaning. I no more desire a 5th member of our council than you do. The point I was trying to make is that if we were to allow the other members of our cabal to elect a constant substitute councilor, then we might find our decision making power contested by the rest of the cabal." He sits back, steepling his fingers "I agree with your proposal, however. It is simple, and unobtrusive. I only can hope that we shall never find an emergency situation wherein one or more of us is unaccounted for."

Forgotten T.S.
2008-01-13, 06:52 PM

"No more then I do, Chaeron, no more then I. However, that's where we come down to all... and we must trust eachother. Not trust eachother to do what's politically correct, or what is financially correct... but what is right. To steal a proverb of a late mentor of mine... we must do what is right, not what is easy."

He smiles slightly.

lawful_evil
2008-01-14, 07:08 AM
Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell sways his head side to side as if sloshing something around inside it and then says, "I like the idea of a proxy, but I am opposed to allowing this body to vote without either. What is to stop this body from holding an impromptu meeting and voting on some critical issue when one of the issue's opponents is known to unavailable to and unable to designate a proxy."

"I suggest that only at regularly scheduled meetings, with absentee members, should a 2-1 vote be allowed to pass. I further suggest that at any impromptu meetings, the 3 vote majority is needed, even if only 3 members are present."

Premsyl
2008-01-14, 04:14 PM
Chaeron

Chaeron sighs thoughtfully "Flash stated, and I agree with him, that we must learn to trust one another." He pauses a second "At least until that time, however, your idea is acceptable to me." He slumps back in his chair, hoping they can all soon come to an agreement.

Forgotten T.S.
2008-01-14, 05:17 PM

Flash scratches his jaw as he one-handedly types on his computer, listening as the others speak. As Chaeron speaks, he lets out a sigh, "Well... while I am, reluctant to this... I am comforted that someone is willing to revisit on the subject. I believe we have covered a lot of ground... allow me to recap. Let us put all this to a vote. If you will turn your attention to the display on the wall, this is what we are voting on."

Cabal Name: The Variorum Project
Sigil: Atlantean Rune for the #4

Senior Council: 4 Members of the Cabal. As represented by the original founders. Council Members may elect proxy's to sit in their seat in their absence. Unless due to permanent absence , and the lack of a standing scion to your chair... new Council Members may be voted in at a majority vote of the remaining Council.

Note: An invisible fifth chair exists, who's vote is cast in the majority outcome of a cabal-wide vote. No real person holds this position, and no influence may be cast from this seat.

Agenda of Meetings: Monthly Meetings shall be stated arranged and scheduled at least 1 Month in advance of each meeting. Meaning, that the time and place of the next meeting will be announced at the end of each meeting. Old Business shall be conducted at the beginning of each scheduled meeting, followed by Current Internal Affairs, followed by New Business.

At all regularly scheduled meetings, a majority vote of the Senior Council (3/5) shall be the ruling of each piece of business. If a Council Member misses a regularly schedule meeting, a majority vote is still counted as a decision.

At all emergency meetings, every voting must be cast, as if at a regularly scheduled meeting, with all Council Members in attendance. Even if a Council Member is absent from the proceedings, it must be acted as if they are there, and their vote is in opposition.

Note: Emergency Meetings may be called, and arranged within 1 day of announcement.

Important Note: If a Senior Member is not present for a meeting; either due to disability, unspecified reasons, or other pressing matters. They have the option to elect a proxy to sit in their seat, and cast their vote for them however the proxy sees fit.

Flash coughs slightly into his fist, "You'll have to excuse the crudeness of it, usually I'm pretty decent with my presentations. I'll make it much more respectable looking after we have everything set. Unless I'm missing anything here... let's put it to a vote. Everyone in favor of everything listed here?"

Flash raises his hand.

Premsyl
2008-01-14, 05:30 PM
Chaeron

Chaeron promptly raises his hand. "I'm in favor of ending closing this topic and moving on, I see nothing in this outline that cannot be ironed out at a later time, if found to be unsatisfactory."

lawful_evil
2008-01-14, 05:38 PM
Tinkerbell

Before raising his hand, Tinkerbell says, "I am in favor of what you have printed there, but I wonder if we shouldn't attempt a first draft of guidelines regard what sort of things should be brought before this body."

Wraithkin
2008-01-14, 07:45 PM

Sighing at being interrupted again, and dismissively raises his hand for a moment, then goes back to typing.

Forgotten T.S.
2008-01-14, 07:55 PM

"Phosphorous, and I, also believe that it's getting time cut this meeting short. We have several things on our agenda for the evening already." He smiles as he lowers his hand, "Looks like we have a full majority for the implementing of these provisions. As, well... a majority vote to put this meeting to a close for the day."

He smiles as he reaches into his robes and pulls out two black business cards and hands them to Tinkerbell and Chaeron. They read:

Comic Consillium
Where every wizard has his day!

"You will find the address to our local branch on there, and on the back you will find my Consillium cell-phone number, and my email address for anything you might wish to contact me about. Please do not hesitate to call me if you need anything, as I am available to either of you if you would like warding placed on your dwellings and/or sanctums, as well as anything else I can offer you.

"Also, do not forget we have a meeting with the Lady Herald at 2:00pm, at Florians. Best to not be late." He smiles as he begins packing up his gear, and taking off of his robes to reveal a rather blank outfit of black denim jeans, and a simple black buttonup shirt over a white-t. "Always gotta look my best for the bigwigs." He comments as he stuffs the robes into a backpack he's wearing along with his gear.

He looks around to see if there is anything else that is needed of him.

Premsyl
2008-01-14, 08:09 PM
Chaeron

Chaeron glances at the card as he stands. He puts it in his pocket as he bends down to pick up his sidepack, and sling it onto his shoulder. "Well, it was a pleasure to meet you gentlemen. I'm interested to see how this pans out. If I need anything, I'll be in touch. See you tomorrow." Chaeron nods at his fellows, and starts for the door. Heading for the exit and his bicycle.

lawful_evil
2008-01-15, 07:21 AM
Tinkerbell

When the meeting suddenly ends, Tinkerbell is at a loss for a few moments and then inquires, "Obviously we could discuss the scope of our domain at the next meeting, but I should think that we should at least decide when, and perhaps where, our next meeting is before adjourning."

Forgotten T.S.
2008-01-15, 11:41 AM

Flash looks towards Tinkerbell, "I am currently in negotiations for a building here in town... once I have hammered out the details, I will let you know. Everything should be arranged by tomorrow, before our meeting. I will let you know then."

lawful_evil
2008-01-15, 11:42 AM
Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell raises an eyebrow at that and then says, "Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought we were supposed to be equals, when did The Variorum Project direct you to make those arrangements? It would seem you are just going off and doing what you wish without consulting us."

Tinkerbell stands up, seeing as everyone else seem to be standing and he doesn't like to look up. He then adds, "Even if we all agree on that location, which we have not, I would expect that you'd need input regarding our schedules. How else will the meeting be scheduled?"

Seeing everyone still inching towards the door, Tinkerbell then suggests, in a slightly louder voice, "I really think we should remain and finish the discussion and hash out more of these details before you take complete control over The Variorum Project. You need to put the interests of this cabal above those of your mundane business dealings."

Forgotten T.S.
2008-01-15, 12:08 PM

Flash stops in his tracks as Tinkerbell talks, and he tilts his head slightly looking at the wall before looking back over his shoulder towards the man. Slowly he turns around and plants his feet a little bit, "I would... expect a little gratitude here, Tinkerbell. I am going through immense financial annoyance to set usu p with a secure and proper place for our meetings. I have pre-arranged several different schedule calenders for us, which may vote on after tomorrows meeting with the Herald... and what I seem to be getting in return... is suspcion."

He stuffs his hands into his jean pockets, "First, I'll thank you to keep your thoughts of my... mundane business dealings, to yourself, and what you think of my sympathic connection to this cabal to yourself as well. I have demonstrated nothing but blossoming devotion to this organization... while you have offered nothing but obstacles and hesitance. Allow me to be blunt... if you don't like the things I propose... give an alternative, because during our entire meeting here, you have offered nothing, and instead interjected innuendo of distrust.

"I'm not here to grasp yours reigns, and tell you what to do. I am helping us get on our road of greatness... and I would hope that, like Chaeron here, you would provide me with an inch of help and thanks. Now... this meeting has been adjourned due to a majority vote, and I have several... mundane business things to get to. If you perchance have something more constructive to add tomorrow at our meeting following the one with the Herald... then you may bring it up then."

With a tight-thin lipped look, Flash walks over to a second door that leads out of the room and lifts his hand, while chanting something soft under his breathe... and rhythmic chanting that builds up as he slows draws hand down through the air, cutting what looks like hole into the very reality of what was there*. Nothing but blackness exists on the other side as Flash gestures for Phosphorous to go through first, and then looks towards the others, "Until tomorrow." He bows and then walks through the spatial rift, which after a few moments, seals up with a faint hiss of displaced air.

----------

Casting Rote Spell: Portal
To: Intimate Location
Success Needed: 1
Dice Pool: 3 + 0 + 3 = 6
Dice Penalty -2
*See OOC Thread for Rolls.

Wraithkin
2008-01-15, 01:25 PM

Phos sighs as he unplugs his keyboard while the two men discuss their differences. The keyboard is rolled back up, the computer stashed, and the leather tote is hoisted over his shoulder. He walks towards Flash and towards the rift, and pauses for a moment and speaks without turning to look at Tinkerbell. "Remember Tink, you don't know us, nor what we do. You merely know that we are expending our personal resources -- financial, time, and most importantly personal obscurity -- so this group as a whole can prosper and have a place where it is safe for us to conduct our business. We risk much, and you risk nothing. Some form of gratitude would be appropriate at a time like this." His voice cuts through the air like a knife, annoyance evident in his words. With that, he walks through the rift and disappears.

lawful_evil
2008-01-15, 02:49 PM
Tinkerbell

Once those Flash and Phosphorus have disappeared, Tinkerbell gives a howl of anger and smashes his fist down on the chair.

"That self centered egotistic ... Argh!"

Tinkerbell howls again and clenches his fists looking for something to hit. "Did he not pay attention? I offered quite a few suggestions, most designed to protect us. Can he not see that? Then he just up and leaves after claiming we voted to do so when, in fact, no one voted on that matter at all. He simply mentioned it, but we never brought it forward for a vote."

Then Phosphorus' words come back to him... "Ah, that... geek. Who is he to ignore the whole proceeding and then chide me for not appreciating the things they did that I didn't want them to do? No one asked them to risk anything. We had just decided not to go and take actions on behalf of the cabal and then what is the first thing they do? Before the meeting is even finished, I might add? They go and attempt to buy a building for the cabal?"

Why? Why does this have to happen to me. Tinkerbell collapses to his hands and knees and just stares at the ground. Why was I thrown in with these... these Mysteriumiacs? Now I'm stuck. No way out. *sigh*

Premsyl
2008-01-15, 06:47 PM
Chaeron

Chaeron had, of course, stuck around when Tinkerbell and Flash began their conversation. He had decided not to interject his own opinion, however. And he still remains at the end of it. Frowning, he leans up against the door jamb. "I will agree with you on their egotism. And I'm not exactly sure how Phosphorous counts as a whole member of our cabal when it seems as if he and Flash share the same opinions most of the time... Honestly, Tinkerbell, I don't know any other Arrow mages who like to deliberate as much as you do. I'm ready to go home, which helped inspire my cooperation. I agree with many of Flash's ideas, but all of it could use work. And work we shall. I don't want to think that the two of them have an individual agenda, but let's be careful shall we?" He sighs, standing up straight from his leaning position, and adjusts the shoulder strap on his sidepack. "I have no intention of letting any individual, or even a couple of individuals lead this cabal exclusively. We must both remain vigilant. I will do what I think is right, no matter what. I hope you will do the same." He is quiet for a moment, contemplating, then says, "I don't know man... Like I said, we'll be careful. You didn't have anything else to ask of me, did you?"

lawful_evil
2008-01-16, 06:25 AM
Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell looks up from his depressive collapse to find Chaeron still there. He struggle to his feet, regaining his composure and nods at Chaeron's soothing words. Almost smiling Tinkerbell, adds, "I do not like deliberation, but I do not have it in me to just lay down and be rolled over by them. I must fight for what I believe and what I want."

Tinkerbell nods and says, "I also agreed with most of the ideas, of course some of them were my own, so... But, in anycase, I wanted to hammer out some protections for the members before the package was agreed upon. I didn't want to take the chance that they would stifle further debate on the subject claiming 'it had been agreed upon'."

Tinkerbell sighs and says with a smile, "I move to adjourn the meeting." He then raises his hand and says, "Be safe."

Assuming Chaeron either agrees to adjourn, or leaves(in which case Tink is the majority vote), Tinkerbell will leave as well. Tinkerbell walks home, taking a wide arc through the city, staying on streets with lots of traffic and avoiding dark alley.

Premsyl
2008-01-16, 02:36 PM
Chaeron

Chaeron raises his own hand with a small smile. "Meeting adjourned. It was nice meeting you, Tinkerbell. Until tomorrow." He turns, and leaves. Heading for his bicycle, and peddling off into some of the worst parts of town.

Nuada
2008-01-17, 02:12 PM
The day has dawned misty and chill, Mestr is invisble to the north and the Lido hovers ghostly to the south. At two o'clock in the Piazza Grande and the square is bustling. The sacrament of the temple of Khonsu-Tohut is ongoing, the insane chants of the priests waver at the edge of hearing distorting the brain toward cultic ecstasy. Across the square the bells of the Kroneum ring, their sonorous tones floating along the baroque cloisters surrounding shops and government buildings as people stream out of the pronaos.

Dressed in a white wool tunic dress, four inch heels with a white patent leather clutch and ravishing fuchsia overcoat the woman you know as Vox Populi exits the temple, removing a sheer headscarf as she kisses goodbye three other women. Smiling she stalks her way across the piazza towards those of you here early. Bidding you a good afternoon she kisses you on both cheeks.

”Hello, I do hope all is going well. Come sit inside, Janurary is always horrid isn't it. We're just lucky there's no Alta Aqua today.” She leads you to a table inside, simply nodding at the doorman and crosses her legs elegantly as she takes a table by a window with five seats, one of a noticably larger size than the others. Sitting in the beautifully rococo and c-respondingly uncomfortable chair with no apparent effort she catches a waiters eye as he passes. ”A macchiato thank you Carlo and” she looks over, ”for you?”

Premsyl
2008-01-17, 10:01 PM
Chaeron

Chaeron is just rolling up on a red bicycle when Vox exits the temple. He locks his bike up against a light post and walks over to her, and any others. He smiles at the traditional greetings, and follows Vox inside. He takes a seat at the table facing away from the window, setting down the same black sidepack you saw yesterday. He doesn't even look like he changed clothes. His hair is damp suggesting a recent shower. Looking up at the waiter "Ah, um. Ice Water with Lemon."

Forgotten T.S.
2008-01-17, 10:38 PM

Flash and Phosphorous seem to have already found a place at the table Vox chooses, having arrived early for the meeting. Flash stands gracefully as Vox approaches and gives her a customary greeting, while he's dressed in little more modern attire then the other day. A simple pair of straight legged black denim pants, with a rather tight-fit black-t displaying a pair of stick figures talking in 1's and 0's. A black-red tie is rung haphazardly around his neck, as he keeps an open dark green long-sleeved shirt over it all.

He smiles politely to his fellow cabal mates as he sees them. He holds up his own glass indicating he already had his drink with a polite and silent smile.

Nuada
2008-01-18, 06:42 AM
"You continue to impress with your initiavtive Signor Flashy. Signor Chaeron, you look like you have been working, I'm sure your dedication is an example to us all." The drinks arrive with perfect innocuous servility. "Grazie Carlo. I do appologise for being delayed service at Phoibe's altar cannot be rushed.

Well we aren't all here so I'll save my good news and we can save the shop talk. Do take some time to look over the menus." She sips her drink as the drizzle starts to patter on the stones of the square and the orchestra resume their playing with Paganini's Quartet No. 4. "Have any of you come here before? It really is an institution though becoming so popular with tourists. The price of living in a globalised world I suppose."

Wraithkin
2008-01-18, 10:44 AM

Phos is quiet as usual, but instead of tapping furiously on a touchpad or keypad, he merely sits idly dragging the stylus around on the tablet computer of his while a glass of green fluid sits eight inches from his left hand. "Huh... US Market is down thirty-two and six-fifteenths. May have to keep an eye on a few items and make some moves, Flash." He double ticks something, and another window pops open on the screen. "Ouch... durable goods is down. That may be why." His voice is still as subdued as yesterday, but the 'forget everyone else' edge is gone. Clearly, he was distracted and had a deadline to meet. Picking up the bright green-liquid glass, he takes a sip and holds the glass up in front of his eyes. "They gotta work on their mix." He says slightly drily, setting the glass down in its exact spot as before. Unlike his friend, his attire is more formal, though relaxed compared to yesterday. A navy undershirt peeks through a casual sportcoat thrown over and a pair of black khaki's rest on his legs.

Forgotten T.S.
2008-01-18, 11:34 AM

Flash merely humbly bows his head at Vox's praise and smiles subduely as he looks towards Phosphorous, "Run bots five through nine, they can monitor thr progression and get us out if anything goes to far downhill. For now, we are at a meeting, Phos." He rolls his eyes slightly and takes a sip of his own drink and looks towards Vox, "As you know, I only came to this city roughly a month ago. So, I am afraid I have yet to have a chance and frequent any of the local fineries."

He smiles slightly and contents himself on listening as he looks towards the temple with an odd look before looking back to Vox.

lawful_evil
2008-01-18, 01:11 PM
Tinkerbell

After a long restless night, Tinkerbell rises early to stroll around the city, trying to keep his finger a the pulse of the city. Around noon, he has something to eat and then begins the long walk to Florians. The exercise does him good and give him time to think and work off some of his excess energy.

When he arrives at Florians, he gets the feeling his is late, though his watch shows 2pm exactly. All the same, his continues on his path, going over to the table with the rest of the cabal and the sharply dressed Herald. Tinkerbell smiles at the large chair, sits down, and says in his deep rumbly voice, "Good afternoon". Tinkerbell admires Vox's shoes for a moment wondering how she walks in those on the brick streets without killing herself.

When the waiter pops around, Tinkerbell orders, "Cafe au lait" hopeful they will fulfill his order without taking offense.

Premsyl
2008-01-18, 07:41 PM
Chaeron

Chaeron receives his water, squeezing the lemon into it. Frowning at a seed that drops to the bottom of his glass. He looks up and smiles at Vox. "You can tell, huh? A friend and I have been looking closely into certain aspects of local history... Really uninteresting so far, but who knows what one will find with enough digging?" He peruses the menu, still smiling. I know all to well the cost of living in today's world. He says without looking up. "This is my first time here. I don't spend much time in this part of town, you see. What's good here?"

Wraithkin
2008-01-18, 10:36 PM

Muttering something about procreation and meetings, and their direct interaction, he taps a few items on the display and half-throws half-sets the tablet PC on the table, irritation at having to deal with others clearly evident. Sighing, he picks up his drink and pulls on it hard, downing at least a full mouthful before setting it back down, boredom on his face. He liked teleconferences... he could surf the web at the same time as talk. Or chat... yeah. That was nice too. Looking down at his left hand, a titanium spinner-ring sits on his ring finger and he idly spins it, thoughts of a time long-past being brought to the forefront of his mind. A picture of his now-dead wife comes unbidden into his mind, and he scowls again as the pangs of the past come forward to the present. Clenching his fist, he picks up the drink again and takes another pull.

lawful_evil
2008-01-19, 06:04 AM
Tinkerbell

As Tinkerbell waits for his coffee, he crosses his legs, putting his right foot up on his left knee. The then leans back slightly closing his eyes and enjoys the warmth of the sun on his face. He smiles slightly as he takes deep breaths and waits for Vox to get on with it.

What kind of a meeting can we have here? We are not really free to discuss anything or be ourselves with all these sleepers around.

Nuada
2008-01-20, 08:19 AM
"Singor Bell, exactly on time. Thank you for joining us. Well it is a miserable day, let us eat, drink and plot in the most famous of the City's restaurants though," she speaks in a charmingly conspiritorial tone, "I have a few secret places I think are better.

It is nice to see a renaissance man in history, the divide between archaeology and history is so false to my lay eyes. But before I get sidetracked into my own curiosity I have news for you news that should be bringing you into these parts of town more often. However," she smiles, "I refuse to share it without lunch.

Antipasto, the artichoke, cheese and olive is divine, prosecco or shall we stick with what we've got?"

lawful_evil
2008-01-20, 09:43 AM
Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell nearly snarls at Vox when she abbreviates his name to Bell, but after clenching his fists several times, he takes several more deep breaths and then forces a smile. When the waiter returns he'll order a light cheese and fruit appetizer.

Oh great. News that will bring me across town more often. Tinkerbell sighs and forces another smile, trying to be patient while he waits for the guts of the meeting to commence.

Forgotten T.S.
2008-01-20, 11:31 AM

Flash smiles politely, "I am a bit famished, if you would be so kind as to order for me, madame? I am sure once I frequent here more often, dare I say it, I might be ordering for you." He winks as he takes a sip of his drink and sits back in his seat.

Premsyl
2008-01-20, 02:57 PM
Chaeron

Chaeron looks at the menu another minute "The artichoke, cheese, and olives sounds like an excellent idea, and I would love some prosecco. Don't know why I didn't think of it myself." Sure hope the herald's grabbing the check. "I'm eager to hear your news, but I can't say I'm disappointed to be eating first." He drums his fingers on the table. Looking around at the other diners in the establishment. Wondering at how out of place he is in a locale such as this.

lawful_evil
2008-01-20, 06:48 PM
Tinkerbell

When Flash, having failed to endear himself to Tinkerbell at the first meeting, continues to act cocky, Tinkerbell shakes his head in disgust and turns away to watch any passing pedestrians.

Oiy, who does this guy think he is? Has the power gone to his head or was he already that way before he awaken?

lawful_evil
2008-01-26, 08:27 AM
TInkerbell

Eventually bored with just sitting and watching the sleepers walk to and fro, he turns to Chaeron and queries, "How is the wine?" After glancing around again, he then asks, "Are you new to the city as well? Did you manage to find a place to live near here?"

Premsyl
2008-01-26, 11:55 AM
Chaeron

Chaeron sips the wine and nods approvingly "The wine is good. I recommend it." He sets down the glass, and looks to Tinkerbell, folding his hands on the table. "Not new, no. This is where I was born and raised, albeit self-raised. This is a little embarrassing actually, but I've only ever even left Anaxanev three times, and all of those times were after I awakened." He glances after a woman in a short skirt "I do have a place, though it's not near here. It's in a much less... Hmm... Presentable part of the city. It's not much. But it's a roof and four walls." He turns his attention back to his wine glass, picking it up "You're all foreigners, aren't you? What are your impressions of our grand city." He smirks blatantly, and sips his wine.

lawful_evil
2008-01-26, 01:03 PM
Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell nods at Chaeron as he speaks. With a glance at the short skirt, Tinkerbell adds, "I live on the far side of town which is, I can assure you, much less presentable." Putting his attention back on Chaeron, he says, "I am from this region, just not this particular city."

Tinkerbell twists looking around at the city and says, "I'm from a much smaller town. A place with a real community feel, where you know everyone. This city is... vast. Impersonal. Crowded. The interaction of the water and the city is very unique, but isn't to my liking. The waters become polluted and fouled by its interaction with so many people."

Ah yes, I remember the lake back home. Swimming, fishing, relaxing.

Premsyl
2008-01-26, 08:08 PM
Chaeron

Chaeron finishes off his glass of wine, lifting his glass and nodding at the waiter for a refill. "This city is overpopulated and sinking, that's true. I can't say I know much about 'real community feel.'" He smiles lightly, the waiter pouring his drink "No family, few friends. I 'know' lots of people, though. The city seems smaller, depending on who you know."

lawful_evil
2008-01-27, 07:19 AM
Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell shrugs his thin bony shoulders ands simply says, "Perhaps."