PDA

View Full Version : Threads of Entropy IC



Grymmheart
2008-01-10, 08:08 AM
Players selected by SomethingElse.

Cyrkinn, halfling ranger, CG, Threeshades
Skeye D'Kannith, human ranger/cyre scout, N, Grymmheart
Mellisandra, changeling rogue, CN, kemmotar
Kythian, (grey) elf [need a PM on this] cloistered cleric, N, Gnarnia
Iosef, human barbarian/cleric, CG, Maurkov
Valzoa, human cleric/exorcist of the silver flame, LG, Voth

SomethingElse
2008-01-10, 01:34 PM
It was nearly sunset in Rekkenmark, and the Tower stood high, reaching almost to the setting sun itself. The shadow the idol of military power seemed to cast over the path into the hamlet was an ominous one indeed to the makeshift adventuring party that approached.

As they moved along gradually, the sounds of chatter could be heard from the village. Adventurers came fairly frequently to Rekkenmark, so that was nothing unusual... but this party did not fit the usual cliché, being made up of several individuals of a priestly nature, yet none who understood the arcane arts. This was uncommon in Karrnath, because even though the undead-obsessed culture had a great use for priests, the airship that floated near the tower was a stark reminder to the layman that wizardry was the art of the land.

As the party approached the tanner's shop where they had been told to meet their mysterious employer, a man flung himself before them. He was ragged, and his ears seemed to show a slight point - a half-elf, perhaps?

"How many albatrosses have you slain today, adventurer?" he declared to the leader of the party, and although the adventurer might have been inclined to dismiss this as everday cliché from a townsperson who was excited at the sight of an adventuring party, in this case the beggar's plea seemed a bit more authentic. In the distance, a crow screamed...

kemmotar
2008-01-10, 02:14 PM
Belinda (as the party knows melissandra) steps forward and faces the beggar quickly sizing him up and says in a sweet kindly voice, barely audible above the hubbubb of the streets. The language is elven and she has a feeling the beggar in front of hehr may understand it.

Many greetings my friend, where do you come from and what do you want? We have no reason to slay anyone lest the pay be good and the reason just.

Maurkov
2008-01-10, 02:18 PM
Iosef

The large priest furrowed his brow and said, "Don't be rude. Speak plain, both of you."

((The past tense looks really weird to me, but I'll try to get used to it.))

SomethingElse
2008-01-10, 02:45 PM
The beggar glares at Iosef, as if the idea of speaking plain had been brought up be his mother at the same time she was teaching him to eat his broccoli +1. Then, he turns to Mellisandra and raises his eyebrows.

"Justice and pay generally go together when you want it to," he says. He opens his mouth to say more, but suddenly a young woman comes up behind him, her eyes wide.

"I'm really sorry!" she exclaims. "Uncle Thoris isn't supposed to be out today... it's just that he got really excited." She begins to drag him away, but before she can get him far, he cries out in the most dramatic voice he can muster, "He's not your true master! Don't trust the wizard!" Then, he ceases to give resistance, and allows himself to be pulled away, presumably to his hut.

The door to the tanners' store beckons...

kemmotar
2008-01-10, 02:54 PM
Melissandra-Belinda, marks the location where the old man was taken by the young woman, she then smiles at Iosef and says:

It appears this man was the perfect mix of crazy and wise. He knows much and perhaps it drove him mad. Shall we then trust his word or not? If we meet a wizard that is...What do all of you say?

When she finishes talking she looks expectantly at her fellow co-travellers.

Grymmheart
2008-01-10, 03:05 PM
Skeye looked on as her companions spoke to the beggar Thoris and his niece. She had only been in the area a few weeks after delivering the information secured from the Mournlands to nobleman Henrik. Her knew companions intrigued her and also offered a diversion from the morbid life she had been living trailing the whispers of the past.

Not one to speak often, Skeye held her tongue and waited to see how things played out. At the opening of the door, she peered into the store.

[roll0]

hope to reserve BLue as Skeye dialogue color

Threeshades
2008-01-10, 03:45 PM
Cyrkin having trouble to hide that she is not quite happy with her current location, pats the side of the neck of Karom, her clawfoot-steed who kept making steps on the spot like a nervous horse.

Internal thoughts:
Okay, Cyrri - as she likes others to call her - don't let them know that you feel like a paladin in a horde of Hobgoblin-Blackguards.
She straightens her mental shirt Okay, I'm a halfling, I'm supposed to be jolly. Yes I'm jolly!

She sets up a big grin and turns to her companions: "So...!"

Grymmheart
2008-01-10, 03:52 PM
Since meeting Cyrkin, Skeye had been most confortable interacting with the diminutive halfling.

"So, let's keep moving," she answered the shortened question. "All wizard are mad if you ask me," she continued in a hushed voice. Thinking back on the Day of Mourning, Skeye continued to hold her reservations on the arcane, as that was the likely cause of the disaster in her mind.

Threeshades
2008-01-10, 04:20 PM
Cyrkin felt relieved at the words of her old friend and she knew Karom would appreciate it too.
"The wisest words I heard this day." she replied, "let's go to some other place."
With the index finger of her right hand she poshes up her black headband and scratches her forehead with her middle finger.
"So where are we going to spend the night? Personally I like camping. Especially when it's on politcally neutral grounds."

Only now it appears to her that the others had just been speaking to an inhabitant of the city and she did hardly get a bit of the conversation as she was focused on nervously examining the surroundings.

kemmotar
2008-01-10, 04:34 PM
okay, let's just not forget the man we're meeting here. If you want I can go ahead and meet him and I can tell you all what he wants from us when I come back. Belinda says thinking to herself that it would be much easier to learn more from this mysterious contact if she were alone.

If that's okay with all of you, we can arrange a meeting in 2 hours right here so you can show me the way to the place you've decided we should all sleep...and if you don't mind I'd like a room to myself...a woman needs her space she says all the while smiling that beguiling smile she always wore as belinda.

So do we have an agreement?

Maurkov
2008-01-10, 04:51 PM
Iosef

It appears this man was the perfect mix of crazy and wise. He knows much and perhaps it drove him mad. Shall we then trust his word or not? If we meet a wizard that is...What do all of you say?

Iosef watches the old man go. "If you ask me, the right amount of crazy to mix with wisdom would be none. None crazy.

"And as for trust, I judge a man by his works not his words. Suppose we meet a wizard who tells us, 'don't trust crazy beggars,' then where would we be? Uncle Thoris doesn't get the benefit of my doubt just because he found us first."



"...Personally I like camping..."
"Nothing wrong with camping, but I do like a bed and a roof when one's available. First, though, the Job."

He ducks as he passes through the door.

Grymmheart
2008-01-10, 05:19 PM
"Nothing wrong with camping, but I do like a bed and a roof when one's available. First, though, the Job."



Skeye nodded in agreement and followed Iosef through the doorway. She would let Belinda and Iosef speak, but felt the need to enter in case trouble arose.

Threeshades
2008-01-10, 05:30 PM
"Alright... I'm fine with that. No problems at all. It's not like I had something like deep seated emotional problems related to anything that goes on her in Karrnath", Cyrkin resignates and looks around for the stables. "Could one of you ask for the stables? I'm not actually comfortable with leaving Karom alone outside. I'm not exactly sure if it's wise to tell them that we need to get a roof for a six feet long carnivorous reptile though."

Grymmheart
2008-01-10, 05:35 PM
Skeye remained hard pressed in not smiling around their smallest companion. She longingly remembers her youth filled with such banter. With a sigh she let's regret wash over her.

SomethingElse
2008-01-10, 05:48 PM
As Skeye prepares to enter, she suddenly notices a shadowy figure to the edge of the door. She leaps to the side, then notices that it's rather immobile - and rather inhuman.

"Ooh, fleshy," the Warforged says in an eerily feminine voice. "Many fleshies. My master will be with you shortly." Skeye's pulse seems to lower a bit as it becomes apparent that the Warforged does not plan to attack - and then raises again as "she" steps into the light and reveals that her Mithril-plated body is covered in scars and pockmarks, and her right arm is deeply mangled, a blade from some other warrior wedged in it. The Warforged's eyes seem strange, not asking for pity, but certainly not seeming happy with its lot, either.

Threeshades
2008-01-10, 05:53 PM
Internal Thoughts
Okay maybe I should just tell them at some time or the other.

Cyrkin slides off her saddle leads Karom to turn and starts walking around the building looking for a nearby stable.
"Okay, sorry, I will look for the stables myself."

This is like sitting on big giant delicious cake, just that if you try to eat it, it will eat you too. Just much quicker.

kemmotar
2008-01-10, 07:03 PM
Belinda-Melissandra

Regretting the fact that she was unable to see this man alone and make the most out of the situation...the hopes of getting in bed with a young beautiful woman always got men talking...and most of the time they tell you more than they ever intended...Nevertheless she smiles thinking if this comes to the worst case scenario at least she has someone to back her up...With these thoughts she warily enters the shop after Iosef...

Voth
2008-01-10, 07:44 PM
Valzoa


Taking in her surroundings, Valzoa leaned against a near by wall, her eyes constantly on the move looking for any sort of trouble. She keeps her eyes on the warforge, never fully letting it leave her sight.

SomethingElse
2008-01-10, 08:30 PM
The tanner's hut is musty and seems as if it must have been unoccupied for some time. The feeling that this is just a setup for the kind of ambush that adventurers are supposed to be too smart to fall for grows, but nothing happens as the Warforged's mysterious eyes follow the party as they take their places in the room, either standing or sitting on spartan wooden chairs.

In the room above, a clattering can be heard, and then a man comes down the stairs, dressed in brown robes. Liden is an elf, slight but lithe in his movements.

"The adventurers!" he exclaims, as if his best friend from sorcerer college had suddenly reappeared. "You're here, and ahead of schedule, too. What can I do for you all?" The color seems flushed from his face suddenly when the Warforged catches his eye, and he nods at "her." She walks into a back room and begins rummaging, and he is suddenly more solemn.

SomethingElse
2008-01-10, 08:35 PM
Cyrkin lead his mount only a few steps before catching site of an inn with stables. Generally innkeepers are fine with horses being stabled for a small fee, and the Talenta are not unheard of in Rekkenmark, since the Last War. Cyrkin began to make his way down the hill and reached the inn door. Above him, the airship began to depart from the Tower and move over the town. Children looked up in awe, far less disinterested than in the adventurers' arrival.

((Sorry folks, I wasn't used to the past tense at first.))

Maurkov
2008-01-10, 11:35 PM
Iosef


"What can I do for you all?"

Iosef sat. Leaning forward he said, "Why don't we start with an outline of the problem?"

SomethingElse
2008-01-11, 12:33 AM
"It's pretty simple, actually," Liden said. "Silver, you want to show me?" The elf gestured to the warforged, who ambled over. Ambled was the right term, because it became rapidly apparent that she was limping terribly, and Valzoa noticed a dagger lodged near the Warforged's thigh area, sparking as her legs rubbed against one another. Whatever had happened to this Warforged, either "she" had been through a terrible battle, or she had a very kinky sense of fashion.

The answer, sadly, was the more tragic one.

"Something is hunting the Warforged in this town, and the Karrnathi government is involved." The Warforged's declaration was simple and blunt. "Another month, and there won't be any of us left."

"You see," the sorceror said in a sad, yet oddly authentic voice, "I need you to hunt the people responsible. We need you to -"

Liden was suddenly cut off by a loud boom.

Outdoors...

Cyrkin was interrupted in his approach to the inn by a sudden noise - he jerked his head upward reflexively, just in time to catch the airship in flames, smashing into the side of the Tower and then descending toward the town. Screams of children at play turned from joy to terror, Cyrkin's dinosaur emitted a screech - and then the inn caught fire.

Voth
2008-01-11, 12:43 AM
Valzoa

"What in the name of the Silver Flame, was that?" yelled Valzoa, suddenly very alert and reaching for her bow.

Grymmheart
2008-01-11, 03:50 AM
Skeye listened intently to the man's words. When the warforged approached the group and spoke of being hunted are part of her recoiled in anger. It had been her parent's life's work creating warforged, to hear of such an act brought fury to her.

As the loud boom penetrated her focus, she acted with the others of her group and ran outside to investigate.

Threeshades
2008-01-11, 07:04 AM
"What in the nine hells could have done that?!"

Internal Thoughts
Like them or not, you have to help here Cyrri!

Cyrkin leaped back into the saddle to push Karom forward back to where she left the rest of the party hastily while readying her bow.

Ride check for fast mounting up: [roll0]

Cyrkin is a she by the way.

kemmotar
2008-01-11, 07:42 AM
Belinda-Melisandra

Reflexively upon hearing the explosion she rushed out of the hut and looked for the source of the sound. Seeing the danger to be far away she returned to the hut to inform her companions.

An airship blew up pretty far off...i guess that will be our first lead...but we need some information first. First of all, what's the pay? Second, what authority do you have? Any connection with local law enforcement? Could help a lot with our investigation...and more importantly...why would a tanner care for the warforged?

After hearing the tanner's answer she glanced at the warforged, then at the dagger and said:

May i see that please? Might give us some kind of clue at to who it was that was hunting you...and maybe you can tell us all the details of how you came to be attacked...

Grymmheart
2008-01-11, 07:53 AM
While Belinda probed the tanner for added information, Skeye moved off at a slow trot while securing her gear. As more items appeared well in place, her speed picked up until she was running towards the crashed skyship.

"Another tragedy to witness," she said between breaths as she closed in on the scene.

Gnarnia
2008-01-11, 09:18 AM
"Albatrosses... albatrosses... why does that sound so important. There's meaning there.

a l b a t r o s s e s... if the letters are moved... hmm... no...

balors seats, of course! Portentious words to be spoken at the seat of power in this dark empire."

The elf's eyes worked their way up the dark tower, lingering on the airship floating next to it.

"Portentious words indeed. We should be wary..."

The elf stopped his words mid sentence, noticing just now that his companions had left him some time ago, standing in the middle of the street outside the tanner's, as though he had about as much use to them as the beggar.

Pushing his disheveled silver hair back behind his ears, he strode into the tanner's hut.

Threeshades
2008-01-11, 09:39 AM
"Could you see what happened?"
A familiar voice like that of a very young woman came from behind Skeye becoming louder with every word.
Cyrkin was catching up on her easily with the help of her dinosaur. The halfling had her bow at the ready for any unexpected conflicts.
"How could the airship hit the tower?"

kemmotar
2008-01-11, 10:01 AM
Belinda-Melissandra
internal thoughts
If only she could get her hands on one of the guards...she could easilly disguise herself and infiltrate the government from the bottom up and find the source of the "problem"...Maybe this elf was involved in it...or maybe the warforged had something to do with the government or else how would they know that it is the government after the warforged...? If only they could provide her with a guard's insignia...or at least some information and she could get to work...

Voth
2008-01-11, 11:04 AM
Valzoa

Rushing outside, Valzoa spied the burning airship as it tumbled towards the ground. Rushing forward, Valzoa tried to see if there is anything she could do for those wounded. "I hope I reach those poor souls in time."

Gnarnia
2008-01-11, 11:06 AM
No sooner does Kythian enter the tanner's shop than the airship crashes and explodes into flames outside.

Reflexively, without thinking, he starts running in that direction to help.

Maurkov
2008-01-11, 12:09 PM
Iosef

"Belinda. In case this is a diversion, please keep an eye on Silver. They're going to need priests out there." I hope. Iosef followed Kythian.

kemmotar
2008-01-11, 12:28 PM
Belinda-Melissandra

Worry not my friend for I have no place among the dying...unless it is my own dagger that tasted their blood. Go and do what your gods command...Go and if you do not find me here when you return, expect me back here at midnight.

Belinda smiled broadly as she said it, this time with genuine pleasure. The plan can now go the way she wants...maybe if she can get the elf alone...If she has no connection with the guard maybe she can seduce another guard in the night, kill him and steal his insignia...

She silently thanked Iosef in her mind and made a mental note to buy him a beer when she got a chance...Good thing these clerics are so innocent from time to time...She smiled a mischevious smile again...There might yet be some fun to be had tonight.

SomethingElse
2008-01-11, 03:05 PM
The warforged Silver immediately sprinted after Iosef for the door, her weakness suddenly seeming to disappear. Meanwhile, the sorceror Liden simply looked confused for a moment, but upon hearing of the airship's demise, his face contorted with shock.

"Why in the hells -? This makes no sense," he exclaims to Belinda-Melisandra, as she is the closest. "Unless... the Lord of Blades is taking revenge. If that's the case, then the Host protect us." He grimaced, then collected himself. "I doubt many have survived," he remarks, but Iosef and the other rescuers are already out the door and approaching the inn, where flaming wreckage rains from the sky.

Cyrkin mounts his dinosaur and meets the others in front of the inferno. A man runs out, followed by two women. One of the women is on fire and screaming for help; the other woman is trying to put her out, with little success.

Belinda-Melisandra and Liden are now left alone.

"In answer to your question, I am no tanner," he says. "The former owner of this building is... no longer in the picture. I simply... take his place for a while longer. Who am I, and why do I want to help the warforged? You could say I'm a sort of... activist. Let's just say that the governments of Khorvaire have no idea what they bring upon themselves when they harm the Warforged."

Threeshades
2008-01-11, 03:39 PM
@SomethingElse
Maybe you didnt see it last time but Cyrkin is female.

"Somebody needs to bring water or a blanket for this woman!"
Cyrkin stops Karom in front of the man who came out of the tower and tries to bring him to stop.
"Are there any people left in the tower?"

kemmotar
2008-01-11, 06:41 PM
Belinda-Melisandra

Belinda looked both confused and interested at Liden's answer, her interest however was peaked by the apparently crippled warforged running out of the shop with such ease when before "she" was straining to travel a few feet...

My, is that not an interesting story...seeing however as i'm not particularly interested in activism, saving the world or much of the nonsense attributed to today's adventurers, i'm more interested in two things. What will i get ouf this...and by I of course I mean me and my fellow travellers and secondly what is the easiest way for me to do what is needed. I'd certainly prefer for you not to play with words but make it clear to me what is going on. First you mention the Karnath government and then the lord of blades...The latter is of course renowned for his hatred of the "fleshies" and lesser races so it would make no sense for him to be attacking his own...are there two parties to this..."story"...Also, I have a feeling that Liden is not your real name...a man hiding in a tanner's shop...and not his own at that...doesn't go along announcing his real name to the first band of adventurers to answer his call...Of course...I needn't share this information with the rest if that is your wish...I merely want as much information as possible foor the quickest resolution of this mission...

Belinda stopped for a second, licked her lips and looked again at Liden, this time with a look as seductive as her experience and beauty could master and said:

You might also find that sharing with me can be quite rewarding as I can also be quite generous...You might have heard of me if you have travelled in Sharn..I am quite....known...in some districts for my services...especially some men of the platinum heights have come knocking on my door more than once...

Voth
2008-01-12, 01:08 AM
Valzoa quickly readied one of her divine gifts."I pray to the Silver Flame that this succeeds."

I cast Create Water above the person on fire. The area of effect is set to be large enough to hit the person on fire no matter what and I conjure 12 gallons of water.

Maurkov
2008-01-12, 01:42 AM
Iosef started digging through the rubble, pausing to listen for the cries of the injured. He knew he could rely on the powers of his faith and the powers of his clan to give him strength.

Listen +7 to locate surivors. He'll let somebody else use Search. If he's halted by something he can't move, he'll

Enlarge Person (STR 18, large) 600 lbs, then
Bull's Strength (STR 22, large) 1040 lbs, then
rage (STR 26, large) 1840 lbs

until he's no longer halted. (That's how much he can lift. He can drag ~2.5 times those amounts.) He will stabilize the injured with spontaneously cast CmW. Any casualty who looks fit enough to lend a hand will receive a CLW or CMW (going in order down his list of prepared spells) and orders to do so.

SomethingElse
2008-01-13, 03:58 PM
No one runs to get the woman a blanket, but the water from Valzoa's spell extinguishes it as Valzoa breathes a sigh of relief. The relief is short-lived, however, as the inn collapses completely.

Iosef ducks out of the way of the falling wood fragments, then begins digging near a scream that he heard. He gets closer and closer, and finally pulls a miraculously unharmed halfling from the rubble.

Iosef doesn't have to make us of his spells.

Liden angles his head at Belinda-Mellisandra, and looks at her as if what she is suggesting is something he'd never even considered. Then, he looks at her.

"I've already told you that I will pay a generous fee. For you, I'll throw in a bit extra. Perhaps some magic items, and three hundred gold pieces for each of you adventurers. But I need this answered. As for the Lord of Blades, I don't think he's involved... but you can never tell. The Karrnathis, though, seem to be."

Threeshades
2008-01-13, 04:14 PM
@SomethingElse
Maybe you didnt see it last time but Cyrkin is female.

"Somebody needs to bring water or a blanket for this woman!"
Cyrkin stops Karom in front of the man who came out of the tower and tries to bring him to stop.
"Are there any people left in the tower?"

I still need a response to this

SomethingElse
2008-01-13, 04:42 PM
I still need a response to this

The tower isn't on fire, and it's clear the military has that part under control.

Threeshades
2008-01-13, 05:49 PM
Ah sorry, I think i lost my overview. Then ignore that.

Cyrkin steers her clawfoot towards the burnt woman and tries to jump out of the saddle crashing to the ground violently. After she got up Cyrkin advances to the woman.
"I should have picked up some healer kits earlier. I can't do much for you... but at least a little, hold still."
She lays her hands on the burnt flesh of the woman and calls upon Balinor's help.

Ride check to get off the Clawfoot: [roll0] (this time I dont forget the dinosaur wrangler feat) - Oh yeah a natural one. Had to happen right now.

I hope what I wrote there suits the 1 on the ride check. So you just have to tell me the damage i get. If it doesn't i will change it according to you.

I cast Cure Light Wounds on the burnt woman: [roll1]

kemmotar
2008-01-13, 07:48 PM
Belinda-Melisandra

Melisandra smiled behind her disguise pleased that she arranged some extra payment for herself, however, she noticed that Liden kept eluding the main questions she was asking....She knew she could keep her calm however and with a completely impartial tone continued to question Liden:

That is very generous of you my lord

She made a small bow as if to thank him and continued with the next question while trying to gouge his strength or anything she could gather about his posture that betrayed a lie, a bead of sweat...some agitation perhaps...

sense motive: [roll0]
spot: [roll1]

If you will excuse an assumption then, considering the fact that you "know" the Karnathi government to be involved in this...what should i call it...aahh yes...this affair, it is quite possible that you were either involved in the governmet yourself or have come by this knowlege through similar channels...Now I can appreciate the fact that you would not want to disclose where you got this information, good informants are hard to come by. What i do need to know however, and this is the assumption, is that since you seem to know a lot about this affair, you would also know a good place for us to start looking.

She allowed herself a smile, ever so small and barely noticeable...She turned around and glanced at the place where silver had been previously been...maybe it was the right time to probe about it too...now that he was probably busy thinking up an elusive answer to her previous question...

Oh and one small question before you answer...I am very intrigued by this warforged that was in here not a minute ago...It seemed so sad in its disrepair...limping about...telling us about how the warforged would become extinct...and yet she ran out...what an elaborate fraud you cooked up for the sentimentalists...So...maybe you can tell me the real story behind her....mm?

She was hoping for confusion, a small sign while he thought about all the answers...a slip of the tongue? Or was this player above her? Everyone slips up at some point or other...she was sure of that...just some took longer to crack she reassured herself and gazed confidently, her look incospicuous and docile and yet her mind churning...analyzing every word and every movement, however slight, to betray...what? She was having fun, behind this friendly exchange she could feel some hostility...this is why she loved her job...

Voth
2008-01-14, 01:35 AM
Valzoa

"Thank the Flame." Valzoa said as she sighed in relief.

Grymmheart
2008-01-14, 09:29 AM
Skeye is dismayed to see the extent of the damage. Moving closer to the fire, she attempted to help out as needed.

SomethingElse
2008-01-14, 11:34 AM
Cyrkin quickly heals her patient, just in time to see a terrifying sight over by the Tower - massive, ten-foot tall... beings... with massive claws the size of a dog's head and terrifying skeletal grins, advancing slowly on long, spidery legs that make them appear to be floating... they move into the building and then are seen no more, but anyone who spots them feels disquieted.

Skeye moves closer to the fire, only to see that the inn is utterly engulfed. No more people emerge from the flames.

Liden looks almost relieved at Melisandra's questioning.

"The warforged, I do not know... she came to me. Her story may or may not be true. But I've seen the corpses of other Warforged myself. As for how I am linked to the government... I once was a member of the Karrnathi military... I was honorably discharged after the end of the Last War." He pauses. "Assuming this... airship... incident didn't destroy it, there's a house downtown where many Warforged stay, and the last few murders have all happened outside of it, nearby."

Grymmheart
2008-01-14, 11:53 AM
Although Skeye had never witnessed such a fire, she knew that it imposed great danger upon the city. Knowing that she did not have the power to call water down as Valzoa did, she begins to look for the local well.

Calling out to others, she yelled "We need to start a bucket line. Who here knows where the well and supplies are located? We need to move quickly."

Just as the last of the words are spoken, Skeye stood frozen and unnerved as she saw several ten-foot monstosities enter the building. "What in the Maker's name is that?" she whispered to herself, before allowing movement to take over again.

kemmotar
2008-01-14, 12:02 PM
Somehow I get the feeling that this airship did in fact destroy that very house...I simply hope that some clues still remain unburned from the destruction for us to follow...Oh and if you please, I would like to talk to that warforged that was here before...I shall drop by tomorrow again to speak with her if you don't mind...If you see her tell her to come here at midday...If of course that is okay with you

Belinda waited for his answer and then after saying farewell she exited the tanner's shop and headed at a brisk pace towards where the catastrophe should be...She ignores any pleading from victims...She didn't care at all...even if she did she wouldn't be able to help them...Instead she did what she does best...She searched around the area inn looking for any clues and then procceeded towards the tower near where the airship crashed before falling to the town. She goes as far up as possible listening all the way for anything that might be dangerous...

Maybe the ones that caused it have escaped to the tower....unlikely...she shrugged...better safe than sorry Melisandra her mother always used to say...and she was right...it had saved her many times.

Should she hear anything she attempts to hide and move as siltently as she can to find out what it is she heard without compromising her position.

Search: [roll0] (near the inn)
Search: [roll1] (near the airship, if possible)
listen: [roll2]
hide: [roll3]
move silently: [roll4]

If melissandra finds something while searching near the inn and where the airship fell she lingers there and then continues towards the tower.

Threeshades
2008-01-14, 12:44 PM
"What in the...." Cyrkin bursts out as her look falls upon the creatures. She turns back to her patient: "Go and find some place safe. I'm sure the guards will assist you."
Cyrkin readies her bow once again and calls for Karom. She rushes toward her dinosaur and jumps back into the saddle swiftly to follow the creatures she saw.
Handle animal check (for calling the dinosaur): [roll0]
Ride check (for quick mounting up): [roll1]

Voth
2008-01-14, 08:39 PM
Valzoa

"As if a crashing airship was not enough, by the Silver Flame what is this fowl creature?!" Sighed Valzoa as she drew her bow and arrow and began to line up a shot.

Maurkov
2008-01-15, 10:57 AM
Iosef

As the flames drive Iosef away from any further rescue attempts, he catches sight of the strange creatures entering the tower. He grabs a gawking local. "Whose tower is that? What are those things?" then he heads for the entrance and listens for the sounds of combat.

SomethingElse
2008-01-15, 12:36 PM
Maurkov, Iosef would know that the Tower is a traning facility belonging to the Karrnathi government.

The people around ignore Skeye's pleas for order and flee the inn; luckily it seems to have collapsed in on itself, and the fire looks as if it is unlikely to spread.

Melisandra sneaks along the line of houses and arrives at the Tower without being spotted; she can hear clanking within. Her eyes fall upon a pair of armored men, apparently soldiers, talking but not apparently coordinating with anyone.

"No one could possibly have known," one man says to the other. "The only way this could have been targeted is by him."

"I thought he was supposed to be taken care of by now?"

"It was. I don't know what happened."

As Valzoa aims through a castle turret at one of the skeletons, a local man leaps in front of her.

"What are you doing? Those are military skeletons!"

kemmotar
2008-01-15, 01:03 PM
Belinda-Melisandra

Belinda smiled at her discovery as she kept quite to hear what the two men were saying...
internal thoughts
Oh...I see...how interesting, the tower was targeted...by whom i wonder...could it have been Liden? Well...it would match the fact that he's hiding in a tanner's shop with the original owner comfortably out of the way...How can i make sure who that is though? Maybe if I find this man's identity and their stories match I can have some fun with Liden.

With all this in mind Melisandra examined the two guards she had spotted and knew instantly what to do. She looked at both of them gauging their strengths, their armor, their weapons and a plan began to form inside her. She would follow the weakest one, she would use her charm to seduce and take him somewhere where she could question him first. Of course the questioning would be barely friendly...she could also torture him for some fun and extra info...then she would take his armor and his guard credentials or whatever he had anyway before killing him. Maybe burn the body so it wouldn't be recognisable. Perfect she thought to herself as she smiled half with amusement half with wickedness.

According to her plan then she would sit tight until the weakest guard's shift was up and she would follow him. Presently she would retreat somewhere where she could both hide and have a clear view of the guard she had chosen while she removed her armor to remain in her more...seducive outfit...

Melisandra changes into her seductive dancer outfit and covers herself with a long black cloak to cover her sparse clothing..oh and has night fallen yet?

Maurkov
2008-01-15, 02:11 PM
Iosef

Once Iosef realizes the nature of the creatures, he relaxes, and works to reassemble the group. With the burning ruin visible behind him Iosef says, "So I've thought about it, and camping out sounds nice.

"We've got our task: Protect the warforged. We should gather a little more information: About the crash, whose airship was it, were there any survivors and were there signs of distress? About the warforged, how many were killed, how many are left, and were any of the attacks witnessed? Belinda, where's Silver? I hope her condition means she survived an attack. Let's ask it (her?) what happened."

((Are we able to locate Silver?))

Threeshades
2008-01-15, 06:33 PM
I think I've been skipped:


"What in the...." Cyrkin bursts out as her look falls upon the creatures. She turns back to her patient: "Go and find some place safe. I'm sure the guards will assist you."
Cyrkin readies her bow once again and calls for Karom. She rushes toward her dinosaur and jumps back into the saddle swiftly to follow the creatures she saw.
Handle animal check (for calling the dinosaur): [roll0]
Ride check (for quick mounting up): [roll1]

Voth
2008-01-15, 08:19 PM
Valzoa

"Military Skeletons?" Valzoa asks, "They are the cursed undead! However I do see their use militarily, but be warned. Shall they attempt to do any harm, I shall bring the wraith of the Silver Flame upon their damned souls!"

kemmotar
2008-01-15, 09:55 PM
Belinda, where's Silver? actually i'm not there...i'm...somewhere:smallwink: but i did tell you to meet me at midnight at the tanner's if you couldn't find me...oh and i apologise if it is the priviliedge of the DM to do this.

Grymmheart
2008-01-15, 11:00 PM
As Skeye saw the building collapse on itself, saving the other buildings, she was able to mentally focus on the strange creatures entering the tower. As the Maker failed to answer her query, she decided to seek the answer for herself.

Following Cyrkin she worried for her diminutive friend. "Wait for assistance," she called as she raced after her while pulling her bow to the ready.

Threeshades
2008-01-16, 08:01 AM
Cyrkin gently pulls Karom's reins back to make the dinosaur stop and turn around just enough so she could look at Skeye approaching.
"Skeye! Thank Balinor! We need to stop those things, if they are intending to attack the tower."
Cyrkin clenched her fists around the rein at the thought of what she just said. She would have loved herself just to charge into that tower and shoot down everything coming near her, but she knew whe was better than that and right now there were the lives of innocents at stake.
Cyrkin waited for Skeye to catch up on her and then took up the pursue of the large clawed creatures again.

Voth
2008-01-16, 06:45 PM
Valzoa

Focusing on the large creatures that seemed to be floating, Valzoa racked her brain trying to figure out if she knew anything about these beasts.

Knowledge: The Planes Check [roll0]

SomethingElse
2008-01-17, 07:09 PM
No one recognizes the type of these creatures specifically, but Valzoa and Iosef recall having heard stories of undead with long fingers during the Last War.

Melisandra spots a young guard who is looking confused in the fire, and approaches him, seductively leading him off to do her thing...

Cyrkin rides toward the tower on her dinosaur and is immediately stopped by two guards, who look very underequipped.

kemmotar
2008-01-17, 10:47 PM
Belinda-Melisandra

Ok...i'm not going to get into much detail fo forgive any lack of dialogue as i vaguely describe what happens...

Belinda slowly leads the young guard she heard talking before to the side slowly. She approaches him and asks his name and whispers in his ears seductive words. She then asks him slowly if his house is anywhere near so they can be alone.

If not they can just go to an inn that doesn't ask many questions...

Once inisde the room she carefully removed all armor and clothing looking specifically for the guard's insignia. She then procceeded to play around and when she saw that he was completely under her sweet seductive grasp proposed to tie the young guard to the bed refusing to continue if he disagrees. Once he agrees she takes some silk rope from her HHH and ties him to the bed.

Diplomacy(if needed): [roll0]

Once he was tied up she slowly reaches for her dagger from her pack that was lying near after she retrieved the rope but keeps it hidden. She then positioned herself so that she could easilly slit his throat and asked:

So tell me one thing, i was heard that that airship that fell today was actually targetted at the military tower...they said someone must have been responsible but he was supposed to have been...taken care of...would you tell me please honey who that is???

If he refused she continued asking nicely once or twice, depending on whether he looks ready to divulge the information. If he was not forthcoming she placed her dagger on his throat and said with a compeletly cold and unexpressive face:

Do not shout if you value your life.You just had to do it the hard way, now speak.Be quiet and be brief, who might have targetted the tower and by whom would he have been taken care of.

And readied an action to slit his throat if he tried to scream. As soon as he divulged the information Belinda said:

Thank you honey

As she bent down to kiss him letting the hand holding the dagger rest beside his throat. As soon as the dagger was out of sight she plunged it in his throat so that he would not be able to make a sound while he died.

attack roll: [roll1]
weapon damage: [roll2]
sneak attack damage(in case it applies): [roll3]

Once he was dead she proceeded to dress herself, recover the armor and insignia of the guard. She cut off the head of the young guard regretting the violence she had just done. It was not the first time, but the loss of life was always regrettable when done like this. At least with the name and the features of this man she could easilly infiltrate the guard. She wrapped up the head in something so it would not bleed out and made her way out from the exit where she would be less seen.

Maurkov
2008-01-18, 12:06 AM
Iosef

((Since Iosef doesn't see Belinda, does he at least see Silver?))

Threeshades
2008-01-19, 09:59 AM
Shuddering at the thought of talking to undead Cyrkin stops. She turns to the guards: "What were these creatures? Do they belong to your forces?"

Grymmheart
2008-01-22, 07:47 AM
Skeye came to a halt behind Cyrkin as she spoke to the guards. With her lowered bow, she listened intently but allowed her eyes to wander toward the tower.

SomethingElse
2008-01-22, 11:27 AM
Shuddering at the thought of talking to undead Cyrkin stops. She turns to the guards: "What were these creatures? Do they belong to your forces?"
"I... guess so," says the guard, who has suddenly become as pale as an undead himself. "I've never seen that kind before though." He seems to stare off into space, frozen with fear... or maybe just shock.

Muarkov - Silver is wandering around aimlessly in the distance, tapping "her" own head.

kemmotar - just for the record, what you just did was an evil act. That's fine with me, but if you do things such as this on a regular basis (murder of innocents) your alignment may begin to shift.

Belinda manages to get quite a bit of information out of the guard:


The Lord of Blades is blamed for the airship attack. He has been troubling the village for some time.
Others believe the Emerald Claw may be responsible instead.

Threeshades
2008-01-22, 12:20 PM
"Would it be possible to talk to someone of higher rank? Forgive my straight forward attitude, but well... I'm a bit... concerned.", Cyrkin tries to take a peak inside to get another look at the large undead creatures.
Then she half-turns to Skeye: I fail to see what's going on. All that has happened since the crash must fit together in a picture, I'm sure, but I just don't see how..." she says in a lowered voice and then turns back to the guard to indicate that she didn't lose interest in paying attention to him.

Grymmheart
2008-01-22, 01:51 PM
Perhaps Melisandra obtained more information that may be of help," responded Skeye in an equally hushed voice to Cyrkin. It was obvious the guard had more important things concerning him than ease dropping on their conversation.

Worrying that things would just get more complicated before an obvious pattern developed, she continued,
"Things sure are so much easier out ranging the wilderness. Trying to make heads of tails in cities is mighty frustrating."

kemmotar
2008-01-22, 06:38 PM
Belinda-Melisandra

Melisandra was walking toward the tanner's shop and the crash site...she was rolling in her mind the information she had gathered and tried to make sense of the puzzle, trying to discern enemies from allies and all the while wondering about about the identity of Liden...

Internal thoughts:
Well..this Liden guy got us in a really fine mess...I'm trying to think that what with the Lord of Blades and the Karnathi military involved this will not take a turn for the worse...it usually does though...But what happened first? Did the Lord of Blades attack first or did the Karnathi start this? Who is taking revenge on whom and why did either of them start...It would certainly make sense and the story checks out with Liden's and that tower is in the middle of it...To infiltrate or not to infiltrate?She asked herself...what a fine mess this was indeed...were there more hidden enemies?

This tower is probably poorly guarded outside and if there is a secret function to it, it's probably very well guarded and the lower level guards know nothing about it...I wonder what it's general function is...a fine task for tomorrow...But what do i tell the others? Well of course if they ask i can't reveal my informants*smirk*they'd give me to the authorities sooner than i can say dagger...hehehe...anyway, Lord of blades involved and the karnathis killing the warforged...At least it's probably not mystical death to the whole world for killing of the warforgegd...it's probably the Lord of Blades preparing some kind of attack..and that's never good..Ah well got a city to save but let's go meet Iosef first and have a nice nap

She smiled and walked on...When she reached the tanner's shop, if it wasn't near midnight she went to the crash site to look for the others.

And now, to wait for the others...I'll probably give them the update with breakfast...Then i'll go visit that old man, crazy or not he seems fun and maybe he has some information on Liden, maybe i'll go around and ask about the previous owner...is Liden disguised anyway? Probably...it would raise a few suspicions...I'll ask around...OH and i have to get Iosed a beer...afterall when they left i secured some extra magic items for myself...I love saving the world...especially when heftily paid for doing it...

Voth
2008-01-22, 06:40 PM
Valzoa

"Military Skeletons?!? How do you know this?" Yelled Valzoa as she attempts to push the man out of the way to line up another clear shot.

Strength Test if needed [roll0]

Maurkov
2008-01-22, 06:51 PM
Iosef

Iosef goes to collect Silver while looking around disapprovingly for Belinda. "Are you alright? Can you hear me?"

Grymmheart
2008-01-24, 10:19 AM
"Well it looks like this guard is going to be of no more use. Why not ask him where his superiors may be?" asked Skeye of Cyrkin.