PDA

View Full Version : The Wizard's Pawns (IC)



Pages : [1] 2 3 4

FlyMolo
2008-01-11, 05:52 PM
The setting: A large round room, for lack of a better word. The walls are pinkish, unsettlingly moist, and deform slightly when pressed. Veins throb in the walls, ceiling, and floor, although all three meld seamlessly together. Disturbingly sphincterlike structures dot the walls, some pink and new, while others are shriveled and grey with age. A long, pink tentacle hangs from the ceiling. Nestled in the lowermost part of the floor is a collection of debris, mostly heavily corroded and eaten away. The rusty head of an axe, the handle gone. A sword blade, with no handle. Nearby, a twirly bit of wire that could have been part of a grip, once.

Suddenly, the tentacle twitches, and coils up. Almost immediately, it unrolls again, and reaches through a newly created hole in space. The blunter end of the tentacle ripples and bulges as objects unseen are manipulated. The tentacle pulls back from the window, wrapped around a struggling human wearing armor. The monstrous whiplike appendage unceremoniously drops him to the floor, before diving through the window once more. Another human, clad in traveling gear, quickly follows. A pair of elves crash to the floor next, ripped without warning from their homes. A succession of increasingly exotic beings are thrown to the floor of the chamber, the tentacle diving back through the window as it flickers from destination to destination. The tentacle cracks like a whip as it searches for one last object, seeking and feeling blindly. You can't see what it's searching for, but the tentacle seems to be having trouble. Eventually, muscles start to bulge and strain along the length of tentacle visible, until finally, its hard-won reward is dragged slowly through the portal. A common sheep lands gracefully atop the pile of armored and beweaponed adventurers, bleating softly. Its assigned task, complete, the whiplike strand of pink...stuff contracts up into the ceiling, becoming nothing more than a nub.

You guys are piled in an undignified heap at the bottom of the room. Take a few rounds to explore. If this was too much fluff, let me know. I'll ramble less in future.:smallwink: Oh, and make a knowledge(planes) check.

Also, sheep.:smallbiggrin:

memnarch
2008-01-11, 06:43 PM
Elf with silver eyes and grey hair (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=38000)

jumps up out of the pile and looks around. know(plane) check [roll0]. He becomes slightly revolted at the surrounding area and confused that a sheep is in the room with him and the group of..... people that he landed on and landed on him. checks to see that Wisp (bat familiar) is ok, is happy when it is, and moves over to help pull the..... people up.

ooc
I'll use this color for speech

JeminiZero
2008-01-11, 07:07 PM
Jaegar


A tall, slender hunter threads quietly through the forest undergrowth, bow readied, searching for prey. He is a rough looking man, in a Traveler's outfit, the clink of chain mail barely discernable over his soft steps. His jet black hair is neatly slicked back, and the alertness in his bright green eyes indicate that he is more than he seems.

He spots a deer through the trees, and takes aim with his bow.

Suddenly, a giant pink tentacle grabs him from behind and whisks him through the gate.

Jaegar claws out of the heap of warm bodies and quickly scrambles to his feet. He draws his short sword and looks around shocked.

"What in the Nine Hells?!" he exclaims.

Knowledge Planes Check: [roll0] +3 Int Mod

Zimmia
2008-01-11, 07:20 PM
Elf with gold hair and violet eyes (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=37972)

As she regains her feet, the elf looks around her, trying to get an idea of her bearings. She retches slightly at both the sound and sight of the room, wondering what sort of horror has happened to her. She is dressed entirely in white with silver trim except for her cloak of a luxurious deep purple, again trimmed with silver. The chain shirt she wears gleams. Her hair is intricately braided and looped, and rests mid-back, although loose it easily reaches to her knees. She blinks her long lashes as her hand goes to the hilt of her sword, ready for whatever may come her way, and then looks at the others who seemed to have fallen with her into this room.

Take 10 on untrained knowledge:planes check = 13
ooc: looks like I better come up with a name before she has to introduce herself :smallbiggrin:
I think I'll use this color for my speech

Roland Deschain
2008-01-11, 07:26 PM
Human with blue eyes and blond hair (http://thestrite.com/view.php?id=60)

"well that was interesting experience..." he say as he picks himself up"and what an interesting choice of decor we have here!" looking around the room for the first time he notices the pile of bodies he is standing in "OOH A SHEEP!!!!" he exclaims, picking it up and setting it on its feet. "Don't want anyone getting hurt now" he says, resolutely ignoring the pile of groaning bodies he and now a sheep are standing on




Knowledge Planes check [roll0] +2

memnarch
2008-01-11, 08:01 PM
[roll0] +1 int mod

note to self, don't preview posts with rolls in them.

BizzaroStormy
2008-01-11, 08:02 PM
Stands up, pushing the human off him. "GAH! Man, how frickin drunk was I?!?" He exclaimed while flipping the goo from the room off his wings.

BizzaroStormy
2008-01-11, 08:03 PM
Forgot to make the check

Knowledge The Planes Check [roll0]

NoDot
2008-01-11, 08:42 PM
The Irate Youth - Ning (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=38037)

"Does anyone care to tell me where we are?"

A small boy, perahaps in his late teens, crawls out of the pile and surveys the surroundings. He seems rather calm, considering he'd been about to setup camp when he was dragged away unceremoniously.

[roll0]

FlyMolo
2008-01-11, 09:26 PM
OOC: Wow. Keeping track of everyone is going to be a little hard. Ah well. Nothing ventured nothing gained, right?

As the groaning pile of adventurers sort themselves out and dust themselves off, the walls of the chamber ripple slightly. Each sphincter bulges for a second, then dribbles a few drops of bright green fluid.

Knowledge Check results:
Zimmia:
This isn't an ordinary plane. It's not one of the 17 outer planes, or 6 inner planes. PirateJesus:This is a part of the Far Realms. You're in a giant extraplanar stomach, and this is going to fill with acid in a minute or two. You might be able to hack your way out, if you're really lucky...

Zimmia
2008-01-11, 09:34 PM
Elf with the Gold Hair

"This is...revolting," the female elf ventures as she has another good look around before moving to the clump of people still in the room. "Are the rest of you as confused as I am?" she asks as she chases the sheep out of the clump.

((OOC: Can you post us a link to the OOC thread pls?))

NoDot
2008-01-11, 09:41 PM
Ning

Ning notices the green fluid and decides there are only a few courses of action.

"Unless someone knows a good teleportation spell or has a good reason for me not to, I'm gonna hack my way our of here."

If there are no objections, Ning charges the wall and deals 1d8+1d6+4 damage With his Longsword.

BizzaroStormy
2008-01-11, 09:57 PM
"Aww, damnit! Fricking space stomach!" Garrus rears back and throws a blast of dark energy at the wall.

Eldritch Blast [roll0]

JeminiZero
2008-01-11, 09:58 PM
Jaegar

As Jaegar observes the group, and the surrounding chamber, it becomes clear to him that they are fellow victims rather than a threat... for now. He sheathes his shortsword, and proceeds to help up those who are not yet standing.

"It certainly is revolting." he replies to the gold haired elf maiden.

"And I would not be so hasty to strike the walls just yet." He addresses the irate youth, and the Saest. "We don't know if the walls are producing the green muck, or leaking it. If its the latter, then making a big hole would likely cause more of the stuff to pour in."

The hunter bows and introduces himself: "My name is Jaegar, and while there may be much to discuss, I suspect our first priority now, should be trying figure out where we are, and then to find a way out."

OOC: those who have not gotten up may choose to use Jaegar's assistance.

Zimmia
2008-01-11, 10:01 PM
Elf Chick

Since everyone seems to be hacking at the walls, the elf draws her courtblade and begins to help.

Damage: [roll0]

BizzaroStormy
2008-01-11, 10:04 PM
"All I know is I'd rather be vomit than..."

Fires another eldritch blast [roll0]

"****! This is getting nowhere.''

Zimmia
2008-01-11, 10:06 PM
"Rather be vomit than what exactly?"

BizzaroStormy
2008-01-11, 10:08 PM
Trust me, you don't wanna know. As for where we are, any idiot could tell you that its an extraplanar stomach somewhere in the Far Planes.

Zimmia
2008-01-11, 10:16 PM
We'll have to discuss manners another time, she says as she continues to slash at the 'stomach', with new urgency.

Damage: [roll0]

JeminiZero
2008-01-11, 10:18 PM
Jaegar

"And you are certain attacking the Walls is the way out?"

Meloku
2008-01-11, 10:21 PM
Grey Skinned Changeling with Grey Hair, White Eyes (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=37956)

Finally managing to really pick himself up, Erro pushes himself off the ground, staying silent for a moment and, well, considering the predicament he seems to have found himself in.

Knowledge check, if it's still needed: [roll0]

memnarch
2008-01-11, 10:27 PM
points to the corroded pile (ooc=see first post) in the corner and says "judging by the way that looks, I would prefer to be drenched all at once rather than have the room slowly fill"

Throws a [roll0] at the walls (standing a little off center in the area)

oocnotesp# = 0lvl, 5; 1lvl, 3

NoDot
2008-01-11, 10:31 PM
Ning

"I agree with the elf. You have been overruled."

1d8+1d6+4

NoDot
2008-01-11, 10:32 PM
Ning

[roll0]
[roll1]

FlyMolo
2008-01-11, 11:39 PM
As spells and swords slash into the sides of the chamber, huge gashes appear in the walls. A fine pink mist sprays from the smaller holes, while a gushing torrent pours from the largest. Right before your eyes, the fleshy walls stitch back together, becoming clean and pink. The sides of the room twitch and shudder, becoming slick with protective mucus. Each sphincter convulses in unison, before suddenly opening wide with a torrent of bright, fluorescent green acid. The acid streams across the room in a nearly horizontal column, splashing against the opposite wall and sending fine droplets everywhere. But strangely, the acid is slowing to a stop, in midair. The droplets hang suspended like stars in the sky, if the sky was pink and the stars were bright green. As time itself seems to slow down, the colors of the walls and celing fade. Even the bright red blood that covers the floor is darkening and greying. Even the sheep hangs suspended in mid-jump. You quickly realize your fellow adventurers are unaffected, and retain their normal color, although spattered with blood.

OOC: We have an OOC thread now. I don't plan to use it much, though. If there's something you'd like to see happen, post it there. Also, make a knowledge:Arcana check. The acid won't hurt you(if you don't touch it), so feel free to make your introductions. You've got time.

JeminiZero
2008-01-11, 11:56 PM
Jaegar

The hunter looks in amazement at the strange happenings around him.

"Well that did something. Although I'm not sure what, or if it is to our advantage."

Knowledge Arcane Check: [roll0]

BizzaroStormy
2008-01-12, 01:24 AM
"Well, either I'm drunk, drugged, or this is seriously ****ed up. My name's Garrus by the way."

Knowledge Arcana [roll0]

bchilders
2008-01-12, 01:36 AM
Talon

Talon finally come to in enough time to see the wall start leaking and time seem to freeze. "I thought for a moment I had been struck by lightning again, but this by far seems much weirder. The name is Talon emissary of the storm god." Talon looks as if he intends to continue speaking but his upper body visibly twitches and he looks around as if trying to figure out where he is.

BizzaroStormy
2008-01-12, 01:42 AM
"Well" Garrus said, shaking an empty waterskin I'm just hoping something happens soon...I'm already out of ale."

Zimmia
2008-01-12, 02:33 AM
Amatae

The elf, who is rather tall by elven standards looks around her curiously as she sheathes her sword. "I don't think it would be possible to even dream something like this," she says slowly. "Planar stomach or not, there are obviously odd factors at work here." She gathers her cloak around her and then looks to the others. "Judging from your reactions we are all in a similar situation so should make the best of it. I am Amatae Sylanna, daughter of Rikkah, leader of Lisuin."

Taking 10 on untrained knowledge:arcana check 12

NoDot
2008-01-12, 03:09 AM
Ning

Sheathing his weapon, Ning looks around cautiously. Examining his companions each in turn, he saw that he was the youngest there, and none of their faced looked familiar. Since the first time since Zeng was banished to Prime Material, Ning missed his brother.

No use worrying about him now. Ning chuckled. I pity whoever has to put up with him.

He decided to stay quiet until addressed. He wasn't going to draw undue attention if he could help it.

[roll0]

((Zeng is a character I'm playing in another game. One of the posters hasn't posted since the first day, so the DM asked if I was still interested in playing the character. Rather odd symmetry, no? I look forward to exploring this family...))

MammonAzrael
2008-01-12, 03:20 AM
A dark man still rests on his back and elbows where he was first deposited, looking around, taking especial note of the frozen stream of acid.

"Well...I told Jaleh that if she kept eating like that, she'd soon consume all of Kurush. I just never imagined she would go and prove me right."

Getting up, he brushes his fine clothes and bows to his companions.

Hello all. I have to honor of being Nasim of Saeed (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=37975). I trust none of you were able to outrun Jaleh's lust for exotic foods either? He grins as he speaks.


Knowledge (The Planes) check : [roll0]
Knowledge (Arcana) check : [roll1]

OOC: I'm assuming I'm in the game, since I saw nothing to the contrary in the original thread. If not, sorry fo the interuption! ^_^

Roland Deschain
2008-01-12, 03:26 AM
Olaf, who stood still while his companions hacked at the walls around him, obsrving (knowledge arcana check [roll0]) and finally speaks up to say "well my name is olaf, and i kill things with magic...what do you all do?"

Meloku
2008-01-12, 06:57 AM
Speaking up for the first time, the changeling looks up at the group of people surrounding him. Walking over to one of the suspended drops of acid, he says "Greetings. I'm Erro. I do... well, I do this", as his features shift into something a bit more like, well, the one introduced as Olaf. A passable imitation, at least.

Knowledge (arcana) [roll0]
Also, Disguising myself as Olaf, using Minor Change shape (to see how well I did it, [roll1]

FlyMolo
2008-01-12, 12:19 PM
I'd really appreciate it if you lot could put your name in your personal color at the top of all your posts. It's a little annoying, but helps me a lot.
Know(arcana) check results!
PirateJesus, Zimmia, NingTime has stopped. You're not sure how long for.
RolandTime has stopped, but not for your companions. That takes a lot of power to maintain. A lot.
Meloku,MemnarchTime has stopped, but not for you. That's hard to do, but time seems unlikely to speed back up suddenly. Something exceedingly powerful is holding time still. Something with deity-level power.

Just waiting on PocketRocket and Memnarch, and we can get this show on the road.

memnarch
2008-01-12, 04:37 PM
oocsorry, am slightly busy right now, can post more often at night

[roll0] (4 ranks) (4 ranks)

introduces himself. "Hello.... My name is Memnarch. I would just be an elf who likes magic. Is everyone feeling ok now that everything seems to have stopped?"

Meloku
2008-01-12, 06:43 PM
Erro

"Perfectly fine. And I have a feeling we'll be staying this way for as long as it remains convenient to whatever being has separated us from our predicament wishes us to return there."

PocketRocket
2008-01-13, 12:45 AM
OOC:
Sorry I was so late a moved into a new apartment this weekend

Strong Arm

A very large half-orc finally comes to a tries to make sense of his frozen surroundings. "Where am I?" he looks around and hears Memnarch introduce himself so he has, "Me Strong Arm" and flexes his muscles as if to get the point across.

MammonAzrael
2008-01-13, 01:58 AM
Nasim

"Well, it should please me to meet you all, though truth be told I'd prefer an introduction from our mysterious captor." He glances around, peering at each of you, "I don't suppose any of you may have an inkling as to their identity?"

BizzaroStormy
2008-01-13, 02:00 AM
Garrus


All I know is that I'm bored and out of ale, and I seriously doubt this wierd dimension has a tavern.

JeminiZero
2008-01-13, 03:22 AM
Jaegar

Seeing that everyone had finally come to, he decided to introduce himself again.

"I am Jaegar Xorn, a hunter. And while I do not know who we may have been captured by, I doubt he would be very happy after what we did to his, uh stomach."

Zimmia
2008-01-13, 10:36 AM
Amatae

"It seems right now as though we are at his... or her... mercy. Hopefully they will be quick about getting us out of here.

Roland Deschain
2008-01-13, 10:48 AM
"well i suppose our captor will introduce himself to us when he has the time to do so...heh...seriously though, I can only think of a few things powerful enough to stop time for us, let alone keep it stopped, so when he finally shows himself, lets be polite ok?"

FlyMolo
2008-01-13, 12:44 PM
After a minute or two, a wizard dressed in a simple long robe steps through the floor, as though it wasn't there. Looking around him, he apologizes profusely. "So sorry, so many appointments, so little time! I'm sure you know how it is? You can call me The Wizard. Or Albert Ziraphale, if you're feeling less formal. Interestingly, some call me Time, but although I direct its flow, I'm not really time. At best, I could call myself an avatar of time, Time made flesh...but I digress. I'm sure you're all wondering why you're here, and why such an... uncomfortable fate awaits you just seconds away. I feel I owe you an explanation, starting with where, exactly, you are. You are 400 miles northwest and 370 miles below The Cluster, on the Plane of Flesh. Think of the largest animal you've ever seen, and then imagine you are a gnat inside it. The Plane is even larger. In fact, it's infinite in size! Imagine that. The more astute of you will be wondering how such a large place gets all the food it needs to survive. And the answer is all around you. Rooms like this one dot the Plane, dragging random bits of biomass from several planes at random. Delightfully eclectic, and ever so handy. Especially since the flow of time on the Plane of Flesh isn't linked so well to the time around it. This allows me to pull little tricks like this." At this, the wizard gestures to the gouts of acid, frozen in place. "If I tried this on the Prime Material, those celestial watchdogs would be all over me in a second. The paperwork is murder, I tell you. But I digress. I do pontificate so, don't I? Ah! There I go again! The reason I am here is because I need your help. You know Asmodeus, right? Archfiend of the Nine Hells, etcetera? We've had a bit of a game going on these last few centuries. Don't ask about the rules. It's more complex than you can handle, I'm sure. Ah! I'm going on and on again! You have a choice. Either you come with me and work as pieces on a cosmic chessboard, so to speak, or I return you to your normal place in the time stream. I regret giving you no real choice, but it's a necessity of strategy. By plucking you the grasp of complete annihilation, it becomes impossible to see whether I've interfered or not. No sense in showing my hand! In any case, do you accept? Raise your hand if you accept not be to devoured in acid, and I will instantly teleport you to a...'home base' of sorts. This offer stands for the next 30 seconds. Any questions?" He stands back and grins smugly at everyone.

memnarch
2008-01-13, 12:54 PM
Memnarch

raises his hand and asks, "Will we get returned to where we were before if you 'win' your game or something? I would like to know so I don't get my hopes up one way or another. I'll assume you will tell us more about this 'game' at 'home base'." looks at his companions to see what they decide.

NoDot
2008-01-13, 01:11 PM
Ning

Know Asmodeus? Ning closed his eyes and let a smile come to his face. I remember that trip. That... creature was certainly frightening. He chuckled. I'm sure he also has that imprint from my father's axe to this day.

"If there is such a thing as a 'once in a lifetime opportunity,' this is it. I'm in."

Zimmia
2008-01-13, 01:25 PM
Amatae

"Choose between being digested or getting out of here and working for you? Hardly a choice to make if you ask me," Amatae says as she looks closely at the wizard. "Count me in"

JeminiZero
2008-01-13, 01:27 PM
Jaegar


"So... let me get this straight." Jaegar began.

"This isn't *your* stomach, it is merely a place where you can exert your powers without the Gods breathing down your neck."

"It was purely by chance that this... thing plucked us from wherever we were, and dropped us here."

"You did not cause the Stomach to suddenly gush acid, thereby forcing our decision to the next 30 seconds. The acid gushing is a result of our futile attacks on its walls."

"And it is also purely coincidence that you are here to save us, in return for our services, in this game of yours."

"A game against an Archfiend, the highest Lord of Hell no less, who will doubtlessly come up with far more torturous and excruciating fates than drowning in acid, should we somehow fall into his hands."

"You did not instigate this massive stomach to bring us here, just so you could make us your slaves by threatening our lives. The stomach was just doing came naturally, and you were here to pick up the pieces. Have I got it about right so far?"

FlyMolo
2008-01-13, 01:38 PM
Amatae, Ning and Memnarch vanish suddenly.

The wizard nods at Jaegar. "You got it exactly right. But these stomachs would have done that anyway. They picked you up to digest you, after all. So don't blame yourselves. Also, there are certain rules to the game, and Asmodeus is bound by them, so theres many things he isn't allowed to do. Demons are good at loopholes, but not good at creativity. Anyone else?"

People who have acceptedYou appear in a wide stone room, about 50 feet across. A deep voice booms through the room. "You didn't think I'd accept just anyone, would you? If you make to the other end of the Test, you will officially be in my employ, with all the rights and privileges thereby earned and given. Good luck."

JeminiZero
2008-01-13, 01:49 PM
Jaegar
The hunter gave a tired sigh.

"I suppose I shall have to accept your offer. As much as all this seems wrong to me, I do like to carry on living."

Meloku
2008-01-13, 02:09 PM
Erro

"Well, I suppose. Given the choice between ultimate annihilation or possible annihilation..."

Slowly, reluctantly, raising his hand, he continues

"I'm forced to act in the interest of self preservation. Even if it may end up worse for me soon."

bchilders
2008-01-13, 03:24 PM
Talon

"As long as I can continue to worship the god of storms, I don't mind lending you both of our aid. Though his I can see being a little more beneficial," Talon says as he raises his hand while laughing at his comments.

BizzaroStormy
2008-01-13, 03:26 PM
Fine, as long as the next place we go has ale an some attractive women I'm in.

PocketRocket
2008-01-13, 03:28 PM
Strong Arm

Strong Arm looks around him and raises his hand as well. By the look on his face an observer would be hardpressed to tell if he knew why he was raising his hand or if he was just doing what everyone else was.

MammonAzrael
2008-01-13, 03:29 PM
Nasim

"Well...I don't fancy being digested, and Jaleh would make no end of it. He shakes his head in dismay.I guess I'm in too, Al. Though I hope you're saner than gaming with an arch-devil implies.

memnarch
2008-01-13, 03:33 PM
Memnarch

decides it would be a good idea to cast "detect magic (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Detect_Magic)" as he finds himself in a new area.

oocnotesp# = 0lvl, 4; 1lvl, 3

"detect magic" is link to DnD wiki

FlyMolo
2008-01-13, 05:12 PM
Cyre, Nasim, Strong Arm, Talon, Erro, and Jaegar all flicker and vanish, leaving only Olaf all alone, still thinking. The Wizard looks at the sheep, nearly forgotten in the confusion, and raises his eyebrows. The sheep bleats quietly, and then vanishes.

[everyone except Olaf] You are in a large circular room made of roughly worked stone. There's a wide square doorway, about 10 feet on a side, leading into a corrider that stretches off about 30 feet before it turns a corner.

Amatae, Ning, and Memnarch are already here, looking around. They seem a little surprised. Memnarch is studying the corridor ahead of him.

[Memnarch]You detect no magic immediately ahead of you, but there's a wash of power at the edges of your vision, bleeding into your vision from behind you.

Zimmia
2008-01-13, 05:29 PM
Amatae

Grumbling to herself as the voice indicates that more 'tests' are to follow, Amatae inspects her clothings for signs of damage from the acid and then takes a good look around her.

I'm looking for general impressions - is it furnished? Does someone seem to live here? What wealth level is seen, etc etc.

memnarch
2008-01-13, 06:00 PM
Memnarch

Refocuses his spell behind him.

oocspellnote; assuming one round passed there. 54sec left in spell

bchilders
2008-01-13, 06:11 PM
Talon

"Well if Time himself wants us to pass a test then lets....although tests have never been my strong suit," Talon says out loud as he pictures in his mind throwing lightning bolts at former childhood teachers. He continues his musing as he walks to the doorway and tries to open it.

Meloku
2008-01-13, 07:00 PM
Erro

"Weren't you listening? He said he wasn't time, just an avatar."

NoDot
2008-01-13, 07:11 PM
Ning

Bemused by the test comment, Ning speaks up, "If you can't pass tests, then either you didn't learn the material, or the teacher is poor."

Ning watches with amusement as the one standing in the middle of the empty doorway acts like he's opening-or trying to open-its nonexistent door. "I wonder which is is," he says sarcastically.

Zimmia
2008-01-13, 07:21 PM
Amatae

I've heard stories of people who have had run-ins with avatars of nigh-powerful beings," Amatae offers as she takes a better look at those stuck there wtih her. "Those stories don't usually have happy endings."

Roland Deschain
2008-01-13, 07:52 PM
looking up from the sheep "GADZOOKS LOOK AT THE TIME" so i go with you or be devoured by acid right? sure i'll join the others!

JeminiZero
2008-01-13, 07:54 PM
Jaegar


"I would think that what just transpired in the giant stomach counts more as a get-out than a run-in. However, I suspect we may be having a few run-ins with Asmodeus if we get out of here."


Jaegar carefully examines the chamber and the passage beyond the doorway for anything of note.

Search take 10: +7 mod = 17

Spot take 10: +5 mod = 15

Meloku
2008-01-13, 08:06 PM
Erro

Slipping back into his normal, more comfortable changeling form, Erro proffers

"Well, as an archfiend, he probably has more important things to do than to mess around with little old us. But we might want to beware of strangers bearing gifts."

Looking around at the "pieces" he's been dumped with, asking

"So, anyone think we might want to get out of this room soon?"

NoDot
2008-01-13, 08:07 PM
Ning

Ning stays rooted firmly in place for a moment, examining everything.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
Sense Motive on the place and anything relatively suspicious - [roll3]

((Anyone know the Sense Motive DC on rock?))

[edit] Responding to Erro, "I wouldn't be too sure," Ning says. He realized too late that he may have said too much.

Roland Deschain
2008-01-13, 08:20 PM
(after popping in amongst the rest of the party)
"well we are probably going to have to kill whatever is around that corner as a test or something." (casts true strike on self and rolls up sleeves) "lets get to gettin"

spot [roll0]
listen [roll1]

Olaf then begins walking towards the doorway/corner

BizzaroStormy
2008-01-13, 09:06 PM
Garrus

Garrus walks through the doorway and around the corner.

Seriously, why couldn't I just stay at the tavern...

FlyMolo
2008-01-13, 10:20 PM
It's an utterly unremarkable stone room, completely empty and completely circular. Repeated searches turn up nothing unusual. It seems to be a completely ordinary stone room.

[memnarch]You see a powerful aura coming out of the wall behind you.

As Garrus crosses over into the corridor, everyone hears a faint ticking, very faintly.

[Garrus]As you turn the corner, you see a fairly spacious plain stone room, completely unadorned. In one corner, there's about a dozen kobolds sitting around a table, playing cards. They look up as you come in, and go back to their game. Against one wall, there's a large ornate doorway that looks really heavy. (It looks heavy because it juts forward from the wall surrounding it, has hinges as big around as your torso, and seems to be made of solid lead.)

BizzaroStormy
2008-01-13, 10:52 PM
Garrus casually approches the table. "<Mind if I join in?>"

< > = Draconic

NoDot
2008-01-13, 10:54 PM
Ning

Deciding that they were unlikely to find anything else unusual in the place, Ning proceeds down the tunnel.

memnarch
2008-01-13, 11:24 PM
Memnarch
hears the draconic and calls down the tunnel "don't try to annoy whatever is in there Garrus." in common, as he understands draconic as well.


touches the wall with the aura and makes a listen check to try to find the source of the sound. [roll0]


that kind of listen check is ok right?


+9 because of; +3 bat familiar, +2 familiar within arms reach, +2 elf, and +2 wis mod

Roland Deschain
2008-01-14, 12:25 AM
"so hey whats in there?" Olaf asks as he steps around the corner. He then observes what garrus sees and walks to the table. Not familiar with draconic he says: "Hey, do you understand common?"

JeminiZero
2008-01-14, 12:41 AM
Jaegar

The hunter's ears prick,"Where's that ticking noise coming from?"

Listen check: [roll0] +1 wis bonus

MammonAzrael
2008-01-14, 01:58 AM
Nasim

"Well, an empty room is an improvement. Though the decor is a bit dreary. Do you suppose Al will come around soon to explain this 'game' of his? And more importantly, the stakes?"

Taking 20 (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/usingSkills.htm#taking20) on Search and Listen checks. 22 and 20 repectively.

"Garrus is speaking to something (I hope), and something starts ticking. That worry anyone else?"

Nasim follows Ning and Olaf after Garrus, after giving Memnarch a quizzical look.

PocketRocket
2008-01-14, 12:09 PM
Strong arm
Strong arm puts on a concerned face when he hears the clicking noice. He looks around at the rest of the group. "Ticking sound bad. We follow?" Before anyone actually answers Strong arm begins to walk towards the door. Hmmm... I wonder what this clicking noice could be. It sounds maybe like a language. I wonder how reliable this group is going to be. Don't know if I'm a big fan of the changeling. Focus Strong arm. Put your dumbfounded face back on. The tall, bald half-orc ***** his head as he walks and begins to stare off into pace as if everything around him confused him.

Zimmia
2008-01-14, 12:22 PM
Amatae

"I'm no expert, but ticking usually doesn't bode anything good," Amatae says as she follows the group down the corridor.

Meloku
2008-01-14, 03:58 PM
Erro

"We're in agreement there, methinks." spouts out Erro as he follows Amatae.

FlyMolo
2008-01-14, 05:51 PM
[memnarch] The wall directly behind you(well, in front of you, now) is providing the ticking noise, and is also the source of the aura. Concentrating, you detect that it's a powerful conjuration aura.

[MammonAzrael]Poking around the room, carefully examining everything, you determine that the only way out of the room is back the way you came, or through the enormously heavy door. Looking closely, you see 20 handprints, scattered across the door. Most of them are handprints, but some seem to be sized for elves, while others are more exotic.

The ticking is still coming from the room you just left.

The kobolds seem supremely disinterested, and the leader eventually stands up, sighs, and puts his cards down. He says in perfect Common: "Look. You aren't the first set of warriors for The Wizard to come through here. You won't be the last. The door to the next room is right there. Go on and open it. And if you're really hung up about "defeating the guardian" or whatever the fashion is these days, here you go." The kobold rolls his eyes and declares in a bored tone of voice. "I hereby surrender. Go on through." He sits down, picks up his cards and continues playing. As an afterthought, he adds "No. You can't play. You're supposed to 'prove your worth', right? Now go do it. I'll give you a big hint: Look that way." He points to the huge door at one end of the room.

Look! A map!
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh32/Flymolo1/WWYkoboldRoom.pngIf you're suddenly ready for combat, keep in mind I've been slaving away at the underlying grid for ages, and want to show it off. Don't panic.

JeminiZero
2008-01-14, 08:24 PM
Jaegar

After listeining to the kobold leader's small speech, Jaegar walks over the massive door (G14) and examines it.

Search take 10: +7 mod = 17

Spot take 10: +5 mod = 15

memnarch
2008-01-14, 09:21 PM
Calls out what he has found. "This wall is the source of the ticking noice. It also has a powerful conjuration aura, so it might be best to step a little ways away from the wall incase something else comes through it."

Moves to 11,V and asks the kobold leader, "Is there anything else we could know? Like is that door going to let a monster or monsters loose in here?"

common. Fly said
... He says in perfect Common: "Look. You aren't the first set of warriors for The Wizard...

Zimmia
2008-01-14, 09:26 PM
Amatae

((move to Y9))

"Well beating them was easy enough," Amatae said sarcastically as she moves into the room. "So, what? You get paid to play cards all day? Sure beats some iron mine somewhere I suppose."

NoDot
2008-01-14, 09:28 PM
Ning

Ning decides to follow the warning and get farther away. He makes his way over to the odd door.

memnarch
2008-01-14, 09:51 PM
Memnarch

says "Amatae, things aren't usually as easy as they look. There's probably something we aren't getting here."

Zimmia
2008-01-14, 10:00 PM
Amatae

"Oh, don't worry, I get that," she reassures with a smile as she moves further into the room. "But considering we were all almost extraplanar gak a little bit ago, I think we're entitled to be a little giddy. These things don't happen every day... at least not to me."

NoDot
2008-01-14, 10:10 PM
Ning

Getting pulled into an planar stomach is nothing-I've seen weirder. That avatar of Time, on the other hand...

JeminiZero
2008-01-14, 10:21 PM
Jaegar

Jaegar listened quietly to the conversation between the Memnarch and Amatae before speaking, "Still, I would advise some caution. The Kobold did say there were many others who went through this way which implies that many recruits didn't make the cut, and more had to be found."

NoDot
2008-01-14, 10:42 PM
Ning

"In that case, let us make it through."

And with that, Ning made his way over to the door, searched for a set of human hands, and placed his hands in them.

Zimmia
2008-01-14, 10:52 PM
Amatae

Curiosity getting the better of her, Amate follows Ning, although not too closely.

Listen and spot checks, just for fun:Listen [roll]1d20+4[roll]
Spot: [roll0]

Zimmia
2008-01-14, 10:54 PM
((Weasels!!))

spot check with correct syntax: [roll0]

Roland Deschain
2008-01-14, 11:03 PM
Olaf turns to his newfangled compatriots and says "should we kill them anyway? no offense kobold guys but i was really looking forward to killing whatever was around this corner"

BizzaroStormy
2008-01-14, 11:21 PM
Try it and I'll drop you where you stand. It's obvious they dont want to fight. He walks up to the door, eying Amatae up and down. Maybe this wont be so bad after all*clears throat* So... any ideas on how to open it?

((Wow, someone else who remembers gak, im gonna have to see if I still got that kit that makes the stuff))

bchilders
2008-01-14, 11:23 PM
Talon

Talon looks to Olaf and says, "I like killing as much as the next guy, but no offense (he directs to the kobolds) this doesn't seem to sporting." With that he walks over to the door and inspects all of the elf hands to find one that fits his own and places his own hands in them. If the others take their time following suit he will make his way behind one of the kobolds and regardless of their hand say, "So what does it mean if you have four cards that are all the same?"

NoDot
2008-01-14, 11:31 PM
Ning

eying Amatae up and down. Maybe this wont be so bad after all((What's the Spot Check DC to notice this?))

[roll0]

NoDot
2008-01-14, 11:33 PM
Ning

((Whoops! Listen DC, too?))

[roll0]

Roland Deschain
2008-01-14, 11:38 PM
Olaf shrugs at everyones nonplussed response to chaotic violence, and wonders over to the door to fit his palms into 2 human hand shaped imprints

BizzaroStormy
2008-01-14, 11:40 PM
Seeing the others putting their hands in the door, he does the same It's called Four of-a-Kind, Its pretty high on the hierarchy of hands.

JeminiZero
2008-01-14, 11:44 PM
He walks up to the door, eying Amatae up and down. Maybe this wont be so bad after all


Spot: [roll0]

Listen: [roll1]

Zimmia
2008-01-15, 12:00 AM
Amatae

Amatae finds the other elf-sized hand prints and puts hers inside them. "Someone else who enjoys a card game I see. Perhaps this avatar tampering with things won't be so bad after all."

JeminiZero
2008-01-15, 12:10 AM
Jaegar

Jaegar raises an eyebrow at Garrus' inter-racial lecherous looks, before returning his attention to the door. The hunter searched for a set of prints that fit his hands, and prepared to place his palms there.

MammonAzrael
2008-01-15, 01:49 AM
Nasim

Nasim shrugs and walks over to the enormous double doors.

Looks like we don't have all that much choice in the matter...

He shoulders the door and begins to push.

PocketRocket
2008-01-15, 08:39 AM
Strong Arm

Strong Arm goes around the room putting his hands in all of the different hand prints. He even at one point tries to put his feet into a couple of them. Finally he finds the ones made perfect for his oversized half-orc hands. "Me found it!" he says with a silly grin on his face.

Hmmm...it looks like there may be enough prints for each one of us. I wonder what sort of device this will open up. Maybe the door? I guess we will just have to see. Man I really wish I could go join that game. I could take all of their money. Just play dumb for a while then, BAM! Strong Arm comes in for the kill. They would never know what hit them. Oh well. I guess there will be plenty of time for conning after this little test.

bchilders
2008-01-15, 09:45 AM
Talon

Talon smiles at all the response to his comment on cards. I'll have to explain to a few a my new friends a little thing called sarcasm. With that he makes his way back to his set of prints and waits for the rest to follow suit.

memnarch
2008-01-15, 01:11 PM
ncaunless the kobold leader says a really large monster is going to jump out, my character goes and finds a set of elf sized prints as well (nca=next character action; rudimentary course of action so the game won't be held up too long)

Meloku
2008-01-15, 02:15 PM
Erro

Following suit to the rest of the group, Erro places his hands in the most fitting prints.

FlyMolo
2008-01-15, 05:56 PM
The kobold sneers at everyone who tries to talk to him. At one point, he gives up, and puts his hand down. Obviously annoyed, he says "Please people! Get with the program! You put your hands in the door, then it opens! Honestly, adventurers these days." He sits back down and grumbles.

As you put your hands in the handprints some don't fit quite right. But as you try different handprints along the door, you find one pair that fit perfectly. As you slide your fingers into the little channels, you feel a strange warmth coming from the stone, and a huge bolt slides out from the sides of the door for every handprint you fill.

Roland Deschain
2008-01-15, 06:13 PM
"so we get to kill whats behind THIS door when it opens right?" Olaf says as the last few bolts slide out of place

Zimmia
2008-01-15, 06:15 PM
Amatae

Unless our employer is behind the door, it's distinctly possible. Just make sure which it is before you charge.

FlyMolo
2008-01-15, 06:23 PM
As the entire party stands in front of the enormous lead slab that constitutes this door, each with their hands in the respective sockets, nothing happens. A few heads turn, looking around. Nasim catches on and sticks his hands into their respective slots. As the last pair of bolts slides out of the door, the entire door clanks, clicks, and then folds up into itself, rapidly shrinking as it folds itself in half repeatedly, until it's the size of a quarter. Then it drops to the ground, and tinks gently on the stone floor. Behind the door is a blank expanse of wall, with a black void in the shape of a door in the middle. Suddenly, a barrage of stones hits you from behind, and an enormously bright flash washes from the way you came. As you turn around, you realize the kobolds have picked up their spears, and the leader has developed a black spot in the middle of his forehead, about the size of an apple. It's the same black as the "door". The kobolds look ready to handle a charge, their spears locked into the ground and ready to go.

((You guys are flatfooted, so don't panic. I didn't mess up your AC))
1d30
[attack+damage rolls]
Erro(AC 10): 1d20+3[roll1]
Amatae(AC 14):1d20+3[roll3]
Strong Arm(AC 10):1d20+3[roll5]
Nasim(AC 12):1d20+3[roll7]
Olaf(14):1d20+3[roll9]
Talon(14):1d20+3[roll11]
Garrus(14):1d20+3[roll13]
Jaegar(16):1d20+3[roll15]
Memnarch(10):1d20+3[roll17]
Ning(15):1d20+3[roll19]

FlyMolo
2008-01-15, 06:27 PM
GAH Redone attack rolls. Above damage rolls stand. I'll do crits(if any) in a sec.

[attack+damage rolls]

Nevermind.

MammonAzrael
2008-01-15, 06:27 PM
Nasim

"Employer?" Nasim laughs. "You mean the mysterious old man who claims to have saved us from an enormous stomach to go be his pawns in a game against Asmodeous? Perhaps I just didn't here the part where he mentioned payment." He lets out another subdued chuckle. "Though I guess at this point it doesn't make much of a difference."

FlyMolo
2008-01-15, 06:28 PM
Erro(AC 10): 1d20+3
Amatae(AC 14):1d20+3
Strong Arm(AC 10):1d20+3
Nasim(AC 12):1d20+3
Olaf(14):1d20+3
Talon(14):1d20+3
Garrus(14):1d20+3
Jaegar(16):1d20+3
Memnarch(10):1d20+3
Ning(15):1d20+3

Why isn't this working?!
Rolling idiocy spoilered, for the children.

FlyMolo
2008-01-15, 06:32 PM
Erro(AC 10) [roll0]
Amatae(AC 14):[roll1]
Strong Arm(AC 10):[roll2]
Nasim(AC 12):[roll3]
Olaf(14):[roll4]
Talon(14):[roll5]
Garrus(14):[roll6]
Jaegar(16):[roll7]
Memnarch(10):[roll8]
Ning(15):[roll9]

Here's to an actual working roll. Edit: yay no crits, and subtract one from all these rolls. Range mod, you know.

Alright: Strong Arm(2), Nasim(2), Olaf(1), Talon(2), Garrus(0) and Jaegar(1) get hit, for the damage in paraentheses.

And roll initiative. For simplicity, all kobolds act on the leader's initiative, which I'll roll in a sec, now that the surprise round's over.

Oh, and they all have spears, except the leader, who wields a greatsword.

Roland Deschain
2008-01-15, 06:40 PM
ooc: here here! i assume we take the damage listed in the post above if we are hit?

ic:"THATS IT, you DIRTIED MY COAT YOU LITTLE FREAKS, TIME TO DIE!" Olaf screams and then casts magic missile at the kobold leader damage=[roll0]

FlyMolo
2008-01-15, 06:55 PM
[roll0]

((Technically, your turn hasn't come round yet, but he doesn't go down. Just so you know.))

Don't forget to roll initiative!

yay map!
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh32/Flymolo1/WWYkoboldRoom-1.png

Meloku
2008-01-15, 07:02 PM
Erro

"Ugh."

[roll0]

((Woot!))

Zimmia
2008-01-15, 07:02 PM
Amatae

"Ah I see - now you want to play. Better late than never, I suppose," Amatae says as she draws her blade and prepares to charge.

Initiative: [roll0]

memnarch
2008-01-15, 07:05 PM
((You guys are flatfooted, so don't panic. I didn't mess up your AC))
1d30
[attack+damage rolls]
Erro(AC 10): 1d20+3[roll1]
Amatae(AC 14):1d20+3[roll3]
Strong Arm(AC 10):1d20+3[roll5]
Nasim(AC 12):1d20+3[roll7]
Olaf(14):1d20+3[roll9]
Talon(14):1d20+3[roll11]
Garrus(14):1d20+3[roll13]
Jaegar(16):1d20+3[roll15]
Memnarch(10):1d20+3[roll17]
Ning(15):1d20+3[roll19]


ooc=damage taken was in this post right?

Memnarch

[roll1]
"Stupid kobolds...."

ooc=what the heck? all i typed was {roll}1d20+3{/roll} using []....

FlyMolo
2008-01-15, 07:07 PM
ooc=damage taken was in this post right?

Memnarch

[roll1]
"Stupid kobolds...."

ooc=what the heck? all i typed was {roll}1d20+3{/roll} using []....

beats me. But you need to roll initiative, unless that was initiative. The roller is being retarded today.

memnarch
2008-01-15, 07:10 PM
Memnarch

"You know, we probably should be a little more careful about large doors in the future"


ooc=that was supposed to be initiative; I have +3 dex mod.

JeminiZero
2008-01-15, 07:47 PM
Jaegar

"What did I tell you? Caution!"

Jaegar draws his bow, and searches for a target. Seeing the Black Spot on the Kobold Leader's head, he tries to shoot it.

Initiative Roll: [roll0]

Attack Roll: [roll1]

Damage Roll: [roll2]


Status:
HP: 9/10
40 Arrows remaining

Eidt: Gah, this doesn't look good.

Meloku
2008-01-15, 08:05 PM
((That's a will do, on your count, yes?))

FlyMolo
2008-01-15, 08:27 PM
((That's a will do, on your count, yes?))
Probably.

Initative counts(so far):
Garrus(27)->Amatae(23)->Erro(23)->Memnarch(16)->Jaegar(12)->Kobolds (8)

BizzaroStormy
2008-01-15, 08:37 PM
Initiative - [roll0]

On my turn, Fly up to altitude 60' in square H20 then Summon Swarm (spiders) centered on the leader.

memnarch
2008-01-15, 09:30 PM
On my turn, cast mage armor (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Mage_Armor) on self. +4 AC. Total AC 10 + 3dex +4ma = 17
oocnotesp# = 0lvl, 4; 1lvl, 2

"mage armor" is link to DnD wiki

Roland Deschain
2008-01-16, 02:14 AM
initiative roll [roll0]

OOC:and we all know what i do on MY turn...

IC:"i told you we should have killed them...the sheep would have backed me up!"

MammonAzrael
2008-01-16, 02:18 AM
Nasim
HP - 6/8
AC - 15

"Gah!"

[roll0]

OoC: I'm assuming that each square is a 5' square (in which case, did you remember the -2 penalty the kobolds slings get? If you didn't, Garrus didn't get hit)

On my action I head to J-18 and Eldritch Blast kobold #5.
[roll1]
[roll2]

Edit: Wow, this is a promising start...
Edit 2: Sorry, I know this sounds like rule mongering, but Pirate Jesus, doesn't Summon Swarm have a range of Close(25' + 5'/2 lv), and thus impossible to cast from 60' up?

JeminiZero
2008-01-16, 03:41 AM
Edit 2: Sorry, I know this sounds like rule mongering, but Pirate Jesus, doesn't Summon Swarm have a range of Close(25' + 5'/2 lv), and thus impossible to cast from 60' up?


OOC: More importantly, is the Ceiling 60 ft high? :smallbiggrin:

NoDot
2008-01-16, 05:35 AM
Ning

Ning advances 30' forward (and one over), placing himself in front of the leader, drawing his sword on the way.

Grinning like a madman, Ning says, "I shall take you all on!" The glint in Ning's eye says he's not joking around!

((Init. in OOC))

PocketRocket
2008-01-16, 08:40 AM
Strong Arm
HP 9/11
AC 17

Strong Arm turns around after being hit. Those stupid son of a ..... Oh just wait until a punch straight through one of their skulls.

Initiative:[roll0]
Strong Arm moves up 30 ft and takes a partial defensive action giving a plus 2 to defense, hense the 17 instead of 15

bchilders
2008-01-16, 09:40 AM
Talon

Talon rushed forward, drawing a javelin and lets it loose at one of the kobolds who are ready for a charge. "Shoulda killed you earlier.." Talos mutters as he lets his javelin go.

Move forward 40 ft draw and throw a javelin.
Init:[roll0]
Attack:[roll1]
Damage:[roll2]

Meloku
2008-01-16, 05:09 PM
Erro

Taking out his crossbow ((move action)), Erro takes a step forward ((5 foot step - Down on the Map - I think that's to E15)) and fires it at the leader ((Standard Action)).


Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Should I roll a natural 19 or 20,
Confirmation: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Well, that's a good start, eh? 2 natural 20s and that means it's 10 damage

FlyMolo
2008-01-16, 06:52 PM
Initative counts(so far):
Garrus(27)->Amatae(23)->Erro(23)->Olaf(19)->Memnarch(16)->Ning(15)->Talon(14)->Jaegar(12)->Strong Arm(11) ->Kobolds (8)->Nasim(4)

Garrus walks forward and does his summoning thing. (green splut are the spiders, they aren't all the way there yet. Summoned in m18, then run forward towards the nearest kobolds) Deals [roll0] to kobolds 4+5. [roll1]against [roll2] [roll3]against [roll4]


Amatae: Erm, more crunch plz?

Erro shoots the kobold leader, and he staggers slightly.

Olaf's missile flies off, hits kobold leader, and he collapses on the ground.[roll5] On a 10, he becomes stable.

Memnarch casts mage armor, gets really cool glowing pads all over his body.

Ning runs foward, exposes himself to enemy fire.

Talon runs forward, flings javelin. Hits one kobold squarely, who takes a half step backward.

Jaegar takes aim at the kobold leader, but his arrow glances off him.

Strong Arm runs foward and drops into a defensive stance.

The kobolds turn! yay book keeping! Kobolds 1,2,and 9 converge on Talon. Kobolds 1,9 are flanking. [roll6]AC14[roll7]AC14 [roll8]AC14[roll9][roll10][roll11]

Kobold 5 charges Strong Arm. [roll12]AC 17, right? [roll13],Actually 4 taking a -2 to AC next round.

Kobold 4 tries to staunch the leader's bleeding. [roll14], then moves towards strong arm, waving a spear.

Kobold 3 charges Ning, taking a -2 to AC next round.[roll15][roll16] AC 16

Kobolds 6,7, and 8 quick-move down the room, towards the casters in the back.

Nasim tries to zap kobold 5, but misses.
Map!http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh32/Flymolo1/WWYkoboldRoom-2.png
Let's see how this works... Edit: Talon takes 2 damage, and Ning takes 4.

Zimmia
2008-01-16, 07:02 PM
((Sorry, I didn't realize that we were posting actions at the same time as initiative.))

Amatae charges the kobolds in front of her, she will attack the one she encounters first.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Crit Confirmation (if necessary) [roll2]

MammonAzrael
2008-01-16, 07:30 PM
Nasim
HP - 6/8
AC - 15
Int - 4

Nasim fires off an Eldritch Blast at kobold #5.


[roll0]
[roll1]

JeminiZero
2008-01-16, 07:33 PM
Jaegar

Seeing the Approaching Kobolds, Jaegar sets off another shot before trying to place himself between the approaching Kobolds and Memnarch, "Stay behind me friend."


Status
HP: 9/10
AC: 18
39 Arrows remaining (38 after this shot)

Standard Action: Long Bow shot at Kobold 6 (to remove ranged attack in melee penalty)
Move Action: Ready Shield
5 foot step to E10

Long Bow Attack Roll: [roll0]
Long Bow Damage Roll: [roll1]

Edit: Another 13? The Dice must hate me today :smallfrown:

BizzaroStormy
2008-01-16, 07:36 PM
Garrus flys to the ceiling any maintains the swarm until it puts one of his allies in danger.

FlyMolo
2008-01-16, 07:38 PM
OOC: More importantly, is the Ceiling 60 ft high? :smallbiggrin:

Mea culpa. I forgot to say how high the ceiling is. For future reference, it's 50 feet high. That seems like a good number.

For the sake of argument, Amatae is at k13, but misses with her charge attack.

Meloku
2008-01-16, 07:47 PM
Erro
Initiative: 23, HP: 6, AC: 12

Erro takes a step ((to e16 - 5 ft. step)), pulls a pinch of powdered iron out of his spell component pouch ((free action)), he tosses them at Strong Arm, along with a healthy dose of gesturing and babbling ((Standard Action - Casting Enlarge Person (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/enlargePerson.htm) on Strong Arm)), and picks out another bolt to place in his crossbow, pulling back on the lever ((reload as a move action - 18 bolts left unloaded))

"Let's get this over with, shall we?"

Roland Deschain
2008-01-16, 08:03 PM
Olaf on his turn moves to D13 while bringing out a bottle of mage armor potion and drinks the potion thus upping his ac to 19 then drops the potion as a free action

GET BEHIND ME he shouts at memnarch as he takes his position facing goblins 6, 7 and 8

NoDot
2008-01-16, 08:10 PM
Ning

With the enemy's charge, Ning shuts distractions from his mind. ((Immediate Action to enter Rage-lose Fast Healing; gain DR 3/-; gain +2 Morale to Attack, Damage, Saving Throws; lose -2 to AC))

With little concern to his safety, Ning cleaves (or tries to) through the Kobold in front of him and moves into the space.

[roll0]
[roll1]

((Ning only takes one point of damage due to DR.))

memnarch
2008-01-16, 09:31 PM
Memnarch

On my turn, move to D15 and cast mage armor (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Mage_Armor) on Meloku. +4 AC. Total AC 10 + 2dex +4ma = 16

Says "Thanks"
oocnotesp# = 0lvl, 4; 1lvl, 1

"mage armor" is link to DnD wiki

PocketRocket
2008-01-17, 01:03 AM
Strong Arm
HP 9/11
AC 15

OOC: So I should become large next round, right. Takes an entire turn to cast?

Strong arm leans back and lets the kobold in front of him have two straight punches to the face.

Attack 1: [roll0]
Attack 2: [roll1]

Damage 1: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

bchilders
2008-01-17, 11:59 AM
Talon

Talon will step back (5 ft)draw his spear and attack one of the kobolds flanking him.

Is there a reason that those attacking me were trying to hit
AC 14?..my AC is 18.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Meloku
2008-01-17, 03:34 PM
((I didn't realize that it took one round to cast, bleh, so yes, on my next count you'll be large))

((Also, I won't post on friday or Saturday (Going away for the weekend), so below is my next actions, as if-then statements))

Erro

If I can catch three or more Kobolds in fifteen foot cone:
Move to a space where I won't provoke an attack of opportunity (if possible, else [roll0] against DC 16, cast color spray to catch as many as possible while avoiding teammates.

Otherwise I'll reload the crossbow and fire at the easiest one to hit (no soft cover, attempting to avoid firing into melee; Also aiming at the one that took the most punishment, if I can discern that;

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]


((Oh, and my crossbow isn't reloaded, I guess.))

FlyMolo
2008-01-17, 10:32 PM
Initative counts:
Garrus(27)->Amatae(23)->Erro(23)->Olaf(19)->Memnarch(16)->Ning(15)->Talon(14)->Jaegar(12)->Strong Arm(11) ->Kobolds (8)->Nasim(4)

Garrus does his flying thing, and the swarm pursues the nearest kobold. It doesn't go after the leader cuz he's not moving, and looks dead.

Amatae, for the sake of argument, takes a whack at kobold #3. [roll0]AC 13, [roll1]

Erro begins casting enlarge person.

Olaf moves to d13 and chugs a potion, bringing his AC to 19.

Memnarch casts Mage Armor on Erro, bringing up his AC to 16

Ning hits the kobold fighting him quite hard, but the little guy stays on his feet.

Talon swings his mighty spear around in an arc that would certainly kill any kobold on the receiving end, but sadly misses. (you were flanked, preventing your dex bonus to AC from applying.)

Jaegar shoots an arrow at a kobold, but misses.

Strong Arm smacks the kobold next to him down, leaving him in a crumpled mess.[roll2] a 10 stabilizes.

Kobolds!

kobolds 6 and 7 flank jaegar, while kobold 8 goes after Olaf.
[roll3]AC 16[roll4]
[roll5]AC 16[roll6]

[roll7]AC 19[roll8]

Kobold 10 gets to his feet and struggles towards the table. Kobold 2 runs behind Talon, while kobolds 1 and 9 take a whack at him while he's distracted.
[roll9]AC 14[roll10]

Kobolds 3 and 4 move to flank Ning.
[roll11]AC 15[roll12]DR not factored in yet.
[roll13]AC 15[roll14]
[roll15]AC 14[roll16]

Edit: forgot flanking bonus on rolls. rolls for 6,7,3,4,1,and 9 should be two higher. not important but one of the rolls hits jaegar, I think.

Nasim, I'm redirecting your blast to kobold 4, because that makes sense. You can still hit kobold 5 if you really want to, but you don't have to, seeing as he already went down. kobold 4 takes 2 damage.

And what do you lot think of the maps, anyway?
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh32/Flymolo1/WWYkoboldRoom-3.png

You hear a loud echoing footstep noises coming from the hallway you just left, and shouting in draconic. You can't make out any of the words.

NoDot
2008-01-17, 10:37 PM
Ning

Noticing the Kobold who came up to flank him, Ning swipes at Kobold3 again to kill him and then turns on the other.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[edit] Ning took no damage due to DR, and the attacks missed, anyway, I think.

Zimmia
2008-01-17, 10:42 PM
(( Sorry all, I haven't been able to get on the boards all day. Next round action)) Crit confirmation (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3805326&postcount=85)in OOC thread

Amatae continues to attack Kobold 3

attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

Roland Deschain
2008-01-17, 10:51 PM
Olaf takes a 5 foot step to D14, then turns back and casts burning hands at goblins 7 and 8 (DC reflex 15 half)

[roll0]
[roll1]

bchilders
2008-01-17, 10:54 PM
Talon
HP 2/9
AC 18

Talon wonders again why he always gets himself stuck in melee where he can't bring his javelins to bear. Reeling a bit from his injuries he focuses inward and mutters a prayer.

Concentration check to cast defensively: [roll0]
Cure light: [roll1]

JeminiZero
2008-01-17, 11:27 PM
Jaegar

Jaegar dodges the Kobolds' spear thrust, before drawing his own sword and attacking.


Status
HP: 9/10
38 Arrows remaining

Free Action: Drop Longbow
Move Action: Draw Shortsword
Standard Action: Attack Kobold 7, unless it was killed by Olaf's burning hands since he has higher initiative, in which case I'll attack Kobold 6.

Shortsword Attack Roll: [roll0]
Shortsword Damage Roll: [roll1]

Edit: Dang, another miss

memnarch
2008-01-18, 01:00 AM
Memnarch

Moves to E 20.

Throws a [roll0] at the kobold leader.

mutters "...really wish I had more attack spells..."
oocnotesp# = 0lvl, 4; 1lvl, none


also, kobolds don't seem to have spell resist so it hits. The map is very nice, but why no 17?

NoDot
2008-01-18, 02:33 AM
Ning

Making a superhuman effort to avoid attacking Memnarch, Ning shouts, "Arrow of Light? Are you dense!? Don't you know Cone of Color, Rest, or Soundless Sight!?"*

* He's refering to the spells as he knows them. In order, they are: Magic Missile, Color Spray, Sleep, and Silent Image.

PocketRocket
2008-01-18, 07:54 AM
Strong Arm
HP 9/11
AC 13

Strong Arm begins to grow larger. "What this? Why me getting bigger?"

Ahhh, the good ole enlarge person spell. I remember the time that wizard visited my monastery and cast this on me. Well now this will be fun. I'll be hit more but i should be able to take them out faster.

With a huge grin on his face, Strong arm smacks the kobald in front of him with two huge fists.

Attack 1: [roll0]
Attack 2: [roll1]

Damage 1: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

memnarch
2008-01-18, 09:01 AM
Memnarch

At Ning "I only get to learn a certain number of spells. I don't have a spell book that contains every single spell known like a wizard would. I DO know one other attack spell but it only works on the undead."

At self underbreath "note to self, try to find a light crossbow sometime."

NoDot
2008-01-19, 12:23 AM
Ning

"Then why would you waste it on useless spells like Arrow of Light?"

MammonAzrael
2008-01-19, 02:07 AM
Nasim
HP - 6/8
AC - 15
Int - 4

"Great, now we've got another 'playmate' coming!" Nasim utters a vile syllable in a dark tounge.



Nasim moves to H-13 and uses Baleful Utterance on the spear,or whatever weapon kobold#1 is wielding.

((You speak a single syllable of the Dark Speech, affecting an object or area as if by a shatter (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/shatter.htm) spell. If a creature is holding or wearing the target of the spell and the target is destroyed, the creature must make a Fort save or be dazed for 1 round and deafened for 1 minute. Sonic effect.))

DC 15 Will save for object.
DC 15 Fort save for kobold.

BizzaroStormy
2008-01-19, 09:31 PM
Garrus

Noticing the swarm's distance from his allies, Garrus ends his concentration, effectively dismissing the swarm. He Flies into space H15 and fires an eldritch blast at Kobold 3.

Attack Roll [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

FlyMolo
2008-01-20, 03:47 PM
Initative counts:
Garrus(27)->Amatae(23)->Erro(23)->Olaf(19)->Memnarch(16)->Ning(15)->Talon(14)->Jaegar(12)->Strong Arm(11) ->Kobolds (8)->Nasim(4)

Garrus blasts a nearby kobold, but misses by inches.

Amatae stabs kobold #3 in the neck, and crashes to the floor, gurgling slightly.

Erro reloads and fires at kobold #2, who collapses on the floor. [roll0] On a 10, as before.

Olaf casts burning hands, and a flaming cone shoots out of his hands, stopping just short of Jaegar. [roll1] 6 damage[roll2]3 damage DC 15 on both of them.

Memnarch launches a magic missile at the leader, knocking him off his feet once more.

Ning turns to attack kobold three, realizes that he's dead, and turns on kobold four, but barely grazes the small lizardy creature.

Talon, seeing an opportunity, steps over the kobold's body, getting away from the menacing spears of his associates. (I figured you wouldn't want to provoke AoO's anyway.) Talon's wounds all glow, and with a *FOOM* sound effect, close.

Jaegar swipes at the kobold, but misses.

Strong Arm smashes kobold four over the head, followed rapidly by an uppercut, and the kobold falls to the ground. (dead.)

The kobolds turn! Kobolds 10,2,4,5, and 3 are out of action.[roll3][roll4][roll5] Kobold 5 is at -4 unless he saves.

Kobolds 1 and 9 move to keep Amatae between them, while kobold two bleeds gently.[roll6] AC 18[roll7]AC 18[roll8]
[roll9]



Kobolds 6 and 7 take a whack at Jaegar, while 8 goes after Olaf.
[roll10]AC 18[roll11]
[roll12]Ac 18[roll13]

[roll14]Ac 18[roll15]

kobold 11 comes around the corner, wielding a greatsword.

Nasim yells out loud "IA IA CTHULHU FHTAGN!" and smashes the spear kobold 1 is holding into dust, but the kobold shrugs it off.
[roll16]DC15
[roll17]DC15

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh32/Flymolo1/WWYkoboldRoom-4.png Black Xs are dead, red ones are dying.

JeminiZero
2008-01-20, 04:34 PM
Jaegar

Jaegar takes another swing at a nearby Kobold.


Status
HP: 9/10
38 Arrows remaining

Standard Action: Attack Kobold 7, unless someone kills it before my turn, in which case I'll turn and attack Kobold 6.

Shortsword Attack Roll: [roll0]
Shortsword Damage Roll: [roll1]

Edit: Such a nice damage roll on such a poor attack roll :smallannoyed:

BizzaroStormy
2008-01-20, 04:42 PM
Garrus flies into position and takes a shot at Kobold 11

Eldritch Blast
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Zimmia
2008-01-20, 04:47 PM
Amatae


Status:
AC 18
HP 6/10


Grunting with the pain of attack as her wounds bleed, but heartened that one of the kobolds went down, Amatae continues her attack.

Attack kobold 9: [roll0]
Courtblade damage: [roll1]
edit: that's not (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3812185&postcount=101)a crit

MammonAzrael
2008-01-20, 05:24 PM
Nasim
HP - 6/8
AC - 15
Int - 4

"Where did he come from?! That other room was empty when we left it!" Nasim speaks again, destroying another kobold weapon.


I use Baleful Utterance on kobold #9's spear(DC 15 Will/Fort), unless kobold #11 is within range by my initiative, in which case I target his Greatsword.

memnarch
2008-01-20, 05:29 PM
Memnarch

Moves to H 18 and draws a rapier.

"Magic missile is not useless; it is a very nice spell to have when fighting an evasive opponent. When I said that I wish I had more attack spells, I meant that I wish I had Acid Orb or Ray of Frost because I am out of level 1 spells."

Meloku
2008-01-20, 05:42 PM
Erro

"I think we need some help over here!"

Erro walks around the kobolds ((move to F12))

"Come here, Strong Arm!"

Spitting out a few words, Erro suddenly is replaced by someone larger and more suited for melee ((Casting Benign Transposition on Strong Arm, (I move to J16, he moves to F12 and three adjoining squares (large size) (I think of his choice)))

PocketRocket
2008-01-20, 07:39 PM
Having no idea what just happened, but seeing two kobolds standing in front of him, Strong Arm shrugs and smacks Kobold 8 in the face with two giant fists.

Attack 1:[roll0]
Attack 2:[roll1]

Damage 1:[roll2]
Damage 2:[roll3]

memnarch
2008-01-20, 08:23 PM
Memnarch

"Nasim, he probably came through the wall with the powerful aura that I saw earlier. Also, do you remember that ticking noise? It came out of the same area as well."

Roland Deschain
2008-01-20, 08:27 PM
Olaf yells"THIS IS FOR YOU GUY MONTAG" and takes a 5 foot step to D15 and casts Lesser orb of fire at kobold 8

attack roll (ranged Touch!) [roll0]
damage roll [roll1]

bchilders
2008-01-20, 11:00 PM
Talon moves to his right to avoid all of the fighting and throws a javelin at the new kobold who just turned the corner.

Attack:[roll0] maybe a -2 for range increment

Damage: [roll1]

NoDot
2008-01-21, 03:34 AM
Ning

"If you knew Rest, we wouldn't be fighting near as many of these things."

Ning charges kobold9.

[roll0]
[roll1]

memnarch
2008-01-21, 10:55 AM
Memnarch

Well that may be true, I can only know two level 1 spells. As I do not have the luxury of high HP or AC, I took mage armor as one. And I also took magic missile because of the qualities mentioned before and because it will also gain some strength as I level up.

FlyMolo
2008-01-21, 11:57 AM
Initative counts:
Garrus(27)->Amatae(23)->Erro(23)->Olaf(19)->Memnarch(16)->Ning(15)->Talon(14)->Jaegar(12)->Strong Arm(11) ->Kobolds (8)->Nasim(4)

Dying kobolds stabilizing rolls.[roll="stabilize2"]1d101d10

Garrus soars over the melee going on in front of him, and blasts at the newest kobold, getting in a glancing blow.

Amatae chops into kobold 9, and he falls to the ground.

Erro swaps places with Strong Arm. (and I update Strong Arm's icon)

Olaf throws a little ball made of fire at kobold 8, and narrowly misses.

Memnarch pulls out his rapier and advances into melee.

Ning charges kobold 9, who is lying on the floor bleeding, and therefore easy to hit. His swing kills kobold 9 outright.

Talon skips right out of melee, heading for the wall. Once he gets out, he flings a javeling at the new kobold, who dodges it.

Jaegar swings at kobold 7, but misses.

Strong Arm bashes kobold 8 over the head, then swats him aside.

The remaining kobolds spring into action

Kobold 7 attacks Strong Arm, while kobold 6 swipes at Jaegar.
[roll1]AC 18[roll2]

[roll3]AC 13[roll4]

kobold 1, spearless, swipes one from kobold 3 and attacks nasim
[roll5]AC 15[roll6]

Kobold 11 moves towards the group, greatsword at the ready.

You hear another fwoomp noise, and another bright flash of light streams out from the corridor kobold 11 just came out of.

Nasim smashes another spear into powder, but the kobold shrugs it off, again.

[roll7]DC 15
[roll8]DC 15

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh32/Flymolo1/WWYkoboldRoom-5.png

MammonAzrael
2008-01-21, 03:30 PM
Nasim
HP - 6/8
AC - 15
Int - 4

Nasim steps away from the threatening kobold and fires a blast of energy at him.


Nasim takes a 5' step back and fires an Eldritch Blast at kobold #1.

[roll0]
[roll1]

If he is already down, then I target the nearest kobold to me.

Meloku
2008-01-21, 04:27 PM
Erro

"Bad"

Erro reloads his crossbow once again and takes a shot, this time at the newcomer ((Full round worth of actions))

"Nasim, was it? Can you take a look at what's going on?

To Hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Confirmation (if neccesary) [roll2]
Crit Damage (if possible) [roll3]

This shot assumes that the Kobold moved at his full speed towards the party (or at least in my direction for 30 ft (or even more)), because then (if I calculate correctly) he's within 16 squares aka 80 feet aka one range increment.

Now all I need to do is to switch my Damage with my crit damage

PocketRocket
2008-01-21, 04:34 PM
Strong Arm
HP 9/11
AC 13

Having nearly been hit by a spear, Strong Arm swings as hard as he can at the kobold who just tried to impale him.

Attack 1:[roll0]
Attack 2:[roll1]

Damage 1: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

JeminiZero
2008-01-21, 05:57 PM
Jaegar

Grimacing as the spear jabs him, Jaegar takes another swing.


Status
HP: 7/10
38 Arrows remaining

Standard Action: Attack Kobold 6.

Shortsword Attack Roll:
Shortsword Damage Roll: [roll1]

Edit: Dang, I hope thats good enough to hit something. Wrong damage roll, it should be: [roll]1d6+1

NoDot
2008-01-21, 08:56 PM
Ning

If it's in range, Ning attempts to charge the new kobold. If not, he double moves towards it.

[roll0]
[roll1]

"The only use I've ever seen for Arrow of Light is as the foundation spell in a Lego Spell." ((Yes, I just made that up.))

BizzaroStormy
2008-01-21, 09:09 PM
Garrus Fires another blast at Kobold 11

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Zimmia
2008-01-21, 09:16 PM
Amatae

"Less belittling, more killing please," Amatae calls as she turns to kobold 1.

Attack kobold 1 [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Crit conf (if necessary) [roll2]

memnarch
2008-01-21, 09:21 PM
Memnarch


Ooc: Don't see a map so.....

if kobold 11 is more than 2 squares away from the wall, move to I 18 and stab kobold 5 with rapier [roll0] [roll1]

else move to M 19 and defend self (+4 AC for the roundtotal now 21 (10+3dex+4m.a.+4def(temp))

Roland Deschain
2008-01-21, 09:25 PM
Olaf takes another 5 foot step back and then hits his kobold with a ray of frost

ranged touch attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

bchilders
2008-01-21, 10:59 PM
Talon

Talon draws and thows another javelin, this time at whichever kobold is closest to him.

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

FlyMolo
2008-01-22, 05:57 PM
Initative counts:
Garrus(27)->Amatae(23)->Erro(23)->Olaf(19)->Memnarch(16)->Ning(15)->Talon(14)->Jaegar(12)->Strong Arm(11) ->Kobolds (8)->Nasim(4)

stabilization rolls! [roll0][roll1][roll2]

Garrus blasts at the newest kobold again, but misses.

Amatae swipes at kobold 1, but narrowly misses.

Erro reloads and fires at the newest kobold, scoring a glancing blow.

Olaf blasts kobold 7, knocking him reeling.

Memnarch crosses to kobold 5 and finishes him off.

Ning charges the newcomer, landing a lucky blow that knocks him down, but he sees another kobold immediately around the corner from his new vantage point.

Talon, seeing then new kobold around the corner, flings a javelin at him, scoring a hit.

Jaegar swipes at the sixth kobold, hitting him for [roll3]

Strong Arm swings at the kobold, still reeling from Olaf's ray of frost, and smushes him into paste.

The newer newest kobold charges Ning right back, [roll4]AC 14 for [roll5]

kobold 1 presses his attack against nasim, [roll6][roll7], and dodges the resulting blast of energy.

map!http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh32/Flymolo1/WWYkoboldRoom-6.png

Zimmia
2008-01-22, 06:12 PM
Amatae

Amatae takes a step and moves to attack the next kobold, not aware that others are around the corner.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
(that's not a crit)
Edit: yah that's kobold 2, sorry

NoDot
2008-01-22, 06:40 PM
Ning

Ning notices the newcomer and charges him too, if the one in front of him isn't dead yet.

[roll0] +2 if Ning charges
[roll1]

((I need to read better. Forget charging.))

JeminiZero
2008-01-22, 06:45 PM
Jaegar

Jaegar shifts his footing a little to give Olaf a clear shot, before taking another swing at the the Kobold before him.


Status
HP: 7/10
38 Arrows remaining

5 foot step to E9
Full Round Action: Attack Kobold 6, unless it was killed by someone else before my turn, in which case:

Move Action: Pick up and sheathe Longbow I dropped.
Standard Action: Charge Kobold 1, unless he's also dead, in which case I'll pick up the longbow and move towards Kobold 12.

Shortsword Attack Roll: [roll0] +2 if charging
Shortsword Damage Roll: [roll1]

memnarch
2008-01-22, 06:50 PM
moves to O 18 and defends self again

+4 AC for the round. total now 21 10+3dex+4m.a.+4def(temp)

Meloku
2008-01-22, 07:15 PM
Erro

"Pointed sticks..."

Erro starts humming to himself, as he once more reloads his crossbow and takes a shot, this time at a nearer target ((Reload and Shoot at Kobold 1 (He's still up, isn't he? if not I'll take a shot at number 12, taking a -4 penalty for shooting into melee (I think))))

"Flying through the air..."


Hit [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Confirm [roll2]
Damage+ [roll3]

IF it hits, that's a Crit for 7 damage (Yay 19-20 range).

BizzaroStormy
2008-01-22, 09:16 PM
"Ugh,looks like I still haven't recovered from that last ale."

Garrus flies 20' closer to Kobold 11 and summons a swarm in squares R9,R10,S9,S10 and will pull it away if it moves to attack Amatae.

Edit: Bats

memnarch
2008-01-22, 11:36 PM
Memnarch

Remarks "Interesting idea, summoning a swarm right on top of kobolds 11 and 12."

MammonAzrael
2008-01-23, 01:30 AM
Nasim
HP - 6/8
AC - 15
Int - 4

"Looks like I can't even hit a lizard in a barrel today! What luck." Nasim grimaces at his repeated misses, and fires off another blast.


If Kobold #1 is still up at Nasim's Int, he takes a 5' step away and fires an Eldritch Blast at #1. Otherwise Nasim will shoot the nearest kobold (moving if necessary).

[roll0]
[roll1]

Roland Deschain
2008-01-23, 02:25 AM
Olaf looks around and notices the newcomer kobold swiping a chunk out of ning. are you sure you don't need some spell caster help right now? Cause from how rude you are you have to PAY to get it. he says, not lifting a finger to help ning in his struggle


OOC: Olaf just stands there this round
ready an action:if a kobold moves to within 15 feet, cast acid splash

memnarch
2008-01-23, 08:56 AM
Memnarch

"Seems a little harsh, but I can't force you to do anything..."

Roland Deschain
2008-01-23, 12:00 PM
Olaf then looks over and notices Jaeger fighting and says Oops, sorry bout that buddy, one melted kobold coming right up and fires away at the kobold.

acid splash attack [roll0]
damage roll [roll1]
I have precise shot so I don't take the penalty for shooting into melee! its so useful

bchilders
2008-01-23, 07:55 PM
Talon

"Anyone need any healing?" Talon says as he pulls out another javelin and throws it at the nearest goblin.

Throw the fourth of my five javelins...if none are still up then I will search around for the first three javelins I threw
Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

PocketRocket
2008-01-23, 10:47 PM
Strong Arm

Strong Arm turns, searching for the nearest kobold. After finding them (1 or 2, I assume) he swings his giant fists towards them.

If attack #1: five foot step and attack twice
Attack 1: [roll0]
Attack 2:[roll1]

Damage 1:[roll2]
Damage 2:[roll3]

If attacking 2: move then 1 attack
Attack 1:[roll4]
Damage 1:[roll5]

FlyMolo
2008-01-24, 03:09 PM
Initative counts:
Garrus(27)->Amatae(23)->Erro(23)->Olaf(19)->Memnarch(16)->Ning(15)->Talon(14)->Jaegar(12)->Strong Arm(11) ->Kobolds (8)->Nasim(4)

Garrus summons a bat swarm right above kobold 11 and 12, which deals [roll0] to 11 and 12, plus wounding.

Amatae slashes at the dying kobold, scratching him.

Erro shoots at kobold 1, hitting him squarely in the side. the kobold staggers sideways a few steps.

Olaf blasts kobold 6 with a ball of acid, dropping him to the ground.

Memnarch advances forward.

Ning slashes at the newcomer, dropping him like a rock.

Talon looks around and realizes that all of the kobolds are dead or dying, and so flings a javelin at the leader of the kobolds, killing him. The fist sized black object on his forehead begins to pulse, and the doorway melts into nothingness. Beyond, there's a large room, with a red and black floor.

Jaegar, for lack of anything better to do, finishes off kobold 6.

Strong Arm finishes off kobolds 1 and 2.

The kobolds all lie there and bleed gently, except for the dead ones.

Nasim just stands there, a little unsure what to do.

Suddenly, the black object sitting on the leader's head leaps up into the air. Despite the fact that it's utterly featureless and perfectly round, it still looks like its spinning. It begins to pulse gently, and then everything goes black for an instant. When light and noise return, you are standing in a large square room. The floor is tiled red and black from wall to wall except for the squares you are standing on., and behind you is the small aperture that used to be filled with blackness. It's transparent now, and you can see the room you just left. It's unchanged, except you aren't there anymore. All your possessions have traveled with you, including spent ammunition. There's another non-tiled area at the far end of the room, It's got a small pedestal on it.

Pre-teleporthttp://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh32/Flymolo1/WWYkoboldRoom-7.png
Post-teleporthttp://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh32/Flymolo1/WWYteleportRoom.png

Meloku
2008-01-24, 04:51 PM
Erro

"Careful, gentlemen."

Erro, finding another handy-dandy use for his handy-dandy walking attack stick, pokes the square in front of him, as to check if it's obviously dangerous.

Zimmia
2008-01-24, 05:04 PM
Amatae

"Well I'm certainly not going to be charging over there all on my own," Amatae says with a good-natured laugh. She presses her hand to the wound in her side which is still bleeding. "Would someone be willing to help me out, or should I dig for a potion?"

Just to be really clear, she's not offended by the 'gentlemen,' but she'll play with it since it's out there :smallsmile:

MammonAzrael
2008-01-24, 05:40 PM
Nasim

"Well, this doesn't look at all suspicious." he watches Eros poke at the floor with his stick, before turning to Garrus. "How much weight can you carry in flight? We may be able to avoid whatever this game is altogether."


Knowledge check in OoC thread

memnarch
2008-01-24, 06:00 PM
Memnarch

Says "Maybe we should check to see if we notice anything else about the room. Hey Erro, you're knowledgeable, do you know anything about rooms like this?"

[roll0] (arcana)

Roland Deschain
2008-01-24, 06:06 PM
Olaf stands there contemplating the puzzling room he has somehow teleported into.
roll knowledge arcana
[roll0]

NoDot
2008-01-24, 07:07 PM
Ning

Ning spends a few moments to fill his head back up. ((Full Round Action to end Rage and restore Fast Healing.))

With a look at the floor, Ning bursts out laughing. "No. If the floor looks like a chessboard, don't walk on it." I never thought I'd see the day that that was so literal.

Zimmia
2008-01-24, 07:54 PM
Amatae

Hearing laughter burst out behind her with no particular reason, Amatae shifts a little bit closer to Erro.

JeminiZero
2008-01-24, 07:56 PM
Jaegar

Jaegar clutches his wounds and examines his new surroundings. * cough * hack * "A little healing magic here would help too."

Knowledge Arcana: [roll0]
Knowledge Religion: [roll1]
Knowledge Psionics: [roll2]
Knowledge Dungeoneering: [roll3]

Search-Take 10: +7 = 17
Spot-Take 10: +5 = 15
Listen-Take 10: +1 = 11


Status
HP: 7/10

OOC: A couple of cure minor wounds would help. I'm not nearly injured enough to qualify for cure light wounds.

BizzaroStormy
2008-01-24, 09:02 PM
Garrus

"I don't see myself using these anytime soon, just make sure they dont go to waste." Garrus says as he hand Amatae 2 Tiles of CLW. Now lets get moving.
Flies over to the space directly in front of the pedestal and examines it.

memnarch
2008-01-24, 09:09 PM
decides to make ssl checks

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Meloku
2008-01-24, 09:50 PM
Erro

With the babbling and gesturing that should be at least slightly expected of him by now, Erro focuses ((Casting Detect Magic looking in front of me - 60 foot cone)), and concentrates ((1 minute remains))

If I can use spellcraft to try to understand the mechanics of how we got here, I'd like to try - the DC is 20 + spell level to identify a spell that's "already in place and in effect", so

[roll0]

If it was transmutation or illusion, add 2 to that, if necromancy, enchantment or evocation, subtract 5 (bleh - then again, that's unlikely, because we're moving).

If I detect magic, assume that I concentrate for 2 additional rounds (so 7 rounds will remain) and attempt to identify the schools - and I note their location

Sorry for all of the contingencies, but it's better than filling up actual post space (yay for spoiler blocks!)

FlyMolo
2008-01-24, 10:27 PM
I'm not sure if everyone's posted, but here's some preliminary results.

As Garrus takes off from the little untiled platform he's standing upon, he almost immediately crashes into an invisible force, and falls down on his butt. Behind you, there's another flash of really bright light, and another kobold comes around the corner. Seeing the devastation, he gives a scream of rage and begins running toward you. He might take some time to get there, though.

The tiles give absolutely no response on being poked, but have small runes inscribed around the edges upon closer examination.

Under magical scrutiny, every tile you can sense gives off an aura of conjuration, moderately powerful.

The tiles are soldily laid down, and made of reddish clay, painted red or black. No other information can be gleaned to their function or purpose.

Zimmia
2008-01-24, 10:35 PM
Amatae

Grimicing as Garrus comes down after his abortive attempt. "I guess we're not just flying our way out of this," Amatae mummers aloud as she breaks open one of the tiles to heal her wounds and then stashes the other in her pack, wrapped in a bit of cloth.

I'm at 6/10. Use CLW [roll0] tile

memnarch
2008-01-24, 11:27 PM
Memnarch

"Maybe we are suppost to jump across like in the game draughts?"

PocketRocket
2008-01-24, 11:48 PM
"Hmmm... maybe big barbarian should just charge across and see what happen."

Strong Arm smiles at Ning, hoping he might actually do it.

BizzaroStormy
2008-01-24, 11:52 PM
Realizing flight will not work, Garrus tucks his wings underneath his cloak and attempts to walk to space V13

NoDot
2008-01-25, 12:03 AM
Ning

"I am a Berserker; what are you looking at me for?"

JeminiZero
2008-01-25, 12:21 AM
Jaegar

Following the Orc Monk's lead, Jaegar also smiles at Ning, "Well, you are the hardest to kill among us all, so reason dictates you have the best chance of surviving if anything does happen."

Gesturing at the Kobold charging from behind, "Nassim, could you break his weapon?"


Status
HP: 7/10

OOC: Ning is the only one with fast healing. And I could still use some cure minor wounds. Also, how big is the Aperture, if its big enough to let the Kobold through, I imagine we could fit through it as well, and grab Kobold corpses to use as Trap bait.

MammonAzrael
2008-01-25, 02:07 AM
Nasim

"Hmm?" Nasim looks up distractedly from the runes on the nearest floor tile. "Oh. Yeah, no problem."


Baleful Utterance on the kobolds weapon once it's within 25'. DC 15 will and fort save.

Meloku
2008-01-25, 08:08 AM
Erro

"This does not bode well."

Thinking about it for a moment, he continues

"But it may be different than our previous encounter - a puzzle of the mind, not the body.

Be prepared for trouble, hmmm?"

and takes a step forwards ((Towards the pedestal)).

FlyMolo
2008-01-25, 05:39 PM
[roll0]DC 15 to keep greatsword
[roll1]DC 15 to avoid being stunned.

The door is wide enough to admit a kobold, but when you try and walk through it, it resists you softly. You're pretty much stuck.

You estimate the kobold will reach you in one round. Two if he goes back for a weapon, three if he's stunned. Edit: You have one round. The kobold grasps his weapon firmly as it bucks and attempts to transform into something terrible, but it remains in its form.

Shouldering his way past Nasim, Garrus steps out onto the tiled floor. Both Garrus and Erro pause, waiting for the...whatever. Nothing happens, to the naked eye.

[memnarch]Assuming you still have detect magic up, which you probably do, you sense a vast and powerful flicker of magic, too fast to pinpoint or identify

Maphttp://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh32/Flymolo1/WWYteleportRoom-1.png

Meloku
2008-01-25, 05:54 PM
Erro

"Well, that was disappointing. But maybe..."

Trailing off, Erro steps to the right, onto an alternately colored tile, to test alternate colors ((Move to W11)).

((I have detect magic up still - 6 rounds, I think))

JeminiZero
2008-01-25, 06:25 PM
Jaegar

The hunter frowned, "Dang, that could have gone better."

"Well Elf Maiden and Gentlemen, it would seem we are caught between a potentially dangerous magical trap and more angry Kobolds. I would recommend the melee types hold the Kobolds off at this aperture, while the arcane types figure out the Chessboard. Once the arcane types have it nailed down, the rest of us can cross quickly and get to the pedestral, which seems to be the objective here. The alternative is that while we are caught with our pants down in the middle of a magical trap, the room will get flooded with angry Kobolds trying to kill us. I say 'tis better to hold them at this choke point until we know how we can quickly get out."


Status
HP: 7/10

OOC: Time for some Tactics! The Kobold will enter on square Y13, possibly on a charge. Ning should go to X13 to soak damage (since he IS the only one with fast healing). Strong Arm and Amatae should try and get to Y12 and Y14 so that our 2 heaviest hitters get flanking bonuses. Jaegar and Talon should occupy X14 and X12, so Talon can heal Ning in an emergency.

PocketRocket
2008-01-25, 06:57 PM
Strong Arm pushes his way to Y12, waiting for any kobolds to come his way. "Hey barbarian, you stand in doorway. Take most damage. It be good plan."

Hmmm... I think this kobold is charging. He should be able to hit Ning. I assume he can take it though. Hmmm...

NoDot
2008-01-25, 07:37 PM
Ning

((Did any of you notice that Ning is 15 years old?))

memnarch
2008-01-25, 07:37 PM
Memnarch

Says "If this is a draughts board then we should probably try to stay on the black squares because it is illegal to move on the red ones"

Making sure to stay on black, he moves to V 9 and defends self (+4 temp AC yadda yadda...)


movement is "X10, X9, W8, V9" total movement equals ~25ft

Zimmia
2008-01-25, 07:42 PM
Amatae

"That sounds like a good plan to me," Amatae says although it's a little ambiguous to whom she's actually speaking, and tentatively moves into one of the black squares.

Full defensive action, moves into W12

BizzaroStormy
2008-01-25, 08:49 PM
Garrus kneels down and aims a blast at the kobold's head.

Ready action eldritch blast when the kobold comes into range.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

MammonAzrael
2008-01-26, 01:35 AM
Nasim

"Gah, pain in the ass..." Nasim attempts to destroy the weapon again, and then moves to the side of the portal.


I use Baleful Utterance on the great sword (DC 15 Will/Fort) and then move to Y-12 (it isn't combat, so I can easily share the space)

((NoDot, not only is 15 a perfectly acceptable adventuring age, seeing as how D&D is a medieval setting, but we just got eaten by a giant planar stomach. I don't think anyone really cares how old you are or appear to be. You work a a meatshield, and that's all we care about right now.))

bchilders
2008-01-26, 04:04 PM
Talon

Talon will moves to heal Jaegar and then sets up as part of the reception party for the incoming kobolds, though he keeps and eye on those moving out to the squares incase they might need help.

Sorry it has been so long. Cast 2 cure minors on Jaegar and alternating focus between both groups.
Spells Cast: 2-0 lvl and 1-1st lvl

OOC: Ning how are you going to complain about being too young when your character also claims to have had an encounter with Asmodeus...you can't have it both ways:smallwink:

memnarch
2008-01-27, 11:57 PM
Making sure to stay on black, he moves to R 11 and defends self (+4 temp AC)

movement U10, T11, S10, R11

What I will do unless something bizarr happening to the floor.

FlyMolo
2008-01-28, 06:54 PM
Initative counts:
Garrus(27)->Amatae(23)->Erro(23)->Olaf(19)->Memnarch(16)->Ning(15)->Talon(14)->Jaegar(12)->Strong Arm(11) ->Nasim(4)->Kobold(0)

Garrus, kneeling on the chessboard, snipes at the kobold as he bursts through the door, tagging him.

Amatae cautiously steps onto the tiles, ready for anything.

Erro steps cautiously to one side.

Olaf just stands there, and ponders this new development.

Memnarch steps carefully across the tiles.

Ning joins Olaf in quiet contemplation.

Talon heals Jaegar ("Talos: Cure minor wounds!" *FOOM*) , then moves to X12, displacing Strong Arm, who displaces Ning.

Jaegar's wounds knit together, and he readies his weapon.

Strong Arm stands in his allotted place, ready to lay down the smack.

Nasim tries to shatter the kobold's weapon one last time, but finds his access to the portal obstructed by the massed ranks of his compatriots.
[roll0]DC15
[roll1]DC15

FlyMolo
2008-01-28, 07:12 PM
The kobold rushes in to try and slash you all up, but his greatsword comes to pieces in his hands. Angrily, he tries to bullrush Nasim, (provoking no AoOs), but bounces off, leaving him in a circle of hostile people. Another kobold comes around the corner, but this one wields a spiked chain. He bounds towards you.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Memnarch, Amatae, and Garrus all blink out of existence, only to blink right back in again. Memnarch flickers a few squares to the northeast, Amatae travels even farther in the same direction, and Garrus ends up in a totally different direction still. Erro remains in the same place.

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh32/Flymolo1/WWYteleportRoom-2.png

((Secret Dm Rolls! Don't look))(Even if you did, they'd be mostly meaningless.)
4d8
4d6
[roll2]
[roll3]

Roland Deschain
2008-01-28, 07:17 PM
Olaf takes a double move action to M10

JeminiZero
2008-01-28, 07:48 PM
Jaegar

Jaegar glimpses at the situation behind, "The Black squares seem to have teleport triggers, try staying to the Red squares." He takes a swing at the Kobold before him.


Status
HP: 9/10

Attack roll: [roll0]
Shortsword damage roll: [roll1]

Zimmia
2008-01-28, 07:54 PM
Amatae looks around in bewilderment, noting that Erro is now on a red square. "Maybe it's not droughts after all," She hops up and down for a second on her new square and if it seems stable she springs lightly on her feet and lands two black squares away (in P16)

it's probably not necessary, but here's a jump check just in case [roll0]
If that goes *really* badly, here's the tumble check to get out of it [roll1]

memnarch
2008-01-28, 08:02 PM
Memnarch

Ponders aloud "Maybe the black squares blink people/things around and the red ones are normal..."

Moves to P 11 and defends self (+4 AC) by zigzagging up on the black squares. (or trys to)

BizzaroStormy
2008-01-28, 08:11 PM
Garrus ignores the kobold for now and moves into C7 (2 move actions)

MammonAzrael
2008-01-29, 01:35 AM
Nasim
HP - 6/8
AC - 15
Int - 4 ((can't wait for my new Int roll :smalltongue: ))

Nasim backs away from the kobold that just got knocked off it's feet, onto the checkerboard. He then blasts apart the chain wielded by the newest little threat.


Nasim takes a 5' step onto W-13 and uses Baleful Utterance on the kobold's Spiked Chain (DC 15 Fort/Will). If it isn't within range yet, then he uses Eldritch Blast on the kobold that just bull rushed him(and I'll change the above to represent this).

[roll0]
[roll1]

Meloku
2008-01-29, 07:48 AM
Erro

"Hmmm..."

Thinking for a moment

"But I was on a black square moments ago, wasn't I?"

Moving off of his red square into a more forwards black one ((Double move to O12, using diagonals to stay on black squares))

PocketRocket
2008-01-29, 12:39 PM
Strong Arm

Strong Arm laughs at the puny attempts that the small kobold made at bull rushing Nasim. He then kicks the kobold in the face, followed by a massive stomp downwards into his nose.

Attack 1:[roll0]
Attack 2:[roll1]

Damage 1:[roll2]
Damage 2:[roll3]

NoDot
2008-01-29, 10:35 PM
Ning

Ning takes a 5 ft. step into X-15. Hurrying would be best.

bchilders
2008-01-29, 11:27 PM
Talon

Talon draws his spear and waits to see how this first kobold fares before hopping into melee. He also turns around and notices to random placement of his other companions and says, "Did I miss something?"

memnarch
2008-01-29, 11:29 PM
Memnarch

"Besides all of us on the black squares randomly blinking around, no"

FlyMolo
2008-01-31, 07:10 PM
nitative counts:
Garrus(27)->Amatae(23)->Erro(23)->Olaf(19)->Memnarch(16)->Ning(15)->Talon(14)->Jaegar(12)->Strong Arm(11) ->Nasim(4)->Kobold(0)

Garrus hustles across the room, heading for the pedestal. Amatae hops across a couple of squares. Erro also moves forwards, skipping back and forth and avoiding the black squares. Olaf follows the rest towards the pedestal. Memnarch marches forwards, then drops into a defensive posture. Ning takes a big step backwards, and Talon threatens the kobold. Jaegar slashes at the kobold, and hits. Strong Arm punches at the kobold, but his strikes barely graze the life warrior. Nasim takes a step back and smashes the kobold in front of him with a blast of energy.

The kobold, shaken by the wounds he's received, hisses at you. Then he grabs a spare sword from his belt, one that is much less ornate than the original, and attacks Jaegar. [roll0][roll1]


Nasim, Amatae, and Garrus vanish. Their locations in a bit.

FlyMolo
2008-01-31, 07:40 PM
Garrus, Amatae, and Nasim all reappear, in different places. The runes on each tile flicker, and then go dark. Slowly, they start to brighten again, getting ready to discharge again.

Edit: Map! Doh!

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh32/Flymolo1/WWYteleportRoom-3.png

Meloku
2008-01-31, 08:13 PM
Erro

"And back again!"

Switching colors once more, Erro pushes once again towards the pedestal ((Double move to C12 - woo, looks like a safe square))

Footnote: I'm going straight ahead, caution be damned

Zimmia
2008-01-31, 08:25 PM
Amatae

"Well this isn't getting us much of anywhere" the elf says to herself as she looks around. Throwing caution to the wind, she makes a dash for the podium.

Double move to E-13 (ish) and then jumping across the rest of the space, onto the platform.
Jump: [roll0]
and Tumble, just in case: [roll1]

MammonAzrael
2008-01-31, 08:31 PM
Nasim
HP - 6/8
AC - 15
Int - 4

Standing nearly 30' to the right, Nasim looks around, slightly puzzled. "What the hell...?" Shaking his head he takes a step towards the group ready to launch a blast at the first thing that jumps out.



Nasim takes a 5' step to W-9 with a readied action the Eldritch Blast a kobold or any other enemy that appears in range.

[roll0] (+1 if within 30')
[roll1] (+1 if within 30')

JeminiZero
2008-01-31, 08:41 PM
Jaegar

The hunter notes how nearly all the melee fighters had broken rank and were in disarray, and sighed, "teamwork."

He takes another swing at the Kobold before him.


Status
HP: 9/10

Attack roll: [roll0]
Shortsword damage roll: [roll1]

BizzaroStormy
2008-01-31, 08:54 PM
Damnit, this is getting old! Garrus moves hastily to the pedestal making sure not to step on any black tiles.

PocketRocket
2008-01-31, 11:03 PM
Strong Arm

Strong Arm grunts at missing his last two attacks. He swings again, hopefully hitting this time.

Attack 1: [roll0]
Attack 2: [roll1]

Damage 1:[roll2]
Damage 2:[roll3]