PDA

View Full Version : Inkscape Error

Yeril
2008-01-14, 12:36 PM
Whenever I load Inkscape recently, Ive been getting this warning message, Im no good with computers so I realy don't know what It means, whats gone wrong, what its doing and how to fix it.

C:\Documents and Settings\Carter\Application Data\Inkscape\preferences.xml not a valid XML file, or
you don't have read permissions on it.
Inkscape will run with default settings.
New settings will not be saved.

so far the only real error that ive seen is that I can't use the Open Recent bar to open recent files.

Anyone know what ive gotta poke at to make stuff happen?

Thanks in advance.

Nameless
2008-01-14, 01:39 PM
Whenever I load Inkscape recently, Ive been getting this warning message, Im no good with computers so I realy don't know what It means, whats gone wrong, what its doing and how to fix it.

so far the only real error that ive seen is that I can't use the Open Recent bar to open recent files.

Thanks in advance.

I don't use inkscape, but I have once recieved a very similar message. It was because the file type had somehow been changed where I saved the program.
Try going to wherever it is you saved it, and changing the file type/virsion.
If it's not that, then it could of have been moved to an invalied folder which can't hold the program.
Appart from that, I don't really know, sorry.

Eita
2008-01-14, 10:58 PM

Thanks in advance.

It isn't letting you save the temp files on your C drive.

Szilard
2008-01-14, 11:42 PM
I've had that for a couple weeks now, it doesn't really matter, you just have to go through all your files to look for a picture every time you open it.

Yeril
2008-01-15, 03:23 AM
Thanks then, I guess Ill have to organise all my files out then instead of relying on Open Recent to find them all :smallbiggrin: .

Thanks for helping everyone. :smallsmile:

Nameless
2008-01-15, 04:06 AM
It isn't letting you save the temp files on your C drive.

Are you sure?
When I got something similar, it was because it got moved to an invalied folder or something, though it wasn't with inkscape.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-01-15, 05:15 AM
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Being an Aspy means always have neatly organised folders :smallbiggrin:

Though you'd probably need a map and compass to navigate through half of them...

Szilard
2008-01-15, 09:47 AM
Thanks then, I guess Ill have to organise all my files out then instead of relying on Open Recent to find them all :smallbiggrin: .

Thanks for helping everyone. :smallsmile:

I eventually had to make an inkscape folder in my pictures folder and then seperate them by ABR, Avatars, and Webcomics.

Eita
2008-01-15, 11:06 PM
I already have a separate ABR folder. :smalltongue:

Shades of Gray
2008-01-16, 05:28 PM
I'm really organized. I have a FFF, SDSB, and Plot 3 folder.
I have sub folders in those labeled: Comics, Templates, Banners.
As well as regular avvy folder.