PDA

View Full Version : The Union of The Serpent, The Second Generation.

Pages : [1] 2

The Necroswanso
2008-01-16, 03:24 PM
It was mid-day, the sun was at it's highest point in the sky, not a cloud in sight. You'd hardly think there was a war going on, especially one that decided wether or not you'd be here tomarrow.
The six of you had never really met before, but as you stood at the gates blocking the large stairs that lead up to the palace, you had a gut feeling you were all here for the same reason.
The large castle was a light blue, as though it had been made of mithril, and shimmered in the sunlight above it, with a golden gate gaurding it.
The guards opened the gate, and one to your left spoke up.
"You may now enter the palace of his royal highness."

A little reluctantly you made your way up the long stairs, until you came to two large wooden doors, which slowly creeked open. A mand dressed in purple robes greeted you.
"Greetings, I am chamberlain Joeseph the third. I will be guiding you to his majesty."
Quietly, the old man guided you down the halls, he seemed to float over the ground, and it gave an eerie feeling when combined with his unaturaly pale skin.
As you turned a few corners you could hear grunts, and battle cries, and the sounds of something hitting the floor. The sounds continued to grow louder until you came to a second set of large wooden doors, decorated with a golden snake, coiling upon itself.
The chamberlain drew a sigil from his robes and held it up to the door, and it slowly creaked open. As they opened you were greeted to the sun, spilling into the room from a large window high above the throne.

A man, with long black hair, and clad in woodsman breeches and a chainmail shirt, was cutting down dummies that had been magically enchanted to scream as he did.
You couldn't tell at first why he was doing so, but you came to realise that after each cut he would say something like, "Good, exemplary, needs sharpening," and he would hand the sword to a guard. He was moving so fluidly that you hardly noticed he was handing them off at all.
You couldn't really understand why he was doing it, but Math recognised a tall, broad shouldered eldery male in the corner watching the king itently, for it was his father. The activities continued for a moment with noone really paying attention to the group that just entered, until the chamberlain spoke up.
"Ahem, my lord, a group of travellers have answered your letters."
At this the king froze, and turned to you, so did the weaponsmith, but he failed to recognise his son through the large beard.
Erdrik was tall, strong, and built as though he spent much time running through the woods. His face was soft, but scarred.

He waved his hand and the guards holding the swords left the room.
"Those will do. You have made good work today."
He surveyed the group for a bit, stopping on Gloria, his brow furrowed, as though he recognised her, but was trying to figure out from where. His eyes widened shortly, and he shook his head slightly.

"Thank you all for comming today. I have sent out twenty-five letters, and six of you have answered. I must say this is a much larger number than I had expected.

I don't need to tell you we're at war, and what I have called you here for will definitely change the outcome.
I'll cut to the chase. There is a sword, a very large sword, that can cut through even the lords of hell themselves, simply through it's own weight.
This sword is carried currently by a Paladin in the south, the only problem is we don't know who he is. You may be wodnering why this sword will help us so much, well, it's because it's also an artifact. A sword that was passed down in it's owner's family for centuries. And it is the key to closing the rifts that are allowing demons and the like into our world.
The problem is, is that I don't know who has it. But one person does.
Now, I know this seems a little far fetched, and that you'd probably feel safer fighting on the frontline, as the opposition will defiinitely be hunting this sword as well.
But before I go on, I must know, will you undertake this quest?"

TheMeanDM
2008-01-16, 03:37 PM
"Your highness" said the 'man' with the floating head and glowing skin. "I am Ozzariem. If I may ask, how is it that you cannot locate the man who wields this weapon? Are we to assume that your holy men and magicians failed to locate him with their spells?" he asks the king.

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-16, 03:49 PM
Alamandias

Alamandias sighed. Noon. It always had to be noon, didn't it? He was wrapped from head to toe in dark clothing. A heavy cloak of scaled black hide concealed his entire body from neck to ankles, thick leather boots came up to just below his knees. He wore thin gloves of black velvet, and underneath a fine doublet and hose of black silk. He was, after all, going to meet a king. Across his back were strapped a pair of swords, their names engraved in their handles. One was gorgeously bedecked with a myriad of gems, dubbed "Rhyme." The other was of plainer cast, the only adornment being a single onyx gem set in the pommel, and was called "Reason." He ascended the steps into the palace, moving with liquid, quicksilver grace as he followed the old man. Out of the corner of his eyes, he appraised the others who had answered the call. Some fellow with a floating head and no neck, who glowed like he had a couple a candles stuffed up in him... and what looked like a half-angel. And an Aasimar Greeeat. He was going to be real popular here. Not that popularity was much a concern, but it would be nice if they weren't trying to stake him when his back was turned. He shrugged, and walked on.

He watched as the young man fought, chopping down the screaming dummies, testing out the weapons. At last, when the king addressed them, Alamandias nodded stoically. He took off his hat, running his fingers through his long, richly black hair that hung to shoulder length. In here, out of the sun he could at least take it off without getting a little too crispy for comfort. When he spoke, his voice was low, rich, and confident, a deep, pleasant baritone.

Like the floating head says, I assume the target is warded against scrying or something similar? I'm in for the job, but We'll need specifics. Known associates, personal resources, anything that might be helpful. Also, since he's a paladin I doubt this will be of any use, but you never know: Known vices or odd personal habits. I find it's much easier to rob somebody if you can catch 'em drunk, asleep, or with their trousers down. He sniggers a little at this, clearly enjoying the idea of a paladin's hypocrisy.Also, do you want us to just nick the mark's blade, or kill him? For that matter, do you want him left alive? or brought in with the sword? Those are always trickier...

The Great Skenardo
2008-01-16, 04:26 PM
Gloria Blackblade (http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=7096)
Gloria looks positively at home in the intense sunlight here. If anything, she seems to enhance the light; catching it in her long hair, shining like beaten gold but tied behind her head for practicality. Where her hair ends, a shine like burnished silver covers her skin tightly, flowing seamlessly across the outline of a coat of some kind over gloved hands, down slender legs and over the shape of traveling boots in one continuous shine. The metal, whatever it is, stops at a small gorget about her neck. She carries no obvious weaponry, and indeed, except for a small backpack, seems to be traveling light.
So this is the palace...clearly our ruler is every bit as ascetic as advertised.
She smiles to herself, however, when she sees him slashing away at the screaming dummies.
Yes...oh so very manly. But still kind of cute.
She entertains a few moments of private reverie before she realizes that introductions are being made. Gloria puts on her most saccharine smile, faltering only a little under Edrik's scrutiny.
He can't know me from anywhere...no.

Aloud she says, using her most heroic voice,
"I am Gloria Blackblade, of Scopshirk."

She was pretty good at this act; she'd done it a lot these past few years. Was she good enough to fool a king? Probably; get the right look and the rest just falls into place with most people.
Gloria listens with interest to Edrik's proposal. Certainly she'd be stuck working with these people: the glowing statue-man without a neck, the man who looked even more divine than Gloria herself, and the oily guy who looked a little like she'd pictured adventurers looking, a while ago; All black and concealed and leather and steel and swords.
I wonder if he ever called himself Nightstrike?

TheMeanDM
2008-01-16, 04:44 PM
Ozzariem

The glowing man's head...swivels...more than turns, examining the gathered warriors.

Once a person's eyes adjusted to the glow, they could look past to see that his skin was a feint light blue, which bordered upon white. His eyes had no discernible pupils, being entirely white.

Upon his chest he wears a gleaming metal breastplate trimmed in shining gold. Most would immediately recognize the silvery metal as mithral. At his waist is strapped longer-than-normal blade. It's curve identifies it as a scimitar, though its size and thickness indicate a greater combat potential.

Across his back is strapped a very large shield, extending from shoulders to knees. It is made from the same silvery metal as his breastplate. Emblazoned upon the shield is some kind of symbol. Four circles of bright colors: two different shades of Yellow and Orange.

Attached to the breastplate, where the neckline would be on a normal person, is a circular amulet with the same kind of symbol.

Silvery, gauntlets with faint golden runes adorn the "man's" hands, and he wears a matching pair of silvery greaves upon his legs.

"My dark companion speaks wisely. The more information we know about the person you seek and the item he carries the better plans we may lay and better prepared we can be."

Cogito
2008-01-16, 05:03 PM
Math (http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=7011)

Being almost completely covered by a coarse brown travelling cloak, Math is probably the most ordinary-looking person of those gathered. His tangled hair and full beard - sprinkled richly with gray - give the impression of a tired and aged man.

He doesn't seem to pay any attention to the king and his eyes are focused on the weaponsmith. It is only when the large dog beside him begins to growl lowly that Math's attention is drawn to someone else.
"It's okay, I know."
His voice is soothing, but the subtle tone of grief is clearly audible in every word. When the dog stops growling Math's gaze shifts back from the black-clad man to the person who just can't be his father.

The Necroswanso
2008-01-16, 07:29 PM
Erdrik sighed.
"I wish I knew more about him, really I don't. If I had mages and preists to spare, I wouldn't need to call out for help. It's all we can do right now to beat the numebrs back. So no, I have had no time to study this sword or it's bearer. He's protected, by magic far more powerful and ancient than I've ever seen, but for some reason he's not fighting in the war, and his magic blocks our scrying. Beleive me I've tried.

But there is one who knows about him. a lych even-"
Here the weaponsmith interrupted.

"A LYCH! You told me Geowin would be safe! YOU PROMISED ME!"
The old smith flared as though he was ready to show the king what's what, before Erdrik raised a hand attempting to calm him.
"Your daughter is fine. I wouldn't put anyone in that kind of danger.
Now, where was I? Oh yes, the lych." the smith snarled. "His name, is Necrom. I thought he had died in the last war, but apparently before dying he had created a phylactory, and rose again. I received letters from him for some time, and recently he told me that he knew of a way to help end the war, but he couldn't leave his mountain yet because his phylactory was damaged. So I asked Geowin to go help him fix it. As long as she kept the sigil I gave her no harm has befallen her while trying to locate his keep. And I know Necrom wouldn't harm her.
You will need to locate Necrom, from there he'd be able to give you more information."

The Unborne
2008-01-16, 08:54 PM
Faldor (http://rpgprofiler.ghoulgamers.com/view.php?id=801)

Behind the party of attendees steps a figure garbed in noble attire with a surcoat fluttering as he walked. Before reaching the presence of the king, footsteps were the only thing heard throughout. Those, however, were drowned out by the cries of the king’s practice dummies. Ah, what a quaint castle we have, Your Majesty. Faldor’s eyes scan the entire vicinity taking note of each tiny symbol and décor that aligned the throne-room, and then they fell upon his new companions. Each one had their own separate description; some were out right strange in appearance, while others were covered entirely out of sight.

A king needs to take back an ancient weapon of unknown whereabouts to end a war that rocks the earth we stand upon, and he calls in six people to retrieve it. On top of it all we need to get information out of a walking piece of decayed meat and bone. I would personally ask an army for such a task, but since he has that much faith in us…We must be either the last people he could think to ask or we are the elite. That thought sparked a little interest in his mind. Now he wanted to know what made this small group of people so great that a nation would call upon them. Faldor’s hands quickly reached towards his breeches to fix an out of place wrinkle on his surcoat. It had been at least a couple of months since he wore this disguise, but he felt it suited the part of meeting a real king.

There were no insignias or a sign of affiliation throughout his cotton-woven robe, but in place of this was a delicate design. Rays of gold erupting from the surcoat’s center clashed against a backdrop of velvet red. This pattern spread throughout the cloth until the surcoat, itself, was hidden behind two golden bracers fixated at his forearms. The disguised elf wore nothing too expensive or lavish to gain the attention of wandering eyes. His false hair was long and golden like his surcoat and slightly brushed against the base of his neck and hid his dulled ears.

Once close enough to the king and after listening to the others, he drops to one knee. “My liege I can assure you, that whatever object you ask of is as good as found, any person you wish to see will be on his way. My weapon, and in extension, my body is yours to command,” his voice is proud and is projected out over all the others. A perfect noble greeting indeed. Faldor bowed his head even lower to hide the devious smirk on his face.

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-16, 09:11 PM
Alamandias

Alamandias gave a slight smirk at the king's words. Of course this wouldn't be easy, if it were, he could leave it to some fresh-faced whelps instead of calling in a professional -or, it seemed, a group of them.- His face was rather handsome, and his ivory teeth -perhaps a bit too pointed for comfort- gleamed in the light. He nodded and shrugged at the mention of the Lych. He tried to avoid them - as with most other undead, they were usually dull company- but he could deal with it. He rolled his eyes a little as the elf knelt before the king. Another arrogant popinjay licking the boots of someone he perceived as powerful, aiming for a taste of that power. Or, perhaps, he was just a cunning fellow trying to put on that appearance... hard to tell. He'd keep an eye on him. He'd keep an eye on all of them, come it... If the king had sent out the call to these people. It probably meant they might even be as good as him. Best to watch his back in such company.

Very well, your highness. Where should we start looking for the old bag of bones?

The Great Skenardo
2008-01-16, 09:13 PM
Gloria Blackblade (http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=7096)
The tall silver-clad woman takes a step backwards as the newcomer performs his obsequy, but she keeps her composure.
Hmm.
In her head, however comes an all-too-familiar mock
Jackanapes, Panjandrum, dressed so fine
Stewed in money and drowned in wine
Irritated at the interruption, Gloria's reply is a bit sharper than she meant it to be,
"And Necrom is to be trusted? Who is he?"

The Necroswanso
2008-01-17, 02:09 AM
Erdrik looked over the aasimar a moment before speaking up.
"Why would that matter?" he asked in a low, yet obviously prying tone.

JackMage666
2008-01-17, 04:21 AM
Shiiman Telovious

A tall, handsome human looking gentleman of middle age stands quaintly behind the others, listening intently. His mithral armor looks freshly polished, and seems to have not been used in some time. As well, it seems just slightly to large for him, as though he had lost muscle over some time. He wears a heavy, intricate cloak over his back, and one closely observing would see him as a bit of a hunchback. His hair and eyes are metallic in color and shine, and he beams when the king looks him in the eyes. He is, however, more looking to the soldiers who receive each sword, perhaps falling back into old memories of his own service days.

"Oh, I'm sorry..." He says. "I must have dozed off briefly. Do you know where the Paladin trained? I have some connections to several Paladin organizations, who might be able to learn of his identity. I'd rather not go to a Lich, they tend to be... Self-absorbed, and rather evil. I fear I may have to do something you'd dislike, my lord, like slay him where he stands for his crimes against life."

After he says that, he considers the people in the room, and uses Detect Evil as a spell like ability to make sure he isn't speaking to the wrong crowd.

"Oh, and thank you for the opportunity to serve once more, my lord, these years of farming have been... Difficult, to say the least."

Cogito
2008-01-17, 05:45 AM
Math (http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=7011)

Geowin. Math's mouth forms the name several times before he interrupts anybody who might be speaking.
"Why her? How long is she gone? If the lych has done anything... How soon can we leave?"
Although he hasn't raised his voice Math sounds angry, but it isn't clear wether his anger addresses the king, his father, or himself. Only the last bit is clearly spoken to the king.
It is the first time Math is actually looking directly at the king, his right fist clenched. The look of tiredness has vanished from his features, as have the streaks of gray in his hair.

The Great Skenardo
2008-01-17, 08:14 AM
Erdrik looked over the aasimar a moment before speaking up.
"Why would that matter?" he asked in a low, yet obviously prying tone.

Gloria Blackblade
What's his game?
Gloria smiles, radiantly.
"Simple; your majesty has not made it clear if this Necrom is an ally or someone who may refuse to help, or lead us false."
Cool and calm now, her sapphire eyes watch the sovereign.
I'd have him...but only for a while; blow his mind and send him home.
A giggle like a chittering insect echoes throughout Gloria's mind once more.

The Necroswanso
2008-01-17, 03:30 PM
Erdrik gives Gloria a knowing look, hinting to her she might be asking too many questions.
"If you must know, he is my brother. And you," He beams down at Shiiman, "Will not touch him uless he attacks you first. IS that clear soldier?
You may leave as soon as my sons Chameberlain has breifed you. As for me, I have to be getting back to the frontline. I have spared to much time."
As if on cue, a portal opens near the far right wall.

"One more thing.... If you should run into Felicia," He hands whomever is nearest him a wanted poster of the woman, (Let's assume it's Shiiman), "Run. Don't try to take her down on your own... She's too strong... Master said I shouldn't teach her... But she begged me..And I...."
The last three sentences were quiet, as though he were talking to himself.
He snaps out of his thinking.

"Farewell, I can only hope you find the sword."
The king straps six scimitars about his body, one at each thigh, two at the waist, and two over his back, which he draws, and the runs through the portal just in time for it to close behind him.

Chamberlain Joeseph adresses you all.
'Now, which of you will be your party leader?"

Cogito
2008-01-17, 05:37 PM

After the king has left, Math takes one more look at his father but after a few seconds in which Math seems to be simultaneously wanting to move towards him and turn around he turns his attention to the chamberlain.

"A leader? Not me, then," Math says with a wry grin before he again takes a look at each of his companions. "I'm all for him," he points at Alamandias. "He seems to be the most straight-forward and the least subservient."

JackMage666
2008-01-17, 10:05 PM
Shiiman (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=37682)

"...Yes, my lord."

After the king leaves, he looks to the chamberlain.

"I have prior experience in leadership, as I was commander of a small regiment in my military days. Of course, I have no problem taking a backseat to one of the younger people here. Just know that, in the field of combat, it may be wise to allow me to make use of my skills in the area."

The Great Skenardo
2008-01-17, 10:10 PM
Gloria Blackblade
"Ergh," Gloria makes a face. "Not going to do wonders for my reputation to follow someone on the other side of the coffin-lid. Might as well be me; I'm flexible, but I don't send children screaming the other way." She winks at the vampire and his pointed teeth, her blue eyes laughing, but at whose expense?

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-17, 10:26 PM
Alamandias

Alamandias grins, tipping Gloria a wink. He chuckles a little at the comment, then begins to speak.

To address the first comment... I'd bet that I'm older than you, my friend. And as to the second... I'm actually very, very good with people... there's something about me that people find almost... magnetically attractive. Perhaps it's the inner predator. Not to mention... well, looking into my eyes has a way of making the weaker-willed folk ever so tractable

He grins wider, showing his pointed teeth. His eyes gleam, and he laughs a little before continuing.

I've no problem being the leader of the party, or at least, it's face... I work equally well in the shadows or out of them.

He pauses for a moment, then adds almost as an afterthought.

Oh, and I don't sleep in a coffin. Actually, I don't sleep at all, come to mention it.

The Unborne
2008-01-17, 10:43 PM
Faldor (http://rpgprofiler.ghoulgamers.com/view.php?id=801)

Faldor raises an eyebrow as he watches the king leave the throne room with more than enough swords. He must hide a couple arms under those robes of his. His attention returns to the Chamberlain as the man asks for a team leader. The golden-haired noble opens his mouth to speak his own view, but quickly shuts it to listen to everyone else’s opinions. Faldor stares at the man dressed head to toe in heavy clothing; he then spots those razor fangs and realizes what a unique chance this was giving the group.

The elf looks to the direction of Alamandias. “I do not doubt your seductive abilities, friend,” he also offers a small smile, “I do however want to know if your charisma can reach those that are already long since deceased. Maybe this Necrom we are after will listen to you better than…say a paladin or another do-gooder.” Faldor gives a slight glance at Shiiman, “No offenses to you or your Order of course.”

Saying everything he felt needed to be said, the elf retreats out of the discussion and places himself near the plain-looking druid. The elf keeps his eyes locked towards the Chamberlain, awaiting for instructions.

The Necroswanso
2008-01-17, 11:40 PM
The chamberlain gives Gloria and Alamandias a perplexed look.
"Are you two being serious? Really? There's a war going on that could very well end in two seconds, you've been asked to help us by finding a sword that may very well be a myth, your only lead is a lych and you're flirting?
Children.....
I don't care whom it is, just figure it out. Every moment wasted is detremental to the completion of your task."
The chamberlain seemed to be quite at home scolding the group. Not surprising considering he looked aged enough to be your fathers... Maybe not the vampire, but who knew.

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-17, 11:41 PM
Alamandias

Alamandias shrugs noncommittally at the elf, spreading his gloved hands out in front of him.

Hard to tell, really. He might, and he might not. Vampires and liches... well, we're different sorts of folk. Except for the "megalomaniacal, As-god-am-I" types, Liches tend to hold themselves aloof from mortal society, whereas vampires are part of it by our very nature... or at least, we operate within it and around it to greater or lesser degrees. However, we are both undead, so he might react better to me than, as you say, a paladin.

Alamandias smiles. When he speaks, his tone is light, sardonic, and irreverent.

By the way, I suppose we should do introductions. Name's Alamandias. Spy, assassin, mercenary, thief, and gentleman of the world. Also, as you've all been made aware, a creature of the night, though I do like to think I don't run around fulfilling all those delightful tropes which fill the fireside tales regarding my "kind."

To the chamberlain, he just smiles, then winks.

Pretty much, yes. Keep your hair on, my friend. Just make sure you've got a few heavy chests filled to the brim for when we return with your razor-edged, in no way overcompensatory prize.

JackMage666
2008-01-18, 12:15 AM
Shiiman (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=37682)

"Oh, Elf, I apologize for my appearance, as I sometimes do appear myself as something I am not. I am not a Paladin, and was never trained as such. I do not have the strict attitude towards law to survive the training. And while I immensely respect Paladins, they do sometimes have difficulty accepting chance even when it's the best course of action."

He looks over to the vampire.

"While I do not have a personal vendetta against you, Mister Alamandias, you must understand where my natural distrust against your people comes from. Under normal circumstances, I would probably be working with several others to end your eternal life, but these are not normal circumstances. I would appreciate if you kept your thieving ways and bloodlust to a minimum for our journey together, or I will have to work against you. So long as we can observe that, then we should not have any issues with each other."

He looks to the others.

"I am Shiiman Telovious, retired commander in the Kings army, former leader of a group of Paladins, Knights, and other fighters dedicated to the destruction of fiends from the Abyss and the Nine Hells. Of late, I have resorted to farming, so the adventure will be a welcome exception to my normal daily activities. And, so long as we're being honest with each other..."

He pushes aside his cloak, revealing a large set of white, feathered wings on his back.

"...I also share a celestial bloodline that I received from my father. I did not mean to initially deceive any of you, but the looks I get from the average citizen can cause more commotion than it's worth."

The Great Skenardo
2008-01-18, 12:30 AM
Gloria Blackblade
Gloria shrugs at the Chancellor's chiding, and his remonstrations slide off her as easily as water off of a duck's back.
"Fine," she says, a little diffidently as she flicks a strand of golden hair out of her eyes.
"I'm Gloria Blackblade, like I said."
Easily, she rests a hand on her hip and shrugs.
"I can fight, and I have a few powers of my own. Subtle stuff, mostly."
Her eyes flit from face to face as if to gauge the group's reaction, and something lurks behind her gaze, just for a moment, like a flash of crimson from the sun.
"There's not much more to tell."

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-18, 12:33 AM
Alamandias

Alamandias sniffs a little at Shiiman's remarks.

Item one: I only kill people when I'm getting paid for it or they're coming after me. I don't go around randomly murdering people in the streets, thank you. Theft is, similarly, only on comission. I'm not some twopenny cuthroat thug or mugger out to hit someone over the head and steal their coinpurse. I understand precisely where your prejudice comes from. However, I'd thank you to keep the bigotry to a minimum. I'm not after your neck, and, if you want to talk about bloodlust, I wouldn't be coming after you just because you happened to be born with a touch of the Upper Planes in your blood.

Giving the half-celestial an arch look, Alamandias falls silent.

The Necroswanso
2008-01-18, 12:41 AM
"We've gone from flirting to petty bickering. Please, don't let the fate of the world stop you, do go on."
By this time chamberlain Joeseph's face had turned a slight pink, he was getting impatient with the childish banter.
"Now seriosusly, introductions are one thing but right now we don't have time for your petty prejudices!"

The Unborne
2008-01-18, 01:01 AM
Fal-Cough-Nedward

The elf in front of you gives out a quiet and subdued snort. “Gentlemen, as the Chamberlain has stated, there is no need to discuss right from wrong. There is no more good or evil in these times, only masters and slaves. We, though I would hate to admit it, are pawns now and will stay pawns forever unless we start this quest.” Faldor straightens his posture allowing his full, blazon surcoat to stand out predominately.

“Allow me to introduce myself; I am Nedward Hareen of the Summerlands in the North, if you wish you may call me Ned. I come from no house or castle, but my plans are to use this quest to build one of my own. I specialize in social interactions with others and the cunning escapades at day's end.” The man gives a quick bow with his head and finishes, “There is no need to fear me for I am but an elf of the north.”

His stone grey eyes fall upon the Shiiman’s angelic wings. Its never an easy job is it?

Cogito
2008-01-18, 01:53 AM

After the others have introduced himself Math changes his see-what-I-mean look to something more politically correct.
"I'm called Math, and I've just been wandering around for a good part of my life, so there's no glorious history to speak of."
With a look at the chamberlain he adds, "Can't we decide about leadership once we are on our way? We could also change the leader daily..."
There's definitely nothing politically correct in the sarcastic tone of this last remark.

TheMeanDM
2008-01-18, 07:41 AM
(dam stupid site/bandwidth issues have prevented me from posting till now, sorry!)

The strange glowing man swivels his head in the direction of the rest of the group.

"I am Ozzariem, devoted of The Light. I have little use for evil or good, but I do cherish order and structure. It is somewhat reassuring to know that at least two of you seem inclined away from the taint of chaos." his blank white eyes fall upon the vampire.

"You are a strange being. I have never encountered a vampire that can stand against The Light. My people are, shall I say, your antithesis. You also do not seem to be a devotee of either chaos or evil, which is unusual given the nature of undead abomination."

He pauses a moment.

"For those reasons I will follow your lead, but should you deceive me." he says "Should any of you deceive me, there may be consequences. The Light does not suffer deception easily."

He says this in a non threatening manner, but quite matter-of-factly.

The Great Skenardo
2008-01-18, 10:16 AM
Gloria gives the vampire a hard look, sizing him up.
"Fine, we'll talk about this later." She looks at the Chancellor. He had an unpleasant officious air about him, to Gloria's mind, but there wouldn't be any use in tweaking him.
"All right, what?"

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-18, 01:19 PM
Alamandias

Alamandias returns Gloria's look, then gives an infuriating smirk and another wink.

"Feh, fine, everyone gang up on me. Not as if I had a choice to be what I am, I simply make my way in the world the best as I can with the talents I am naturally given. As to my "nature"... I already said I'm not like other vampires. In more than a few ways. I don't go charging into orphanages to save the children, but I don't eat puppy sandwhiches either. I'm just a mercenary." He stops and snickers a little before continuing. "A very skilled and handsome mercenary, but still, just a merc. Now, as Math says, we might as well get a move on. The quicker we get this done, the quicker you can get away from me, if that's what you desire."

With that, he turns to the chamberlain

So where do we start looking for the spell-slinging skeleton?

The Necroswanso
2008-01-18, 08:13 PM
The chamberlain sighed.
"At this point, that 'spell slinging skeleton' as you put it is royalty, and you will treat him as such.
Now, far to the west is the mountain Bleak Furnace. Inside is a maze, filled to the brim with undead controlled by the duke, however in the bag you will be given lies a sigil that will protect you from everything inside the mountain, so long as it is visible.
Now, I don't have a map of the maze, so you'll have to figure things out from there on your own.
Before the mountains however, there are only two town, and that's it. No farmlands, no roads, nothing.
First, and about three days travel from here, is Carpathia. A small town, that we have no jurisdiction over. Some time in the last decade some lawul twit blows in there on his pale horse, and the town practically drops off the map.
If you are able to bring any news of what has happened there, I would be more than grateful.
Two days further on is the 'Oriental istrict'. It doesn't have a real name because it's run by gangs who can't seem to find a singular leader. Be careful there.
The mountain is only two more days travel afterwards, but you'll have to scale it a little before you find the entrance to the maze.
Here is a bag that help you on your way. I'll assume whomever your leader for the day is shall pick it up."
The Chamberlain sets a large sack on the ground.
"I'll leave you to go when you are ready.
And a word to the cautious, be careful, the lych is a little.... Eccentric."
Now the chamberlain leans in to whisper to the vampire.
"And a word to the wise, don't let the woman go into the room with the lych..."
The chamberlain walks to the doors behind you that had apparently closed. He reopens them with his sigil and the open revealing that they now led to the stairs towards the gate.

The bag is a bag of holding that can hold up to 500 pounds.
It contains two large tents, six bedrolls, 36 scrolls that contain a spell to summon a balanced meal for one person, a golden sigil of a snake coiling in on itself, two maps of the kingdom spanning halfway through the mountain range at Bleakfurnace, being about a 200 mile radius, and labled 'The wise traveller circumvents the moutnains rather than travels through them'. 27 summon mount for 12 hours scrolls, randomly assorted books, (when you choose to draw out a book roll a % die), and 6 travellers guides to dealing with undead nobility.

JackMage666
2008-01-18, 11:59 PM
Shiiman Telovious (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=37682)

"Well, even if it was decided that I will not be the leader, I shall go ahead and shoulder the weight of the bag. It's not much of a burden to me, so I shall carry it gladly."

He goes over and slings the bag over his wings, and drapes the cloak over it once more.

"If we are going back out in public, please grab what you need before we leave this room, as I would strongly appreciate not exposing my wings to the others."

Cogito
2008-01-19, 06:12 AM

"Let's have a look, then," Math says and, carefully not to ruffle any feathers, has a look. Leaving aside most of the stuff he finally reaches the books. "An undead nobility guide? Well, someone please give me the summary before we reach the noble lych. Oh, More books," Math adds after having put back a volume of the other. "Let's see if the guide has a sequel." Grabbing a book he draws it out ([roll0]).

TheMeanDM
2008-01-19, 07:58 AM
"I would ask that the scrolls to summon transportation be taken first. I believe they will be the first things that we will require." Ozzariem says plainly.

The Great Skenardo
2008-01-19, 02:13 PM
Gloria Blackblade
The silver-sheathed damsel makes a face.
"Ugh, horses and books...Don't like either of them. Well come on then, hand me those six scrolls and I'll whistle us up some horses. Let's move, people; We're saving the world. again."

The Necroswanso
2008-01-19, 02:22 PM
The book Math draws from the bag is entiteld, "The Strong Hand: A Gentlemn's Guide to Dealing With Beligerent Old Hags."
And on the cover is depicted a man in a petticoat having apparently slapped a night hag into submission.

Cogito
2008-01-19, 02:47 PM

"Again? I can't quite remember the last time it needed saving, except... Ah, here are the scrolls."
Math hands the scrolls to Gloria before he takes a look at the book he has drawn from the bag. "'The Strong Hand: A Gentlemn's Guide to Dealing With Beligerent Old Hags', I don't believe it. Well I think there's nothing more we need at the moment. Except one of those maps," he adds and draws one from the bag. He then puts the book back and closes the bag. "I'll keep that, if you don't mind."

The Unborne
2008-01-19, 11:57 PM
Nedward

The noble looks intently at the bag of holding and ponders what he should take out for the time being. “Oho, since it seems that we will do a fair bit of traveling this week, don’t mind me if I take out a couple books to read along the way.” Ned steps close to Shiiman and draws forth one Guide to the Undead and a random book out of the pile. Before pulling the books out, he rummages his hand further in to feel the cold metal of the sigil. From what he could tell it was masterfully crafted with small indentations along its surface, most likely representing individual scales.

I wonder what type of magic it offers to protect us from a mountain of undead… Nedward quickly takes up his hand pulling out two mid-sized books. He glances towards the titles of each, “Let’s see what we have here…”

[roll0]

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-20, 12:49 AM
Alamandias

Alamandias just chuckles at the book titles, then shrugs his shoulders.

Agreed. I'm always ready to travel; I need little in the way of supplies... I'll forage on the way there. Though the mountain full of undead might prove problematic. Hopefully there will be rats or something similar... Eh, I shall see.

The Necroswanso
2008-01-20, 02:57 AM
The book "Nedward" draws forth is entitled: "An Inconvienient Thruth: he Terrasque Is Dead".

If you meant to grab a second book from the bag, roll again please.

The Great Skenardo
2008-01-20, 09:33 AM
Gloria Blackblade
Gloria studies the scrolls for a moment, and then begins walking out of the courtyard towards the street, looking for a good place to make horses exist.

Cogito
2008-01-20, 11:46 AM

After having a look at the book title Math shakes his head a few times and folows Gloria outside. While he waits for the others and the transportation, he has a closer look at the map.

TheMeanDM
2008-01-20, 11:49 AM
Ozzariem follows Gloria and Math outside.

"The Light blesses our journey today." he says, his head tilting up toward the bright sunlight. "It is a favorable omen."

The Necroswanso
2008-01-20, 02:37 PM
As you leave the palace you come to find that there isn't really a decent place inside the city to summon transport.
The citie's building are rather crowded and the streets are narrow, you'll need to head outside the walls to summon your horses.

The Great Skenardo
2008-01-20, 04:40 PM
Gloria Blackblade
Gloria looks around with some annoyance.
"All these people in the way...Guess we've got to go out of the city, first." She casts a blue-eyed glance at the other members of the party.
a floating head, an angel, a vampire, an old guy, and a fop. Well, Guess there's always me.

Cogito
2008-01-20, 07:27 PM

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go."
Now he is out in the sun again, Math's mood seems to have lifted considerably and he heads off together, his dog running behind and around him.

JackMage666
2008-01-20, 09:32 PM
Shiiman

Shiiman throws the hood of the cloak over his head, covering his hair and shading his eyes. He readjusts to hide his wings once more, now that everyone is done with the bag.

"Let's be off, then, soldiers."

He looks around the group, then quickly adds.

"Sorry. Old habits die hard. I doubt you'd all appreciate that specific title."

Disguise Check to Conceal hair, wings, and eyes = [roll0]

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-21, 05:00 PM
Alamandias

Alamandias moved along behind, his hat covering him from the discomfort of the sun, his cloak drawn tight about him. He moved up next to Gloria in the lead.

So, My lady, if I may ask... Why the harsh look back in the throne room? I can understand the other's reasons for hating me, but I'm afraid I don't have yours pegged yet.

The Great Skenardo
2008-01-21, 05:50 PM
Gloria Blackblade
Gloria glances at the vampire, and she pauses as if choosing her words carefully.
Finally, she returns her gaze ahead.
"You remind me of someone who gets on my nerves, that's all. Trust me, you'd know if I hated you."

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-21, 05:59 PM
Alamandias

The vampire arches one eyebrow, a playful smile on his crimson lips.

I see. I don't suppose you'd care to enlighten me as to who the annoying person in question might be?

The Great Skenardo
2008-01-21, 08:38 PM
Gloria Blackblade
Gloria rolls her eyes. "I'll introduce you some time; She's sadistic, sarcastic, salacious, shady and shrewish. You'll like her."
She runs a metallic hand through her hair and sighs.
"So, mister leader, what's our plan once we're on the road? Are we really going to check out those other two towns?"
Her tone makes it clear that she doesn't relish the prospect.

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-21, 09:29 PM
Alamandias

Alamandias chuckles a little.

That's not entirely fair. I don't consider myself a sadist, nor am I shrewish. Shady and sarcastic though, most definitely. As for salacious... He grins wide. Well, maybe a little. In the right company. He laughs again, whistling a little tune under his breath, something a composer he'd known had created a hundred years back.

Hmm... well, I'd just as soon bypass them if possible. Too many possible entanglements. But we do need more information. I'd say we avoid them if we can, but stop in if we absolutely have to. Then again, I have no intention of being dictatorial, it's a group decision.

TheMeanDM
2008-01-21, 10:49 PM
"Knowledge is most certainly one path to power." Ozzariem say. "If it does not distract too much from our ultimate goal, then I have no qualms about stopping to gather information on Necrom."

Cogito
2008-01-22, 04:32 AM

"I'd prefer if we got to that Necrom as fast as possible. It seems to be the most pressing matter at the moment."

The Great Skenardo
2008-01-22, 05:25 PM
Gloria Blackblade
Gloria draws forth the scrolls once more and looks over them carefully for a moment before beginning to read out their spells, one after the other, calling forth light horses for everyone present.
As she approaches her own horse, a handsome dapple, she regards it suspociously, and then hoists herself up, lightly.

The Necroswanso
2008-01-23, 01:37 AM
Okay fine, you drove me to railroad a bit.

As you have all made your ways outside the city walls, you begin to summon your mounts. Mounts and gear as fits your liking of course. The mounts WILL NOT fight for you however, any horses will act as real horses do, and if one of you casts fireball, you'll find it hard to convince the horse it isn't on fire. Be careful.

The sun was still high in the sky. You couldn't see the mountains out in the west, just long sprawling fields of green, and, out of the corner of your eye, you thought you saw....

Give me will saves. If it is below 32, give me a spot check in the OOC thread.

Cogito
2008-01-23, 02:34 AM

Math's gaze quickly moves to the spot where he just thought to have seen seomething. ([roll0])

JackMage666
2008-01-23, 03:25 AM
Shiiman

Shiiman rides his summoned horse confidently.

Will Save - [roll0]

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-23, 06:33 AM
Alamandias

Alamandias mounts up. His horse is not, as one might expect, a midnight black steed with fiery red eyes, but a powerfully built grey stallion. He pats the beast's neck in a friendly manner, sitting easily in the saddle

(The will save is impossible for me to make, but it's worth noting I'm immune to mind-affecting spells and abilities.)

TheMeanDM
2008-01-23, 09:56 AM
Oz

Ozzariem's horse is a brilliant white stallion, well muscled and strong willed.

As he rides with the group, it seems as if he notices something, because his head eerily swivels in a complete circle....

[roll0]

The Necroswanso
2008-01-23, 06:15 PM
Natural 20 is still an auto save.

However, the only one to notice anything is Math, who seemed to catch out of the corner of his eye, a strange figure standing behind Gloria and her horse. The most he was able to make out however is that it looked unhappy to see her.
In the time it took for him to fully look over at it however, it was gone.

TheMeanDM
2008-01-23, 09:15 PM
Suddenly Ozzariem stops his horse. He again swivels his head around.

"Whomever you are that spoke to me, you are obviously unworthy of your station in life if you cannot accomplish what you said you attempted."

He turns to the group. "Did any of you happen to see anything or hear anything?"

The Great Skenardo
2008-01-23, 10:40 PM
Gloria Blackblade
Gloria arches an eyebrow.
" 'Scuse me? No, no voices friend."

JackMage666
2008-01-24, 01:52 AM
Shiiman

He looks at the Ozzariem, making sure he is OK.

"No, my friend, I believe you must have imagined something. No worries, happens to the best of us sometimes. Would you like to stop and catch your breath?"

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-24, 02:59 AM
Alamandias

Alamandias looked around, his eyes suddenly narrowing

He's imagining, or someone's trying to play silly buggers with our heads. One or the other. Mages have tried it on me often enough. Luckily, though, I'm immune, thanks to my... condition. If anyone else starts hearing, seeing, or feeling strange things, speak up.

That, or our lumiescent friend is just crazy. Either way... best keep an eye out. Of course, I could be wrong, but in my line of work I find it pays to be paranoid.

Cogito
2008-01-24, 03:11 AM

"I think I saw someone, but there were definitely no voices..." Math takes a last look at the spot were the figure had been only a moment before. "Couldn't make out much, except that he didn't seem too happy about what he saw. Shall we go on?"

TheMeanDM
2008-01-24, 09:28 AM
"I believe that Math did in fact see something, for I most assuredly heard something. And I am most definitely not insane. I have seen my share of insanity, as I am sure most of you have as well."

His head rotates once more.

"There is something out there..." he muses, his face frowning.

ooc-

knowledge checks for anything he can think of:

Planes
[roll0]

Religion
[roll1]

Nature
[roll2]

Arcana
[roll3]

Local
[roll4]

The Great Skenardo
2008-01-24, 10:58 AM
Gloria Blackblade

The golden-haired woman looks evenly back at Math.
"What are you looking at me for? Trust me, if there were someone nearby, I'd know."

Mentally however, the event was occasion for a little soul-searching.
Okay, how's my conscience right now? Pretty clean. There was that blacksmith's assistant...but no, he wouldn't be complaining, not in the state I left him... Wait, maybe it was your outburst last week.
In her head, a laughter like tinkling icicles sounds
He had no respect...He got off lightly for telling lies about the Great Gloria Blackblade!

Cogito
2008-01-24, 11:15 AM

"If you really want to know, the figure was looking at you." Math voice gains a questioning tone towards the end of his answers, and after a moment's thought he adds: "Is this a first or should we get used to this?"

The Great Skenardo
2008-01-24, 11:36 AM
Gloria pauses for just a moment.
"Of course not."
Another thoughtful pause as she rides on a little.
"What did she look like?"

The Necroswanso
2008-01-24, 03:10 PM
Ozzy is unable to discern any knowledge from his checks.
Maybe he's just getting old. :smallamused:

Cogito
2008-01-24, 03:37 PM

Math is not quite satisfied with that answer and shows so by casting a spell on himself that doesn't seem to have any particular effect. (Superior Resistance)
At Gloria's next question he involuntarily raises an eyebrow.
"She?"

The Great Skenardo
2008-01-24, 04:16 PM
Cursing silently to her herself, Gloria waves a silvery hand.
"I mean whoever you saw. Or think you saw."
Gloria studies Math carefully to gauge his reaction.

Cogito
2008-01-24, 05:22 PM

"Well, it's your business, I suppose. To answer you question, I couldn't see anything specific before the figure had vanished already. But then you probably know how 'she' looks anyway."

TheMeanDM
2008-01-24, 05:25 PM
Oz:

"No matter what 'he' looks like, as Math did say 'he' to begin with. He is not worth any more of our time. Let us continue." Ozzariem says, nudging his heels into the flanks of his horse.

JackMage666
2008-01-26, 02:02 AM
Shiiman

"Well, perhaps he or she is not who you think it is, and is just trying to get by. Perhaps we, ourselves, should move on and allow them to do so."

He nudges his horse and continues on.

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-27, 05:13 AM
Alamandias

Alamandias gives a rather discomforting grin as he rides along, his broad-brimmed hat pulled low to shield his sensitive eyes from the sun. He chuckles a little, speaking to his companions in a low, mellow voice.

He, she, or it will come in it's own time. Most things do, in my experience. Besides, at least you won't have to worry about it sneaking up on us while we sleep. After all, I never do, so I can keep watch over you... He chuckles again, whistling a little tune composed a hundred years or so ago prior. It had never been popular, but he'd always liked it, and it had stuck in his head when so much else had faded away. After a moment, he spoke up again.

Well, as we have little else to do, and I'm a bit bored and a little curious, let me ask this: Why did each of you decide to join up on this little venture. Since I asked, I'll reveal my own motives first. Mostly for the reward. The gold is always useful, and maybe I can finagle a title out of it. All the storybook vampires always seem to have "Count" or "Baron" before their name, and I've never had that. I must confess I'm a little envious. Besides, it's a good excuse to have a forbidding castle on some barren crag somewhere where one can entertain the inexplicable stream of nubile young women in flimsy nightdresses who seem drawn to such locales. Once again he grins under his hood, and whether he's joking, serious, or a mixture is impossible to tell.

The Great Skenardo
2008-01-27, 09:37 AM
Gloria Blackblade
Gloria holds the reins loosely in her hands as she rides.
"I'm saving up to buy some magic beans, myself."
Gloria half smiles to herself.
"So I can get kidnapped and be some air-headed princess living it up before a farmboy with straw still in his hair comes to rescue me after his two older brothers fail."

JackMage666
2008-01-27, 03:03 PM
Shiiman

He sighs.
"Honestly, boredom. After my forced retirement, I was given a small plot of land..."
He looks at the vampire.
"...With no title, before you ask. So, for the past couple seasons, I've been trying my hand at farming. Farming was something they didn't teach in military school, so I'm not exactly what you can call successful at it. So, instead, I've been making money telling stories at the local pubs. But, it grew tedious, and I long for the field of battle again. With any luck, I will die soon."
He looks around, realizing his last statement might have given the wrong impression.
"I don't mean I am actively seeking death, but I'd rather die in the field of combat than pulling weeds on that abysmal farm."

TheMeanDM
2008-01-27, 03:41 PM
"My people do not require rest either, so I've no concern about being ambushed while dozing. Neither do we require food or drink." Ozzariem says.

"I am here to see this land have one ruler." he says simply, riding along with the group. "This king is fighting the forces of chaos and undead, thus seemed like a good choice to align with. Besides" he pauses "the other side has had no contact with me, yet."

Cogito
2008-01-27, 05:36 PM

Math remains silent the whole time and there's no sign that he will break it anytime soon. He just stares straight ahead into nothingness, leaning down to pet his dog from time to time.

The Necroswanso
2008-01-27, 10:18 PM
The day draws on, like it didn't truly want to end, but knew it was innevitable. The sun's reluctance was about the only thing that reminded you it was mid summer. The fields had remained their strong green, and the weather was unsually moderate, only truly requiring a cloak at night.
As you came to know each other just that much better you almost lost sight of time, until you realised finally, that the sun was setting.
You still had almost three hours left out of your mounts, so you figured you'd push on a little further. However you were stopped when you came across a river bank. Rather than running your mounts through the potentially dangerous waters, you decided to travel up stream a bit to find a bridge, making sure to mark on the map where it put you.
However, finding only a small gathering of trees an hour later, you decided it would be best to take camp here.

Having set up your tents, starting a fire to help keep the evening meals warm, and deciding your watch, it was finally time for the day to end.
What those who don't sleep will be doing shall be very relevenat, and I will need them to be descriptive.

I will also then need Will against Illusion saves from all who are sleeping, at -5 for lack of intent and unconciousness.

JackMage666
2008-01-27, 10:34 PM
Shiiman

"Well, I suppose I should probably sleep, as I some spells and magics that I need to recharge. I shall see you all in the morning."
Shiiman lies on his side on his bedroll, careful not to sleep putting too much pressure on his wings.
Will Save vs Illusion - [roll0] - Also Spell Resistance = 23.

The Great Skenardo
2008-01-27, 11:15 PM
Gloria Blackblade
Gloria sighs with relief as she finally slides off the horse and lands with a clank of metal on the ground. She lifts her hand, and abruptly the silvery sheen covering her clothing melts away and coalesces into a small silvery ball about the size of a fist, which she then places in her backpack.
Gloria stretches slowly and luxuriantly, and then settles down against a tree to rest...

[roll0]

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-27, 11:44 PM
Umber

Umber slides from his saddle, stretching out, enjoying the feel of it, even if his undead body does not feel fatigue. Moving with catlike grace, he easily hops up into a convenient tree, standing up on a branch as he gazes out, keeping watch through the night, a little smile on his face, silent and invisible as the nightwind.

[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]

[roll3]

Cogito
2008-01-28, 05:50 AM

Glad to be standing on his own two feet again, Math searches a good place to sleep for himself, gets rid of his heavy dragon scale armor, and, having wrapped himself up in his cloak, goes to sleep.
His dog walks around him for a while before he too lies down and starts sleeping.
(Will - [roll0])

TheMeanDM
2008-01-28, 07:41 AM
Upon reaching "camp", Ozzariem dismounts. Before his companions start to get out their trail rations, he stretches forth his hands. "Allow me to provide your sustenance, and though some of us may not be able to digest it, it will still benefit us."

He spreads his hands wide, and in a flash, he summons forth a great feast, including a magnificent table, chairs, service, and food and drink.

After the meal, he settles down before the campfire. He sits cross-legged upon the ground, his elbows resting upon his thighs. His forearms are stretched away from his body and his hands are palm-up. His strange, lidless eyes show no indication of being open or closed. He seems to be humming slightly.

using Warpriest ability: Heroes Feast

Every creature partaking of the feast is cured of all diseases, sickness, and nausea; becomes immune to poison for 12 hours; and gains 1d8 temporary hit points +1 point per two caster levels (maximum +10) after imbibing the nectar-like beverage that is part of the feast. The ambrosial food that is consumed grants each creature that partakes a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and Will saves and immunity to fear effects for 12 hours.

Meditating for new spells. Will actually "acquire" them at first light/dawn, which seems appropriate to Oz.

will save
[roll0]

The Great Skenardo
2008-01-28, 08:13 AM
Gloria Blackblade
Gloria laughs and claps her hands as the laden table springs into existence, her laugh sounding positively girlish. She eagerly sits down in one of the high-backed chairs and puts her hands in her lap, just taking in the sight of the repast.
Chewing her lip slightly, she looks from dish to dish before calling to the invisible servants imperiously,
"You, there! Bring me...some of that fish, that apple-No, not that apple you cretin, the good one; there!- some of that bread with some butter, and a bunch of those greens. And You! Pour me something to drink!"
As the phantoms whirl about she pauses, then makes a face and calls out once more,
"Okay okay, and give me the rarest slice of that roast you can get, too."
As she's catered too, Gloria relaxes a little in the chair and picks up one of the conjured forks thoughtfully, twirling it between her long fingers. With a smile like a beatific wolf, she begins to eat. As she does, the look on her face can only be described as sensual as she enjoys both the food and the drink.

TheMeanDM
2008-01-28, 09:48 AM
ooc: forgot to mention the HP:

Gloria: [roll0]
Math: [roll1]
Oz: [roll2]
Umber(?): [roll3]
-- thought his name was Alamandias
Shiiman: [roll4]
Faldor: [roll5]

(anyone seen/heard from Unborne lately?)

Last In-Character post was 1-19 (9 Days ago) :smalleek:

Replacement player needed, possibly? :smallfrown:

Cogito
2008-01-28, 11:19 AM

When Gloria begins to order Math turns towards the totally out-of-place-looking feast. "Well that is something. Come on Gray, let's have some ourselves."
After having loaded two plates with as much food as possible Math takes a seat, puts one plate to the ground beside him, and starts to eat slowly from the other.

The Great Skenardo
2008-01-28, 11:22 AM
Gloria Blackblade
Having finished her dinner, Gloria rises and quickly snatches the bowl of strawberries from the table. With a self-satisfied swagger, she resumes her spot under the tree to sit and munch.

Cogito
2008-01-29, 07:30 AM

After Math has finished his meal he takes a short walk before finally turning in.

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-29, 09:01 PM
Umber

Umber watches the others eating from above, and eventually drops down out of the tree, picking up a few choice slices of beef and savoring the taste, along with a goblet of red wine, his eyes half-lidded as he savors the taste. He sighs contentedly, relaxing against a tree, licking his fingers clean with a long red tongue that darts agilely from between crimson lips.

Delectable... even though it doesn't satisfy anymore, one still finds the flavors quite enjoyable.

He chuckles again, and gives a little shudder Though it's nothing like the crimson... not than anything ever is.

The Great Skenardo
2008-01-30, 10:21 AM
Gloria Blackblade
Taking aim, Gloria tosses a strawberry at the vampire perched in the tree.
"See," she says, around a mouthful of fruit. "That's why people don't like vampires. You're all 'children of the night' and 'ze blood...it makes zuch...beautiful music.' " Gloria sets down the now considerably emptier bowl and crosses her legs as she wipes her fingers off on the grass.
"It's like if you were made of pudding, and all of us went around saying how we've got a sweet tooth."

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-30, 07:50 PM
Alamandias

Alamandias grins, his hand snaps out to grab the strawberry, biting in and licking the red juice from his fangs with gusto.

Oh come now... I don't live up to stereotypes that badly. In any case, from what I understand being bitten isn't all that unplesant either.

He grins, the dim firelight reflecting off his face, an image at once handsome and slightly savage

Besides... in response to your comparison, I don't mind being bitten back.

He chuckles lightly, up in the tree again, enjoying the repartee.

The Great Skenardo
2008-01-30, 08:48 PM
Gloria Blackblade
Ooh, a sleazy one! Does he think all that oil will grease the way?
Gloria glances over at the others, then back to the tree-perched dead man.
"Uh...huh." She says, slowly. "Well, I'll sleep a lot better knowing that."
With that rather lame comment, Gloria sets her bowl aside and closes her eyes, preparing for sleep.

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-30, 09:51 PM
Alamandias

The vampire gives a wicked chuckle, winking at Gloria. It's hard to tell, really, whether the slick, oily veneer he wears is serious, or intended in irony. He grins wide, addressing them all, his eyes glimmering in the fading light Don't worry, children, and be untroubled in your sleep. Uncle Alamandias will be watching your slumbering heads. He grins wide again, standing amidst the tree branches, suddenly slipping back into the shadows, nigh-invisible in the darkness.

TheMeanDM
2008-01-30, 10:18 PM
The lumi's head swivels around to face the remainder of the group.

"As will my eyes." Ozzariem says simply. His head swivels back toward the fire.

He speaks, almost into the fire "I am curious, who were you before you became a vampire? Do you remember?"

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-31, 02:43 AM
Alamandias

Alamandias' normally cheerful face changes to a scowl for a brief moment. Unfortunately, no. And every priest and spellweaver I've ever sought out has been unable to divine even a scrap of information.

The Necroswanso
2008-01-31, 03:23 PM
(Everybody disappeared huh? ANYWAY, for those of you still around...)

For a second, your thoughts seem to freeze, like time had stopped for a moment, waiting to let some poor soul hop onto bandwagon of exhistence on this plane, but it soon passes and you shrug it off as being tired, even those of you who don't sleep fealt a bit fatigued.
However you toss that idea out the window when your attention is drawn to the fire, by what could only be described as the sound of one poking at it with a stick. In fact a gentleman, who had no previously been there before, was now sitting there.
He wore long blue pants, that hung lazily around his laqured black boots, his entire upper body was wrapped in bandages, showing only his left and right hand, which poked out of gold bracers addorned with a scarab. You noticed however, there was no skin of muscle on the left hand, only bone, and it was the hand he poked at the fire with, but with no stick. As your gaze proceeded upward, it ended in a soft face, with a square jaw, curtained by long golden hair, and housing dark green, hollow, eyes. This man, was in fact, not truly there.
As you turned your attention to him, you noticed he was looking intently, angrily, surpisedly, at Gloria, but when he spoke, a terrible, empty voice, you knew he spoke unto all of you.
"Well now children, sitting out in the wild, with a fire, making all manner of noises... Didn't you know; there is a Wumpus near by..."

TheMeanDM
2008-01-31, 04:41 PM
Slightly startled by the appearence of this phantom stranger, Ozzariem rises.

"And who are you, sir, to seat yourself at our fire? Please, introduce yourself and state your business."

Cogito
2008-01-31, 05:13 PM

Math turns towards the fire, solowly at first, then in one swift motion when his dog begins to growl. While the man takes, Math's eyes wander between the blade at his side and the skeletal hand that is poking around in the fire.
"You're the same guy who popped up behind us today? Why are you watching us?", Math asks directly after Ozzariem has finished. He sounds mainly curious, if a bit annoyed at the interruption of his sleep.

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-31, 05:21 PM
Alamandias

Alamandias looks at the stranger, his eyes running up and down his concealed form as he raises his voice from the concealment of the tree.

In addition to those questions, another: What's a Wumpus?

The Great Skenardo
2008-01-31, 05:55 PM
Gloria Blackblade
Gloria is on her feet in an instant, and with one quick motion she retrieves her metal sphere from her pack and grips it in her hand. Almost instantly, she's engulfed in the silvery substance as it flows to cover her entire body except for her golden hair. Standing like a golem of some kind, she watches the stranger with an expression unreadable.
"Who the hell are you? And what's your problem?"
For the moment, however, she hasn't drawn a weapon. Indeed, she doesn't seem to be carrying one.

The Necroswanso
2008-01-31, 07:08 PM
The illusion of the man snarled angrily, it becoming a little clear that he intended to have questions answered, not the other way around.
"The question, Math isn't why I'm watching you, but what you want from me? You carry my brother's sigil are you not? That opens only two doors in the vast infinity that is the planes, and mine is one of them! So unless you killed him, you must be comming from him..."
His glare intensified on Gloria, it looked like he was saying something, but it was hard to make out.

Listen checks please.

He's drawn out of his muttering.
"..and a Wumpus, is a beast I created, with side affects... Suffice to say if you see it, you'd better hope it does not see you..."

TheMeanDM
2008-01-31, 07:24 PM
"So you are Necron the Lich, if you clain Elrick (sp?) as your brother. True?" Ozzariem says.

The Great Skenardo
2008-02-01, 12:10 AM
Gloria Blackblade
Gloria rests a hand on her hip.
"The hell? No way you don't know if you're the real Necron; the real Necron would know already. And where do you get off saying "You should be dead?" You don't even know me."
Gloria scowls beneath her metal skin, and just for a moment...there's a flicker of ashen gray from just behind her, then nothing.

The Necroswanso
2008-02-01, 12:23 AM
The man grins.
"Necrom D'Latrange, or, in life, Grethos D'Latrange. I never did like my name. And it is Duke Necrom to you shiny."
His grin turns sadistic at Gloria, and his eyes begin to glow a sickenign shade of green.
"Oh, but ofcourse, I must have mistaken you for someone else." His voice became biting, harsh, and as he spoke his malicious grin grew wider, too wide for the standard of human facial flesh.
I will need a will save from you Skenardo.

The Great Skenardo
2008-02-01, 11:32 AM
Gloria Blackblade
Gloria shudders as the oily waves of the Lich's Will press against her mind, but then she shakes her head. Her mind is still her own, but there's a definite newfound respect in her voice as she speaks again.
"Er, all right, your Lordship. We're from your brother, who wants us to ask you about a paladin of the South who has the demon-cutting sword." she clasps her hands behind her back.
"It would save everyone some time and effort if you could help. Please?"

The Necroswanso
2008-02-01, 03:28 PM
The lych's eyes dart at the ground quickly, as if he were thinking. He seemed to be mouthing something to himself, but all the listen checks in the world produced no information.
After a moment, he looks back at Gloria.
"I know of no such 'demon cutting' sword."
The lych stood up, his form rippling slightly.
"I have matters to attend to. Don't wake the Wumpus."
Necrom took a step away from the fire, but moved toward Gloria instead, he stopped besdie her, no longer looking at her. When he spoke up his voice was cruel, malicious, and the fire seemed to give off less light as he did so.
"and I said you should be dead because you should be. What; did you think it was by chance that some adventurers just so happened to let you go? NO! You were a failed test, a stain on my records, and before I could deal with you some paladins came looking for me. You're only here by chance..." And the image faded away, the fire returning to it's original glow.

WhiteKnight777
2008-02-01, 03:57 PM
Alamandias

Alamandias chuckled in the tense silence that followed the lich's disappearance.

What does that have to do with anything? In my experience, chance is one of the most vital and intrinsic forces in history anyway. For want of a nail and all that.

He sighed, hopping down from the tree where he was perched, landing gracefully, cloak fluttering about him.

So. What are we to do?

The Great Skenardo
2008-02-01, 04:07 PM
Gloria Blackblade

The silvery woman slowly sinks to the ground, sitting with a clank. She wraps her arms around her knees and hugs them to her chest, her expression unreadable underneath the silvery mask. Silent, she remains seated and hunched. A faint metallic rattling reveals an almost invisible shudder running through her body.

Perhaps it's a trick of the firelight reflecting off her skin, but faint ribbons of shadow seem to curl and waver about her metallic arms and legs in the dusk.

TheMeanDM
2008-02-01, 04:26 PM
"The king said Necrom would be able to tell us who this paladin is. Either that was not the true Necrom, or he is testing us. I believe we will need to complete our journey in order to...glean...the information required." Ozzariem says plainly. He walks over to Gloria, his glowing light preceeding him. He places a reassuring hand upon his traveling companion.. "Are you alright, lady?" his voice has lost it's matter-of-fact tone, and instead seems to be more compassionate and concerned.

The Great Skenardo
2008-02-01, 04:40 PM

Gloria makes no reply, and gives little indication that Ozzariem's concerns were acknowledged or even perceived. She continues to rock back and forth slowly.
Suddenly, the shadows coiling about her limbs coalesce, and an oily blackness engulfs the shining surface of Gloria's armor.
out of the sanguine cloudiness covering Gloria's head springs another female face, this one ashen gray and cruel though indistinct, as if viewed through frosted glass.
"Get your hands off me, you tool," it snaps with a voice harsh and heated,"You smell like chains."

Cogito
2008-02-02, 03:50 PM

Math continues to look at the place where Necrom had been only moments before, so he at first doesn't notice Gloria's strange behaviour. When he does, he recoils a few steps. After a look at the others he slowly walks up to her and kneels directly in front of her.
"Who are you?"

TheMeanDM
2008-02-02, 04:24 PM
Following on Math's question, Ozzariem says "I am not a..tool...I am a Lumi" he looks down at himself "and I see no chains on me." in a puzzled tone.

WhiteKnight777
2008-02-02, 08:03 PM
Alamandias

Alamandias' eyes narrowed as he considered the woman. Interesting. Very interesting. Chains, eh? Hmmm... Perhaps. But too soon to tell.

I do believe she meant it in a metaphorical sense. In any case, its her choice whether or not to tell us about her private bussiness.. though I hope that if theres anything that might endanger the rest of us, she'll enlighten us as to it.

The Great Skenardo
2008-02-02, 10:26 PM
Gloria (?)
The visage distorts for a moment behind the frosted effect, and then a snort.
"Stuff it, you mindless little" her voice deepens for a moment, and dips into a harsh collection of jagged syllables that sting the ears like barbs
(In Infernal)

"Things only half-suited for the slaughterhouse, you-"

And abruptly she switches back to common
"-All smell like chains and filth. You can all rot in the deepest pit o-"
The voice trails off and the face behind frosted glass flickers and dims as her voice gets quieter. The tide of shadow recedes from Gloria's silver form until she sits just as she was earlier, she shakes her head. With the motion, her golden hair flies.
Silently, the aasimar extends her hand and once more the liquid metal flows into her palm. There's little of her recent bravado in her bearing as she stows away the globule into her pack once more. In the silence, she stands, loose hair covering her face. Then, with a sudden savageness, she snaps her head upright to glare at the others through the curtain of her golden hair, a touch of redness about her eyes.
"That never f-cking happened, All right?! she shouts, her voice thick with some emotion hard to guess.

WhiteKnight777
2008-02-02, 10:43 PM
Alamandias

Alamandias simply smiled, his eyes glimmering mirthfully. Taking off his hat, he offered a low bow. Of course not. Could a gentleman do aught else? He appears to dismiss the whole incident out of hand, and moves on briskly. I suggest we get some rest and move on in the morning. As our luminescent friend says, I believe we still have quite a journey ahead of us before we get any answers.

The Necroswanso
2008-02-03, 02:13 AM
( a wee bit more of railroading for kicks)

The night grew heavy, as though it was trying too much to remind you you had another day of travelling ahead of you. So, with that, those of you who required the great sleep, took it.
However, it was a restless sleep, a strange dream plagued you, a face, as best you could call it, skeletal, or spectral, covered in a thick orange-brown hair. Large, empty slots where eyes should have been, filled only with glowing red dots. And the mouth, the teeth seemed to be made of the strange fur/mold, showing no true signs of an actual mouth, but when it opened, it was black, absorbing light. From the cavernous depths of this strange face, came a howl, but one unlike any you've heard. It reverberated with the screams of a thousand damned souls, carried with the pitch of a wolf's cry. It was all you dreamed of...

The morning came reluctantly, but the sun shone as bright as ever. The events of last night still hanging in the air, creating a sense of tension so thick you couldn't even cut through it. However as you packed up, you noticed someting that wasn't there before, a large bush, really the size of a tree, in fact, it must have been a tree. A willow maybe, only it was a sickening orange, and so thick you couldn't see any branches nor a trunk. In fact the heavy strands seemed to rest comfortably on the ground. Something about it just asn't right, but something told you to continue on, and ignore it.

The Great Skenardo
2008-02-03, 12:49 PM
Gloria awakes slowly, savoring the last lingering ribbons of unconsciousness after a hellish night. Well, like it or not, she had to trust these people now, at least a little. It was either that or kill them all, and Gloria wasn't sure she could manage that herself.
Well...better start building bridges.
Sitting upright, the woman rubs her eyes a little, and then, automatically, ties her golden hair up behind her head.
She stops for a moment, seeing the orange bush. Slowly, she continues getting ready until she finally stands.
"All right, friends," she says, her voice cheerful as wedding bells,
"Let's be off on our quest! For king, country and the world!"

JackMage666
2008-02-04, 01:51 AM
Shiiman

Shiiman awakens, pretending to have slept through the whole incident, though remembering clearly the images in his dreams.

"Yes, lets be off. We have work for the kingdom to performs, after all."

WhiteKnight777
2008-02-04, 03:05 AM
Alamandias

The vampire, of course, hadn't slept. He'd kept watch all through the night, but naturally showed no signs of fatigue. It was just one of the things he had forgotten, along with true mortality. Speaking of which... he winced at the brightness of the sun coming up, and pulled the brim of his hat low over his eyes, stretching, his motions catlike as he rearranged his clothes. Another one of those strange things he'd grown used to over the years - he only had to change clothes when they grew dirty. No body odor, no sweat, no shedding of dead skin cells... He chuckled a little at this odd focus on minutiae as he swung into his saddle, pulling thick leather gloves over his hand, the brim of his hat still shielding his eyes.

Indeed... another day, which I'm sure will be full of adventure and excitement. As well as splendid views. Like rocks. Oh, and the trees! Joy and rapture, I can hardly wait.

He snickered a little as his own comment as he moved his horse up to the head of the line, looking around warily.

TheMeanDM
2008-02-04, 10:26 AM
As first light cracks the horizon, Ozzariem ends his whispered chanting and resumes normal speech. He raises his hands up to the heavens, and says a prayer.

"O divine Light of Truth, bless me as Thy vessel
Guide me, Illuminate me, Sanctify me.
Strengthen my hands that they may destroy the Chaos
Open my eyes that they may see it more clearly
Fortify my heart so that the Shadow shall not dwell within me
Be Thou my Light. Be Thou my Guide.
Whatsoever Thou commandest me,
with thy blazing Glory I shall do.
Leading me unto the fullness Light"

He stands, and adjusts the straps of his armor, checks his shield and checks the placement of his weapons.

He notices the orange bush. "Strange." he comments, but acknowledging his gut-feeling, he makes no move toward the bush.

Cogito
2008-02-04, 12:29 PM
Math

"Aren't we all cheery today," Math greets the others rather sarcastically when he returns from the quiet spot where he has meditated for a good hour. His features are unreadable but there is no way to miss the curious look he gives Gloria before he packs his things and dons his armor. Only after he is fully ready to go on he takes a good look at the orange thing. "You think that might be the deadly Wumpus? Doesn't seem to fit in here, at any rate."

The Great Skenardo
2008-02-04, 02:36 PM
Gloria Blackblade

Gloria didn't miss the cautious look, but apparently ignored it.
"Hell if I know. But let's go quietly, 'kay?"

The Necroswanso
2008-02-04, 11:36 PM
And so your day begins. After researching the map, you find there's a small bridge up stream, from calculating your position you determine you could get to Carpathia in just under 10 hours.
So, you summon your mounts, and head up stream, however you don't get very close to it before noticing that on each river bank, the bridge is gaurded by two men, in red armor, and bright green capes. The four men looked elven, and not very inviting, they each carried a ransuer and as you approached they all turned toward you. The tallest, and most brutish looking one stepped forward and adressed you.
"Halt, who are you that would cross this river? State your name and business."

The Great Skenardo
2008-02-04, 11:46 PM
Gloria Blackblade
Gloria eases her horse forward.
"I," she begins, in a imperious voice, "am Gloria Blackblade, and we are emissaries to his Majesty. We're going to Carpathia."

The Necroswanso
2008-02-05, 12:02 AM
One of the soldiers snarled, it was obvious, however he made no other move.
"The king is not welcome in these lands, nor are his emmisaries.
When the beasts attacked he sent no help, and we have gone forgotten, we are fortunate the war has not come to us-"
However he was interrupted by a loud bang. And just a few feet to your left a figure had teleported into view. Covered head to toe in a claok the stranger came towards the four men, three of them bowed. The large man stood.
"My queen, to what do I owe this visit?"
The woman removed her hood, and from the wanted poster you were given, you knew it was Felicia.
"Garek, these 'emmisaries' seek to bring the war to Carpathia. The king has ordered that they come here to recruit your sons and daughters for his cause... I trust you can deal with them"
For a moment their eyes met, and the man grew pale as chalk. Felicia turned toward you, smiled, and with a loud bang disappeared.

Roll for initiative.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

TheMeanDM
2008-02-05, 07:20 AM
"That woman shall pay for her lies, for we intend no such action. We do not seek your children, your men, nor your women." Ozzariem says.

"I suggest that you stow your weapons and allow us to pass, peacefully!" he says forcefully to the men, leaning forward in his saddle.

initiative:
[roll0]

Fear Aura (doesn't say if it's standard/immediate/free/etc)

Fear Aura (Su): Once per day starting at 5th level, a warpriest can emanate a fear aura in a 20-foot radius for 1 round per level. Foes must make a Will save (DC 10 + warpriest’s class level + warpriest’s Cha modifi er) or be affected as if by a fear spell.

The DC would be 20

Depending on your ruling of how long it takes to activate that fear aura, I'll post another move/action.

JackMage666
2008-02-05, 09:53 AM
Shiiman

"We wish no harms upon your people. We just need to pass through, and this is the most direct route. We harbor no ill will towards you or your people. If we had wanted to bring the war to you, would we not have lied and pretended to be someone more in your favor?"

Initiative = [roll0]

The Great Skenardo
2008-02-05, 11:09 AM

Gloria leans forward in the saddle.
"And," she adds, her blue eyes radiating menace, "If you don't step aside, We'll kill you all."

Trying to intimidate them into backing down.
[roll0]

TheMeanDM
2008-02-05, 11:38 AM
ooc:
just realized something, there was a "look" and then he went pale.

Spellcraft to see if any spell/spell effect/etc was used (suggestion, perhaps?)

[roll0]

WhiteKnight777
2008-02-05, 10:40 PM
Alamandias

Alamandias gave a slight smile, bowing in his saddle.

Greetings, my good man. We are on an errand of our own, one does not concern your village. We'll leave you in peace, if you'll but extend us the same courtesy.

[roll0]

Cogito
2008-02-06, 03:25 PM
Math

"Hm, everything's been said," Maths says calmy, if not without a hint of humor, "now it's your choice."

Initiative: [roll0]

The Necroswanso
2008-02-07, 12:11 PM
(Okay, for clarity, this is how the initiative looks
Ozzy
Enemy1(E1)
Shiiman
E3
Alamandias
Gloria
E2
Math
E4)

For those of you who have not yet done so, I will require you to post first round actions and shizzle. I will then gather up the information and post the results of the first round.

You are all in a five point formation whomever was the leader for the day taking point, your enemies are 15 feet away in a four point formation 10 feet apart each.

TheMeanDM
2008-02-07, 01:36 PM
(I'll lead, what the heck)

"Since you have seen fit to throw reason away in favor of lies, face the consequences." Ozzariem growls. For the first time, you've seen a real emotion come from the 'man' you've traveled with. He points his scimitar at the leader of the guardsmen, and a malicious looking black claw flies from the weapon toward the man.

Casting: Flesh Ripper at the man identified as Garek.
10d8 damage, no saving throw

Ranged Touch Attack (he should be flat-footed (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/initiative.htm#flatFooted)..I hope!)

[roll0]

Damage:

[roll1]

Spell Resistence check:
[roll2]

JackMage666
2008-02-07, 06:38 PM
(I'm assuming you don't want us to post in order, or it could be more time consuming?)

Shiiman

"Very well, if you insist upon the combat."

Swift action to change Minor Aura to Force of Will (Allies gain +7 untyped bonus to Will Saves)
Move Action to don shield and pull out Hellslayer (the longsword)

"I have commanded a great many soldiers in much more strenuous combat. I'll warn you, fools, not to mettle with my companions or myself, else we'll end you, much like demons under the boot of Pelor"

Standard Action to use the spell like ability Bless (+1 on attack rolls for all allies.)

WhiteKnight777
2008-02-08, 02:32 AM
Alamandias

Alamandias sighs. They never seemed to want to bloody well listen, did they? Always had to do things the hard way. Ah well, at least it was something he was familiar with... He grinned, drawing both of his blades, the humming purr as they slipped from their sheathes like the voices of old friends as he prepared for battle.

(Two move actions to draw both weapons)

Cogito
2008-02-08, 08:00 AM

With a "Back!" from Math, Gray turns around and retreats out of immediate danger. Math then loosens his travelling cloak and lets it drop to the ground. Underneath there's another cloak; it's completely black and its surface is continuously wavering and moving, making it quite hard to make out the silhouette of its wearer.
Seeing that the others have already drawn their weapons Math produces a sword about the size of a longsword from underneath his cloak which slowly begins to grow, only to stop when the blade is longer than its wielder is tall.
(dog: full retreat, Math: I suppose Free + Move + Standard Action)

The Necroswanso
2008-02-10, 06:58 PM
As Ozzy got first move here is what this round looked like:

Ozzariem's attack is received by Garek at it's full damage, he is now disabled.
Garek casts Entice Gift on Shiiman who fails his save (I rolled to save time), and on his next action must do all he can to deliver his sword to Garek, or one of the other three. If Garek dies before Shiiman's next moved then it will be nullified.
Shiiman Shifts his aura, draws his weapon, and casts his spell.
E3 casts Bane (Basically just countered bless)
Almandias sighs (Which is a full round action :P) and draws his weapons.
Gloria's attack strikes only two of her intended targets dealing miniscule amounts of damage.
E2 shouts a word in Draconic (Translating to 'activate') and his ransuer's blade begins to burn, with a sickeningly liquid blue flame and he moves to the side of Garek.
Math orders his dog and draws his huge ass weapon.
E4 copies the actions of E2.

From the looks of it only Gloria is the only one who ahs moved but it really only looks like she floated five feet up.
E2 and E4 are now adjacent to Garek, and E3 is still across the bridge.

Cogito
2008-02-10, 07:21 PM
Math

Math swiftly casts Lion's Charge upon himself and charges forward with a roar and a leap towards the nearest opponent.

(((Charge boni included, full attack because of spell, Power Attack for -5,+10)):
A1:[roll0]
A2:[roll1]
A3:[roll2]
D1:[roll3]
D2:[roll4]
D3:[roll5])

The Great Skenardo
2008-02-10, 07:22 PM
Gloria Blackblade
With a scowl, Gloria acknowledges privately how little effect her magic had. However, she spreads her hands and chants another brief invocation.
"May the wings of Heaven speed us on our course!"

Afterwards, she floats a little higher to keep herself out of easy sword swing.

Casting haste on all allied targets, except Math's Dog.

Cogito
2008-02-10, 07:25 PM
((Nat 20, nice. Confirm Crit A2: [roll0], Crit D2: [roll1]))

TheMeanDM
2008-02-10, 09:45 PM
2nd round action:

Ozzariem scowls. "If death be the only way to reveal the truth of our words, then so be it."

Casting Inflict Serius Wounds, Mass
Damage: 3d8+14
Will Save for Half (DC 22)

Garek
[roll0]
Resistence penetration check:
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

WhiteKnight777
2008-02-11, 04:55 AM
Alamandias

Alamandias grins wide, and his eyes gleam evily as his swords spring into his hands, like living creatures as he surges forward. His fangs gleam brightly, and despite the size of his blades, he wields them with a deadly, deceptive ease. So be it. Give my regards to the ferryman when you see him. He laughs wildly as he charges the nearest opponent, suddenly his legs tense and he leaps over his chosen target, landing behind him with deft grace as Reason surges towards his unprotected vitals with a hungry gleam.

[roll1]

[roll2]

[roll=Damage]1d10+19d6+14

JackMage666
2008-02-11, 02:59 PM
Shiiman

"I warn you, villian, that this sword will do next to nothing against myself or my companions. If you still wish to take it, so be it, but the blade is made to harm the foul denizens of the underworld, not those of mortal flesh and blood."

Shiiman speaks as approaching Garek. He uses his wings to glide towards him, moving faster and farther (40 ft, rather than 20 ft, arcing over, if possible, to avoid attacks of opportunity), and presents him the sword.

The Necroswanso
2008-02-15, 06:18 PM
In the order of events:

Ozzariem casts His spell, though it doesn't seem to have too much of an effect.
Garek readies a spell.
Shiiman delivers the sword and Garek takes it as an immediate action.
E3 moves across the bridge, diagonally from Garek, and attacks Shiiman, missing however.
Alamandias attacks, but as he is neither flanking his target nor is the target flatfooted, he gains no extra damage, but still strikes his target.
Gloria succesfully casts her spell
E2 attacks Alamandias for 15 damage: 6 fire, 4 ice, 5 slashing.
Math pounces on his enemy and his claws cut deep, destroying the darkwood armor and exposing the ribcage. With a horrified shreik, E2's eyes roll into the back of his head and his soul passes from his body.
E4 turns to attack Alamandias, but fails.

Round three please. And please bear with me on being a little late updating and what not, I is on vacation ^_^

TheMeanDM
2008-02-16, 11:40 AM
"As lies have blinded you, so too shall the light of truth!!" Ozzariem says, pointing his scimitar at Garek and barking out a strange, sharp word.

grr..damned site/lag BS!!

Casting "Power Word Blind".

No saving throw. If he has 200 hp or fewer, affects him for 1d4+1 rounds.

[roll0]

[roll1]

The Great Skenardo
2008-02-16, 11:49 AM
Gloria Blackblade
Gloria smiles slightly as the strains of magic knot within her and quicken her reflexes. It was exhilarating.
"And now," she says, floating forward on ragged black wings a mere five feet with startling quickness,
"Taste the wrath of Blackblade!"
Gloria snaps her silvered fingers with a clink, and out of a nowhere springs a massive blade, black, curved and wicked and its edge incandescent white.
With both hands, Gloria brings the blade down on Garek, intent on cutting him in half!

Full attack on Garek, Power attack of 5.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
EDIT: Nat 20 threatens

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]

Cogito
2008-02-17, 07:28 PM
Math

Math takes a few quick steps so that he and Alamandias flank E2 (or E4 if that is closer) and attacks him.

((Attack:PA:-5: [roll0](+2 flanking bonus)
Damage:PA:+10:[roll1]))

WhiteKnight777
2008-02-20, 11:54 AM
Alamandias

The vampire, having driven his blade deep into his opponent's soft flesh, continued with unrelenting ferocity as his companion came to aid him. A vicious smile on his face, he continued to fight, his blades dancing and weaving as he mixed blood and steel in a harmonious song of entropy unleashed.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]

[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]

The Necroswanso
2008-03-01, 01:22 AM
About the only thing interesting to note in the last round was Garek being smacked so hard it practically knocked him into the river, carrying him and Shiiman's sword off.

As you began to pick off the rest of your enemies there was a loud cracking noise, and from across the bridge, you were able to witness Felicia's return.
"Well Garek I trust you-.... Oh. Well, this will never do."
Though her vocie was calm her eyes burned with an unnatural rage. She heald her hands up, and two black bolts shot forth from her hands, tearing the souls of Shiiman and Math from their bodies.
"I trust you'll remember to stay out of my way."
And just as quickly as she arrived, she was gone. A sickening smell drew your attention to your fallen comrades gear, which had turned an inky green color, and began to melt.

2,500 exp for ya'lls.

TheMeanDM
2008-03-01, 08:04 AM
woot for xp! :smallcool:

"She will pay for her deception, I shall see to it." Ozzariem growls low in his throat.

"As is customary after battle, to the victor goes the spoils." He dismounts and begins to search the bodies of the fallen elves. Garek was a caster of some sort, perhaps he had items that would aid the party as well.

The Necroswanso
2008-03-01, 12:59 PM
About the only thing interesting to note in the last round was Garek being smacked so hard it practically knocked him into the river, carrying him and Shiiman's sword off.

No amount of search checks in the world will find Garek's equipment now.

On the remaining bodies however you are able to find the following:

18 days worth of salted meats, Darkwood fullplate, ruined darkwood fullplate, Twilight mithril breastplate, (Assuming you use you low levels spells to identify, you don't need those anyway) 3 +4 Ransuers of Frost, and Fireburst, 3 really nice looking capes that bare strong Abjuration auras, but you are unable to identify, a Scarab Buckler, 14,000 gold in assorted platinum pieces and jewels, and a brooch with strong necromancy but unidentifiable.

WhiteKnight777
2008-03-01, 02:06 PM
Alamandias

Alamandias picks up the brooch, thoughtfully turning it over in his hands. perhaps I should hold onto this until we can have someone identify it. Even if its effects are... hazardous, it's probably less likely to be detrimental to myself.

The Great Skenardo
2008-03-01, 08:51 PM
Gloria Blackblade
Gloria winces as the two are reduced to green ooze, and she looks around, seemingly a little surprised at Ozzariem's seeming apathy.
"Don't everyone give eulogies at once," she mutters, looking around for any other threats. After a few minutes, she shrugs and snaps her fingers with a dull metal clink. The sword in her hand vanishes, and after a minute the metal armor recedes from her captivating face, a bit nonplussed.
"I'm gonna...I'm gonna suggest that we go ahead and go quietly from here on out..."

The Great Skenardo
2008-03-04, 09:42 PM
Gloria Blackblade
Gloria shows little interest in most of the spoils of war, but she does scoop up a few handfuls of platinum to put in her pouch.
"If you're done lingering...we really need to get out of here. You know, before the psychotic bitch comes back and kills us too?"
The shadowy wings around her beat, yet do not disturb the air as she takes a seat on thin air, placing her chin in her hands.
"Why is everyone around here so powerful? I've never even heard of any of them, and yet all these people are stronger than the legendary Gloria Blackblade."

TheMeanDM
2008-03-06, 04:01 PM
Ozzariem folds the cloaks and places them in his backpack. He ties the powerful Ranseur to his horse.

"I suspect that these men were supplied from that's woman's forces, or allies." he shrugs.

He gathers up a few handfuls of the platinum coins and places them in his sack. (say, 500 total) He also grabs a few of the jewels, placing them inside his sack as well.

"I'm more surprised that these men would be walking around with such a huge amount of loose coinage and gems." he muses.

[ooc]
1) who attacked Garek? I thought the vampire was attacking some other guy (#4 or #2) and Math was attacking #2.

2) may I have my Power Word: Blind back?

The Necroswanso
2008-03-06, 07:54 PM
OOC: Someone obviously. And no you can't have your PW:Blind back. That was one of the causes of him falling into the river.

The Great Skenardo
2008-03-07, 10:32 AM
Gloria Blackblade
Gloria sighs and takes one of the ranseurs as well, tying it to the magical mount.
"Whatever. Let's just go."
With that, she alights upon the ground once more and mounts up. Without so much as a glance at the bubbling green ooze that was her former companions, Gloria rides on.

WhiteKnight777
2008-03-10, 11:52 PM
Alamandias

Alamandias shrugs at Gloria's comments as he too mounts up, ready to move on.

One of the rules of the universe, I think. No matter how strong one becomes, there's always someone out more powerful out there, and most likely looking to ruin your night. Or day, as the case may be.

The Necroswanso
2008-03-13, 11:49 AM
As the recent loss of your companions hangs over your heads you continue on your way over to Carpathia. The day drags on and your thoughts occasionally return to the strange tree you saw this morning. And as you thought deeper about the conversation with the lich, confusion seemed to follow you.
But as the day came to a close, and the sun began to set, you saw the old town, a good 4 miles in the distance.

The Great Skenardo
2008-03-13, 02:24 PM
Gloria Blackblade
Gloria swings herself off the saddle gratefully as the night's travel appears to come to a close.
"Gods, I hate travel." She leaves the magical horse to do whatever, not even bothering to hitch it to anything as she walks around a little.
She places a silvery hand on her hip and squints into the gloom, looking off at the few lights coming from the distant town.
"I'm not in the mood to go there tonight, not if there's a fight waiting for us. Didn't the chancellor say that some upstuck anal-retentive control freak took over recently there?"
She spreads her hands to the side, and the ragged shadowy wings again spring from her back. She floats up and takes a seat in a nearby tree.
"So not in the mood tonight. We'll deal with it in the morning, if we do anything about it at all."

TheMeanDM
2008-03-14, 09:46 AM
"I agree that should we wish to enter town, tomorrow when it it light would be better." Ozzariem says, dismounting from his horse.

"When you all are ready, I will be able to...feed...us once again." he says, glancing at the vampire.

The Great Skenardo
2008-03-15, 09:44 AM
Up in the tree, Gloria gazes moodily down at the weird thing with the free-floating head. It hadn't really been stylish to ask earlier, but...
"Hey, Oz; don't take this personal, but what the hell are you, anyways? I've seen angels and demons and saints and shades and all that, but everyone I've ever met kinda, you know, kinda needed a neck."

WhiteKnight777
2008-03-15, 06:38 PM
Alamandias

Alamandias smiled as they moved to set up camp In my experience, even the most 'anal retentive', as you put it, always has a weakenss. A vice. a crack, a chink in the armor... I'm sure we'll be able to find something to use to our advantage.

He laughed again when Ozz glanced his way. Don't worry, I can take care of my own needs... I'll just find something small an unwary and take my repast that way.

At Gloria's second comment, he shrugged a little Oh, I don't know... ever seen a beholder?

The Great Skenardo
2008-03-15, 06:41 PM
Gloria
Gloria snorts and waves her hand.
"That doesn't count; those things are all head and no body."

The Great Skenardo
2008-03-15, 06:51 PM
Gloria
Gloria snorts and waves her hand.
"That doesn't count; those things are all head and no body."

TheMeanDM
2008-03-16, 08:17 AM
"No offense taken, Ms. Gloria." Ozzariam says, his head swiveling to look at her. A smile appears on his face, friendly. "I am of the Lumi. My people dwell within the great Light. I believe you humans have dubbed my home the 'Positive Energy Plane'."

The Great Skenardo
2008-03-16, 08:58 AM
Gloria Blackblade
Gloria listens, chin in her hands as Oz explains.
Gradually, She floats off the branch and back down to the ground. She holds out her hand, and the silvery armor flows off her body and into a globe in her hand. she stows it away and tends to her golden hair.
"Huh," she comments
Hey, why don't you tell me more over dinner? Your treat." she adds, with a wink.

WhiteKnight777
2008-03-16, 12:54 PM
Alamandias

Alamandias lay back on a convenient tree branch, his lithe limbs dangling lazily, grinning broadly as he looked down at the two of them. Positive energy plane, huh? Don't invite me home for dinner.. he chuckled a little Not that I thought there was much danger of that anyway.

TheMeanDM
2008-03-17, 10:53 AM
"Yes indeed, my home would not be very welcoming to your kind." Ozzariam nods at the vampire.

He grasps briefly touches the amulet at his neck and speaks a few words, and the magnificent table and food appear as they did last night.

"The Light has always been, and will always be. The Light is not simply the source of creation, as some supposedly 'learned' people believe. The Light is creation itself. The Light created all living things. We, the Lumi, were created from the first rays of The Light to be guardians, servants, messengers, and worshipers."

He continues talking of his people as he eats. "But The Darkness struggles against The Light constantly. It consumes, destroys, and through its darkness breeds chaos. The Lumi seek to bring Light to the Darkness, order to chaos, and creation to destruction."

WhiteKnight777
2008-03-17, 07:18 PM
Alamandias

The vampire grinned the same Cheshire cat grin, draped across the branch comfortably, speaking down to the two on the ground

Hmmm... you know, that's a little different from the way I've heard it told. Of course, I'll add as a caveat that the fellow I heard this from was a necromancer, so his biases are a just a bit different from yours... anyway, the way I heard it was that the positive energy plane is, indeed, the raw stuff of creation... the very essence of life, birth, all that sort of thing... but it is creation without purpose. It's energy that has to be harnessed, and has no sentience. It creates because it is, just as the flip side of the coin, the negative energy that is my own... well, call it rebirth, exists pretty much to destroy. Entropy incarnate and all that... Neither of them are necessarily concious, though Alamandias shrugged Eh, that's just what I was told when I asked. The old man always did have a habit of overexplaining things. The original question was why it stung so damn much when I bit through a paladin's holy symbol. He grinned wider, chuckling a bit at the memory.

TheMeanDM
2008-03-17, 08:24 PM
"Of course he would espouse those ideas. That's one thing that the Darkness thrives on and fosters: deceit. When the Light of Truth is shone upon it, though, it shrivels and dies." he shrugs.

He stretches his luminous arms above his floating head, his joints popping slightly.

"Someday, perhaps you'll see the truth of the matter." he says simply.

The Great Skenardo
2008-03-17, 10:08 PM
Gloria Blackblade
Gloria takes up a seat at the table happily, once again serving herself with abandon.
Around a mouthful of fruit, she comments "I sunburn easily. The shade's good enough for me, most of the time."
She laughs, quietly, then, looking at the apple in her hand.
"Yeah, some of us? we didn't get to choose where we stand. Like you, I guess; when you got made, you traded in your neck for a hard-on for rules. Whatever."
She flicks a hand through her golden hair, and picks up a goblet of wine, swirling the liquid in the cup for a little while before drinking.

WhiteKnight777
2008-03-17, 10:35 PM
Alamandias

Alamandias had to laugh a bit at the Lumi's words. No disrespect, but that's what every two-bit zealot I've ever met said. Me? I don't think there's such a thing as objective truth. It's a hell of a lot easier to say 'well, I'm right and everyone who disagrees with me is heathen scum' than it is to actually look into the matter and try to see whose words make the most sense. If you want my personal opinion, though, nobody's ever going to be completely right, because what you think is right is colored by the things that make you... well, you. Everything we see, hear, touch, taste, smell is... how did that philosopher put it... "through a lense tinged by the colors of existing experience." Smart guy.. knew him... what was it, two hundred years go? I think. Anyway, like I said, brilliant fellow... probably why he needed to drink all the time. It's a lot easier to see things with comforting ideas like "right" and "wrong" than to face the thought that maybe those things aren't even real.

The vampire shrugged, nodding in agreement with Gloria. I didn't ask that necromancer to change me... though it's a hell of a lot better than what I was before.. he trailed off, then shook his head. and I don't remember too clear, but I'm fairly sure I didn't ask to get made into a vampire in the first place.

TheMeanDM
2008-03-18, 08:02 PM
Ozzariem says plainly. "I do believe that this world, and indeed, all worlds, would be far better off without the influence of Darkness and the Chaos that it breeds. I work toward that goal in all things I do." he chews upon a grape. "It is not right and wrong...good and evil, some call them...that I espouse, Alamandias. It is Order versus Chaos, Light versus Dark, Truth versus Deception. There are some of my race who do advocate such fancies as good and evil, but I am most certainly not one of them."
He smiles at the vampire. "The Lumi too have philosophers among them. One of whom said '"One cannot see their reflection in running water.'"

The Great Skenardo
2008-03-18, 08:20 PM
Gloria Blackblade
Gloria spears a slice of meat with a fork.
"Eh, philosophers. Bunch of stupid old men trying to make a wasted life count for something."

The Necroswanso
2008-03-18, 10:12 PM
As the conversation carries on you eventually notice the return of the image of the lich. Though now he appears more human than before, and tangible.
Though you're just now noticing him, you can't help but feel he was there all along. Just sitting there, enjoying a few grapes and the conversation.
"Oh no, please. Don't mind me. Just enjoying your chit chat. But hey, no neck, if it amuses you I can tell you what happened when I created a plane without chaos or evil."

WhiteKnight777
2008-03-18, 10:16 PM
Alamandias

Alamandias looks over at the lich, a little perturbed, momentarily, both by his sudden appearance and his casual mention of creating whole planes of existence. But the vampire was nothing if not adaptable. He grinned wide suddenly, chuckling with mirth.

Mmm.. I love stories. Let me take a guess: Nothing happened, because without opposites everything was stagnant?

The Great Skenardo
2008-03-18, 10:40 PM
Gloria Blackblade
Gloria says nothing. Her blue eyes blaze as she gazes at the shade, and the magically-conjured fork actually begins to crumple in her grip, tightening involuntarily. It's hard to read the Aasimar's emotion, though...Fear? Rage? something else?

The Necroswanso
2008-03-18, 11:54 PM
"Close," the lich said, regarding Alamandias' statement. "But not the case.
No, as a matter of fact when they were faced with no evil, no chaos, the population split itself in two. One side claiming it was some sort of law based heaven, the other side claiming that it was hell, a world without free thought or random acts of expression. On the brink of war the two factions came to an agreement, it couldn't have been either, as they still aged, and lived, and died. This was in fact no heaven, nor hell and war wasn't going to decide what it was. So they lived, roughly a good twenty years. Until monotony, and the inability to act on a whim caught up to them.
Four hundred-trillion men, elves, dwarves and all manner of folk inbetween, committed suicide from the most controlled insanity conceivable. It is now populated by a few thousand of the most content Cleircs and Paladins you've ever seen.
That is what happens when Law, and Good are the only functioning factors in the world. Now," His voice lowered, the night seemed to have set in rather quickly, and the moon was black, "Would you like to know what happened in a world of pure chaos?"

WhiteKnight777
2008-03-19, 12:12 AM
Alamandias

Alamandias chuckled at the dark tale, enthralled despite himself. The old lich seemed like he might be just a little barmy... particularly with all this god-play. But then again, he knew... and he'd heard as well, that the line between madness and genius was razor thin. And, after all, when you have that much power in your ancient skull, who are lesser creatures to judge you? and for that matter, where does the line between mortality and godhood truly lie.

A brilliant tale... and I'd be delighted to hear the sequel... just one question, though... where did you get all the people from in the first place? I don't pretend to be a spell-weaver, but I understand that the creation of intelligent beings is singularly difficult, particularly on such a scale.

He paused a moment, as if thinking...

Might as well have another guess...hmm... well, in a world of true, undiluted chaos, nothing could really live, because there'd be no continuity of consciousness. No causal flow to give what we call reality any meaning.

He grinned a little. This sounded like another morality tale about balance; he wondered if the lich had a twist ending.

The Great Skenardo
2008-03-19, 12:22 AM
Gloria Blackblade
Gloria sits still, barely even paying attention to the lich's voice. But her gaze keeps returning to the leathery skin and bone where a face might have once lurked on his skull. Her gaze is searching, but for what...?

TheMeanDM
2008-03-19, 08:49 AM
"I venture to say that you have forgotten the part of the conversation when I said that I was against Darkness, Chaos, and Deceit, m'lord Necrom. Good and Evil are..fancies..that some subscribe to. I do not, but that does not mean that I am against them. One may choose to do with their power and knowledge what one wishes, so long as there is a counterbalance to it. It is order and structure that I strive to bring to a troubled, chaotic world such as this." Ozzariem says, putting down the gold cup.

"Not the tenates of good or evil."

The Necroswanso
2008-03-19, 03:26 PM
The lich laughed.
"Then you, no neck are a fool. Subscribing to law, without subscribing to another extreme is the similarity of subscribing to nothing. You will accomplish nothing seeking to destroy this "darkness" without a simple application of law or chaos. Ever wonder why druids live in the woods? It's because their works are so un-unilateral, that their work anywhere else, would fail to have an affect. Your 'light' as you call it isn't the essence of simple lawfulness, it's the same cause that the god Heironeous follows. Law and chaos are nothing when not accompanied by an extreme.
And to answer the question of what happens in a plane of pure chaos.
Well, the schoalrs now call it the "Far Realm", and the mindflayers think it's some sort of god.
And as to how I got all the people onto my 'lawful' plane. Well, at any given moment there are atleast a number incaculable of people who would rather be on any other plane but their own. I simply reached out to their psyche with my own, and pulled them to my plane. Simple as that.
Now, onto business."
The lich took a drink from a silver goblet.
"The last time we met you asked me a question so vague it couldn't possibley be answered. Why do you continue towards my mountain?"

The Great Skenardo
2008-03-20, 02:11 PM
Gloria Blackblade
Gloria looks from side to side.
Speak up you idiots! Don't keep him waiting! Argh...
The golden-haired woman gulps, and then speaks
"Your...brother sent us. He said you would help us find a paladin wandering the East who has a demon-killing sword."
As Gloria speaks, she traces a finger along the edge of a goblet in one hand.

TheMeanDM
2008-03-20, 02:51 PM
(the site is killing! me today with non-responsiveness! grr!!!)

"Correction, Gloria." the lumi says. "He is a paladin in the South." he says.

"But the rest is accurate. Your brother instructed us to seek you out, relying on the your brotherly relationship with him...and the fact that having a world run by demons may not be in your best interests as much as his." he says to the lich.
"In fact, I seem to recall that your brother said the following. Mind you, this isn't verbatim. He described it as a very large sword, that can destroy 'the lords of hell themselves'. It is carried currently by a Paladin in the south, the only problem is your brother (and we) don't know who he is. This sword is also an artifact, passed down by the family for centuries."

He continues.

"Your brother also said that this paladin is apparently protected by some ancient powerful magic, which has prevented your brother from learning the paladin's name and or specific location."

He smiles at the lich.

"I suspect that your brother sent us to find you because anyone who is capable of creating an entire plane of existence most certainly should be able to foil some petty ancient spell that protects a simple minded paladin carrying an oversized armor-opener."

"If these magics bested the best mages your brother could find, I doubt very much that they would best you, m'lord Necrom. Such a challenge might be worth your attention, since playing god with planes has apparently gotten boring for you."

"But I would understand if you don't want to battle some ancient magical challenge. I'm sure you've more important things to do at this moment."

appealing to his vanity, his sense of "I'm a living god, there isn't anything I can't do...especially since I can create planes."

Diplomacy (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/diplomacy.htm) check: [roll0]

The Necroswanso
2008-03-20, 04:36 PM
"And that's how you go about getting answers!"
The lich exclaimed joyfully.
"Asking me about a paladin who wields a sword capable of hurting a demon is asking me to list every paladin known to man and gods. You need specifics Ms. Backblade. To get the propper answers, you must first ask the propper questions. As sir no neck has done. If my brother has truly sent you, which I'm assuming he has considering you carry our sigil, then you will most likely be searching for something far more impressive than a simple longsword made out of cold iron."
The lich rubs his hands together for a few moments.
"I do however recall some information on this sword. Some ancient-ass weapon, made of mithril or something or another. No books on it, no legends beyond what my brother knows.
I myself have been searching for such a weapon. Only problem is I can only override so much magic. And if it's a magic I don't understand, I can't break it. And unfortunately, even gods don't know everything. The best I can offer you is that by the time you reach my mountain, I'll have gathered only the most basic of information on it. Name, location, etcetera. It will take a few days, but I've got the time since it will take you some few days to get here. I'll see what I can find out."
The lich sighed. Apparently their innevitable meeting wasn't going to ammuse him.
"However, you now have to answer a question for me.
A good long time ago, I created three beasts. Humans and elves alike called them the Elder Beasts. Dwarves called them The Kings of all Monsters. And wee folk try to forget their exhistence.
One, was the largest land creature you'd ever imagine. A Wumpus, whom I named Behemoth. A thunderbird, the size of four ships, I named Zyz. And the great sea monster, a hybrid of a lobster, a whale, and a squid, named Leviathan. Now, Leviathan can't come on land for more than a few hours. But Behemoth and Zyz seem to be tracking you. Why is this? And what the hell is that," he points behind himself, and the lage orange bush from before was sure enough, sitting there. "Doing here?"

TheMeanDM
2008-03-20, 04:57 PM
"That's an orange bush, m'lord." Ozzariem says, chuckling. "I must say that I'm rather surprised that it's here. We saw it last night when we camped. So it is apparently following us as well."

He shrugs. "If it intended to harm us, I suspect that it would have done so by now, or done so while some of the group slept."

He puts a finger to the side of his chin.

"As for these other mythical beasts following us, I could not say. You are their creator and master, so you say. Would you not be able to perhaps ask them?"

The Necroswanso
2008-03-20, 06:05 PM
"That, is not a bush. That is a wumpus. Atleast, a sleeping wumpus. You either have something it wants, or it likes you. And I intend to find out why.

As for the elder beasts, I would ask them, but they do not speak like you and I do. And as you may have guessed, if I don't understand their motives, it's because I no longer control them."

WhiteKnight777
2008-03-20, 07:55 PM
Alamandias

Alamandias laughed, glancing slightly over at the strange orange bush. He was beggining to worry a bit about this lich... his powers were... disturbing, and if the threats they were going to face were equally potent, he wondered if even his skills would see him through alive, let alone successful... He sighed a little. Ah well, nothing for it, really.

Personally, I think I'd rather avoid them... As for why they're tracking us, I honestly have no idea. The thought is, to say the least, more than a little disconcerting. What do these elder beasts have in common, besides you as their creator?

The Necroswanso
2008-03-20, 08:29 PM
"Have in common? Well, for starters there is no creature in known exhistence larger than these. They communicate with each other telepathically, and they can't cross the mountains. But they are bound and determined to do so, simply to get to you.

The only person who can kill them is their creator, and there in lies the problem. You see, I am over 4,672 years old, atleast that is how old I was when I stopped keeping track of time. I have only spent around 2,000 of those years as a lich.
You see, I am a very powerful necromancer. So powerful infact that when I beconme a lich, I do it only to prolong my life cycle. Then, I destroy my own phylactery, manifest my soul into an empty body I had created, and simply ressurect myself through it. I've lived a very long time, had over 76 wives, and countless children. ((Show me a will save Skenardo)) However, the last time I became a lich, something went wrong. One of the gods destroyed my phylactery before my shell was complete, and so, I had to transport my soul into my "father's" body. I call him my mother because he was the progenitor of my new body. He fathered Erdrik and I. Only now, because the body was not my own creation, I no longer hold the power I once did over my creations. And now, the only thing that can destroy them is a weapon I have been crafting for a good millenia. It can destroy them because since the day I began creating I've been pouring my own essence into it. When it is finished, it will be able to strike the beasts down.
However, when it is done my ability to remain a standard mortal will be gone, and I will have to ascend to true godhood. And the laws are very much against gods slaying beasts on the material plane.
And so, that's where you all get to come in. I'm willing to make you a deal. No doubt by the time you reach my mountain I'll have learned about your paladin. So in exchange for this knowledge, I will finish my blade, you will kill my beasts, and I will impart all you need to know upon you. There will be no negotiating, and no reasoning. The monsters die, you get what you need to know. Agreed?"

TheMeanDM
2008-03-21, 01:02 PM
The lumi shrugs his shoulders. "You have us at quite the disadvantage, lord Necrom. As one of my former companions was fond of saying 'You hold all the cards.' Thus, I cannot see any recourse for us to not agree to your...bargain." he says.

"However, I am curious about a few things, perhaps one of which you can answer when we arrive at your castle. First, you mentioned that we shouldn't wake the sleeping wumpus. Should it happen to awaken, how best can we deal with it? My second question is regarding the elder beasts, and perhaps something we can discuss in more length later. Do they have any weaknesses?"

The Necroswanso
2008-03-21, 01:21 PM
"Unfortunately the only way to harm an awoken Wumpus is with a very powerful sword. One capable of damaging even the mightiest of demons."
((because I'm unable to describe power levels, suffice to say a weapon equivilent to a +7 weapon and Cold iron. IE: Vorpal flaming burst, +5 flaming burst, +6 Flaming, Keen Flaming Vorpal etc. Assume he imparts that unto you...Somehow.))
"A sleeping wumpus, is easily felled by a single arrow. But killing a wumpus in it's sleep, attracts the attention of more.
However, at first I didn't know that one was following you. This one is relatively harmless when not threatened. I call him Mr. Pinchly.

As for the weaknesses of the Elder beasts? If they had physical weakness, some halfwit barbarian or over zelous fighters seeking glory would be constantly trying to kill them. If they were susceptable to normal magic foolish mages from countless planes would be seeking them out.
No, unfortunately I am their only weakness. Not as I am, but as I was. Once I regain my original body I will be able to help you. But not until my swod is complete. The only thing I was able to do was banish them beyond the mountains..."
Here the lich's voice faded, grew almost, remorseful.
"Not so much banished, as locked. They weren't supposed to hurt anyone. They were supposed to be guardians. But their power grew too much. They gained an unnerving sentience. Than became violent. I don't know what they're trying, but I can guarentee you, if they get on this side of the world, this war will become less about preserving this plane and its people, and will become more about who will control it. Hell, or the Elder Beasts. So you can imagine why it benefits you a little more than just getting the information you need."

The Great Skenardo
2008-03-21, 06:03 PM
Gloria Blackblade
Gloria toys with the crumpled fork in her hand, still not making eye contact with Necron, or indeed anyone else.
She glances upwards as the lich adopts an almost remorseful tone, but then quickly looks back down again. In the normally-boisterous Gloria, this behavior is...unusual.

WhiteKnight777
2008-03-24, 07:17 PM
Alamandias

Alamandias sighed ruefully at the Lich's words... he stroked his chin a bit and rand his fingers through his jet-black hair, eyes glittering a bit in the low light.

Mmm.. well, we shall just have to make sure we reassemble your sword, then... you say you will need time to tell us more about the paladin we're seeking... can you give us any advice regarding the path to your mountain, any dangers we might avoid or the solutions to any puzzles we might face?

As to these elder beasts, I don't suppose there might be a way to turn them against Hell without putting ourselves in deeper trouble than we're already in...

The Necroswanso
2008-03-24, 11:29 PM
"As long as you carry my brother's sigil, your path will be safe, and clear.
As for the monsters, if I could use them safely, do you not think I would have?"

The Great Skenardo
2008-03-25, 11:24 AM
Gloria Blackblade
Is he going to hang around here forever? Gloria thinks to herself, somewhat irritably. Abruptly, she drops the crumpled fork to the table and says,
"Okay, got it. Kill the beasts. I'll um, go take first watch now. We'll be on our way. Yeah."
Hells, I'm sweating like a prostitute in church. I need to get out of here. Her angelic face clearly troubled, Gloria stands and gestures, making a brief incantation. There's a short flash, but Gloria stands at the table for a full six seconds, looking around before fading away from view.

The Necroswanso
2008-03-28, 02:09 PM
((Guess I'll make the next move than.))

"Good, so we are in agreeance." The lich rubbed his hands together.
"I shall see you next, when you arrive at my estate."
The man clapped three times, and vanished.

TheMeanDM
2008-03-28, 02:41 PM
"I do so hate not being presented much of a choice in matters." Ozzariem sighs, frowning. "But if our mission requires such, then that is what we must do. Though, fighting beasts, no matter how legendary, is not my idea of a glorious engagement."

He shrugs, and puts down the fruit he had been 'eating'.

"A fine evening to you, Mr. Pinchly. I suspect we shall see you tomorrow." he says, saying his 'good night' to the supposedly sleeping Wumpus...whatever that creature might be.

He rises and goes to sit in front of the fire, basking in its warmth, but more importantly to him, its light.

The Great Skenardo
2008-03-31, 09:41 AM
Gloria Blackblade
Gloria sits silently in a nearby tree. The whole experience had...rattled her more than she cared to admit.
You know, killing them all would be a lot easier now that there's just two left...
Shut up
The vampire would be a challenge...but you could probably do him first; the Lumi wouldn't mind, I'll bet.
Shut up!
Honestly, you can't be thinking of trusting them, can you? They already know too much about us.

"Aaargh!"
Gloria's frustrated cry rings throughout the glade. In the tree, the lovely Aasimar crosses her arms and glares at nothing at all.
Forget it. I don't need to listen to you right now.
With a rather determined manner, Gloria settles down in a crook between two jutting branches and begins to drift off to sleep.

TheMeanDM
2008-04-01, 09:51 AM
Somewhat accustomed now to the..odd..outbursts of his female companion, Ozzariam swivels his head around to look at the woman.

There was some relationship between her and the lich, he was certain of it. Each time that he appeared her...mood...changed quite suddenly.

"Why does Necrom affect you in such a manner, Gloria?" he asks gently. "I have seen him looking at you, as if he knew you from somewhere. Do you know him?" his tone is calming, reassuring, and full of...trust.

The Great Skenardo
2008-04-01, 11:35 AM
Gloria Blackblade
See? They're starting to ask questions. Maybe you could just hide his head somewhere he won't find it...
Shut up.
Gloria slowly uncrosses her arms and braces them against the branch she sits upon. She cranes her neck a little to look down at the Lumi below, a strange fire in her eyes.
"Scalpels and a cage, and a torn and dirty shift."
With that somewhat cryptic utterance, Gloria leans back once more against the tree trunk.

WhiteKnight777
2008-04-01, 08:49 PM
[B]Alamandias[/B

Alamandias gave an uncomfortably predatory grin in the Lumi's direction.

Mmm... well normally I would agree... fighting animals is hardly my usual forte... on the other hand, these are monsters of legend, and I wager they'd be a challenge beyond challenges... He grinned wider Besides... I'd wager their vitae is... intoxicating

He looked over at Gloria, arching an eyebrow at her outburst, but saying nothing. The girl had secrets, that was plain, but then again so did he. He stared up at the sky, enjoying the familiar sights in an inconstant world as he settled in for the night.

The Necroswanso
2008-04-04, 02:20 PM
I'm going to guess you all simply sleep then?
Okay.
This night isn't as eventful as the last, and you merely sleep as you would normally have.
Morning comes, and you can't help but feel a little disappointed.

The Great Skenardo
2008-04-04, 07:24 PM
Gloria Blackblade
Gloria arises, grateful for the respite. Her golden hair catches the dawn sunlight as she drifts down from the tree on shadowy wings.
Alighting upon the ground, she looks around for her companions.
"Right...so, we're not really going into town, are we?"

TheMeanDM
2008-04-05, 09:15 PM
"I see no pressing need to do so. Our business is with Necrom, not the townsfolk."

Ozzariam looks around the campsite, curious to see if Mr. Pinchley, the wumpus, is still around.

The Necroswanso
2008-04-05, 11:01 PM
The wumpus is indeed still there.

The Great Skenardo
2008-04-06, 08:10 AM
Gloria Blackblade
Gloria nods, but then looks at the vampire, standing so unobtrusively nearby.
"Oh yeah...You probably need to feed, don't you? You do know you're not getting any of my blood unless you get it all, right? I've got enough pains in the neck to deal with. And...I thought of a couple things I need to buy, too. Yeah, I guess we better drop by the city. This stupid polearm is too valuable to leave behind, and it's awkward."

WhiteKnight777
2008-04-06, 09:00 AM
Alamandias

Alamandias nodded slowly Yes... I can subsist on animals, but frankly it's the equivalent of eating gruel when there's ever so many juicy stakes just wafting their scent at you... so a change of pace would be delightful, since one of you is loathe to give up anything sanguine and... frankly I don't want to try drinking from Ozzy, even if he has something like blood... He shudders a little, then grins. Besides, no neck

TheMeanDM
2008-04-07, 08:42 AM
"I do not think it wise to risk exposing yourself as a blood feeder, simply for the sake of your appetite for 'steak'. You would be risking bringing unwanted attention down upon us." Ozzariam says. "The wrath of an entire town does not balance your need for different sustenance."

The Great Skenardo
2008-04-07, 09:36 AM
Gloria Blackblade
Gloria says nothing at first, but she smirks as Oz speaks.
"Hey now; what kind of a bloodsucker would he be if he couldn't be stealthy when he needed to be?"
Besides, if he gets caught...I can make people believe that the Great Gloria Blackblade is shocked to find out that her newfound companion was a creature of the night. Yes...
Gloria smiles a little wider and more angelically,
"But surely, Alamandias...surely you're strong enough to live like an ascetic a little longer? For the good of our mission and the world?"

WhiteKnight777
2008-04-14, 01:03 PM
Alamandias

The vampire smiled that chilling, predatory smile he did so well, shrugging his shoulders in a vauge, noncommittal way. Certainly... If that means you're offering your neck if I start to get really, really hungry. He grinned and winked at her in a way that made it questionable if he was joking or not. You do look like you'd be quite... spicy. An interesting flavor.

The Great Skenardo
2008-04-14, 04:16 PM
Gloria Blackblade
Gloria smiles a crooked smile.
"My blood? Spicy? Silly vampire; my blood runs with the blood of angels. Probably it'd rot your teeth."
She flicks a curl of golden hair behind her ear.
"Now if we can be serious for a moment," she says, with a gleam in her blue eyes,
"Let's get going; I want to see if I can hock this glaive for something more useful."

WhiteKnight777
2008-04-14, 05:12 PM
Alamandias

Alamandias gave Gloria a pointed look and shrugged his shoulders, unable to resist delivering a final remark. Some things are good enough to risk a bit of pain. He chuckled a little, then winked and fell silent, nodding Aye, best get moving... The sooner we get this part done with, the sooner we can move on.

The Great Skenardo
2008-04-14, 06:05 PM
Gloria Blackblade
Gloria lets the remark pass. She was starting to find out what made the vampire tick.
With a businesslike air, the Aasimar delves into the somewhat stained magical sack and pulls forth two more of the mount scrolls. She reads them aloud and then, without a scroll at all, repeats the incantation, creating three horses out of nothing.
She saddles up her own horse.
Now, to make myself a little presentable.
Using an elementary cantrip, Gloria sweeps the dust and grime of travel from her clothes and hair, leaving the metal skin gleaming like a liquid mirror as it stretches across her clothes and up to her neck.
"'Kay."

The Necroswanso
2008-04-15, 01:49 PM
As you begin to make you way towads town you hear a very loud stomping. Turning around you come to find that the large bush, had grown into an even larger creature.
This "wumpus" stood thirty feet tall, it's body consisted of the strange orange brown hair that was thick yet stringy. It's head was a rounded, almost like a human head, only it seemed to be entirely made of this hair. It's eyes were black and empty save for small red dots that you assumed made up the pupil. It's legs, long an elephantine were the only hint of what it may look like under that strange colored hair.
Mr. Pinchly let out a rough bark, much like that of a dog trying to get your attention. As a matter of fact it sounded just like a large dog. It didn't seem like it was going to hurt you, more like it wanted to simply follow you.

The Great Skenardo
2008-04-15, 04:19 PM
Gloria Blackblade
Gloria looks up and further up as the Wumpus stands to its full height.
Glancing a little nervously side to side at her companions, she says
"Er. We have a pet now? A pet legendary monster?"

TheMeanDM
2008-04-17, 07:13 PM
"I suppose I should have asked Necron what a wumpus eats." chuckled Ozzariam.

"Gloria, do you have any rations to spare?" he asks his companion.

Taking some bit of rations from her, Ozzariam holds it out in front of him as he approaches the wumpus.

"Good morning, Mr. Pinchley. Want a treat?" he asks, waving the ration back and forth a bit.

Have been out of town from Friday till Wednesday this week.

My mom was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. quite the kick in the nuts.

WhiteKnight777
2008-04-17, 07:17 PM
Alamandias

The vampire pantomimed asking the heavens in a pleading manner, while mouthing the words "Why me?", then sighed, shaking his head. There are times when I think whatever being created the universe has a very perverse sense of humor. I suggest we continue on and ignore it.

The Great Skenardo
2008-04-17, 10:44 PM
Gloria Blackblade
Gloria decides not to argue as Ozariem asks for the rations, and she hands over some jerky taken from a pouch.
"O-kay..." As the party begins to ride, she wonders idly whether magical horses would make suitable bait for a large orange creature.

The Necroswanso
2008-04-17, 11:04 PM
((While it's good to see you back MeanDM, it'd be nice for a personal headsup next time. I don't make full use of the facilities.
I checked your sheet and I won't be needing the original Will save I asked from you, but, you're lawful correct? If so, give me a Fort save, if not, ignore.
Sorry about your mother, I've lost my grandfather, stepgrandfather IE: My mother's stepfather, and my step grandmother to cancer and my grandmother is going soon. Life's a bitch, but I hope your mom pulls through.))

The wumpus simply cocked it's fiendish head at Ozzy, however it leaned forward to smell the jerky. in much the same way a dog turns down food it dislikes, the Wumpus snorted. It stood up straight and let out an eerie howl. All within 60' feet of it now have Improved Uncanny Dodge, and Improved Evasion for sixteen hours, if they are either Lawful, Neutral (Chosen between chaotic and Lawful), or Good aligned.

(((Oh, and if you don't like the Wumpus, just be gald it's not another retarded Mind Flayer pretending to be a Mind Flayer. It used it's hand to pretend it had tentacles and sucked on the party's monk's foot trying to get his brain...Be glad you got the GOOD companion...I have problems...)))

TheMeanDM
2008-04-18, 10:25 AM
"Sorry, Mr. Pinchley, I don't have anything else. If I see Necrom again, I'll be sure and ask him what you would like." Ozzariam says, pocketing the ration.

He turns back to the summoned horse, mounts, and heads off after the other two members of his team.

one fort save, coming up

1d20+24=38 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1569347/)

The Necroswanso
2008-04-18, 12:02 PM
((Finally someone doesn't get Eight-billion. Well congratulations.))

As you all begin to make your way towards the town, you hear a light stomping, signifying that the wumpus is following you.
As you draw closer to the town the sky begins to darken. At first you beleive it's just clouds comming in before the rain, but eventually come to realise the sky itself had turned completely grey; nolonger the blue it once was. Whether by magic or simply natural causes, is beyond you. Unless you have Knowledge (Forbidden Lore).
The town is filed with grey buildings, shadows of a once colorful thriving city. The structures themselves seem to lean forward, almost sighing. Mostly made of brick very few wooden structures exhist here. There are very few people walking the streets but the ones who are pay very little attention to you.
Your lack of attention however brought you to wonder about the wumpus, who you came to find had not come into town with you. Infact he stayed a good 90 feet oustide of the town.

You enter the town into a small market district. To the north is the church and a grand cemetery, to the south is standard housings and a library. Further west is the sheriff's office and local jail.

TheMeanDM
2008-04-18, 12:53 PM
For DM:

To Mr. Pinchley, when he mentions Elders and Ancients.

Familiar with telepathy, Ozzariem is not surprised at the mental message, but more surprised that it comes from such a creature as this...wumpus.

"Is this an ancient?" he mentally asks, projecting a mental picture of the semi-fleshed Necrom that he saw near the fire.

"Quite the odd turn of weather." Oz says casually. "Not a very...receptive...town, I must say." he adds.

Spells for the day:

Level 0:
x2 Guidance
x2 Cure Minor Wounds
Read Magic
Detect Magic

Level 1:
Gravestrike
Sign
Bless
Nightshield
Cure Light Wounds x2
Omen of Peril
Protection from Chaos (Law)

Level 2:
Cure Moderate Wounds x2
Restoration, Lesser
Close Wounds
Protection from Negative Energy
Infernal Wound
Spiritual Weapon (War)

Level 3:
Blindsight
Demon Dirge
Fell the Greatest Foe
Knight's Move
Dispel Magic
Searing Light (Sun)

Level 4:
Moon Bolt
Sound Lance
Wrack
Restoration
Divine Power
Fireshield (Sun)

Level 5:
Life's Grace
Revivify
Triadspell
True Seeing
Flame Strike (War)

Level 6:
Lucent Lance
Heal
Dispel Magic, Greater
Blade Barrier (War)

Level 7:
Slime Wave
Holy Star
Sunbeam (Sun)

WhiteKnight777
2008-04-18, 01:01 PM
Alamandias

Alamandias looks around curiously, his mouth curved in a wry smile Not terribly inviting at all... and certainly not some place I'd enjoy vacationing in, even if the light levels are pleasant enough... let's see if we can find out anything and get out of here as quick as we can.

The Necroswanso
2008-04-18, 01:57 PM
(((By the way I may be having a Bard joining you guys soon. Maybe.)))

Far outside the town the wumpus howled. This wasn't the eerie howl from before, this one sounded much more like a warning. One in such a way a rooster might call it's hens back.

TheMeanDM
2008-04-18, 02:11 PM
"Do you all get the same sense that I do...that perhaps we shouldn't be here?" Ozzariam asks.

to DM:

Projecting back to the wumpus:
"Can you show me an ancient? Or an elder?" he asks, hoping to receive a mental picture of what an ancient or an elder looks like.

Upon hearing the wumpus' howl:

"You do not like us in the city? Is there danger for us?"

edit: knowledge check, religion, to determine "who" the church is dedicated to, and any relavent information about said god/goddess:
Know: Religion (1d20+11=28) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1569627/)

The Great Skenardo
2008-04-18, 02:55 PM
Gloria Blackblade
Gloria looks around the monochrome city, her nose wrinkled.
"This is disgusting. No color, no life, no nothing. Not even sure I want any money they'd have here."
She takes a second, more appraising look around.
"It looks a little like the plane of shadow, But things aren't wispy or crooked. I guess it's just a boring dump with a weird sky."
She manages a short melodious laugh as Ozzariem makes his concerns known.
"I would've thought you'd like it here; all dull and boring."

The Necroswanso
2008-04-18, 03:49 PM
As the church's tower rises high above the other buildings a symbol is visible. Ozzariem's knowledge check reveals it to be a symbol of a long forgotten branch of a St. Cuthbert inquisition. All the churches however had been closed up and locked tightly over twenty five years ago.

Ask Ozzy and ye shall receive:
You can telepathically feel the wumpus shudder. Time slows down, and he projects you the last image he saw of the ancients.

You're standing high in the moutnains, you know you're high because a stern wind is blowing. You're on some sort of ledge in the jagged beige mountains. Out across the land all is flattened, and ash colored, all the way out to the sea. Something draws your attention, the wind abruptly stops. You look up and are met with teeth, collosal, cone shaped teeth. The beast steps back, it's a wumpus, though it is different. No human shaped head, simply a large mouth the same size as the torso, and what a torso it was. Collosal didn't begin to describe the monster.
It stood, tall as the mountains and just as long. It's thick hair blowing in a wind it's body blocked. The hair ended early on this beast and it's dark elephantine body could be seen along with it's miles of legs. An ancient dragon would call this monster huge. ((for rules, it's collosal collosal. About 10 categories larger than collosal.))
The beast stood a good tthree miles tall. And as you looked upon it's horrible visage, you came to know things you'd never known.

Out in the distance you could see a bird, miles upon miles away this bird was. It's sillouhette looked like an albatros except it had boney feathers. Everytime the bird flapped it's wings great tornados would kick up. And out in the water, you could just abrely make out the shade of an indicernable monster breaching, directly on the horizon.
The image faded. You couldn't help but feel you shouldn't have seen what you did. You even began questioning if you truly saw it. Grant me a will save. You also now have 2 ranks in Knowledge (forbidden lore), however you won't be ale to use the skill unless you fail the save. Which intentionally failing is not reccomended.

The wumpus speaks the following name slowly, "Behemoth."

TheMeanDM
2008-04-18, 04:21 PM
"By the Light...." Ozzariam says. Alamandias can 'smell' the scent of primal fear emanating from the lumi, who looks visibly shaken, for some reason. The normally serene look on his face has been replaced with one of...dread and horror.

[roll0]

*I guess I'll be writing those 2 ranks on my sheet!

If it matters, we had Heroes' Feast last night:
The ambrosial food that is consumed grants each creature that partakes a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and Will saves and immunity to fear effects for 12 hours.

The Necroswanso
2008-04-18, 04:46 PM
((The save is DC is 20, but you get the ranks anyway.))

The Great Skenardo
2008-04-20, 12:26 PM
Gloria Blackblade
The angelic woman glances at the lumi, a little concerned now. "What? What is it?"

WhiteKnight777
2008-04-21, 01:39 PM
Alamandias

A bit spooked by the Lumi's reaction, Alamandias' hands went to his blades, slowly wrapping hid hands about his hilts. Really... I'm not all that fond of Cuthbert's clergy myself, but...

TheMeanDM
2008-04-21, 06:33 PM
The lumi can only say one word, his eyes going wide as he speaks.

"Behemoth" he says, awe apparent in his tone.

The Great Skenardo
2008-04-21, 09:00 PM
Gloria Blackblade
Gloria bites her lip and mutters a quick incantation. After a few seconds, she lifts an eyebrow and turns back to the Lumi.
"No, no I'm pretty sure that's a church. I mean, you're the expert on light and all that, but I know a church when I see one."

TheMeanDM
2008-04-22, 09:44 AM
Ozzariam's pupil-less eyes seem to regain their focus as he looks at Gloria.

"I..am sorry. I have never experienced anything so...." he pauses, as words fail to convey his feeling. He simply shrugs.

"You are indeed correct. That is a church. An ancient church, if my religious studies are accurate."

He sighs, then shakes his head as if he were clearing away some mental cobwebs.

"Before we entered town, Mr. Pinchley contacted me telepathically." he looks toward the vampire and then toward Gloria. "Yes, the wumpus is intelligent. More intelligent than any of us ever suspected." he says, cutting off the sarcastic comments he had come to expect from one or the other--perhaps both.

"He is..old. Ancient, perhaps is a better description. He knows this place, and he and his kind avoid it. He said that they haven't been around here since the 'ancient ones', because of the elders influence."

He runs a hand across his bald head, an odd move, it would seem.

"I asked him if he could...show me...what an ancient looked like." he visibly shudders, just before he launches into this description.

"Behemoth is as tall as...a mountain. Literally. His maw is nearly half his body. Zyz, the great thunderbird, has a wingspan miles wide. It creates tornados when it flaps. The Leviathan...well...though I could not see it from my vantage point, it was a shadowy figure in the ocean, nearly half the horizon wide."

"As I said, Mr. Pinchley noted that the elders have influenced this place. What he showed me were the ancients...not the elders."

He looks around the town. "Whatever the elders are, we best be on our highest guard. If something as old as Mr. Pinchley does not tread here...." he lets the comment go unfinished, the silence speaking for itself.

The Great Skenardo
2008-04-22, 11:42 AM
Gloria Blackblade
Gloria bites her lip.
"Yeah, okay. So...what you're saying is we've got our work cut out for us, huh?"
She clasps her hands behind her back, looking around.
"What's so scary about this place anyways? It's just...boring."

TheMeanDM
2008-04-23, 11:25 AM
"I wouldn't call it a suicide mission, but..." he shrugs again.

He looks around the town. "There is just..something..I don't like about this place." he says.

He murmers the words to a spell, then one more, for good measure.

"Perhaps we should try an inn or tavern." he mentions.

Protection from Chaos (120 minutes)
Sign (120 minutes)

The Great Skenardo
2008-04-23, 02:54 PM
Gloria Blackblade
Gloria glances over at Ozzariam as he makes his incantations. Almost mimicing his motions, she performs a short incantation of her own, although the gestures are different.
"O-kay. But We're just taking a short look, then; we're not staying the night, all right?"

Cast Protection from Evil.

TheMeanDM
2008-04-23, 03:33 PM
"I am perfectly happy to not spend the night here." Oz agrees.

He ponders a moment, looking around. "If this is Carpathia, I recall that his highness would be interested in any news about it." he sighs. "Like I said, though, spending the night would not be my first choice."

from our original meeting:

First, and about three days travel from here, is Carpathia. A small town, that we have no jurisdiction over. Some time in the last decade some lawul twit blows in there on his pale horse, and the town practically drops off the map.
If you are able to bring any news of what has happened there, I would be more than grateful.

The Necroswanso
2008-04-26, 02:45 AM
So, does this mean I will be receiving gather information checks?

TheMeanDM
2008-04-26, 09:53 AM
(I thought it meant that you'd point out an inn/tavern to us :smallsmile: )

Ozzariem walks up to one of the locals.

"Excuse me, is there a tavern or inn about where we might rest for a bit." he asks.

[roll0]

The Great Skenardo
2008-04-26, 10:13 AM
Gloria Blackblade
Gloria sighs, and begins making her own inquiries.

[roll0]

WhiteKnight777
2008-04-26, 12:24 PM
Alamandias

Alamandias sigs, looks to the heavens with his hands outspread once more, as if imploring, mouthing the words "Why Me?" He then chuckles, shrugs it off and moves around. He decides against trying to gather any additional information, however - he's not terribly good at it, and he tends to evoke a negative reaction in people - so he stays put, leaning up against a wall and waiting for the others to return.

The Necroswanso
2008-04-26, 02:07 PM
You're able to locate an Inn and tavern located in to the west.

We'll assume you go there...wink.

As you enter you can see the place is rather busy, however as busy as it is, everyone seems to be keeping their attention as far away from the booth in the back corner as possible.
You spot a rather, questionable looking woman siting there (Cue: The Snark), speaking with an all familiar character, however, something is much different about Necrom this time.
He has absolutely no traces of being undead, he wears a set of travellars pants and boots, however where there would normally be a shirt, there are instead mummy wraps. His hair surrounds his head in several tight braids, and he seemed to be wearing some sort of newfound crown.
They seemed to be engaged in some sort of conversation, that Necrom rather seemed to enjoy.

TheMeanDM
2008-04-27, 11:14 AM
(visiting my mom today/monday/tuesday)