PDA

View Full Version : The Blood in the Shadows, A WFRP campaign



Engineer
2008-01-19, 12:06 PM
Here you guys go:

Attilargh:

As you are cleaning up the inn for morning along with the other servants, Elfrida, a nice human woman from Altdorf, and Konrad, a poor peasant boy who moved here a few years ago and the most senior servant in th inn, you three notice a leaking sound coming from the stairs leading up to the room. Assuming some one broke a chamber pot and you did not notice, Konrad orders you to deal with the unpleasant mess. Obediently you head to the stairs and find no chamber pot.
A drop of blood hits the back of your head, looking up you find the body of Johann, a servant who has been missing since last night. His body lies pinned to the ceiling by three large spikes. His blood leaves a trail of blood down the

Whose in the inn?
The inn is divided into two levels. The bottom level holds the kitchen and the bar, while the top level holds the rooms. The inn is a square building near the center of town, and is 24ft. by 24ft. The top floor is divided in two by on long hallway, and the stairs are at the west end of the hallway. Each sides holds three room, which are about10ft. By 8ft. Each room has a small bed and closet. In th inn currently are:
-One halfling who described himself as a “liberator of the underclass” and called himself Rudi. He is in the west most room on the north side. (Ghul Marak's character).
-Two mercenary types from the south and east. They called themselves Efrid and Gert and they arrived last night. They are on the west rooms on the south side.
-A local layabout called Pieter. He drank himself into a stupor last night and paid you a few pence for a room. He is in the middle north room.
-A hunter called Magnus, who boasted last night of his skill with the dagger and drank a lot of mead. Comes in every few years, saying he has relatives here. No one knows if he does or not, but the gossipers got tired of talking about him a few decades ago. He is in the northeast room.
-A woman called Silma, who came in last night near the end of hours and demanded a room. She had a very forceful personality and for a few shanks got the south easternmost room.

Vazzaroth:

It is morning in the garden of the Lord of Death & Dreams, and priest Dermut has roused his fellow members of the Order of the Shroud. Awaking you and the other priest (it's a small town and there aren't that many dead, except during plague season) you recall vague memories of Blood and Gore from your dreams. And a mask. A red mask. Things are fuzzy early in the morning. As you begin to pray in the main chapel footsteps are heard near the gate. Glaring at the door Dermut then looks t you and rising you walk over to the door. There stands a watchman, with a bag dowsed in... blood.
“Here. We do not know who these... pieces belong to, and all we found was... this.” From a pocket he produces a small watchman's hat, blue with a tiny piece of brass stuck to the front. Handing it to you it feels a little too thick in one part.”All we ask is that you bury the body and try to identify it.” He drops the bag and skittishly hurries away from the dark and dour building of death.

proud_walker:
You've been on the night watch and now as the sun rises you prepare to go home with a pocket full of brass. As you are about to leave you notice a large man walk up to one of the carts from a newly arrived boat and reaching in grab a package. He proceeds to hurriedly walk off in the direction of the warehouses.

Ghul marak:
You are awoken by the screams of your fellow patrons. Opening the door you se one of the servant's dead body pinned to the ceiling by three daggers. His blood is now dripping onto the wooden stairs and leaving a trail of blood down the stairs. Your door is also splattered but only in area just at your head height, and oddly enough the floor and lantern are completely clean unlike the rest of the inn's second floor.

Ghal Marak
2008-01-19, 08:53 PM
Rudi

Rudi stared dumbly at the door, eyes wide. Then, slowly, he turned and looked up at the corpse on the ceiling. “Oh… oh gods. This… who.. wha…" Utterly dumfounded by the scene of senseless violence lay out before him, he walked past the dripping blood, walked down the stairs being careful to avoid the blood, and approached the bar. “I need a drink. And maybe a pie or two.” He didn't say it to anyone specifically, he was more hoping that the barkeep will hear him.

Vazzaroth
2008-01-19, 10:53 PM
Ulrich

Ulrich looks grimly at the bag.
Well, I suppose we should do what we must.
Ulrich bends over and takes a look inside the bloody bag.

proud_walker
2008-01-20, 04:35 AM
Henning is tired but the past few days was too boring. So he thought
"Hell, lets give it a shot!"
He starts to walk carefully at the direction of the man, always leaving enough space between them.

Engineer
2008-01-20, 08:49 PM
Ghal Marak
The Bartender notice you and says, "What's the problem?" as he reaches for a dirty glass and calls back to the kitchen "Hey, a pie here for the halfling!"

Vazzaroth
Inside the bag is a man split into parts. Many of them are overed in strange scar markings, triangles with a line coming off of it. The parts seem quite fresh and cleanly cut.
Make an Academical knowledge Check (Theology) at -10%

proud_walker
He walks quietly and quickly away, twisting around the warehouses until he reaches a small hole in the ground. He jumps in and you can hear a soft splashing noise.

Ghal Marak
2008-01-20, 09:16 PM
Rudi

Rudi stared at the Barkeep. "Did... did you not hear the scream?!? There's a dead body up there!! Bloods everywhere!!" He put his face in his grubby hands, muffling his voice. "I should’a just stayed back home!"

proud_walker
2008-01-21, 02:39 AM
Henning waits for a few seconds and then approaches carefully.
"This is getting more interesting..."

Vazzaroth
2008-01-21, 03:39 AM
((I'm still new to WFRP, does simply having a skill give a 10% mastery bonus, or does that just start when you have taken it a second time?))

[roll0] VS Int 31 - 10 = 21

proud_walker
2008-01-21, 04:57 AM
I think you get 10% bonus the second time you get it

Engineer
2008-01-21, 10:47 AM
I think you get 10% bonus the second time you get it Correct. In the future post this in the OOC thread, please.

Ghal Marak
"Wot, theres been a murda'?!". and he looks at the stares. Seeing the blood he puts down the glass full of ale and then falls back onto a stoool. Getting up he says, "Will need tu call the Watchmen. Urghh." adn then qwalks out the door. The cook comes out looks at the blood and faints.

Vazzaroth
You do not recognise the strange symbols on his flesh. Dermut calls your name and then points toward the mortuary room.

proud_walker
As you aproach the hole you can hear him splash off towards the town.

Kojiro Kakita
A week ago, a strange group of Beastmen cam to the edge of you people's lands. Ambushed they fought and then...retreated. Such strange behavior from a group of the warped has caused concern amongst the elders of your glade. They dispatched you to find out how they are led so well. You have tracked them for eight days now and they have fled the area of your and heading towards the mighty river Reik. There they ambushed a poor ferryman. unconcerned with the death of a human you crossed the river and now find yourself near a town. The beasts have entered a small cave which your finely tuned senses tells you leads to the filthy sewers.

Kojiro Kakita
2008-01-21, 06:52 PM
Relar

Keeping his cloak wrapped around him, so that his facial features were covered, Relar entered the town. Although he normally preferred to remain out of human towns, after all what were they but large signs that told ones enemies that we are here so come and attack us, he decided that the beastman problem would require the help of humans. Walking over to the temple of Morr, the human version of the Goddess Morai Hag, Relar knocked on the door of the monestary.

Ghal Marak
2008-01-21, 10:47 PM
Rudi

Rudi walked over and kicked the cook. "Hey, wheres those pies? This is a horrible thing that has happened, and I need to eat to forget it. Or get drunk. Getting drunk is good too."

proud_walker
2008-01-22, 03:42 AM
Is there any way that henning won't make any noise as he gets into the hole?
If not he goes to the first sewer manhole in the town

Vazzaroth
2008-01-22, 12:16 PM
Ulrich

Unfortunate.

Ulrich holds the bag in front of him and carries it to the room Dermut pointed out.

Engineer
2008-01-22, 08:20 PM
Kojiro Kakita
There is no door but, in the absence of one you knock on the side of the gate.Inside you see three figures beginning there morning prayers. An old man and a younger if middle aged man are bowed low towards a statue of the death god. walking away from them a youngre man holds a dripping bag of full of something.

Rudi
The cook does not respond. From above you hear sounds of a scuffle from above. Shouts can be heard and some strange cursing that sounds vaguely southern. Tilean?

proud_walker
The sewers are old, very old. originally high elven then dwarvish they are labrynthine and i would not suggest going into them from another point. They are also do to their vast size rather empty with very limited amounts of water. If you want to you can decrease your move by one and not enter the water. This should be quieter.

Vazzaroth
Upon hearing the knock on the gate, an exasperated Dermut says "leave the bag in the mortuary room, and then please talk to our good visitor here." He sighs and once again begins muttering Ancient.

Vazzaroth
2008-01-22, 10:00 PM
Yes sir. Busy day...

Ulrich hurried across to the mortuary and quickly deposited the drenched bag. He came back to the gate and cracked it open. He speaks in a low, even-tone voice.
Do you require the services of this garden of Morr this morning?

Ulrich is a young man dressed in his traditional black robes, and has his head shaved bald.

Ghal Marak
2008-01-22, 10:37 PM
Rudi

Rudi looked up at the stairs. "Eh?" He looked back down and kicked the cook again. "Hey, something is still goin on up there. Go check it out." Still receiving no response, Rudi sighed. "I just wanted some pie." Rudi walked over to the stairs and started the climb up. He was careful to avoid the blood, and kept his ears open for more sounds.

Kojiro Kakita
2008-01-22, 11:16 PM
"Human, I found a body outside of the town. The man was mauled by Beastmen. I know you humans have many complicated and required rituals so you may want to get the body or what is left of it," Relar replied in clipped Reik.
"Furthermore, where can I alert the town watch, I traced some bandits to this town but they disappeared into the sewer system."

proud_walker
2008-01-23, 04:32 AM
Henning realizes that the only way to get in there soundless is slow way.
Grabbing the beginning of the manhole with both hands, he let himself fall only when he is fully streched

Engineer
2008-01-23, 09:34 PM
Vazzaroth and Kojiro Kakita
Across the small gate you two see a tall robed human and a strange cloaked elf. Behind the human you can hear the low chanting of the preists. The humans hands a re drenched in blood and one carries a small hat, blue.

Ghal Marak
At the top of the stairs you see the mercenaries and the Hunter shouting and yelling at each other. The Mercenaries are screaming, "Look at these knives! They are from Talabecland! Who else would carry knives from Talabecland, but the hunter who so proudly boasted oh his skill with the dagger and how his daggers are made from the finest forges of Talabec?" In reply the Hunter shouts, "You Tileans! So untrustful of us! Who else would carry out such an act of depraved murder than those who ar epayed to kill?" Ignoring the fact that he is payed to kill, if just (?) beasts. A trail of vomit leads to the drunkards room, and the strange women sits quietly in the back playing with a small pence. up and down, up and down....

proud_walker
make a Silent Move and Agility check The sewere is dark and poorly illuminated by the small amount of manholes. Seeing you, the thief begins dashing off hampered by the water.

Ghal Marak
2008-01-24, 07:00 PM
Rudi

Rudi shook his head and shouted. "Hey! Knock it off, you great dunderheads! Look at it!" He jabs a finger at the body pinned to the celing. "You think anyone could do that? No, I think it was... an Orc!!" Rudi crossed his arms and glared at the men. "Damn orcs always killin' people." He didn't really believe it was an orcs work. If it was an orc, it was a very self-restraining one. And there was no such thing. "Besides, the guards are gonna be here soon anyway. Let them sort it out."

Engineer
2008-01-24, 10:38 PM
The mercenaries curse in Tilean and then say, "Orcs! Hah! That makes less sense then this damn frigid land! No orc could have made it in here what with us near by!" The hunter adds, "Not with me you mean! And the Empire is far better than any of of your strange nations! Can't even muster a real army!"

Make a Peception Check

proud_walker
2008-01-25, 05:42 AM
[roll0]
The first is for silent move and the second for agility check
Both checks are vs agility 32

Engineer
2008-01-25, 10:53 PM
Ghal Marak:
You notice that the strange woman has some knives, with a hilt like the one that the man is killed with.

proud_walker
You land right on the edge, but he hears you. he turns and upon seeing you, dashes off.

proud_walker
2008-01-26, 05:24 AM
Henning shouts
"Wait! Don't make this harder for you!"
Can henning follow him if he runs?

Ghal Marak
2008-01-26, 05:21 PM
Rudi

"Hmm... secuse me gents." Rudi pushed his way past the Tileans and the hunter, and walked up to the lady. "Scuse me miss. Change for a shilling?" Rudi stuck his hands down his pockets and tried to sneak a peek at the knife again.

Engineer
2008-01-27, 10:29 PM
(where are Vazzaroth and kojiro?)

Ghal Marak
2008-01-28, 12:55 AM
(I dunno. Poke em?)

Vazzaroth
2008-01-28, 01:04 AM
((Sorry, I was at a friend's house for a while.))

Another body? An ill-fated day indeed. We have discovered... part of one as well.

((I'm confused about the other people we saw. Are they inside or outside the Garden gates?))

Kojiro Kakita
2008-01-28, 07:20 PM
OOC: I couldn't post until V did so.

IC:
"I see," Relar said with a pause. "The one I saw was killed by a beast man. How about the other body?"

Vazzaroth
2008-01-28, 08:29 PM
Hacked to pieces. Or... well, I don't know how he came to be in the state. Beastmen... Keeps getting worse and worse.

Engineer
2008-01-28, 11:23 PM
proud_walker
(OOC: Yes) he turns and shouts, "Harder! Ha! you will end me and that is sometihng i will not let happen quite yet!"

Ghal Marak
Definately like the knives that pinned him.

Vazzaroth:
(OOC: They are inside the garden wall.)

proud_walker
2008-01-29, 04:27 AM
Henning runs while he holds his knife

(I didn't had any time to buy weapons, but i suppose i can a have at least a dagger. If not, just tell me and i will edit the post.)

Kojiro Kakita
2008-01-29, 10:09 PM
"I see. Well, I saw them heading towards the sewers of your town and I plan on pursuing them. However, I think I may need some help, so if you can kindly point where I can get assitance...." Relar replied.

Ghal Marak
2008-01-30, 08:56 PM
Rudi

Rudi, not waiting for what the woman said, turned back to the mercenaries and walked over to them. "Gentilmen, I know who did it now." Dramatically, he whirled around and pointed an accusing finger at the woman. "It was her! She has in her hands a dagger exactly the same as the ones that killed that poor fellow!"