PDA

View Full Version : I need stats for a mount

Goats_o_Mjolnir
2008-01-20, 01:22 AM
Im doing a norse campaign, but i cant seem to find stats for rams/goats of medium to large size for use as a mount for a pally. Does anyone have relevant stats?

RTGoodman
2008-01-20, 01:45 AM
I seem to remember a picture of a big ram with sharp horns and glowing red eyes, but I can't seem to remember what is or where I've seen it.

However, I do know that Races of the Wild has the Brixashulty (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/row_gallery/86666.jpg), which is a horned sheep thing that halflings use as mounts and pack animals. They're Medium-sized.

Maldraugedhen
2008-01-20, 02:35 AM
This being the homebrew forum, I would anticipate someone will homebrew one. Just give it a minute. If nobody does, I might eventually.

KingGolem
2008-01-20, 12:12 PM
Here you go, I just made this one. Look over it first, I haven't statted up an animal in ages, so there might be a few flaws.

Riding Ram
Large Animal
Hit Dice: 3d8+2 (16 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 50ft (10 squares)
Armor Class: 12 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +2 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 11
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+9
Attack: Horns +1 (1d6+1)
Full Attack: Horns +1 (1d6+1)
Space/Reach: 10ft/5ft
Special Attacks: -
Special Qualities: Low-light vision
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +1
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 13, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 11, Cha 4
Skills: Balance +7, Listen +3, Spot +2
Feats: Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush
Environment: Cold Mountains and Hills
Organization: Domesticated or Herd (6-20)
Challenge Rating: 1
Advancement: -
Level Adjustment: -

Combat
Riding rams are relatively territorial. If anybody gets too close to the herd, than they may attempt to bull rush their foes off of the mountain.
Skills: Riding rams have a +4 racial bonus on Balance checks.

Carrying Capacity: A light load for a riding ram is up to 200 pounds; a medium load 201 – 400 pounds; and a heavy load 401 – 600 pounds. A riding ram can drag 3000 pounds.

Goats_o_Mjolnir
2008-01-20, 02:29 PM
I like it, thanks a lot :smallbiggrin:

KingGolem
2008-01-20, 04:39 PM
Well your very welcome. :smallsmile:

BisectedBrioche
2008-01-20, 06:21 PM
Riding rams are relatively territorial. If anybody gets too close to the herd, than they may attempt to bull rush their foes off of the mountain.

Surely an animal which has been dormesticated to the point where it is considered a "riding ram" would have been trained to be less aggressive than that?

KingGolem
2008-01-20, 09:02 PM
Surely an animal which has been dormesticated to the point where it is considered a "riding ram" would have been trained to be less aggressive than that?

Ahh, that's a good point. What I mean is, that riding rams are naturally aggressive creatures, but they have their aggressive natures supressed in the training process. There are both wild and domesticated riding rams, just like there are wild and domesticated horses. I called them "riding rams" because that was their intended purpose.

BisectedBrioche
2008-01-20, 09:19 PM
Ahh, that's a good point. What I mean is, that riding rams are naturally aggressive creatures, but they have their aggressive natures supressed in the training process. There are both wild and domesticated riding rams, just like there are wild and domesticated horses. I called them "riding rams" because that was their intended purpose.

Fair enough.

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-01-20, 09:31 PM
And if you want to get a little fancy you can also check out my Storyhunduy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11693)