PDA

View Full Version : Corrath - Group 1 IC



Threeshades
2008-01-20, 02:01 PM
The crowded streets of Rynna. People of all kinds sizes and shapes surround you, pushing back and forth caught up in their petty fight for survival most of them call a life. The walls of the gargantuan nested buildings equally forming shelters and streets on different heights are covered in posters advertising the impending Procession Of The Great Beast or displaying propaganda defaming guilds while glorifying others and graffities painted by rebelling factions or mindless vandals.
The actual ground is far below your feet. Down there, in the soils of the city are the areas of the homeless and those useless to the society of Rynna. Far above your heads in the highest towers of the white marble buildings the rich dwell, ignorant of the diseases of the city.
An old woman with a crooked spine, clothed in dirty brown rags tries to hold on to Scabi's sleeve and speaks to you in a faint shivering voice "Spare a coin for an old beggar?"
As soon as she finished her sentence a city guard appears from amidst the growd, pulls her away from you and beats her to the ground and drags her away.
Far away in front of you, you see the shape of The Red Tower, guildhall of Cythian, reaching far above all other buildings of Rynna. A young white haired man in burgundy red robes sought your attention in a ragged tavern and told you the administration of Cythian sent for you as they needed a group of mercenaries.

Fights should be posted in Initiative order.
Everyone pick a speech color as normal.
OOC comments and all rolls should be done in a spoiler tag at the end of the post.
If you plan on a series of actions just write it down as if the rolls succeeded and make all the rolls in one post. If at any point a roll didnt succeed I will write to you what happened instead and you should edit your post accordingly.

OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3811407)

Lochar
2008-01-20, 02:34 PM
Morin

Morin frowns at the old lady when she tugs on Scabi's sleeve, and the frown only slightly alleviates when the guard takes her away. "Entirely too many people, I would think." he says, half to himself, half to the others.

The little crystal that floats next to his shoulder bobs. Indubitably. But to help one requires us to help them all. Do we wish to do that? it sends to Morin, telepathically.

"Not today." Morin sends back to the crystal.

FullPlateJacket
2008-01-20, 02:42 PM
Albireo
((Speech color is Dark Red))

Albireo sighs, staring up at The Red Tower. "Man, it's been a while since I've been here." He turns to the rest of the group. "Everyone, be on your best behavior - these guys are sticklers when it comes to ettiquette and the social order."

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-01-20, 02:50 PM
Scabi is a very tall, dusky man of indeterminate age who seems to loom far more than even his impressive height can account for. Though lanky and muscular he exudes a sense of power beyond that of his muscles. In fact his entire presence is of sensuous menace despite the mild expression of perpetual thoughtfulness. Perhaps because of his dark eyes which burn with intelligence and dark passion.

His apparel is strange with a long, sleeveless cloak that crosses itself in front, and behind to form forked tails. It is held around the middle by a sash of braided gold silk. His pants are loose, though made of a heavy, durable cloth. His feet are shod with soft shoes with thick but flexible soles.

What looks like all the world as a section of piping protrudes from a halter upon his back, the object overlaid with a shining layer of glinting silver. Black leather has been wrapped about one end for grasping.



As the woman grasps his sleeve and begins to plead he looks into her eyes with a hint of recognition. As she is pulled away he pauses a moment and then says to the others with a voice deep, polite, and beautifully seductive, "I will rejoin you in but a moment. Please, continue on."

He steps right into the thick of the crowd, which seems to part and envelope him immediately as if brushing through a field of grass.

Lochar
2008-01-20, 02:59 PM
Morin

The Xeph frowns again as Scabi leaves, although he has watched the man do it before. "Don't cause too much of a problem." He says, right as he looses track of the man in the crowd.

The crystal bobs again. Follow him, Morin?

Morin shakes his head, the black and silver hair shaking as well. "He'll be fine. If he gets in trouble, it will be easy enough to find him afterwards. He isn't one that leaves well enough alone."

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-01-20, 03:01 PM
Krark strides through the crowd, which parts around him as the denizens of the city attempt to stay out of his way. Krark walks with a somewhat apish gate, slumping forward and walking with his knuckles as well as his back legs. A long dark metal halberd is strapped to his back and he wears dark leathers studded with metal made of the same dark material as his halberd. His eyes, though red, are icy and cold, and as Scabi moves off he merely grunts in response. and when Albireo speaks he scowls Obviously they've never had a Tanarukk in for company.

Lochar
2008-01-20, 03:04 PM
Morin

"They're looking for mercenaries, Krark. They've probably had plenty Tanarukk come through. I would assume in the social order, we rank right where we're supposed to. Expendable, yet worth a great deal to the right people."

FullPlateJacket
2008-01-20, 03:06 PM
Albireo

Albireo scowls and turns to Krark. "What's more likely is that a Tanarukk has walked in there and walked out bound to the guild by a spell rather than a contract. Get it? These guys are not ones you wish to trifle with."

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-01-20, 03:08 PM
Krark snarls, revealing his large powerful fangs Well then they deserved what they got, obviously they were to weak to resist the feeble trickeries of wizards, I am not so weak, and this Armor and my Halberd are proof and he grins savagely I don't care so long as theirs a fight at the end of this.

FullPlateJacket
2008-01-20, 03:15 PM
Albireo

Albireo sighs and shakes his head. "Well, if it's a fight you're looking for, you've certainly come to the right place. The guildmaster's arrogance and pride certainly get them into a lot of them. Lucky for us, we most likely will not be dealing with him directly."

Lochar
2008-01-20, 03:16 PM
Morin

"I keep telling you Krark, if you want a fun fight, let us find an arena or open area and I will let you fight Krys." He motions to the crystal floating over his shoulder.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-01-20, 03:31 PM
Krark chuckles deep in his belly mirthfully Why would I wan't to fight a floating hunk of crystal? No I desire a fight with a worthy foe in martial combat.

Threeshades
2008-01-20, 03:33 PM
As Scabi catches up with the guard, he finds him dragging the unconscious old woman down a narrow set of stairs that leads to a dark cornered corridor down to the slums. The guard doesn't seem to notice him as he pursues down the stairs.

----

The rest of the party hear a deep rough voice shouting over the voices of the crowd: "Today in the arena of Karrn: See the great Gorrn Two-Axe fighting a life red dragon!!"
Somewhere to there left an ogre was towering over the crowd holding up handouts of the Karrn guild advertising their next arena battle.

Lochar
2008-01-20, 03:34 PM
Morin

Morin chuckles as well. "You might laugh, but you've seen me turn into strange creatures before, have you not? I can have Krys turn into them as well. A hydra, for instance."

SirGhandi
2008-01-20, 03:49 PM
Pyll

The halfling (polymorphed form of the pixie, used in crowds and uncertain company) glares for a moment at the senseless violence of the guard. As Scabi parts company, his first impulse is to trot off after him. He starts too, but quickly turns back. Much too dangerous, getting between a beggar, a guard, and a, well, whatever Scabi was. Funny how he should look so obviously normal yet feel so dangerous.

"These Cynthians are masterful wizards, Krark. It wouldn't take a weak mind to fall victim to their magic. They know magic, and trust it just as much as you trust your strength. They live by it, and have focused it into weapons just as deadly as the steel you wield. We can fully expect that our dealings with them will include some magical prodding, and perhaps even an attempt at compulsion. I recommend you go along with it. Let their strength of magic lead to arrogance and then that's how we leave this place intact."

The diminutive man would have continued, but obviously something in the crowd or perhaps his mind distracts him. He abruptly goes quiet and and looks vacantly up above the crowd.

FullPlateJacket
2008-01-20, 03:49 PM
Albireo

Albireo smirks a little. "Or for some real danger, I could summon up something a little fiercer than normal. A hamatula, or maybe a bebilith, or a glabrezu..." He breaks out of his reverie when he hears the announcement. "Or, I suppose you could check out that Gorrn guy. He sounds tough."

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-01-20, 03:53 PM
"Excuse me..." Scabi begins, approaching the guard. He doesn't even glance around to see if he is being watched as he reaches out to crack the guard's head against the wall of the stairwell.


Unarmed Strike = [roll0]
Damage = [roll1]

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-01-20, 03:57 PM
Krark grins again My halberd and armor are also proof of my skill against my demonic kin and at the news of the Karrn guild he looks up Hmm, Karrn guild huh, I used to be in that guild, lets see what all the fuss is about he grins and begins moving toward the towering ogre, the crowd yet again parting like a sea before him.

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-01-20, 04:02 PM
As Scabi misses he turns his attack into an 'accidental' stumble down the stairs that 'nearly' causes him to strike the guard.

"These scum need drip all sorts of foul leavings upon these stairs to trip up a man..." Scabi says with a scowl.


Bloody Nat 1's...

Bluff = [roll0]

Edit: Figures... what a waste.

Threeshades
2008-01-20, 04:08 PM
Scabi's strike hits the unsuspecting guardsman at the shoulder plate of his scalemail armor. He drops the old woman and just barely manages not to trip down the slippery stairs. The guard turns around while drawing a longsword and starts shouting.
"What in the nine hells was that all about?! You have one chance to explain yourself!"

Make an additional attack roll to see if it just misses or is a critical miss.

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-01-20, 04:11 PM
Additional attack = [roll0]
Edit: Ok, the roller is deciding to have some at my expense today...

Threeshades
2008-01-20, 04:14 PM
"Well then." the guard sheathes his weapon again. "But what are you doing down here? There's nothing but filthy beggars down this way. Nothing to get except the filth fever."

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-01-20, 04:29 PM
Scabi

"This woman is a disguised informant and she was bringing me a very important message and you have just succeeded in nearly ruining a delicate operation!" Scabi says grimly. "The guild will not be pleased, and you can be assured your superiors will hear of it. What is your name?"

"And speak truthfully, or this will show me otherwise. It has been ensorcelled." he says, motioning to the rope belt about his waist.


Bluff = [roll0]
Intimidate = [roll1]

Threeshades
2008-01-20, 04:50 PM
"You dare threaten a man of authority? Here, she is. Go on whatever way you want but get out of my way, I do not care about your guild business and I owe your guild nothing!!"
The guardsman pushes up the stairs past scabi and turns around. "The guilds might have their hands everywhere, but we're not scared of you! You better stay away from me, or I wont hesitate to take your head off!"

Sense motive: 17
Intimidate: natural 20

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-01-20, 04:58 PM
Scabi is impressed in spite of himself and for a moment feels the unfamiliar sensation of facing an opponent that could endanger him. Such a man could be useful...

He closes his eyes and lies a hand against the wall, and a tic begins in his eyes, beating irregularly to a strange rhythm.

Come back... a disembodied voice whispers, echoing up and down the stairwell as a soft thrumming beats from all around.


Intimidate resistance roll = [roll0]

Edit: LOL, oh man, I'm about to strangle this roller.

Threeshades
2008-01-20, 05:16 PM
The guardsman turns back to Scabi and walks back down the stairs. "Yes?"

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-01-20, 05:42 PM
"I believe we got off on a bad start." Scabi says with a small nod to himself at the guard's response.

After gaining information on what the guard's name is, and where he lives, they both go back up and part ways. Scabi walks at an easy pace towards the guild house, catching up momentarily despite the crowd.

Threeshades
2008-01-20, 06:04 PM
The guard told you his name was Alfred Kal and he pointed you to a complex of buildings down the way you originally came

Scabi catches up with the party just soon enough to see Krark moving toward a lound and unusually articulate ogre.

I'll go have sme sleep now. Be back tomorrow afternoon.

Lochar
2008-01-20, 06:29 PM
Morin

"A live dragon, eh? A wyrming I wonder, or something that actually would stand a chance at hurting someone?" Morin follows Krark to find out more about this dragon.

Jael_Darkwood
2008-01-20, 07:46 PM
Jailbird

Jailbird watches from a nearby roof as his group works its way towards the tower. Looking down, he sees Scabi playing with the guard in the alley, and half-draws his dagger, a glint of steel that would draw the eye, if it wasn't surrounded and enfolded immediately by inky darkness. Walking across a thin board to the next building, he smiles silently to himself. Never a dull moment.

SirGhandi
2008-01-20, 11:59 PM
Pyll

"Hmm... Karrn arena? Sounds fun. Karrn tough with less brains than I got in my pinky toe, even more fun."

Pyll's attention snaps to focus, and as they approach the ogre, he scours the area, looking for anyone else that might also be representing the Karrn guild in the area.
[roll0] or if spot is more appropriate, then [roll1]

Threeshades
2008-01-21, 11:41 AM
@Jael
Could you please use a different color? i would like to keep grey shades for npcs

Pyll finds two red-bearded dwarves in half-plate armor bearing the symbol of Karrn, a longsword pointing downward crossed by a double-edged battleaxe and a warhammer both with head down over a plain kite shield, both of them carrying heavy shields and massive battleaxes as well as a white-haired elven woman in a shining, slender full-plate armor wearing a long deep red cloak sporting the same symbol and covering a long sleak sheath holding a large but elegant seeming sword. As he looks around further he spots two men in breastplate armor, one with brown short hair and a massive warmace on his back and the other one bald carrying a greatsword, both of them wearing a Karrn symbol on the left half of their breasplates.

The ogre is wearing a large battered breastplate with a row of rough carvings in the left shoulder plate obviously counting his slain opponents. A massive maul crusted with dried blood hangs from the ogre's belt.
First visibly confused by the sight of the stunted orc-blooded creature appearing before him the ogre then tries to put up a pleasant grin, with limited success.
"You look like a man who can enjoy a good fight to the death."
Before the ogre finished his sentence the elven woman pushes herself before him, with a sharp tone she scolds her tactless companion. "Do the shouting and leave the talking to us, Rogk!", her angry face immediately turns to a smile as she turns to Krark. "Sir, by your exquisite choice of tools, I'm sure I can say you are someone who can appreciate the thrill and the artistic side of an honest duel of two worthy opponents."

Krark, and anyone who is interested in this conversation, make a sense motive check against DC 18

Lochar
2008-01-21, 12:04 PM
Sense Motive: [roll0]

"Honest combat, eh? I don't think it's as honest as you'd like to pretend it is."

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-01-21, 12:17 PM
sense motive [roll0]

Krark smiles and says I don't know about the "artistic" side but I do enjoy a good fight and he grins wider showing his large powerful fangs, and standing on his back legs.

Threeshades
2008-01-21, 12:28 PM
Morin notices the smooth-talk the elf is trying to convince Krark into buying a ticket with, while Krark is flattered.

Lochar
2008-01-21, 12:33 PM
Morin

"If you really want him to buy a ticket, you should just mention the copious amounts of blood and guts. That works better in his case." Morin nods to Krark.

He then addresses Krark. "We've got somewhere to be, Krark, remember? You can come back by later, and challenge the winner if you feel like it."

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-01-21, 12:36 PM
Scabi listens impartially to the exchange but as the woman steps up a brief flicker of interest alights in his eyes.

"Are wagers to be taken and is this to be a fair fight?" he says pleasantly, looking into her eyes with a slight smile.


Sense Motive asked for = [roll0]

Sense Motive for when she answers about being a fair fight = [roll]1d20+17[/url]

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-01-21, 12:36 PM
Krark snorts and looks at Morin Yea I guess, probably be a better fight where were going anyway. and with that he walks past the Karrn guild members.

FullPlateJacket
2008-01-21, 12:47 PM
Albireo

As Krark and Morin walk away from the Karrn members, Albireo joins them. "Well, now that you two are done goofing off, we'd best head over to the Red Tower. We would do well to not leave them waiting."

SirGhandi
2008-01-21, 01:06 PM
Pyll

Pyll wanders a short distance, hoping to become lost in the crowd. When he's relatively certain no one will see, he engages "greater invisibility." Pulling out the metamagic rod of silent spell, he selects the ogre as the target of a "Miser's Envy" spell, and chooses the elf's sword as the object of his affections.

[roll0][roll1]

Lochar
2008-01-21, 01:13 PM
Morin

"If I knew our destination better, I'd just teleport us all there, but as is I'd rather not take the chance on ending up in the wrong spot." Morin nods to Albireo. "Then let us move quickly, shall we?"

FullPlateJacket
2008-01-21, 01:24 PM
Albireo

"Oh, I know it well enough, but they're generally smart enough to block teleportation and scrying into the building," he says, while walking briskly forward.

Lochar
2008-01-21, 01:29 PM
Morin

"Yes, but normally teleportation isn't blocked if you want to go near the building. It would save us a while to walk, I think. But even with a good description, there would still be the chance I'd miss and we'd end up on the other side of the tower." Morin shrugs, but continues to walk quickly.

Threeshades
2008-01-21, 01:44 PM
While you walk away you hear a fight breaking out. As you turn to look you see the ogre yelling at the elf trying to grab her while she is dodging him with ease. Suddenly one of the dwarves grabs the ogres wrist speaking a few words in a language unfamiliar to most of you and the ogre immediately calms down.

Lochar
2008-01-21, 01:54 PM
Morin ignores the scuffle.

Proven_Paradox
2008-01-21, 02:25 PM
Lathlan

Lathlan seems utterly uninterested in the fight, having never been one to fight for fighting's sake. He is a fairly plain man, for a Kijyan at least. His brown hair is just long enough to touch his narrow shoulders. Dark blue eyes rest above his small nose and thin, chapped lips. He has a pointed chin and a long neck, which connects his head to his wiry, muscled body. His tail is the same hue of blue as his eyes, and his skin has a slightly lighter blue hue to it. As usual, he wears no shirt. He wears a thick sheath of leather over his tail with metallic studs sewn into the material and a simple leather kilt at his waist. He has no tattoos or noticeable birthmarks, and other than his magical equipment, he wears no jewelry.

He slithers on as the fight breaks out behind them. "Let's just get our job and get on with it... I can't stand this place." He keeps his voice low so that only the others can hear readily.

Sorry guys, I didn't see the threads posted. You move fast...

Jael_Darkwood
2008-01-21, 02:29 PM
Jailbird

Jumping from one roof to the next, Jailbird tucks into a roll and stops, watching the progress of his group. Chuckling, he watches the scene with the ogre and the elf, then continues to pace the group, easily keeping up with them on the uncrowded rooftops.

"Not in town more than ten minutes, and already we've caused a stir..."

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-01-21, 02:34 PM
Krark turns and sees the fight, and is about to go back when the dwarves settle the matter. He turns back and says The Snakes right, lets get the job done, of course I kinda like this part of town, should come back sometime

Threeshades
2008-01-21, 04:07 PM
After little more than an hour of walking over, through and between the nested building structures of Rynna you finally reach a large place entirely free of any buildings except for the large red tower of an amazingly detailed architecture and facade decoration that seems to poke into the clouds placed exactly in the middle and is surrounded by interchanging concentric circles of paved ground and green beds. At the foot of the tower a wall is surrounding its court. While the itself wall is easily twice as high as a hill giant it still seems meaningless compared to the massive building it guards. Hippogriffs and lower dragons circle around the building high up in the air guarding the higher reaches of the tower.

As you walk along the wide paved pass leading to the main gate of the Tower's court, a winged creature appears from above approaching you quickly.
Against the sun you can first see its feathered wings then you can recognize the bird talons on its front feet. As it comes closer and circles around you while coming closer to the ground you can also see the creatures eagle head and its lion like hind legs and tail.

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-01-21, 04:24 PM
Scabi glances up and calls out as it nears, "SQUIRK CHOCAW MRRRSSSSS CHHH."

~We have here been summoned~

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-01-21, 07:01 PM
Krark raises an eyebrow at Scabi but ignores it, as he walks toward the tower he gestures to the others Cmon hurry up, or I'll leave you all behind and do the job myself and take all your shares and he grins at this.

Lochar
2008-01-21, 07:40 PM
Morin

Ignoring the creature overhead after giving it a quick look, Morin continues on into the gate.

"Not my share, you won't, Krark."

Readied action if attacked to disintegrate it.

Jael_Darkwood
2008-01-21, 09:13 PM
Jailbird

From the shadows of a nearby rooftop, Jailbird watches, tensing in the shadows.


Prepared action, if what i believe is a hippogriff attacks a member of the group, shadow step + shadow pounce + full attack action = basically i teleport behind it and claw it once with each hand... (claw/claw, 2 sneak attacks)

SirGhandi
2008-01-21, 09:28 PM
Pyll

Pyll will prepare a charm monster spell in case the beastie starts looking hungry or snappish. DC 25 if it comes to that.

[roll0]
oops, that should be a +8, so 14

Threeshades
2008-01-22, 10:47 AM
"No need to hurry, Mister Bloodgrin and Mister Ilmar." sounds a voice from above. The Griffon lands between the two and the rest of the party and just uppon touching the ground suddenly changes its shape until it has taken the form of an aged man with a bald head in the red robes of Cythian that show a large symbol of Cythian on the lower half of the back side, a hand grasping a shining object that seems to be a ball of pure energy. He smirks at Scabi. "And thanks for the kind comment, Mister Moondun."
He then turns his head up looking directly at Jailbird on the distant rooftop. "I would like to ask you to come down there, so we can get down to business soon.", while his voice now seems distant for the seven party members on the place in front of the tower, Jailbird hears it as clearly as if the wizard was standing right next to him.

SirGhandi
2008-01-22, 11:39 AM
Pyll

Dismissing the spell from his mind, the halfling visibly relaxes, and as he does so, he undergoes a brief change. His skin turns a shade of green, and his hair shifts from brown to golden blond. Wings emerge from under the tunic.

"Excellent transformation! You seem to have mastered the form, pulling it off so gracefully. Perhaps you can help me with some of my own? I'm curious, why a griffon? It seems such a base creature, though no doubt you've discovered advantages that I may have overlooked. Is it difficult mastering the flight, being as you're of a species that lacks such an ability?..."

(undoubtably, someone will interrupt the pixie's line of questioning)

Lochar
2008-01-22, 11:43 AM
Morin

Raising an eyebrow at the pixie, Morin shrugs. "Morphing like that usually imparts the ability to use the forms way of movement."

He then addresses the man. "Interesting method of transportation. What can we do for you then, since you seem to not want us to enter the tower to negotiate."

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-01-22, 12:05 PM
Scabi inclines his head politely.

"At your service, sir." he says with just the right amount of deference without lowering to flattery.

Threeshades
2008-01-22, 12:09 PM
"The transformation, well... I just like to deliver a good show, I guess." the wizard says. "And there are other ways to overcome the inability to imitate a polymporphed form's ways of locomotion.", the man bows down a lot less elegant than he looked before. "I am Wyn Harelass. As soon as your friend joins us we will go inside to discuss the terms."

Pun intended

Jael_Darkwood
2008-01-22, 12:31 PM
Jailbird

A soft cough announces his presence, as he steps from the shadows of the wall. With a nonchalant expression on his face, he leans against the wall.

"Who are we waiting for?"

Proven_Paradox
2008-01-22, 01:16 PM
Lathlan leans back a bit and puts his arms behind his head. He has an amused smile on his face though the proceedings, and raises an eyebrow at Jailbird as he appears. "Looks like we're all here, then. Lead on, Mr. Harelass."

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-01-22, 01:20 PM
Krark just grunts and follows the mage, magic was never his thing though he supposed it had its uses, so long as magic users were wise enough that non of those uses were directed at him in anything but a helpful way.

Lochar
2008-01-22, 01:23 PM
Miran

Miran waits for the mage to take then lead, and then follows.

Threeshades
2008-01-22, 01:32 PM
Wyn Harelass glances at Jailbird: "Under different conditions I would actually join in on a little game of arcane pranks. You're lucky we have other things to do. Follow me." he says, then lifts in the air, transforms to the shape of a gray render and floats toward the tower at walking pace.

Lochar
2008-01-22, 01:37 PM
Miran

Shrugging at the mage's propensity for shapechanging, Miran follows quietly.

FullPlateJacket
2008-01-22, 02:02 PM
Albireo

Albireo smiles a little. "Some things never change, I guess." He mutters to himself before following.

Jael_Darkwood
2008-01-22, 02:17 PM
Jailbird

Shrugging his shoulders, Jailbird follows the shapeshifting wizard.

Threeshades
2008-01-23, 10:54 AM
As you approach to the tower the great geats swing open before you and as soon as Harelass passes through, he abruptly returns to his human shape and falls to the ground clumsily but still manages to stay on his feet.
"Sometimes they just don't know what is humour..." he mutters while walking on.
Before you a large set of white stairs leads up to the massive tower doors on top of them another red-robed wizard stands waiting for you. The man seems considerably older than Wyn. He wears a carefully trimmed grey beard that perfectly completes his shoulder long grey hair but also adds to his hollow traits and the grey eyes making him seem even older than he probably is. As you walk up the stairs he starts speaking in a voice unusually powerful for a man of his age: "Thank you, Harelass, you can go now" he says in an annoyed tone and then turns to you.
"Greetings. My name is Rellan White. Welcome to the Red Tower. Lord Cythian is pleased you took the time to listen to our offer."

Lord [fill in guildname here] is the usual title of the official guild leaders and not the actual name

Lochar
2008-01-23, 11:15 AM
Miran

Miran smiles slightly at Rellan. "I, at least, was curious. I'll hear you out."

Random NPC
2008-01-23, 11:42 AM
Hyorin

A lumbering figure walks down the street. "Finally..." A grunt comes out of this Pandakin in what some people would note as Pandakin, while others would think of as "guttural beast noises".

The Pandaking comes to a stop in front of a building. A red tower, actually. He moves closer to the door and... BANG! BANG! BANG! The Pandakin pounds the door softly enough to leave no marks, but hard enough to make his presence noticed.

"Greetings! I come offering my sword for hire to the lord of this tower!" He screams soft enough to not be perceived as a threat, but loud enough to make his presence noticed.

After announcing himself, he takes out his sword from his back, still on its hilt and he holds it with his left hand, showing his readiness as a warrior.

Pandakin traditions, after all. Most Westerners find those warrior traditions quite silly.



I'm sorry for not posting earlier. My connection has been down all weekend.

Threeshades
2008-01-23, 12:45 PM
The gate swings open before Hyorin and reveals to him the stairway up to the doors of the impressive tower and the seven figures standung around a grey haired man in red robes.
"We've been waiting for you, Mister Hyorin!" the red-robed man exclaims to the pandakin. "Please join us so we can go inside together."

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-01-23, 01:39 PM
Scabi taps his feet a couple times on the steps and runs his hands along the wall idly as they ascend.


Scabi uses the Assess Opponent option of the Sense Motive skill from Complete Adventurer to get an idea of how highly leveled this wizard is.

Sense Motive = [roll0]

Threeshades
2008-01-23, 02:26 PM
The walls create an extremely low friction on Scabi's hand.

You see Rellan as a dire threat

Random NPC
2008-01-23, 05:23 PM
Hyorin

"Ah, well. I'm sorry to keep you waiting." He says as he approaches the group.

I'm sorry, my keyboard broke down. I guess I'll have some trouble posting a lot.

SirGhandi
2008-01-23, 09:57 PM
Pyll

"So, Lord Cythian, what is the nature of this summons? I'm sure I speak for everyone that we're all very anxious to hear what it is that Cythian needs the services of a group as, well, colorful, as the one that you've assembled here. If I were the guessing type, I'd pose a guess or two here, but since I'm not, I'll just wait for you to explain it to us."

The pixie tries not to seem to forward. It is, afterall, bad manners to upset wizards with the capacity to will you into nothingness, but all the same, the use of a highly skilled wizard as greeter and escort is beginning to make the pixie nervous. Best to get to the point and get out of here quickly, he thinks.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-01-23, 10:18 PM
Krark stared at the wondrous tower and thought to himself, he did not really care much for magic but even he was impressed by this bastion of magical might... to a point. he grunted to himself and focused his attention on the magi before them, he still didn't know why they had been called here and his patience was growing thinner, but he waited. An outburst in here would not sit well.

Threeshades
2008-01-24, 11:20 AM
As Rellan leads you inside the huge doors and along a long, impressive hallway left and right fitted with huge statues of famous wizards of the past and even some persons and creatures you have never seen before.
"Thank you, but I am not the Lord.", he smiles. "We called you here because we are concerned about a newly risen guild. They call themselves Va'ra and are setting up more and more outposts throughout all of Lefenn, and even in Kharaz, Golamn and Lonayen their influence is growing."
Rellan stops and turns to a heavy wooden door with metal fittings that has the shape of a kite shield turned upside down. By merely raising his hand he seems to command the door to open and then walks on toward it.
"There also are two posts that have been found here in Rynna. We prepared a map for you to find them out. We don't know yet how this guild works, if and what they specialize in or dedicate themselves to something and how they put up their defenses."
Rellan leads you inside a room that looks like a combination of an administrative office and an alchemical laboratory. He strides across the scarlet carpet covering most of the gray marble floor except a space about three feet away from every wall of the rectangular room and sits down behind a massive wooden desk. He invites you to sit down on one of the chairs wlaking into the room through a small door on the left-hand wall with a gesture of his hand.
"We need a well mixed team of skilled men... you... to find out these posts and get whatever information you can get about them. By all means, we don't care if violently or through infiltration and subtlety."
Rellan starts digging through a pile of rolled up parchment sheets.
"Where they have spread their posts, what their aims are, what their tools are, where they come from, who is the guild leader... anything! If you have to burn down these posts to the ground, do whatever you have to to extract as much information as you can., since he sat down Rellan's tone became more and more aggressive but suddenly he visibly calms down and says in a relaxed voice: "The payment will be very generous."

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-01-24, 12:21 PM
Scabi

"That is quite a bit of freedom we're being allowed." says Scabi, leaning slightly back in his seat comfortably and crossing a leg. "Is your preference that whatever these methods you leave to us are discovered, purposely or by accident, that it be traced back to your establishment as a sort of warning, or is anonymity something to strive for?"

-=-=-=-=-


Sense Motive for Rellan's former conversation = [roll0]
Sense Motive for how Rellan responds to Scabi's question here = [roll1]
Knowledge (Local) for information on this new guild = [roll2]
Bardic knowledge check for same = [roll3]

Proven_Paradox
2008-01-24, 01:03 PM
Lathlan frowns a bit at the request. "Pardon me if I seem rude here, but I have a hard time believing that a guild with so many obviously talented spellcasters wouldn't have some spells to do all this for 'em. There something keeping you from just casting a spell and finding all this out?" His frown wavers for a moment, then turns to a wry grin as he tilts his head to the side and adds, "If you're just wanting to give some needy folks a chance at a lucrative job, that's fine by me though. I'm not complaining."

FullPlateJacket
2008-01-24, 02:05 PM
Albireo

"My guess is that you just don't have the manpower to spare, what with your efforts against the other guilds. But one thing: How is it you know the locations of their outposts, yet nothing else? Surely, you must have SOME other information," he says, raising an eyebrow. "Even so, this is an interesting development. New guilds can't just pop up out of nowhere. Whatever plans they have, have probably been in motion for quite some time."

Random NPC
2008-01-24, 02:53 PM
Hyorin

"Don't be hasty." Says the Pandakin from behind, as he decided to stay standing or else he might break a chair. "I rather do the job no questions asked." He retorts looking at the place, listening to Rellan's answers and thinking back about any information about the guild.



sense motive for Rellan's answers[roll0]
knowledge: local for the Va'ra guild[roll1]

SirGhandi
2008-01-24, 03:41 PM
Pyll

But my question is, what's wrong if another guild is coming about? Isn't the whole point that people are free to join into whatever idealogy they believe in? I can't imagine that this new guild poses a threat to you unless they are trying to rise as the official guild of magic, and then of course, we'd be talking about an entirely different kind of threat, wouldn't we? So, tell us, if your magic cannot penetrate their defenses, what are we to do against them, and how will you be aiding us in doing so?

Threeshades
2008-01-24, 04:50 PM
"We prefer if no one finds our handwriting. This is why we don't do the job ourselves. Also a group of mercenaries with different talents is a lot more flexible than a band of wizards, duskblades and maybe a few charmed ogres or the like.. A group of mercenaries isn't as notorious in their ways as a guild of the Sixteen. We made many attempts at scrying their posts, but even against our more than powerful resources they blurred or completely blocked our attempts out. We don't know anyone who is an official guild member, which just complicates the matter."
He turns to Albireo: "We thought so too. But this guild is rapidly expanding and appeared without warning. This is a factor not only worrying us. Even our direst enemies share our concern. The other guilds are enough of a concurrency. We cannot suffer a new guild expanding this fast out of nothing. They pose a serious threat to our authority already and we cannot allow them to rise to even higher levels. This is also a matter of balance. I admit, our main intention is to keep up our own authority, but you have to realize that if the Va'ra overpower all other guilds they might establish a new order at their own will. They would have ultimate power over all of Corrath."

Hyorin and Scabi
Rellan seems to tell the truth. Scabi is sure about that while Hyorin at least cannot find any sign for him telling only half-truths or lies

Both of you have heard about a mysterious new guild establishing their power all over Lefenn, now you have a name for it too, but that is all.

Proven_Paradox
2008-01-24, 05:24 PM
Biting back comments about how a new order might actually be a good thing, Lathlan shrugs. "Makes sense to me. Get in, find out what's what, and get out," He says with a casual tone. "Sounds simple enough."

Lochar
2008-01-24, 05:33 PM
Morin

"I find that the simplest things seem to have the most luck in going sour, but then again, you can always apply a judious amount of force to correct that."

He coughs, thinking for a moment. Usually.

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-01-24, 06:30 PM
Scabi nods with a faint smile.

"Would you allow me to verify that they cannot be reached by a foreign eye? For completeness sake mind you, I do not distrust that you are sincere in what you say." he pauses and adds, "Assuming such can be done from within this building?"

Jael_Darkwood
2008-01-24, 08:12 PM
Jailbird

"Sounds like a real challenge. I love it. I'm in." He smiles.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-01-24, 08:26 PM
Krark just grunts offhandedly, and says As long as theirs a fight in it.

Random NPC
2008-01-24, 09:01 PM
Hyorin

The pandakin feels at ease with the mage and trusts him. Or at least enough to know he is not going into a trap. He proceeds to look and ponder about each point of view, only speaking after Krark.

"True!" He grunts at Krark with a smile.

Threeshades
2008-01-25, 07:23 AM
"It is good to see we have an agreement. Mister Moondun, of course you can give it a try. We have the utilities for scrying and energy sources that are beyond belief for some.", he points at a large richly decorated silver mirror in the corner half-hidden behind a bookshelf.

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-01-25, 10:23 AM
Scabi raises a hand with a shake of his head.

"I just wanted to see if you would allow me. It is obvious you have knowledge far in advance of mine in these manners." he says and then leans forward, "Let us see then, you mentioned payment I believe?"

Threeshades
2008-01-25, 11:10 AM
Rellan smirks as though he was waiting for that question all the time.
"Yes. As I said we offer a generous reward for the completion of this job. A total of 12.000 gold pieces has been readied for you. To show our sincerity on the issue you get 4.000 right now and the other 8.000 upon completion. We can also pay you in platinum if you prefer that."

Proven_Paradox
2008-01-25, 11:41 AM
Lathlan raises his eyebrows and gives a small whistle as payment is announced.

FullPlateJacket
2008-01-25, 02:53 PM
Albireo

Albireo frowns a little. "Pyll, has ANY guild ever been free-entry? With the secrecy surrounding this one, I doubt it would start up such a trend." He brightens up a little at the mention of payment. "That's definately satisfactory to cover my... 'expenses'... for a while."

Lochar
2008-01-25, 02:58 PM
Morin

At the mention of payment, Morin speaks up. "That is per person, correct?"

SirGhandi
2008-01-25, 04:29 PM
Pyll

"Ahh, Albireo, I see you have misunderstood me. Of COURSE they're going to be secretive. I never suspected we could walk in the front door. But, they are growing fast, are they not, Rellan? They must be recruiting, and heavily. All we would need to do is determine what qualities they are looking for, and then arrange for one of us to present those qualities in a very public manner.... well, of course, unless they're looking for unassumming talent that wouldn't be publicly obvious... Nevertheless, we would do well no matter what plan to determine who they're recruiting."

"Rellan, what manner of people have gone over to this guild. They can't be rising at such a mercurial rate and no one knows who's joining them."

Jael_Darkwood
2008-01-26, 03:37 AM
Jailbird

Sinking deeper into shadows you didn't even see until he slinked into them, Jailbird speaks, "I have seen all sorts from the shadows. This guild could be any number of extraplanar intrusions into our world... a demon army feels very little need to recruit, nor does an army of transformed elementals. Or, one extremely talented necromancer could be raising the ghosts of demon and angel alike. Or a rift could bring invasion from another world... these things, and many more, are possible. You can see many things from the shadows on the edge of history."

Jael_Darkwood
2008-01-26, 03:44 AM
just for fun, heres some sneakyness. If needed, I start with some sleight of hand to distract ya'll as I fade into the shadow of say, a small umbrella, or something else that casts not enough shadow for anyone to hide behind.

Sleight of hand [roll0]

Hide[roll1]

Threeshades
2008-01-26, 07:18 AM
"Well, Mister Ilmar. I'm afraid to disappoint you but this payment was readied for the whole group. Of course you are free to take whatever you can find on your mission. Also if we can get useful information on the Va'ra, we are more than willing to multiply your payment.
Without even bothering to look around to find Jailbird Rellan continues talking to him: "It could be any of these. There are many possibilities I assume. In any case, we need to make preventive strikes and find information on the guild."

SirGhandi
2008-01-26, 08:15 AM
Pyll

"And what of my question? Is there any information you could share with us about what kind of people are being recruited, or, is it as my disappearing cohort says, and they draw their numbers from places outside of Corrath?

Threeshades
2008-01-26, 08:24 AM
"We have no reliable information on that. But there have been individuals spotted around the Va'ra posts that seem to be affiliated with the guild and are beings that clearly don't come from anywhere outside of Corrath."

Random NPC
2008-01-26, 12:16 PM
Hyorin


Hyorin fixes his vision on Rellan. "So that means that at most we will find talented individuals just about strong enough to even give us some challenge. However, there could be more into it. "He then looks at the whole team. "That means we will not be able to charge in and kill everyone." Hyorin now looks at the carpet. "And if our contractors here do not want to be associated with this little stunt we are about to pull, we better cover our intentions."

He then start to stroke the fur on his chin. "We should draw some attention to keep them from guessing what our true intentions are.... Or perhaps we shouldn't and let them now what our intentions are." His mouth shifts into a grin. "Maybe a new band of mercenaries who may be wanting to become a guild might need the support of this new organization."

FullPlateJacket
2008-01-26, 02:48 PM
Albireo

"Well, if it's extraplanar beings we're looking at, I say we figure out exactly what kind." He smirks, continuing. "And then, I can bind one of them to our service and infiltrate."

Jael_Darkwood
2008-01-26, 03:05 PM
"Well, lets get going to closer to one of these guild halls, I think better on the move."

A hand comes out of the shadows... You know what this means. (OOC : Shadow walk = you have to be holding hands with each other and me, then we move FAST.))

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-01-26, 03:08 PM
Scabi nods thoughtfully, "I believe it is, if not the safest, certainly one of the more plausible ideas, to scout out those they take in and then emulate them if possible."

SirGhandi
2008-01-26, 03:49 PM
Pyll

The pixie rises, stretches his wings with a quick hovering jump, and then settles. "I'm glad we're starting to come to some consensus. As long as everyone is decently prepared first... I'd hate to be taken by suprise and not be ready for action."

OOC: using the metamagic rod: extend, cast greater mage armor.

Proven_Paradox
2008-01-26, 05:12 PM
Lathlan crosses his arms and pops his neck as he says, "Yeah, we've got a lot of options here. Seems to me like we need to start by just goin' to see what's there; we can make plans once we get some more information. Before, that, though..." He places his attention Rellan and says, "Where can we get that advance money? I'd like to go ahead and get it so as to make preparations."

SirGhandi
2008-01-29, 12:48 AM
Pyll

Seeing that the others are none to ready to just take the hand and travel through the plane of shadows, Pyll pipes in, "I can assure you that based on my studies, shadow-walking can be quite an exhilirating experience. I've never had the pleasure, so I for one am more than pleased to have this opportunity. It's safe enough, and I'm fairly certain that our host will not take us too close to enemy territory, so we've really nothing to fear."

The pixie takes the outstretched hand, and beckons for the nearest to follow his lead.

Threeshades
2008-01-31, 04:56 AM
Rellan White reaches into a drawer at his desk and pulls out a bag of money. He walks over to Lathlan.
"Since you were so eager to find the advance payment, here it is. 4000 gold pieces.", he hands over the bag and then the roll of parchment to the Kijyan. "And here is the map. You will find the two Va'ra houses marked on it."

Lathlan recieves a map to Rynna and a bag with 4000 gold pieces. Share it or fight over it. I don't care. :smallamused:

Random NPC
2008-01-31, 09:05 AM
Hyorin

"Ah! Any more information we might want to know?" Hyorin asks, straight to the point.

Proven_Paradox
2008-01-31, 12:33 PM
Lathlan nods and grins as he recieves the money and the map. "Thank you very much." He backs away and looks to the group ready to shadow-walk and moves to join them. "We've got what we need, so shall we get to it? We'll divide this gold even when we get there, methinks..."

Jael_Darkwood
2008-01-31, 12:42 PM
Jailbird

Briefly, Jailbird consults the map. "I'll try to get us as close as possible...."

Once everyone has linked hands Jailbird puts forth his will, and suddenly the world... shifts. Taking a step forward, Jailbird leads the group through a flickering black-and-white path. In the corners of their eyes, indistinct objects and terrain features seem to flow into each other, fading into shadow when they take the time to look directly. Time passes, and the group walks on....

not sure exactly how far we have to travel, but shadow walking isnt exactly accurate, so I'll leave it up to the dm to tell us how long it takes. At the end of our little jaunt, we are shunted [roll0]x100 feet in a random direction from where we wanted to end up... and i'll use the outskirts of the poor district in the town which has these new guild houses as my target area.

Threeshades
2008-02-01, 08:58 AM
You emerge from the shadows in an alley next to a not very vivid, but yet populated market street. Simple wooden stands seam the street, their owners clad mostly in sack cloth. You can judge by the look of this you are now in a lower class district. Here and there people are going back and forth between the stands discussing the prices of the wares with the sellers. To your right the street goes down easily a few thousand feet before splitting in front of a row of buildings. To your left, a few hundred feet away you can see the street end in front of a builging about three times as high as the rest of the buildings around. The whole construction is made in the Typical style of Agrarryn's cities. It consists of an array of nested blocks held up by columns and is topped by saddle roofs.

SirGhandi
2008-02-01, 09:16 AM
Pyll

"Well that was a bit different than what I would have expected. Not overtly unpleasant, but certainly nothing I'd want to consider doing on a regular basis." The pixie looks around at his surroundings. "So, which way do you think? Unless this is the new beggars' guild, I doubt we'll be having much luck here." He says this last part quietly, so as not to be overheard.

Proven_Paradox
2008-02-01, 11:20 AM
Lathlan emerges from the shadows with a puzzled look. "That was... strange." He slithers forward a bit and pulls out the map. "So, first thing we need t' do is figure out where we are exactly, unless one of you already know." He holds the map out from his body so that anyone else who wanted to look on would be able to do so, and tries to identify something that would make a good landmark on the map.

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-02-01, 11:30 AM
Scabi's head jerks to the side as they appear, and his face is twisted somewhat as if by momentary dizziness. He closes his eyes and ***** his head, listening. He taps his foot several times on the stone and within a few moments he seems to be standing firmly again.

He deeply inhales the new scents of the locale and glances about.

Knowledge (local) check to know where we are: [roll0]

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-02-01, 11:34 AM
Krark grunts and looks around confusedly before he remembers what happened, and he walks behind his fellows growling in a low voice So what now huh?

FullPlateJacket
2008-02-01, 10:16 PM
Albireo

Albireo seems disoriented for a bit. He looks around, taking in his surroundings. "Man, I never get used to that feeling... I suggest we start our information-gathering. If anyone needs to stock up on supplies, he should do it before we get knee-deep in secret plots and conspiracy theories."

Proven_Paradox
2008-02-01, 10:39 PM
Lathlan nods as Albireo finishes. "Probably the right idea there... I'm gettin' nowhere on figuring out where we're at on the map. Let's go ahead and divvy the advance..." He pauses for a moment, muttering, "4,000 gold, 8 a' us. 500 for all of us." He slithers further back into the ally so as not to attract attention, and begins counting out the coins, sorting through them rather quickly. He'll take as long as he needs to count out 7 groups of 570 coins and hand them out to the other group members.

Lochar
2008-02-01, 10:43 PM
Morin

Morin accepts the coins quietly, looking around the general area, trying to get a feel for where they are, based on the map.

K: Local: [roll0]

Threeshades
2008-02-02, 07:17 AM
@Proven Paradox: There are 8 of you: Lathlan, Morin, Scabi, Jailbird, Pyll, Albireo, Hyorin and Krark

@Everyone: Survival and Gather Information checks also help knowing where you are.

@Morin and Scabi
You figure you are close to your aim. The large building at the end of the road to your left might be what you've been looking for

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-02-02, 11:41 AM
Scabi steps out of the shadows and strolls through the crowd, tapping one on the shoulder as he goes ans asking a question here, one there, and happens to near one of the stalls run by a woman. Looking over the wares he says conversationally with a warm smile, "Morning. I've only recently arrived and I seem to have become turned around. Would you be able to tell me what buildings these are?"


Diplomacy = [roll0]
Gather Information = [roll1]

edit: Man, with that roll she'd accept a proposal to marriage...

Random NPC
2008-02-02, 01:59 PM
Hyorin

After stepping out of the cold shadows, the warmth of his blood returned to him. He then analyzed the place trying to guess where he was.



Knowledge Local 120+7

Random NPC
2008-02-02, 02:00 PM
[roll0]

Again! :smallannoyed:

SirGhandi
2008-02-02, 09:32 PM
Pyll

Pyll will inform the others of his plan (those that haven't dispersed) and then sneak toward the buildings indicated by the map. "Wish me luck!"

He'll activate the greater invisibility, then cast read magic. Just in case there's true-seeing taking place, he'll also hide and move silently. He'll stay far enough away so as not to trigger any alarm or glyph. When he's arrived to within 100 feet (or, in case there is a clear indication that the masses don't come within a certain distance) of the building, he'll use the silent rod to cast detect magic, and then concentrate to maintain it while advancing for a closer look. He'll also keep a close eye out for more convention traps.

relevant rolls:

[roll1]
[roll=concentration]120+13
[roll2]
or[roll3]

SirGhandi
2008-02-02, 09:33 PM
OOC: oops
[roll0]

Jael_Darkwood
2008-02-03, 02:57 AM
Jailbird

Meanwhile, Jailbird never really leaves the shadows completely, save to accept his share of the advance payment. He will sneak towards the building non-mystically, but very effectively.


Hide[roll0]
Move silent[roll1]
Listen : +17, Spot +17.

lol. a 1 and a 2... classic.

Threeshades
2008-02-04, 03:22 PM
"Oh, of course, kind sir.", the sickly woman says: "These are just the homes of a few of the people you see here. Some of them have stores inside too.", she points down the road to the row of buildings at the forking street.
"Over there is a tavern. My husband says they have the best ale in this area... I say they have the only ale in this area.", she chuckles silently, then starts to cough.
After she catches herself she continues: "The large one over there," she points to the large building at the opposite end of the street. "I don't really know. Some people say it's a guildhouse. They let no one inside. Being very secretive.", she coughs again, "I'm sorry but I cannot tell you much more."

@Pyll
You don't know which one is the building marked on the map.

Also maybe i missed that detail, both buildings are quite a bit away from each other.

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-02-04, 08:19 PM
Scabi turns to study the structure indicated and ponders it a moment.

"Surely some of the members venture to or from it?" he says with a lilt that indicates that it's not that he doesn't disbelieve the women, but more alike to amazement. "Or servants?"

SirGhandi
2008-02-05, 12:29 AM
Pyll scratches his invisible head. He was sure he'd looked at the map when Lathlan held it out, and now he was unsure which building to head toward. Must be some magic afoot, befuddling my mind. He concentrates really hard on trying to remember which building was marked on the map.
OOC: do I need a survival roll or gather information to interpret the map? if so, here's both.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Threeshades
2008-02-05, 06:54 AM
Pyll suddenly gets the strong feeling that the whole group is in the entirely wrong place. The great building at the end of the road seems to be a guild house, as a scared bypasser tells his seemingly disembodied voice, but he is not convinced it belongs to the guild he was looking for.

"Some people in blue and black clothes come out or go inside every now and then. No one else."

SirGhandi
2008-02-05, 07:21 AM
Pyll will rush back to those still assembled and share the information he has picked up. Then he'll seek out the pandakin (should be hard to miss) and wait a second while he finishes his business, then quietly share his information as well. He'll pop visible of course, no need panicking his own comrades.

OOC: Stupid 1. it is entirely possible that my nat 1 is behind this, but we play the cards...err, dice we're dealt/rolled.

Proven_Paradox
2008-02-05, 01:04 PM
Lathlan signs in annoyance at this. "You've got to be kidding... Is that even possible with that shadow-warp thing we did? I'd have hoped we'd have at least SOME precision for that kind of spell."

Jael_Darkwood
2008-02-05, 05:14 PM
Jailbird

A voice speaks from the shadows along the wall...

"I used mystic power to open a hole in reality... We travelled an illusionary path between this plane and that of shadow. We travelled miles in mere minutes. If you want accuracy, use a horse."

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-02-05, 05:45 PM
Scabi smiles coldly a moment at the skeletal man before dropping as quickly as it came.

"The talk of the locals lead me to believe that structure over there is the guild house." he says, nodding towards the building indicated by the woman at the stall. "They talk of those dressed in black and blue clothing coming in or out at rare intervals, but that is all that is seen."

He purses his lips and continues, "I will go and verify. I suggest you steer clear so as not to attract attention."

With that he strolls more or less straight to the building and leans against it and closes his eyes as if weary. Those watching him closely however see the back of his head lightly taps it, and his fingers beat a silent tattoo upon the surface as if he was reacting to some unheard beat. He'll then pause a moment before resuming.

Using up three of my bardic musics to use Talk of the Town to speak with the structure.

Asking it whats on the other side, who is there, what is being said, etc. Particularly what the people within call themselves.

Threeshades
2008-02-06, 06:46 AM
You hear the deep, clanging and constrained voice of of the old building coming to life, speaking in fragments: "Men.... women.... Gillad he said... Lann is her name...", the building pauses before it seems to start reciting a conversation: "...must find it. It would set an end to Cythian. - Master, we recieved message from Le....", the building suddenly stops in the middle of the word and sinks to silence.
After a few moments the building continues just as suddenly as if waken from a dream: "Call themselves... umbra... no... shadow... resistance... Va'ra... their name is Va'ra. My name is Va'ra."

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-02-06, 07:47 AM
Scabi

*patter pat pat a'ramma'slam'tap. Slam pat, bump thump, humpety bomp tink....*

Steady walls to you Va'ra. I seek your knowledge Great Many-Member, and Spirit of Dwelling. What is the Va'ra and to what goals do you strive? Confide in me your secrets...

Threeshades
2008-02-06, 08:17 AM
"Va'ra is... life... death... restoration. Will break the walls, take down guilds... suffering will stop. Lords will fall", every fragment seems to be speaken in a different voice as the building continues, "Revolution... selfish... poor... break the walls... break.... the.... walls..."

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-02-06, 08:37 AM
Scabi

*bang-bang-bang thump slam-tunk-tunk-wunka*

How many make up the many-you here and where do your soul bits reside at this time and in what place?

Basically how many are in the building and where are they in relation to Scabi.

Random NPC
2008-02-06, 11:08 AM
Hyorin

The pandakin graciously moves up to the sellers and looks at the wares, preferably fruits.

"Greetings!" He says to the seller. "I'm a traveler from the far east lands. I look for shelter, some food and perhaps a job." He points to the sword strapped on his back. "Would you kindly provide me with some information and the price of perhaps three of your ripe and fine fruits." He says with a smile as he puts 2 silver pieces on the table.



[roll0]

Threeshades
2008-02-06, 11:41 AM
"I....", again a short period of silence. "Many... many... coming in going out. This moment becoming less, becoming more... no numbers... always changing. Many! Everywhere. Above, below, next to you.", the building speaks in the tone of a confused, overstrained child but with the deep, clanging voice of an old man.

The woman at the stand looks up to the pandakin: "I don't know, kind Sir. I'm afraid I don't have the money to pay your while. Down the street there is a tavern. The only one in this area. If you are looking for contacts, I suppose you're most likely to find someone there."
She takes a close look at the money then starts to search through her fruits hastily, inspecting some of them closely before putting them back or passing on to the next one until she has picked out two pomegranates and three apples, all of them in a deep red. "Only the finest for you, kind Sir.", she says handing the five fruits to Hyorin.

Random NPC
2008-02-06, 12:10 PM
Hyorin

"Ah. Thank you, fair lady. Your kindness reminds me of my dear white land." He says as he chumps down on one of the apples. He finishes it in one bite, puts the rest on his backpack and heads out to the Tavern.

He looks inside of his wallet, noticing just a few copper coins. "I need to exchange this gold into smaller currency." He says softly in Pandakin, followed by a sigh.

He draws them and puts the 8 copper pieces. "Greetings, kind sir. I'm traveler from the far east lands. I'm looking for something to quench my thirst, shelter and perhaps a hint on where to find a job." He points at his sword strapped on his back.



[roll0]

Damn... getting crappy rolls. :smallannoyed:

Proven_Paradox
2008-02-06, 05:08 PM
Lathlan watches the pandakin go with a raised eyebrow before turning back to watch Scabi do... whatever it is he does from the shadows of the alleyway.

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-02-08, 10:07 AM
*whack slam tuh tuh tuh tuh tuh tap*

Where are the openings from the out to the in of you, Va'ra?

Threeshades
2008-02-08, 11:09 AM
The barkeep, a male halfling with short, messy brown hair, wearing a simple white linen shirt, black pants and seemingly overly heavy black leather boots sits on his bar and smiles at Hyorin with a hint of surprise on his face: "People of your kind are a rare sight around here, Master Pandakin! To be honest, you are the first I have ever seen!", he stands up, now being on almost the same eyesheight with Hyorin and stretches out his hand for a greeting. "If you are looking for jobs, well I can offer you a position as a bouncer, but I'm not so sure if it would suit a travelling swordsman - or should I say swordsbear? - as you are." he chuckles briefly and then continues: "You might find something more suitable for you, if you talk to Burt Redfox. Some interesting stories he's got to tell. Though he seems a bit... off the track lately."
The diminutive barkeep points at a man with long, messy russet hair sitting at a corner table. He seems to be at middle age for a human, his once handsome traits hollowed and his beard has not been cut for days. While his left hand constantly rubs through his hair, the right hand clings to a tankard of ale, the knuckles white with strain. His eyes seem restless searching the tavern and bearing the signs of terror.
"I see you seem to be thirsty.", the halfling is now holding the eight copper pieces in his hand. "Or maybe you are just coming from the more central districts of Rynna. You know, around here you can get four mugs of ale of this money."

--------------------------------------

"You are at my shoulder now. Turn to your east and you will find my mouth. Many more mouths beneath.", the building's speech has become much clearer now.

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-02-08, 11:28 AM
"Where is the nearest opening of your underground mouth do you know?" Scabi taps to the guild building.

Threeshades
2008-02-08, 12:15 PM
"Not far from you. Enter from beneath the streets. Not far from you."
Make a spot check

Random NPC
2008-02-08, 12:38 PM
Hyorin

The pandakin smiles broadly. "I have to decline in your job offer, but I'll take the four mugs. Three for me and one for you!" He says as his face gets closer to the Halfling. "Drink for glory and for the good days." He winks.

Once he gets his three mugs of ale, and saying thank you to the Halfling, Hyorin puts one mug of ale in front of Burt Redfox and two on the other side of the table, where he sits.

"What troubles thee?" He asks as he position himself in a way for his sword to be seen by Burt. He chugs down on one mug, almost finishing it.

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-02-08, 12:53 PM
Scabi glances about at the street, momentarily seeming to come out of his trance.

Spot= [roll0]

Threeshades
2008-02-08, 01:19 PM
Scabi
You see an entrance to the sewer at the corner to a side road. The lid does not seem to fit entirely
"Yes..." Va'ra clangs.

--------------

Hyorin
Burt regards Hyorin with a quick look before he goes back to nervously examining the tavern.
"They are... are... they got them all. Scorg... Jain... Ben... Lann... they got them all... they... they're dead..."

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-02-08, 01:26 PM
"Good... good..." Scabi rat a tats. "Does anything reside within your bowels beneath?"

Threeshades
2008-02-09, 10:51 AM
"Yes... creatures...."

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-02-09, 12:54 PM
Scabi

*badda badda badda bum bum takka whump taptaptaptap tink whack thumpa da da kerbump whack whack boom tunk badda clunk tap tap thump tunk tunk whap*

Describe them...

The spell the ability is modeled after says it should be able to give exact descriptions...

Threeshades
2008-02-09, 01:52 PM
This is gonna take some time, because i havent even mapped out the house yet so i will do that now. It will take some time.

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-02-09, 01:58 PM
He was just referring to the sewers entrance in this case. I don't insist on a description of the entire guild populace, that'd be cruel :smallwink:

Threeshades
2008-02-10, 04:46 PM
Scabi

"Warriors... large by your means... muscly, carrying swords and armor. Green hide... sharp teeth, glowing eyes, disorderly manes, crooked noses... claws... loud.", the building speaks in fragments but yet gives a complete description of the creatures down inside it.

------------------------

Hyorin
You're standing in the tavern, in front of the shivering red haired man, who just opened to you what sounds mostly like the talk of a madman.

------------------------

Jailbird, Krark, Morin, Lathlan, Albireo and Pyll

You're standing in the middle of the street, basically doing nothing.

Jael_Darkwood
2008-02-10, 04:56 PM
Jailbird

Following Scabi's gaze, he sees an entrance to the sewers. With a shrug, he slinks over. Move Silent : [roll0]Hide :[roll1]

OOC : Standing in the middle of the street? methinks not :) perpetually hidden in shadows, that's more likely.

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-02-10, 06:15 PM
Scabi

"From your shoulder, where is there within where one of your many members are not?" he listens for the answer and then, Go back to your rest, Va'ra..."

With that he glances about and rejoins with the group.

"I have a good deal of information." he says as he approaches, and his foot idly taps the ground with his words.

Scabi relays what he has learned from the spirit of the building and finishes, "So we may very well be able to enter entirely at our leisure... after fighting whatever is below. There is an alternative however. I could get us all within directly in secret, but I cannot guarantee there are not alarms built into the construction. However, cannot guarantee the guards below will not sound an alarm, so I say staying above is a better bet."

Proven_Paradox
2008-02-10, 06:26 PM
Lathlan considers this with a frown. "We need to take pains to stay undetected methinks. A fight doesn't sound like that'd do the trick, but if we trick some magic alarms of some sort we're just as bad off. We need to get together and talk this out."

Threeshades
2008-02-10, 06:29 PM
"To my back there is silence.", the buildings last answer is before it sinks into silence with a sigh that sounds like the wind clanging through an empty corridor.

SirGhandi
2008-02-10, 09:05 PM
Pyll

Piping in, Pyll provides some potentially promising propositions. "Seems to me, if there were alarms, then our dear Scabi would have set them off already by walking up to the building and knocking on it, so we either face the fact that it isn't warded from the outside, or it is and they're already aware of someone crossing their threshold. Either way, we should proceed with a plan.

"Entering through the sewer is classic, and overdone. If they're really about revolution and throwing off the yoke of the guilds, then they'll be expecting a confrontation, they're planning on a confrontation. We could barrel in, kick a few heads in, and deal as much damage as possible, then clean up later, but that also proves to be problematic. We take Scabi's suggestion, we should circumvent their basic defenses. They might have anticipated something of that nature, and barred us from entering such, but I doubt we'll run into more resistance because of it, merely find the path blocked,. So, if you're asking, I like Scabi's idea the best."

Proven_Paradox
2008-02-10, 09:50 PM
Lathlan's expression darkens as Pyll immediately suggests violence, but this fades quickly. "One thing I'm wonderin'... we're just here to gather information, yeah? Maybe we could just join 'em? Well, a couple of us, anyway. That way we just get in through the front door and get the information we need given to us freely. I mean, I know they aren't gonna be forthcoming on sensitive stuff to new members and all, but at the very least we wouldn't have to sneak into the place and we'd have an excuse for bein' there if we get caught."

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-02-10, 09:54 PM
"Or we could persuade another to do it in our stead." Scabi responds thoughtfully. "Though a member already within would be ideal if we could catch one."

A brief looking of delicious cunning passes before his face, "And I think I may have a plan to let us both catch one and make an entrance for ourselves. A trap shall we say."

SirGhandi
2008-02-10, 10:39 PM
Pyll

"In such matters, I can be very convincing. I have a certain knack for enchantments, and may be able to charm one of them, if we can take pains to make it seem inconspicuous."

Random NPC
2008-02-11, 10:39 AM
Hyorin

He seems preoccupied by the ramblings of the old man. Hyorin knows that man has seen death. "Who killed them, old man? Who murdered those people."



Rolling for Diplomacy?

[roll0]

Threeshades
2008-02-11, 11:30 AM
Hyorin

"Claws! Teeth! So many!!", the man suddenly screams pulls off the sash holding his sheathed sword and tosses it away. As the sheath hits the ground the sword comes out and its battered blade is revealed. The blade is broken off at half length and the edges covered in a strange purple substance.
"DON'T! Please... I... please... get them out of my HEAD!!"

Random NPC
2008-02-11, 12:24 PM
Hyorin

The pandakin moves his hand and holds the grip of his sword almost drawing it, when Burt Redfox takes out the sword, he then relaxes as Burt throws it. He notices the sword and makes a mental note to take it to the party. Hyorin moves closer to Burt.

"Where?" He asks concerned. The implication of having beasts connected to the Guild is lingering now in his mind.

Threeshades
2008-02-11, 01:48 PM
Hyorin

Burt suddenly grasps the fur on Hyorins arm and stares at him with panic in his eyes: "NO! Don't go there! They will get you... you will doom us all! Don't lead them here!"


--------------------

Krark
They're totally just heading for the easy way. SAY SOMETHING!

Whip out your halberd and decapitate the front door guards or something!

Proven_Paradox
2008-02-12, 12:24 PM
Lathlan takes a sidelong glance at Krark with a raised eyebrow, obviously having expected him to say something in protest. After a moment he simply turns back to the others and says, "Gotta hammer out the details still, but yeah, sounds like th' start of a plan. Might wanna get Hyorin in on this, though. He walked down 'at way," he says, nodding his head in the direction the pandakin departed.

Random NPC
2008-02-12, 09:18 PM
Hyorin

The pandakin looks more preoccupied. "Go where? Lead who here?" He insists again.

Can someone pick me up :smallbiggrin:

[roll0] for an answer.

Jael_Darkwood
2008-02-12, 11:11 PM
Jailbird

From the shadows a voice speaks : "Look, have we decided on which entrance to try? I can always just get myself straight inside, but unfortunately I can't take passengers... So, if we all want to go, we'll have to choose a more mundane route.... Unless one of you can magick the rest inside... In any case, if we are to try a mundane entrance, it probably would be best for me to scout ahead, you can all plan out our course of action while I get a bit more information."

Threeshades
2008-02-13, 11:59 AM
Hyorin

"Please don't! Please! They will follow you. You will lead them here, they will take us all! Eat us! Feed us to their breed!", Redfox grabs his own hair while hiding his face behind his forearms.

Im not quite done with some details about "them" so i will have to keep him muttering for a while

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-02-13, 12:14 PM
"Would someone who saw the bear leave fetch him then?" Scabi says politely but dryly.

Proven_Paradox
2008-02-13, 08:48 PM
Looking up to the afternoon sun, Lathlan sighs and says, "Seems like we're rushing in to this. What was the last thing the building said? Silence at my back or something like that? Do you know what that could mean, Scabi? An' I'll go get Hyorin, I guess..." He waits for an answer from Scabi before going off to find the pandakin.

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-02-13, 09:27 PM
"It meant that there was no one currently occupying that section of its construction. We are not rushing however, but pulling in all our numbers to discuss our course of action. In fact, let us all head for the tavern. We are rather conspicuous I believe." Scabi replies evenly and follows Lathlan.

Random NPC
2008-02-14, 10:04 AM
Hyorin

The pandakin sighs. He didn't like to use aggression on the civilians.

You leave me no other choise, man. He thinks. Hyorin then proceeds to show his size. An animal intimidating another one in order to get what he wants. "Where are those things?" He speaks softly, but there's a heavy predatory air around him. His imposing prescense would more than likely leave Burt more traumatized in the end, but Hyorin would get answers.


A bear gotta do what a bear gotta do :smallannoyed:

[roll0] to get answers

Threeshades
2008-02-14, 11:21 AM
Hyorin
Burt stands up hastily throwing over his chair and takes a step back searching his side for his sword with his hand. His eyes seem to widen even more. He then falls on his knees and crawls backward into a corner.
"In the south! South of here! Please! Please don't go there!"

------------------------------------

Lathlan, Scabi and anyone else who's following
As you enter the tavern you see Hyorin standing at a table in a corner. Before him a red-haired man is cowering with his back against the wall and eyes widened in panic.

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-02-14, 11:40 AM
Scabi goes and taps pandaman on the shoulder but then glances around his bulk to see the cowering figure.

"Oh, sorry, didn't mean to interrupt your feeding time." he says dead-panned and walks over to a chair and sits down to watch the show.

Random NPC
2008-02-14, 08:37 PM
Hyorin

"I don't like eating meat." He says as he turns to Scabi. "Besides, I'm done with him." He walks up to Burt's sword and takes it. "I don't know what have you found, but according to my friend there, 'Claws and teeth' can be found on the south. Probably some monsters." He gives the sword to Scabi. "There's blood on the broken blade I believe. It would be nice if anyone can tell me what kind of beast they fought"

He turns to Burt and nods his head at him. "I'm sorry I scared you." Hyorin then grabs an apple and eats eat whole. He takes some of the Ale he bought and drinks it too. A full mug is still on the table.

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-02-14, 08:43 PM
Scabi's eyes go slightly dead as his irony not only goes over Hyorin's head, but is swallowed up into tortured oblivion.

"The south of what?" he asks, crossing one leg over the other.

Threeshades
2008-02-16, 10:08 AM
"What did you do to poor Burt? He looks even more devastated than a few minutes ago.", the halfling barkeep now stands at your table.
"I guess I will give him a bed for this night for free. He could really need it... However, does anyone of you fine people wish to have a drink?"

Random NPC
2008-02-18, 11:32 AM
Hyorin

The pandakin sighs. "You are right, south of where?" He shakes his head. "I've done too much damage right now. And besides, I don't think this matter is important. I would assume you found something, have you?" He then looks at the bartender. "I'll pay for this old man's bed for the night. If he's still in a bad condition, I guess you could give him the second night for free." He sighs again.



I'm playing a more Chaotic/Neutral Good character than I thought:smalleek:

Threeshades
2008-02-18, 05:01 PM
"You are a kindhearted man, master pandakin.", the barkeep waves a barmaid, a you black-haired woman in a simple brown wool skirt and white shirt.
"Will you get Burt over there to a room for the night, dear?"
The barmaid nods and goes to carefully help Redfox up from the ground and leads the shivering man upstairs.

Proven_Paradox
2008-02-18, 05:35 PM
Lathlan looks on with a frown as the man is taken away by the barmaid. "What the devil happened to that poor man?" He seems distracted for a moment, before he looks to the barkeep and says, "I'll have an ale."

Threeshades
2008-02-20, 05:15 PM
"Of course, master kijyan any other wishes?"

Threeshades
2008-02-23, 07:46 AM
"So I take it this silence means no other wishes.", the halfling heads off to the bar to fill up a mug of ale for Lathlan.

Proven_Paradox
2008-02-23, 01:07 PM
Lathlan nods, waits to get his ale and for the barkeep to give them some distance, and turns to the pandakin. He says, with a low voice, so that only those assembled at the table can hear, "So, here's what we got..." He goes on to quietly relay the information to Hyorin.

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-02-24, 07:24 PM
Scabi listens to the exchange, only chiming in to add details to the story.

-=-=-=-

OOC: Can the forums please stay up for more than 5 minutes... have posted half a dozen times in the last couple days.

Random NPC
2008-02-25, 11:23 AM
Hyorin

The pandakin nods at Lathlan and Scabi. "So, what is the course of action now? Also, it makes me wonder if those things the building described are the same which bothered that old man. And by the description, they sound like Orcs." He says quietly, with his roughed voice.

Proven_Paradox
2008-02-25, 04:08 PM
Lathlan shrugs and says, "I'm not convinced we can't do what we wanna do without just joining them for a while, but the others seem set on sneaking in... I'll go along with whatever everyone else thinks needs to be done."

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-02-28, 06:12 PM
"And why would they take us in? A society so wishing to keep its secrets would be likely to use truth-saying spells and the like, or some way to ascertain our intentions. We need information on how they would go about this, and my idea of capturing a guild member to know how to proceed is my recommendation." Scabi says with a deliverance nigh inspiring. It doesn't just seem a way, but possibly the only way when he speaks of it like he does.

Diplomacy = [roll0]


OOC: My apologies for slow posting. A lot of stuff going on at my end.

Threeshades
2008-02-29, 12:39 PM
The barkeep returns to put the mug of ale on the table next to Lathlan.
"If I may help you just call for me or one of my girls, I will be right over there. If you can't see me, it means I'm standing behind the bar.", he smirks and heads back to the bar.

I also need to apologize for my absence lately, i hope everyone is still there

Proven_Paradox
2008-03-06, 11:06 PM
Lathlan accepts the ale with a nod and waits for the barkeep to wander off before responding, still keeping his voice low. "Yeah, that'd work too. How do you figure we might go about that though? There are a lot 'a things that could go wrong with that kind 'a plan."

So, I didn't reply thinking to give someone else a chance to get a word in, then forgot about the thread... Many apologies.

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-03-07, 09:17 AM
"It would be an easy task to move within, and only if defenses were built into its very structure would we be detected." Scabi explains. "A trap would then be set to ensnare one of their members, a very simple one where they would be unable to release a warning. They would then be at our mercy and in a position to be 'coerced' shall we say."

Jael_Darkwood
2008-03-23, 09:07 PM
Jailbird

Speaking up suddenly from the shadows : "I will go inside and scout... It is doubtful they will be able to detect or notice me. The rest of you can decide on your plan of entry. If I hear you enter, I will come and inform you of what I learn, otherwise I will come back here in one or two hours and meet you here."

The shadows shift slightly in one corner, and from that you understand that Jailbird has left the room.
move silently [roll0], hide [roll1], shadow step from outside the guildhouse to the closest patch of shadows within. Lets get this party started!

SirGhandi
2008-03-24, 06:33 AM
Pyll

"Good luck!"

and that carries a second OOC meaning as well. This group needs a leader, and Threeshades, if I may make a suggestion, make longer posts that leave an imperative response, not this open-ended banter that has allowed things to drag out. I'm still in this, but we need guidance.