PDA

View Full Version : Corrath - Group 2 IC



Pages : [1] 2

Threeshades
2008-01-20, 02:22 PM
Another unnamed slums quarter of Agrarryn. The ground under your feet is soiled with all imaginable kinds of filth. Left and right of you homeless are starving to death or dying from the filth fever. The area is abandoned by the guilds and the authorities equally. No one cares who lives or dies here. Rynna is not very far away. Yet you feel as far away from civilization as you can still get in Corrath.
The people of the slums are too occupied by their own ailments and problems to regard you. A little boy none older than seven years is sneaking through the ruins carrying a stick trying to catch a rat for lunch, and probably dinner too. As the boy spots the party passing through the filthy, rubble covered city he screams in terror and tries to run away tripping and hobbling through the ruins.
Under a decayed archway before you a figure in a black hooded cloak is standing and playing with a decorated silver dagger. As you pass under the archway he speaks without looking up at you, still seeming busy with his skillful play with the dagger: "It was about time you came. We've been waiting for a while already."
You don't know what man is talking about. You didn't recieve any new missions since you completed the last one.

Fights should be posted in Initiative order.
Everyone pick a speech color as normal.
OOC comments and all rolls should be done in a spoiler tag at the end of the post.
If you plan on a series of actions just write it down as if the rolls succeeded and make all the rolls in one post. If at any point a roll didnt succeed I will write to you what happened instead and you should edit your post accordingly.

OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3811418)

The_Snark
2008-01-20, 04:17 PM
Merien

The half-elf woman picks her way carefully over the debris, her dark green skirts making the task slightly more difficult than it would have been otherwise. The filth about her has put a slight grimace on her face—or maybe that's the rampant poverty. She looks sadly for a moment afer the boy as he runs away, then shrugs and turns her attention to the one figure in the slums who isn't ignoring them. They were only passing through, but as they were between jobs right now...

"I'm sorry, friend," she says to the black-clad figure, "have we met before?"

kentma57
2008-01-20, 04:18 PM
Looking to the bunny riding on shoulder Richard says: "Crispy is this your doing?"

Kyeudo
2008-01-20, 04:21 PM
Daren

Daren walks through the ruined district of the city, saddened by the decay and dispair around him. He can offer little aid. His ability to heal sickness is limited, and he has little money with which to provide food to the countless poor. Wishing he could help and contemplating ways in which he might meaningfuly help, Daren turns away from the suffering of the poor and on to the road ahead.

When the figure speaks, Daren is immediately suspicious. Few in this part of town speak with strangers, and those that would confidently aproach a well armed group are fewer still. Throwing back the edge of his cape, the knight rests a hand nonchalantly on the hilt of his sword. "I did not know we were expected. What buisness do you have with us?"


In case they are needed:
Spot:[roll0]
Listen:[roll1]

Drago
2008-01-20, 04:25 PM
Bjorn Silverhand (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=38288)

Looking around Bjorn mentions, "This might just be the way I fled Rynna, I'm not really sure though it was dark then", off handedly trying to remember. When the black hooded figure addressed them Bjorn's hand immediately dropped to his waist, "Waiting? For us?" He eyed the stranger before continuing, "Good sir, I as well would like to know why you were waiting for us?"

A raven landed on the archway above them, seemingly taking up a vigilant watch. It glared around intently before diving at a rat, upon missing it flew back to its perch on the arch and surveyed the slums again.

Threeshades
2008-01-20, 04:42 PM
In a swift movement the darkly clad figure tosses his dagger in the air and catches it with ease in the same movement making it disappear under his cloak.
Under his hood you can see his mouth surrounded by a short-trimmed dark brown beard and mousatche pulling a grin.
"I can guarantee you, the bunny has nothing to do with this."
He pulls back his hood revealing a slender male face surrounded by black shoulder-long hair.
"Please. Let's not fall into senseless acts of violence. My masters wouldn't be too happy if i had to report your deaths to them. We've been watching you for a while now and we decided your service could be of use to our organization."
Daren sees nothing except the sickly beggars scattered on the sides of the street and hears nothing besides their occasional faint moans.

Kyeudo
2008-01-20, 04:46 PM
Daren

"That depends on what your organization is." Daren does not take his hand from the hilt of his sword.

Threeshades
2008-01-20, 05:04 PM
The man before you strokes through his hair with his gloved right hand revealing his slightly pointed ears for a moment. He spreads his arms.
"Take a look around. I could see this image is getting you as much as it is to me... We're the ones who want this to end..."
The half-elf turns away from you and stares down the street you were about to head to.
"And if this doesn't interest you. We offer you decent payments."

kentma57
2008-01-20, 05:10 PM
"Will it put me in a position on power?"

Kyeudo
2008-01-20, 05:15 PM
(Is that the Bunny talking?)

"You have my attention."

The_Snark
2008-01-20, 05:27 PM
Merien

Merien nods slightly, tilting her head to look at the (half-elven?) man. "I'm listening. What is it that you think we can do for you?"

kentma57
2008-01-20, 05:33 PM
(Is that the Bunny talking?)

"You have my attention."

OOC:
Red is for when Richard talks. As far as you know Richard is just crazy(though he probably is) and talks to a bunny.(the paladins could have told you it's evil)

Note: the crispy(the bunny) would speak in the bunny language anyways and Richard would understand because of the comune with farmiliar ability.

Threeshades
2008-01-20, 05:37 PM
He sighs.
"I guess it's only the money anymore that makes people talk."
He produces a bag of money. "These are 400 platinum pieces. If you take the job you will get them right away. And additional 800 when you're done."
He turns to Richard: "If that's all you're striving for... well we can offer you something, if you prove useful of our cause."

He pauses mustering the party: "I believe we should go somewhere safer to discuss the terms."
He tucks away the bag of money and turns. "Please follow me."

Drago
2008-01-20, 05:38 PM
Bjorn Silverhand (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=38288)

Bjorn walks up to, and stands beside, the half elf, "Gold's fine, I'm sure they'd agree with me too," Bjorn spread his arms to imply everyone in the slums. I'm Bjorn Silverhand and the slightly power hungry sorcerer there is Richard, though you needn't pay all that much attention to his... rather unique attitude. I fell there isn't much need for us to introduce our selves though, so may I ask who are you?"

Waiting for the others to post before moving on, may be a wise thing to do.

Threeshades
2008-01-20, 05:42 PM
The half-elf stops.
"Where are my manners? Of course, my name is Leas Swiftheart."

Indeed. You're right.

kentma57
2008-01-20, 05:43 PM
Richard follows the man...

Kyeudo
2008-01-20, 05:56 PM
Daren

"Somewhere less dangerous would be a better place to talk, I agree. My name is Daren Blacksteel."

Threeshades
2008-01-20, 06:06 PM
I'll go have sme sleep now. Be back tomorrow afternoon. This way I'll also leave a chance for others to post, agree or interject with the others' decisions

SurlySeraph
2008-01-20, 06:09 PM
Isidro

An ornately dressed, very pale man walks up from behind Daren and addresses the cloaked man with a smile. "Glad to make your acquaintance, Mr. Swiftheart. My name is Isidro Muersin - but since you've been watching us, I expect you know that already, no? But speculating about what you know doesn't help any of us - you, my companions, or the poor. We will go with you, Leas. You seem noble enough - you have the courage to stand alone in an unsafe place, and the compassion to stand among the downtrodden. I trust that you will not lead us into evil." Isidro follows the man.


Diplomacy check to improve his attitude towards us: [roll0] (+5 CHA modifier, 8 ranks, +2 synergy bonus from Sense Motive)

Sense Motive check to see if he's really as trustworthy as I'm saying he is: [roll1] (+3 WIS modifier, 5 ranks)

Dorizzit
2008-01-20, 06:21 PM
Oliver picks his way through the streets of the slums of the city with a practiced, easy grace in his usual appearance, that of a dashing human with brown hair. He removes his hat and dips into a light bow as Leas introduces himself. "Pleased to make your acquaintance. I am Oliver the Quick. Anyone who tries to help these people is a friend of mine."

The_Snark
2008-01-20, 06:39 PM
Merien

"Safer?" Merien looks at Leas quizzically. "Well, you know the area best, I imagine. I'm Merien, by the way, if you didn't know that already," she says with a smile. "Lead on, m'dear, I think we're all content to follow."

Threeshades
2008-01-20, 07:02 PM
Leas turns to Isidro with a smile. "Well, friend, you think too much of me. Noble or not, I am a man wise enough to know it isn't a good idea to stand here alone. I care for these people as much as I can, but I never show myself alone here. There are those who know, someone dying out here won't be found or missed.", he looks to the ground "Travellers are but mere profit to them. Blooded gold if you will. And I've shown of my riches too much already. I hope this doesn't affect my trustworthyness in your eyes. We need to be safe out here. Though I am glad to see someone has the heart to help these people for their sake, and not for only the gold. Yet you will be generously rewarded for your deeds."
Leas points up to an old crackling balcony far up the high wall of a massive ruined building, where you see two figures wearing the same black cloaks as Leas putting down their longbows.
He then turns to Oliver: "Well met, I see you too probably wouldn't be comfortable to show off this impressive armor of yours in public."
Finally he turns to Merien with a deep bow: "Thank you, Miss Merien, I am glad to see you all can trust me.
I also should greet the rest of your companions. I am sorry that we have to meet under these conditions and that it has built such tension between us."

Okay that really was the last one for today

kentma57
2008-01-20, 07:24 PM
Richard falls back to the rest of the party and says: "Crispy is wondering what you think about this guy, who do you think he works for?"

playswithfire
2008-01-20, 08:33 PM
Alrik (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=38287)

Stepping forward from against the wall he had begun leaning against when Leas began to speak, Alrik turns to address Richard, though he intentionally directs his gaze to the rabbit. "As for who he works for, I have no idea and not that much interest. If his money is good, then I am interested in the work, as he clearly recognizes he is hiring quality talent. If those here can profit from my work, that is all to the good for them, but I would take this job solely for the challenge and the money." Sizing up the others in the group, Alrik decides to continue "I doubt this will be a problem for all of you, as being here means you can all deal with the abnormal, but you should all see what's in this pack on my back." Moving his two visible arms to reach over his shoulder as if to pull something out and watching the eyes of the group to see that they are all watching those hands, Alrik quickly pulls his two other arms out from the lower pouch of the pack where he'd been hiding them and claps them together loudly. Chuckling softly, he uses the two arms near his head to pull down the hood he'd been wearing and continues, ""Well, if we're going to do this, I'm certainly willing to lend a hand." and allows a large grin to come to his face, making his fangs all the more apparent. His point made, he folds both sets of arms across his torso and awaits the group's further discussion.

kentma57
2008-01-20, 08:42 PM
Only Alrik, who is looking directly at Crispy, notices but Crispy seems to nod in response to his statment...

SurlySeraph
2008-01-20, 08:58 PM
When Alrik reveals his extra arms, Isidro's eyes widen. He is visibly disturbed. "I knew that there was something wrong about you, of course. I can feel it, when I choose. But that - that - may the Stern Lady help me. I've seen one like you before - I was - never mind me. The N'rr will be judged fairly for what they do. That's all I have to say."

Isidro seems to be at a loss for a moment. He walks around in a circle, pulls one of the wands off his belt and glances at it, replaces the wand, reaches for his handaxe and takes his hand off the handle before drawing it.

Finally, Isidro shakes his head, seemingly finished collecting himself. He glances at Leas, then turns to whisper to Richard. "I can't say, I need to think about it. He could be from the Umbra guild for all we know." Isidro chuckles, though he still seems uneasy. "That wasn't thinking about it, of course. He's a good-spirited man who wants our help for a worthy cause, not some world-manipulating overlord. Let me see..." Isidro squints and looks at the ground, searching his memory as he continues to walk.

OOC: I'm using indigo for my speech now, so as not to hurt people's eyes.

I doubt any of these will get me any information, but might as well...

Knowledge: Arcana [roll0] (+2 INT, 9 ranks)

Knowledge: Nobility [roll1] (+2 INT, 9 ranks)

Knowledge: Religion [roll2] (+2 INT, 9 ranks)

Neftren
2008-01-20, 10:20 PM
Delnar Wintersbane

Quietly whistling under his breath, Delnar examines the man closely, before turning to Isidro. "So what do you reckon this guy wants us to do? Hopefully it's a paying job, unlike last time."

Letting his right hand drift onto his rapier and the left onto his wand, he wonders about what the job is this time, if it even is a job. Hopefully he could find this "time flux" soon, and get it over with.

Drago
2008-01-20, 10:54 PM
Bjorn Silverhand (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=38288)

Bjorn was paying little heed to what's going on behind him is engaged in conversation with Leas about what the actually do to help these deprived people.

Meanwhile, as the group traveled farther from the archway the raven took off and started to catch up. It buzzed uncomfortably close to crispy, circled Richard's head a few times and landed on his shoulder. The raven cocked its head to the side and said "This Leas seems trustworthy enough, his friends with the bows could have taken us out long ago," and with that, before Richard could respond, Munin took off. "He's mentioned gold a few times now," Munin cawed as he passed Delnar.

Bjorn raised his hand for his familiar to land on. He let Munin off onto his shoulder, he never missed a beat in his conversation with Leas, it was merely habit after so long.

Munin is Bjorn's raven familiar, nuff said.

I believed are character's have known each other for awhile or am I mistaken? Or is it that some of the characters have been in the grop longer than others?

SurlySeraph
2008-01-20, 11:57 PM
Isidro

"I'm not sure, Delnar. Leas says the job he has for us will help the people. Men hire mercenaries for one of two reasons: they want to protect something or they want to destroy something. Perhaps Leas has found an oppressor to blame for these conditions, or wants us to find something that he thinks can alleviate them. I don't know what could help all the poor of this district at once, though, except lower bread prices and maybe a fast cure for the filth fever. In any case, Leas will explain it to us soon enough."

Kyeudo
2008-01-21, 12:18 AM
Daren

Daren is unfazed by Alrik's extra arms. "Money is all well and fine, but I must know what this man wants of us before I will be at ease."


I would surmise that we are all somewhat familiar with each other, enough to put names to faces, but some have been here longer than others.

BTW, does Alrik's negative levels ability have a clause to prevent the dead from rising as Wights?

Neftren
2008-01-21, 11:06 AM
Delnar

"Well it's not like it really matters... chances are we'll take the job anyway. Unless it's a catastrophic result that would occur... say, has anyone actually talked to him yet? I mean, sure he's given us a downpayment, but it'd be nice to know what he wants us to do...

Say Leas, what's the job?"

Threeshades
2008-01-21, 11:10 AM
"How I wish it would be that easy. Just to find an effective way to stop these horrible conditions. But it's hard work and we need every hand to make this world a place worth living in."
He turns to Delnar: "As I said before we would be comfortable to speak about it in a place where the walls don't tend to have perceptive organs, if you know what I mean.", he smirks ironically before his face turns back to a weary expression.
Leas leads you down the long road while talking. From time to time more men in black cloaks drop from terrasses and low roofs to accompany you.
"At the moment we're working hard to undermine the influence of the Fifteen.", by the Fifteen you know he means the fifteen major guilds of Corrath. "I'm terribly sorry, but I'm afraif cannot tell you much more about us than this. My masters don't allow me to indulge you to everything until you proved yourselves committed to our cause. We have too many, too powerful enemies to give away ourselves like that. I hope you understand our concerns, considering how I have been talking about the value of trust earlier."
As he leads you to a narrow alley at the right side of the road stretching out among the buildings like a canyon, two of his men swiftly climb up the facades left and right to the alley and another two men draw their bows and search the area with an arrow at the ready.


Isidro cannot find any signs marking Leas as belonging to a religion, guild or other noble family or organization, neither can he identify anything arcane

Neftren
2008-01-21, 11:16 AM
Delnar

"Uhh, you aren't expecting anyone to attack us... are you?"

Firmly grasping his sword and preparing himself to cast his favorite spell, Delnar glances around nervously. He definitely hoped he didn't have to fight anyone in the narrow alleyway.

Dorizzit
2008-01-21, 12:23 PM
Oliver speaks. "Analysis of the current situation would indicate that he anticipates at the very least the possibility of armed conflict. Does that sufficiently answer your question?"

Threeshades
2008-01-21, 12:24 PM
"No. We're not expecting anything in particular. But you can't be safe enough."

Dorizzit
2008-01-21, 12:24 PM
Oliver nods. "Agreed."

kentma57
2008-01-21, 12:34 PM
"I don't know I was completely safe once and it got boring fast.." says Richard with a bitt of a laugh

SurlySeraph
2008-01-21, 02:49 PM
Isidro

"You speak the truth, one can't be safe enough. Now, if you wouldn't mind, I think I'll take another precaution..."

A raven circling overhead swoops down and lands on Isidro's shoulder. Isidro nods at the bird, then intones some formula. A brief flash of light appears around his body, then fades.

Casting Protection from Arrows, sharing spell with familiar. DR 10 vs. ranged weapons, lasts 10 hours.

Kyeudo
2008-01-21, 04:58 PM
Daren

"I take it this is your 'safer place'? Let's get down to buisness. What do you specificaly want from us?"

The_Snark
2008-01-21, 05:23 PM
Merien

Merien follows at a leisurely pace, looking about them and taking everything in, although she looks relaxed rather than on her guard. "There's no hurry," she reminds Daren gently. "Leas will explain as soon as he feels it's secure, I'm sure." She glances at Leas for him to confirm this.

Drago
2008-01-21, 05:27 PM
Bjorn Silverhand (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=38288)

Bjorn nods knowingly toward Isidro, "Yes Leas, once your ready too, would you please tell us how exactly we can help?"

Threeshades
2008-01-21, 05:52 PM
"We're here." he points to a cellar door at the bottom of a small set of stairs leading down a few feet beneath the ground level. He easily jumps down to the door, pushes it open heads on inside. You find yourself in what used to be a wine cellar.
"Excuse the mess." Leas says with a smirk as he proceeds to the naked wall on the opposite end of the room and draws his dagger to knock a strange rythm against the wall with its pommel.
A brick in the wall moves back into the wall and disappears to reveal a pair of eyes.
"Daddy brought guests." Leas says to the pair of eyes on the other side of the wall.
Immeadiately the brick reappears and a whole section of the wall starts to push out like a door. Behind the door you see a dwarf with a messy black beard and a bald head, a brown haired woman with blue eyes and a tall, wide shouldered pandakin, all of them clad in the same black cloaks as Leas and his archers, but revealing dark blue cloth outfits under black studded leather armors. "Come on in." the woman says briefly and waves you over to her.

Dorizzit
2008-01-21, 05:56 PM
Oliver nimbly steps through the mess, taking in the room and storing the information for later use. He walks over towards the woman as directed.

The_Snark
2008-01-21, 06:12 PM
Merien

Merien has a smile for the three new folk. "Thank you," she says, making her way through the mess into the secret chamber. "A pleasure to meet you all. I'm Merien." She extends a hand to the dwarf, who happens to be closest.

Threeshades
2008-01-21, 06:27 PM
The scruffy dwarf smiles, grabs Merien's arm above the wrist firmly with a satisfied grunt: "Th' name's Korgat." he says in a voice unusually silent for a dwarf. He points at first the pandakin, then the woman: "These be Komaru an' Meira."
Korgat looks up at Leas: "Guess Leas alredy intraduced himself ta ye. The ol' tattletale he is."

kentma57
2008-01-21, 06:35 PM
"Gald to meet you Korgat, and you too Komaru, Meira. I am; The Grand Pyromancer, Lord of flames, Duke of ashes, High Priest of Crispy; but everyone just calls me Richard."

playswithfire
2008-01-21, 06:53 PM
Alrik

Stepping forward and extending one right hand to each of the two new people. Korgat, Komaru, I'm Alrik

Threeshades
2008-01-21, 06:54 PM
"Crispy." the Pandakin throws in with an incredibly calm and even voice.
"Forgive me, I am not very familiar with the pantheons of Lefenn. Is that Crispy you speak of a god of the olympian pantheon?"

kentma57
2008-01-21, 07:09 PM
"No, he is not. He begain to speak to me when I was a child and has guided me since; he is the one responsible for my arcane might, and so I give him the respect he deserves."

SurlySeraph
2008-01-21, 07:51 PM
Isidro

Isidro glances between Komaru and Richard, trying to formulate an explanation that won't offend or condescend to either of them. "Mr. Komaru, you may be advised that Crispy is, or rather has taken the form of, the rabbit on Richard's shoulder. I'm not entirely clear on the theological details, and I'm sure Richard can explain more about Crispy should you should want to ask. In any case, I myself serve a deity of magic, if a somewhat more distant one." Isidro pauses to shake Komaru's paw, and Korgat and Meira's hands. "My name is Isidro Muersin, and I am a paladin of Wee Jas. I hope that the mission you have for us is one that She will smile upon, good sirs and madam. As we are now assembled in a secure place, would you be so kind as to explain the details of this task?"

Diplomacy: [roll0]
Can't hurt.

Dorizzit
2008-01-21, 08:05 PM
Oliver bows to the assembled group. "I am Oliver the Quick. Consider yourself unlucky if you ever find out who I am. Who knows, you might survive finding out what I am...and to be fair, it's more likely that Richard is just nuts."

The_Snark
2008-01-21, 08:12 PM
Merien

Merien offers her hand to Komaru and Meira as well, with a smile for each of them whether or not they accept it. "As much as I hate to rush through the pleasantries-"she gives a hint of a wince as her companions cut bluntly to the point"-you did bring us here for a reason, I understand, and an important one at that. Leas here has been hinting at things, but he's refused to say anything definite until now. Can you enlighten us?"

Drago
2008-01-21, 08:14 PM
Bjorn Silverhand (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=38288)

"Greetings, Korgat, Komaru, Meira, I'm Bjorn Silverhand," Bjorn dips into a deep, sweeping bow upon saying his name, "I don't have any titles quite as impressive as Richard's," he laughs before straightening up. "I am rather famous at the Mages Guild in Rynna though, perhaps even a little too famous, to be of any use to you, if you plan on sending us their for anything. As far as I know they may want my head, I never stuck around long enough to find out." Munin, from his masters head, lets out a caw and takes a bow in pure parody of Bjorn. "And that's Munin my friend not my deity, I can assure you." He grinned widely, and leaned against the nearest wall.

kentma57
2008-01-21, 08:28 PM
"Crispy think we should get down to buisness"

Kyeudo
2008-01-21, 08:39 PM
Daren

"Oddly, I find myself in agreement with the rabbit."

Drago
2008-01-21, 09:03 PM
"As much as I hate to admit it, I'd have to agree with Crispzys the God Bunny," Bjorn's familiar noted.

"As do I."

It's official, the raven is very suspicious, and somewhat condescending to the rabbit and just generally snarky.

kentma57
2008-01-21, 09:22 PM
"It's Crispy, not Crispzys" says Richard with the upmost seriousness and a scowl on his face.

Neftren
2008-01-22, 08:48 AM
Delnar

Stepping inside, he nods to the three. "I'm Delnar Wintersbane, traveling bard and duelist. Now what's the job you have for us...?"

Threeshades
2008-01-22, 10:24 AM
"Of course there is no time to waste.", Komaru says sitting down at a table deeper inside the dimly lighted room and puts his hand on the neck of an animal that has a strong resemblance with him, it just seems slightly bigger and isnt wearing any clothes. It sits on the ground next to him in a fashion very similar to a human child and still easily reached up to eye height with the Pandakin sitting on the chair.
As you all enter the room that seems to stretch far under the building complexes you've been walking between on the surface of the city, you see a lot more people in the black and blue uniforms. Under the table you spot a male halfling focused on eagerly snapping open a series of different locks spread out in front of him with his lockpicks. Far behind Komaru a half-drow and a human, both female, are engaged in a training fight, each armed with a pair of shortswords. Deeper down in the large room that is suspending its ceiling with a few rows of broad stone columns you see even more people engaged in different kinds of business, like tailoring cloaks, sharpening weapons, inspecting food rations or practicing whatever seemed to be their very own craft.
Behind yourselves you hear two of the archers pulling the heavy secret door shut.
"Please sit down, my friends.", Komaru says pointing at the chairs set up around the table produces a rolled up sheet of parchment. "We've been fighting a guerrilla war against the guilds throughout all Corrath. Our spies however found a weakness - or should I say a main strength - in the Cythian guild's structure."
"They are in posession of an ancient artifact," Meira, standing behind the Pandakin, continues Komaru's sentence "with which they can manipulate and control the flow of arcane energies. It is at the same time an infinite power source for them and an effective null field for any caster they don't want to use their magic against them."
"Cenveniently," Korgat takes up the thread, "they's not hidin' it in their blasted red tower. We dunno why they hid it somewhere else..." - "But we guess it's because they fear through a glitch in their magic wards someone would have found it there and so they hid their source of power far away in a place where nobody would find it.", Leas, who continued Korgat's sentence, pauses for a few seconds.
"well as you see it was futile.", he grins.
"The order is simple, yet not easy.", Komaru gains the word again after he has looked at his companions puzzled over how they actually all interchangeably told what he could have - and was intending to - said by himself. "Find that artifact and either take it away from them or destroy it."
"The latter might prove easier though, unless you happen to be in the posession of a portable hole large enough to shove a storm giant through it upright."

Dorizzit
2008-01-22, 10:52 AM
"Do you actually know where it is? Or do we need to find it?"

Threeshades
2008-01-22, 11:16 AM
"Nay! We be jus' sendin' ye out on a global seek an' destroy mission. Jus' fer tha heck of it." Korgat chuckles and points at Komaru who is rolling out the parchment he was holding, revealing it to be a map of Agrarryn.

Dorizzit
2008-01-22, 11:31 AM
Oliver says with a perfectly straight face: "Glad to know we have honest employers, then."

kentma57
2008-01-22, 12:12 PM
"Agrarryn, Crispy says he lived there once..."

If you don't remember...

Agrarryn
Architecture: Antique Roman/Greek
Geography: Hills, plains, many rivers, large lake at the south border
Native races: High Elves, gray Elves, halflings, shoal halflings
Dominant races: Humans
Automatic languages: Agrarryn
Bonus languages: Elven, Halfling, Espian, Hunnah, Monari, Draconic
Climate: Medium temperate
Pantheons and deities: Elven, Halfling, Olympian
Typical classes: Fighter, Wizard, Rogue, Cleric
Leaning forward to get a better view of the map "Do we have an more specific information?"

Threeshades
2008-01-22, 12:53 PM
"Agrarryn, Crispy says he lived there once..."

If you don't remember...

Agrarryn
Architecture: Antique Roman/Greek
Geography: Hills, plains, many rivers, large lake at the south border
Native races: High Elves, gray Elves, halflings, shoal halflings
Dominant races: Humans
Automatic languages: Agrarryn
Bonus languages: Elven, Halfling, Espian, Hunnah, Monari, Draconic
Climate: Medium temperate
Pantheons and deities: Elven, Halfling, Olympian
Typical classes: Fighter, Wizard, Rogue, Cleric
Leaning forward to get a better view of the map "Do we have an more specific information?"

You're in Agrarryn right now.

Here's the world map again in case you missed it in the recruitment thread:
Large picture ahead! (http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/Tobi-Sean/Drawings/Corrathmap.jpg)

You are somewhere near the south east border of the little circle marked with an "S" next to the writing that indicates the city of Rynna

"It seems you're not used to seeing a dwarf being sarcastic." Meira comments Oliver.
As Richard leans over to get a look at the map he sees an X marking a position southwest of Rynna halfway between the city and the lake at the south border.
"You guessed it. It's right there." Meira says seeing Richard examining at the map.

Dorizzit
2008-01-22, 01:02 PM
Oliver smiles. "Apparently you're not used to deadpan humor..."

playswithfire
2008-01-22, 01:34 PM
Alrik

Apparently, humor is a challenging concept and neither have you have fully mastered it. Can we get on with the business at hand? How much, if anything, do we know about the defenses around the object's location? Or do they rely on its manipulation of arcane energies to be a sufficient deterrent to those seeking to take it from them? While waiting for an answer, Alrik begins idly cracking his knuckles one by one as he envisions different tactical scenarios and how to best each of them.

Dorizzit
2008-01-22, 01:58 PM
Oliver looks annoyed. "Apparently politeness is a simple concept and you still have failed to master it. Show some respect." he lightly cuffs Alrik, although the force of the blow is still considerable.

Threeshades
2008-01-22, 02:15 PM
Komaru looks at Oliver, Alrik and Korgat with an expression of uncomprehension: "There are informations about it. But we're puzzled at their meaning. Apparently the magic wards around the building are minimal compared to those of other Cythian houses. But we are sure the artifact is anything but unguarded. Either the Cythian managed to somehow disguise their magic wards to set a trap for anyone finding the place or they rely on raw brutal force to defend their artifact... which we cannot see a reason why for."
The pandakin stares at the map thinking, while the bear next to him falls forward on its feet and walks away from the table.

Kyeudo
2008-01-22, 03:08 PM
Daren

"So, to summarize, you want us to go to a Cythian guild fortress, infiltrate it somehow, dispite a sizable guard force, magic wards, and probably traps, and destroy an artifact that can manipulate arcane magic. How much are you paying us again?, because that sounds like a mission deserving of hazard pay."

The_Snark
2008-01-22, 03:38 PM
Merien

"Be nice," Merien admonishes Oliver and Alrik, with a hint of sharpness. "You haven't been able to find out anything from the Cythians themselves, I take it? That might help you more than observing the magical wards. It sounds like they've found some other way to protect their artifact."

Threeshades
2008-01-22, 04:24 PM
Leas minds Daren with an intense stare before he talks.

"This is what you are paid for. You are mercenaries!"
He takes a look at the map. "We're lucky we could get so much out of our prisoner. He collapsed before we could get this much information out of him."

Kyeudo
2008-01-22, 04:55 PM
Daren

Daren's face hardens at the mention of the prisoner. "I don't like what that implies. Do you commonly torture prisoners for information?"

Threeshades
2008-01-22, 05:16 PM
"We'd be damned if did. There are much more effective methods that are also much more pleasant to both sides.", Meira says.
"We search their minds with the help of psions and wizards. If needed we enchant them. But we don't torture.", Komaru was still focused on the map before him. "The man had a strong will and managed to resist our attempts to enter his mind for a long time. But eventually we could start to read his mind. Just shortly after we could extract informations he already collapsed before our very eyes." he know stares at the party. "We were caring for his health as much as we do for our own men..."

Drago
2008-01-22, 05:31 PM
Bjorn Silverhand (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=38288)

"Then perhaps the prisoner committed suicide, but only after he knew his mind would reveal something important before being rescued. And Daren, please don't jump to conclusions. " Bjorn sits next to Komaru and begins to study the map. "So, which way in would be the least conspicuous."

kentma57
2008-01-22, 05:51 PM
"I like you guys."
"Well if thats all the information you have we should head off before they make this thing any harder to get to or move it all together. If we could borrow some equipment first, we could head out in an hour"

Turning to the other members of the group...

"That's okay with you guys?"

Neftren
2008-01-22, 07:19 PM
Delnar

"Well, I don't see why I shouldn't take a stab at it." Examining the map closely, he tries to remember anything important or significant about the location.

Do you need me to make rolls, or are you rolling skill checks for us? I've got a battery of points in the Knowledge area, as well as Bardic Lore so...

Kyeudo
2008-01-22, 08:01 PM
Daren

"If that is truly the case, then you have my appologies." Daren bows slightly.

The_Snark
2008-01-22, 08:13 PM
Merien

Be polite, Merien mouths at Daren before returning to the business at hand. "So," she sighs, "they've taken precautions against mental intrusion? That does make this a little more difficult, but I imagine we can manage. Do you know anything else—what this artifact might look like, say? I don't imagine you know how we might try to destroy it, but anything else you've found out would help."

kentma57
2008-01-22, 08:30 PM
"Destroy it, Crispy wants to keep it."

The_Snark
2008-01-22, 08:45 PM
Merien

Merien smiles sympathetically. "I'm sure our hosts would love to have it too, dear, but it sounds as if it's too big to carry out. We'll try, of course, but it's best to be prepared just in case, don't you think?"

SurlySeraph
2008-01-22, 10:27 PM
Isidro

Isidro frowns. "I can't say I like the prospect of trying to break the power of an established guild like this. But if the Cythians refuse to use this tool to save lives, than better hands must wield it. I would rather take this artifact from them if it is at all possible; we should not destroy anything that has strength for good. Besides, it would be an insult to my goddess to destroy a symbol of the arcane power over which she rules."

He pauses for a moment, thinking over what was said. "Leas, you said we'd need 'a portable hole large enough to shove a stone giant through' to move the artifact. This artifact... could it be some manner of golem, then? I'm not an expert on golems, but one of our number might be able to help."

Isidro turns to Bjorn. "You used to work with the Cythians. Might there be some way to learn more about their internal affairs? It's not like they'd let you waltz back in and read through all their records, but I'm sure we can find a way to learn more about this artifact."

Knowledge: Arcana (to see if I know anything about this artifact) [roll0]
It would be a good idea for the rest of us with Knowledge: Arcana to check, as well.

Drago
2008-01-23, 12:04 AM
Bjorn Silverhand (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=38288)

A wiry smile flickers across Bjorn's face, turning to face Isidro "Aye, I used to be rather close with the Cythians. It's not like they let me read their records back then either, not that that had ever really stopped me before." Pausing for a moment a serious look crossed Bjorn's face, "I can't seem to recall anything about this artifact, perhaps some hints about it here and there but nothing concrete."

Looking over to Leas, "Leas, you wouldn't happen to know how much Cythian's defences have changed, in say the last decade? I know the terrain in there; it may be worth it to get some intelligence on all this before proceeding." At this point, Bjorn's playful spirit has shrunk away, not so much left him as found in his questions, rather than his answers. His expression is exuberantly contemplative, form how fast his eyes are darting around it is almost possible to tell how quickly he is thinking. "I know it isn't easy to get into the guild, or out if they don't want you leaving for that matter, but inside they never paid all that much attention to where the students where..." Bjorn's voice trails off as he's consumed in thought.

"Stop getting so excited, this isn't the old days where you'd just get yelled at. Now you're liable to get yelled at and have a lightning bolt hit you in the head." After waiting a while for Bjorn's attention, to no avial, Munin shook his head at his master's attitude, then turned back to the map he was standing on and began to study it some more.

Knowledge(Arcana) check [roll0] (artifact)

Threeshades
2008-01-23, 10:39 AM
"Thank you, Miss Merien. We didn't take any offense though. It really might have sounded like we actually tortured the poor soul. And yes, we would like to have it, but we'd rather know it destroyed than take even the chance of it falling into the wrong hands." Leas says and then turns to Richard:
"Of course, Crispy. You may take as many of them as you can carry.", he smiles at Richard and his bunny before he turns to Isidro: "It's set in a remote, mostly abandoned area, you should have no problems with anything except the wildlife and who or whatever is waiting inside the complex.
As for the size, I believe I said storm giant. However, no we don't believe it to be an animated construct."
He then turns to answer Bjorn's question: "No, we haven't noticed any changes to their defenses lately. Presumably they work by the principle never to change a working system."

As to how to destroy it, Meira continues Leas's explanations, "we have no closer information, but it might be possible to destroy it by merely applying physical power. Try to blow it up, smash it to pieces or whatever you can think of. We can also provide you with explosives. But be sure to dispel any protective spells from it first."

Isidro doesn't know anything about the artifact.

Bjorn remembers reading a short passage mentioning a monolithic stone that can be used to influence arcane powers at will over seemingly any distance but he could never find any closer information on it.

kentma57
2008-01-23, 06:09 PM
"I think we have learned all we will; let's go to the armoury and then head out..."

Neftren
2008-01-23, 06:28 PM
Delnar

"Well, I agree. Lets go! The faster we find this... well, you get the idea."

SurlySeraph
2008-01-23, 08:26 PM
"Right. Let's get moving, shall we?"

playswithfire
2008-01-23, 09:03 PM
Sounds good to me.

Kyeudo
2008-01-24, 01:42 AM
Daren

"I am ready to depart whenever we are ready, though I still have doubts as to the risks we will be undertaking during this mission."

Dorizzit
2008-01-24, 06:06 AM
"I can leave at any time."

Drago
2008-01-24, 07:09 AM
Bjorn Silverhand (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=38288)

"Very well, we should see what equipment they can provide us, then be on our way."

The_Snark
2008-01-24, 12:31 PM
Merien

Merien smiles half-regretfully at their hosts. "I hate to be leaving so soon, but a job is a job, as they say. Unless you have anything else for us, I think it's best we set out."

kentma57
2008-01-24, 05:40 PM
"To the armoury!!!"

Threeshades
2008-01-25, 09:35 AM
"Well then," Leas smiles, "Follow me."
He leads you to a room behind a training ring that is filled with weapon shelves, chests and wooden crates of different sizes. He opens a chest and gets out a smaller box.
"These are filled with an alchemical fluid we stole from a Cythian laboratory in Gathon. The fluid is mostly harmless, but if it comes in touch with fire, it immediately ignites so rapidly, it creates a powerful explosion.", he opens the box and produces a brass pipe that is about eleven inches long and a bit less than an inch in diameter. It is closed with caps on both ends. The cap on the end he now holds up shows a little central hole. "Simply insert a fuse here and ignite it. And then you should be sure to get as far away from the pipe as possible! These small pipes can cause serious damage in a radius of easily fifteen feet. And even further away you might still get injured so be sure to have enough distance. The fuses we have here leave you about twenty seconds to get away, when lighted on the end.", he puts back the pipe, puts the box on top of a crate and reaches inside the crate once more to reveal another brass pipe that is about eighteen inches long and has a diameter of about two inches.
"This one easily covers an area of thirty feet and more. It also is much more dangerous as you can probably guess. We have only one of these. And also only these few of the smaller ones.", Leas points at the box that holds five of the smaller pipes. "Be sure to have cast a few dispelling spells on the artifact before you apply the explosives, we can't take that risk. The large pipe should be enough to deal enough damage to the artifact so it loses its power. So you can use the smaller ones if you need to get something out of your way. But use them with care. They are not many."

kentma57
2008-01-25, 10:14 AM
Richard runs over to Leas and hugs him "I love you!!!" he them procides to pick up the boxes that contain the explosives and starts examining his new toys...

EDIT: after he examines the explosives for a while, he will pack them away and look around the room for anything else of use.(magic items)

Threeshades
2008-01-25, 11:00 AM
Leas looks at Richard amused. "You will need some fuses too." he says holding up a handful of long fuses. "Oh and of course have a look around and tell me if you find anything interesting to you."

Richard (and anyone intending to look for items):
Make a search check and - if possible - a knowledge (arcana) check

Dorizzit
2008-01-25, 11:13 AM
Oliver immediately takes the fuses. "Let's keep the means of ignition away from him, yes?"

Drago
2008-01-25, 11:25 AM
Bjorn Silverhand (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=38288)

Good idea Oliver. Now let's see what they have around here.
Search [roll0]
Knowledge Arcana [roll1]

I guess scrolls, especially of dispel magic, any useful potions, cure or invisibility and magic arrows would be what Bjorn primarily searches for, though and any wondrous items, or wand and such you don't mid giving or lending us as well. I can dream can't I?

kentma57
2008-01-25, 01:58 PM
Richard
search(this will end baddly)
Knowledge (arcana) [roll]1d20+18

ps: could I use my knowledge(arcana) help identify stuff other people find and can I use detect magic to get a circumstance bonus?

Crispy(what he has eyes too)
search
Knowledge (arcana) [roll]1d20+8

ps: Crispy will wisper anything he finds to me...in the bunny language...

kentma57
2008-01-25, 02:04 PM
Stupid spelling mistake [/rol] instead of [/roll]

Richard
Knowledge (arcana) [roll0]

Crispy
Knowledge (arcana) [roll1]

EDIT Your joking; one had +18 the other +8, and they both come out as 20:smallfrown:

playswithfire
2008-01-25, 03:32 PM
Alrik

I second that motion, Oliver. No offense, Richard, and I like a good explosion as much as the next guy, but we need these to be used for tactical advantage, not just the sheer enjoyment of the big boom. When it's time to use them, they're all yours; til then, for safety reasons, keeping the bombs and fuses separate makes sense and I assume you'd prefer to carry the bombs.
Not really expecting to find much he can use, Alrik looks around the room.

Search [roll0] looking for a useful augment crystal for my armor or some good boots (boots of speed etc); lacking in other body slots.

SurlySeraph
2008-01-25, 04:28 PM
"Thank you for letting us use this armory, Leas. These should be all we'll need to complete this mission for you."

Search: [roll0]
Knowledge: Arcana: [roll1]
On the off chance that there's a portable hole large enough to shove a storm giant through around here, I'm looking for it. :smallwink:

More realistically, I'm looking for anything that'll improve my armor class - an amulet of natural armor, a better ring of protection, etc.

Neftren
2008-01-25, 05:29 PM
Delnar

Search Check: [roll0]
Knowledge [Arcana]: [roll1]

"Well, this is all fine and dandy. Nice place, but do these grenades have any chance of exploding... prematurely?"

kentma57
2008-01-25, 06:03 PM
"I could find out easily enough" :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: I am trying to find anthing that is fire/explosion based or could be used for healing/ protection.

The_Snark
2008-01-26, 03:49 AM
Merien

"It looks safe enough, Delnar," Merien says reassuringly. "I imagine the casing is fireproofed. We shouldn't drop it in an open flame, but I don't think a stray spark would ignite it. I'm sure Leas would warn us if they were more unsafe than that."

Threeshades
2008-01-26, 08:14 AM
Search and knowledge results:
Yes detect magic grants you a +10 circumstance bonus on your search check for magic items.

Richard (Crispy):
You find a short, curved wooden staff with a flame pattern carved into it. You can identify it as a Wand of maximized Burning Hands with 25 charges. Also your eyes fall upon a small shelf with vials and small flasks.
With a craft (alchemy) check you can find out more about them.

Bjorn
You find a shelf with the following scrolls:
arcane sight
daylight
2x dispel magic
fireball
gaseous form
spider climb
2x haste
continual flame
and another

Alrik:
You find a pair of soft black boots with a green ornate pattern like vines running over it.

Isidro:
Yo cannot find anything of that sort. But you see Delnar picking up an amulet of natural armor.

Delnar
You find an amulet of small bones and animal teeth you identify as an amulet natural armor +1 and a well made backpack with two side pouches that you easily find to be a Handy Haversack.

"That's correct, Miss Merien. The casing is fireproof, but you should be careful not to have fire reach through the opening for the fuse. Otherwise you can drop rocks on it and it won't explode. Much more reliable, and more powerful than, say, an alchemist's fire."

playswithfire
2008-01-26, 09:53 AM
Alrik
Walking over to examine a pair of boots he noticed, Alrik turns to Leas Leas, what are these boots? And would I be allowed to borrow them?

kentma57
2008-01-26, 03:40 PM
Scoping the stuff into his backpack for latter inspection, Richards looks around for anything that could protect him and if posible a wand of "identify".

SurlySeraph
2008-01-26, 05:34 PM
Isidro

Isidro sighs. "Looks like this place is a bit too well-stocked. I can't find anything I need in this clutter."

He looks somewhat longingly at the amulet Delnar picked up.

Isidro loudly adds "But persistence brings success. I may as well look for a while longer," in Delnar's direction.

Would you mind if I make another Search check, using Detect Magic for a circumstance bonus this time? If not, that's fine.

If so:

Casting Detect Magic

Search, including +10 modifier to finding magic items from Detect Magic:

Knowledge: Arcana: [roll]1d20+11

EDIT: Okay, looks like the dice don't want me to find anything. I won't go against their most holy judgment.

Neftren
2008-01-26, 05:49 PM
Delnar

Picking up the amulet and the bag, he examines both closely. Seeing Isidro stare at the amulet, he walks over to him and hands it to him. "Here, take it. I already have one... but those boots that Alrik found look nice. I wonder what they are?"

I was totally unaware we were allowed to cast Detect Magic to bump our modifiers up. If possible, could the above be edited to reflect that I had cast it? Or, if possible, I just realized that we have plenty of time today, so I guess I could always take 20 on the search roll? Whatever. I'll roll again.

[roll0] to Search Again.
[roll1] to perform another K: Arcana if necessary.

I assume we are allowed to keep these items?

kentma57
2008-01-26, 10:22 PM
Good idea taking 20 on search; casting detect magic and identify. Result 24+ spell bonus(detect magic and identify) and 23+ spell bonus...

Sorry I don't know how much to add from Detect magic and Identify...

Drago
2008-01-26, 11:11 PM
Bjorn Silverhand (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=38288)

"I'll take these scrolls thank you."

Threesades what did you mean by and another?

Kyeudo
2008-01-27, 12:23 AM
Daren

Daren will watch the scrounging with impassiveness. He has been ready to go since the moment he arrived.

(Yes, I am actualy refusing to get new gear. The only thing that could peak my intrest would be black onyx gemstones.)

Dorizzit
2008-01-27, 08:25 AM
Oliver also refrains, watching the others with faint amusement.

Threeshades
2008-01-27, 09:16 AM
@Drago

Threesades what did you mean by and another?
It's just something i forgot to delete.

Leas looks at the boots.
"I'm not an expert on these things, but I tried these boots and they are unusually silent when walking in them."

Besides the scrolls Bjorn is collecting and a small grey bag somewhere behind a box in the corner you cannot find anything magical. Delnar can identify it as a Bag of Tricks.

playswithfire
2008-01-27, 09:54 AM
Alrik

Well, that could certainly be useful. Alrik puts the boots on and takes a few steps to test the feel of them, moving towards whoever is near the door. I'm ready to go whenever the rest of you are.

SurlySeraph
2008-01-27, 06:08 PM
Isidro

"Thank you, Delnar. You're excellent at dodging attacks, but I need a bit of magic on my side to stay safe." Isidro takes his holy symbol of his neck and wraps it around his left wrist. He lowers the amulet around his neck, and then looks at Alrik distastefully. "I am ready, but you aren't quite yet. Hide your arms before we go out. I realize that you wanted to make an impression on our employers, and I can't reprimand you for meaning to intimidate onlookers, in a district full of criminals. But in the safer neighborhoods, you'll attract more civic-minded types. I don't want to have to turn a lynch mob away from you."

Neftren
2008-01-27, 06:19 PM
Delnar

Taking the brown bag carefully, he whips out a small furry ball to experiment what it produces. Picking up the handy haversack and stowing it away with his gear, he nods to Leas.

What color is the bag? Hopefully Tan or Rust would be nice.

playswithfire
2008-01-27, 06:36 PM
Alrik

Quite right, Isidro. Moving his arms back into the pack behind him and pulling up his cloak with the other hands, Alrik continues. I think I would have remembered as we left, but better to do it now than forget it later. It was nice to stretch them though.

The_Snark
2008-01-28, 02:17 AM
Merien

Merien straightens from her spot by the door, giving a tiny approving nod at Alrik's graceful acquiescence. "Have you all gotten what you want to take along? Is everyone ready?" She looks about the room, making eye contact with everyone to see if they have objections, and if nobody looks dissatisfied, she leads the way back out to the larger room, where she turns to their host.

"Will there be anything else before we go, Leas?"

Threeshades
2008-01-28, 09:30 AM
Delnar
What color is the bag? Hopefully Tan or Rust would be nice.

Yes it would be. But I mentioned already that it's just grey. :smallbiggrin:
But a smart adventurer can still make use of these in the right situations.
"Yes a few minor details. First, once you've destroyed the artifact, bring us a few shards. They might be of use to us or even to you. We will examine them. And maybe leave them to you if they are still useful for something. Second, we're sure you don't want to rush in through the front door...", the halfling that was sitting under the table appears from behind Leas and cuts him off, "My brother will be waiting for you to show you an underground way inside. Don't expect him to come inside with you. He has other duties to take care of. Also I don't think he would be much of a help.",
The Halfling has long black hair tied to a ponytail and dark brown eyes, in his hands the Halfling still holds a lockplaying around with a lockpick, snapping the lock open and closing it again and again. "You will easily recognize him. He looks exactly like me."

SurlySeraph
2008-01-28, 08:45 PM
Isidro

Isidro bows slightly to the halfling. "We will recognize him, then. Thank you." Isidro turns and prepares to leave.

Drago
2008-01-28, 09:08 PM
Bjorn Silverhand (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=38288)

Bjorn nods slightly to the halfling, "Very well, let us be on our way then.", turning he follows Isidro out, stopping only to retrieve his familiar.

kentma57
2008-01-29, 06:39 AM
Richard follows the others out...

Neftren
2008-01-29, 10:55 AM
Delnar

"Well then, shall we move on?"

kentma57
2008-01-30, 01:53 PM
"Well we should be off..."

OOC: I just finished my last exam for this semester:smallbiggrin:!!!

Kyeudo
2008-01-30, 06:25 PM
Daren

(I assume we are traveling overland to get to our destination.)

After the group exits the building, Daren halts for a moment. Clenching his armored fist, the bone knight extends his arm. Black light dances along the edges of his ivory gauntlet, and a small tremor runs through the ground.

The sound of wild neighing echos on the wind as the pavement cracks open and a pair of hooves paw their way above ground. A skeletal horse, surrounded by the ghostly image of it's former flesh, drags itself from the earth, wearing a black leather saddle. The ground closes up beneath the creature as it trots over to Daren, who scratches it's skull behind its ghostly ears before mounting up.

"Let's get moving."

kentma57
2008-01-30, 08:59 PM
"How do I get one of those?":smallconfused:

Kyeudo
2008-01-30, 10:37 PM
Daren

"Years of training, a devotion to a cause, and knowledge of the workings of death itself. In other words, it requires an attention span."

The_Snark
2008-01-30, 11:36 PM
Merien

"In the meantime," Merien adds practically, "the rest of us should acquire horses too. We're short three horses even if everybody doubles up, and that's slower." She glances about. "Unfortunately, this doesn't look to be the best district to find any... do any of you have another way to travel, or should we see if they have any stables down below?"

Threeshades
2008-01-31, 04:49 AM
"Before you go, here is your promised advance payment." Leas has followed the party outside and now hands the bag of money he showed before to Merien. "400 platinum pieces, as promised. We all thank you for aiding us in our cause and hope you will be successful."
"And before we forget, here is the map to the Cythian post" Komaru says appearing behind Leas and also handing the map to Merien.

Merien recieves a map of Agrarryn and 400 pp, share it or fight about it, I don't care :smallbiggrin:

Dorizzit
2008-01-31, 06:26 AM
Oliver shrugs at Merien. "I can keep up with horses, and I don't get tired. I think I'll keep my money."

Neftren
2008-01-31, 08:09 AM
Merien

"In the meantime," Merien adds practically, "the rest of us should acquire horses too. We're short three horses even if everybody doubles up, and that's slower." She glances about. "Unfortunately, this doesn't look to be the best district to find any... do any of you have another way to travel, or should we see if they have any stables down below?"

Delnar

Are we getting 4,000gp each, or 4,000gp total?

"If need be, I can cast some phantom horses for all of us. It would reduce my combat effectiveness slightly, but we'd be able to cut a significant chunk of time off our journey."

Threeshades
2008-01-31, 08:40 AM
Are we getting 4,000gp each, or 4,000gp total?
Total. But dont worry. You already had an extra 5000 to start with and you will find enough on your adventures.

playswithfire
2008-01-31, 09:03 AM
Alrik

If we find horses easily enough, I'll buy one for simplicity. If not, I'll do my best to run along with Oliver, though he is a bit faster than me.

kentma57
2008-01-31, 09:05 AM
he gave us 4,000 pp so 40,000 gp total...
"Crispy and I can cast mount..."

Threeshades
2008-01-31, 09:11 AM
he gave us 4,000 pp so 40,000 gp total...
No it was 400 pp, so 4,000 gp total.

kentma57
2008-01-31, 09:49 AM
No it was 400 pp, so 4,000 gp total.

my mistake

kentma57
2008-01-31, 09:51 AM
No it was 400 pp, so 4,000 gp total.

my mistake

Neftren
2008-01-31, 03:30 PM
Delnar

"Well, if nobody complains to riding on a phantom steed, I'll get to casting... it will take me some time though. As for this cash, I propose that we split it ten ways. Since there are nine of us, the remaining money will go to a pot for supplies. If we aren't using my phantom steeds, I suggest we use the money to obtain horses."

I can only cast three steeds total. There are nine of us. I believe two of us can obtain mounts already, so that brings us down to 7 needing horses. Take out another three from my phantom steeds, that's 4 who require mounts. Can anyone else cast Phantom Steed?

Oh and I suggest we split 4000gp ten ways, so that everyone gets 400gp, and then 100gp can be spent on renting horses. Or obtaining alternate transportation.


Threeshades, how much would it cost to buy a winter wolf mount? :smallamused:

The_Snark
2008-01-31, 04:32 PM
I don't know how much a winter wolf would be, but I seriously doubt it's available. In this district, I'm not sure we could find so much as a pony.

Did you really mean to suggest that the rabbit needs its own horse, and that it should get a full share of the gold?

Merien

Merien gives Delnar a puzzled look. "I only count eight of us. And if Richard and Crispy can summon horses using magic also, there should be enough for all of us." She smiles at the sorceror and his rabbit.

"Oliver says he won't need one, and Daren has his, so that's six. If we still don't have enough mounts, I can let you go ahead while I catch up. I'm sure you can do without me for a little while."

Drago
2008-01-31, 05:19 PM
Bjorn Silverhand (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=38288)

"Sadly Delnar I think the money can be better spent than by buying mounts. I won't argue about how we spilt the money as long as I get as much as everyone else, but I'd suggest just splitting it evenly and leaving everyone to they're own supplies."

Bjorn looks over Merien's shoulder at the map and points to the tavern closest to the outpost, "We should stay there the night and figure out how we wish to tackle this mission."

kentma57
2008-01-31, 07:01 PM
"We agree with Delnar..."

I can cast "Mount" eight times, duration 24 hour duration.

SurlySeraph
2008-01-31, 08:51 PM
Isidro

"Bjorn, I think we would be best to at least travel a ways toward our target tonight. None of us are tired yet, and it would be wise to take a look at the surrounding area if we can. Staying here to cast a few divinations first would not be unwise, but I believe we can get the most done by taking a first look as soon as possible. Transportation is not a problem; Richard can summon enough mounts for all of us who have none, though then he would be unable to cast many attack spells once we arrive at our destination. As for me, I have my own mount."

Isidro looks up at the clouds in concentration for a moment, then calls out "Bavieca! We have traveling to do!". A ray of light shines down from the sky onto the ground in front of Isidro; as it fades, a large white horse with a heavy saddle is left where the light was shining.

Drago
2008-01-31, 09:11 PM
Bjorn Silverhand (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=38288)

"Aye Isidro, I was referring to stopping as close to the target as possible to make sure we're at our best."

I can see how the miscommunication happened, I was referring to the Cythian outpost, aka the target. I figure it can't be much more than a day away if it's in Rynna. Speaking of which, Threeshades how far from the post are we?

Threeshades
2008-02-01, 08:34 AM
I can see how the miscommunication happened, I was referring to the Cythian outpost, aka the target. I figure it can't be much more than a day away if it's in Rynna. Speaking of which, Threeshades how far from the post are we?

It isn't in rynna. You are a 2 days ride or a 3 days walk (normal unencumbered human speed) away. Means starting now youll be there tomorrow at horse speed or the day after that at human speed.

Alrik, Oliver and Delnar are fast enough to keep up with a horse. Daren and Isidro have their own mounts. Leaves only Merien, Richard and Bjorn

kentma57
2008-02-01, 09:01 AM
Summoning all the mounts we requier Richard says: "Let us go..."

playswithfire
2008-02-01, 09:05 AM
Alrik

Agreed. Everyone who needs a horse, hop on and let's get going.


No need to waste a spell on a mount for me. Running will be fine.

Threeshades
2008-02-02, 07:37 AM
I suppose you're all ready to go. If not then feel free to interject please
You all saddle up on the mounts richard has summoned, or you summoned yourself or get ready to run along with them and only a few seconds later you are on your way.
for a few minutes you ride through the slums of Rynna, revisiting the suffering of the poor living there, but soon the scenery changes. The filth of civilization's wastes passes and makes room for wide streets seamed with ruined buildings. You can see small plants growing out of cracks in the pavement and you start to hear the shy voices of a few singing birds. The further you get away from Rynna the more plants you see and birds you hear. Until you reach an area where the ruins are overgrown with strands of cimber plants.
The surroundings become harder and harder to pass through as you advance. sometimes you find sudden steep slopes behind a row of ruins and have to find a set of stairs or a ramp to make your way down.
After a while the streets become narrower and you reach a small round place the center of which features an ornate marble well still filled with clear looking water. The sun is about to set.
Listen and spot checks everyone please

Dorizzit
2008-02-02, 07:45 AM
Listen: [roll0]

Spot: [roll1]

playswithfire
2008-02-02, 08:03 AM
Alrik

While it's nice to see an area not overgrown or full of rubble, I wonder why this area's been preserved.


Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1] EDIT: listen is actually +13, so that's a 20

kentma57
2008-02-02, 08:45 AM
Richard:
listen [roll0]
spot [roll1]

Crispy:
listen [roll2]
spot [roll3]

Neftren
2008-02-02, 09:04 AM
Listen: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

Drago
2008-02-02, 10:17 AM
Bjorn Silverhand (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=38288)

"This looks far to clean, I wouldn't be surprised if something lived around here."

Bjorn
[roll0]
[roll1]

Munin
[roll2]
[roll3]

kentma57
2008-02-02, 11:40 AM
"Maybe it's undead?"

Kyeudo
2008-02-02, 12:24 PM
Daren

"The undead tend not to care much for the state of their surroundings. This speaks more of the care of the living."


Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

kentma57
2008-02-02, 01:10 PM
"Exacly that's why you would never suspect their ambush..."

Kyeudo
2008-02-02, 01:53 PM
Daren

"You obviously have never dealt with the undead."

Dorizzit
2008-02-02, 02:14 PM
"That, or he's just paranoid."

Kyeudo
2008-02-02, 02:44 PM
Daren

"Good point. It could even be both."

The_Snark
2008-02-02, 04:20 PM
Merien

"There's no need to be like that," Merien admonishes absent-mindedly, looking thoughtfully about at the cobblestones and buildings around them.

Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

Threeshades
2008-02-02, 04:24 PM
Nice rolls, Snark. A natural 20 and a natural 1

Before I go on with what is going on here I will have to do some stat-outing

SurlySeraph
2008-02-02, 11:01 PM
Sorry I didn't post earlier. I've had a really long day. One quick question: have we been traveling for less than 10 hours? If so, my Protection from Arrows is still up.

Isidro:
Listen: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

Bavieca (my horse):

Listen: [roll2]
Spot: [roll3]

Threeshades
2008-02-03, 12:06 PM
You don't seem to notice anything. Only Isidro's horse turns it ears and steps on the spot nervously and Merien spots a group of black furred creatures scurrying about in in the ruins front of the group.

((Your positions as you entered the place:))
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/Tobi-Sean/Corrath/Corrath2WellPB1.jpg
Snark gets the positions of the spotted enemies pm'ed

Kyeudo
2008-02-03, 01:04 PM
Daren

"Be like what? Honest?"


Origionaly I wasn't that exited that Richard was in our group, but he's starting to grow on me. Lots of comedic value and interparty tension. :smallbiggrin:

SurlySeraph
2008-02-03, 04:45 PM
Isidro

Isidro looks a bit confused when his horse stops. "Bavieca, what are you scared of?" Isidro turns to Daren. "Undead or not, something is around here. Let's hope it's just squatters living in the ruins."

Kyeudo
2008-02-03, 05:44 PM
Daren

"You are probably correct. We should keep moving if we are to reach our destination on schedule."

Drago
2008-02-03, 05:53 PM
Bjorn Silverhand (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=38288)

Bjorn looking at Oliver "Cautious, perhaps. Paranoid, no." Seeing Isidro speaking with his horse Bjorn, seeing nothing that would cause the horse to act nervous, began to look around the group. Seeing Merien's reaction he turned back to Oliver saying "Perhaps not cautious enough and Daren it's almost night, we may have little choice but to stop here." Bjorn's hands fall to the hilts of his rapiers, ready to draw.

I made the assumption that Merien would somehow show she saw something, since it doesn't seem likely that she would try to hide it or since this is all happening in "real time' it could as easily be me reacting to whatever she doesn't next. If you find this inappropriate Threeshades, I won't do it again

The_Snark
2008-02-03, 05:58 PM
Merien

"Being honest doesn't mean you have to be rude about it," Merien says mildly, then raises a hand, motioning them to stop and spurring her mount forwards next to the fountain. She raises her voice.

"You can come out, you know," she calls forward reassuringly. "We're not going to hurt any of you." Unless we have to. She adds, "We have food, if you're hungry."

Threeshades
2008-02-03, 06:41 PM
"Hungry-hungry!" a hissing voice from your left exclaims. "Hungry we are. Flesh we want! Gold we want! Gold-gold!", next you hear a loud screaming hiss and a hail of arrows emanates from the ruins all around you aiming for Daren, Isidro, Delnar, Richard, Oliver and Merien. While all of you manage to deflect or dodge the arrows, or they simply bounce of your armor, one arrow hits Isidro's chest laterally.
As soon as the attack started from your right you hear another shriek and the movement from within the ruins around you ceases, fading into a silent chattering that fills the whole place. Two shrieking voices from left and right of raise over the chattering and exchange like they are having a heavy dispute.

Isidro recieves 4 magic piercing damage. (I made 18 attack rolls and hardly any one got over an unmodified 10, can you believe it.)

This was a surprise round. If you want to take combat actions, roll initiative for next round. But dont take your actions yet, I first want to have your initiative order

Neftren
2008-02-03, 06:49 PM
Delnar

Deftly evading the hail of arrows, Delnar uses his acrobatic movements to draw his sword in the process.

I assume I am allowed a move action to draw my sword?

Initiative: [roll0]

Drago
2008-02-03, 07:07 PM
"What no arrows for me? Guess I'll have to teach you not to leave me out"

[roll0]
Alright now, did the arrows come form higher up, or ground level, and can we see any of these creatures?

Kyeudo
2008-02-03, 07:10 PM
Daren

Daren will draw his sword and spur Heartbeat forward towards the sounds of squabbling. The fading sun's light reflects off the white blade, turning it the color of blood.


Inititive:[roll0]

Dorizzit
2008-02-03, 07:26 PM
Easily evading the arrows, Oliver extends his rapiers (breaking the illusion of him as a human) and dashes towards the nearest group of voices.


[roll0]

SurlySeraph
2008-02-03, 07:27 PM
Isidro

Isidro winces. "Those things have magic arrows!" he shouts to his comrades. He reaches back to pull his scythe from his back.

Initiative: [roll0]

The_Snark
2008-02-03, 07:27 PM
Merien

Merien deftly twitches out of the way of the arrow, looking unconcerned at the attack.

Initiative [roll0]

playswithfire
2008-02-03, 08:44 PM
Alrik

Alrik whips out his second set of arms and prepares to attack this new threat.


initiative [roll0]

kentma57
2008-02-03, 09:11 PM
Origionaly I wasn't that exited that Richard was in our group, but he's starting to grow on me. Lots of comedic value and interparty tension. :smallbiggrin:
Thanks, I try...

His eyes practicaly ablaze "You should have killed us while you had the chase, you won't get another one!!!"

Richard readies an action to cast fire ball at the first enemy far enough away so as not to hit his party, while Crispy casts arcane sight(allows me to see all magic auras) and looks around to find the number of people with magic auras

kentma57
2008-02-03, 09:13 PM
initiative [roll0]

Threeshades
2008-02-04, 09:53 AM
Now that the creatures surrounding you broke out in a discussion in their chittering language you can all see them hiding in the ruins around you.
((Positions of the attackers))
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/Tobi-Sean/Corrath/Corrath2WellPB3.jpg
The purple spots marked D and I are Daren and Isidro. It's more of a help for me, because I'm not very good at colors.
The creatures around you have small hunched bodies of a roughly humanoid stature covered in black or dark grey fur and the heads of rats. They have rat tails and thin sinewy limbs. They all are clad in simple leather clothing and wear chainshirts. Some of them carry pairs of short swords ((marked with I, as in Infantry)), while others are armed with composite longbows ((Archers)).
Two of the rat creatures though are almost twice as tall as their about goblin-sized companions ((Leaders, just to make sure they aren't large, but medium size)) and feature bony spikes extruding from the spine at the back of their necks. The eyes of both of these creatures have a red glow, while eyes the one to your right seem slightly dull.

Initiative order is:
Oliver
I2
I5
Delnar
Daren
Merien
L2
Isidro
L1
I4
I3
I6
A6
Richard
Bjorn
Alrik
A5
I1
A2
A3
A4
A1

Please post your actions in Initiative order. So wait for the others to post their actions and for me to post the actions of the rats

If you want to move to a certain spot just tell me how many squares up/down and left/right you end up from your previous position.
For example Isidro wants to charge at I5 and to end up in the square left of it then just say "2 down and 5 right", even if the line you actually moved in was different.

Dorizzit
2008-02-04, 02:00 PM
Oliver moves with superhuman speed, charging towards the second leader. Closing, he attacks with a blindingly fast and devastating slash:



Attack: [roll0]

And Damage: [roll1]

Threeshades
2008-02-04, 02:45 PM
As Oliver dashes forth thrusting his blade deeply into the flesh of the tall rat creature, the red glow immediately returns to its eyes in full strength. The creature releases a painful shriek that seems to be an order at the same time, as immediately two sword wielding rats jump out of their cover. One of the rats dashes forward out of the ruins right next to the street ahead of the party and charges against Oliver thrusting forward the sword in its right hand into Oliver's back.
The other rat comes from the left flank attacking Isidro with a quick stroke sinking the small blade into his side.

Oliver: 3 magic piercing damage. You are flanked by I2 and L2
Isidro: 6 magic piercing damage, I5 is standing in the square to your right.
Next turns (in order):
-Delnar
-Daren
-Merien

Clarification: Charging into and out of the ruins will not be slowed down, the ruins are easy enough to cross

Neftren
2008-02-04, 03:30 PM
Delnar

Delnar immediately casts a spell and his outline seems to move faster than the eye can track. In his left hand, you see his wand flare once, sending a brilliant azure bolt up the wand and into Delnar. Turning towards, the furry creature with a bow to his left, he gives it a feral grin.

Casting Haste on myself as a Free Action, using a Swift Action to target A3 and gain +1 dodge bonus against him, then will cast True Strike on myself from the wand.

The_Snark
2008-02-04, 05:39 PM
Merien

Merien clicks her tongue in exasperation as Oliver goes charging off into the midst of the enemy rats to strike the largest. Seemingly unruffled by the numbers of the ambushers, she shifts her horse to get a better view around the fountain, and points at one of the archers.

When you update the map, note that Merien should be up near the fountain; she's actually in front, rather than in back.

Also, if Daren has charged L1 by the time Merien acts, Merien will target A2 instead. Merien targets A2 with a Suggestion.

SurlySeraph
2008-02-04, 08:59 PM
Isidro

With a vengeful cry, Isidro slashes at the rat soldier with his scythe.

Full attack on I5, power attacking for 2, expending one Turn Undead use for Divine Power (adds 5 damage to all attacks in the round)

Attack 1: [roll0]

Slashing damage 1: [roll1]
Negative energy damage 1: [roll2]
Divine damage 1 (only applies if it's evil): [roll3]

Attack 2: [roll4]

Slashing damage 2: [roll5]
Negative energy damage 2: [roll6]
Divine damage 2 (only applies if it's evil): [roll7]

EDIT: Whoops, I forgot to wait for you to post L2's actions. Can I keep the rolls?

SurlySeraph
2008-02-04, 09:02 PM
Rolling to confirm the critical on the second hit: [roll0]

I'm using a scythe, so if the crit is confirmed, all the damage on that hit is multiplied by 4, so it'll be 112 damage instead of 28.

Kyeudo
2008-02-04, 09:18 PM
Daren

Daren will charge the nearest rat leader. At the last moment, Heartbeat rears up, lashing out with her front hooves as Daren strikes with his sword.


Moving 6 squares up and 6 squares to the left.

I automaticly succeed on all the necassary Ride checks, as they are all DC 15 or less.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]+[roll2]
Hoof: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]
Hoof: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]

Threeshades
2008-02-05, 08:18 AM
@Snark and Surly
Please post in Initiative order, otherwise this will end up in chaos. I will count these for now. But next time any out-of-turn posts will not be counted and have to be reposted and re-rolled.

Also in case of a critical hit, your rolled damage is not multiplied by four, instead you roll damage four times and add your normal modifier to each roll. Any additional damage rolls such as your Divine and Negative damage wont be multiplied though.
But you dont have to roll, because the crit wasnt confirmed anyway.

As Daren's warhorse hails down its hooves on the rat, it easily dodges one of the hooves but gets in the way of the other, dazzled by the hit, it doesn't see Daren's falling sword cutting a gash into its shoulder.
The rat releases an angry screech raising its swords for revenge. It thrusts its swords against him interchangeably four times quickly. Daren manages to fend off the first attack with his sword, but exposes himself to the second stroke of the rat, that finds a weak spot in his armor around his waist. He dodges the third attack while the fourth bounces of his armor. Unexpectedly the rat jumps forward and tries to bit Daren but only bites into the plates of his greaves.

Isidro's scythe falls down at the small rat infanterist once, but the ratling crosses its swords to fend it off and repel Isidro's attack. Making a graceful turn with the scythe above his head Isidro slashes against the rat creature again, this time cutting a deep gash into its chest.

The tall rat in front of Oliver releases a flurry of sword thrusts against him with a vengeful glow in its eyes. The sword in its right hand sinks deep into his body between Oliver's armor plates while he manages to fend off the sword in the other hand of the rat. The rat pulls out its right-hand sword turning around once to the right and jabs it into Olivers body again just next to his previous wound, the left-hand sword follows quickly but bounces of his armored body. With an angry hiss the rat follows its sword attacks with a bite aiming for Olver's shoulder, but oliver easily evades the attack and the drooling jaws of the rat snap together in empty air.

Three more rats jump out of the ruins attacking the party. The first one hops out of its cover directly behind Richard attacking with a wild flurry of its swords but it bounces of Richard's celestial armor again and again, one of the strokes being misleaded cuts into the Rat's own leg slightly. A desperate try to bite Richard is easily dodged by him.
The second rat also emerges from behind the group but from the other side of the street trying to catch Bjorn in the back. With a quick jump it thrusts its sword forward into a weak spot in Bjorn's breastplate under his left arm.
The third creature comes from the left flank attacking Delnar but missing by far.
A short salve of arrows shoots out of the ruins right behind the party heading for Alrik but bounce of his magically altered skin.

Daren: 8 magical piercing damage
Oliver: 17 magical piercing damage
Richard: No damage. I4 is adjacent to you, left below you
Bjorn: 4 Magical piercing damage. I6 is adjacent to you, right below you
Delnar: I3 is adjacent to you, left of you.
Alrik: I only see this now: you only get your Wisdom bonus to AC, when you are unarmored, and the bonus of a belt of natural armor doesn't stack with your racial natural armor. You may replace these items with others of the same worth at the end of the battle, as I was too late to see it.

Next in line:
- Richard
- Bjorn
- Alrik

Map overview:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/Tobi-Sean/Corrath/Corrath2WellT1a.jpg

kentma57
2008-02-05, 11:37 AM
OOOC:Yey, I in melee!
right on to buisness...

I asume Richard and Crispy act at the same time but I think we should we roll initiative next time...

Richard will take a free 5ft step 1 square up, then cast a quickened shoud of flame on himself(I look like I am on fire), finnaly throw a fire ball 1 square up and 7 to the left (that should hit; A3, I3, A4)

EDIT: forgot damage and Crispy casts mage armour on my...

Dorizzit
2008-02-05, 12:48 PM
Oliver's face is impassive as the sword plunges into his side, and he hops back before unleashing a flurry of attacks on his enemy:


Attack 1: [roll0] and damage: [roll1]

Attack 2: [roll2] and damage: [roll3]

Attack 3: [roll4] and damage: [roll5]

Attack 4: [roll6] and damage: [roll7]


Misinterpreted information.

Threeshades
2008-02-05, 01:33 PM
((@Richard and Oliver))
Richard: OOC comments please in ((double brackets)) or spoiler tags. Also please roll damage for the creatures hit and give me the save DC for your fireball.
And finally mage armor won't help you anything because you already have an armor bonus of 8 (and that doesnt stack with other armor bonuses)

EDIT: For the sake of ease (and a quick battle process) i will take care of the damage rolls this time.

Oliver:

Oliver's face is impassive as the sword plunges into his side, and he hops back before unleashing a flurry of attacks on his enemy:


Attack 1: [roll0] and damage: [roll1]

Attack 2: [roll2] and damage: [roll3]

Attack 3: [roll4] and damage: [roll5]

Attack 4: [roll6] and damage: [roll7]

This will be ignored due to not being your turn. More precisely your next turn will be next round, so please wait until its your turn.

Drago
2008-02-05, 05:10 PM
Bjorn Silverhand (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=38288)

Turning around to face his attacker Bjorn takes a step backwards, sure to evade all of his opponent's attacks. While doing this he reaches into his spell components pouch and produces a small quartz. Bjorn's hands follow well trained gestures while speaking an invocation, an perfectly smoothing cone of ice materializes in front of him and flies toward the horrible rat creature.

Moved up 1, left one 1.
Cast the spell Icelance
[roll0] note: this is not a touch attack.
[roll1] Half piercing half cold.
The rat must make a DC 21 fort save or be stunned for 1d4 rounds
(edit) stun only if hit

playswithfire
2008-02-05, 05:30 PM
Alrik
Seeking to make short work of those enemies that survived Richard's fireball, Alrik launches himself into the fireballs wake, twisting and flipping through air and striking out at his foes once he lands.


Using the sudden lead maneuver to jump 5 squares to the left as a swift action*, tumbling in midair to avoid the AoO from I3
Jump check DC 50 [roll0]
Tumble check DC 15 [roll1]
Upon landing, I'm flanking I3 and begin a full attack. If he dies, I 5-ft step down 1 to attack A4
claw [roll2] [roll3]
claw [roll4] [roll5]
claw [roll6] [roll7]
claw [roll8] [roll9]
bite [roll10] [roll11]
(obviously reduce any attacks against A4 by 2 since I won't be flanking)

*doesn't count as a standing jump to use this maneuver according to CustServ, so the DC to go 5 squares would be 25 but I'm avoiding the AoO so it's back up to 50

EDIT: and of course, each hit drains a level, does 7 damage from the energy drain and gives me 7 temporary hp

kentma57
2008-02-05, 05:47 PM
fireball DC 19

Damage:
A3 :[roll0]
I3 :[roll1]
A4 :[roll2]

OOC: sorry for the messy previous post

EDIT: wow amost exactly average damage

Threeshades
2008-02-05, 07:02 PM
Richard's fireball crashes into the ruins exploding in a fiery inferno. One of the archers ducks away, finding some cover between the rubble and being only lightly burnt, the infanterist before Delnar also manages to avoid most of the flames, but the second archer is hit by the full force of the fireball and falls unconscious under the pain of the heavy burns melting its skin over the hair that is not burnt away.

Bjorn's ice lance hits the rat into the chest but does no more than freeze a few links in its chainshirt.

Gracefully landing on his feet, Alrik scratches up the rat's back into a bloody mess of flesh. The rat goes limb and falls to the ground with a last screech, while Alrik is already making a step to the side to deliver a killing blow by his fourth claw and his sharp teeth to the unconsious archer.

The rat archer on the right flank, next to the street leading away from the place draws three arrows in a quick row shooting them at Merien one by one. Merien ducks away under the first shot arrow, and can't dodge the other two arrows, but they seem to be stopped by her skin.

Another rat from next to the street ahead dashes out of its cover to get into Daren's back and thrusts its sword up into his back.
The rat archer to the right readies an arrow aiming it at Merien first but then suddenly turns to the left firing a salve of arrows at the ratling at Olivers back. The first arrow is stopped by the rat's chainshirt and the second one gets stuck in its arm, causing it to shriek with pain, while it manages to dodge the third arrow.
The archer to Darens right fires three arrows at Daren, hitting only his armor twice and missing with the third shot, while the archer to his right aims at Alrik missing three times in a row.

A4 falls unconscious by the fireball's damage.
Ice lance misses.
Alrik kills first I3 and then A4.
Daren: 4 magic piercing damage. You are flanked by I1 and L1
Map:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/Tobi-Sean/Corrath/Corrath2WellT1b.jpg

Round 2
Oliver's turn

Dorizzit
2008-02-06, 06:46 AM
Oliver's face is impassive as the sword plunges into his side, and he hops back before unleashing a flurry of attacks on his enemy:


Attack 1: [roll0] and damage: [roll1]

Attack 2: [roll2] and damage: [roll3]

Attack 3: [roll4] and damage: [roll5]

Attack 2: [roll6] and damage: [roll7]

Threeshades
2008-02-06, 07:51 AM
Oliver's rapiers both hit the rat leader in the shoulder and stomach, as Oliver pulls them out of the bleeding wounds of the rat, it manages to raise its swords and dodges the following attack of his right hand rapier while deflecting the other rapier with its sword.
The rat behind Oliver hisses and attacks him with a fierce series of thrusts. Oliver manages to fend off two attacks without looking, but the third hits his side and buries the sword deep in his body. The rat pulls the sword back out to attack with its other hand again and at the same time tries to sink its teeth in his leg, but both attacks miss.
The heavily wounded rat next to Isidro releases a painful screech before it turns its back to the paladin and runs back into the ruins leaving a trail of blood. It disappears between the rubble.

Oliver: 4 piercing damage
Isidro: The rat adjacent to you fled off the place and disappeared.

Next up:
-Delnar
-Daren
-Merien

Neftren
2008-02-06, 09:37 AM
Delnar

Turning his attention on the creature flanking Daren he gives a blood curdling and charges it. Swinging his rapier with a cool precision, he attempts to gut it through thoroughly.

Will use my swift action to designate Dodge for +1 AC against I1, and then I will charge it. I believe it's within the 80 feet necessary? So I would end up one below the creature, just next to Daren.

Attack Roll: [roll0] - Power Attacking for 10, otherwise it'd be +43.
Damage Roll: [roll1] Piercing + [roll2] Fire Damage + 10 Power Attack Damage

I now have 31 AC, until next round.

Threeshades
2008-02-06, 11:03 AM
Delnar's Rapier sinks deep into the ratling's flesh as it releases a deafening cry of pain, but as Delnar pulls his weapon back out of the Rat, it still stands firmly despite the massive wound in its chest and the blood dripping out of its mouth.

Kyeudo
2008-02-06, 11:31 AM
Daren

((Just to point out here, I've got DR 4/bludgeoning, so that last attack was completely stopped by my armor and that rat is in the wrong position to flank me.))

Daren ignores the small wound the leader gave him, continuing his assault upon the pathetic creature. Heartbeat rears back once more and together they strike the leader.


Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]+ [roll2]
Attack: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]+ [roll5]

Hoof: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]
Hoof: [roll8]
Damage: [roll9]

Threeshades
2008-02-06, 11:56 AM
((nope, by RAW that position works for flanking. And I only regard AC when making attacks. DRs and Resistances are up to you to take into account. That's why i always give you the damage type of the attacks))

Heartbeat's left hoof hits the rat on its shoulder dazzling it for just long enough to forget its defense against Daren's sword. The longsword cuts through its flesh just below the rat's neck. The flesh around the bleeding wound turns black, but the rat can catch itself and throws its sword up against darens second stroke and blocks it off.

The_Snark
2008-02-06, 03:27 PM
Merien

Merien turns her horse, thoughtfully regarding the archer who'd just shot at her as he hurriedly drew another arrow from his quiver; before he can do so, she raises her hand again, sending the same command she had given to the other rat.

Suggestion again, directed at A5.

Dorizzit
2008-02-06, 04:46 PM
Again Oliver ignores the wound in his side as he stabs his blades once more at his enemy:


Attack 1: [roll0] and Damage: [roll1]

Attack 2: [roll2] and Damage: [roll3]

Attack 3: [roll4] and Damage: [roll5]

Attack 4: [roll6] and Damage: [roll7]

Geh...

Threeshades
2008-02-07, 06:56 PM
With a screech the tall rat in front of Daren seems to take a more defensive stance, attacking him with more careful strokes.
Daren easily blocks all but one attack by the rat. The rat jabs its sword into his leg once an pulls it back out with an angry growl.
Daren: 9 magical piercing damage
Oliver: It's not your turn. Rolls will be ignored again.

Next up:
- Isidro

SurlySeraph
2008-02-07, 08:59 PM
Isidro raises a crystal rod and chants an incantation. Two beams of fire, refracted through the rod, fly at two of the rat creatures.

Using lesser metamagic rod of maximize to cast Scorching Ray. Each ray does 24 damage. I'm aiming at I5 (the one near Richard, since the one next to me ran away) and I6.

Ranged touch attack 1: [roll0]

Ranged touch attack 2: [roll1]

Threeshades
2008-02-08, 12:04 PM
I just see I made a mistake. The I5 you are aiming at should be named I4 but otherwise its fine.

The two flaming rays shoot at the two rats both hitting them and burning away their fur and big portions of their skin. The screaming rats both turn their attention to Isidro, the one more two his left making a step forward and starting to throw every weapon against him, it is carrying, while its companion charges ignoring Richard and Bjorn to eventually jump at Isidro and attack him with its sword. Isidro manages to hold the first rat at scythe length rendering all its attacks futile, but the second rat can use his distraction to jab its sword into his shoulder.

The rat leader in front of oliver keeps up its constant flurry of blades and bites. Olivers rapiers fend off one stroke after another until the rat manages to get its left-hand blade through olivers defense and sinks it into Olivers abdomen, for a moment Oliver is distracted by the hit, but the rat knows well how to use this split second of unawareness and sinks its drooling fangs into Olivers left arm. Oliver has to watch helplessly as the rat pulls back its head tearing off his whole left forearm, revealing the delicate mechanisms inside his arm. The rat spits olivers arm to the ground and releases a triumphant shriek.

A salve of arrows is released from within the ruins to the right of the street the party came from, heading for Richard, the first missing him the other ones bouncing off his celestial armor.

Isidro: 4 magical piercing damage, I4 and I6 are adjacent to you but not flanking.
Oliver: 5 magical piercing damage, 9 piercing, slashing and bludgeoning damage. The bite was a critical hit, you lost your left forearm. But you're lucky you're still immune to disease.

Next:
- Richard (You also get an attack of opportunity against I4)
- Bjorn
- Alrik

Map
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/Tobi-Sean/Corrath/Corrath2WellT2a.jpg
(I think I'm going to do these in Inkscape or Photoshop in the future , since i can move the sports there and dont have to redraw the whole situation from scratch over and over)

kentma57
2008-02-08, 06:58 PM
Having not even drawn a weapon yet Richard finds the battle amusing and ignores the rat creature as it runs by him; but as the arrows ricochet a little to close Crispy his smile turns to a frown "Who dares disrespect my master?, learn to respect Crispy or face his wrath!", with that he snaps his fingers and one of the leaders(L2) bursts into flame...
Intimidate: [roll0] (plus any circumstance bonuses I get)

Shroud of Flame: 2d6 damage per round for 12 rounds, also target provides bright illumination for 40ft.

Drago
2008-02-08, 07:44 PM
Bjorn Silverhand (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=38288)

Out of the corner of his eye Bjorn sees Richard set the Rat Leader aflame, "Wonderful idea Richard, fire is so very useful." He watches his opponents every move while he casts a spell. Flames leap forth from his hands and envelopes the three creatures before him.

[roll0]

Cone of Fire hits I4, I6 and A5.
I always thought AoE spell just did the same damage roll to all targets but kentma57's fireball would say otherwise. If it is just a single damage to all targets use the first roll.
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

DC 23 Ref save for half damage.

Threeshades
2008-02-08, 08:01 PM
The rat leader suddenly bbursts out in flames and the rat seems to cry another angry order to its shorter companions.

A wave of flames runs over the rat warriors as they try to escape the inferno. The archer in the ruins manages to escape the flames with slight burns, the rat directly in front of Bjorn can also avoid the main force of the fire, but the burns it still injure it so much, it drops lifelessly to the ground. The third rat to Isidro's front catches on fire and sinks to the ground screaming and waving it's arms in pain.
I6 got a full hit and is dead, I4 was reduced to exactly 0 despite successful save, A6 got away with half damage

-Alriks turn

Map (this time done in inkscape)
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/Tobi-Sean/Corrath/Corrath2WellT2b.jpg

playswithfire
2008-02-08, 10:21 PM
Alrik

Enjoying the sight of the burning rats, Alrik thinks well, they seem to have that area under control and these archers seem to be poor shots, so... and drops into a lower stance before charging the infantryman behind Daren, lashing out with two claws.


swift action to drop into island of blade stance (if I and an ally are adjacent to the same enemy, we are flanking it
charge up 7 and left 1, then use wolf fang strike to use two claw attacks on I1
Attack Damage [roll]1s4+8 + energy drain 7
Attack Damage [roll]1s4+4 + energy drain 7
EDIT: subtract 2 from each attack roll for wolf fang strike; my bad

playswithfire
2008-02-08, 10:23 PM
redoing damages; silly wrong key
[roll0]
[roll1]

kentma57
2008-02-08, 10:37 PM
OOC:
I always thought AoE spell just did the same damage roll to all targets but kentma57's fireball would say otherwise.What was wrong with my fireball?

ps: my last turn was not quite as effective(or cool) as I had hoped. :smallfrown:

Kyeudo
2008-02-08, 11:17 PM
I agree with kentma57. That was too cool to fail (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfCool).

Threeshades
2008-02-08, 11:23 PM
Alrik ounces at the rat boring both of his main arm claws deep into its back. The rat screams in panic, as Alrik absorbse great portions of its lifepower trough the deadly wounds. As he pulls his claws back out the rat falls to the ground like a ragdoll.

Out of the ruins to Olivers left and right salves of arrows appear shooting into his direction, all of them missing him behind his back, but three of them kit the rat behind him, getting stuck in its left arm, right leg and the right side of its ribcage. The rat behind Oliver sqeaks and chatters in an angry tone.

The archers to Daren's left and right sides suddenly cease their arrow salves and seem to concentrate on a strange short ritual. Almost the same moment to Alrik's left and right black-furred rats the size of dogs appear. The drooling rats have hideous spikes growing along their upper spine and hiss at Daren, showing sharp drool-covered teeth, just a moment before they jump up the horse and try to bite the paladin, but neither of the creatures manages to even touch him.

I1 is dead.
Daren: Bottom left and top right square of you are now occupied by dire rats.

Before i start Round 3 i will make some edits.

Map (hopfully correct now)
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/Tobi-Sean/Corrath/Corrath2WellT3a.jpg

Next up:
- Oliver

Dorizzit
2008-02-09, 07:51 AM
The pinpricks of light that are Oliver's eyes blaze in fury at his severed arm. Severely incapacitated, he still continues to attack his enemy:


Attack 1: [roll0] And Damage: [roll1]

Attack 2: [roll2] And Damage: [roll3]

Threeshades
2008-02-09, 10:42 AM
I just noticed your right hand has flaming burst. Do you know that, on a normal hit it deals 1d6 fire damage? I will roll these ofr you this time just for the sake of a quick battle. Next time remember it. You could have killed that guy already last round
Also you should note down the damage dealt to you on your character sheet please.

The rat leader tries to block Olivers attack with his swords, but his rapier arm easily breaks through the rat's defense, almost disarming it, and cuts deep into its flesh twice. The screaming rat makes a few steps back while its voice gets drowned in its own blood and then falls over to the back.
The rat behind it squeaks in terror, but keeps attacking. The first stroke hits oliver at the neck and the rat pushes its sword deep into his body before pulling it out to continue its attacks, but now Oliver's attention is turned entirely to the short rat and he dodges all of its attacks with ease.

Oliver: 6 magical piercing damage. This is also a crit, but it would be pretty mean to have you lose two limbs in two rounds
L2 is Dying

Next:
-Delnar
-Daren
-Merien
-Isidro

Neftren
2008-02-09, 11:26 AM
Delnar

Dashing forward, another burst of azure light shoots up from his wand.

Moving four squares North, I'll use my wand again. I really ought to get more of these things. Anyway, I'll designate the Leader as the Dodge Opponent.

But seriously, can I get Dodge houseruled as a +1 Dodge Bonus to AC that's permanent?

Threeshades
2008-02-09, 11:42 AM
So youre moving up to A1? Just making sure if i got your position right this time.
And sorry, no the dodge bonus only works against one enemy.

Kyeudo
2008-02-09, 12:26 PM
Daren

Ignoring the giant rats that just apeared, Daren and his mount continue to focus their assault upon the leader.


Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]+[roll2]
Attack: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]+[roll5]

Hoof: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]
Hoof: [roll8]
Damage: [roll9]

Threeshades
2008-02-09, 01:34 PM
Daren's sword cuts another gash into the rat's chest. Heartbeat's hooves hail down on his shoulders and throw the heavily wounded leader back a few steps.

The_Snark
2008-02-09, 02:38 PM
Merien

Merien looks on with concern as Oliver's arm is torn off, edging her horse a little closer, but as Oliver dispatches the larger of his two opponents, she turns the horse and trots it towards Daren and the creatures still surrounding him. She points again, the subtle command- Weakest! Your companions will blame you for this failure if they live; kill them or they will kill you!- echoing silently within its mind.

Move around to the other side of the well and use Suggestion on A1.

SurlySeraph
2008-02-09, 03:53 PM
Isidro

Isidro looks at the scorched rat lying at his feet with pity. "Your pain will end soon, miserable creature." Turning away from the helpless enemy, Isidro fires a blast of magic at one of the surviving archers and then spurs Bavieca into position to attack the next archer.

Casting Magic Missile at A6, then moving 6 spaces right (next to A5).

Magic Missile damage: [roll0]

Threeshades
2008-02-09, 06:23 PM
The force projectiles crash into the rat archer making it scream with pain.
The heavily wounded leader turns his back to Daren and scurries away quickly disappearing between the rubble.
One of the archers on the opposite side of the place raises its arms with the palms turned up closing its hands as if grasping something and mumbles something in its chattering language and then follows its leader's example disappearing between the ruins.
Suddenly roots burst out of the paved ground all over the place around the well, breaking or pushing aside the bricks covering it and start to twist around ankles legs and arms of everyone still on the place.
Everyone except Oliver and Isidro make a reflex save (DC 14) against entangling. Mounts and riders both please.
L1 and A6 have fled.

Next:
- Richard
- Bjorn
- Alrik

Kyeudo
2008-02-09, 06:40 PM
((Me or my horse? I'll just roll both to save time.))

Daren Reflex: [roll0]
Heartbeat Reflex: [roll1]

Drago
2008-02-09, 06:56 PM
(([roll0]))

The_Snark
2008-02-09, 07:14 PM
Reflex save [roll0].
If the mounts have to make Reflex saves as well, [roll1]

Neftren
2008-02-09, 07:15 PM
Unless I roll a natural 1...

[roll0]

Kyeudo
2008-02-09, 07:44 PM
(("I GOT A 4!" :elan: ))

kentma57
2008-02-09, 08:33 PM
Richard looking down at the plants that have grown up at his feet, shouts to the rat-creatures "Alright, who got these weeds on my shoes?" and lifting his right hand procides to set fire to the entire bottom, right corner of the map...

Crunch: Reflex saves:
Richard: [roll0]
Crispy: [roll1],though he is sitting on my shoulder...

Actions:
First Crispy casts dispel magic on the entangle spell. Then Richard cast fire ball 45ft(9 squares) to the right hiting A4, A5 DC 19 to half.

Concentration checks(if we fail the reflex save):
Richard: [roll2]
Crispy: [roll3]

Damage:
[roll4]
[roll5]

playswithfire
2008-02-09, 08:39 PM
Reflex [roll0]

Threeshades
2008-02-09, 08:57 PM
Does that mean Crispy casts dispel magic or is he just readying it?
And the roots are reaching far up even if someone is sitting on the head of a monted character they would still try to grab him
The rat next to Isidro manages to escape Richard's fireball mostly and gets only slightly burnt. What happens to the other rat, that just scurried away is unsure, as it is out of sight already.

- Bjorn
- Alrik
Are next.

Drago
2008-02-09, 09:10 PM
"How quaint," Bjorn chuckles and points to the rat nearest Isidro as bolts of force leap forth from his fingers.

Casts Magic Missile
[roll0]

[roll1]
You can add the modifier.

kentma57
2008-02-09, 09:16 PM
Does that mean Crispy casts dispel magic or is he just readying it?
And the roots are reaching far up even if someone is sitting on the head of a monted character they would still try to grab him.

Crispy did cast dispel magic and I did roll a reflex save, I thought they would reach that high.

playswithfire
2008-02-09, 10:56 PM
Alrik

Sidestepping left to avoid the rising vines, Alrik attacks the dog-like right that has just appeared.


Attack [roll0] Damage [roll1] + energy drain
If it dies, move up 2, right 1 (ending to the right of Daren
If not, keep attacking
Attack [roll2] Damage [roll3] + energy drain
Attack [roll4] Damage [roll5] + energy drain
Attack [roll6] Damage [roll7] + energy drain
Attack [roll8] Damage [roll9] + energy drain

Threeshades
2008-02-10, 07:22 AM
As quickly as the twisting roots appeared they shrink back into the ground, as the bunny on Richard's shoulder is surrounded by a visible aura of arcane energies for a moment.
The force bolts coming from Bjorn hit the rat next to Isidro in the chest. The rat archer closes its eyes and shakes its head as if waking from some kind of trance. As soon as it got aware of its surroundings it gives Isidro and angry hiss.
Alrik's claw hand digs seep into the back of the hideous rat and tears a deep wound into its flesh. With a sqeak the rat falls on its side. Immediately Alrik turns and walks up to the other rat.
The Rat next to Isidro starts to repeat the ritual of its fleeing companion and once again roots break through the ground twisting and trying to grasp everything around them. The rat then follows its companion and disappears in the ruins.
The rat archer left in the ruins to olivers flank opens fire against his companion next to oliver again. The first arrow hits the rat in its shoulder and the left arm immediately goes limb, dropping the sword. The second arros hits next to its neck. The rat infantryman screams and spits blood but still stands.
The archer to the left flank shoots a final arrow at Alrik but the it is stopped by his chain shirt. With an angry screech the rat also disappears in the ruins.
The archer next to Delnar shoots at the rat it had just summoned but the arrow misses and the rat hurries after its companion holding up its nose, apparently trying to smell them.

Actually you first have to decide wether you make a full attack or just a standard attack, and then roll. I made an exception this time because you didnt know.
D2 is dead. A5's suggestion expired because its terms were broken. It casts entangle and flees

Reflex DC 14 again, everyone please.

Next turn:
- Oliver

Map
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/Tobi-Sean/Corrath/Corrath2WellT4a.png

Dorizzit
2008-02-10, 08:05 AM
Not questioning the help, Oliver turns his attention to the Minion rat, meanwhile easily sidestepping the vines trying to tangle his feet.



Reflex Save: [roll0]

Attack 1: [roll1] And Damage: [roll2]

Subtract five from attack roll> Attack 2: [roll3] And Damage: [roll4]

SurlySeraph
2008-02-10, 01:01 PM
Anything but a three...

Reflex save: [roll0]

Kyeudo
2008-02-10, 02:21 PM
Daren Reflex: [roll0]
Heartbeat Reflex: [roll1]

playswithfire
2008-02-10, 02:45 PM
Reflex save [roll0]; no natural 1 please

The_Snark
2008-02-10, 02:50 PM
Natural 1 only: [roll0]
Mount save: [roll1]

Kyeudo
2008-02-10, 02:50 PM
((Looks like a natural 2 :smallbiggrin: ))

SurlySeraph
2008-02-10, 03:10 PM
I forgot my mount's save

[roll0]

Threeshades
2008-02-11, 11:38 AM
Everybody seems to be able to avoid the roots trying to grasp them. Only Isidros steed gets caught in the twisting plants.
Olivers rapier arm hits the rat twice and cuts deep wounds into its flesh. The rat squeaks a last time before it falls over to the back and the roosts start twisting around its dead body.

I2 is dead
Only Isidro's mount is entangled.

Next in line (I doubt that the battle will go any further after Delnar's action):
-Delnar
-Daren
-Merien
-Isidro
-Richard
-Bjorn
-Alrik

kentma57
2008-02-11, 09:18 PM
OOC:I have a question, I thought Crispy dispeled the "entangle" spell?

Neftren
2008-02-12, 08:33 AM
Delnar

Delnar slides over to the side before launching a devastating attack on the nearest rat.

Moving 1 West, then 1 South, so that I move 10 feet.
I will then attack again... and power attack?

[roll0]
[roll1]

Wow, I just realized I haven't done any calculations for factoring in Haste and swiftblade abilities. Whatever.

Threeshades
2008-02-12, 09:29 AM
Delnar's rapier thrusts through the rat and as he raises his arm again, the corpse is still stuck on his blade like on a stake.
Let's just say it's dead. Very dead.

@Kentma57: Another rat cast a new entangle spell. For a quick encounter creation I only made 3 different types of rats, all with the same feats, classes, levels, skills and spells prepared.

A2 is left (one of the three rats that attacked their own men)

If you still want to make any combat relevant actions:
-Daren
-Merien
-Isidro
-Richard
-Bjorn
-Alrik

Kyeudo
2008-02-12, 11:18 AM
Daren

Daren will charge the remaining rat.

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]+[roll2]

Hoof:[roll3]
Damage:[roll4]

Threeshades
2008-02-12, 01:02 PM
Both the steed's hoof and Daren's sword hit the rat and it stumbles back screaming in broken common: "Don't kill please! Rak help!"

Kyeudo
2008-02-12, 03:27 PM
Daren

"Why should I spare a coward like you? You ambushed us with the rest of your foul kin!"

The_Snark
2008-02-12, 03:30 PM
Merien

Turning her horse, Merien trots through the roots and plants. "There's no need to kill all of them, Daren," she calls as the rat-thing pleads for mercy, moving up alongside him. "Not if he says he'll help us." She turns her attention to the rat. "How do you think you can help?"

kentma57
2008-02-12, 05:06 PM
With a smirk on his face "True we don't NEED to kill him, but it would be funny" then Richard turns to Crispy and Crispy's nose twitches a bit "Your right sir, Crispy says we should interigate him, then kill him."