PDA

View Full Version : New weapon enhancetment: Sundering [PEACH]

Duke Malagigi
2008-01-20, 08:20 PM
Sundering: A sundering weapon allows the wielder to severely damage of even break an enemy's weapon or other item with great ease. When used against a weapon or other object, a sundering weapon deals twice it's normal dice worth of damage to the item hit. For example, a dagger with the sundering enchantment would deal 2d4 (2d6 if using Jearom Darkwind's alternate weapon (http://projectdf.phpbbnow.com/viewtopic.php?t=557&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0) rules and at knight level training) points of damage to any weapon or object struck, armor included. This stacks with the Improved Sunder feat.

Moderate evocation; CL 8th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, shatter; Price +2 bonus.

Does this look good at all, or is it just plain ridiculous? Please tell me politely. Thank you.

RTGoodman
2008-01-20, 08:25 PM
There's already a sundering enhancement that allows you to sunder as if you had Improved Sunder and deals an extra 1d6 damage on sunder attempts, all for a +1 cost.

I'd say the one you made is pretty balanced - you don't get the benefit of Imp. Sunder automatically, and it's more expensive, but you do more damage. Others may have more to say, but it seems good to me.

EDIT: Just saw your thread in the other subforum - guess it would have helped if I had seen that one earlier. Oh well...

Duke Malagigi
2008-01-21, 02:06 AM
Thank you rtg0922. I know you didn't read my question thread soon enough, but thank you still. Besides, I already have my own sundering weapon enchantment, would should I bother with another one?