PDA

View Full Version : Vargouille Player?

Lolzords
2008-01-21, 02:45 PM
Today in my campaign three vargouilles flew out the shadows and screeched at the party, they fell down without much of a fight, but one of the players was paralyzed and bitten by one, and will turn into a Vargouille in 21 hours.

I was wondering, what will happen? I know that in 1d6 hours his hair falls out, 1d6 hours he grows wings and tentacles 1d6 hours he takes int and cha damage and a further 1d6 hours later he'll turn fully vargouille. but what actually happens, does he not get to play as his character anymore? I was thinking it would be good fun for him in a "why not" sort of way for him to continue on as a vargouille.

Since our group always changes the rules to make it more fun anyway, I was thinking it couldn't hurt.

Shademan
2008-01-21, 02:48 PM
usually they just turn into monsters.
however, if you are DM you are GOD.
do as you please.

Suzuro
2008-01-21, 02:56 PM
Yeah, if you think that your group will get a kick out of it. Do it. I know our group is more into "Oh! THat would be AWESOME! Who cares if he can't survive it, I'm sure the gods will intervene!"

So, summarily, Do it!

-Suzuro

Chronos
2008-01-21, 03:01 PM
Do note that vargouilles are always evil. So be prepared to either houserule that he keeps his alignment, or to accept an evil character in the campaign. Also note that, if you do let him keep his alignment, the players probably don't know that, so they should be trying to do everything they can to keep him from turning.

Miles Invictus
2008-01-21, 03:27 PM
You should play up the tension, though, and screw with your player a little.

DM: What's your Fortitude save?
Player: Uh, two...
DM: ...and...your Will save?
Player: Er, none.
DM: Do you have spell resistance? Cloistered Cleric levels? More than thirty hit points?
Player: No. *whimper*
DM: Interesting. *roll* *roll* *roll*
Player: :smalleek:
DM: By Tharizdun, I love my job. :smallamused:

Prometheus
2008-01-21, 07:01 PM
To through another element into the mix, I always make a character lose the ability to speak the same language in their transformation. If they still have a mind, they might be killed anyway. If they are all evil, the players might still be trying to save him.

If I were the DM, I would rule that the timely use of the atonement spell could let the character regain their alignment in Vargouille form. Of course, they'd still suffer from a poor intelligence and have to eat flesh.

Starbuck_II
2008-01-21, 09:55 PM
To through another element into the mix, I always make a character lose the ability to speak the same language in their transformation. If they still have a mind, they might be killed anyway. If they are all evil, the players might still be trying to save him.

If I were the DM, I would rule that the timely use of the atonement spell could let the character regain their alignment in Vargouille form. Of course, they'd still suffer from a poor intelligence and have to eat flesh.

We all eat flesh. Some of us just eat humanoid. :smallsmile: