PDA

View Full Version : Beatrix Kiddo vs The Batman

Kekken
2008-01-22, 06:48 AM
The Set-Up.

A number of murders of criminal figures in Gotham city catches the attention of Batman. Through investigation, he soon learns that an outsider, one Beatrix Kiddo, aka, the Bride, has been slaying the underworld.

Batman, although sympathetic to her cause, opposes killing, and thus, must either try to make her see reason or, if that fails, apprehend and arrest her for murder. He will NOT kill her unless her absolutely has too.

Beatrix, meanwhile, is made of colder stuff than that. This is the post-beaten-lost-baby Beatrix, with nothing to lose and everything to gain. She has been killing these underworld figures in an effort to flush out her out "friends" (and for the practice). She will respect someone like Batman, but will kill him if he doesn't get out of her way.

Okay, so, who do you think "wins" in this situation? Is it even possible for them both to come to an accord, or will this end in blood?

And please, don't automatically say the Batman wins because... "I'm Batman..." Let's have an intelligent discussion of these characters.

factotum
2008-01-22, 07:00 AM
I would give this to Batman purely because he tends to plan things a bit better. Kiddo really wasn't much of a one for planning--she tended to just wade in and start a fight, and you can't do that against Batman and expect to win. Heck, Budd managed to defeat her pretty easily in vol 2, and if he'd just shot her with proper pellets rather than using rock salt and burying her alive, she wouldn't have got any further than him.

Freshmeat
2008-01-22, 07:41 AM
Batman, easily. Didn't we have this discussion a few months ago already?
Batman is better at martial arts, has better gadgets, is more intelligent and will be more prepared.
Batman is often considered on par with (if not better than) actual true assassins like Elektra and Bullseye.
Beatrix is highly skilled, but Batman is just out of her league. Not to mention that most of her strength stems from her sword. That's a pretty big weakness right there.

Eerie
2008-01-22, 10:20 AM
I posted this VS. couple of weeks ago.

*facepalm*

Piedmon_Sama
2008-01-22, 12:46 PM
Also seriously, killing roughly 88 Yakuza thugs and a few master swordsmen is a long way from being The Goddamn Batman. >>

Ossian
2008-01-22, 01:09 PM
Batman carries stuff in his utility belt...

Ganurath
2008-01-22, 01:11 PM
I'll put my money on the one willing to use lethal force, and actually knows how and where to aim bullets at someone with chest armor (unlike every gunslinger The Goddamn Batman has ever faced.)

GoC
2008-01-22, 01:31 PM
I'll put my money on the one willing to use lethal force, and actually knows how and where to aim bullets at someone with chest armor (unlike every gunslinger The Goddamn Batman has ever faced.)

The only person whom the Batman fanbois will admit beats Batman is Bullseye.
I would think Deathstroke could also kill him if he put his mind to it.

Ganurath
2008-01-22, 01:58 PM
The only person whom the Batman fanbois will admit beats Batman is Bullseye.
I would think Deathstroke could also kill him if he put his mind to it.In this scenario, Batman's Plan A is to try to reason with her, which means coming into the open. Fast forward through the posturing to where Batman explains he's going to have to use force if she doesn't back down, and he suffers a critical hit as he just manages to dodge a Quick Draw sneak attack from the Black Mamba. After that, it's a chase, and Mommy's a huntress who knows how to follow a blood trail.

GoC
2008-01-22, 02:12 PM
In this scenario, Batman's Plan A is to try to reason with her, which means coming into the open. Fast forward through the posturing to where Batman explains he's going to have to use force if she doesn't back down, and he suffers a critical hit as he just manages to dodge a Quick Draw sneak attack from the Black Mamba. After that, it's a chase, and Mommy's a huntress who knows how to follow a blood trail.
Three problems.
1. Batman isn't going to be standing very close. When dealing with a dangerous criminal he will talk from about 5 meters away.
2. Batman's reflexes are REALLY REALLY scary. And he's also very good at reading people (there was a type of martial art he mastered that involved just learning to read what your opponent is going to do).
3. Batman has things like grappling hooks, a remote for the batmobile and a panic button. The last calls in Superman so he won't use it unless he's certain he'll die if he doesn't. 0.01 seconds later the destroyer and creator of worlds arrives (assuming this is silver sups).

hanzo66
2008-01-22, 03:06 PM
Also seriously, killing roughly 88 Yakuza thugs and a few master swordsmen is a long way from being The Goddamn Batman. >>
It's stated by Bill that there was less than 88 in the Crazy 88. Apparently it's just a cool-sounding name to those guys.

I'd just give this to Batman as he'll come prepared. Plus he may just have a Deus Ex Machina to counter the Five-Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique she has (really thick armor perhaps).

Piedmon_Sama
2008-01-24, 12:42 PM
I can't believe I remembered to say "roughly" and somebody still felt it necessary to correct me. u_u

factotum
2008-01-24, 05:12 PM
I can't believe I remembered to say "roughly" and somebody still felt it necessary to correct me. u_u

Welcome to the Internet...is this your first visit? :smalltongue:

Ganurath
2008-01-24, 06:01 PM
Three problems.
1. Batman isn't going to be standing very close. When dealing with a dangerous criminal he will talk from about 5 meters away.Yeah, like she can't close that gap.
2. Batman's reflexes are REALLY REALLY scary. And he's also very good at reading people (there was a type of martial art he mastered that involved just learning to read what your opponent is going to do).Yes, yes, Batman is incredible at unarmed combat. However, between blocking sword slashes and dodging bullets, there's going to be an opening big enough for an eye to be plucked out.
3. Batman has things like grappling hooks, a remote for the batmobile and a panic button. The last calls in Superman so he won't use it unless he's certain he'll die if he doesn't. 0.01 seconds later the destroyer and creator of worlds arrives (assuming this is silver sups).A wonderful thing about reaching for the utility belt: it means half the blocking capacity, and less than half the dodging capacity. Guess how that's going to end?

GoC
2008-01-24, 07:36 PM
Yeah, like she can't close that gap.
Of course she can but she can't sneak attack then.

Yes, yes, Batman is incredible at unarmed combat. However, between blocking sword slashes and dodging bullets, there's going to be an opening big enough for an eye to be plucked out.
I was unaware she had three arms...
Also guns aren't as good as a knife is you're in a fastpaced melee battle. In a fist-fight knives are good because they're harder to twist and disarm and you don't have to hit straight on in order to do damage.

A wonderful thing about reaching for the utility belt: it means half the blocking capacity, and less than half the dodging capacity. Guess how that's going to end?
He just retreats to withdraw weapons or he'll draw knives when she does. Also does Beatrix have bodyarmor?

Ganurath
2008-01-24, 07:43 PM
He just retreats to withdraw weapons or he'll draw knives when she does. Also does Beatrix have bodyarmor?Yes. It's called Batman Doesn't Do Lethal Force.

Blue Paladin
2008-01-25, 11:00 AM
Non-lethal force > Beatrix Kiddo.

ref: rock salt (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shotgun#Specialty_ammunition)

Ganurath
2008-01-25, 11:24 AM
Non-lethal force > Beatrix Kiddo.

ref: rock salt (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shotgun#Specialty_ammunition)Batman has a shotgun?

puppyavenger
2008-01-25, 11:52 AM
How does she kill the underworld fihures? don't there thugs use guns?

Seriosly, what kind of gang managed to take over tokyo but forgot to give themselves guns?

Piedmon_Sama
2008-01-25, 12:55 PM
No, they use swords. Or kamas. Or spiked flails. Or a battle axe, in one case.

Well, Copperhead did try pulling a gun on Bee, but it was at just a pace away...

factotum
2008-01-25, 02:34 PM
Batman has a shotgun?

No, but Budd disabled Beatrix Kiddo with a shotgun loaded with rock salt in Kill Bill vol 2, so clearly non-lethal force is still quite sufficient to take her out of the picture.