PDA

View Full Version : Supers in Skyline [IC]

Fiery Justice
2008-01-23, 10:19 AM
Its an ordinary, mildly cloudy day in Skyline, with the threat of rain in the suburbs. But, as we all know, nothing is ever simple in Skyline. And today, of all days, will be when we meet the heroes of our stories. Yes there are other heroes, more famous perhaps, maybe more powerful. But they aren't our heroes. Our heroes are here for their own reasons. And maybe hero isn't the best word for all of them. But I am the narrator, and this, this is Skyline City!

13_CBS
2008-01-23, 11:05 AM
Sun Kim

Despite his name, Sun hates sunshine. Makes him feel too exposed, you know?

So he's walking down the street, hood up and hands in pockets as usual. Your average urchin, picking pockets, stealing from vendors, pilfering the coins from guitar cases...

Then he sees her. A thin woman barely taller than he was, traversing the street. Dark circles under her eyes, as though she hadn't had a good night's sleep in a while.

Heh...stupid lady must have had a bad hangover last night. Probably spent all her money on booze, but an easy mark's an easy mark...

Once the lady moves past him, he turns around and begins following her, hood still up and hands still in pockets. When he gets close he slides out a hand...

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-01-23, 11:55 AM
Avalon/Bryn

The woman turns when Sun gets into her 'personal space'. "Do you mind?" she asks, with a lilting British accent. "I know you Yanks have different ideas about how things are done, but you're a bit too close for comfort, if you get my drift." She steps back half a pace.

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-23, 04:54 PM
James / Transmute

James was watching the whole thing from across the street. Looking around, he saw no one watching, and ducked quickly into an alley. With but a brief flash of thought, he formed his standard costume around himself from the air itself. It was mostly black, concealing everything but the area around his mouth, and made of an ultra-durable, flexible polymer. As one of Skyline's registered heroes, his costume was a frequent sight on the streets and rooftops. He stood back in the shadows of the alley, not wanting to jump the gun, but ready to react should he need to.

deepsear
2008-01-23, 05:19 PM
Rand:

Rand slides into an empty garage, spying the small young man heading for the woman.

"Ugh... I hate doing my work in daytime."

He presses himself up against a wall, and slides his concealing gas mask on. He puts a hand on his machete, hidden under his leather jacket, and peeks over the side of the wall to watch.

13_CBS
2008-01-23, 07:02 PM
Sun Kim

Oh crap...

"Uh, what're you talking about lady? I wasn't doin' nothing." Sun quickly backs off and tries to walk away as though nothing happened.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-01-23, 07:17 PM
Avalon/Bryn

"Just don't stand so close, boyo. That's all."

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-23, 07:28 PM
Transmute

James sighed a little... Just another kid down on his luck. He could empathize. Without his powers or his family, he'd be in the same situation. Letting his costume fade back into his normal street clothing, he slipped out of the alleyway after making sure no one saw him. Walking up to Sun Kim, he slipped him a twenty.

Here you go, man... take it. Just try to find something better to do than snatching purses, yeah?

Warpfire
2008-01-23, 07:35 PM
Adam Breckenridge

It is likely no one notices the bum sitting on a bench nearby, drinking from a bottle in a paper bag. However, Adam notices much with the help of his mind-sensing powers, including the still hidden watcher. He looks over at the would-be pickpocket and grins to himself.

Getting a little more than he bargained for, I'll wager...

Then his grin slowly turns to a frown. Something was wrong with this child...even just from his surface emotions Adam sensed a very disturbing level of hate.

bingo_bob
2008-01-23, 08:05 PM
Ernie MacCullogh/Murphy's Law

Perhaps the one person who does notice the bum on the bench is the bum on the sidewalk, currently pushing a shopping cart full of junk down the street (a very important homeless person activity), and picking up other bits of stuff as he goes.

Seeing Adam, he stops his cart next to the bench, and plops down on it. He reaches into one of his trenchcoats, pulls out a small, silvery flask, and takes a long pull from it. "Stinks, doesn't it?"

Warpfire
2008-01-23, 08:21 PM
"I live with it. Could be worse."

There's more resigned acceptance than optimism in his voice as he glances over at Ernie. Adam doesn't comment on the attire, as he's seen much stranger in his years as a bum. Soon his gaze returns to Sun Kim, the troubled look returning.

"Something wrong with that kid..." He mutters to himself.

bingo_bob
2008-01-23, 10:27 PM
Ernie

"Y'mean besides th'fact that he's doin' it all wrong? Yeh don't just walk up t'them like that... not that I could ever get it t'work fer me. Not much does." says Ernie, in a thick New York accent.

He takes another pull from the flask, screws on the cap, and puts it back in his pocket. He pauses a moment, his hand still in his coat, and a puzzled look comes across his face. He pulls his hand out, entangled in a large, tangled mess of wires. Bits of metal inside the wires hint at technology of some sort. Shrugging, he shakes it off his hand, and tosses it in the cart.

"So anyways... I'm Ernie. You?"

The_Snark
2008-01-24, 05:41 AM
Laura

Laura glanced up at the newspaper building, its windows reflecting the sunshine. The Horizon—god, what a name for a paper in a city named Skyline. Somebody had a truly terrible sense of humor. Still, the building looked prosperous and well-maintained. In fact, she'd have preferred a rickety wooden building to the skyscraperesque, five-story building in front of her—it looked like an office building full of cubicles, which was probably an accurate description—but they were all like that these days. It'd do.

Shouldering her purse, she entered the foyer, removing her sunglasses—it was well-lit in here, but not that well-lit—and walked confidently up to the receptionist. "Laura Coleridge," she introduced herself before the secretary asked how she could help her. "Here to talk to John Amberton?"

The receptionist tapped a few keys on her computer. "Oh yes, he's expecting you. Third floor, first room to the left of the stairwell." She smiles. "Welcome to the Skyline Horizon, Ms. Coleridge."

"Thank you." Laura politely avoids commenting on the paper's name, and headed for the stairs. It was only two stories, they'd be faster than the elevator.

John Amberton proved to be an angular, tallish man sitting behind a desk, which was clean by her standards—a large computer, plus the little knick-knacks that seemed to pop up on desks everywhere. He rose to shake her hand. "Coleridge, right? John Amberton, editor. How're you settling in?"

"Pretty well, thanks," she replied, taking the hand.

"Right, well, down to business," he said, settling himself behind his desk again. All he needed, she thought with wry humor, was a cigar to complete the image of a brisk editor. That and a desk full of paper, but that was uncommon nowadays. "Welcome to the Horizon. The salary we settled on's a starter, you'll be looking at a raise every few months to every few years, depending on how productive you are and how well you get received. We'll put you on editorials after a while to try to gauge that. How's it sound?"

"Not bad enough to pay for another plane ticket home for," she said dryly. "That'll be fine."

"Good. You're a floor down, fifth door. 215. We've got the bare bones for you there already. You use a laptop?"

"No. When I need to type, I'll do it in the office."

"Hmmm. Well, you should have what you need to get started down there. Take today to familiarize yourself with the place, tomorrow you're taking unpaid vacation if you're not working. You'll be helping with the local news—the police beat and SLEA stuff, mostly. Popular."

"That's right, you syndicate your heroes over here, don't you?"

"That's right, Miss Coleridge. Anything else, ask someone or come see me." He didn't rise to see her out, which was fine with her. There was such a thing as overpoliteness, although it was not something she thought would be a problem in America.

She headed down to investigate her new office. Meeting the other workers could come later.

13_CBS
2008-01-24, 07:39 AM
Sun Kim

Huh...guess she wasn't so drunk after all...

He almost ran smack into the burly young man in front of him, offering what was practically a million dollars.

"Here you go, man... take it. Just try to find something better to do than snatching purses, yeah?"

Sun stared at the twenty dollars in front of him, his mind suddenly working overtime.

What?! What the hell does he think I am? Screw you, buddy!

But still, a twenty...that's like, five WackyFun Burgers...and fries! Ooh!

"Um...uh, th-thanks. Mister."

Had Sun not been so agitated by the situation, he might have...smelled something funny about the fellow.

He glanced over across the street to a pair of bums reclining on a bench, presumably chatting about their miserable lives. Sun was about to sneer when...

Hey...is that guy staring at me?

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-01-24, 10:58 AM
Avalon/Bryn

Shrugging off the encounter with the peculiar kid, the woman approaches the other man on the street (James, not the seated bums). "Pardon me, but do you happen to know where the," She fishes a note out of a pocket, "Omberlen Employment Offices are?"

Fiery Justice
2008-01-24, 01:12 PM
Horizon Building, Room 215
The room is clean enough with a desk, a table top computer that looks like its four years old. It looks nice enough, beside the equipment, there's a file holder, a printer that is a fair share newer then the computer. There are a couple of folders on the table, as well as what appears to be a welcoming basket.

There's a window but its not very big, but there may be a good reason for that given what you've heard about this town. And its superheroic incidents. And supervillainy.

(If she bothers to look at the Welcome Basket it says, "From the Staff, hope you enjoy your time here"

There are four files, each with a potential story:
The retirement of a group of SLEA supers known as the Spectacular Six who worked in this territory for the past nine years.

A recent breakout by the super criminal The Pale has led to questions on the validity of the Skyline Power Containment Area which houses most local supervillains.

A Tribune is coming in to do a final check for the death penalty of former criminal leader Caleb Mitchelson. Tribunes are groups of three telepaths who check the guilt of any murder accused.

There's also a story on an extraterestial incident in the southern part of the city, where a strange bug like creature emerged from a pod that landed there a couple of hours ago.

You can investigate any of them if you like.)

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-24, 02:22 PM
James

James gave a friendly smile, looking at the woman for a moment, then nodding.

Sure, I'm out of classes for the day, got nothing to do... be happy to show you around. Name's Jame's by the way. He extended his hand You new to the city, Miss...?

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-01-24, 02:45 PM
Avalon/Bryn

"Oh, uh, Llewelyn. Bryn's my first name. That's probably easier." She takes his hand with one of her own, a tattoo of a celtic cross briefly visible on her palm. "Just arrived yesterday, found a hotel. Looking for work. You know of anything?"

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-24, 03:46 PM
James

James scratches the back of his head, eyes looking upward as he thinks. As he does so, he begins to walk, gesturing for her to follow. Not off the top of my head... what kind of field are you looking for work in?

Voshkod
2008-01-24, 04:14 PM
A nearby billboard reads:

ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE ASSOCIATES
Bringing you into the future

Now hiring, various positions

An Equal Opportunity Employer

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-01-24, 04:38 PM
Avalon/Bryn

"Anything really. I'd be best at mechanic or translation work. I suppose I could serve as a bodyguard or police force, perhaps. I spent time in Her Majesty's Navy. But I'll take almost anything. As long as it's legitimate."

deepsear
2008-01-24, 04:55 PM
Rand

Ian sighs, and drops his hand from the machete. Sliding down the wall to sit against it, he drops his head back and sighs. Before any bewildered homeowner finds an armed man sitting in his garage, he stands, puts away his gas-mask, and walks outside. His sigh levels on the woman who he was almost sure was going to be robbed, and the troubled-looking youth who had almost committed the crime. Seeing another man talking to her, he decides to follow the young man as discreetly as possible, to make sure he doesn't try anything else. Maybe, also, to have a word with him.

Shifting his belt, he starts after the lad.

Warpfire
2008-01-24, 05:24 PM
Adam looks away a few moments after Sun notices him, turning back to reply.

"That isn't exactly what I was talking about...but anyway, my name's Adam. Pleasure to meet you and all that." He raises an eyebrow at the mass of wires. "What was that?"

In the meantime, he remains mentally focused on Sun. He sends a wave of apathy towards him that aims to help him dismiss Adam as nothing more than some crazy hobo.

13_CBS
2008-01-25, 07:24 AM
Sun Kim

Huh...coulda sworn that bum was looking at me. Whatever...

Time to get me some Wackyfun burgers!

And so he heads off the restaurant a few blocks away, completely unaware of the formerly masked and armed man tailing him.

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-25, 04:54 PM
James

James nodded thoughtfully. He wished he could be more help, but truthfully, he'd never had the need to hold down a job, due to his powers, and it wasn't something he was experienced with. Still, she seemed a nice girl, and he knew how it was to be alone in the big city.

So, where are you from originally? And why'd you decide to come here?

deepsear
2008-01-25, 05:04 PM
Rand

As he follows the young man at a leisurely pace, he nods at the man and the woman talking on the street, simultaneously giving the traditional Texan two-finger wave. He places his hand in his jacket, checking his meager equipment.

Gas mask? Check. Pistol? Check. Machete? Check. Ah, who am I kidding? This kid's probably just some poor rat. I'm gonna make sure though...

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-01-25, 05:11 PM
Avalon/Bryn

"Wales," she says with a dreamy sort of smile. "Lovely sort of place." She shrugs at the second question. "Seems as good a place as any. Had a bit of an incident on the last ship I sailed on. Inland seemed a good place to go. You been here long?"

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-25, 05:17 PM
James

James nodded as he walked along. A couple of years. Came up from the south to attend the university. They've got a good engineering program He gave a wry sort of smile Just to warn you, though, it's an odd sort of place. Kind of a wierdness magnet. Draws a lot of metahumans.

13_CBS
2008-01-25, 05:23 PM
Sun Kim

Mmm, burgers...

But something doesn't feel right...

Hey...is someone following me? He sends a glance backwards...

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-01-25, 05:26 PM
Avalon/Bryn

"Metahumans? Do you know many yourself?" she asks, doing her best to appear only casually interested.

deepsear
2008-01-25, 05:39 PM
Rand

Rand does the one thing you should never do when following someone:

He makes eye contact.

"Craaaaaaap," he mutters to himself. He quickly, and none too subtly averts his gaze and continues forwards.

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-25, 06:08 PM
James

James shrugs a little, keeping his tone casual, hedging his best. It's impossible not to at least see them occasionally. There's a group that sort of regulates a lot of the active ones - well, the active ones who aren't off perpetrating nefarious acts. The SLEA. Yeah, I've met a few supers. Most of 'em are decent folks.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-01-25, 11:02 PM
Bryn

"The SLEA? You wouldn't happen to know if they're hiring by any chance? Sounds like a right nice place to work."

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-25, 11:17 PM
James

James shrugged, giving a little grin. Yeah, they might be... why, you a metahuman?

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-01-25, 11:28 PM
Bryn

"Is that all they hire, then? Just metahumans?"

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-26, 12:29 AM
James

James scratches his head, as if thinking. Not sure. Not that you have to tell me or anything, mind you... just curious.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-01-26, 12:40 AM
Bryn

"Are you?" she asks, looking at James pointedly. "Doesn't seem the sort of thing you'd expect a stranger to ask, now is it?" She briefly flashes a wan smile.

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-26, 01:10 AM
James

James shrugged Well, you seemed interested in SLEA... so I just wondered. Besides, I'll tell you if you tell me. he added the last in an almost childish tone, smirking and giving her a wink

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-01-26, 01:20 AM
Bryn

The welsh woman shrugs and rolls her eyes. "I did say I was interested in law enforcement as an option. But fine. Yes." She arches an eyebrow and crosses her arms, one hand reaching under her jacket with the gesture, feeling the comforting outline of the holstered pistol, just in case. "You?"

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-26, 01:53 AM
James

James smiles and nods. His eyes follow her arm as it disappears inside her jacket.

Indeed I am... fully registered with the SELA. Alias Transmuter. By the way, if you sign up, you'll have to have a secret... most of us know each other's, but for safety reasons were not supposed to spread 'em around. He winks again The gun, by the way, wouldn't do any good.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-01-26, 11:11 AM
Bryn

The young woman relaxes, unashamed of being caught reaching for the hidden weapon. "It would have helped had you been a mundane with a hate streak," she points out. "It's perfectly legal, by the by. I've got all the necessary permits. You work for them then?"

13_CBS
2008-01-26, 12:26 PM
Sun Kim

Sun couldn't really figure out why the young, burly man felt a bit...odd to him.

Hey, was that guy following me? Aw, not again, I already paid Big Fella his dues...

Well, better find out. If I run, they'll cap me again.

Walking up to Rand, Sun says in a tired, defeated voice,

*Sigh* "Hey, man, enough already. I've already payed Big Fella the fee, alright?"

deepsear
2008-01-26, 02:54 PM
Rand

Taken completely aback, Ian stammers:

"Um, oh uh, ok... Just eh, makin' sure you were, uh, gonna be okay. Speakin of which," he regains his composure, "do you have some down-low on 'activity' down here? I, uh, like to be informed. You know, anything big going on?"

Rand relaxes a little, seeing how open this kid is being.

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-26, 03:09 PM
James

James makes a see-sawing motion with his hand, apparently unconcerned about the gun. Sort of. I'm registered, but it's sort of a part time gig. I'm still in college, and I don't run around in costume all the time. And yeah, I understand... the hate groups around here tend to have some trouble, though. Just too many supers.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-01-26, 04:19 PM
Bryn

"'Super' doesn't exactly apply here. I'm no alpha-grade. I'd rather be a mundane, given the option. Didn't have it, though. I'm just looking for a reasonably good place to work."

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-26, 06:01 PM
James

James nods and grins ruefully Yeah... I understand that. Sometimes I forget that a lot of people's powers are more of a burden than a blessing. But yeah, the SLEA's a good place to get a job. Pay's only moderate, but the benefits are pretty nice. And, well... He grins a little abashedly. Dunno, just kinda seems the right thing to do.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-01-27, 12:26 AM
Bryn

"I've been working as ship's mechanic on a number of tankers. That isn't exactly a lucrative career, me boyo. Don't care how much the pay is as long as it's liveable and steady. What exactly is it you do for them? And is there work there for someone who's not looking to trade on their, ah, unique abilities?"

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-27, 01:17 AM
James

James gave another smile Well, that's all right, just wanted to make sure you weren't expecting anything too grand. But yeah, we can always use more help, even if it's not in the superpowered department. Me? Well, I do all kinds of things... patrol work, of course. And I also do a lot of fabrication, occasionally help out with the tech stuff.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-01-27, 01:24 AM
Bryn

"Fabrication?" she asks, sounding curious.

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-27, 01:55 AM
James

James nods, looking around to make sure he's not being listened to once more Yeah... well, my power set enables me to, among other things, make just about anything as long as I know the molecular composition.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-01-27, 02:05 AM
Bryn

"Sounds useful. Really useful. You alpha-grade, then?"

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-27, 02:21 AM
James

James nods Yep. Course it also means some... privacy issues. Having a guy around who can fabricate anything makes the Department of Defense and the Treasury Department more than a little nervous

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-01-27, 02:47 AM
Bryn

"Sounds a bit of hassle. Haven't had that problem, myself. 'Tisn't hard for me to stay under the radar. Don't usually do anything worth notice." She shrugs, her voice sounding slightly pained.

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-27, 02:48 AM
James

James shrugs a little. Hey, just because you're not big and flashy doesn't mean your not important. Never been in this for the recognition. It's just the right thing to do.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-01-27, 02:55 AM
Bryn

Bryn laughs, although there's no sign of mocking to it. "I'm not looking for something that's the 'right thing to do'. I'm just looking for a steady paycheck. Course, if the two coincide, I'm not going to complain."

The_Snark
2008-01-27, 04:27 AM
Laura

Laura takes a moment to look at the staff welcome before moving on to the folders, absently turning on the computer. Amberton might have said to take the day to settle in if she needed it, but apparently they were ready if she wanted to start early, too. That was how news worked—it needed to be gotten out quickly to be of any worth. Well, I'd have gotten bored wandering about aimlessly all day anyway. Taking the folders, she flips them open.

Retirement. Moderately interesting. Not urgent. She'd look up the history of the Spectacular Six later. Breakout of an empowered criminal—that was important. It looked like a followup story—they would have announced the breakout as soon as possible, and then gotten the details of the investigation. She'd talk to the police about that one. Or the SLEA, maybe; they were probably involved with containment somehow. They seemed to be involved with everything else.

Next story—a Tribune. She'd only heard of the practice vaguely, but now that she's here, it occurs to Laura that she ought to look into its history. Invasions of privacy were a tricky thing. She decides to familiarize herself with the law as she goes; she's not a live TV reporter, after all. She's allowed to take the time to look things up. This looked to be fairly routine, though the results would be interesting.

Next—alien? She checks the date. Very recent. Funny that they would have given it to her...

In the back of her mind, she feels stirring. A sense of nagging curiousity.

extra... not from... here? Something... else?

Well. Whatever it was, it had caught the attention of those... things. If she were a TV reporter, it would have been a perfect opportunity, but she wasn't. Still... She wonders what the approach to this would be. Should she be getting an escort, from either the police, the SLEA offices or at the scene? They were probably monitoring this, or the local police were. Perhaps she should ask about that. She'd have a lot more to write on if she saw it herself, but she had no desire to be at ground zero alone if things went bad...

The curiousity turned insistent. Probably, the things had been wildly disoriented by her move and the myriad of new things it had encountered, and now that they had happened upon something they could understand, they wanted to know more. A few quick taps of the computer keys later, Laura heads downstairs. They were being as compelling as they could manage, but she wasn't about to stumble into this unprepared.

Outside, she looks for a cab before remembering that this is America, and there wouldn't be one. Oh, well—it'd save on money to walk. It was only a short walk to the SLEA offices, and in the right direction, as she'd found when she looked up the office. Briskly, she sets off towards the offices on foot.

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-27, 05:03 AM
James

James grins wryly at Bryn's words Yeah... well, I know it sounds corny. But to be honest, never was really much of a choice... with what I can do, I wasn't going to get away with not doing something with my powers. I mean, I guess I could live out in a desert compound somewhere or something, but... well, it was basically a case of go good or go bad. he shrugs, smiling ruefully Eh, oh well. Enough of me griping.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-01-27, 01:25 PM
Bryn

"Is it much farther?" she asks, walking along with James. "What's the building like?"

13_CBS
2008-01-27, 01:51 PM
Rand

Taken completely aback, Ian stammers:

"Um, oh uh, ok... Just eh, makin' sure you were, uh, gonna be okay. Speakin of which," he regains his composure, "do you have some down-low on 'activity' down here? I, uh, like to be informed. You know, anything big going on?"

Rand relaxes a little, seeing how open this kid is being.

Sun Kim

Sun seems relieved that this odd fellow wasn't demanding tribute.

"Looking for work? Sure, I-"

He pauses, his face a sudden mask of suspicion. Sun grips the insides of his pockets, especially the $20.

"Wait...who wants to know? What for?

You a cop or something?"

deepsear
2008-01-27, 02:09 PM
Rand

Oh god, this kid thinks I was looking for his kind of work! How do I play this?

"Law enforcement? Not really. Heh."

Ugh... how can I not scare this guy off?

"If you'll let me be completely honest, I'm really wondering if there's anything big I could shut down. Yeah, I'm not workin' for anyone, so I have no problem with you. But if you know anything about drug deals, arms intake, any other organized crime, thas what I need. Plus, you don't look like you work for any syndicates. What goes on with them shouldn't be your problem."

Rand stares into Sun's eyes, searching for answers.

"I have a need for an informant. And I've some 'incentive' that's burning a hole in my pocket."

Ian is completely nonchalant about this financial situation.

13_CBS
2008-01-27, 02:18 PM
Sun Kim

"Hmm...pretty tempting there, man. But I can't just rat on on people like Big Fella without "handymen" getting all over my ass, you know what I'm saying?

Money's fine, but I'm more worried about protection. And trust me: the crime bosses around here have eyes and ears everywhere, sometimes literally; the biggest ones got supers as enforcers and stuff. Hell, one of them might be listening right now.

Another thing pops into Sun's head.

"Plus...how're you plannin' on busting the big guys by yourself, anyhow? A nine millimeter won't get you far here, man."

deepsear
2008-01-27, 02:36 PM
Rand

Ian winks at him.

"For your information, I have some nice equipment. Does the number 5.56 say anything? Maybe, .357? He drops to a whisper. Yeah, I know what you were really getting at. No, I don't have any super ray beams blastin outta my butt when I snap my fingers.

Rand chuckles, and reaches into his jacket.

"But if you don't feel comfortable talking about it, then," he says, while pressing a $100 into Sun's palm, "this conversation never happened. And if anyone comes by askin' about this, sayin' they heard it, just send em on over. I don't bruise easily."

Ian looks up, and stares down the road for a second before shifting his eyes back down to Sun's.

"Hey. There's a WackyFun down the street, and I am parched. You can come, you can run off, but I am getting me a DP."

He breaks away from Sun, and with his long gait makes his way towards WackyFun.

13_CBS
2008-01-27, 02:56 PM
Sun Kim

Sun stares at the $100, then at the man, then at the $100 again.

Oh, **** it. Big Fella's taken enough money from me anyhow.

He calls after the man, "Hey! Hey, wait up, man!"

Fiery Justice
2008-01-27, 09:14 PM
The building is a six story concrete building, with a basement for training. Its about the size of a baseball field and is blockish and uninspired. It has small windows of reinforced glass and as well as having the air above reserved for flight training. The most important issue about the building is it is covered, top to bottom, with murals of the heroes who died in the service of their country and the city. This was commissioned by Agent One, leader of the SLEA

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-27, 09:56 PM
James

James nods towards the building.

Yep. Here we are. A little... well.. blocky, but it's functional. The murals were a nice touch, I always thought.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-01-27, 10:41 PM
Bryn

She doesn't look impressed with the building. "It's no Old Bailey, but I suppose if it works, it works. You spend much time here?"

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-27, 11:46 PM
James

James seesaws his hand back and forth. A bit. Most of the time I'm out on patrol, but I hang around in case somebody needs something made, or just to see people, grab a meal in the commissary.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-01-28, 12:46 AM
Bryn

"Do they have an auto shop or anything of the kind? Ground vehicles and tankers aren't exactly the same thing, but I can do engine work on them too." She looks at the doors then adds, "Mind showing me around inside?"

The_Snark
2008-01-28, 02:54 AM
Laura

Laura stops on the corner, feeling a little winded. She'd been walking briskly, but still—was she that out of practice? God, I've been living in cities too long. I used to love rambling around the countryside for hours on end. Maybe I'll walk from my apartment to work, see how that works out. For now, she was here.

She looks the six-story building up and down, then shrugs. If she was going to go in, she might as well go in and see if somebody could point her in the right direction. And conveniently, there was a couple right in front of the doors. "Excuse me," she calls in a sharp British accent, approaching, "are these the SLEA offices?"

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-01-28, 12:05 PM
Bryn

Bryn's head whips around and a glad smile spreads across her face as she hears Laura's voice. "Nice to hear proper English for a change," she replies with the lilting welsh-brit accent of her own. "I'm told this is the place, but as you can see, I've not been inside as yet to verify."

13_CBS
2008-01-28, 02:45 PM
Sun Kim

Seeing that the stranger wasn't responding, Sun calls out again, "H-hey! Hey yo! I'm talking to you man, wait up!"

deepsear
2008-01-28, 05:05 PM
Rand

Hearing Sun for the second time, and himself satisfied, stops in the middle of the pavement. He waits for Sun to catch up, and turns to him, a grin breaking out on his face.

"Oh, good! I was wanting that hundred to go to good use. Thanks for changing your mind. To tell you the truth, I haven't been doing this gig long, and I haven't been in this city long either. We can talk about what you know over some lunch. Oh, and we haven't really been properly introduced. My name is Ian."

Ian extends his hand towards Sun.

The_Snark
2008-01-28, 09:41 PM
Laura

Laura smiles. "Likewise." She holds out a hand. "Laura Coleridge. Just arrived here a couple days ago. It's taking a while to get used to everything."

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-01-28, 09:45 PM
Bryn

"Bryn Llewelyn," she replies taking Laura's hand and shaking it warmly. "I arrived just last night myself. Looking for work and a place to stay. The whole place is new to me."

The_Snark
2008-01-29, 01:13 AM
Laura

"Somebody to be disoriented with. Lovely," she says agreeably. "The complex I'm staying in is cheap and had openings as of two weeks ago, but I'm afraid I can't help you on the job front. I'm a little new to be reccomending anyone."

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-29, 01:45 AM
James

James waits for the two countrywomen to introduce themselves to each other for a moment, smiling as he sees a break in the conversation.

James. Nice to make your acquaintance. I was just showing Brynn around the place. You're welcome to come too, if you like.

The_Snark
2008-01-29, 05:42 AM
Laura

"Be glad to," she replies, offering a hand to him as well as she realizes she's been ignoring him. "You're a native, I take it?"

13_CBS
2008-01-29, 07:33 AM
Sun Kim

Sun stares at the hand for a moment, then grasps it.

"The name's Sun. Sun Kim."

Then he grins, a hint of youth seeping through the mask of grime and stoicism.

"So...how 'bout that WackyFun burger?"

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-01-29, 11:55 AM
Bryn

"I might try that out, thanks," she says to Laura in response to the housing comment. She leaves the next move up to James-- stand and chat or head inside makes no immediate difference to her.

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-29, 07:51 PM
James

James nods at Laura's comment. Yes indeed... Well, to a degree. been here for a few years, studying at the university if you want to count that.

With that, he motions the two inside, preparing to show them around the building

(OOC: I don't know if you want to describe this part, or if I should just make it up.)

Fiery Justice
2008-01-29, 08:16 PM
(erm. I'm bad at descirptions, but here goes)
The room has nice wood floors, and a round receptionist desk with three secretarys sitting around. Its a nice room, not the best furnished but nice, with some waiting chairs and a desk. There appear to be some streamers being set up.

deepsear
2008-01-30, 05:01 PM
Rand

Ian leads the way down the street, keeping talk to small things: weather, other people, jokes, etc.

As they get to the counter of the Wackyfun, he delivers a final punchline.

"So Ike says, they just found the man who robbed my house. He was shot in the hip, and had a three of diamonds in his pocket!"

Ian gives a chuckle, hoping for laughs, and looks at the register dude.

"Ummm... hm... I am liking the #7 combo today, and hold the veggies. And put extra pepper jack on it. Danka! Alright Kim, go ahead and order."

Ian moves to the back to claim a not-so-decrepit table.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-01-30, 05:18 PM
Bryn

Bryn approaches one of the receptionists. "Hello. I'm looking for work. Who would I speak to?"

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-30, 06:42 PM
James

As Brynn goes to speak to the receptionist, James turns to Laura So, what exactly are you here looking for?

13_CBS
2008-01-30, 08:57 PM
Sun Kim

Sun tries his best to keep his brain from melting into goo from Ian's terrible, terrible joke. Fortunately, he had burgers to help him with that job.

"Ok, uh, a #3 with a large drink aaand...oh, chocolate milkshake. Wait, make that two."

He pays and grabs the bags of (heart-rending, vein-hardening, super greasy) food and follows Ian to the table.

"What?

Oh, that. Come on, man, I haven't had a milkshake in, like, forever."

He sits down on a rickety bench made of black plastic and bites deeply into his cheeseburger. Having forgotten his table manners over the years, he sprays it while saying it.

"Ok, thanks for the food man. Time for business.

You said you're new here, right? Then here's a few bits of free info, stuff everybody who's not stupid knows. First off, we got three main crime groups here, the Suited Men, the Freaks, and the Olympians.

The Suited Men are pretty much old-school Mafia guys. They're probably the biggest and the richest, but not necessarily the most powerful, group around here, I think. Their boss is the guy I was talking about, Big Fella. Not so big from what I heard, but don't say that to a Suit, or he'll stick a 9mm to your face and tell you to apologize. The Suits are smart: as far as I know, Suits don't get busted. Not by the Police, not by the Feds, and not even by the...SLEA." Sun growls out the last word.

"...Ahem. The Suits tend to, uh, "charge a toll" on little guys like me, usually small-time thugs who don't belong to any major gang. When it comes to paying the tax, the Suits are like the Feds, but worse; they'll find you, beat you down, then take everything you got. And they always, always find you.

Then there's the Freaks. Supers gone bad, like a criminal version of SLEA, you know? They do some pretty minor stuff, like drug running, mugging, arms smuggling...they hang out around the rim of the city. They're kinda small, smaller than the Suits. But not even the Suits mess with the Freaks. Last week, word was that one of the Freaks is wanted for killing a SLEA loser.

And then...the Olympians. No, not really THOSE Olympians/ This is where we get into some pretty weird ****. This ain't Zeus, Poseidowhatshisface crap, man. I've heard that the kids, like Ares and Apollo? I think? Kicked out their daddies and now they're running some crazy cults here and there. They haven't done anything wrong...yet. But they're strong, they're on the down low, and people are scared. And don't bother hitting the books on these guys; word is that the new...gods? I guess? Are completely different.

So, uh, yeah. The three biggest dogs in the city and they're all out of our reach. Yeah, I've heard of Mr. ".357". I almost got hit by one in a gang war between the Suits and some other punk gang. Trust me, you're gonna need a whooole lota bullets to take out any of the three. And one you start, they'll hunt you down and kill you.

Maybe we could, you know, start small, for now?"

deepsear
2008-01-31, 05:15 PM
Rand

Ian slowly leans back and forth in his chair, digesting this statement. And his food. Always was a fast eater. Wiping some crumbs from his hands, and his jacket (with a stare at Kim), he brings his chair back into contact with the floor.

"Cripes... that's a lot of work to be done. We,"

Ian emphasizes this word, and smiles,

"are probably going to get into a lot of trouble with some very nasty people, so I need to know two things.

First, I need to know if you can take care of a few lowlifes on a small bust. Got a gun? Training with said gun? Some kind of martial art, or boxing? Knife skills?"

Ian leans back again in his chair, the aged, abused plastic protesting noisily at this treatment.

Fiery Justice
2008-01-31, 07:14 PM
The receptionist looks up, "Are you a metahuman?" she asks simply.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-01-31, 07:16 PM
Bryn

She shrugs. "I don't see why that's so important, but yes. I would much prefer work that didn't rely on my using those abilities, though."

Fiery Justice
2008-01-31, 08:03 PM
"We don't supply that kind of work here, this is an agency that works in the protection and aid of the public through the use of superhuman abilities. There are other places to work if one wants a normal job." says the Receptionist steadily and simply, without any kind of malice or simple mercy, like reciting it out of a text book.

(Sorry, I just can't see them giving a job to someone who doesn't want to use their powers. Why don't you look in the paper for a job as a mechanic or whatever else your qualified for?)

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-01-31, 08:38 PM
Bryn

The woman looks a bit confused. "So you've got superhuman receptionist abilities or something to have that job? Who maintains the building? Or fixes patrol vehicles, or maintains an armory, if there is one? Who does the record keeping?" She doesn't have any anger in her tone, just a simple lack of understanding on how the SLEA works.

(Well, I figured that, since 2 players already work for the SLEA, it would make sense to try to form a team by joining up as well. And I figure Bryn's powers aren't going to be used that often in the first place, and since it hurts like the dickens to use 'em, she'd rather avoid it unless necessary. Even if she was hired as a super medic, she'd be spending a lot of time sitting around waiting for someone to get hurt. May as well give her something useful to do. I do have to wonder who does the day-to-day support stuff. Is there a Superjanitor running around cleaning the toilets with laser beams or something?)

The_Snark
2008-01-31, 08:48 PM
Laura

"The information desk, I suppose," Laura replies with a shrug, "or just someone who has the time to answer questions. I'm a journalist, I should know basic info on what I'm writing about, and this seemed like the place to find out."

13_CBS
2008-01-31, 08:53 PM
Sun Kim

We?! Oh man...

Sun ponders at Ian's question for a few moments.

"Hmm...I don't know why I trust you so much, but here goes..."

He finishes off the last of his fries, takes a last sip of shake, and then leans forward, obscuring his hands from all but Ian.

"Ok, take a look at this..." As he speaks, a thin, black wire snakes out from the tip of his right index finger. It looks like it's made of metal, but metal couldn't possibly be that flexible, could it? Or so sharp-looking?

"This and seven of its buddies is why I don't carry a gun with me man. Handy as a garrote or for tripping, and cuts right through everything, like steel."

Fiery Justice
2008-01-31, 10:20 PM
"I have brief level precognitive levels, the man sitting to my right has enhanced reflexes, and the woman to my right has an eidetic memory. We all underwent training in drawing the gun underneath our desk, arming it, and firing it in under six seconds with accuracy within ten feet. Our machines are maintained by their inventors or whoever they hire to handle such things. Our mundane maintenance is done by Jim, he's a super-speedster but he's a bit nervous since the death of his partner. Honestly I don't know who works support. What is your power, and why are you reluctant to use it? These are important things to us." said the Secretary, a bit befuddled.

WhiteKnight777
2008-01-31, 10:39 PM
James

James' brow wrinkled as he overheard Brynn's conversation. It seemed odd to him, too, that everyone, including support staff were all metahumans. It seemed... unlikely. Shrugging mentally, he turned to Laura with a pleasant smile.

Well, you can probably try to talk to one of the people here, or I'd be happy to answer whatever questions I could.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-01-31, 11:18 PM
Bryn

"I can heal people," she says quietly. "Broken arm, bullet wound, missing limb, cancer, you name it. I don't like to do it as I temporarily end up with whatever it is I'm curing, and it's excruciatingly painful to do it besides."

Fiery Justice
2008-01-31, 11:59 PM
"Any weapons training, what weapons to what degree?" asks the woman politely.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-02-01, 12:16 AM
Bryn

"Military training. Pistol, rifle, and 60mm deck gun. I don't expect that last will be terribly useful, of course."

Fiery Justice
2008-02-01, 12:35 AM
"You've never seen our armoury. Alright, here's some forms, you can look them over, over there." she takes a form out of the desk, its about as thick as you fist and weighs like eight pounds. It roughly comes to an outline of all the rules that they want you to follow, basically police rules, plus enhanced discretionary power. Then there are two pages of questions about your powers, and then there's two pages on why you want to join, and then there's a waiver for a mandatory mind scan. She then points to a seat.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-02-01, 02:45 AM
Bryn

The woman's eyes go wide at the stack of paper. "You're joshing, right? I thought the paperwork for the Royal Navy was bad." Seeing that the receptionist is quite serious she heaves the stack over to a chair and starts in on it, clearly intent on reading every page.

13_CBS
2008-02-01, 05:32 PM
Sun Kim

"Eh? Eh? Is this cool or is this cool?"

deepsear
2008-02-02, 10:18 AM
Rand

Ian's eyes grow wide, but then return to normal in a quick blink.

"Well, you're pretty darn forward. I guess if this is 'show you, show me,' I'll tell you what I'm all about. I, well, have the qualities of a tank. Maybe strength is not part of that, but I can take a crapload of damage, and still be on my feet. I was shot seven times, once in the jaw, on a 'routine' drug bust. Capped every one of the thugs in the knees for those. About 2 days later, after shutting up in my apartment with 6 liters of Doctor Pepper, some Ramen Noodles, and heavy bandages, I woke up with all my wounds gone. Weirdest thing was, none of those shots had 'hurt'. Oh sure, I felt the sensation of the blasts, but no pain."

Ian eyes the fingers, with their strands of hidden metal, and speaks again.

"Those make good tripwires, eh? That's damn impressive, s'cuse my French. That would help out immensely, not to mention how dangerous you would be in a fight. What have you tested those suckers on? Car metal? Brick? Enlighten me, if you would."

13_CBS
2008-02-02, 01:40 PM
Sun Kim

The lad scrunches up his face in memory.

"Pain resistance, huh? That's pretty damn cool man! It'll help a lot around here...lets see....

Uh, I remember one time when I was using my wires climb up a wall, all ninja-style. I got my wires around a metal railing, it looked like steel...I'm climbing up, and the next thing I know I'm on the ground with a sore ass and a piece of metal railing clanking around right next to me.

So yeah, my wires'll cut through steel, though the tougher stuff could take some time, I think. Bricks? No prob. Cars? Oh yeah.

I've...I've never really killed anyone with my wires, though. We're not going to go around killing people, are we?"

deepsear
2008-02-02, 02:18 PM
Rand

Ian gives Sun a pained expression.

"No. Never. Not unless they are gonna to kill you, then you try to incapacitate them. Killin' just doesn't feel right."

He slaps his thigh, and smiles sunnily once more.

"But that's not stopping me from poppin' 'em in the leg, eh? You can fix those suckers! Give em something to think about while recuperatin'. And you? Just give them a few lashes, they might leave you alone. Whip their guns in half or something, its all good."

Ian leans his head back and sighs deeply.

"Agh. Let's just hope that there is never a time when we need to do that. I like to go in, bust a few heads quietly, then make off with the money and leave them with the drugs, and a visit from the police."

He jerks his head back forward, and gazes into Kim's eyes.

"Say, Sun, I remember you kinda growlin' out SLEA. What's your problem with them? What's up with 'em?"

13_CBS
2008-02-02, 02:48 PM
Sun Kim

Sun chuckles a bit, both out of relief and laughter, but his face goes stony when Ian inquires about SLEA.

"...sorry man, but I don't really wanna talk about that right now. Maybe later, alright? All I'll tell you right now is...I don't like them. Hell, I hate'em."

He breaks his gaze and stares at the scratched plastic of the food table, sipping on his second milkshake.

deepsear
2008-02-04, 05:01 PM
Rand

Ian takes this as the cue to 'drop it and leave it alone'

Cant have an angry teammate now can we?

"Alright, it's okay. Anyway, I don't think I'm gonna appreciate them much either, what with vigilantism frowned upon by society. So, what are we gonna do first? Got anyplace for us to start?"

Ian says this while pondering Sun's interesting steps towards lawfulness. Rand smiles inwardly. Steps.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-02-05, 03:34 PM
Bryn

After quite some time, Bryn returns to the desk with the paperwork. "All finished."

The_Snark
2008-02-05, 03:40 PM
Laura

Laura shrugs. "If you think you know how the place works, sure. How does the SLEA handle disturbances? Is it organized like a department of the police, with calls received and whatever individual best fits the situation dispatched? Or is it more of a collection of vigilantes, with whichever member happens to be handy helping out when they see a problem? Or some of both?" She raises an eyebrow. "And do you have any idea if there's a public book of regulations on this sort of thing? I don't imagine I'll think of everything I want to know while I'm here, and it would be better to have a reference so that I didn't have to go bother somebody for everything I want to know."

13_CBS
2008-02-05, 04:27 PM
Sun Kim

Sun seems to quickly change his mood at the thought of busting some thugs.

"Hmm...*sip*...well, I remember a bunch of petty muggers robbing a convenience store a few blocks away last night...the cops ate too many donuts to keep up with 'em. And the SLEA's definitely not gonna bother cracking down on no-namers like them. I tracked them for a bit, so I think I know where their hideout is.

'Course, we should try to keep a low profile, cuz if we don't, both the SLEA and the Suits will be after us. One's gonna try and bust us, the other's gonna try and cap ups."

deepsear
2008-02-05, 05:00 PM
Rand

Ian gives a quick smile.

"Heh. You think I would be sitting here if I didn't keep a low profile? Anyway, this sounds good. I really hate the big important idiots only dealin' with 'important' stuff, not givin' a crap about the little guys. What is that convenience store owner's family gonna eat, if they don't get any money? Freakin' bureaucrats sitting around not giving a rat's porker about these people. But enough of that. I say we get ready for a possible crackdown tonight, eh?"

He leans forwards and eagerly cracks his knuckles. Even during his tirade, he looked at ease.

13_CBS
2008-02-05, 05:05 PM
Sun Kim

Sun gives a boyish grin and replies, "Heh heh...let's kick some ass man!

So, uh...

What're we gonna do till then?"

deepsear
2008-02-06, 05:05 PM
Rand

"Well... I really need to get back to my condo, in the Ferarri parked a couple blocks down, check on my huge arsenal of assault weapons, pick out a couple or 5, and load up an armored tank to bust down a wall and kick some serious butt. Or maybe I'll just get in my Jeep, ride back to my house, and check my equipment, slash get some naptime. I likes my naps."

Ian pushes his chair back, stands to his feet (as opposed to his eyeballs), and turns towards the door.

"However, if you want to come too, I could accommodate you. I got an Xbox 360 before I came here, and I have Halo 3."

Ian chuckles to himself, and thinks back to all the fun he had with that game. Oh, and the fun he still has.

13_CBS
2008-02-06, 06:26 PM
Sun Kim

Sun stares at Ian with his mouth wide open.

"Oh...uh...um...I'll pretend that you're screwing with me on that "armored tank" part. But yeah, I'll come with ya. Thanks."

He starts tidying up their eating place when he asks, "By the way...what's Halo 3? Don't play a lot of games, you see..."

WhiteKnight777
2008-02-06, 07:39 PM
James

James thinks about Laura's question before answering Well... little bit of both, really. People do get put on assignments and they try to route people to the jobs that most suit their talents, but if there's trouble nearby, nobody's going to wait for a call from HQ before they suit up and answer it. And yeah, there are quite a few regulations, but some metahumans make more effort to follow them than others.

Fiery Justice
2008-02-09, 02:57 PM
(Should I time jump you through to the evening?)

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-02-09, 03:33 PM
(Does Bryn get a job or an interview or anything?)

Fiery Justice
2008-02-09, 04:46 PM
(Oh, you get the job, thats a given. Why? Because your a main character:smallwink:. But that paper would take you a bit to read and there doesn't appear to be anyone else doing anything and with three of the PCs waiting to do fun heroic stuff tonight, why wade through it?)

13_CBS
2008-02-09, 05:14 PM
(Perhaps the SLEA is somewhat mired in bureaucracy and so Bryn's application will need quite a bit of time to process? Even in RL have you wait a few days for the application to process, have the manager read the resume, schedule an interview, etc.)

deepsear
2008-02-10, 08:39 PM
Rand

"Yeah. I was kidding. I just got a Jeep, a small shanty, and my SL8 with P226. Oh yeah, and Halo 3. Amazed you haven't heard of it, it's pretty common knowledge. It is kind of a shooting game where you go around fighting aliens and stuff with guns, pretty fun. Anyway, let's get going."

Rand leads Sun down the street to his old Jeep Wrangler and climbs in, driving off to his little house in anticipation for the night's events.

(Cue time-lapse?)

Fiery Justice
2008-02-11, 08:08 PM
(Yes, Cue Time Lapse, its now the evening)

13_CBS
2008-02-12, 09:33 AM
Sun Kim

"...and holy crap, that was an awesome 'nade throw! And-"

He stops, noticing a small, run down storage area that looks like a place where rats, and only rats, would live.

"Uhh...this is it. It's pretty small, so it doesn't have a back entrance, though I think we can bust in from the top...the roof's pretty flimsy, you see.

Mind if I go check it out, first? See if they're there?"

deepsear
2008-02-13, 04:59 PM
Rand

Ian strokes his stubble slowly, and considers this.

"I'll let you go first, but I need to know. Is there a rooftop I can spy from? Any unblocked windows?"

He hefts a guitar case from the back seat.

"I want to be able to keep and eye on some of them. If there isn't a rooftop I can spy from, I'll just back you up."

Ian opens the guitar case, and examines the SL8 nested inside. He then reaches to his sides, unbuckles his seat belt, and feels for his pistol.

"Let's get started."

You can almost see the smirk on his face.

Fiery Justice
2008-02-16, 11:06 AM
Inside the area are four thugs drinking beers, enjoying their evening, and two appear to be on guard duty, its not very well run, and there obviously small time.

13_CBS
2008-02-16, 11:34 AM
Sun Kim

Sun hops back down from the roof.

"Alright, six guys, two on duty. Rest are drinking beer and chilling.

Easy enough...heh."

deepsear
2008-02-16, 11:28 PM
Rand

"Pfff. These boys call themselves thugs? There were more experienced high school gangs in my town."

Ian steps out of the Jeep and unholsters his P226, shoving the guitar case back inside.

"What say we crack some skulls? Where is our best entry?"

Ian tensely looks around for a vantage point.

13_CBS
2008-02-17, 08:23 AM
Sun Kim

"Hmm...I've got an idea...

They're watching the front door, I think, so how 'bout I make a distraction? I come in from the roof, whip their guns, if they got any, and when they're all messed up, you come in Die Hard style."

Fiery Justice
2008-02-19, 08:21 AM
(Is that the plan? Are you acting on it?)

13_CBS
2008-02-19, 09:15 AM
(err...I'm waiting on Deepsear for his reply...:smallfrown: )

deepsear
2008-02-21, 04:59 PM
Rand

Ian frowns a bit.

"Hmmm... I dunno. I guess that's really our only option, but I am worrying about your safety."

"On the other hand, a large part of we wants to kick down a freakin' door! Okay, we'll do it, but be careful. You get them fast and good. I'll wait by the door."

Rand moves to the front door, keeping low and quiet.

"When I hear the glass smash I'll charge in."