PDA

View Full Version : Replicators vs. Tyranids

kpenguin
2008-01-24, 12:02 AM
In a battle between space bugs and robot space bugs, who would win?

The Battlefield
The SG Milky Way with two modifications: Earth and Dakara have been destroyed, for whatever reason, sometime after the creation of RepliCarter and the death of Fifth but before RepliCarter invades the Milky Way and the advanced races (Asgard, Nox, the Ancients who wouldn't anyway, etc.) are refusing to interfere.

The Forces
The Replicators have RepliCarter's full forces as shown during the "Reckoning". The Zerg Tyranids have a swarm of comparable size. They start on opposite ends of the galaxy.

How to Win
Completely destroy the other force. Its as simple as that.

Emperor Tippy
2008-01-24, 12:11 AM
The Replicators.

The Zerg might have the creep and cover a world eventually but the Replicators can literally turn the entire crust of a world into more of themselves. And if even a single replicator survives anywhere they will return at full strength eventually.

All RepliCarter has to do is send 1 ship of Replicators to an uninhabited/uninhabitable world and wait until that world is all replicators.

Pick a hundred thousand uninhabited planets and moons and just start replicating like crazy. Just keep expanding to new worlds until you run into the zerg. Then crush them.

In battle it really is no contest, the Replicators will crush the zerg easily.

kpenguin
2008-01-24, 08:23 PM

Okay, if the Zerg are too weak, then what about the Tyranids? I mean, the Zerg are supposed to toned down versions of the Tyranids, right?

I don't know much about Warhammer, though.

puppyavenger
2008-01-24, 08:31 PM

Okay, if the Zerg are too weak, then what about the Tyranids? I mean, the Zerg are supposed to toned down versions of the Tyranids, right?

An enitire Galaxy you say, The Tyranids, melt all the replicaters with pyro-acid from orbit.

Callos_DeTerran
2008-01-24, 08:31 PM
Theres a lot of unknowns in this, but the Tyranids do stand a better chance then the Zerg.

*Has the mental picture of a crying zergling running to a hive tyrant and pointing in the direction of the replicators. Picks up a barbed strangler and sighs as goes off to kill*

Hmm...don't know much about the replicators though. However robots are not immune to being eaten so thats a plus there.

Ominous
2008-01-24, 08:36 PM

The Replicators still win. At that particular point in the story, human-form replicators were completely immune to all ballastic weapons and acid, and almost all energy weapons. There was one thing in the universe that could hurt them, and, of course, that's how the good guys won.

Regular replicators were easier to destroy, but, depending on how many human-forms there were at the time, it wouldn't matter as the human-forms could do all of the fighting.

Callos_DeTerran
2008-01-24, 08:37 PM
The Replicators still win. At that particular point in the story, human-form replicators were completely immune to all ballastic weapons and acid, and almost all energy weapons. There was one thing in the universe that could hurt them, and, of course, that's how the good guys won.

Regular replicators were easier to destroy, but, depending on how many human-forms there were at the time, it wouldn't matter as the human-forms could do all of the fighting.

Hmm...how were they immune? More importantly what was that one thing that could hurt them?

Ominous
2008-01-24, 08:38 PM
An enitire Galaxy you say, The Tyranids, melt all the replicaters with pyro-acid from orbit.

All replicators are immune to acid, not just the human-forms.

EDIT: Let me clarify. Not all replicators are immune to acid. Replicators have the same properties as the material they're made from. The basic replicator in the shows, though, are made from Asgard alloys which are immune to acid. However, replicators that aren't made from those alloys would be susceptible to that attack, but good luck finding some that aren't made from Asgard alloys.

puppyavenger
2008-01-24, 08:40 PM
All replicators are immune to acid, not just the human-forms.

do they require anything in trhe enviorment to survive?

Ominous
2008-01-24, 08:45 PM
do they require anything in trhe enviorment to survive?

No. They are self-energizing.

Callos_DeTerran
2008-01-24, 08:48 PM
Ahem. I don't think pyro-acid is strictly an acid (hence the pyro part), but if you could address my post Ominous then I can begin constructing my Pro-Tyranid argument.

kpenguin
2008-01-24, 08:50 PM
Thread title changed. Hopefully, its a more even fight now.

Ominous
2008-01-24, 08:55 PM
Hmm...how were they immune? More importantly what was that one thing that could hurt them?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replicator_%28Stargate%29

I'll go into a bit more detail.

Regular Replicators
-They're made from whatever materials are available to the replicators to make more from.
-They can spit a substance that dissolves anything (besides themselves it seems).
-They absorb almost all energy blasts.
-Any energy weapons that can damage them, they will adapt an immunity to in a short time.
-They are self-energizing, meaning that they need no energy source; thus violating the laws of thermodynamics.
-Ballastic weapons will shatter them, but they can sometimes reassemble from such an attack.
-They can be destroyed by Replicator Disruptors, a specialized weapon built using Ancient technology. However, by the time RepliCarter controls them, they're immune to the standard version.
-They're not sentient.
-They're connected to each other through a hive-mind.

Human-Form Replicators
-They're made from neutronium, no exceptions.
-The can alter their shape like the T-1000 from Terminator 2.
-They absorb all ballistic weapons.
-They absorb all energy weapons, excepting the Replicator Disruptor variants.
-They can insert their hand into the skulls of humans (and maybe other races) and access any information the indivdual has, as well as cause hallucinations.
-They're sentient and see themselves as the greatest things ever.
-They are also connected through the hive-mind.

The thing that destroys them at the end is a giant Replicator Disruptor variant that they aren't yet immune to. They fire it through all the Stargates, reaching every part of the galaxy; thus wiping out all the Replicators at once.

Basically Replicators are like a child RPing with others, but constantly saying I'm immune to that.

puppyavenger
2008-01-24, 08:58 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replicator_%28Stargate%29

I'll go into a bit more detail.

Regular Replicators
-They're made from whatever materials are available to the replicators to make more from.
-They can spit a substance that dissolves anything (besides themselves it seems).
-They absorb almost all energy blasts.
-Any energy weapons that can damage, they will adapt an immunity to in a short time.
-They are self-energizing, meaning that they need no energy source, and violating the laws of thermodynamics.
-Ballastic weapons will shatter them, but they can sometimes reassemble from such an attack.
-They can be destroyed by Replicator Disruptors, a specialized weapon built using Ancient technology. However, by the time RepliCarter controls them, they're immune to the standard version.
-They're not sentient.
-They're connected to each other through a hive-mind.

Human-Form Replicators
-They're made from neutronium, no exceptions.
-The can alter their shape loike the T-1000 from Terminator 2.
-They absorb all ballistic weapons.
-They absorb all energy weapons, excepting the Replicator Disruptor variants.
-They can insert their hand into the skulls of humans (and maybe other races) and access any information the indivdual has, as well as cause hallucinations.
-They're sentient and see themselves as the greatest things ever.
-They are also connected through the hive-mind.

The thing that destroys them at the end is a giant Replicator Disruptor variant that they aren't yet immune to. They fire it through all the Stargates, reaching every part of the galaxy; thus wiping out all the Replicators at once.

Basically Replicators are like a child RPing with others, but constantly saying I'm immune to that.

Why iod they make humen forms, if they're not trying to infiltrate then the design is useless.
and congratulasion, you found some that guanting from orbit can't kill:smallsmile:

also the Tyranids cover a planet in lava.

Thangorodrim
2008-01-24, 08:59 PM
They totally ignore each other.

Callos_DeTerran
2008-01-24, 09:04 PM
They totally ignore each other.

Not at all. When their made out of such a successful substance such as that, their definitly not being ignored. However plasma is neither energy nor particularly adaptable to and the Tyranids are more then capable of using that in their weaponry. Hierophants in particular can cover a massive area with plasma due to their breath attack.

This is not considering a zoanthrope using psyker abilities on a replicator which I'm not sure if it'd work.

Ominous
2008-01-24, 09:04 PM
Why iod they make humen forms, if they're not trying to infiltrate then the design is useless.
and congratulasion, you found some that guanting from orbit can't kill:smallsmile:

1. They do use them to infiltrate.
2. They're humanoid design is based on the design of their creator, who was a humanoid android.

also the Tyranids cover a planet in lava.

I'm pretty sure that Asgard alloys could handle lava and neutronium absolutely can handle it.

Here's another source with more information: http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/races/links/replicators.shtml

Ominous
2008-01-24, 09:06 PM
Not at all. When their made out of such a successful substance such as that, their definitly not being ignored. However plasma is neither energy nor particularly adaptable to and the Tyranids are more then capable of using that in their weaponry. Hierophants in particular can cover a massive area with plasma due to their breath attack.

This is not considering a zoanthrope using psyker abilities on a replicator which I'm not sure if it'd work.

Actually, as long as you don't attack the replicators or try to stop them from replicating, they'll leave you alone. Unless there's a human-form controlling them directly, then you're pretty much screwed.

Again, Asgard alloys are probably going to handle plasma pretty well, and neutronium definitely will.

Callos_DeTerran
2008-01-24, 09:15 PM
Actually, as long as you don't attack the replicators or try to stop them from replicating, they'll leave you alone. Unless there's a human-form controlling them directly, then you're pretty much screwed.

Again, Asgard alloys are probably going to handle plasma pretty well, and neutronium definitely will.

I think the non-conflict is a non-issue since eventually the Tyranid will run out of bio-mass and the replicators will run out stuff to make more of themselves from and a conflict will become inevitable.

I also don't think neutronium is going to handle plasma well at all. From what wikipedia tells me, it's merely used to describe extremely dense metal and is found at the core of certain stars but it's hardly solid there meaning plasma IS hot enough to force it into a liquid state. More importantly once a Replicator is taken to a digestion pool, things will change very quickly. Whatever is in those pools looks like it can break down anything (Barring Necron 'necros dermis' which I don't think is ever told WHAT it's made out of. Considering neutronium IS known about in WH40K and they don't call Necron armor neutronium it's not that but harder). So a Replicator will break down in a digestion pool (given enough time) and after that Tyranid weapons, carapaces, things of that nature are going to start having neutronium in them since they do meld metal with their own mass in that way. When it's said a Carnifex's adamantine hard/sharp claws it means theres actual adamintine in them.

puppyavenger
2008-01-24, 09:16 PM
How focused is the Hive Mind, does it need the Mother replicaters to function?

Ominous
2008-01-24, 09:18 PM
How focused is the Hive Mind, does it need the Mother replicaters to function?

No. The hive mind cannot be disrupted, as a far can be told from the shows. It's not something they ever try.

EDIT: I take it back. It can be disrupted as that's how the replicator disruptor works. It breaks them down into their component parts and breaks down the link between them.

Concerning neutronium, neutronium is a sci-fi sounding name for a substance that many sci-fi shows use, and it's different in every show. In stargate, it's super-impervious stuff. In real life its actually a frictionless liquid.

puppyavenger
2008-01-24, 09:20 PM
No. The hive mind cannot be disrupted, as a far can be told from the shows. It's not something they ever try.

EDIT: I take it back. It can be disrupted as that's how the replicator disruptor works. It breaks them down into their component parts and breaks down the link between them.

okay, so who is PeliCarter?

Ominous
2008-01-24, 09:22 PM
okay, so who is PeliCarter?

I edited my post.

RepliCarter is a human-form replicator created in the image of Samantha Carter. The human-form known as "Fifth" was infatuated with Samantha Carter and created RepliCarter to be a partner with him. She ends up killing him for control of the Replicators. Basically replicators have a bunch of programming that dictates their actions, but a human-form can give commands that override the programming.

Callos_DeTerran
2008-01-24, 09:24 PM
Concerning neutronium, neutronium is a sci-fi sounding name for a substance that many sci-fi shows use, and it's different in every show. In stargate, it's super-impervious stuff. In real life its actually a frictionless liquid.

Aye, thats why I brought up adamantium since it has the same 'super-impervious' stuff it does for like...comic books and such. And that still gets digested pretty handily. It may take some time but I'm pretty sure a Replicator will break down in a digestion pool. At that point the Hive Mind will most assuredly begin producing Tyranid counter-measures for Replicators though god knows I have no idea what it would come up with.

puppyavenger
2008-01-24, 09:28 PM
I edited my post.

RepliCarter is a human-form replicator created in the image of Samantha Carter. The human-form known as "Fifth" was infatuated with Samantha Carter and created RepliCarter to be a partner with him. She ends up killing him for control of the Replicators. Basically replicators have a bunch of programming that dictates their actions, but a human-form can give commands that override the programming.

okay then, Carter, Prepare to be WArp-Blasted:smallamused:

Green Bean
2008-01-24, 09:33 PM
It should probably be noted that the Replicators have an advantage in that there's a lot more inorganic matter than there is biomass. The 'Nids would be outnumbered by someone other than the Orks for once. :smalltongue:

Callos_DeTerran
2008-01-24, 09:35 PM
It should probably be noted that the Replicators have an advantage in that there's a lot more inorganic matter than there is biomass. The 'Nids would be outnumbered by someone other than the Orks for once. :smalltongue:

Bah. The term bio-mass is by itself mis-leading. Theres plenty of non-biological stuff that fall underneath the term 'bio-mass'.

And nobody out numbers the Tyranids. NOBODY! *Foams at the mouths*

Emperor Tippy
2008-01-24, 11:10 PM
If you give the Replicators time they will.

Let's start with 1 replicator and assume it takes 1 hour for it to make another (an absurdly long time, its more like 1 minute).

Hour 1: 2 Replicators
Hour 2: 4 Replicators
Hour 3: 8 Replicators
Hour 4: 16 Replicators
Hour 5: 32 Replicators
Hour 6: 64 Replicators
Hour 7: 128 Replicators
Hour 8: 256 Replicators
Hour 9: 512 Replicators
Hour 10: 1024 Replicators
Hour 11: 2048 Replicators
Hour 12: 4096 Replicators
Hour 13: 8192 Replicators
Hour 14: 16384 Replicators
Hour 15: 32768 Replicators
Hour 16: 65536 Replicators
Hour 17: 131072 Replicators
Hour 18: 262144 Replicators
Hour 19: 524288 Replicators
Hour 20: 10448576 Replicators
Hour 21: 2097152 Replicators
Hour 22: 4194304 Replicators
Hour 23: 8388608 Replicators
Hour 24: 16777216 Replicators

And 24 hours after that their will be 2.8 x 10^14

Thats 1 Replicator dropped on an uninhabited world and given 2 days. Now imagine the same thing on a hundred thousand worlds. And unlike the Tyranids they eat everything.

So even if it took a thousand Replicators to kill a single Tyranid the Replicators would win because of sheer numbers.

King_of_GRiffins
2008-01-24, 11:18 PM
Hmm... I think the Tyranids would have an early advantage. Replicators have been proven breakable by ballistic weapons, and if the Tyranids use claws and such with as much strength as I can guess they'd have, they'll be smashing replicators without much of a problem unless they come across something harder than what their claws are made out of. Not all of the replicators are going to be made our of the Asgard Alloy if they choose to replicate beyond their starting fleet, so the odds of being smashed/sliced to bits are high. In fact, considering the way many of the bug-replicators fight, I think they'd be at a significant disadvantage fighting the Tyranids.

However, the replicators do have an ace; Human-shaped replicators. They don't even have to fight, they simply have to think and they'll win. Simply putting their minds (or CPU's?) to it, they'll be able to plow through all of their knowledge of things (at least on or just below Asgard level), analyze all of their options, and pick the best fit to take care of all the Tyranids, such as a custom virus with a high mutation rate, or simply blow up/glass every planet with a Tyranid on it like in 40k. Destroying planets doesn't really harm the replicators, since they can still harvest the materials, but I'm sure the Tyranids will have a much harder time of it. Hell, the replicators might just blow up the suns in question AFTER glassing AND blowing up the planet just to make sure.

I'd say that after a campaign of eliminating every possible venue for the Tyranids to reproduce, and an unlimited amount of vigilance in doing so, the Replicators would win in the end.

Ominous
2008-01-24, 11:24 PM
Considering their mastery of technology and science and having Asgard technology, they could probably use black holes against the Tyranids, like the Asgard tried to use against the Replicators.

I really don't like including Replicators after they've become immune to the replicator disruptor in any versus thread, because they are an instant "I win!" button for anything that doesn't have some sort of psychic, magical, or Q-like power.

King_of_GRiffins
2008-01-24, 11:44 PM
Considering their mastery of technology and science and having Asgard technology, they could probably use black holes against the Tyranids, like the Asgard tried to use against the Replicators.

I really don't like including Replicators after they've become immune to the replicator disruptor in any versus thread, because they are an instant "I win!" button for anything that doesn't have some sort of psychic, magical, or Q-like power.

I'm sure if they had enough really big suns they could, but not all of them are candidates for blackholes. A simple supernova should do just as well.

Replicators do have the one weakness, that being that hard materials are brittle to some extent, and that if enough kinetic force is applied, they'll break. Hands down, Tyranids will win every battle against the Replicator forces. Given enough time, I'm reasonably sure (since I don't really know much about Tyranids) that the Tyranids will concoct every solution they need to win in a head on battle. This, however, is a war between species, are they simply can't win this one without any equally far-seeing, patient and intelligent being guiding them.

Callos_DeTerran
2008-01-24, 11:49 PM
Thats 1 Replicator dropped on an uninhabited world and given 2 days. Now imagine the same thing on a hundred thousand worlds. And unlike the Tyranids they eat everything.

You mean when their done that the Replicators don't leave anything behind? Not even a planet? Either you mean they don't leave any usable materials behind or the Replicators are inefficient for wasting time converting lesser materials into Replicators while Tyranids will only strip everything of use before moving on.

Ominous
2008-01-24, 11:58 PM
You mean when their done that the Replicators don't leave anything behind? Not even a planet? Either you mean they don't leave any usable materials behind or the Replicators are inefficient for wasting time converting lesser materials into Replicators while Tyranids will only strip everything of use before moving on.

In the series they completely consumed the entire crust of one planet, turning the crust into layers of replicator blocks sitting on top of one another. The entire planet was a vast plain with a single structure (made of replicator blocks) for the human-forms to talk to the humans in.

I disagree King of Griffins. The Tyranids may be able to take on the normal replicators, but I don't see them beating the human-forms, unless they grab and toss them into a black hole or a star, before they disassemble and reassemble.

Callos_DeTerran
2008-01-25, 12:05 AM
In the series they completely consumed the entire crust of one planet, turning the crust into layers of replicator blocks sitting on top of one another. The entire planet was a vast plain with a single structure (made of replicator blocks) for the human-forms to talk to the humans in.

In all seriousness was this a one-time incident or the norm for what they do?

FYI, the 'nids do have psychic power and lots of in the form of their psykers and even the Hive Mind itself (which definitly should not be taken lightly though it doesn't take action itself, as far as I know)

King_of_GRiffins
2008-01-25, 12:07 AM
I disagree King of Griffins. The Tyranids may be able to take on the normal replicators, but I don't see them beating the human-forms, unless they grab and toss them into a black hole or a star, before they disassemble and reassemble.

Well, true, though I don't think the humans-form replicators would really see a reason to fight personally, and would probably stay well away from the battle. I don't recall any of them actually fighting unless they were found by SG-1. They could make a human-form army of some size within a time period, but why when there are more efficient methods?

Ominous
2008-01-25, 12:14 AM

We don't know. The replicators are the Borg (Next Generation not the crappy Voyager Borg) of the Stargate universe, the race of beings that will utterly destroy us if they decide to, but they're too busy with other stuff for that. They only appear in a few episodes.

I'd say they do it to every planet given the chance. This planet was special in that there was a device there that sped up time by a very considerable amount, so it could have been the first planet to be completely consumed. There main priority is to replicate, so I would say that every planet can expect the same fate.

FYI, the 'nids do have psychic power and lots of in the form of their psykers and even the Hive Mind itself (which definitly should not be taken lightly though it doesn't take action itself, as far as I know)

If they can rip atoms apart, then they can destroy the human-forms. At least until they adapt and become immune to the psychic energy. Then that strategy won't work anymore.

King_of_GRiffins
2008-01-25, 12:19 AM
If they can rip atoms apart, then they can destroy the human-forms. At least until they adapt and become immune to the psychic energy. Then that strategy won't work anymore.

I think if ripping apart atoms counts under kinetic activity, and whatever psychic power directly does this, then I think the Tyranids might have a chance at fighting of Human-forms replicators without dealing with an additional immunity. That is, unless, replicators suddenly become immune to kinetic energy, in which case all beings are there-by screwed.

Emperor Tippy
2008-01-25, 12:20 AM

It was only shown to happen once in the show. But the replicators were shown to be pretty much unlimited in number. And it didn't take them that long from their perspective IIRC.

Talkkno
2008-01-25, 12:20 AM

No limits fallacy. :smallmad:

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2008-01-25, 12:21 AM
So it's essentially the Greatest Arms Race in the History of Everything?

Boring to watch, fun to think about. Eventually, though, the 'Nids would likely eventually reach the stage at which they sacrifice their basic functions for the ultimate Anti-Replicator Weapons. The Replicators, throughout this, would likely just make tiny tweaks that help against the Tyranid advances (until the UARWs appear, at which point the 'Nids' whole purpose becomes gunning down Replicators) and continuing to replicate.

Replicators win the battle of attrition when the Tyranids forget how to do the things they did before making their original evolutionary advances.

Ominous
2008-01-25, 12:29 AM
I think if ripping apart atoms counts under kinetic activity, and whatever psychic power directly does this, then I think the Tyranids might have a chance at fighting of Human-forms replicators without dealing with an additional immunity. That is, unless, replicators suddenly become immune to kinetic energy, in which case all beings are there-by screwed.

I'm going by the fact that ripping their atoms apart is exactly what the Dakara Superweapon did to them. Remember it was originally designed to destroy the entire galaxy and rebuild it by ripping the atoms of the galaxy apart. They were afraid that if they didn't hit all of the Replicators at once, the Replicator would become immune to it, and they'd be royally screwed.

As far as kinetic energy goes, human-forms absorb bullets completely and that's kinetic energy.

No limits fallacy. :smallmad:

And? I'm not nor ever was a writer for Stargate. Blame them that, by the end, the Replicators were ridiculous.

Emperor Tippy
2008-01-25, 12:51 AM
Yeah, the replicators were outrageous in their power.

Actually, if most of the upper end Stargate races got a halfway competent person (or plot restrictions were removed) they would rape the entire warhammer universe easily.

You think that replicators eating planets is bad, what about hand held devices that can (at half power) destroy everything in the Sol system. Or time dilation to the point where my planet can experience 10,000 years while the rest of the universe experiences a second.

And thats not even putting Time Dilation on ships. Imagine a ship that can experiences a year for every second that passes to the rest of the universe. It could fly right up next to an enemy vessel, fire a couple thousand times, and then repeat the process to every ship in the attacking fleet.

The power level of the Stargate Universe is outrageous (earth ships taking coronal mass ejections and surviving).

Ominous
2008-01-25, 01:27 AM
They suffered anime syndrome. They had to constantly ramp up the power level to outdo what they did before. 4 man teams taking on entire ship fulls of replicators, causing a star to go supernova, blowing up an entire star system, causing a planet to have a reaction inside its core that'll blow up the planet, etc. is what the humans from modern day Earth manage. In the end, the final enemy, the Ori, was just plain stupid in how overpowered they were.

We should have a versus thread where the Space Marines take on Kull Warriors.

Emperor Tippy
2008-01-25, 01:35 AM
The Kull Warriors would most likely win. Although that would at least be interesting.

Ominous
2008-01-25, 02:05 AM
The Kull Warriors would most likely win. Although that would at least be interesting.

I'm hesitant to call it in the Kull Warriors' favor, but it would be an interesting battle.

I think the Necrons are closer to the Replicators in power than the Tyranids are.

Emperor Tippy
2008-01-25, 02:09 AM
I'm hesitant to call it in the Kull Warriors' favor, but it would be an interesting battle.

I think the Necrons are closer to the Replicators in power than the Tyranids are.

Yeah. I'm leaning towards the Kull warriors but I could go either way. I mean Kinetic stuff can hurt Kull Warriors and the Space Marines have bolter's.

I don't know that much about the Necrons but from what I do know I would say your right.

Eita
2008-01-25, 02:57 AM
I think the non-conflict is a non-issue since eventually the Tyranid will run out of bio-mass and the replicators will run out stuff to make more of themselves from and a conflict will become inevitable.

I also don't think neutronium is going to handle plasma well at all. From what wikipedia tells me, it's merely used to describe extremely dense metal and is found at the core of certain stars but it's hardly solid there meaning plasma IS hot enough to force it into a liquid state. More importantly once a Replicator is taken to a digestion pool, things will change very quickly. Whatever is in those pools looks like it can break down anything (Barring Necron 'necros dermis' which I don't think is ever told WHAT it's made out of. Considering neutronium IS known about in WH40K and they don't call Necron armor neutronium it's not that but harder). So a Replicator will break down in a digestion pool (given enough time) and after that Tyranid weapons, carapaces, things of that nature are going to start having neutronium in them since they do meld metal with their own mass in that way. When it's said a Carnifex's adamantine hard/sharp claws it means theres actual adamintine in them.

Necrontyr, living metal.

Green Bean
2008-01-25, 09:41 AM
And nobody out numbers the Tyranids. NOBODY! *Foams at the mouths*

Orks do. :smalltongue:

TK-Squared
2008-01-25, 09:59 AM
Dammit, I was going to mention Necrons.

Basically, the Necron's basic weapon rips molecules and atoms from its opponents and vaporizes them. Much like this Superweapon that was previously mentioned.

Except Basic Warriors get it.

lipe44
2008-01-25, 10:59 AM
Dammit, I was going to mention Necrons.

Basically, the Necron's basic weapon rips molecules and atoms from its opponents and vaporizes them. Much like this Superweapon that was previously mentioned.

Except Basic Warriors get it.

Well, the SuperWeapon can be used in a whole galaxy so... Also after 1 hit they will become immune as its showed...

puppyavenger
2008-01-25, 11:17 AM

Realy? the Tyranids have speicvisised creatures to broe into the Mantle so the Hive Ships can consume all the nutrients and minerals in it.,

TK-Squared
2008-01-25, 11:47 AM
Well, the SuperWeapon can be used in a whole galaxy so... Also after 1 hit they will become immune as its showed...

You can't adapt if there's nothing of you left.

lipe44
2008-01-25, 11:56 AM

The ones who get hit will die but the others will adapt. Its showed at one episode that the Asgard use a replicator to see how they got immune to the disruptor weapon, they used it into a Gou'ld mothership and it worked, few seconds later another ship appeared and the new weapon didnt worked.

Ominous
2008-01-25, 02:32 PM

You have to kill all the Replicators in one go, because after you kill a few of them, the others will have adapted.

Ominous
2008-01-25, 02:35 PM
The ones who get hit will die but the others will adapt. Its showed at one episode that the Asgard use a replicator to see how they got immune to the disruptor weapon, they used it into a Gou'ld mothership and it worked, few seconds later another ship appeared and the new weapon didnt worked.

This post is a tad hard to read, so let me rewrite it.

The Asgard fired a disruptor variant at a ship full of replicators, destroying them. A few seconds later another ship full of replicators appeared, and the weapon no longer worked.