PDA

View Full Version : What is the coolest weapon you found that was rolled.

ReluctantReaper
2008-01-24, 04:39 PM
For me I would have to say a +2 Dwarven waraxe I found yesterday. It does 2d6 flaming damage, and it happens to be intelligent, so its scores are Wis 17 Int 20 Cha 11. It allows me to do haste 1 time per day and bulls str 1 time per day. It gives me free use of mobility, combat reflexs, and happens to do 3d6+10 to any caster it hits, and they have to roll a Dc 15 to not automaticlly die. It also hates all magic users, and has changed my CG fighter whose original goal was to be the best fighter in the land, to a CE Warlord who is going to start a campaign to destroy all magic in the east, and then after that for a while, he is going to collect the rest of the set.

Also at level 5 he killed 4 wizards, one being around 8th level, and a two PC's who got in the Axe's way while it was dominating him...except the second one was pure him. So now he is with the last player who has died like 3 times and is a Raviging Mauler or whatever.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-01-24, 04:43 PM
A shining and flaming pogostick sword made out of icecream and cookies.
And I have actually used it multiple times as homebrew in 3.5.

Rolaran
2008-01-24, 05:17 PM
Well, once found a sword with Cleaving (meaning if you drop an opponent, you get a free Cleave even without the feat) and Finisher (a homebrew ability where you roll 1d10 after a successful hit, and if that's more than the target's remaining hp they are reduced to -1 automatically). So essentially, it delivered a lot of killing blows, only to slash through to another opponent. Very cool.

Worira
2008-01-24, 06:08 PM
"that was rolled"? What are you talking about? You can't mean generated randomly, because the weapon you described is homebrewed all to hell.

Irreverent Fool
2008-01-24, 06:28 PM
"that was rolled"? What are you talking about? You can't mean generated randomly, because the weapon you described is homebrewed all to hell.

You're saying DMs can't add homebrewed qualities to the table?

Jack_Simth
2008-01-24, 06:31 PM
Not sure about weapons, but I once rolled some +5 Shadow Silent Moves Fullplate on a CR 10 encounter. That was amusing.

Yami
2008-01-24, 06:58 PM
A dagger. Tiny little d4 damage, some +4 in bonuses thanks to lucky rolling. (Sorry, was ages ago, I forgot what specific bonuses, but I know one was one of the elemental ones.)

The party really didn't want to sell it since it seemed such a waste, but no one ended up using it because the base damage was so low. Best Item I think I've ever given em.

Goats_o_Mjolnir
2008-01-24, 07:03 PM
A light grenade from the movie Mom and Dad save the World(or earth/univerese, cant recall)

Chronos
2008-01-24, 08:48 PM
Back in 2nd edition, the DM rolled a few 00s in a row on a treasure table, and my fighter (level 6 at the time) ended up with an intelligent longsword +4, with speech, empathy, and Locate Object and Detect Magic at will. The alignment was even reasonably close to the character's: CN for the sword, TN for the character.

Hawriel
2008-01-24, 11:05 PM
also back in 2nd ed many many moons ago.

I was playing my second character a wood elf ranger. we discovered the toom of an elf king. The very first magic item I hot with that character rolled out to be a +4 Defender, Bastard sword. That weapon and his second magic item ever found in the next adventure was a handy haversack. then +3 studded leather. Thats it I was set for life.

Last party I played with we killed an epic dragon. To save time I rolled up the treaser as the GM set up the next part of the dungeon. First thing I roll up was a holy avenger. To bad the paladin was killed alwile ago.

Xuincherguixe
2008-01-24, 11:21 PM
None of the really cool stuff is likely to be rolled. I've got a few ideas for artifacts though. Like a scythe that absorbs light, every so often mouthes full of fangs apear over it. It's a major artifact of a Demon God who's a black hole.

A +3 flaming longsword of Ninja Looting can hardly compare to that.

nivek1234
2008-01-24, 11:27 PM
A giant comb +1. Well, it wasn't +1 at the time. We salvaged it off a giant. Then my DM made the mistake of saying that it had a +1 enchantment (in order to actually get through the giant's hair) and dealt 1d10 of damage. It was a good thing that I already had weapon specialization: halberd. Otherwise, I would have been using it throughout most of the campaign.

Nebo_
2008-01-24, 11:45 PM
It wasn't randomly rolled, but I found a +4 Keen Vicious Ghost Touch Disrupting Foebane Exceptional Onyx Halberd that doubles my natural healing, negates the need for food, water and air and lets me make an attack roll in place of a saving throw. Oh, and it's horribly, horribly cursed. It's an artifact, btw.

TheThan
2008-01-25, 12:10 AM
How about a +1 merciful sap

Seriously I rolled it up for the party yesterday. The party rogue is going to get a kick out of it (even though he’s evil aligned).

Idea Man
2008-01-25, 01:04 AM
My favorite was a dagger of chaos, a cursed +5 weapon that polymorphs the user after each blow. If the new form cannot use a weapon, its primary weapon takes on a silvery sheen, and counts as the dagger. Eventually, the character had to ask the party to take hits so he could change back into something he could sleep as. I was not forgiving (aboleths and orca are aquatic, after all), but it was fun. :smallbiggrin:

Khanderas
2008-01-25, 03:37 AM
My favorite was a dagger of chaos, a cursed +5 weapon that polymorphs the user after each blow. If the new form cannot use a weapon, its primary weapon takes on a silvery sheen, and counts as the dagger. Eventually, the character had to ask the party to take hits so he could change back into something he could sleep as. I was not forgiving (aboleths and orca are aquatic, after all), but it was fun. :smallbiggrin:
That is awesome. I like magic equipment where magic isn't a 100% science and powerful magic can have nasty setbacks... or the Wizard bungled (possibly due to being drunk). +5 dagger ? super, but sometimes that +2 is the better choice (say like assassinations or other sneakyness. Hard to be sneaky as a flopping fish).

You're saying DMs can't add homebrewed qualities to the table?
The point is that the item was not rolled up (see title of the thread).

shaggz076
2008-01-25, 03:11 PM
Way back in second Ed I had played a Minotar Ranger that ran around with 2 great Scimitars. We came across a pair of boots that read as Boots of Striding and springing. They ended up being cursed boots of stomping and smashing. The effects were the same as Boots of Striding and springing except if you ran it would cause a horrible caccaphony like a herd or animals. The D&M was a little suprised at first when I was "Oh yeah! These are awesome!" When questioned about why I was happy with it all I could say was "dude, i'm a 7'6" Minotaur! These will scare the S#!t out of anyone I charge.

Telonius
2008-01-25, 03:37 PM
Way back in second Ed I had played a Minotar Ranger that ran around with 2 great Scimitars. We came across a pair of boots that read as Boots of Striding and springing. They ended up being cursed boots of stomping and smashing. The effects were the same as Boots of Striding and springing except if you ran it would cause a horrible caccaphony like a herd or animals. The D&M was a little suprised at first when I was "Oh yeah! These are awesome!" When questioned about why I was happy with it all I could say was "dude, i'm a 7'6" Minotaur! These will scare the S#!t out of anyone I charge.

Awesome. Follow that up with some Illusion spells, and you'll have some seriously panicked enemies! :smallbiggrin:

shaggz076
2008-01-25, 04:04 PM
I remember one time we were fighting a group of skeletons at teh mouth of a cavern and we had killed all but one. We had really bad damage rolls on the poor thing and it lost it's lower jaw and one arm. Well uncharacteristically the thing turns and runs from us so I go stompin off after it. It's going fast enough to keep out of my reach (How I don't know except as flavor for the chase) It rounds a bend and I follow coming nose to nose with an ogre that was planning on ambushing me. Well I had come around so fast the DM made us both roll to see if we were suprised and we both failed so we supprise each other and end up resolving the encounter with initiative. It wins and he rolls to attack fumbling. With just a small break in stride I make my 3 attacks on the Ogre and down it goes and I continued on after the Skeleton. It got to a point where a lava flow ran across the path so it stops and turns, see me looks back at the lava flow and leaps in perfering to die by it than by me.

Oeryn
2008-01-25, 04:20 PM
Back in 1st Edition, our DM rolled that our 2nd level characters found the Wand of Orcus in a random set of orc caves. He immediately started to re-roll, but we convinced him to let us keep it. We thought we were cool enough to handle whatever came to get it back.

Long story short? We weren't.