PDA

View Full Version : Alien Invasion: Colony Ship Group



DungeonMaster77
2008-01-25, 03:46 AM
"All hands, to battle stations. All hands to battle stations," blared the intercomm. The M.L.B.H Fleet Carrier "Hope" recalled as many of the unltralight fighters as it could. The M.L.B.H. Colony Ship "New Earth" was under attack by enemy fighters, and needed assistance. Together, the two ships engaged their induction drives, knowing that the enemy would be hardpressed to give chase. Just as the last enemy fighter was destroyed, but before the Craeon Armada realized what was happening, both ships engaged their hyperdrives, in search of allies to help in the fight for their planet and lives.

History had told us that there were potential planets that could support life similar to that of Earth. The course plotted was to take you all straight there, but something happened. The sensors detected a structure in their way. The ships stopped only to find that floating before them was a massive spacestation. It was spherical in the center, with 4 branches coming out like spokes, connecting to a large ring. The station must be at least 2 miles in diameter, and roughly 6 1/4 miles around at its widest. You see no windows, and no distinct markings. Scans do pick up 4 docking ports, all at the end of one of the 4 branches on the outside of the outer ring. Knowing that you are now thousands of miles from Earth, and that there was never any record of any kind of deepspace vehicals outside of the Voyager probes, and surely nothing this large. Even stranger is the absence of any planetary bodies. There isn't even a solar system within hundreds of thousands of miles.

The captain called out to your explorer crew.

"Our sensors and analasys tell us that it's not human made, and more importantly, advanced in technology. We can't seem to tell if there are any lifeforms onboard or not. This is where you come in. You are to take the "Explorer" and check it out. Now, since we no longer have Earth to supply us, we are limited on what we can supply you all with. As it is, as a precaution, I have already ordered rationing of food, though thankfully all of the spacecraft run on induction engines, so we don't have to worry about fuel. The engines also produce enough extra energy to power the batteries of the ground vehicals that run in the cargo bays, so that is less we must worry about. We have plenty of ship ordinance to last us any kind of battle that we have a hope of winning. Our largest hope, other than accomplishing our primary mission directive, of course, is finding any kind of alien technology that will assist us in furthering our primary objective. That all said, I am leaving you to your own devices, with a modest rationing of weapons. Again, due to the space program getting the almost exclusive use of energy weapons, powered by powerpacks, which we can recharge. The only catch is that we cannot afford to either lose or have destroyed any of our weapons. We have few people that have the capability to fix or construct new ones. We do have some "traditional" weapons as well, but don't have an unlimited amount of ammunition, so if you chose to use those weapons, keep this in mind. In case you hadn't seen it, the "Explorer" is a prototype scout ship, called a Ranger-Class scout ship. It's pretty advanced, even compared to this ship, so try to keep it in one piece. Get to the armory, get your gear, and get to that space station. Dismissed."

Heading to the armory, you meet with Petty Officer Kinto, formerly from Japan. He gets you all outfitted.

You all get the following gear (some have choices, so pick one if it has an or next to it. Keep in mind encumbrance and required feats):
Light Weapon: Laser Pistol or Baretta 92F
Heavy Weapon: Laser Rifle or Laser Sniper Rifle or Tangler Gun and shoulderstrap
Ammo: 2 powerpacks and/or 2 magazines per weapon (i.e. if I got the Baretta 92F and a Laser rifle, I'd get 2 powerpacks and 2 magazines, but if I got a Laserpistol and a laser rifle, I'd get 4 powerpacks)
Grenade: Concussion Grenade x4 or EMP Grenade x2 or Smoke Grenade x4 or thermite grenade x1 or Tangler Grenade x2
Melee Weapon: Knife or metal baton or stun baton
Armor: Scout armor or Light Combat Armor
Random Gear: (take all or none of any of these, but remember: Encumbrance and a way to carry stuff)
Range Pack
Portable Radio Earpiece
Computer Card
Spray on LCD
UNICOM
Sonsor, Motion
Sensor, GeoComp
Sensor, Chemicomp
Walkie Talkie
Night Vision Goggles
Demolitions Kit
Duct Tape
Electrical Tool kit (basic or deluxe)
First Aid Kit
Steel Handcuffs
Instrument, wind or string
Intellipicks
Flash-seal
Fusion Torch
Portable Glowlamp
Mechanical tool kit (basic or deluxe)
Medical kit
Medkit Advanced
Multipurpose tool
Solvaway
Antitox
surgery kit
binoculars (standard only)
chem light sticks (any amount you want to carry)
climbing gear
compass
flashlight (penlight or standard)
GPS receiver
Mesh Vest
Duracable
Sleeping Bag
MRE's (Military Meals Ready to Eat)
Laser sight
Scope (standard only)

You are all a little nervous, having been selected as the Captain's go-to team, getting choice equipment, and getting to fly a prototype scout ship. If the seriousness of your ship's and planet's situation wasn't so prevalent, you'd probably think that this whole thing was really cool.

We begin our story and your adventure with you having successfully managed to fly the ship out of the bay, and towards the strange space station. You pull up to the docking port without incident. A small remote controlled robot is let up to the door, which opens when presented with magnetic fields. The sensors on it reported that the air beyond was breathable, filled with a mix of oxygen and nitrogen, very similar to the mix that you breath on the ship and on Earth. The cooridor in front of you is 10' wide, and goes on for over 50', which is as far as the light behind you in the ship goes. The cooridor is smooth metal, without seams or weld-points, all the way around. At the end of the light, you think that you may see an intersection, but you'd have to get closer with a lightsource to be sure.

OOC: Everybody roll a spotcheck and listen check. Check the following spoiler for the posting format I'd like:


Your Name at the Top in Bold

"Pick a color to speak in!" says the GM. Regular text needs to be black.

Dice rolls need to go into spoilers.


Dice rolls here! [roll0]
Make sure that if you choose to use an action point, you need to use it before I declare the results of the roll. This and the confirmation of critical hits are the exception to the double post rule, so don't hesitate to doublepost to confirm or use an action point!

SithLackey
2008-01-25, 09:58 AM
X2G-32

As 32 exits the ship, he checks his equipment again, and mentally goes over the locations of everything he took from the armory. His pistol is already out, and he sweeps the room carefully. Once reasonably sure the room is clear, he moves to the corridor, positioning himself just at the corner, already picking out the most advantageous spot to be in case of combat. "This looks like the only way in. I can't see too far, but it looks like there's an intersection."

At first glance, the team member introduced to you as Moreau X2G-32 appeared to be a giant rat standing upright on its hind legs. A second look confirmed this to be exactly the case. He has light brown fur, long narrow feet, big eyes, and small pointed ears to go with his elogated snout. When in the presence of his officers he carries himself with stiff military decorum, but once out of their sight he relaxes, taking the graceful stance one might expect of a gymnast.

[roll0]
[roll1]
Character sheet is updated with the requisitioned equipment. Let's get this show on the road!

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-25, 09:14 PM
For 32:

You can see further, and see that there is, indeed an intersection. The coorridors that come off of it, a 4-way intersection, all of the cooridors are 10' wide, and the 'corners' are rounded. Past the intersection, 10' beyond, you see a closed portal. It could be a door as there is a kind of frame and a subdued 'door,' but you see no seams that would separate the door from the frame.

For Everyone Else:

You don't notice anything of note. You don't hear any kind of sound other than that of your ship behind you.

Voth
2008-01-26, 01:13 AM
Valzoa Umbra

Following his fellow team members, Valzoa Umbra files in towards the middle of the group, rifle raised. "If I get to see any action so be it but I would prefer to examine this ship." Valzoa whispers to himself in a calm manner.

Listen:[roll0] Spot:[roll1]

Trulhammaren
2008-01-27, 09:20 PM
Amethyst Ivory

Tailing the rest of the expedition crew, Amethyst keeps her ears open for anything unusual, but her eyes are glued to the Geocomp and Chemicomp sensors in her hands.

First things first...data. Anything that may be useful to us. Amy thought to herself as she scanned the walls and surrounding air of the spacecraft for anything that might be harmful or useful, anything at all. Hmmm......

Listen: [roll0]
Search with Geocomp: [roll1]
Search with Chemicomp: [roll2]

Gnarnia
2008-01-27, 11:48 PM
Cameron Blackwell

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/776/cameronblackwellkp8.jpg

"One small step for man..." Cameron says, without finishing the rest of the expression, as he steps out of the ship and into the tunnel.

There's a sound similar to the quiet, high-pitched whine of a camera flash as he switches on his nightvision goggles, peering into the murky darkness of the corridor.

A laser pistol is holstered at his side, but he seems more focused on adjusting the goggles at the moment than arming himself, following 32 up towards the corridor.

Khelendros
2008-01-28, 05:27 PM
Terran Highwind

Pulling out 4 radio ear pieces along with his Lazer Rifle and scope. 32 come back please and put on this com link if you don't already have one.Handing an ear piece to everyone who doesn't have one and synchronizing themThis is a foreign ship that we have no clue about. Lets take a moment to active all our sensors, motion, GeoComp, Chemicomp, take the scans and then move in. I don't mean to be over cautious but we have no information about this and size of the hallway has me worried.

SithLackey
2008-01-28, 05:45 PM
X2G-32

"You should be able to reach me on my UNICOM. And I'd rather leave the scanners to you. This place makes me nervous." 32 taps the tiny earpiece he already has in and peers down the hallway again. "Yep, definitely an intersection. There's also a door, or at least it looks like one. It's recessed, but there's no seams." He pauses, waiting long enough to make sure one of the others hasn'e picked up anything on the scanners, and then slides his own night vision goggles up to his face and activates them. Then he walks slowly down the side of hallway until he can see around the corner on the other side.

The description of a UNICOM is pretty vague, but it seems like it would come with some kind of headgear, and you'd be able to reach 32. Also, because there's no reason not to; [roll0]

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-28, 11:10 PM
Checking the scans, you notice that they come up with nothing of note on the scanners, other than the aformentioned mix of oxygen and nitrogen present in the atmosphere of Earth. After proceding further, light seems to come from nowhere, like the walls, floor, and ceiling, but no obvious lightsource. It is as if the strange metal the cooridor is made of suddenly became luminescent.

((OOC: I know it isn't perfect, but I don't have access to my drawing tools. Here's an ASCII map.))

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH$$HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHXXHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHXXHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH
HHHHHHHHH$XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX$HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH
HHHHHHHHH$XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX$HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHXXHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHXXHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHXXHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHXXHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHXXHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHXXHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHXXHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHXSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHKGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHTVHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH
----------------------------/===\---------------------------------
/\
||
||
||
NORTH THAT WAY

NOTE: MAP NOT EXACTLY TO SCALE, BUT ONE LETTER/CHARACTER=5'

LEGEND:
HHH = WALLS
XXX = UNOCCUPIED SPACE/HALLWAY
$$ = STRANGE DOORS
--------/===\------- = YOUR SHIP/DOCKING BAY
K = KHEL
T = TRUL
G = GNARNIA
S = SITHLACKY
V = VOTH

Positions were assumed based on text since no marching order was given.

Voth:

You thought you saw something dissappear around the corner to your left before the lights came on, but you aren't sure.

Voth
2008-01-28, 11:25 PM
Valzoa

"Did anyone else just see that?" Valzoa says in a startled voice. "I could have sworn I just saw something move down to the left. Is anyone picking anything up on motion?"

Drawing his gun, Valzoa proceeds cautiously after the group.

Move Silently[roll0] Listen[roll1] Spot[roll2]

SithLackey
2008-01-29, 07:12 AM
X2G-32

Seeing the walls begin to glow, 32 slips his night-vision goggles back down, making sure they're switched off, and continues slowly down the hall to the intersection, where he peers around the corners, ready for any sign of trouble.

[roll0]
Ready an action to shoot at the source of any obviously hostile creature.

Gnarnia
2008-01-29, 07:59 AM
Cameron Blackwell

"I didn't see anything, but it's not like these goggles give the best field of view" Cameron says to Valzoa as he takes them back off.

"But listen, first impressions are everything. We're in someone else's space station right now... can we stow the pistols and rifles for the time being? We already have one technologically advanced alien race bent on the destruction of all humanity... I don't want to weigh our fates if we bump that up to two ;)"

Khelendros
2008-01-29, 11:15 AM
Moving somewhat to the back and keeping an awareness out for danger, Terran sneaks behind keeping as quiet as possible and making sure to not only keep and eye on the sensors but and eye out for the surroundings. Maybe we can find a computer terminal that would give us star maps and even a Xeneology on other cultures.

Voth
2008-01-29, 04:00 PM
Valzoa

Holstering his pistol, Valzoa scans the hallway once more before giving a sigh of defeat. "I could have sworn... Ah well." he mumbles under his breath before falling back into position.

SithLackey
2008-01-29, 05:54 PM
X2G-32

32 obediently holsters the pistol, but his thoughts give a different message. And we also don't know what's on this station. If it's Craeons, I'd hate to meet them with my pants down. As the group nears the corner, 32 begins to fidget uncomfortably in the absence of a weapon.

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-30, 12:36 AM
Khel:

Please don't forget to put your character name in bold at the top!

OOC: I'm assuming that you all are proceding to the end of the hall, to the intersection:

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓$-$▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓$░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░$▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓$░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░$▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓[]$▓▓▓$$▓▓▓S░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓K-G▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓T-V▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
--------------------------------------/===\-------------------------

░=FLOOR
▓=WALL
$$=DOOR

MAP KIND OF SORT OF TO SCALE. ▓=5'

Moving to the end of the hallway, you notice that the intersection doesn't have any real "corners" per se. All of the walls round off when it turns. All of the walls are perfectly symetric.

32:

When you peek around the corner, you notice that the hall to the left has 2 more doors that both go south, and the door to the farthest south and west is partially open. Though you don't hear anything, you see it opening and shutting over and over again. It is almost like liquid metal, spreading from the frame and then opening again. You see a small box-like object in the middle of the doorframe.

Voth
2008-01-30, 02:22 AM
Valzoa

Looking up and down the corridor, Valzoa scans it for any signs of movement. Hand hovering over his pistol, Valzoa speaks softly."Is it just me or is anyone else starting to get weirded out by this place." Looking back over his shoulder to make sure they aren't be followed he adds, "Shouldn't their be someone around here?" Turning to Amethyst, Valzoa whispers. "Are you sure your not getting anything on motion?"

Spot Check [roll0]
Listen Check [roll1]

SithLackey
2008-01-30, 07:02 AM
X2G-32

"Interesting. There's a few more doors down this hallway, and there's something in one of them. It looks like the door's made of... Liquid metal." 32 tries to look closer at the object in the door.

[roll0]

Khelendros
2008-01-30, 08:07 PM
Terran

Liquid Door? Is your motion sensor picking up it's movement?

SithLackey
2008-01-30, 08:15 PM
X2G-32

"No, I can see it. There's something in the door, so it keeps opening and closing. It's... Smooth, though. There doesn't seem to be any mechanism at work."

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-30, 10:59 PM
Map Update:

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓$-$▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓^▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓$░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░$▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓$ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞSΞΞΞΞΞ$▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓^▓▓[]$▓▓▓$$▓▓▓K-G▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓T-V▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
--------------------------------------/===\-------------------------

^=grate in the floor
Ξ=mucus trail

None of you hear anything, and nothing is showing on the motion detector. Now that you are closer to the corner, you notice a trail of some kind of slime or mucus on the floor, leading from your right, and heading off to your left to what you can now see are two grates on the north and south wall of the far west hallway.

Gnarnia
2008-01-31, 02:33 PM
Cameron Blackwell

"Let's hope we don't have to find out what made that", Cameron says, gesturing towards the slime trail. "Might as well take a look around."

With that, he walks down the left hallway and towards the first door (the one that's not opening and closing).

If it doesn't open at his approach, he'll listen at the door for any sounds on the other side.

Voth
2008-01-31, 06:59 PM
Valzoa Umbra

Taking a moment to stare blankly at the slime trail, Valzoa quickly looks around and then follows after Cameron. "I've got your back." He whispers quietly to Cameron, his hand hovering over his holstered laser pistol.

Spot Check [roll]1d20+3[roll]

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-31, 08:53 PM
Map Update:

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓$-$▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓^▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓$░░░░░░░░V░░░░░░░$▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓$ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞGΞΞΞΞSΞΞΞΞΞ$▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓^▓▓[]$▓▓▓--▓▓▓K-░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░▓T-░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░||░░▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░||░░▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░||░░▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░||░░▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░||░░▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░||░░▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
--------------------------------------/===\-------------------------

As Cameron walks towards the southeastern door, he notices that to get to the door, he almost had to step into the mucus trail. He notices that it is very fresh. Walking up to the door, he notices that it doesn't respond to his proximity, however, when he puts his ear to the door to listen, the door 'spreads' to the doorway, revealing a room beyond. In the room, you notice a narrow 'hallway' down the center of the room to the far wall. The 'hallway' walls are made of what look like a clear greenish-blue crystal. It is completely transparent from the east side of the room to the west. The room was originally dark when the door 'opened,' but the luminescence from the walls in the outer hallway spreads to this room as well. It is then you notice movement 'inside' the crystal from both sides. From the angle you are currently standing from, you can't see what the movement is, but are sure that it is some kind of hologram. At that point, you hear a voice:

"ΩβЉЉЊЋ Щф ҖЩЖЊЩβ ΔΩβΘβЋ Щ ҖΛ ФΔҖΔщЊЩ ЊΛβgҖф ΞβЩΔΘҖЉ ΞЊΛΠΣΔβΘ. ΦΩЊ ҖΘβ ЖЊΣ ҖЩΨ ЗΘЊΛ ΦΩβΘβ ΔЊ ЖЊΣ ΞЊΛβЋ"

Gnarnia
2008-02-01, 10:18 AM
((ooc: Does the voice seem to be coming from the hologram, or from some other source?))

Cameron steps a short distance into the narrow hallway, trying to get a better view.

"Hello? I can't understand you. Do you speak English?" he calls out to the strange alien speaker.

SithLackey
2008-02-01, 03:10 PM
X2G-32

32 shifts uneasily as he steps out into the hallway. He continues to look around, and remains suspicious of alien attack. "What'd you find in there?"

Khelendros
2008-02-02, 06:32 PM
Terran


(Do our communication devices reach the ship? If so...)I shift to the side out of sight of the door and report back that we have found something "Terran to home, Terran to home we have found alien life it seems. Friend or Foe unknown. Alert ship defense just incase. End."

DungeonMaster77
2008-02-04, 09:10 AM
OOC:

You can reach your ship for now, at least, via commlink, and the ship can relay messages to the Fleet. All you get for a response is:

"Copy that, Explorer. Procede with caution."

As for the voice, it comes from the hologram.

Voth
2008-02-05, 06:37 PM
Valzoa

Approaching Cameron, Valzoa whispers. "What have you found?"

Gnarnia
2008-02-05, 08:55 PM
Cameron Blackwell

"Beats the hell out of me. It's some sort of holographic generator, but I can't understand a thing it's saying. It seems to be safe enough if you want to come take a look yourself."

Voth
2008-02-05, 09:20 PM
Valzoa

Nodding eagerly Valzoa replies, "Sure! I would love to. I've been meaning to examine these walls but a holographic generator? Thats something I would kill to look at."

Carefully walking over to the projector/device, Valzoa beings to search for any sort of mechanics or electronics.

Search Roll [roll0]

Khelendros
2008-02-05, 10:09 PM
Terran

Walking over to the grate with weapon ready I'll keep watch out on this grate while you check out the hologram.

Voth
2008-02-05, 10:12 PM
Valzoa

"Thanks. It shouldn't take too long, I hope." Valzoa says as he continues searching for some clue as to how the hologram works.

SithLackey
2008-02-05, 10:39 PM
X2G-32

Seeing the rest of the group move into the room, 32 follows to the door but stops there, hopefully keeping it open. Other than a quick glance around the room, his focus is clearly the hallway.

DungeonMaster77
2008-02-06, 09:16 AM
Terran:

Moving to the grate, you notice that the slime trail decidedly began and ended inside of the grate. Inside the grate you see darkness.

Everyone moving inside the room:

As you move around, you see a roughly humanoid creature, projected, somehow, on what you realize, is some kind of freestanding, transparent crystal. If human body language is any indication, you'd say the creature is curious at your presence, and almost equally excited. When you see him/her/it move backwards and forwards, it seems that the crystal is the limit it can go forward, as if touching a window, and the back wall, behind the creature and to your west is the limit it can go that direction. The most interesting thing is that when someone goes to the western most 'projector' you see that the limitations for the creature are the same, but mirrored. After a short while, the creature takes one of his 'hands' and moves to the south wall, which is between the two sets of projectors, and puts it onto the wall, palm towards the wall. You see a small space open, and a tray of some kind slides out. On the tray are 8 devices, seemingly handheld, that he picks up. He seems to be indicating that you should mimic his movements in that place. When you step in the space that allows you a visual to the south wall, you notice no open space, just the solid, silvery wall that seems prevalent in this place.

Gnarnia
2008-02-06, 10:24 AM
Cameron calmly walks over to the wall and mimics the aliens' movements as best he can, placing his hand on it to see if a similar tray will pop out.

DungeonMaster77
2008-02-06, 10:38 AM
To your suprise, one does. You see eight handheld devices of some kind.

Gnarnia
2008-02-06, 01:42 PM
"I've got to say, I'm glad it's not Craeons" Cameron says as he picks up one of the devices.

Unless its use is completely obvious, he'll walk towards the hologram and see if the alien is pantomiming any further instructions.

DungeonMaster77
2008-02-06, 01:49 PM
You notice it holding the device up to it's 'face' and speaking at the device.

Voth
2008-02-06, 07:01 PM
Valzoa

Walking over to the devices, Valzoa carefully picks one up and begins to examine it, holding it close to his face before speaking."These are amazing!"


Knowledge: Technology Check to find out more [roll0]

Gnarnia
2008-02-07, 10:47 AM
Cameron Blackwell

Cameron holds his up as well. "Hello? Can you hear me?"

If the alien doesn't respond he'll look the device over to see if there's a button he has to push and try it again.

DungeonMaster77
2008-02-07, 11:09 AM
As you begin to speak, you notice that out of the part of the device facing away from your face, words, though in your voice, are coming out in a language sounding very much like the language the creature on the holograph projector was speaking. At that point, the alien becomes visibly excited, and begins speaking. This time, from the part of the device that you were previously speaking through is now emitting sound, and English is the language coming from it!

"Oh, at last! I was hoping that you were intelligent enough to understand what I was trying to communicate. Oh, I am sorry, I seem to have forgotten my manners. My name was Angoran. I am no longer living, but my mental faculties were copied to our library to serve as librarian after my people's evacuation. I am curious, though, do you happen to call yourselves human? We call ourselves the Golorians. The reason I ask is that we came across a probe or something from your race if you are. It had a plaque made up of atoms containing 79 positively charged particals, 78 uncharged particals, and 79 negatively charged particals, though I don't know what your name for the substance to be, with pictures of 2 examples of your race, male and female. Oh, why bother, telling you! Here it is!

(Any of you may make a knowledge<chemistry> check to figure out what the heck he is talking about, as far as positively and negatively charged particals, as well as a knowledge<history> check to know what the pictures represent)

At this point, a picture of the probe (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c8/Pioneer_10_systems_diagram.svg) he speaks of appears on the surface, and then a picture of the plaque (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/02/Pioneer_plaque.svg). ((OOC, you may have to right click and zoom out then in over the picture to see it correctly))

This device was extremely archaic by our standards, and was a great mystery to us for a long time. We guessed it was supposed to contain some kind of universal message, but we could not decode it. We were able to, however, track the most probable trajectories it could have come from, taking into account gravitational pull from nearby bodies in space, exit from your solar system, etc...and were planning on preparing a visit to your planet. We even tried to contact you via a remote station much like this one a while back, but... his voice trails off.

"the Craeons came. We did not know their origins, but they found us in the midst of our search for you. Our planet, which was very technologically advanced compared to what we knew of your civilization, could not hold off the Craeon Armada. Some of our race had discovered traces that an advanced, space-faring race had been visiting us long ago, but those few were ridiculed and ostracised from our communties. Their research was mentioned when we found your probe, but the technologies and such did not match, so it was discounted again as a hoax. They tried to warn us. We did not listen. Then they came. They told us that they were going to take all of our natural resources. We attempted to flee. We were attacked, as we too, were a 'natural resource' that they wished to harvest. We sent out as many signals as possible to our remote facilities. This was one of them, however, it was only inhabited by one of our race: myself. Before my body's death, I transferred a copy of my brain to the library, so that if any of your race was to become able to traverse the distance between stars, we could warn you of the invasion you faced. You see, when the Craeons invaded our planet, they found the probe. They apparently were happy to find them, as they had come accross another probe we didn't find. It looked like this."

Another image (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d2/Voyager.jpg) crosses the screen.

"It confirmed what we knew about life outside of our planet. That our two races were not the only ones in the galaxy. We did have a small fleet, not unlike your own, that was sent out to search for assistance against the Craeons, but the Craeons eventually found them, and harvested all of the equipment and personnel as additional resources. None of us have met a Craeon, nor do we know what one looks like. We mostly fought with robotic machines. As we were able to adapt to their warfare techniques, they adapted faster. I can only guess that your race was attacked after ours, and I don't doubt that you had as little warning as we did. In fact, I would not be suprised if you were the last remnants of your entire race."

He looks pretty forlorn at this point. It is obvious that he was extremely lonely, if a computer program can be called that.

"Well, look at me ramble on. I must also apologize, as I took the liberty of scanning your ships, and copying your databases. I have learned much from you, but basic knowledge, like your history and such, was not stored on your ship's memory. Also, I'm curious, is it true that your race has over 100 different languages spoken amongst yourselves? I find it fascinating that you are able to communicate at all!

Gnarnia
2008-02-07, 12:41 PM
Cameron Blackwell

Speaking back into the device, "Wow, pleased to meet you as well and I'm sorry it couldn't have been under better circumstances. I'll be happy to answer your questions but there may be a more pressing matter first...

...there's something running around your ventilation system and leaving trails of slime all over the station. For some reason it's not registering on our motion detectors. Any idea what it is or if it's likely to try to kill us?"

DungeonMaster77
2008-02-07, 02:35 PM
"Oh, those. Those are nothing but vermin and pests. They hatch from eggs, and begin their annoying little lives as larvae, without legs, and at their tallest, up to your ankle. Quite disgusting, really. They slither around until they shed their exoskeletons, beginning their pupae stage. At this stage, they have grown several legs, and exude a thick, translucent mucus, and their height would be around the middle of your shins. We usually have them exterminated at this point, as they mess up the place, and get into our foodstuffs, supplies, etc...but occasionally, we don't. That is when things get...difficult. They shed their exoskeleton yet again, and this time, grow to the size of one of your kind, hitting their adult stage. They gain the ability to stand on their back legs and walk upright, grow large mandibles, and their front claws grow to larger proportions, capable of snapping things in half. They also become immune to any and all poisons, fire, cold, and can survive in a vaccuum. Acid seems to be the only thing that destroys them, but unfortunately, we only use energy weapons. Radiation can harm them, however due to its unpredictable nature and danger to other living beings, we chose to use acids. Unfortunately, we did not have enough to destroy them all. A few eggs were all that remained. We haven't used any kind of melee weapons since the Dark Times, so that wasn't but a last option. They were sealed in a room down the hall, with an automatic process that was supposed to only release them in the event of a Craeon boarding party. Something obviously went wrong. It triggered as soon as the docking bay was breached. The worse problem is that it takes only seconds to reach their pupae stage after hatching, and a few hours to get beyond that. The reason that they did not show up on your motion sensors is due to the mucus. It absorbs any and all forms of radiation that your technology probably uses to detect them. The airflow around the mucus is not affected, so it would essentially be invisible to your sensors. Luckily, or unluckiliy, when they reach their adult stage, they will stop emitting the mucus, and will become visible on your sensors, so if I were you, I'd try to catch them before they get to that point. Also, if the system that was supposed to keep them locked away misfunctioned, it is likely that the rest of the station's defenses are also activated. Unfortunately, I am unable to do much more than communicate with you as you move about the ship. I do have an undetailed map of the ship's corridors and rooms. Why, may you ask, should you all care? Since it is quite possible that these creatures will grow to their adult stage within 24 hours, it is at that time that they will begin to lay more eggs. More eggs equals more of them and so on and so forth. If more than 100 of the adult forms are ever detected on the station, the station will initiate its self destruct sequence. If you have any hope of using any of my knowledge or the technology of my people, I'd suggest taking care of the problem, and deactivating the ship's automatic defense systems, located in the Central Control Room, located at the center of this station."

Gnarnia
2008-02-07, 03:00 PM
Cameron Blackwell

"Ooookay... glad I asked", Cameron says, laughing nervously to himself.

"Guys, communicators, everyone take one quick. Sounds like we're going to be up to our necks in alien predators if we don't get started on this now. I'm gonna try to find the room at the end of the hall these things came from. If the doors just opened when our ship docked, hopefully there's a lot still in there waiting to be squished.

Angoran, you mentioned that this station's defenses are activated. Anything in particular we need to watch out for when wandering the halls (apart from the critters)"

DungeonMaster77
2008-02-07, 03:04 PM
"Hmm...primarily energy weapons popping in and out, here and there. Other than that, none that I can think of. Oh, and I have downloaded as much as I could from your computer's memory banks, and believe that I have a good handle on your language, so the translators are no longer needed, however you may keep them as a sign of our goodwill."

Gnarnia
2008-02-07, 03:52 PM
Cameron Blackwell

"These critters are still vulnerable to energy weapons in the earlier stages of their life, correct?

And the adults would still be vulnerable to ballistic weapons if I understand you correctly?

And do you have a supply of acid still remaining here on the ship somewhere?"

DungeonMaster77
2008-02-07, 03:58 PM
"To answer your questions: Yes, theoretically, and no."

SithLackey
2008-02-07, 05:01 PM
X2G-32

Listening from the door, 32 suddenly turns his head to look at the projestor again. "Then how are we supposed to kill them? We don't all have projectile weapons."

DungeonMaster77
2008-02-07, 07:40 PM
"I don't know, but based on my calculations, and the rate at which they reproduce, you have...hmmm...about 36 of your hours to eradicate enough of them to be effective. That, of course, is assuming that you kill at least 2-4 an hour. If you manage more, then your time will likely increase."

Voth
2008-02-08, 12:35 AM
Valzoa

"Well that is fantastic! Now we have some freaking vermin trying to kill us alone with the Craeon." Turning towards Angoran, Valzoa quickly asks it several questions. "Is it possible to transfer you to my computer card? You could be a great assist to us. We'll need a map to find all these buggers." Turning towards the others Valzoa finishes. "Finally I think that it would be better if we split up. I'm not as good with a gun as you guys but I should be able to disable the defense systems with Angoran's help."

Khelendros
2008-02-08, 06:29 PM
Terran

Still keeping and eye out at the grate We could check back at the ship for alternative weapons to use. Could be worth it in the long run.

SithLackey
2008-02-09, 06:16 PM
X2G-32

"If we kill them now, we won't neeed different weapons. Besides, going back to the ship could take long enough for them to grow even more, or worse, reproduce. Angoran, can any of the station's sensors pick them up?"

DungeonMaster77
2008-02-11, 08:27 AM
((OOC: I meant to get this posted, but had to work all weekend. Sorry. Here it is...))

"As far as transferring me, no, that is not possible with the equipment you carry. Think of it like trying to cram a comet in your sleeping quarters. I can communicate with you all as you move through the station. Lastly, you have several options. 1) You can go to that room out the door, and to the far right and see if any more of the creatures remains there, to eliminate them. Option 2) Head out the door to the right, turn left at the intersection, and follow that hallway to the Central Control Room, making your way past the defense system, and disableing it, eliminating the need to dodge the weapons that will try and kill you, there by allowing you to search for the creatures without fear of death. Lastly, option 3 is heading out the door, to the left and following that cooridor until you get to the armory. We have many weapons there, but I'm not sure how many will be of any assistance."

Voth
2008-02-11, 09:11 AM
Valzoa

"Can you help me disable the security system?"

DungeonMaster77
2008-02-11, 09:35 AM
"I can walk you through the procedure, yes, but cannot do it from here, for good reason."

Trulhammaren
2008-02-11, 02:20 PM
Amethyst

Having not worked with other people in a while Amy felt a little out of place, but she knew well enough that she wouldn't be much help if a fight broke out. So she decided to stay near the rear as much as possible, while still following the group.

When the group entered the room with the hologram Amy became distracted with looking around the room for anything that might be salvageable or reverse-engineered. Her ears didn't pick up most of the conversation, she did however pick up little tid-bits about the alien creatures that where on board the ship.

As the hologram spoke of the situation, Amy's mind started running through multiple simulations of things that might help the party with the situation at hand.

Thinking out loud Amy starts to speak, "Maybe we could use the mucus to cross-engineer a weapon that might hinder the mucus pointless, thus allowing us to get them on sensors....." Grabbing one of the communication devices Amy speaks to the hologram directly. "Is there a lab of sorts on board that I might be able to examine the mucus and create a chemical or biological compound that might render the creatures ability to evade our efforts?"

DungeonMaster77
2008-02-11, 03:22 PM
"Oh, yes, and strange that we never figured to try that...hmmm...yes, that might work! Well, there is such a lab, if you proceed out the hall, and to the left, it will be the first door on your right. I can do multiple things at once as part of integrating my body and thoughts into this system, so I can assist you as well as assist the others with whichever destination they are wanting to choose.

SithLackey
2008-02-11, 04:51 PM
X2G-32

32 speaks first to his group. "I'll check the containment room. There shouldn't be anything there I can't handle." Then, turning back to the projector, "Are there any of these traps between here and the creatures' containment room?"

If yes: "Can you help me bypass them, or at least alert me to their presence?"
If no: "Thank you." He unholsters his pistol and heads towards the door. "I'll catch up as soon as I can."

Voth
2008-02-11, 08:43 PM
Valzoa

"Can you give me a general lay out of my way there? What about hostiles?" Valzoa says packing up his gear.

Khelendros
2008-02-12, 04:53 AM
Terran

Pacing around and holding hands together in a circle Hrmm...what we could do is on the way there block vents so that we don't get surprised and it would help us funnel them into specific areas giving us and advantage, though small.

DungeonMaster77
2008-02-12, 08:08 AM
"As to your answer, my furry little friend, no, there are no weapon systems in this, or any docking hall. As to your question, sir," looking at Valzoa. "I don't have any particular layout of the area, but I can give you directions as you go along, as well as warnings about particular areas."

Trulhammaren
2008-02-12, 05:42 PM
Amethyst

Left, then right... Amy thinks as she turns and heads toward the lab. Ignoring any calls from her teammates Amy continues on, collecting a sample of the mucus on her way.

Once arriving in the lab she takes a good look around at the equipment, Shouldn't be to difficult to figure out.

Taking 10 on Know (Tech) to figure out the controls on the various equipment. Total = 20

As well as taking 10 on Know (Earth and Life Sciences) to figure the right chemicals to do things. Total = 19


Putting the mucus through a series of tests, Amy is able to deduct what she needs to do in order to create the right compound to do the job. Scribbling the formula on a spare notebook that was on the main lab table Amy goes about synthesizing the compound with the chemical stores in the lab.


I'm not sure if you can take 10 on craft checks, but in any case. I'm taking 10 if I can. Total = 19.

[roll0] - Just in case that I can't, or if it just so happens to be better. :smallbiggrin:


While the machines where doing their thing Amy take a look at some of the other machine in the room. One in particular caught her eye. Going over to examine the strange looking structure Amy starts fiddling with the controls trying to figure out what it did. As she was doing this she loses her balance and falls into the strange apparatus managing to close the large door-like section in the process. Her tinkering at the controls happened to start a delayed status count and when the door closed, it started the process of putting someone into stasis.


OOC: No one follow me, this is my IC reason for not being able to post. Just go about things as you might have without me being around. If your characters happen to start worrying about her, if my craft check succeeds then there will be a synthesized compound that might do something against the alien buggers, but thats up to good ole DM.

Just so that everyone knows I have request a leave due to the fact that the month of February has become increasingly busy for me. So take your time with finding me. If you happen to get to the point that you guys either run out of alternatives or manage to get rid of the bugs and begin to wonder where my character is go ahead and start looking. I will be keeping an eye on this adventure, so I should notice when I start getting involved again.

Cheers!

Voth
2008-02-13, 01:59 AM
Valzoa

"Can you give me the layout please? Also if you could tell me what areas are best left to be avoided that would help too." Valzoa says to Angoran, grabbing his equipment and heaving it over his shoulder.

After Angoran gives Valzoa the information to Valzoa, Valzoa says he'll stay in contact and hurries off in the direction that Angoran pointed to him, being careful to avoid any dangerous areas.

If Valzoa reaches the room in which the defense systems are housed in, Valzoa awaits for Angoran to begin to give him instructions.

DungeonMaster77
2008-02-13, 01:25 PM
"Well, as I said before, that is easier said than done. I can get you an undetailed layout of this place, but you have to remember: It only has cooridors and rooms, no vents, weapon enplacements, etc...on it."

After hearing that Amy is going off to the lab, "Well, I'd be glad to assist, and I'll meet you there."

(a few minutes later)

"Ahh...we seem to have a problem. Amy, I believe you call her, has seemed to have stumbled into a stasis tube. Your race's curiousity seems endless, apparently...and she'll be okay. Before she did that, she was able to put together a way to enable you all to track the Rusosmuri that have infested this place. She has managed to combine your motion tracker with a device that tracks biological substances, but it only works in a distance of 3 of your meters, and cannot penetrate walls, but can see around corners. I wouldn't worry about her for now, as you have bigger things to take care of, and not dealing with those problems will make trying to fix hers a moot point."

For everyone:
Since it hasn't been discussed, I think a description of Angoran is warranted: He is fairly humanoid in appearance, with 2 arms and 2 legs. He has no visible ears or nose, but has an over large head. His eyes are large and solid black in color, like 2 polished ebony spheres. You see that his mouth is very small, more like a slit, without 'lips' per se. He has a prehensile tail that seems to move of its own accord. His skin is a dark green in color, almost evergreen colored, without any variations. He doesn't seem to have any visible hair, and wears a long blue robe that goes down to his feet, which you notice has only 4 digits on each foot. His hands are likewise enabled, with 3 digits and an opposable thumb.

Khelendros
2008-02-13, 04:29 PM
Terran

Turning around for a moment and approaching Angoran I have a question. What do you call your race? Do you have any information on the Craeons you can upload? It would be a far smaller imprint than us trying to load you up. We are battling the Craeons as you did but maybe with your aid we can prevent what happened to you happening to anyone else again. Did your race have advanced weaponry we could adapt to? Just because there is none on this ship doesn't mean someone in your library isn't the knowledge of it.

DungeonMaster77
2008-02-19, 09:30 AM
((OOC: I know you all have been waiting on me, sorry again. Thread isn't dead, just been busy and/or sick. Khelendros has been out to his grandmother's funeral))

((OOC: Okay, the group is splitting up...Now to spoiler text...weeee))

As the main body of the group proceeds to speak to the holographic alien, 32 asks his question and gets the answer 'No.' He rushes out of the room and to the right.

Those inside the Holo-Library:
"Well, I can give you a layout, of sorts. Here!" As he says this, a map appears on the holo display.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░▓▓
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓░░░░░░░▓▓
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓--▓▓▓▓▓
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓░░░▓░▓▓▓▓▓
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓░░░▓░▓▓▓▓▓
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓░░░▓░▓░░▓▓
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓░░░▓░||░░▓▓
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓░░░▓░▓▓▓▓▓
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓░░░||░▓▓▓▓▓
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓░░░▓░▓░░░▓
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓░░░▓░||░░░▓
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓░▓░░░▓
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓░░░▓░▓▓▓▓▓
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓░░░▓░▓░░▓▓
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓░░░▓░||░░░▓
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓░░░||░▓░░░▓
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓░▓░░▓▓
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓░░▓░▓▓▓▓▓
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓░░░▓░░░░░░░░▓
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓░░░▓░░▓░▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓--▓▓▓▓▓--▓░8▓▓
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░||░░░░||░8▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓--▓▓▓▓▓▓--▓▓▓▓▓--▓▓▓▓--▓▓▓▓▓▓▓---▓░▓░8▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓░░░░▓▓▓▓░░░░▓▓░░░░▓▓▓▓▓░▓░▓░8▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░▓▓▓▓▓

This map not exactly to scale!




32:

He does tell you 'No.' and so you proceed on to the hallway, and off to the far right. You get to the room, place your hand on hte door, and it opens. Walking into the room, the door shuts behind you. The light isn't as bright in here, but bright enough for you. You see eight, of what can only be discribed as tubes, lined up against the far wall. There is a display above them, showing a strange looking creature, with 6 legs, sharp mandibles, and a cocroach-like carapace. The 'tubes' appear to have been opened by some means, though not broken. There is some sort of odd liquid all over the floor and 7 slime trails joining and leaving the room. It seems that they left in single file. All but one. One trail leads to the south east corner, by the tubes there. Looking over there, you see a 'live' specimen of the cocroach specimen, except its carapace is split in two, as if it shed the exoskeleton. It is at that point, a large, insectoid...thing, walks out from behind the tubes. It appears as if it was crouching down, and now is aware of your presence!

▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓░░░-8▓
$-3░░-8▓
▓░░C-8▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓

LEGEND:
$=THE DOOR
8=TUBES
C=CREATURE
3=32

The room is 15' from north to south, and 20 feet from east to west. The tubes take up the easternmost 5' squares along the east wall. The creature is about 5'11", and looks like a cockroach standing on its 4 hind legs. The mandibles are much larger, and the front two 'legs' now sport pinching claws, similar to that of a crab or other crustacean. It has large, multi faceted, insect eyes, and slime is eminating from its mouth. Please roll initiative.

Khelendros
2008-02-23, 03:58 PM
Terran

Getting a chill down his back. We shouldn't split up this much when we don't know anything about the creatures or the makers of this ship. I'm going after 32. Lets all try to get back together as soon as possible.

SithLackey
2008-02-23, 10:19 PM
X2G-32[roll0]
If 32 manages to react before the creature he will slip back out into the hallway and back a bit, dropping his pistol carefully and drawing his knife as he does so. As he assumes a combat stance and prepares for the inevitable counterattack, he speaks to Angoran in a low voice. "Angoran, can these things be hurt by a knife in this stage, or not?"

Move into hall and as far from the door as the action allows. Drop the pistol, draw a knife as part of the move, and ready an attack in case the thing gets close enough.