PDA

View Full Version : Arena Tournament, Round 23: Grock vs. The BAM



ArenaManager
2008-01-27, 05:29 PM
Arena Tournament, Round 23: Grock vs. The BAM

Map

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z83/Bitzeralisis/Arena%20Tournament%20Maps/The-Barnyard.gif


XP Award: 300 XP
GP Award: 300 GP

Grock - Morbius (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=29755)
The BAM - bayar (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=32671)

All combatants, please roll initiative.

Bayar
2008-01-28, 04:23 PM
Achnowledging the existence of this match...still have time to get equipment.

Initiative:[roll0]

Morbius
2008-01-28, 09:30 PM
Same here
[roll0]

Morbius
2008-01-30, 09:57 AM
Ok, I won't buy anything now (I though I had used one of my potions before).

But I may buy something in response to you buyings, after you post your buyings I will post my action.

Bayar
2008-01-30, 11:21 AM
Fine by me...if you can pass through my codes that is :smallbiggrin:
I are ready.

Morbius
2008-01-30, 07:17 PM
You changed the sheet:smallyuk:, fortunatelly I could see most of the answers to your "code" before that.

I also updated my sheet too (just put there that there is some of my stuff at the bank (forgot to do that last match but it was not listed among my gear anyway :P

Grock 1st to act - round 1


Grock starts at K6 with his grappling hook in hands. He throws it at the roof
[roll0] vs DC 16


No done

Grock Stats (for refs)

Location:
HP: 11/11
Speed: 30 ft.
AC: 19, Touch 17, Flat-footed 13
Saves: Fortitude +4, Reflex +4, Will +1
Attacks: +9 Light Crossbow (1D6+3)
Held: , 1x CLW potion , 20 bolts, 1x potion of Shield of faith
Effects:
Reactive rolls:
[roll1]
[roll2]

Morbius
2008-01-30, 07:20 PM
Sigh

Grock moves to J7

Your turn

Bayar
2008-01-31, 09:54 AM
The BAM

Hopefully,you will be a little less racist...
Start in P21 with a scroll of true strike in one hand, and a Scroll of Magic missile with 3 missiles (minor scroll with 3 spells) in the other hand.

Cast Mage armor.

Move to R 17.


Familiar:
Will hide in O22.
Hice check: [roll0]


Stats:
HP: 13/13
AC: 22; FF:12 ; Touch:15
Spells: 5-0 ; 3-1
Buffs:
Mage armor 1/600
Tree cover

Your turn...doubt that we have LOS...but you can never be sure...

Seribro
2008-01-31, 07:19 PM
bayar
no LoS established
morbius
no LoS established

Morbius
2008-01-31, 08:27 PM
Racist? Why do you say that? :smalleek:

Grock 1st to act - round 2


Grock tries to use his grappling hook again. If he succedes he will start to climb accelerated finishing 15 feet up
[roll0] vs DC 16
[roll1] vS DC 5



EDIT: Your turn

Grock Stats (for refs)

Location:
HP: 11/11
Speed: 30 ft.
AC: 19, Touch 17, Flat-footed 13
Saves: Fortitude +4, Reflex +4, Will +1
Attacks: +9 Light Crossbow (1D6+3)
Held: , 1x CLW potion , 20 bolts, 1x potion of Shield of faith
Effects:
Reactive rolls:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Bayar
2008-02-01, 05:41 AM
I was trying to RP a bit...since my Kobolt think everybody is trying to kill him because he is a Kobold...so that is why he wants to kiluall...

The BAM - Round 2

Move to U15
Standard: Cast True strike from scroll
Free action: Drop the used scroll

The familiar makes no action...still hiding in O22

Your turn...

Stats:
HP: 13/13
AC: 22; FF:12 ; Touch:15
Spells: 5-0 ; 3-1
Buffs:
Mage armor 2/600
Tree cover

Morbius
2008-02-01, 01:00 PM
Ow..sorry:smalltongue:,my bad

Grock 1st to act - round 3

For now Bam recieves no answer


Grock continues to climb accelerated , and finishes his move at J8 hide and LoS is not stablished he picks up the grappling hook and start to pull it up
[roll0] vs DC 5
[roll1]



Your turn

Grock Stats (for refs)

Location: J8
HP: 11/11
Speed: 30 ft.
AC: 19, Touch 17, Flat-footed 13
Saves: Fortitude +4, Reflex +4, Will +1
Attacks: +10 MW Light Crossbow (1D6+3) (I always forge to update this)
Held: , 1x CLW potion , 20 bolts, 1x potion of Shield of faith
Effects:
Reactive rolls:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Mavian
2008-02-01, 01:10 PM
Grock

No LoS


The BAM

No LoS

Bayar
2008-02-02, 05:36 AM
The BAM - Round 3

Draw a scroll of Blindness/deafness.
Move to T6.
The familiar makes no action...still hiding in O22

Your turn...

Stats:
HP: 13/13
AC: 22; FF:12 ; Touch:15
Spells: 5-0 ; 3-1
Buffs:
Mage armor 3/600
Tree cover

Morbius
2008-02-02, 08:23 AM
Grock 1st to act - round 4



Grock finishes pulling the rope and drops it and the grappling hook on the roof. Then he draws his MW crossbow while tries to remain hidden





Your turn

Grock Stats (for refs)

Location: J8
HP: 11/11
Speed: 30 ft.
AC: 19, Touch 17, Flat-footed 13
Saves: Fortitude +4, Reflex +4, Will +1
Attacks: +10 MW Light Crossbow (1D6+3)
Held: , 1x CLW potion , 20 bolts, 1x potion of Shield of faith
Effects:
Reactive rolls:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Bayar
2008-02-02, 12:43 PM
The BAM - Round 4

Move to R3
Ready an action to cast Blindness from the scroll if I see him.
The familiar makes no action...still hiding in O22
[roll0]
[roll1]

If he plays like in the other matches, he probably is on the roof...but he could be in the barn, hiding in the hay. But I dont want to enter the cursed barn of doom :smalleek:

Your turn...

Stats:
HP: 13/13
AC: 22; FF:12 ; Touch:15
Spells: 5-0 ; 3-1
Buffs:
Mage armor 4/600
Tree cover

Also, think we need LOS check...

Morbius
2008-02-03, 10:30 PM
Assuming no LoS

Grock 1st to act - round 5



Grock moves to P8 (on the roof), if LoS is stablished he will shoot the bam, if not he will ready an action to shoot The Bam when he appears without cover




Your turn

Grock Stats (for refs)

Location: P8
HP: 11/11
Speed: 30 ft.
AC: 19, Touch 17, Flat-footed 13
Saves: Fortitude +4, Reflex +4, Will +1
Attacks: +10 MW Light Crossbow (1D6+3)
Held: , 1x CLW potion , 20 bolts, 1x potion of Shield of faith
Effects:
Reactive rolls:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Seribro
2008-02-04, 02:24 PM
Ehm... perhaps you guys should ask and wait for LoS confirmations a bit more often. LoS established at the end of round 3:

Grock:
sees the BAM walking into T6 on the ground outside.

The BAM:
sees a rope dangling over the edge of the roof at J7/J8 being pulled up

I would suggest rewinding this match to the beginning of round 4, start of Grocks turn as it was the movement of The BAM that triggered the establishment of the LoS
Any objections? (Hell, if both players rather take it from the current situation, I will just announce last stated positions)

Morbius
2008-02-05, 07:02 PM
I vote for the rewind :P

(and well, that is what I get for posting in a hurry >.< )

Bayar
2008-02-06, 02:18 AM
rewind here too...

Seribro
2008-02-06, 05:09 PM
okay, then this is the current standing:

info for The BAM
your location is T6, you saw the rope being pulled up as told in my former post and are entitled to a spot check if you wish to determine your opponents exact location. mage armor is at 3/600

info for Grock
your location is D8, you are pulling up the rope, made your hide check but haven't employed your crossbow yet. You glimpsed your opponent moving into T6

Beginning of round 4, beginning of Grocks turn

Morbius
2008-02-08, 12:29 PM
I guess Seribro meant I am at J8 (I was never at D8 :P).
I always assumed that pulling a grappling hook and rope to the roof was 2 move actions (one to pick up the hook and another to pull the rope up, ie. manipulate it) assuming this is how it works...

Grock 1st to act - round 4(redone)


Grock stops pulling the rope and drops it (I think it will drop loose in the roof, then he draws his MW crossbow and shots The BAM before he is able to see Grock (yay flat footed AC).

[roll0]
[roll1]


Your turn

Grock Stats (for refs)

Location: J8
HP: 11/11
Speed: 30 ft.
AC: 19, Touch 17, Flat-footed 13
Saves: Fortitude +4, Reflex +4, Will +1
Attacks: +10 MW Light Crossbow (1D6+3)
Held: , 1x CLW potion , 19 bolts, 1x potion of Shield of faith
Effects:
Reactive rolls:

Bayar
2008-02-08, 01:25 PM
Ah, you shot me ! you fricking shot me ! Grr...your death shall be swift !

The BAM casts a spell from one of his scrolls.
Cast blindness on the sniper :smallbiggrin:
Caster check: [roll0] Against a DC of 3...i think...

Attack:[roll1]

If it hits(which I think it will :smallbiggrin: ), do a Fort save throw DC=13.

Succed:
nothing happens

Fail:
Go blind :smallbiggrin:

Not done with my actions, awaiting the results :smallamused:

Morbius
2008-02-08, 02:36 PM
oO

you casted true strike? And I didn't heard? Wow...

[roll0] this is my second best save, let's hope for the best


Oh, did I hit you? Or was it a miss? I rolled rather poorly last round

EDIT: Weeeee.

Bayar
2008-02-08, 03:49 PM
actually, I dont know if you hit...and I casted it a while back...like in round 2...or something...

Free action to drop this scroll, move action to retrieve another one...
Scroll of shield

Your turn

Stats:

HP: 13/13
AC: 22; FF:12 ; Touch:15
Spells: 5-0 ; 3-1
Buffs:
Mage armor 4/600
Tree cover

Morbius
2008-02-08, 05:00 PM
Dude... true strike lasts for only one round... so you must use it until the end of your next turn or lose it.

Anyway what did you shoot at me that requires a fort save?


Oh and if I was not clear on my last post the grapling hook is loose on the roof floor and the rope is likely still touching the ground


Grock 1st to act - round 5(redone)


Grock loads a bolt, moves to P8 and stops

ready an action to shoot the ban if he casts a spell or is about to break LOS or get cover

EDIT: agh forgot spoilers

Your turn

Grock Stats (for refs)

Location: P8
HP: 11/11
Speed: 30 ft.
AC: 19, Touch 17, Flat-footed 13
Saves: Fortitude +4, Reflex +4, Will +1
Attacks: +10 MW Light Crossbow (1D6+3)
Held: , 1x CLW potion , 19 bolts, 1x potion of Shield of faith
Effects:
Reactive rolls:

Bayar
2008-02-09, 02:03 PM
The BAM

Time to fry...or die...forgot which one :smallbiggrin:

Cast a spell from a scroll.
Magic Missile !
Attack: [roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Stats:

HP: 13/13
AC: 22; FF:12 ; Touch:15
Spells: 5-0 ; 3-1

I am in T6 if you dunno...Move to P6

Your turn...

Edit: still dunno if you actually hit me there...since my AC is fairly high...above 20...so did it hit ? cant see how I am FF...tehnically, I was expecting you on the roof...it is your usual tactic...

Morbius
2008-02-09, 02:20 PM
While flat footed you lose your dex bonus to AC, so if you had mage armor and shield on it was a miss(flat footed AC 19 since you are small), if you had only one of them or neither of them (flat footed AC 15 or lower) it was a hit. I am trying to remember if you had a potion of shield of faith too...

Also... 1d4+1 damage? please tell me you are not rolling an attack roll for magic missile. Anyway...


When you start to cast a spell you trigger Grock's ready action to shoot you.

[roll0]
[roll1]

We will need to know if this one hits as it will require a concentration check if it does.

Morbius
2008-02-09, 02:24 PM
Hum... max damage and possible critical

[roll0]
[roll1]



PS: Oh, on my last post I forgot about the tree bonus, the tree adds a +2 bonus to AC that works while flat footed, so unless you had no defensive spells(mage armor, shield or SoF potion) that was a miss, I hope this one is not

EDIT: It seems it was only a normal hit, please roll a concentation check DC 19+the level of the spell you were casting from the scroll or lose the spell. If you fail and want to change you move action you may do so.

Bayar
2008-02-09, 02:52 PM
It was a miss...

:sigh: concentration check...:[roll0] hope it will save my spell...

Under any other circumstances, i would have gone to " In your face !" or something the like...but it is too good to spoil the moment...

So, is it your turn now ?

Morbius
2008-02-09, 03:08 PM
Yes, it's my turn, I may be a high ref but I always confuse myself about those ready-action-change-of-initiative-rules.

I think I can act normaly as I am on the top of the order.


Grock 1st to act - round 6


Grock loads another bolt and keeps aim at the bam

ready an action to shoot the ban if he casts a spell or is about to break LOS or get cover


Your turn.

Grock Stats (for refs)

Location: P8
HP: 6/11
Speed: 30 ft.
AC: 19, Touch 17, Flat-footed 13
Saves: Fortitude +4, Reflex +4, Will +1
Attacks: +10 MW Light Crossbow (1D6+3)
Held: , 1x CLW potion , 18 bolts, 1x potion of Shield of faith
Effects:
Reactive rolls:

Kyeudo
2008-02-09, 08:44 PM
GM Kyeudo

Everything seems to check out. The BAM is up next.

Bayar
2008-02-10, 04:43 AM
:smallsigh: ...Move to L8, breaking LOS.

cast shield from scroll, drop scroll as free action

Stats:
HP: 4/13
AC: 24; FF:12 ; Touch:15
Spells: 5-0 ; 3-1
Buffs:
Mage armor 6/600
Shield 1/10

Morbius
2008-02-10, 08:08 AM
When you are about to leave LoS you trigger Grock's ready action to shoot you :smallbiggrin:
[roll0]
[roll1]



EDIT: If you don't have shield AND mage armor on I think that's game

Bayar
2008-02-10, 08:29 AM
When you are about to leave LoS you trigger Grock's ready action to shoot you :smallbiggrin:
[roll0]
[roll1]



EDIT: If you don't have shield AND mage armor on I think that's game

**** off...I casted it inside the barn...hope your character will be tortured in the following rounds.

Paladin Latham
2008-02-10, 09:02 AM
The BAM is alive and well, having had an attack from Grock magically deflected by protective spells.

Morbius
2008-02-10, 09:20 AM
Sigh, and I though I would end this quickly

Grock 1st to act - round 7

Well since you broke LoS


Grock loads another bolt and readies an action to shoot the bam if he appears without cover


Your turn.

Grock Stats (for refs)

Location: P8
HP: 6/11
Speed: 30 ft.
AC: 19, Touch 17, Flat-footed 13
Saves: Fortitude +4, Reflex +4, Will +1
Attacks: +10 MW Light Crossbow (1D6+3)
Held: , 1x CLW potion , 17 bolts, 1x potion of Shield of faith
Effects:
Reactive rolls:

stimpius
2008-02-10, 09:22 AM
Initiate Referee Stimpius

Hold on just a moment there, by my reading Grock has won.

to Refs


The BAM stated he was going to cast the spell AFTER the LoS had been broken.

Grock stated he would take the shot before LoS was broken and only just - so he shoots before the shield spell goes off, making that a hit and meaning it drops the BAM into negatives.

Morbius
2008-02-10, 09:23 AM
EDIT: Nevermind, ninja'ed

Bigmac
2008-02-10, 09:32 AM
I do believe that Grock has won the match.

Grock is declared the winner and takes the appropreate.

Paladin Latham
2008-02-10, 09:35 AM
... Bayar, you need to keep your stat block accurate. It listed your AC as 24. :smallannoyed:

Edit: I need to open spoilers more often... :smallfrown:

Bayar
2008-02-10, 03:08 PM
I already stated that I blacked out...damn I have a phobia for concentration checks...