PDA

View Full Version : Just downloaded inkscape and made something. . .

Carrion_Humanoid
2008-01-27, 09:08 PM
I don't know how to erase unwanted lines, I wanted the bubble to be completely white on the inside, but i couldn't. I think it looks pretty good for my first attempt, constructive criticism wanted!

Oh, Its a little big. Anyone know how to scale it down?

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7808/ohmygodimadeapictureox5.png

Ego Slayer
2008-01-27, 09:28 PM
First lesson of Vector Programs: There is no Eraser tool. :smallamused: There are a couple ways to get a 'correct' looking speech bubble... The easiest is just to draw is all as one image.

Carrion_Humanoid
2008-01-27, 09:37 PM
Ahhhh, and also, How do you scale it down?

And did the artist of your avatar do that in Inkscape? Cuz thats pretty freaking amazing. . .

rickvoid
2008-01-27, 09:51 PM
Just a little tip.

That fire that's coming off the guy's hand? If you right click it, go into fill and stroke, and click the fill tab, you can change the fire's opacity so that it doesn't look like it's behind his hand. Just make sure you move it in front of his hand. For myself, I keep magical effects on a different layer (locked) so that they don't get in the way when I want to adjust whatever body part the magic is sitting over. Hope this helps. :smallbiggrin:

By the way, great first try!

Eita
2008-01-27, 09:52 PM
Actually, you can erase lines. It's just insanely difficult as it relies on pin-point accuracy.

Trazoi
2008-01-27, 09:53 PM
The easiest way to combine those two shapes together to make a single white balloon is to select them both and use the "union" command - it's under Path in the menu, shortcut key Ctrl + (that's Control and plus). Union combines two paths together to make a single path. There's a lot of other path commands in there that are useful for adding or subtracting shapes from each other.

I've posted a guide for making Inkscape OotS avatars (http://trazoi.net/tutorials/inkscape/oots) if you're interested.

rickvoid
2008-01-27, 10:06 PM
Since you're here, just thought I'd thank you for making that guide. It's helped out alot. :smallsmile:

Ego Slayer
2008-01-28, 10:46 PM
And did the artist of your avatar do that in Inkscape? Cuz thats pretty freaking amazing. . .
Yes, I'm an avatarist... No, Inkscape isn't the reason why it's awesome. :smallwink: Thanks.

Yeril
2008-01-29, 03:25 AM
Preety good, I think the best thing for you is to zoom in and start it small, Oots style has I think 35x35-40x40ish sizes for the head, so you can work preportions off that.

Squark
2008-01-29, 07:10 PM
Quick Tip: Oots Charecters have circular heads. To make perfect circles, hold Ctrl down while you make the circle. Same thing If you needed squares. Also, WHENEVER possible, use the benzinger curves tool, not the pencil. Takes a little getting used to, but its much less of a pain in the butt to make straight lines and perfect curves.