PDA

View Full Version : LitD [IC]



Pages : [1] 2

Timaoh
2008-01-28, 03:38 PM
This thread will be for the players from the Lost in the Depths game that is moving to this forum. Please do not post here without permission from the DM. (that's me.) Thank You.

Timaoh
2008-01-29, 12:37 PM
-new players-

As you all go about your daily lives there is one thing you all share in common. As you are going about your day you are surrounded by an eerie feeling and then swallowed up by what you can only describe as a magical force that envelops you completely. You feel yourselves slowly sinking into a tangible fog that saps your strength and leaves you feeling alone, vulnerable, and trapped. You are held imobile and a feeling of uncertainty and dread fills you as your body and mind are left suspended in the darkness and void for an inditerminate amount of time.


-Fethen-

As you and the others make your way back to the site of your arival you once again feel the ground begin to tremble. As you arive back in the midst of the stone sentinels you notice that there are 3 new statues standing in the midst of the others. As you all approach the new arrivals Habadur speaks a word of warning which is quickly swept aside as Mordun steps up and gingerly places a hand on the statue.

The greyness extends into his flesh and he grimaces in pain as the greyness continues to climb up his arm. Unlike before however the substance does not stop and as Mordun watches in horror and bewilderment he is once again encased in the stone.

Even more suprising is Barius and Enterinon's reaction. They study the Dwarf closely and Barius takes the time to inspect Etta removing her from the bag he had been carrying. As he places his hands on her lifeless form, another anomaly occurs. While he had seemed immune before to placing his hands on her statue he now recoils in shock and pain as merely touching her brings a flare of light from the statue. His hope renewed he quickly grasps the statue tightly in an embrace and while there is a slight renewal of her coloration she still lays dormant in his arms as his life force ebs away leaving his skin pale and lifeless. Even as the last of his energy fades away he is whispering Etta's name and telling her not to be afraid, comforting her with his last breath.

Habadur rushes in to attempt to pry Barius free and is quickly caught in the same force that entraps him although the affect seems to claim him more slowly than it had claimed Barius he staggers away contaminated by the close contact with Barius and Etta's statue. Stumbling towards Fethen first his feet and then his torso are consumed by the dull grey shade that has become much too familiar in the last few and first few hours you have spent in this portion of the chamber.

The only remaining member of your band is Lialei. She remains standing in front of one of the newly arrived statues. She whispers a name you do not recognise, and reaches out to brush her fingers against the pale cheek of one of the newly arrived statues. Touching her fingers to her own lips and clearly in pain as the others were at the slightest touch of the statues she nods her head in determination. And as though everyone around you had been gripped in some sort of wierd massochistic tendancy she reaches out to take a firm hold of the statue in front of her. Not releasing her grip until the statue in front of her flares to life and her own arm is left useless and grey as the stone of the statues of the new arrivals, two of whom seem to have slowly come to life.

The statue Mordun approached seems to be another dwarf who has regained some mobility and stumbles forward falling onto his beard. His armor and all of his belongings glow and shine in the radiant light of the torch in Fethen's hand.

The human released from the statue Lialei was grasping seems to blink as he stares into Lialeis features as though blinking away the affects of a long nights sleep, filled with nightmares and horrific images.

As silence once again claims the cavern and a horrible sense of silence and finality follow you are left surveying the dramatic scene unfolding between the partially 'unthawed' human druid and Lialei as a meaningful gaze passes between them. "I have failed in my mission of scouting out a suitable place for you and your followers. The fire nearly overwhelmed me." Lialei says tiredly.

And so enter the new adventurers... C i have you on hold for a bit but hopefully only long enough to get your chracter sorted out.

cintain
2008-01-29, 01:10 PM
Damn! I was ready to post! Ah, well. No worries, Timaoh. You're going out on a limb as it is. Thank you for all your effort putting this together so promptly. :smallbiggrin: I still have to give you my backstory so it's OK. If you want to wait for that, I'll have it up by the end of the day (promise), maybe it will make your sorting out of Markus a bit easier. One thing I can advance for now, he is not too fond of elves, and I'll explain why

Thalmor
2008-01-29, 01:14 PM
Thoric Yells 'Ouch!!' As he stumbles upon his beard. Looking about the room he
sees the other characters he starts to ask 'How did all yea get ...' His voice trailing off as he realizes he is no longer at him home in the Orc Range Mountains. 'Were in the nine hells be I? If this be some Orge sorcery, there be a few heads rolling today.'

Pulling his axe into the ready position he begins scanning the room, as looking for something split in two. Seeing the statue of Mordun he says 'This statue looks so life like I swear it could be me cousin Mordun.' He continues to examine the statue with keen interest.

Greyen
2008-01-29, 02:13 PM
A youngish human man stands outside the little area of statues coming to life. Completely average but of decent build and looking well used/traveled. He is dressed in light travelers leathers and looks a bit ruffled. A back pack brimming with stuff, and a crossbow seem to be in his hands. He also wears a vest covered in pockets, to which the crossbow is lanyarded.

Floating along next to him is a torch, it seems to move as if carrie dby something.

He stands there agape for a moments as the others that woke with him trade their lives for other. As the dwarf speaks the words about his cousin he seems to come back to himself. Astounding! There seems to be an increased rate at which this anomaly is catching people.

And yes that dwarven statue was once a dwarf named Mordun. Probably your cousin from the sounds of it. Fethen humbles a moment He is a good person, and saved my life. I think he meant to save yours too.

Tynuth
2008-01-29, 06:08 PM
Drake looked around at the room he had awoken in, it was strange, familliar, yet alien to him. 'Where am I? I've never heard of such a place as this in my travels.' Noting the statues in the room, and the other three people in the room he slid back seeing the human.

'Ogre Magic? Surely this couldnt be an ogre's doing, what would an ogre have to gain from whatever has just happened here?' Thinking to himself and listening intently to whatever the others said next, the connection between the dwarf and the dwarf statue was undeniable yet undetermined.

Waiting for whatever events were to unfold before him, maybe he would learn somehting of what happened to him and why he was here instead of home in the forests of east Nogaden.

EloquentRune
2008-01-29, 10:10 PM
"Lialei, it is I who have failed you..."

A young male human emerges from the statue. A crown of stag antlers resting upon his head. He wears little more than armor made from the hide of animals. Holding himself up from the shock of it all by leaning on his quarterstaff and he has a longbow placed over his shoulder.

From behind him another smaller statue changes into a silver haired wolf. The wolf slowly moves to him and rubs its head against the man's leg.
"Where is this place that we have emerged, Celebgul?" speaking to the wolf...
The man looks up, looks around and sees the others around.
"I am Glade, son of Horus, Seeker of Last Lake, and protector of animal and those who I travel beside. Who are you all who seem as awestruck as I?"

Greyen
2008-01-30, 02:52 AM
Fethen

Well then this is disconcerting at the least. I am Fethen, I too was trapped here. I will tell you my story after everyone is awake, and fully functional." Fethen takes off his back pack and sits down on it after retrieving a well thumbed notebook. He looks at the others flipping through his notebook.

Thalmor
2008-01-30, 09:10 AM
Aye, that sounds like him, always trying to help. Thoric seems to relax a bit.

Me name be Thoric, I be the leader of a Dwarven Milita that operates in the Orc Range Mountains. As for this being Ogre Magic you maybe right. As he glances in Drakes direction. However I have spent many years fighting an alliance of Orcs and Ogres. So they would have much to gain by removing me from the area.

Well met Fethen and Glade. Nodding to each in turn.

Lets hear you story Fethen.

Greyen
2008-01-30, 10:49 AM
Fethen

I had been studying a magical anomaly with great interest for some time. This anomaly was making people disappear at certain intervals. During the course of trying to witness one of these happenings in action, I was caught up in it. Trapped here as a statue.

Mordun Fethen indicates the dwarven statue motioned earlier, woke me from my petrified state. He did this by touching me and breaking the necromantic energy loop that feeds the effect. This effect feeds off a subjectís life force keeping them in a petrified state, all while transporting them here for some reason. Why? I canít answer that yet.

Fethen looks tired and somewhat haunted We traveled some, exploring the area a little bit. We ran into a bit of trouble with a phantom fungus, over there Fethen points off in a direction, North? After that we explored some more before trying to camp for the night. That was last night,

I think. We discovered that this place invades your dreams if you sleep here. Fortunately I have a spell that creates a small pocket dimension for sleeping in. I will be able to extend the life of it to 9 hours this evening so that I can sleep the whole night, all of us in fact. But I digressÖ

After nearly sleepless period of rest we traveled back to here to see if any more statues had arrived. You had. One strange thing about all of this is that when they touched the new statues, yourselves, they we engulfed and re-petrified.

Fethen turns the pages of his note book showing them a sketched map of the discovered area. Indicating a certain spot marked with a keyhole he continues At this location we found several smaller defensible sub caverns, and a huge metal door. I cannot identify the crafters for the work is amazingly intricate and expansive at the same time.

So that is what is going on, welcome to subterranean hell.
When he stops the age and exhaustion seems to seep out of him. He looks at everyone else waiting.


If anyone jumps, or attacks, etc. toward him he will teleport 10ft away as a swift action.

EloquentRune
2008-01-30, 03:37 PM
"Fethen, it seems as though you have been through very much and that soon we too shall all be weary. Do you need sleep now or healing of any kind? I will offer you all the aid that I can."

"This here is my closest friend and companion, Celebgul, named in elvish for his silver hair. He can help watch over us while we seek to find our way through this dilemma. Do not worry he is a kind heart and a friend to all who show him no malice."

There is a distance in the Glade's eyes but, a sincerity within his voice. He is trying to be as strong as he can with this instantaneous change of scenery. Glade turns to the dwarf and kindly asks:
"Good Dwarf, did you know much of your cousin or if he had been missing?"

Greyen
2008-01-30, 03:55 PM
Fethen

Fethen looks at Glade, thankfulness plain on his face No, I am just weary from the last day or so. I do not even know what day it is.

I do know that there are rumblings in this place that shake its foundations. When they happen pieces of the ceiling fall, pebbles only that I've experienced so far. But that can only mean the structure of this place is weakening. I think we need to find th source of this magic, and stop it if we can. These others still need out help to survive their imprisonment here. Fethen sweeps his arm indicating the throngs of statues that surround them.

He stands, mildly refreshed from dumping his worrisome load off of his mind. I am physically fine, and have just recently woken from a broken sleep. I have been through worse, it is almost as bad as finals week at the University. He cracks a small smile at a memory that fleetingly crosses his mind.

Tynuth
2008-01-30, 05:30 PM
Drake
"Truely this is the most disturbing and stange place I have ever seen, and the facts behind it that you have told us now only serve me make it more so." Pauses for a moment as if to think what course of action could be taken.

"I agree with you Fethen, we need to find the source or cause of the magic to this place, end it or alter it in some way so that we can all leave this place." Drake moves to sit opposite Fethen a few feet away holding his chin as if in deep thought.

Drake sits up realizing he hadn't introduced himself as of yet and dropped his arm back down to his lap. "You'll have to forgive me, my name is Drake, usually I introduce myself sooner, but as we can all agree, these circumstances are not usual."

Thalmor
2008-01-30, 06:12 PM
Turning to glade, It been years since I last saw him, the grand opening of our new mine it was, so I did not know he was even missing.

Thoric pauses for a moment, before continuing. Aye, Drake these circumstances are most unusual. I don't know much about magic, but when it comes to cracking a few skulls, now there I can offer some expertise. Pounding his fist into his hand for emphasis.

Scratching his beard Thoric says. Me Thinks, resting in the prudent corse of action at the moment. How does the pocket dimension thing of yours work. Thoric cringes at the thought of getting stuck in the pocket dimension.

EloquentRune
2008-01-30, 08:00 PM
"Well met, all of you." Glade a bit relieved at the introductions of the variety of companions that it seems he shall now be traveling with.

"I too am interested in the pocket dimension that you can create. I am not familiar with that kind of magic."

Greyen
2008-01-31, 12:15 AM
Fethen

Fethen stands and pulling out some rope and something from a pouch at his waist he begins to cast a simple spell. Rising into the air in front of him, one knotted end of the rope climbs up and seems to dissappear into the air. The rest of the rope hangs outside, still suspended from seeminly nothing.

Fethen finishes and grabs the rope and shoulders his pack. He says pointing a finger at his torch Up the rope after me. and then begins to climb. After a moment his head and then shoulders dissappear into the air(?), almost as if he climbed through the window of an invisible building. A moment later the torch pops out followed by Fethen's head and shoulders. Come on up, its perfectly safe.

As you climb up and in you enter a flat, area that is featureless except for what you and Fethen have brought in. Roughly circular and gray in color there should be enough room for easily 8 creatures to rest in comfort. You can see out through the window you just crawled through.


Inside the (Extended to 9hrs) rope trick Fethen is having his Unseen Servant set up his bedroll.

EloquentRune
2008-01-31, 09:52 AM
Glade impressed by the display follows up after Fethen to look into what he created.

"This trick of yours must be quite helpful. I can see many practical uses for it. However..." Glade looks out the opening of the pocket dimension and saw that his companion would have a slight problem with this. Glade climbed back down the rope.

"Celebgul," He reached out and stroked the wolf's head, "you are to stay at this rope and stand guard. Rest and if anything comes I know that you shall warn me."

Thalmor
2008-01-31, 01:15 PM
Thoric grumbles to himself, Aye, I guess I best join everybody. As he climbs the rope, and finds himself a comfortable place to sleep.

Greyen
2008-01-31, 01:31 PM
Fethen

Fethen looks to Glade, Oh, I'm sorry. I had not thought about your friend. Next time I will make it lower to the ground. Would he object to being raised up here?

Tynuth
2008-01-31, 02:13 PM
Drake
Drake looks up as he climbs the oddity of a rope to nowhere and makes himself comfortable in the strange pockent dimension. "Very curious design..." Drake says absentmindedly as he touches the edge of the portal around the rope, examining it.

EloquentRune
2008-01-31, 11:50 PM
"It would be fine if you raise him into safety, but I believe he would wish to stand guard at the entrance no matter where he is on this rest. He has a very keen scent and is uncertain about this place."

Glade climbs back up the rope and into the unseen window.

Greyen
2008-02-01, 06:52 AM
Fethen

You can decide how you wish, I know it will not be restful for him out there. If he is raised up he can sleep just inside the window, it matters not to me. After that Fethen drops the matter.

Fethen looks around the small pocket dimension and walks to an unclaimed area. Dropping his pack and leaning against it. He instructs his Unseen Servant to hold the everburning torch Fethen begins to read and make notes in the note book he was showing you earlier. After a short while he begins to nod off. After head bobbing for a short bit he packs it up and rolls out his sleeping bag. Soon after he is fast asleep.

EloquentRune
2008-02-01, 08:56 AM
After considering it Glade managed to get Celebgul into the window and then found an open spot to rest. Glade then falls asleep beside his animal friend.

Timaoh
2008-02-01, 09:55 AM
You all sleep soundly throughout the night. No dreams or rogue thought's plague your minds as before. Whether magical protection or the use of the rope trick is responsible remains to be seen.

As you emerge from the rift created between dimensions in the form of a window and climb down the rope you all imediately notice the pressence of a new statued form standing within 5 ft of where you climbed up the night before. (Enter C.) The others remain where they were largely untouched. There is something that does not seem quite right although you cannot place your finger on it something seems to be missing. (spot checks anyone? DC:26)

Tynuth
2008-02-01, 10:18 AM
Climbing down the rope, Drake looks around and notices a statue that wasn't there before. (Spot Check: 13 + 9)

EloquentRune
2008-02-01, 10:33 AM
Glade wakes from the restful sleep he climbs down the rope and Celebgul leaps down after him.

He looks around and sees that a new statue appeared while they slept.
He speaks aloud to himself.
"Does this place need something from us so it calls us forth or is it that we are being punished for something we have or have yet to do? I truly wish to find my way out of this place, but until then I shall seek to learn all that I can about it."
As the other wake from their sleep he states, "I do believe that we should continue what you were doing Fethen, maybe we should seek to claim a key to the door you spoke of. Who knows what answers might be just beyond its portal. What do the rest of you think?"


Spot Check [roll0]

Thalmor
2008-02-01, 10:50 AM
Aye, There be another one here. Pointing at the new statue in the room. Thoric glances around the room to see what else he can see.

Spot> [roll0]

Greyen
2008-02-01, 02:04 PM
Fethen

Fethen wakes chipper and refreshed. He eats a small amount of his rations and sits and studies a slim volume that he pulls from within his shirt.
-OOC Prepping Spells, same listed on Char sheet-

After that he is the last to climb out of the Rope Trick and catches the rope as ir release from the pocket dimension. He coils it up as the others are inspecting the new statue. After packing that away he walks to the others and looks closely at the new statue.

Well, it looks like another has arrived. Maybe I can awaken him. If I petrify then do not try to save me. The rules of this place may have changed I am unsure. If I do petrify, what ever controls this place no longer wishes andy of the previous group that I traveled with to be awake. You will neeed to carry on. He sets his back pack down and shakes his hands free of his cuffs.

Stepping close to the statue he prepares himself for pain and grasps the statue.

Timaoh
2008-02-01, 04:02 PM
The stonework of the statues standing around you is masterful, even the irregularities of life and subtle flaws of humanity are conveyed precisely. There is no sign of natural flaw in the stonework or any variation in colouring of the stone except where it might be expected to contrast skin, hair, and clothing. You almost expect a breeze to ruffle their hair and clothing so still and lifelike they appear. Even in all the dwarven lands there has never been such splendid masonry as what lays before you. The hands that carved it must be masterful in their precision and dexterity to lovingly carve such supple creations. If it were natural. You know, they are not!


SPOT DC -15: As you gaze about the room you notice that there are row upon row of statues in a dizzying array of poses and from all the races you have seen, even some you have not. The statues nearest you seem pristine and unaged although there are others within the room that have been affected by time or other unfortunate circumstances. Missing limbs and even shattered remains of some statues liter the floor of the enormous cavern.

LISTEN DC - 15: Although unnoticable at first in the silence of the chamber over the sound of your own rapid breathing. Soon you become accustomed to your own sounds and the rhythm of your heart and are able to notice other similar sounds nearby. Faint rhythms that are almost undetectable.


Fethen

Standing alone and uncertain in the darkness you feel your hand growing cold where you touched the statue. Then you notice with fascination as the statue's arm regains some of it's lost colour. The grey slowly fading from where it was touched, as you remove your hand the colour slowly fades leaving stone in it's place once again. At the same time your own hand turns pale and grey leaving a terrible pain in it's place.

As Fethen grasps the statue firmly his prolonged contact returns more life to the statue until it is finally able to move of it's own accord. Fethen falls lifeless to the stone at the feet of the statue as laundry pulled from the clothesline might on a still day. Lying there crumpled in an uncomfortable position a slight moan escapes his lips.

EloquentRune
2008-02-01, 06:22 PM
"<insert elven cuss word here>!, Fethen!"

Glade rushes over to his side and places his hand upon Fethen's chest. Glade lifts his own face to the ceiling, closes his eyes and whispers aloud an incantation that has a relaxing tone to it. The hand laying upon Fethen's chest glows a soft green and an energy transfers between them.

Cure moderate wounds:
[roll0]

"Is that any better?" He asks as he knows the healing has taken effect.

Greyen
2008-02-01, 06:48 PM
Fethen

Fethen gasps for breath and curls into a tight ball for a moment as racking coughs over take him. He sits shivering for minute waving off any help. After a moment he stands and rubbing his own belt he heals him self.


Using charge for the belt
Charge 1 [roll0]


Strightening his clothes he lets out a small ouch

cintain
2008-02-01, 09:12 PM
Where... what...?

The man awoken by Fethen's hand blinks and looks around. His hair is fiery red, his eyes bright green, and his expression hardened as if made of chiseled stone. Seeing all of you, he whirls around reaching for something in his belt and crouches down slightly in readiness, both hands at the handle of his crossbow. You all can see the rich embroidered markings on the sleeves of a tunic underneath a dirty white cloak.

Wide-eyed and startled, the newcomer's attention shifts rapidly, taking in the cave chamber, the statues, then darting back to each of you.

All right, he says as he straightens up and lets one hand relax to his side, Where am I and who are you?

Thalmor
2008-02-02, 05:23 PM
Me Name be Thoric, as for where we are that might take a little longer to figure out. Seems we have all be brought here for some reason. Fethen (nods in Fethen's direction) here might be best able to ans any of your other questions about this place.

Thoric grumbles, Once your caught up I think it might be prudent to set out and figure out what we can find out about this place.

cintain
2008-02-03, 12:22 AM
Speaking in perfect Dwarven, the stranger replies,

Well met, then, master dwarf, thank you. My name is Markus Marabigul, adept of the Mind he says.

Looking at Fethen, Markus takes a bow and speaks in Common again. Your name is Fethen, then? I am Markus Marabigul. If you have any knowledge as to how I might have wound up here, I'll be grateful if you'd share it.

Markus looks around at the statues. What are these... he begins, intrigued, ...people?

EloquentRune
2008-02-03, 10:25 AM
"It seems as though they are people you came from a statue just like it, as did I, and I would assume all of these fine people."

"I am Glade and this is Celebgul," Glade points to his wolf companion, "welcome but I do think that we should set off soon and find out more about this place than good Fethen can tell us."

Greyen
2008-02-03, 10:33 AM
Fethen

Rubbing his belt one more time Fethen looks strengthened
[spoler][roll0][/spoiler]
He looks at the new comer and says The long and short of the situation is this; We are all trapped here like these pour souls Fethen indicates the statues We now must find our way free of this place and try to stop whatever is causing more people to become trapped. You had just appeared here and I freed you by nearly sacrificing my life force to break the chain of necromatic magic that kept you petrified. While a noble pursuit, I do not suggest it to anyone. It feels as if you are being frozen and having your souls sucked out through your fingertips. Fethen takes a deep breath and picks up his pack and readies his crossbow. Lets be off then. If everyone is ready? With out waiting for much of a reply Fethen sets off.

-OOC Heading the opposite direction the previous group did.

Timaoh
2008-02-03, 02:35 PM
As you walk deeper into the ominous shadows that surround your group newly formed out of necessity and a like-minded desire to return home you quickly come upon a wall. The wall approximately 100 ft from where you found each other stretches south and bends back to the east as well. It climbs higher than your light can reach with a slight tapper that does suggest that there is a ceiling high above your heads. The slight tremors continue and soon fade into background noise as your boddies become accostomed to the slight tremors that pass through your feet as a mere annoyance.

The vastness of the chamber seems diminished by the discovery of two bounding walls to the north and south. However you can surmise that it is an illusion and a hope that it does not stretch endlessly into the dark inky void that surrounds you and your allies.

Taking a moment to quietly survey the area around you in the feeble light provided by Fethen's torch you are unsure of which way to proceed. Further south? or along the wall as the others had done before? If only there was some way to illuminate more of the darkness that hampered movement and senses so completely...

MAP (http://timaoh.fileave.com/Maps/LitD(Day3b).jpg)

EloquentRune
2008-02-03, 08:55 PM
"I would suggest continuing in the direction we are going," Glade squints in the direction trying to see if he can make anything more out, "maybe if we add a little more light to the situation."

Glade raises his staff in the air and whispers "Galad." The staff lights up and is as bright as a torch.

"Maybe this can Help"

Timaoh
2008-02-03, 11:00 PM
The area directly around Glade fills with light but does nothing to light the area already illuminated by fethens magical torch.

The ground seems even enough and the wall fades into the darkness to the left of you.

cintain
2008-02-03, 11:52 PM
Well, thank you for saving me, Fethen, says Markus with a wry smile as his interloper turns away. I suppose we travel together in order to solve this mystery. I still didn't get all of your names, though.

...

There's... so many of them, mutters Markus as the party sets out. ...and you say you don't know what is causing this?

Markus looks at everything with the determined look of someone who has been underground before.

Greyen
2008-02-04, 02:06 AM
Fethen

Fethen waves off Markus' thanks When your time comes I hope you do the same. Let keep moving.

When the group comes to the corner, Fethen looks around and says to them I want to continue, sout, but I think we should connect this wall with the areas I previously have explored. Just to ensure that we have not missed anything. Fethen will stear the group over to the east if possible to make sure the whole area to the east is explored and mapped before moving on.

Timaoh
2008-02-04, 08:57 AM
Fethen

Fethen waves off Markus' thanks When your time comes I hope you do the same. Let keep moving.

When the group comes to the corner, Fethen looks around and says to them I want to continue, sout, but I think we should connect this wall with the areas I previously have explored. Just to ensure that we have not missed anything. Fethen will stear the group over to the east if possible to make sure the whole area to the east is explored and mapped before moving on.

East-North or East-South? It doesn't matter to me but it might matter to you :smallbiggrin:

Thalmor
2008-02-04, 11:05 AM
Thoric shrugs, Aye, I believe we should follow this wall to the east and south. And starts heading in that direction but stays 10 feet from the wall.

As he is walking he says over his shoulder, Fethen, what kind of creatures have you ran into sofay?

Greyen
2008-02-04, 01:17 PM
Fethen

So far all that we have run into was a phantom fungus. Mordun tried to reason with it but I think it became territorial and attacked us again. There is a fungus patch to the north.

EloquentRune
2008-02-04, 03:55 PM
"A patch of fungi, maybe if we come across more I may be able to have some affect on them. Nature is a wondrous thing. It is so unnatural here I am somewhat displaced."

Glade seeming a bit depressed from his voice slows down some and gets to the rear of the group spreading out the light some.

cintain
2008-02-04, 04:03 PM
I was just going to comment on that... I have traveled a fair bit underground, and this seems to be pretty deep. what do you think, master Thoric?

Looking around, Markus tries to make out the details of the cave they are in , as well as any remarkable features thereof.


just rolling spot for whatever I may notice... [roll0]

and dungeoneering for anything that I might recognize or notice strange about the cavern [roll1]

Timaoh
2008-02-04, 05:17 PM
As the groups presses on the wall to your left slowly slopes further east until finally Thoric signals for everyone to stop with an upraised hand. Up ahead of him you can barely make out an opening in the face of the wall you have been following. It is hard to tell whether it is a small pocket in the wall itself or the wall changing direction. Either way the dwarf's actions show that he believes it would be best to be cautious for now.

Map! (http://timaoh.fileave.com/Maps/LitD(Day3c).jpg)

(I would have had this up hours ago but i have been having problems with my map editing software. I apologize if this delay has caused some confusion.

Greyen
2008-02-05, 05:16 AM
Fethen

Fethen carefully lowers his crossbow and makes a note in his notebook. Then after stashing the notebook casts Unseen Servant, handing the torch to the invisible force. He directs it to move out a ways in front of the opening illuminating the area without endangering the rest of the group.

Thalmor
2008-02-05, 09:19 AM
Thoric wispers to Fethen, Are ye, sure it wisest to send the torch ahead like that, I could have just went up and peeked in the room.

Then he turns to face the area where the unseen servent is.

Timaoh
2008-02-05, 09:50 AM
You see a medium sized chamber with a small pool of water on the far side of the opening. The pool is less than 2 feet across but at least the water seems clean. There dont seem to be any tracks leading to or from the water as it continually drips from the ceiling. That could also be due to the stone floor not showing any tracks as well.

Greyen
2008-02-05, 04:37 PM
Fethen

Fethen steps into the small chamber checking ist out thoroughly before annotating anything in his notebook. When he is finished he motions to the rest that he is done.

search [roll0]Edit - Look Water!:smallbiggrin:

Thalmor
2008-02-05, 06:03 PM
After Fethen, completes his investigation, Thoric nod, and continues along the wall in the same general direction as before, motioning for the others to follow.

cintain
2008-02-05, 08:07 PM
Markus

Markus moves into the chamber after Fethen. He inspects the chamber, paying special attention to the pool, and then turning towards the roof to the source of the drip


[roll0]

EloquentRune
2008-02-05, 09:05 PM
Glade enters the chamber is interested very much in the pool and thinks to himself that the water seems peaceful. Seeing Thoric's motions he decidesa to follow in the direction the group was heading.

cintain
2008-02-06, 03:03 PM
Markus

Markus leans forward, crouching at the edge of the pool, and dips his hand in. He pulls out a small crystal from the bottom, straightens up, and inspects it closely.

I think there might be more to this place than initially meets the eye, he says with a grin. What do you make of this, friends? He holds out the crystal in his hand for the others to see, but doesn't let anyone just take it.

If the others have left the room, Markus simply mutters to himself and follows, pocketing the crystal. If anything else happens, well...

Greyen
2008-02-06, 03:42 PM
Fethen

Fethen glances over at Markus Good eye sir. May I examine it for a moment? Fethen looks at the crystal, examining it for any tell tale marks, or anything that might be magical before passing it back to Markus.


K:Aracna [roll0]
K:Planes [roll1]
K:religion [roll2]
Spellcraft [roll3] +/-2 depending on school if magical
Appraise [roll4]

EloquentRune
2008-02-06, 03:46 PM
Hearing Markus Glade turns around and goes over to him.

What is it you have found out? Glade looks at th crystal in Markus' hand. Did you pull that from the pool?

cintain
2008-02-06, 03:55 PM
Markus

Indeed,Markus answers to Glade before passing the crystal to Fethen. what do you make of it, Fethen?


Rolls to see what we learn from this thing, I should've put them in the last post....

1d20+6
1d20+7
[roll2]

cintain
2008-02-06, 03:57 PM
Markus

Indeed,Markus answers to Glade before passing the crystal to Fethen. what do you make of it, Fethen?


Rolls to see what we learn from this thing, I should've put them in the last post....


Let's try that again...

[roll0]
[roll1]

Thalmor
2008-02-07, 10:03 AM
Thoric looks at the gem and says, Nice find! If everyone is ready lets continue and see if we can find our way out of this place.

EloquentRune
2008-02-07, 10:17 AM
"I do think we should pay more attention to th details of this find but it would be nice to move on." Glade is very nervous about being here. "The faster we move and learn about our surroundings the faster we might be able to leave this place."

cintain
2008-02-07, 06:26 PM
Markus

Markus closes his fingers around the gem and puts it in a pouch on his belt.

I agree. Perhaps one of us is skilled in the magical arts and can delve if there is anything about this gem that escapes normal sight.

With that, Markus makes towards the entrance of the chamber following Thoric.

Timaoh
2008-02-07, 10:09 PM
Are you all continuing to follow the wall on your left?

cintain
2008-02-07, 11:19 PM
Markus

I'm following the dwarf for now, so ask him... :smalltongue:

EloquentRune
2008-02-07, 11:26 PM
I believe that we were continuing on in the direction we were originally going

Greyen
2008-02-07, 11:27 PM
Fethen

Remind me before we rest this evening, I will examine it more closely. Fethen says as he walks along. He is intent on examining everything. He makes notes and anotations every few feet in his notebook, not stopping to do so but on the move.

Thalmor
2008-02-08, 08:35 AM
Yes I do Believe, I did state that was my intended direction.

Timaoh
2008-02-08, 01:16 PM
As you proceed To follow the wall you notice that it continues to jut in and out causing small depressions in it's surface. Most of the small alcoves it creates are far too small to explore and even more are too shallow to warrant even a cursory examination. A few dozen feet further on you do discover a small 5ft depression with several shallow depressions dissappearing into the wall just large enough for an arm to fit snugly into the opening one of you could reach into the hole if you were so inclined. Other than that there is little worth notice in the room save a few scuff marks on the floor.

After continuing onwards for another 35 ft following the wall closely you notice another small alcove. this one stretches back 10-15ft and is 5ft wide at its widest points. It is a tight fit but could be explored more closely as well. All in all most of the wall is unremarkable except for the small outcroppings, overhangs, and the two alcoves.

(Go ahead and interact with either room or each other as you see fit.)

EloquentRune
2008-02-08, 05:13 PM
Having followed the group and then while searching taking a bit of a lead in the search. Came out of the first room. "I found this ring I feel as though it reminds me of something but I just can't quite place it. I am going to search the second alcove."

"There is evidence that we are not alone down here there are char marks which could have been from a fire, wood and cloth laying around not to mention little fleas that seem to like my taste." Glade rubs some bites on his arm.

cintain
2008-02-08, 09:26 PM
Markus

Markus observes his three companions as they search both alcoves from the entrance, pondering the gem and their situation. He listens to Glade as he comes out of the second alcove, then replies:

Well, I must say, back where the statues were, I noticed a pattern on the floor which reminds me of something I read once, about the Githzerai or the Githyanki, I'm not sure which. He looks at the gem once again before pocketing it. He waits until all three of them are out of the alcoves and then looks around.

I don't know if we're alone here or not, but I feel confident that this cave is not entirely natural. How about those holes on the wall of the first alcove? Maybe there's a mechanism to open some kind of door inside...

Greyen
2008-02-09, 03:24 AM
Fethen

Fethen examines the ring and hands it back. Let me think on it for a while, it does remind me of something I saw in my notes a while back. He looks to Markus and says Entirely possible, do you want to return there and examine those further?


Checks for the ring
Spellcraft [roll0] +/-2 depending on school
K: Arcana [roll1]
K: Religion [roll2]
K: Planes [roll3]
Appraise [roll4]
Many of the above may be useless but it never hurts to try.

Thalmor
2008-02-09, 10:02 AM
Thoric looks none impressed about having to go back to the statue room.. 'I think its best if we keep moving forward for now, get a better sense of where we are. Since this appears to be a underground structure of some type, I think we may end up back there sooner than we think. Or if you want to head back atleast lats take a little different path.

Greyen
2008-02-09, 10:10 AM
Fethen

Let us keep exploring we can always back track later. I would like to know the shape of this area and all of its exits, it any before we leave it. Anything can be a clue as to how to leave this place and break the magics of it.

Timaoh
2008-02-09, 10:19 AM
As the group sets out once again, you have the feeling that your direction has changed slightly... The walls seems to have curved more or less back towards where you have come from and althought it is difficult to discern directions deep within the earth it seems unusual all the same.

As you continue along the wall you come upon yet another opening. This one larger than the others and a putrid stench rising from within it speaks of refuse or possibly worse contents.

(Anyone who wants to go near/ into the opening needs to make a fort save dc:18 or vomit and be sickened)

EloquentRune
2008-02-09, 11:31 AM
"Ugh, That smell is horrible but the only way to learn more about ths place is to continue forwards."

Bringing his left arm up to his face trying to block the stench Glade moves towards the room.

Fort= [roll0]

that has the -1 in it

Timaoh
2008-02-09, 11:52 AM
As glade moves further into the entrance of the room you can hear wet slooshing noises as whatever is covering the floor sucks to his feet. The smell is coming from the goop on the ground, walls, cieling... pretty much everything in the room is covered with the stuff. A thick sludge that resembles raw sewage but smells much, much worse. You can see what appear to be bones and other large pieces of refuse sticking up out of the much scattered about the room. Some of the larger pieces seem to be scraps of wood and metal resembling discarded armor, weapons, and even some furniture.

Whatever this place is it almost reminds you of a dump with all the odds and ends you can see scattered around the room.

(Reflex save please EloquentRune DC:25)

As (Insert character name here) enters the cave he begins to have more and more trouble with his footing until eventually he is swallowed upto his midsection in the "crap" covering the floor. You do however find a staff while wading around in the muck and grime.

Greyen
2008-02-10, 01:45 AM
Fethen

Fethen does not enter the area unless necessary. He instead sits on his pack and takes a moment to flip through his spell book and then begin sketching again. He does bring out a hankerchief which he ties around his face and rolls up his sleeves, waiting for the others to return so he can clean them with some minor magics.

cintain
2008-02-10, 08:49 PM
Markus

When he hears the sound of Glade's footsteps, Markus advances behind him, leans in closer, and examines the muck that covers the surfaces of the room (without wading into it).


[roll0]
[roll1]

EloquentRune
2008-02-10, 09:42 PM
Glade

oh yeah totally walked into that one

As Glade wades through the muck and is swallowed to the waist he mutters to himself... "Why do I always go forwards without question?"

"Please tell me one of you has some rope. I'm stuck in this horrible mess but seem to have found a staff of some sort."

Greyen
2008-02-10, 11:51 PM
Fethen

Fethen looks up and digs in his pack for a moment before hauling out a coil of rope. Holding one end he tosses the other end to Glade. See if you can get a sample of that nesty stuff for me, eh?

EloquentRune
2008-02-11, 08:38 AM
Glade

Heh. I really don't think that is going to be a problem. Glade grabs the rope and tries to pull himself out

Str Check [roll0]

Thalmor
2008-02-11, 08:43 AM
Thoric

Looking at whats happening infront of him, Thoric says, Yea might need a little muscle there, as he grabs the rope to help Fethen plull Glade out.

Timaoh
2008-02-11, 09:58 AM
As you all try to pull Glade out of the muck you can see slight ripples and movement on the surface of the muck and refuse. (If you passed your spot) The muck seems to be all manner of debris and refuse ranging from table scraps to furniture and the stench confirms that most of it has decayed. As you all struggle mightily to free Glade and are about to do so large stalks can be seen rising above the muck. The appendages appear large and have spiney barbs protruding from a leaf-like appendage at the very end of the stalks.

The creature surges forwards and raising itself above the muck and refuse that surrounds it. It stops 5 feet from Glade and opening it's mouth wide bearing all its teeth it lets out a very fetid breath of air and waits...


(fort save dc: 10 or sickened from the breath, DC 20 Knowledge to know it is an Otyugh. 20+ will reveal more information.)

Check the map ooc for more information. It will be updated once combat starts with everyone's actual positions.

Greyen
2008-02-11, 02:04 PM
Fethen

Fethen's head snaps up as the beast lumbers forth An otyugh, a filth beast! Fascinating. But I think it is also hostile. Dropping his crossbow to hand from its cord he snaps off a quick spell that launches a green orb at the thing.


Lesser Orb of Acid
To Hit - Ranged Touch Attack - [roll0]
Acid Damage [roll1]
No Save

Timaoh
2008-02-11, 02:11 PM
Even as Fethen completes his spell launching the acid orb the rest of his mind and his subconcious does some quick math... "If the creature can move at a rate of 30ft... and it was 20 ft away. Assuming it moved twice it might have still been able to attack... however the terrain we find to be difficult might not necessarily be so for a creature of it's size... which would mean it could have attacked and yet didn't. It might not have been hostile after all..."

cintain
2008-02-11, 07:21 PM
Markus

Markus leans back against the edge of the entrance when the creature rises, looking from Glade to the beast and back to the elf as he clings to the rope. Things happen to quickly for him to do anything else as Fethen hurls his magic at the creature.

Markus waits, his mind already going through the convoluted pathways that will unleash his brutal assault on the creature's mind...

EloquentRune
2008-02-11, 11:08 PM
Glade

Glade noticing that the creature has not attacked him even though he is so close moves back 5ft and then ties to him tries to calm the creature using his natural empathy with beasts.

Realizing that that won't work right off Glade holds his says a simple incantation and the glowing quarterstaff glows a different shade for a moment and then looks as if it hadn't changed
I cast shillelagh on my quarterstaff takes a standard action I wont move but I did use a 5 ft step

Thalmor
2008-02-14, 04:24 PM
Thoric

As Thoric rushes to the defense of Glade, he comments Yea be a right ugly bugger, arn't yea. Then takes a might swing with his waraxe.

Timaoh
2008-02-15, 08:55 AM
The creature sitting on it's heap of garbage mere inches from Glade screams as the orb of acid splatters against it's strange hide causing it to scream horribly. The scream barely starts as it is interupted by the stury form of Thoric swinging a mighty axe into the creature (reflex save dc 10 Thoric) The blow connects solidly and the creature continues to scream with renewed volume and vigor. As the creature moves back into the refuge of it's garbage mound (aoo from Thoric if he passes his reflex save) It lashes out at Thoric with all the strength it can muster.


[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
If sucessful grappled

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
If sucessful Pinned

If either grapple is sucessful
[roll8]
[roll9]

If bite hits and damages Fort save DC:14
DEX [roll10]
CON [roll11]
INCUBATION [roll12]

OTYUGH2 [roll13]
OTYUGH3 [roll14]



As the creature lashes out at Thoric it reels as though slamed by some invisible force letting go of the dwarf and his armor immediately dropping him to the ground. Thoric lands gently (for a dwarf) with a loud crash on his feet and readies himself for another bout with the creature as two more forms rise out of the refuse and debris flanking the Otyugh that is already visible.

Greyen
2008-02-15, 09:25 AM
Fethen

Fethen watches the action as the otyugh backs away and others rise to assist in the fight. He backs away and to the side of the action clearing himself from the melee but keeping line of sight. He then begins to cast again a greyish blob shooting out from his outstretched finger. The blob explodes behind the center Otyugh capturing all three in sticky webs. A few whispy strands catch Thoric but do not hinder him.


Move back 20 ft and to the side a little, giving myself room to manuever if one of them rushes.

Cast Web (20 ft radius burst) centered so that it will catch all 3 Otyughs.
Reflex save DC 16 Duration 60 minutes



From the SRD -
Web
Conjuration (Creation)
Level: Sor/Wiz 2
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Effect: Webs in a 20-ft.-radius spread
Duration: 10 min./level (D)
Saving Throw: Reflex negates; see text
Spell Resistance: No
Web creates a many-layered mass of strong, sticky strands. These strands trap those caught in them. The strands are similar to spider webs but far larger and tougher. These masses must be anchored to two or more solid and diametrically opposed points or else the web collapses upon itself and disappears. Creatures caught within a web become entangled among the gluey fibers. Attacking a creature in a web wonít cause you to become entangled.
Anyone in the effectís area when the spell is cast must make a Reflex save. If this save succeeds, the creature is entangled, but not prevented from moving, though moving is more difficult than normal for being entangled (see below). If the save fails, the creature is entangled and canít move from its space, but can break loose by spending 1 round and making a DC 20 Strength check or a DC 25 Escape Artist check. Once loose (either by making the initial Reflex save or a later Strength check or Escape Artist check), a creature remains entangled, but may move through the web very slowly. Each round devoted to moving allows the creature to make a new Strength check or Escape Artist check. The creature moves 5 feet for each full 5 points by which the check result exceeds 10.
If you have at least 5 feet of web between you and an opponent, it provides cover. If you have at least 20 feet of web between you, it provides total cover.
The strands of a web spell are flammable. A magic flaming sword can slash them away as easily as a hand brushes away cobwebs. Any fire can set the webs alight and burn away 5 square feet in 1 round. All creatures within flaming webs take 2d4 points of fire damage from the flames.
Web can be made permanent with a permanency spell. A permanent web that is damaged (but not destroyed) regrows in 10 minutes.
Material Component: A bit of spider web.

If one of them does come near him Abrupt Jaunt 10ft away at a diagonal, as an immediate action.

Thalmor
2008-02-15, 09:33 AM
THORIC

As the creature attempts to back away from Thoric, he takes a swing with his axe and digs it deep into the under belly of the creature. Then says Take that ya garbage surfer.

Looking around the room he sees the other two Otyugh. Looking at the Otyugh he just attacked Yea had to call you buddies didn't ya?

EloquentRune
2008-02-15, 01:03 PM
Glade

Glade now that his weapon has been imbued with the magical properties of nature steps forwards to the creature closest to himself and swings his staff attacking it.

"You should know better than to attack a good dwarf, you foul creature."

Attack= [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Timaoh
2008-02-16, 03:57 PM
As Glade rushes in to attack the creature and Thoric attacks as well. They both sucessfully bring the Otyugh down by overwhelming it with a frontal assault. As the Otyugh falls the other two seem maddened by the loss. Their tentacles whip about with renewed speed and furry.

Thoric manages to evade two quick lashes as tentacles explode through the air around the dwarf missing him by inches. Debris and filth fly around him as the tentacles move quickly through the heap of garbage.

Glade expertly dodges the first tentacle but fails to see the tactic as a feint as the other tentacle sweeps in from the other side slamming into his ribs with alarming strength and speed. <6 damage> The tentacle grips hard and tries to drag him towards the Otyugh's awaiting maw spread wide. Fetid fumes waft forward as the druid struggles in the Otyugh's grasp even as it moves away dragging the ill-fated human along with it. (opposed grapple. 13 or more means you don't take 6 damage and struggle free.)

Once again a blow shakes the Otyugh from an unseen source as it seems to reel in pain at the unexpected mental barrage from Markus.

Greyen
2008-02-17, 01:24 AM
Fethen

Taking a momnet to dig a small metal shield out of a pocket of his vest, Fethen again summons arcane power as a translucent shimmer washes over him for a moment. He then closes distance to the fight to get a clear shot next round. As he walks he readies his crossbow.


Cast Greater Mage Armor +6 AC for 6 hours

Move in 20 ft to next to Markus and ready my crossbow for next round.

Abrupt Jaunt again if something attacks Fethen to interupt the attack

Timaoh
2008-02-17, 09:14 AM
Otyugh #3 takes this opportunity to feast on Glade. Continuing to hold him with it's tentacle the creature lashes out with one and then the other beating Glade into submission.



[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
If sucessful Glade is pinned
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
If sucessful Glade's Weapon is disarmed otherwise he is pinned.
[roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9]

If glade is pinned the creature will move back 5 ft

Thalmor
2008-02-17, 01:29 PM
As Thoric navigates his way through the filty muck, towards the creature in the NE corner he yells, Drop him ya filty mongrel.

cintain
2008-02-17, 02:19 PM
Markus

Seeing with despair that the battle has progress into a full-blown melee, Markus winces and takes out his crossbow. He lowers his head and concentrates, attempting to take out the aberration furthest from the fray before it becomes a threat to the others.

Timaoh
2008-02-17, 02:43 PM
The creature reels as the dwarf moves away once again caught by a blast as Markus' eyes glow brightly as he levels the crossbow aiming at the creature as it chases the dwarf through the muck still trying to land a blow.


I realised i never rolled this.

I also need a new STR check to continue moving.
[roll=Str]1d20+

if i beat or meet 15 on my str check.

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Timaoh
2008-02-17, 02:44 PM
[roll0]

words because forum is stupid.

Greyen
2008-02-17, 02:49 PM
Fethen

-New Round? If not use this action next round, if necessary.

Fethen takes aim and pulls the trigger on his crossbow. Edit: Fethen swears and grins sheepishly, having forgotten to put a bolt in it after casting. He carefully reloads while keeping an eye out for trouble.


To Hit [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Abrupt Jaunt to escape if attacked

Timaoh
2008-02-17, 03:04 PM
Otyugh #2 Swings wildly at the air as Thoric moves out of it's reach. Tangling itself in the webs it lashes out with it's tentacles trying to break free but is unsucessful. It watches helplessly as it's brother Tommy gets to have all the fun playing with the adventurers. A single tear rolls down the enraged Otyugh's cheek as it becomes frustrated with the unfair nature of Otyugh existence.

@ Fethen - Not a new round yet... or is it? I'm having alot of trouble tracking this combat for some reason.

EloquentRune
2008-02-17, 05:05 PM
Glade

Having been grappled by the creature Glade tries break free from the creatures grasp.

Str check [roll0]
What do I have to roll to see if I still have my weapon in hand?

EloquentRune
2008-02-17, 09:02 PM
ok 3 grapple checks coming up

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

can you tell me what I get for that?

Greyen
2008-02-19, 01:36 AM
Fethen

HP: 31/31
AC: 18/16/12
<Greater Mage Armor>

Fethen fires his crossbow at the otyugh and begins to reload.


I can't get at the map from work..so whichever is still alive.

To Hit [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Thalmor
2008-02-19, 09:52 AM
Thoric

HP: 63/63
AC: 18/15/12 (ac/ff/ta)
<Dodge versus Creature #3>
saves 8/4/3 (F/R/W) (since you are doing saves)

As the creature continues to dangle Glade about like a ragdoll, Thoric takes two mighty swings athe the Otyugh #3.



[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Timaoh
2008-02-22, 12:23 AM
The Otyugh holding Glade crushes him in it's grasp as it lashes out at Thoric with the other tentacle barely missing as the Dwarf lies prone. It brings Glade closer and bites down hard. The only thing that saves Glade from perferation is his armor.



[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

If sucessful the Otyugh will bite Glade.

[roll3]
[roll4]

There will be a poison saveing throw if the bite hits.


With the other tentacle the creature lashes out at Thoric before it retreats.
[roll5] +4 for being prone.
[roll6]
[roll7] free grapple
[roll8]

If the grapple suceeds.
[roll9]


The other Otyugh breaks free of the webs and manages to remain free as it moves to join its kin.
[roll10]

If sucessful it will move north-East towards the other Otyugh.

Greyen
2008-02-22, 01:27 AM
Fethen

Hmm, looks like it mught be time for a little more risk... Fethen lowers his crossbow to hang from its dummy-cord. He steps closer to the creatures and raising his hands he shouts in a harsh and sibillant tounge <draconic>Ca- -tic -Mo-- green ooze sprays from his out stretched hands striking out at the creatures.


HP: 31/31
AC: 18/16/12
<Greater Mage Armor>

Free move to drop crossbow...lower it to hang from it cord.
Move action to move to 15ft from nearest Otyugh, out of their reach I believe.
Standard Action to use Acidic Splatter
To hit (ranged touch) [roll0] EDIT- the forum roller really pisses me off some times- that 2 nat 1's for attacks in one combat. :smallfurious:
Damage [roll1]

cintain
2008-02-23, 10:50 AM
Markus

Unable to concentrate properly with all the racket, Markus lifts his crossbow and takes aim at the Otyugh furthest from the fight (which he still cannot see).


[roll0]
[roll1]
Aberration bane damage
[roll2]

EloquentRune
2008-02-23, 04:37 PM
GLADE

HP: 29/35
AC: 16 Touch:12 FF:14
Saves: 5/3/7 (f/r/w)

Glade tries once again to free himself from the grasps of the creature

Strength check to get out of grapple[roll0]

cintain
2008-02-24, 12:21 PM
Markus

HP 31/31
AC 10 (don't ask)
PP 44/49

Markus reloads his crossbow with grim determination and fires at the Otyugh.


[roll0]
[roll1]
Aberration Bane damage
[roll2]

Timaoh
2008-02-24, 01:14 PM
As Otyugh2 moves over the corpse of it's fallen ally towards Thoric it lashes out with it's tentacles as he lies prone in the muck. The tentacles connect solidly where before they narrowly missed. The dwarf struggles to fend them off but is at a severe disadvantage on his back as Otyugh1 and then Otyugh2 both latch firmly onto opposite sides of his body lifting him into the air playing a sadistic game of tug-o-war as he tries not to scream in pain.
<2,4,2,4,2 Dmg> <14 total> and you are pinned in mid air as they try to grapple you.

Glade doesn't fare much better as the Otyugh he has been wrestling free from regains its hold on him as it stikes with its limb again. <11 dmg>

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]

[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]

Greyen
2008-02-24, 02:18 PM
Fethen

Fethen moves a step to his left and fires another green bolt of acid at the Otyugh grappling Glade.


Round 5
HP: 31/31
AC: 18/16/12
<Greater Mage Armor>

To Hit [roll0] ranged touch
Damage [roll1]

Thalmor
2008-02-24, 03:36 PM
Thoric

HP: 63/63
AC: 18/15/12 (ac/ff/ta)
<Dodge versus Creature #3>
saves 8/4/3 (F/R/W)

As Thoric struggles between both Otyughs he yells Put Me down ya foul smelling grabge junkies


[roll0]

EloquentRune
2008-02-24, 08:43 PM
Glade
HP: 18/35
AC: 16 Touch:12 FF:14
Saves: 5/3/7 (f/r/w)

"I'm tired of this beast being on me! [insert loud grunt]"

Glade attempts to change his form into that of a leopard

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/leopard.htm

Timaoh
2008-02-25, 01:56 PM
since we are just waiting on Cintain's action for this round i figure i'll post mine now and he can post his round 5 action later. It shouldn't interupt too much.

Otyugh3 moves in to finish off the man-cat it now holds in it's grip and tries to taste it's flesh no longer fearful of eating a human that is also a beast. It tightens it's grip on Glade so that it can sink it's teeth in. <14 dmg total> Otyugh2 swings at Thoric wile dangling him a few feet off the ground with it's other tentacle and barely manages to hit the squirming dwarf as he wriggles in it's grasp trying to break free. The Otyugh crushes the dwarf attempting to stop him from escaping. <9 dmg total> Both Otyughs seem content to consentrate on their individual prizes although Otyugh2 still hasn't tried to taste the dwarf.

cintain
2008-02-25, 10:50 PM
Markus
Round 6

HP 31/31
AC 10 (don't ask)
PP 44/49

Cursing under his breath for his lack of forethought, Markus lowers his crossbow and takes one step forward and to his right so he can see the third creature. He brings his free hand to his temple while his eyes narrow.


Manifesting an augmented Inflict Pain on Otyugh No. 2 and Otyough No. 3. The beasts must roll a Will save vs. DC 17 or receive a -4 penalty to attacks, skill checks, and ability checks. If they succeed on the save they still take a -2 penalty.

Timaoh
2008-02-26, 08:39 AM
The Otyughs writhe in agony as they psychic energy hits them. dc:17
[roll0]
[roll1]

Otyugh2 Spasms uncontrollably as it's body is filled with pain. It drops those it was holding as it's tentacles wave frantically looking for the source of the pain. Unable to find it the Otyugh begins to tear at it's flesh with the sharp barbs of it's tentacles. <4 dmg> Trying to find relief any way it can to stop the pain that has no source.
Otyugh3 more distirbed by the actions of the other Otyugh that it has been by anything else blanches noticeably as it begins to wave its tentacles frantically. Otyugh3 however still clings to Thoric tenaciously.

Greyen
2008-02-26, 09:22 AM
Fethen

Fethen again unleashes more green energy at the Otyugh holding the cat (#3).


Round 6
HP: 31/31
AC: 18/16/12
<Greater Mage Armor>

To Hit [roll0] ranged touch
Damage [roll1]

EloquentRune
2008-02-27, 01:10 PM
Glade
HP: 18/35
AC: 16 Touch:12 FF:14
Saves: 5/3/7 (f/r/w)

The leopard growls and wrestles the beast trying to become ungrappled

1d20+3

Timaoh
2008-02-27, 02:11 PM
The Otyughs are disheartened at losing their prey as they slip through their tentacles and drop to the muck belows. Slashing and swinging their vinelike appendages to no avail the Otyughs are enmaddened by the Daring escapes of Glade and Thoric.

Round 7

Thalmor
2008-02-27, 02:33 PM
Thoric
(Round7)
HP: 40/63
AC: 17/15/12 (ac/ff/ta)
<Dodge versus Creature #3>
saves 8/4/3 (F/R/W)

Now sufficently annoyed looks at the creature infront of him and says To tough for yea to rip apart, eh. He then swings his axe at Otyugh #3.



[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

If I drop it I will use cleave to attack O#3.

If I drop it on the first attack
[roll4]
If I drop it on the second
[roll5]
And damage if I get to hit O#2
[roll6]

Greyen
2008-02-27, 02:58 PM
Fethen

Swearing under his breath for missing and breathing a sigh of relief at his companions escape he lets loose with another bolt of acid.


Round 7
HP: 31/31
AC: 18/16/12
<Greater Mage Armor>

To Hit [roll0] ranged touch Otyugh #2
Damage [roll1]

Abrupt Jaunt 10 feet back if they approach.

Timaoh
2008-02-27, 03:30 PM
In a hail of dwarven furry and the glint of mithral the first Otyugh goes down and Thoric turns his attention to the remaining one and SLices his axe into the body of the Other Otyugh lodging it there as the shudders in the ground have barely faded as the corpse of the Otyugh hits the floor causing it to tremble violently.

The second Otyugh alarmed by the shiny piece of metal protruding from it is even more suprised as acid slams into it's body. Although the orb glaces off harmlessly the Otyugh seems annoyed at the interuption.

EloquentRune
2008-02-28, 02:47 PM
Glade

HP: 18/35
AC: 15 Touch:14 FF:11
Saves: 5/7/2 (f/r/w)

Glade faces the creature that had held him down for that long time and lashes out against it. First Glade tries to bite it and then tries to smack it with his claws.

"Growl"

Bite Attack [roll0]
Bite Damage [roll1]
Claw attack 1 [roll2]
Claw Damage 1[roll3]
Claw Attack 2 [roll4]
Claw Damage 2 [roll5]

cintain
2008-02-28, 06:30 PM
Markus
Round 7

HP 31/31
AC 10
PP 39/49

Markus looks at the battle and shakes his head. He then walks over to Fethen and says, I think we might be able to contain the beasts better if we get Glade and Thoric out of there. What do you think?

He then turns to the monsters and brings his hand to his temple, muttering some kind of incantation as he frowns.


Manifesting augmented mind thrust on Otyugh No. 3. Save DC is 16 (success negates).
[roll0]

Timaoh
2008-02-28, 07:06 PM
The Otyugh grunts as the cat slams into it rending the creatue's tough hide with claw and fang. The creature shudders noticeably as huge chunks fly under Glade's assault and for a moment seems as though it will topple but doesn't. A few heartbeats later the creature's eyes go wide as it falls limp into the muck to join the other two lifeless corpses that liter the garbage strewn contents of the crevice.

Round 8

The End!

cintain
2008-02-28, 08:31 PM
Markus


... or maybe not, says Markus answering his own question when he sees the last of the garbage monsters fall.

You know, those things were put here for some purpose. They might even have been trained, judging by their intial reaction. I think we should tread very carefully,

He looks at Thoric and Glade, I think both of you'll agree with me, next time we enter a seemingly empty room, we should be more... reserved.

He then turns to Fethen and says, we should think of some kind of basic strategy to deal with threats. Seeing your abilities, I am certain that you have some tricks up your sleeve that could have been used on those monsters as a group, were it not for the presence of... allies in their midst.

Markus then walks out of the chamber, sits by the door, and begins his meditation exercise.


become psionically focused (hope this doesn't take too long...)
[roll0]

Greyen
2008-02-29, 05:33 AM
Fethen

Fethen looks around at his companions and steps up to Thoric. Hold still for a moment. Fethen channels light from his belt with a touch into Thoric.

As he does so he says to Markus You are correct about tactics. I am not the best mage for fighting but some of the spells I do know are largely for area effect.
The he says to everyone,
I did notice something before the fighting started, which may ahve been my fault and I apologize if it wwas but, it seemed that the otyugh was waiting for something. Maybe some of these creatures we find in this place have been tended to or domesticated by the keeper or caretaker of this place. The phantom fungus I encountered earlier almost seemed to have a similar reaction. It is only that both of these encounters seemed to be less reactive to our presence than many monsters I have fought in the past. Perhaps they are more used to humanoid foot traffic in the area.

When he is finished channeling healing energy into Thoric he stands back That is all I can do today.

Healing belt - healing Thoric
Charge 1 [roll0]
Charge 2 [roll1]
Charge 3 if needed by Thoric[roll2] if not then Fethen will use it on Glade

Thalmor
2008-02-29, 09:01 AM
Thoric

HP: 63/63
AC: 18/15/12 (ac/ff/ta)
saves 8/4/3 (F/R/W)

As Thoric pull his Axe from the last of the dead creatures, he nod his agreement to Markus. Indeed, as this mess, motioning his arm around the room, is not the ideal battle field.

To Fethen he says, Aye, they did seem to pause for a moment, we had best becarefully not to let this to cause us to hesitate when action would be the best. After being healed he comments, Thats a handy belt you have.

Timaoh
2008-02-29, 09:03 AM
Everyone moving through the muck still needs reflex saves. Time for some comedic relief. I mean most of you guys are covered in the gunk already but it's still funny if you fall.

cintain
2008-02-29, 10:27 AM
Markus

Markus walks back into the room after briefly stepping out, and looks around.

I also noticed that the Otyugh did not attack outright. Perhaps we will get to use that to our advantage later. I am concerned, though. Aberrations of different sorts are usually found together. I dread to find out what kind of creature would keep an Otyugh as a pet.

Markus looks around, What shall we do now? I'd be up to do some more exploring, but if you want to go back and regroup, I would also enjoy studying those markings on the floor of the cave where we started.

EloquentRune
2008-02-29, 03:35 PM
Glade
HP:24/35
AC: 16 Touch:12 FF:14
Saves: 5/3/7 (f/r/w)

After flailing around in the muck for a bit Glade returns to his human form.

Don't know why I didn't do that sooner.

He stretches his back picks up his still glowing staff, and then goes over to the stuff he had found before the attack.

"Guys, I found a staff over here before the attack and some other things that may or may not be useful."

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Greyen
2008-03-03, 08:41 AM
Fethen

Fethen looks around and waves everyone over to him. Lets get cleaned up and if anyone wants they can dig through that refuse. I for one am willing to stand aside and wait. With that he steps out into the entrance of the area and points his finger at himself. The refuse seems to wash off of him as he points of himself. He then will point to anyone else who approaches for cleaning.

-OOC Prestidigitation for 'cleaning'

Thalmor
2008-03-03, 08:55 AM
Thoric

After searching and falling down numerous times Thoric looks at himself and realizes he is covered in muck. Aye Fethen I think a cleaning will be most welcome, and proceded to head out of the area.



[roll0]

[roll1]

cintain
2008-03-07, 06:00 PM
Markus

After everybody is out of the Otyugh room and back at the room with the statues, Markus leans into a half-crouch and says to no-one in particular: This looks like Gith work... most definitely.

He looks up. Well, there's our answer about whether this cave was natural or artificial. I would like to study the rest of the markings, see if I can glean anything else from them. Fethen, do you have any previous experience with the gith, or with mind flayers? Where the ones go, the others are never far behind, unfortunately...


Rolling for any additional information I can get from studying the markings, if everyone is OK with sitting around while I look at them. Anything I learn I'll communicate to the rest of the party.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Greyen
2008-03-07, 11:13 PM
Fethen

Fethen shakes his head No, I have only read about them. I have studied some of their talents extensively though. Fethen begins walking around the markings on the floor while sketching out the markings.


Sketch [roll0]
k:Arcana [roll1]
k:planes[roll2]
k:religion[roll3]
k:Arch&eng[roll4]
Spellcraft [roll5]

Timaoh
2008-03-08, 10:31 AM
Fethen

After going through about 3 sheets of vellum you finally get the dimensions and markings to work together although you get the idea that they keep shifting subtly even as you watch but you can't quite discern how or in what method/manner they are changing as they continually resemble your sketches while appearing 'off'.
There is little more you can discern from studying the markings as the intricacy and the sheer scale of the sigil. (That is surely what it is.) Is enormous and would take you several years to study with a full team of experts such as yourself.

Markus
Dredging your mind for any clues or links to this exact marking as you walk around it seems to be in vain as you complete one full circuit of the markings and are still unsure of their design, intent, and importance. After a few more minutes spent in silent contemplation you think about the nature of your travel to this place and the others as well. With this new though held firmly in your subconcious you move over the markings again. This time you notice hidden in among all the other runes a repeating pattern of runes that mark teleportation in the Gith tongue. Elated you tell the others of your findings and try to explain even as they confess that they see nothing. Even Fethen does not seem to be able to see the patterns as clearly as you are able to.
The more hours you spend the more sigils you can find pertaining to different aspects of the ring of runes and etchings marked into the floor... (how many hours do you spend?)

The suggestion to study seems like a good one at first but as minutes drag on into hours and time dwindles by for those fo you not studying you quickly become bored and disinterested. You are cold, tired, grimy, and hungry, trapped in an underground hell of Gith design...

cintain
2008-03-09, 12:31 AM
Markus

This is a complicated magical sigil indeed... Markus walks around the design, talking half to himself, half to the others. There seem to be patterns within patterns, as if the thing was changing, ever as I looked upon it. See? Teleportation runes, but over there... amazing. This cavern is a wonder. If we stayed long enough, I bet we could glean the whole purpose of this place just from these devices here.

(OoC: Markus will stay for as long as the others allow him to. Do I need to make more rolls to figure out more stuff from the runes?)

Greyen
2008-03-09, 12:36 AM
Fethen

Markus, we need to go. This thing is more than we can take care of for now. There is toto much in this symbol to look into just in this day, it would take week just us two. Let it go we can come back after we find a way out of here.

cintain
2008-03-09, 12:45 AM
Markus

Suddenly realizing how long it's been, Markus looks up at Fethen.

I suppose you're right. Let us continue our exploration, then. He looks at the others. Thank you for your patience,... although I have a nagging feeling that we must perforce return to this place before this is over. It might very well be that this same sigil holds the key to our release.

Markus walks towards the others, then says, Let us find the way out, or the creators of the sigil, or both. That might glean us some answers.
And I reiterate my conviction that, should we come upon more foes, we should be a little more... tactically-minded in our approach, friends. Gith tend to be well-organized in battle, and cruel to boot. I suggest Fethen and myself use those powers we possess that can affect mutiple enemies first, before we join the fray toe-to-toe.

Thalmor
2008-03-09, 10:41 AM
Thoric

Aye, lets get going see if we can find our way out or at least find something that might help us get out. Thoric says as hefts his ax over his sholder. Aye, I let you guys do you area affects first then, then I can clean up with me ax.

(OCC: Timoah can we get an updated map so we can decide which direction to go.)

Thalmor
2008-03-12, 08:04 AM
Thoric

As Thoric slings his Axe over his shoulder he looks at Greyen and says since you have been here the longest do ye have a prefered direction?I believe you have said you have explored some to the east of us did ye not?

Greyen
2008-03-12, 08:51 AM
Fethen

Fethen looks at Thoric and says Yes, but we can look it over again easily. So we are all on equal footing. This way please. Fethen leads the way back through the areas he has already been. Withthe intent of returning to the point they are at, or resting int he alcove that he last rested in.

cintain
2008-03-14, 07:00 PM
Markus

Markus wraps his cloak about himself as if suddenly overcome by cold and walks silently, following Fethen's lead. He keeps his loaded crossbow in hand.


in case there's anything to notice
[roll0]

Oh, and I just want to remind the DM, I am psionically focused. :smallbiggrin:

Timaoh
2008-03-15, 02:17 PM
As you reach the door nothing seems to have changed about it. The faint traces of your stay in the other room and the disturbed dust appear as they did before.

Markus
Looking around as you travel you notice a fair number of tracks ambling about through the cavern and the passages you enter before reaching the doorway. Although you are uncertain exactly where the other group travelled before they became statues once again and your ordeal started there seem to be more footprints than before, and that are easily explained.

Thalmor
2008-03-21, 08:41 PM
Once he reaches the door Thoric will fully examine the door, pulling on all of his dwarven heritage to see if he shed some light on what this door is.

OCC: Anything I need to roll?

Timaoh
2008-03-21, 09:10 PM
The door is not of Dwarven design but seems to be well-made either way. You can see no sign of tool marks or even how this door was formed. There are little runes carved into very tiny niches in the door itself. You cannot make out what they say and from your previous experiences with writtings in the cavern you doubt you would understand them even if you could make out what was written there.

The door seems untouched since your last visit.

cintain
2008-03-24, 10:59 AM
Markus

Hmmm... footprints, says Markus, half-to himself but easily audible. You came down this way before. How many in your previous party, Fethen? There seem to be quite a few prints over here...


Let me know if I'm understanding this right... when you say the footprints are "easily explained", you mean they are the footprints of the previous group, or there are other footprints besides those of the other group that are easily explained?


Markus studies the door carefully also, taking care not to disturb the dwarf's efforts.


[roll0]
[roll1]

Greyen
2008-03-31, 01:12 AM
Fethen

Fethen shakes himself of the reverie that was playing through his head. Yes. Oh, I'm sorry, what now? Yes, those foot prints look like ours from before. In fact this cave over here is the place where we slept previously. Other than the fungus grove that is all that we had previously explored.

Thalmor
2008-03-31, 06:59 PM
Thoric

After examining the door for a while, Thoric looks up and says Well I can't seem to shed anything new on this door, maybe it best to finish exploring the rest of this level of the cave. Maybe we can find something that will help us understand what is going on here better.

cintain
2008-03-31, 07:53 PM
Markus

Are you sure, Fethen? These seem like an awful lot of prints. Markus leans down and looks at them more closely, trying to discern how many people have passed this way.

rolling to see if I can make some sense of the footprints...
[roll0]


Shouldn't we go see what's on the other side of the door?

Thalmor
2008-03-31, 08:41 PM
Looking at the foot prints, Ye be right Cintain those indeed be a lot of prints, maybe we are not the only ones here.

OCC: is there any way we can tell where the prints either come from or lead too? (Wish the ranger hadn't disappeared)

If I knew how to open it would.

Timaoh
2008-04-06, 04:08 PM
As Thoric stands near the footprints a loud rumble can be heard as metal grates on metal and you hear the sounds of locks and large tumblers working from the direction of the doorway.

dun dun dun!






As you approach the once closed door you find that the portal has been thrown wide and the large circular entrance has one figure standing at its centre. There is dim ilumination coming from behind the tall figure as he stands on the threshold longspear in hand and garbed in dark armor that seems to writhe with life in the dim flickering light. He guestures you all closer as though he was expecting your arrival with a wave of a guantleted fist.

"Come quickly we need to close the portal before 'they' know it is open. I can offer you shelter for a short time... there is much to be discussed."


((OOC) @ Thoric The track feat is the only way i know of.)

cintain
2008-04-06, 08:20 PM
Markus

Who are "they"?Who are you? You seem to somehow have been expecting us. Why should we trust you?

((OoC: what does this creature look like? is it human, githyanki, or what?))


[roll0] in case he's from an underground species or aberration

Thalmor
2008-04-07, 09:23 AM
Thoric

Aye, indeed, who are you? How were yea able to open the door? As he take a defensive posture infront of the two spell casters.

(OCC I figured that was the only way, maybe I will take a level or two of ranger)

Greyen
2008-04-07, 09:36 AM
Fethen

Fethen looks at the creature warily and then steps forward through the door way with the creature. He seems disgrunteled and in dispair, resigned to whatever fate this cavern from hell dishes out to him.

Thalmor
2008-04-07, 10:27 AM
Thoric

As Fethen move past Thoric move to maintain position between Fethen and this new creature.

Solaphti
2008-04-07, 10:51 AM
Rhoxius

The figure in the shadows gestures more quickly to the others as Fethen nears the door. Come on now, hurry. There is no time for questions. I must get the portal closed. 'They' will know that it is open.

cintain
2008-04-07, 06:57 PM
Markus

Drawing his crossbow and holding it beside him, Markus takes a step forward.

We might as well, Thoric, he says to the dwarf in a low voice. We were pondering what might be on the other side of the door anyway. Just be ready...

Markus turns to the stranger on the portal and says, if we come with you, will you explain this? who you are, why you are helping us, and who "they" are?

Thalmor
2008-04-07, 07:26 PM
Thoric

Nodding Thoric says, Aye Markus, at least we are through this door. Only time will tell if it was a wise decision or not. he then proceeds throught the door looking all around the room to see what it holds for him and his companions. To Markus he says I'm always ready.



[roll0]


Wow that was a crappy spot

Thalmor
2008-04-10, 03:39 PM
Thoric

Once everyone is inside the room, Thoric, says Well lets get this door closed

Timaoh
2008-04-11, 05:33 PM
As the door swings open you can all see a well lit hallway that stretches further than you can see even though it is well lit it blends into doorways and other halls in the distance that look similar to the hallway you are all now standing in.

As you enter the stranger before you speaks a weird sounding phrase which seems to ring with power and the door quickly begins to close behind you shutting off any means of escape. Unlike in the caverns outside the door the air in the halls is quite fresh and doesn't smell musty at all. Instead you can see well swept hallways with tapestries and valuables lining the halls as though this were any castle from your homelands. Tables fashioned of crystal and decorative weapons adorn the sides of the halls as you are urged to follow your new host straight ahead and then taking the first left ionto a very large and spacious chamber shaped like a large sphere.

The chamber itself is perfectly round around the outside edges and in the exact centre a series of cylindrical tubes stem from nothing suspended in mid air. At the very centre of the chamber and surrounded my the columns are 4 delicate square prisms fashioned of 4 different coloured crystals. Each of which casts a strange glow along the walls and cylinders which upon closer inspection are made out of the same black rock substance that you saw outside in the caverns in flecks and sheets. The light itself is being spun into cords of light and is being reflected off the walls and collumns from the prisims until it meets at several points near a hole that seems out of place in the perfect chamber. The small pile of rubble and dust floating near the three figures you see channeling the energy suggests the the breech in the wall is no accident.

The three figures pay you no attention as you enter the room as they all seem to be concentrating on maintaining a large ward over the hole in the chamber. The three of them in unison are pouring light and energy at the opening as on the other side kobolds shriek and throw stones at the opening trying to breach it, it would seem.

Without looking one of the men speaks over his shoulder addressing all of you. "I appologise if Rhoxius has not introduced himself or explained things particularly well. There is much he cannot explain because he is told little as will all of you be told little for your continued safety and our own." The man's words are pronounced perfectly as though he were speaking to you each in your own tongue. His clear enunciation and diction matching that of someone you would find in your home town, and it suprises you and fills you with emotion at being so far removed from familiar surroundings. "For now i will tell you what i can from what i know. Regretably that is far less than i would like to know or admit as that proves just how blind we all truely are right now." He continues clearly lost in his own thoughts and half memories even as he continues chanting and working along with the other two to maintain the defence they have put in place to seal the hole in the chamber.

His attention back on the situation unfolding he continues. "You were summoned here for reasons that are still unclear to me at the moment. Who actually did the summoning is also a mystery to me but also a blessing for we are in great need of assistance as you can see. There are few of us left who can be trusted and fewer still who are able of mind and body for what must be done. We have two tasks or 'favors' if you will that must be remedied. While one is more of an immediate threat the other is less so and while time is still vital we can only do so much with what is available to us. The kobolds on the other side of this ward are trying to breach our last lines of defence. We were unaware of their pressence in such large numbers and were caught off guard by their sappers and have been unsucessful in our attempts to disuade them from attacking.
We believe that some of them may be under the influence of our real enemies and the threat to all of us. MIND FLAYERS! They have infiltrated our ranks and sent our own against us even going as far as to weaken our defences to the point of uselessness. However we also have them at our mercy and they..." He stops mid sentence. "I have said too much. Your first task, which you will be well rewarded for assisting us is to stop these attacks against us by the Kobolds. We have reason to believe that their king may be under the influence of the Illithids and that is why he is attacking. We knew of several tribes existing and have had peace with them as we left them alone and they left us alone. Now they attack and we don't know why. Please discover the reason and resolve the matter in whatever manner you see fit. If you do this what little we can offer will be yours and while we may not have riches of your worlds we do posses knowledge that may be able to help you return to your own lands. We will have more time to discuss these things when you return from your first task. I will also send Rhoxius with you he is of little use to us here as his skills cannot help unless they breach our defences which these sorry wretches will not do."

The three continue to chant tirelessly and you sense no fatigue or weariness in them. They are sustained by something otherworldy. Even as you ponder what might cause this you discover that you are yourself invigorated and well rested where you stand as though you had slept for countless nights in a row and only awoke minutes ago. You also note that your pangs of thirst and hunger have been satisfied by your brief visit to the spherical chamber.

NEWEST MAP! (http://timaoh.fileave.com/Maps/LitD(day4).jpg)

cintain
2008-04-11, 06:42 PM
Markus

Markus takes a step forward, trying to discern the working of the strange creatures in maintaining the hole closed.


[roll0] to see what race they are
[roll1] to see what they're doing

Are my power points replenished?


If we decide to help you, how would we go about going after the kobolds? Unless you intend us to go in there fighting, a little direction would be appreciated.

Thalmor
2008-04-11, 07:36 PM
Thoric

Slowly moves towards the opening, where the figures are holding the Kobolds at bay. he looks at Markus and Fethen do either of yea have anything that would help us in this prosposed battle? If we decide to help I can block the opening and keep most of them at bay. Yea procved yearselves aganist the Otlygh, so what ever yea decide I'm on board

Solaphti
2008-04-12, 08:51 PM
Rhoxius

Step back dwarf, there's safer ways to get to the kobolds. Rhoxius turns toward the hallway where they entered the large room and pauses in front of the opening. I know the way and we can talk once we get going. There's no point standing around wasting time, they can't keep the ward up for much more than a few days. He takes a step into the hallway and turns to his left waiting for the others to follow.

Greyen
2008-04-13, 12:03 AM
Fethen

The mage looks around the room and certain things begin to sink in. A glitter of hope flashes in his eyes. With renewed vigor he calls to Rhoxus Hold just a moment , errr....Rhoxus, right? Allow me a moment to prepare my mind for further travels. Fethen takes a moment and pulls out his spell book rememorizing a few lines before looking up. I'm ready. A hint of hope and relief can clearly be seen on his face as he looks forward to escape and release.

cintain
2008-04-13, 04:25 PM
Markus

Markus looks at Rhoxius with a strange glimmer in his eye. He pulls out a crossbow and loads it.

Let it never be said that Markus Marabigul forsook an opportunity to fight his way through a mineful of kobolds, he says as he levels the weapon briefly.

He turns to the men holding the breach. You drive a hard bargain, whoever you are... but I'll expect some answers when I come back.
Come along, master Thoric. I get the feeling we've just been given the closest thing we'll see to a glimmer of hope in this mess.

Markus draws up his cowl and follows Fethen and Rhoxius out of the chamber.

Thalmor
2008-04-13, 05:53 PM
Thoric

Aye, Indeed Markus. I think its time for me to split some skulls with me ax. Says with a brig grin across his face, as he follows the other three out of the room. Yea best let me get in front, to help keep the nasty lizards away from yea

Greyen
2008-04-14, 08:40 AM
Fethen

As Fethen wallks he again pulls out his tuiny shield and chants for a moment. A shimmer coalesces around him and he puts the shield away again. Much better. Fethen stands tall again, looking no longer haggard and wear worn. He grips his crossbow dropping a bolt into place and walks confidently.

Timaoh
2008-04-14, 10:01 AM
As Rhoxius leads the way and you all follow behind you realise just how large this place must be. There are several hallways that you pass as you walk and each one seems to branch off into others in the darkness. Only the main hallway is lit with torches that produce no smoke or heat and as you move along you finally come to a well. At the bottom of the well there are coins scattered and the water gurgling up from the base seems clean and clear as you pass by. Rhoxius continues forward past the fountain without stopping heading for an opening opposite the one you entered from. Once around the corner he stops and fumbles with something in a pouch finally producing a ring of keys. Selecting two of the keys in what seems either a completely random or rehersed fashion as they all seem the same. He carefully inserts the two keys into the door in front of him turning each a full 360 degrees he finally pushes on the door and removes the keys as it slides forward and then off to the left into the wall.

As you continue down the hallway Rhoxius stops several more times at doors that resemble the others perfectly and after producing different or the same keys each time he opens the door. The only difference is the direction that the doors slide as they peel away from the walls. (The order the doors dissapear is Left, Down, Up, Right, 4 corner split) The last door divides itself evenly into 4 pieces each of which slides into the wall it is against.

As you peer past Rhoxius you can see that the tunnel which was well-worked and even breaks away into uneven and often very narrow tunnels. Unfortunately it would seem that you will have to travel in single file and squeeze through openings in many places. What else would be expected of kobold warrens? Cursing your fates as you move forward you hear the faint sound of a door sliding into place behind you as you assume the first door closes. 20 seconds later a second sound can be heard. The doors must be on timers because they are closing in sucession. In order to get out of the way of the last door you will need to move further into the warrens or one of you will be left behind or maimed by the door's mechanism.

You can hear faint echoes and voices twisting their way through the caverns but the sounds could be coming from anywhere the way the tunnels twist and wind through the rock.

MAP! (http://timaoh.fileave.com/Maps/LitD(day4a).jpg)

Solaphti
2008-04-15, 06:05 PM
Rhoxius

As they step through the last door, Rhoxius puts the keys away and unsheaths his longspear. You said you wanted to be in front, didn't you dwarf? Now's your chance. He motions for Thoric to step in front of him saying. Our best approach will be to remain unseen and unnoticed until we can find the king or whoever is in charge of the kobold attacks. We should only fight as a last resort. My brother and the others should be able to hold them off for a few days if things remain the way they are but we should still make haste.

Thalmor
2008-04-15, 11:23 PM
Thoric

Aye I did. Thoric moves to the front of the group and will continue till he reaches a branch in the path.

Greyen
2008-04-16, 01:49 AM
Fethen

Fethen falls in second to last, in the middle of the group. He makes sure there is at least ten feet between him and the next. He makes sure to close distance if needed to keep in line of sight with the next person.

cintain
2008-04-16, 06:54 PM
Markus

Not wanting to contradict anyone, Markus takes the last spot in the line, watching Rhoxius intently (trying to figure out what race he's from).

How long have you, your brother and your friends been here, Rhoxius? What is the purpose of this place?

[roll0] to see if I can identify their race, now that I got a look at the brother

Timaoh
2008-04-17, 09:06 PM
Markus You can't identify the race further than that they are Gith. You could always ask or try to pry more information out of the situation as things unfold.

Solaphti
2008-04-18, 07:20 AM
Rhoxius

Rhoxius continues on through the tunnels while answering Markus's questions. Well we've been here long enough to know that things aren't going well. I've seen what's been happening here, and it's not pretty. I guess you'd say we've been here longer than you have. He pauses and seems to search the air for a way to continue his answer. This place is just another place I've been to, it's purpose is that it is simply here. Here for our use and here to enable us to prosper.

Thalmor
2008-04-20, 05:21 PM
Thoric

Pausing in the tunnel, Thoic says. So are we ready to start this fight. Is there anything the rest of yea need to do before I start cracking some heads?

Timaoh
2008-04-21, 06:08 PM
sorry it took so long but here is the new map. You can talk about where you want to go but you should more than likely use some means of telling me where you would like to go. It's one big maze so the first post after i update the map will be able to choose the direction the party takes. IF you disagree you are free to venture off in a different direction on your own.

I would recomend that you stick together and keep the marching order as it is but that's up to you as well.

NEW MAP! (http://timaoh.fileave.com/Maps/BattlemapE3_R1.jpg)

Thalmor
2008-04-21, 06:51 PM
Thoric

Looking over his shoulder, Thoric Well lets get this started. He then moves slowly towards the 'T' in the tunnel. When I get there I will stop, listen and look




roll1d20+1
roll1d20+1

Greyen
2008-04-21, 10:16 PM
(ooc- still here, Fethen's just following along. He will make sure there's 10 feet between everyone)

Timaoh
2008-04-22, 08:31 AM
OOC:
ok. That's fine with me. Just make sure you post if there is something you want to bring up. If you guys want to put someone in charge or just follow whoever is in front or devise some sort of strategy for traveling through then just let me know.

I would advise you all to stick together but you can split up if you want. I am splitting everything into rounds now to make it easier so think of yourselves in a combat situation. The grid is there even if it doesnt follow the tunnels exactly use it as a rough outline for movement and tactics.

I am also removing the fog for now to make things easier to see and because it makes redrawing a bit faster so i can update maps daily if not sooner. For initiative i am just going to asume you all take 10 and then add your bonuses. Same goes for anything you face right now to help speed things up. Basically takes some of the fun out of it but with the number of encounters that might be around the bend it will help keep things streamlined.

I had a post up about the spot and listen check but i think they got nerfed by the forum im going to repost it if i can't find it.

Map (http://timaoh.fileave.com/Maps/BattlemapE3_R2.jpg)

Thalmor
2008-04-22, 12:46 PM
Thoric

As he walks through the tunnels you see Thoric grip his ax as if he were trying to strangle it. You think you here him say Someone is going to pay As he stops at the 'T' in the tunnelshe looks left and right, and as he turns to his right he says this way. He walks 10' to his west before stopping at the next 'T'.

OCC: if I need spots and listen checks they are below.

[roll0]
[roll1]


Which if I need them are pretty usless!

Solaphti
2008-04-22, 12:59 PM
Rhoxius

Rhoxius follows Thoric down the tunnels, stooping down occasionally to avoid the crude ceiling that was obviously not made for someone of his size. As Thoric turns to his right Rhoxius pauses for just a moment considering whether or not to follow the dwarf. In the end, he shrugs and curses silently to himself and carefully works his way through the tunnels still following Thoric.

Timaoh
2008-04-22, 02:03 PM
Map (http://timaoh.fileave.com/Maps/BattlemapE3_R3.jpg)

As you follow the path you notice a small crevice or tunnel off to your left and then continue moving. At the end of the tunnel you are following is a small shallow room about 25ft sq. It might make a good defensive position or place to rest but other than that there is little worth noting about the room.

(you might want to try moving silently for a listen check to be worth while. All you can hear at the moment is yourself and you allies moving along the passageway.)

Thalmor
2008-04-22, 02:19 PM
Thoric

Hmmm nothing in here, guess we go back and head in the other direction. As Thoric looks around the room he decides there isn't much here, and the turns around and heads back down the tunnel, and then stops at the next unexplored branch (15E, 2S from current position).


[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Timaoh
2008-04-22, 03:17 PM
Everyone else please make move silently checks if you want to make listening easier on those up ahead of the group. Light armor requires no check but medium and heavy armor will add to the noise and distract from Thoric's checks.

As you turn back the way you had come and make your way to the other intersection you notice a few stray odds and ends in the back of the small chamber that stands off to your right (south). There seem to be small shreds of fabric and even some remnants of pottery and what looks like a chair leg in the corner of the small room, little more than an alcove for most of you.

As you continue ahead you find the passageways are still fairly narrow requirig many of you to stoop and squeeze as you move along.

As Thoric comes to yet another intersection flickers of movement in the shadows draw your attention as you are certain you saw several lithe reptilian forms scuttle off to the east and south as you approached.


MAP (http://timaoh.fileave.com/Maps/BattlemapE3_R4.jpg)

Initiative order (i'll look them all up in a moment unless you all suply them as you post. 10 + modifier)

Markus - x
Fethen - x
Rhoxius - x
Thoric - x
Enemy - 8

Thalmor
2008-04-22, 03:25 PM
Thoric
(Round1)
HP: 63/63
AC: 17/15/12 (ac/ff/ta)
saves 8/4/3 (F/R/W)
Init: 12

I look to the west and if all is clear I will take a 5' step south and ready an action to attack anything hostile that comes near me.

cintain
2008-04-22, 08:29 PM
Markus

(Round 1)
HP 31/31
AC 10/10/10
saves F 3/R 2/ W 6
PP 49/49
Initiative 10

Markus lifts his crossbow and holds it at the ready. He looks over his shoulder periodically.

(OoC: He remained in the entrance of the alcove, periodically checking behind him to make sure they aren't being followed. This he will continue to do if we leave this room.

[roll0] ))

Solaphti
2008-04-23, 08:51 AM
Rhoxius
(Round 1)
HP 45/45
AC 24/21/14 (ac/ff/ta)
Saves 6/4/6 (F/R/W)
PP 34/35
Initiative 13

Rhoxius steps forward near to the east tunnel (15' south 5' east) and manifests force screen (1pp) on himself. He continues looking up the tunnel to see if he can see any movement.

[roll0]

Greyen
2008-04-23, 10:19 AM
Fethen

(Round 1)
HP 31/31
AC 18/16/12 (ac/ff/ta)
Saves 4/4/6 (F/R/W)
Initiative [roll0]
Spot [roll1]

Fethen looks around crossbow at the ready.


Can't see the map here at work. Will see at home later.
Ready to use Abrupt Jaunt (Immediate action)if necessary to avoid damage.

Thalmor
2008-04-23, 10:59 AM
I guess I need my spot for looking west


[roll0]

Timaoh
2008-04-23, 11:50 AM
An eerie silence fills the tunnels around you as you wait with muscles tensed and barely breathing, weapons held at the ready. As Rhoxius moves forward you can hear an audible 'click' followed by the loud grating sound of stone on stone as a large slab of stone shifts noticeably and begins to decend from the ceiling. If it falls it will seal Fethen and Markus off from Rhoxius and Thoric.

I need appropriate actions from everyone. Reflex save for Rhoxius was a 12 (needed 14) you have 3 seconds (1/2 a round) to solve this problem before the stone will seal the tunnel. Feel free to repost or change actions if you already posted for this round.

As Thoric peers around the corner into the next tunnel as does Rhoxius they both see a similar sight as several kobolds stand in the tunels with weapons ready.

MAP (http://timaoh.fileave.com/Maps/BattlemapE3_R5.jpg)

INITIATIVE
Rhoxius - 14
Fethen - 13
Thoric - 12
Markus - 10
Enemy - 8

cintain
2008-04-23, 03:56 PM
Markus

Markus makes a run for it, crossbow in hand.

A trap is upon us. Fethen! Run!

OOC
Markus will run to cross the threshold that the stone slab will separate. I assume I can't see the kobolds from where I am, so I will run until I've cleared the partition/trap and then stop to look around. Let me know if you want a roll for that. (Reflex? Dex check?)

Thalmor
2008-04-23, 04:25 PM
Thoric

Assuming I can do this I will take a 5-foot step west and attack the kobold

OOC: By doing this I am leaving room for Fethen and Markus to make it through before the door closes. And I will be dodging the first kobold


[roll0]
[roll1]

Timaoh
2008-04-23, 05:01 PM
Markus

Markus makes a run for it, crossbow in hand.

A trap is upon us. Fethen! Run!

OOC
Markus will run to cross the threshold that the stone slab will separate. I assume I can't see the kobolds from where I am, so I will run until I've cleared the partition/trap and then stop to look around. Let me know if you want a roll for that. (Reflex? Dex check?)

You can't run past fethen, unfortunately we will have to wait and see what he does... if he stands idly by as it falls you may both be trapped...


Thoric:
The kobold is crushed by your weapon and it's fluids are splattered all over the wall. Before the corpse drops to the ground you hear the sound of bolts flying through the air as they whistle towards you.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Greyen
2008-04-24, 06:24 AM
Fethen

(OOC- Still can't see the map for some reason so I'm winging this.)
Fethen moves as swiftly as he can to allow for both him and Markus to stay with the group. If necessary he will us his abrupt jaunt ability to move himself 10ft further forward to an empty space.

Thalmor
2008-04-24, 06:41 AM
Thoric
(Round 2)
HP: 63/63
AC: 17/15/12 (ac/ff/ta)
saves 8/4/3 (F/R/W)
Init: 12

OCC: these are my actions for the next round

Thoric yells at the other two kobolds Ye be a bunch of chicken livers. He then steps over the remains of the first kobold and swings at the next one.



[roll0]
[roll1]
If I kill that one and I'm close enough to the third - Cleve
[roll2]
[roll3]

Timaoh
2008-04-24, 10:00 AM
(im just going to ignore Thoric's post for now and use it later after the kobolds act. Please let me post for the enemies before you post your actions. It saves having to make revisions and changing actions several times confusing myself and everyone.)

As Fethen moves and Markus calls out the rock slides firmly in place with a small puff of dust. Both of them seem to be through the opening and unhurt by the trap. Just at they enter into the hallway kobolds emerge up ahead and fire another volley of bolts from cover.

Those standing in front of Rhoxius notice his weapon and begin to back away. The nearest kobold however is still within his reach and as it turns it's back Rhoxius sees an opening. The others retreat just far enough to be out of reach and raise small crossbows and level them at the armored man letting them loose.

The remaining kobolds facing Thoric turn and run down the tunnel ahead of him.

(also please let me know who needs light, who has darkvision, and who is carrying light, etc. I think Fethen and Markus are the only two who need light and Fethen usually has his unseen servant carry the torch. I just want to be sure this is the case.

Is there another way i could send you the maps Greyen? It could be that they are just very large and you need to zoom in and pan around until you find the section you are in.)

im trying something new with the map to help Greyen out.

http://timaoh.fileave.com/Maps/BattlemapE3_R6.jpg (http://timaoh.fileave.com/Maps/BattlemapE3_R6.jpg)

Solaphti
2008-04-24, 10:57 AM
Rhoxius
(Round 2)
HP 45/45
AC 24/21/14 (ac/ff/ta)
Saves 6/4/6 (F/R/W)
PP 34/35
Initiative 13

Rhoxius quickly checks to see if his companions made it past the stone slab and gives them a quick nod once he sees that they are safe. He turns his attention back to the kobolds and seeing one still standing in front of him takes a swing at it and shouts at the creature. This is for attacking our territory you filthy scum!

[roll0]
[roll1]

cintain
2008-04-24, 11:14 AM
Markus
(Round 2)
HP 31/31
AC 10/10/10
saves F 3/R 2/ W 6
PP 49/49
Initiative 10

Without saying anything, Markus levels his crossbow and fires at the first kobold he sees. He reloads as soon as the bolt is off.

[roll0]
[roll1]

((OoC: Yeah, I need light.))

Greyen
2008-04-24, 11:55 AM
Fethen

(Round 2)
HP 31/31
AC 18/16/12 (ac/ff/ta)
Saves 4/4/6 (F/R/W)

(OOC- Fethen does need light and has the usual Unseen Servant carrying the Everburning Torch)

Fethen sees teh close kobolds and snaps his hand out spraying it with acid.

Acidic Splatter at the closest kobold
To hit [roll0] ranged touch
damage [roll1]

Timaoh
2008-04-24, 02:13 PM
(OOC: I don't know how you missed it Fethen but you managed somehow. Are you able to see the maps now?)

Rhoxius leans into the swing of his polearm and skewers the kobold before it can flee. The others turn and fire back at Rhoxius out of range of his weapon's deadly reach.

The acid sent forth from Fethen's hand hits the wall near where the kobold is hiding scoring the wall with a deep mark. The kobold ducks back behind the safety of his cover and peers out again only to shoot.

Markus does little better with his shot as the bolt shares the fate of Fethen's acid but with less impact on the stone, it clatters to the floor. The kobolds return fire at their respective targets one targetting each caster. The remaining kobolds fire down the hallways trying to hit Rhoxius and Thoric.

(OOC: I will use your attack as the AOO Rhoxius but i still need an attack if you're moving forward, and an action from Thoric. If you want to chase them down then that's fine but it might impact my chosen actions for those kobolds this round.)


Kobold1
(DEAD)

Kobold2
(attacking Thoric)
[roll0]
[roll1]

Kobold3
(attacking Thoric)
[roll2]
[roll3]

Kobold4
(attacking Rhoxius)
[roll4]
[roll5]

Kobold5
(DEAD)

Kobold6
(attacking Rhoxius)
[roll6]
[roll7]

Kobold7
(attacking Rhoxius)
[roll8]
[roll9]

Kobold8
(attacking Markus)
[roll10]
[roll11]

Kobold9
(attacking Fethen)
[roll12]
[roll13]

You need to hit ac 15, 19 for the two with cover. I dont think cover works against touch spells though I could be wrong.


((I also need SPOT checks from everyone next round.))

Edit: I forgot to mention it but all the kobolds 5' stepped back into the tunnels, and the ones facing Thoric ran away down the tunnel.

Timaoh
2008-04-24, 02:21 PM
confirming the crit.

Kobold7
(attacking Rhoxius)
attack - (1d20+3)[23]
damage - (1d4)[2]


Confirming the crtit threat. Even though i don't think i can beat your ac another 20 would be funny and i would have to say that would confirm the crit.

[roll0]


That was close but it looks like it will stay at 2 damage instead of 6. Darn! :smallfurious:


oh and...
http://timaoh.fileave.com/Maps/BattlemapE3_R7.jpg (http://timaoh.fileave.com/Maps/BattlemapE3_R7.jpg)

Greyen
2008-04-24, 03:05 PM
Fethen

(I can see them now, thanks)
Fethen mutters under his breath and waits for another kobold to stick its head out, greenish light surrounding one hand.


Ready an action to spray acid again.
To hit [rol]1d20+5[/roll] Ranged touch
Damage [roll0]

Solaphti
2008-04-24, 04:48 PM
Rhoxius
(Round 2)
HP 45/45
AC 24/21/14 (ac/ff/ta)
Saves 6/4/6 (F/R/W)
PP 34/35
Initiative 13

Move toward the closest kobolds and attack.
[roll0]
[roll1]


Rhoxius
(Round 3)
HP 43/45
AC 24/21/14 (ac/ff/ta)
Saves 6/4/6 (F/R/W)
PP 34/35
Initiative 13

Rhoxius steps as close as he can to the kobols near him and drives his spear toward the little creature.

[roll2]
[roll3]

Thalmor
2008-04-25, 08:35 AM
Thoric
(Round 3)
HP: 63/63
AC: 17/15/12 (ac/ff/ta)
saves 8/4/3 (F/R/W)
Init: 12

[roll0]

(OOC: From the first map, after I took my 5 step, weren't those two kobolds in my treath range before they moved)

Timaoh
2008-04-25, 09:16 AM
(OOC: After looking at the map i see what you mean. They fired at you in melee range. Go ahead and take a swing at them.)

cintain
2008-04-26, 01:14 PM
Markus
(Round 3)
HP 30/31
AC 10/10/10
saves F 3/R 2/ W 6
PP 49/49
Initiative 10

Markus advances (moving 10' south) and looks to his left, at the second passageway branching off in that direction. He reloads his crossbow and gets ready to fire at any kobolds coming from or fleeing down that way.

If any kobolds look down from the second passageway to the left, Markus will ready an action to fire on them next round.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Thalmor
2008-04-28, 10:39 AM
Thoric

(OOC: I also missed it till I took a closer look)

As the kobolds try to shoot at Thoric, he mighty swing at them with his ax


[roll0]
[roll1]

If I kill the first one

[roll2]
[roll3]

Timaoh
2008-04-30, 01:22 PM
((Fethen needs to fix his roll. I remembered the reason why i didn't give you an aoo before Thoric. The tunnel you are in is too small and you are squeezing so you get no AOO's. Even if you did get them with the -4 penalty to hit you miss the kobolds. Just to clarify for everyone. If the borders of your circle are touching or overlaping the walls consider your selves squeezing -4 to ac and -4 to hit.))

Markus moves to the south and fires at the kobold he sees standing there just in time to see it reloading a crossbow of it's own to retaliate as his bolt lances into the small creature making it drop its crossbow and then fall to the ground. Rhoxius strides forwards to confront the kobolds and finds they fall easily enough to the savage yet precise thrusts of his spear.

Fethen waits for the kobold to reappear but it seems to have moved on.

((I still need spot checks!))



http://timaoh.fileave.com/Maps/BattlemapE3_R8.jpg (http://timaoh.fileave.com/Maps/BattlemapE3_R8.jpg)

2,3,4,9 Alive

Thalmor
2008-04-30, 02:40 PM
(Round 3)
HP: 63/63
AC: 17/15/12 (ac/ff/ta)
saves 8/4/3 (F/R/W)
Init: 12

Looking around, Thoric doesn't see a Kobold he can charge, so he goes over to the one he just killed and searches it.

(OOC: My spot was 17 as rolled earlier)


Thoric

[roll0]

(OOC: From the first map, after I took my 5 step, weren't those two kobolds in my treath range before they moved)

cintain
2008-04-30, 11:36 PM
Markus
(Round 4)
HP 30/31
AC 10/10/10
saves F 3/R 2/ W 6
PP 49/49
Initiative 10

((OoC: My action for round 4 is firing at the kobold. I took two move actions on round 3.))

[roll0]

Greyen
2008-05-01, 12:10 AM
Fethen

(I fixed that roll OOC)

Fethen stands his ground saying Do not separate, thats what they want. Keep close. Sickly green light drips from his hands.


Same as before
Ready an action to Abrubt Jaunt if attacked - immediate
Ready action to move to clear line of sight and range, Acid Splatter if a kobold pops up
to hit - ranged touch - [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Timaoh
2008-05-01, 06:57 AM
Markus
(Round 4)
HP 30/31
AC 10/10/10
saves F 3/R 2/ W 6
PP 49/49
Initiative 10

((OoC: My action for round 4 is firing at the kobold. I took two move actions on round 3.))

[roll0]

ohhh... Then he gets to attack first. If you had a melee weapon you'd get an aoo but you don't so.


(round 3)
[roll0]
[roll1]

The kobold fires at Markus point blank but misses horribly and then pulls out a tiny knife trying to defend itself.


All Thoric seems to find is a small crossbow which barely fits into his hand and seems to have been poorly made and a small knife fashioned out of stone. Either shale or flint, the knife is sharp and seviceable but more suitable for mundane tasks than for fighting.

Thalmor
2008-05-01, 09:12 AM
Thoric

(Round 4)
HP: 63/63
AC: 17/15/12 (ac/ff/ta)
saves 8/4/3 (F/R/W)
Init: 12

Taking the crossbow and any bolts there maybe, then stuffing the knife in his boot, Thoric looks around and not seeing any kobolds I will load the crossbow. I will use my move action to load the crossbow, and then ready an action to shoot if any kobolds appear.

Timaoh
2008-05-01, 02:03 PM
Thoric you can't ready an action until next round as you already used your standard action to pick everything up.

Still need a spot check from Rhoxius.

SPOT
Thoric - 17
Rhoxius - ?
Markus - 13
Fethen - 18


There are a few kobolds left that can be chased down if you guys want. Other than that you could end combat if you wanted too.

I need a decision to either end combat or posts for round 4.

INITIATIVE (Round 4)

Fethen - 15 (readied action)
Rhoxius - 14
Thoric - 12
Markus - 10
Enemy - 8

Solaphti
2008-05-01, 05:21 PM
Rhoxius
(Round 4)
Initiative 13
HP 45/45
AC 24/21/14 (ac/ff/ta)
Saves 6/4/6 (F/R/W)
PP 34/35

Rhoxius walks back towards the others, spear still in hand, keeping his eyes open for any more kobolds. I got a couple of those pests up that way, pointing to where he came from, and there's another passageway up there too. One of 'em ran off before I could stick him, but there's time for that later. He looks around and sees the other kobolds lying on the ground and says, Looks like ya faired well yourselves. Let's get going and see if we can't get to the king. If not, at least we can take down some of these pests as we go. We might as well chase after some of them who ran away, unless anyone has a better idea.

[roll0]

Thalmor
2008-05-02, 07:43 AM
Thoric

HP: 63/63
AC: 17/15/12 (ac/ff/ta)
saves 8/4/3 (F/R/W)
Init: 12

As Thoric finishes loading his hand cross bow, he says well they seem easy enough to kill, however I never like leaving an enemy behind me, however they did run away from us. As he continues talking he searches some of the other corpses. If time is of the essence, then we should find this king and sort this sitiation out quickly.

cintain
2008-05-02, 06:31 PM
Markus

HP 30/31
AC 10/10/10
saves F 3/R 2/ W 6
PP 49/49
Initiative 10

I am reluctant to press further on. Like Thoric said, it means leaving the enemy behind us. Although we can take them easily enough, they know these tunnels better than we do, and could potentially ambush us at an unfavorable turn.

Markus reloads his crossbow as he speaks.

Do you know anything about these tunnels that might prevent that from happening, Rhoxius? Or do you know what direction we should be headed to find their king?

Greyen
2008-05-02, 10:23 PM
Fethen

Still wearily looking around with green glow dripping from his hands, he reloads his crossbow saying We have 2 options, we push onward to their king, or we get lost trying to chase down each little scaly bugger in here. These tunnels will swirl us around faster than you know it. Let us push on and see what we can do about this king of theirs.

Timaoh
2008-05-03, 08:36 AM
As you all stand around discussing tactics and possible strategies a faint echo can be heard down the tunnels...

--LISTEN CHECKS--

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Rhoxius
From far away down the tunnels perhaps a few hundred feet comes the sounds of a large gong or metal plate being struck, hard. The sound continues for several moments as you try to pinpoint where it is coming from... the south. The alarm has been raised and your pressence in these tunnels will no longer go unnoticed you are certain. The others with you seem not to have noticed or paid the sound any attention as they talk and search the fallen kobolds.

Thoric
On the other kobolds you search you find 2 more knives identical to the one you have. You also find 17 more bolts total and a small crossbow for each corpse. They have little in the way of information, armour, or anything else that might be useable or valuable to you. Make a spot check, or knowledge nature/ dungeoneering check please.

Solaphti
2008-05-03, 10:35 AM
Rhoxius

Rhoxius thinks for a moment before answering Markus. I know no more of these tunnels than you, as it has never before been necessary to travel down them. I've no idea where the king might be found but... He pauses and strains his neck towards the distant gong searching for its direction and uncomfortable with its meaning. ...well we better hurry up because those pests know we're here and they probably won't be friendly. Stick together and watch behind. As far as I know, there's a lot of them pests in here and we have to go find the king.

He looks around unsure of where to start but you can tell he is anxious to be moving. Rhoxius takes a few steps towards the west path. We might as well move deeper into the heart of this maze, the king won't be this close to our home. He will start whichever path the others wish to take but would suggest to head south or west.

Thalmor
2008-05-03, 11:22 AM
Thoric

As Thoric finishes pocketing the extra bolts from the corpses, you see him look very intently at wall of the cave. You here him say Hmm, there is something here His attention focuses on a section of the cave to the south and left.


[roll0]

[roll1] (add 2 if it stone work)

Timaoh
2008-05-03, 01:02 PM
A large noise from where Thoric stood moments before catches your attention. As you turn you can see a large section of the wall sliding free...
[roll0]

Debris and dust quickly fill the corridor making it hard to see and breathe as large sections of the wall slide free and Thoric is pinned in place by the stone. The rocks continue to fall and eventually settle in place leaving alot of dust and a small opening at the top of a large mound of rock that was once the tunnel Thoric stood in. Thoric may have survived the initial impact of the rockslide but the weight and pressure of the rock will surely kill him if he is left under the crushing weight for too long.

cintain
2008-05-03, 06:27 PM
Markus

Markus rushes to the pile of rubble and begins shoving stones aside.

Quickly! We must get him out! Help me!

Removing stones isn't what Markus was trained for...
[roll0]

Solaphti
2008-05-05, 07:11 AM
Rhoxius

If there's room left to help remove the rubble from atop Thoric, Rhoxius will work as hard as he can. Otherwise he will help try to move the extra stone away so there is more room to work.

[roll=Strength]1d20+3[\roll]

Thalmor
2008-05-08, 12:32 PM
Ok, here goes my fort Saves


[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]


OOC Sorry meant ot put thees in the OOC thread

Solaphti
2008-05-09, 12:01 PM
Rhoxius

You doing alright? he casually asks Thoric as we pull him up out of the rubble. This has wasted some time and they know we're so here so we best be moving. Thoric, watch your step a little more; another one of those nasties and you'll be done for.

Rhoxius urges everyone to continue on whichever path seems the easy to get through now. Before they leave, he will look down the hallways to make sure he doesn't see any more kobolds.

Thalmor
2008-05-09, 12:16 PM
Thoric

Yeah, I be fine. Says as he stumbles out of the hole. This place seems to be pretty trecherous, Rushing through here maybe not be a good idea, unless we have some way of being able to identify where these traps are.

Timaoh
2008-05-09, 07:55 PM
http://timaoh.fileave.com/Maps/BattlemapE3_R8.jpg (http://timaoh.fileave.com/Maps/BattlemapE3_R8.jpg)

The path to the East is blocked by ruble now, if you want to go that way you will need to dig for about 30 minutes.

south, north-west, or west are your options.

I'll have a new map once you decide.

Thalmor
2008-05-13, 08:43 AM
Thoric

Looking around, Thoric says Well if we are to continue I guess South would be our best option, However I'm suspecting there are a lot more of these traps. If either of yea have a way that would make finding these easier it would be greatly appreciated.

cintain
2008-05-13, 02:33 PM
Markus

Now more than ever am I worried about an ambush, says Markus while reloading his crossbow. These tunnels are so labyrinthine, we could be walking around in circles forever... I will follow your lead, Thoric. You're the one amongst us who best can navigate tunnels, even mite-tunnels such as these.

Markus looks over his shoulder at Rhoxius.

Find anything in that chamber there?

Solaphti
2008-05-14, 09:17 AM
Rhoxius

Just let me take a look around here, he says in reply to Markus. As soon as I do, I'll follow you Thoric. Yeh have done well so far.

Rhoxius takes a walk around the room that is near him looking for anything that might be useful down in the tunnels.

[roll0]

Thalmor
2008-05-15, 10:35 AM
Alright let get going, no point wasting our time here. Thoric says as je starts heading south, paying very close attention to the walls, the ceiling and the floor, hoping that there aren't any more traps.

Timaoh
2008-05-15, 03:52 PM
Rhoxius finds another room in back of the one he searches piled with goods and suplies looted from his people and scavenged from who-knows-where-else in the caverns. A quick survey of the contents of the cave finds 12 crates, 2 chests, and a weapons rack with 18 small crossbows piled disorderly their munitions in bundles on the floor nearby.

Solaphti
2008-05-17, 08:45 AM
Rhoxius

Hold up guys. We should at least see if there's anything useful in some of these crates and chests. Better for us to have supplies than them. It'll take a minute but at it may make things easier in the long run. he says to those back in the hallway. He'll take his time and open the crates and chests to see if there is anything inside.

Timaoh
2008-05-17, 04:48 PM
The crates are all secure and will need to be broken, it seems the kobolds were able to move them but not open them before you arrived. The chests are locked. One is wooden and has several metal bands helping to reinforce it as well as a large and untarnished pad-lock on the front of it. The second chest is smaller and made of a dull metal with a lock built directly into it's front face. The wooden chest has a curved top while the metal chest sits squat and box-like. They are stored among the crates and all of the chests and crates line the north wall in a dissorderly fashion, which suggests they were placed quickly.

Greyen
2008-05-18, 12:23 AM
Fethen

Fethen looks at the locks and says I can take care of these, it'll be slow though. I can melt them off with my acid, if anyone has a better way let me know.

If uninterupted Fethen will sit and begin to very carefully use Acidic Splatter to melt the locks off. He'll prop the lock up so that it is horizontal and shoot straight down at it. Making sure to not hit the chest or any of the supplies.

cintain
2008-05-18, 11:01 AM
Markus

Markus follows the others to the chamber discovered by Rhoxius, staying at the entrance with crossbow loaded.

Whatever you guys are going to do, do it quickly, and make sure you save some for me, of whatever you find in those crates, he says, not clear whether he's joking or not.

Ready an action to fire at the first clearly hostile creature that comes down the corridor.

Thalmor
2008-05-18, 04:57 PM
Thoric

Moving into the roomI can break the lock off with me Ax if no one has any objections, might be quicker that your acid. If there are no objections Thoric will try to break the locks with his ax.

Timaoh
2008-05-18, 05:02 PM
You can both try what you want on either chest. I just need to know which of you is trying what on which chest. You can discuss it IC or OOC it's up to you.

Fethen - I need a percentile roll and a dex check from you for the first chest and also for you to tell me which chest you are working on.

Thoric - I need to know whether you are trying to use strength to breack the lock with one mighty swing, or if you are trying to just bash the crap out of the chest with repeated blows.

Thalmor
2008-05-18, 05:31 PM
Thoric

Seeins as no one objected to his breaking the chest, He will swing break the pad-lock on the wooden chest. He takes a swing at it with his axe.




And if I need to hit and damage rolls
[roll0]
[roll1]

Timaoh
2008-05-18, 06:10 PM
you don't need to roll your tohit. It's a chest. Just give me say... 40 damage rolls.

Thalmor
2008-05-18, 06:24 PM
Ok then Thoric goes to work on the Lock


[roll0]

Timaoh
2008-05-18, 06:38 PM
i need individual rolls. use /rollv or post them all seperately.

Greyen
2008-05-19, 11:58 PM
[roll0]
Dex Check [roll1]

Juck pick a chest.

Fethen

Fethen Squats down and after proppong the lock up so as to no damage the check holds his hand above the lock and closes his eyes. The acrid stench of acid eating metal begins to fill the air. Greenish liquid begins to spray the lock from Fethen's out stretched hand. He watches carefully adjusting aim if any begins to get onto the chest. Slowly but surely the lock is eaten away.
Damage Rolls
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]

Timaoh
2008-05-20, 02:58 PM
The lock pops off from Fethen's applications of acid and very little actually splatters him but it was inevitable using the spell at such close range while holding the lock in his hand to steady it. (15 dmg) Some of those burn marks will make for some serious scars but it should all be worth it once the chest is open.

With a soft creeking and a moan as the lid is carefully pried open on old hinges. The contents of the small chest are piled high within the walls of the chest. Coins sparkle in the light cast by the torch held suspended in midair by an unseen servant as Fethen tries to figure how many coins a chest of this size might contain. (8000) is the best approximation he can come up with. All the coins seem to be the same size and material. Gold has never looked so bright or so heavy as you all stand reguarding the small chest full of it.

Thalmor
2008-05-21, 07:33 AM
Thoric

Having not gotten anywhere with the lock Thoric Looks at Fethen and says You seem to have more success than I have had, maybe you should have a go at this one too.

Greyen
2008-05-21, 02:19 PM
Fethen

Fethen looks at his burned hands, wincing he pulls out a rag and cleans them. Looking up at the otheres he says Lesson learned, 'Do not hold the lock'.

He takes a moment and takes the everburning torch from the unseen servant and instructs it to hold the lock up. As it cannot be targeted by direct damage it should be unharmed but his application of acid. HE then begins to apply acid to the next lock. In between acid shots he says Someone please pack away this gold. My haversack should be able to hold some of it, but there may not be much room left in there.

(ooc- do you need damage rolls?)

Timaoh
2008-05-21, 03:18 PM
We can assume the second chest opens after some acid treatment, with less damage to Fethen this time. Should i also asume the chests are being rumaged through and list everything to save my time and waste yours?