PDA

View Full Version : Premade Adventure IC



BizzaroStormy
2008-01-29, 07:30 PM
Alright, here goes.

A friendly unicorn named Alabern lives in the woods near your town. With a touch of it's horn, Alabern heals people who come to it for help. Now a woodcutter has come to town with terrible news. Evil goblins have captured the unicorn and taken it away. Your mission is clear. You must find these creatures and rescue Alabern.

You bravely volunteered to enter the haunted dungeon in the hills where these creatures have taken Alabern, hoping to rescue it.

You find your way through the dark woods to an old wooden door in a cliff face. You're pretty sure the goblins are somewhere on the other side of that door. They won't expect people to come to this haunted place, so they're probably not expecting you.

What do you do?

Rodgin
2008-01-29, 08:26 PM
Come on lads, we've got some work to do.

Strell moves up to the door, axe drawn, prepared to smash it in when his companions are ready.

Benejeseret
2008-01-29, 08:35 PM
"Hold a moment Strell, and keep it down the lot of you. No telling how many buggers are ready in there."

Lenod checks the door over for traps, and tries to judge if it will squeak upon opening. He looks for cracks in the woodwork that he can peer through.

[search for traps etc. [roll0] ]
[if there's cracks spot:[roll1] listen:[roll2]

Benejeseret
2008-01-29, 08:37 PM
[ OOC: and I start us all off with a natural 1....good times ]

BizzaroStormy
2008-01-29, 10:44 PM
As you listen, you get hear goblins talking on the other side. The word "Alabern" is mentioned 2 or 3 times. As you try to crack the door, you find that it is locked.

Link to OOC thread: OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70851)

Penril
2008-01-30, 03:32 AM
B'ah! Stinking Gobbos, I agree with Strell, lets just do away with 'em!

Ash spits on the ground and readies his crossbow.

[OOC: Spells Prepared today: 0th - Light (2), Read Magic (1); 1st - Cure Light Wounds (2), Bless (1)]

Benejeseret
2008-01-30, 12:23 PM
Beside the door, Lenod quickly recovers his tools from his bag and sets to work on the lock. He whispers to himself, come on fingers...gotta get it before one of these guys bashes on the door and alerts the whole damnable place.


[open locks: [roll0] ]

Rodgin
2008-01-30, 01:34 PM
Strell stops and backs away, letting the rogue go to work.

I'll wait lad, but don't take all day about it.

Benejeseret
2008-01-30, 02:26 PM
Lenod curses under his breath. He swipes the sweat from his brow, listening intently to see if his scraping is alerting the goblins within. Calming himself, he realizes that he is in no immediate harm and slows down to take his time with the lock.


[ If I can, Lenod will take 2 minutes to 'take 20' with the lock=25, let me know if there are any other checks you need ]

BizzaroStormy
2008-01-30, 02:28 PM
As you scrape at the lock, you hear the voices inside stop and some quick footsteps, then dead silence. The lock is open.

[OOC: Due to the amount you failed the first roll by, I'm gonna say they heard it.]

Rodgin
2008-01-30, 02:48 PM
No use in stealth now lad, Strell says, barging through the now unlocked door.

STR check to break through door: [roll0]
Initiative: [roll1]

Benejeseret
2008-01-30, 03:29 PM
[initiative: [roll0] ]

The spellthief follows closely behind Strell through the now unlocked door, hoping to wash away his early mistakes in blood.

BizzaroStormy
2008-01-30, 08:30 PM
As Streel breaks through the door (fairly easily since its unlocked), he is ambushed by the goblins that had 2 minutes to prepare.

Two goblins flanking the door(and Strell) attack with their morning stars while the two hiding behind what looks like a sleeping horse throw their javelins.

Readied goblin attacks.

Morningstar [roll0] Damage [roll1]
Morningstar [roll2] Damage [roll3]
Javelin [roll4] Damage [roll5]
Javelin [roll6] Damage [roll7]

Goblin Initiative [roll8]

Ouch...

Bandededed
2008-01-30, 09:59 PM
... I though I posted.... but apparently not. I'm not sure what happened, but anywho...
Braden

Braden, who had a close relationship with Alabern, is quiet during the argument about the door, but rushes in as soon as it is open, desiring with his whole being to save his friend.

Initiative [roll0]

BizzaroStormy
2008-01-30, 10:08 PM
Just in case noone got it.
Link to OOC thread: OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70851)

As for what happened, the spellthief made a bunch of noise trying to unlock the doors, the goblins readied themselves for an attack and just about floored the fighter. Theres one on each side of the figter wielding morningstars and two behind the unicorn throwing javelins.

Penril
2008-01-31, 03:57 AM
[roll0]
Initiative

[roll1] to hit
[roll2] damage

BizzaroStormy
2008-01-31, 03:23 PM
Initiative order: Ash(19) -> Strell(19) -> Brendan(17) -> Lenod (13) -> Goblins(13)

The room is 15' x 20' with two goblins flanking Strell at the doorway and the other two in the corner behind the unicorn. So if you try to shoot one of the goblineers youve got a 50% chance of hitting the unicorn, not to mention they would get a +4 to AC.

Lenod: Which goblin are you firing at?

Strell: Just a suggestion, but you could try to cleave the two gobbos flanking you. This would knock you out but it would give the others a chance to get in.

Edit: Wait, now it wouldn't, im thinking of a full attack

I'll likely get on later tonight, for now I need a nap.

Benejeseret
2008-01-31, 06:58 PM
Fire at? I have nothing to fire really, you might have Lenod confused with Penril's character Ash who rolled hits without designating a target. I am waiting on Ash (cleared up), Strell, and Bredan to take their action (as per initiative).

Penril
2008-02-01, 03:52 AM
Apologies, my sights are set on one of the javelin-lobbing Gobbos. How are you determining % chance to hit Unicorns?

BizzaroStormy
2008-02-01, 04:44 AM
I roll a d100, if the result is 50 or lower, I compare your attack roll to the unicorn's AC and it takes the hit instead. Heres the roll.

[roll0]

Ok, the unicorn took 1 damage.

Rodgin
2008-02-01, 06:16 AM
Sucking up the last bit of strength he has left, Strell puts it into his last swing, knowing it could be what makes or breaks the saving of the unicorn.

MORADIN!

To hit Right goblin: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
If dropped, cleave to left goblin: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

(These actions are more then the 5 ft step I can take, I fall unconscious, -1 HP and bleeding)

Penril
2008-02-01, 07:15 AM
Ash coughes disgustingly and remarks, huh, some tough guy

I suppose he'll want me to heal him. Ungrateful wretch. Still, he'll make a better shield if he's upright and swinging that damn weapon

BizzaroStormy
2008-02-01, 11:49 AM
Strell's attack puts a large gash in the chest of the goblin to his left and then halves the other one as he falls to the ground. The two behind the unicorn ready another pair of javelins.

Bandededed
2008-02-01, 12:21 PM
Braden

Currently being edited...

Braden moves around the unicorn toward the goblins, attempting to obtain a clear course.

I'll charge toward the goblins, and then attack.
To hit - [roll0] : Damage [roll1]
To hit - [roll2] : Damage [roll3]

Edit: Oops, both of those attacks are +3, not +1. Forgot I was charging.

Edit2: Ok, I'm just circling them now. Up to a double move action to find a clear course.

BizzaroStormy
2008-02-01, 12:24 PM
You cant charge, the unicorn is in the way.

Benejeseret
2008-02-01, 12:36 PM
Lenod hustles in and around the front end of the slumped figure, and stabs a spear toward the nearest goblin once he is also behind the unicorn. He winces and tries to ignore the arrow in the flank of their ally.

"For Alabern!"

[to hit(shortspear): [roll0] damage [roll1] ]

BizzaroStormy
2008-02-04, 10:24 PM
The kobold flattens itself against the unicorn's body as your spear misses it. It attempts to stab you with its javelin while it's comrade draws his morningstar and moves to your side, just out of your reach.

Goblin Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Benejeseret
2008-02-10, 01:00 AM
((OOC: me thinks some of us are lost on attack order, or what should be happening next. Feel free to reorganize, update, and let us know who should be doing what next))

Penril
2008-02-11, 05:32 AM
Ash

Here ya go ya great useless lump!

Moves up to Strell and casts Cure Light Wounds

[roll0]

BizzaroStormy
2008-02-11, 06:19 AM
Just grand, Strell is conscious. Just in time for his turn. Hes at 8HP and prone.

Rodgin
2008-02-11, 08:22 AM
Climbing back to his feet, Strell starts towards the goblins holding the unicorn.

(Move action to get up, 30 ft to close, should get me there. I'm a bit fuzzy on what the room is looking like right now.)

BizzaroStormy
2008-02-11, 02:39 PM
Fine, against my own will I have made a map. I'm not going to make a habit of this.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p88/Tschudy15/Map1.jpg