PDA

View Full Version : Leader of Men

Roderick_BR
2008-01-30, 12:09 PM
First of all, sorry if this idea was already discussed before. I'm searching the forums to see if I find something about it.

So, question: Would it be too umbalancing to give to the paladin abilities to increase allie's powers, such as bard's inspirating music (re-fluffed as inspiring speechs or something), or the marshall's auras? (Unbalancing against others non-casters, of course)
The paladin's Aura of Courage already works kinda like that, so he could get additional auras as he levels up, and make remove disases a paladin spell, instead of spell-like ability.
And how about giving paladins spells from level 1? I think that Ultimate Paladin wiki page already does it, making him more useful at earlier levels. And getting an excuse to give him a good Will save.

Anyway, my first idea was a paladin that could give inflamed speeches before a battle, to grant allies benefits similar to the bard's inspiration abilities. Then I thought about the marshall (miniatures handbook, I think), and his auras. It makes the paladin a bit like the Diablo 2's (PC game) paladin, though, but wouldn't be too bad.
If I use the inspiration ability, he would take over the bard's role, but I could replace him by using the beguiler and the cloistered cleric variant in my games. If I give him the marshall's auras, it won't be much of a problem, since I would just be merging him into the paladin.

Any thoughts or suggestions for it?

On a similar note, I know there's feats for paladin/rogue, paladin/ranger, and paladin/monk. Is there one for paladin/bard?