PDA

View Full Version : Adamant Warrior [PrC]

The Demented One
2008-01-30, 06:49 PM
Adamant Warrior

http://images.elfwood.com/art/g/o/goldseven/wp_kinslayer_final.jpg

Adamant Warriors are among the greatest warriors on Eberron. Adamant Warriors are found all across Eberron–the Hobgoblins of Darguul boast of many, as do the Valenar elves. Some of the greatest warriors that fought in the Last War are thought to have been Adamant Warriors, if you listen to the right stories and rumors. They come from many different backgrounds, and use many different fighting styles, but all of them share the same strength. They possess hidden reservoirs of strength and talent they can tap in times of need, making them capable of performing feats of unrivaled heroism. This strength is the source of their name, for they are said to be able to become as hard and impervious as adamantine when need calls for it. An Adamant Warrior might fight with a sword, a bow, or his own two hands, but all of them can burst into action with a surge of strength, making them a terror to behold.

Hit Dice
d12

Requirements
To qualify to become an Adamant Warrior, you must fulfill all the following criteria.
BAB: +10
Feats: Action Boost, Action Surge
Special: Must be proficient with at least one exotic or martial weapon.

Class Skills
The Adamant Warrior’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Ride (Dex), Spot (Wis), and Swim (Str).

Skill Points per Level
2 + Int modifier.

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+0|Additional Action Points, Mettle

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+0|Adrenalin Boost

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+1|Glorious Battle

4th|
+4|
+4|
+1|
+1|Legendary Heroics

5th|
+5|
+4|
+1|
+1|Battle Surge[/table]

Class Features
All the following are class features of the Adamant Warrior prestige class.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency
You gain proficiency with all simple and martial weapons, and with all armors and shields, except tower shields.

Additional Action Points (Ex)
Your maximum action points per level increase by two.

Mettle (Ex)
At 1st level, your mind and body have been hardened through training and testing. If you make a successful Fortitude or Will save against an effect that allows a save for half or partial effect, that effect is instead negated.

Adrenalin Boost (Ex)
At 2nd level, every time you perform a feat of heroics, the resulting rush of adrenalin helps sustain you through battle. Whenever you spend one or more action points, you may choose to gain one of the following benefits. At 5th level, you may instead gain two of the benefits.
Gain a bonus to AC equal to your class level against the next attack made against you.
Gain a bonus on the next damage roll you make equal to your class level.
Gain a bonus on the next save you make equal to your class level.
Gain DR/– equal to your class level until the end of your next round.
Gain resistance against one type of energy equal to twice your class level until the end of your next round.
Heal 4 hp per class level.
Glorious Battle (Ex)
At 3rd level, you can tap even deeper into your hidden reservoirs of strength and skill after felling your foes in battle. Whenever you reduce an enemy to 0 hp or less with an attack, you gain a temporary action point that lasts for the rest of the encounter. You may only gain a single temporary action point per encounter. At 5th level, you may gain two temporary action points per encounter, but you do not gain one if you already have a temporary action point from this ability.

Legendary Heroics (Ex)
At 4th level, whenever you would make an attack roll, skill check, ability check, or saving throw, you may instead spend three action points. If you do, you do not make the roll, instead treating the result as a natural 20.

Battle Surge (Ex)
At 5th level, whenever you make a full attack, you may spend up to four action points. For each action point you spend, you may make an additional attack at your highest base attack bonus.

Lord Iames Osari
2008-01-30, 11:50 PM
Looks good. I have a couple of questions:

Adrenaline Boost - Does this ability require me to delibarately activate it with an expenditure of action points, or does it trigger automatically whenever I use an action point for anything, like improving a saving throw or activating Legendary Heroics?

Battle Surge - is this Ex, Sp, or Su?

The Demented One
2008-01-31, 09:46 AM
Looks good. I have a couple of questions:
Adrenaline Boost - Does this ability require me to delibarately activate it with an expenditure of action points, or does it trigger automatically whenever I use an action point for anything, like improving a saving throw or activating Legendary Heroics?
It's the latter.

Battle Surge - is this Ex, Sp, or Su?
Ex, I'll add that in.

Fizban
2008-01-31, 06:58 PM
Looks good to me. Makes your action points spiffier, as intended, and gives you a limited source of extra action points so you can use the abilities enough for them to matter. It's all there.

Except the "e" at the end of adrenaline.

The Demented One
2008-01-31, 11:04 PM
Except the "e" at the end of adrenaline.
For what it's worth, the e-less spelling is a legitimate variant, and I kinda prefer it.

Stycotl
2008-01-31, 11:29 PM
nice. i like. i have never gotten in to the action pint thing--mostly cuz i don't play eberron, but there is the heroic surge feat that was similar that i never got into either, though i have considered it a number of times. this class makes those mechanics worth their weight in gold (if they had weight, that is...). good job.