PDA

View Full Version : The Seas of Baleria



Kellus
2008-01-30, 11:44 PM
The Seas of Baleria

The sun is warm, the sky is blue, and the wide sea lies open before you. It’s a beautiful day.

Unfortunately, you don’t have much time to dwell on this sight. Instead you find yourself standing on the deck of a ship (or, as the case may be, floating a few inches above it) as it lurches with the beat of the ocean, with the harbour city of Terthin behind you and a shouting captain in front of you.

“This?!,” bellows the lanky, sinewy woman, “This is what my crew brings back? I didn’t expect much from this scumpot of a port, but this is ridiculous! You lot barely look like you could swab your own noses, much less the decks of my Siren! What have we got, anyway, a Xeph? I doubt you could lift a single shot, let alone load it into my bombard! I don’t even want to know why you’re hovering. Think you’re too good for my deck, is that it? And you! That’s right, girl, don’t try to hide! Think I might take you for a lad, eh? Pasty white skin like yours, you’ll fry to a crisp in the sun before you can cry ‘mommy’, see if you don’t. And you boy, what’s the deal with that turban? I bet you think you’re a sultan or something! You’ll be sultan of fishfood before the week’s out, don’t say I didn’t warn you. As for you, wench, what do you think you are, some highborn lady? Your mother may have just told you you’re big-boned, but we know how to deal with gluttons on the Salty Siren, yes we do! And what, a ghost? You think this is the Haunted Brisket? She left port a week ago! Don’t think you’ll be getting off easy on account of being dead, you good-for-nothing layabout! And you, with your rapier and your spyglass! You think you’re a pirate or something? Well not yet, you’re not! You landlubbers ain’t anything ‘till you’ve had your first raiding, and gods preserve us all if we ever need you for anything more complicated than stabbing your own feet!

“But if you’re the best we can get, you’ll have to do, at least ‘till we make our next port. Service ain’t easy, so don’t go getting the idea this’ll be a cruise or naught. You’ll be woken at dawn with a boot to the belly, unless you’ve got the night shift, which case you’ll be the one doing the booting. I’ll not be trusting anything important to you weasels, but you might do to clean the decks or count the stores. Some of you might do in the nest, too, and the bombards need regular inspection. But don’t go getting any ideas of treason, mind you. I’ve got a nose that can smell mutiny, and an easy way to deal with traitors, too. Even the dead ones, missy. Follow your orders and pull your weight, you’ll get a fair share of plunder and plenty of pillaging. Get any other ideas, and you’ll find yourself sharkfood. We leave port at the next bell, so don’t go wandering. The crew’ll show you where you’ll be sleeping and acquaint you with your other duties too, so pay attention. Any questions, you lousy landscum?!

Without waiting for an answer, Vanessa ‘Vinegar’ Velvis scowls and saunters into her cabin. As she does she shakes her head and mutters, “completely useless, the lot of ‘em...

The six of you stand clustered on the deck of the ship as the regular crew of the Siren mill about, getting ready for launch. One sailor, with coarse black hair and a drawn face stops and says, “next bell’s in less than an hour, you lot. I’ll give you a turn ‘round the decks right away, just as soon as I can.” He strides off in the direction of the helm, leaving you by yourselves.

kpenguin
2008-01-31, 12:46 AM
Lukan

"Fah! Landlubber? Who does she think she's talking to? Hasn't she heard the Ballad of Laken Gale? Fah!"

He turns to the other new recruits and makes a slight grin. He takes of his hat and makes a very flamboyant bow.

"Well, g'day misses and gents. Luken's the name, Luken Gale. Y' might of heard of me. Seems we'd best get comfortable with each other."

Fax Celestis
2008-01-31, 02:56 PM
Illumina
http://tn3-2.deviantart.com/fs11/300W/i/2006/228/9/e/Eldar_Banshee_by_Aberzheim.jpg

Illumina smiles, a mildly unsettling vision. Looking at her, one can see she is partially transparent, but her equipment appears solid enough. She appears about thirty-two years of age, but her piercing blue eyes reveal the hauntings and sorrows of a longer life--or unlife, as the case may be. Long silver hair hangs in a braid to the middle of her back.

"Another day, another dollar," she says. "Where do I start?"

Thunderbuckets
2008-01-31, 03:15 PM
Asterisque

The small young woman stands impassive through Velvis' tirade, idly running a finger across the brilliant bronze sash tied around her waist. It matches the burnished copper color of her hair almost exactly. Her face is pretty enough, but the features are sharp, almost chiseled out of solid iron. Her eyes shine like grey quicksilver, almost unnaturally. Once the captain departs, she raises an eyebrow and glances sidelong at Lukan.

"Gale? Mmm...can't say that I have, but I don't believe most of those stories you hear about people anyways... I find the reality much more interesting," she smiles coquettishly.

Aster deftly twists her hair up into a bun before surveying her fellow recruits, noting the hovering Xeph and the ghost with interest, before turning out to the brilliant sea.

"I'm Asterisque. The glutton, apparently."

Current Draconic Aura: Swiftness (+2 Climb, Jump, Swim, +10ft Fly, Swim, Climb)

Jimblee
2008-01-31, 04:24 PM
Kryss

Kryss stared silently at her captain through her speech. She only lets out a sigh after Velvis departs. Not quite out of exasperation, but out of relief. She had never quite been comfortable unless someone was screaming insults her way, and she had been without a ship for some time now.

She is slightly shorter than average, and has with her a level of natural, albeit unkempt, beauty. Her clothes are typical of a sailor; unclean, white, and without care for size. Her hair, a pale blond, is cut short and boyish, complimenting greatly her eyes, which are a striking, sky blue.

Her eyes are a striking sky blue, which, against her white-for-a-sailor skin seem to radiate with some illusion of the light. Her hair compliments this greatly, as it is short, boyish, and a pale blond. The captain was right - she was a bit ghostly. But it was the real ghost she had concerns about; she would have to address that later.

"Well, as long as we're givin' out names, I'm Kryss." She points a thumb at herself, and glances at the rest of the newcomers, particularly the bard.

Tacitus
2008-01-31, 04:45 PM
Adun, Aspiring Necrocarnate
+Arstor, Necrocarnum Zombie Aristocrat
HP: 60/61

The man in the turban lets out a sigh as he nods, "I must say, you were actually right father, she is a futtering bitch." He looked straight ahead and didn't seem to be speaking to anyone at all until the man next to him nearly keeled over. A single hand with a leather band about the wrist whips out and slams into the pale man's chest to keep him standing. The man is dressed as a merchant save for what looks to be a black top hat fitted to be taller than one might expect. The pale man looks to Adun with a blank stare and gurgles, "Mrrrrrrrrrrr."

As his hand falls he doesn't even look at him before tossing his gear to the paler of the two, "Shut up, I'm not going to get us killed or thrown overboard for disrespecting the captain." He turns his gaze to the skies to allow the light of the sun to fall across the shimmering green torc around his neck. Upon his feet are a pair of light, supple boots that fit over his feet and what seems to be another pair of boots. Small ruffs of blue-white fur crown each boot. From his belt he removes a masterwork of fine craftsmanship shod with tendrils of blackness clutching the spikes and the striking head. He hands the weapon to the pale man but the tendrils of blackness draw back into his fingertips.

He seems to bounce on the balls of his feet before turning to the others to regard them with a soul piercing gaze. [Detect Good] He says nothing for a good long moment before closing his eyes and dismissing the unnerving glare. He doesn't seem any more amiable but now he'll actually speak to someone other than the pale man that seems to be his pack mule, "I am Adun." and he leaves it at that.

Essentia:12 (E=Essentia Invested) Capacity 3, +1 for bold
Soulmelds:
[0] Sailor's Bracers: +4 to Swim/Prof (Sailor)/Use Rope, +2E
[0] Dissolving Spittle: 1d6 acid damage at 60ft ranged touch. +Ed6
[0] Necrocarnate Weapon: Melee weapon=Evil. +E damage. +E confirm crit. Vs Living only
[Bound]: Gain E for each E invested on crit on living
[0] Necrocarnate Circlet: Blindsight vs Undead 30ft. +E turn resist to undead w/in 30ft
[Bound]: Create Arstor, Necrocarnum Zombie Aristocrat
[0] Acrobat Boots: +4 Acrobatics, Escape Artist, Jump +2E (Changed from +2/+2E because it now only affects 3 skills instead of 4)

Fax Celestis
2008-01-31, 04:57 PM
Illumina does not detect as good.

Ryuuk
2008-01-31, 06:11 PM
Cyrus

The xeph stands arms crossed, simply smiling at the captain’s remarks. Although he seems rather tall at first, when his new boss’s discontent shows itself, he takes a step forward and adopts a more modest height as his feet touch the Siren’s deck. His eyes are black, about the same shade as his hair, which runs long and straight, held in place behind his head with a leather loop. He wears a pair of suede pants, firm looking boots and a shirt that might have once been white, now taking on a dull worn tone. A black cloak with a leathery texture covers his back and shoulders, but from the silhouette one could assume he carried a haversack on his back and a pair of long, most likely sharp, metal implements on his side.

Once the captain leaves the vicinity, he lets out the hardy chuckle he’d been holding in. “Can’t lift a shot… Good to know she doesn’t expect much of me.” While his feet touch the deck he keeps his distance from the ship’s rail and his actions appear somewhat forced. Now that no one seemed to mind, or mind openly, he seems to grow an inch or two taller and appears to move gracefully, without care. He turns to the others, offering a hand to anyone willing to shake it. “I’m Cyrus of Saeed, hope to enjoy working with you all.”

Adun: Cyrus doesn't detect as good

Kellus
2008-01-31, 10:12 PM
After a few minutes, the sailor returns, who introduces himself as Tom Tighthands. “Alright, now pay attention or the captain’ll have your hide,” he calls out. “You’re standing on the deck right now. As you can see, the Siren is a fine three-masted ship, but only the aft two go up to about 30 feet. We keep the heavy bombard on the raised platform at the prow. About halfway back we’ve got the cabin. and just along the edges we’ve got a bunch’a supplies, shot, sails, rope, and other common stuff. Before we head inside, though, let’s go up to the quarterdeck.”

The sailor heads the port side of the ship, and up a set of stairs leading to a raised level near the back of the Siren. “Right, so this is the quarterdeck. Up these steps we’ve got the ship’s wheel, but there’s no chance of you salt rats getting near that. Around back we’ve got the davit and the rowboat.”

He moves down to the starboard side, and back to the main deck. Opening the door to the cabin, he motions you through. “There’s not much to see on this level. We’ve got two sets of stairs leading down to the lower deck, and these doors here lead into the captain’s cabin. You won’t be going in there, so don’t pay it any mind. Now, lower down we’ve got the sleeping area, common area, galley, whatever you like. Hope you’re not expecting privacy, ‘cause you won’t be getting none in here. The lowest deck is the hold, so you’ll be grabbing plenty of supplies from there as we need ‘em.”

He pauses, scratches his neck, and shrugs. “That’s about it, really. Anything else, I’m sure you’ll pick it up on the fly. Now, we need to get you lot into the rotation. I reckon half of you should be on the night shift and half up in the day. You’d always better be ready for a brawl, though, since we need all hands for raidings. Don’t make no matter to me who’s night and who’s day, though, so go ahead and decide yourselves.”

http://usera.imagecave.com/Kellus/shipmap2.png

Check the OOC thread for information regarding notation of position on the ship and other sundries.

Fax Celestis
2008-01-31, 10:48 PM
"Sign me up for the night shift," Illumina says, fingering a longsword on her hip.

Ryuuk
2008-02-01, 12:16 AM
Cyrus

Throughout the tour, Cyrus seems to be paying more attention to the ship itself then to the guide. He lags behind a bit as he seems to look over every inch of the Siren, trying to catch any oddities or faults. When the tom asks for shifts, his attention goes back to the guide. "I wouldn't mind night at all either, I work just as well under the stars then under the sun."

Thunderbuckets
2008-02-01, 12:32 AM
Asterisque

Aster swiftly follows the group, listening vaguely to the sailor's descriptions but staring hungrily up at the mass of riggings. After the ghost and Cyrus speak, she raises her voice. "I'll take one of the day shifts, then. I prefer to see the course I take with my own eyes."

She takes a second to stare almost appraisingly at the corpse-pale man who has been following Adun, before adding "Is that yours?"

Adun: Aster does not detect as good.

Tacitus
2008-02-01, 01:50 AM
Adun

Adun follows Tom as would the rest but he keeps his companion close to him at all times and every so often pauses for no apparent reason other than to feel the ever so slight sway of the ship. When finally their tour seems to be completed and the inquiry of the watch comes up Adun answers simply, "I'll take days, he'll take nights." Adun was, of course, referring to the zombie in the top hat, which glares at Aster with a deadly gleam in its surprisingly intelligent eyes, "Mrrrrrrr-rrrrr." Adun merely glanced to her at the inquiry, "Yes father, I know. It was indeed rude of her to ask in such a way. No, I will not be needing the screws." He doesn't seem to give it another thought as he looks back to Tom.

Jimblee
2008-02-01, 07:24 AM
Kryss

Kryss was very active during the tour, always touching something or gazing in areas he wasn't specifically describing. When Tom asks for their shift, she waits to see what some of the others have said before speaking.

"I'll take the day shift. I can see plenty good at night, but I ain't one of them no-sleepin' types, and I'd rather be up an' ready in case of a fight." She does seem, however, curious as to what the other members will say - she should have waited to see who her companions will be. Doesn't like the look of that prissy glut-gal, but that other man might be interesting. She'll have to see

Adun: Kryss does not read as good

Ryuuk
2008-02-01, 08:18 PM
Cyrus

“Huh, so I’d be the only one of us needing to sleep?” Puzzled, he turns to the fellow night shift-ers, first to the transparent, blue eyed damsel, then to the pale man with the limited vocabulary. After a moment’s pause, he simply shrugs “Odd how things work out.” He seems to hesitate for bit, but after what appears to be a small internal struggle, he smirks. “Lukan, care to join the graveyard shift?”

Judging from the boy’s reaction, Cyrus picks his next few words carefully. “Adun... does your father have a name? I’d like to get to know who I’ll be working with.” As he finishes talking, he gives Ilumina an inviting look, as if the question was also for her.

Tacitus
2008-02-01, 08:34 PM
Adun
+Artsor

With a sight he turns his gaze to Cyrus, "His name is Arstor. He's a quiet man that prefers to keep to himself, and a man who does not appreciate jokes." At this the zombie nods ever so slowly, "Mrr-rr-rrrrrrrrr" Adun looks back to his father swiftly, "You behave! That is not a nice thing to say about your crewmates!" Arstor leans back and lowers his head with a mournful cry, "Mrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

Fax Celestis
2008-02-01, 10:04 PM
"Truth be told, there's not much to tell. I've shuffled off this mortal coil but refuse to die, as you can see." She says this with such a succint finality that it is obvious that she would really rather not talk about her past. The impression gathered from her is that she's uncomfortable with both her ghostliness and her history.

Kellus
2008-02-01, 11:52 PM
After Tom finishes the tour, the Salty Siren soon leaves port. Over the next few days, you begin to get to know the crew; there are fifteen people on the ship, including the six of you. Tom Tighthands is the first mate, and takes care of most of the ship's normal activities. By night, Illumina, Kryss, Lukan, and Adun's father swab the decks and man the sails, while Asterisque, Cyrus, and Adun work during the day. For her part, the captain stays mostly in her cabin, coming out occasionally to inspect the crew working, to adjust the helm, or to speak with Tom.

It's on the morning of the third day after leaving Terthin when a gouty old sailor named Scab raises the shout from the crow's nest of land on the horizon. Vanessa strides from her cabin with a spyglass, and soon raises the whole crew into a frenzy. As the speck of land grows larger off the rail, she shouts for the six of you. Once you've all woken and gathered together, she sneers slightly.

"Pay attention, you buckets of scum, 'cause here's where you get to prove't you're worth the sludge we feed you. That island coming up is Bevess. You can't see it yet, but there's a port village right on the edge of the rock. Nice little place, out of the way, plenty of well-to-do traders living in that mudhole. See, the thing is that an easy mark like that is just too invitin'. We made off with a hold full of jewels a few years ago, but things seem t'have tightened up since then. Half a turn back, I hear, the Twisted Snout tries to make cozy right up with the docks, I never hear from 'er again. Way I figure it, they've got some kind'a magic stuff to keep us bad guys out.

"So there's where you fleabags come in. Word is, a couple'a you can fly, and some others can swim not half bad. As for the rest, well, we've got the Siren's Whelp for you. The six of you and that quiet bloke'll head to shore, and see what kind'a protection they've set up, monsters, traps, spells, I don't know what. When you've given the all clear, the Siren'll come up behind you, and we'll fill 'er with all the plunder we can find. And a'course, if something goes wrong and you lot end up feeding the sharks, least we'll know what we're up against."

Vanessa pauses, glares at each of you in turn, and says, "well, the rowboat only seats three. You pots of seaspit'd better figure out how you're getting over there, 'cause you'll be going one way or the other. We'll stop 'bout 500 feet from shore, you can row, swim, or fly the rest a'the way. Should take you 'bout ten minutes to row in there, not counting any trouble you may find along the way."

Tacitus
2008-02-02, 12:29 AM
Adun HP: 60/61
+Arstor HP: 15/15

Adun waits quietly in a pitch black cuirass polished to a shine -which oddly enough he seems to sleep in but feels no fatigue from doing so- for the captain to finish her orders before he turns to his father and extends a hand, "I'll carry my pack this morning, father." The zombie nods and removes the pack from his back to hold out to Adun, "Mrrrr-rrr-rr" As he snatches it away he glares at his father before rummaging through the enchanted pack, removing small boxes and checking inside before nodding and closing them. He looks up to the captain and givers her a nod, "With your leave I will swi-" Arstor insterupts, "Mr-rrrrr-rrrr." Adun sighs and smacks him in the face, "My father will be walking because he says he can apparently hold his breath." After he slips on his pack he seems to remember something and brings his hand to one of the side pockets. From within leaps a small blue-green gem which he slaps on his armor. After a brief moment the dark eyes of Arstor seem to gain a blue sheen

Essentia:12 (-4) (E=Essentia Invested) Capacity 3, +1 for bold
Soulmelds:
[3] Sailor's Bracers: +4 to Swim/Prof (Sailor)/Use Rope, +2E
[0] Dissolving Spittle: 1d6 acid damage at 60ft ranged touch. +Ed6
[0] Necrocarnate Weapon: Melee weapon=Evil. +E damage. +E confirm crit. Vs Living only
[2] Necrocarnate Circlet: Blindsight vs Undead 30ft. +E turn resist to undead w/in 30ft
[Bound]: Create Arstor, Necrocarnum Zombie Aristocrat
[3] Cerulean Sandals: Walk on Water. +5E to land speed.
[Bound]: Dimension Door 70ft per day in increments of 10. Soulmeld Unshapes after total has been used.

Feats: Capacity: 2 (change E only once per 24hrs)
[2] Healing Soul: E/day heal 2Ehp as swift
[2] Midnight Dodge: Dodge for +E to AC

Arstor's Essentia Investment: Capacity: 1 Essentia: (See Circlet)
[1] Incarnum Defence: +E to AC and Saves
[1] Incarnum Speed: +10E to speed and +2E to Initiative

Jimblee
2008-02-02, 12:37 AM
Kryss

Kryss grins at the captain's words - finally, a chance to break out of these deck jobs, a chance for some real fun. Up until now, she's been entertaining herself during breaks by blasting rays of eldritch energy to any fish she can spot while no one else was looking.

She had been prepared when the captain called her, having already pulled on her bag, a red bandanna intended to keep her hair tame, and her Mithril shirt, although it lay under her fading outfit. From within the mystic pack, she pulls a decorative cloak from her pack and whips it along her neck. The cloak shifts and fades, as it turns into a streaming shadow, bridged like a pair of wings.

She rises slightly off the ground before speaking. "I'm on the flyin' team, if ya don't mind." She looks around to Cyrus, then Illumina, the other crewmates she thinks can fly. "That is, if ya'll 'll be comin' with me."

Fell Flight, 24 hours, Fly speed: 30 ft, Good Maneuverability.

Thunderbuckets
2008-02-02, 01:25 AM
Asterisque

Aster nods along with the captain, ready for action. She raises an eyebrow at Kryss' hovering and then breaks into a smile; the girl was a spellcaster. She had a certain air about her... plus she'd noticed her blasting a fish school a few times during their day shifts.

She shakes back her hair and straightens the red-tinged breastplate that sits on her small frame. "Ocean team for me," she speaks up, again staring at Kryss with a hint of longing. "I don't have your gift of flight yet, I'm afraid." Closing her eyes for a second, she mutters a word or two in Draconic and twists her hand around in a strange curving maneuver. A rush of blue light seems to wash over her skin before fading to the regular pale color.

Opening her eyes, a thought occurs to Aster. She turns to her companions, eyes shimmering, and raises a hand once more, snapping her fingers. A spark of copper light springs to life at the end her digits. She looks up to Cyrus, who's hovering nearby. "If you don't mind... a little protection." She lays the finger on his chest and the light springs out over his torso, seeping slightly into his skin. Aster grins. "A little protection from me." She snaps her fingers again and a new spark appears.

Aquatic Adaptation on self; breathe underwater, swim speed of 30ft.

Invoking Endure Exposure on the rest of the party; no penalties to hot/cold environments, but more to the point, immunity to my breath weapons. If anyone asks, she'll explain; if anyone doesn't want it, she won't cast it.

Current Draconic Aura: Swiftness (+2 Climb, Jump, Swim, +10ft Fly, Swim, Climb)

Ryuuk
2008-02-02, 02:19 AM
Cyrus

Somewhat groggy, Cyrus listens to the captain's words, those his eyes seem to be busy trying to find the island of Bevess on the horizon. However, when Vanessa utters the words "The Twisted...", his heart seems to skip a beat and he turns to the captain, eyes open wide, almost in shock. When he hears the full name, he calms down, but continues giving the captain his full attention.

Once the briefing is done, he goes to checking his equipment. He makes sure his cloak is secure before opening it and digging into one of its inside pockets. "Flying sounds fun, but you might be overestimating me." He pulls out a thin, 8 inch long crystal with a reddish hue, inspecting it as he speaks. "I can stay maybe a foot from a surface and move just fine, anymore and I'll lose all ways to propel myself, end up looking like a helpless loon." Satisfied with the dorje, he puts it back in its pocket and reaches for the blade on his right side, a simple shortsword. "Nah, I think I'll walk. If it's just 500ft it shouldn't take long, at a brisk pace maybe a minute and a half" Putting the shortsword away, he reaches for the blade on his left, a cutlass with a crystal blade and showing amazing craftsmanship. "If anyone's watching our way though, I'll just go under." After running his left hand over the blade he runs through a few basic motions to warm up before he sheathes it back in place.

"Ah, thanks Aster" He watches as this new glow seeps in with wonder. He pieces a few thought together before smirking. "...and that was Draconic, correct? Hehe, this ought to be fun."

Thunderbuckets
2008-02-02, 02:27 AM
Asterisque

Aster looks up from her invoking to nod at Cyrus' recognition of her language. "Fun? Oh yes. It's going to be a hell of a time."

Fax Celestis
2008-02-02, 12:51 PM
Illumina unsheathes her long sword and begins inspecting it. As she does so, she says, "I'll be flying, myself. I don't doubt that I can probably fly rings around most of you, but I'll try to keep you close."

Jimblee
2008-02-02, 02:06 PM
Kryss


"I don't have your gift of flight yet, I'm afraid."

"Well, ain't that a shame." She says it more to herself than in response to the girl.

Kryss frowns at Asterique as she does all those fancy tricks. She isn't a fan of all that highfalutin hodge podge - talking all funny, making flashes, all that unnecessary flare. Captian was right about her.

When she sees that Cyrus isn't going to be joining her, she mutters something about "Keepin' an eye out", perhaps directed at the ghost. Not a fan of their types, either. She makes a small motion with her hands, her eyes flash purple, then fade back to their usual sky blue, though not without an unusual brightness to them. She doesn't know what that ghost's capable of just yet.

A grin passes her face at the next thought - none of those squealing merchant's going to hide from her now.

See the Unseen, 24 hours, See Invisibility + Darkvision 60 ft

kpenguin
2008-02-02, 09:00 PM
Lukan

Lukan opens his mouth into a very grin.

"I think I'll be takin' to t' sea, if you don't mind. I can swim as smartly as I can run."

He holds up his finned gauntlets, showing them off for all to see.

"Thanks t' these beauties, o' course. Cost me a load o' doubloons, but..."

Luken rolls a shrug. It is intricate, beautiful, well-practiced, and somehow gives off the message of "could you expect any less from someone as great as I?"

Kellus
2008-02-02, 10:45 PM
After she realizes that none of you are going to be taking the rowboat, Vanessa's eyes narrow. "Alright, think you're too good for our Whelp, that's just fine. Best 'a luck to you," she sneers.

True to the captain's word, the Siren drops its sails about 600ft. from the shore. You shove off, and head towards the coast.

About 250ft. away from the Siren, however, Illumina and Cyrus notice a disturbance. Illumina can see dim shapes moving under the water, and Cyrus on the surface can hear a low pulsating noise coming from below.

http://usera.imagecave.com/Kellus/Encounter11.png

Illumina and Cyrus sense something coming, and can take a turn. Everybody please roll initiative.

Tacitus
2008-02-03, 12:04 AM
Adun HP: 60/61 AC: 22 (21 FF, 11 T) Initiative: [roll0]
Land Speed: 20'+15'
+Arstor HP: 15/15 AC: 15 Initiative: [roll1]
Land Speed: 30'+10'

Just below the surface Adun glances down through the waters to his father so far below but is unable to see him effectively due to the distance. With him being out of range he would continue on towards the shore to rest just out of sight under water until given further instruction. Adun was currently under the water but only so he could look down to his father and would hope to head back to the surface soon.

((Forgot he could walk on water, and didn't get around to mentioning it. ^_^``))

Essentia:12 (-4) (E=Essentia Invested) Capacity 3, +1 for bold
Soulmelds:
[3] Sailor's Bracers: +4 to Swim/Prof (Sailor)/Use Rope, +2E
[0] Dissolving Spittle: 1d6 acid damage at 60ft ranged touch. +Ed6
[0] Necrocarnate Weapon: Melee weapon=Evil. +E damage. +E confirm crit. Vs Living only
[2] Necrocarnate Circlet: Blindsight vs Undead 30ft. +E turn resist to undead w/in 30ft
: Create Arstor, Necrocarnum Zombie Aristocrat
[3] Cerulean Sandals: Walk on Water. +5E to land speed.
[Bound]: Dimension Door 70ft per day in increments of 10. Soulmeld Unshapes after total has been used. [[B]70/70 remaining]

Feats: Capacity: 2 (change E only once per 24hrs)
[2] Healing Soul: E/day heal 2Ehp as swift
[2] Midnight Dodge: Dodge for +E to AC

Arstor's Essentia Investment: Capacity: 1 Essentia: (See Circlet)
[1] Incarnum Defence: +E to AC and Saves
[1] Incarnum Speed: +10E to speed and +2E to Initiative

Fax Celestis
2008-02-03, 01:29 AM
Illumina will pause momentarily, then utter, "Look out," before drawing her sword and diving into the water towards the disturbance. Dependent on what is there, Illumina will have different actions: if there is a group, she will head for the nearest and attack1. If there is a single creature, she will cast a spell2 upon it from some range. In either case, she directs her dark companion to first flank the nearest opponent3.

Initiative (1d20 2=6) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1480580/)
1Partial charge. Attack; Damage (1d20+8=20, 1d8+1=8) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1480581/) Hits AC 20 for 8 damage. Illumina's AC -2 until next turn.
2Armor lock, in the unlikely event that the nearest target is wearing metal armor: Speed reduced to 10', denied Dex-to-AC. Fort negates (DC 16), SR Yes, 4 rounds.

In the very likely event that no opponent will be wearing metal armor, she'll instead cast backbiter on a creature that carries a weapon.Target: One weapon. Next melee attack made with it strikes the wielder instead of the target. No attack roll. Magic weapons get a Will save (DC 16). Will negates, SR Yes (Object), 4 rounds.

Failing even that, she'll stick with the partial charge above.

Kellus, it occurs to me that I need to talk to you about the Hexblade's crappy spell list and potentially making some alterations.
3-2 penalty to saves and AC to any creature next to Illumina's Dark Companion.

Ryuuk
2008-02-03, 09:20 AM
Cyrus HP 33/33, AC 17 (+4 Dex, +3 Natural), Initiative: 16 (in the OoC thread)

“Hmm, from here maybe 1 and ¾ minutes, yeah, seems about right.” Cyrus pushes himself over the ships rail, but rather then fall like common sense would dictate, he has to push against the side of the ship to give gravity a hand.

He seems tense, maybe just focused on staying in tune with the wave’s crests and peaks. When he hears the pulse, he stops. Normally, he would have just risen higher to have a better view and keep a safe distance, but given that he wasn’t alone anymore that seemed rather selfish. When he watches Ilumina dive, he sees the noise as a real threat, which sadly, gave him one clear course of action. He turns to the skies. “Kryss, there might be something down there, I’m gonna take a look.”

He closes his eyes. His right hand reaches for his cutlass’s hilt, but his left seems to grab hold of the side of the cloak gripping tightly, very tightly. With a small splash, gravity seems to finally pick up the slack and plunges Cyrus into the water. As he goes in, his eyes seem to open wide with fear until the cloak animates. It wraps itself around Cyrus covering him up entirely. When it opens up again, instead of revealing a xeph, it shows a white underbelly with a series of gills. The cloak itself stretches and becomes winglike and a long spine seems to grow behind it. It takes a few seconds for Cyrus to adapt, but when he does so he seems to move naturally underwater. The manta ray turns to the origin of the pulse.

Surprise round, so all I can do is use the Standard Action to turn off Scorn Earth. Not sure how much he would fall in, I’m taking it as 10ft for now. Initiative action would depend on what the enemy is, but it would most likely be either:

a) Manifesting Entangling Ectoplasm on the nearest enemy if he didn’t win initiative.
b) Manifesting Animal Affinity to raise a stat by four if the enemy is too close to act.
c) Spring Attack the nearest foe if we’re already under attack, possible flanking and powering the deep crystal cutlass.

Either way, I’ll decide when Initiative is rolled.

Jimblee
2008-02-03, 10:07 AM
Kryss

She seemed all too eager to get off the ship and out to battle. When the party had set off on their respective methods of travel, she was already out in front. She hadn't noticed Illumnia's dive, and would have easily continued to the island if it were not for Cyrus calling her.

Thunderbuckets
2008-02-03, 12:14 PM
Asterisque
HP: 90/90

Aster pushes herself off from the edge of the ship fluidly and streams into the water with a defiant grace. When she hears muttering coming from the flight team above, she wonders what's going on, but the thick water around her prevents any surprise actions...

Current Draconic Aura: Swiftness (All party members within 30ft of me get +2 Climb, Swim, Jump and +10ft to Fly, Swim or Climb Speeds.)

Initiative: [roll0]

Kellus
2008-02-04, 12:32 AM
Initiative Breakdown

{table=head]Character|Init.
Arstor|21
Asterisque|18
Cyrus|16
Kryss|14
Adun|12
Monsters|11
Illumina|6[/table]

Map

http://usera.imagecave.com/Kellus/Encounter12.png

Sensing something wrong, Cyrus calls a warning to Kryss, before activating his magical cloak and dropping into the water.

Not a moment too soon, as it turns, out, for the indistinct shapes under the water quickly become visible. They rise up out of the ocean on huge pillars of water; they look a bit like octopi, but no octopus ever had such wicked spikes on their tentacles, nor such a cruel gleam in their fleshy eyes.

The first beast to emerge shoots into the sky on a pillar of water, which comes to a halt below Illumina. Flinging a tentacle at her, the spikes seem to meet some resistance at her ectoplasm, but pass through it to no effect.

The second monster jets out of the water near Kryss, but stops just short of range to strike her with its flailing appendage.

A third creature rises to slightly below sea level, and strikes one of its tentacles down into Asterisque's swimming form. The wicked barbs on the tentacle gouge into her skin, leaving blood trailing through the water.

Yet another monster rises up below Cyrus, in his newly-adopted manta ray form. It strikes its tentacles into him, but the attack glances off of his toughened manta ray hide.

One last monster rises up, but only surveys the situation with large, black bulbous eyes.

Illumina quickly commands her shadowy companion to place its hex on her attacker. Gripping her ghostly longsword, she swings it down into the fleshy body of her assailant as it is distracted by the being of darkness. The monstrosity squeals in pain as a foul-smelling pus spurts from the wound.

Asterisque takes 8 damage and needs to make a Fortitude save. Everybody can post their actions for the 1st round of combat.

Fax Celestis
2008-02-04, 12:43 AM
Illumina directs her dark companion to doggedly follow the octopoid she attacked with her blade before releasing a mournful wail that sounds as if the dead themselves would cry at her plight.1

1All opponents within 30': Will save DC 18 or be panicked for Panic duration (2d4=5) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1481238/) five rounds. Sonic, necromantic, mind-affecting, fear effect.

Tacitus
2008-02-04, 01:57 AM
HP: 60/61 AC: 22 (21 FF, 11 T) Initiative: 12
Land Speed: 20'+0'
+Arstor HP: 15/15 AC: 15 Initiative: 21
Land Speed: 30'+10'

With a maelstrom of battle stirring up around him Adun shoots to the surface as streams of blue energy trail in his wake. [Essentia allocation-Swift] The torc around his neck glows with a sickly light as he emerges from the water and turns his gaze upon the strange creatures that have attacked the group. Centering his sights on the one near Illumina [#2] he rears back and whips his head forward to spit forth a globe of sticky green ooze at the creature.

All the while Arstor keeps walking on towards shore, quite oblivious at this point.

Ranged Touch Attack: [roll0]
Acid Damage: [roll1]
+2 Dodge AC vs #2

Essentia:12 (-4) (E=Essentia Invested) Capacity 3, +1 for bold
Soulmelds:
[3] Sailor's Bracers: +4 to Swim/Prof (Sailor)/Use Rope, +2E
[3] Dissolving Spittle: 1d6 acid damage at 60ft ranged touch. +Ed6
[0] Necrocarnate Weapon: Melee weapon=Evil. +E damage. +E confirm crit. Vs Living only
[2] Necrocarnate Circlet: Blindsight vs Undead 30ft. +E turn resist to undead w/in 30ft
: Create Arstor, Necrocarnum Zombie Aristocrat
[0] Cerulean Sandals: Walk on Water. +5E to land speed.
[Bound]: Dimension Door 70ft per day in increments of 10. Soulmeld Unshapes after total has been used. [[B]70/70 remaining]

Feats: Capacity: 2 (change E only once per 24hrs)
[2] Healing Soul: E/day heal 2Ehp as swift
[2] Midnight Dodge: Dodge for +E to AC

Arstor's Essentia Investment: Capacity: 1 Essentia: (See Circlet)
[1] Incarnum Defence: +E to AC and Saves
[1] Incarnum Speed: +10E to speed and +2E to Initiative

Thunderbuckets
2008-02-04, 02:16 AM
Asterisque
HP: 82/90

Aster tries to twist aside from the blow, but the barbed tentacle bites into her flesh. Her eyes flash steel-grey in anger. "Nice try," she says, her voice warbly distorted by the water, " But that's not going to stop me." And with that, a viscous, coppery fluid spews from her mouth, spiralling perfectly through the water into the midsection of the beast that attacked her.

Fortitude Save: [roll0]

Free Action: 5ft step...er, swim, NW one square, same altitude.

Standard Action: Acid Breath against #4: [roll1] damage, Reflex DC 19 Half. (Recharge Time: [roll2])

Move Action: Draw Silver Dagger (so I can flank things and make AoOs!)

Swift Action: Change Draconic Aura to Toughness (DR 2/Magic for anyone within 30 ft of me) (Not many people seem to be meleeing this turn, so next turn I'll give it over to melee damage boosts)

Jimblee
2008-02-04, 05:28 AM
Kryss HP 29/29, AC 19

Kryss seemed taken aback by the explosion of the monsters, and, for a moment, she seems as if she is going to fall from the air. But, when the monster comes closest to her, she looses her shock instead for a bold eagerness. A smile passes her face. "Why, hello there."

Her hands begin to leak a strange dark substance, her cloak flaps as though a great pair of bat wings. She rises in the air, points her hands, and lets out a bolt of streaming, dripping eldritch power, hopefully hitting the monster closest to her.

Rise 10 ft
Attack: 14, Damage: 17 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1480741/) (Had some roller trouble :smallfrown:)

Ryuuk
2008-02-04, 08:07 AM
Cyrus

Taken aback by the strange creatures, Cyrus scans the field for some better positioning. Having just barely avoided one attack, he decides that his best option would be to simply keep moving. Cyrus slips away from the monster that nearly got him and begins dashing through the waters, quite proud of the speed at which his cloak lets him move. He makes sure dash past his foes before they can react, almost taunting them. Nevertheless, his eye is set on the beast that attacked Asterisque. As he skims the beast, a sudden glow appears underneath him and a high pitched mental hum is heard as Cyrus attacks it. As he retreats after the blow, the seems arm can be seen protruding out of the manta ray’s underbelly, holding the cutlass as it crackles with energy.

Tumble to avoid attacks from 1 and 5 (Against AoO would have 21 thanks to mobility though) and move adjacent to Asterisque and spring attack 4, so no AoO there. Movement would beas follows: Right and rise 5 feet while tumbling (20ft due to half speed), move right and rise 5ft (10ft), move down (5ft, should be over Lukan for reference), move right and down (5ft), move right (5ft), move right (5ft, should be flanking with Asterisque at this point, attack is here), move down (5ft), move down (5ft)

Should just barely be doable with the 60ft swim speed.

Tumble Checks Against 1 and 5:
[roll0] DC 15
[roll1] DC 17

Attack on 4 [roll2]
Crit Confirm? [roll3]
Damage
Base: [roll4] -2 for using a slashing weapon
Sneak Attack: [roll5]
Deep Crystal Burst [roll6]

HP 33/33, AC 19 (+2 through expeditious dodge), 23 against charges (sidestep charge, failed charge attacks would also provoke AoO)

kpenguin
2008-02-04, 10:30 AM
Lukan

Dun do do do Lukan Gale dun do do doooo greatest pirate of all dun do do do dun-do doooo-


Lukan's inner monologue (more of an inner performance, really) was interrupted when he noticed his companions had broke formations to fight some big octopi monsters.

Finally, a place to use my sword. Now I'll show them glory that is Lukan Gale!

He quickly draws Wave's Edge from his side, its grey steel faintly shining with a cool blue light. He darts towards the nearest beast, the one not engaged with any of his companions.


Move Action: Move action down towards #5
Standard Action: Attack with Wave's Edge (+1 Aquatic Rapier)
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

kpenguin
2008-02-04, 10:31 AM
OOC: Whoops, forgot Init: [roll0]

Kellus
2008-02-05, 12:41 AM
Initiative

{table=head]Character|Init.
Arstor|21
Asterisque|18
Cyrus|16
Kryss|14
Adun|12
Monsters|11
Lukan|9
Illumina|6[/table]

Map

http://usera.imagecave.com/Kellus/Encounter14.png

Ploddingly, methodically, Arstor continues to trudge towards the shores of Bevess, unaware of the battle overhead.

Asterisque glides through the water, spins, and breathes a line of corrosive acid into her attacker. Some of the acid simply slides off, but the creature hisses in pain as its fleshy hide starts to sizzle. She feels a slight heaviness in her veins after the monster's attack, but she shakes it off and focuses on the situation at hand.

Clearly hoping to capitalize on her attack, Cyrus uses his manta ray cloak to swim in an elaborate pattern. He dodges and darts past the monsters, even spiralling around a swung tentacle when one of them gets an opening to attack. Darting in nimbly, he strikes Asterisque's foe with a brutal blow which resonates with psionic energy. Pus and sizzling blood leaks out copiously into the water, and the beast seems to crumple somewhat. Before it gives a loud moan and explodes in a burst of acid. Lukan and Cyrus, caught in the burst, both manage to avoid the worst of it through fast reflexes, but they're both caught by some of the corrosive fluid. As they gape, it begins burning into their flesh, causing exquisite pain wherever it touches flesh.

Kryss watches this, and flies slightly higher. Loosing her eldritch energies, she fires an arcane blast straight into the belly of a closer monstrosity. It houls in agony as the blast sears into its skin.

Adun rises to the surface of the water, while manipulating the essentia that flows through his body. Activating a soulmeld, he shoots an acidic globule at Illumina's attacker. As with Asterisque's breath, some of the acid seems to slough off of the monster's skin, but it still seems to permeate to some degree, judging from the thrashing of the thing's tentacles.

Provoked, Adun's target reaches out with several of its tentacles at the closest target: Illumina. Three of its tentacles flail out at her; one of them glances off of an invisible resistance, while another simply passes through her ectoplasm. The last, however, seems to penetrate all her defences, writing a gash along her shoulder.

Another of the monsters, near Lukan, closes with him and lashes out with a barbed pseudopod. Distracted by the acid explosion, the appendage gouges into his torso, spilling blood into the salty water.

The third octopus beast rises ever higher on its pillar of water, and swings a tentacle towards its airborne foe: Kryss. The tentacle flies true, and her eldritch blood flies through the air as it scores cuts along her legs from below.

The final monster swims deep underwater, dropping below Adun and Asterisque. Opening its maw, a jet of hard water erupts from the sea, striking both of them squarely. Although Adun manages to avoid the worst of it, Asterisque takes the blast square-on.

Lukan sees a chance to attack, and drops lower into the water to strike with his rapier. Unfortunately, although his aim is true, the blow glances off of the monster's tough and fleshy skin.

Illumina, mustering her necromantic powers, spreads fear and misery through the two monsters nearby. They shudder and begin to squeal miserably, a hideous keening that fills the air.

• Cyrus and Lukan take 6 acid damage each from the explosion.
• Illumina takes 7 damage from the tentacle.
• Lukan takes 8 damage (after Asterisque's aura) from the tentacle, and needs to make a Fortitude save.
• Kryss takes 11 damage from the tentacle, and needs to make a Fortitude save.
• Adun takes 3 damage (after Asterisque's aura) from the jet of water.
• Asterisque takes 8 damage (after her aura) from the jet of water.

Thunderbuckets
2008-02-05, 01:32 AM
Asterisque
HP: 74/90

Twisting aside to avoid the corrosive explosion, Aster nods thanks at the ray'd Cyrus before turning her attention to the two monsters below her. Acid didn't work, so let's try something a little... unexpected. Opening her mouth again, a rush or warmth blossoms around her as the impossible happens: the water bursts into flame. Tendrils of crackling red light, looking rather violet in the blue water, snake towards the cephalopods. Rather than scorching their hides, though, the flames seem to wrap around their bodies, squeezing them tighter and tighter.

Aster takes the distraction to swim to the surface, breaking through the waves next to a soaked Adun. "Fancy seeing you here," she gasps, looking around and noting that Kryss and Illumina appear to have another pair of the creatures on the run. Grinning, she pulls out her second dagger and dives back down, her eyes flashing like steel in the gloom...


Standard Action: Fire Breath Weapon, 15ft cone. Since cones are so fun in 3D battles, I can hit #5 and #1 from my current position if I tilt my head at the proper angle. Using Entangling Exhalation; [roll0] Fire Damage to each, Reflex 16 Half. Any squiddies who take damage from the breath weapon are automatically entangled for [roll1] rounds and take 1d6 Fire damage at the start of each turn.

Acid Breath Recharge: 2

Move Action: Swim 10ft up to the surface, 5ft left, 5ft south and draw my second dagger. I think I need a Tumble check to avoid an AoO at one point, so [roll2]. If that wasn't necessary, please ignore.

Swift Action: Change Draconic Aura to Power (+2 Damage to all melee attacks. Let's get these buggers!)

Tacitus
2008-02-05, 01:48 PM
HP: 57/61 AC: 22-2 Initiative: 12
Land Speed: 20'+10'
+Arstor HP: 15/15 AC: 14+0 Initiative: 19
Land Speed: 30'+0'

Adun only barely catches what Aster says and flashes her a smile as he can feel draconic power welling up within him. Leaning back he dives into the water with a surge of blue light that ripples through the water around him. [Essentia Allocation] With all the strength he can muster he charges through the churning waters to strike the one directly below him [#5] with his morningstar, tendrils of blackness leaping out from it to lash the beast.

Charge!
Melee Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] (1 STR, 3 Necro Weap, 2 Aura)

If Crit [roll2] includes +3 from Necro Weap
[roll3]

Essentia:12 (-4) (E=Essentia Invested) Capacity 3, +1 for bold
Soulmelds:
[3] Sailor's Bracers: +4 to Swim/Prof (Sailor)/Use Rope, +2E
[0] Dissolving Spittle: 1d6 acid damage at 60ft ranged touch. +Ed6
[3] Necrocarnate Weapon: Melee weapon=Evil. +E damage. +E confirm crit. Vs Living only
[0] Necrocarnate Circlet: Blindsight vs Undead 30ft. +E turn resist to undead w/in 30ft
: Create Arstor, Necrocarnum Zombie Aristocrat
[2] Cerulean Sandals: Walk on Water. +5E to land speed.
[Bound]: Dimension Door 70ft per day in increments of 10. Soulmeld Unshapes after total has been used. [[B]70/70 remaining]

Feats: Capacity: 2 (change E only once per 24hrs)
[2] Healing Soul: E/day heal 2Ehp as swift
[2] Midnight Dodge: Dodge for +E to AC

Arstor's Essentia Investment: Capacity: 1 Essentia: (See Circlet)
[0] Incarnum Defence: +E to AC and Saves
[0] Incarnum Speed: +10E to speed and +2E to Initiative

Poor Arstor, he never gets the memo, but oddly enough he still has his top hat.

Fax Celestis
2008-02-05, 02:33 PM
Infuriated by the tentacle's strike, Illumina's eyes flare a shining, incredible violet, nigh-on the end of the visible spectrum as she directs her companion near the beast. Similarly-colored bolts of energy fire from her eyes towards the offending cephalopoid.1

Illumina: 27/34 HP
1Gaze attack (Damage; Cha damage), Fort DC 18 negates. (2d10=15, 1d4=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1482842/)

Ryuuk
2008-02-05, 05:13 PM
Cyrus 27/33 HP, AC 19 (+2 through expeditious dodge), 23 against charges (sidestep charge, failed charge attacks would also provoke AoO)

Writhing from the acid, Cyrus tries to shrug it off as he continues his run. The explosion was unexpected, but the things were a much bigger threat alive. He swims at full speed, going over the beast that Lukan is already fighting and trying to cut into it once again as he dives down, the psionic burst is missing with this swipe though.

The course would be as follows this time: North 15ft (3 squares), Northwest 20ft (3 squares), Dive 15ft (3 squares), attack while flanking with Lukan and finally dive 10 more feet. Should end at the square across from Lukan 25ft under.

Attack: [roll0] (+9 base, +2 Flank, +2 Aura Sorry, the result would be 14)
Damage: [roll]1d6+1[roll] - 2 from using slashing underwater
Sneak Attack: [roll1]

In case it explodes again, Reflex at +11, Evasion

Jimblee
2008-02-05, 07:26 PM
Kryss HP: 18/29, AC: 19

Kryss lets out a shout from the hit. She seems to have half-enjoyed the blow, though whether that comes from the thrill of battle or simple love of pain is unclear. That was an awfully powerful blow, at least to her. The thought of her blood raining down to the fighters below would normally have come to her, but she is otherwise preoccupied. She performs some acrobatic maneuvers in the air, pointing her hands at the octopus-creature and letting loose another shot of her eldritch power.


Move backward 15ft, then Eldritch Blast

Fortitude: 1d20 + 2 → [14,2] = (16) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1483016/)
Acrobatics (if necessary): 1d20 + 6 → [12,6] = (18) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1483031/)
Attack; Damage: 21; 18 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1483032/)

kpenguin
2008-02-06, 01:43 AM
Lukan

The blow sets Lukan back a little. His mouth opens for a quick silent groan of pain in the water. The blow did quite a number on his torso, but otherwise he was fine.

How dare this beast strike the great Lukan Gale?!

Gritting his teeth, his heart rebound with courage and a bit of anger, Lukan grips his rapier and bears in for two quick stabs.


Full Attacking

Attack1
[roll0]
[roll1]

Attack2
[roll2]
[roll3]

Kellus
2008-02-06, 01:53 AM
Initiative

{table=head]Character|Init.
Arstor|19
Asterisque|18
Cyrus|16
Kryss|14
Adun|12
Monsters|11
Lukan|9
Illumina|6[/table]

Map

http://usera.imagecave.com/Kellus/Encounter15.png

Arstor continues to slowly trudge towards the shore, looking quite snazzy in his top hat.

Aster calls upon her draconic power to let loose with a sizzling exhalation that seems to wrap and bind around the octopi it covers. Afterwards, she quickly performs a series of swimming maneuvers, even dodging a wayward tentacle from an irate octopoid.

Cyrus uses his cloak to swim in an elaborate pattern, weaving through the melee with the greatest of ease. He slashes at his target beast with ferocity, but it manages to dart out of the way just in time to avoid the deadly blow.

Up in the air, Kryss Malovar floats backwards from the monster that assailed her, answering its attack with an eldritch balst of her own. The blast easily connects, plunging its arcane energies into the beast's heart; it seems to almost explode from the inside out, as acid, pus, and flesh fly through the air. Kryss herself gets splattered with some of the sizzling substance, but luckily for Illumina the acid simply passes through her ethereal body.

Adun seizes the opportunity to make a quick charge through the water. His morningstar flies through the salty water, easily connecting with the unsuspecting target. The monster moans in pain as the strike bludgeons and bruises it.

Embroiled in the battle and the tightening flames of Asterisque's breath, the first monster to act lashes out with its tentacles at the closest targets. Lukan manages to dodge the strike, and the coils of flame slow the monster's arm enough for Adun to dodge one of the thrashes as well. Unfortunately for the necrocarnate, the second strike against him is steadier and stronger, and hits true. The barbs cut deep into his skin, causing him to cry out.

Asterisque's other target rises sluggishly in the water, and lunges out with a tentacle to hit its assailant. This time the tentacle flies easily through the water, tearing more gouges into her thigh.

Illumina's target is filled with unnatural fear, and flees with great haste. It drops quickly through the air, dodging Illumina's oppurtunistic blow as it does.

Lukan recoils from the blow dealt him, but replies in kind. Wave’s Edge flies through the water, striking a deadly blow. Asterisque’s draconic presence adds strength to his arm as the blade gouges deep into the monster’s innards.

Illumina unleashes her necromantic powers in a hideous glare that could freeze ice. The octopus-beast isn't made of ice, but the assault proves more than sufficient to rip its body to shreds as it dives in fear. Although it has already dived far enough that the explosion of acid doesn't hit Illumina, the substance covers Adun, Asterisque, Cyrus, and even its fellow monster. Luckily, Adun seems to avoid the worst of the splatter, and through uncanny reflexes, Cyrus manages to dodge the entire explosion.

• Kryss takes 9 acid damage from the first explosion.
• Adun takes 5 damage, and needs to make a Fortitude save.
• Asterisque takes 3 damage, and needs to make another Fortitude save.
• Asterisque takes 11 acid damage from the second explosion.
• Adun takes 5 damage from the second explosion.
• Cyrus: I forgot last turn that he has evasion, and hence should have taken no damage from the first monster's explosion. Net result: gain 6 hp.

Thunderbuckets
2008-02-06, 10:53 AM
Asterisque
HP 60/90

Splattered with the explosive acid, Aster glares up at Illumina, half-impressed and half-annoyed. "Next time, don't chase a bomb into our midst and then blow it up!" Still, she can't complain with the handy way the ghost dispatched her target, as Kryss did hers.

"Take these two out from a distance," she calls to the flyers. Then, eyes focussed on the octopoid adjacent to her, still wrapped in the red lines of fire, she jets away, starting to feel the aches quietly pile up on her small body. Her eyes darken as she considers the conditions of her companions. "Kryss! Are you alright up there? You seem... battered. If you need healing..."

Fortitude Save: [roll0]

Full round Withdraw to get out of the melee where I currently can't do much else other than hemorrage more of my health to acid explosions. Two squares UR, two squares right, two squares DR and come to a halt.

Acid Breath Recharge time: 1 round

Swift action: Draconic Aura back over to Toughness (DR 2/Magic)

Fax Celestis
2008-02-06, 12:25 PM
Damn it, Illumina thinks to herself as the explosion catches her compatriots within the blast. Didn't mean to do that.

Quickly, she indicates to her dark companion that it should move to the next nearest target as she does the same herself. Got to get in range, she thinks. Once she is, her eyes glimmer again and a second bolt blazes towards the beast.1

HP: 27/34
1Gaze attack: Damage; CHA damage; Fort DC 18 negates. (2d10=6, 1d4=1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1483645/)

Jimblee
2008-02-06, 05:32 PM
Kryss HP: 9/29 AC: 19

Kryss reacts violently from the acid splash; she flails and howls in desperate attempt to get the stuff off, at one point almost falling from the sky for but a moment. But it is a moment quickly seized by rage - she floats to her previous position, takes aim at the fleeing bomb-creature, and lets out a concentrated blast from both her fists. It seems different form her previous ones - thin, long, and more 'solid'.

Her red bandanna slowly falls to the battle below; scraped off in her mad attempt to swipe away the viscous affliction.

Eldritch Spear: Increases range of Eldritch Blast by 250' with no range increment.
Attack; damage: 21; 18 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1483933/)

Tacitus
2008-02-07, 02:44 PM
HP: 47/61 AC: 22 Initiative: 12
Land Speed: 20'+10'
+Arstor HP: 15/15 AC: 14+0 Initiative: 19
Land Speed: 30'+0'

Though it seemed his previous ranged assault was only partially effective he thought it best to stop being near the damn things. He bursts up to stand atop the water once more just before a cloud of blue light obscured him for a half moment. When it cleared he whipped his head forward in another expulsion of dissolving spittle aimed at the beast on the surface.

Ranged Touch: [roll0]
Acid: [roll1]

Essentia:12 (-4) (E=Essentia Invested) Capacity 3, +1 for bold
Soulmelds:
[3] Sailor's Bracers: +4 to Swim/Prof (Sailor)/Use Rope, +2E
[3] Dissolving Spittle: 1d6 acid damage at 60ft ranged touch. +Ed6
[0] Necrocarnate Weapon: Melee weapon=Evil. +E damage. +E confirm crit. Vs Living only
[0] Necrocarnate Circlet: Blindsight vs Undead 30ft. +E turn resist to undead w/in 30ft
: Create Arstor, Necrocarnum Zombie Aristocrat
[2] Cerulean Sandals: Walk on Water. +5E to land speed.
[Bound]: Dimension Door 70ft per day in increments of 10. Soulmeld Unshapes after total has been used. [[B]70/70 remaining]

Feats: Capacity: 2 (change E only once per 24hrs)
[2] Healing Soul: E/day heal 2Ehp as swift
[2] Midnight Dodge: Dodge for +E to AC

Arstor's Essentia Investment: Capacity: 1 Essentia: (See Circlet)
[0] Incarnum Defence: +E to AC and Saves
[0] Incarnum Speed: +10E to speed and +2E to Initiative

Arstor seems to have found a shiny rock. Seeing as how he was not instructed to stop for shiny rocks he ignores it and keeps walking.

kpenguin
2008-02-07, 07:32 PM
Lukan

Seeing his sword wound the beast, Lukan makes a slight grin. He then opens his mouth for great laugh as he swings his sword twice again for the kill. The laugh is for dramatic effect, of course, since its almost silent underwater. The water doesn't project his voice too well.


Full Attack

Attack One
[roll0]
[roll1]

Attack Two
[roll2]
[roll3]

Ryuuk
2008-02-07, 08:24 PM
Cyrus 33/33 HP, AC 19 (+2 through expeditious dodge), 23 against charges (sidestep charge, failed charge attacks would also provoke AoO)

Changing direction, Cyrus now turns to the surface. The odd hand coming from the manta ray's underbelly holds the cutlass straight out as he rises through the water. He aims for the one that Lukan is engaged with.

Move to flank and attack creature 5 with Lukan, then spring attack to two squares to the left of Ilumina's Dark Companion on the map.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1] -2 from using slashing, possible +2 from the aura
Sneak [roll2]

(Pardon the short post, school's kept me rather busy)

Kellus
2008-02-08, 01:09 AM
Map

http://usera.imagecave.com/Kellus/Encounter16.png

Arstor continues to walk slowly towards the far shore, stopping not even for a pretty piece of pyrite.

Asterisque, recognizing that the octopus monsters are probably about to blow up, hightails it out of there before she's caught in more corrosive explosions.

Cyrus quickly rises to the surface to take advantage of the distracted monster. While Lukan prods at it from the front, Cyrus delivers a killer blow from behind, right in between the ink sacs. Unfortunately for him, the blow turns out to be too much of a killer strike, as the monster shudders and explodes, showering him with viscous, burning goo. Luckily for him, thanks to his years of training his reflexes to a near-supernatural level, he manages to somehow avoid the entire blast once again. Unfortunately, Adun and Lukan, also near the monster, are not so fortunate. They're splattered with the sizzling substance, which begins to eat hideously into their flesh.

Meanwhile, Kryss nonchalantly lets loose with a third eldritch blast, focused into a thinner, more durable form. The spear strikes the final octopus decisively, sending its aberrant blood streaming through the murky waves. It moans, clearly unhappy with the current tactical situation.

Adun, more than happy to put an end to its suffering, gathers his essentia into an acidic burst. The shot flies straight and true towards the creature and the blast tears into it, causing a chain reaction which results in a fifth and final detonation of gore. Which luckily doesn't hit anyone after Aster's timely escape.

Illumina pauses, somewhat dejectedly, as there remains no one to turn her frightful gaze upon.

Adun and Lukan both take 13 acid damage from the fourth explosion.

Everybody receives 1,000 XP.

Tacitus
2008-02-08, 01:31 AM
Adun HP: 34/61
+Arstor HP: 15/15

Standing atop the waters Adun crouches down and leans heavily against his knees as he stares down into the bloodied waters. His breathing is heavy and his armor is slightly banged up but he looks no worse for wear and certainly seems able to get under way again shortly. Between breaths he manages to speak, "If we... ever see... those again... I'm keep- ...-ing my... distance. God that hurt."

Fax Celestis
2008-02-08, 12:24 PM
"Such is the problem with maintaining a corporeal form. Come on, then: we've a job to do," Illumina says with a slight tone of condescension to Adun. She hovers over the water, cleaning her longsword, and the unearthly glow in her eyes appears to have subsided for now.

Jimblee
2008-02-08, 04:14 PM
Kryss HP: 21/29

Kryss grins down at the scene below her - broken comrades, and no corpses to be seen. In the moments that follow, she slowly looses the joyousness that had consumed her during the fray, and gains her sullen disposition once more. She pulls from her pouch a wand and disposes a few charges onto one of her more severe wounds. The light characteristic of a healing spell seems dull when floating from her touch, but otherwise efficient.

Her enchantment bears her lower, as to be closer to the group. She makes a small hopeful glance for her bandanna, and continues towards the shore without a word. That burning desire in her gut for more sadistic blasts dies down to a dull ache of hope for something to hurt her companions. Especially that one girl - she didn't even get to see her bleed.


UMD check (take 10): 22 vs DC 20
Cure Light Wounds x2: 6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1485942/) + 6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1485948/)

Thunderbuckets
2008-02-08, 05:04 PM
Asterisque
HP 60/90

Peering back through the water at the rest of the team, Aster smiles grimly at Adun's complaint. "Come on," she nods, turning towards Bevess, "I don't know if there are sharks in this stretch, but there probably will be soon, considering all we've left behind." She considers healing her wounds, but decides that her draconic energy might go to better use later.

Kryss matches her pace a short ways behind in the air, and Aster gives the little pyromaniac a momentary consideration. She didn't like that sidelong glare the girl kept giving her... Momentarily, the tart odor of acid fills her sinuses as she briefly blinks her dark eyes, then continues for the island, sheathing her daggers.

Breath weapon recharged! Not that it matters now!

Current Draconic Aura: Toughness

Ryuuk
2008-02-09, 02:30 PM
Cyrus

As the last of the things explodes, Cyrus takes a moment to take in the sudden calm. He dives once again to gain momentum before dashing through he waters and bursting out of the water. The cloak unravels itself from the manta ray as it he reaches the surface and he once again looks like his usual self, without even a drop of acid on him. Once he reaches the peak of the jump, gravity seems to forget him and he just floats there for a few seconds.

"I''d hate to like to see sharks that can eat those things actually, they'd probably have an iron gut or something. From a safe distance of course" He sheathes the cutlass, squeezes the water out of his hair and gets it out of boots before going back down to the surface of the water. Watching the others get going, he follows suit.

kpenguin
2008-02-10, 12:06 PM
Lukan

"Good show! I daresay they won't be troubling us again! Oh, how the bards shall sing our praises across the seas!

And Lukan's band of pirates
Destroyed the wretched beasts
Whose tentacles and acid innards
Were horrid to say the least

Oh and-"

Lukan catches his side and winces a little. His side is still bleeding a bit. He looks to his comrades and sees they've already started heading out. He follows, using the magic of his gauntlets to catch up.

Kellus
2008-02-11, 01:25 AM
After the brief interlude with the exploding octopi, your journey to the shores of Bevess is uninterrupted. As you make your way onto the beach, you can see the peaks of large houses and smoke rising from the island's village a small ways inland, past a rough wood. Most of the area past the beach is covered in a tangled mess of undergrowth, but there seems to be a path cut through the wild leading towards the village. Unfortunately, there are four people in the mouth of the path, glaring at you. Three of them stand on the ground, while the fourth floats a few feet of the ground.

"Aye, and what be ye wanting on Bevess," calls out one red-haired male human, his fingers resting on a swordhilt. "We seen yer ship, mates, and we know why ye're here. I seen the nasties in the sea didn't get'ye, b't don't go gettin' the wrong impression, aye? Ye'd be wise to turn 'n head on back t'yer pirate mates. We wouldn't want any blood spilled here, aye?"

http://usera.imagecave.com/Kellus/Bevessshore.png

Ryuuk
2008-02-11, 09:58 PM
Cyrus 33/33 HP, AC 19, 23 against charges (sidestep charge, failed charge attacks would also provoke AoO)


"Ah, but there's a problem with your assumption..." He takes a few silent strides forward, closing his eyes as he rubs them with his hands (manifesting Skate, Concentration check to conceal DC 16 [roll0]). "...I don't think you know the captain very well my friend. I don't either, but from what I've seen, going back now would just have the blood spill on deck." He rubs his chin with one of his hands as he goes on with the same joking tone. "Don't fret though, the predicament is ours to solve, you'll know our answer soon enough."

He looks back at the others, chuckles, and reaches for his own blade. "Sorry, I think we have better odds here."

Initiative [roll1]

Thunderbuckets
2008-02-11, 10:43 PM
Asterisque
HP 60/90

"You already consider us pirates?" Asterisque asks, her eyes cold steel. "Oh, good, that makes our job a lot easier, then." She spares a sidelong glance down the ranks of her comrades, then stares resolutely at the human male in front of her and winks, the slightest odor of burnt acid emanating from her pores.

Awareness check to notice any other beings on the beach (or any details of the islanders not visible at first glance): [roll0] Also, are the islanders carrying any visible drawn weapons or displaying any magical energy? (aside from flying girl, obviously.)

Current Draconic Aura: Toughness (DR 2/Magic)

Initiative: [roll1]

Jimblee
2008-02-11, 10:52 PM
Kryss HP: 21/29

Kryss had been frowning from the start. She had expected her comrades to somehow talk their way out of the situation, or perhaps even silently subdue them before she had a chance. But she was all ears, and all grins. Her hands practically ooze themselves with eagerness to let loose another shot. Maybe she'll start with the flying one - she looks like a screamer.

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 → [14,3] = (17) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1489548/)

Tacitus
2008-02-12, 11:00 PM
Adun
HP: 34/61 AC: 22 Initiative: [roll0]
Land Speed: 20'+5'
+Arstor HP: 15/15 AC: 14+1 Initiative: [roll1]
Land Speed: 30'+10'

Slowly drawing his weapon from the loop upon his belt he glares at the grounded woman with a hungry look. His voice came in a hoarse whisper, "Leave the woman alive and the redhead whole. Father says he looks delicious...and I'm sure I have a use for the woman." His sights focus on the redhead unless the other man looks to be an archer and can almost literally feel his body becoming more swift. He was readying to sear the flesh from the bones of the first who displayed hostilities. Arstor nods as azure wisps of energy dance under his skin, "Mrr, mrr-rrrrr."

No, and he's not thinking to use her sexually. XP

Adun: Swift, Essentia allocation. Declare Midnight Dodge on Red, Green if he looks ranged. Ready action to move forward if needed and ranged touch attack.
RTA: [roll2]
Acid: [roll3]
Arstor: Ready action to charge. Yes, a charging zombie.
Attack: [roll4]
Slam: [roll5]

Adun Awareness: [roll6]
Arstor Awareness: [roll7]

Essentia:12 (-4) (E=Essentia Invested) Capacity 3, +1 for bold
Soulmelds:
[0] Sailor's Bracers: +4 to Swim/Prof (Sailor)/Use Rope, +2E
[3] Dissolving Spittle: 1d6 acid damage at 60ft ranged touch. +Ed6
[3] Necrocarnate Weapon: Melee weapon=Evil. +E damage. +E confirm crit. Vs Living only
[1] Necrocarnate Circlet: Blindsight vs Undead 30ft. +E turn resist to undead w/in 30ft
: Create Arstor, Necrocarnum Zombie Aristocrat
[1] Cerulean Sandals: Walk on Water. +5E to land speed.
[Bound]: Dimension Door 70ft per day in increments of 10. Soulmeld Unshapes after total has been used. [[B]70/70 remaining]

Feats: Capacity: 2 (change E only once per 24hrs)
[2] Healing Soul: E/day heal 2Ehp as swift [2/2]
[2] Midnight Dodge: Dodge for +E to AC

Arstor's Essentia Investment: Capacity: 1 Essentia: 1+(See Circlet)
[1] Incarnum Defence: +E to AC and Saves
[1] Incarnum Speed: +10E to speed and +2E to Initiative

Fax Celestis
2008-02-13, 01:30 PM
Illumina says nothing but looks at her compatriots, smiles (perhaps in agreement), and begins letting out a low keening wail like that of a banshee.

Initiative (1d20 2=19) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1492594/)
Action in surprise round/first action: Frightful Moan: DC 18 Will or be panicked for Panic duration (2d4=7) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1492595/) seven rounds. Sonic, necromantic, mind-affecting, fear effect.

kpenguin
2008-02-13, 06:20 PM
Lukan

Lukan is alarmed as his companions gear up for combat.

"Friends! Friends! Surely we don't have to resort to petty violence! There's no ransom to be gained from dead bodies!"

He looks to the four humans.

"As you can see, we outnumber you by quite a bit and my companions will have no qualms in killing. Now, I, like you, don't want any blood spilled here. Why don't you just surrender now?"

Lukan eyes the women and makes a wink and a very flamboyant bow.


"Perhaps we should just get to know each other. I am Lukan Gale, at your service. You may call us pirates, but I prefer the title of expert wealth redistributor. Now please, put down your weapons and put your hands in the air. I'm not a fan of negotiating with corpses."


[roll0]
[roll1]

Kellus
2008-02-17, 05:18 AM
Initiative

{table=head]Initiative|Character
20|Pink enemy
19|Asterisque
19|Illumina
17|Kryss
16|Orange enemy
15|Cyrus
13|Lukan
11|Yellow enemy
10|Green enemy
9|Arstor
9|Adun[/table]

Map

http://usera.imagecave.com/Kellus/Encounter22.png

Even as her companion talks, one of the humans slips a hand over her face, and she fades into the backdrop of the trees and the undergrowth. In an instant she's gone, with only the whistling of the wind and the rustling of the grass where she stood.

Illumina flies closer to the mortals, and lets loose an unearthly moan. The closest of the men, heavily armoured, clamps his hands over his ears as sweat trickles down his forehead, but he doesn't seem to be filled with dread as she intended.

The original speaker frowns at the ghost and pulls out a glistening longsword, which he brandishes at her angrily. "An' what d'ye think ye'r doin' there? Think ye can frighten us with parlour tricks like that? Ye'll be leaving this isl'nd, one way or t'other."

Cyrus, wary, channels a small portion of his psionic energies so discretely that no one even bats an eye as he does so.

Meanwhile, Lukan talks brashly and tries to frighten the assailants. Although he does seem to be exceptionally scary, they don't find him especially scary from 45ft. away.

Unfortunately, you need to be threatening in melee (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/intimidate.htm) to demoralize an opponent. Great roll, though!

The heavily armoured man grips a scythe with muscled arms as he stares angrily at the bard. "The only one you'll be negotiating with, fool, is the Grimace himself. I would be glad to arrange the meeting myself." As he speaks, the woman nearby floats higher in the air, until she's on the same level as Illumina, without saying a word.

Not wasting any time, Adun commands Arstor to charge at the man speaking. Ever dutiful, the necroncarnum zombie rushes him, slamming into the man with the force of a hurricane. Never one to miss an opening, Adun lets fly a globule of corrosive acid, which strikes the man squarely in the jaw. He drops to one knee as the substance bites into him, crying in pain. "Argh! Bloody-- Grace, put down some cover b'fore I fry down 'ere!"

Jimblee
2008-02-17, 06:43 AM
Kryss HP: 21/29

"Floatin' all quiet-stuff don't matter none, piggy. Lets see ya squeal!"

She says it more to herself than the target - that deliciously frail looking floater. Already a blast shot from her oozing black fists, aiming at that round little face. It was a twisted, winding web-shot, solid like her usual snipe.

But the lust of firepower wanes in the face of cowardice; she rises fifteen feet, lest that woman have something foul up her sleeves.

Eldritch Spear - Increase attack range to 250' with no range increment
Attack; Damage - 27; 16 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1497555/)

Ryuuk
2008-02-17, 10:01 AM
Cyrus

"Ah, damn it, one of 'em left. That's just no good no matter how you cut it..." He sprints and seems to glide effortlessly towards the opponents as he draws his cutlass.

Following the Kryss's blast and taking a cue from the man with the longsword, a glob of a strange substance seems to form in his left hand. "Grace is it? Sorry, but I can't let you do that!"

With a windup, he flings it at the flying woman. It seems to grow larger as it flies, threatening to become a rather cumbersome mass if it connects.

He'll dash to three squares to the left and one square down of the flying woman. Moving diagonally, it should be 45ft away, just enough with Skate. There, he'll manifest Entangling Ectoplasm and if it connects she'll be entangled (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#entangled)
for 5 rounds, which should leave her as easy pickings for our flyers and real get on her nerves if she's a spellcaster. It has a 40ft range thanks to my manifester level, which again, should just barely be enough.

Move Action: Move
^ Free: Draw the cutlass
Standard: Manifest Entangling Ectoplasm
^ Ranged Touch Attack: [roll0]

33/33 HP, AC 21 (+2 through expeditious dodge), 25 against charges (sidestep charge, failed charge attacks would also provoke AoO)

Thunderbuckets
2008-02-17, 12:09 PM
Asterisque

Moving quickly now, Aster launches herself forward across the beach, where she looks quizzically at the scythed man in front of her. "The 'Grimace?' Really now, you can't think of a better pet name for your little god of death than that?" With that, she screams.

A sudden breeze blasts her hair back as it suddenly blazes an intense reddish color, looking like nothing so much as liquid fire on her head. Respondingly, a wave of flame rolls out of her mouth, scorching the sand as it tangles and whips towards the two soldiers on the ground. Oddly, the flame wave ignores Arstor, who's also standing in its path.

She smiles at the nearby Cyrus, who clearly had the same idea...

Move Action: 6 squares forward, drawing daggers en route.

Standard Action: Fire Breath Weapon on Redhead and Green, Entangling Exhalation, 15ft. cone.

Damage: [roll0] fire, plus entanglement. Reflex DC 16 half. If they take even 1 point of damage, entangled for [roll1] rounds, taking 1d6 extra fire at the beginning of every round.

Current Draconic Aura: Toughness (DR 2/Magic)

kpenguin
2008-02-19, 12:45 AM
Lukan

Lukan sighs.

"I suppose there's no helping it then."

Lukan quickly draws his sword, then swings it above his head in a very flamboyant flourish as he begins to sing and move slowly toward his foes.

"We will fight if you want to
We won't negotiate this time
'Cause you just won't talk
And if you won't talk
Then you're no friends of mine!"



Free Action to draw sword
Move action 30 ft. towards the two ground bound male humans
Standard action to begin using bardic music to inspire courage (+1 to attack rolls, damage rolls, and saves vs. fear to allies within hearing range)

Tacitus
2008-02-19, 12:58 AM
Adun
HP: 38/61 AC: 22 Initiative: 9
Land Speed: 20'+5'
+Arstor HP: 15/15 AC: 14+1 Initiative: 9
Land Speed: 30'+10'

Arstor continues his assault by failing his limbs at the Red man unless he has fallen by that time, whereby he will begin eating the poor fellow. Adun continues his assault, flinging another globe of acid but if there is an open opponent that he can clearly aim at without an ally in the way he will focus his fire in that direction.

Midnight Dodge remains the same
No Essentia reallocation
Adun: Swift action to heal 4HP
RTA: [roll0] possible -4 for attacking into combat
Acid: [roll1]
Arstor:
Slam: [roll2] +1 for Bardic Music
Damage: [roll3] +1 for Bardic Music?

Essentia:12 (-4) (E=Essentia Invested) Capacity 3, +1 for bold
Soulmelds:
[0] Sailor's Bracers: +4 to Swim/Prof (Sailor)/Use Rope, +2E
[3] Dissolving Spittle: 1d6 acid damage at 60ft ranged touch. +Ed6
[3] Necrocarnate Weapon: Melee weapon=Evil. +E damage. +E confirm crit. Vs Living only
[1] Necrocarnate Circlet: Blindsight vs Undead 30ft. +E turn resist to undead w/in 30ft
: Create Arstor, Necrocarnum Zombie Aristocrat
[1] Cerulean Sandals: Walk on Water. +5E to land speed.
[Bound]: Dimension Door 70ft per day in increments of 10. Soulmeld Unshapes after total has been used. [[B]70/70 remaining]

Feats: Capacity: 2 (change E only once per 24hrs)
[2] Healing Soul: E/day heal 2Ehp as swift [1/2]
[2] Midnight Dodge: Dodge for +E to AC

Arstor's Essentia Investment: Capacity: 1 Essentia: 1+(See Circlet)
[1] Incarnum Defence: +E to AC and Saves
[1] Incarnum Speed: +10E to speed and +2E to Initiative

Kellus
2008-02-23, 08:52 PM
Initiative

{table=head]Initiative|Character
20|Pink enemy
19|Asterisque
19|Illumina
17|Kryss
16|Orange enemy
15|Cyrus
13|Lukan
11|Yellow enemy
10|Green enemy
9|Adun[/table]

Map

http://usera.imagecave.com/Kellus/Encounter24.png

Asterisque moves forward and lets loose with her fiery breath. The flames coil into constraints that lash at her targets. They seem to slide off of the foe wielding a scythe, who seems completely unsinged. They do, however, grab hold of the other enemy, tightening around his limbs and smoking at his flesh.

Illumina seizes the chance to unleash her deathly powers; she glares hideously at the closest human, the one unaffected by Asterisque's flames. He grimaces in pain as the glare strips flesh from his bones. As she draws upon her grave powers, her dark companion streaks through the air, unnerving the entangled foe.

Kryss unleashes a brutal blast of magical might, which catches Grace on her left thigh. The woman curses the warlock angrily as she stumbles in the air.

Arstor's opponent glares angrily at the undead assailant. "Think ye'r a match for Sir Varamin the Red, that it? Back to hell with ye!" With two brutal swipes, cuts Arstor cleanly in half; the first blow lands upon the zombie's shoulder, while the second takes him in the torso. The pieces of the zombie's body fall softly to the ground.

Cyrus hurls a psionic burst at Grace as well, which strikes her with ease. The gummy ectoplasm tightens and constricts around her as she squirms in anger.

Lukan closes with the men and draws on his musical powers to provide inspiration for the whole group.

Still reeling from Kryss and Cyrus' attacks, Grace makes arcane symbols with her hands, but the ectoplasm seems to restrain her motions. She curses as a magical power flares in the air but dies just as quickly.

Wasting no time, the scythed opponent runs forward towards the approaching Asterisque. He swings his weapon mightily, and it clashes against her armour. The blade gouges into the metal, and blood starts to flow from the wound, even though some of the strike is repelled with her draconic might.

Adun, aghast at the way Arstor was destroyed, replies with an incarnum-fuelled globe of acid that flies through the air to smite his father's unkiller. Sir Varamin howls in pain as the acid burns into his soft, defenseless flesh once again. "This keeps happening! Stop doing that!" he cries, as the flaming tendrils wrapped around him sputter and combust the flesh-eating acid.

•*16 damage to Arstor.
• 9 damage to Asterisque.

Tacitus
2008-02-24, 06:19 AM
Adun
HP: 38/61 AC: 22 Initiative: 9
Land Speed: 20'+5'
+Arstor MAN DOWN! MAN DOWN

Both seeing and feeling his father get torn asunder the rage and bile begins to boil within Adun. With green foam spewing from the corners of his mouth he rears back and flings yet another sphere of dissolving spittle at Sir Varamin. He looks as though he plans not to stop until every last sign any Sir Varamin the Red had ever existed was wiped clean from the face of the earth.

Midnight Dodge remains the same
Swift: Essentia allocation.
RTA: [roll0] possible -4 for attacking into combat
Acid: [roll1]

Essentia:12 (-4) (E=Essentia Invested) Capacity 3, +1 for bold
Soulmelds:
[0] Sailor's Bracers: +4 to Swim/Prof (Sailor)/Use Rope, +2E
[3] Dissolving Spittle: 1d6 acid damage at 60ft ranged touch. +Ed6
[3] Necrocarnate Weapon: Melee weapon=Evil. +E damage. +E confirm crit. Vs Living only
[0] Necrocarnate Circlet: Blindsight vs Undead 30ft. +E turn resist to undead w/in 30ft
: Create Arstor, Necrocarnum Zombie Aristocrat
[2] Cerulean Sandals: Walk on Water. +5E to land speed.
[Bound]: Dimension Door 70ft per day in increments of 10. Soulmeld Unshapes after total has been used. [[B]70/70 remaining]

Feats: Capacity: 2 (change E only once per 24hrs)
[2] Healing Soul: E/day heal 2Ehp as swift [1/2]
[2] Midnight Dodge: Dodge for +E to AC

Arstor's Essentia Investment: Capacity: 1 Essentia: 1+(See Circlet)
[0] Incarnum Defence: +E to AC and Saves
[0] Incarnum Speed: +10E to speed and +2E to Initiative

Thunderbuckets
2008-02-24, 12:31 PM
Asterisque
HP 51/90

As the scythe burrows its way into her skin, Aster cries out in pain before sinking down a few steps, as if discouraged. "No, please, don't! I can't take it any more, with your big strong muscles and your protection from fire... it is fire, right?"

She opens her mouth again and acid spews out through the grin, reaching both the Scythe wielder and the beleagured Sir Varamin. The thick copper liquid seems to once more wrap itself around her foes with a mind of its own. Aster flips backwards and stops at the base of a nearby tree, weighing her options.


Current Draconic Aura: Toughness (DR 2/Magic)

Entangled Fire Damage to Varamin, 1/3: [roll0]

Standard Action: Acid Breath Weapon, Entangling Exhalation again, on both melee foes (30ft line, I should be fine.)

Acid Damage: [roll1], Reflex 19 Half. Recharge Time for Acid: [roll2], Min. 1.

Entangled for [roll]1d4[roll] Rounds. If this number is 2 or less, Varamin keeps his old Entanglement Count.

Move Action: 3 squares NE, 1 square N. Acrobatics check for AoO from the presumably entangled Scythey: [roll3]. Here's the part where I remember I forgot to cast spider climb on myself this morning. Swear under my breath. Also swear for not investing any skill points in Acrobatics.

Swift Action: Change Draconic Aura to Power, +2 to all Melee Damage Rolls. Cyrus, Illumina and Lukan, if y'all want to attack Scythey, do it within a 30ft radius of me.

Whew! I talk a lot.

Ryuuk
2008-02-24, 06:04 PM
Cyrus

"So you flee to warn the town, fine good for you." Cyrus appraises the scene as he continues speaking aloud towards the dirt path into the woods. "You win, if we go to town now we're going to find the whole place up in arms. It would be useless." He brandishes his cutlass. "Just know this..."

He dashes into the fray, the blade glowing. With a loud mental chime, Cyrus tries to drive the blade into the back of the man with the scythe. Afterwards, he slips past the other man and dashes into the undergrowth, away from both of their reach. "...you'll come back to find three corpses. Your friends are outnumbered and entangled, they can't run, we won't let them. Unless you have some contingency, their blood will be as much on your hands as on ours." As he finishes his speech into the woods, his attention goes back to his foes, his blade glowing again. "The choice is yours..."

Move is as follows: northeast, north, northeast, north (attack here, flanking with Lukan, acrobatics against the guys who dropped Adun to avoid AoO), east, east, northeast. This should leave me next to a try in the undergrowth. No problem for me thanks to scorn earth, but the melee might have a harder time reaching me.

So actions would be as follows:

Move into the melee
Free: Channel Deepcrystal
Spring Attack: [roll0] Flanking with Lukan, Bardsong
Damage: [roll1] (Sneak, Deepcrystal, Aura)
Move into the undergrowth (Acrobatics to avoid AoO: [roll2])
Free: Channel Deepcrystal

33/33 HP, AC 21 (+2 through expeditious dodge), 25 against charges (sidestep charge, failed charge attacks would also provoke AoO)

14/23 PP: Deepcrystal, Skate, Entangling Ectoplasm, Deepcrystal, Deepcrystal

Jimblee
2008-02-25, 06:10 AM
Kryss HP: 21/29

There is a moment in this battle, when she finally gets to hear those magic words she's been waiting for:


"No, please, don't! I can't take it any more..."


Only to discover it tinged with sarcasm and used as a mere taunt. The nerve of that bitch, getting her hopes up... No use letting her dreams go to waste, though - she slams her fists together once more, sending that corrosive bolt again to her prey.

Eldritch Spear again
Attack, Damage: 18, 16 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1507106/)

Targeting the same as last time

Kellus
2008-03-03, 12:10 AM
Initiative

{table=head]Initiative|Character
20|Pink enemy (Murmur)
19|Asterisque
19|Illumina
17|Kryss
16|Orange enemy (Varamin)
15|Cyrus
13|Lukan
11|Yellow enemy (Grace)
10|Green enemy (Scythe)
9|Adun[/table]

Map

http://usera.imagecave.com/Kellus/Encounter25.png

As Cyrus calls out his beratement of the vanished foe, a sharp pain catches him in the shoulder. He drops to one knee, in agony, as a sweet female voice breathes at him from behind. "The only blood I want on my hands is yours, boy." Reaching behind himself, he manages to extract a shuriken from the wound, which seems to glisten with an oil of some sort.

Asterisque unleashes her draconic acid, even as the tendrils of fire burn into Sir Varamin. She nimbly dodges the scyth-wielder's strike as she rolls past him. He's about to have larger issues, however, as the magical acid wraps around him, weighing him down.

Illumina seizes the opportunity to charge down at the entangled man, brandishing her ghostly blade with fury. As Lukan's inspirational tune fills her ears, her shadowy companion glides to distract the foe even as he struggles with his acidic bonds. The hit strikes true, and rips through his full-plate to leave a nasty wound. As the sword flies, Asterisque's draconic presence seems to urge the blade on, making it strike that much harder. [Charge]

Kryss unleashes an arcane blast once more, sending the spear straight into Grace's lightly-armoured shoulder. The woman cries in pain as her blood flies noiselessly through the air.

Sir Varamin watches the blast, clearly annoyed. "Grace, stop flouncin' aroun' up there! Hit me with the best ye got! Murmur, fer gods' sake, don't just stand there gloating! Put those stars of yers to work!." He runs towards Lukan, swinging his dark longsword valiantly, and indeed the blade hits the bard sqarely in the chest. He cries in triumph as Lukan's blood drips from the edge of his sword.

Still grabbing at his shoulder, Cyrus pulls himself to his feet and skates furiously away from his attacker. Weaving in and out of the combat, he pauses to deliver a conclusive blow to the distracted scythe-wielder. The man bellows in pain as Cyrus' strike catches him in his unprotected armpit. He staggers, clearly almost dead on his feet. Cyrus wrenches away from the melee, dashing into the undergrowth to consider the situation.

Lukan, gasping in pain after Varamin's blow, edges backwards slightly, putting distance between himself and the knight. He maintains his music, though there seems to be a somewhat desperate air to it now. [5ft. step backwards, and continuing to play.]

Grace hesitates in the air, but at Varamin's cry finally marshals her energy into a blast much like Kryss' which flies down towards Varamin. It sparkles with divine power, and suddenly he is standing somewhat more steadily.

The scythe-wielding man bellows, in pain and rage both. He staggers a bit, but lashes out with his scythe towards Illumina. Unfortunately for him, the edge of the scythe has no more luck striking the ghost than it would the air itself, as the blade flies straght through her.

Adun's furious blast of acid flies through the air, striking Sir Varamin squarely in the head. As it sizzles and burns through his helmet, the man screams in pain once again. If he lives through this day, he's going to have a morbid fear of acid for the rest of his life.

• 18 damage to Cyrus, and he needs to make a Fortitude save.
• 12 damage to Lukan.

kpenguin
2008-03-03, 12:30 AM
Lukan

I say, hold fast my companions
Tis but flesh wounds after all
So keep fighting,
yes keep on fighting
Keep fighting and stand tall!

As Lukan continues his singing, despite the grievious wound, he steps toward Varamin, drawing a dagger into his left hand. He bows to his opponent then makes a flurry of cuts and slashes with both weapons.


Free Action: Drawing dagger
5-foot step towards Varamin
Full-Round Action: Full Attack

Wave's Edge Attack One:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Wave's Edge Attack Two:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Dagger Attack:
[roll4]
[roll5]

Tacitus
2008-03-03, 01:09 AM
Adun
HP: 38/61 AC: 22 Initiative: 9
Land Speed: 20'+5'
+Arstor MAN DO- err... zombie down?

Adun slowly stalks around the tree but keeps his sights centered on Sir Varamin even when his vision becomes obstructed. He takes note of another enemy (Murmur in Pink) but only gives her a passing thought accompanied by a shimmer of violet light down his legs. Searing acid builds up in his mouth again once he regains vision of his target and once again he unleashes a globe of vitriolic hatred.

Move south 20ft
Midnight Dodge shift to Murmur (Pink) [+2 dodge]
No essentia allocation.
RTA: [roll0] possible -4 for attacking into combat
Acid: [roll1]

Essentia:12 (-4) (E=Essentia Invested) Capacity 3, +1 for bold
Soulmelds:
[0] Sailor's Bracers: +4 to Swim/Prof (Sailor)/Use Rope, +2E
[3] Dissolving Spittle: 1d6 acid damage at 60ft ranged touch. +Ed6
[3] Necrocarnate Weapon: Melee weapon=Evil. +E damage. +E confirm crit. Vs Living only
[0] Necrocarnate Circlet: Blindsight vs Undead 30ft. +E turn resist to undead w/in 30ft
: Create Arstor, Necrocarnum Zombie Aristocrat
[2] Cerulean Sandals: Walk on Water. +5E to land speed.
[Bound]: Dimension Door 70ft per day in increments of 10. Soulmeld Unshapes after total has been used. [[B]70/70 remaining]

Feats: Capacity: 2 (change E only once per 24hrs)
[2] Healing Soul: E/day heal 2Ehp as swift [1/2]
[2] Midnight Dodge: Dodge for +E to AC

Arstor's Essentia Investment: Capacity: 1 Essentia: 1+(See Circlet)
[0] Incarnum Defence: +E to AC and Saves
[0] Incarnum Speed: +10E to speed and +2E to Initiative

Ryuuk
2008-03-03, 07:42 PM
Cyrus

"Gah! Damn it, that just..." Cyrus ignores the wound and continues as planned, Once he blade tastes the scythe man's blood and he puts the battle between himself and the assailant, his mind goes back to the small but precise wound on his shoulder and to the oiled bit of metal in his hand. Just what did she stick in me? Feeling a strange sensation start spreading from the wound, he drops to shuriken and realizes just how heavy all of his gear seems to be. "Urg..."

He couldn't help but feel that that attack only barely missed its mark. Can't let her get it right He tries to keep an eye on Murmur, recent events showed that he'd gotten the wrong impression of her. Her reflexes were much better then whet he expected, all he could do at the moment was try to match them. He shuts his eyes for a moment, and closes his free hand hard. When he opens them again, his arm seems to be larger, it's muscles more defined. "Fine, go ahead and try, but you won't get lucky a second time."

Readying his weapon, Cyrus begins dashing through the air again. He had to back up his challenge after all.

Rolled a 9 for the save on the OoC threat, odds are that's a failure. Unless it's something like an immediate paralysis poison or a ton of con damage, the above action should still be doable. Movement would simply take him to the square above the tree to the left of Lukan on the map. He just needs the 40 ft of movement to activate the Expeditious Dodge.

Standard: Manifest Animal Affinity for +4 Str
Move: Move to specified location

16/33 HP, (Fast Healing 2 when below 16 hp)
AC 21 (+2 through expeditious dodge), 25 against charges (sidestep charge, failed charge attacks would also provoke AoO)
Str: 11 (3 damage, +4 Enhancement momentarily)

11/23 PP: Deepcrystal, Skate, Entangling Ectoplasm, Deepcrystal, Deepcrystal, Animal Affinity (+Str)

Edit: Changed the boost from animal affinity

Thunderbuckets
2008-03-03, 10:31 PM
Asterisque
HP: 51/90

Having stepped out of the battle for a second to appraise her foes, Aster charges back in, her eyes flashing with silver light as life energy fills her companions. "We really could use a cleric..." she mutters, barely audible under Lukan's song, as her small hand glows with the same silver force. The taste of acid tinges the back of her throat as the caustic power continues to build in her.

Exhalation Fire Damage to Varamin: [roll0] 2/3 rounds
Exhalation Acid Damage to Scythe/Varamin: [roll1] 1/3 rounds

Acid Breath Recharge: 1

Swift Action: Change Draconic Aura to Vigor (fast healing 2; Ryuuk gains 2 health)

Move Action: 2 squares W, 3 squares SW (should be 2 squares left of Adun; Lukan gains 2 health. Adun and I don't because we still have +50% HP.)

Standard Action: Ready action to Touch of Vitality Ryuuk for 10 health as he runs by. Aster's initiative drops to 15. (ToV 26/36)

Jimblee
2008-03-04, 05:01 PM
Kryss HP: 21/29

Kryss held her breath for a moment as her bolt strikes that three-silver whore: right in the shoulder, too. But she didn't die, even after all that! And once more, she recovered that one freak's wound! This was unforgivable, unbelievable, impossible, impossible, impossible!

Oh, she'll get it now - how she will get it. No! Let this bolt miss, and let her live! Let her live 'till the battle is done, and she's left all alone with nothing but that juice to finally put her out of her misery. Or maybe it'll hit, and she'll pop - sometimes they pop.

Kryss is starting to get quite giddy over it all, and already a new burst of eldritch energy was homing its way towards that Grace character.

Eldritch spear again

Attack; Damage: 11, 10 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1514668/)

Or it would be, if it wasn't for that natural 1

Kellus
2008-03-08, 10:24 PM
Initiative

{table=head]Initiative|Character
20|Pink enemy (Murmur)
19|Illumina
17|Kryss
16|Orange enemy (Varamin)
15|Asterisque
15|Cyrus
13|Lukan
11|Yellow enemy (Grace)
10|Green enemy (Scythe)
9|Adun[/table]

Map

http://usera.imagecave.com/Kellus/Encounter27.png

Murmur smiles as Cyrus flees, passing a hand over her face once again as she disappears into the wilderness. Her disappearance is short-lived, however, as another of her shuriken embeds itself in Adun's chest. She smiles wickedly as she reappears, clearly pleased with her handiwork.

Asterisque, frowning, dashes into the melee as she summons her draconic powers to restore vitality to her allies. She pauses, somewhat hesitantly, and waits for Cyrus to approach to restore his abilities.

Illumina's eyes flash as she brings to bear on the scythe-wielder a gaze that could shatter stone. He roars in pain as the flesh sloughs off his face, leaving him scarred and disfigured.

Kryss lets loose with another blast of arcane might, but it zooms over Grace's shoulder by a wide margin, as she laughs at the warlock. "Nice shot! Maybe you should practice that aim a bit more, little girl!"

Varamin strides forward, his blade flashing furiously. It digs into Lukan's shoulder, dropping him to the sandy ground with a thump. He flourishes handsomely with the weapon and calls at Asterisque to come face him in battle.

Cyrus runs past the fighters, drawing from his psionic potential to fight off the poison in his system. He manifests psychic energy, and he can feel the effects of the poison fading. As he skates by, Asterisque reaches out to imbue him with supernatural health.

After her taunt, Grace flies backwards, seeking cover among a nearby tree. Laying a hand on her cheek, a magical glow suffuses her being as her health returns to her.

The scythe-wielder swings his weapon of choice bravely, although he looks nearly dead on his feet. The implement flies wildly at Illumina, but passes straight through her twice in a row. He screams in fury. "Rargh! Come face your death, spirit! You won't be half so pretty when I'm finished with you!"

Adun runs past his assailant, glaring at her as she rummages for some kind of weapon to attack him with. She comes up empty-handed, however, as he dodges past to shoot another acid burst at Sir Varamin the Red. Although the aim is a little off, the shot strikes off of his helmet, burning through the soft face underneath. Understandably, the man screams in pain. Again.

• Adun takes 15 damage and needs to make a Fortitude save. Asterisque's aura restores 2 hp to him.
• Lukan takes 13 damage, putting him at -5 hp, but Asterisque's aura restores 2 hp to him, making him stable at -3.
• Cyrus regains 10 hp from Asterisque's Touch of Vitality.

kpenguin
2008-03-09, 02:41 AM
Lukan

The pirate bard lies unconcious on the ground, grievously wounded but alive. Lukan's wounded shoulder trickles blood onto the ground, but its nothing life threatening...

Tacitus
2008-03-09, 02:54 AM
Adun
HP: 27/61 AC: 22 Initiative: 9
Land Speed: 20'+5'
+Arstor MAN DO- err... zombie down?

A crawling sensation pulls at the base of his skull as he sees his ally drop to the ground. To anyone else they might see the black tendrils surrounding his morningstar shifts and point in the direction of Lukan. His weapon almost begins leading him towards the bard to end his life and release his soul from the agonies of the mortal coil... for something far worse. The thought of rebuilding him as an undead servant clings to the forefront of his mind even as a blue-black glow pulses through his body as though his hardiness is pouring out in the form of errant soulstuff to break up the poison in his body so that it does not harm him. Through the chaos and confusion his vision narrows until all he can see is the seared and melted flesh of Varamin the Red. Though the pull to end the bard is strong his hate for the Red is stronger by far after his grievous transgressions. Yet again he rears back and unleashes another caustic sphere in hopes of leaving the bastard's face as little more than slag and bleached bone.

Fort Save: [roll0] >.> If I fail this I'mma be a sad panda.
RTA: [roll1]
Acid: [roll2]

Essentia:12 (-4) (E=Essentia Invested) Capacity 3, +1 for bold
Soulmelds:
[0] Sailor's Bracers: +4 to Swim/Prof (Sailor)/Use Rope, +2E
[3] Dissolving Spittle: 1d6 acid damage at 60ft ranged touch. +Ed6
[3] Necrocarnate Weapon: Melee weapon=Evil. +E damage. +E confirm crit. Vs Living only
[0] Necrocarnate Circlet: Blindsight vs Undead 30ft. +E turn resist to undead w/in 30ft
: Create Arstor, Necrocarnum Zombie Aristocrat
[2] Cerulean Sandals: Walk on Water. +5E to land speed.
[Bound]: Dimension Door 70ft per day in increments of 10. Soulmeld Unshapes after total has been used. [[B]70/70 remaining]

Feats: Capacity: 2 (change E only once per 24hrs)
[2] Healing Soul: E/day heal 2Ehp as swift [1/2]
[2] Midnight Dodge: Dodge for +E to AC

Arstor's Essentia Investment: Capacity: 1 Essentia: 1+(See Circlet)
[0] Incarnum Defence: +E to AC and Saves
[0] Incarnum Speed: +10E to speed and +2E to Initiative

Thunderbuckets
2008-03-09, 12:24 PM
Asterisque
HP 51/90

"Yeah, the tiny blonde with the daggers is going to take on the trained swordsman in melee. Tempting idea, Varamoron. You just stay wrapped up there for a minute, and I'll get to you when I can. Or Adun will. I'm sure you two have plenty of caustic words for each other." Having said that, Aster turns her attention to a more reachable threat: Murmur.

Though the acidic might has quickly built in her, it's a wave of fire that rolls out of her mouth at the shurikeness, pulling her in and down to the ground. Her eyes pulse steel grey as she feels her draconic energy suck the life out of her previous melee opponents.



Exhalation Fire Damage to Varamin: [roll0] 3/3 rounds
Exhalation Acid Damage to Scythe/Varamin: [roll1] 2/3 rounds.

Acid Breath Recharged!

Swift Action to change Draconic Aura to... let's go with DR 2/Magic this time.

Aster's goal is to blast Murmur with a Fire breath line. Though she's going after her, Murmur's currently 15ft away, so that shouldn't be a problem, (unless she doesn't reappear at the end of her turn.)

Entangling Exhalation Fire Breath [roll2] DC 16 Half, but nonetheless entangled for [roll3] rounds. As usual, doesn't matter if any allies are in the way.

Aster would also like to move into the same space as a tree for the +2 AC bonus, preferrably the one to her lower left. So if Murmur doesn't move, her pattern's clear.

Ryuuk
2008-03-10, 08:44 PM
Cyrus

Damnit, she just won’t stand still… Cyrus finds keeping track of Murmur to be quite a task. As he moves through the battle, he’s pleasantly surprised to feel the pain subside as Asterisque gives him a passing tap. He turns to her, the gratitude apparent in his face, while his body continues to glide in its path. “Thanks Aster!”

Things looked like they could be going much better. He still saw Murmur as the main threat, but leaving Lukan at Varamin’s mercy seemed just didn’t bode well. He rushes forward. “If the lady refuses then don’t mind if I take your offer!” He circles around Varamin before approaching with the cutlass drawn. However, at the last second he changes targets and tries to leave a deep burning gash on the Scythe man’s back. He stands next to Varamin with the blade drawn and ready.

He'll go around Varamin and Lukan and stop at the spot where he flanks with Ilumina. Moving Right, Down, Down, Down-right, Right, Right, Up-right, Up-left should let him do it without provoking AoO and having just enough squares of movement.

Attack on Scytheman: [roll0] (Base +9, +2 Flanking, possibly an additional +1 From the bardsong, if it's still active)
Damage: [roll1] + Sneak [roll2] + Deepcrystal [roll3]

Ryuuk
2008-03-10, 08:46 PM
Crit Confirm: [roll0]
Crit Damage: [roll1]

16 Damage before the crit
21 Total Damage to Scythe man if it was confirmed

26/33 HP, (Fast Healing 2 when below 16 hp)
AC 21 (+2 through expeditious dodge), 25 against charges (sidestep charge, failed charge attacks would also provoke AoO)

11/23 PP: Deepcrystal, Skate, Entangling Ectoplasm, Deepcrystal, Deepcrystal, Animal Affinity (+Str)

Jimblee
2008-03-11, 08:37 PM
Kryss HP: 21/29

"Little! Little! Why you little hunk of meat! I'll, I'll-" But her fury is cut off - her target has already fled. But a sinister idea floods her head - she'll rend that leaping friend of hers, force her to jump out, and then.. Then she'll blast her right to the face - won't be taunting when her eyes have popped!

She says nothing, merely grinning as she sends that shockwave string down towards that dancing minx Murmur.

Eldritch Spear:
Attack; Damage: 27;13 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1524808/)

Kellus
2008-03-15, 07:43 PM
Initiative

{table=head]Initiative|Character
20|Pink enemy (Murmur)
19|Illumina
17|Kryss
15|Asterisque
15|Cyrus
13|Lukan
11|Yellow enemy (Grace)
9|Adun[/table]

Map

http://usera.imagecave.com/Kellus/Encounter28.png

Activating her invisibility once again, Murmur slips out of sight. A rustling of sand, the padding of feet, and a third shuriken buries itself in Aster's stomach, making her double over in pain.

Illumina, fed up with Varamin's durability, floats up, easily dodging the wild swing of the scythe-wielder in response to her movement. Drawing upon the power of Sal-Teneb, her gaze rips apart Varamin's face, as blood and strips of flesh spray through the air. He cries in pain, his face a ruined mess.

Kryss, changing tacks abruptly, shoots an eldritch blast down at Murmur, after the sneak reappeared from striking Asterisque. The arcane energy strikes her in the back, driving her to her knees and making her cry in surprise. And pain.

Varamin strides forward, his dark longsword glistening in the sunlight. He brandishes it furiously, cutting twice at Asterisque even as she tries to recover from the shuriken. "Yer unnatural powers won't help ye now, dragon-spawn!" Yet only one of his two blows lands on the dragon shaman, cutting into her shoulder brutally.

Asterisque realizes she's in a somewhat precarious situation. Luckily, she does see a happy sight: the bonds of acid sear into the scythe-wielder, who drops his weapons in exhaustion as he slumps over on the ground. He murmurs something before he falls, but it's too faint to be heard.

Taking advantage of the distraction, Aster tumbles nimbly past the reach of Varamin's blade, taking shelter behind a nearby tree. Reaching for her draconic powers, she breathes heavily at Murmur. Although the blast seems to hardly singe her, the flames constrict into bonds of fire that weigh her down.

Cyrus dodges in and out of the fighters, looking for an opportunity. He dashes in, and briefly considers the scythe-wielder's body. Shaking his head slightly, he instead plunges his cutlass directly into the heart of Sir Varamin. With a surprised look on his mangled face, the knight drops heavily, to lie unmoving on the sand beside his fellow.

Grace gapes at her fallen party members, grimaces, and sends an eldritch blast of her own streaking towards Kryss. The blast easily connects, and knocks Kryss around slightly as Grace laughs at her. "How do you like that, you cake-eater?!

Adun narrows his eyes, somewhat disappointed to not be able to be the one to finish off Sir Varamin. Shrugging slightly, he instead launches a globule of acid at Murmur, splashing the corrosive stuff all over her torso.

I changed the targets of Cyrus and Adun, since they'd already fallen when their turns came. No offence was meant, I was just trying to take the most reasonable course of action when the situation changed.

• Asterisque takes 14 damage from Murmur, and needs to make a Fortitude save.
• Asterisque takes 12 damage from Varamin.
• Kryss takes 11 damage from Grace's eldritch blast.

kpenguin
2008-03-15, 11:33 PM
Lukan

Lukan continues to bleed on the ground.

Ryuuk
2008-03-16, 01:58 PM
Guicho

Good, we only have the harpies left... Cyrus crouches down next to Lukan. He taps one of the small nods on his belt, which turns opaque. The glow seems to latch on to his hand and he tries to find the largest wound that his comrade had taken. As he runs in over a particularly nasty gash left by Varamin on his shoulder. The wound seems to close, not entirely, but at least the bleeding stops. "Rise and shine Lukan, we still have work to do."

As he's getting up, he reaches into his cloak and draws a long clear crystal with his free hand. It resonates slightly and gives off a strange dim glow. Readying himself, he tries to step between Grace and Lukan.

Standard Action: Use 1 charge of the Healing Belt on Lukan, he heals [roll0]
Move Action: Draw the dorje of Crystal Shard
Free: 5ft step to get in Grace's line of sight with Lukan (providing cover?)

Jimblee
2008-03-16, 05:39 PM
Kryss: HP: 10/29 (+4)

Kryss was admiring her shot at that Murmur character when the blast hit her. The blast knocks her around a bit more than she would have expected to, and it felt a lot better than she thought her shots did

She whips out that healing wand and douses her wound in a sour imitation of healing light, barely closing it up. She winces like a baby.

She yells down to that soon-to-be-alone witch-whore, in vague hope of sending her off, though cowardice does power her at the moment:

"Look around, hun! You ain't got no friends standin'! You can take me down, but that ain't goan change nothin'! Your goan be next 'less you split soon!"

Expands 1 charge of Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8: 4 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1529168/)

Take 10, DC: 20. She makes it.

Tacitus
2008-03-16, 10:00 PM
Adun
HP: 29/61 (-1 if Varamin) AC: 22 Initiative: 9
Land Speed: 20'+5'
+[Varamin Soon?][/SIZE]

Adun considers his options for a moment before he acts based on the fate of Sir Varamin the Red...

...and should the bastard truly die a series of black pulses would fly from the Necrocarnum Circlet. These few orbs would lance out and collect what little of Varamin's soul remains tied to his body to corrupt it into fell Necrocarnum in order to reanimate the body. The tortured soul of the man would remain tied to his broken frame for as long as Adun wished it... and he'd retain almost full awareness within a cage of unwaivering obedience.

Full Round Action: Raise a Necrocarnum Zombie from a corpse within 30ft with racial HD no more than Adun's Meldshaper Level (1 human vs Adun's 7). Varamin gains +2 Natural Armor, a BAB of +0, loses all special attacks and special qualities, but gains Necrocarnum Zombie Abilities +4 Str, +4 Dex, - Con, Wis to 10, Cha to 1. No change in intelligence. Loses all feats, but gains Toughness. Adun takes 1 hp of damage from raising a 1 HD zombie.

...though if Varamin manages to survive just long enough to evade Adun's sight he will focus his attention upon Murmur. He moves towards her if necessary to be within a thirty foot range but his answer to her persistence in living is the same as was his answer to Varamin. Corrosive bile pools in his mouth before he unleashes it in a globe of spite and hate.

RTA: [roll0] Still +1 from music? -4 for firing into melee not included
Acid: [roll1]

Essentia:12 (-4) (E=Essentia Invested) Capacity 3, +1 for bold
Soulmelds:
[0] Sailor's Bracers: +4 to Swim/Prof (Sailor)/Use Rope, +2E
[3] Dissolving Spittle: 1d6 acid damage at 30ft ranged touch. +Ed6
[3] Necrocarnate Weapon: Melee weapon=Evil. +E damage. +E confirm crit. Vs Living only
[0] Necrocarnate Circlet: Blindsight vs Undead 30ft. +E turn resist to undead w/in 30ft, +E to Necrocarnum Zombie's Essentia Pool
: Create Necrocarnum Zombie
[2] Cerulean Sandals: Walk on Water. +5E to land speed.
[Bound]: Dimension Door 70ft per day in increments of 10. Soulmeld Unshapes after total has been used. [[B]70/70 remaining]

Feats: Capacity: 2 (change E only once per 24hrs)
[2] Healing Soul: E/day heal 2Ehp as swift [1/2]
[2] Midnight Dodge: Dodge for +E to AC

Zombie's Essentia Investment: Capacity: 1 Essentia: 1+(See Circlet)
[0] Incarnum Defence: +E to AC and Saves
[0] Incarnum Speed: +10E to speed and +2E to Initiative

Thunderbuckets
2008-03-17, 10:24 PM
Asterisque
HP: 21/90 (+2)

Wincing, Aster nonetheless stares amusedly at Cyrus' blade taking its rightful place in Varamin's chest. "And that's why most knights shouldn't try to slay dragons," she singsongs, "We're pretty badass. Thanks, Cyrus. Lukan?"

Aster grimaces in pain as she presses a hand to one of her growing litany of injuries. Her eyes once more pulse with silvery energy as her wounds begin to knit together, as do those of her companions. With no time to do more than a quick patch job, she considers her next move.

Fort Save: [roll0]

Exhalation Fire Damage to Murmur [roll1] 1/1
Exhalation Acid Damage to the scary Varamin/Scythe [roll2] 3/3

Swift Action to change Draconic Aura to Vigor. +2 HP to myself, Lukan and Adun. If Kryss wants to get in on this, now's a good time.

If Aster can see Murmur and she's within the reach of my BW, then another Fiery Entangling Exhalation, I think; [roll3] Fire damage, Reflex DC 16 Half, entangled for [roll4] rounds. I want to save my acid for Grace. If she still has a move action, she'll head DR 3 squares to a new tree.

If Aster has no idea where Murmur is, she'll cast spider climb on herself and head DR 3 squares to a new tree.

Kellus
2008-03-18, 08:03 PM
Initiative

{table=head]Initiative|Character
20|Pink enemy (Murmur)
19|Illumina
17|Kryss
15|Asterisque
15|Cyrus
13|Lukan
11|Yellow enemy (Grace)
9|Adun[/table]

Map

http://usera.imagecave.com/Kellus/Encounter29.png

Shocked at the sight of her allies' seemingly dead bodies crumpling to the ground in bloody heaps, Murmur quickly vanishes again; this time with no surprise attack.

Illumina sends her dark companion to follow Grace's movements, hoping to demoralize the woman. She follows it up with a terrifying gaze that almost strips the flesh from her marrow. But not quite.

Kryss screams petulantly while waving her wand around, almost absent-mindedly. Her wounds slowly heal, but not by much.

Aster calls upon her dragon totem for vitality, flooding her allies with positive energy. Meanwhile, she scurries to a nearby tree, and casts a spell on herself to lift herself off the ground and into the foliage. She feels a slight tingling in the shuriken wound, but doesn't feel any the worse for it.

Cyrus activates the divine might of his belt to heal Lukan. Extending a warm hand, he helps to bard to his shaky feet, before stepping in front of Lukan, ready to shield him from Grace's attacks.

Grace gladly obliges him, nailing him in the sternum with a bolt of icy eldritch energy. He feels a chill run down his spine as the bolt of ice runs down his back.

Meanwhile, Adun is busy reanimating the dead. His necrocarnum flows into Varamin's dead body, causing it to rise in subservience to him.

• Cyrus takes 7 damage and 8 cold damage.
• Varamin's base stats before zombie adjustment: Str 18, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 16.
• Everybody on the ground receives the benefit of Aster's healing aura. Except Cyrus, since the healing activates on Aster's turn, and he didn't drop below half until Grace's turn. So he'll benefit on Aster's next turn.
• Lukan's at 7 hp, and standing.

Tacitus
2008-03-19, 10:14 PM
Adun
HP: 30/61 AC: 22 Initiative: 9
Land Speed: 20'+15'
+Varamin
HP: 15/15 AC: 21+1 (12+1/19+1) Initiative: 9
Land Speed: 20'+5'

A mad cackle fills the air which is soon echoed by a long and drawn out moan as the corpse of the valiant Sir Varamin collects itself and stands again. For a moment he might draw hostile glares from his new allies but the fell crown of blackness atop his skull and the pulses of black light trickling through his stilled veins are enough to assure he is nothing more than a shambling body with no true force of will to call its own.

Adun begins to advance towards the only enemy he can truly see and keep any track of as streamers of black-blue mist trails from his body and the black crown that devours light atop his head. He advances twenty five feet to the east as Varamin shambles down to follow behind him and remain just to the west of the damned incarnate. After striding forward with his new undead slave in tow he launches a sphere of caustic spit at Grace unless Murmur should show herself by that time.

Attack Grace if Murmur doesn't show, which may also change his path of advancement to attack Murmur instead. (If Grace doesn't move, from where I put Adun he has just enough range. 28.something out of 30 w00t for Pythagorean theorem. XD)
RTA: [roll0] I have no idea what other modifiers might apply, so......
If needed: concealment: [roll1] [roll2] (if either fail, he misses)
Acid: [roll3]
Swift action to reallocate essentia for both Adun and Varamin
Varamin just moves...

Essentia:12 (-4) (E=Essentia Invested) Capacity 3, +1 for bold
Soulmelds:
[0] Sailor's Bracers: +4 to Swim/Prof (Sailor)/Use Rope, +2E
[3] Dissolving Spittle: 1d6 acid damage at 30ft ranged touch. +Ed6
[1] Necrocarnate Weapon: Melee weapon=Evil. +E damage. +E confirm crit. Vs Living only
[1] Necrocarnate Circlet: Blindsight vs Undead 30ft. +E turn resist to undead w/in 30ft, +E to Necrocarnum Zombie's Essentia Pool
: Create Necrocarnum Zombie
[3] Cerulean Sandals: Walk on Water. +5E to land speed.
[Bound]: Dimension Door 70ft per day in increments of 10. Soulmeld Unshapes after total has been used. [[B]70/70 remaining]

Feats: Capacity: 2 (change E only once per 24hrs)
[2] Healing Soul: E/day heal 2Ehp as swift [1/2]
[2] Midnight Dodge: Dodge for +E to AC

Varamin's Essentia Investment: Capacity: 1 Essentia: 1+(See Circlet)
[1] Incarnum Defence: +E to AC and Saves
[1] Incarnum Speed: +10E to speed and +2E to Initiative

Thunderbuckets
2008-03-19, 11:06 PM
Asterisque
HP 23/90 (+2)

"Do you know what annoys me about warlocks, Grace?" Aster asks as she looks up at the flying hellion. "The way they're always so damn sure that their little flying trick protects them from those of us who are still earthbound. Arrogance, really."

With catlike speed, she runs straight up the trunk of the tree next to her, pausing to stare Grace straight in the eyes. "It's such a simple little trick, and yet you're not any good at it." Aster opens her mouth wider and the thick line of caustic liquid sprays from tree to tree, hurtling towards the warlock. Aster pulls herself back into the tree bark, taking cover from the inevitable riposte.

Current Draconic Aura: Vigor, heals 2 health to Aster, Cyrus, Lukan, and... Adun?

Move Action: 20ft up the tree.

Standard Action: Acid Breath Weapon! [roll0] Acid Damage, Reflex 19 Half. Recharge Time: [roll1] rounds.

Free Action: Drop prone. Yes, on the side of tree, thanks to spider climb; +4 AC from ranged attacks, plus the usual +2 from just being in the same square as a tree.

Ryuuk
2008-03-21, 02:35 PM
Cyrus

Cyrus nearly looses his balance from the blast. It takes him a bit to get over the chill, and even then, he seems to shake and spasm from the cold. He also turns back and forth constantly. He'd already lost track of Murmur once, he knew it wasn't a mistake many got to make again.

Nevertheless, he runs a few steps down, getting closer to Grace and tries to activate the dorje and answer her last blast. Afterwards, he stays close to the tree, one less side to have to watch would help.

Move 10ft down, which should leave me to the right of Asterisque, next to the tree. Once there he'll try to activate the dorje with UPD and attack here with a lvl 2 Crystal Shard.

Use Psionic Device Check (DC 20) [roll0]
Ranged Touch Attack [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

11/33 HP, (Fast Healing 2 when below 16 hp)
AC 19, 23 against charges (sidestep charge, failed charge attacks would also provoke AoO)
11/23 PP: Deepcrystal, Skate, Entangling Ectoplasm, Deepcrystal, Deepcrystal, Animal Affinity (+Str)

Jimblee
2008-03-22, 10:15 PM
Kryss: HP: 14/29

Kryss takes aim once more at that Grace through the trees, and she almost shot. Her fingers had even turned the bruised blue-black that accompanies a blast. But then that one bitch filled the way, distracted her, stopped her - and protected Kryss from another blast. Maybe its that creeping coward-sense that tells her to run when the cards are down, and hit when their back is turned, but now the enemy has turned their terrifying gaze away and Kryss is free to do as she pleases

And nothing pleases her more than hurting the friend of an enemy. That skinny lass who fancies herself a sneak has decided to disappear - but you can't hide from her! No, you can't hide from these eyes!

She redirects that prepared blast down at the invisible Murmur, vaguely hoping for a crippling shot...

Attack; Damage: 27; 11 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1535287/)

Unless Murmur is within range of her attack, in which case Kryss will fly up a few feet to try to get out of danger, and then attack

kpenguin
2008-03-23, 02:37 AM
Lukan

As Cyrus helps him up, Lukan gives him a soft grin.

"Thanks for that. Damned knight put quite a cut on me shoulder. Perhaps after this is over, I'll get you a-"

Lukan looks aghast as a cold blast hits Cyrus. Lukan looks up to see the foe still flying in the air.

"Well, it seems the battle is still on."

Lukan pulls a dagger and yells:

"ITS ALL OVER, LANDLUBBERS! YOU ARE NOW OUTNUMBERED THREE TO ONE! ADMIT DEFEAT OR BE DESTROYED"

He holds steady his dagger all the while, ready to toss it at any who refuse to stand down. Lukan, already downed before, wishes a swift end to the conflict.


Swift Action: Draw daggers
Ready a standard action to throw his dagger at the first enemy who continues attacking

Kellus
2008-03-25, 10:34 PM
Footsteps sound softly across the sand, and Murmur reappears hugging a nearby tree. She looks exhausted; clearly, her supernatural abilities are running on empty.

Illumina takes the chance to direct another baleful gaze at Grace, catching her in the torso with the necrotic glare. As horrifying energy permeates her flesh, the spellcaster grimaces in pain.

Cackling madly, Kryss unleashes a burst of eldritch energy, striking Murmur directly in the head. The ninja cries out as she nearly stumbles to the ground. It seems like she's not used to taking such a beating.

Asterisque lunges up her tree, calling upon her draconic powers to fry the flesh from Grace's bones. Although she attempts to dodge the spray of acid, it coats her skin, burning and tearing through the woman's body.

Cyrus manages to activate a psionic dorje, launching a barrage of crystals at Grace. The fragments fly true, cutting her body to ribbons where they land.

Lukan pauses to take stock, shouting a challenge to the foes. Grace seems to ignore him, raising her hand for another, possibly fatal eldritch blast, when he launches a dagger through the air with a flick of the wrist. Although seemingly an impossible shot, the blade flies truly through the air, burying in her side. She gives a stifled cry, and falls limply to the ground, unable to take any more of the assault.

Adun advances towards Murmur, clearly intent on finishing her off. He launches an acidic orb through the air, but she manages to dodge it with preturnatural reflexes, slipping aside just as it flies by.

She pauses, looking at the sight of her team in ruins. Rummaging through her pockets, she pulls out a tiny glinting object. She tosses it in the air, and as the light of the sun reflects off of it, she shouts in Draconic, "VERAAAN!" A rumbling sound shakes the beach, and with an explosion of caustic smoke, she vanishes.

A calm settles over the beach, as two unconscious bodies lie on the sand. You regroup uneasily, Sir Varamin standing mutely beside Adun.

The path to the village lies open before you.

• 4,000 XP for everybody!

Ryuuk
2008-03-25, 11:04 PM
Cyrus

"Haha, and she still gets away. Guess she chose to bloody her hands..." With a faint smile, he leans on the tree behind him and slowly slides down as he sits down. "So, what now? She'll probably reach the village before us, so there goes the element of surprise, though it looks like we didn't have it to begin with." He looks over the scene for a second, until his eye catches a gleam of metal in the underbrush. "Ah, then there's these things..." His hand goes back to the wound on his shoulder. "Who else got stung?"

Tacitus
2008-03-25, 11:26 PM
Adun and Varamin

The fell man slowly walks over to the body of Grace and drops to one knee beside her fallen form. He checks her body for any remaining signs of life and should she truly be dead he will slip a small case from his pack. Within the small box would be a scalpel and a cutting utensil that is commonly used to flay skin from the body. As quickly as possible while retaining precision he would remove strips of her skin to alternately feed to Varamin and drape over his armor. Should she be alive he would stare at her body, "I want to take this scum back to the ship. Is there any way...? Or perhaps to keep her hidden to return later? Ransom, information, slave, all are fitting for the dead and dying."

Kellus
2008-03-25, 11:34 PM
Adun finds that Grace is still breathing, but out cold.

Jimblee
2008-03-26, 06:12 AM
Kryss

She seems a bit crestfallen when Murmur had disappeared. She didn't even get one of them. Its just not fair. In a few moments, she returns to the sullen and contemplative side that seems to arise when excitement isn't abound. That is, before she noticed that Grace is still alive.

She makes a dive to Adun, stopping a bit too late and landing with a thud next to him. The warlock scrambles up to the trio, almost desperately clinging to her mood and sounding a bit forced because of it:"She's alive? She's breathing? Is she dying? Quick, don't let her go under!"

Kryss pulls from her pack a length of silk rope, grinning mischievously. "Lets tie her up and hide her for later!"

Thunderbuckets
2008-03-26, 06:55 AM
Asterisque

Hearing Murmur's Draconic exit line, Aster's eyes go wide with shock. Veraaan? It can't be. Why would that little sneak be speaking about my totem dragon... there must be some other explanation. There must. Nevertheless, she regards the battlefield warily, unsure as to the continued stillness.

Descending down the tree, she pauses at Cyrus' eye level, running a finger over her own aching shuriken wound. "I got nailed enough times, that's for sure." Her eyes pulse silver as positive energy slowly heals the wounds of the party. She nods in response to Kryss and Adun. "Oh, tie her up keep her alive, definitely. There are... a few questions I want to ask her... and think of the fun of ransom!" Hopping down off the tree, she sheathes her daggers. "But we're not hiding her just so that godamn ninja can come back and rescue her. If we go anywhere, we're taking her with us. Perhaps Adun's new toy could carry her? That'd be fitting."

After the healing, she picks her way over to the other fallen body, the scythe-wielder, and gives the body a once-over. "Him I don't care about, but we might be able to get some money out of this." She pries the scythe out of his fingers and looks for anything else of value.

Draconic Aura heals everybody except Illumina to 1/2hp (round up)

If anyone wants more, my Touch of Vitality has 26/36 points left for the day.

If anyone wants to make a survival check to determine Grace and Scythe's conditions, I'll fast-heal them for 2 health to stabilize. As long as it won't bring them conscious again.

Search check on Scythe's body: take 10 for a 16, then, if we're stopping for a few minutes, 20 for a 26.

Kellus
2008-03-26, 07:51 PM
Along with the scythe, Asterisque finds the following items of note on the Scythe-wielder's body. It seems that in the confusion of the battle, he's passed away.

• His armour, a set of full-plate.
• A belt studded with red gems.
• A silver chain clasped around his neck.
• Three golden coins. One side of each coin bears a crude impression of a dragon's head, while the other bears a glyph of some kind. [OOC: Knowledge (arcana) checks may reveal more information about the glyph.]
• A pair of leather boots with thick copper bands just above the ankles.

Ryuuk
2008-03-26, 09:28 PM
Cyrus

Cyrus stands up and dusts himself off. "That's what I'm worried about Aster, the star that got me was poisoned. I'm doing what I can to fight the initial effects off, but I won't be able to keep it up forever. Then there's the full effect, which should start in... Well, if I start acting strange you'll know why." With a shrug, he slides over to the shuriuken that got him, and pockets it, being careful not to cause another wound. Murmur, lets see what this has to say about you...

He heads back to Grace and crouches down next to her. He still felt the chill on his chest, but given their situation, getting her back could wait for later. Besides, if she was still breathing, odds are she was about to pay for it anyway. With a swift motion, he plucks the knife out of her side. "Nice shot Lukan. Kryss, mind if I do the honors?" He sticks his hand out for the rope while he looks over her. The scythe man was carrying some interesting trinkets, she could be too.

Cyrus's Use rope to bind someone would be +19 with the +10 given to the binder. Also, a he'll take 10 before binding her on a search check for 24.

Kellus
2008-03-26, 09:48 PM
[OOC: Cyrus, Adun, and Aster need to make additional Fortitude saves.]

Cyrus deftly ties up Grace, cinching the knots with ridiculous complexity. Doesn't look like she'll be going anywhere anytime soon.

Searching through her posessions, he comes across the following items of interest.

• A pair of gauntlets inscribed with eldritch runes.
• Two coins identical to those of the scythe-wielder's.
• A piece of parchment inscribed with diagrams and text. [OOC: Decipher Script or Knowledge (geography) will do. Or Profession (cartogropher), I suppose.]
• A chain shirt, marked by dagger wounds and acid burns. But still very pretty.
• A necklace holding a softly-glowing blue stone.

kpenguin
2008-03-26, 10:05 PM
Lukan

Lukan makes a very smug smirk at Cyrus's compliment and gives an elegant bow.

"What else would you expect from I, the great Lukan Gale? But thank you, for both the compliment and your healing touch."

He looks over to the bodies. And points to the various bits of equipment.

"Gather the items of interest before me, if you please. With my incredible, fantastical, magical aptitude, I may be able to see the very auras of any enchanted items."


Casting detect magic to check for any magical auras. Hold for three rounds, enough to know the strength and type of each aura.

Kellus
2008-03-26, 10:12 PM
Lukan spends some time examining the magical auras. His results!

• Scythe: faint transmutation
• Belt: moderate transmutation
• Chain: faint enchantment
• Coins: major conjuration and divination
• Boots: faint transmutation
• Full-Plate: no aura
• Gauntlets: faint evocation
• Parchment: no aura
• Necklace: moderate transmutation
• Chain Shirt: faint transmutation

Tacitus
2008-03-26, 11:04 PM
Adun and Varamin
Adun HP: 35

Adun seems to wither under the weight of his own gear and he leans to once side only to be caught by his forcefully faithful fallen friend. The zombie has dropped his sword and shield and is kneeling to help keep his master upright. Hanging from his neck is an amulet of sorts that the dead man truly no longer needs. Hell, he can't even use his weapon or shield properly anymore, being dead and all. A faint shimmer of blue dances along Adun's body but it is helpless to fend off the poison.

Swift action to expend the other use of Healing Soul for the day, +4 HP

Jimblee
2008-03-27, 05:21 AM
Kryss

Kryss hesitates for a moment before handing the rope over to Cyrus. She was looking forward to it, but the battle was wearing off on her and thoughts and reason had it's sway - she passed to the better artist.

"But I get those - and that. And maybe that." She points to the gauntlets, amulet, and, reluctantly, the shirt. "She was magic, right? I'm magic, I'm your magic. I should get their magic - it makes more sense that way.

Of course, as she says it, she's already snatching them up.

And when Lukan decides to show off his skills, she decides to show of hers as well. There's really no reason but jealousy and a spotlight issue

Ryuuk
2008-03-27, 07:47 AM
Cyrus

As a sudden warm sensation spreads throughout his body, Cyrus drops to all fours. "and there it is... heh, the captain's gonna enjoy this..." Turning over, he takes off his cloak and the pack, but even then felt weighed down by his chain shirt even. After a moment's consideration, he draws the shortsword on his side, throws it by his other things and put his cloak back on. Then he puts away the cutlass and the dorje. Bear essentials, still hard to move though...

"If there's anything major I'd rather wait until we're off this island before taking a closer look, anything minor shouldn't be much of a problem though." He draws an old looking magnifying glass from his cloak, ready to try and identify just what some of those trinkets did.

His Cha based Appraise check would total at +13 with the magnifying glass. Since there's a chance of failure, I don't think I can just take 10, so here's a roll for Scythe-man's Chain [roll0] and Boots [roll1]

Tacitus
2008-03-27, 10:15 AM
Adun and Varamin

With a thought from Adun Varamin begins removing his armor in favor of the Full Plate. Once done with that, which will take several minutes, he will gather any unclaimed items or things simply too heavy for others to carry. Between Adun's enchanted pack and his massive strength he will be put to work as the pack-mule.

With the removal of his shield and upgrade to Full Plate his AC remains the same. The shield would have ****ed with his attacking capability anyhow.

Thunderbuckets
2008-03-27, 01:20 PM
Asterisque

Aster finishes stripping the scythe-wielder and staggers the gear over to where the others are analyzing it. As Cyrus and Adun wither under the poisoned shuriken, Aster looks on with the merest hint of smugness. Is it her fault that the blood of dragons runs through her veins, protecting her from amateur ninja tricks? Of course not. She feels the draconic vitality at the back of her mind, but no one's in immediate danger and she could sure as hell use it for herself later. Absentmindedly, she rubs two of the golden coins together; her knowledge of the language told her there was something special about them, but Aster had never been that interested in arcanic studies.

Kryss' outbursts draw a wry look from her. "Take them, then. But if you're going to lay claims to anything eldritch..." at this she slips her dragon-faced coins into her bag. "Then I'll hold onto these. There's something odd about this whole affair..." And I'm getting to the bottom of it.

A thought occurs to her. "Adun, does Varamin have any more of these coins on him?" She pockets the rest of the coins. "I think we're good, otherwise. Unless anyone wants to move that last corpse. Or eat it," she adds, with a questioning look at the zombie now wearing full plate armor.

Aster will also make sure Grace has either stabilized herself or she'll do it for her. Don't want our hostages dying now.

Kellus
2008-03-27, 02:36 PM
Varamin doesn't have any more of the coins on his person.

As Kryss puts on the amulet, she can feel her mind expanding ever so slightly, and she seems to notice things she hadn't before. [OOC: Kryss gains a +2 enhancement bonus to Wisdom.]

By spending some time examining the chain and the boots, Cyrus is able to decipher their use.

The chain is an amulet of teamwork, a trinket that enhances cooperative strikes. [OOC: Flanking bonus on attack rolls improves to +3, you and allies flanking an enemy gain a +2 bonus on damage, and once per day as a swift action you can give a +5 competence bonus to AC to an adjacent ally for one round.]

The boots appear to be boots of the battle charger. This footwear allows the wearer to charge quickly across difficult terrain. [OOC: Twice per day as a swift action you may charge as a standard action, although you can only move up to your speed instead of twice your speed. If you have an enhancement bonus to Dexterity, these quick charges ignore difficult terrain and can move through squares occupied by allies.]

Tacitus
2008-03-27, 09:46 PM
Adun and Varamin

When Adun finally gets moving again he slowly stands staring at the leather bands around his wrists. The gentle sway of the ocean leaves his body as his wrists begin to unravel into a thick blue-ish black smoke that seems to mesh with his fell crown. For a moment he seems to be struggling with pain until he throws his head back in a fit of laughter as bright souls stream into his body. Some even try to flee but the vortex of energy gathers them around him until a sickly gray robe drapes over his shoulders. Along the hem at his wrists and at the bottom brilliant blue lines of incarnum shift ever so slightly along the ethereal cloth.

He flexes his fingers and the palest of blue arcs of energy dance between his fingertips before corrupting into a near black infused with traces of azure. The fell weaver of souls looks to the others, "Now that we are on our feet, come close. I can heal your wounds but..." He looks to Aster, "My guests will not be aiding me willingly. I may fall unconscious but if I go slow enough and you keep your aura operating I should be fine." His hand darts out to the closest person and he grabs ahold of them with an icy grip that seems to draw away life force before a lance of pure unyielding vitality rips through them.

This boon does indeed come with a price, however, and Adun feels it even before he can take his hand away.The first one makes it look as though someone is trying to claw their way out of his flesh from the chest but after a moment it fades. Adun is winded but presses on to the next to repeat the process and this time he is greeted with an ethereal sword pushing out from his gut and slashing him open from within. The wound is only skin deep and not fatal by itself but the pain rips through the incarnate as he leans against a conveniently placed Varamin. With each use compacted into such a short time the attacks on his body from within only look to become more severe as the brilliant souls of great crusaders and paladins resist being used by such a foul man. At last his icy grip falls away from the final comrade and he slumps to the ground with a great scythe leaping from within to tear out of his knee and slice right straight up through his body and out the back of his head.

Lifebond Vestments.
Use Rapid Meldshaping to replace Sailor's Bracers as a full round action that provokes AoO's
Lifebond Vestments allow me to touch someone (a standard action) and heal them for my meldshaper level plus 5E while I take half damage rounded up. I can only affect the same person once per hour.
3 essentia is allocated to the vestments.
Maximum of 23 healing to each target.
Maximum 12 damage taken per target.
Go slowly enough to recover between uses.

Ryuuk
2008-03-28, 10:28 PM
Cyrus

The wound on his shoulder gone, Cyrus watches in awe as his comrade finishes his work. "Adun, that may have been one of the most nightmarish things I've seen." He puts his hand against his own chest and pushes, the bruise and the cold were gone. "The results are outstanding though. Could you do me one last favor..." He goes to his discarded gear, trying to lift it half heartedly at first, but having to resort to every ounce of strength left in him to get them off it off the ground. "...and order your new pack mule to luge this around as well?"

Once everything is in order, Cyrus double checks his gear. Even now he felt a bit heavier then he would prefer, but there was nothing he do about it now. "Let's see what Murmur set up for us then..."

Jimblee
2008-03-29, 01:41 PM
Kryss

She looks rather odd with the second, bloodied and torn, shirt over her other, far larger one, and the strange gauntlets which look more fitting for an armored warrior than a flying pirate.

The mismatched effect of it all seems to fit her expression while she watches Adun's work - a mixture of surprise, horror, wonder, and joy. Maybe one day she can get that to work, too - who knows what she can do? Well, theres one thing she can do.

She leans down to Grace, pinching her face and grinning into it, "Who's goan take her?" She looks at the rest of the troupe, "A hostage'll do us wonders if that hoggly lass run told town on us a-comin'."

Tacitus
2008-03-29, 11:33 PM
Adun HP: 35/61 AC: 22 Land Speed: 20'+15'
+Varamin HP: 15/15 AC: 22+1 Land Speed: 20'*+10'

The zombie had actually already started gathering up the gear and any unwanted items to array them about himself. When Kryss asks who intends to carry Grace the zombie strides over and has her over its shoulders without even a word. Silent bugger is so efficient he's damn near one step ahead.

Essentia:12 (-4) (E=Essentia Invested) Capacity 3, +1 for bold
Soulmelds:
[0] Lifebond Vestments: 1/hour per creature heal for meldshaper level +5E and take half damage rounded up.
[3] Dissolving Spittle: 1d6 acid damage at 60ft ranged touch. +Ed6
[1] Necrocarnate Weapon: Melee weapon=Evil. +E damage. +E confirm crit. Vs Living only
[1] Necrocarnate Circlet: Blindsight vs Undead 30ft. +E turn resist to undead w/in 30ft
: Create Arstor, Necrocarnum Zombie Aristocrat
[3] Cerulean Sandals: Walk on Water. +5E to land speed.
[Bound]: Dimension Door 70ft per day in increments of 10. Soulmeld Unshapes after total has been used. [[B]70/70 remaining]

Feats: Capacity: 2 (change E only once per 24hrs)
[2] Healing Soul: E/day heal 2Ehp as swift [0/2]
[2] Midnight Dodge: Dodge for +E to AC

Varamin's Essentia Investment: Capacity: 1 Essentia: 1+(See Circlet)
[1] Incarnum Defence: +E to AC and Saves
[1] Incarnum Speed: +10E to speed and +2E to Initiative

*Speed reduced to Medium Load while carrying Grace.

Thunderbuckets
2008-03-30, 10:07 PM
Asterisque

"On we go then." Aster picks a microscopic speck of dust off her collar and moves out, her eyes bright and alive as they survey her allies. A hand in her pocket, she squeezes the mysterious coins and whispers a silent prayer to Veraaan that this will soon make sense.

HP 68/90

Current Draconic Aura: Swiftness (+10ft Climb/Swim/Fly)