PDA

View Full Version : Ranged Heal Spells

Zeiss
2008-01-31, 03:59 PM
I've seen a feat, i think, that lets you heal at range. Any idea what book it is in?

Frosty
2008-01-31, 04:04 PM
There's Reach Spell, which is a metamatgic feat to let you make any range Touch spell into range Close spell for a +2 adjustment.

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-31, 04:12 PM
Divine ward also works fine if you are a cleric/have turn attempts. It's from PHB2, it increases the range of all touch spells, but costs a turn use every time, I believe.

Hecore
2008-01-31, 04:18 PM
A level of Hierophant will let you turn all touch spells into ranged touch spells, and two levels will let you extend the range another 30 feet.

bignate
2008-01-31, 04:27 PM
or if you are a bard just take the obtain familiar feat...

RTGoodman
2008-01-31, 04:27 PM
And if you don't want to spend a feat on it, there's a spell in Complete Champion called Darts of Life (Clr 5) that lets you shoot darts of magical healing.

Burley
2008-01-31, 04:36 PM
And if you don't want to spend a feat on it, there's a spell in Complete Champion called Darts of Life (Clr 5) that lets you shoot darts of magical healing.

"HEY! Did you just shoot me with a dart?"
"Yeah...But, don't you feel better? I know I do!"

Anyways...There's always the Eldritch Disciple. Dip a level of Warlock, and you'll have unlimited healing as a 60ft ray. :smallbiggrin:

The_Snark
2008-01-31, 04:40 PM
"HEY! Did you just shoot me with a dart?"
"Yeah...But, don't you feel better? I know I do!"

Anyways...There's always the Eldritch Disciple. Dip a level of Warlock, and you'll have unlimited healing as a 60ft ray. :smallbiggrin:

Not unlimited. You have to spend a turning attempt every time you use it.

The Hierophant ability and Divine Ward are the best two I can think of. The Mass Cure series of spells is ranged by default, too, but they're not very good.

BRC
2008-01-31, 04:42 PM
My character (arcane gunner/cleric) can do ranged healing. He imbunes non-lethal bullet with a heal spell, then shoots his teamate!

Fax Celestis
2008-01-31, 04:45 PM
I'm a fan of spell-storing +1 daggers holding cure moderate wounds.

Serrae
2008-01-31, 04:58 PM
So many enchanted/magical thrown weapons can't be good for you, I can just picture a cleric of a chaotic god commiting these acts of "acupuncture on the fly". I can't see any act of healing that leaves a starp object lodged in the recipient as lawfull for some reason. Still spell storing weapons that can be thrown is a nice way to do this without having to spend extra spell slots or turnings, but on the downside, even if your allies chose to be flat footed against your attacks you still have to hit them, plus I don't think your allies will find it as enjoyable as normal touch-range healing.

Fax Celestis
2008-01-31, 05:01 PM
So many enchanted/magical thrown weapons can't be good for you, I can just picture a cleric of a chaotic god commiting these acts of "acupuncture on the fly". I can't see any act of healing that leaves a starp object lodged in the recipient as lawfull for some reason. Still spell storing weapons that can be thrown is a nice way to do this without having to spend extra spell slots or turnings, but on the downside, even if your allies chose to be flat footed against your attacks you still have to hit them, plus I don't think your allies will find it as enjoyable as normal touch-range healing.

Well, yes. Half of the appeal of the spell-storing daggers, though, is the comedy involved. "BE HEALED!" *thunk* "Ow."

Person_Man
2008-01-31, 05:06 PM
There's also the Smiting Spell metamagic feat from PHB II. For just +1 caster level adjustment, you can place a touch spell onto any piece of ammo you hold, and it holds the charge for up to 1 minute. So put it on a dart, arrow, sling bullet, whatever - just before combat. And then if someone needs healing and you can't reach them, just make an attack roll to hit them. Your DM might even be nice and let you roll to hit their flat footed AC, since your ally is presumably not trying to dodge your shot.

BRC
2008-01-31, 05:07 PM
it wouldn't exactly be (Ranged) but a spell-storing longspear
*Poke with the healy-stick*

Deuce
2008-01-31, 05:12 PM
Seems to me the other use/abuse of these ideas involves healing magic and the undead . . .

Chronos
2008-01-31, 06:53 PM
If you have some way of getting acces to it (Mystic Theurge, scroll and Magic domain, etc.), there's also Spectral Hand.

Rutee
2008-01-31, 06:55 PM
My character (arcane gunner/cleric) can do ranged healing. He imbunes non-lethal bullet with a heal spell, then shoots his teamate!

Arcane Gunner? What's that in? I only know of the Gun Mage from the Iron Kingdoms book..

Draz74
2008-01-31, 07:01 PM
Well, yes. Half of the appeal of the spell-storing daggers, though, is the comedy involved. "BE HEALED!" *thunk* "Ow."

Hee. I suppose if you can afford it, you should at least upgrade the daggers to be Merciful. Then the healing spell will work on their normal wounds and still work on the dagger wound, unless they already had nonlethal damage to deal with.

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-01-31, 07:01 PM
DMM Chain, Divine Reach (from Heirophant) heal. It's like Mass, only without the spell level adjustment! Do this with Heal as a Radiant Servant of Cheeze for an automatic 150 points of healing to every ally, and as damage to every undead in the area as well.

Edit: Base healing on Heal is 150... you actually end up with 225 healing per person due to auto-Empower of any spell cast from your Healing domain. Fortunately, you can replace Spontanious Cure with Spontanious Domain (Healing) to have lots of spontanious Healing domain spells

BRC
2008-01-31, 09:35 PM
Arcane Gunner? What's that in? I only know of the Gun Mage from the Iron Kingdoms book..
It's an arcane archer (except my DM let me get away with it with a dwarf cleric) just substitute bows with guns (which includes my rocket-firing cannon in what can only be described as awsome)

Chronos
2008-01-31, 09:53 PM
Edit: Base healing on Heal is 150... you actually end up with 225 healing per person due to auto-Empower of any spell cast from your Healing domain.Unless the class ability is worded differently from the feat, Empower doesn't do anything for Heal, since it's a constant (not variable) amount.

Burley
2008-02-01, 09:01 AM
it wouldn't exactly be (Ranged) but a spell-storing longspear
*Poke with the healy-stick*

A ten-foot pole of cure moderate wounds, eh? Hm...

Finally! Ten foot poles become useful, thanks to Craft Wand!

Chronicled
2008-02-01, 10:29 AM
A ten-foot pole of cure moderate wounds, eh? Hm...

Finally! Ten foot poles become useful, thanks to Craft Wand!

Finally useful? Ten foot poles are the first item in any wisened DND player's inventory when gearing up for a dungeon crawl. Don't let anyone tell you that they're not useful.

Fishy
2008-02-01, 08:33 PM
But why pay for a Ten-foot-pole when a Quarterstaff is free?

Back on topic, Changeling Bards can take the incredible awesome Recaster (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20050407b&page=3) PrC for fun, profit and free metamagic. Ranged Healing probably isn't the best use for the class, but why the heck not.