PDA

View Full Version : Obvious Vizard Ripoff[PrC]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-31, 11:41 PM
Just so everyone knows, this is an intentional and blatant ripoff of Vizards from bleach. Enjoy.
--
Inner Demon
You have a creature of abyssal rage dwelling in your very soul, and it peeks through on occasion...
Prerequisite: Must not be an outsider(with the exception of tieflings).
Benefit: You become mostly aware of the demon inside you, whether it was already there or just recently became a part of you. Whenever you are dealt damage in combat you must make a Will saving throw equal to the damage received or the demon inside you breaks loose, this Will save cannot be voluntarily failed. When you fail your save you become incapable of resisting the urge to destroy, and are in a state similar to a barbarian's rage, with the rage abilities of a first level barbarian, you also receive an additional amount of temporary hitpoints equal to your HD, which last until you exit your rage. This demonic rage lasts a number of rounds equal to 3+your(newly improved) Con modifier. This rage only may happen once per day.
There is a drawback, however; when in this state of rage you must attack. If there are no suitable enemies around you must begin to attack your allies. To resist the urge to destroy your allies, you must make a Will save(DC 20), in which case you smash your weapon into the ground or walls, or whatever inanimate object is the closest to you.
Special: This feat does not count as meeting the prerequisites of feats, classes or abilities that require the character to have the ability to rage.
Normal: Usually you're more or less normal, sort of.
--
Masked Demon
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p38/nunasi/IchigoVizard.png
Ichigo Kurosaki, a masked demon

HD: d12

Requirements
Alignment: Any but Lawful good
BAB: +5
Feats: Power Attack, Inner Demon
Skills: Intimidate 8, Knowledge (the planes) 2 ranks
Maneuvers: Ability to use 3rd level maneuvers including at least one strike and one stance.
Special: Must have gone through a ritual in order to control your inner-demon, which produces the Controlled Demon Stance(see below).

Class Skills: Balance, Bluff, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (the planes), Martial Lore, Move Silently, Sense Motive, Swim, Tumble.
Skill-points per level: 4+Int modifier

{table="head"]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
1st|+1|+2|+2|+0|Controlled demon stance
2nd|+2|+3|+3|+0|Balance with evil
3rd|+3|+3|+3|+1|Demon ability
4th|+4|+4|+4|+1|Bonus vile feat
5th|+5|+4|+4|+1|Demon ability
6th|+6|+5|+5|+2|Abyssal strike
7th|+7|+5|+5|+2|Demon ability
8th|+8|+6|+6|+2|Bonus vile feat
9th|+9|+6|+6|+3|Demon ability
10th|+10|+7|+7|+3|Harvest the souls, one with the demon
[/table]

{table="head"]Level|Man. Known|Man. Readied|Stances Known
1st|0|1|0
2nd|1|0|0
3rd|1|0|1
4th|0|0|0
5th|1|1|0
6th|1|0|0
7th|0|0|0
8th|1|0|0
9th|1|1|1
10th|0|0|0
[/table]

Maneuvers: At 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 8th and 9th levels, a masked demon gains new maneuvers known from the Dread Crown (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76218), Iron Heart, Shadow Hand or Tiger Claw disciplines. You must meet a maneuver's prerequisite to learn it. You add your full masked demon levels to your initiator level to determine your total initiator level and your highest-level maneuvers known.
At 1st, 5th and 9th levels, you gain additional maneuvers readied per day.

Stances Known: At 3rd and 9th levels, you learn a new martial stance from the Dread Crown (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76218), Iron Heart, Shadow Hand or Tiger Claw disciplines. You must meet the stances prerequisites to learn it.

Controlled Demon Stance(Su): You have controlled the inner demon within you. You no longer fly into your demonic rage whenever you receive damage nor do you ever feel the urge to target your allies(if you don't want to in the first place, that is) and instead may rage whenever you please(though still only once an encounter). Secondly, you rage as a barbarian of half your initiator level, instead of merely first level. Additionally, you gain a stance which is the landmark feature of this class. You take a swift action to lose the benefits of any stance you're in to gain the benefits granted by this stance. When in this stance you grow a demonic or skeletal looking mask over your face which does not take away from any perception or Cha-based skills, and you gain an additional bonus to your Str score that stacks with the rage granted by your Inner Demon feat equal to a number based on your level(1-4 +2, 5-7 +4, 8-10 +6), but the bonus to strength only occurs when you are raging.
Lastly, your base land speed increases by 20 feet.

Balance with Evil(Ex): You become capable of understanding how demons work without falling into the abyss along with them. You are now capable of taking feats with the [Vile] descriptor without needing to be evil, or risking becoming evil by taking them. If you are already evil, this class feature has no effect.
Additionally, you may now use Dread Crown (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76218) maneuvers without having to have or keep an evil alignment, and you no longer must have the prerequisite maneuvers known to learn maneuvers known from the Dread Crown discipline.

Demon Ability(Ex or Su): At 3rd, 5th, 7th and 9th levels you get to pick a single demonic ability from the list given below. These abilities only function while in the controlled demon stance(see above). Once chosen, this ability cannot be changed. Some of the abilities have level or ability requirements before you can take them.
Abyssal Blast(Su): You gain the ability to channel some of your demon's power into a focused blast of energy. This ability is usable once per encounter as a standard action as a ranged touch attack and deals damage equal to your initiator level times 1d6(max 15d6) and deals unholy damage. The bolt of energy is usually black or red and crackles the air around it. You can only get this ability at 5th level or higher and it can be taken multiple times, each additional time you get this ability you can use it another time per encounter.
Energy Resistance(Ex): You gain the ability to ignore the damage dealt by certain elements. You gain resistance to electricity and fire equal to your masked demon level. This ability can be taken multiple times, and each new time taken gives you equal resistance to another type of energy damage.
Fast Healing(Ex): You gain the quickly healing flesh of a demon. This ability grants fast healing 1, and your skin darkens very slightly, becoming closer to dark red. You can only get this ability at 5th level or higher and it can be taken multiple times.
Muscular Build(Ex): You focus your abyssal power into strengthening your muscles in one of three ways, power, durability or agility. You gain a +2 profane bonus to your Str, Dex or Con, chosen when you get this ability. This ability can be taken multiple times, applying to the same or a different stat each time, your choice.
Regeneration(Ex): Your flesh becomes more adept at healing itself. This ability replaces your fast healing with an equal amount of regeneration. This regeneration can be overcome with good aligned weapons or spells with the good descriptor. This ability does not grant the ability to regrow lost limbs but holding severed limbs to the stump automatically reattaches it. You must be 9th level to take this ability and have the Fast Healing demon ability.
Resist Blows(Ex): Your skin isn't only armor-like, but it is capable of ignoring blows to a certain degree. You gain damage reduction 10/good, if you already have this damage reduction it instead increases by 5. This ability can be taken multiple times, the effects stack.
Toughened Skin(Ex): Your skin thickens and becomes more armor-like. You gain a +4 natural armor bonus as your skin becomes slightly more scaley and leathery. This ability can be taken multiple times, increasing your existing natural armor by 1 for each additional gain of this ability.

Bonus Vile Feat: At 4th level and again at 8th level, you may take a bonus [Vile] descriptor feat.

Abyssal Strike(Su): At 6th level, you gain a unique strike, much like those granted to martial adepts. This strike deals an additional amount of unholy damage equal to your inner demon level times 1d6(max 10d6 at 10th level). Additionally, the opponent must make a Fortitude saving throw(DC 10+half your inner demon level+your Str modifier) or become stunned for one round. This strike must be recovered and be readied to use, just like a maneuver. If you cannot recover maneuvers, you cannot recover this strike.
At 10th level the damage dealt by this striks is equal to 2d6*Your masked demon level, to 20d6 damage.

Harvest the Souls(Su): At level 10, when you bring a foe to negative hit points while in your Inner Demon rage, you may feed on its soul as a free action. Absorbing a soul gives you temporary hitpoints equal to twice the victims hit dices, which stacks with your Inner Demon feat. It also makes your rage last one more round, gives you one more maneuver readied and let you regain one maneuver as part of the action. All these benefits lasts for 1 round per hit dice of the victim.

One with the Demon(Ex): At 10th level, you and your inner demon become more like one being than ever before. Your type changes to Outsider, and whenever you are in your Controlled Demon Stance you gain the Evil subtype. You may now use two stances simultaneously, just so long as one of those stances is the Controlled Demon stance and you no longer need to eat, drink or sleep but must still breath normally.
Despite the feat's prerequisites, this ability does not rid you of your Inner Demon feat.

Stycotl
2008-01-31, 11:58 PM
the prc factory, always churning them out. i don't know how you do it *and* live in rl. very nice. i have no clue about bleach at all, but i like this prc. well done. in particular, the stance and the demon abilities are pretty neato.

ErrantX
2008-02-01, 01:57 AM
I definitely dig it. Another great work.

Now to get one of those wonderful swords... ;)

-X

P.S. You misspelled Abyssal on Abyssal Strike.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-01, 02:28 AM
I definitely dig it. Another great work.

Now to get one of those wonderful swords... ;)

-X

P.S. You misspelled Abyssal on Abyssal Strike.

Woops. Typo.

Guyr Adamantine
2008-02-01, 12:37 PM
Really awesome prestige class, Krimm.

I only have to make some small comments on power;

Inner Demon
Could there be a way to nerf it some more? I mean that you basically give the Rage class feature, at will, anytime you get a blow. You can always voluntarily fail a save. And then, when you gain the PrC, you get to use it anytime.

Controlled Demon Stance(Su):
Quite badass but incredibly strong.

Demon Ability(Ex or Su):
Regeneration(Ex):
Again, quite strong (but limited by rage time, I know). Does it allow you to reattach limbs?

Not about power, this time, but does anybody has an idea of an alternate ability to Doom Strike? Maybe it's just me but I just thought the PrC might need a more tasty final technique.:smalltongue:

But do not be mistaken. I love this.

Nice pic too!

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-01, 10:26 PM
Really awesome prestige class, Krimm.

I only have to make some small comments on power;

Could there be a way to nerf it some more? I mean that you basically give the Rage class feature, at will, anytime you get a blow. You can always voluntarily fail a save. And then, when you gain the PrC, you get to use it anytime.
I always figured rage should be one of those things where you should use it 1/encounter instead of a certain amount of times a day. This is still only 1/encounter.

Quite badass but incredibly strong.
I thought it might be, but I'm not entirely sure how to nerf it. Maybe something that isn't mathematically equivalent to class level... like a bonus based on level that isn't so high...

Again, quite strong (but limited by rage time, I know). Does it allow you to reattach limbs?
I made it so you could only get it at your highest level, plus getting it reduces the amount of fast healing you can even have(though admittedly, only by 1). And I didn't want you to be able to reattach limbs, I'll add that little detail.

Not about power, this time, but does anybody has an idea of an alternate ability to Doom Strike? Maybe it's just me but I just thought the PrC might need a more tasty final technique.:smalltongue:
Hmm... I had the idea of actually turning the PC into an outsider, but I'm not ready to drop doom strike, I just like it.

But do not be mistaken. I love this.

Nice pic too!

Glad you do.:smallbiggrin:
Wish I'd made that picture, though.

Guyr Adamantine
2008-02-02, 11:08 PM
I always figured rage should be one of those things where you should use it 1/encounter instead of a certain amount of times a day. This is still only 1/encounter.
I think I just badly explained myself; Am I the only one that think giving a class feature through a low prerequisite feat may be wrong?

I think it's balanced, but it was my duty to bring it.

I thought it might be, but I'm not entirely sure how to nerf it. Maybe something that isn't mathematically equivalent to class level... like a bonus based on level that isn't so high...
I like the changes you made.

I made it so you could only get it at your highest level, plus getting it reduces the amount of fast healing you can even have(though admittedly, only by 1). And I didn't want you to be able to reattach limbs, I'll add that little detail.
I like the changes you made... Again.

Hmm... I had the idea of actually turning the PC into an outsider, but I'm not ready to drop doom strike, I just like it.
Perhaps the classical Death Knell plus an aditional Maneuver readied for its duration, plus additional Inner Demon rage rounds?

Glad you do.:smallbiggrin:
Wish I'd made that picture, though.
Me too!:smalltongue:

ErrantX
2008-02-03, 12:01 AM
Having looked it over again, maybe you should grant it the outsider type at level 10.

-X

Fiery Diamond
2008-02-03, 12:26 AM
You should probably add a conditional -- make it so you can't voluntarily fail the will save to become "possessed."

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-03, 01:36 AM
Having looked it over again, maybe you should grant it the outsider type at level 10.

-X

Done.

You should probably add a conditional -- make it so you can't voluntarily fail the will save to become "possessed."

Also done.

Guyr Adamantine
2008-02-03, 12:14 PM
Harvest the Souls(Su): At level 10, when you bring a foe to negative hit points while in your Inner Demon rage, you may feed on its soul as a free action. Absorbing a soul gives you temporary hitpoints equal to twice the victims hit dices, which stacks with your Inner Demon feat. It also makes your rage last one more round, gives you one more maneuver readied and let you regain one maneuver as part of the action. All these benefits lasts for 1 round per hit dice of the victim.

I just wanted to propose it formally, and ask about its power.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-03, 05:51 PM

I just wanted to propose it formally, and ask about its power.

I actually like that quite a bit. But I only want 2 abilities... I'll probably drop the most recent addition; One with the Abyss.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-04-10, 07:48 PM
I've made a crucial change to the Inner Demon feat and the Controlled Demon Stance class feature. The rage is now of a barbarian of half your HD instead of your full HD, and the Controlled Demon stance changes that be your full HD. So I've effectively made NO changes to the CLASS, but I've powered down the feat.

Guyr Adamantine
2008-04-10, 09:27 PM
I've made a crucial change to the Inner Demon feat and the Controlled Demon Stance class feature. The rage is now of a barbarian of half your HD instead of your full HD, and the Controlled Demon stance changes that be your full HD. So I've effectively made NO changes to the CLASS, but I've powered down the feat.

Mmm... You see, when I made a PDF of the Masked Demon for my personnal use, I was still annoyed by the Inner Demon feat. I balanced it not by tweaking the effective barbarian level, but rather by limiting the conditions to launch the rage.

Instead of ''Whenever you are dealt damage in combat you must make a Will saving throw equal to the damage received or the demon inside you breaks loose'', I wrote ''Whenever you succeed on a Fortitude Save to survive death from Massive Damage, you must also make a Will Save at the same DC or the demon inside you breaks loose''.

I just think it got much more close to the flavor.

(Yes, I actually tweaked with your PrC. WITHOUT ASKING!:smalleek:)

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-04-10, 11:51 PM
You heathenous monster!

Lucky for you, heathenous monsters are my favorite kinds of people.

Guyr Adamantine
2008-04-11, 12:01 AM
You heathenous monster!

Lucky for you, heathenous monsters are my favorite kinds of people.

Great minds thinks alike.

Now bow to my superior Inner Demon feat version. Quick.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-04-11, 12:32 AM
My knees are still stiff from slaughtering your shinigami all morning, so bowing may be difficult.:amused:

Guyr Adamantine
2008-04-11, 12:35 AM
My knees are still stiff from slaughtering your shinigami all morning, so bowing may be difficult.:amused:

Then I will bow myself; That was an awesome 300 quote.:smalltongue:

Dustfinger
2008-04-13, 06:16 AM
Wow, absolutely amazing. Although, I have to agree that Guyr's Inner Demon feat seems more easily explainable, and balanced. See, now I want to play this prestige class, but no one ever allows homebrews. So, any of y'all wanna DM a game by request of lil' ol' me. :smalltongue: But seriously, does anyone know of a currently recruiting game that i could try for with this. I think i was about to try out for one of Krym's games a little while ago but, forgot or lost the thread... Oh no, now i'm rambling

EDIT: Do you mind if I DM a game in the Nation of the Dead setting. I am a huge fan, and I would like to ask permission instead of just using it.

Xuincherguixe
2008-04-13, 07:21 AM
Bit of a Nitpick, but an argument could be made that Ichigo is Lawful Good. Though, that doesn't necessarily mean that it can't still have that requirement.

Otherwise, good stuff. I love that picture you found too.

Guyr Adamantine
2008-04-13, 12:03 PM
Wow, absolutely amazing. Although, I have to agree that Guyr's Inner Demon feat seems more easily explainable, and balanced. See, now I want to play this prestige class, but no one ever allows homebrews. So, any of y'all wanna DM a game by request of lil' ol' me. :smalltongue: But seriously, does anyone know of a currently recruiting game that i could try for with this. I think i was about to try out for one of Krym's games a little while ago but, forgot or lost the thread... Oh no, now i'm rambling

EDIT: Do you mind if I DM a game in the Nation of the Dead setting. I am a huge fan, and I would like to ask permission instead of just using it.

Thank you. I made it that way mainly for fluff reasons, as Ichigo seems to transform after sustaining particularly devastating attacks.

Bit of a Nitpick, but an argument could be made that Ichigo is Lawful Good. Though, that doesn't necessarily mean that it can't still have that requirement.

I would answer that becoming a Vizard seems to substantly modify your behaviour.(You got two minds in one brain, dammit!)

Norr
2008-04-13, 12:49 PM
I haven't actually read/watched Bleach, but I like the flavor of this prc.

One thing though, Abyssal blast and some other abilities deal damage "equal to your initiator level times 1d6(max 15d6)". Does this mean a warblade 5 / Vizard 3 deal 1d6/initiator level (max 15d6) or initiator level (8)*1d6, max 15d6 (rolled separately)? The latter would be... strange.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-04-13, 07:35 PM
The initiator level of a warblade 5/masked demon 3 would be 8, so it would do 8d6 damage. Takes another masked demon level, and it'd do 9d6 and so on. Takes some warblade levels later on, and the damage would increase accordingly due to it's 1:1 initiator level increase ratio.

Norr
2008-04-14, 04:50 AM
I thought that would be the case, but had to be sure. The ability is worded a bit funny.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-07-23, 10:03 PM
I have altered the class to make it a more suiting counterpart to the Silent Demon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85682).

LunarWolfPrime
2009-08-25, 02:32 PM
Is there any sort of duration to the Controlled Demon Stance or was it meant to be used like a normal stance?

Reason why I am asking is that epic destiny that you made for this seems to powerful if that is the case.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2009-08-25, 10:16 PM
Is there any sort of duration to the Controlled Demon Stance or was it meant to be used like a normal stance?

Reason why I am asking is that epic destiny that you made for this seems to powerful if that is the case.

It acts as a rage, so it's 3+Con modifier rounds.

vasharanpaladin
2009-08-25, 10:21 PM
...So Controlled Demon Stance would interact with Extend Rage? :smalleek:

Krimm_Blackleaf
2009-08-25, 10:44 PM
...So Controlled Demon Stance would interact with Extend Rage? :smalleek:

Yes, it would indeed.