PDA

View Full Version : Men in the Playground

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Micate
2008-02-12, 10:54 PM
Oh yea, I have heated debates with the voice of self-loathing all the time. He always seems to be winning, but I'm pretty good at ignoring his advice anyways.

Rockphed
2008-02-12, 11:05 PM
I know its voice, and it is scary! It must surely be quelled with an Obelisk of light!

Midnight Son
2008-02-13, 01:54 AM
I have learned to ignore that voice in all cases but relationships. For some reason, he still gets me there. The whole, "does she really like me" question pops up all the time when I'm dating someone. I have to smash it with a sledge hammer or it gets the best of me and I start acting like a whiny little girl and she gets upset at me for not believing her when she tells me she loves me.

Aside from that, I know I can lose weight, I'm just too lazy to actually do all the exercise required to make it happen.

phoenixineohp
2008-02-13, 02:10 AM
I haven't been reading this thread, but I stopped in and feel I must add this simply from what I've seen on this page.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2/phoenixineohp/Cartoons/051010.jpg

:smallwink: :smalltongue:

Hoggy
2008-02-13, 05:22 AM
I lol'd.

RE voice: Yes, I think everyone ahs it at one point or another. Some people are just naturally obnoxious and ignore it like they ignore all the other voices that plague them through life. :smalltongue:

AtomicKitKat
2008-02-13, 06:50 AM
There's at least 2 of them, one male, one female, and probably a couple more. If I recognise them, I quickly say out loud "Shut up!", although if there's actual, physical people around, I keep it low.

Serpentine
2008-02-13, 07:09 AM
Mine is confusing :smallfrown: The best, and possibly most extreme, example I can think of goes like this:
Think something nasty, possibly racist or just shallow or whatever, but ironically - what a nasty or racist person might think.
What if it was actually your thought?
But I don't think that.
But you thought it, so you do.
Now I'm being paranoid and over-thinking it.
But it's something I should be watching out for...
But why? It's not like you're really like that...

I don't know which is the good one and which is bad :smallfrown:
Then there's the ones that go more like this:

Ugh, he's being such a hypocrite, I should say this to him.
Stop being a hypocrite, you do that too.
Dammit, now I'm a horrible person.
But he was being unreasonable.
You should take the higher path, be a good person.
It's not fair that I should always be the better person...
So? You still should.
I'll just lie down and stay silent, then.
But now you're being a victim...
Victim or aggressor?! Dammit, what am I, and what should I bloody be?!

Yeeeeaaaaah. I think too much.

Supagoof
2008-02-13, 11:04 AM
The voice in my head, well some of you have seen it. It takes the form of an ogre that runs through threads when the tone gets to serious. :smallbiggrin:

Okay, that's one of the many that run through my head. Moving on...

In response to Shraik's issue, the question you need to answer is.

What do you want?

Risk vs. Reward. What are you willing to risk vs. what are your expected rewards if you take the risk?

Is this a loving crush or a lusting crush? All too often those are confused with each other. Ask yourself why do you have this crush?

What would you do...
if it's lust?
if it's love?

Even if you don't hook up with her, perhaps you can help direct her life, if she is promiscous, to a path less dangerous. My thinking is that she isn't, and that's just some rumor some guy who got stood up told to make himself feel better.

But in order to find out, set your priorities first, then go dive in.

Telonius
2008-02-13, 12:07 PM
Yep, that voice is there for me too. Actually, I don't mind it at all. It's there to serve me. I picture it as some evil little Court Jester. If it starts speaking up, I know I'm starting to BS myself about something. So, I can call a halt and figure out what's going on, then continue on even stronger.

Regarding Shraik... You're both Freshmen... in high school? College? If it's High School (and I'm assuming it is), chill out a bit. You have plenty of time. You don't need to get with the first girl that happens to turn you on. Because, trust me, there will be plenty of women who will want you, and who you actually want to have a relationship that's not just about sex. Unless she's some kind of space alien, she doesn't have anything that other women don't have. (If she is an actual space alien, stop posting here and go for it).

I personally don't think there's anything wrong with sleeping around, as long as all parties involved are adult and consenting, and don't deceive each other about their intentions. Other viewpoints definitely differ.

Proven_Paradox
2008-02-13, 04:37 PM
Usually for me, about the time the voice that says, "Dude, you should ask her out!" says something, the conversation has her bringing up her boyfriend. At about that time, the voice that shouts obscenities in my head starts up (but I can tune him out) and later, the voice that suggested asking her out says, "Well, at least she told you before it got awkward."

As for the self-devaluing voice... I guess I never make it far enough for him to have anything to say.

YPU
2008-02-13, 04:49 PM
Oh boy, the voices. I am quite aware that I often murmur “shut up” to myself when locked in thought. I also have found that since a few recent events I have also developed a new voice, on that is constantly angsty and doesn’t trust people on anything, one that doubts the persons I believe the most. I suppose its part of emotional scarring.
I also have a voice that tells me to flirt more and keep it up rather then stopping at the first step. Strange enough that one is my girlfriends…

On a side note, I know that some time ago there was something on tv about a guy who had wrote a book about how to develop multiple persona. The type that you can switch of but could help you develop an new view of things. Now I think about it I’ll try and see if I can find something about it. It was a Dutch guy I am sure. It was said that this book was very good for self aid because the creation of these persona was much like character creation to us, you can point build or you can roll it. That way one could make a persona which is perfect for giving support in specific situations, and thus helping you.

Farmer42
2008-02-13, 11:16 PM
So, I'm lost here, and in real trouble. I'm interested in a girl, I don't know her too well, but I'd really like to get to know her better. We have a class together, and from just talking in class we have a few things in common. The problem is, I don't know her relationship status, I don't want to step on toes, and I'm really, really shy. I'm...yeah...I could really use some advice from the Men of the Playground.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to mention the really ironic part of the whole situation is the class itself. Understandings of Love.

Proven_Paradox
2008-02-13, 11:44 PM
...Ask her? If you don't want to be that direct, engage her in conversation. It's quite possible that if she is taken (as all the good ladies seem to be) the it'll come up on its own.

phoenixineohp
2008-02-13, 11:50 PM
So, I'm lost here, and in real trouble. I'm interested in a girl, I don't know her too well, but I'd really like to get to know her better. We have a class together, and from just talking in class we have a few things in common. The problem is, I don't know her relationship status, I don't want to step on toes, and I'm really, really shy. I'm...yeah...I could really use some advice from the Men of the Playground.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to mention the really ironic part of the whole situation is the class itself. Understandings of Love.

Are you or her on Facebook? That seems to be a social tool now. With listed relationship status reports.

KindaChang
2008-02-14, 12:59 AM
Ask her if she wants to get lunch after class next week.

Great solution because:

1.) Lunch isn't necessarily romantic like dinner is.
2.) Next week isn't a specific date and is in the future, giving her a chance to make a decision that isn't yes or no right then and there.

Mine is confusing :smallfrown: The best, and possibly most extreme, example I can think of goes like this:
Think something nasty, possibly racist or just shallow or whatever, but ironically - what a nasty or racist person might think.
What if it was actually your thought?
But I don't think that.
But you thought it, so you do.
Now I'm being paranoid and over-thinking it.
But it's something I should be watching out for...
But why? It's not like you're really like that...

For this, I want to say one thing, and yes it is a cliche but you should drive it into your head anyway.

"Actions speak louder than words." Just thinking something is not an action.

Jagg
2008-02-15, 05:43 AM
The latest must have accessory for men....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7ZL9gTsxb8

Just had to post this

JAGG

Kaelaroth
2008-02-15, 06:29 AM

Just had to post this

JAGG

Now, that's just disturbing. :smalleek:

The Rose Dragon
2008-02-15, 06:31 AM

You ask her whether she's avoiding you because he has a jealous boyfriend or not.

That is, if she is avoiding you. If not... I dunno, that was the only tactic I ever used.

Brickwall
2008-02-15, 10:24 AM

I wish that were a real product so I could buy fear-scented ones.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-02-15, 02:52 PM
I'm confused as to why I am coming here for advice, but...

...men, tell me how to be macho and confident! Or at least the second one. >.>

Supagoof
2008-02-15, 04:32 PM

Nothing beats a casual conversation where you drop the line "Your guy is a lucky man." It gives a compliment and fishes for what you want to know. The trick is in starting the conversation...and that will be up to you. You can either wait for an opportunity and take it, or create one. Waiting would be if she asks or answers a question out-loud in class, then you can state your opinion directly afterwards (be it in agreeance or not.) She'll notice, and that can be a conversation starter later. Either that, or creating one would be "bumping" into her or dropping your books near her (risky, but maybe she be amused that her looks caused you to drop your books.) or just plain out starting a conversation. "Hey,[Girl's name], what do you think of [insert interesting topic you both know of here]." Just other ways to get a direct result, and speaking of being direct.....

Cobra - Confidence is not letting your fears control your future. You just need to turn off the voice in your head that says "don't do it because...." and take a risk more often. Despite what happens with said risk, at least trying was the right thing. Don't let a negative result of trying something stop you from taking further risks. It just means the something you tried wasn't right for you, and just the fact you tried displays the confidence you had in you all along.

Trog
2008-02-15, 04:53 PM

Confidence: Imagine a very attractive man, or celebrity, what have you. Imagine the charisma and confidence that they would have walking through your day in your place. Talking to the people you talk to. Doing the things you do. Imagine how this person draws the eyes of others and projects magnetism. Now imagine that YOU, walking through your day, project the same power. This power is in the eye of the beholder. As is beauty. Every one of us is attracted to different looking people. Every one of us has an innate sense of what attractive is. Someone out there thinks you fit into this category. In your head THINK that everyone is, somehow, noticing you. Sooner or later you may start to believe it. And that makes you feel a lot more comfortable.

Now what lack of confidence does is that it negates the sexy, attractive bit. Or it at least adds a negative modifier. So... you can make the best impression by not showing your lack of confidence. Easier said than done, I know. But you don't improve without practice. Just be confident in your head. You don't need to do different things than you normally do, just FEEL different. At first no one will even notice you doing it. And then soon, they won't be able to help but notice you.

On machismo: be manly without being a jerk. There's macho jerk-ism and then there's gentlemanly machismo. You probably already know where the line you shouldn't cross is drawn for this. If not, I'm sure the ladies will let you know.

Uh... does that help?

If not, here... wear this *hands over big ugly gold medallion from the 70's.*

Kaelaroth
2008-02-15, 05:10 PM
If not, here... wear this *hands over big ugly gold medallion from the 70's.*

Gah! Get it away! It burns!

*shrinks away from the sunlight icon of ickiness*

Serpentine
2008-02-15, 09:54 PM
For a quick, short-term confidence boost, I recommend just looking good. Get yourself some threads you can strut in. It's amazing how much of a difference just looking good can make to your mood, outlook and general attitude.

Brickwall
2008-02-15, 10:15 PM
For a quick, short-term confidence boost, I recommend just looking good. Get yourself some threads you can strut in. It's amazing how much of a difference just looking good can make to your mood, outlook and general attitude.

Very true one here. And if your selection is good and somebody compliments your new clothing, you will feel sexier for at least a week because of it. Seriously.

I recommend enlisting the shopping aid of someone who is attracted to men. They know what looks attractive on men, and will thus be invaluably helpful. It works.

I'm da Rogue!
2008-02-16, 08:15 PM
Now that I'm a man, can I post here too?

I'll talk about football! And I also brought beers!
And pizza!

Can I stay?

Gorbash
2008-02-16, 08:18 PM
No boobs allowed! :smalltongue:

unstattedCommoner
2008-02-16, 08:20 PM

And pizza!

Can I stay?

Yes, as soon as you've correctly explained the offside rule.

Swordlol
2008-02-16, 08:25 PM

And pizza!

Can I stay?

You don't know me at all.

Go away.

I'm da Rogue!
2008-02-16, 08:25 PM
@commoner:Hey, I know about football.

I also was at the last Champions League's final.

Where were you this summer?:smallamused:
-----------------

@^ Nah, I'll stay.

Gorbash
2008-02-16, 08:28 PM
Are we talking about football (as it is know in the whole world) or soccer (as it is known in the US)?

unstattedCommoner
2008-02-16, 08:30 PM
Where were you this summer?:smallamused:

You don't know what I did last summer? Blast. I was hoping someone would gradually clue me in while murdering all my associates.

Swordlol
2008-02-16, 08:30 PM
Edited to annoy Cobra.

Second edit: Ha!

Third edit: Haha!

Cobra_Ikari
2008-02-16, 08:43 PM
Rogue obviously knows more about sports than I do. By the power of my man-parts, I vote stay.

I'm da Rogue!
2008-02-16, 09:02 PM
^ Thanx:smallbiggrin:

So, what are you guys talking about in here anyways?

Raiser Blade
2008-02-16, 09:07 PM
Saunters into thread.

Hey boys what's going on? :smallwink:

Midnight Son
2008-02-16, 11:17 PM
*Swills all of Rogue's beer*

*Touches nose with index finger*

Vuzzmop
2008-02-17, 12:06 AM
Well, Rogue, right now we are talking about allowing you to stay in the thread, I vote you can, but just because you know more about sports than I do, and apparently that's what makes people men:smallfrown:

My team won the school haka competition the other day, I guess that adds some man points. If you don't know what that is, just wiki it, someone probably got it right.

@Cobra: i'm an actor, and I see a lot of people slip up, freeze with nerves or completely break down simply because they lack confidence in their abilities. remember, don't try to vizualise people naked, its a silly idea, especially if they're attractive. Serpentine said to dress better and get some new threads, but I kinda disagree. Not that looking good doesn't help, but it tends to help more with females than men, just look deep within your manly self, find that little annoying part of your brain that makes you unconfident, and beat it to within an inch of its life. Visualise that, every time you're about to do something big ans scary, and eventually, you won't have to. Take a leap of bravery, because the first one is definately the hardest.

Keymort
2008-02-17, 12:52 AM
The biggest problem with society, (at least in Australia), is that there is literally no support for guys.
First of all, media wise, we are completely ignored. All this "violence against women" crap is very much well and good, but it completely ignores the other sex.
Australia, I think anyway (it's at least in the top 3), has the highest male teen suicide rate in the world, just because guys don't actually get any social support, and if you don't have a friend network or good family relations, there is physically noone who is going to tell you about how you should deal with Girls/guys/shims.
The other problem is, that in general, guys are far to "macho" or "cool" to go out of their way to help one another.
Girls in society, have like, a massive cult thing, where it is them vs everyone else if anyone interferes with even one of their number, but when it comes to men, because we are far more aggressive naturally and chemically, it's hard for us to find social support from the "randoms" around us, the way that girls can.
Which is ok for most, because when it comes down to it, most of us can find friends and all that jazz. But for those who are socially inept, alot of them have trouble, due to bullying and suchlike.
Because we are stereotyped (I said stereotyped, not we are:smalleek: don't hurt me1!!) to be the strongest sex, we are often left, and even directly told to fight it out in situations we can't cope with, just because "We are men." But those that say that, often wouldn't be able to cope under the pressure that some are put under, if they were in the same, friendless (=support networkless) environment, but still get angry and claim they could.

KindaChang
2008-02-17, 02:18 AM

Better challenge:

Explain the in-field fly rule.

averagejoe
2008-02-17, 03:05 AM
Better challenge:

Explain the in-field fly rule.

Any time a fly gets onto the field they have to stop the game to get it off, because then one of the players might accidentally eat it, which would be gross. :smallamused: But they have to use a glass and newspaper, because you wouldn't want to kill it. :smalltongue:

If there are runners on first and second, or bases loaded, and less than two outs, and a fly is hit which can be easily caught is hit, the batter will be ruled immediately out, whether or not the ball is caught. It was implimented to stop infielders from intentionally dropping flys in order to make double/triple plays. :smalltongue: :smalltongue:

Edited for clarity.

KindaChang
2008-02-17, 04:52 AM
I still think it should be runners advance safely if the fielder drops the ball. Come on, you need to punish them for being that incompetent.

Jagg
2008-02-17, 11:32 PM

And pizza!

Can I stay?

Well you know you have to complete "the man test" (tm) now I'm afraid.

First of all you have to drink a bottle of scotch, then you have to enter that hut over there and wrestle the tiger and remove it's sore tooth, and then you have to enter the third hut over there and satisfy the woman who has never been satisfied....think you can do that?

JAGG

Hell Puppi
2008-02-17, 11:33 PM
Can I replace scotch for rum?

*realizes test wasn't meant for her*

Oh. Well nevermind then. Proceed with you're daily activities...

Raistlin1040
2008-02-17, 11:39 PM
The biggest problem with society, (at least in Australia), is that there is literally no support for guys.
First of all, media wise, we are completely ignored. All this "violence against women" crap is very much well and good, but it completely ignores the other sex.
Australia, I think anyway (it's at least in the top 3), has the highest male teen suicide rate in the world, just because guys don't actually get any social support, and if you don't have a friend network or good family relations, there is physically noone who is going to tell you about how you should deal with Girls/guys/shims.
The other problem is, that in general, guys are far to "macho" or "cool" to go out of their way to help one another.
Girls in society, have like, a massive cult thing, where it is them vs everyone else if anyone interferes with even one of their number, but when it comes to men, because we are far more aggressive naturally and chemically, it's hard for us to find social support from the "randoms" around us, the way that girls can.
Which is ok for most, because when it comes down to it, most of us can find friends and all that jazz. But for those who are socially inept, alot of them have trouble, due to bullying and suchlike.
Because we are stereotyped (I said stereotyped, not we are:smalleek: don't hurt me1!!) to be the strongest sex, we are often left, and even directly told to fight it out in situations we can't cope with, just because "We are men." But those that say that, often wouldn't be able to cope under the pressure that some are put under, if they were in the same, friendless (=support networkless) environment, but still get angry and claim they could.

It's like that in America too man. It's the age old concept of "Protect the women! They are frail!" mixed with the new age concept "Women can do anything men can do." to create "Protect the women! They can do anything men can do." :smallsigh:

Brickwall
2008-02-17, 11:43 PM
It's like that in America too man. It's the age old concept of "Protect the women! They are frail!" mixed with the new age concept "Women can do anything men can do." to create "Protect the women! They can do anything men can do." :smallsigh:

It isn't changing anytime soon. That's sexism for you. Maybe in a few centuries, there'll be another paradigm shift. Stick around for it.

Shadow
2008-02-18, 12:02 AM
Well you know you have to complete "the man test" (tm) now I'm afraid.

First of all you have to drink a bottle of scotch, then you have to enter that hut over there and wrestle the tiger and remove it's sore tooth, and then you have to enter the third hut over there and satisfy the woman who has never been satisfied....think you can do that?

JAGG
*drinks bottle of scotch*

*enters hut containing tiger*
*fighting and growling noises from within*
*exits hut*

"Where's the old lady with the sore tooth at again?"

Jagg
2008-02-18, 12:14 AM

Cobra you need to complete the man test (see above).

In one sense I'm joking (I don't really expect you to wrestle a tiger), in another sense I am not.

Many societies have rituals that establish when a man enters manhood. An event where after which you are accorded the respect of other men and treated as a man by everyone. Frequently this is something that is dangerous and a test of courage and determination. For example if you were born a Maasai male, every 15 years Moran occurs (which individually means you would be between the age of 12 and 25)

One rite of passage from boyhood to the status of junior warrior is a painful circumcision ceremony, which is performed without anaesthetic. The boy must endure the operation in silence. Expressions of pain bring dishonor, albeit temporarily. The healing process will take 3-4 months, and boys must remain in black cloths for a period of 4-8 months. During this period, the newly circumcised young men will live in a "manyatta", a "village" built by their mothers. The manyatta has no protective encircling barricade for protection, emphasizing the warrior role of protecting the community. No inner krall is built, since warriors neither own cattle or undertake stock duties. Further rites of passage are required before achieving the status of senior warrior, culminating in the eunoto ceremony, the "coming of age". You then go on walkabout protecting the tribe in general from such things as lions and other things.

So not only do they cut you and you are in pain for a few months, the big cats and dangerous animals get to try and have you for a midnight snack. Bet you feel like a man after that eh?

But where in our homogenized and westernized society do we find these rituals that say "now you are a man." There aren't any. They tend to get made up by our peer groups rather than by elder members of our tribe and you end up with manhood rituals like drinking copious amounts of alcohol, driving a really fast car, and sleeping with lots and lots of women. All of which are serious risk taking activities. At the end of which you don't even get a ceremony with a bunch of older guys saying that they are proud of you and you are now a man.

So Cobra really want to feel macho and confident? Make up a list of things that you think you cannot do that are both physically and mentally challenging. Especially concentrate on things that you are afraid of. For example, climb a mountain, jump out of an airplane, ride a horse, build something large. whatever floats your boat. Trust me, at the end of it, you will feel more macho and confident. (It also doesn't hurt with the ladies. :thog: Hey :haley: did I see you on the hiking trail when I climbed to the top of Mt Doom on the weekend? :haley: Why no ...but tell me more you big hunky man you. )

JAGG

Cuddly
2008-02-18, 12:30 AM
You sure use a lot of emoticons, Jagg. I don't know how I feel about your man status.

[edit]
Actually, replacing nouns with crudely drawn figures is pretty manly.
Props.

Jagg
2008-02-18, 12:35 AM
You sure use a lot of emoticons, Jagg. I don't know how I feel about your man status.

[

Jagg cupcakes Cuddly and pours beer on his head.

KindaChang
2008-02-18, 01:37 AM
I'd say the ultimate American entry into manhood is to take one summer to see a home game of every summer professional baseball team in the US. A through MLB.

Now that's a multi-month grueling expression of manliness that teaches you valuable life lessons:

1.) You will have to perform basic maintenance on your car
2.) You will have to learn how to manage money
3.) You will have to learn how to navigate the US highway system
4.) You will have to learn how to "rough it" in the modern world
5.) You will have experienced the ultimate of all post highschool experiences: Road Trip.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-02-18, 07:22 AM
Cobra you need to complete the man test (see above).

In one sense I'm joking (I don't really expect you to wrestle a tiger), in another sense I am not.

Many societies have rituals that establish when a man enters manhood. An event where after which you are accorded the respect of other men and treated as a man by everyone. Frequently this is something that is dangerous and a test of courage and determination. For example if you were born a Maasai male, every 15 years Moran occurs (which individually means you would be between the age of 12 and 25)

One rite of passage from boyhood to the status of junior warrior is a painful circumcision ceremony, which is performed without anaesthetic. The boy must endure the operation in silence. Expressions of pain bring dishonor, albeit temporarily. The healing process will take 3-4 months, and boys must remain in black cloths for a period of 4-8 months. During this period, the newly circumcised young men will live in a "manyatta", a "village" built by their mothers. The manyatta has no protective encircling barricade for protection, emphasizing the warrior role of protecting the community. No inner krall is built, since warriors neither own cattle or undertake stock duties. Further rites of passage are required before achieving the status of senior warrior, culminating in the eunoto ceremony, the "coming of age". You then go on walkabout protecting the tribe in general from such things as lions and other things.

So not only do they cut you and you are in pain for a few months, the big cats and dangerous animals get to try and have you for a midnight snack. Bet you feel like a man after that eh?

But where in our homogenized and westernized society do we find these rituals that say "now you are a man." There aren't any. They tend to get made up by our peer groups rather than by elder members of our tribe and you end up with manhood rituals like drinking copious amounts of alcohol, driving a really fast car, and sleeping with lots and lots of women. All of which are serious risk taking activities. At the end of which you don't even get a ceremony with a bunch of older guys saying that they are proud of you and you are now a man.

So Cobra really want to feel macho and confident? Make up a list of things that you think you cannot do that are both physically and mentally challenging. Especially concentrate on things that you are afraid of. For example, climb a mountain, jump out of an airplane, ride a horse, build something large. whatever floats your boat. Trust me, at the end of it, you will feel more macho and confident. (It also doesn't hurt with the ladies. :thog: Hey :haley: did I see you on the hiking trail when I climbed to the top of Mt Doom on the weekend? :haley: Why no ...but tell me more you big hunky man you. )

JAGG

2 things.

1 - I only drink tequila. Is that acceptable?
2 - NO ****ing WAY is anyone cutting on me. >.<

...thanks for your suggestion, though.

Narmoth
2008-02-18, 07:45 AM

heh, I don't know anything about football, so that' not really a test.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-02-18, 10:35 AM
heh, I don't know anything about football, so that' not really a test.

Yes, but according to your gender thingy, you're not a man. Therefore, isn't it doing its job properly? :smallwink:

*hugs*...but I vote that you can stay, too. *nods*

I'm da Rogue!
2008-02-18, 10:51 AM
No women in this thread.:smallannoyed:

They make my beer taste bad.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-02-18, 11:13 AM

Why of course, I'm da Rogue, of course. :smallwink:

Cobra_Ikari
2008-02-18, 11:18 AM

*puts Rogue's beer back in the cooler*

There. Now you can ogle all you want without having to worry about your beer getting warm and crappy.

AtomicKitKat
2008-02-18, 11:56 AM
It's pretty simple over here. Those there manly men are taken from boyhood at age 18, made to live in homoerotically cramped proximity to other men, and taught how to commit acts of murder.:smalltongue:

Raiser Blade
2008-02-18, 12:01 PM

Does this mean I have to leave now? :smallfrown:

I'm da Rogue!
2008-02-18, 12:15 PM
Yes.
This is about men stuff, and naked girls make me think dirty.

Jibar
2008-02-18, 12:31 PM
Yes.

You're a guy. Everything makes you think dirty.

Raiser Blade
2008-02-18, 12:32 PM
Yes.

What's so bad about that? :smallamused:

I'm da Rogue!
2008-02-18, 12:36 PM
You're a guy. Everything makes you think dirty.
Right. Cat-muffins too. They're so..:smallamused:

What's so bad about that? :smallamused:

Get out of my mind, woman!:smallmad:

Raiser Blade
2008-02-18, 12:46 PM
Get out of my mind, woman!:smallmad:

*drops katana*

Oops silly me. :smallredface: :smallwink:

Jibar
2008-02-18, 12:49 PM
*drops katana*

Oops silly me. :smallredface: :smallwink:

"Ninja Porn. You'll never see it coming."
I did not just type that I did not just type that I did not just type that I did not just type that I did not just type that I did not just type that...

Lyesmith
2008-02-18, 12:54 PM
Unexpected naked miko?
Yes you did. You totally typed that.

I'm da Rogue!
2008-02-18, 01:13 PM
I don't think :miko: would be good in bed, really.

Angry, yes, but not that good.

:sabine: on the other hand..:smallamused:

Maybe :sabine: and :haley: ..

North
2008-02-18, 01:15 PM
:miko: You have deviated from the missionary position. Obviously you are evil and the Gods demand I smite you!

Cobra_Ikari
2008-02-18, 01:20 PM
:miko: You have deviated from the missionary position. Obviously you are evil and the Gods demand I smite you!

Hmm. I take it foursomes are out of the question, then. >.>

Brickwall
2008-02-18, 03:18 PM
Yes.

Imposter! Real men know that naked girls ARE men stuff!

Also, North, take 5 :smallwink: points.

North
2008-02-18, 03:43 PM
*Takes the five points* :smallbiggrin:

But yeah REAL men dont need naked women to have dirty thoughts.

Socks are enough. Or pinecones. Or air. Men dont operate on a one track mind. They have dual tracks, one for sex and the other for everything else. :smallbiggrin:

averagejoe
2008-02-18, 04:02 PM

You're not supposed to put the women in the beer. :smalltongue:

Doc Leech
2008-02-18, 04:17 PM
you know, i thought that too! unfortunately, the reverse... so much harder.

Kaelaroth
2008-02-18, 04:23 PM

I could totally go for Elan, Nale, and Sabine in the same form.

*blank looks*

Oh please! You know what I mean... :smallamused:

Jagg
2008-02-18, 05:48 PM

Are you kidding? :miko: would be SENSATIONAL in bed...why?

Because she's all repressed and bottling in a lot of emotion. So if you actually managed to break through all that repression to Ahem the treasure type 'O' she'd be WILD.

You wouldn't be able to walk for a week (in a good way), plus you know..paladin...fortitude and endurance...know what I'm saying :smallwink:

Illiterate Scribe
2008-02-18, 06:33 PM
The lust that's positively dripping off this thread (eww ...) is disturbing. Stick figures, people, stick figures!

:smallamused:

unstattedCommoner
2008-02-18, 06:38 PM

:sabine: as :miko:.

But of course then she wouldn't have the wings. :smallsigh:

Jagg
2008-02-18, 06:52 PM
The lust that's positively dripping off this thread (eww ...) is disturbing. Stick figures, people, stick figures!

:smallamused:

Would you feel more comfortable is we compare ACTUAL women's body parts? Coz you lnow we can do that too?

I'm da Rogue!
2008-02-18, 07:03 PM
Would you feel more comfortable is we compare ACTUAL women's body parts? Coz you lnow we can do that too?

Miko has small boobs.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-02-18, 07:08 PM
Miko has small boobs.

...I'm kinda a fan of that. You know, they say more than a handful's a waste anyway. But then, some people have bigger hands than others...*looks at hands*...

...oh, and also...she's a cartoon. It's not like she's 3D capable anyway, so her boobs could never be big enough. I think?

Jack Squat
2008-02-18, 07:22 PM
...oh, and also...she's a cartoon. It's not like she's 3D capable anyway, so her boobs could never be big enough. I think?

my counterpoint:

http://dl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/254/254751gnnm6o7wu4.jpg

Pwenet
2008-02-18, 07:24 PM
*Shakes head at the latest conversation and mutters something about strange topics of conversation.*

Lyesmith
2008-02-18, 07:26 PM
...I've never really been a fan of boobs, to be honest.
But then, i lean towards the menfolk, and Moobs are made of Eurch:smallyuk:

Proven_Paradox
2008-02-18, 09:27 PM
On the topic of boobs, yeah, I'm of the school that a handful'd be enough. There's a point where I'd imagine they'd just get in the way.

That said, I've got strange tastes apparently. Apparently bones showing through the skin is supposed to be sexy now. If I see ribs I am immediately rendered uninterested.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-02-18, 09:29 PM
On the topic of boobs, yeah, I'm of the school that a handful'd be enough. There's a point where I'd imagine they'd just get in the way.

That said, I've got strange tastes apparently. Apparently bones showing through the skin is supposed to be sexy now. If I see ribs I am immediately rendered uninterested.

If I see ribs, I can't hug for fear of hurting them. Brooke called them "the breakables". :(

*drags breakable to foodplace and forces the eating*

Jack Squat
2008-02-18, 09:36 PM
I'm the same way as you guys, I was just pointing out that cartoons could have size.

I've never seen the appeal of large breasts...there's a point where they just have to get in the way of daily life.

and on the thinness issue, there's a difference between being thin, and looking like a halocaust survivor. The latter has never, and never will be attractive to anyone with basic thought processes.

Brickwall
2008-02-18, 09:42 PM
You're not supposed to put the women in the beer. :smalltongue:

And just why not? That might actually convince me to care for beer.

North
2008-02-18, 10:07 PM
Hmm like one of those giant martini glasses with a girl in it?

Yeah, Id be in for that.

Better make it a double:smallbiggrin:

FoE
2008-02-18, 11:20 PM
I'm of the school that boobs, as a general rule, are fantastic and should be as large as possible. :smallbiggrin: (Though not to grotesque extremes.)

@V: If you mean that because I'm a girl, well, let's just say I'm open-minded. :smallwink: If you mean that because it looks like I have small breasts, well, I'm still in high school and growing. And stop staring at my chest, you perv! :smallannoyed:

Jagg
2008-02-18, 11:24 PM
I'm of the school that boobs, as a general rule, are fantastic and should be as large as possible. :smallbiggrin: (Though not to grotesque extremes.)

Really? Coz your avatar would seem to indicate otherwise.

My preference...meh I'm more of a legs and butt man

ZeroNumerous
2008-02-19, 12:16 AM
My preference...meh I'm more of a legs and butt man

Aren't we all? :smallconfused:

Doc Leech
2008-02-19, 08:35 AM
you mean you've been able to PICK if you're a legs/breasts/ass man?? i can't choose... so wonderful, all of them! glorious!

also, anything above a handful is NOT a waste in my own 'humble' opinion, though that rule may apply for 3 handfuls and up. course, maybe we're talking of different hands. what we need here are standards! someone should put together an association or an institute with a clever name to create diagrams and shiny graphs to settle this matter. pictures, too. lots of pictures.

I'm da Rogue!
2008-02-19, 09:28 AM
I'm of the school that boobs, as a general rule, are fantastic and should be as large as possible. :smallbiggrin:

Awww, you made the female me cry.

T'ze'hai
2008-02-20, 07:53 AM
There is a point where boobs are not nice anymore, but life-threatening or just annoying. Or are there many people here who would like to be smothered to death by boobs? :smalleek: Or having the big-boob-girl complain that she can not ly on her stomach because that hurts, the same for running, making large, fast movements? :smallyuk:

Eksar Lindisfar
2008-02-20, 08:03 AM
about the boobs business, yes, it can turn annoying for the girl of big breasts after a while, it will be much like wearing pretty tight trousers for the man, I mean, the two we know down there will feel squashed.

that is why, also, I like women with large hips (not because the overweight, but natural reasons) althought it might sound like a fancy and subtle way of saying, I like "cheeky" girls (again, not because the overweight). Regardless of what my teenage lust might tell me, I don´t like skinny girls.

Serpentine
2008-02-20, 08:12 AM
...and so the discussion finally turns to bosoms. With an interlude of Jessica Rabbit, I see. Awesome.
I second the "big boobs get annoying" motion :smallyuk: But... life-threatening? :smalleek:

unstattedCommoner
2008-02-20, 08:36 AM
Or are there many people here who would like to be smothered to death by boobs? :smalleek:

That's the last thing I propose to do.

Ranna
2008-02-20, 08:55 AM
about the boobs business, yes, it can turn annoying for the girl of big breasts after a while, it will be much like wearing pretty tight trousers for the man, I mean, the two we know down there will feel squashed.

that is why, also, I like women with large hips (not because the overweight, but natural reasons) althought it might sound like a fancy and subtle way of saying, I like "cheeky" girls (again, not because the overweight). Regardless of what my teenage lust might tell me, I don´t like skinny girls.

Studies have proven that the most attractive body ratio for a women is 0.7

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waist-hip_ratio tho i can only find a wiki entry for that fact, ive got the actuall paper that studied it somewhere in my room.

AtomicKitKat
2008-02-20, 09:58 AM
Hmm. Morrigan? Or Lilith? Morrigan and Lilith?:smallbiggrin:

Big breasts=backache. Especially coupled with high heels. Why are us girls so obsessed with wearing them and then looking for boyfriends who are literally head and shoulders(and sometimes the whole ribcage) taller than us when we're both barefeet?

Trog
2008-02-20, 10:22 AM
*Trog wanders in. Takes a seat*

Who? Trog? Trog's just here waiting for someone to threaten his life with boobs.

Dunno... It just said "have your life threatened with boobs" on the flyer. Trog wasn't really bothering to think over the ramifications. Sheesh.

*waits* :smalltongue:

Jibar
2008-02-20, 11:28 AM
Okay, pause a second.
This is, and will be, about the only male thing you will ever hear Jibar say.
Ready?

I like big boobs and I like skinny women.
Yes, that sounds horribly shallow and in a way it is.
I've got reasons, sure, and this isn't to say that I only like this kind of woman. But... when you're friends with a large breasted fetish model, you start to realise just why people prefer them.

OhmyGod being male feels so weird.
I should keep out of this thread.

Brickwall
2008-02-20, 12:05 PM
Studies have proven that the most attractive body ratio for a women is 0.7

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waist-hip_ratio tho i can only find a wiki entry for that fact, ive got the actuall paper that studied it somewhere in my room.

According to that article, girls with sexy hips tend to be smarter than girls with less sexy hips.

See, ladies? We DO love you for your minds. Sorta.

Kaelaroth
2008-02-20, 12:25 PM
But... life-threatening? :smalleek:

What with the breast cancer and all? And possibly leading to back troubles because of... big bosoms (:smallyuk:), and possible raised risk of obesity, as if it's painful to exercise - you probably won't.

Brickwall
2008-02-20, 12:53 PM
Or are there many people here who would like to be smothered to death by boobs?

Not sure how I missed this, but I have to say that's on my top 10 favorite ways to die. Maybe even top 5.

FoE
2008-02-20, 12:57 PM
There is actually a fetish for getting smothered by large breasts. The name escapes me at the moment. :smallconfused:

Raiser Blade
2008-02-20, 01:12 PM
Not sure how I missed this, but I have to say that's on my top 10 favorite ways to die. Maybe even top 5.

For me it only loses by a slight margin to "Drowning in chocolate pudding".

Hoggy
2008-02-20, 01:15 PM
I figure the stereotypical man is quite stubborn and is adamant he is right, and I wasn't sure where else to put this.

Right, so, got a letter a month ago, about my car I wrote off. Apparantly, they didn't get a SORN (Statutory Off Road Notice) for it when I claimed the tax back, and so were fining me £80. Worked with Dad to send a letter of complaint because I know I filled this form out. Today, get another letter; they've sent a 'photocopy' of my tax form back, with the SORN on the bottom of the form empty. Which is odd, because both me and my Dad remembering me calling him to get the owner details when I was filling it out shortly before I sent it off. But they've reduced the fine to £40, for some reason.

Question: Me and my Dad both remember me filling the form out before I posted it, so why is the photocopy blank? Why did they reduce the fine? Am I just going completely mad?

Cobra_Ikari
2008-02-20, 01:59 PM
I figure the stereotypical man is quite stubborn and is adamant he is right, and I wasn't sure where else to put this.

Right, so, got a letter a month ago, about my car I wrote off. Apparantly, they didn't get a SORN (Statutory Off Road Notice) for it when I claimed the tax back, and so were fining me £80. Worked with Dad to send a letter of complaint because I know I filled this form out. Today, get another letter; they've sent a 'photocopy' of my tax form back, with the SORN on the bottom of the form empty. Which is odd, because both me and my Dad remembering me calling him to get the owner details when I was filling it out shortly before I sent it off. But they've reduced the fine to £40, for some reason.

Question: Me and my Dad both remember me filling the form out before I posted it, so why is the photocopy blank? Why did they reduce the fine? Am I just going completely mad?

They have obviously realized they are wrong and are trying to "compromise" to save face. *nods*

Also, Jibar, it is your duty as a man to share! >.>

Jibar
2008-02-20, 02:06 PM
Also, Jibar, it is your duty as a man to share! >.>

But masculinity is so dull.
We don't get any of the fun stuff and for some reason act like jerks most the time.
See, that's why you get that moment of male from me, and now I feel bad about it. It's so jerktacular, it's like those people who leave gum on the top of cinema seats, instead of on the bottom.

The Rose Dragon
2008-02-20, 02:08 PM
I've got reasons, sure, and this isn't to say that I only like this kind of woman. But... when you're friends with a large breasted fetish model, you start to realise just why people prefer them.

Had several friends that were... well-endowed, to say the least. Still don't see the allure.

Then again, I find Michael J. Fox to be more attractive than quite a lot of "attractive" women, so I got my own problems there.

Trog
2008-02-20, 02:19 PM
There is actually a fetish for getting smothered by large breasts. The name escapes me at the moment. :smallconfused:

*DING*

Wait. Trog thinks Trog just developed a fetish. Huh. How about that. Must get one at the next level. Could have sworn it said feat. Hmmm.... feat fetish? :smallconfused: Nah. Couldn't have been.

Lyesmith
2008-02-20, 02:23 PM
Had several friends that were... well-endowed, to say the least. Still don't see the allure.

Then again, I find Michael J. Fox to be more attractive than quite a lot of "attractive" women.

Quoted for truth!
Breasphsyxation sounds...If i had a fetish, one that didnt invole being choked.

Eita
2008-02-20, 02:32 PM
Not sure how this got to boobs, but I'm not complaining.

North
2008-02-20, 02:33 PM
Face for me is what I look for first. (Not yours FoE) I like a cute look, nice eyes. Something good to stare at when I talk or make out with :smallwink:.

Getting smothered by breasts, definitely in my top five ways to die. They are part three things of how I know that their is a god and he wants us to be happy. (Beer and Redheads being the other two).

Cobra_Ikari
2008-02-20, 02:34 PM
We don't get any of the fun stuff and for some reason act like jerks most the time.
See, that's why you get that moment of male from me, and now I feel bad about it. It's so jerktacular, it's like those people who leave gum on the top of cinema seats, instead of on the bottom.

Rawr. True men can have a sensitive side without losing their masculinity! Or is that just a lie I perpetuate so I don't feel like an *******?

Also, gum on seats period sucks. I always get it on my hand. Like a gooey landmine. >.<

Eita
2008-02-20, 02:36 PM
Two unintentional innuendos in one post (although, one was quoted)? Never thought I'd see the day.

Jibar
2008-02-20, 02:41 PM
Rawr. True men can have a sensitive side without losing their masculinity! Or is that just a lie I perpetuate so I don't feel like an *******?

I don't care about my masculinity. I have none, I'm nothing but sensitive side.
Men suck. Go vagoo. Hurry up with Gender Normal Week already. >,<
I only fell into this thread out of curiosity anyway...

Then again, I find Michael J. Fox to be more attractive than quite a lot of "attractive" women, so I got my own problems there.

You should hear me talk about Dave Grohl. Mmmmhmmm. That man is a tasty dish.

FoE
2008-02-20, 02:42 PM
I prefer not to die during sex, actually, since that would be terribly upsetting for my partner, I think. Did anyone see Clerks? :smallwink:

I would prefer that my death involve the phrases "riddled with bullets" or "he was at the wheel when the plane/car/tank exploded" or "died ramming the alien craft into their mother ship, saving the planet." If all they have to bury is a few fingers, that's would be awesome. :smallbiggrin:

North
2008-02-20, 02:48 PM
If you add "Saving the world" to a sentence involving Angelina Jolie, Eliza Dushku and Kirsten Dunst, you have my number 1 best way to die.

And technically in Clerks he was dead before the sex:smalleek:

unstattedCommoner
2008-02-20, 02:52 PM
I prefer not to die during sex, actually, since that would be terribly upsetting for my partner, I think. Did anyone see Clerks? :smallwink:

I would prefer that my death involve the phrases "died ramming the alien craft into their mother ship, saving the planet."

The official release will say that; the investigator's report which suggests that if your girlfriend hadn't been there you would have had both eyes on the viewscreen and both hands on the controls will be suppressed.

averagejoe
2008-02-20, 03:03 PM
Men suck. Go vagoo. Hurry up with Gender Normal Week already. >,<
I only fell into this thread out of curiosity anyway...

Untrue. Counterexample: I'm a man, and I pretty much [the opposite of suck]. As neither of these statements can possibly be sensibly refuted, it must be untrue that men suck. :smallamused: :smalltongue: :smallwink:

Truly, logic is the very epitome of masculinity.

Kaelaroth
2008-02-20, 03:07 PM
Untrue. Counterexample: I'm a man, and I pretty much [the opposite of suck]. As neither of these statements can possibly be sensibly refuted, it must be untrue that men suck. :smallamused: :smalltongue: :smallwink:

Truly, logic is the very epitome of masculinity.

Aaagh! It burns!

EDIT: Previous comment has been removed for inherent sexual R-Rated connotations.

Lyesmith
2008-02-20, 03:10 PM
Oh gods.
I read that.
I'm going slightly to the bad place.
To Buffy!
*goes to watch Evil Willow*
Mmm, yeah...:smallamused:

averagejoe
2008-02-20, 03:12 PM
Aaagh! It burns!

And, besides, when I'm old enough, I very, very much hope to suck. Quite a bit. Maybe the men who enjoy breeding don't suck?

Well, I assumed that Jibar was using "suck" as a slang term to describe men as undesirable, repellant, or disgusting, and not as a term referring to the act of creating an area of low pressure within one's mouth in order to stimulate someone else sexually. Either way, I doubt if all men are or do.

FoE
2008-02-20, 03:18 PM
Some other ways I would be willing to die:

1) Eaten by werewolves/velociraptors/yetis. But only if I get to say one final line before I'm killed: "I hope I give ya the s**ts."

2) Possessed by an evil spirit, and then killing myself to get rid of said evil spirit, ie. The Exorcist.

3) Falling out an airplane or with no parachute, ala Crank. Given how noisy the wind would be, however, I doubt very much that I could make one last call to my girlfriend. If I had one.

4) If I could die holding a tommygun and wearing a fedora while in a shootout with the cops, that would be awesome. "You'll never take me alive, coppers!" Rat-a-tat-a-tat-a-tat

5) Flame-broiled by Smaug, but only if it's his dying breath and I killed him.

Jibar
2008-02-20, 03:27 PM
Well, I assumed that Jibar was using "suck" as a slang term to describe men as undesirable, repellant, or disgusting, and not as a term referring to the act of creating an area of low pressure within one's mouth in order to stimulate someone else sexually. Either way, I doubt if all men are or do.

This is quite true, and is an example of how this current line of topic has been running headfirst at the PG-13 Board Rule, trying with all its might to crash through and find some holy land beyond.
Once it is through, it will bask in the sun of its non-censored domain and will live in peace with Spuddly for ever more.

Lyesmith
2008-02-20, 03:33 PM
Who is "Spuddly"?

North
2008-02-20, 03:45 PM
Well it does make sense...

Boys itp < PG13 < Men itp

Science!

Eita
2008-02-20, 03:47 PM
Who is "Spuddly"?

I don't think I want to know...

Kaelaroth
2008-02-20, 03:49 PM
OK: A Men in the Playground topic that hasn't already been said and isn't too mature for the boards...

Body Hair? Bosoms? Ummmm.....

So, who thinks there's such a thing as manly music? And if there is, which men here listen to it? And who'd just prefer a slice of something a little more feminine? If music can be feminine - can it?

The Rose Dragon
2008-02-20, 03:50 PM
So, who thinks there's such a thing as manly music? And if there is, which men here listen to it? And who'd just prefer a slice of something a little more feminine? If music can be feminine - can it?

Tori Amos.

Wait, what is your definition of "manly"?

Cobra_Ikari
2008-02-20, 03:51 PM
Manly music is the music that makes you want to go out and KILL! *roars manlily and runs around half naked*

*coughs* >.>

Jibar
2008-02-20, 03:55 PM
Manly music is the music that makes you want to go out and KILL!

So, the Automatic then?
Props if you both get that, and agree.

The Rose Dragon
2008-02-20, 03:56 PM
Quoted for truth!

Note that, in your editing, you have left one important detail out. I'm straight. Finding Fox more attractive than, say, Angelina Jolie, is apparently not normal for our kind (our kind meaning the uncultured bastard society that is straight white male (no offense, guys)).

Lyesmith
2008-02-20, 03:56 PM
Iiii'm a lumberjack, and i'm O-K...

That is the epitome of manliness.

Emerald Rose, that may be true, but i swing both ways and Jolie is kinda fugly compared to the cute gentleman you pefer.

@V I'm obviously mentally fractured. So terribly sorry.

The Rose Dragon
2008-02-20, 03:59 PM
Emerald, that may be true, but i swing both ways and Jolie is kinda fugly compared to the cute gentleman you pefer.

I also like how you called me Emerald. I have no idea why you did that.

North
2008-02-20, 04:02 PM
Note that, in your editing, you have left one important detail out. I'm straight. Finding Fox more attractive than, say, Angelina Jolie, is apparently not normal for our kind (our kind meaning the uncultured bastard society that is straight white male (no offense, guys)).

Id be more offended if it wasnt mostly true. We do have a culture, its just not the same as what polite society likes.

Kegstand!

Telonius
2008-02-20, 04:03 PM
Iiii'm a lumberjack, and i'm O-K...

That is the epitome of manliness.

Emerald, that may be true, but i swing both ways and Jolie is kinda fugly compared to the cute gentleman you pefer.

We're men! (Manly men!) We're men in tights ....

Kaelaroth
2008-02-20, 04:04 PM

I sometimes mix you up with Emerald Rose. Maybe he did too?

Telonius
2008-02-20, 04:05 PM

Oh, come on, like women don't get to adore the male body? Why do you suppose women go to baseball games?

North
2008-02-20, 04:07 PM
We're men! (Manly men!) We're men in tights ....

Tight tights!:smallbiggrin:

FoE
2008-02-20, 04:11 PM
We maaaaay look like pansies, but watch what you say, or else we'll knock out your lights!

Narmoth
2008-02-20, 04:17 PM
a bit to manly music: manowar (http://youtube.com/watch?v=g1ri-QaLO6U&feature=related)

The Rose Dragon
2008-02-20, 04:22 PM
a bit to manly music: manowar (http://youtube.com/watch?v=g1ri-QaLO6U&feature=related)

Narmoth, you're awesome.

And I hope it's Pleasure Slave, cause that song's a bit overdosed with manliness.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-02-20, 04:31 PM
Rawr. That is pansy man music! Gimme some real metal!

The Rose Dragon
2008-02-20, 04:36 PM
Rawr. That is pansy man music! Gimme some real metal!

Cobra, you're not getting it. Manowar isn't manly because it's metal. It's manly because they have moaning sounds in their songs.

No, seriously. They can make people moan without touching them. They're that manly.

Narmoth
2008-02-20, 04:37 PM
more manly metal (http://youtube.com/watch?v=HqH3sQwPoZY)
-better, Cobra Ikari?

daggaz
2008-02-20, 04:42 PM
[QUOTE=JYou should hear me talk about Dave Grohl. Mmmmhmmm. That man is a tasty dish.[/QUOTE]

Heh, maybe I outta post a pic of myself then. You ever get told that you look like somebody sorta? Yeah, we all have. I've been told (in the last five years) that I look like Dave Grohl at least... oh... 1000 times. Not kidding. Its gotten to be an inside joke with me and my closer friends.

Trog
2008-02-20, 04:44 PM
No, seriously. They can make people moan without touching them. They're that manly.

You mean like Chevy Chase in Modern Problems? Neat-o. Radioactive-waste-induced-powers FTW!

Blayze
2008-02-20, 06:29 PM
So, who thinks there's such a thing as manly music? And if there is, which men here listen to it?

Dragonforce. Because nothing's manlier than Nintendo Metal.

North
2008-02-20, 07:53 PM
On Manly music. Johnny Cash.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-02-20, 08:00 PM
This is manly music. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=KEeOkDMWO5g)

Jagg
2008-02-20, 08:01 PM
OK: A Men in the Playground topic that hasn't already been said and isn't too mature for the boards...

Body Hair? Bosoms? Ummmm.....

Manly music?

Get's walking cane. Waves it about.

Pop
Okay...where are the manly singers? Everywhere I look the airwaves are filled with squeaky little pop princesses singing "popular" songs. At least we seem to be mostly over the "boy band" experience (Which was the biggest display of homoerotic metrosexualism I've ever seen).

Heavy metal
Blech what's up with that? I can never understand what they seem to be screaming into the mikes and most of them look like asylum escapees with drug damaged bodies. Ozzy Osbourne wanna-be, when if you look at Ozzy why the boop would you want to end up with your brain fried like that.

Country and Western
There may be real manly men who sing country. My experience however is that cowboys generally don't sing. They are too busy getting drunk and chasing girls. Also my ears aren't designed for country music...I can hear.

Rock
Ahhh, gets comfortable. The last bastion of the manly man. Personal recommendation. Ash Grunwell and Small Mercies. http://www.smallmercies.com.au/home/home.do

Serpentine
2008-02-20, 08:09 PM
Led Zeppelin :smallamused:
The hair! The hair! And not just that on the head!

Cobra_Ikari
2008-02-20, 08:12 PM

...eww, Serp! >.<

Metal is totally manly! I'll have you know I escaped from the mental institute, and I am the pinnacle of manliness! Hear me roar! :P

*huggles*

Serpentine
2008-02-20, 08:22 PM
What? :smallconfused:

I was talking about the chest hair! :smallyuk:

Cobra_Ikari
2008-02-20, 08:28 PM
What? :smallconfused:

I was talking about the chest hair! :smallyuk:

I don't like hairy anything but heads. No face, no chest, no back, no overly hairy limbs...it all creeps me out. >.<

SithLackey
2008-02-20, 09:59 PM
[/lurk]I thought that until I got some, and then I realized that it's waaay too much work to worry about it.[resume lurk]

Serpentine
2008-02-20, 10:31 PM
I don't like hairy anything but heads. No face, no chest, no back, no overly hairy limbs...it all creeps me out. >.<And you have the nerve to post in a Men's thread :smallannoyed:
:smalltongue:
(for the record, backhair is pretty gross. No offense intended to anyone who has it, I know you can't help it. But still. :smallyuk:.)

Cobra_Ikari
2008-02-20, 10:33 PM
And you have the nerve to post in a Men's thread :smallannoyed:
(for the record, backhair is pretty gross. No offense intended to anyone who has it, I know you can't help it. But still. :smallyuk:.)

I have the nerve, aye. I like my women relatively hairless? Also, snakes don't get much body hair, you know. :smalltongue:

Proven_Paradox
2008-02-20, 10:47 PM
And you have the nerve to post in a Men's thread :smallannoyed:

Yeah, I know. But there's seriously jack I can do about it. It's not like I can reach back there to get rid of it. It's undeniably manly, but it is possible to be manly without being unattractive. Such as my manly man beard.

Narmoth
2008-02-21, 04:30 AM
Dragonforce. Because nothing's manlier than Nintendo Metal.

You know, anybody who knows how to play guitar can take a week and play the same as they do. They try to sell by playing fast, but they lack in the songwriting department. And I know of bands that play faster. Heck, I think of all fast bands they are most comparable to Slayer, as they both have very fast solos that are only a lot of licks with no musical thought in them at all.

and to add to the man-discussion, I present the Very Manly Bunny:

http://www.commissionedcomic.com/comics/2007-09-30.jpg

Rockphed
2008-02-21, 05:13 AM

Are you talking about back hair that is about as thick a chest hair, or any back hair at all? Also, how visible must back-hair be to create disgust?

Serpentine
2008-02-21, 05:33 AM
What, I've gotta rate it now? :smalltongue: Hmm... Well, a certain bf gets a few on his back. They make me want to pluck them - which makes him cross - but it's not particularly horrible. A friend from high school had this nasty thick patch on one shoulderblade and made another friend wax it for him. That was pretty nasty, but the guy himself could well have exaggerated that feeling for me (he was never exactly a nice guy, and excessively overweight to boot). I haven't really gotten up-close and personal with any other backhair, so I couldn't really say. That do? :smalltongue:
Paradox: Bummer. Yeah, like I said, I know it's not exactly something you can really help. And I'm hardly going to shun you always because of it :smallwink:

T'ze'hai
2008-02-21, 06:59 AM
I don't like carpets.

I think with getting rid of body hair it can be solved easily when you have a BF/GF. If you want the other to get rid of (some of) the hair, it is likely your partner wants the same of you... OK, maybe not the same hair patches...
OK, example: when I complain that my BF should shave his face because it starts to itch or hurt me, he just starts complaining about certain legs that are itchy...:smallredface:

There's always the question about which parts of your body hair to keep, and which parts to shave. I would say follow your own feelings. And find someone who agrees with that.

AtomicKitKat
2008-02-21, 09:16 AM
I don't like hairy anything but heads. No face, no chest, no back, no overly hairy limbs...it all creeps me out. >.<

Preach it brother!:smallsmile:

Oh yeah, and if you can't reach it, you can always paste flypaper on a wall and run back first at it. :smalltongue:

While we're on the manliness, how do you guys do that pec bounce? And uh, any other ladies who can do it are likewise begged for advice. ^^

WhatIsGravity
2008-02-21, 09:54 AM
What pec bounce? It's just flexing your pecs, haha. I'm underweight but I can flex my pecs enough to make it move a small amount (randomly though, still needs more strength and practice). You shouldn't have any problems, what with having already gone through NS.

AtomicKitKat
2008-02-21, 10:41 AM
What pec bounce? It's just flexing your pecs, haha. I'm underweight but I can flex my pecs enough to make it move a small amount (randomly though, still needs more strength and practice). You shouldn't have any problems, what with having already gone through NS.

What's NS? I'm a woman, remember?:smallwink:

I cheat by pulling the muscles from the traps(those triangles at the base of the neck), but I hope to be able to master it so I don't even need that some day.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-02-21, 10:43 AM
...how does one flex their pecs? I can't really figure out how to do anything witht that muscle unless actively involved in some exercise. >.>

Proven_Paradox
2008-02-21, 12:09 PM
The pec bounce? Were I to lose some weight I could do that quite well. It's all a matter of tensing the muscles. I have fairly large arm and leg muscles (manly!) and I can do something similar with those really well. I'm still working on pecs--it's hard to build those muscles; butterfly presses are probably the most painful part of my workout routine.

I'm da Rogue!
2008-02-21, 03:06 PM
Led Zeppelin :smallamused:
The hair! The hair! And not just that on the head!

Love ya.

FoE
2008-02-21, 03:27 PM
*Hops in lap*

*Makes out with*

Cobra_Ikari
2008-02-21, 03:33 PM
...cute cheerleader makeouts time? Where do I sign up? :P

Lyesmith
2008-02-21, 03:37 PM
You have to be rogue, i think.
But who can blame FoE? That avatar is awesome.

Jagg
2008-02-21, 05:41 PM
Hang on if anyone gets to make out with demon cheerleaders....wait um, Go for it rouge!!

*sets up video camera*

averagejoe
2008-02-21, 08:02 PM
demon cheerleaders

That seems redundant... :smallconfused:

Cobra_Ikari
2008-02-21, 08:07 PM
That seems redundant... :smallconfused:

I wish. I'd be all over those cheerleader succubi.

Provided they're legal, of course. >.>

Micate
2008-02-21, 10:34 PM
I wish. I'd be all over those cheerleader succubi.

Provided they're legal, of course. >.>

But that's what makes succubi so evil. They're never legal!

Shraik
2008-02-22, 12:09 AM
But that's what makes succubi so evil. They're never legal!

THE FIENDS!!! Wait, I'm not legal, and there are no rules against two minors....this is giving me ideas.

Narmoth
2008-02-22, 04:02 AM
Bad ideas, that is

T'ze'hai
2008-02-22, 05:24 AM
What is it with men and cheerleaders anyway?

Lyesmith
2008-02-22, 05:31 AM
I dunno. We dont have cheerleaders where i am, but according to TV they are just snobby brats who may or may not be Buffy and possibly be able to regrow limbs and stuff.

I dint find them the least bit likeable, admittantly.

Shraik
2008-02-22, 04:57 PM
Bad ideas, that is

There is nothing wrong with those ideas...
>.>
<.<

Kaelaroth
2008-02-22, 05:00 PM
I dunno. We dont have cheerleaders where i am, but according to TV they are just snobby brats who may or may not be Buffy and possibly be able to regrow limbs and stuff.

I dint find them the least bit likeable, admittantly.

Buffy didn't make the team, did she? I though she tried, but then Amy's mother used a bloodstone vengeance spell on her to make her abnormally weak, with the occasional fluctuation to absurd strength, so that Amy's mother, in Amy's form, could make the team. She's already cleared the way by making that other girl burst into flames.

Although, now I look back, I seem to recall that she made the team once the spell was finished, and Amy's mother had been trapped in her trophy - because she comes into the library with pom-poms at some point.

And now I'm confused, and nerdy. :smalltongue:

Cobra_Ikari
2008-02-22, 05:35 PM
...I liked Buffy. Well...the TV show. A little.

...Willow was better. >.>

Brickwall
2008-02-22, 05:49 PM

You realize that the entire concept of a cheerleader was designed to be attractive to men? Let's read off the checklist:

Attractive figure. Check.
Outfit that shows off figure effectively. Check.
Acrobatic maneuvers meant to show off figure. Check.

Now let's move on to puzzling out more difficult problems, like 2+2=?

FoE
2008-02-22, 05:50 PM
Buffy didn't make the team, did she?

She was in the movie. In fact, while she's cheering at a basketball game, she notices one of the players is a vampire

Cheerleader outfits are classic fetish gear. See also: Catholic and Japanese schoolgirls, nurses and vampires. :smalltongue:

Lyesmith
2008-02-22, 06:59 PM
I agree on Willow being cuter. She made for the best villan, too, even if it was just for the three episodes.

How come those particular things (Cheerleaders, schoolgirls, etc.) are fetishised?

Brickwall
2008-02-22, 07:08 PM
How come those particular things (Cheerleaders, schoolgirls, etc.) are fetishised?

All that needs to be said.

Telonius
2008-02-22, 09:43 PM
I agree on Willow being cuter. She made for the best villan, too, even if it was just for the three episodes.

Because men tend to encounter a lot of them at exactly the point in their lives when their hormones are starting to turn on.

(Except for vampires. They're just sexy.)

Catholic schoolgirls are, by reputation, much wilder than the non-Catholic variety. Discussion of why that is will probably get me into forum rules violation; but I will say that in my personal experience of going to Catholic schools it holds up pretty well.

SDF
2008-02-22, 11:00 PM
The only kind of girl at my Catholic HS was; rich. Not really a huge difference from public school, except social cliques like punks and goths were almost non-existent.

ZeroNumerous
2008-02-22, 11:06 PM
Heavy metal
Blech what's up with that? I can never understand what they seem to be screaming into the mikes and most of them look like asylum escapees with drug damaged bodies.

Just because you're not man enough to listen to it doesn't make it bad :smalltongue:

SDF
2008-02-22, 11:28 PM
Just because you're not man enough to listen to it doesn't make it bad :smalltongue:

That may be, but it certainly doesn't make it good :smallwink:

Shraik
2008-02-22, 11:31 PM
I am a proud fan of Catholic schoolgirl uniforms. School would be very boring without them.

AtomicKitKat
2008-02-22, 11:51 PM
Uniforms in general...for both sides at that. I think it's something to do with uniforms representing rigidity and stability, and you know, the primacy of interaction being the opposite...

averagejoe
2008-02-23, 01:43 AM
You realize that the entire concept of a cheerleader was designed to be attractive to men? Let's read off the checklist:

Acrobatic maneuvers meant to show off figure. Check.

You're not wrong, but I think there's more to it than that. To some people (I assume, if TV is to be believed. I've never felt this way myself, so all this may be a load of bull.) cheerleaders represent the epitome of the social ladder. To be mated to a cheerleader increases one's own status socially. The cheerleader represents that girl who you never even bothered trying with because she was way too good for you. At least, that's how it seems to me.

(Except for vampires. They're just sexy.)

Ew. Gross. Necrophiliac. I like my partners to be living, thank you very much. And non-evil. I try to be open minded, but sexing corpses is definitely not manly. Or womanly, for that matter.

ZeroNumerous
2008-02-23, 01:49 AM
That may be, but it certainly doesn't make it good :smallwink:

No, but if you can't listen to it then how can you judge it's worth? :smallconfused:

Jagg
2008-02-23, 01:52 AM
No, but if you can't listen to it then how can you judge it's worth? :smallconfused:

That's the point how can you "listen" to it if you can't understand what the WARGGH NARRRRaAMMAMMAAA sounds mean?

Of course I'm talking about the truly HEAVY stuff.

FoE
2008-02-23, 02:00 AM
Ew. Gross. Necrophiliac. I like my partners to be living, thank you very much. And non-evil. I try to be open minded, but sexing corpses is definitely not manly. Or womanly, for that matter.

They're not dead, they're undead. And well, um, while I can't actually say this on the forum, as one character put it in the crappy direct-to-video movie Vampires: Los Muertos, you haven't lived till you got ... something ... from a vampire. :smalltongue:

And to any moderator or young child who is reading this, "something" is cookies. :smallwink:

ZeroNumerous
2008-02-23, 02:30 AM
Of course I'm talking about the truly HEAVY stuff.

I know that, I'm just playing the Devil's Advocate. :smalltongue:

Renegade Paladin
2008-02-23, 02:36 AM
All rise for the Man's Prayer.

"I'm a man, but I can change. If I have to. I guess."

Sit down.

(Really, what's a thread with this title doing without that in the OP? :smalltongue: )

skywalker
2008-02-23, 02:37 AM
First off, are there any actual vampires out there? Are we talking people who drink blood, or people who subsist on it? My God, 2:30AM does weird things to me.

Second of all, as a man(which this thread is for?) I have to say that cheerleaders tend to be attractive. I am currently a college student(aged 19) who enjoys the sight of cheerleaders primarily because they are attractive. While I spent many a Friday Night Halftime staring at cheerleaders, I have to say that it was a purely physical attraction and never had anything to do with social class. I hooked up with a cheerleader once(does that score me man points?) and I did not feel as tho it were the pinnacle of my social career. Although I did think it was really fun.

Finally, I love 70s heavy metal. Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, that sort of thing. I think metal went wrong when it stopped being about music and started being about how many meedlies the lead guitarist can play. I mean, early Metallica has some decent musical ideas, Cliff Burton (their original bassist) was incredible, but all the other guys, and new Metallica, I understand that they're good, but dang, that sounds like crap. Yes, it's really hard. No, being able to play it does not make you a better guitarist than Eric Clapton.

averagejoe
2008-02-23, 05:37 PM
They're not dead, they're undead. And well, um, while I can't actually say this on the forum, as one character put it in the crappy direct-to-video movie Vampires: Los Muertos, you haven't lived till you got ... something ... from a vampire. :smalltongue:

And to any moderator or young child who is reading this, "something" is cookies. :smallwink:

Oh, I see, so you'd sell out humanity for a few seconds of passion? It's people like you these propaganda films hope to target. They try to make undeath seem "cool" and "sexy" in an attempt to make you easy prey come time for the hunt.

FoE
2008-02-24, 05:18 AM
Oh, I see, so you'd sell out humanity for a few seconds of passion? It's people like you these propaganda films hope to target. They try to make undeath seem "cool" and "sexy" in an attempt to make you easy prey come time for the hunt.

Please. Demons can't be turned into vampires. But even if we could, vampires are no threat. Everybody knows that their population is held in check by werewolves. :smalltongue:

The Rose Dragon
2008-02-24, 05:31 AM
I am a proud fan of Catholic schoolgirl uniforms. School would be very boring without them.

I am a fan of tartan skirts. They signify youth and hotness.

averagejoe
2008-02-24, 05:36 AM
Please. Demons can't be turned into vampires. But even if we could, vampires are no threat. Everybody knows that their population is held in check by werewolves. :smalltongue:

Demons? Werewolves? Now you're just being silly. I'm trying to have a serious discussion here about real life, not flights of fancy. :smalltongue:

Thanks for the spell check, by the way. I try hard not to make those sorts of mistakes, but am obviously not always successful.

bosssmiley
2008-02-24, 06:56 AM

Quick answer: cultural conditioning (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AllGuysWantCheerleaders).

edit: and I never understood the 'vampire as sex object' thing, even though we had to study it for Eng. Lit. The whole fetishism of being drained/consumed that seems to be a substantial part of the vampire mythos is sort of like a cheeseburger getting off on the idea of being eaten; just plain weird.

But then I never got the appeal of Vore (term NSFW). *meh* YKINMK. :smallconfused:

Serpentine
2008-02-24, 07:46 AM
edit: and I never understood the 'vampire as sex object' thing, even though we had to study it for Eng. Lit. The whole fetishism of being drained/consumed that seems to be a substantial part of the vampire mythos is sort of like a cheeseburger getting off on the idea of being eaten; just plain weird.Well... vampires are the more alive-looking undead, for starters. At least starting with Dracula, they've been of the rich, stylish, elite variety. Dracula had his whole brides thing going on... And the blood sucking, compared with other ways to die, is so very intimate: He has to draw you close, place his lips on your neck... it's often preceeded with seduction to make the intimacy possible, or at least easier...
That's just some stuff off the top of my head.

ZeroNumerous
2008-02-24, 07:52 AM
First off, are there any actual vampires out there? Are we talking people who drink blood, or people who subsist on it? My God, 2:30AM does weird things to me..

All Hail Wikipedia, the Font of All Knowledge (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampire_lifestyle)!

FoE
2008-02-24, 07:54 AM
From the moment Bram Stoker wrote Dracula, it's been suggested that being the victim of a vampire — getting all the blood drained out of you —*was pleasurable (though ultimately lethal). Which of course was wh Dracula was so effective in Victorian times, when sexual pleasure was regarded as unwholesome and ungodly.

Of course, that's not true in all vampire fiction; the recent film 30 Days of Night makes an effort to portray vampires as ravenous beasts rather than seductive predators. So that is definitely not sexy.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-02-24, 07:55 AM
Well... vampires are the more alive-looking undead, for starters. At least starting with Dracula, they've been of the rich, stylish, elite variety. Dracula had his whole brides thing going on... And the blood sucking, compared with other ways to die, is so very intimate: He has to draw you close, place his lips on your neck... it's often preceeded with seduction to make the intimacy possible, or at least easier...
That's just some stuff off the top of my head.

Points to Serp!
Also, look at the prose of even Bram Stoker's Dracula.
And then read it like a Victorian-Era mind.
The whole thing is so terribly - er - intimate, its all about the , uhm... cookies.

Seriously, the idea of a romantic rogue, sweeping humans away with the grace and inteliigance of a hundread year's practice, Prey on the rich, a life of luxury, walking the night with a grim little smile and an evil plan, sustaining yourself on the very life force of others, there is nothing more intimate than taking another's blood.
(Its a closeness of spirit thing - art of the reason I throughly enjoy plain physical, skin-to-skin contact like holding hands or giving and receiving massages).

Andre Fairchilde
2008-02-24, 11:47 AM

Probably because you named yourself after my wife. :smallannoyed:

The Rose Dragon
2008-02-24, 11:52 AM
Probably because you named yourself after my wife. :smallannoyed:

No, I named myself after one of my characters, Prince Jin Lung the Rose Dragon. Let's not make assumptions, shall we? :smallsigh:

Lyesmith
2008-02-24, 11:55 AM
His point was pseudo-correct, though. at the time of posting i was pretty tired and off my head on painkillers, and i just rhoguht you were Emeraldrose.
Sorry about that.

Andre Fairchilde
2008-02-24, 12:00 PM
His point was pseudo-correct, though. at the time of posting i was pretty tired and off my head on painkillers, and i just rhoguht you were Emeraldrose.
Sorry about that.

And the fact that you and my wife spoke quite a bit when you were posting as Khantalas.

I apologize for assuming the two very extremely similar names were nothing more than coincidence.

The Rose Dragon
2008-02-24, 12:04 PM
And the fact that you and my wife spoke quite a bit when you were posting as Khantalas.

I apologize for assuming the two very extremely similar names were nothing more than coincidence.

Well, fact is, names with higher similarities can be found (did you know of the one called Khanderas?).

Burrito
2008-02-26, 09:48 AM
Wish I had stumbled on this thread earlier. It is pretty awesome.
Yeah, unfortunatly there is no real time when all of a sudden you "level up" and become a man and have a shiny new list of feats to choose from. Manhood is just like life, an ongoing process with only one real forseable end. As far as those go who wish to join the Ranks of Manhood, wether you are Straight/Gay/Male/Female/Outsider/Whatever...the rules are pretty much the same.
All you have to do is work hard, try to improve yourself, love and support your family, take RESPONSABILITY for yourself and your actions, make sure your children grow up to be good people, respect others, pay taxes, vote, exercise restraint, take advice from those who know better, learn from your mistakes, learn to rely on others, keep your promises, don't commit crimes, always wear a condom, set goals and work to surpass them. I mean come on, that seems like a pretty easy list...yeah right. If Manhood was easy, we wouldn't even have this thread.
Remember when you were little and (for most of us) you would look up at your dad and think "my dad is the greatest, he can do anything. I am gonna be just like him someday". Now just try to imagine what it was like for you dad at that time. He was probably in his mid to late twenties, he had bills to pay, a family to support. Imagine the stress of just life in general, now there were additional lives that he was responsable for, not just his. All the while thinking "is this good enough for my family? Am I going to be able to handle this? I just hope my kid has it better than me. Please Lord don't let me F this up" All of that is just some of the weight of mountain that is Manhood. Hopefully he had good role modles to look up to and get support from (his father, uncles, etc), hopefully he didn't break under the strain and start drinking, beat his wife, leave, whatever.
The thing is, there is no glib answer or magic bullet for Manhood. It is an ongoing, and evolving process that is different for each person. It involves doubt, pain, struggle, heartache..but also love, satisfaction, pride and personal growth. Life never gets easier, you just end up learning how to handle the problmes better.

Quincunx
2008-02-26, 11:34 AM
Sorry to interrupt, guys, but I think this'll settle matters quicker and less painfully than a fistfight.

(erects two-step ladder behind Andre Fairchilde)
(climbs, mop bucket in hand)
(empties bucket over his head)

For cryin' tears, if you're going to get antsy over the word 'Rose' in a name, you're going to have no peace. Planning to sit outside every chatroom with a shotgun for the next few decades, or just until your wife knocks some sense into you with the ring hand?

(climbs down from ladder, removes it)
(pause, eyeballs Khantalas)

Why haven't you gotten back into your old account anyway? I would think it'd be safer to reopen a closed account than to remain in the new one.

The Rose Dragon
2008-02-26, 11:41 AM
Why haven't you gotten back into your old account anyway? I would think it'd be safer to reopen a closed account than to remain in the new one.

Because an admin told me not to?

averagejoe
2008-02-26, 11:46 AM
Remember when you were little and (for most of us) you would look up at your dad and think "my dad is the greatest, he can do anything. I am gonna be just like him someday".

Actually, I thought, "My dad makes mistakes. Since I realize this, I'd better be sure not to make the same mistakes." On the whole, I've found this to be more effective.

Brickwall
2008-02-26, 11:54 AM
Because an admin told me not to?

My question is why you got a second account in the first place? :smallconfused:

...okay, I can't believe I'm the first one to do this, but: "Would not The Rose Dragon, by any other name, post the same content?"

Telonius
2008-02-26, 03:01 PM
Actually, I thought, "My dad makes mistakes. Since I realize this, I'd better be sure not to make the same mistakes." On the whole, I've found this to be more effective.

Yeah, my experience was closer to averagejoe's than Burrito's. Dad was in his mid to late 30s, and Mom worked just as much as he did. So not really so much on the whole "gotta support the family all by myself" thing. But even with all that help and support, it's still a lot to carry.

Kaelaroth
2008-02-26, 03:02 PM
My question is why you got a second account in the first place? :smallconfused:

...okay, I can't believe I'm the first one to do this, but: "Would not The Rose Dragon, by any other name, post the same content?"

Well, that was laugh/giggle-worthy. :smalltongue:

FoE
2008-02-26, 07:17 PM
Enough bitching about accounts, you losers! Let's turn out attentions back to chicks!

Here's a Youtube video for the more nerdier among us:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmRSuYIL1zc

The elf-girl is actually pretty hot. :smalltongue:

EmeraldRose
2008-02-26, 08:04 PM
Sorry to interrupt, guys, but I think this'll settle matters quicker and less painfully than a fistfight.

(erects two-step ladder behind Andre Fairchilde)
(climbs, mop bucket in hand)
(empties bucket over his head)

For cryin' tears, if you're going to get antsy over the word 'Rose' in a name, you're going to have no peace. Planning to sit outside every chatroom with a shotgun for the next few decades, or just until your wife knocks some sense into you with the ring hand?

(climbs down from ladder, removes it)
(pause, eyeballs Khantalas)

My only comment on this topic: I believe that Andre is not annoyed because Khan used the name 'Rose', but because when he was mistakenly called 'Emerald', Khan said he 'kinda liked it'. The fact that I have in the past used the name 'EmeraldDragon' to RP here in the Playground, while Khan was still around, and that his new name is very like a mixture of my two names, is a little too much of a coincidence, and I'll admit makes me uncomfortable as well.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-02-26, 08:16 PM
Enough bitching about accounts, you losers! Let's turn out attentions back to chicks!

Yes, yes she is. I think this has to do with the fact that she can act and the other girl...can't. >.<

Serpentine
2008-02-26, 08:29 PM
...okay, I can't believe I'm the first one to do this, but: "Would not The Rose Dragon, by any other name, post the same content?"Hehee :smallbiggrin:

Something pertinent I learned in my Citizen and Society in Ancient Rome class: The basic, fundamental thing that men were all about was feeding their family, and protecting their family.
yeah, that's all I've got.

Can't say I see what the problem with Khan's new name is. Even if it was inspired by EmeraldRose's - and he's already said it wasn't - it's at least as likely to be that he stuck the two bits together one day and thought it sounded nice as to have some sort of sinister, personal significance :smallconfused:

Goblin Dan
2008-02-26, 08:57 PM
I may be a man but I think most men are dumb.

Kneenibble
2008-02-26, 09:30 PM

Get a guy in a Legolas costume in a video like that and I'M THERE, BABY.
Wait, can I say that in this thread?
*surreptitiously hides Gimli helmet under his chair*

Re Goblin Dan: Agreed, but so are most women. Most people are just dumb, really.

Anyways, isn't that what guys usually say to women to sound sensitive, as a pick-up line?

Jagg
2008-02-27, 05:12 AM

Umm FOE, I clicked on that link with the sound on high. I got the strangest look from my wife.

O.O

Brickwall
2008-02-27, 10:09 AM
Umm FOE, I clicked on that link with the sound on high. I got the strangest look from my wife.

O.O

I can't imagine why. Probably because the non-elf girl was wearing far too much makeup. That tends to draw strange looks. I don't think it could have been anything else. Nope.

Aramil Liadon
2008-02-27, 07:37 PM
Yeah, that was kind of odd. And creepy. But the elf chick was hot (read: not quite as ugly). Just like anyone with elf ears would be, might I add.

Eita
2008-03-01, 01:29 AM
Men, we've done it. We've broken the PG13 barrier in the forums. I won't link it here because then the admins would probably delete it.

FoE
2008-03-01, 01:38 AM

O.O

HA HA HA! Oh, that's awesome. Another marriage destroyed, thanks to the Face of Evil! I'm like Mephisto, baby!

"... I want your marriage." YOU FIEND! :smallamused:

EDIT: You guys get that the video is a parody of those stupid late-night commercials for chatlines, right?

Leper_Kahn
2008-03-01, 02:13 AM
That video reminded me of Rick Roll... I don't know why...

I also remembered no one ever gets Rick Rolled on this site! That changes today!

IMPORTANT NEWS REGARDING MEN IN THE PLAYGROUND! CLICK THIS LINK!!1!one!11 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0)

Yes, I know it is the wimpy version where you can actually just close the window. I don't want to get banned!

@V Back to the Future all the way!

FoE
2008-03-01, 02:19 AM
"Hey Rick? It’s your cousin, Marvin! Marvin Astley?! You know that mediocre, generic sound you’ve been looking for? Well, listen to THIS!”

[FLUX]
2008-03-01, 03:23 AM
Hah, Back to the Future references for the win.

Also, *Is the Man.*

Rowanomicon
2008-03-01, 06:05 PM
This video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=bRCsDhgSXUg) is at least a dozen different kinds of manly awesome.

FoE
2008-03-01, 11:00 PM
This video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=bRCsDhgSXUg) is at least a dozen different kinds of manly awesome.

That is somehow awesome and horrific at the same time. :smallamused:

Rowanomicon
2008-03-01, 11:13 PM
Scantily clad women, motorcycles, heavy metal... What's not to like?

Rock Hard, Ride Free!

FoE
2008-03-01, 11:29 PM
The fact that it's so frickin' lazy. Nothing wrong with scantily-clad chicks, mind you, but there's nothing on display here that I couldn't find in your average Maxim.

This trailer for Iron Man is pretty man-tastic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hx6TEqrzHU

@V: Robert Downey Jr.

Rowanomicon
2008-03-01, 11:40 PM
ACDC to start it off and Black Sabbath (could they have avoided that song?) to finish it. Good stuff.

I think this movie will raise the bar on super-hero movies. That actor is good (forget his name) and the general awesome of that movie, as not only a comic flick, but an action flick, seems at a good level.

I like the line, "Yeah, I can fly."

Brickwall
2008-03-02, 08:37 AM

Very manly. I think the room now smells of beer because of that video (it must be that, since we've never had any in here).

AtomicKitKat
2008-03-02, 09:24 AM
"What do you say to the people who call you the Da Vinci of our time?"

"Absolutely ridiculous. I don't paint."

"What about those who call you the 'Merchant of Death'?"

"I like that one.":smallbiggrin:

Rowanomicon
2008-03-02, 02:08 PM
"What do you say to the people who call you the Da Vinci of our time?"

"Absolutely ridiculous. I don't paint."

"What about those who call you the 'Merchant of Death'?"

"I like that one.":smallbiggrin:

Haha, great.

Very manly. I think the room now smells of beer because of that video (it must be that, since we've never had any in here).

Everything in that video just reeks of pure manly awesome right down tot he fact that the guy watching her dance is wearing plaid.

Jagg
2008-03-02, 11:16 PM

Sure we have.

*gives Brickwall a Homebrew*

Hell Puppi
2008-03-02, 11:21 PM
Scantily clad women, motorcycles, heavy metal... What's not to like?

Rock Hard, Ride Free!

Is it bad that I thought 'wow I hope they don't crash, they'll get eaten by the road.'?
But otherwise: awesome.

Edit: be be fair, not being feminist, I love motorcycles and my mother worked for the ER for years. Heard enough bad stories about people not being properly protected while on a motorcycle.

Brickwall
2008-03-03, 12:26 AM
Sure we have.

I meant my room, not the thread.

And get that away from me. Alcohol is nasty.

Rowanomicon
2008-03-03, 12:41 AM
Sure we have.

Is that what that forum (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15) is about. I seem to have been misguided for some time...

*Gladly take the beer away from Brickwall.*

Who here likes to Shotgun?

Is it bad that I thought 'wow I hope they don't crash, they'll get eaten by the road.'?
But otherwise: awesome.

Edit: be be fair, not being feminist, I love motorcycles and my mother worked for the ER for years. Heard enough bad stories about people not being properly protected while on a motorcycle.

...I guess it's good to be concerned about their safety... I have to admit though, that's not the first thing that came to my mind...

(but yeah, if they crashed wearing only bikinis they'd basically end up as thin red stains on the road)

FoE
2008-03-03, 12:44 AM
I love motorcycles and my mother worked for the ER for years. Heard enough bad stories about people not being properly protected while on a motorcycle.

An old co-worker of mine used to work at a hospital, and I think his mom was a nurse. Anyway, he told me that the other people in the hospital used to call motorcycles "donor cycles." :smallamused: