PDA

View Full Version : GM Worship [religion]

drawingfreak
2008-02-03, 12:41 PM
In my currently running humorous campaign, I am going to introduce a cult of wizards and clerics who worship the Almighty Game Master and truly believe that life is but a game. I'm pretty sure someone suggested the idea to me here...*shrug*

Anywho, I wanted to ask you peoples for ideas and opinions into the religion. I pretty much have a blank slate here so, go for it.

ZeroNumerous
2008-02-03, 12:46 PM
The webcomic Goblins(C) has a cleric who worships the DM.

One key point should be the afterlife. There is no afterlife if you worship the DM, you merely reincarnate in a new form as either a Human, Halfling, Elf, Dwarf, Gnome, Half-Elf, or Half-Orc. :smallbiggrin:

mikeejimbo
2008-02-03, 01:01 PM
For clerics, you as the DM get to choose which domains they have access to. Of course you as the DM always has that option.

Armoury99
2008-02-03, 04:02 PM
His Avatar looks like this...

http://www.zaksrealm.net/Screencap_Gallery/Quest/dungeonmaster.jpg

His worshppers believe that the world is designed along inviolate rules... but those rules sometimes have errors and loopholes that can be exploited (basically, they have the ability to play RAW - even if that's not the normal style of play in your campaign. Expect a commoner railgun)

Sometimes there's a pause between casting a complex spell he/she grants, as the GamesMaster has to look it up....

Female worshippers compete for the coverted title of "GM's Girlfriend" for which they receive special favours....

Its rumoured that you can overthrow him somehow and take his place...

He is a fickle god. It is said that an offering of pizza can placate him.

His arch-nemesis looks like this....

http://www.alvarezperea.com/dragonesymazmorras/malos_venger.jpg

...or maybe this:

http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~doc/dungeonmaster.jpg

Doberler
2008-02-03, 04:07 PM
This is one of the more humorous posts I've had the pleasure of reading.

StoryKeeper
2008-02-03, 04:11 PM
The webcomic Goblins(C) has a cleric who worships the DM.

Always nice to see someone else reads that comic besides me ::smallbiggrin:

Elector
2008-02-03, 04:20 PM
All characters who worship a diety in game, or have some form of patron diety/being worship the DM. All beings in the game are meerly aspects of the Mighty DM.

The DM is a mighty being, capable of compasion as well as a furry known to no mortal being. Characters can be raised or smote at the meer thought of the DM. Destroying an aspect of the DM does not weaken it, for it can always bring it back.

StoryKeeper
2008-02-03, 04:25 PM
Hmm... aspects of the DM. Perhaps the DM has various avatars representing his different aspects. For example, the aspect of the killer DM blesses the claws and powers of the creatures the players fight against and causes rocks to fall randomly (this would be a neutral evil aspect.) Another aspect might be that of the plot maker, who gives visions of the future to his worshipers. His sign is oddly similar to a set of railroad tracks.

Dan_Hemmens
2008-02-03, 04:26 PM
The DM is a mighty being ... as well as a furry known to no mortal being.

I'm really glad that this hasn't been true of any of my DMs...

Sir Shadow
2008-02-03, 04:42 PM
this is golden.

Shademan
2008-02-03, 04:47 PM
Always nice to see someone else reads that comic besides me ::smallbiggrin:

what comic? linx plz?

StoryKeeper
2008-02-03, 05:46 PM
http://goblinscomic.com/

The first few parts are in black and white, but everything turns to color eventually. Also, it starts out with less plotline in the beginning, but the story is getting pretty good at this point.

Toric
2008-02-03, 06:19 PM
All beings are under the Game Master's dominion, but some special individuals have independent patron guardians called Players to guide their actions. These Players are not always benevolent, though. Some of them will influence their charges toward doing things that are unsafe, such as drinking unidentified potions or inserting their heads into the mouths of strange statues.

StoryKeeper
2008-02-03, 06:40 PM
Good thought, Toric. And some player's have been said to drive these individuals to slay as many creature's as they can in a never ending search of the strange substance they call "XP". Whatever the case, they seem to universally push their followers to wander around from one place to another where they invariably find some great problem that only they can possibly solve.