PDA

View Full Version : Light Sensitivity solution

Crazy Scot
2008-02-04, 05:47 AM
I am working on creating a Kobold character and was looking at their Light Sensativity. I have found a feat called Daylight Adaptation from the Player's Guide to Faerun and also listed in the Races of Eberron books that negates the problem. I was wondering if anyone knew of another way to eliminate this flaw without having to spend a feat to do so. I would prefer a spell or something along those lines. I also (almost) remember a prestige class somewhere that eliminates the flaw, but would rather try avoiding the dip into the other class just to eliminate the flaw. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

CaptainSam
2008-02-04, 05:51 AM
Sunglasses. They let your kobold see normally in daylight, and they look cool!

kamikasei
2008-02-04, 05:54 AM
There are, in fact, sunglasses which specifically overcome light sensitivity, costing only about 10gp I belive. They're called something like Sundark Goggles and may be in Races of the Dragon. There was a thread on this very subject (well, it might have been prompted by orcs rather than kobolds) quite recently, I'll see if I can dig it up. In any case, that's definitely the way to go rather than wasting a precious feat and/or level.

edit: Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70710).

Talic
2008-02-04, 06:02 AM
Also, you could work with your DM to design a spell. Certainly a spell that removed sensitivity would be no more powerful that See Invisibility, and would likely have a duration of 1 hour/level, as a level 2 spell.

Alternately, seek a bonus that counters the relatively minor penalties that Light Sensitivity provides.

raygungothic
2008-02-04, 06:10 AM
The image of an entire orc tribe wearing shades is a highly appealing one. I will save it for a rainy day. Thank you.

Townopolis
2008-02-04, 10:56 AM
The image of an entire orc tribe wearing sunglasses, sleeveless leather jerkins, and skullcaps, riding worgs, and wielding chains and other weird weapons is a highly appealing one.

I'd call them "The Infernal Celestials."

Citizen Joe
2008-02-04, 11:01 AM
I swear I saw a WOW machinima where there was an orc dressed up like a Man in Black with the shades....

de-trick
2008-02-04, 11:56 AM
theres kobold champion at 2nd level dont have light sensitivity