PDA

View Full Version : Team B.B.B v. Team R.U.P (XD)

Piedmon_Sama
2008-02-06, 11:35 AM
The premise of this thread is very simple: brute force vs skill & dead kunnin'. We have two teams---Team Bar Bar Bar is composed of archetypical barbarians, the embodiment of sheer power and fearlessness. On the other hand you have the masters of tactics and silent victory, personified in the term ninja, and here by Team Reel Ultimaet Powar.

Each of these characters were experiencing a normal day when, just happening to have all their usual equipment on them, they were suddenly teleported to a barren desert-like location. Sparsely studded with rocky outcroppings tall enough to lurk behind, but not too thick to smash through if you're rediculously strong. They were made to understand they could only go home when the other team was decisively defeated.

Both teams were teleported in their groups standing about 100 yards apart, able to see each other. They have no time to confer prior to the battle. Characters fight lethally or non-lethally depending on their usual M.O.

THE TEAMS:

Team Bar-Bar-Bar

1. He-Man (Masters of the Universe)

Eternia's favorite ubermensche, astride faithful Battle-Cat. He is equipped with his trusty sword, chest-armor, loincloth, furry boots and nothing else. This is New Series He-Man, the (faintly) less rediculous of the two versions.

2. Guts (Berserk)

For a bit of the old ultraviolence, Guts comes with Dragon Sword and Armor of the Berzerker. And that rediculous cannon/crossbow robo-arm.

3. Kratos (God of War)

To keep things in my purview, this is mortal Kratos from the first game only. If anyone would like to send me GoW II to enhance the discussion, feel free. Kratos has all his divine weapons (wrath of Poseidon, gorgon's head, Zeus's thunder, souls of Hades, sword of Artemis) and his usual Blades of Chaos.

4. Conan the Barbarian (Conan)

While not as powerful as some others on this list, Conan definitely has a place here as the grand-daddy of all pulp barbarians to ever come after. He slew that hideous thing, battled that sorcerer, rescued and subsequently bedded that wench back when everyone else on Team BBB was a gleam in the eye of their creators' grandpas. Plus, he's wily.

Team Reel Ultimaet Powar

1. Uzumaki Naruto (Naruto)

Konoha's favorite son! Well, their 50th favorite or however many kids were in his graduating class... equipped with his usual compliment of throwing stars/kunai, and scrolls. Completely arbitrarily, this is immediately post-Buyuudan level Naruto.

2. Snake-Eyes (Gi-Joe)

The ninja we (at least I) grew up loving. Mute and seemingly fearless, Snake-Eyes is arguably America's single best weapon against terror. Known to have once killed an entire VC squad with a spoon. Comes here with katana, ninja-to, marine k-bar, silenced 9mm, 3 frag grenades and uzi.

3. Batman (DC Comics)

The ninja's ninja, Bruce Wayne combines elite martial arts with the best personal protection gadgets money can buy, plus the world's best investigative mind. His gear includes folded batarangs, grappling gun, gas bombs/mask, bolos and handcuffs, as well as an electrified defense system over his kevlar body-armor.

4. Captain Soifon (Bleach)
ADDED WITH GREAT TREPIDATION. I actually had trouble remembering any other suitably ninja characters who weren't from Naruto, but went with Soifon since I vaguely remember Bleach from years ago. Nevertheless, IIRC what she brings to the table is insane speed, effectively short-range teleportation as well as a poison short sword/stinger that saps the enemy's life over multiple strikes.

Poison_Fish
2008-02-06, 03:52 PM
How much does he man have access to the power of greyskull?

How much power does naruto have?

Illiterate Scribe
2008-02-06, 04:01 PM
May I submit the Doom Marine as a reservist for Team BBB?

He's a 12.0 on the 10.0 scale of badness, y'see, and punches out cyberdemons with his bare hands.

Piedmon_Sama
2008-02-06, 05:38 PM
How much does he man have access to the power of greyskull?

I've never heard of that being portioned out. I'm thinking of New Series (2002) He-Man, which I understand is a great deal less rediculous than old-school 80s He-Man.

How much power does naruto have?

I should probably specify that.... I'm thinking immediately post-Shippuden Naruto, that is after his two years of training and the Chuunin exam.